The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:33 pm

"There are always things to learn - only if there is an existence to participate in. I wish that you'd listened to your avatar."

"Well yes I guess there will be nothing more to learn when there are no existence and that will be...a shame in an off itself but..."
The Nephandus said he gave you a confused look.

"I correct myself, there is a part of your soul that's been twisted that wants that but didn't before it went into that caul. It seems that you, however, still hold some things important. Doesn't it seem odd to you that an external influence from something so corrupted is the path to your newfound unenlightenment? Worse than Technocratic brainwashing."

"I ehm...I...but..."
The prisoner said he was beginning to sound rather distressed and he did not like the soft spots you where poking at.
"It is still my Avatar it is not external she is a part of me, a part of my soul I can feel her there looking at you."
He protested.
"My path is different than it was I am not brainwashed...I am not!"

"I don't recommend the torture," he said, flatly.

"Very few recommend torture Traditionalist and I certainly have no desire for it but it seam to be out of my hands."

"What have the Nephandi done for you but lead you to further acts you did not do, and twist your arm by holding over you the threat of throwing you to the law if you didn't do what she wanted? Are you really so committed to Abigail that you can overlook she nearly send you and everyone here to Oblivion? Do you think she would stand with you to see that end?" He waited to see if he had anything to say to that, that might shift his opinion.

The Fallen Hermetic sigh.
"I do not know if she would have fled or gone down with the rest of us and I certainly is not happy with what the Lady have done regarding that portal you spoke of, that is a betrayal but she is the Lady of the Labyrinth it is her right."
He shook his head for a moment.
"You speak like my old Mentor and what are you, hardly thirty? You are asking me to give up things I need to be true and right not to hate myself Traditionalist. I need to be on the right path, I need all that I have done to have meaning giving that up and looking at myself as the man I once was would be far more painful than any torture your leader here could inflict on me. I want Oblivion, not the realm but non existence I want it badly everyone who have been through the Caul do but beyond that it is not about the Lady herself it is that I need to be loyal for if what I have done is not right...I could not live with that..."

He glanced over at Rosario and then took the bullets from the spare he got from the basket out of the magazine and down.

Rosario did not look at you she was lost in her trance and she just steadily worked enchanting clip after clip as she slightly swayed where she sat on the glass floor, seemingly not seeing the world around her, but she would get to your ammunition soon enough.

Then he put out a hand to a space that seemed a bit away from the wall but not too exposed and so he could be aware of what was around him in the event something happened. "I think over here," he said. "Let me know when you are ready to begin," he said, raising his hands in order to start working again when she gave her agreement.

Care smiled a little nervously but she got over to the spot you indicated and nodded her head.
"Ready."
She said. Working on protecting the young Criamon's imprints again felt relaxing and almost intoxicating, you could feel the power and beauty of her Avatar it was old and wise, it was what your sister's soul had been, what it perhaps could one day be again, a perfect Primordial soul, a ancient snake and spiraled around Cara's skin elegantly, touching it felt like touching the purest of Quintessence and it made your own Avatar relax while at the same time she felt protective of the old serpent and his young host you felt a little bit of your fatigue draining off though the ache in every part of your body from having to little life force to sustain you remained you still felt a little better. You where pretty sure your Avatar said something to the ancient serpent and he responded as they met though your spell but what was said you where not privi to and the communication was not something as simple as words. Your working seamed to go fairly well and you managed to reinforce the kinetic shields that protected the precious Imprints from harm. Cara gasped from the sensation of having someone's magick touch her Avatar, it was a meeting of two souls after all literary but she nodded and said.
"Thank you Sodalis."

(OOC: That should do it, also Adley regains a willpower point from his Avatar being soothed by the presence of another soul that are so similar to how her companion used to be. Also Adley is confusing the Nephandus. Razz )
avatar
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Posts : 7167
Join date : 2015-05-22
Age : 35
Location : Sotra (Norway)

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Warpmind on Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:49 pm

Andy seamed a bit amused at that.
"True enough the Nephandi have a rather...interesting taste in wall decorations."
Colin snorted, "I was told a chap called... I think it was Violator of Rats... had an unfortunate and fatal encounter with vagina dentata in the wall."

"You can't use that stuff for your personal stores, so of course you should have a share."
He nodded, "Indeed I can't, and I appreciate it - it might be less crucial for me, but that doesn't mean it's unwanted."

Udella looked at you.
"A wise enough final solution to hang onto I pray it will not be needed though, but yes we can not let Abigail's tainted soul to escape and begin this nightmare anew in her next life."
She said darkly.
"I do fear how the donor will react if the worst where to happen though, I suspect I know who donated the blood and she is such a delicate soul, she would be devastated. It is perhaps best if she is never told. Not that I like keeping such secrets from anyone it is not right but it might be kinder."
He nodded, "No good would come of letting her know... She is under the impression we got it as a sympathetic element in case of vampiric wards around here. I'd hate to see her find out it was used for... something else. Far better if it ends up incinerated and magically inert."

Udella looked at you for some time before she replied.
"Well showing sympathy for the Fallen is not illegal, we can not let them escape and there is only one end for those who are captured other than in some very rare circumstances as will you new apprentice, showing a bit of kindness and sympathy though that is a good thing I think."
The old Quesitor said then she sigh.
"As for Abigail...she is a horror, I do not feel the same as you but I understand why you feel this way young man, and I agree she will not escape her days are numbered and she will be made to answer for her actions."
He smiled wryly, "No, I suppose it's not illegal, but then again, I guess there are Quaesitors who are far more lynch-happy than you... and though incarnations have come and gone, a part of me feels she deliberately harmed my family - and that... that means I will see her dragged before the Council, undead or alive."

"You are probably right that I am overly cautious young man but let a silly old woman take her precautions."
The old Guernicus said kindly as she walked out with the items to burn.
"For all you know I might just enough stretching my magickal muscles as it where while I have the chance."
She added with a but of a wry grin.
"Remember I am still Italian we have a fire in our soul."
He grinned, "And that fire is one of compassion; one of the noblest. It's good that it hasn't diminished since you took my case..."
His grin stiffened for a moment, and he glanced around to make sure no one else had listened in, "In any case, I should check on that Node while there's a brief interlude..."

Leon nodded and lowered his voice.
"Let us say it like this some old dudes from my Tradition tried to hurt her Orphan lover once...after the Lady sat them down for a talk, she never laid a finger on them or used magick she just talked with them...neither of them have been seen in Chicago since and when they left they where white as sheets."
The Jerbiton said a bit wide eyed.
"I would not fuck with that woman..."
He grinned, "Politically, she strikes me as a centrist - ensuring her own foundations are unassailable before extending her reach. After well over a thousand years, her power may not be far-reaching, but it goes deep. Your senior Tradition mates should most certainly pay attention to the First Protocol; the good lady would probably have little trouble bludgeoning them with that one alone..."

"Keeping our eyes open and Prime scanning everything, got it."
Leon said and nodded.
"Well I should round up some of the others and get going then...unless there where anything else?"
He asked as he turned to go and get some of the others and head out on operation feed the traumatized Nephandus.
He shook his head, "No, just... be very careful. Oh, and do take note if there is anything enchanted - might be worth a closer look if there's time in the aftermath."

He sighed and, as Leon headed off with a posse, turned around the corner to look toward the blazing Node... and pondered, trying to figure out how to create a shield against magic that could be called up at will. Eventually, he started preparing one he could hold at the ready for a while; a simple enough magical reflector, envisioned as a tower shield to hide behind, rather than a small target shield, "Scutum magia repercutio..."

((OOC: So, basically Prime 2 to make a shield that sucks up spells and bounces the magic power back. Arete rolls: 3,4,7 - 2,2,3 - 3,9,0 - 2,3,4 - 3,9,0 - 3,4,0... that makes six successes, cap for improvised work. A one-off instantaneous shield that Colin can fire off once something hostile comes his way, instead of trying to counter on the fly. But if I recall the rules correctly, he's stuck holding that spell until it's used or dismissed before he can cast anything else? ))

avatar
Warpmind

Posts : 3911
Join date : 2015-05-22
Age : 37
Location : Knarvik, Norway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:29 pm

Colin snorted, "I was told a chap called... I think it was Violator of Rats... had an unfortunate and fatal encounter with vagina dentata in the wall."

"I see, well I am sure it could not have happened to a nicer guy and also it was bound to happen sooner or later someone was bound to have to try to have sex with the walls..."
Andy said and raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "No good would come of letting her know... She is under the impression we got it as a sympathetic element in case of vampiric wards around here. I'd hate to see her find out it was used for... something else. Far better if it ends up incinerated and magically inert."

"I agree if at all possible she should not be let know what her blood was intended used for, however if it's use become needed I have heard that Massassa, or at least some of them can feel their offspring so we might not be able to keep it from her and I fear how much damage that knowledge will do to her, to say it like that if she find out I would start carrying around something sharp made of wood if I where you young man in case she loose control the next time she sees you."
Udella warned sadly.

He smiled wryly, "No, I suppose it's not illegal, but then again, I guess there are Quaesitors who are far more lynch-happy than you... and though incarnations have come and gone, a part of me feels she deliberately harmed my family - and that... that means I will see her dragged before the Council, undead or alive."

The old Quesitor sigh.
"Yes many are however even for the lynch happy, they can not stretch conspire not with the enemies of Asencion to mean giving a blanket to a prisoner or spending a bit of time with them to calm their fears."
She said softly then she looked at you and nodded.
"You must do what you must old friend...but also be ready to face the consequences of those actions...like always."
She said in a hushed tone of voice and gently put a old hand on your arm and patted it, you remember that gesture...Mia remembered it, a small kindness shown towards a doomed being or a gentle encouragement both.

He grinned, "And that fire is one of compassion; one of the noblest. It's good that it hasn't diminished since you took my case..."
His grin stiffened for a moment, and he glanced around to make sure no one else had listened in, "In any case, I should check on that Node while there's a brief interlude..."

Udella's eyes widened and she glanced around as well but there did not appear like anyone had heard what you said she gave you a warning look before she nodded.
"Yes checking on the Node might be wise."
She said and said nothing about what you had said earlier.

He grinned, "Politically, she strikes me as a centrist - ensuring her own foundations are unassailable before extending her reach. After well over a thousand years, her power may not be far-reaching, but it goes deep. Your senior Tradition mates should most certainly pay attention to the First Protocol; the good lady would probably have little trouble bludgeoning them with that one alone..."

Leon nodded and glanced at that closed door.
"Yes she...likes to stand behind those who sit in seats of power but at times I think her word mean more when she decide it is time to use her power. She is effectively one of the leaders of two Chantries though hold officially no rank in either of them other than as an advisor since she have the title of Quesitor and then can not hold formal positions of leadership."
Leon explained then he added.
"Ah short explanation, House Guernicus train their apprentices to be judges and most get the title Quesitor but just like not all Guernicus magi are Quesitori not all Quesitori are Guernicus, some come from other Houses and still hold the rank."
The Jerbiton said.
"It is customary to have at least one Quesitor member of each Hermetic House. Anyway yes she could have slapped those older Hermetics rather hard legally but she choose to let them go and they know it, they knew she could squash them as bugs and choose not to, so they left humiliated."
He muttered and glanced at you.
"Never make an enemy of that Lady that is my advice."

He shook his head, "No, just... be very careful. Oh, and do take note if there is anything enchanted - might be worth a closer look if there's time in the aftermath."

Leon nodded at that.
"Will do."
Before he left to find some more volunteers.

He sighed and, as Leon headed off with a posse, turned around the corner to look toward the blazing Node... and pondered, trying to figure out how to create a shield against magic that could be called up at will. Eventually, he started preparing one he could hold at the ready for a while; a simple enough magical reflector, envisioned as a tower shield to hide behind, rather than a small target shield, "Scutum magia repercutio..."

The Node was still a disgusting black, tar like magical inferno and probably would stay that way for a while, it burned as ehm...brightly...as it had done when last you had seen it. At least Abigail would not be getting any Tass from it for a good long while.

You work on your rote at least the magick was responding well this close to the corrupted Node though even working her felt...wrong, you got your shield going though you had to spend some effort keeping the spell at the ready and your Avatar was constantly working with a trickle of Quintessence to keep it going until needed. You got a mental image of Mia sitting with a spindle, slowly churning out glowing strands of yarn to be knitted into your spell.

(OOC: If you have read Wheel of Time I see it about exactly the same as what they do when they hold a weave rather than tying it off. As for Mage well second edition had rules for casting and maintaining several spells at once if it becomes an issue and I can not find the same rules in M20 I will find the book and check those out you can hold more than one but it is allot and I mean allot more difficult. Well Mia get to work a bit at least.)

avatar
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Posts : 7167
Join date : 2015-05-22
Age : 35
Location : Sotra (Norway)

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Warpmind on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:53 pm

"I see, well I am sure it could not have happened to a nicer guy and also it was bound to happen sooner or later someone was bound to have to try to have sex with the walls..."
Andy said and raised an eyebrow.
Colin grimaced, "There was also the phone we confiscated from one of the Fallen ladies. The background picture showed a very... anatomical piece of wall she apparently had a fondness for. Humans will be humans, I suppose; the Fallen just have fewer restraints than the rest of us..."

"I agree if at all possible she should not be let know what her blood was intended used for, however if it's use become needed I have heard that Massassa, or at least some of them can feel their offspring so we might not be able to keep it from her and I fear how much damage that knowledge will do to her, to say it like that if she find out I would start carrying around something sharp made of wood if I where you young man in case she loose control the next time she sees you."
Udella warned sadly.
He frowned, "Indeed, it's an unpleasant prospect for every reason... acquiring a sample from the captured Nosferatu might be more... well, at least less deceptive and unethical in that one respect, but then again, taking a quantity from a confused and insane prisoner incapable of informed consent is... a different ethical wrongdoing..."

The old Quesitor sigh.
"Yes many are however even for the lynch happy, they can not stretch conspire not with the enemies of Asencion to mean giving a blanket to a prisoner or spending a bit of time with them to calm their fears."
She said softly then she looked at you and nodded.
"You must do what you must old friend...but also be ready to face the consequences of those actions...like always."
She said in a hushed tone of voice and gently put a old hand on your arm and patted it, you remember that gesture...Mia remembered it, a small kindness shown towards a doomed being or a gentle encouragement both.
He smiled warmly and laid a hand gently over Udella's, "Like always... If I can soften the consequences, of course, then I will do so... For others first, if at all possible..."

Udella's eyes widened and she glanced around as well but there did not appear like anyone had heard what you said she gave you a warning look before she nodded.
"Yes checking on the Node might be wise."
She said and said nothing about what you had said earlier.
He coughed softly and nodded, "That Node was a horror... So much torture over the decades; perhaps it can't be cleansed fully, but burning it out like that is at least a good start in trying..."

Leon nodded and glanced at that closed door.
"Yes she...likes to stand behind those who sit in seats of power but at times I think her word mean more when she decide it is time to use her power. She is effectively one of the leaders of two Chantries though hold officially no rank in either of them other than as an advisor since she have the title of Quesitor and then can not hold formal positions of leadership."
Leon explained then he added.
"Ah short explanation, House Guernicus train their apprentices to be judges and most get the title Quesitor but just like not all Guernicus magi are Quesitori not all Quesitori are Guernicus, some come from other Houses and still hold the rank."
The Jerbiton said.
"It is customary to have at least one Quesitor member of each Hermetic House. Anyway yes she could have slapped those older Hermetics rather hard legally but she choose to let them go and they know it, they knew she could squash them as bugs and choose not to, so they left humiliated."
He muttered and glanced at you.
"Never make an enemy of that Lady that is my advice."
He nodded, "A business connection, in many ways - and one with which do be dealt with in the most honest manners."

The Node was still a disgusting black, tar like magical inferno and probably would stay that way for a while, it burned as ehm...brightly...as it had done when last you had seen it. At least Abigail would not be getting any Tass from it for a good long while.

You work on your rote at least the magick was responding well this close to the corrupted Node though even working her felt...wrong, you got your shield going though you had to spend some effort keeping the spell at the ready and your Avatar was constantly working with a trickle of Quintessence to keep it going until needed. You got a mental image of Mia sitting with a spindle, slowly churning out glowing strands of yarn to be knitted into your spell.
He smiled almost smugly as the shield took form-in-potentia. It might be a one-shot response, but going into the Caul chamber, it would probably be the best frontline defense available.

((OOC: Yeah, I think there's something about needing Mind to keep multiple spells almost finished at once, and Time 4 to hang spells? Or is it possible to do that at lower ranks?))
avatar
Warpmind

Posts : 3911
Join date : 2015-05-22
Age : 37
Location : Knarvik, Norway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:33 pm

Colin grimaced, "There was also the phone we confiscated from one of the Fallen ladies. The background picture showed a very... anatomical piece of wall she apparently had a fondness for. Humans will be humans, I suppose; the Fallen just have fewer restraints than the rest of us..."

"Well if you are going to have anatomically correct walls you might as well ehm...put them to good use but yes the Nephandi seam to have gone with the idea that the world suck so fuck it let us all do exactly as we please and that can get dangerous rather quickly without any checks and balances."
Andy said and grimaced.

He frowned, "Indeed, it's an unpleasant prospect for every reason... acquiring a sample from the captured Nosferatu might be more... well, at least less deceptive and unethical in that one respect, but then again, taking a quantity from a confused and insane prisoner incapable of informed consent is... a different ethical wrongdoing..."

"Hum...I have not met this prisoner, Nosferatu that is one of the Massassa groups is it not...ah yes I think I have heard the name mentioned they are the unfortunately looking ones are they not? In either case taking blood from a helpless, confused prisoner would also have it's issues and who know if it would be better for this woman to find out what her blood had been used to...then again if lies have been used in getting consent from the Chantry's Custos are it then to be considered actual consent?"
Udella said and sigh.
"Well I am not judging young man but the situation is a difficult one."

He smiled warmly and laid a hand gently over Udella's, "Like always... If I can soften the consequences, of course, then I will do so... For others first, if at all possible..."

The old Quesitor smiled sadly and nodded.
"Unfortunately others are often affected by such consequences but yes I know you will do all you can to soften it for those who are involved and I hope that the worst will not come to pass, for the Massassa servant girl, for you my old friend, even for Abigail, I will allow her enough sympathy to hope that we capture her alive."

He coughed softly and nodded, "That Node was a horror... So much torture over the decades; perhaps it can't be cleansed fully, but burning it out like that is at least a good start in trying..."

"It was a horror indeed and perhaps now with it burning that flame can honor those who where sacrificed to that foul Node, let it burn to ashes."
Udella said with disgust in her voice.

He nodded, "A business connection, in many ways - and one with which do be dealt with in the most honest manners."

Leon nodded at that.
"That seams about right yes...well i should get going and raid the kitchen then while there is still time to do so."

(OOC: It is Time 4 for hanging spells. In 2 edition if I do not remember it wrong you added 2 I think but the crunch have never been my strong point so I might be wrong to the diff for each spell you where holding, meaning the chances that you would both grew pretty quickly, but you did not need extra sphere to do so. Mind is what you need to do several mental actions in a turn an not split your dice pool and yes casting more than one spell at once would also split you dice pool.)

(OOC 2: I will let Strife reply before I have Crexia emerge from the Cheif's room. Adley have gotten a nick in the Nephandus' armor to say it like that and I want to see where that conversation go before having Crexia torture the poor guy.)
avatar
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Posts : 7167
Join date : 2015-05-22
Age : 35
Location : Sotra (Norway)

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:54 am

"Well yes I guess there will be nothing more to learn when there are no existence and that will be...a shame in an off itself but..."
The Nephandus said he gave you a confused look.

He raised an eyebrow at the man. "But what? It would be less than a shame, a shame means there's something to observe the outcome. Shame means there is someone around to care about what was lost. Even shame is something of reality...losing the capacity for that is a loss of learning, too."

"I ehm...I...but..." The prisoner said he was beginning to sound rather distressed and he did not like the soft spots you where poking at.
"It is still my Avatar it is not external she is a part of me, a part of my soul I can feel her there looking at you." He protested. "My path is different than it was I am not brainwashed...I am not!"

"I didn't mean your avatar was external. Thankfully not! I've had enough of that," he said, then clarified. "The caul, however is a connection for lack of a better term, maybe unconnection, to uncreation, to the external...or outside of reality - not something conceivable to being-ness, it unbirthed your avatar. It took it's connection to what it really was and scrambled it until it forgot what it used to be. But, even when you came back, you, in your humanity, remembered things you like about it here. It is possible for it, and you to remember what it was...what you loved about this life and reality."

"Very few recommend torture Traditionalist and I certainly have no desire for it but it seam to be out of my hands."


"It's still in your hands, metaphorically speaking at least. There is still a choice you can make."

He shook his head for a moment. "You speak like my old Mentor and what are you, hardly thirty? You are asking me to give up things I need to be true and right not to hate myself Traditionalist. I need to be on the right path, I need all that I have done to have meaning giving that up and looking at myself as the man I once was would be far more painful than any torture your leader here could inflict on me. I want Oblivion, not the realm but non existence I want it badly everyone who have been through the Caul do but beyond that it is not about the Lady herself it is that I need to be loyal for if what I have done is not right...I could not live with that..."

"Are any of us, imbued with an ageless avatar that remembers all of our existences, the age we seem to be?" He shrugged, thinking of what the red haired Diedne had said to him in his Quietus. "Let's see Technocracy rebranded itself you said...so I'm guessing you're 150 years old. And you don't look that. I speak like your old mentor, hrm? A Flambeau, no doubt. Sounds like a smart person. But back to the matter at hand, I'm asking you to give up telling yourself lies. You're telling me you'd rather give up existence for everyone, not just for yourself, awful as that might be to contemplate but everything, everywhere, all of it so you can avoid being wrong? Instead of considering you made some mistakes, that you're not sure about some things you did, or why you did them, or if the reasons were good enough, or exactly when you were in over your head, but it was a slippery slope as you admitted. You ran away from yourself, hoping to escape but it's inside of you, just like your avatar is. Trying to run from that will not give your life meaning or validate what you did or did not do. That is part of what gives our lives meaning. Making mistakes, even being ashamed, it's part of reality and how we learn.

"You say you wouldn't be able to live with yourself, but you have been this whole time. All while proclaiming loyalty to a cause that you know essentially doesn't make any sense when you scrutinize too hard and trying desperately to convince yourself otherwise. You still have interest in reality, because that is human, to be interested, curious and wanting to learn and experience. That's living. But your avatar is confused after what happened to it in the caul. And you didn't want to be alone. You needed somewhere to learn. So you've lived decades under that sword of Damocles, rationalizing what you've done, running, without wanting to look up, examine how it doesn't quite fit and ferreting out new things. And now here we are." He sighed. "Let's be frank here. You're not likely to live much longer. But you have a chance to do something right over the next while. You were once Flambeau, so be brave. Tell our leader here what she wants to know, not because it's easy, but because it's hard. Maybe you can't step off the path you're on but you can choose to stop running on it...and you still want to learn things. So learn this thing about yourself. It may be one of the last things you might be able to learn."

He nodded, "Indeed I can't, and I appreciate it - it might be less crucial for me, but that doesn't mean it's unwanted.

He nodded in return. "Of course."

Cara smiled a little nervously but she got over to the spot you indicated and nodded her head. "Ready." She said.

The magick went slower, it was harder to do but it seemed to work as it had before, building on the foundation of what was already there. Clear water, before and now a serpent, water and emotions and a purity, like plunging into an icy stream on a hot day. The fatigue wicked off, after all that had happened it was a relief. At some point he was not sure when, words that were not for the shape of a human mouth or hands were exchanged and he did not know what had transpired, though he was curious. It was not for him to know, at least not now. When he felt that he had used about five minutes of time, he went through the last pass and then dropped his hands to his sides. He gave Cara a smile, still somewhat embarrassed in a way, as if he were not sure how to express the emotions he was feeling. He said, "I think I should be the one thanking you. It is a privilege and I feel...better myself."
avatar
s7trif3

Posts : 3021
Join date : 2015-05-24
Location : PST - GMT -7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Tane Karyak on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:13 am

Ok, we should go on our way then. I hope that you find a way out, or that your dilemma gets narrowed soon. If the worst comes, i wish you a steady hand. he said in greeting before, patting the master on the shoulder, and getting on his way to get the young mage down to the node
avatar
Tane Karyak

Posts : 842
Join date : 2015-05-22
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:07 am

He raised an eyebrow at the man. "But what? It would be less than a shame, a shame means there's something to observe the outcome. Shame means there is someone around to care about what was lost. Even shame is something of reality...losing the capacity for that is a loss of learning, too."

The prisoner looked at you and narrowed his eyes he was very confused now, he did not really know what to answer, he loved learning and yet wanted everything to stop existing and he did not know how to resolve the paradox of that.
"I...do not...I mean I...well...but..."
He protested desperately.

"I didn't mean your avatar was external. Thankfully not! I've had enough of that," he said,

"Ah yes you have met Miss Carlyle I see."
He muttered wryly.

then clarified. "The caul, however is a connection for lack of a better term, maybe unconnection, to uncreation, to the external...or outside of reality - not something conceivable to being-ness, it unbirthed your avatar. It took it's connection to what it really was and scrambled it until it forgot what it used to be. But, even when you came back, you, in your humanity, remembered things you like about it here. It is possible for it, and you to remember what it was...what you loved about this life and reality."

The prisoner was silent for some time then he looked down.
"There is some sense to what you are saying Traditionalist the Caul it...is an external influence and it did unbirth me, I am not sure me and my soul can remember what it was to...not be what we are though. Yes I still love learning I am still the same person on some level but, we where ripped apart and put back together again I..."
He shivered.
"I do not like to talk about the Caul."
He finished.

"It's still in your hands, metaphorically speaking at least. There is still a choice you can make."

"I can not betray my Labyrinth and my Lady and then it is not in my hands."

"Are any of us, imbued with an ageless avatar that remembers all of our existences, the age we seem to be?" He shrugged, thinking of what the red haired Diedne had said to him in his Quietus. "Let's see Technocracy rebranded itself you said...so I'm guessing you're 150 years old. And you don't look that.

"Well you do have a point there none of us are the age we seam, in soul and often not in body. I a a 150 years and change yeas old right of fair enough the point go to you."

I speak like your old mentor, hrm? A Flambeau, no doubt. Sounds like a smart person.

"He...was smart and yes he was of House Flambeau, sometimes I wonder if he still lives, he could be alive off course he live me had been extending our lives with magick so well I guess it do not matter now we would be enemies now."
The Fallen Hermetic said in a slightly fond tone of voice more to himself than to you.

But back to the matter at hand, I'm asking you to give up telling yourself lies. You're telling me you'd rather give up existence for everyone, not just for yourself, awful as that might be to contemplate but everything, everywhere, all of it so you can avoid being wrong? Instead of considering you made some mistakes, that you're not sure about some things you did, or why you did them, or if the reasons were good enough, or exactly when you were in over your head, but it was a slippery slope as you admitted. You ran away from yourself, hoping to escape but it's inside of you, just like your avatar is. Trying to run from that will not give your life meaning or validate what you did or did not do. That is part of what gives our lives meaning. Making mistakes, even being ashamed, it's part of reality and how we learn.

The man looked at you, he did not reply but he seamed to be mulling your words over in his head and his eyes where wide, he was disturbed by what you where saying it was affecting his equilibrium and he tried to block you out but so far he seamed not to have been able to.

"You say you wouldn't be able to live with yourself, but you have been this whole time. All while proclaiming loyalty to a cause that you know essentially doesn't make any sense when you scrutinize too hard and trying desperately to convince yourself otherwise. You still have interest in reality, because that is human, to be interested, curious and wanting to learn and experience. That's living. But your avatar is confused after what happened to it in the caul. And you didn't want to be alone. You needed somewhere to learn. So you've lived decades under that sword of Damocles, rationalizing what you've done, running, without wanting to look up, examine how it doesn't quite fit and ferreting out new things. And now here we are.

Again the Nephandus was silent for a long while before he spoke.
"I...have done things that are horrible how could I live with those if they where not right?"
He asked softly then he shivered slightly.
"But you are right I have been trapped in this mire, doing more and more horrible things and so needing the cause to be more and more right and yet a part of me still do want to experience and learn I...fuck...damn it why are you...saying all this to me?"
He exclaimed irritated.

"Let's be frank here. You're not likely to live much longer. But you have a chance to do something right over the next while. You were once Flambeau, so be brave. Tell our leader here what she wants to know, not because it's easy, but because it's hard. Maybe you can't step off the path you're on but you can choose to stop running on it...and you still want to learn things. So learn this thing about yourself. It may be one of the last things you might be able to learn."

"No I am not likely to live much longer what scare me is that she is not likely to live much longer either...my Avatar..."
The Fallen Hermetic said fearfully then he sigh and looked down and seamed to consider for some time.
"I...but you...how could...fine...ok...I guess it is one of the last chances I have to learn...fine..."
He muttered then he whispered.
"I...was sent her by Lady Abigail to blow up the Labyrinth, she and a group of five others are hiding in the Node chamber, she have found an Orphan who's Avatar is the spirit of this city and without this Orphan knowing she have tapped into that soul, using his Quintessence to run protections while she set up a final trap, an explosion that will take us all out in case I failed...and destroy the soul of Chicago with it, leading this city into death and decay."
The Nephandus said answering the questions he ha been asked, tears welled up in his eyes.
"And now I have nothing, no path...nothing..."
He whimpered he seamed rather devastated over having betrayed his own.
"W...what have I done..."
He muttered softly. Crexia's eyes widened over what she was hearing but since you had gotten the prisoner to talk she left the conversation to you for now to avoid him clamming up again.

He gave Cara a smile, still somewhat embarrassed in a way, as if he were not sure how to express the emotions he was feeling. He said, "I think I should be the one thanking you. It is a privilege and I feel...better myself."

Cara gave a little uncertain smile and scratched her head.
"I ehm...I am glad but really thank you for your help it makes it a little less scary to do my job here and you are always sensitive about the fact that these Imprints are a part of my Avatar."
She said not sure what to say after that so she just smiled.

Crexia came out of the room where she had been talking with the prisoner, she was leading him out as well, it seamed she had not had to torture him, nor put them in a time bubble as she still had the basket with the food.
"We need to move ladies and gentlemen...now!"
She said with urgency in her voice and perhaps even if it was very well hidden, fear.
"Time is not on our side I will explain as we go...I need someone to keep an eye on our prisoner here while we move through the Chief's passage to the Caul, let's finish this!"

(OOC: I will be on a train all day so I might be a little slow with posting.)

avatar
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Posts : 7167
Join date : 2015-05-22
Age : 35
Location : Sotra (Norway)

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:10 am

Ok, we should go on our way then. I hope that you find a way out, or that your dilemma gets narrowed soon. If the worst comes, i wish you a steady hand. he said in greeting before, patting the master on the shoulder, and getting on his way to get the young mage down to the node

Jeffry nodded at that.
"Thank you Mr Karyak, I hope torturing the man will not be needed but if it is yes, I will have a steady hand."
He said and sigh before he headed back up stairs to pounder his problem.

You got back up to Tobias' room Cita let you into the apartment she looked rather tired she would need rest once she knew the young man was comfortably down at the Node.
"He is still sleeping, I will wake him up and we will see if he will be able to walk down with some support."
She said and went over to the sleeping boy to gently shake him awake.
"Is everything set up down by the Node?"
avatar
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Posts : 7167
Join date : 2015-05-22
Age : 35
Location : Sotra (Norway)

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:55 am

"There is some sense to what you are saying Traditionalist the Caul it...is an external influence and it did unbirth me, I am not sure me and my soul can remember what it was to...not be what we are though. Yes I still love learning I am still the same person on some level but, we where ripped apart and put back together again I..." He shivered. "I do not like to talk about the Caul."

"No one likes to discuss being tormented, abused and traumatized."

"He...was smart and yes he was of House Flambeau, sometimes I wonder if he still lives, he could be alive off course he live me had been extending our lives with magick so well I guess it do not matter now we would be enemies now." The Fallen Hermetic said in a slightly fond tone of voice more to himself than to you.

He nodded a little. "It seems to matter, even if you say it doesn't. Yes you'd be enemies, that's true. I'd ask you his name but you aren't like to tell me, but you seem to recall well of him."

"I...have done things that are horrible how could I live with those if they where not right?" He asked softly then he shivered slightly. "But you are right I have been trapped in this mire, doing more and more horrible things and so needing the cause to be more and more right and yet a part of me still do want to experience and learn I...fuck...damn it why are you...saying all this to me?" He exclaimed irritated.

"Well, you said you wanted your life to have meaning..."

"No I am not likely to live much longer what scare me is that she is not likely to live much longer either...my Avatar..." The Fallen Hermetic said fearfully then he sigh and looked down and seamed to consider for some time. "I...but you...how could...fine...ok...I guess it is one of the last chances I have to learn...fine..."

What he heard next was worse than what he thought he would hear but he didn't say anything until the Nephandi ran out of steam on his own.

And now I have nothing, no path...nothing..." He whimpered he seamed rather devastated over having betrayed his own. "W...what have I done..." He muttered softly.

"You have told yourself the truth, for the first time in a long time. And it hurts...but it is true. You really don't want the entire existence to be destroyed...you still value something here. So you have something. It might not be as much as you had before you started down that other path, or could have had if you'd made some different choices. And it might not be especially comforting right now. But for all of that, it is real and it has profound meaning," he said. " Do you know who this Orphan is?" He glanced to the side at Crexia, to see if there was anything else she'd wanted to ask, though, it seems they were on a tighter timescale now.

// safe trip!
avatar
s7trif3

Posts : 3021
Join date : 2015-05-24
Location : PST - GMT -7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:35 am

"No one likes to discuss being tormented, abused and traumatized."

"No, I guess no one likes to discuss that."
The Nephandus muttered his eyes uncertain and full of pain for a moment.
"Going into the Caul is...not a fond memory."

He nodded a little. "It seems to matter, even if you say it doesn't. Yes you'd be enemies, that's true. I'd ask you his name but you aren't like to tell me, but you seem to recall well of him."

"I do recall well of him he was a tough bastard but fair, and he was a good teacher."
The prisoner said.
"I guess his name matters little for my safety now and nothing for the safety of the Labyrinth though I will not speak all of it not here where the wall creature can hear, his first name is Alphonse the last I heard of him he lived in a Hermetic Chantry in Boston. I guess it would be nice to know if he is well, even if we would be enemies now and he would kill me on sight."

"Well, you said you wanted your life to have meaning..."

"Well I guess I do at that, for as long as I exist or the memory of me do I want my life to have meaning."
He muttered and sigh.

"You have told yourself the truth, for the first time in a long time. And it hurts...but it is true. You really don't want the entire existence to be destroyed...you still value something here. So you have something. It might not be as much as you had before you started down that other path, or could have had if you'd made some different choices. And it might not be especially comforting right now. But for all of that, it is real and it has profound meaning," he said.

"Yeah it...hurts I think I would have preferred the torture."
The prisoner muttered bitterly then he sigh.
"I do want existence to be undone I do...part of me do but I guess there is part of me that still...are curious but..."
He muttered still very much confused and clearly saddened and upset, he was shuddering in his bonds and fighting back tears.
"I am not so sure I have anything I...fuck...everything is a mess in my head."
He whispered and shook it as if such a physical action could clear away some of the confusion and doubt you had created.

" Do you know who this Orphan is?" He glanced to the side at Crexia, to see if there was anything else she'd wanted to ask, though, it seems they were on a tighter timescale now.

The Fallen Hermetic nodded.
"Yes his name is Donny Angenmire he do not know about the Asencion War or our society and he is not cooperating with us he will feel some pain when the Lady draw Quintessence from him but he is not likely to know what is going on. The Lady have a vial of his blood that we bribed his physician to provide for us that she use as a link to the young man's Avatar. The kid is really a nobody, a clerk in a supermarket that care for his disabled mother and paint gaming miniatures in his free time, and yet he is the incarnation of Chicago...well his Avatar is, do not ask me to explain how that is, I do not know."
He said and shrugged. Crexia considered.
"There is much I would ask but I doubt we have the time, perhaps the best is if you go and do the protection magick we talked about Sodalis and I just confirm what our prisoner here have told us, do not worry as long as he continue to cooperate I will not harm him."
The archmage said and she sounded rather impressed that you had managed to get the prisoner to talk.
"We should move soon though, we need to stop this before it is to late, damned be that woman!"
Crexia added angrily.

(OOC: Thank you, also give Adley a free exp for managing to talk a stubborn old Nephandus into cooperating without touching him.)
avatar
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Posts : 7167
Join date : 2015-05-22
Age : 35
Location : Sotra (Norway)

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Warpmind on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:20 pm

"Well if you are going to have anatomically correct walls you might as well ehm...put them to good use but yes the Nephandi seam to have gone with the idea that the world suck so fuck it let us all do exactly as we please and that can get dangerous rather quickly without any checks and balances."
Andy said and grimaced.
Colin nodded, "Nihilistic hedonism of the worst kind."

"Hum...I have not met this prisoner, Nosferatu that is one of the Massassa groups is it not...ah yes I think I have heard the name mentioned they are the unfortunately looking ones are they not? In either case taking blood from a helpless, confused prisoner would also have it's issues and who know if it would be better for this woman to find out what her blood had been used to...then again if lies have been used in getting consent from the Chantry's Custos are it then to be considered actual consent?"
Udella said and sigh.
"Well I am not judging young man but the situation is a difficult one."
He sighed, "The distinction is between letting someone able to offer their consent - fully informed or not - donate a sample willingly, and extracting a sample from someone incapable of consenting, informed or not... And while I will admit to a certain level of deception toward the donor, I did not explicitly lie about the purpose; not that letting her draw her own erroneous conclusions is any better... When the battle's won and done, you can judge me all you like; if I can burn the thermos unopened, all the better for us all..."

The old Quesitor smiled sadly and nodded.
"Unfortunately others are often affected by such consequences but yes I know you will do all you can to soften it for those who are involved and I hope that the worst will not come to pass, for the Massassa servant girl, for you my old friend, even for Abigail, I will allow her enough sympathy to hope that we capture her alive."
He nodded, "This time around, maybe I'll succeed... And yes, I hope and pray we capture Abigail alive... not just for her sake."

"It was a horror indeed and perhaps now with it burning that flame can honor those who where sacrificed to that foul Node, let it burn to ashes."
Udella said with disgust in her voice.
He smiled thinly, "That flame will burn as long as it can, but for those sacrificed... I've kept a small bolt from the rack that made the centerpiece. My Avatar instructed me to make a memorial to those forgotten victims - perhaps, in time, that memorial will shift the Node in space and spirit - move it elsewhere and turn it into a Node of reminiscence and peace instead of the tainted thing it is. One can hope, at least, and work patiently... I have plans for it, in any case."

Crexia came out of the room where she had been talking with the prisoner, she was leading him out as well, it seamed she had not had to torture him, nor put them in a time bubble as she still had the basket with the food.
"We need to move ladies and gentlemen...now!"
She said with urgency in her voice and perhaps even if it was very well hidden, fear.
"Time is not on our side I will explain as we go...I need someone to keep an eye on our prisoner here while we move through the Chief's passage to the Caul, let's finish this!"
He looked up from his hand, from the ring where he held the shield ready to raise, and glanced at the prisoner in tow, "He's... Thank God..."
He half-ran the few steps over toward the door, glancing toward the kitchen and looking around for Leon and company, "I think the volunteers are still off on the food run, do we run and call them back, or just hurry through?"

((OOC: Ah, just a higher diff for holding multiple spells ready to cast... Yeah, no, what I was thinking of was not the dice pool-splitty thing; one spell cast at a time, but held ready to release rather than fired on the spot. Also, good work, Strife. Very Happy ))
avatar
Warpmind

Posts : 3911
Join date : 2015-05-22
Age : 37
Location : Knarvik, Norway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:27 pm

Colin nodded, "Nihilistic hedonism of the worst kind."

"Yes hedonism in itself I have no problem with, many Cultists are hedonists and they harm no one, however nihilistic hedonism that is something else."
Andy agreed with a frown.

He sighed, "The distinction is between letting someone able to offer their consent - fully informed or not - donate a sample willingly, and extracting a sample from someone incapable of consenting, informed or not...

Udella nodded at that.
"True enough perhaps the second alternative would have been worse, especially since with the prisoner a sample would have to be extracted by force probably, even so uninformed consent is not full consent in my eyes, then again not knowing might save the vampiress from the worst of the guilt if the worst should occur."
The old Quesitor said as she regarded you.

And while I will admit to a certain level of deception toward the donor, I did not explicitly lie about the purpose; not that letting her draw her own erroneous conclusions is any better... When the battle's won and done, you can judge me all you like; if I can burn the thermos unopened, all the better for us all..."

"Nothing would be better than if the content of that thermos could be destroyed unused."
Udella said.
"As for consent, deception do negate it but there are times where such deception is the kindest thing one can do."
She said then she shook her head sadly.
"No I have no right to judge your actions old friend, not after what I helped do to the Labyrinth Keeper."

He nodded, "This time around, maybe I'll succeed... And yes, I hope and pray we capture Abigail alive... not just for her sake."

Udella nodded she patted your arm.
"I hope you will succeed this time around as for the Lady of the Labyrinth herself, she should stand trial and face judgment, that is what she deserve but if that desired outcome can not be had then I will settle for her not reincarnating, horrible as it may be to say so."
The old Hermetic said darkly.
"I am so tired of this war my old friend, so tired..."
She muttered and suddenly she seamed so very old.

He smiled thinly, "That flame will burn as long as it can, but for those sacrificed... I've kept a small bolt from the rack that made the centerpiece. My Avatar instructed me to make a memorial to those forgotten victims - perhaps, in time, that memorial will shift the Node in space and spirit - move it elsewhere and turn it into a Node of reminiscence and peace instead of the tainted thing it is. One can hope, at least, and work patiently... I have plans for it, in any case."

"That is a really nice thought."
Udella said and smiled to you.
"And I think an earnest memorial might shift the Node in space and make something that bring light and hope rather tain pain, that would be a fitting memorial to those poor souls so cruelly sacrificed."

He looked up from his hand, from the ring where he held the shield ready to raise, and glanced at the prisoner in tow, "He's... Thank God..."
He half-ran the few steps over toward the door, glancing toward the kitchen and looking around for Leon and company, "I think the volunteers are still off on the food run, do we run and call them back, or just hurry through?"

"We hurry through, Abigail is drawing Quintessence from in effect the soul of Chicago and she plan to drain it completely and destroy it in the process in a last ditch effort to take us and the Labyrinth with her as she go, currently she and a handful of her closest allies are holed up at the Caul, using that spirit or rather it is an Avatar, an Orphan's Avatar that she have a connection to though a sample of the man's blood, to fight off our forces and the Jade Demon who are laying siege to the Caul chamber, we must stop her before she destroy not only us but this city as well."
Crexia said as she moved with urgency.
"If you can gather our other prisoner so we can open her Mentor's Unbral shortcut, we have to let the men on a food run be for now and collect them when we come back."
avatar
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Posts : 7167
Join date : 2015-05-22
Age : 35
Location : Sotra (Norway)

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:28 pm

"I do recall well of him he was a tough bastard but fair, and he was a good teacher." The prisoner said. "I guess his name matters little for my safety now and nothing for the safety of the Labyrinth though I will not speak all of it not here where the wall creature can hear, his first name is Alphonse the last I heard of him he lived in a Hermetic Chantry in Boston. I guess it would be nice to know if he is well, even if we would be enemies now and he would kill me on sight."

Adley's lips pressed together into a thin line. Dupuis...this was his apprentice. Another link and he couldn't tell the man he was doing well, or why not. "I see. And...would you tell me the name you used at that time? Hum actually that might not be good given the walls...later, then."

"Well I guess I do at that, for as long as I exist or the memory of me do I want my life to have meaning." He muttered and sigh.

"Yes, most of us want to exist, and some of us, like mages, search and try to make meaningful lives. And those are just some of the reasons why we'd rather not destroy existence."

"I do want existence to be undone I do...part of me do but I guess there is part of me that still...are curious but..." He muttered still very much confused and clearly saddened and upset, he was shuddering in his bonds and fighting back tears. "I am not so sure I have anything I...fuck...everything is a mess in my head." He whispered

"Your avatar seeks nonexistence because it was traumatized and corrupted in the caul. That has had an impact on you both but for all of that you were returned, you are still here, incarnated in a body and human with human wants and needs. And have things that you enjoy about life and living and experiencing life, and the last was something that avatars are probably interested in as well, only yours was mixed up after what happened to you both. Before, she would guide you one way, and did not want to go in there. And after...it was different. Something had gone wrong after...you tried to tell yourself it wasn't wrong."

"Yes his name is Donny Angenmire he do not know about the Asencion War or our society and he is not cooperating with us he will feel some pain when the Lady draw Quintessence from him but he is not likely to know what is going on. The Lady have a vial of his blood that we bribed his physician to provide for us that she use as a link to the young man's Avatar. The kid is really a nobody, a clerk in a supermarket that care for his disabled mother and paint gaming miniatures in his free time, and yet he is the incarnation of Chicago...well his Avatar is, do not ask me to explain how that is, I do not know."

His brows drew together, considering what he was being told. "You seem to know a lot about this kid, how about where we can find him now?"

"There is much I would ask but I doubt we have the time, perhaps the best is if you go and do the protection magick we talked about Sodalis and I just confirm what our prisoner here have told us, do not worry as long as he continue to cooperate I will not harm him." The archmage said and she sounded rather impressed that you had managed to get the prisoner to talk. "We should move soon though, we need to stop this before it is to late, damned be that woman!"

"Yes ma'am. Should I tell one of the adepts to try to find this fellow? I'm not sure that would help, unless we can find a way to protect him though," he mused. To the man he said, "Just answer her questions," he said, giving him a nod as he turned to leave.

// that scene turned out longer than I expected. And noted, thanks! Hahaha, well he did touch him, just not physically. That same line of reasoning will probably help with Kyle later. I can try to look up those rules later when I get back, if you want I've just been running late all week.
avatar
s7trif3

Posts : 3021
Join date : 2015-05-24
Location : PST - GMT -7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Warpmind on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:07 pm

Udella nodded at that.
"True enough perhaps the second alternative would have been worse, especially since with the prisoner a sample would have to be extracted by force probably, even so uninformed consent is not full consent in my eyes, then again not knowing might save the vampiress from the worst of the guilt if the worst should occur."
The old Quesitor said as she regarded you.
Colin shook his head, "No, it's not full consent... but, and this is important, a donor capable of informed consent can be meaningfully apologized to. I don't expect forgiveness for the deception - it is too serious for that - but she will at least be able to understand what I did and why I did it. If the poor, mad girl were to be used for this, and then somehow in the future regained her sanity... how long do you think that would last after the realization she'd been used for such a purpose without so much as an inkling of what was happening? No, as horrid as deceiving a kindly lady for a terrible weapon is, taking that weapon from someone too detached from reality to understand or consent would be worse... especially when the latter could conceivably regain her sanity."

"Nothing would be better than if the content of that thermos could be destroyed unused."
Udella said.
"As for consent, deception do negate it but there are times where such deception is the kindest thing one can do."
She said then she shook her head sadly.
"No I have no right to judge your actions old friend, not after what I helped do to the Labyrinth Keeper."
He smiled thinly, "Consent is always subject to the specifics - whether that deviation is deceptive or accidental is irrelevant... but yes, sometimes dishonesty at least seems the kindest way to go. I'm not so convinced it actually is the kindest, though... And Cotta is... not entirely gone. A part of her, a sufficiently significant one, has a chance to be turned back to the light, and later, perhaps I can find the pieces and help restore them, too, one by one...""

Udella nodded she patted your arm.
"I hope you will succeed this time around as for the Lady of the Labyrinth herself, she should stand trial and face judgment, that is what she deserve but if that desired outcome can not be had then I will settle for her not reincarnating, horrible as it may be to say so."
The old Hermetic said darkly.
"I am so tired of this war my old friend, so tired..."
She muttered and suddenly she seamed so very old.
He nodded, "Courage and strength, Udella... The war is in a gridlock, but I believe we can win it... The door is opened; the Fallen can be redeemed... and that will change the war entirely."

"That is a really nice thought."
Udella said and smiled to you.
"And I think an earnest memorial might shift the Node in space and make something that bring light and hope rather tain pain, that would be a fitting memorial to those poor souls so cruelly sacrificed."
He nodded, "A stand for prayer candles might do, gifted to a cathedral, for example... You don't get much more repeated hope and love than that..."

"We hurry through, Abigail is drawing Quintessence from in effect the soul of Chicago and she plan to drain it completely and destroy it in the process in a last ditch effort to take us and the Labyrinth with her as she go, currently she and a handful of her closest allies are holed up at the Caul, using that spirit or rather it is an Avatar, an Orphan's Avatar that she have a connection to though a sample of the man's blood, to fight off our forces and the Jade Demon who are laying siege to the Caul chamber, we must stop her before she destroy not only us but this city as well."
Crexia said as she moved with urgency.
"If you can gather our other prisoner so we can open her Mentor's Unbral shortcut, we have to let the men on a food run be for now and collect them when we come back."
His eyes widened as he turned to retrieve Allison, "Bloody hell... If she drains the soul of the city, won't that kill the city as certainly as a nuclear bomb? Allison, we need you now, before Abigail kills Chicago and everyone in the city!"
avatar
Warpmind

Posts : 3911
Join date : 2015-05-22
Age : 37
Location : Knarvik, Norway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:02 pm

Adley's lips pressed together into a thin line. Dupuis...this was his apprentice. Another link and he couldn't tell the man he was doing well, or why not. "I see. And...would you tell me the name you used at that time? Hum actually that might not be good given the walls...later, then."

The prisoner looked up at you for a moment.
"Flavio Baldinotti...that was the name I choose for myself when I passed my Gauntlet, but I have not been called by that for many years."
He said and sigh.
"I do kind of miss it, I have a name in the Dragon's Tongue that translate Dying Scream, but I have never favored it much. And the walls know me, I will not say my old Mentor's full name here as I do not want him harmed, but the walls know my former name so it do not matter if I speak it. I saw you react when I spoke my old Mentor's name though, do you know of him? Is he alive and well?"

"Yes, most of us want to exist, and some of us, like mages, search and try to make meaningful lives. And those are just some of the reasons why we'd rather not destroy existence."

"Reality is broken and have to go."
Flavio said and his words sounded more like something he had learned to tell himself rather than his own words.

"Your avatar seeks nonexistence because it was traumatized and corrupted in the caul. That has had an impact on you both but for all of that you were returned, you are still here, incarnated in a body and human with human wants and needs. And have things that you enjoy about life and living and experiencing life, and the last was something that avatars are probably interested in as well, only yours was mixed up after what happened to you both. Before, she would guide you one way, and did not want to go in there. And after...it was different. Something had gone wrong after...you tried to tell yourself it wasn't wrong."

The Nephandus looked at you, he did not seam like he knew what to say finally he muttered.
"You are right...I...know you are right but I still want non existence, my Avatar want non existence but she did not want it before...she...was glorious once, a lioness made of flame...now I see her as a sickly old animal, I...I..."
He shook his head.
"Your words hurt me Traditionalist."
He muttered.
"I do not know what to think or say...but what I have lived can not be wrong...it can't."
He said and tears started rolling down his cheeks.

His brows drew together, considering what he was being told. "You seem to know a lot about this kid, how about where we can find him now?"

"I was sent to spy on him...he lives in nr 35 Westriver road, though considering how much pain he is in he might have gone to a hospital or something at the moment."
Flavio said.

"Yes ma'am. Should I tell one of the adepts to try to find this fellow? I'm not sure that would help, unless we can find a way to protect him though," he mused.

Crexia considered it then she nodded.
"It is worth a shot though I am not completely sure how to protect him it depend on what sort of spell Abigail is using to tap into his Avatar, but knowing where he is might be useful and we will need to find him eventually so we can protect him and offer him training."
She said.

To the man he said, "Just answer her questions," he said, giving him a nod as he turned to leave.

Flavio looked down defeated by your words and still rather lost and confused.
"I will do so..."
He promised in a whisper. Crexia gave you a grateful look, she had not wanted to torture the prisoner.

Colin shook his head, "No, it's not full consent... but, and this is important, a donor capable of informed consent can be meaningfully apologized to. I don't expect forgiveness for the deception - it is too serious for that - but she will at least be able to understand what I did and why I did it. If the poor, mad girl were to be used for this, and then somehow in the future regained her sanity... how long do you think that would last after the realization she'd been used for such a purpose without so much as an inkling of what was happening? No, as horrid as deceiving a kindly lady for a terrible weapon is, taking that weapon from someone too detached from reality to understand or consent would be worse... especially when the latter could conceivably regain her sanity."

Udella nodded at that and frowned.
"You do make a fair point young man, however do keep in min that if you are going to apologize to the vampire Custos she might loose control and without meaning to attack you so keep something ready to defend yourself with, preferably without doing to much damage to the girl herself in the process, when you offer such a sentiment. As for the poor mad prisoner you are right if she where to regain her sanity and find out her blood had been used for such a foul thing that might negate any progress she have made poor thing. I understand your reasoning but it is still not a good situation."

He smiled thinly, "Consent is always subject to the specifics - whether that deviation is deceptive or accidental is irrelevant... but yes, sometimes dishonesty at least seems the kindest way to go. I'm not so convinced it actually is the kindest, though...

"I guess it is something that is open for debate."
Udella said.
"Whatever or not such deception is kind. As for consent well for it to be consent it should be with the individual as informed about the consequences of their actions as possible."

And Cotta is... not entirely gone. A part of her, a sufficiently significant one, has a chance to be turned back to the light, and later, perhaps I can find the pieces and help restore them, too, one by one...""

"Well that is a comfort at least, but it do not negate the fact that I...have rendered one more soul, cause the woman and her Avatar so much pain...nothing can negate that."
She said sadly and looked down.

He nodded, "Courage and strength, Udella... The war is in a gridlock, but I believe we can win it... The door is opened; the Fallen can be redeemed... and that will change the war entirely."

Udella smiled a little.
"Yes there is light ahead my old friend, if we can redeem the Fallen we have a weapon against them then we can win and not damn ourselves in the process."
She said hopefully.

He nodded, "A stand for prayer candles might do, gifted to a cathedral, for example... You don't get much more repeated hope and love than that..."

"That is a nice idea and yes that should do it, but be careful with your choice of church to donate such a item to, not all of them are places of love and hope."

His eyes widened as he turned to retrieve Allison, "Bloody hell... If she drains the soul of the city, won't that kill the city as certainly as a nuclear bomb? Allison, we need you now, before Abigail kills Chicago and everyone in the city!"

Allison stood a little ways from you, her eyes was wide with what Crexia was saying.
"You will need a bit of my blood it holds my Resonance since I can not able to use my magick at the moment."
She said and held out her bound arms. Crexia nodded as she was on her way back into the Chief's chambers to get to the short cut.
"Bring the girl...yes I am not completely sure what killing the spirit of Chicago will do to the city but it will not be good for anyone so we have to act and soon.

(OOC: Rules for holding multiple spells in M20 would be great. I have the PDF with me so I can check it as well. I know there are rules for that in 2 edition at least. Also I had already planned a scene for what would happen after Crexia tortured the prisoner, she would have gotten some of the information but not all of it, but Adley's line of questioning was good enough that I was thinking that would be able to talk Flavio into betraying Abigail, and yes the same line of reasoning might work for Kyle indeed.)
avatar
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Posts : 7167
Join date : 2015-05-22
Age : 35
Location : Sotra (Norway)

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Warpmind on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:18 am

Udella nodded at that and frowned.
"You do make a fair point young man, however do keep in min that if you are going to apologize to the vampire Custos she might loose control and without meaning to attack you so keep something ready to defend yourself with, preferably without doing to much damage to the girl herself in the process, when you offer such a sentiment. As for the poor mad prisoner you are right if she where to regain her sanity and find out her blood had been used for such a foul thing that might negate any progress she have made poor thing. I understand your reasoning but it is still not a good situation."
Colin frowned, "So, you're suggesting I give the poor woman a call to apologize first, then face her when she's calmed down?"
He sighed, "The reasoning is... pragmatic. I don't like it, as it's immoral and unethical, but I haven't found a practical argument against it, and that... was why I proposed it as a last-ditch means of dealing with miss Carlyle. Considering it for Abigail was something that came later... and it remains only as the final option, if all else has already gone awry."

"I guess it is something that is open for debate."
Udella said.
"Whatever or not such deception is kind. As for consent well for it to be consent it should be with the individual as informed about the consequences of their actions as possible."
He nodded, "That debate has been going on for millennia, I believe, in one form or another... And informed consent always requires all the facts in advance - one can consent to taking a small loss in a business deal, but that doesn't mean the other guy gets to throw in a few kicks to the crotch in the bargain after the deal is made."

"Well that is a comfort at least, but it do not negate the fact that I...have rendered one more soul, cause the woman and her Avatar so much pain...nothing can negate that."
She said sadly and looked down.
He shook his head and squeezed Udella's shoulder lightly, "True enough - it can't be negated. But it isn't the end; it's a shot at a fresh start instead of following the Black Spiral to its inevitable conclusion - and horrible though it is, there's a crack of light in it that perhaps nobody realized until now..."

Udella smiled a little.
"Yes there is light ahead my old friend, if we can redeem the Fallen we have a weapon against them then we can win and not damn ourselves in the process."
She said hopefully.
He nodded, "We can bring them home. Perhaps not every last one of them, but enough to dwindle their numbers and strengthen ours..."

"That is a nice idea and yes that should do it, but be careful with your choice of church to donate such a item to, not all of them are places of love and hope."
He snorted, "Ah, yes, those Mega-churches, for example... if I were to donate anything there, it would be a firebomb in the night while the building was empty. No, I'll be sure to investigate the various local parishes before I pick one."

Allison stood a little ways from you, her eyes was wide with what Crexia was saying.
"You will need a bit of my blood it holds my Resonance since I can not able to use my magick at the moment."
She said and held out her bound arms. Crexia nodded as she was on her way back into the Chief's chambers to get to the short cut.
"Bring the girl...yes I am not completely sure what killing the spirit of Chicago will do to the city but it will not be good for anyone so we have to act and soon.
He nodded and gently shepherded Allison toward the room, and glanced around for Andy or Rosario, "Medic, we need a small blood drawing."
avatar
Warpmind

Posts : 3911
Join date : 2015-05-22
Age : 37
Location : Knarvik, Norway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:37 am

Colin frowned, "So, you're suggesting I give the poor woman a call to apologize first, then face her when she's calmed down?"

"Massassa can loose control over themselves, that is part of their curse and they can fly into powerful rages so yes I would suggjest you give her a call to apologize first, that is safer for the both of you."
Udella said and frowned.
"She will not be happy if she ends up hurting you and since she is a Custos and a vampire well, harming a Traditionalist is likely to get her executed and the Chantry she serve punished."

He sighed, "The reasoning is... pragmatic. I don't like it, as it's immoral and unethical, but I haven't found a practical argument against it, and that... was why I proposed it as a last-ditch means of dealing with miss Carlyle. Considering it for Abigail was something that came later... and it remains only as the final option, if all else has already gone awry."

Udella nodded and gave you a sad, pained expression.
"At times we have to use horrible means to prevent something even more horrible from happening, I know this all to well young man, I just hope it will not be necessary."

He nodded, "That debate has been going on for millennia, I believe, in one form or another... And informed consent always requires all the facts in advance - one can consent to taking a small loss in a business deal, but that doesn't mean the other guy gets to throw in a few kicks to the crotch in the bargain after the deal is made."

"Indeed it has, the old dilemma and hypothetical situations like your wife lay dying and she asks you if the child she was delivering made it and if it is healthy, it is not, it died but do you tell her the truth or not?"
Udella said and sigh then she nodded.
"Agreed informed consent means you have to be presented with all the facts in advance."

He shook his head and squeezed Udella's shoulder lightly, "True enough - it can't be negated. But it isn't the end; it's a shot at a fresh start instead of following the Black Spiral to its inevitable conclusion - and horrible though it is, there's a crack of light in it that perhaps nobody realized until now..."

"I am not sure there should be to much light seen in that ritual, it might make it's use easier and it should not be easy, it is a terrible thing."
Udella said and sigh she gave you a tired look.
"But what you say is a personal comfort old friend, even if the guild still lay heavy on me, and it should for what I have had to do."

He nodded, "We can bring them home. Perhaps not every last one of them, but enough to dwindle their numbers and strengthen ours..."

The old Quesitor nodded at that.
"Well that would harm the Nephandi far more than our guns and fireballs old friend and it would bring some hope to those who have lost loved ones to the Cauls."
She said with a little smile.

He snorted, "Ah, yes, those Mega-churches, for example... if I were to donate anything there, it would be a firebomb in the night while the building was empty. No, I'll be sure to investigate the various local parishes before I pick one."

"Good I am sure you will make the right choice."
Udella said but she did snicker a bit at your suggested donation to the mega churches.

He nodded and gently shepherded Allison toward the room, and glanced around for Andy or Rosario, "Medic, we need a small blood drawing."

Rosario was just coming out of a trance after she had enchanted more of the group's ammunition so Andy came over when you called for a medic.
"How much blood?"
She asked. Allison shrugged.
"Not much I think some drops should do."
Andy nodded at that.
"I will take care of it, a knife or a needle?"
She asked and Allison shook her head.
"It do not matter whatever hurt the least I guess."
Andy smiled a little.
"A needle it is then, if you would give me your hands please."
She said after she had found a pack of sterile needles from her pack, a Verbena would need several types of equipment to draw blood. Allison held out her bound hands and Andy carefully pricked her left thumb and a few drops of blood started falling, the portal immediately reacted and one part of the wall in the old Nephanda's surprisingly normal looking bedchamber started shimmering, beyond that gate though was the feeling of something dark waiting for you, it was not a good inviting feeling to say it like that and even Andy shuddered as she healed the tiny wound in Allison's thumb.
"I so do not want to go in there."
She muttered as she drew her gun.
"But let's go finish the bitch."

(OOC: Me and my mother is going to spend a few days in her champing wagon I will try to keep up with posting with my phone but I might be a bit slower.)
avatar
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Posts : 7167
Join date : 2015-05-22
Age : 35
Location : Sotra (Norway)

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:21 am

"Flavio Baldinotti...that was the name I choose for myself when I passed my Gauntlet, but I have not been called by that for many years."He said and sigh. "I do kind of miss it, I have a name in the Dragon's Tongue that translate Dying Scream, but I have never favored it much. And the walls know me, I will not say my old Mentor's full name here as I do not want him harmed, but the walls know my former name so it do not matter if I speak it. I saw you react when I spoke my old Mentor's name though, do you know of him? Is he alive and well?"

"I prefer Flavio...as for him, if it is who I think, I may be wrong of course, but in this place, to protect him, it's best to say little."

"Reality is broken and have to go." Flavio said...

"Could it be that you, or at least your avatar that has been broken? There are things wrong with this world no doubt there is room for improvement, but that doesn't mean we need to chuck reality out wholesale, for there are good things here as well to learn."

"I was sent to spy on him...he lives in nr 35 Westriver road, though considering how much pain he is in he might have gone to a hospital or something at the moment."

"North 35 Westriver road? Hm, Yes good point he might be in a hospital," he frowned. He said to Crexia, "Hm, being mindful of names we also know some protectors of the city, maybe they would help him if asked?"

Crexia considered it then she nodded."It is worth a shot though I am not completely sure how to protect him it depend on what sort of spell Abigail is using to tap into his Avatar, but knowing where he is might be useful and we will need to find him eventually so we can protect him and offer him training." She said.

"If he's in a hospital, there might be 'crats to boot," he added with a frown. Then he glanced around for Zach - if he was still nearby, he waved him over to explain about the fellow. "We need someone to look after Flavio here..."

"We hurry through, Abigail is drawing Quintessence from in effect the soul of Chicago and she plan to drain it completely and destroy it in the process in a last ditch effort to take us and the Labyrinth with her as she go, currently she and a handful of her closest allies are holed up at the Caul, using that spirit or rather it is an Avatar, an Orphan's Avatar that she have a connection to though a sample of the man's blood, to fight off our forces and the Jade Demon who are laying siege to the Caul chamber, we must stop her before she destroy not only us but this city as well." Crexia said as she moved with urgency. "If you can gather our other prisoner so we can open her Mentor's Unbral shortcut, we have to let the men on a food run be for now and collect them when we come back."
His eyes widened as he turned to retrieve Allison, "Bloody hell... If she drains the soul of the city, won't that kill the city as certainly as a nuclear bomb? Allison, we need you now, before Abigail kills Chicago and everyone in the city!"
Allison stood a little ways from you, her eyes was wide with what Crexia was saying. "You will need a bit of my blood it holds my Resonance since I can not able to use my magick at the moment." She said and held out her bound arms. Crexia nodded as she was on her way back into the Chief's chambers to get to the short cut. "Bring the girl...yes I am not completely sure what killing the spirit of Chicago will do to the city but it will not be good for anyone so we have to act and soon.

As Crexia stepped back out and laid out Abigail's backup plan to the others, he picked his ammo back up with a thanks to Rosario. "Looks like we're back to work," he said to Cara. "Imagine if she had put all that imagination into bettering the world instead of finding creative ways to destroy it. Damn," he muttered realising not everyone was there in the room yet by the time that the blood had been drawn.

// I'll scout my books tomorrow sometime, have fun Anja!
avatar
s7trif3

Posts : 3021
Join date : 2015-05-24
Location : PST - GMT -7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:23 am

"I prefer Flavio...as for him, if it is who I think, I may be wrong of course, but in this place, to protect him, it's best to say little."

"Strangely I...appreciate being called by my old name I prefer it as well."
The Nephandus said then he nodded.
"Yes you are probably right little should be said about him where the walls can hear."
He agreed but he sigh, he clearly had wanted to hear about his old Mentor.

"Could it be that you, or at least your avatar that has been broken? There are things wrong with this world no doubt there is room for improvement, but that doesn't mean we need to chuck reality out wholesale, for there are good things here as well to learn."

"I...I never thought about it that way."
The prisoner muttered and looked down.
"She do not...shine as she used to...my Avatar I mean, she used to shine like a sun in my center...I...just never realized I...miss that, I miss it allot."
He whispered softly.
"I guess she will never shine again."

"North 35 Westriver road? Hm, Yes good point he might be in a hospital," he frowned. He said to Crexia, "Hm, being mindful of names we also know some protectors of the city, maybe they would help him if asked?"

"That is the address yes. I do not know if he is in a hospital but, ok I do not know if you have ever had any damage to your Avatar, a bad Paradox backlash perhaps, if you had no idea what was happening and you felt that then calling for an ambulance might be the first thing on your mind. I do not know much about your protectors but yes perhaps they can intervene and help the kid."

"If he's in a hospital, there might be 'crats to boot," he added with a frown. Then he glanced around for Zach - if he was still nearby, he waved him over to explain about the fellow. "We need someone to look after Flavio here..."

"Yeah I got that concern as well about the Technocrats they do keep their eyes out for anything unusual coming into the hospitals."
Crexia said and frowned.
"Perhaps we should get to him as soon as possible."

Zach still stood nearby he looked up.
"So do you want me to see if I can find this Donny Angenmire?"
He asked then he looked at Flavio.
"Ehm I can try I have never taken care of a prisoner before though if you don't count keeping one of my Cabalmates out of trouble when he was in a deep Quiet once...I am not really much of a fighter ehm...but I can try."
He said sounding uncertain. Flavio smiled a little.
"I am not going to cause problems."
He muttered and he sounded quite defeated, worn out and tired from the things you had gotten him to question about himself.

As Crexia stepped back out and laid out Abigail's backup plan to the others, he picked his ammo back up with a thanks to Rosario.

Rosario was recovering from her trance and she just gave you a slight smile as she got back to her feet and grabbed her crossbow and loaded it with an arrow.

"Looks like we're back to work," he said to Cara. "Imagine if she had put all that imagination into bettering the world instead of finding creative ways to destroy it. Damn," he muttered realising not everyone was there in the room yet by the time that the blood had been drawn.

Cara sigh and nodded.
"Yes, she is clearly a brilliant woman in her way, I wonder what went wrong to make her into the hateful creature that she is."
The Criamon said then she sigh.
"Will you be alright with fighting after your Quiet?"
She asked as she begun to head after Crexia.

Crexia begun to order everyone into formation.
"I will be going first...let us keep the healers and support in the middle, keep them safe, I need some of our fighters to make up the back...and let us go."
She said before she took a deep useless breath and readied a spell with words and gestures before stepping into the wall, into the portal and potentially into hell.

(OOC: Thank you.)
avatar
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Posts : 7167
Join date : 2015-05-22
Age : 35
Location : Sotra (Norway)

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Warpmind on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:26 am

"Massassa can loose control over themselves, that is part of their curse and they can fly into powerful rages so yes I would suggjest you give her a call to apologize first, that is safer for the both of you."
Udella said and frowned.
"She will not be happy if she ends up hurting you and since she is a Custos and a vampire well, harming a Traditionalist is likely to get her executed and the Chantry she serve punished."
Colin nodded, "I know, I've seen what... extreme emotional responses they can have. Best arrange some distance communications from a pair of safe locations."

Udella nodded and gave you a sad, pained expression.
"At times we have to use horrible means to prevent something even more horrible from happening, I know this all to well young man, I just hope it will not be necessary."
He sighed, "God, yes, I hope it won't..."

"I am not sure there should be to much light seen in that ritual, it might make it's use easier and it should not be easy, it is a terrible thing."
Udella said and sigh she gave you a tired look.
"But what you say is a personal comfort old friend, even if the guild still lay heavy on me, and it should for what I have had to do."
He shook his head, "No, the light isn't in the ritual... The chance for a fresh start wasn't due to the ritual. The circumstances of the ritual were what might make the difference; the presence of a gatherer, if you will... The outcome was entirely unexpected for almost everyone, but sometimes... sometimes there's a pleasant surprise waiting at the end of a grisly affair. We should treasure those surprises..."

The old Quesitor nodded at that.
"Well that would harm the Nephandi far more than our guns and fireballs old friend and it would bring some hope to those who have lost loved ones to the Cauls."
She said with a little smile.
He grinned, "There's a radio sketch or something from the mid-nineties... Attacking the darkness with a magic missile is remarkably futile."

"Good I am sure you will make the right choice."
Udella said but she did snicker a bit at your suggested donation to the mega churches.
He nodded, "At least the best I can with the available information. It helps to have a little luck on my side. Or Ars Fati as the Order calls it."

Rosario was just coming out of a trance after she had enchanted more of the group's ammunition so Andy came over when you called for a medic.
"How much blood?"
She asked. Allison shrugged.
"Not much I think some drops should do."
Andy nodded at that.
"I will take care of it, a knife or a needle?"
She asked and Allison shook her head.
"It do not matter whatever hurt the least I guess."
Andy smiled a little.
"A needle it is then, if you would give me your hands please."
She said after she had found a pack of sterile needles from her pack, a Verbena would need several types of equipment to draw blood. Allison held out her bound hands and Andy carefully pricked her left thumb and a few drops of blood started falling, the portal immediately reacted and one part of the wall in the old Nephanda's surprisingly normal looking bedchamber started shimmering, beyond that gate though was the feeling of something dark waiting for you, it was not a good inviting feeling to say it like that and even Andy shuddered as she healed the tiny wound in Allison's thumb.
"I so do not want to go in there."
She muttered as she drew her gun.
"But let's go finish the bitch."
He frowned at the portal as he drew a gun and held his left hand ready to raise the shield, "A part of me wants to vomit. A part of me wants to throw a few incendiaries through first. Seeing as vomiting would slow me down, and I'm out of incendiaries... no time like the present, unless you're a Chronomancer."

As Crexia stepped back out and laid out Abigail's backup plan to the others, he picked his ammo back up with a thanks to Rosario. "Looks like we're back to work," he said to Cara. "Imagine if she had put all that imagination into bettering the world instead of finding creative ways to destroy it. Damn," he muttered realising not everyone was there in the room yet by the time that the blood had been drawn.
Cara sigh and nodded.
"Yes, she is clearly a brilliant woman in her way, I wonder what went wrong to make her into the hateful creature that she is."
The Criamon said then she sigh.
"Will you be alright with fighting after your Quiet?"
She asked as she begun to head after Crexia.
He frowned, "She's got a fondness for orchids... She might've made the world a place of greater beauty, had she not... hum... Didn't someone say she was a widderslainte?"

Crexia begun to order everyone into formation.
"I will be going first...let us keep the healers and support in the middle, keep them safe, I need some of our fighters to make up the back...and let us go."
She said before she took a deep useless breath and readied a spell with words and gestures before stepping into the wall, into the portal and potentially into hell.
He nodded and stepped up to Crexia's flank, "I've got a one-off shield ready; best have it up front to intercept the first spell flung at us - they'll likely have noticed the shortcut opening..."
avatar
Warpmind

Posts : 3911
Join date : 2015-05-22
Age : 37
Location : Knarvik, Norway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Colin nodded, "I know, I've seen what... extreme emotional responses they can have. Best arrange some distance communications from a pair of safe locations."

"The good woman is not likely to come after you so one safe location should be enough, their extreme emotional responses seldom last past a few moments, I am more concerned about her ending up harming herself over such news than her trying to track you down my old friend however not being in the room with her when she is told is probably wise."
The old Quesitor said.
"Perhaps asking a certain young Verbena with wast knowledge about Massassa might be wise though, she might be able to advice how best to deliver such an apology."

He sighed, "God, yes, I hope it won't..."

Udella nodded and that and patted your hand gently, there was nothing more she could say about the matter but at least she could show support though she hoped such a horrible deed would not need doing.

He shook his head, "No, the light isn't in the ritual... The chance for a fresh start wasn't due to the ritual. The circumstances of the ritual were what might make the difference; the presence of a gatherer, if you will... The outcome was entirely unexpected for almost everyone, but sometimes... sometimes there's a pleasant surprise waiting at the end of a grisly affair. We should treasure those surprises..."

"Hum...perhaps, the question is how much of the woman is left, in either case a small hope is better than no hope you are right about that."
She said but she did not seam to completely believe what you where saying but she accepted that you believed it at least and did not protest.

He grinned, "There's a radio sketch or something from the mid-nineties... Attacking the darkness with a magic missile is remarkably futile."

"That do sound about right yes."
Udella agreed and she gave you a smile.
"More violence can only force their darkness back for a heartbeat we need to bring light back to them to truly win."

He nodded, "At least the best I can with the available information. It helps to have a little luck on my side. Or Ars Fati as the Order calls it."

"A remarkably underestimated Ars that, but ever so useful."
The old Hermetic said and smiled warmly.
"It is not the Ars I have most talent in but I have studied it regardless."

He frowned at the portal as he drew a gun and held his left hand ready to raise the shield, "A part of me wants to vomit. A part of me wants to throw a few incendiaries through first. Seeing as vomiting would slow me down, and I'm out of incendiaries... no time like the present, unless you're a Chronomancer."

"I get your...sentiment and I am undead!"
Crexia said and frowned.
"Well incendiaries is not a good idea since we have allies fighting on the other side but yes, this do not feel like a place where anyone would want to step."
She added before she stepped through the shortcut portal.

He frowned, "She's got a fondness for orchids... She might've made the world a place of greater beauty, had she not... hum... Didn't someone say she was a widderslainte?"

Adjan nodded at that.
"According to Miss Jerkins yes Abigail is a widderslainte, but as we have seen with a certain someone we both know even a widderslainte can create beauty, Abigail choose her path."
He grumbled.

He nodded and stepped up to Crexia's flank, "I've got a one-off shield ready; best have it up front to intercept the first spell flung at us - they'll likely have noticed the shortcut opening..."

Crexia nodded at that. The trip through the shortcut was...disturbing, it felt like stepping through rotting flesh that caressed every part of your body, you heard distant screams and felt hope and light begin to drain from your mind as you moved through that hellish portal, but then you where on the other side...

(OOC: Well then off I am to camping land and bathing in a lake and rolling initiative for a shit ton of characters on both sides so if you guys to would be so kind as to roll initiative I would appreciate it. I will post as often as I can until I am back.)
avatar
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Posts : 7167
Join date : 2015-05-22
Age : 35
Location : Sotra (Norway)

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Warpmind on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:07 pm

"The good woman is not likely to come after you so one safe location should be enough, their extreme emotional responses seldom last past a few moments, I am more concerned about her ending up harming herself over such news than her trying to track you down my old friend however not being in the room with her when she is told is probably wise."
The old Quesitor said.
"Perhaps asking a certain young Verbena with wast knowledge about Massassa might be wise though, she might be able to advice how best to deliver such an apology."
Colin sighed, "And she will be rather peeved, too, I'll wager... But yes, I'll need to discuss some matters with her in any case; I will need to make some arrangements for later."

"Hum...perhaps, the question is how much of the woman is left, in either case a small hope is better than no hope you are right about that."
She said but she did not seam to completely believe what you where saying but she accepted that you believed it at least and did not protest.
He smiled thinly, "Memories of love linger... and a little fear, and ability. But greatest of these is love..."

"A remarkably underestimated Ars that, but ever so useful."
The old Hermetic said and smiled warmly.
"It is not the Ars I have most talent in but I have studied it regardless."
He grinned, "My first Initiate rank, as it happens - I've sold a few lucky charms that were briefly luckier than most over-the-counter jewelry, actually... Not enough to show up on anyone's radar, as it were, but enough to give my customers a slightly better day."

"I get your...sentiment and I am undead!"
Crexia said and frowned.
"Well incendiaries is not a good idea since we have allies fighting on the other side but yes, this do not feel like a place where anyone would want to step."
She added before she stepped through the shortcut portal.
He nodded, "But our wishes are subject to the demands of the service... Push through we must."

Adjan nodded at that.
"According to Miss Jerkins yes Abigail is a widderslainte, but as we have seen with a certain someone we both know even a widderslainte can create beauty, Abigail choose her path."
He grumbled.
He nodded, "I've had the... distinct experience of meeting both freshly Fallen and widderslaintes that are far from the malevolence one should expect... There's indeed an element of choice, even when reborn already Fallen."

Crexia nodded at that. The trip through the shortcut was...disturbing, it felt like stepping through rotting flesh that caressed every part of your body, you heard distant screams and felt hope and light begin to drain from your mind as you moved through that hellish portal, but then you where on the other side...
He grimaced, suppressing a shiver as he pressed through and raised his left hand defensively...

((OOC: Init is Dex+Wits: 3+3-1 (for damage): 2,2,6,7,9... Well, not bad.))
avatar
Warpmind

Posts : 3911
Join date : 2015-05-22
Age : 37
Location : Knarvik, Norway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:43 pm

Udella nodded.
"Ah yes I think it is rather certain that the good druidess will be rather upset as well and she might have a few choice words regarding what you have done, even so having a talk with her about the matter might be most useful."

The old Enforcer smiled a little when you said what was left of Cotta was love.
"Indeed that are an important part of the Labyrinth Keeper, perhaps the best part, if something where to remain of her it is fortunate that it is that particular part."

Udella grinned when you spoke about your lucky jewlery.
"Well such trinkets are both good training and a nice thing to do for your customers my old friend, it may be you have more talent and can reach further in that particular Ars than I."

At the mouth of the shortcut Crexia looked at you and nodded.
"Yes push through we must, this madness have to end to day."
She said firmly the lich had been a part of any battles and there was a hard, determined look in her eyes as she stepped towards the portal.

Adjan gave you a look and sigh.
"That is the horror of the Caul, if the Fallen where just willess puppets in a way it would be better, who they where would be gone, but they are not, they still have their free will they are still magi, it is just that will is now influenced by a soul that want non existence, in some this lead to evil and cruelty, but not in all and they could like some we know seek the path of Oblivion for themselves and not drag others along with them, and yet there are those like Abigail, the stereotypical Nephandus that cause nothing but pain and misery."
He said sadly and shook his head.

You move through the portal, while you where still trapped in that fleshy horror you felt magick coming towards you, you could not yet see what lay behind the portal mouth but something was sent to intercept your party, you could feel it in your bones.

(OOC: I will wait for Strife's roll to have the party arrive and the fighting start.)

(OOC2: I am sorry for miss spelled words and not quoting I have not figured out how to do that on my phone but I thought a imperfect post is better than no post.)
avatar
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Posts : 7167
Join date : 2015-05-22
Age : 35
Location : Sotra (Norway)

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Tane Karyak on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:40 pm

You two have just had and ordeal, wake him not. I'll carry him, he seems fragile and fairly light. It's all set down there, so why don't you go and take a nap? You look like it's been a couple days past your curfew. he said with a bright smile. He then took the boy in his arms and prepared to leave. The boy was not heavy and after all that, he probably was not going to wake up
avatar
Tane Karyak

Posts : 842
Join date : 2015-05-22
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum