Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Warpmind on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:57 pm

"Well yes and no, if you are on the same plane if you will as a spirit then it can be affected, but it is not exactly the same as affecting a Umbrood who have manifested, it gets rather complicated so you would be at an disadvantage, especially since more higher ranked spirits might then shift what plane of the umbra they are in and attack you from that while you can not affect them in return...the weapons of a ship are generally made to be able to take out spirits or at least harm them and chase them away though."
Crexia said.
Colin frowned, "Well, then, I'll be sure to not disembark the vehicle in flight."

"For some spirits you inability to bind them to your will might make you more trustworthy in their eyes, however for the most part a spirit will not know what you can and can not do Mr Wainwright and they might not believe what you tell them. If you have spoken with Umbroods though disbelieving them might be hard indeed."
He nodded, "Well, judging from the ones with whom I've spoken, they are very much what they are - and starting with a show of politeness rather than posturing and demanding seems the safer option... While one should speak softly and carry a big stick, that doesn't necessarily mean one should parade the stick at all times."

"Well yes Udella do seam to have...taken to you Mr Wainwright...I do wonder why though, she is usually a friendly woman but I do think she sees something...special in you."
The old archmage said with a knowing smile.
"Well no matter, like I said if you want to try to convince her of her importance you are welcome to try."
He winked slyly and lowered his voice, "Quite; I rather suspect you've noticed the same thing, though. And I value your discretion. Rumours can get so... messy."

"Well they hunt...vampires yes, but they also hunt us as in mages or anything else supernatural. Often deaths at their hands are blamed on the Union, though sometimes a mage will just...vanish...something also often blamed on the Union or on Paradox...they are the Inquisition Mr Wainwright, or what is left of them, and make no mistake while most of them are sleepers, they are dangerous."
Crexia said and frowned.
"And as for their methods...well, let us just say you will not want to find yourself their prisoner."
He grimaced, "Ah, yes, Muggles Militant. Because God forbid there would be power that won't bend to Sleepers' wills. Still, I'd like to think that anyone managing to take me prisoner in the first place would find they'd bitten over more than they could chew. Still, best not underestimate them..."

"No I think they are fine...though things seam to have gotten grim, I seldom see Udella use her Mastery of Ignem to such a degree."
The Tytalus said and she sounded impressed.
He frowned, "Ign... oh. So it was a member of this Labyrinth, then."

Crexia looked at you and nodded a grim look on her face.
"Well that do sound rather gruesome Mr Wainwright but it might just cause some harm to the Labyrinth inhabitants, hum...if you think you can pull it off and your rote will not affect our group then go for it."
She said and nodded approvingly.
He nodded, "It might... but I think I can limit it to the guk on the walls - literally, the crap that doesn't belong."

((OOC: You're welcome. I just might bring mine Sunday and let you have a look, decide for yourself. Smile ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:46 am

"No...none, it is just like stepping in or out of the Umbra in any other place." Tanner said and shook his head...

"The way into the Labyrinth through that mirror has no protections on it against intruders such as us other than the normal patrols and the main wards?" he asked with a tilt of his head. "The path between the main door maintenance shed and that mirror has no traps or alarms?," he said, sounding skeptical at that as well. "Do you know the true name of the Water elemental? Or a nickname?"

"No...nothing relevant to you at least, I guess there is a change the wards on my room will go down other than that no, but my Mentor will be pissed...she will be far more pissed if I am...well you know...but she will not be happy to learn of my death either...I am a very useful apprentice."

"Very well. Goodbye then, Mr Tanner. I do hope that in your next life, your avatar will not go through the cauls again and instead will find a way to remember and be the way it was once before one of its hosts stepped through them."

"So any last..." "Yeah...yeah one thing, a favor really, I have a personal pawn Marco is his name, Marco Dell, he is a beautiful man, could you fuck up his face if you see him, using fire or acid or something. Marco have served me well and I would not want Abigail to turn her eyes to him when his master dies and he no longer have a purpose in the Labyrinth...he do not deserve to be the boss lady's plaything."

Tanner begged and Udella blinked a few timed. "Ehm...well...we will try to make sure this Mr Dell do not become Abigail's toy...anything else Mr Tanner?" She said and Tanner shook his head sadly and squeezed his eyes shut."N...no I suppose I am ready..."

He frowned again at Cotta's apprentice as he spoke about Abigail's treatment of men. Dylan had been in her labyrinth, he knew...and Ellen had told him of how she had treated prisoners. Apparently it was not just prisoners. He sighed and then stood back a bit as Udella began to work her fire spell. The blast that erupted was so fierce that it was almost like a laser, or a ray of the sun itself. He blinked in the sudden light and then he saw the ashen form of Tanner slowly crumble to pieces. At least it had not been painful.

"Yes I see you...poor thing go on now, perhaps your next life will be a happier one." For a moment her brown eyes followed something you did not see then she turned towards you...

"Has it gone?" he asked. He didn't want another confused avatar following them home, and that spell had been so quick that it might have not even realised its host were dead. Any lingering magick from his own rote he cancelled as Udella urged them to return. He nodded to her, hoping that everyone was okay and moving to walk with her back to the others.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:38 am

Colin:

Colin frowned, "Well, then, I'll be sure to not disembark the vehicle in flight."

"No you might want to avoid that."
Crexia said and smiled.

He nodded, "Well, judging from the ones with whom I've spoken, they are very much what they are - and starting with a show of politeness rather than posturing and demanding seems the safer option... While one should speak softly and carry a big stick, that doesn't necessarily mean one should parade the stick at all times."

"Very true Mr Wainwright. If one are kind to the spirits usually one will get understanding in return, they are alien from us but that is the same, one also have to remember what they are, unlike us they do not have free will and free potential, they are one thing, and one thing only, if one can understand them then usually one will not need that stick."

He winked slyly and lowered his voice, "Quite; I rather suspect you've noticed the same thing, though. And I value your discretion. Rumours can get so... messy."

The former Tremere gave you a slight nod.
"Well rumors are best listened to rather than spread my old teacher always said."
Was all she commented though she did have a knowing smile.

He grimaced, "Ah, yes, Muggles Militant. Because God forbid there would be power that won't bend to Sleepers' wills. Still, I'd like to think that anyone managing to take me prisoner in the first place would find they'd bitten over more than they could chew. Still, best not underestimate them..."

"Yes they are best not underestimated, many of them have their little tricks, belief strong enough to work like countermagick for example, and of course weapons and a willingness to die for their cause, they can be most dangerous."

He frowned, "Ign... oh. So it was a member of this Labyrinth, then."

"That would be likely, but like I said I do not know, I can not be scrying on my two Sodalis Mr Wainwright, I am just reading the Resonances in the Umbra at the moment."

He nodded, "It might... but I think I can limit it to the guk on the walls - literally, the crap that doesn't belong."

"You think you can limit it to the walls Mr Wainwright...or you know you can?"
Crexia asked sternly.

Adley:

"The way into the Labyrinth through that mirror has no protections on it against intruders such as us other than the normal patrols and the main wards?" he asked with a tilt of his head. "The path between the main door maintenance shed and that mirror has no traps or alarms?," he said, sounding skeptical at that as well. "Do you know the true name of the Water elemental? Or a nickname?"

"Have you ever decided just to step out into the Umbra Traditionalist...it is not a way in or out of the Umbra, I use a mirror as a foci to get out here and plan to use the same mirror to get back in. There are portals in and out of realms but one can also just step in or out of the Umbra, sometimes that is harder though."
Tanner said and he sounded rather frustrated at explaining it again.
"I mean you could be sitting on your loo and just step into the Umbra if you so desired, if your Paradigm so allow, I did not use one of the portals, I just stepped into the Umbra..."
He said then he sigh and shook his head.
"No I am not told...all I know about the water elemental is that it is pissed, you know Umbroods get all uppity when you remove them from their purpose and apparently this one was a teacher of some were-something not that far from Boston and that Abigail now want that were-something to better control the elemental, and that is all I know about it."

"Very well. Goodbye then, Mr Tanner. I do hope that in your next life, your avatar will not go through the cauls again and instead will find a way to remember and be the way it was once before one of its hosts stepped through them."

Tanner grunted and nodded, he was so scared but also so relied, he was to overwhelmed with emotion to come up with some retort or to say anything. Behind his dark eyes though you could almost see, it was almost as if something looked out at you curiously as you spoke about it, then that feeling was gone as quickly as it had arisen.

"Has it gone?" he asked. He didn't want another confused avatar following them home, and that spell had been so quick that it might have not even realised its host were dead.

Udella nodded and wiped her hands on her skirts.
"It have gone, for a moment it seamed confused and a bit interested, not in me who killed it's host but in you...but yes it left for the Well of Souls and rebirth, there is little I can do about that now, I will not be attacking an Avatar freed of it's earthy bonds."

Any lingering magick from his own rote he cancelled as Udella urged them to return. He nodded to her, hoping that everyone was okay and moving to walk with her back to the others.

The corridor returned to being a hallway of bone and blood, with bits of ash floating about when you canceled your magick, the Umbra was not as the physical world and this was the form this part of it wanted to take.

Udella lead you back to that sewer corridor, pulling your through a pool of air like water and you stood there with the others again, on firm ground. Crexia glanced back at the two of you.
"Any trouble Sodalis? And what did you find out?"
She asked as Udella let go of your hand.
"We are unharmed."
The Quesitor said then she added a bit sadly over her own actions, needed though they had been.
"The same can not be said for the young Nephandus we encountered."

(OOC: Sounds good, might be fun to check it out to see if I would want to get one.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:58 am

"Have you ever decided just to step out into the Umbra Traditionalist...it is not a way in or out of the Umbra, I use a mirror as a foci to get out here and plan to use the same mirror to get back in. There are portals in and out of realms but one can also just step in or out of the Umbra, sometimes that is harder though." Tanner said and he sounded rather frustrated at explaining it again. "I mean you could be sitting on your loo and just step into the Umbra if you so desired, if your Paradigm so allow, I did not use one of the portals, I just stepped into the Umbra..."

"I understand that you can step though to the Umbra from various places. So you step through into the Umbra using the mirror as your focus and cross over directly into your Labyrinth? Something another would not be able to replicate, unless they had been inside or some link there." The guy had skills, more than he had given him credit for, he realised as he caught on. Given he was Cotta's apprentice, he should have known better. Worse though it did not give them another access way into the labyrinth that did not involve werecreatures, linear wizards and full Nephandi (oh my). He frowned, looking a bit frustrated as well, though for different reasons as he considered his answer.

"It have gone, for a moment it seamed confused and a bit interested, not in me who killed it's host but in you...but yes it left for the Well of Souls and rebirth, there is little I can do about that now, I will not be attacking an Avatar freed of it's earthy bonds."

"I was more concerned about it trying to tag-along," he said. He took her hand again and he could feel the sensation of returning to the physical world. Back in the sewer, everyone was still there and no one seemed harmed thankfully.

Crexia glanced back at the two of you. "Any trouble Sodalis? And what did you find out?"
She asked as Udella let go of your hand. "We are unharmed." The Quesitor said then she added a bit sadly over her own actions, needed though they had been. "The same can not be said for the young Nephandus we encountered."

"According to him, there is a veritable army waiting in the main entry hall for us," he said with a frown. "The two werebears, several different kinds of umbrood mostly entropic, most of the servants some of which have investments or are linear workers. He mentioned having about 30 regular pawns being in the Labyrinth and ten linear pawns. They're sending some of the mages out through the middle umbra to stave off the attack, on two fronts one of which is the Jade Demon, while some are left behind to defend the caul and Cotta. Mrs Jenkins has three more 'children' and she may have another on its way. The last he saw Matty she went to her room after she was attacked, a few hours ago. Edmund has become part of the Labyrinth, as we expected," he said, summarizing some of the main points as quickly and succinctly as he could. "Some of the umbrood are forced to work for them, one is an Umbrood Lord from a garbage dump, Abigail has a ring that has its children bound to it. Another is from Boston, a water elemental from the ocean, sent as a 'gift' and there is another with claws. Ah, and don't touch the walls, someplaces they eat people." He glanced at Udella to see if she had anything to add that he had missed or not considered.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:54 am

"I understand that you can step though to the Umbra from various places. So you step through into the Umbra using the mirror as your focus and cross over directly into your Labyrinth? Something another would not be able to replicate, unless they had been inside or some link there."

"Yes that would be correct...well I guess someone else could do the same, but it would be far harder for they would not know the exact path to take to the Labyrinth and the Aegis would stop those who are not welcome, but yes having a link to the place makes it allot easier to find the right path."
Tanner said and nodded.

He frowned, looking a bit frustrated as well, though for different reasons as he considered his answer.

The young Nephandus looked a bit scared as he noticed your frustration and he looked away nervously.

"I was more concerned about it trying to tag-along," he said. He took her hand again and he could feel the sensation of returning to the physical world. Back in the sewer, everyone was still there and no one seemed harmed thankfully.

"It could have, at times if the host dies to quickly a confused Avatar might remain for a while and might tag along those who are close by as the mage dies."
Udella said as she navigated the way through the Gauntlet and back into the sewers.
"But it left peacefully, thankfully a confused Avatar can be hard to deal with, we get them at times after executions, since many of them are so quick...there have been more of them the last 40 or 45 years or so, as if something that used to guide the lost souls out of the Main Sentencing Hall is no gone...well no matter for now I guess, Mr Tanner's Avatar is on it's way to the Well of Souls as it should."
She assured you.

"According to him, there is a veritable army waiting in the main entry hall for us," he said with a frown.

"Well no one said this would be easy Mr Roth Hicks."
Crexia said but she to frowned.

"The two werebears, several different kinds of umbrood mostly entropic, most of the servants some of which have investments or are linear workers. He mentioned having about 30 regular pawns being in the Labyrinth and ten linear pawns. They're sending some of the mages out through the middle umbra to stave off the attack, on two fronts one of which is the Jade Demon, while some are left behind to defend the caul and Cotta.

"Hum...well the good news is that if they are fighting off an attack on two fronts there is a chance they have not discovered our second group, if the Jade Demon have kept his words, that line up are not good news though, do you know anything about how many of them might be waiting for us as we enter the labyrinth?"
The old Tytalus asked.

Mrs Jenkins has three more 'children' and she may have another on its way.

"That are not good news, not good news at all, and if Miss Jerkins might have another on the way...we are going to have to inform the Chief about that."
Crexia said and frowned again.

The last he saw Matty she went to her room after she was attacked, a few hours ago.

The old archmage nodded at that.
"Good let us hope she stays there until we are ready for her."

Edmund has become part of the Labyrinth, as we expected," he said, summarizing some of the main points as quickly and succinctly as he could.

Loretta looked at you and nodded her head sadly.
"That unfortunately was expected, if they got the boy as a child it would be hard for him to resist their attempt to turn him to their side...poor boy that means there is little we can do for him now."
The Cultist muttered.

"Some of the umbrood are forced to work for them, one is an Umbrood Lord from a garbage dump, Abigail has a ring that has its children bound to it. Another is from Boston, a water elemental from the ocean, sent as a 'gift' and there is another with claws.

Crexia shook her head angrily.
"Damn, unfortunately that was expected as well, the Nephandi are not known for their kindness and even some of our own faction at times force spirits to work for us."
She said.
"Well if those spirits are not willing participants perhaps we can get them to help us ma'am."
Cara asked.
"That is a bit odd, probably not related but there was this youtube video that showed a group of great white sharks swimming with a Greenland's shark, and no they generally do not go together, near Boston, there should not be great white there as the water is to cold and not a Greenland shark either as the water it to warm, most say it is a fake though so I don't know, and like I said probably not related."
Rosario said and shrugged.
"I just thought I would mention it."

Ah, and don't touch the walls, someplaces they eat people."

"Lovely."
Crexia commented wryly.
"Well your Cabalmate might have a plan for those organic walls..."
She added.

He glanced at Udella to see if she had anything to add that he had missed or not considered.

"The Nephandus we caught was the apprentice of this Cotta...this means that there is a good chance she knows her student is deal, when you work with someone's magick so much as a master and student do, and especially if she was the one who lead him to Awakening there is a link that, she would have felt that sever..."
Udella added then she gave a sad sigh.
"I have...felt it when students I have trained have...left this world..."
She added.
"I suspect this Cotta would feel the same."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:15 am

"Very true Mr Wainwright. If one are kind to the spirits usually one will get understanding in return, they are alien from us but that is the same, one also have to remember what they are, unlike us they do not have free will and free potential, they are one thing, and one thing only, if one can understand them then usually one will not need that stick."
Colin smiled, "I'm not entirely convinced of the lack of free will, actually; Shimmer seemed quite the willful sort when we spoke."

The former Tremere gave you a slight nod.
"Well rumors are best listened to rather than spread my old teacher always said."
Was all she commented though she did have a knowing smile.
He grinned, "You had a wise teacher."

"Yes they are best not underestimated, many of them have their little tricks, belief strong enough to work like countermagick for example, and of course weapons and a willingness to die for their cause, they can be most dangerous."
He frowned, "Yes, well, the last person to counter my magic received a bullet for her efforts... and she's currently resting in the infirmary, dreading her fate and probably placing quite a bit of her hopes on my shoulders..."

"That would be likely, but like I said I do not know, I can not be scrying on my two Sodalis Mr Wainwright, I am just reading the Resonances in the Umbra at the moment."
He nodded, "Of course, I wouldn't presume to imply you were looking directly at them; but your I can think of few other reasons why Master Adimari might employ that sort of magic right there and now..."

"You think you can limit it to the walls Mr Wainwright...or you know you can?"
Crexia asked sternly.
He pondered for a moment, then nodded, "No, I quite firmly believe I can keep the effect itself limited to the outer wall. However, I have no idea whether there will be any harmful splatter resulting from it, so... with friendlies in the area, too big a risk. Hum, well, the fleshy walls can probably be dealt with in patches instead - or left to its own devices until we are ready to take down the whole thing in one go. I don't suppose giving the Labyrinth creature a nasty case of influenza would be viable?"

Udella lead you back to that sewer corridor, pulling your through a pool of air like water and you stood there with the others again, on firm ground. Crexia glanced back at the two of you.
"Any trouble Sodalis? And what did you find out?"
She asked as Udella let go of your hand.
"We are unharmed."
The Quesitor said then she added a bit sadly over her own actions, needed though they had been.
"The same can not be said for the young Nephandus we encountered."
Colin watched as the two reappeared, then gave a soft nod at Udella's mention of the Nephandus, "So it was a resident, then..."

"According to him, there is a veritable army waiting in the main entry hall for us," he said with a frown. "The two werebears, several different kinds of umbrood mostly entropic, most of the servants some of which have investments or are linear workers. He mentioned having about 30 regular pawns being in the Labyrinth and ten linear pawns. They're sending some of the mages out through the middle umbra to stave off the attack, on two fronts one of which is the Jade Demon, while some are left behind to defend the caul and Cotta. Mrs Jenkins has three more 'children' and she may have another on its way.
"That are not good news, not good news at all, and if Miss Jerkins might have another on the way...we are going to have to inform the Chief about that."
Crexia said and frowned again.
He frowned and pulled out his phone, starting to type out a message, "Oh, fuck... pardon my language. Yes, the Chief should know right away... I'll message him."
The message was quick, "JJ in basement likely pregnant. Re-assess risk as needed. Possibly confer with Ir; those kids are tough."

Ah, and don't touch the walls, someplaces they eat people." He glanced at Udella to see if she had anything to add that he had missed or not considered.
"Lovely."
Crexia commented wryly.
"Well your Cabalmate might have a plan for those organic walls..."
She added.
He grimaced, "I had an idea, but the risk of collateral casualties is too high. If I'd understood more of fleshcrafting, perhaps... Well, not much to do with that now - not if there are incoming hostiles. Good thing we got the Aegis down, then - that would have made for a far more unpleasant fight than it will have to be..."

"I have...felt it when students I have trained have...left this world..."
She added.
"I suspect this Cotta would feel the same."
He frowned and gave Adley a look, "Cotta's going to be livid when she sees us, you know... First we kill her significant other, then her Apprentice. Hopefully, that's going to put her off balance more than anything else..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:26 am

Colin smiled, "I'm not entirely convinced of the lack of free will, actually; Shimmer seemed quite the willful sort when we spoke."

"It depends on how you see free will Mr Wainwright, yes an Umbrood can decide their own action, they can agree or not agree to the deals offered and the higher the spirit the more human they will feel, but a water elemental can not just up and decide to live on land and protect a grove of trees, it is not possible for them to do so, it is not what they are, so they do not have free will in the same way you or I do."
Crexia explained.

He grinned, "You had a wise teacher."

"I did indeed."
The old Tytalus said with an enigmatic smile.

He frowned, "Yes, well, the last person to counter my magic received a bullet for her efforts... and she's currently resting in the infirmary, dreading her fate and probably placing quite a bit of her hopes on my shoulders..."

"Yes well, just do not assume you will have the same luck every time Mr Wainwright...however it is a thing many mages forget...mundane tools."
Crexia said and frowned a little as you mentioned Anna.
"Hum...yes the child have few other hopes than you right now young man."

He nodded, "Of course, I wouldn't presume to imply you were looking directly at them; but your I can think of few other reasons why Master Adimari might employ that sort of magic right there and now..."

The old Hermetic just nodded at that.

He pondered for a moment, then nodded, "No, I quite firmly believe I can keep the effect itself limited to the outer wall. However, I have no idea whether there will be any harmful splatter resulting from it, so... with friendlies in the area, too big a risk. Hum, well, the fleshy walls can probably be dealt with in patches instead - or left to its own devices until we are ready to take down the whole thing in one go. I don't suppose giving the Labyrinth creature a nasty case of influenza would be viable?"

"Making it will should probably not be to hard however once we have cleared the place burning it with fire is probably more effective Mr Wainwright, the Labyrinth's fleshy parts is not the biggest issue we are facing either, nor the biggest danger, I am far more concerned with what moves around and casts spells than the walls."
Crexia said.
"Hum yes it sounds like your plan might be to risky, we should probably worry more about other incoming enemies first in either case, it will be plenty enough time to deal with the Labyrinth itself once we win."

Colin watched as the two reappeared, then gave a soft nod at Udella's mention of the Nephandus, "So it was a resident, then..."

"Yes it was indeed, a young man who only gave his name as Tanner, Cotta's student. We got some information on him and sent him on...his way."
Udella said and frowned.
"I regret the widderslainte he will make but it is not practical to be burdened by a mage prisoner at this time. Poor boy, he could have been a fine young man if the Nephandi had not gotten their claws in him...he did have a final request though, a servant of his Marcus Dell, he wanted us to assure Mr Dell did not attract the eye of Abigail."
The Quesitor said and her eyes darkened.
"I have to admit the more I hear about this Abigail the less I like her..."

He frowned and pulled out his phone, starting to type out a message, "Oh, fuck... pardon my language. Yes, the Chief should know right away... I'll message him."
The message was quick, "JJ in basement likely pregnant. Re-assess risk as needed. Possibly confer with Ir; those kids are tough."

Crexia nodded approvingly as you wrote the message. You get a reply back from Joakim.
"Thank you for the heads up, I will have it checked out."
You can imagine the Chief swearing at his phone though, something Udella appernatly also can imagine for she said.
"Well I think your language is better than Chief Joakim's as he got that message Mr Wainwright."
The old Quesitor said sounding slightly amused.

He grimaced, "I had an idea, but the risk of collateral casualties is too high. If I'd understood more of fleshcrafting, perhaps... Well, not much to do with that now - not if there are incoming hostiles. Good thing we got the Aegis down, then - that would have made for a far more unpleasant fight than it will have to be..."

Crexia nodded at that.
"Hum...what are the chance we can set up an distraction allowing me and Udella to set up two kinetic walls to capture whoever is waiting for us between and then...well, they can be far easier dealt with."
She said and Udella seamed skeptical.
"If I was sending such a strike team I would send someone with them that was good at countermagick to prevent that scenario."
The Quesitor said and Crexia nodded.
"Yes good point...it is the werebears I am concerned about though...they are likely quicker than our magick unless we set some sort of trap."

He frowned and gave Adley a look, "Cotta's going to be livid when she sees us, you know... First we kill her significant other, then her Apprentice. Hopefully, that's going to put her off balance more than anything else..."

"Yes the Labyrinth keeper will not be a big fan of any of us, I fear she might be a dangerous woman, unbalanced or not...I will feel better once we have dealt with her..."
Crexia commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:24 am

"It depends on how you see free will Mr Wainwright, yes an Umbrood can decide their own action, they can agree or not agree to the deals offered and the higher the spirit the more human they will feel, but a water elemental can not just up and decide to live on land and protect a grove of trees, it is not possible for them to do so, it is not what they are, so they do not have free will in the same way you or I do."
Crexia explained.
Colin smiled, "A water elemental can no more decide to live on land and protect a grove of trees than I can go build a cabin at the bottom of the Marian Trench, hmm? Some things are perhaps less an expression of will and more an expression of... well, physical ability isn't the exact proper term for it, but I think you know what I mean."

"Yes well, just do not assume you will have the same luck every time Mr Wainwright...however it is a thing many mages forget...mundane tools."
Crexia said and frowned a little as you mentioned Anna.
"Hum...yes the child have few other hopes than you right now young man."
He nodded, "One more reason I need to come back from this one alive... Three important ladies in my life, all needing me back. Can't get much better motivation for self-preservation than that."

"Making it will should probably not be to hard however once we have cleared the place burning it with fire is probably more effective Mr Wainwright, the Labyrinth's fleshy parts is not the biggest issue we are facing either, nor the biggest danger, I am far more concerned with what moves around and casts spells than the walls."
Crexia said.
"Hum yes it sounds like your plan might be to risky, we should probably worry more about other incoming enemies first in either case, it will be plenty enough time to deal with the Labyrinth itself once we win."
He nodded, "If there were with certainty only hostiles in the Labyrinth, I'd try it in a heartbeat, though."

"Yes it was indeed, a young man who only gave his name as Tanner, Cotta's student. We got some information on him and sent him on...his way."
Udella said and frowned.
"I regret the widderslainte he will make but it is not practical to be burdened by a mage prisoner at this time. Poor boy, he could have been a fine young man if the Nephandi had not gotten their claws in him...he did have a final request though, a servant of his Marcus Dell, he wanted us to assure Mr Dell did not attract the eye of Abigail."
The Quesitor said and her eyes darkened.
"I have to admit the more I hear about this Abigail the less I like her..."
He nodded, "Yes, Abigail's going down - There's a seventy-years-old score to be settled on behalf of Madame Rose, for starters..."

Crexia nodded approvingly as you wrote the message. You get a reply back from Joakim.
"Thank you for the heads up, I will have it checked out."
You can imagine the Chief swearing at his phone though, something Udella appernatly also can imagine for she said.
"Well I think your language is better than Chief Joakim's as he got that message Mr Wainwright."
The old Quesitor said sounding slightly amused.
Colin smiled faintly, "Yes... But then, I'm only fluent in English and Latin - and there are a few senior Magi who dispute the latter - while the Chief has a vastly wider range of choice phrases to choose from..."

Crexia nodded at that.
"Hum...what are the chance we can set up an distraction allowing me and Udella to set up two kinetic walls to capture whoever is waiting for us between and then...well, they can be far easier dealt with."
"If I was sending such a strike team I would send someone with them that was good at countermagick to prevent that scenario."
The Quesitor said and Crexia nodded.
"Yes good point...it is the werebears I am concerned about though...they are likely quicker than our magick unless we set some sort of trap."
He frowned, "I... can prepare something; it'll be disgusting, using the dirty Quintessence, but I can prepare a humongous blast on a principle similar to the Ball of Abysmal Flame. I'd be stuck holding the bastard at the ready, though, until the hostiles show up."

"Yes the Labyrinth keeper will not be a big fan of any of us, I fear she might be a dangerous woman, unbalanced or not...I will feel better once we have dealt with her..."
Crexia commented.
He nodded, "The world will be a better place without Warden and Cotta; by reputation, a pair of far too gilgul-happy monsters in human guise..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:52 am

Colin smiled, "A water elemental can no more decide to live on land and protect a grove of trees than I can go build a cabin at the bottom of the Marian Trench, hmm? Some things are perhaps less an expression of will and more an expression of... well, physical ability isn't the exact proper term for it, but I think you know what I mean."

"Let me try to take another example to explain it better. A guardian spirit who are a guardian, can not suddenly decide to go and kidnap someone, that is not what they are, my messenger imp can not become a spirit of light, it would be as if you where a pilot and that is all you where and could ever be, you where a perfect pilot but you could never decide to be anything else, that is all you where...that is what Umbroods are, they will never grow or become more than they are, but what they are, they are perfectly."
Crexia said to try to explain again.

He nodded, "One more reason I need to come back from this one alive... Three important ladies in my life, all needing me back. Can't get much better motivation for self-preservation than that."

"Indeed there are few better reasons to stay alive."
The Tytalus archmage said and grinned.
"Come to think of it my students and Swan would probably be rather pissed as well if I should perish, however I have lived for a very long time, so should I die...the loss would be less than if it was one of the younger member of our group."
She muttered and looked out into the Umbra with an unreadable look in her eyes.

He nodded, "If there were with certainty only hostiles in the Labyrinth, I'd try it in a heartbeat, though."

"Yes but our own men and women are in there, or trying to get in there so we can not put them at greater risk."
Crexia warned.

He nodded, "Yes, Abigail's going down - There's a seventy-years-old score to be settled on behalf of Madame Rose, for starters..."

"Yes...and she will not be leaving behind a widderslaite either...Abigail we take alive."
Udella muttered.
"That Nephandus...Mr Tanner asked us to..."
She stopped talking then looked at your scars for a moment.
"Make sure his servant was no longer...pretty so Abigail would not go after him...even her own Nephandi are afraid of her and want to protect their own from her."
The Quesitor said and frowned.

Colin smiled faintly, "Yes... But then, I'm only fluent in English and Latin - and there are a few senior Magi who dispute the latter - while the Chief has a vastly wider range of choice phrases to choose from..."

"Ah yes...so he do but it is never hard to understand what it is he want to express, regardless of language used."
Udella said with a small smile.
"Oh and do not worry about it, the older magi when I was young claimed us younger students' Latin was never good enough either...I think that is a constant young man."

He frowned, "I... can prepare something; it'll be disgusting, using the dirty Quintessence, but I can prepare a humongous blast on a principle similar to the Ball of Abysmal Flame. I'd be stuck holding the bastard at the ready, though, until the hostiles show up."

"You are thinking about igniting some of the corrupted Quintessence?"
Crexia asked.

He nodded, "The world will be a better place without Warden and Cotta; by reputation, a pair of far too gilgul-happy monsters in human guise..."

"I do not like the idea of someone being Gilgul-happy Mr Wainwright..."
Cara muttered and shuddered.
"No and likely if they truly are...fond of that ritual that have added to their twisted nature...rending a soul...leave scars in the render as well..."
Udella muttered softly and looked down.
"Yes we will take Cotta down, alive if possible but down she will go."
Crexia promised.

(OOC: Not a BoBF no, Colin can drain something of Quintessence without channeling it though his own Avatar, he can not do spells he do not have the knowledge to do or their equiliant...unless you mean just detonating one of the tanks...for yes that will go very, very boom.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:25 pm

"Let me try to take another example to explain it better. A guardian spirit who are a guardian, can not suddenly decide to go and kidnap someone, that is not what they are, my messenger imp can not become a spirit of light, it would be as if you where a pilot and that is all you where and could ever be, you where a perfect pilot but you could never decide to be anything else, that is all you where...that is what Umbroods are, they will never grow or become more than they are, but what they are, they are perfectly."
Crexia said to try to explain again.
Colin grinned, "Of course, I was teasing. But yes, discerning the spirit's nature would probably go a long way in determining the best approach to negotiate."

"Indeed there are few better reasons to stay alive."
The Tytalus archmage said and grinned.
"Come to think of it my students and Swan would probably be rather pissed as well if I should perish, however I have lived for a very long time, so should I die...the loss would be less than if it was one of the younger member of our group."
She muttered and looked out into the Umbra with an unreadable look in her eyes.
He shook his head, "Age doesn't really enter into it, does it; you've got people waiting for you to come home - and your breadth and depth of experience would be a harsh loss for the Traditions, as well."

"Yes...and she will not be leaving behind a widderslaite either...Abigail we take alive."
Udella muttered.
"That Nephandus...Mr Tanner asked us to..."
She stopped talking then looked at your scars for a moment.
"Make sure his servant was no longer...pretty so Abigail would not go after him...even her own Nephandi are afraid of her and want to protect their own from her."
The Quesitor said and frowned.
A brief dark shadow flickered over Colin's face, "Unlike miss Carlyle, I'll have no moral or ethical objections to dragging Abigail back to the land of the approximately living, should she fall in the crossfire... I hope it won't come to that, of course, but for her, I won't hesitate."
He shook his head, clearing the dark moment away, "As for the servant, I gather his fate is as bleak as most of the denizens in any case?"

"Ah yes...so he do but it is never hard to understand what it is he want to express, regardless of language used."
Udella said with a small smile.
"Oh and do not worry about it, the older magi when I was young claimed us younger students' Latin was never good enough either...I think that is a constant young man."
He chuckled, "The youth of this generation is spoiled and unruly, complained Plato some 2500 years ago... Indeed, there are some inescapable social constants, it seems."

"You are thinking about igniting some of the corrupted Quintessence?"
Crexia asked.
He nodded, "I think I can power up a pretty hefty prime bolt which should be too quickly unleashed for most counterspellers to react to. At worst, I expect the rest of you should be able to follow up with your own attacks while the countermage is busy."

"I do not like the idea of someone being Gilgul-happy Mr Wainwright..."
Cara muttered and shuddered.
"No and likely if they truly are...fond of that ritual that have added to their twisted nature...rending a soul...leave scars in the render as well..."
Udella muttered softly and looked down.
"Yes we will take Cotta down, alive if possible but down she will go."
Crexia promised.
He nodded, "Warden tried and died... I'd rather avoid giving Cotta the same chance, though."

((OOC: No, not a Ball of Abysmal Flame at all. I was thinking a prime bolt charged up with extra Quintessence from one of the tanks - a big-ass gout of primal flame blazing down the passage on release. Not explosive, just a big, one-shot beam of aggravated damage. ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:52 pm

Colin grinned, "Of course, I was teasing. But yes, discerning the spirit's nature would probably go a long way in determining the best approach to negotiate."

"Very much so Mr Wainwright, a earth elemental for example might see a cup full of good dirt given in offering as a more valuable than something you and me might see as expensive and fine, and determining their nature helps to get a grasp of their motivations. Basically Ubroods are personifications, they are a concept or thing given a personality and emotions, a fire elemental is fire, fire given a mind."
Crexia said and nodded.

He shook his head, "Age doesn't really enter into it, does it; you've got people waiting for you to come home - and your breadth and depth of experience would be a harsh loss for the Traditions, as well."

"Yes it would."
The archmage said, she felt no need to waste breath on false modesty.
"And I do have loved ones, so do we all and trust me I do not want to die, but if any of us should get killed, perhaps it would be better if those who have lived less get a chance, besides I regenerate...from most injuries...eventually."

A brief dark shadow flickered over Colin's face, "Unlike miss Carlyle, I'll have no moral or ethical objections to dragging Abigail back to the land of the approximately living, should she fall in the crossfire... I hope it won't come to that, of course, but for her, I won't hesitate."

Udella looked a bit confused over what you where talking about but Crexia simply nodded, a dark look in her eyes.
"A cruel fate but yes, if it comes down to it, Abigail's Avatar can not be allowed to escape to begin this all again when she is reborn."
She said firmly.

e shook his head, clearing the dark moment away, "As for the servant, I gather his fate is as bleak as most of the denizens in any case?"

"My intention is to purge this Labyrinth Mr Wainwright and yes that also means killing the pawns and other allies of the Nephandi, however I am less concerned with the servants than with the Nephandi themselves, and if any of them, this Mr Dell was it? Or any other of them decide not to fight but try to run, I am not going to spend the resources to hunt them down, a couple of diabolists can do little to start this Labyrinth back up, however if Mr Dell stand against us he dies."
The old Tytalus said firmly and nodded.

He chuckled, "The youth of this generation is spoiled and unruly, complained Plato some 2500 years ago... Indeed, there are some inescapable social constants, it seems."

"Yes indeed, just like everything is better in one's own youth and other social myths. For me being what I am I have to admit a certain...difficulty in adjusting to changes so I can see where that attitude comes from, however I take a hike up to a Node that are to Dynamic for safe use to balance myself every few years and Swan keep me modern, that and I have the habit of learning something new each year, taking a class or well watching tutorials on youtube...anything so I do not stagnate."
Crexia said and there was something in her eyes that said this was a concern for her, though she quickly suppressed that and gave you a smile.

He nodded, "I think I can power up a pretty hefty prime bolt which should be too quickly unleashed for most counterspellers to react to. At worst, I expect the rest of you should be able to follow up with your own attacks while the countermage is busy."

"Hum...that is actually quite brilliant, if their counterspeller can do something about the Prime bolt then they will be to busy dealing with our Auram wall and if they go after the wall they get a Prime bolt to the face...in either case a win for us...good, please to proceed to create the bold Mr Wainwright and hold it ready for when we enter the Labyrinth itself."
Crexia said and nodded approvingly.

He nodded, "Warden tried and died... I'd rather avoid giving Cotta the same chance, though."

"Yes we will try to keep any revenge seeking Nephandi off your Avatar Mr Wainwright, and make sure this Cotta can not harm anyone again."
Udella said with a determined look in her eye.

(OOC: Well that should work, and using that much Quint it can get quite powerful, that will work quite well indeed.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:49 pm

"Yes that would be correct...well I guess someone else could do the same, but it would be far harder for they would not know the exact path to take to the Labyrinth and the Aegis would stop those who are not welcome, but yes having a link to the place makes it allot easier to find the right path."

Somehow, he thought a miss would mean far worse than landing in Worcester, with the backend of his clothing stuck to a roof. "Very well then. What are the other regio crossovers into your Labyrinth?"

It could have, at times if the host dies to quickly a confused Avatar might remain for a while and might tag along those who are close by as the mage dies." Udella said

He nodded at that, giving her a knowing look. One had already followed them home, they didn't want to deal with another. He didn't seem to be inclined to wonder out loud about why the avatar had seemed interested in him. Perhaps his parting words had an impact. For the widderslainte that would be born, he hoped that would be the case.

"But it left peacefully, thankfully a confused Avatar can be hard to deal with, we get them at times after executions, since many of them are so quick...there have been more of them the last 40 or 45 years or so, as if something that used to guide the lost souls out of the Main Sentencing Hall is no gone...well no matter for now I guess, Mr Tanner's Avatar is on it's way to the Well of Souls as it should."

"Hm..."

"Hum...well the good news is that if they are fighting off an attack on two fronts there is a chance they have not discovered our second group, if the Jade Demon have kept his words, that line up are not good news though, do you know anything about how many of them might be waiting for us as we enter the labyrinth?"

"Ma'am, the man said two werebears, several umbrood mostly entropic, and a good portion of those forty pawns including some of the linear ones were sent to protect the main entry, which is this one, about five minutes before we caught him. I would assume when they felt the wards being tampered with or Jenkin's child manifest. There may be some mages in there, I would not be surprised."

"Tanner said she had four children total, and that her patron had visited her recently." He frowned. "So there may be two children left, if we destroyed two, or possibly three. And possibly another...incubating." Calling her pregnant was somewhat a difficult thing to think about, but he supposed it was close enough.

He seemed about to say something then stopped. He knew there was something up with that woman, even if he couldn't put his finger on it. If she were pregnant, that might explain it.

"That is a bit odd, probably not related but there was this youtube video that showed a group of great white sharks swimming with a Greenland's shark, and no they generally do not go together, near Boston, there should not be great white there as the water is to cold and not a Greenland shark either as the water it to warm, most say it is a fake though so I don't know, and like I said probably not related." Rosario said and shrugged. "I just thought I would mention it."

"It very well might be, it's an ocean elemental that keeps talking about its 'charge' it as to train, another werecreature that the Labyrinth wants to get a hold of for some reason." He looked over at Colin. "It's disobedient and hangs out near the east hallway, where there is a mirror that Tanner used as a focus for himself, a shortcut into the Umbra."

The Quesitor said and her eyes darkened. "I have to admit the more I hear about this Abigail the less I like her...

"Oh, me too. Me too."

"Lovely." Crexia commented wryly. "Well your Cabalmate might have a plan for those organic walls..." She added

"Oh?" he looked over at Colin.

"There are, but we need a way to get rid of them," he said with a frown.

"If I was sending such a strike team I would send someone with them that was good at countermagick to prevent that scenario." The Quesitor said and Crexia nodded.

"Well, perhaps someone else could assist you to hang the spell, or trigger it from afar?" he asked. He didn't seem to like having Colin have to be too close to that to pull the trigger on it.

"You are thinking about igniting some of the corrupted Quintessence?"Crexia asked.

"They may already be at there, what does the map say about all this?" he asked and had a look at his phone. "The counterspellers would be ready for an onslaught, but they might not be thinking about us attacking their surrounding area instead of directly attacking them with spells."

"Hum...that is actually quite brilliant, if their counterspeller can do something about the Prime bolt then they will be to busy dealing with our Auram wall and if they go after the wall they get a Prime bolt to the face...in either case a win for us...good, please to proceed to create the bold Mr Wainwright and hold it ready for when we enter the Labyrinth itself."

"Good, my shields are a bit screwed though I don't think they could take too much of a beating. I can try to bolster them while you do that, help keep us all covered or work with you on the Auram wall," he offered. "Or something else."

"The Nephandus we caught was the apprentice of this Cotta..."

"Yes, and he wouldn't answer about her. I suspect she is either guarding the caul or involved in some other defense."

// pretty sure they wouldn't be expecting them to throw a dirty Quint bomb of that size into the hole
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:33 pm

Somehow, he thought a miss would mean far worse than landing in Worcester, with the backend of his clothing stuck to a roof. "Very well then. What are the other regio crossovers into your Labyrinth?"

"If you are talking about the portals there is one behind a maintenance shed in the corridor your group are in, but I suspect you know about that, and..."
The young man hesitated.
"A tunnel into the Caul chamber that the pawns that tend to it use...those are the portals in, any other entrance means doing the work yourself and stepping through the Umbra and into the realm."
Tanner said and looked down uneasy about the information he was giving up.

He nodded at that, giving her a knowing look. One had already followed them home, they didn't want to deal with another. He didn't seem to be inclined to wonder out loud about why the avatar had seemed interested in him. Perhaps his parting words had an impact. For the widderslainte that would be born, he hoped that would be the case.

Udella did not say more about the topic, she just looked at you for a moment and nodded.

"Ma'am, the man said two werebears, several umbrood mostly entropic, and a good portion of those forty pawns including some of the linear ones were sent to protect the main entry, which is this one, about five minutes before we caught him. I would assume when they felt the wards being tampered with or Jenkin's child manifest. There may be some mages in there, I would not be surprised."

"That is not good."
Crexia said and frowned.
"Yes...there probably are some magi in there since they have not come out here to face us in the physical world, if it was just the shapechangers and the pawns then they would have a massive advantage over us here...no there have to be some reason they are holding back and letting us come to them, that they what to keep their masters free from Paradox might be one such reason."
The archmage continued.
"Well...they will have to be dealt with but...that is quite a force to be reckoned with."

"Tanner said she had four children total, and that her patron had visited her recently." He frowned. "So there may be two children left, if we destroyed two, or possibly three. And possibly another...incubating." Calling her pregnant was somewhat a difficult thing to think about, but he supposed it was close enough.

Several of the gathered magi gave a bit of a grimace at the idea of Miss Jerkins' patron...visiting her.
"Well considering we...lost one of our own fighting off one of those thing, dealing with two...possibly three more is not desirable."
Crexia said and glanced over at Udella who looked away sadly, the Tytalus sigh and continue.
"Well in either case we also now have to worry about Miss Jerkins...birthing another one at Morningstar or...if they come from an egg or a gathering of energy, which might be the case, that means we might have another one to deal with here in the Labyrinth."
The archmage added with a deepening frown.

"It very well might be, it's an ocean elemental that keeps talking about its 'charge' it as to train, another werecreature that the Labyrinth wants to get a hold of for some reason." He looked over at Colin. "It's disobedient and hangs out near the east hallway, where there is a mirror that Tanner used as a focus for himself, a shortcut into the Umbra."

"If it is disobedient perhaps we can talk it into helping us?"
Cara suggested.
"Perhaps they what the elemental's charge to use that werecreature to take better control over it, I mean it do seam to be a favorite hobby of the Nephandi, getting others to serve them by threatening their loved ones, I would not put it past them."
Loretta chimed in and she did not look happy at the thought.
"I guess we can not find out anything about said werecreature at the moment though so that might be something we have to look into later."
The Cultist added.

"Oh, me too. Me too."

Udella looked at you and nodded a grim look in her eyes.

"Well, perhaps someone else could assist you to hang the spell, or trigger it from afar?" he asked. He didn't seem to like having Colin have to be too close to that to pull the trigger on it.

"I can help with hanging the spell if Mr Wainwright can work with me and my Paradigm."
Loretta said.
"I can take care of triggering a finished rote from afar."
James said.
"That should not be a huge problem, but I do not think we have allot of time to get fancy, our new ehm...friends in there will probably get tired of waiting for us sooner or later."

"They may already be at there, what does the map say about all this?" he asked and had a look at his phone. "The counterspellers would be ready for an onslaught, but they might not be thinking about us attacking their surrounding area instead of directly attacking them with spells."

There where a corridor of about 7 meters just as one entered the Labyrinth realm, it ended in three doors, one that would lead to another corridor to get to the living quarters, one that led deeper into the labyrinth and a small storage room on the right hand side.
"I suspect they are already here waiting for us, the question is why have they not attacked us yes as Lady Crexia said."
Leon muttered nervously.
"What are they waiting for?"
Crexia nodded.
"I suspect they will assume we will go in hot trying to take down their magi and shapechangers as soon as possible...a more generalized effect might indeed prove to be a surprise."
She agreed as she glanced over at you.

"Good, my shields are a bit screwed though I don't think they could take too much of a beating. I can try to bolster them while you do that, help keep us all covered or work with you on the Auram wall," he offered. "Or something else."

"Work on your shields Sodalis, the Auram wall do not need enormous strength it just need to hold them in, and I need you alive, you do not have to long to work though."
Crexia said.
"I will keep and eye out while you work Sodalis."
Leon offered and Rosario nodded.
"Yeah me to."

"Yes, and he wouldn't answer about her. I suspect she is either guarding the caul or involved in some other defense."

"Hum...well we are going to have to find her. I guess it is no surprise her own student would not give her up."
Crexia said.
"Well we should get to work ladies and gentlemen, we do not have allot of time to waste."

(OOC: No they would not expect that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:40 pm

"Very much so Mr Wainwright, a earth elemental for example might see a cup full of good dirt given in offering as a more valuable than something you and me might see as expensive and fine, and determining their nature helps to get a grasp of their motivations. Basically Ubroods are personifications, they are a concept or thing given a personality and emotions, a fire elemental is fire, fire given a mind."
Crexia said and nodded.
Colin smiled, "So bring some general oddities and trinkets, including candles, water and topsoil for bartering, just in case."

"Yes it would."
The archmage said, she felt no need to waste breath on false modesty.
"And I do have loved ones, so do we all and trust me I do not want to die, but if any of us should get killed, perhaps it would be better if those who have lived less get a chance, besides I regenerate...from most injuries...eventually."
He nodded, "Such durability is certainly an advantage."

"My intention is to purge this Labyrinth Mr Wainwright and yes that also means killing the pawns and other allies of the Nephandi, however I am less concerned with the servants than with the Nephandi themselves, and if any of them, this Mr Dell was it? Or any other of them decide not to fight but try to run, I am not going to spend the resources to hunt them down, a couple of diabolists can do little to start this Labyrinth back up, however if Mr Dell stand against us he dies."
The old Tytalus said firmly and nodded.
He frowned, "That's fair, however, if he's an Infernalist, I suppose we should make at least a token effort."

"Yes indeed, just like everything is better in one's own youth and other social myths. For me being what I am I have to admit a certain...difficulty in adjusting to changes so I can see where that attitude comes from, however I take a hike up to a Node that are to Dynamic for safe use to balance myself every few years and Swan keep me modern, that and I have the habit of learning something new each year, taking a class or well watching tutorials on youtube...anything so I do not stagnate."
Crexia said and there was something in her eyes that said this was a concern for her, though she quickly suppressed that and gave you a smile.
He nodded, then smiled roguishly, "A healthy attitude, immortal or not. Well, if in perhaps a few years you might be interested in learning silverwork from an experienced silversmith, you know where to find me."

He frowned, "Well, I hope our resident specialist at home evacuated his house as I told him to - if not, there'll be trouble."

He nodded, "Why, thank you... You all might wish to not look too closely at me for that, then - I'll be opening a tank again."

"I can help with hanging the spell if Mr Wainwright can work with me and my Paradigm."
Loretta said.
"I can take care of triggering a finished rote from afar."
James said.
"That should not be a huge problem, but I do not think we have allot of time to get fancy, our new ehm...friends in there will probably get tired of waiting for us sooner or later."
He grinned, "Actually, I was planning on charging it up until release, if possible. I appreciate the offers, but I don't think we'll want to add the extra complications in this case."

"Yes we will try to keep any revenge seeking Nephandi off your Avatar Mr Wainwright, and make sure this Cotta can not harm anyone again."
Udella said with a determined look in her eye.
He grimaced, "Yes, it rather hurt enough for a few lifetimes the last time; I'd prefer to avoid a repeat, even if waking up in Lady Crexia's company was pleasant enough."

Colin carefully reached up and opened the valve on the fullest tank, beginning to charge up a bolt from the murky depths of magic itself, the Elsewhere in the circle on his ring containing the beam-in-potentia on a hair trigger... "Gladius magnus ex malomagia."

((OOC: So, basically, a humongous prime bolt and funneling the extra Quintessence to power that sucker up... Arete rolls - don't know how many there'll be time for, so I'll just list'em all, and you decide where the cutoff goes, unless the spell can just keep draining the tank on its own after it's prepared... 2,8,9 - 6,8,0 - 1,0,0 - and that should make six successes, and the rest is just powering up the shot.))

((OOC2: I can kind of imagine the poor guy coming to inform Abigail, "Someone just took down the Aegis. Judging by the raw amount of Quintessence poured in, it looks like an Aswadim. How did we piss off an Aswadim?" Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:03 am

"If you are talking about the portals there is one behind a maintenance shed in the corridor your group are in, but I suspect you know about that, and..."The young man hesitated."A tunnel into the Caul chamber that the pawns that tend to it use...those are the portals in, any other entrance means doing the work yourself and stepping through the Umbra and into the realm."

He gave him a nod at that. "You said that the portal near the shed takes you nearest the entry hall? And that is where the defenders were sent to meet us?" Then he asked, "The tunnel for the caul chamber, what is the correct method to access the way to it to avoid the traps?"

"...no there have to be some reason they are holding back and letting us come to them, that they what to keep their masters free from Paradox might be one such reason." The archmage continued. "Well...they will have to be dealt with but...that is quite a force to be reckoned with."

"Tanner said they are also sending out groups of mages into the Middle Umbra to deal with the groups attacking the Labyrinth on two fronts - one of those fronts is the Jade Demon, the other is us, is it not? If so, then they could be trying for a pincher attack.  Letting us expend ourselves to get in, then attacked from within and they run in to close off any retreat," he suggested with a scowl. "They probably littered that entry way with traps and defenses to slow us down."

"Well considering we...lost one of our own fighting off one of those thing, dealing with two...possibly three more is not desirable." Crexia said..

"Agreed."

"Well in either case we also now have to worry about Miss Jerkins...birthing another one at Morningstar or...if they come from an egg or a gathering of energy, which might be the case, that means we might have another one to deal with here in the Labyrinth."

"Not good," he said.

"If it is disobedient perhaps we can talk it into helping us?" Cara suggested.

"Yes, perhaps if we see it and have time to explain," he agreed. "We'll need to get through this first, though perhaps."

"Perhaps they what the elemental's charge to use that werecreature to take better control over it, I mean it do seam to be a favorite hobby of the Nephandi, getting others to serve them by threatening their loved ones, I would not put it past them." Loretta chimed in and she did not look happy at the thought.

"Very true."

(Colin) frowned, "Well, I hope our resident specialist at home evacuated his house as I told him to - if not, there'll be trouble."

He frowned at that and said, "Well, perhaps we can speak to this elemental." They didn't need any more trouble.

"I guess we can not find out anything about said werecreature at the moment though so that might be something we have to look into later."

"I can help with hanging the spell if Mr Wainwright can work with me and my Paradigm."Loretta said."I can take care of triggering a finished rote from afar." James said. "That should not be a huge problem, but I do not think we have allot of time to get fancy, our new ehm...friends in there will probably get tired of waiting for us sooner or later."
He grinned, "Actually, I was planning on charging it up until release, if possible. I appreciate the offers, but I don't think we'll want to add the extra complications in this case."

He nodded at that. "Good luck. Let us know if we need to move."

There where a corridor of about 7 meters just as one entered the Labyrinth realm, it ended in three doors, one that would lead to another corridor to get to the living quarters, one that led deeper into the labyrinth and a small storage room on the right hand side.
"I suspect they are already here waiting for us, the question is why have they not attacked us yes as Lady Crexia said."
Leon muttered nervously. "What are they waiting for?"

"Us," he replied, reviewing the map. "The corridor on the other side of hte portal is 7 meters ending with three doors, one going to living quarter, one deeper inside and then there is a storage room on the right," he said with a frown.

"Work on your shields Sodalis, the Auram wall do not need enormous strength it just need to hold them in, and I need you alive, you do not have to long to work though."

"Yes ma'am. Someone should keep an eye on the umbra again if they're able," he said, and began preparing to bolster his rote back up again, though he was going to have to keep an eye out to see when they needed to move again out of the way.

// Well, how did they piss off an Aswadim? Ask Lisa Larson >.< Seems to be part and parcel of her plan, from the get-go.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:51 am

Colin smiled, "So bring some general oddities and trinkets, including candles, water and topsoil for bartering, just in case."

"Well some spirits wants far more exotic things, that is the thing, they are alien to us, it is there the difficulty in dealing with the lies, though that being said it is also very rewarding to deal with them and get to know them."
Crexia commented.

He nodded, "Such durability is certainly an advantage."

"Well there is a reason why I went through the hassle to become what I am."
Crexia commented then she sigh and looked uncertain for a moment.
"Though I am still not sure if it was worth it."
She added softly.

He frowned, "That's fair, however, if he's an Infernalist, I suppose we should make at least a token effort."

"You will find no innocents in this Labyrinth Mr Wainwright, other than perhaps in the dungeons, so yes, we kill what pawns we can but they are not a priority and that includes this Mr Dell."

He nodded, then smiled roguishly, "A healthy attitude, immortal or not. Well, if in perhaps a few years you might be interested in learning silverwork from an experienced silversmith, you know where to find me."

Crexia gave you a friendly smile.
"I will remember that offer Mr Wainwright...perhaps so...perhaps so indeed. I will keep it in mind."

He nodded, "Why, thank you... You all might wish to not look too closely at me for that, then - I'll be opening a tank again."

"Oh wonderful."
Leon muttered and he and several of the other magi looked disgusted at the prospect of that Quintessence.

Loretta just nodded at that.
"Fair enough just be careful not to become a target before you can release your rote then."
She said and James glanced over at you and nodded.

He grimaced, "Yes, it rather hurt enough for a few lifetimes the last time; I'd prefer to avoid a repeat, even if waking up in Lady Crexia's company was pleasant enough."

Crexia gave you a warm smile. James and his brother gave you shocked looks and Udella raised an eyebrow.
"If you where attacked badly enough to be harmed and you are functioning normally afterwards Mr Wainwright you are certainly made of durable stuff, a Branding victim for example are often bed ridden for days and feel considerable pain when trying to work magick for weeks, sometimes months afterwards."
The old Quesitor said.

Colin carefully reached up and opened the valve on the fullest tank, beginning to charge up a bolt from the murky depths of magic itself, the Elsewhere in the circle on his ring containing the beam-in-potentia on a hair trigger... "Gladius magnus ex malomagia."

You begin to work on the spell and it do seam to respond well, several of the others make sounds of disgust as you work with the corrupted Quintessence and the air around you feel...disgusting.

He gave him a nod at that. "You said that the portal near the shed takes you nearest the entry hall? And that is where the defenders were sent to meet us?" Then he asked, "The tunnel for the caul chamber, what is the correct method to access the way to it to avoid the traps?"

"Yeah that is where one party of defenders like I said where sent to meet your group, hopefully you will be stopped there."
Tanner grumbled.
"The tunnel is enchanted to know residents from others and will activate the traps if others try to enter it."
He replied to the second question.

"Tanner said they are also sending out groups of mages into the Middle Umbra to deal with the groups attacking the Labyrinth on two fronts - one of those fronts is the Jade Demon, the other is us, is it not?

"Yes that sounds likely, the main bulk of our forces are attacking from the Middle Umbra."
Crexia said and nodded.
"And I doubt the Jade Demon and his Household would risk a magickal conflict in physical reality, Paradox are not kind to the Fallen.

If so, then they could be trying for a pincher attack. Letting us expend ourselves to get in, then attacked from within and they run in to close off any retreat," he suggested with a scowl. "They probably littered that entry way with traps and defenses to slow us down."

The old Tytalus frowned.
"You may be right Sodalis, we have little choice but to press forward though, but we have to expect to be attacked once we get in, and be prepared for them to try to cut us of from escape...I do not like it, and add to that they know the layout of the Labyrinth and we only have a child's map..."
The old Hermetic muttered.

"Not good," he said.

"No not good at all..."
Crexia muttered.

"Yes, perhaps if we see it and have time to explain," he agreed. "We'll need to get through this first, though perhaps."

"Yeah we do..."
Cara said and she looked towards the maintenance shed with concern in her eyes.

He frowned at that and said, "Well, perhaps we can speak to this elemental." They didn't need any more trouble.

"If we could convince it not to harm us but go after it's captors instead that would be a boon."
Loretta said.

Crexia just nodded to that, she and Udella begun to chat together, using a series of precise hand gesturesas they worked on the Auram wall, slowly building it from their will alone.

"Us," he replied, reviewing the map. "The corridor on the other side of hte portal is 7 meters ending with three doors, one going to living quarter, one deeper inside and then there is a storage room on the right," he said with a frown.

"Yes they are waiting for us, and seven meters that is plenty of room to set up whatever attack they desire not to mention traps...also this storage room, we should not forget it, such a place would be a good place for someone intended to spring said trap on us to hide."
James muttered and sigh.
"This is not going to be easy..."

"Yes ma'am. Someone should keep an eye on the umbra again if they're able," he said

"I will take care of it Sodalis."
James offered he worked with the modern hand gestures and glanced out into the Umbra.
"It seams clear...for now."

and began preparing to bolster his rote back up again, though he was going to have to keep an eye out to see when they needed to move again out of the way.

You seam to be able to get a few moments to work your rote but not many.

(OOC: Not to piss of an Aswadim is part of the reason why the Jade Demon is not happy about Lisa Larson's plan, he is not attacking his fellow Nephandi to be a nice guy.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:33 pm

"Well some spirits wants far more exotic things, that is the thing, they are alien to us, it is there the difficulty in dealing with the lies, though that being said it is also very rewarding to deal with them and get to know them."
Crexia commented.
Colin nodded, "Having met the Chief's Brothers Knight, I'll gladly believe that. Fine chaps, though a little bit alien, as you said. Still, in an oddly fundamental way, they're people, too."

"Well there is a reason why I went through the hassle to become what I am."
Crexia commented then she sigh and looked uncertain for a moment.
"Though I am still not sure if it was worth it."
She added softly.
He shrugged, answering as softly, "It's hardly my place to judge - and the calculation is hardly clear-cut, is it? Still, it seems to me you've kept growing, loving and learning over the centuries you've had since then, and that's certainly something that goes in the benefits column. But then, I guess I can't quite fathom what the cost was..."

"You will find no innocents in this Labyrinth Mr Wainwright, other than perhaps in the dungeons, so yes, we kill what pawns we can but they are not a priority and that includes this Mr Dell."
He nodded, "I was more concerned with, ah, Investments than guilt or philosophy, really, but yes."

Crexia gave you a friendly smile.
"I will remember that offer Mr Wainwright...perhaps so...perhaps so indeed. I will keep it in mind."
He chuckled, "That would certainly be something to tell tales about - a modest Orphan taking on a Hermetic Archmage as apprentice..."

"Oh wonderful."
Leon muttered and he and several of the other magi looked disgusted at the prospect of that Quintessence.
He grimaced, "You're telling me. I just might opt for taking a vacation in the shower after this..."

He grimaced, "Yes, I suppose none of you would want to stand in the path, or even the wake of that bolt."

Loretta just nodded at that.
"Fair enough just be careful not to become a target before you can release your rote then."
She said and James glanced over at you and nodded.
"That would indeed be preferable..."

Crexia gave you a warm smile. James and his brother gave you shocked looks and Udella raised an eyebrow.
"If you where attacked badly enough to be harmed and you are functioning normally afterwards Mr Wainwright you are certainly made of durable stuff, a Branding victim for example are often bed ridden for days and feel considerable pain when trying to work magick for weeks, sometimes months afterwards."
The old Quesitor said.
He nodded thoughtfully, "By queerest fortune, the spell hit, but it didn't inflict any damage. It still hurt, and I was unconscious for a couple of days... and I'll admit, my Avatar itches all over, but for the love of God, don't ask me how she's doing - that irritates her more. And to top it off, I didn't even get the t-shirt."

You begin to work on the spell and it do seam to respond well, several of the others make sounds of disgust as you work with the corrupted Quintessence and the air around you feel...disgusting.
He crouched down, reducing his target profile, as he aimed down the corridor, continuing the chant, focusing exclusively on the path ahead.

((OOC: Really? And here I thought the Jade Demon seemed a decent enough fellow, for a Nephandus. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:08 pm

Colin nodded, "Having met the Chief's Brothers Knight, I'll gladly believe that. Fine chaps, though a little bit alien, as you said. Still, in an oddly fundamental way, they're people, too."

"They are people, they do have thoughts and emotions and hopes, but they are alien and they are what they are and nothing else."
Crexia said and nodded in agreement.

He shrugged, answering as softly, "It's hardly my place to judge - and the calculation is hardly clear-cut, is it? Still, it seems to me you've kept growing, loving and learning over the centuries you've had since then, and that's certainly something that goes in the benefits column. But then, I guess I can't quite fathom what the cost was..."

"The cost was...high..."
Crexia said and sigh.
"I fight to...not just become a doll who repeat the same actions for an eternity as unmoving and static as any spirit, and hopefully I can continue to do that...there is another lich at Morningstar and sometimes I wonder if he is a vision of what I am becoming..."
She muttered then she shook her head and smiled.
"Well no matter, it is nothing to dwell on before we go into battle and we need our minds on our tasks."

He nodded, "I was more concerned with, ah, Investments than guilt or philosophy, really, but yes."

"I have little love for infernalists or those who would give up their souls, free will or other things that make them human for a bit of power, but they do not tend to be powerful enough to be a problem, so if they get in our way of course any enemy with a weapon is a fair target and if you want to gun down every infernalist you see I am not going to stop you, but they are not a priority, the mages are a priority and the Labyrinth itself, their spirits and allies like the werebears, and off course the Caul but if an infernalist should manage to run away, that matter little in the long run."
Crexia said and shrugged.

He chuckled, "That would certainly be something to tell tales about - a modest Orphan taking on a Hermetic Archmage as apprentice..."

The old Tytalus gave an amused grin.
"Ah yes...it certainly would shock a few dusty old Master that is for sure and I like that."
She said.
"Hum...yes indeed I like the idea of that very much."

He grimaced, "You're telling me. I just might opt for taking a vacation in the shower after this..."

"Yeah the water bill at Morningstar will be quite high this month I think."
Leon grumbled as he cast the Quintessence tanks a hairy eyeball.
"Very high indeed."

He grimaced, "Yes, I suppose none of you would want to stand in the path, or even the wake of that bolt."

"No let us try to avoid that."
James said with a wry smile.

"That would indeed be preferable..."

Loretta smiles a bit at that.
"I can try to slow things down a little bit...for the rest of the surroundings, when we are ready to move so it will be easier to aim and then get out of the way before any retaliation get our way."
The Cultist offered.

He nodded thoughtfully, "By queerest fortune, the spell hit, but it didn't inflict any damage. It still hurt, and I was unconscious for a couple of days... and I'll admit, my Avatar itches all over, but for the love of God, don't ask me how she's doing - that irritates her more.

"Ah...she have a bit of a...personality do her do she."
Udella said with a smile but she did look at you with knowing eyes.
"I am glad you both got away with the fright Mr Wainwright."
She said then she muttered something for herself as she regarded you for a moment more before looking away.

And to top it off, I didn't even get the t-shirt."

"The I survived a Gilgul attempt tshirt? That would be a rather exclusive garment, usually when that...ritual is attempted...it is completed one do not try something like that unless one really mean it."
The old Quesitor muttered and she gave you a slight smile.

He crouched down, reducing his target profile, as he aimed down the corridor, continuing the chant, focusing exclusively on the path ahead.

"Ladies and gentlemen are you prepared and ready?"
Crexia asked as she begun to move towards the maintenance shed.
"We should get going..."

(OOC: He is an absolute doll for being a Nephandus. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:57 pm

"The cost was...high..."
Crexia said and sigh.
"I fight to...not just become a doll who repeat the same actions for an eternity as unmoving and static as any spirit, and hopefully I can continue to do that...there is another lich at Morningstar and sometimes I wonder if he is a vision of what I am becoming..."
She muttered then she shook her head and smiled.
"Well no matter, it is nothing to dwell on before we go into battle and we need our minds on our tasks."
Colin shrugged, "That danger, I think, applies to anyone as the years drag on. For someone... unaging like you, it will just tend to express itself more extremely so, I guess. But I do believe you'll be able to hold it at bay for as long as you want to."

"I have little love for infernalists or those who would give up their souls, free will or other things that make them human for a bit of power, but they do not tend to be powerful enough to be a problem, so if they get in our way of course any enemy with a weapon is a fair target and if you want to gun down every infernalist you see I am not going to stop you, but they are not a priority, the mages are a priority and the Labyrinth itself, their spirits and allies like the werebears, and off course the Caul but if an infernalist should manage to run away, that matter little in the long run."
Crexia said and shrugged.
He shook his head, "I'd rather not kill needlessly - shooting someone trying their damned best to kill me is one thing, but shooting someone who is fleeing... I just don't know enough about Investments to assess how dangerous they'll make a person, that's why I asked for clarification."

The old Tytalus gave an amused grin.
"Ah yes...it certainly would shock a few dusty old Master that is for sure and I like that."
She said.
"Hum...yes indeed I like the idea of that very much."
He mused, "I wonder, why do I feel like Master Cristavo would pop a blood vessel at the notion?"

Loretta smiles a bit at that.
"I can try to slow things down a little bit...for the rest of the surroundings, when we are ready to move so it will be easier to aim and then get out of the way before any retaliation get our way."
The Cultist offered.
He nodded, "That's a splendid idea."

"Ah...she have a bit of a...personality do her do she."
Udella said with a smile but she did look at you with knowing eyes.
"I am glad you both got away with the fright Mr Wainwright."
She said then she muttered something for herself as she regarded you for a moment more before looking away.
He grinned, "She's got what could be referred to as a Mediterranean temper, I suppose. Well, like they told me in the military hospital, any crash you can walk away from... or in my case, at least hauled away from alive..."

"The I survived a Gilgul attempt tshirt? That would be a rather exclusive garment, usually when that...ritual is attempted...it is completed one do not try something like that unless one really mean it."
The old Quesitor muttered and she gave you a slight smile.
He grimaced and nodded to Adley, "Well, miss Warden certainly meant it. She just wasn't expecting to be thwarted in the attempt. Really, if my Cabalmate hadn't been there, I wouldn't have made it, I think."

"Ladies and gentlemen are you prepared and ready?"
Crexia asked as she begun to move towards the maintenance shed.
"We should get going..."
He nodded as the spell was completed, ready for unleashing, "Whoever wants to bait them into the kill zone..."

((OOC: Yes, well, everything's relative, isn't it? ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Colin shrugged, "That danger, I think, applies to anyone as the years drag on. For someone... unaging like you, it will just tend to express itself more extremely so, I guess. But I do believe you'll be able to hold it at bay for as long as you want to."

"It is true for most who stop their aging they tend to be...stuck in the past, in a way this is true for very old regular sleepers as well...but a lich are more extreme, it might be somewhat the same but we are no longer human."
Crexia said then she gave you a smile.
"But your belief that I can go on as I am are quite warming young man."

He shook his head, "I'd rather not kill needlessly - shooting someone trying their damned best to kill me is one thing, but shooting someone who is fleeing... I just don't know enough about Investments to assess how dangerous they'll make a person, that's why I asked for clarification."

"I know...I have done both...killing those who...where trying to kill me and those who where trying to escape, it is not plesant."
Crexia admitted then she nodded and explained.
"Well most Investments a simple gifts like wealth, good looks, getting that job so desired, simple, vain material concerns, then there are those that give powers they are more dangerous, those such marked can be seen like you see a psychic...then there are those like Miss Jerkins who get truly terrifying gifts like her children but that is rare, the terrible things those marked deals with do not give such favors to any but the most remarkable individuals who can provide them with the most luxurious souls. However yes those with investment marks can be dangerous, very much so, but that is a rarity."

He mused, "I wonder, why do I feel like Master Cristavo would pop a blood vessel at the notion?"

"You are right...he would...ah so delightful, we must do this then, I have some free time coming up in about...one an a half years Mr Wainwright, what about I come by Boston then."
Crexia said she seamed delighted at the thought of annoying Master Cristavo.

He nodded, "That's a splendid idea."

Loretta nodded she begun breathing evenly, she supported herself on the wall with one hand as she went into a meditative state, her pretty eyes unfocusing as she was lost in the state of mind needed to work her magick.

He grinned, "She's got what could be referred to as a Mediterranean temper, I suppose. Well, like they told me in the military hospital, any crash you can walk away from... or in my case, at least hauled away from alive..."

"Yes I can imagine it young man."
Udella said and gave a knowing smile.
"Yes, surviving something...terrible can certainly make someone stronger, unless it brakes them."
She muttered.

He grimaced and nodded to Adley, "Well, miss Warden certainly meant it. She just wasn't expecting to be thwarted in the attempt. Really, if my Cabalmate hadn't been there, I wouldn't have made it, I think."

"Ah you did a good thing then Mr Roth Hicks, saving an Avatar is no mean thing."
Udella said and she gave Adley a acknowledging nod of her head.
"Well I am glad all went well for you and not for the Nephanda."

He nodded as the spell was completed, ready for unleashing, "Whoever wants to bait them into the kill zone..."

"I am rather convinced we do not need to bait them, probably they are waiting for us not far into the Labyrinth."
Crexia said.
"And I suspect they will not by baited by one poor mage being sent in to make them follow him, we are entering into their turf, they have everything to win by just waiting and let us come to them."
She added and frowned.

(OOC: Speaking of the Seat of Forces my husband's character suggested that he was so much of an asshole he can not decide between kicking a puppy and tripping an grandmother so he he go with kicking elderly werewolves down the stairs...Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:43 pm

"Yeah that is where one party of defenders like I said where sent to meet your group, hopefully you will be stopped there." Tanner grumbled. "The tunnel is enchanted to know residents from others and will activate the traps if others try to enter it." He replied to the second question.

"Please describe the traps there," he requested. "Aside from being a resident so they do not activate, how can the traps be disarmed?"

///

"You may be right Sodalis, we have little choice but to press forward though, but we have to expect to be attacked once we get in, and be prepared for them to try to cut us of from escape...I do not like it, and add to that they know the layout of the Labyrinth and we only have a child's map..."

"It seems to be an accurate child's map," he said. "This hallway here is enchanted to know residents from intruders, and upon entry of non-residents will activate the traps there."

"If we could convince it not to harm us but go after it's captors instead that would be a boon." Loretta said.

"Agreed, and at any rate it should be freed."

"Yes they are waiting for us, and seven meters that is plenty of room to set up whatever attack they desire not to mention traps...also this storage room, we should not forget it, such a place would be a good place for someone intended to spring said trap on us to hide."

"Traps...maybe if we're lucky the prime bolt will destroy them or their trigger enchantment," he mused. He moved a bit with the others as Colin began to work.

You seam to be able to get a few moments to work your rote but not many.

He could see the remains of his shields, the spirits had drained them but they were still there, if barely. He began moving his hands and repeating the words again, refreshing them as much as he could given the time they had.

// I saw Warp had three roll groups, so I did the same, hope that's ok: 0,2,6; 9,5,3; 5,4,8 - so 3 successes I think(?), dunno how much the spirits hit them for but it seemed pretty bad. It had 4 sux left on ablation when they attacked, so if it had 1 left it's back to what it was before.

I seem to have gotten strep throat. FFS, this season D: And lol re: Seat of Forces, I love how even Crexia is ready to troll him. Goes to show, being liked is not top priority in H. Tytalus. Mental image of the Big Bad Wolf in grandma's clothing with him kicking her down the stairs will not leave my mind xD
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:00 pm

Conversation with Tanner:

"Please describe the traps there," he requested. "Aside from being a resident so they do not activate, how can the traps be disarmed?"

"The traps in the corridor that lead to the Caul? I do not know how they can be disarmed, I do not need to know so I was never told. As far as I know they are in the form of the magick you might call Forces, crude but effective, there might be physical traps as well I do not know I am not one of the pawns that use those tunnels."
Tanner said and shrugged.

Sewer Corridor:

"It seems to be an accurate child's map," he said. "This hallway here is enchanted to know residents from intruders, and upon entry of non-residents will activate the traps there."

"I am not surprised."
Crexia muttered.
"Are you thinking about this hallway here that we are about to enter or the side tunnel that lead to the Caul? We know that have to be trapped in some way."

"Agreed, and at any rate it should be freed."

"Yes it should be indeed, no one should be forced to serve the Nephandi, whatever one is incarnate on non incarnate."
Loretta said in agreement.

"Traps...maybe if we're lucky the prime bolt will destroy them or their trigger enchantment," he mused. He moved a bit with the others as Colin began to work.

"Well we can always hope."
Crexia said and frowned.
"If not we are going to have to deal with traps as well as the inhabitants of the Labyrinth, not an ideal situation."

He could see the remains of his shields, the spirits had drained them but they were still there, if barely. He began moving his hands and repeating the words again, refreshing them as much as he could given the time they had.

Your will and words reform your kinetic barriers, repairing them and restoring them to pristine condition, Quintessence flow through them again and replace the damage Miss Jerkins child had done to them, your working go rather quickly as you intend them to go.

(OOC: Yes that will mean Adley's Kinetic shield are back to what they where.)

(OOC 2: Well The Seat of Forces did get an entire Tradition and a group of Dreamspeakers 100 mages strong to leave by being an asshole to them, he is quite the piece of work. I hope you get better soon.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:49 pm

"I know...I have done both...killing those who...where trying to kill me and those who where trying to escape, it is not plesant."
Crexia admitted then she nodded and explained.
"Well most Investments a simple gifts like wealth, good looks, getting that job so desired, simple, vain material concerns, then there are those that give powers they are more dangerous, those such marked can be seen like you see a psychic...then there are those like Miss Jerkins who get truly terrifying gifts like her children but that is rare, the terrible things those marked deals with do not give such favors to any but the most remarkable individuals who can provide them with the most luxurious souls. However yes those with investment marks can be dangerous, very much so, but that is a rarity."
Colin nodded, "Essentially, if investment marks make the fellow truly dangerous, he'll likely be thrown into the frontline in any case. Thank you for the clarification."

"You are right...he would...ah so delightful, we must do this then, I have some free time coming up in about...one an a half years Mr Wainwright, what about I come by Boston then."
Crexia said she seamed delighted at the thought of annoying Master Cristavo.
He arched an eyebrow slightly, "I do wonder, though, does the man actually have anyone who likes him? And unless anything dramatic should happen to force me out of business, I'll be there - and even if that should happen, I can relocate and set up a new workshop in any case."

"Yes I can imagine it young man."
Udella said and gave a knowing smile.
"Yes, surviving something...terrible can certainly make someone stronger, unless it brakes them."
She muttered.
He nodded, "I suppose I've found my Nietzche."

"Ah you did a good thing then Mr Roth Hicks, saving an Avatar is no mean thing."
Udella said and she gave Adley a acknowledging nod of her head.
"Well I am glad all went well for you and not for the Nephanda."
He nodded.

"I am rather convinced we do not need to bait them, probably they are waiting for us not far into the Labyrinth."
Crexia said.
"And I suspect they will not by baited by one poor mage being sent in to make them follow him, we are entering into their turf, they have everything to win by just waiting and let us come to them."
She added and frowned.
He frowned, "Of course... Can anyone see any more or less obvious traps before us?"

((OOC: Get better soon, man - and at least it's not Voice Actor's Disease - Dubstrep. Razz ))

((OOC2: Well, the goodly Seat of Forces needs to be unseated. Perhaps someone could set an old female Garou Jiu-Jitsu master in his way at the top of a very long stairwell? ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:06 pm

Colin nodded, "Essentially, if investment marks make the fellow truly dangerous, he'll likely be thrown into the frontline in any case. Thank you for the clarification."

Crexia nodded at that.
"They can be quite dangerous but yes if Mr Dell is not among those who are directly fighting us, chances are his investments are not...if he he do end up fighting against us though...well let us just say that at least Abigail will not be getting him in this life."
She said grimly.

He arched an eyebrow slightly, "I do wonder, though, does the man actually have anyone who likes him? And unless anything dramatic should happen to force me out of business, I'll be there - and even if that should happen, I can relocate and set up a new workshop in any case."

"Well the man do have some Cabalmates and a brood of apprentices I guess some of them might like him...and I do stress the word might."
The Tytalus said and shrugged then she gave another delighted smile.
"Good...good in a year and a half then."

He nodded, "I suppose I've found my Nietzche."

Udella gave a slight smile at that.

He frowned, "Of course... Can anyone see any more or less obvious traps before us?"

"I think probably all with the ability should look for anything magickal and spiritual, as for less magickal traps, I can try to see if I can find areas of misfortune if that will help Mr Wainwright."
James offered, the Fortunae looked nervous in the dim light in the sewer corridor, he made a few gestures of his hands then he took a couple of Casino dice out of his pocket and rolled them in his hand.

Crexia begun moving into the maintenence shed, it was a small room containing a pair of rubber boots, some rolls of wire and a electrical cabinet. The old Tytalus muttered a few words and touched the back wall and it turned...liquid, very much like the way Udella made into the Umbra but this is oily and dark and looks uninviting and revolting. Loretta made her beat with her hung spell ready.
"Ok...as soon as we step through I will activate this so we get a bit of...extra time to become aware of our surroundings."
The Adept of Time informed you.

(OOC: Well that would be amusing, at least the good Seat of Forces' future in the cannon of the setting is rather golden. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:37 pm

"The traps in the corridor that lead to the Caul? I do not know how they can be disarmed, I do not need to know so I was never told. As far as I know they are in the form of the magick you might call Forces, crude but effective, there might be physical traps as well I do not know I am not one of the pawns that use those tunnels."

"I meant the traps that you said were in the corridor on the way to the main hall entry, on the other side of the maintenance shed portal," he clarified. Those traps on the other side of the maintenance shed portal are under an enchantment against non-residents, correct?" He waited then said, "So what kind of traps are triggered by non-residents?"**

//

"Are you thinking about this hallway here that we are about to enter or the side tunnel that lead to the Caul? We know that have to be trapped in some way."

"The way to the caul is also protected by forces traps and probably physical and other ones as well, he did not know for sure as he'd never been that way."**

Crexia begun moving into the maintenence shed, it was a small room containing a pair of rubber boots, some rolls of wire and a electrical cabinet. The old Tytalus muttered a few words and touched the back wall and it turned...liquid, very much like the way Udella made into the Umbra but this is oily and dark and looks uninviting and revolting. Loretta made her beat with her hung spell ready.
"Ok...as soon as we step through I will activate this so we get a bit of...extra time to become aware of our surroundings."
The Adept of Time informed you.

Adley kept Nancy and Cara close to him, so that his shield might take some of the impact if there were any attacks on them.

//**I'm not sure if this was unclear due to IC or OOC but I had thought that the hall on the other side of the shed was the one that was enchanted with traps that trigger against intruders, so Adley's asking Tanner a clarification and that should finish that bit up and answer Crexia's question. Yay, all caught up lol. Sorry to drag that out.

@Warp - lol, dubstrep. Or auto-tune. And Nietzsche xD
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top