Changeling 20

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Changeling 20

Post by s7trif3 on Wed May 03, 2017 5:26 pm

It's nearly time! Backers got the preview of the C20 Corebook (spoiler lite comment below, skip if you wish)...

...I think my overall reaction is pretty positive so far at first glance. It's pretty comprehensive but not as much as Mage. They did a good job though I will comb through more carefully later, especially on the Chimera sections. I'd have to try out the Arts system to see if it's improved but there are some sensible adjustments. I laughed at a comment on one of the Facebook groups I'm on: 'Changelings are no longer the jokes of WoD' - I was like, well...they never were, actually. I don't understand where people get that idea, I blame the Pookas ; )
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Changeling 20

Post by Warpmind on Wed May 03, 2017 7:02 pm

The ones who claimed that must've been Canadian.

You know what they do to Pucks. Wink
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu May 04, 2017 4:24 am

I did not back this one so I will have to buy it when it come out. Changeling are probably the old WoD game I have played the least, but yes yes is definitely a serious game and take up interesting topics, so I will get it, but alas I have to wait until it is available for the rest of us to buy.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu May 04, 2017 7:49 am

lol@Warp.

Changeling was the first game I played for WoD. Then Mage. Never played Wraith, Werewolf or Vampire (I was going to play the latter but the troupe opted  to play Call of Cthulhu instead). But yeah there is some interesting stuff and if you like to mix splats this version seems to give more variety of options and pulls some of the tidbits strewn around all over the place into one book. It's a shame the KS didn't fund the ultradelux cover, which would have been the stained glass look which would have been epic but my wallet is glad for that b/c I did not have the money to up my pledge xD
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu May 04, 2017 8:10 am

Vampire was the first I GMed the Mage which I ended up liking more, then the others with varying degrees of frequency but I more read the game to use the supernatural types as NPC characters. I play WoD games regularly though I do often run crossovers in some degree, my first game I played in was a Vampire/Mage crossover so I usually have different supernaturals be a part of the world when I play WoD though they do not always interact but I have to admit to a certain fondness for the fantasy kitchen sink genre.

I did not get the ultralux cover for Mage either, it is beautiful but the regular collectors edition was expensive enough.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top