The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:21 am

Colin grinned, "Nevertheless, it's something to show off with."

"Well it came in handy at least."
Crexia said and smiled a little.
"And sometimes the ability to show off is just what one need in a political situation."

He grimaced as he watched, the disconnect between left and right eye being something of a bother, but he didn't dare close the left eye out of concern something urgent might come up. As the Nephandus backed into the hole in the Umbra and cut the hole closed again, he plucked out the monocle and shook his head, "Ah, that was... different. The man stepped through the Umbra... cut his way through with a ritual blade; might want to be careful when looking for that."
He gave Crexia a sheepish grin, "In hindsight, watching time tick backwards with one eye and forwards with the other was probably not the most comfortable way I could have done that..."

"Hum...well I expected as much, so he cut his way through the Gauntlet that makes sense."
Crexia said and nodded.
"Indeed we would not want to cut ourselves on his tools when searching him we do not know where those tools have been."
The ancient Hermetic agreed before she grinned.
"Ah no...that sort of thing is bond to give you a headache unless you are used to such distortions of vision and it is not an easy thing to get used to."

He grimaced, "Well, if he is reluctant to share, we could always point out that we don't need him alive to pick his brain... Again, ma'am, sorry about that."

Crexia grimaced at that.
"Yes well I prefer to interrogate a live man than doing that again anytime soon, or summoning his spirit and forcing it to talk, I suspect our fire happy friend here would rather me get the information out of his corpse than being alive to go back with us though so it is not much of a threat...I can off course get any information I wish by raping his mind...I just prefer...to avoid that when I can, I like to keep what little is left of my humanity."
The old lich muttered as she looked at the wounded Nephandus.

"That's my thought," he agreed.

Crexia just nodded at that.

"Very well, we'll secure him and see if the healer can assist. I think he might be a Flambeau barrabus, mentioned by others we had questioned. I can tie him up, if anyone has something to bind him with but I don't want to cause him more injury in his current state."

"I can assist I just need to be careful you do not get do overs with healing."
Andy muttered as she carved intricate designs into her own armed gritting her teeth against the pain of it.
"I have some parachute cord one of those survival bracelets if you can use that."
She said and indicated the decoration around her right wrist beside her watch, a green and black knotted bracelet made of strong cord meant to be unraveled in an emergency where a rope might be needed. With some difficulty in not getting it covered in blood she got the bracelet off and tossed it over to you.
"There should be a few meters of cord in there when you unravel it."
The Verbena told you before she continued with her flesh carving.
"I suspect so as well that he is a Flambeau Barrabus from his Ars, his magick is Hermetic and his skill with Ignem is remarkable."
Crexia said and nodded in agreement as she scowled at the man on the floor.

"I was thinking more along the lines of if this fellow," he nudged a chin at the passed out Nephandi, "had done something to him, put a spell on him while he was asleep, for example. But I am hoping he was too busy with casting that awful spell of his, thank goodness it was stopped," he said.

"He was not in here casting any magick when I was waking William up, but no I did not check the boy for spells directly at that time, he could have been in here an hid from me."
Udella said and frowned. Zack said from where he stood with the phone.
"I will let them know to check for it ok..."
He said and the Quesitor nodded.
"Thank you young man."
She said then she glanced at the man on the floor.
"He works fast as a mage I am impressed by his skill, as his enemy this worries me this whole situation worries me..."
She said more to herself than to you.
"Yes, you have good ears Sodalis if you had not discovered what he was doing we would all be dead by now and a good part of Chicago with us, well done."
Udella told you and nodded approvingly.

(OOC: Yeah the weather Gods are drunk I think ;P )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:37 pm

"Well it came in handy at least."
Crexia said and smiled a little.
"And sometimes the ability to show off is just what one need in a political situation."
Colin grinned wryly, "So long as you can back it up, or otherwise ensure nobody is willing to call your bluff..."

"I had no doubt of the usefulness or effectiveness," he said, with a tired shake of his head. "It was my conceptualization of how you were doing it that was flawed; I thought I wouldn't be able to learn it yet." He gave him a faint smile. "But you can consider me an eager future student. Nice shot with the coffee by the way," he added with a bit more humour.
He looked glumly at the discarded cup, "That... wasn't coffee, it was a most excellent cup of tea. It was effective in stalling the man, but... I really wanted to drink that."

"Hum...well I expected as much, so he cut his way through the Gauntlet that makes sense."
Crexia said and nodded.
"Indeed we would not want to cut ourselves on his tools when searching him we do not know where those tools have been."
The ancient Hermetic agreed before she grinned.
"Ah no...that sort of thing is bond to give you a headache unless you are used to such distortions of vision and it is not an easy thing to get used to."
He pinched the bridge of his nose, "Well, either I take the time - in a manner of speaking - to get used to that, or i find some other method that doesn't render me so wall-eyed as to stand on a Wednesday and see both weekend days at once..."

Crexia grimaced at that.
"Yes well I prefer to interrogate a live man than doing that again anytime soon, or summoning his spirit and forcing it to talk, I suspect our fire happy friend here would rather me get the information out of his corpse than being alive to go back with us though so it is not much of a threat...I can off course get any information I wish by raping his mind...I just prefer...to avoid that when I can, I like to keep what little is left of my humanity."
The old lich muttered as she looked at the wounded Nephandus.
He nodded darkly, "Point... Best not offer him such a... treat."

"He was not in here casting any magick when I was waking William up, but no I did not check the boy for spells directly at that time, he could have been in here an hid from me."
Udella said and frowned. Zack said from where he stood with the phone.
"I will let them know to check for it ok..."
He said and the Quesitor nodded.
"Thank you young man."
She said then she glanced at the man on the floor.
"He works fast as a mage I am impressed by his skill, as his enemy this worries me this whole situation worries me..."
She said more to herself than to you.
"Yes, you have good ears Sodalis if you had not discovered what he was doing we would all be dead by now and a good part of Chicago with us, well done."
Udella told you and nodded approvingly.
He shook his head, "No, the room was empty when this fellow cut in, I think - I can't be entirely sure, but I think it would have been just after our portal closed, or immediately before. Possibly he was aware of it and hoped the blast might bleed through to... the Chantry... er, would that be likely to work, by the way? I mean, if the blast had leveled the Labyrinth and a city block or two, would the explosion have affected the other side of an adjacent portal?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:51 pm

Colin grinned wryly, "So long as you can back it up, or otherwise ensure nobody is willing to call your bluff..."

"I was born in a time when a woman's word meant very little, even the word of a woman born to noble blood, I learned to always be able to back it up."
Crexia said in a matter of factly tone of voice.

He pinched the bridge of his nose, "Well, either I take the time - in a manner of speaking - to get used to that, or i find some other method that doesn't render me so wall-eyed as to stand on a Wednesday and see both weekend days at once..."

"I suspect you will get used to it young man, even with another method to see you will still be experiencing several points of time at once it will still be confusing until you learn how to deal with it."
The old Tytalus said with a slight smile.
"But if a new tool will make you feel better by all means do construct one."

He nodded darkly, "Point... Best not offer him such a... treat."

Crexia nodded and looked at the prisoner and shook her head.
"No I fear this man will be taken to Horizon and the Council will hopefully get it's fill of blood like Rome after the third servile war when the main road whre flanked with the dead and dying..."
She muttered more to herself than to you.

He shook his head, "No, the room was empty when this fellow cut in, I think - I can't be entirely sure, but I think it would have been just after our portal closed, or immediately before.

"He works fast our new friend here, very fast to set up a modern Ball of Abysmal flame that quickly is not mean feat, I doubt I could have cast that same rote with as much speed, then again Ignem is not my specialty."
Crexia said and she did look somewhat impressed.
"It makes the man dangerous though it is best to stop him from being able to use is magick before he wakes up."

Possibly he was aware of it and hoped the blast might bleed through to... the Chantry... er, would that be likely to work, by the way? I mean, if the blast had leveled the Labyrinth and a city block or two, would the explosion have affected the other side of an adjacent portal?"

"Yes, it would have worked, if the blast had gone off while the protal was open, everyone back at the Chantry and for a few blocks of it would be dead now."
The old lich said darkly.
"It could have been his plan but I doubt it, he is a fast spellcaster but a Ball of Abysmal flame still takes a little time to build up, then again he could have hope we would have the portal up longer..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:23 pm

He looked glumly at the discarded cup, "That... wasn't coffee, it was a most excellent cup of tea. It was effective in stalling the man, but... I really wanted to drink that."

"Well, the good news is we're alive so you can drink another in the future. I think it might have saved our life, for what it's worth. A noble sacrifice."

"I can assist I just need to be careful you do not get do overs with healing." Andy muttered as she carved intricate designs into her own armed gritting her teeth against the pain of it. "I have some parachute cord one of those survival bracelets if you can use that."...With some difficulty in not getting it covered in blood she got the bracelet off and tossed it over to you. "There should be a few meters of cord in there when you unravel it."

"Good, thank you, that should work," he said, noting the bracelet. "I'll take his items also, we can give him a better check over when he's stable," he suggested as he took the paracord and began to unwind it to use it for rope and put it to use binding up the man's fingers and hands.

"I suspect so as well that he is a Flambeau Barrabus from his Ars, his magick is Hermetic and his skill with Ignem is remarkable."
Crexia said

"He's fast, not sure if he's using some sort of time ars but he got two fireballs off at me before he fainted." He gave a faint scowl as if the notion personally affronted him.

"He was not in here casting any magick when I was waking William up, but no I did not check the boy for spells directly at that time, he could have been in here an hid from me." Udella said and frowned

"Or just out in the umbra," he said with a nod.

"That sounds uncomfortable; reminds me of the god Janus, who had two faces one looking to the future and one to the past..." he said.

"Yes, you have good ears Sodalis if you had not discovered what he was doing we would all be dead by now and a good part of Chicago with us, well done." Udella told you and nodded approvingly.
He shook his head, "No, the room was empty when this fellow cut in, I think - I can't be entirely sure, but I think it would have been just after our portal closed, or immediately before. Possibly he was aware of it and hoped the blast might bleed through to... the Chantry... er, would that be likely to work, by the way? I mean, if the blast had leveled the Labyrinth and a city block or two, would the explosion have affected the other side of an adjacent portal?"
"Yes, it would have worked, if the blast had gone off while the protal was open, everyone back at the Chantry and for a few blocks of it would be dead now.

He glanced at them both and took a deep breath in and out, nodded tiredly. Partly, it was just luck, he knew. He could have just as easily not heard anything despite his vigilence and then they would be dead, and so he wasn't sure what to do with the praise that the elder maga gave him but accept it with that understanding.

"He works fast our new friend here, very fast to set up a modern Ball of Abysmal flame that quickly is not mean feat, I doubt I could have cast that same rote with as much speed, then again Ignem is not my specialty." Crexia said and she did look somewhat impressed. "It makes the man dangerous though it is best to stop him from being able to use is magick before he wakes up."

"So...should we use that...poi- serum?" he asked. He supposed, in retrospect, his former self had been right after all. It was a poison.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:55 pm

"Good, thank you, that should work," he said, noting the bracelet. "I'll take his items also, we can give him a better check over when he's stable," he suggested as he took the paracord and began to unwind it to use it for rope and put it to use binding up the man's fingers and hands.

Andy nodded and moved a little out of the way so you could get at the man's hands and later his pockets.
"He have a fine ritual dagger one mean for waving around with, not cutting that is what I can see at least."
She said and nodded at the blade in the man's belt as she continued her healing work, the Nephandus' wounds slowly knitting themselves together, his breathing and heart rate improving as she worked. There where more than enough cord to bind the man's wrists and fingers with some left over.

"He's fast, not sure if he's using some sort of time ars but he got two fireballs off at me before he fainted." He gave a faint scowl as if the notion personally affronted him.

"I should have felt it if he had used such Ars, it is one of my specialties. But I agree he should not be that fast, magick takes a little time, it do not add up. The only time I have seen magi this fast without the use of temporal Ars was..."
Crexia said and frowned and her voice trailed of.
"When my former House corrupted parts of House Tytalus...gave them of their blood..."

"Or just out in the umbra," he said with a nod.

"Fair point Sodalis."
Udella said and nodded. Zach spoke up from where he stood with the phone.
"I have warned Mor...ehm the Chantry for now they are fine at least."
He said he seamed a bit overwhelmed with how you all got to being annihilated.

"That sounds uncomfortable; reminds me of the god Janus, who had two faces one looking to the future and one to the past..." he said.

"Ah yes, well your Cabalmate seams to be rather well connected to various myths Sodalis, then again myths are often so much more that just stories are they not."
Crexia said and she sounded rather amused then she turned serious again glancing at the man on the floor.

He glanced at them both and took a deep breath in and out, nodded tiredly. Partly, it was just luck, he knew. He could have just as easily not heard anything despite his vigilence and then they would be dead, and so he wasn't sure what to do with the praise that the elder maga gave him but accept it with that understanding.

The old Tytalus just looked at you for a moment then she nodded, you discovering the black haired man on the floor had saved you all, it was what it was and you deserved praise for that. Crexia said nothing more though as she turned to watch Andy heal the Nephandus.

"So...should we use that...poi- serum?" he asked. He supposed, in retrospect, his former self had been right after all. It was a poison.

"Hum...I am not sure, if my worst suspicious about his speed are true then...if what your Cabalmate's future self have discovered about the serum is true that it is made from...the potion that create someone like me..."
Crexia sigh and was silent for a moment.
"What happened to House Tremere it was the result of combining such a potion with Massassa blood during certain rituals...I am not sure what the serum would do to him and I need him in a condition to talk, we might have to use less...kind...methods to restrain his magick."
The old Tytalus said darkly.
"Then again if he is infested by vampire blood he will be able to heal broken fingers...until we know restraining him might be somewhat complicated...I guess cutting his hands of should work, I have done such things before and he should not be able to heal that easily or if at all."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:25 pm

"I was born in a time when a woman's word meant very little, even the word of a woman born to noble blood, I learned to always be able to back it up."
Crexia said in a matter of factly tone of voice.
Colin grinned, "Good thing I can pretty much back up my words with all the Quintessence in the room, if necessary. I just might be the least intimidated man in the room should someone show up with half a Node worth of Tass..."

"Well, the good news is we're alive so you can drink another in the future. I think it might have saved our life, for what it's worth. A noble sacrifice."
He frowned, "There's power in sacrifice, but... I still feel like a traitor to Queen and Country for it. I mean, that was tea..."

"I suspect you will get used to it young man, even with another method to see you will still be experiencing several points of time at once it will still be confusing until you learn how to deal with it."
The old Tytalus said with a slight smile.
"But if a new tool will make you feel better by all means do construct one."
He nodded, "I think a single lens for both eyes at once will be better, or a pair of spectacles so at least both eyes get the same view."

"Ah yes, well your Cabalmate seams to be rather well connected to various myths Sodalis, then again myths are often so much more that just stories are they not."
Crexia said and she sounded rather amused then she turned serious again glancing at the man on the floor.
He frowned, "Not just time... Janus' territory was transitions - especially doorways and the transition between war and peace... Hum, I just hope I'm not going to end up insane and starting religions in the distant past..."

Crexia nodded and looked at the prisoner and shook her head.
"No I fear this man will be taken to Horizon and the Council will hopefully get it's fill of blood like Rome after the third servile war when the main road whre flanked with the dead and dying..."
She muttered more to herself than to you.
He frowned, "The Council is unimportant, I think, if the public opinion shifts drastically. Or rather, if the shift is drastic enough..."

"He works fast our new friend here, very fast to set up a modern Ball of Abysmal flame that quickly is not mean feat, I doubt I could have cast that same rote with as much speed, then again Ignem is not my specialty."
Crexia said and she did look somewhat impressed.
"It makes the man dangerous though it is best to stop him from being able to use is magick before he wakes up."
"I should have felt it if he had used such Ars, it is one of my specialties. But I agree he should not be that fast, magick takes a little time, it do not add up. The only time I have seen magi this fast without the use of temporal Ars was..."
Crexia said and frowned and her voice trailed of.
"When my former House corrupted parts of House Tytalus...gave them of their blood..."
He frowned, "You mean he's been... bugger. So the stuff really is like magic amphetamines, if he's that much faster for it."

"Yes, it would have worked, if the blast had gone off while the protal was open, everyone back at the Chantry and for a few blocks of it would be dead now."
"It could have been his plan but I doubt it, he is a fast spellcaster but a Ball of Abysmal flame still takes a little time to build up, then again he could have hope we would have the portal up longer..."
He pondered, "I'll have to learn that spell... Not for the fireball but if that sort of charge-up and range could be used for other things, like a healing bomb... Hum, research for later."

"Hum...I am not sure, if my worst suspicious about his speed are true then...if what your Cabalmate's future self have discovered about the serum is true that it is made from...the potion that create someone like me..."
Crexia sigh and was silent for a moment.
"What happened to House Tremere it was the result of combining such a potion with Massassa blood during certain rituals...I am not sure what the serum would do to him and I need him in a condition to talk, we might have to use less...kind...methods to restrain his magick."
The old Tytalus said darkly.
"Then again if he is infested by vampire blood he will be able to heal broken fingers...until we know restraining him might be somewhat complicated...I guess cutting his hands of should work, I have done such things before and he should not be able to heal that easily or if at all."
He frowned, "I don't necessarily think it was made from the same potion - more likely, a Technocrat's attempt at copying the effect. A botch job, if you will... but no, it's probably not worth risking it."
He pondered for a few moments, "There's an alternative to severing his hands, though... A little bit of stonework; fold his hands and encase them snugly in a rock - he won't have the leverage to make hand seals, and he shouldn't have the leverage to use the stone as a weapon, either... As a bonus, it's a bloodless method, and his healing ability is rendered irrelevant, unlike with amputations."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:15 pm

Colin grinned, "Good thing I can pretty much back up my words with all the Quintessence in the room, if necessary. I just might be the least intimidated man in the room should someone show up with half a Node worth of Tass..."

"Well do not get to cocky young man even if that rote of yours is very impressive it still takes time and you can easily be overpowered someone with allot of Quintessence on them are still a danger to you."
Crexia warned.

He nodded, "I think a single lens for both eyes at once will be better, or a pair of spectacles so at least both eyes get the same view."

"Well whatever works for you young man."
Crexia said with a slight smile.

He frowned, "Not just time... Janus' territory was transitions - especially doorways and the transition between war and peace... Hum, I just hope I'm not going to end up insane and starting religions in the distant past..."

"Well some of the religious of the past are most real, then again perhaps they are real because of belief."
The old Tytalus said then she sigh.
"Well we will deal with that problem if it should arise."

He frowned, "The Council is unimportant, I think, if the public opinion shifts drastically. Or rather, if the shift is drastic enough..."

"No one can rule if the masses turn against you, many a lord have discovered that so yes if public opinion turn again using that ritual there will be little the Council can do about it, they will have to change the laws."
Crexia said and nodded.

He frowned, "You mean he's been... bugger. So the stuff really is like magic amphetamines, if he's that much faster for it."

"Right off the bad the foul stuff will make you stronger and faster but not that much faster, i suspect the man have learned one of the hedge magic powers of the Massassa."
The old Tytalus said and frowned.

He pondered, "I'll have to learn that spell... Not for the fireball but if that sort of charge-up and range could be used for other things, like a healing bomb... Hum, research for later."

"A healing bomb, a most interesting concept. Well I would think that then learning the original spell would be the best place to start I am afraid it require the understanding of a Master of the Art to pull off though."
Crexia said and nodded again.

He frowned, "I don't necessarily think it was made from the same potion - more likely, a Technocrat's attempt at copying the effect. A botch job, if you will... but no, it's probably not worth risking it."

"Agreed but that still leave us with not knowing what the serum would do to our prisoner here."
Crexia said and she seamed a bit uneasy.

He pondered for a few moments, "There's an alternative to severing his hands, though... A little bit of stonework; fold his hands and encase them snugly in a rock - he won't have the leverage to make hand seals, and he shouldn't have the leverage to use the stone as a weapon, either... As a bonus, it's a bloodless method, and his healing ability is rendered irrelevant, unlike with amputations."

"That is not a bad idea young man."
Crexia said and nodded, she glanced at Udella who walked over to the prisoner and as Andy was finishing up her healing work she started muttering the words of her own spell, stone rose up from the floor itself and wrapped itself around the man's bound hands, becoming stone encasings that made it impossible for him to move his fingers. The Nephandus started waking up, he moaned a little in discomfort and looked around then he realized his situation and his eyes widened in an oh shit moment before he muttered.
"So...we did not all blow to kingdom come then."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:04 pm

"Well do not get to cocky young man even if that rote of yours is very impressive it still takes time and you can easily be overpowered someone with allot of Quintessence on them are still a danger to you."
Crexia warned.
Colin grinned, "Keeping in mind that 'least intimidated' still implies I am intimidated... I just might have a better chance of keeping my head cool enough to evaluate the best escape route instead of just jumping through the nearest window..."

"Well whatever works for you young man."
Crexia said with a slight smile.
He nodded, "Whatever softens the blow, at least..."

"Well some of the religious of the past are most real, then again perhaps they are real because of belief."
The old Tytalus said then she sigh.
"Well we will deal with that problem if it should arise."
He shrugged, "So long as I don't end up as a small, confused tortoise being dropped on a mad high priest's head, I expect I'll manage somehow... Ah, Discworld reference, in case you're unfamiliar with Terry Pratchett.""

"No one can rule if the masses turn against you, many a lord have discovered that so yes if public opinion turn again using that ritual there will be little the Council can do about it, they will have to change the laws."
Crexia said and nodded.
He frowned, "On that note, what is the Horizon equivalent of torches and pitchforks?"

"Right off the bad the foul stuff will make you stronger and faster but not that much faster, i suspect the man have learned one of the hedge magic powers of the Massassa."
The old Tytalus said and frowned.
He looked down at the man, "Hm, I was under the impression it was downright impossible for an Awakened Mage to learn linear magic as such... or would that be something related to the vampiric blood, you think?"

"A healing bomb, a most interesting concept. Well I would think that then learning the original spell would be the best place to start I am afraid it require the understanding of a Master of the Art to pull off though."
Crexia said and nodded again.
He nodded, "Well, it's not as though I don't intend to expand on my abilities for the next decades... Master rank might be a bit further off, though. And such a healing bomb might be very useful to have around for when you know there will be mass casualties."

"Agreed but that still leave us with not knowing what the serum would do to our prisoner here."
Crexia said and she seamed a bit uneasy.
He pondered, "I would surmise it would suppress his Avatar for 24 hours... but anything he's gained from... other sources might be unaffected... It's not something I would want to test under battlefield conditions in any case..."

"That is not a bad idea young man."
Crexia said and nodded, she glanced at Udella who walked over to the prisoner and as Andy was finishing up her healing work she started muttering the words of her own spell, stone rose up from the floor itself and wrapped itself around the man's bound hands, becoming stone encasings that made it impossible for him to move his fingers. The Nephandus started waking up, he moaned a little in discomfort and looked around then he realized his situation and his eyes widened in an oh shit moment before he muttered.
"So...we did not all blow to kingdom come then."
He nodded, then leaned down over the man, "No, but I will acknowledge that you made a good attempt. So, let me guess, Abigail sent you to blow up the place as a failsafe should the Oblivion portal not drag the whole place into, well... you know..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:04 am

He frowned, "There's power in sacrifice, but... I still feel like a traitor to Queen and Country for it. I mean, that was tea..."

He gave an exhausted chuckle and shake of his head.

"He have a fine ritual dagger one mean for waving around with, not cutting that is what I can see at least." She said and nodded at the blade in the man's belt...

He nodded at the knife and the belt and worked on securing him first, just in case he woke up unexpectedly. "I'll get that when I'm done with his hands."

"I should have felt it if he had used such Ars, it is one of my specialties. But I agree he should not be that fast, magick takes a little time, it do not add up. The only time I have seen magi this fast without the use of temporal Ars was..." Crexia said and frowned and her voice trailed of."When my former House corrupted parts of House Tytalus...gave them of their blood..."

His eyes widened and he looked straight over at Andy, then at himself to see how much of this guy's blood was on either of them. "I don't know if it's too late to warn you, but this guy might have vampire blood in his system," he said to Andy with a concerned look. "Try to take care of being exposed to such...we definitely should wash up very well, just in case."

Zach spoke up from where he stood with the phone. "I have warned Mor...ehm the Chantry for now they are fine at least." He said he seamed a bit overwhelmed

"Good, thank you."

"Ah yes, well your Cabalmate seams to be rather well connected to various myths Sodalis, then again myths are often so much more that just stories are they not." Crexia said

"Some are..." he nodded.

"That too, yes," he gave a nod. "As for the last worry, let's hope not. I really don't want to have to go and get you out of that mess," he said.

The old Tytalus just looked at you for a moment then she nodded...

Shrugging, he added, "And it was my amicus here and all of you that got rid of it. But yes...let's try to get to the bottom of this. I don't like it either."

"Hum...I am not sure, if my worst suspicious about his speed are true then...if what your Cabalmate's future self have discovered about the serum is true that it is made from...the potion that create someone like me..." Crexia sigh. "What happened to House Tremere it was the result of combining such a potion with Massassa blood during certain rituals...I am not sure what the serum would do to him and I need him in a condition to talk, we might have to use less...kind...methods to restrain his magick." The old Tytalus said darkly. "Then again if he is infested by vampire blood he will be able to heal broken fingers...until we know restraining him might be somewhat complicated...I guess cutting his hands of should work, I have done such things before and he should not be able to heal that easily or if at all."
He frowned, "I don't necessarily think it was made from the same potion - more likely, a Technocrat's attempt at copying the effect. A botch job, if you will... but no, it's probably not worth risking it." He pondered for a few moments, "There's an alternative to severing his hands, though... A little bit of stonework; fold his hands and encase them snugly in a rock - he won't have the leverage to make hand seals, and he shouldn't have the leverage to use the stone as a weapon, either... As a bonus, it's a bloodless method, and his healing ability is rendered irrelevant, unlike with amputations."
"That is not a bad idea young man."Crexia said and nodded

He frowned and looked at the guy. He really didn't want to cut off his hands and was quite relieved when Colin mentioned an alternative."Good idea," he said, relieved.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:10 am

His mind belongs to Chaos and undoing now. Moreover, even if it's not all that ethical, it is going to save lives, and even if this man is just a victim like the girl we just saved... his suffering and the stain in our honor would save those we love.
I suggest you ask him why he resists. If he's doing this because he's loyal to the cause of undoing, do what must be done,for this is war and lives need to be preserved. If he's just another tormented soul corrupted long ago by the nefandi... i'm sure you will be able to find something or someone he cares about and that we can preserve for him after he's not here. Maybe that eases him and makes him open up.

I personally believe there are lives more worthy than others, and that war pre establishes that you'd do many horrible things for your people. I can be wrong, or you might think otherwise. But i know that i wouldn't put my personal honor or ethics above my brethren's lives.
Tane suggested, with a shrug. I always try to save everyone even if it costs me. SOmetimes, you can't.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:25 am

Colin grinned, "Keeping in mind that 'least intimidated' still implies I am intimidated... I just might have a better chance of keeping my head cool enough to evaluate the best escape route instead of just jumping through the nearest window..."

Crexia grinned a bit at that.

He nodded, "Whatever softens the blow, at least..."

The old Tytalus nodded at that.

He shrugged, "So long as I don't end up as a small, confused tortoise being dropped on a mad high priest's head, I expect I'll manage somehow... Ah, Discworld reference, in case you're unfamiliar with Terry Pratchett.""

Crexia just raised an eyebrow at that.

He frowned, "On that note, what is the Horizon equivalent of torches and pitchforks?"

"Fireballs and rayguns...then again they also have touches and pitchforks you know."
The old maga said with a wry grin.

He looked down at the man, "Hm, I was under the impression it was downright impossible for an Awakened Mage to learn linear magic as such... or would that be something related to the vampiric blood, you think?"

"Regular hedge magick would be impossible for us as far as we know, however those who have ties to the other Awakened can learn some of their gifts. It have been known that some magi who are fae blooded can learn a bit of their arts for example and those who drink the blood of the Massassa can learn some of their static magic so yes it is a thing of the blood."

He nodded, "Well, it's not as though I don't intend to expand on my abilities for the next decades... Master rank might be a bit further off, though. And such a healing bomb might be very useful to have around for when you know there will be mass casualties."

"I am sure you will get there eventually young man."
Crexia said and smiled.
"I agree such a healing bomb would be most useful, but it is a topic for study and discussion for another time."

He pondered, "I would surmise it would suppress his Avatar for 24 hours... but anything he's gained from... other sources might be unaffected... It's not something I would want to test under battlefield conditions in any case..."

"If that is all it do then I am ok with that, I can deal with his Massassa gifts, but I am more worried about what else the serum might do to him."

He nodded, then leaned down over the man, "No, but I will acknowledge that you made a good attempt. So, let me guess, Abigail sent you to blow up the place as a failsafe should the Oblivion portal not drag the whole place into, well... you know..."

"Ehm...eh...Oblivion what?"
The Nephandus muttered he was still rather confused and tested his bonds carefully.
"Is that bloody stone around my hands?"
He muttered.
"I want to know where Abigail is, how many are with her and if she have more plans to take us all out like this man tried."
Crexia told you as you stood over the Nephandus.

He nodded at the knife and the belt and worked on securing him first, just in case he woke up unexpectedly. "I'll get that when I'm done with his hands."

Andy nodded at that she glanced over at how you bound the man's fingers and winced.
"Ouch that do not look to comfortable, then again he did just try to blow us all to hell so go for it."
She muttered as she continued her working of healing the man.

His eyes widened and he looked straight over at Andy, then at himself to see how much of this guy's blood was on either of them. "I don't know if it's too late to warn you, but this guy might have vampire blood in his system," he said to Andy with a concerned look. "Try to take care of being exposed to such...we definitely should wash up very well, just in case."

There where not allot of his blood on you but you had gotten a bit of it on you as you bound his hands. Andy grimaced as she worked.
"Thank you for the warning, shit who would do that to themselves?"
She muttered and shook her head.
"He reek of death I thought it was just because he was a Nephandus...Fuck."

"Good, thank you."

Zach nodded at that and put his phone and the receiver back in his pocket again.

"Some are..." he nodded.

Crexia nodded at that and smiled.

Shrugging, he added, "And it was my amicus here and all of you that got rid of it. But yes...let's try to get to the bottom of this. I don't like it either."

The old Tytalus nodded.
"Well it certainly was a creative use of a cup of tea."
She said.
"But yes let us figure this out Sodalis and move on."

He frowned and looked at the guy. He really didn't want to cut off his hands and was quite relieved when Colin mentioned an alternative."Good idea," he said, relieved.

The Nephandus woke up he seamed rather confused as Colin spoke to him, he seamed to be fully healed though and Andy slowly backed away from him grabbing a bottle of hand wash from her pocket and scrubbing her cuts with it, wincing sharply and then handing the bottle to you before she got started on healing those cuts.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:39 am

His mind belongs to Chaos and undoing now. Moreover, even if it's not all that ethical, it is going to save lives, and even if this man is just a victim like the girl we just saved... his suffering and the stain in our honor would save those we love.

"That is a slippery slope Mr Karyak, there are always good reasons to give up on our personal honor, there is always good reason to act in ways we know to be wrong, and yet when we act in such ways we loose a bit of ourselves and it is so much easier to do evil in the future."
Jeffry warned.
"I doubt this man is innocent, he is a dedicated Nephandus but even so going digging through his mind might be more than what we are willing to do...torturing him though might be necessary but I hope not."

I suggest you ask him why he resists. If he's doing this because he's loyal to the cause of undoing, do what must be done,for this is war and lives need to be preserved. If he's just another tormented soul corrupted long ago by the nefandi... i'm sure you will be able to find something or someone he cares about and that we can preserve for him after he's not here. Maybe that eases him and makes him open up.

"The problem is that there is always something that needs to be done, in this case we are talking about a soldier but next time it could be...well there is a progression in which we get to what the Union do when they torture and experiment on children and we do not want to get there and one way to avoid it is to hold true to our honor, however if no other method to get the man to talk can be found we might have to resort to torture in this case."
He said and sigh.

I personally believe there are lives more worthy than others, and that war pre establishes that you'd do many horrible things for your people.

"Oh I do many horrible things Mr Karyak but there are lines I try not to cross. I have employed torture before, but I do not do such a thing easy, we need to be careful that war do not become an excuse to become monsters."

I can be wrong, or you might think otherwise. But i know that i wouldn't put my personal honor or ethics above my brethren's lives. Tane suggested, with a shrug. I always try to save everyone even if it costs me. SOmetimes, you can't.

"The problem Mr Karyak is that honor and ethics are only worth anything when held even when pressed, and I could...destroy this entire city if I so desired. I am not trying to save this man, he is beyond saving, I am trying to not get to the point where I become a natural disaster on two legs that will use my power wherever I feel the need damned be the consequences and what keep me from doing so is my honor and ethics. I can lay down my life for those I love, I can do so gladly, I can sacrifice deeper parts of me for others...but my honor that is another matter."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"Well we are going to have to see what can be pressured out of the man. You are not wrong Mr Karyak even if I personally have an issue with setting ethics aside when it is practical."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:38 am

Colin grinned, "I can lend you the books. Well, some of them, at any rate - the series is rather long, and can be segmented into separate cycles, though they can just as easily be read in order of publication..."

"That too, yes," he gave a nod. "As for the last worry, let's hope not. I really don't want to have to go and get you out of that mess," he said.
He arched an eyebrow, "I don't know if you could... Well, no more than I can go inside your mind, I suppose... No shame in asking for help."

"Regular hedge magick would be impossible for us as far as we know, however those who have ties to the other Awakened can learn some of their gifts. It have been known that some magi who are fae blooded can learn a bit of their arts for example and those who drink the blood of the Massassa can learn some of their static magic so yes it is a thing of the blood."
He pondered, "Hmmm, more things to look into..."

"I am sure you will get there eventually young man."
Crexia said and smiled.
"I agree such a healing bomb would be most useful, but it is a topic for study and discussion for another time."
He nodded, "If I survive long enough. And I intend to do what I can to do so."

"If that is all it do then I am ok with that, I can deal with his Massassa gifts, but I am more worried about what else the serum might do to him."
He nodded, "The Primium particles might... hum, it could interfere with whatever the vampire blood does to strengthen him - potentially fatally... if that ends up being the accurate term."

"Ehm...eh...Oblivion what?"
The Nephandus muttered he was still rather confused and tested his bonds carefully.
"Is that bloody stone around my hands?"
He muttered.
"I want to know where Abigail is, how many are with her and if she have more plans to take us all out like this man tried."
Crexia told you as you stood over the Nephandus.
He smiled thinly at the Nephandus, "So, you didn't know about that particular little trap, either... Why, then, did you try something as suicidally stupid as a Ball of Abysmal Flame in here? I mean, that's two of them I've had to help defuse in as many days - it gets old fast. And yes, that's stone. It seemed a bit more convenient and less... messy than amputating your hands. And as my senior here asked, where is Abigail, how many people does she have left, and are there any other such suicide plans in the works?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:00 am

Colin grinned, "I can lend you the books. Well, some of them, at any rate - the series is rather long, and can be segmented into separate cycles, though they can just as easily be read in order of publication..."

Crexia raised an eyebrow.
"Well I do appreciate the offer perhaps my love would like those books I find I often do not have the time for fiction though."

He pondered, "Hmmm, more things to look into..."

"Well there are always more things to learn."
The archmage said and nodded.
"Just make sure you are very careful with this particular topic of research young man."
She warned.

He nodded, "If I survive long enough. And I intend to do what I can to do so."

Crexia nodded at that.
"Good make sure you do just that."

He arched an eyebrow, "I don't know if you could... Well, no more than I can go inside your mind, I suppose... No shame in asking for help."

Udella raised an eyebrow at that since you had been sent into your Cabalmate's mind not ten minutes ago.

He nodded, "The Primium particles might... hum, it could interfere with whatever the vampire blood does to strengthen him - potentially fatally... if that ends up being the accurate term."

"Well the fools who drink the blood of the Massassa die like everyone else so the term is accurate enough...it is possible what you describe could happen, or there might be no reaction or anything else, all we have right now is speculation and I would rather not chance that in our current situation."
Crexia said and sigh.

He smiled thinly at the Nephandus, "So, you didn't know about that particular little trap, either... Why, then, did you try something as suicidally stupid as a Ball of Abysmal Flame in here? I mean, that's two of them I've had to help defuse in as many days - it gets old fast.

"It is better the Labyrinth and all in it, friend and foe die than it falling into enemy hands and this way I would have taken out a good number of Traditionalists while at the same time making sure not more of our Avatars gets destroyed if we should get captured."
The Nephandus said.
"No Fallen would hesitate to choose dead over being captured by the Traditions and I do realize me saying that in my current predicament is a bit...ironic."
He said and glanced up at you.
"So you where the one who defused the ball that went to Boston Umbral docks...you are a quite irritating man it seams, that tea you tossed at me non withstanding."
He grumbled.

And yes, that's stone. It seemed a bit more convenient and less... messy than amputating your hands. And as my senior here asked,

The Nephandus paled a little.
"I see...ehm...I guess I should be grateful for the stone then."
He muttered.

where is Abigail, how many people does she have left, and are there any other such suicide plans in the works?"

The prisoner looked up at you and grinned slightly.
"Bite me!"
He replied and did not seam like he intended to be to cooperative.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:04 pm

Andy nodded at that she glanced over at how you bound the man's fingers and winced. "Ouch that do not look to comfortable, then again he did just try to blow us all to hell so go for it." She muttered as she continued her working of healing the man.

"It's not, but it will keep him from using his hands as tools, which we already know he uses hand gestures...and vocal chants, and since we want him to talk, one of those at least has to be taken out of the mix," he said.

There where not allot of his blood on you but you had gotten a bit of it on you as you bound his hands. Andy grimaced as she worked.
"Thank you for the warning, shit who would do that to themselves?" She muttered and shook her head. "He reek of death I thought it was just because he was a Nephandus...Fuck."

"I have been saying that a lot recently," he said, shaking his head. "An avatar spliced with a rather filthy-mouthed spirit, this...other things I have witnessed of late." He made a face at the blood on his hands; it more than disgusted him, the thought it could be tainted with vampire blood, a poison to his avatar and he looked as if he wanted to clean them off right then and there. He proceeded with an abundance of caution afterward to remove the fellow's items and tools without getting any more blood on him, making a mental note to treat denizens of the Labyrinth as if the were tainted by things worse than he could imagine.

The Nephandus woke up he seamed rather confused as Colin spoke to him, he seamed to be fully healed though and Andy slowly backed away from him grabbing a bottle of hand wash from her pocket and scrubbing her cuts with it, wincing sharply and then handing the bottle to you before she got started on healing those cuts.

"Thank you," he said, taking the bottle and using it to scrub his hands and exposed parts that might have gotten any blood on them thoroughly before handing it back to her. He didn't seem to wish to intrude on the interrogation that had begun, but moved so he could keep a lookout on the bound Nephandi and those in the room as well as those in the outer chamber.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:02 pm

"It's not, but it will keep him from using his hands as tools, which we already know he uses hand gestures...and vocal chants, and since we want him to talk, one of those at least has to be taken out of the mix," he said.

"That is a fair point. My Mentor told me once that if I needed to control another mage, take their hands out of the picture, I mean I do not use hand gestures but I carve runes and use herbs and plants I need my hands to do that. Most Virtual Adepts needs hands to type on their machines, an Etherite need his hands to build his contraptions most of us use our hands in some way or another, not all off course, but most."
Andy said and nodded then she looked down at the prisoner's bound fingers.
"Still...there is a guy at my Chantry who have scars from such bindings up his fingers, I would not want to experience it though there are far worse things."

"I have been saying that a lot recently," he said, shaking his head. "An avatar spliced with a rather filthy-mouthed spirit, this...other things I have witnessed of late." He made a face at the blood on his hands; it more than disgusted him, the thought it could be tainted with vampire blood, a poison to his avatar and he looked as if he wanted to clean them off right then and there. He proceeded with an abundance of caution afterward to remove the fellow's items and tools without getting any more blood on him, making a mental note to treat denizens of the Labyrinth as if the were tainted by things worse than he could imagine.

"Yeah well this place sort of have that effect now don't it, there are exclamations to be made over all the fucked up bullshit we find down here, sweet mother if I ever get it into my head to become a Nephandus immediately shoot me dead."
The Verbena muttered and shook her head as she worked.

You found that the Nephandus had his dagger, a string with three blue beads, some chalk, a wand and something that looked like a Solomonic seal but one you had never need. In addition he had his room keys, a phone, and a silver box with blue and white pills in them. You managed to retrieve the items without getting more blood on your hands.

"Thank you," he said, taking the bottle and using it to scrub his hands and exposed parts that might have gotten any blood on them thoroughly before handing it back to her. He didn't seem to wish to intrude on the interrogation that had begun, but moved so he could keep a lookout on the bound Nephandi and those in the room as well as those in the outer chamber.

Andy nodded and put the bottle of hand wash back into her pocket as she worked on healing her own arms. For now everything seamed quiet though there was a somewhat dampened mood as the information about how close you had all come to death was spread among the group, some of the magi looked rather nervous. Hayden started ordering the others around, setting up watch groups and trying to give everyone something to do so no one would think about how close they had come to meeting a firey end.

(OOC: On my way home from gaming today I saw a little dog out walking his human that was of the same breed as your dog Strife, he was adorable and he to was smiling.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:50 pm

"That is a fair point. My Mentor told me once that if I needed to control another mage, take their hands out of the picture, I mean I do not use hand gestures but I carve runes and use herbs and plants I need my hands to do that. Most Virtual Adepts needs hands to type on their machines, an Etherite need his hands to build his contraptions most of us use our hands in some way or another, not all off course, but most." Andy said and nodded then she looked down at the prisoner's bound fingers.
"Still...there is a guy at my Chantry who have scars from such bindings up his fingers, I would not want to experience it though there are far worse things."

"It's not something done lightly," he agreed. "The hands are another way to speak the languages of magick."

"Yeah well this place sort of have that effect now don't it, there are exclamations to be made over all the fucked up bullshit we find down here, sweet mother if I ever get it into my head to become a Nephandus immediately shoot me dead."
The Verbena muttered and shook her head as she worked.

"I never wish to test that, but I get the sentiment." He began taking the items and tools, cleaning the phone if it looked bloody or wrapping it before looking for the Virtual Adept that had been assisting them. When he got to the seal he scowled. "Not sure I want to know who this calls, but it might mean he has investments, let us know if you see any ritualistic scaring or marks," he said to Andy and the others. "Anyone recognize this glyph?" he said, offering it to view to the other Hermetics. "He's got some kind of pills too and these beads might be tass or enchanted...need to check."

Andy nodded and put the bottle of hand wash back into her pocket as she worked on healing her own arms. For now everything seamed quiet though there was a somewhat dampened mood as the information about how close you had all come to death was spread among the group, some of the magi looked rather nervous. Hayden started ordering the others around, setting up watch groups and trying to give everyone something to do so no one would think about how close they had come to meeting a firey end.

He nodded to himself, watching as Hayden kept everyone busy.

// awww, lol I like how you say the dog was walking his human xD feels that way sometimes.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:12 pm

"It's not something done lightly," he agreed. "The hands are another way to speak the languages of magick."

Andy looked down at her down blood covered hands that so nimbly handled her ritual dagger.
"Yes...yes they are."
She agreed.
"Well at least such bindings do not do permanent damage to a prisoner."

"I never wish to test that, but I get the sentiment."

The Verbena grimaced.
"Yeah I hope to never get such a temptation."

He began taking the items and tools, cleaning the phone if it looked bloody or wrapping it before looking for the Virtual Adept that had been assisting them.

The phone was not bloody, you found Zach he did not stand to far away glancing at what was happening with a bit worried eyes the knowledge of how close you had all been to death had spooked him as well.

When he got to the seal he scowled. "Not sure I want to know who this calls, but it might mean he has investments, let us know if you see any ritualistic scaring or marks," he said to Andy and the others.

"I can feel if he have scar, though it gets a bit you know personal since it involves feeling how the life patterns of his skin are formed, I should be able to sense any blockages that can signity scars or markings by that."
Andy offered.
"Once I am done healing him that is."

"Anyone recognize this glyph?" he said, offering it to view to the other Hermetics.

Crexia looked at the sigil and frowned.
"I do in fact. I am not sure who it calls but I have seen a similar was seal in the possession of a infernalist living at our Chantry, not a Nephandus off course but an infernalist non the less there is a difference and trust me I am not happy he is there, anyway he owns a glyph like that."
The archmage said as she looked at the wax carving she did not look best pleased.

"He's got some kind of pills too and these beads might be tass or enchanted...need to check.

Crexia nodded she made a simple gesture and looked at the beads and the pills.
"Hum...the beads are not Tass but they have enough of our new friend's Resonance around them to indicate that they are used as a tool...the pills have no magick on them at all, I suspect he might be taking them for some medical condition on another."

(OOC: Well it did look like that the owner was trying to get the dog to come along but he was far to busy playing with a fallen lead he had found under a bush, I mean sure you want to get out of the rain but there is a funny leaf here that needs to be played with immediately.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:57 pm

Crexia raised an eyebrow.
"Well I do appreciate the offer perhaps my love would like those books I find I often do not have the time for fiction though."
Colin grinned, eyes twinkling, "Are you seriously telling me a Master of the Art can't make time for some light reading?"

"Well there are always more things to learn."
The archmage said and nodded.
"Just make sure you are very careful with this particular topic of research young man."
She warned.
He nodded, "I know where to start - interviews. Practical experimentation... Perhaps if I made a solid bargain I felt I could trust with a Fey or Spirit of some sort - though I wouldn't bet money on that happening."

Udella raised an eyebrow at that since you had been sent into your Cabalmate's mind not ten minutes ago.
He gave Udella a sheepish smile, "I should have specified 'unaided'. There are things we respectively just haven't shown any talent for, as far as I know."

"It is better the Labyrinth and all in it, friend and foe die than it falling into enemy hands and this way I would have taken out a good number of Traditionalists while at the same time making sure not more of our Avatars gets destroyed if we should get captured."
The Nephandus said.
"No Fallen would hesitate to choose dead over being captured by the Traditions and I do realize me saying that in my current predicament is a bit...ironic."
He said and glanced up at you.
"So you where the one who defused the ball that went to Boston Umbral docks...you are a quite irritating man it seams, that tea you tossed at me non withstanding."
He grumbled.
He frowned, "So you came to blow us all up on your own initiative rather than Abigail's orders, then? And it's hardly ironic - it's not as though we gave you much of a choice in the matter, is it?"
He smiled, "Irritating... Yes, I get that a lot. I will admit, though, I was hardly alone; there was one Master with me. And no, he didn't come down with a case of Jhor, either. So, was the one in Boston perhaps your handiwork, then? Because I have to commend the craftsmanship, even if draining the damned thing was utterly disgusting."

The Nephandus paled a little.
"I see...ehm...I guess I should be grateful for the stone then."
He muttered.
He nodded, "You're welcome."

The prisoner looked up at you and grinned slightly.
"Bite me!"
He replied and did not seam like he intended to be to cooperative.
He sighed, then paused for a moment and crouched down beside the Nephandus, just out of reach of a potential desperate swing of the stone cuff, "My good man, let me tell you two stories. Once upon a time, here was a vampire who helped build this very Labyrinth, back around the end of the Second World War. You might know of her, you might even know her, I don't know, but shortly after she worked here, she was captured by the Traditions and used by rather unscrupulous and utterly uncaring Mages as a glorified lab rat. After being staked and experimented on, she was quite mentally unhinged when we found her and brought her to the present base of operations."
He fished up the thermos from his pocket, "A bit more recently, there was a young Hermetic called Mattea Carlyle, who was unfortunately made to watch the righteous gilgul of her Mentor after he had taken part in a horrible crime. She vowed the same fate would never befall her, and ran off to join the Nephandi, and made a deal with a dreadful being to have her Avatar merged with a lesser spirit, so that it could fight for her, and protect her and itself against any who might pose a threat. Taking her on in a straight up fight would be suicide, so we had to make a few contingency plans to deal with her. The absolutely last resort was this thermos; knowing enough of what it does to an Avatar, I procured a quantity of vampire blood, so that if our Spirit Masters were unable to deal with miss Carlyle's Avatar, I would do the worst thing conceivable and kill her, and pour the blood into her mouth as she lay dying. I am exceedingly glad we were able to avoid that outcome with miss Carlyle, as I had quite a bit of sympathy for her; she's more the victim than anything else."
He pulled out a pistol and held it up next to the thermos, "Now, keeping in mind what was done to a vampire nobody cared about for seventy years, and considering that you have already earned our genuine dislike, in particular for being a Fallen Hermetic who has apparently ingested some vampire blood already by the looks of it... would you perhaps reconsider your position?"

((OOC: Assuming Manipulation+Intimidation is the proper roll here (can't see what else it would be), the roll comes to: 2,3,6,7. The sincerely abhorred faces of the people around might lend some further credibility to the statement. Razz ))

((OOC2: No, Colin doesn't *want* to do it, but it is certainly a horrible, horrible possibility, and Colin doesn't bluff about these things.))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:27 am

"Oh I do many horrible things Mr Karyak but there are lines I try not to cross. I have employed torture before, but I do not do such a thing easy, we need to be careful that war do not become an excuse to become monsters."
I understand perfectly. It's sad how we can't find a way to win. Either way, nephandi win, poisoning our mind and souls.

There are always lines we do not cross. In my case, it's other kind of thing, but we all must find our own code. If it helps you, call me if there is something you decide that has to be done and don't want to.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:05 am

Colin grinned, eyes twinkling, "Are you seriously telling me a Master of the Art can't make time for some light reading?"

"I can but I am not so sure making the time would be worth the Paradox."
Crexia said with a wry grin.

He nodded, "I know where to start - interviews. Practical experimentation... Perhaps if I made a solid bargain I felt I could trust with a Fey or Spirit of some sort - though I wouldn't bet money on that happening."

"Oh it could happen definitively however one of the things you need to keep in mind is how alien fay and spirits are from us, it is not that they are not trustworthy it is that what they consider a solid deal might not be the same as you."
The old archmage said and nodded.
"So just be careful."

He gave Udella a sheepish smile, "I should have specified 'unaided'. There are things we respectively just haven't shown any talent for, as far as I know."

Udella nodded at that.
"True enough young man, true enough."

He frowned, "So you came to blow us all up on your own initiative rather than Abigail's orders, then? And it's hardly ironic - it's not as though we gave you much of a choice in the matter, is it?"

The Nephandus did not reply he just looked at you evenly.

He smiled, "Irritating... Yes, I get that a lot. I will admit, though, I was hardly alone; there was one Master with me. And no, he didn't come down with a case of Jhor, either. So, was the one in Boston perhaps your handiwork, then? Because I have to commend the craftsmanship, even if draining the damned thing was utterly disgusting."

"I set the rote that was sent to Boston up yes I have to admit some pride in the matter, changing the usual rote into something that can be moved and carried was not an easy task."
The prisoner said with a small grin.
"Well i guess that is good for your Master friend then, Jhor kind of sucks."

He nodded, "You're welcome."

The prisoner just nodded at that.

He sighed, then paused for a moment and crouched down beside the Nephandus, just out of reach of a potential desperate swing of the stone cuff, "My good man, let me tell you two stories. Once upon a time, here was a vampire who helped build this very Labyrinth, back around the end of the Second World War. You might know of her, you might even know her, I don't know, but shortly after she worked here, she was captured by the Traditions and used by rather unscrupulous and utterly uncaring Mages as a glorified lab rat. After being staked and experimented on, she was quite mentally unhinged when we found her and brought her to the present base of operations."

"I know of this creature yes, so she is alive hum...while her fate is surely a tragic one Traditionalist what do that story have to do with me?"
The Fallen Hermetic ask and gave you a questioning look.

He fished up the thermos from his pocket, "A bit more recently, there was a young Hermetic called Mattea Carlyle, who was unfortunately made to watch the righteous gilgul of her Mentor after he had taken part in a horrible crime. She vowed the same fate would never befall her, and ran off to join the Nephandi, and made a deal with a dreadful being to have her Avatar merged with a lesser spirit, so that it could fight for her, and protect her and itself against any who might pose a threat. Taking her on in a straight up fight would be suicide, so we had to make a few contingency plans to deal with her. The absolutely last resort was this thermos; knowing enough of what it does to an Avatar, I procured a quantity of vampire blood, so that if our Spirit Masters were unable to deal with miss Carlyle's Avatar, I would do the worst thing conceivable and kill her, and pour the blood into her mouth as she lay dying. I am exceedingly glad we were able to avoid that outcome with miss Carlyle, as I had quite a bit of sympathy for her; she's more the victim than anything else."

The prisoner gave you a quite fearful look and paled when he was starting to realize what exactly it was that you where saying.

He pulled out a pistol and held it up next to the thermos, "Now, keeping in mind what was done to a vampire nobody cared about for seventy years, and considering that you have already earned our genuine dislike, in particular for being a Fallen Hermetic who has apparently ingested some vampire blood already by the looks of it... would you perhaps reconsider your position?"

The prisoner looked up at you for a moment, genuine horror in his dark blue eyes he looked around at the shocked faced around you. Udella looked like she was about to protest. Andy looked like she was considering interfering. Crexia gave you a stoic look. Zach just looked white as a sheet and Adjan looked like if he had eaten something very sour. The Nephandus swallowed hard several time and started shivering, he looked at that thermos and shook his head.
"B...but you can't."
He whimpered and closed his eyes.
"I...I..."
He begun unsure of himself then he drew a deep breath.
"I can't say anything I remain loyal...this Labyrinth is finished I am well aware of that but perhaps the Gilledian can escape or at least take as many of you lot with her as possible when she go...I will say nothing, you can do whatever you please to me I will say nothing."
He managed with conviction but he was shivering with fear and eying that thermos with a near panicked expression.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:09 am

I understand perfectly. It's sad how we can't find a way to win. Either way, nephandi win, poisoning our mind and souls.

"Yeah that is the problem with this damned war."
Jeffry agreed his expression rather glum.

There are always lines we do not cross. In my case, it's other kind of thing, but we all must find our own code. If it helps you, call me if there is something you decide that has to be done and don't want to.

"Than you for the offer Mr Karyak but if I decide this man must be tortured to get the information he have, i will be the one doing it, I will not order such treatment of a prisoner and not have the guts to do the deed myself, but I will need a chaperone to make sure that I do not go to far during the interrogation, it is easy to be swept up in anger and what begun as what had to be done turn into simple abuse, I do not want that, the few times I have had to do such things, I never do them alone."
He said darkly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:46 am

"Oh it could happen definitively however one of the things you need to keep in mind is how alien fay and spirits are from us, it is not that they are not trustworthy it is that what they consider a solid deal might not be the same as you."
The old archmage said and nodded.
"So just be careful."
Colin nodded, "And that difference in mentality is precisely why I would not bet money on finding a deal I would trust that much."

"I set the rote that was sent to Boston up yes I have to admit some pride in the matter, changing the usual rote into something that can be moved and carried was not an easy task."
The prisoner said with a small grin.
"Well i guess that is good for your Master friend then, Jhor kind of sucks."
He nodded, "Fortunately, it seems the days when a Master would have to expose themselves to the risk of that to get rid of corrupted Quintessence are coming to an end. That... is my handiwork."

"I know of this creature yes, so she is alive hum...while her fate is surely a tragic one Traditionalist what do that story have to do with me?"
The Fallen Hermetic ask and gave you a questioning look.
Colin smiled enigmatically.

The prisoner looked up at you for a moment, genuine horror in his dark blue eyes he looked around at the shocked faced around you. Udella looked like she was about to protest. Andy looked like she was considering interfering. Crexia gave you a stoic look. Zach just looked white as a sheet and Adjan looked like if he had eaten something very sour. The Nephandus swallowed hard several time and started shivering, he looked at that thermos and shook his head.
"B...but you can't."
He whimpered and closed his eyes.
"I...I..."
He begun unsure of himself then he drew a deep breath.
"I can't say anything I remain loyal...this Labyrinth is finished I am well aware of that but perhaps the Gilledian can escape or at least take as many of you lot with her as possible when she go...I will say nothing, you can do whatever you please to me I will say nothing."
He managed with conviction but he was shivering with fear and eying that thermos with a near panicked expression.
He fixed the Nephandus with a steely gaze, "I can... I don't wish to do so, I shall admit, but what I want to do is subject to the needs of the service. Abigail will not have the luxury of escape, even through death; unlike miss Carlyle, even unlike you, I will actually not have any problems with condemning her to that fate if we can't capture her alive. She and Larson... have gone too far. For them, the time for mercy and restraint is over. For you..."
He rose to his feet and pocketed the thermos again, "I'm going to ask again, did Abigail send you here to blow the place up, or did you try that on your own initiative?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:08 am

"If I had to learn a thing to help you, or ask for help, of course I would do so," he agreed with a nod.

"Oh it could happen definitively however one of the things you need to keep in mind is how alien fay and spirits are from us, it is not that they are not trustworthy it is that what they consider a solid deal might not be the same as you." The old archmage said and nodded. "So just be careful."

"I think he got an object lesson about that just earlier."

The Verbena grimaced. "Yeah I hope to never get such a temptation."

"Keep hope and love alive and you'll be a step or more away from it at all times." Looking up towards Zach, he offered out the man's phone. "Would you mind having a look on there please for anything useful, as you did with the other phones?"

"I can feel if he have scar, though it gets a bit you know personal since it involves feeling how the life patterns of his skin are formed, I should be able to sense any blockages that can signity scars or markings by that." Andy offered. "Once I am done healing him that is."

"If we're going to take him in, we might need to do that in order to transport him safely into custody..."

Crexia looked at the sigil and frowned. "I do in fact. I am not sure who it calls but I have seen a similar was seal in the possession of a infernalist living at our Chantry, not a Nephandus off course but an infernalist non the less there is a difference and trust me I am not happy he is there, anyway he owns a glyph like that... she made a simple gesture and looked at the beads and the pills. "Hum...the beads are not Tass but they have enough of our new friend's Resonance around them to indicate that they are used as a tool...the pills have no magick on them at all, I suspect he might be taking them for some medical condition on another."

"Figured it wouldn't be anyone I wanted to talk to or meet," he said, regarding the sigil. "So, not only Fallen Hermetic barrabus, but corrupted by vampire's blood and consorting with demons." He bundled it up with the rest of the items. "What should I do with these?"

He sighed, then paused for a moment and crouched down beside the Nephandus, just out of reach of a potential desperate swing of the stone cuff, "My good man, let me tell you two stories....Now, keeping in mind what was done to a vampire nobody cared about for seventy years, and considering that you have already earned our genuine dislike, in particular for being a Fallen Hermetic who has apparently ingested some vampire blood already by the looks of it... would you perhaps reconsider your position?"
The prisoner looked up at you for a moment, genuine horror in his dark blue eyes he looked around at the shocked faced around you. Udella looked like she was about to protest. Andy looked like she was considering interfering. Crexia gave you a stoic look. Zach just looked white as a sheet and Adjan looked like if he had eaten something very sour. The Nephandus swallowed hard several time and started shivering, he looked at that thermos and shook his head. "B...but you can't." He whimpered and closed his eyes. "I...I..." He begun unsure of himself then he drew a deep breath. "I can't say anything I remain loyal...this Labyrinth is finished I am well aware of that but perhaps the Gilledian can escape or at least take as many of you lot with her as possible when she go...I will say nothing, you can do whatever you please to me I will say nothing."

Adley felt his heart start to hammer in his chest as Colin, still talking as if he were discussing something perfectly ordinary, removed the thermos and threatened the prisoner with it right before his eyes. His heartbeat sounded like 'no' echoing in his ears. His face tightened and his eyes first looked distant, then cold and then fury bloomed in his expression without him so much as moving an inch. The hand that was holding his pistol grip went white-knuckled. His attention went from the terrified barrabus to Colin, a severe frown on his face and a disapproving glare to match it.

He fixed the Nephandus with a steely gaze, "I can... I don't wish to do so, I shall admit, but what I want to do is subject to the needs of the service. Abigail will not have the luxury of escape, even through death; unlike miss Carlyle, even unlike you, I will actually not have any problems with condemning her to that fate if we can't capture her alive. She and Larson... have gone too far. For them, the time for mercy and restraint is over. For you..." He rose to his feet and pocketed the thermos again, "I'm going to ask again, did Abigail send you here to blow the place up, or did you try that on your own initiative?"

His eyes narrowed as he watched the exchange unfold, the thermos put away again. He forced himself to pay attention not just on what was happening there, but in their vicinity in case someone else tried to get a drop on them again. To not interfere, at least not yet.

// hey that leaf might have been -just- the right spot to leave a p-mail xD
re: Colin busting out the blood nuke: More emotional whiplash! >. <
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:52 am

Colin nodded, "And that difference in mentality is precisely why I would not bet money on finding a deal I would trust that much."

Crexia nodded at that.
"I see, well in time perhaps you will learn enough about them that such a deal can be made safely."

He nodded, "Fortunately, it seems the days when a Master would have to expose themselves to the risk of that to get rid of corrupted Quintessence are coming to an end. That... is my handiwork."

"Interesting, I would ask if you have created a new spell to use for such thing but I suspect it would be a waste of time to ask you to tell me anything."
The prisoner said and glanced up at you but he was interested a burning desire for knowledge was in his eyes.

Colin smiled enigmatically.

The Nephandus looked rather confused.

He fixed the Nephandus with a steely gaze, "I can... I don't wish to do so, I shall admit, but what I want to do is subject to the needs of the service. Abigail will not have the luxury of escape, even through death; unlike miss Carlyle, even unlike you, I will actually not have any problems with condemning her to that fate if we can't capture her alive. She and Larson... have gone too far. For them, the time for mercy and restraint is over. For you..."

"Your plan is to turn the Lady of the Labyrinth into a vampire?"
The prisoner asked he sounded quite shocked.
"Well if you get close enough perhaps she is not as good as I think, but I doubt that you will, go ahead then Traditionalist, do your worst."
He said but he sounded rather uncertain and terrified swallowing hard again.

He rose to his feet and pocketed the thermos again, "I'm going to ask again, did Abigail send you here to blow the place up, or did you try that on your own initiative?"

"I...have nothing to say..."
The Fallen Hermetic said softly, he gave you a pleading, fearful look though he was clearly terrified but he was also completely loyal to Abigail and her cause and willing to suffer for it.

"I think he got an object lesson about that just earlier."

"So he did, so he did..."
Crexia agreed with a wry smile.

"Keep hope and love alive and you'll be a step or more away from it at all times." Looking up towards Zach, he offered out the man's phone. "Would you mind having a look on there please for anything useful, as you did with the other phones?"

Andy nodded at that.
"Yeah I suppose you are right about that."
Zach took the phone and started looking through it.
"Well there is not allot here, there are ebooks on the occult, ancient history and linguistics. There ae a few contacts including some we have seen before I am saving those, all messages are deleted but I will copy the content so I can try to retrieve those later."
The Virtual Adept said as he looked though the phone.

"If we're going to take him in, we might need to do that in order to transport him safely into custody..."

"I will take care of it."
Andy said and once the man was healed, before he woke up she sliced her own finger open and begun to draw symbols over the man's skin, after a while she said.
"There are some scars I am sure are from combat, bullets, a old knife wound, at some point in time he have been whipped badly and healed but some of it is left, he have broken his left arm once and it have been magically healed, his left big toe once and that was left to heal on it's own, he have two tattoos, there are off course all the smaller little nicks one would expect from just living and that is about that."

"Figured it wouldn't be anyone I wanted to talk to or meet," he said, regarding the sigil. "So, not only Fallen Hermetic barrabus, but corrupted by vampire's blood and consorting with demons." He bundled it up with the rest of the items. "What should I do with these?"

Crexia glanced at the prisoner.
"It makes me wonder what part of the Code he have not broken."
She muttered.
"The Quesitors will have a field day with this one."
Then she looked at the man's tools.
"Burn them."
She said and that earned her a rather sullen look from the prisoner, he did not want his foci burned and was not happy.

Adley felt his heart start to hammer in his chest as Colin, still talking as if he were discussing something perfectly ordinary, removed the thermos and threatened the prisoner with it right before his eyes. His heartbeat sounded like 'no' echoing in his ears. His face tightened and his eyes first looked distant, then cold and then fury bloomed in his expression without him so much as moving an inch. The hand that was holding his pistol grip went white-knuckled. His attention went from the terrified barrabus to Colin, a severe frown on his face and a disapproving glare to match it.

You could feel your Avatar draw further into your soul and shift nervously at the sight of that thermos and at hearing the threats around it, you felt both anger, sadness and fear from her, she thought of Carmon, or perhaps you thought of Carmon because of her emotions, of the glorious splint of creation that had been his Gift and which now was gone because of such blood, Einje would have seen a horror when House Tremere fell, so many magi condemned to vampirism, but the fire angle had seen the death of so many of her own kind, you do not know if it was from her or your own thoughts but you saw a field of shattered, perfectly colored glass and saw her weeping over that field...well if she had such emotions perhaps they where yours, she was a perfect being from a higher plane perhaps she did not know fear, rage or grief, but while with a host she did and vampire blood had caused so much suffering and now she drew away from it into the deepest part of your soul where she felt safe.

His eyes narrowed as he watched the exchange unfold, the thermos put away again. He forced himself to pay attention not just on what was happening there, but in their vicinity in case someone else tried to get a drop on them again. To not interfere, at least not yet.

Everything was quiet for now at least, Hayden seamed to have things well in hand with lookouts.

(OOC: Well that leaf had to have been perfect for the little dog was smiling and looked so happy while he made his human wait.)

(OOC: Well several of the books indicate Avatars react badly to being around when those of their own kind are destroyed and as Einje was alive at the time of House Tremere's fall Adley's Avatar would have seen it all, and she is a little nervous, deep into his soul she go where she is the most protected.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top