The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:36 am

"Hum...we let the ones leaving this room take her with them so she is not killed by the Caul when we take that out, but I want guards on her at all times even if she is unconscious at the moment." She said then she glanced over at Andy. "And our exhausted healer should be taken out of the room as well while we are at it."

"Very well, that sounds like a plan. We should probably consider getting an emergency evacuation ready too, in case this whole place takes it poorly."

Bess took the phone and nodded. "Off course Sir I will get right on that." She said as she begun to tap at the screen of the phone. "It is locked but give me a moment to open it and I will see what I find."

"Thanks. Just be careful, while I don't think she was into technomancy, there were some Fallen that were."

Crexia sigh and gave the Caul a sad look. "It is time to put it out of it's misery then." She said softly. "I do not think there is anything else we can do for the child it once was."

"If that is all that can be done...then yes, it would be better to do so than...this."

He nodded, "You're the one who can work it out... You will... and you'll help the poor child find peace, I'm sure." He frowned, "The Caul... I wonder, if it's a corrupted human and Avatar, what would its response to the serum be? Would that make the Caul... collapse without the magic to sustain it?"
"Well that depends this serum you speak of do it block magickal ability or magick itself, or to put it another way would it block someone affected by the magick of others from using whatever abilities that gave them? For if so then yes it should perhaps shut the Caul down, but if it is personal magick then there is a chance the Caul if what it do is magick, would not function for a while but it would not kill it."
Felicity speculated.

"Thank you for the vote of confidence, amicus but...it's all a bit muddled in my head," he admitted, sounding tired. Then he said, "I don't know; you know more of that foul poison than I do, but...is the risk of finding out worth it if we've got a reliable method at hand? I suppose I just don't' want things to...become worse than they already are." He shook his head.

"Yes...let us do that when we get out of here and this fight is done, give the child she was a grave and a memorial marker like the one you described, it...seams the right thing to do." She agreed then she looked down. "It is horrible...what these Nephandi do...just horrible."

He nodded to her.

"We should go and let the Masters work." She urged. "Can you help me get the Verbena healer out of here, she might be to tired to walk and I am not sure I can carry her on my own." The young Criamon requested. "What if you start rounding up everyone not chosen by the Lady to stay and help with what must be done, and then we can help the healer once her Covenmates are done healing her?"

"Yes, you're right," he said to Cara with a nod, as if snapping back to attention to the matters at hand. "We'll need to move the prisoner as well. And find some guards for her..." he said, relaying Crexia's information of where to go, lining up tasks to do in his head. "I'll go coordinate with him, then, to help round up the others," he said, nodding to Joakim. "Let me know when you're ready for my help," he agreed, giving her a nod and waiting to see if she had anything else to say before going to help sort out the people that would be moving. He kept an eye on the caul though, and Abigail...he seemed disinclined to stray within the thing's reach, until he was asked to help with Andy.

//
OOC: I got a request from someone who would like to join the game and I wanted to run it past you guys whatever we give him a chance to play or not it is not just my game after all. If we are accepting him as a new player i would suggest starting his character off somewhere else than Colin and Adley are so that we can see how fast this new player posts and also if he will stick with it before we merge him into the story of the other characters.

Sounds like a plan - lol, I'm sure the new player would be relieved to not start out in the middle of a Labyrinth xD
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:43 am

You felt no Qyrl around? you got powerful links there, it might have some kind of protection, be careful and stay together. Tane said, worriedly.

We manage, but there's many of the enemy agents and some of our own don't want to cooperate. We will be victorious, though, we can't doubt it.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:28 am

"Very well, that sounds like a plan. We should probably consider getting an emergency evacuation ready too, in case this whole place takes it poorly."

Crexia considered for a moment then she smiled.
"Good thinking young man, can you ask the Virtual Adept we left to watch over Flavio contact his elder about that?"

"Thanks. Just be careful, while I don't think she was into technomancy, there were some Fallen that were."

"I am grateful for your concern Sir. I will off course be careful."
Bess said and smiled politely as she worked on Abigail's phone.

"If that is all that can be done...then yes, it would be better to do so than...this."

Crexia hesitated then she sigh.
"I can...turn back time...it would cost me dearly, but I am not making the offer for you, as much as I like you young Flambeau, I hardly know you I am making the offer for Dylan, he was a member of my Chantry for so long, a kind sweet boy and then a good man, so if you think he would want me to try I will do it...however I do not know if that will restore the girl's soul, and it might be even harder to do what must be done if my spell return her into the shape of an infant child but her soul is still...still this..."
The ancient lich said and indicated the Caul with a gesture of her hand.
"But I can try if you think that is what Dylan would have wanted.

"Thank you for the vote of confidence, amicus but...it's all a bit muddled in my head," he admitted, sounding tired. Then he said, "I don't know; you know more of that foul poison than I do, but...is the risk of finding out worth it if we've got a reliable method at hand? I suppose I just don't' want things to...become worse than they already are." He shook his head.

"We could try it out on one of the vampire servant if one of them are willing their powers are not theirs but bestowed by another if it works on them then perhaps it will work on the Caul as well...only if they are willing off course."
Felicity suggested.
"But something tells me it will not be as easy as giving that thing a shot."

"Yes, you're right," he said to Cara with a nod, as if snapping back to attention to the matters at hand. "We'll need to move the prisoner as well. And find some guards for her..." he said, relaying Crexia's information of where to go, lining up tasks to do in his head. "I'll go coordinate with him, then, to help round up the others," he said, nodding to Joakim. "Let me know when you're ready for my help," he agreed,

"I will go through and help organize the ones on the other side of the shortcut, and organize those who are sent through?"
Cara offered.
"I think you can help out with the Verbena as soon as the others are done to heal her."
The Criamon said.

giving her a nod and waiting to see if she had anything else to say before going to help sort out the people that would be moving. He kept an eye on the caul though, and Abigail...he seemed disinclined to stray within the thing's reach, until he was asked to help with Andy.

Joakim glanced at you and gave you a nod but there where no time for pleasantries so he put you to work immediately. You saw that Adjan lifted Betty and gave you a smile as he carried the wounded hedge wizard towards the portal. Joakim said to you.
"Ok...we need to get the wounded through, then some more who can fight to protect them and last the prisoner...I would like to keep members of our House guarding her...ehm...can you help out with the wounded first."
He asked and indicated a group of magi he had organized who still had cuts and scrapes and more serious wounds though the healers had done their best with what they had.
"Once you have gotten them through can you help with getting the prisoner through the portal?"

(OOC: Yeah that might not be a good place to start.)

(OOC 2: I have found a good fit for Bee's appearance in film Snow White as Mary Margaret in Once Upon a Time.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:37 am

You felt no Qyrl around? you got powerful links there, it might have some kind of protection, be careful and stay together. Tane said, worriedly.

"No I have felt no Qyrl, but if I had hair anywhere they would be standing on end. It could just be a curious passerby I saw but my instincts tell me otherwise."
Coawa said in a hushed tone of voice.
"We will stay together but I did not want Strawberry and Paula out here they are like children and if there is danger I do not want them encountering it. Alessa will keep them safe until I get back, I hate to admit it but the damned spider have some bite in her."

We manage, but there's many of the enemy agents and some of our own don't want to cooperate. We will be victorious, though, we can't doubt it.

"Yes we will defeat and eat our enemies and protect the ocean and the dry land from their foul taint."
The Rokea agreed.
"Well I see no one out here I should return to the females, protect them, but something tell me that something is wrong..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:17 am

"The ability to willfully destroy an Avatar have not been around for very long no but Avatars have been lost to various forms of accidents and to vampirism for quite some time, I think that if such clusters regularly gained much beyond a rudimentary consciousness then we would have heard more about it. I have seen one form, on a ship I served on when I ad just joined the Nephandi. We did encounter there shard fogs at times and they are bloody dangerous to travel through but not so much for Sleepers so while going through one of the fogs there was a problem with the ship and we sent a pawn out to fix it, the problem was small and could be fixed manually without the aid of magick. When we got the pawn back inside we discovered that he had Awakened, that in itself was not rare, sleepers exposed to the Umbra do Awaken at times, but the nature of this man's Avatar was unusual a bunch of the shards had clumped together like when making spun sugar and formed a Avatar made of the shards of the lost. Now this guy escaped from us before we could study him much but an attempt at Gilgul would not do anything but harm his spun sugar Avatar and it was an infantile thing that yes gave some magick but really was just a bunch of tiny parts unable to reach any heights of enlightenment."
Abigail said and shrugged.
Colin nodded, "A cluster spontaneously incarnating itself in someone exposed to the Umbra like that... would not have the same shell, as it were, as one that reincarnated normally. Hearing more about it is anything but a given, as a properly incarnated cluster would be likely to have a sort of camouflage. If you have one gold statuette and ten lead statuettes, all cast in the same mold - how do you tell which is which if they're all painted the same colour?"

Joakim sigh and gave a nod at that.
"Perhaps you are right. I think there is a chance they will forgive you though, trust is another matter, that is far harder to regain."
He nodded, "The fact that I did not use force on the... donor, nor intended it as anything but a desperate last resort if we could not find any other working option... that might count in my favour, though."

"Yes but it is not really her Avatar,no energy is ever completely lost it is just made to become other things, but a fresh start would be an Avatar being reborn what you speak of is not that. I mean I donate blood regularly, yeah yeah I know it might not be a good idea for a mage to do so given the arcane connections that come with it and after seeing what that Nephandi woman could do with a vial of someone's blood perhaps I should rethink doing that, but I am young and healthy and have always seen it was a good way to give back, but anyway that means there is a tiny bit of my biomass in allot of people, and if I should die a bit of my energy will still be living in them, and while that is a nice thought of sorts it do not mean I am having a new start in them even if I am glad I could help."
Felicity said and scratched her head.
He smiled, "I think you understand better than you think you do. Blood or organ donation is not a bad simile - the original form is gone and won't be reassembled, but bits and pieces live on in others, to influence and be influenced..."

"Well that depends this serum you speak of do it block magickal ability or magick itself, or to put it another way would it block someone affected by the magick of others from using whatever abilities that gave them? For if so then yes it should perhaps shut the Caul down, but if it is personal magick then there is a chance the Caul if what it do is magick, would not function for a while but it would not kill it."
Felicity speculated.
He pondered, "The serum... blocks the connection between the Mage and the Avatar; it inhibits the Quintessence flow... I don't really know enough about the workings of a Caul to do more than ask questions, I'm afraid, hence the idle speculation."

He gave Adley a tired smile, "It's always muddled in the head before you work it out. And no, I don't suppose testing it under these circumstances is all that wise."

"We could try it out on one of the vampire servant if one of them are willing their powers are not theirs but bestowed by another if it works on them then perhaps it will work on the Caul as well...only if they are willing off course."
Felicity suggested.
"But something tells me it will not be as easy as giving that thing a shot."
He shook his head, "It... should not work on vampire servants, I think. I don't believe it can affect that sort of powers... It might, but I would not want to risk the strange interactions that might come of it."

"Ah...that is just ehm...lovely."
Felicity said sarcastically before she stepped though the portal. Cara gave a grimace and stepped though as well. You could see that the Verbena was done healing Andy and was helping her to her feet, but the healer was still rather pale and shaken and she could barely stand, Moonwater remained with her while Enrique went to check on Betty who had taken a bad hit during the fight.
He nodded and took a deep breath before stepping through, giving Andy a small nod on the way.

((OOC: Fresh meat? Sounds good to me - only two players bantering (three, once we sync up to Tane) gets a little stale quicker than five or six. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:49 am

Colin nodded, "A cluster spontaneously incarnating itself in someone exposed to the Umbra like that... would not have the same shell, as it were, as one that reincarnated normally.

"The thing is unless there is a big enough shard they can't reincarnate they are not able to and if there is a big enough shard to reincarnate then the Gilgul was not properly done."
Abigail said and shrugged.

Hearing more about it is anything but a given, as a properly incarnated cluster would be likely to have a sort of camouflage. If you have one gold statuette and ten lead statuettes, all cast in the same mold - how do you tell which is which if they're all painted the same colour?"

"So you are claiming not only do these shards reincarnate but they hide themselves? No it do not work like that Traditionalist it just do not, the only way I could see that happening is if you had a part of an Avatar, that it was not properly destroyed and then it attract other shards and form a cluster around itself, that could potentially reincarnate, potentially but then we are not talking about someone coming back from a properly performed Gilgul."

He nodded, "The fact that I did not use force on the... donor, nor intended it as anything but a desperate last resort if we could not find any other working option... that might count in my favour, though."

"It could but you did trick her and for many such a trickery when it comes to something that serious is not that much better than force."
Joakim said and frowned.
"Then again i told you not the let the good woman know what her blood would be used for."

He smiled, "I think you understand better than you think you do. Blood or organ donation is not a bad simile - the original form is gone and won't be reassembled, but bits and pieces live on in others, to influence and be influenced..."

"I then understand what you mean, however I would not call that the Avatar in question getting a new start for that Avatar is gone, that a little bit of it remain do not really change that."
Felicity said and raised and eyebrow.

He pondered, "The serum... blocks the connection between the Mage and the Avatar; it inhibits the Quintessence flow... I don't really know enough about the workings of a Caul to do more than ask questions, I'm afraid, hence the idle speculation."

"That will not work on a Caul, that thing is not a mage."
Cara said and shook her head.
"So no it will not be that easy."

He shook his head, "It... should not work on vampire servants, I think. I don't believe it can affect that sort of powers... It might, but I would not want to risk the strange interactions that might come of it."

"Strange interactions I do not think I understand."
"But if the serum only work by blocking a mage from their Avatar then it would not work on vampire servants and should not work on the Caul either."

He nodded and took a deep breath before stepping through, giving Andy a small nod on the way.

Andy returned the nod. You stepped through the portal it was no more comfortable the second time around, you got to the other side, Adjan coming through not far behind you carrying Betty in his arms, the hedge wizard was badly wounded. You see Leon and his group came running they had returned and they wanted to see who where coming through the portal.
"Is everything ok?"
Leon asked.
"You where gone when we came back? Are everyone alright?"
He asked sounding scared.
"Zach is freaking out over the prisoner...things are crazy."
He complained and his team nodded where they had come running as well to see who where coming.

(OOC: Very good then I will let the new player know he can go ahead and make himself a mage.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:48 pm

He gave Adley a tired smile, "It's always muddled in the head before you work it out. And no, I don't suppose testing it under these circumstances is all that wise."

"True, but...those feelings I received...they were alien, disturbed, but also recognizable in rudimentary ways..." He was disturbed by what he'd felt, that it had reached out to him and it was making it harder for him to deal with it.

Crexia considered for a moment then she smiled. "Good thinking young man, can you ask the Virtual Adept we left to watch over Flavio contact his elder about that?"

"Yes...should I do so now or when I get over there?"

Crexia hesitated then she sigh. "I can...turn back time...it would cost me dearly, but I am not making the offer for you, as much as I like you young Flambeau, I hardly know you I am making the offer for Dylan, he was a member of my Chantry for so long, a kind sweet boy and then a good man, so if you think he would want me to try I will do it...however I do not know if that will restore the girl's soul, and it might be even harder to do what must be done if my spell return her into the shape of an infant child but her soul is still...still this..." The ancient lich said and indicated the Caul with a gesture of her hand. "But I can try if you think that is what Dylan would have wanted.

Adley looked at the elder woman with something akin to shock on his already paled face. It took him a moment to even process all of it, and its ramifications. "I do not know if that's what he would have wanted...as for her soul, it would be cruel to have her mind and soul be corrupted so..." He looked troubled. "I don't know if the...item we carry can be used for her, I was given signs to check for and so far I don't see them here. And if I did do so here, well...let us just say I would not be in a good state afterward at the very least. I too wish to do as much right by this situation as possible for them both. To settle that part of my soul that remembers him, and the suffering of the victim before us. Give me just a moment," he requested. He didn't close his eyes but he seemed to withdraw into his own feelings and thoughts, a distant expression on his face as he attempted to find out what would bring his avatar, with its raw memories of Dylan, and Adele their peace, if the pinecone was a salvation to this brutalized and distorted creature that had once been Adele - if in fact what Crexia offered was worth the gamble with paradox and possibly his near death if he had to use the pinecone.

"I will go through and help organize the ones on the other side of the shortcut, and organize those who are sent through?" Cara offered.
"I think you can help out with the Verbena as soon as the others are done to heal her." The Criamon said.

"Alright, thank you. Can you please pass on a message for me if you arrive before me? Can you have our Adept friend that's watching over the prisoner call in his elder to arrange an emergency contingency evacuation plan?"

Joakim glanced at you and gave you a nod but there where no time for pleasantries so he put you to work immediately. You saw that Adjan lifted Betty and gave you a smile as he carried the wounded hedge wizard towards the portal. Joakim said to you. "Ok...we need to get the wounded through, then some more who can fight to protect them and last the prisoner...I would like to keep members of our House guarding her...ehm...can you help out with the wounded first." He asked and indicated a group of magi he had organized who still had cuts and scrapes and more serious wounds though the healers had done their best with what they had. "Once you have gotten them through can you help with getting the prisoner through the portal?"

He nodded back to the Chief and to Adjan then said to his superior, "Yes, sir." He began to help with the wounded, including Andy when she was ready to be moved, ferrying each one dependent on their injures.

// yeah that's close to how I picture Bee also
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:29 pm

"Yes...should I do so now or when I get over there?"

"Do so when you get over there I think that is best getting everyone who do not need to be here out of this chamber should be the first priority."
Crexia said.

Adley looked at the elder woman with something akin to shock on his already paled face. It took him a moment to even process all of it, and its ramifications. "I do not know if that's what he would have wanted...as for her soul, it would be cruel to have her mind and soul be corrupted so..." He looked troubled. "I don't know if the...item we carry can be used for her, I was given signs to check for and so far I don't see them here. And if I did do so here, well...let us just say I would not be in a good state afterward at the very least.

The old lich sigh and shook her head.
"I do not know how a Caul is created so I do not know what have happened to the girl's soul or if the...item will be of any aid to me that seam to more be of aid to Fallen Avatar this thing is neither an Avatar or an mage but there is a spiritual part to her, the biggest part in fact is spiritual, I have to admit I have no idea if the item would help."
She said and shook her head.
"You are already hurt, I saw how you used the item, to use it again now...you could die..."
She said sounding concerned.
"I am not sure if it is worth risking both you and that item on...something we have no idea if will even work."

I too wish to do as much right by this situation as possible for them both. To settle that part of my soul that remembers him, and the suffering of the victim before us. Give me just a moment," he requested.

"I understand that desire, to make right by your former incarnation and it is admirable. I do not know if turning time back on her form will do much other than make it harder to give her peace but there is a chance and I am willing to take the chance...yes...yes off course young man take the time you need."
Crexia said softly.

He didn't close his eyes but he seemed to withdraw into his own feelings and thoughts, a distant expression on his face as he attempted to find out what would bring his avatar, with its raw memories of Dylan, and Adele their peace, if the pinecone was a salvation to this brutalized and distorted creature that had once been Adele - if in fact what Crexia offered was worth the gamble with paradox and possibly his near death if he had to use the pinecone.

Crexia said nothing and let you contemplate in peace. Suddenly you felt a small hand in yours and again you saw Beatrice the way she would have looked when she had first Awakened,the girl looked up at you and smiled sadly.
"I can not give you all the answers, I am the memory of the old Forest God that the Red Lady holds she do not want to take your decisions for you bother...but what you consider is not the key...Adele is not Fallen...that would have been kinder...if she was. Back in the old days, often it was an innocent child among a Coven of witches that brought the knife to bare on the throat of a sacrifice...this is the same thing, why else would the Fallen use the soul and flesh of a baby...uncorrupted innocence becomes the gate to salvation...but that innocence are so twisted now, so broken, so tortured and it is not just her unawakened Avatar it is her entire soul...perhaps there is a path to save her in some way but it is not the grand tree's gift, that will be needed again, but not here, if the girl is to be saved there is another path."
The child said. No one else seamed to see the little girl though.

He nodded back to the Chief and to Adjan then said to his superior, "Yes, sir." He began to help with the wounded, including Andy when she was ready to be moved, ferrying each one dependent on their injures.

Andy was back on her feet now but she was ashen pale and looked like she might collapse again at any moment.
"Sorry for being a bother."
She muttered weakly as you helped her to the portal.
"I can help take her through and assist with the other wounded on the other side."
Moonwater offered. There where not that many wounded and getting them to the portal and through it did not take to long, most could walk, though a few needed a bit off support, the healers had done a good job in dealing with the worse of the injuries on the spot so you got the injured though the disgusting portal fairly quickly. There developed a bit of a ferrying system where you got the wounded to the portal and then other hands got supported though through.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:45 pm

"So you are claiming not only do these shards reincarnate but they hide themselves? No it do not work like that Traditionalist it just do not, the only way I could see that happening is if you had a part of an Avatar, that it was not properly destroyed and then it attract other shards and form a cluster around itself, that could potentially reincarnate, potentially but then we are not talking about someone coming back from a properly performed Gilgul."
Colin smiled, "A fair enough assessment. On another note, I am curious - and I might never learn if I don't ask now - the parcel you tried to steal from the Mercere... what did you want it for? I know what it is, but not why."

"It could but you did trick her and for many such a trickery when it comes to something that serious is not that much better than force."
Joakim said and frowned.
"Then again i told you not the let the good woman know what her blood would be used for."
He nodded, "No, not much better... Only in that there were no physical injuries. And the emotional harm is likely worse..."

"I then understand what you mean, however I would not call that the Avatar in question getting a new start for that Avatar is gone, that a little bit of it remain do not really change that."
He shrugged, "No, not the whole Avatar... but not all is destroyed, and the miniscule fragments that remain have a chance to slowly creep their way to Ascension. It's... something of a working hypothesis, on its way to theory, but I am quite certain the fragments of Fallen Avatars can be redeemed piecemeal, in a newly formed Avatar. A little piece of Fallen, a little piece of non-Fallen, and so on, all becoming a sort of mosaic, eventually becoming a cohesive whole able to Incarnate for the first time... and the cycle starts anew."

"True, but...those feelings I received...they were alien, disturbed, but also recognizable in rudimentary ways..." He was disturbed by what he'd felt, that it had reached out to him and it was making it harder for him to deal with it.
He nodded, "I suppose they would be... Still, I expect you'll manage to sort them out eventually."

"That will not work on a Caul, that thing is not a mage."
Cara said and shook her head.
"So no it will not be that easy."
He nodded, "I didn't really think so."

"Strange interactions I do not think I understand."
"But if the serum only work by blocking a mage from their Avatar then it would not work on vampire servants and should not work on the Caul either."
He frowned, "It seems the serum is... the Technocracy's failed attempt at replicating a Hermetic lichdom potion... While it suppresses a Mage's Avatar, it also slowly builds up clumps of metal particles in the brain, leading to... well, let's just say the brain is far too delicate for that."

Andy returned the nod. You stepped through the portal it was no more comfortable the second time around, you got to the other side, Adjan coming through not far behind you carrying Betty in his arms, the hedge wizard was badly wounded. You see Leon and his group came running they had returned and they wanted to see who where coming through the portal.
"Is everything ok?"
Leon asked.
"You where gone when we came back? Are everyone alright?"
He asked sounding scared.
"Zach is freaking out over the prisoner...things are crazy."
He complained and his team nodded where they had come running as well to see who where coming.
He nodded to Leon, "Things became rushed once it turned out the prisoner didn't need to be tortured after all, so we pushed through. A few injuries, no more fatalities on our side, it seems... and Abigail lives and is in captivity. The Masters are preparing to destroy the Caul and the Labyrinth... so time to prepare to pack up and leave."
He frowned, "What's wrong with the prisoner, then?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:48 pm

He nodded, "I suppose they would be... Still, I expect you'll manage to sort them out eventually."

"Thank you."

"Do so when you get over there I think that is best getting everyone who do not need to be here out of this chamber should be the first priority." Crexia said.

"Understood."

"I do not know how a Caul is created so I do not know what have happened to the girl's soul or if the...item will be of any aid to me that seam to more be of aid to Fallen Avatar this thing is neither an Avatar or an mage but there is a spiritual part to her, the biggest part in fact is spiritual, I have to admit I have no idea if the item would help." She said and shook her head. "You are already hurt, I saw how you used the item, to use it again now...you could die..." She said sounding concerned. "I am not sure if it is worth risking both you and that item on...something we have no idea if will even work."

"Likewise, I don't know that you should risk such a time manipulation, unless there is some benefit."

Crexia said nothing and let you contemplate in peace. Suddenly you felt a small hand in yours and again you saw Beatrice the way she would have looked when she had first Awakened,the girl looked up at you and smiled sadly. "I can not give you all the answers, I am the memory of the old Forest God that the Red Lady holds she do not want to take your decisions for you bother...but what you consider is not the key...Adele is not Fallen...that would have been kinder...if she was. Back in the old days, often it was an innocent child among a Coven of witches that brought the knife to bare on the throat of a sacrifice...this is the same thing, why else would the Fallen use the soul and flesh of a baby...uncorrupted innocence becomes the gate to salvation...but that innocence are so twisted now, so broken, so tortured and it is not just her unawakened Avatar it is her entire soul...perhaps there is a path to save her in some way but it is not the grand tree's gift, that will be needed again, but not here, if the girl is to be saved there is another path."

"No, I know you cannot give me all the answers...but these decisions are greater than any human wisdom can contemplate readily, with such long lasting effects. I admit to being overwhelmed; that spark of her offer...I could not let it go without considering it as best I could. But what other path could there be? If we end it's...existence here in the manner of fire or death, would that be a release, a chance,  or later redemption? Or would her working render her a child again, and then...? I cannot understand fate and only in retrospect the patterns that become formed. It always feels too late when I understand; I do not want to create more suffering. Perhaps I should have asked my friend the Euthanatos before bothering you but...it is not really only my decision. I can see that your brother did not get any choices, nor the child. I can only imagine what he might want of this situation, but it is still coloured by my own wishes. And my avatar has memories of him, and all the others, that carry this fate forward until it is resolved. That is why I ask, thank you for helping me see that it is not the right place for this key that you have bestowed." He wasn't sure if he were murmuring aloud or not, though he was directing his attention toward the feeling of the girl holding his hand.

Andy was back on her feet now but she was ashen pale and looked like she might collapse again at any moment. "Sorry for being a bother." She muttered weakly as you helped her to the portal. "I can help take her through and assist with the other wounded on the other side." Moonwater offered.

"You are no bother," he assured her. "Your work was hard and it cost you, there is no shame in it," he said. Then he nodded to Moonwater. "Thank you."

Last edited by s7trif3 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:20 pm

Colin smiled, "A fair enough assessment. On another note, I am curious - and I might never learn if I don't ask now - the parcel you tried to steal from the Mercere... what did you want it for? I know what it is, but not why."

Abigail shrugged.
"That Traditionalist is my concern not yours."

He nodded, "No, not much better... Only in that there were no physical injuries. And the emotional harm is likely worse..."

Joakim looked rather grim and he sigh.
"Yes...well let us just hope you are as skilled a smooth talker with the two ladies as you have been with our enemies and manage to combine that with truth."
He said softly.
"And let us hope our Custos will not...suffer to much of a loss of trust in all of us from this."

He shrugged, "No, not the whole Avatar... but not all is destroyed, and the miniscule fragments that remain have a chance to slowly creep their way to Ascension. It's... something of a working hypothesis, on its way to theory, but I am quite certain the fragments of Fallen Avatars can be redeemed piecemeal, in a newly formed Avatar. A little piece of Fallen, a little piece of non-Fallen, and so on, all becoming a sort of mosaic, eventually becoming a cohesive whole able to Incarnate for the first time... and the cycle starts anew."

"That still sound like redeeming a criminal by cutting them open and selling their organs to me, it is not the same Avatar, that Avatar is not saved it is destroyed, and if you excuse me for being rude but how do you know that those shards can reach Asencion? From all I have heard about such shards which is not much but even so they are fairly unenlightened."
Felicity said she sounded quite doubtful.

He nodded, "I didn't really think so."

Cara just nodded at that.

He frowned, "It seems the serum is... the Technocracy's failed attempt at replicating a Hermetic lichdom potion... While it suppresses a Mage's Avatar, it also slowly builds up clumps of metal particles in the brain, leading to... well, let's just say the brain is far too delicate for that."

"You mean what...the Lady took to become what she is?"
Felicity asked she looked rather shocked.
"Damn it is not a good idea to use that serum on anyone one want to keep alive then."

He nodded to Leon, "Things became rushed once it turned out the prisoner didn't need to be tortured after all, so we pushed through. A few injuries, no more fatalities on our side, it seems... and Abigail lives and is in captivity.

"That is fantastic news."
Leon said and grinned he seamed quite relieved.
"No one else died? That is great..."
The young Hermetic said and he sounded quite happy.
"And we got that bitch Abigail...hell...we won then did we not? We won?"

The Masters are preparing to destroy the Caul and the Labyrinth... so time to prepare to pack up and leave."

"Good I can not wait to get the fuck out of this literal hellhole, what about the Umbroods though we have a few down here, the trash lady and that freaky one with the claws we need to get them out of here before the place blows..."
The Jerbiton said and drew a hand through his hair.
"We can not just leave them!"

He frowned, "What's wrong with the prisoner, then?"

"Honestly I don't know. We came back from raiding the kitchen, the prisoner looked rather worn you know so Zach wanted to give him some water and he did while I stood watch, some time after he begun talking you know telling what he knew of this Lisa Larson's Labyrinth, he did not know much but he told some rather scary shit. Then he was silent again for a little while before he started trashing on the floor, clearly in pain, I had been standing guard but I went into the room he is in to help out but we could find nothing wrong with the man, we asked him if his hands hurt in all that rock but he said no...then after a while he started weeping and spoke to someone we could not see and then he went into a Quiet or a Seeking...we did nothing to him he just went into a mindscape and Zach is freaking out."
Leon said and frowned.
"Like I said we did nothing.

"Likewise, I don't know that you should risk such a time manipulation, unless there is some benefit."

"If such a manipulation could save that child...it is worth it but I do not know, it would have to be carefully done just restoring her shape to what it was 70 years ago without affecting her existence for those years to try to remove the Labyrinth's Caul 70 years in the past so none of the Falls that have happened her over the years would have happened, no not even I have that kind of power, it would be a most delicate operation, but there is a chance..."

"No, I know you cannot give me all the answers...but these decisions are greater than any human wisdom can contemplate readily, with such long lasting effects. I admit to being overwhelmed; that spark of Crexia's offer...I could not let it go without considering it as best I could. But what other path could there be? If we end it's...existence here in the manner of fire or death, would that be a release, a chance, or later redemption?

"Human wisdom can be wast brother as long as the human in question do not think they posses it."
The little girl said and smiled a little.
"If the Caul is destroyed it would release her Avatar, it is traumatized but whole and with time and several reincarnations he can recover, but the girl's soul, her Avatar's home will be lost it is twisted beyond recognition."

Or would Crexia's working render her a child again, and then...? I cannot understand fate and only in retrospect the patterns that become formed. It always feels too late when I understand; I do not want to create more suffering. Perhaps I should have asked my friend the Euthanatos before bothering you but...it is not really only my decision.

"I am a memory living inside of your being you do not bother me you bother yourself. Fate is what it is, I am not reading it, not until you learn such arts can I advice you on fate. This piece of me do not know if Crexia's working will be successful, it could go one of two ways if she pulls it off, the happy outcome where everything is restored, the girl is restored to what she was the moment before Abigail changed her, she would still have been a Caul for all these years but her from and soul would be restored, like pressing reset on a computer, that would be the happy outcome, but there is also a chance her form will be restored and not her soul...that is not a happy outcome and it is far harder to destroy a crying child to give it peace than a monstrosity that is growing out of the floor."

I can see that, Dylan did not get any choices, nor Adele. I can only imagine what he might want of this situation, but it is still coloured by my own wishes. And my avatar has memories of him, and all the others, that carry this fate forward until it is resolved. That is why I ask, thank you for helping me see that it is not the right place for this key that you have bestowed." He wasn't sure if he were murmuring aloud or not, though he was directing his attention toward the feeling of the girl holding his hand.

"If...the happy outcome happens nothing would have pleased Dylan more, he might not have been able to care for the child if he had lived...he would have made sure she was given to loving parents, but what he suffered to make her...it would be to painful for him but he would be happy to hear she had been saved. If the unhappy outcome happened though that would cause him so much more pain, to see a crying child be dead of soul and twisted and needing to be destroyed...that would be a black outcome indeed. It is a risk brother...a terrible risk and only you can decide."
The girl said and she held onto your hand and looked up at you.
"I wish I could give you the right answer, but I can't..."

"You are no bother," he assured her. "Your work was hard and it cost you, there is no shame in it," he said. Then he nodded to Moonwater. "Thank you."

Andy sigh and nodded she took a deep breath and winced.
"Thank you for...your words Hermetic...I will try to compose myself enough to be useful again, we still have wounded, right now though I fear I could not cast a spell if my life depended on it."
She grunted, annoyed with herself as Moonwater took over supporting her towards the portal.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:44 pm

"If...the happy outcome happens nothing would have pleased Dylan more, he might not have been able to care for the child if he had lived...he would have made sure she was given to loving parents, but what he suffered to make her...it would be to painful for him but he would be happy to hear she had been saved. If the unhappy outcome happened though that would cause him so much more pain, to see a crying child be dead of soul and twisted and needing to be destroyed...that would be a black outcome indeed. It is a risk brother...a terrible risk and only you can decide." The girl said and she held onto your hand and looked up at you. "I wish I could give you the right answer, but I can't..."

"You have helped me look at it fairly though, what the true choices are and what may happen. That is helpful. And though I may let her know, she still is the one that will take the most risk, besides myself and my avatar, so she should know as well. Thank you." He squeezed the hand a little, as if saying goodbye and then blinked. His eyes felt as if they'd been staring, and he resisted the urge to rub them. To Crexia, he said, "The item we were given cannot be used here, it would be no benefit since the girl was not Fallen. Your offer...if it worked, could restore the girl's human soul back to what it was before it was ill used, when it still had a name. It would still have been a caul but it would be like being reset. If it did not work, the outcome would be horrific, as you realised. It would seem a child, but its human soul would still be twisted and the poor thing would need to be ended." He frowned. "I am not sure if there are shades of grey so much as it works or does not work, and it would be very hard and cost. If instead we choose to destroy the caul, the twisted part of her human soul would perish but her avatar would be released. In many incarnations it could recover from what happened to it, for it is not in itself Fallen. As for what he would have wanted...he is more like me, I can see now. He would wish for the best outcome, though he would not be able to care for the child himself, he would wish it good home and life. But...if things turned poorly, it would be a true agony for them both, beyond what has already occurred." He frowned. "I saw a tombstone within its desires. Part of me wonders if it does not simply wish to end it's unfathomable existence, beyond what we might want." He sighed and glanced over at the thing.

Andy sigh and nodded she took a deep breath and winced."Thank you for...your words Hermetic...I will try to compose myself enough to be useful again, we still have wounded, right now though I fear I could not cast a spell if my life depended on it."

"Of course," he said, helping her through and then attending to the other chores that were in the queue.

// whups Adley's chat seems to have send Flavio into a Seeking/Quiet - not sure which is worse, considering he's Fallen and in the middle of a Labyrinth.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:15 am

"You have helped me look at it fairly though, what the true choices are and what may happen. That is helpful. And though I may let her know, she still is the one that will take the most risk, besides myself and my avatar, so she should know as well. Thank you." He squeezed the hand a little, as if saying goodbye and then blinked.

The little girl looked up and you and nodded.
"There is great risk, and sadness in each path, and yes the archmage will accept the greatest part of it."
She agreed and squeezed your hand back before she slowly faded away, just a memory within your Avatar once again.

His eyes felt as if they'd been staring, and he resisted the urge to rub them. To Crexia, he said, "The item we were given cannot be used here, it would be no benefit since the girl was not Fallen.

Crexia nodded at that.
"I see I expected as much."

Your offer...if it worked, could restore the girl's human soul back to what it was before it was ill used, when it still had a name. It would still have been a caul but it would be like being reset. If it did not work, the outcome would be horrific, as you realised. It would seem a child, but its human soul would still be twisted and the poor thing would need to be ended." He frowned. "I am not sure if there are shades of grey so much as it works or does not work, and it would be very hard and cost. If instead we choose to destroy the caul, the twisted part of her human soul would perish but her avatar would be released. In many incarnations it could recover from what happened to it, for it is not in itself Fallen.

The old archmage looked at you as you talked then she nodded these where the risks and outcomes she had predicted.
"I suspect there are shades of gray yes, and those would be even worse for then a very difficult choice would have to be made, if the girl where a abomination in the shape of a child then our options would have been made rather clear to us, to give her release from her suffering, but what if her soul where mostly restored but a part of the corruption remained what then...it would be a most difficult situation."
Crexia said darkly.

As for what he would have wanted...he is more like me, I can see now. He would wish for the best outcome, though he would not be able to care for the child himself, he would wish it good home and life. But...if things turned poorly, it would be a true agony for them both, beyond what has already occurred." He frowned.

The lich nodded sadly.
"Yes I suspect he would have wanted the best for the child, he was a kind man, there is this image of Etherites as unfeeling, cold scientists but he was never that, he was a good kid and as such I do think you are right if this went poorly then, that would be horrible for him and would bring him much grief."
She said softly and shook her head.

"I saw a tombstone within its desires. Part of me wonders if it does not simply wish to end it's unfathomable existence, beyond what we might want." He sighed and glanced over at the thing.

The Caul where pulsating and it's tentacles moved now and again, a fleshy portal to a realm beyond horror. Crexia nodded.
"It might mean that. I mean if I had been made into such a thing, the only thing I would have wanted was for it to end, I would have longed to be destroyed."
She agreed.
"It is up to you Sodalis, you are the one who have the best insight into what the young man who fathered her would have wanted, I am willing to take the risk to try to save her for his sake, but I am also prepared to destroy the thing and be done with it."

"Of course," he said, helping her through and then attending to the other chores that were in the queue.

Well your tasks involved getting everyone who was not needed to deal with the Caul through the portal, directing everyone through and then getting Abigail through and setting up a guard arrangement for her. You and Joakim guided everyone out of the Caul chamber that was a rather quick and efficient process, that left Abigail, still unconscious on the floor, she needed to be carried though and then placed under guard.
"Should I carry her? You might not want to touch her any further Sodalis."
Joakim offered.

(OOC: Well Nephandi likes it at Labyrinths, but yes Adley sent the poor Nephandus into a Seeking or a Quiet, it happens. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:39 pm

Abigail shrugged.
"That Traditionalist is my concern not yours."
Colin shook his head, "I'm afraid anything related to Heylel Teomim concerns a lot more people than just you. From a humble interested Orphan like me to the Council of Nine, there are a lot of people who would want to know about such matters, so I'm afraid I must dispute that statement of yours."

Joakim looked rather grim and he sigh.
"Yes...well let us just hope you are as skilled a smooth talker with the two ladies as you have been with our enemies and manage to combine that with truth."
He said softly.
"And let us hope our Custos will not...suffer to much of a loss of trust in all of us from this."
He frowned, "It's easier to get under the skin of a formal, impersonal enemy than it is to recover the broken trust of a friend, I'm afraid... But yes, the fact that preparations were made essentially in secrecy from everyone will probably soften the blow for the Chantry's residents, if not for me and you... Then again, depending on how much she knows of your history, she might sympathize with you in your feelings about it..."

"That still sound like redeeming a criminal by cutting them open and selling their organs to me, it is not the same Avatar, that Avatar is not saved it is destroyed, and if you excuse me for being rude but how do you know that those shards can reach Asencion? From all I have heard about such shards which is not much but even so they are fairly unenlightened."
Felicity said she sounded quite doubtful.
He shook his head, "As I said earlier, liken the fragments to sword fragments from several different swords. Some may have had a dark and bloody history of slaughter, some may have been raised only in defense, but they've all been shattered over the years... so someone takes pieces from all the swords and forge them into a new sword; it is none of the other swords, but a new blade, and that blade can be used for good or evil without the history associated with the other blades... each fragment is incapable on its own, unable to grow and rise up, but when they merge together, when they bond to one another, they can form a new, magnificent whole and gain consciousness anew. If enough pieces of the same Avatar are in that cluster, perhaps it will become dominant and remember things... but I don't know if that's even a likely event; I am inclined to suspect it will be the equivalent of a blank slate... not starting over so much as an actual new beginning."

"You mean what...the Lady took to become what she is?"
Felicity asked she looked rather shocked.
"Damn it is not a good idea to use that serum on anyone one want to keep alive then."
He nodded, "The Union didn't get the formula right - the colour is wrong and... I don't believe the Hermetic potion contains Primium particles, but the serum does... and a human body can only flush out so much of it..."

"That is fantastic news."
Leon said and grinned he seamed quite relieved.
"No one else died? That is great..."
The young Hermetic said and he sounded quite happy.
"And we got that bitch Abigail...hell...we won then did we not? We won?"
He nodded, "We won... and the vampire blood I held in reserve for miss Carlyle and Abigail has been destroyed... We had casualties, of course, but we have good healers... and the Jade Demon was polite and left with his household."

"Good I can not wait to get the fuck out of this literal hellhole, what about the Umbroods though we have a few down here, the trash lady and that freaky one with the claws we need to get them out of here before the place blows..."
The Jerbiton said and drew a hand through his hair.
"We can not just leave them!"
He nodded and pointed to the Dreamspeaker, "I know - that's part of why I came out here - she is going to try to call my friend at the entrance while I call the lady of the recycling plant. And we needed to get to you, as well..."

"Honestly I don't know. We came back from raiding the kitchen, the prisoner looked rather worn you know so Zach wanted to give him some water and he did while I stood watch, some time after he begun talking you know telling what he knew of this Lisa Larson's Labyrinth, he did not know much but he told some rather scary shit. Then he was silent again for a little while before he started trashing on the floor, clearly in pain, I had been standing guard but I went into the room he is in to help out but we could find nothing wrong with the man, we asked him if his hands hurt in all that rock but he said no...then after a while he started weeping and spoke to someone we could not see and then he went into a Quiet or a Seeking...we did nothing to him he just went into a mindscape and Zach is freaking out."
Leon said and frowned.
"Like I said we did nothing.
He frowned, "I guess he and his Avatar must have had much to talk about... I don't know what my Cabalmate said to him, but those words must have cut deeper than expected... Tell Zach to calm down and get ready to haul the fellow out - to make preparations for an emergency extraction, just in case."

He took a deep breath, "Now if you will excuse me, I have a powerful spirit to close a deal with..."
He took a few steps away from the security chief's room, and found a spot where he was reasonably alone, holding up the ring retrieved from Abigail, "O spirit of the recycling plant, Abigail is defeated, and I hold up the ring your child is held in..."

((OOC: Well, if Flavio is in a Seeking, I expect the equivalent of a serious chewing out is going on. Then again, he might be treading the path of Susannah Florentine, which would be decidedly better. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:23 pm

Colin shook his head, "I'm afraid anything related to Heylel Teomim concerns a lot more people than just you. From a humble interested Orphan like me to the Council of Nine, there are a lot of people who would want to know about such matters, so I'm afraid I must dispute that statement of yours."

"Well yes I guess you are right that the master alchemist concern many of us, that however do not mean that I will be forthcoming with any information regarding Teomim or anything else Traditionalist."
Abigail said and she gave you a bit of a scowl.

He frowned, "It's easier to get under the skin of a formal, impersonal enemy than it is to recover the broken trust of a friend, I'm afraid... But yes, the fact that preparations were made essentially in secrecy from everyone will probably soften the blow for the Chantry's residents, if not for me and you... Then again, depending on how much she knows of your history, she might sympathize with you in your feelings about it..."

"Yes such trust can be hard to regain an enemy will expect deceit but an friend...the rest of the Chantry will probably be fine they will understand that some secrecy had to be kept but when it comes to the vampire blood...it is more of a problem, especially with the woman you got it from."
Joakim looked sad for a moment then he sigh.
"I have not told her directly but...I think she suspect."
He muttered.
"She might sympathize but I am not sure I deserve that sympathy since I was willing to let the same thing happen to another."

He shook his head, "As I said earlier, liken the fragments to sword fragments from several different swords. Some may have had a dark and bloody history of slaughter, some may have been raised only in defense, but they've all been shattered over the years... so someone takes pieces from all the swords and forge them into a new sword; it is none of the other swords, but a new blade, and that blade can be used for good or evil without the history associated with the other blades... each fragment is incapable on its own, unable to grow and rise up, but when they merge together, when they bond to one another, they can form a new, magnificent whole and gain consciousness anew. If enough pieces of the same Avatar are in that cluster, perhaps it will become dominant and remember things... but I don't know if that's even a likely event; I am inclined to suspect it will be the equivalent of a blank slate... not starting over so much as an actual new beginning."

"I am not protesting that Sir and I wish such shard collectives all the best I still do not see it as a good argument for Gilgul not being permanent though or that it makes the rite any less horrible. This whole debate begun with me telling you that my Tradition are generally against the Gilgul rite being used, we are against the destruction of something...something holy that we hardly know enough about, we are like children destroying a mind vase we just do not know it's value, and even if a small part or two of a destroyed Avatar might find a new existence that fact do not change."
Felicity said and sigh.
"But this topic is getting rather grim don't you think?"
She asked and shuddered.

He nodded, "The Union didn't get the formula right - the colour is wrong and... I don't believe the Hermetic potion contains Primium particles, but the serum does... and a human body can only flush out so much of it..."

"I have no idea what the Hermetic potion contain but Primium do not seam like a likely ingredient."
Felicity said and shook her head.
"So bits of Primium is left in your body...that is nasty, remind me never to let myself by restrained by something like that even if I am at the brink of a Quiet or something..."

He nodded, "We won... and the vampire blood I held in reserve for miss Carlyle and Abigail has been destroyed... We had casualties, of course, but we have good healers... and the Jade Demon was polite and left with his household."

"Well fuck...some good luck for a change...fuck that is excellent news."
Leon said and grinned, as you spoke with him several of the wounded where coming through and the young Hermetic got busy helping a woman you think was named Hannah to sit down and get weight of a wounded foot. You see Adjan come through carrying Betty as well as Andy and the two other Verbena. Andy sat down on the floor some distance from the portal, still looking tired while her two friends directed Adjan to a corner to put Betty down in so they could work on the hedge wizard.

He nodded and pointed to the Dreamspeaker, "I know - that's part of why I came out here - she is going to try to call my friend at the entrance while I call the lady of the recycling plant. And we needed to get to you, as well..."

Leon nodded.
"I see, ok very well."
Felicity nodded and she walked a bit away from the rest of you and sat down with her shell rattle softly shaking it and closing her eyes.

He frowned, "I guess he and his Avatar must have had much to talk about... I don't know what my Cabalmate said to him, but those words must have cut deeper than expected... Tell Zach to calm down and get ready to haul the fellow out - to make preparations for an emergency extraction, just in case."

"Yeah...ok but I mean is it safe to leave him in that mindscape?"
Leon asked he scratched his head again.
"Ok I will try to get Zach to stop freaking out and call home so to speak to set something up, I assume it is due to the Caul we might need to haul ass out of here quickly?"
He asked as he headed to the living room of the Chief's chambers, the portal being in her bedroom.
"And I will tell him to get the prisoner ready...hey Zach...yeah calm down...that Nephandus is probably going to be fine, for now...can you call Morningstar?"
He said before he closed the door.

He took a deep breath, "Now if you will excuse me, I have a powerful spirit to close a deal with..."
He took a few steps away from the security chief's room, and found a spot where he was reasonably alone, holding up the ring retrieved from Abigail, "O spirit of the recycling plant, Abigail is defeated, and I hold up the ring your child is held in..."

You saw Zach and Leon talk when you walked past them on your way out of the Chief's chambers, Zach where clearly nervous, on the ground lay the prisoner he was pale and unmoving and breathing very slowly, he seamed to be completely out of it. You got out into the hallway and found a reasonably private spot and called for the trash heap Umbrood. After a few moments she was just there in front of you, her glass shard eyes looking at you and she reached out her hand.
"Give him to me Craftsman."
She said with urgency in her voice.
"I want to be reunited with my child."

(OOC: Well I guess that will not become clear before Flavio wakes up in either case he and his Avatar have some things to talk about.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:45 pm

"Well yes I guess you are right that the master alchemist concern many of us, that however do not mean that I will be forthcoming with any information regarding Teomim or anything else Traditionalist."
Abigail said and she gave you a bit of a scowl.
Colin smiled, "That's different; I can understand that."

"Yes such trust can be hard to regain an enemy will expect deceit but an friend...the rest of the Chantry will probably be fine they will understand that some secrecy had to be kept but when it comes to the vampire blood...it is more of a problem, especially with the woman you got it from."
Joakim looked sad for a moment then he sigh.
"I have not told her directly but...I think she suspect."
He muttered.
"She might sympathize but I am not sure I deserve that sympathy since I was willing to let the same thing happen to another."
He nodded and gave Joakim a light pat on the shoulder, "The important thing is, we avoided the worst. And God willing, we'll never have to prepare for that again. With a little luck, we can put that demon back in the proverbial bottle, and never have to speak of it again..."

"I am not protesting that Sir and I wish such shard collectives all the best I still do not see it as a good argument for Gilgul not being permanent though or that it makes the rite any less horrible. This whole debate begun with me telling you that my Tradition are generally against the Gilgul rite being used, we are against the destruction of something...something holy that we hardly know enough about, we are like children destroying a mind vase we just do not know it's value, and even if a small part or two of a destroyed Avatar might find a new existence that fact do not change."
Felicity said and sigh.
"But this topic is getting rather grim don't you think?"
She asked and shuddered.
He nodded slowly, "Of course... The rite is still a horror, and grossly overused... and I do agree with your Tradition's stance on the matter; my glimmer of hope for the victims of it is not intended as approval of the rite - quite the contrary, it serves to emphasize the needless cruelty of it. And yes, it is getting a bit... grim."

"I have no idea what the Hermetic potion contain but Primium do not seam like a likely ingredient."
Felicity said and shook her head.
"So bits of Primium is left in your body...that is nasty, remind me never to let myself by restrained by something like that even if I am at the brink of a Quiet or something..."
He nodded, "Going by the assessment of the physician who informed me of this in five years, one dose is probably safe enough, and the body should be able to get rid of the particulate residue in fairly short order. Two days in a row, probably still within safe limits. Three days on the serum would be the extreme limit of what could be considered safe, I think... but even if I were to use the serum on someone friendly, I would limit it to perhaps one day out of a year or two at the most; no more frequent than that... Still, we know a little more about what to look for now, so that assessment may be adjusted soon. Perhaps three days is optimistic, perhaps it is pessimistic... in any case, I don't believe a single dose will do detectable harm, but all the same I would prefer external restraints like handcuffs or a magicless room..."

"Well fuck...some good luck for a change...fuck that is excellent news."
Leon said and grinned, as you spoke with him several of the wounded where coming through and the young Hermetic got busy helping a woman you think was named Hannah to sit down and get weight of a wounded foot. You see Adjan come through carrying Betty as well as Andy and the two other Verbena. Andy sat down on the floor some distance from the portal, still looking tired while her two friends directed Adjan to a corner to put Betty down in so they could work on the hedge wizard.
He nodded, "Could have been... better... but I will take what I can get."

"Yeah...ok but I mean is it safe to leave him in that mindscape?"
Leon asked he scratched his head again.
"Ok I will try to get Zach to stop freaking out and call home so to speak to set something up, I assume it is due to the Caul we might need to haul ass out of here quickly?"
He asked as he headed to the living room of the Chief's chambers, the portal being in her bedroom.
"And I will tell him to get the prisoner ready...hey Zach...yeah calm down...that Nephandus is probably going to be fine, for now...can you call Morningstar?"
He said before he closed the door.
He arched an eyebrow, "I've been sent in to retrieve a friend from a Quiet today already. I'd rather not be sent in to pull an enemy out of a Seeking as well, nor would I want anyone else to do so, either... I don't think there's anything we can do about the mindscape he's in, and he's not going to do anything while he is in there, is he? Just make sure we have people prepared to restrain him should he wake up. It could take a while..."
He nodded, "The Caul might be closely linked to the Labyrinth creature. Ending one might aggravate the other. It would be best to have the place cleared out before the last task here is begun, just in case."

You saw Zach and Leon talk when you walked past them on your way out of the Chief's chambers, Zach where clearly nervous, on the ground lay the prisoner he was pale and unmoving and breathing very slowly, he seamed to be completely out of it.
He looked down at Flavio and nodded to Zach, "He looks fine; it looks like a Seeking, so he might have something odd to say when he comes to... best make sure his magic is restrained then."

You got out into the hallway and found a reasonably private spot and called for the trash heap Umbrood. After a few moments she was just there in front of you, her glass shard eyes looking at you and she reached out her hand.
"Give him to me Craftsman."
She said with urgency in her voice.
"I want to be reunited with my child."
He bowed quickly and handed over the ring, "Here... I do not know how to extract your child from the ring, but if you cannot bring him out either, we have people willing to do so, as a courtesy to you."
He took a small step back, "And for the other matter, that of the incorrect dumping at your home in the physical world - what can you tell me of the place and the matters wrongly hidden there? The more I know of it, the quicker the mortal agency set to investigate such crimes and punish the guilty can act."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:16 pm

Colin smiled, "That's different; I can understand that."

Abigail scowled at you but nodded.

He nodded and gave Joakim a light pat on the shoulder, "The important thing is, we avoided the worst. And God willing, we'll never have to prepare for that again. With a little luck, we can put that demon back in the proverbial bottle, and never have to speak of it again..."

"Demons tends to be harder to put back into bottles than it is to get a angry cat into it's kitty cage, when we have first considered such a horrid weapon, even if we thank the heavens did not need to use it, it is always the chance there will be...easier to reach for it in the future."
Joakim said and sounded quite concerned.
"Well let us pray that do not turn out to be the case, and focus on the tasks at hand for now."
He muttered.

He nodded slowly, "Of course... The rite is still a horror, and grossly overused... and I do agree with your Tradition's stance on the matter; my glimmer of hope for the victims of it is not intended as approval of the rite - quite the contrary, it serves to emphasize the needless cruelty of it. And yes, it is getting a bit... grim."

Felicity looked rather grim and she sigh.
"I guess we just disagree on how much hope there is in what you are describing Sir, but yes I think we have discussed the topic to it's conclusion, at least right here and now, this bloody situation is bad enough as it is we do not need a macabre topic of discussion as well."
She commented.

He nodded, "Going by the assessment of the physician who informed me of this in five years, one dose is probably safe enough, and the body should be able to get rid of the particulate residue in fairly short order. Two days in a row, probably still within safe limits. Three days on the serum would be the extreme limit of what could be considered safe, I think... but even if I were to use the serum on someone friendly, I would limit it to perhaps one day out of a year or two at the most; no more frequent than that... Still, we know a little more about what to look for now, so that assessment may be adjusted soon. Perhaps three days is optimistic, perhaps it is pessimistic... in any case, I don't believe a single dose will do detectable harm, but all the same I would prefer external restraints like handcuffs or a magicless room..."

The young Dreamspeaker nodded and sigh.
"The problem is that enchanted restraints and shielded chambers are expensive and difficult to make, holding a mage prisoner have never been easy perhaps something like that serum is a necessary evil at times, but perhaps something else that function in similar ways but which is more safe to use can be created."
Felicity sigh.
"I guess that if the choice was between going on a rampage or taking a doze of that shit I would prefer to be kept from hurting someone and rather deal with any health issues later."
She admitted.

He nodded, "Could have been... better... but I will take what I can get."

"It could have been better but it could also have been a whole lot worse, and if no one died anything else can be dealt with."
Leon said and grinned he still seamed quite relieved.

He arched an eyebrow, "I've been sent in to retrieve a friend from a Quiet today already. I'd rather not be sent in to pull an enemy out of a Seeking as well, nor would I want anyone else to do so, either... I don't think there's anything we can do about the mindscape he's in, and he's not going to do anything while he is in there, is he? Just make sure we have people prepared to restrain him should he wake up. It could take a while..."

"Yeah you went into your Cabalmate's Quiet did you not? That was quite brave. I guess you are right as long as Flavio is just laying on the floor like that he is harming no one. I will tell Zach that we should have someone ready to restrain him when he wakes up, at least he can not use his hands for magick at the moment."
Leon commented.

He nodded, "The Caul might be closely linked to the Labyrinth creature. Ending one might aggravate the other. It would be best to have the place cleared out before the last task here is begun, just in case."

"I will bring the message to Zach see if he can arrange it so all who is not busy with the Caul can be evacuated to the Chantry unless the Lady need us for anything else at the moment."
He promised.

He looked down at Flavio and nodded to Zach, "He looks fine; it looks like a Seeking, so he might have something odd to say when he comes to... best make sure his magic is restrained then."

"Are you sure...so he is fine? I really did nothing to him he just collapsed like this after complaining about pain for a few moments...he also gave some information about Larson's Labyrinth...I can not do much about his magick, his hands are restrained so there is that but beyond that I can not do much...I am not sure I would want to hear what a Nephandus have to say after a Quiet though."
Zach said his eyes was still rather wide and he was clearly nervous.

He bowed quickly and handed over the ring, "Here... I do not know how to extract your child from the ring, but if you cannot bring him out either, we have people willing to do so, as a courtesy to you."

The Umbrood Lord quickly grasped the ring and held it in her hand.
"I can get him out."
She hissed and she placed the ring into the mass of her rubbish robes and then pulled a small boy out of the same robes, a boy made of recycled metal and gears, his hands where metal rods with joints made of everything found in a trash heap, he had bottle caps for eyes and was holding a toy car made out of a soup can, four bottle caps and a little paint in his hands, the boy grasped his mother's hand and looked at you shyly.
"Thank you."
He whispered.

He took a small step back, "And for the other matter, that of the incorrect dumping at your home in the physical world - what can you tell me of the place and the matters wrongly hidden there? The more I know of it, the quicker the mortal agency set to investigate such crimes and punish the guilty can act."

"They come in cars, large white cars and dump more trash than should be in my Domain, it can not be recycled and remade. My Domain is large and fine, with green dumpsters, and large pits to burn what can not be made new, there are men and women, incarnate beings working there and there are fine buildings made of brown stone."
The Umbrood said she patted her child on the head.
"You have kept your part of the agreement man with what I can not touch inside, I thank you."
She said as her cold broke glass eyes regarded you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:24 pm

"It might mean that. I mean if I had been made into such a thing, the only thing I would have wanted was for it to end, I would have longed to be destroyed." She agreed. "It is up to you Sodalis, you are the one who have the best insight into what the young man who fathered her would have wanted, I am willing to take the risk to try to save her for his sake, but I am also prepared to destroy the thing and be done with it."

He stood there before her, part of him wishing that she had not offered such a possibility, weighing over it all, with a rather sorrowful look on his face. "Ma'am, I am an inordinately hopeful person under some circumstances, I admit; hope is a good thing to have, especially in times like this. I have tried to save those I could and it's hard when...these decisions arise. I would want to try this if I knew there was not so much risk of making things so much worse - if it did not seem somewhat selfish to try, given the risk. If you were to fail, and I am not saying you would, for you are a great maga, but it could happen, there could be paradox spirits. It could create a worse abomination. It could be a risk to the mission, or to those here and yourself. It's hard to speak for him; in the end I can speak for myself knowing what I do and hope that he would understand. The hope that I still carry is that its avatar will in time heal from this terrible ordeal it has been suffering. It has too long been stuck in this perpetual horror. Despite how desperately I want to save that child, and I do...knowing he shares that feeling...we want her to live a happy child's life and not as this thing, but the desperation I feel is what gives me the pause...It causes me to consider where the hope really is in the situation, the advice I gave my amicus, to not make things worse. As well as what I told the caul - that it is time to let go now. What it perhaps was trying to tell me...again I can only try to understand, assume the graven image is a nascent desire to be remembered and to be laid to rest. Its avatar should be freed to heal throughout its incarnations in the future. If there is some way to send it off in a better state than it is, for avatars have the longest of memories, then...I think that is the hope that I carry. A fire that cleanses the pain away, and so that something new can become. That it will have a brighter future, not a rewind of the past. That Adele will have a tomb and will be remembered as a girl, not this abomination she was forced to assume." Somewhere in talking it through, tears had started to steak down his face, leaving hasty, muddy trails through the grime. When he was done talking, he shook his head, not knowing what else could be said. Of all the things that had happened, this was by far one of the worst and most painful choices he'd had to make. He took a deep breath and set his shoulders, his fingers clasping at the inside sleeve his coat, where the pins that had held spellbeads had been.

You and Joakim guided everyone out of the Caul chamber that was a rather quick and efficient process, that left Abigail, still unconscious on the floor, she needed to be carried though and then placed under guard. "Should I carry her? You might not want to touch her any further Sodalis." Joakim offered.

"I certainly don't," he said. "But I will, if you need help, for that's my duty," he replied. After what he'd just had to do, condemn the soul of a child she bore in violence, no, he did not wish to touch her. He did not wish to see this woman ever again. More than that, though, he wanted to make sure her actions would be resolved and for her to be stopped from perpetuating them against anyone else.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:52 pm

He stood there before her, part of him wishing that she had not offered such a possibility, weighing over it all, with a rather sorrowful look on his face. "Ma'am, I am an inordinately hopeful person under some circumstances, I admit; hope is a good thing to have, especially in times like this. I have tried to save those I could and it's hard when...these decisions arise. I would want to try this if I knew there was not so much risk of making things so much worse - if it did not seem somewhat selfish to try, given the risk. If you were to fail, and I am not saying you would, for you are a great maga, but it could happen, there could be paradox spirits. It could create a worse abomination. It could be a risk to the mission, or to those here and yourself.

"There could be Paradox spirits indeed, they are not likely to attack anyone but me, and our mission is near complete I am not essential to it's completion or I would not have offered."
Crexia said matter of factly then she sigh.
"Perhaps I should not have laid such a burden on you Sodalis and for what pain that cause you I am sorry, I felt I owed Dylan the offer of making an attempt, but like you said it could fail, I might be a skilled maga but this is not a simple spell, there is not cut and dry answer to this...so sure way that will make things better, but an attempt is all I have to offer."
She added softly.

It's hard to speak for him; in the end I can speak for myself knowing what I do and hope that he would understand. The hope that I still carry is that its avatar will in time heal from this terrible ordeal it has been suffering. It has too long been stuck in this perpetual horror. Despite how desperately I want to save that child, and I do...knowing he shares that feeling...we want her to live a happy child's life and not as this thing, but the desperation I feel is what gives me the pause...It causes me to consider where the hope really is in the situation, the advice I gave my amicus, to not make things worse. As well as what I told the caul - that it is time to let go now. What it perhaps was trying to tell me...again I can only try to understand, assume the graven image is a nascent desire to be remembered and to be laid to rest. Its avatar should be freed to heal throughout its incarnations in the future. If there is some way to send it off in a better state than it is, for avatars have the longest of memories, then...I think that is the hope that I carry. A fire that cleanses the pain away, and so that something new can become. That it will have a brighter future, not a rewind of the past. That Adele will have a tomb and will be remembered as a girl, not this abomination she was forced to assume."

Crexia looked at you as you spoke then she nodded.
"It is decided then, we will destroy the Caul as quickly and painlessly as we can, free her Avatar so it can heal, so that one day it can Awaken in a new host and perhaps remember the child thing monstrosity once was."
She said and nodded solemnly.
"The child Adele will have a grave, and a marker honoring her name, you have my word Sodalis I will see to it."
The lich promised.
"She will be remembered as a little girl who was a victim of the Nephandi and not as a gate to hell..."

Somewhere in talking it through, tears had started to steak down his face, leaving hasty, muddy trails through the grime. When he was done talking, he shook his head, not knowing what else could be said. Of all the things that had happened, this was by far one of the worst and most painful choices he'd had to make. He took a deep breath and set his shoulders, his fingers clasping at the inside sleeve his coat, where the pins that had held spellbeads had been.

The old Tytalus said nothing for a little while, she lifted one hand hesitantly as if she wanted to pat your arm, but she let it fall to her side again and she drew a deep breath.
"You should leave this chamber before we start working Sodalis...the choice I gave for Dylan's sake caused you pain and I am deeply sorry for that, you should not have to see the deed done, you should rather be there when a grave is made for the child."
She advices in a soft, compassionate tone of voice.

"I certainly don't," he said. "But I will, if you need help, for that's my duty," he replied. After what he'd just had to do, condemn the soul of a child she bore in violence, no, he did not wish to touch her. He did not wish to see this woman ever again. More than that, though, he wanted to make sure her actions would be resolved and for her to be stopped from perpetuating them against anyone else.

Joakim shook his head and hoisted Abigail up over one of his shoulders.
"I can carry her alone that is not a problem. I could need help keeping guard until the rest of our forces can be evacuated back to the Chantry though."
The hedge wizard said and he gave you a concerned look as he headed to the portal with his burden.
"The Labyrinth should be cleared out now but it is better to be safe than sorry."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:55 pm

"Demons tends to be harder to put back into bottles than it is to get a angry cat into it's kitty cage, when we have first considered such a horrid weapon, even if we thank the heavens did not need to use it, it is always the chance there will be...easier to reach for it in the future."
Joakim said and sounded quite concerned.
"Well let us pray that do not turn out to be the case, and focus on the tasks at hand for now."
He muttered.
Colin nodded, "Only a few people know... and some of those might even believe it was a bluff... let's endeavour to make sure the idea does not spread further than it must."

Felicity looked rather grim and she sigh.
"I guess we just disagree on how much hope there is in what you are describing Sir, but yes I think we have discussed the topic to it's conclusion, at least right here and now, this bloody situation is bad enough as it is we do not need a macabre topic of discussion as well."
She commented.
He smiled sadly, "However faint, there is always hope... but yes, let us close the subject."

The young Dreamspeaker nodded and sigh.
"The problem is that enchanted restraints and shielded chambers are expensive and difficult to make, holding a mage prisoner have never been easy perhaps something like that serum is a necessary evil at times, but perhaps something else that function in similar ways but which is more safe to use can be created."
Felicity sigh.
"I guess that if the choice was between going on a rampage or taking a doze of that shit I would prefer to be kept from hurting someone and rather deal with any health issues later."
She admitted.
He nodded, frowning, "I don't know if another serum can be made any safer... though perhaps an implant, a small talisman embedded in whoever needs to be restrained could be made for long-term inhibition. And while such things as handcuffs are costly... they can be reused indefinitely, and what price would you set on the life of a Mage?"

"Yeah you went into your Cabalmate's Quiet did you not? That was quite brave. I guess you are right as long as Flavio is just laying on the floor like that he is harming no one. I will tell Zach that we should have someone ready to restrain him when he wakes up, at least he can not use his hands for magick at the moment."
Leon commented.
He nodded, "It was necessary, more than brave... we had a tool against miss Carlyle that only he could use - I don't know how to draw Quintessence from my own blood, and it was... keyed to very specific individuals. I'll have to learn that trick someday soon, I think, if I can..."

"Are you sure...so he is fine? I really did nothing to him he just collapsed like this after complaining about pain for a few moments...he also gave some information about Larson's Labyrinth...I can not do much about his magick, his hands are restrained so there is that but beyond that I can not do much...I am not sure I would want to hear what a Nephandus have to say after a Quiet though."
Zach said his eyes was still rather wide and he was clearly nervous.
He shrugged, "What he says when he comes to... Who knows what that might be? Have you ever heard someone wake up from a dream, and speak before they know whether they're still in the dream or the waking world? Much the same, I expect - his first few words will likely make little to no sense... or they could seem oddly pertinent. You never know... In any case, I don't think anyone will accuse you of doing anything - I suspect anyone who's seen a Seeking will understand."

The Umbrood Lord quickly grasped the ring and held it in her hand.
"I can get him out."
She hissed and she placed the ring into the mass of her rubbish robes and then pulled a small boy out of the same robes, a boy made of recycled metal and gears, his hands where metal rods with joints made of everything found in a trash heap, he had bottle caps for eyes and was holding a toy car made out of a soup can, four bottle caps and a little paint in his hands, the boy grasped his mother's hand and looked at you shyly.
"Thank you."
He whispered.
He smiled, "You are welcome, kid. Try not to get caught by bad people like that again, will you?"
He looked up at the Umbrood Lord again, "He seems a good kid - however did Abigail manage to capture him in the first place? Not that I want to try something like that, mind - just so I know what to be wary of, and perhaps prevent other spirits from being caught like that."

"They come in cars, large white cars and dump more trash than should be in my Domain, it can not be recycled and remade. My Domain is large and fine, with green dumpsters, and large pits to burn what can not be made new, there are men and women, incarnate beings working there and there are fine buildings made of brown stone."
The Umbrood said she patted her child on the head.
"You have kept your part of the agreement man with what I can not touch inside, I thank you."
She said as her cold broke glass eyes regarded you."
He nodded, "Do you know what the incarnate beings call your Domain? The names used by incarnate beings are often crude, but they are useful when one must explain things to other incarnates."
He smiled, "And another matter... I gave you an item; one which carries a fairly strong link to me, and which you could conceivably use to call on me at another time. Would you honour me with a name by which I could call you in return? I swear by my power, I would not use it to bind you or force you into servitude."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:35 am

"There could be Paradox spirits indeed, they are not likely to attack anyone but me, and our mission is near complete I am not essential to it's completion or I would not have offered." Crexia said matter of factly then she sigh.

"You say that as if you being attacked would not affect us, or we'd not try to help if we could, ma'am with all due respect I don't know if that's so. You may not be essential to wrapping up what's going on here, but you are essential - this is a not the entire war, after all."

"Perhaps I should not have laid such a burden on you Sodalis and for what pain that cause you I am sorry, I felt I owed Dylan the offer of making an attempt, but like you said it could fail, I might be a skilled maga but this is not a simple spell, there is not cut and dry answer to this...so sure way that will make things better, but an attempt is all I have to offer."

"Yes, anything can fail; that doesn't always mean we should not try. There is more to it than that in this case though...there is more than the ramifications of failure. If we do succeed, is that still the right thing to do?"

"It is decided then, we will destroy the Caul as quickly and painlessly as we can, free her Avatar so it can heal, so that one day it can Awaken in a new host and perhaps remember the child thing monstrosity once was." She said and nodded solemnly. "The child Adele will have a grave, and a marker honoring her name, you have my word Sodalis I will see to it." The lich promised. "She will be remembered as a little girl who was a victim of the Nephandi and not as a gate to hell..."

"Worse than hell..." he shook his head. "But more than all that, a person."

"You should leave this chamber before we start working Sodalis...the choice I gave for Dylan's sake caused you pain and I am deeply sorry for that, you should not have to see the deed done, you should rather be there when a grave is made for the child."

"There is no need to apologize. It's not so much that I don't want to see the deed done, of course no one would want to; part of me thinks I should, but that my emotions are...well, and it...I would not wish to be in the way or for it to...cause further issues." He shook his head again. "Pardon, just...give it's avatar a good send off, rather than...this," he said. Then he nodded and turned to leave.

Joakim shook his head and hoisted Abigail up over one of his shoulders. "I can carry her alone that is not a problem. I could need help keeping guard until the rest of our forces can be evacuated back to the Chantry though." The hedge wizard said and he gave you a concerned look as he headed to the portal with his burden. "The Labyrinth should be cleared out now but it is better to be safe than sorry."

"I'll do that then, keep guard; I assume someone let our adept know to make ready?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:44 am

Colin nodded, "Only a few people know... and some of those might even believe it was a bluff... let's endeavour to make sure the idea does not spread further than it must."

Joakim nodded at that.
"Yes I agree it should not be a thing talked about to freely and if most believe it was a bluff the that would be best, to many have heard it talked about during this mission though I fear to completely put the cat back in the bag."

He smiled sadly, "However faint, there is always hope... but yes, let us close the subject."

Felicity nodded grimly at that.

He nodded, frowning, "I don't know if another serum can be made any safer... though perhaps an implant, a small talisman embedded in whoever needs to be restrained could be made for long-term inhibition. And while such things as handcuffs are costly... they can be reused indefinitely, and what price would you set on the life of a Mage?"

"I know some members of my Tradition have a drink made out of some herbs or something, it will make you sick and feverish but also lock down your magick for some time, temporary enchantments have always been easier than permanent ones for us for something permanent it is better to go to the hedgies."
Felicity said and glanced over at Joakim.

He nodded, "It was necessary, more than brave... we had a tool against miss Carlyle that only he could use - I don't know how to draw Quintessence from my own blood, and it was... keyed to very specific individuals. I'll have to learn that trick someday soon, I think, if I can..."

"It is a useful trick...I do not know it though, House Jerbiton stayed out of the conflict with House Diedne, after all we are diplomats, it was most the Houses involved with that conflict that know that trick."
Leon said.
"Well even when necessary a thing can still be brave."

He shrugged, "What he says when he comes to... Who knows what that might be? Have you ever heard someone wake up from a dream, and speak before they know whether they're still in the dream or the waking world? Much the same, I expect - his first few words will likely make little to no sense... or they could seem oddly pertinent. You never know... In any case, I don't think anyone will accuse you of doing anything - I suspect anyone who's seen a Seeking will understand."

"Well I guess I could put some recording equipment on him, to see if whatever he is saying have any use, as for his Seeking I don't know most of my Seekings have been rather digital in nature."
Zach muttered.
"Just seeing the guy collapsed like that is scary...and yes I have heard someone mumble like that I am roommate with an Euthanatos that gets rather creepy at times!"

He smiled, "You are welcome, kid. Try not to get caught by bad people like that again, will you?"

"I did not try to get caught it was a thing in my reality."
The little Umbrood said giving you a confused look.

He nodded, "Do you know what the incarnate beings call your Domain? The names used by incarnate beings are often crude, but they are useful when one must explain things to other incarnates."

"I do know the crude words yes. Gary Recycling and Waste Management is the name on the sign that sit at the gate to my Domain."
The Umbrood Lady said proudly.

He smiled, "And another matter... I gave you an item; one which carries a fairly strong link to me, and which you could conceivably use to call on me at another time. Would you honour me with a name by which I could call you in return? I swear by my power, I would not use it to bind you or force you into servitude."

"You have done me a great service Craftsman I am quite pleased, trust however comes far harder so no I will not be giving you my name, but I will give you this, you can call me through this though I will not be compelled to come, I give my word I will answer."
She said and pulled and empty cola can out of her dress and tossed it to you and it bounced across the floor with a metallic sound.
"Well then I am eager to return to my Domain with my child, if there is nothing further?"
She asked and looked at you.

"You say that as if you being attacked would not affect us, or we'd not try to help if we could, ma'am with all due respect I don't know if that's so. You may not be essential to wrapping up what's going on here, but you are essential - this is a not the entire war, after all."

"Ah you would not want to loose an archmage for the war eh...well thank you for your concern young man but I am fairly durable, that is what I gained from what I am after all, as for defending me from paradox spirits...don't, they are not likely to attack the rest of you if they are not interfered with, and I have suffered from the Scourge before, do not worry about me."
Crexia said and smiled kindly.

"Yes, anything can fail; that doesn't always mean we should not try. There is more to it than that in this case though...there is more than the ramifications of failure. If we do succeed, is that still the right thing to do?"

"I...don't know Sodalis I do not know if making that thing back into a child is the right thing to do, it is...a complicated issue."
The old archmage said and sigh.

"Worse than hell..." he shook his head. "But more than all that, a person."

Worse than hell it is indeed and yes she will be remembered as a person, I will see to that.

"There is no need to apologize. It's not so much that I don't want to see the deed done, of course no one would want to; part of me thinks I should, but that my emotions are...well, and it...I would not wish to be in the way or for it to...cause further issues." He shook his head again. "Pardon, just...give it's avatar a good send off, rather than...this," he said. Then he nodded and turned to leave.

Crexia said nothing as you tried to formulate what you wanted to say, she just gave you a solemn nod and when you where done speaking she said.
"I will do so, I can not guide her Avatar to the Well of souls, not even I am privy to that realm but I will free it and make sure it gets on the path, my own Avatar is a Fount it is more attunes to the guides that was before, perhaps that will aid it...I will do my best, now my young Sodalis you should leave."
The old Tytalus said and finally she put her hand on your arm in a show of support, her fingers where cold it felt like being grabbed by a marble statue, then she let go of your arm and said nothing further, there was nothing more for her to say.

"I'll do that then, keep guard; I assume someone let our adept know to make ready?"

"Yes I believe your Cabalmate did so."
Joakim said.
"I will not know for sure before we get to the other side and ask though."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:57 am

Serge you wake up in your room in Chantry Westchapel, this was a fairly large mixed Tradition Chantry on the outskirts of Boston. The Chantry itself was housed in an old factory but it had been made comfortable enough to live in. Your room was large, perhaps it had once been an office, it was hard to tell allot of work had been done on the interior, a small bathroom had been added and a kitchenette in addition to the rest of the space being made into a bedroom and a small living room, the walls where still factory gray and worn though, and the windows in your bedroom was dull, gray glass, cheap glass. Right now they looked out over a Sunday dawn as gray as the glass itself.

This was your last morning in this room, your Mentor had decided that you would move to Steelhaven Hall, another Chantry in Boston, the rationale was simple enough, you where initiated now and you would need to learn to stand on your own two legs in the Traditions while at the same time your teacher wanted you close enough that it was just a short drive away to come to your aid if need should arise. There where one more reason why your Mentor had chosen Steelhaven her brother lived there, well not her brother by blood but a man trained by the same mage that trained her, you had met the man a few times, Ryan was his name and he was a nice enough man, your Mentor probably thinking your "uncle" would help keep an eye on you.

All round you there where the sound of the mages of Westchapel waking up, from the room next to yours Trina Wellington where chanting, the woman was a Hermetic and was probably doing morning rituals, from your other neighbor where was the sound of a hairdryer blowing as Alan Maine a young Chorister was getting ready for the day. All of these where familiar sounds, everything seamed rather like every other day but they where not, there was an aura of nervousness over the Chantry and it had been for nearly a week, there had been several attacks by the Nephandi lately and everyone was concerned, in addition there was the rumors that a widderslainte had been found among the mages of the city, and that this unfortunate young mage had been dealt with the way the Traditions do her kind was afoot, something that was sure to make everyone even more uneasy. You hear hushed talk and whispers and your Chantrymates met one another in the hallways, some heading to the cafeteria for breakfast, familiar sounds indeed but laced with unease and fear.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:53 am

Serge let out a yawn and stretched his arms as he woke up, hearing the familiar crack of his bones as he got out of bed and looked at his surroundings.

"Man I had a weird dream last night. I think I was a dragon or something." Serge said to no one in particular. Of course that statement was redundant. Ever since his awakening, all of Serge's dreams were strange.  

Serge glanced at his surrounding and couldn't help but noticed atmosphere in the area. Being trained in mind magick had the unfortunate side effect of noticing what everyone was likely thinking. As he walked down the halls Serge noticed the air of nervousness and the steady fear in the faces of all his chantrymates.  

Serge couldn't blame them. Nephandi attacks and a widderslainte? A few months ago Serge didn't even know what those words meant and now he had to fear for his life because of them. Still, Serge chose this path in life and he intended to stick by his choice.

He quickly got dressed and grabbed his sketchbook before wondering down to the cafeteria to grab a quick bite to eat before he left for SteelHaven. As he walked down the hallway, Serge tried to distract himself from the gloomy atmosphere by looking down into his sketchbook and drawing a small sketch of what he might look like if he were half-dragon.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:18 am

You arrived at the cafeteria, once it had been the place where the workers of the factory housed in this building had their meals and not much had changed since then, there where a multitude of small, square metal tables and chairs, with a counter in one end of the room and a door to the kitchen. The mages of Westchapel took turns with kitchen duty and whoever it was who had to job this time had made scrambled eggs, toast as well as put some fruit, cereal, milk, juice, coffee and water, all where in big containers with white porcelain plates in a stack beside the food so everyone could serve themselves.

A few of the Chantry's inhabitants where already up, you saw Duncan Ackerman there, a small man wearing a turtle neck sweater, large round glasses and with his mass of mousy brownish gray hair he looked very much like an owl he sat there nursing a cup of coffee and reading a newspaper. At another table sat Julian Aldairis one of the Deacons of the Chantry, he was tall, slender and elegant with sharp dark eyes wearing a plain black suit. Tanya Lake and Elizabeth Crow sat talking in a corner, Tanya was Julian's apprentice and Elisabeth where a young Orphan the Chantry had taken in. Tanya was a pretty black girl, she was slender with pretty black eyes wearing jeans and a white tshirt. Elisabeth was plump, plain and practical both sat having their breakfast and just glanced up at you when you came into the cafeteria.

The last two mages in the cafeteria was your Mentor, she was a elegant woman wearing a red business suit, red high heels and a black shirt, she stood talking with a man wearing blue jeans and a washed out tshirt with a band logo, his hair was dark brown and worn in a ponytail and on his hands where several silver rings including the lotus ring that your Mentor also wore and which she had presented to you when she initiated you, the symbol of the Cult of Ecstasy, you knew the man as Ryan Darehill he was trained by the same woman as you Mentor was and as you came in they where having a lively conversation.
"I know...I know Ryan it is time to let the kid spread his wings...but now with all that have been going on and with what happened...tonight..."
Your Mentor said and she sounded concerned.
"I know Angie...but I will make sure he do not get into to much trouble and Steelhaven is generally safe..."
Ryan said and your Mentor nodded.
"Yeah but you also now have Fallen prisoners and if rumors is to be believed less living...guests."
Your Mentor said and Ryan sigh.
"The prisoners will be sent to Horizon as for our other...guests they are restrained...do not worry Angie."
The older Cultist nodded.
"And what about the widderslainte girl?"
She asked and Ryan hesitated and scratched his head.
"She is staying...I do not like it but if she survives...she is staying and there is another...ehm..."
He said and stopped talking as he saw you coming into the room. If possible the mood at the Chantry was even worse this morning than it had been last night.
"Sarge...good morning..."
Ryan said and your Mentor turned to look at you.
"You are up I see, I have asked your uncle here to drive you to Steelhaven, do you need any help with any of your stuff?"
She asked and she tried to sound cheerful but it was clear that she was concerned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top