The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Warpmind on Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:25 am

Joakim nodded at that.
"Yes I agree it should not be a thing talked about to freely and if most believe it was a bluff the that would be best, to many have heard it talked about during this mission though I fear to completely put the cat back in the bag."
Colin sighed, "Very much so - on the bright side, they also heard it was the absolutely last resort, not to be used if any other alternative worked... and the thermos was obliterated. I'll have to get a new one, too."

"I know some members of my Tradition have a drink made out of some herbs or something, it will make you sick and feverish but also lock down your magick for some time, temporary enchantments have always been easier than permanent ones for us for something permanent it is better to go to the hedgies."
Felicity said and glanced over at Joakim.
He nodded and pondered, "I wonder why no Linear Magi seem to have started mass production of such items; it would have been a lucrative business for them."

"It is a useful trick...I do not know it though, House Jerbiton stayed out of the conflict with House Diedne, after all we are diplomats, it was most the Houses involved with that conflict that know that trick."
Leon said.
"Well even when necessary a thing can still be brave."
He smiled thinly, "It is an interesting trick, I don't quite see how it can work, though - all my magic is external, as it were, like the lenses through which I see everything magical."
He frowned, "Well, except seeing spirits... my eyes were opened to them, and bugger if I know if I can ever not see them again. Not necessarily a big problem - it's going to be very useful to keep track of the ghost cat in the house I'll be getting on Horizon within a few years' time... but I digress."

"Well I guess I could put some recording equipment on him, to see if whatever he is saying have any use, as for his Seeking I don't know most of my Seekings have been rather digital in nature."
Zach muttered.
"Just seeing the guy collapsed like that is scary...and yes I have heard someone mumble like that I am roommate with an Euthanatos that gets rather creepy at times!"
He smiled, "I said anyone who's seen a Seeking, not anyone who's been in one... But yes, if he had been a Sleeper, seeing him nod off like that would be a very clear sign of danger."

"I did not try to get caught it was a thing in my reality."
The little Umbrood said giving you a confused look.
He nodded, "It was a clumsy incarnate expression. I apologize."

"I do know the crude words yes. Gary Recycling and Waste Management is the name on the sign that sit at the gate to my Domain."
The Umbrood Lady said proudly.
He nodded and fished out his notepad, scribbling the name down, "Excellent - I will make sure the message goes to the right people as quickly as possible."

"You have done me a great service Craftsman I am quite pleased, trust however comes far harder so no I will not be giving you my name, but I will give you this, you can call me through this though I will not be compelled to come, I give my word I will answer."
She said and pulled and empty cola can out of her dress and tossed it to you and it bounced across the floor with a metallic sound.
"Well then I am eager to return to my Domain with my child, if there is nothing further?"
She asked and looked at you.
He bent down and picked up the can, then bowed politely to the spirits, "I bid you farewell, and wish you a healthy cycle of decay and renewal. I will keep the can safe and hidden."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:52 am

Colin sighed, "Very much so - on the bright side, they also heard it was the absolutely last resort, not to be used if any other alternative worked... and the thermos was obliterated. I'll have to get a new one, too."

"Well getting a thermos is the least of our concerns."
Joakim said wryly.
"My concern is that people often catch that a method was considered but not how much of a last resort it was."
He added and frowned.

He nodded and pondered, "I wonder why no Linear Magi seem to have started mass production of such items; it would have been a lucrative business for them."

"Some do mass produce enchantments I do not know if anything make magick restrains en mass but other kinds of enchantments there are some hedge wizards that make and sell."
Felicity said and nodded.

He smiled thinly, "It is an interesting trick, I don't quite see how it can work, though - all my magic is external, as it were, like the lenses through which I see everything magical."

"Perhaps you can use your blood or something like a Verbena do, put it into a machine if you need something external."
Leon suggested.

He frowned, "Well, except seeing spirits... my eyes were opened to them, and bugger if I know if I can ever not see them again. Not necessarily a big problem - it's going to be very useful to keep track of the ghost cat in the house I'll be getting on Horizon within a few years' time... but I digress."

"A ghost cat? That is sort of cool...well if you have just learned to see spirits perhaps you just need to get used to it to learn to not see them again, then again I have a friend who use a lead set in silver ring to not see spirits and energies all round him and then take that off when he want to use his magick, that works to."
The Verditius said.

He smiled, "I said anyone who's seen a Seeking, not anyone who's been in one... But yes, if he had been a Sleeper, seeing him nod off like that would be a very clear sign of danger."

"I guess so, well what do I do to take care of him while he is like this then? Just keep him warm and wait for him to wake up again?"
Zach asked he was calming down but was still nervous and concerned.

He nodded, "It was a clumsy incarnate expression. I apologize."

"That is ok, my mother says incarnate beings speak very strangely."
The little spirits said and smiled, each of his teeth where a thumb tack in a rainbow of colors.

He nodded and fished out his notepad, scribbling the name down, "Excellent - I will make sure the message goes to the right people as quickly as possible."

"That please me, you who have what I can not touch inside."
The Umbrood said as she regarded you, she seamed grateful but she was hard to read, her son though seamed a little more friendly.

He bent down and picked up the can, then bowed politely to the spirits, "I bid you farewell, and wish you a healthy cycle of decay and renewal. I will keep the can safe and hidden."

"Live, then die and rot Craftsman, then your soul will have a new life and your body will feed worms and plants."
The Umbrood Lady said as she took her son by the hand and walked deeper into the Umbra, her words was probably meant to be a kind greeting.

Zach suddenly came out of the Chief's room and waved his phone towards you.
"Ehm I have set up for a portal I just need to put a sender in a corner somewhere, however while I was on the phone with Mr Harris Mr Horton came down to the computer room he said that there is a bit of a situation in the infirmary and was asking for you."
The Virtual Adept said as he tossed another small device similar to the special antennae he had on his phone into a corner.
"I have no idea what is happening but it sounded urgent. I have him in the line he had come down hoping for Mr Harris to get word to you so ehm...do you want to talk with him?"
Zach asked and shook his phone at you again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:22 pm

"Well getting a thermos is the least of our concerns."
Joakim said wryly.
"My concern is that people often catch that a method was considered but not how much of a last resort it was."
He added and frowned.
Colin nodded, "Perhaps a full debriefing is in order, to emphasize how very much that idea should not be considered again unless another Mattea Carlyle shows up..."

"Some do mass produce enchantments I do not know if anything make magick restrains en mass but other kinds of enchantments there are some hedge wizards that make and sell."
Felicity said and nodded.
He pondered, then grinned, "I suppose you would have expected House Guernicus to have commissioned a large supply long since, or perhaps the Cultists would have found... some use for such items..."

"Perhaps you can use your blood or something like a Verbena do, put it into a machine if you need something external."
Leon suggested.
He scratched his head, "I don't know... The Verbena see their magic as being in their blood - I don't. My Cabalmate did not draw his own blood to do it, but he seemed quite weakened by it. It's funny, though, I can draw on spare Quintessence in my system, and I can use Quintessence in external sources with outright astounding ease, but I don't quite see how it is possible to drain extra Quintessence out of my own flesh and blood, it... just doesn't make sense. Perhaps, once I can figure out how to drain Quintessence from otherwise magically inert items, perhaps then I can figure out how to apply the method to myself, but I don't know..."

"A ghost cat? That is sort of cool...well if you have just learned to see spirits perhaps you just need to get used to it to learn to not see them again, then again I have a friend who use a lead set in silver ring to not see spirits and energies all round him and then take that off when he want to use his magick, that works to."
The Verditius said.
He grinned, "It's an adorable little pest, really... Imagine a playful kitten who never needs sleep... Hum, an item to suppress my magic might work, but it seems... a bit cumbersome to have to remove one item and then find and don another to use magic. But it's an idea I might be able to pursue."

"I guess so, well what do I do to take care of him while he is like this then? Just keep him warm and wait for him to wake up again?"
Zach asked he was calming down but was still nervous and concerned.
He nodded, "Essentially that, yes. And make sure to warn whoever you hand him off to that they might wish someone to restrain his magic when he wakes up; he might be able to slowly work around the inability to use his hands."

"That is ok, my mother says incarnate beings speak very strangely."
The little spirits said and smiled, each of his teeth where a thumb tack in a rainbow of colors.
He grinned, "Your mother is very wise, and absolutely right about that."

"Live, then die and rot Craftsman, then your soul will have a new life and your body will feed worms and plants."
The Umbrood Lady said as she took her son by the hand and walked deeper into the Umbra, her words was probably meant to be a kind greeting.
He nodded as she vanished, smiling at her sincerity.

Zach suddenly came out of the Chief's room and waved his phone towards you.
"Ehm I have set up for a portal I just need to put a sender in a corner somewhere, however while I was on the phone with Mr Harris Mr Horton came down to the computer room he said that there is a bit of a situation in the infirmary and was asking for you."
The Virtual Adept said as he tossed another small device similar to the special antennae he had on his phone into a corner.
"I have no idea what is happening but it sounded urgent. I have him in the line he had come down hoping for Mr Harris to get word to you so ehm...do you want to talk with him?"
Zach asked and shook his phone at you again.
He frowned, "Bugger, yes, give me the phone."
Swiftly raising the phone to his ear, he asked, "I'm here, what's the situation? Nobody's... tried anything untoward, I hope?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:37 pm

Colin nodded, "Perhaps a full debriefing is in order, to emphasize how very much that idea should not be considered again unless another Mattea Carlyle shows up..."

Joakim considered for a moment then he nodded.
"Hum...yes you are right that is probably a good idea."

He pondered, then grinned, "I suppose you would have expected House Guernicus to have commissioned a large supply long since, or perhaps the Cultists would have found... some use for such items..."

"Well I know one pair of Cultists who, well ehm they have a bit of a alternative relationship if you get my drift and they bought a collar that would let one of them restrain the magick of the other at will..."
Felicity said with a bit of a mischievous grin.

He scratched his head, "I don't know... The Verbena see their magic as being in their blood - I don't. My Cabalmate did not draw his own blood to do it, but he seemed quite weakened by it. It's funny, though, I can draw on spare Quintessence in my system, and I can use Quintessence in external sources with outright astounding ease, but I don't quite see how it is possible to drain extra Quintessence out of my own flesh and blood, it... just doesn't make sense. Perhaps, once I can figure out how to drain Quintessence from otherwise magically inert items, perhaps then I can figure out how to apply the method to myself, but I don't know..."

"Well different Paradigms I guess, not that I know how to do it either so it is not much I can do to advice you...are your Cabalmate alright by the way after he did it? I have seen some of the Verbena hurting themselves badly on things like that."
Leon said and sigh.
"I am sure you will figure it out eventually somehow."

He grinned, "It's an adorable little pest, really... Imagine a playful kitten who never needs sleep...

"Aww well that sound really cute and really tiresome at the same time."
The Verditius said and grinned.

Hum, an item to suppress my magic might work, but it seems... a bit cumbersome to have to remove one item and then find and don another to use magic. But it's an idea I might be able to pursue."

"Well just plucking a ring of your finger to do magick is allot faster than a whole ritual like some of us have to do."
Leon said and shrugged.
"And it might be better than going around and seeing spirits all the time."

He nodded, "Essentially that, yes. And make sure to warn whoever you hand him off to that they might wish someone to restrain his magic when he wakes up; he might be able to slowly work around the inability to use his hands."

"I will do so...I hope we can use that serum on him by then there or perhaps we can make some temporary dampening field of some sort."
Zach and and scratched his head.
"But why where he hurting before he ended up in the Seeking, I mean he was screaming before he went out like a light that freaked me out and it have never happened to me before a Seeking."
The Virtual Adept asked.

He grinned, "Your mother is very wise, and absolutely right about that."

The young spirit grinned at you and nodded, his mother seamed quite pleased with your answer.

He frowned, "Bugger, yes, give me the phone."
Swiftly raising the phone to his ear, he asked, "I'm here, what's the situation? Nobody's... tried anything untoward, I hope?"

Zach handed you the phone, Alex's voice sounded a bit far away an thin over the line but it was fully audible.
"Mr Wainwright oh thank the heavens...yeah no...not exactly one of the nurses had not been informed about her problem there is so much chaos right now you know and we have not had time to move Anna and she was getting more and more afraid seeing the Mercere Primus in that...condition and I can understand that, heavens I understand that and the girl was crying in her bed, clearly terrified begging us to let her go. Miss Bosh one of the nurses she just wanted to help her, we can not fully sedate Anna I am not sure if she could take it but Miss Bosh wanted to give her a drug to make her calmer, the girl panicled when she saw the needle and Miss Bosh tried to calm her saying it was just something to change the chemistry in her head so she would not be so scared anymore, and then the girl just snapped, she ripped one of her hands out of the cuffs badly damaging her thumb, licked Miss Bosh away from her and managed to get in between a cabinet and a wall with a make shift weapon so it is very hard for us to get at her...she have not harmed anyone, not yet and it do not seam like she can use magick yet before she get her other wrist free but I am concerned about her panic her heart can not take it right now we need to calm her down and I have no idea how, I have not seen anyone react as violently since last time someone light up a fireball near Miss Jarden."
Alex said he sounded rather stressed.
"What them...what do you want us to she needs to be calmed down if she is to live..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:34 pm

"Well I know one pair of Cultists who, well ehm they have a bit of a alternative relationship if you get my drift and they bought a collar that would let one of them restrain the magick of the other at will..."
Felicity said with a bit of a mischievous grin.
He pondered briefly, "If it's not a terrible imposition, do you think you could arrange a meeting? I need such a collar, for my apprentice-to-be, since the serum is not a viable option, and renting one until I can have one specially made would be very useful."

"Well different Paradigms I guess, not that I know how to do it either so it is not much I can do to advice you...are your Cabalmate alright by the way after he did it? I have seen some of the Verbena hurting themselves badly on things like that."
Leon said and sigh.
"I am sure you will figure it out eventually somehow."
He frowned, "He seems... I believe anemic is an accurate description. I might figure it out, I might not... in any case, it seems running out of available Quintessence is not going to be my greatest challenge anytime soon."

"Aww well that sound really cute and really tiresome at the same time."
The Verditius said and grinned.
He nodded and sighed, "Even more so when it figures out there's at least one person able to give it constant attention..."

"Well just plucking a ring of your finger to do magick is allot faster than a whole ritual like some of us have to do."
Leon said and shrugged.
"And it might be better than going around and seeing spirits all the time."
He pondered, "I might be better off with glasses with those clip-on sunglasses - a little work on the lenses to filter out spirits, and off they go when I need to converse with such beings..."

"I will do so...I hope we can use that serum on him by then there or perhaps we can make some temporary dampening field of some sort."
Zach and and scratched his head.
"But why where he hurting before he ended up in the Seeking, I mean he was screaming before he went out like a light that freaked me out and it have never happened to me before a Seeking."
The Virtual Adept asked.
He frowned, "I think the serum should be viable, but as a small courtesy for his cooperation, we might not want to risk interrupting his Seeking with it. As for why he was screaming... I don't know. At a guess, my Cabalmate's words cut deep into his convictions, and he now has a disagreement with his own soul. I... don't envy him, but there once was another Flambeau who entered painful Seekings and managed to restore her Avatar to its proper state. He may have started on that path..."

Zach handed you the phone, Alex's voice sounded a bit far away an thin over the line but it was fully audible.
"Mr Wainwright oh thank the heavens...yeah no...not exactly one of the nurses had not been informed about her problem there is so much chaos right now you know and we have not had time to move Anna and she was getting more and more afraid seeing the Mercere Primus in that...condition and I can understand that, heavens I understand that and the girl was crying in her bed, clearly terrified begging us to let her go. Miss Bosh one of the nurses she just wanted to help her, we can not fully sedate Anna I am not sure if she could take it but Miss Bosh wanted to give her a drug to make her calmer, the girl panicled when she saw the needle and Miss Bosh tried to calm her saying it was just something to change the chemistry in her head so she would not be so scared anymore, and then the girl just snapped, she ripped one of her hands out of the cuffs badly damaging her thumb, licked Miss Bosh away from her and managed to get in between a cabinet and a wall with a make shift weapon so it is very hard for us to get at her...she have not harmed anyone, not yet and it do not seam like she can use magick yet before she get her other wrist free but I am concerned about her panic her heart can not take it right now we need to calm her down and I have no idea how, I have not seen anyone react as violently since last time someone light up a fireball near Miss Jarden."
Alex said he sounded rather stressed.
"What them...what do you want us to she needs to be calmed down if she is to live..."
He frowned, "Bugger... the nurse had not been properly informed of the severity of the girl's phobia? Shit... Alright, my part at the Labyrinth is finished, it's only the final cleansing that remains. Tell her... tell her Hephaestus has her doll, and that this time he's coming to protect her. And for fuck's sake, do not make any references to needles or her head; her old Mentor traumatized her by making her watch recreational lobotomies! In fact, screw it, can Master Harris teleport me back right away?"
He looked at Zach, "Our Hermetic friend here, the younger of two brothers - he knows where I left a pair of empty Quintessence tanks. I would appreciate those getting back to the Chantry before the place is demolished, if he can run and fetch them... I might head back a little more urgently."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:14 pm

He pondered briefly, "If it's not a terrible imposition, do you think you could arrange a meeting? I need such a collar, for my apprentice-to-be, since the serum is not a viable option, and renting one until I can have one specially made would be very useful."

Felicity nodded she pointed at two women on the other side of the room, one was tall and slender with long black hair in a hasty made bun, she was wearing a black top and jeans, the other was short and plump with a cute face and a mass of pale blond curls like a halo around her head, she was wearing a simple blue dress and this woman was wearing what seamed like a simple, engraved choker in silver, you recognized it as very similar to the one Anna had been wearing in your future vision.
"It is those two there, I can introduce you when we are out of here if you wish, they live at Chantry Lavender."

He frowned, "He seems... I believe anemic is an accurate description. I might figure it out, I might not... in any case, it seems running out of available Quintessence is not going to be my greatest challenge anytime soon."

"True enough you have that fancy new rote of yours."
Leon agreed.
"That should keep you covered, even so the Verbena's little trick is rather useful, basically never piss of a powerful witch they literary pull more power out of their ass when you think you have finally worn them down."

He nodded and sighed, "Even more so when it figures out there's at least one person able to give it constant attention..."

Leon grinned at that.
"Well at least that is an unusual pet. I assume it behave just as demanding as any kitten would as well."

He pondered, "I might be better off with glasses with those clip-on sunglasses - a little work on the lenses to filter out spirits, and off they go when I need to converse with such beings..."

"That could work or something like Cyclops' visor, eh...yeah comic book nerd."
The Verditius said and scratched his head.

He frowned, "I think the serum should be viable, but as a small courtesy for his cooperation, we might not want to risk interrupting his Seeking with it.

"Agreed...I mean it is not like he is going to get much more time with his Avatar...he might as well be allowed to say goodbye in peace."
Zach said and nodded in agreement.

As for why he was screaming... I don't know. At a guess, my Cabalmate's words cut deep into his convictions, and he now has a disagreement with his own soul. I... don't envy him, but there once was another Flambeau who entered painful Seekings and managed to restore her Avatar to its proper state. He may have started on that path..."

"You think so? But is it not impossible for Fallen to come back to the light? For them to un ehm...twist their Avatars again?"
The Virtual Adept said his eyes wide.
"Well I guess Mr Horton can check him out when we get to the Chantry, just in case there is something wrong with him but damn he sure sounded like he was hurting...this is really weird."
He protested.

He frowned, "Bugger... the nurse had not been properly informed of the severity of the girl's phobia? Shit... Alright, my part at the Labyrinth is finished, it's only the final cleansing that remains. Tell her... tell her Hephaestus has her doll, and that this time he's coming to protect her.

"Hephaetus? As in the Greek God? Well ok sure I can tell her that nothing else have worked...no Miss Bosh was not told about the severity of the girl's phobia, she probably assumed she would be fine with a little encouragement, she works at a child clinic and most kids dislike needles to some degree."
Alex said.

And for fuck's sake, do not make any references to needles or her head; her old Mentor traumatized her by making her watch recreational lobotomies! In fact, screw it, can Master Harris teleport me back right away?"

"Damn...that is...horrible I understand her panic poor child..."
The Etherite said then he asked something of Hans Harris who stood in the same room as him.
"Master Harris says you need to turn on your phone and take a few steps away from everyone else and he will pick you up but it is a teleportation from the Umbra to the physical world so it will be a bit rough."
Alex informed you.

He looked at Zach, "Our Hermetic friend here, the younger of two brothers - he knows where I left a pair of empty Quintessence tanks. I would appreciate those getting back to the Chantry before the place is demolished, if he can run and fetch them... I might head back a little more urgently."

"I will let him know and let your Cabalmate know that you have gone back so you do not have to worry."
The Virtual Adept said and nodded in confirmation.
"Just go and take care of whatever it is that have popped up I hope it is nothing to urgent."

(OOC: I am heading to the train to go home to Sotra so I will be on a train all day so I might be slow posting for the rest of the day.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:00 pm

Serge walked through the crowded cafeteria, still amazed by the amount and the diversity of people who possessed similar talents to his own.

He concentrated on his drawing as he walked through the cafeteria until he head the familiar voices of his mentor and of Ryan Darehill. Looking up from his drawing, he noticed the silver rings on their fingers and looked down at his own silver ring remembering all that he had to endure to be given it.

"Sarge...good morning..."

Serge walked up to Ryan and his mentor and greeted them politely. "Good morning. I was just doing a bit of drawing before breakfast." Serge said looking down at his sketchpad and seeing his half-finished sketch.

"You are up I see, I have asked your uncle here to drive you to Steelhaven, do you need any help with any of your stuff?"

"No, I've packed up all of my things. I don't exactly have that much stuff. I should be able to carry it on my own." Serge said sheepishly to his concerned mentor.

He looked at the two cultists and then decided to ask a couple questions of his own. "So what will I be doing when I get to Steelhaven? Will I have any jobs to do or am I basically free to do whatever I want?

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:09 pm

"I will do so, I can not guide her Avatar to the Well of souls, not even I am privy to that realm but I will free it and make sure it gets on the path, my own Avatar is a Fount it is more attunes to the guides that was before, perhaps that will aid it...I will do my best, now my young Sodalis you should leave."The old Tytalus said and finally she put her hand on your arm in a show of support, her fingers where cold it felt like being grabbed by a marble statue, then she let go of your arm and said nothing further, there was nothing more for her to say.

"Thank you..." he said, glancing at her hand. He could feel the cool of it almost through his coat...he froze up waiting to be let go and then then didn't know what else to say and said nothing, just left to help with other tasks.

"Yes I believe your Cabalmate did so." Joakim said. "I will not know for sure before we get to the other side and ask though."

"Of course," he said with a nod, then found a spot to stand guard as he was asked to do.

// lmao @ the spirit - live, then die and rot. Ha! Colin can get a pair of cool glasses like Harry from Kingsmen ; ) Extra dashing. Have a safe trip, Ajna and welcome Jeremy! ^_^
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:00 pm

Sarge:

Serge walked up to Ryan and his mentor and greeted them politely. "Good morning. I was just doing a bit of drawing before breakfast." Serge said looking down at his sketchpad and seeing his half-finished sketch.

"Good drawing is a good way to express yourself."
Your Mentor said and smiled a little she was always supportive of your art, both as a hobby, a way of self expression and as a tool for your magick. Ryan gave you a measured nod.

"No, I've packed up all of my things. I don't exactly have that much stuff. I should be able to carry it on my own." Serge said sheepishly to his concerned mentor.

"Very good, the car is in the parking lot, we can go when you are ready."
Ryan said and made a motion with his head in the direction of the Chantry parking lot.
"If you are sure you do not need any help getting your stuff to the car."
Your teacher said she still seamed unusually concerned though.

He looked at the two cultists and then decided to ask a couple questions of his own. "So what will I be doing when I get to Steelhaven? Will I have any jobs to do or am I basically free to do whatever I want?

"It is a Chantry not a prison kid, you are free to do as you please though you will be expected to help out with the things that need doing, washing the hallways, keeping guard anything really beyond that it is up to you how you spend your time, you will either have to do some jobs for Steelhaven beyond the basic or pay rent though."
Ryan said.
"And until this whole craziness with the bloody Nephandi is done I would prefer it if you did not go out alone."
He said your Mentor came over to you and briefly put her well manicured hand on your cheek.
"Be careful kid, I know it is time to let you spread your own wings but these are difficult times."
She said in a soft, fond tone of voice like a mother would speak to his son then her voice hardened a little.
"And do not make a fool out of me, stay polite, listen to what the Deacons say, remember my lessons and make me proud."
She instructed firmly.
"And if you need help Sarge I will be a phone call away."

Adley:

"Thank you..." he said, glancing at her hand. He could feel the cool of it almost through his coat...he froze up waiting to be let go and then then didn't know what else to say and said nothing, just left to help with other tasks.

Crexia just regarded you for a moment she said nothing more as you walked away.

(OOC 1: I am sorry I have probably missed something but I am unclear on whatever or not Adley go through the shortcut portal to the Chief's chambers or if he stay in the Caul chamber, I will reply when this is made clear.)

(OOC 2: Train internet weehoo...for a little while. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:57 pm

"Very good, the car is in the parking lot, we can go when you are ready."
Ryan said and made a motion with his head in the direction of the Chantry parking lot.

'Sure thing. After I eat I'll gather my stuff and meet you in the parking lot." Serge said to his new uncle.

"It is a Chantry not a prison kid, you are free to do as you please though you will be expected to help out with the things that need doing, washing the hallways, keeping guard anything really beyond that it is up to you how you spend your time, you will either have to do some jobs for Steelhaven beyond the basic or pay rent though." Ryan said.

Serge chuckles slightly and says "All right, thanks for the heads-up."

"And until this whole craziness with the bloody Nephandi is done I would prefer it if you did not go out alone." He said as your Mentor came over to you and briefly put her well manicured hand on your cheek.

"Yeah.....their's some weird things happening here." Serge says nervously as he remembered the aura of fear that was in the room.

He didn't flinch when his mentor placed her hand on his cheek like he used to when he was first introduced into the awakened world. The initiation into the Cult of Ectasy often involved the mentor and the student getting quite close to each other and that was no different for his own initiation.

"And do not make a fool out of me, stay polite, listen to what the Deacons say, remember my lessons and make me proud." She instructed firmly.

"And if you need help Sarge I will be a phone call away."

Serge listened and nodded politely. "Don't worry, I won't do anything to ruin your reputation. I'll continue my studies and before you know it I'll be like one of those quirky teenage superheroes you see in children's television." Serge said with a smile as he reminisced about the cartoons that he watched when he was younger.

After he was done talking with his two mentors, Serge ate a quick breakfast and then went back to his room where he gathered his things. He grabbed his bag which contain his labtop, his art supplies, several books for moth his mundane and magickal studies, and other mundane objects. He also grabbed a small luggage bag which contained his clothing and anything he couldn't fit within his bag.

After he gathered his things he walked to the Chantry parking lot where he was told to meet Ryan.

(OOC: Hey s7trif3  Very Happy. I hope to meet Adley soon.)
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:26 am

Felicity nodded she pointed at two women on the other side of the room, one was tall and slender with long black hair in a hasty made bun, she was wearing a black top and jeans, the other was short and plump with a cute face and a mass of pale blond curls like a halo around her head, she was wearing a simple blue dress and this woman was wearing what seamed like a simple, engraved choker in silver, you recognized it as very similar to the one Anna had been wearing in your future vision.
"It is those two there, I can introduce you when we are out of here if you wish, they live at Chantry Lavender."
Colin arched an eyebrow, "That choker almost looks exactly like... well, I'd say that must have been the base design used for my apprentice's collar. I would appreciate that."

"True enough you have that fancy new rote of yours."
Leon agreed.
"That should keep you covered, even so the Verbena's little trick is rather useful, basically never piss of a powerful witch they literary pull more power out of their ass when you think you have finally worn them down."
He smiled thinly, "In this particular case, the issue is that we have a rather unique artifact requiring the use of... I think it was referred to as Heart's Blood? So even if I could pull a hundred drams of Quintessence from thin air, it would do me no good in activating that artifact..."

Leon grinned at that.
"Well at least that is an unusual pet. I assume it behave just as demanding as any kitten would as well."
He nodded and grinned, "Wife, kid and apprentice will all adore the undead little brat... and I've got to admit I'll develop a fondness for it pretty quickly, too. The weird thing is, I haven't even been to Horizon yet, but I know the house like I'd lived there for nearly twenty years... Ah, glimpses of the future."

"That could work or something like Cyclops' visor, eh...yeah comic book nerd."
The Verditius said and scratched his head.
He arched an eyebrow, "Cyclops? Ah, the X-Men character? Yes, I suppose that's a good comparison, actually. Though less destructive."

"Agreed...I mean it is not like he is going to get much more time with his Avatar...he might as well be allowed to say goodbye in peace."
Zach said and nodded in agreement.
He nodded, "Quite... he didn't seem so much a bad sort, as one trapped in very unfortunate circumstances."

"You think so? But is it not impossible for Fallen to come back to the light? For them to un ehm...twist their Avatars again?"
The Virtual Adept said his eyes wide.
"Well I guess Mr Horton can check him out when we get to the Chantry, just in case there is something wrong with him but damn he sure sounded like he was hurting...this is really weird."
He protested.
He nodded, "Of course it's impossible. But it has been done at least once, and I have every intention of seeing at least two others succeed at it over the coming years."

"Hephaetus? As in the Greek God? Well ok sure I can tell her that nothing else have worked...no Miss Bosh was not told about the severity of the girl's phobia, she probably assumed she would be fine with a little encouragement, she works at a child clinic and most kids dislike needles to some degree."
Alex said.
He grinned wryly, "Yes, the crippled, ugly god of craftsmen. She and I have a longer history than I'd first thought. It's complicated enough to make a Cultist reach for a double shot. Have the nurse get the hell out of there and give the poor child space."

"Damn...that is...horrible I understand her panic poor child..."
The Etherite said then he asked something of Hans Harris who stood in the same room as him.
"Master Harris says you need to turn on your phone and take a few steps away from everyone else and he will pick you up but it is a teleportation from the Umbra to the physical world so it will be a bit rough."
Alex informed you.
He nodded, "Very well, my phone is... wait, it's on, but I handed it to... bugger, tell him to hold on for a few moments while I retrieve it - I'll call 999 when I have it back; that should be a sufficient signal."

"I will let him know and let your Cabalmate know that you have gone back so you do not have to worry."
The Virtual Adept said and nodded in confirmation.
"Just go and take care of whatever it is that have popped up I hope it is nothing to urgent."
He grimaced and handed the phone back, "Only a matter of life and death in the infirmary... I've got to get my own phone back and get home, if you will excuse me."

He sprinted back through the security chief's room and through the portal and skidded over to Udella, "I need my phone back, to get back to the Chantry. Medical crisis for my apprentice-to-be; someone tried to give her a shot..."

((OOC: Hey, that wish from a spirit of decay and recycling is *excellent* considering where she's standing. Razz And yes, I suppose the Kingsmen glasses would be a good semblance. Though Colin's would be perfectly circular lenses. ))

((OOC2: Also, yes, hello, Jeremy. Welcome to the madhouse. Our Cabal has gained a quick reputation as "Hold my beer and watch this." Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:51 am

Sarge:

Sure thing. After I eat I'll gather my stuff and meet you in the parking lot." Serge said to his new uncle.

Ryan nodded.
"That works for me."
The dark haired man said.

Serge chuckles slightly and says "All right, thanks for the heads-up."

"Yeah don't worry about it, Steelhaven is a friendly place, we are not going to work you to the bone kid."
Your new uncle said and grinned.

"Yeah.....their's some weird things happening here." Serge says nervously as he remembered the aura of fear that was in the room.

He didn't flinch when his mentor placed her hand on his cheek like he used to when he was first introduced into the awakened world. The initiation into the Cult of Ectasy often involved the mentor and the student getting quite close to each other and that was no different for his own initiation.

"It have been rather hectic yes, damned Nephandi."
Ryan grumbled.
"It is easy to forget that we live in a centuries old war, until times like this when it crop up and bite you in the ass."

Serge listened and nodded politely. "Don't worry, I won't do anything to ruin your reputation. I'll continue my studies and before you know it I'll be like one of those quirky teenage superheroes you see in children's television." Serge said with a smile as he reminisced about the cartoons that he watched when he was younger.

"Yes well I think reality might have an issue with that, amusing as it might be to see you run around saving the city let us try not to get you killed by Paradox kid."
Your Mentor said and she sounded quite amused.
"I trust you will do well Sarge, now good luck and be careful."
The older Cultist said and she gave you a warm smile before she let you go finish your breakfast.

After he gathered his things he walked to the Chantry parking lot where he was told to meet Ryan.

You got out into the parking lot where Ryan was waiting for you, you see the Verbena Duncan stand there waiting also.
"All ready to go kid?"
Ryan asked as he opened the trunk of the car so you could place your things inside.
"Mr Acherman is coming with us, he have some business on Steelhaven."
He informed you as he watched the Verbena shapeshifter get into the passenger seat.

Colin:

Colin arched an eyebrow, "That choker almost looks exactly like... well, I'd say that must have been the base design used for my apprentice's collar. I would appreciate that."

"I will make the introductions as soon as we are back at the Chantry then and I hope you can find a solution for your apprentice Sir but why do you need something to control your student's magick?"
Felicity said and raised an eyebrow.

He smiled thinly, "In this particular case, the issue is that we have a rather unique artifact requiring the use of... I think it was referred to as Heart's Blood? So even if I could pull a hundred drams of Quintessence from thin air, it would do me no good in activating that artifact..."

"Heart's Blood is what the Verbena call it yes...hum I see, the thing that stopped that abomination Matty Carlyle then, I did wonder why that critter suddenly started listening to your Cabalmate...well without what he did I have a feeling we would all be dead so good thing to got him out of his Quiet."
Leon said.

He nodded and grinned, "Wife, kid and apprentice will all adore the undead little brat... and I've got to admit I'll develop a fondness for it pretty quickly, too. The weird thing is, I haven't even been to Horizon yet, but I know the house like I'd lived there for nearly twenty years... Ah, glimpses of the future."

"Well at least you will know what to look for when you go house hunting, future visions can be awfully practical at times."
Leon said and nodded.
"A wife, and apprentice and a kid, well it seams you will have a good future then if your visions come true."

He arched an eyebrow, "Cyclops? Ah, the X-Men character? Yes, I suppose that's a good comparison, actually. Though less destructive."

Leon just grinned at that.

He nodded, "Quite... he didn't seem so much a bad sort, as one trapped in very unfortunate circumstances."

"Well he did try to murder us all but considering what lay in store for him I guess some compassion is warranted."
Zach said and glanced at the still form of Flavio.

He nodded, "Of course it's impossible. But it has been done at least once, and I have every intention of seeing at least two others succeed at it over the coming years."

"I don't understand...I thought all hope was lost for the Fallen?"
The Virtual Adept asked he sounded quite confused.

He grinned wryly, "Yes, the crippled, ugly god of craftsmen. She and I have a longer history than I'd first thought. It's complicated enough to make a Cultist reach for a double shot. Have the nurse get the hell out of there and give the poor child space."

"I have to admit you have my confused Mr Wainwright but it is not important right now I will tell Anna what you asked me and ask the nurse to give her some space, perhaps that will calm her down, I fear for the child's heart if she continue to be this upset."
Alex agreed.

He nodded, "Very well, my phone is... wait, it's on, but I handed it to... bugger, tell him to hold on for a few moments while I retrieve it - I'll call 999 when I have it back; that should be a sufficient signal."

"Master Harris says ok...and that he will be ready alternatively he says he can make a portal since there was some talk of getting several people out of there now, one rote irritate reality less than two, so if it works for you he can just set up the portal now and you can come through."
The Etherite suggested.

He grimaced and handed the phone back, "Only a matter of life and death in the infirmary... I've got to get my own phone back and get home, if you will excuse me."

"Off course...just go I will take care of things here."

He sprinted back through the security chief's room and through the portal and skidded over to Udella, "I need my phone back, to get back to the Chantry. Medical crisis for my apprentice-to-be; someone tried to give her a shot..."

You got through and found Udella and the other Masters getting into a ritual formation, the old Quesitor handed you the phone.
"Off course...poor child she must be terrified with what she have experienced."
She said.
"I wish there where more I could do but I have to get back to the ritual work to destroy the Caul."
Udella said apologetically.

(OOC: If Colin go for a portal just ignore the part about getting back to the Caul's chamber and speaking with Udella.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:15 am

You got out into the parking lot where Ryan was waiting for you, you see the Verbena Duncan stand there waiting also.

"All ready to go kid?" Ryan asked as he opened the trunk of the car so you could place your things inside.

"Mr Acherman is coming with us, he have some business on Steelhaven." He informed you as he watched the Verbena shapeshifter get into the passenger seat.

"Ready to go." Serge said as he hopped into the back of the car.

"You know I never really gave it much thought, but Steelhaven is an awesome name! Sounds like some kind of medieval fortress." Serge said in an amusing tone as he flipped to an empty page within his sketchbook and began drawing his own depiction as to what the chantry might look like.

As he drew, Serge took the time to ask more question about Steelhaven. "So is their anything I need to know about Steelhaven? Any important people I should keep an eye out for?"
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:49 am

"Ready to go." Serge said as he hopped into the back of the car.

Ryan got into the drivers seat and started the car and maneuvered it out of the old factory's parking lot, you would never know just by looking at it that Westchapel where a home to a few dozen mages, it just looked in an old, abandoned factory from the outside.

"You know I never really gave it much thought, but Steelhaven is an awesome name! Sounds like some kind of medieval fortress." Serge said in an amusing tone as he flipped to an empty page within his sketchbook and began drawing his own depiction as to what the chantry might look like.

"I am afraid you will be disappointed there kid, the Chantry is housed in an apartment building, there is not allot of medieval fortresses in the middle of Boston...the name comes from the Chantry's founder, George Steelhaven, he might have come from a fortress like that once though, no one know how old he is."
Ryan said as he drove he sounded slightly amused.

As he drew, Serge took the time to ask more question about Steelhaven. "So is their anything I need to know about Steelhaven? Any important people I should keep an eye out for?"

"Well you have the Deacon Council, we have five, the Deacon Primus is old George Steelhaven himself, though he is getting ready to leave us to become a Postulant...that means he will be wandering out into the Umbra to try to find the Oracles to become their apprentice, very few return from that...then there is Narim Sharaya he is a Virtual Adept and Master Steelhaven's chosen successor to lead the Chantry. Amadeus Nassa is a Verbena he is a skilled healer but he have a prickly side, ehm...especially now that his apprentice is...well in either case then we have Jeffry Amaris Morgan just like Master Steelhaven he is a Hermetic and he is our security chief, he might be old fashioned but he is a good man, the last member of the Deacon Council I think you will like actually, hell with you imagination kid perhaps you will actually be able to understand her Mara O'Conner she is a Hermetic as well but she is of House Merinita and they say she is heavily fay blooded."
The Cultist smiled a little.
"So that is our leaders, most others you will meet in time...there is a few other things you should be aware of though...ehm we have some prisoners from our clashes with the Nephandi, they will hopefully be taken to Horizon to stand trial today, but be aware of them anyway and stay well clear unless given an order to keep guard or something...and you should also know that one of these Fallen is...was a member of Westchapel."
He said sadly.
"Cadence Clearwater the student of Mrs Danielson..."
You knew Cadence she was only a few years older than you and still lived with her Mentor though at times you thought that was less because the elderly Mrs Danielson needed to protect her young student and more because the elderly mage was becoming just a touch senile and Cadence wanted to tend to her ailing Mentor. You remember the young woman as kind and caring and friendly once she got over her original shyness.

Duncan looked down and sigh.
"This will break the poor girl's Mentor's heart."
He said and Ryan nodded.
"I know, she is with her former student now, poor old woman."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:33 am

// re: OOC 1: I am sorry I have probably missed something but I am unclear on whatever or not Adley go through the shortcut portal to the Chief's chambers or if he stay in the Caul chamber, I will reply when this is made clear.

- Joakim said in the previous post to mine for Adley: "I could need help keeping guard until the rest of our forces can be evacuated back to the Chantry though."

I assumed that he was wherever he was supposed to guard, whether that was with him on the other side of the portal or not, sorry if that was not clear. I can ask in an IC post though too if that would be clearer. Apologies for not noting that earlier, went out to a baseball game. My team actually won! xD
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:40 am

They are children, but fera non the less. In any case, Alessa and you would make a good team and i trust both of you. Just...
get all the girls ready for anything and if you need to flee, don'tt doubt.
he said, thinking first on the safety of the girls he had in his house. He bet that Paula would be at least as deadly as Coawa, and that Strawberry could sneak out of anything, but it was true they were on a safe harbor, or so they thought... It was truth, in the other hand, that they were warriors in a war, too.

You can always ask our spirit friends to look after the place. Remember there are some enthralled spirits, so check that too.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:25 am

Adley:

You move through the fleshy, rotting portal and got back to the Nephandi chief's room where those evacuated from the Caul chamber was ending up, some was then moving into the small hallway outside which where probably where guards where most needed. You saw Zach speak with Colin he was clearly rather stressed and you could see why, Flavio lay completely limp on the floor. You heard the two of them speculate that the prisoner had ended up in a Seeking after you left him and it could seam that it was correct. Zach and Colin then discussed Hans Harris setting up a portal to get everyone not needed to destroy the Caul back to Morningstar and then it appeared that Colin got some disturbing news.
"Keep an eye on things until the portal is up if you please and then help me get everyone through safely would you Sodalis?"
Joakim asked, he glanced at Flavio and frowned. Joakim was still carrying Abigail over his shoulder.

(OOC: Sorry for the misunderstanding I hope it is clearer now. I hope you had a good time at your ball game. Very Happy )

Tane:

They are children, but fera non the less. In any case, Alessa and you would make a good team and i trust both of you. Just...
get all the girls ready for anything and if you need to flee, don'tt doubt. he said, thinking first on the safety of the girls he had in his house. He bet that Paula would be at least as deadly as Coawa, and that Strawberry could sneak out of anything, but it was true they were on a safe harbor, or so they thought... It was truth, in the other hand, that they were warriors in a war, too.

"I will get the girls out if need be, and me and Alessa will keep them safe."
Coawa promised he still sounded uneasy.
"If we have to abandon the house where should we meet you?"
He requested and you heard him sniff the air, in human form his senses was not as sharp as those he had as a shark but even so he was a rather alert man.
"Well so far everything seam calm but I can not shake this gnawing feeling that something is wrong you know."

You can always ask our spirit friends to look after the place. Remember there are some enthralled spirits, so check that too.

"I know, and the house concern me less than the safety of the girls however I will see if I can ask some spirits if they can figure out what is wrong."
The wereshark muttered as he moved back inside the house as you heard the door open and close.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:29 am

"I will make the introductions as soon as we are back at the Chantry then and I hope you can find a solution for your apprentice Sir but why do you need something to control your student's magick?"
Colin sighed, "Because she used to be a member of this Labyrinth... Hear me out - her Avatar is Fallen, but I have good cause to believe that to be reversible; visions of the future and the like - and she can't be Gilguled; she'd never survive it due to, well, she was improperly healed after I shot her earlier... It's complicated, but she's not an entirely lost cause; there's light in her yet, and I'd prefer not to risk that being lost by seeing her executed and taking our chances with her next incarnation..."
He smiled wryly, "But of course, since trust is hard to come by, I will need to restrain her powers much of the time."

"Heart's Blood is what the Verbena call it yes...hum I see, the thing that stopped that abomination Matty Carlyle then, I did wonder why that critter suddenly started listening to your Cabalmate...well without what he did I have a feeling we would all be dead so good thing to got him out of his Quiet."
Leon said.
He nodded, "If everyone could use that item, it would be less urgent, but... well, it's sort of a family thing. It's complicated. You know how it seems like some Avatars always reincarnate in some relation to one another?"

"Well at least you will know what to look for when you go house hunting, future visions can be awfully practical at times."
Leon said and nodded.
"A wife, and apprentice and a kid, well it seams you will have a good future then if your visions come true."
He grinned, "Yes, well, first I have to convince her Cabal I am in fact a good man..."
He frowned, "That... might be a little harder to convince myself of first, after I prepared to... well..."

"Well he did try to murder us all but considering what lay in store for him I guess some compassion is warranted."
Zach said and glanced at the still form of Flavio.
He nodded, "It's not the cornered rat who is to blame for how it will fight to the death, is it?"

"I don't understand...I thought all hope was lost for the Fallen?"
The Virtual Adept asked he sounded quite confused.
He gave Zach a sour frown, "A common fiction, all to make that bloody ritual more palatable. What better way to keep a gruesome punishment in place than to present it as lacking alternatives? And that again plays straight into the Nephandi's hands - there's no reason for them not to fight to the death, since being captured is guaranteed to be worse..."

"I have to admit you have my confused Mr Wainwright but it is not important right now I will tell Anna what you asked me and ask the nurse to give her some space, perhaps that will calm her down, I fear for the child's heart if she continue to be this upset."
Alex agreed.
He narrowed his eyes ever so slightly, "The nurse leaves the room - right now, that woman's presence will only serve to stress the girl further, and we can't afford that."

"Master Harris says ok...and that he will be ready alternatively he says he can make a portal since there was some talk of getting several people out of there now, one rote irritate reality less than two, so if it works for you he can just set up the portal now and you can come through."
The Etherite suggested.
He nodded to himself, "There are others needing evacuation in short order; a portal would be best - but I still need the phone, there is something I need Master Harris to secure and distribute to a few select individuals as quickly as possible. I'll be right back."

You got through and found Udella and the other Masters getting into a ritual formation, the old Quesitor handed you the phone.
"Off course...poor child she must be terrified with what she have experienced."
She said.
"I wish there where more I could do but I have to get back to the ritual work to destroy the Caul."
Udella said apologetically.
He nodded, "There is plenty more you can do - plenty more you will do, if my memories hold true - but we can talk about that back at the Chantry, when we get some rest."

Returning to the corridor, he gave Adley a nod, "Medical crisis, I've got to return a little ahead of schedule. Stay safe."
Then he made straight for Harris' portal and powered through.

((OOC: Portal's good, but he still wants his phone, to secure the recording of Abigail dropping names. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:59 am

Colin sighed, "Because she used to be a member of this Labyrinth... Hear me out - her Avatar is Fallen, but I have good cause to believe that to be reversible; visions of the future and the like - and she can't be Gilguled; she'd never survive it due to, well, she was improperly healed after I shot her earlier... It's complicated, but she's not an entirely lost cause; there's light in her yet, and I'd prefer not to risk that being lost by seeing her executed and taking our chances with her next incarnation..."
He smiled wryly, "But of course, since trust is hard to come by, I will need to restrain her powers much of the time."

Felicity looked like she was going to protest for a moment then she nodded.
"I see I guess no one from Morningstar can really judge the decision to give the girl a chance, I mean we have Master Ir with us and he is not some kid that would have been lured into thing."
She said and then she nodded.
"I see and you need a way to restrain her magick that is more comfortable and safer than using something like those cuffs or the serum?"

He nodded, "If everyone could use that item, it would be less urgent, but... well, it's sort of a family thing. It's complicated. You know how it seems like some Avatars always reincarnate in some relation to one another?"

"Yes you told me about that, it is a comforting thought in a way that when I die I might meet my loved ones again in another life. I understand that the item you speak of might not work for everyone and such sensitive things are probably not a good thing to discuss in a Labyrinth."
Leon said and nodded.

He grinned, "Yes, well, first I have to convince her Cabal I am in fact a good man..."
He frowned, "That... might be a little harder to convince myself of first, after I prepared to... well..."

"Ah I see your sweetheart's Cabal is protective of her now are they? Well good they will keep her safe in the war then."
The Verditius said and smiled a little then he sigh and glanced at you.
"We all...have done horrible things in this fight...this war it...is horrible."
He muttered softly.

He nodded, "It's not the cornered rat who is to blame for how it will fight to the death, is it?"

"Well if the Technocracy had me dead to rights I might fight rather desperately for my life but if I had the power to kill far more than those who where attacking me like Flavio's spell would have done then I would not do it, I am not excusing his Ball of Abysmal Flame however that do not mean he do not deserve compassion."
Zach said and frowned.

He gave Zach a sour frown, "A common fiction, all to make that bloody ritual more palatable. What better way to keep a gruesome punishment in place than to present it as lacking alternatives? And that again plays straight into the Nephandi's hands - there's no reason for them not to fight to the death, since being captured is guaranteed to be worse..."

The Virtual Adept looked at you for a moment not really seaming to know what to think about what you where saying.
"I mean no disrespect but I am not sure I can believe that yet man, but I hope you are right having an alternative to...to...that would be a blessing...shit even thinking about it make my skin crawl I hope I never have to see something like that happening."
Zach said and shuddered he sort of petted his phone as if to draw comfort from the prescience of his foci.

He narrowed his eyes ever so slightly, "The nurse leaves the room - right now, that woman's presence will only serve to stress the girl further, and we can't afford that."

"I agree but I need to get back up into the infirmary to ask her to leave since I am down in the computer room at the moment, I do not have the skill to make a phone call across the Gauntlet so I am speaking across Master Harris' rote, I will tell the woman to leave as soon as I get back."
Alex agreed.

He nodded to himself, "There are others needing evacuation in short order; a portal would be best - but I still need the phone, there is something I need Master Harris to secure and distribute to a few select individuals as quickly as possible. I'll be right back."

"Very well Master Harris says that the portal will be up when you return with your phone and I will wait for you in the infirmary, if there is nothing further then I will let Master Harris work."

He nodded, "There is plenty more you can do - plenty more you will do, if my memories hold true - but we can talk about that back at the Chantry, when we get some rest."

Udella nodded and gave you a tired smile.
"I am not completely sure I understand your meaning young man but yes we will need some rest."
She agreed before she returned to the preparations for the ritual to destroy the Caul, Udella gave you a friendly smile then she focused on the task at hand."

Returning to the corridor, he gave Adley a nod, "Medical crisis, I've got to return a little ahead of schedule. Stay safe."
Then he made straight for Harris' portal and powered through.

By the time you returned to the hallway outside of the chief's room Master Harris portal was up and it shimmered slightly in the air, going through it felt a bit strange but you had already used one of the older Virtual Adept's portals a little while ago so getting through was not so bad allot allot less unpleasant than the shortcut to the Caul chamber. You see Kristina down there in Morningstar's portal chamber along with the nun you had seen in hallway, both healers ready to help the wounded that would be coming through the portal, you see a few of those you had fought with had already gone though by the time you got though. Kristina nodded to you as you passed her.

(OOC: Town portal. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:56 pm

Felicity looked like she was going to protest for a moment then she nodded.
"I see I guess no one from Morningstar can really judge the decision to give the girl a chance, I mean we have Master Ir with us and he is not some kid that would have been lured into thing."
She said and then she nodded.
"I see and you need a way to restrain her magick that is more comfortable and safer than using something like those cuffs or the serum?"
Colin nodded, "Master Ir's case is not an exact precedent, but it is close enough for a legal case, and she... did ask me for help when she first came here, some seven years ago. It's a bit complicated... and yes, something less uncomfortable and harder to slip out of than the cuffs, and something that won't become toxic after long-term use unlike the bloody serum..."

"Yes you told me about that, it is a comforting thought in a way that when I die I might meet my loved ones again in another life. I understand that the item you speak of might not work for everyone and such sensitive things are probably not a good thing to discuss in a Labyrinth."
Leon said and nodded.
He smiled wryly, "Just keep in mind, two Avatars that keep reincarnating to cross paths in their mortal lives aren't necessarily going to keep meeting as loved ones. The Doctor and The Master are good examples of old enemies showing up to do battle over and over again across incarnations..."

"Ah I see your sweetheart's Cabal is protective of her now are they? Well good they will keep her safe in the war then."
The Verditius said and smiled a little then he sigh and glanced at you.
"We all...have done horrible things in this fight...this war it...is horrible."
He muttered softly.
He nodded, then frowned, "Oh, I trust her Cabal; they're good people... I, however, misused your Custos' trust to get hold of a terrible weapon... that one's going to stay with me for some time, even if we avoided needing to use it..."

"Well if the Technocracy had me dead to rights I might fight rather desperately for my life but if I had the power to kill far more than those who where attacking me like Flavio's spell would have done then I would not do it, I am not excusing his Ball of Abysmal Flame however that do not mean he do not deserve compassion."
Zach said and frowned.
He nodded, "Just remember that the Nephandi philosophy, which he still subscribed to at that time, does tend toward a rather nasty sort of nihilism, so prematurely ending the existence of an entire city block instead of letting it suffer and toil in a broken world would be considered an act of mercy in many ways... Oh, the notion is still dead wrong, of course, but I can see where it's coming from..."

The Virtual Adept looked at you for a moment not really seaming to know what to think about what you where saying.
"I mean no disrespect but I am not sure I can believe that yet man, but I hope you are right having an alternative to...to...that would be a blessing...shit even thinking about it make my skin crawl I hope I never have to see something like that happening."
Zach said and shuddered he sort of petted his phone as if to draw comfort from the prescience of his foci.
He smiled, "Then I look forward to convincing you. Later, though."

"I agree but I need to get back up into the infirmary to ask her to leave since I am down in the computer room at the moment, I do not have the skill to make a phone call across the Gauntlet so I am speaking across Master Harris' rote, I will tell the woman to leave as soon as I get back."
Alex agreed.
"Very well Master Harris says that the portal will be up when you return with your phone and I will wait for you in the infirmary, if there is nothing further then I will let Master Harris work."
He nodded, "Good, and godspeed."

By the time you returned to the hallway outside of the chief's room Master Harris portal was up and it shimmered slightly in the air, going through it felt a bit strange but you had already used one of the older Virtual Adept's portals a little while ago so getting through was not so bad allot allot less unpleasant than the shortcut to the Caul chamber. You see Kristina down there in Morningstar's portal chamber along with the nun you had seen in hallway, both healers ready to help the wounded that would be coming through the portal, you see a few of those you had fought with had already gone though by the time you got though. Kristina nodded to you as you passed her.
He looked at Kristina, not meeting her eyes, "Ah, Mrs. Knox... I'll need your help with an apology later... I'll get back to you; life and death situation right now..."
He glanced around quickly, "Where's Master Harris?"

((OOC: Town portal. Yes. ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:19 pm

Colin nodded, "Master Ir's case is not an exact precedent, but it is close enough for a legal case, and she... did ask me for help when she first came here, some seven years ago. It's a bit complicated...

Felicity nodded at that but she looked a bit confused as well.
"You where here seven years ago? I am afraid I do not understand you meaning."
She said as she regarded you.

and yes, something less uncomfortable and harder to slip out of than the cuffs, and something that won't become toxic after long-term use unlike the bloody serum..."

"I understand, well perhaps that pair will be willing to help you with that, I can not speak for them off course but I can set up a meeting at least."
The Dreamspeaker agreed.

He smiled wryly, "Just keep in mind, two Avatars that keep reincarnating to cross paths in their mortal lives aren't necessarily going to keep meeting as loved ones. The Doctor and The Master are good examples of old enemies showing up to do battle over and over again across incarnations..."

"Ehm...what doctor? I am a little confused, but I get it new lives mean new roles in relation to one another, it is still a comfort to know that I will see my loved ones again in some capacity or another."
Leon said and smiled a little.

He nodded, then frowned, "Oh, I trust her Cabal; they're good people... I, however, misused your Custos' trust to get hold of a terrible weapon... that one's going to stay with me for some time, even if we avoided needing to use it..."

"The content of your thermos...I heard you mention vampire blood. Miss Jarden's blood then, yeah she might be a bit pissed about that...and I can see that one staying with you I for one sure would not want to be turn into a vampire."
Leon muttered and shuddered.

He nodded, "Just remember that the Nephandi philosophy, which he still subscribed to at that time, does tend toward a rather nasty sort of nihilism, so prematurely ending the existence of an entire city block instead of letting it suffer and toil in a broken world would be considered an act of mercy in many ways... Oh, the notion is still dead wrong, of course, but I can see where it's coming from..."

"I guess you are right and that is fucked up...the Nephandi are fucked up as hell!"
Zach exclaimed and he looked at the still form of Flavio.
"How can anyone think that is ok?"

He smiled, "Then I look forward to convincing you. Later, though."

"I look forward to that to and if you can convince me I will gladly admit that I was wrong."
The Virtual Adept said with a smile.

He nodded, "Good, and godspeed."

"The same for you, please come over her as quickly as you can."
Alex said before he hung up.

He looked at Kristina, not meeting her eyes, "Ah, Mrs. Knox... I'll need your help with an apology later... I'll get back to you; life and death situation right now..."

Kristina gave you a bit of an odd look.
"Sure just come see me when I am done healing the wounded."
She said then she raised an eyebrow.
"You better go attend to your life and death matter then, but if someone needs healing immediately do you need my help, there are wounded incoming but I did not understand it that any of them where in critical condition."

He glanced around quickly, "Where's Master Harris?"

"Up in the computer room where he do most of his magick."
Kristina said and nodded towards the stairs to the first floor.
"Did you need to see him Mr Wainwright?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:43 pm

Felicity nodded at that but she looked a bit confused as well.
"You where here seven years ago? I am afraid I do not understand you meaning."
She said as she regarded you.
He scratched his head, "Future me will apparently be a pretty damn good Chronomancer... and future me projected my present self into the past while in one of the passages here, so my... shadow reached the girl in the past. It's a wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey ball."

"I understand, well perhaps that pair will be willing to help you with that, I can not speak for them off course but I can set up a meeting at least."
The Dreamspeaker agreed.
He grinned wryly, "Just tell them a future Chronomancer is meddling with his present self to fix the timeline; I'm sure that will perk their interest..."

"Ehm...what doctor? I am a little confused, but I get it new lives mean new roles in relation to one another, it is still a comfort to know that I will see my loved ones again in some capacity or another."
Leon said and smiled a little.
He grinned, "TV show. Google it; I'm sure you won't be disappointed."

"The content of your thermos...I heard you mention vampire blood. Miss Jarden's blood then, yeah she might be a bit pissed about that...and I can see that one staying with you I for one sure would not want to be turn into a vampire."
Leon muttered and shuddered.
He nodded, "It was no bluff - had it been necessary, I would have done so... but all the same, I thank God, or whoever will listen and take credit, for the fact that I never needed to use it. It's burned out, blasted away, and no threat to anyone anymore..."

"I guess you are right and that is fucked up...the Nephandi are fucked up as hell!"
Zach exclaimed and he looked at the still form of Flavio.
"How can anyone think that is ok?"
He sighed, "Their Avatars have been twisted, and all they see is a broken world, the bright spots like the unconditional love of a pet, or a mother's care for her children just... don't show up, even when they are present in the same Labyrinth... they're convinced the world is beyond repair, so unmaking the whole thing is the only moral choice."

"I look forward to that to and if you can convince me I will gladly admit that I was wrong."
The Virtual Adept said with a smile.
He grinned, "I'll make sure you get word when one of the people in question is proven an upright member of the Traditions."

Kristina gave you a bit of an odd look.
"Sure just come see me when I am done healing the wounded."
She said then she raised an eyebrow.
"You better go attend to your life and death matter then, but if someone needs healing immediately do you need my help, there are wounded incoming but I did not understand it that any of them where in critical condition."
He pondered for a moment, "The girl I brought in... she is severely stressed, and her heart may fail at any moment. I would appreciate it if you were to come help save her - she's deathly afraid of needles, and a nurse tried to give her a shot... but you don't use needles, so if you can pull yourself away from the less critical casualties, I'd appreciate that."

"Up in the computer room where he do most of his magick."
Kristina said and nodded towards the stairs to the first floor.
"Did you need to see him Mr Wainwright?"
He waved his phone in the air as he made for the stairs, "I'll drop this off on the way - I need him to secure some evidence on it; make a few backups."
He took the stairs two steps at a time and opened the door to the computer lab, "Master Harris, I need a few backups made of the last audio recording on this phone, and copies sent to Chief Morgan, Freddy, Master Adimari and Master Min... best make a few other backups on USB drives as well, just in case. I'll leave it here."
Placing the phone on the nearest table, he sprinted up to the infirmary, not even waiting for a response.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:18 pm

He scratched his head, "Future me will apparently be a pretty damn good Chronomancer... and future me projected my present self into the past while in one of the passages here, so my... shadow reached the girl in the past. It's a wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey ball."

Felicity just looked at you for a while her eyes wide then she smiled a little.
"You must get allot of headaches Sir for that sounds really, really confusing."
She said and scratched her head.
"How do you keep track of it all."

He grinned wryly, "Just tell them a future Chronomancer is meddling with his present self to fix the timeline; I'm sure that will perk their interest..."

The young Dreamspeaker grinned at that.
"Yeah...I will tell them that might just do it."
She agreed.

He grinned, "TV show. Google it; I'm sure you won't be disappointed."

Leon raised an eyebrow he still looked rather confused.
"Ehm...yeah sure I will do that, thank you."

He nodded, "It was no bluff - had it been necessary, I would have done so... but all the same, I thank God, or whoever will listen and take credit, for the fact that I never needed to use it. It's burned out, blasted away, and no threat to anyone anymore..."

"That is...quite a burden I understand that the situation is fucked up but man..."
Leon said and he did not seam to know exactly what to say he lifted one hand to scratch at the back of his head and sigh.
"I...am glad as well that it was not necessary to use the vampire blood for man that would have been bad."

He sighed, "Their Avatars have been twisted, and all they see is a broken world, the bright spots like the unconditional love of a pet, or a mother's care for her children just... don't show up, even when they are present in the same Labyrinth... they're convinced the world is beyond repair, so unmaking the whole thing is the only moral choice."

"That is so...sad..."
Zach muttered softly.
"That is just no way to live, thinking about it like that though make me pity the Nephandi more than hating them, who would do that to themselves? Step into a Caul and become something like that...I hope that if I ever get an idea like that min my head that someone shoot me, repeatedly."
The Virtual Adept said and he gave Flavio a sad look.

He grinned, "I'll make sure you get word when one of the people in question is proven an upright member of the Traditions."

"I will be looking forward to it, though I can not completely believe it until I see some proof like that."
Zach said as he gave you a bit of a doubtful look.

He pondered for a moment, "The girl I brought in... she is severely stressed, and her heart may fail at any moment. I would appreciate it if you were to come help save her - she's deathly afraid of needles, and a nurse tried to give her a shot... but you don't use needles, so if you can pull yourself away from the less critical casualties, I'd appreciate that."

Kristina nodded she gave an apologetic look to the nun she left to deal with the injured on her own and came with you.
"I see well not all medical personnel is as good with taking phobias into consideration."
She said and sigh.
"But yes I use my own blood, herbs and crystals for the most part, I will see what I can do for the girl."
The Verbena agreed as she hurried along with you.

He waved his phone in the air as he made for the stairs, "I'll drop this off on the way - I need him to secure some evidence on it; make a few backups."
He took the stairs two steps at a time and opened the door to the computer lab, "Master Harris, I need a few backups made of the last audio recording on this phone, and copies sent to Chief Morgan, Freddy, Master Adimari and Master Min... best make a few other backups on USB drives as well, just in case. I'll leave it here."

Master Harris gave you a rather confused look as you dropped by with the phone and he raised an eyebrow but he nodded he might have said something but you where out the door again before you had the time to hear his reply.

Placing the phone on the nearest table, he sprinted up to the infirmary, not even waiting for a response.

You rushed up the stairs, earing a sour look from Granite who was having his early morning nap on one of the stairs and he did not see the reason for such a ruckus. You got up to the infirmary the nurse in question stood outside the door looking a bit shocked over the whole situation inside, the syringe with sedatives she had intended for Anna still in her hand, forgotten. You could hear Anna screaming for everyone to stay away from her from inside of the infirmary and getting in there you saw that the girl had gotten between a supply cabinet and the wall in one corner, she had grabbed an metal tray to defend herself with, her wrists where badly bruised and bleeding and her right hand where damaged with the thumb broken where she had thorn it free from the cuffs. The infirmary was in complete disarray, William who was restrained to one of the beds where panicking from the chaos. James was awake and looking rather shocked. Wolfgang where as still as before though. The young man who had taken care of your tetanus shot where trying to calm William down while Alex where hunched down trying and failing to calm down Anna, the young Nephandus was scared out of her wits, and she was heaving for breath between sobs and shouts that everyone should stay away from her.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:26 pm

Felicity just looked at you for a while her eyes wide then she smiled a little.
"You must get allot of headaches Sir for that sounds really, really confusing."
She said and scratched her head.
"How do you keep track of it all."
Colin grinned, "With surprising ease. Brits have it easy; we have tea, gin and Doctor Who to help us cope with time travel. Balancing the dose is the tricky part."

"That is...quite a burden I understand that the situation is fucked up but man..."
Leon said and he did not seam to know exactly what to say he lifted one hand to scratch at the back of his head and sigh.
"I...am glad as well that it was not necessary to use the vampire blood for man that would have been bad."
He nodded, "As a small mercy, that particular demon might be put back in the bottle since it was not actually used... Resorting to gilgul is bad, but that... would have been worse, however necessary."

"That is so...sad..."
Zach muttered softly.
"That is just no way to live, thinking about it like that though make me pity the Nephandi more than hating them, who would do that to themselves? Step into a Caul and become something like that...I hope that if I ever get an idea like that min my head that someone shoot me, repeatedly."
The Virtual Adept said and he gave Flavio a sad look.
He looked evenly at Zach, "I'm sure that could be arranged, though I suspect it will be adequate to render you temporarily unconscious."

Kristina nodded she gave an apologetic look to the nun she left to deal with the injured on her own and came with you.
"I see well not all medical personnel is as good with taking phobias into consideration."
She said and sigh.
"But yes I use my own blood, herbs and crystals for the most part, I will see what I can do for the girl."
The Verbena agreed as she hurried along with you.
He nodded, "Indeed - the problem here being it seems the nurse didn't get the message. Telling someone repeatedly forced to watch lobotomies that a needle will fix her brain chemistry was... unfortunate. Hopefully, we can calm her down before her heart stops..."

You rushed up the stairs, earing a sour look from Granite who was having his early morning nap on one of the stairs and he did not see the reason for such a ruckus. You got up to the infirmary the nurse in question stood outside the door looking a bit shocked over the whole situation inside, the syringe with sedatives she had intended for Anna still in her hand, forgotten.
He swiftly sidestepped the cat, "Sorry, Granite, girl in danger. If you want to help comfort her, do come along."
He looked evenly at miss Bosh, "You might want to dispose of that syringe miss Bosh... somewhere Anna doesn't see it. She... was forced to watch lobotomies; there'll be no needles or even referencing doing anything with her brain, am I clear?"
He took a deep breath and carefully softened his expression, then stepped inside.

You could hear Anna screaming for everyone to stay away from her from inside of the infirmary and getting in there you saw that the girl had gotten between a supply cabinet and the wall in one corner, she had grabbed an metal tray to defend herself with, her wrists where badly bruised and bleeding and her right hand where damaged with the thumb broken where she had thorn it free from the cuffs. The infirmary was in complete disarray, William who was restrained to one of the beds where panicking from the chaos. James was awake and looking rather shocked. Wolfgang where as still as before though. The young man who had taken care of your tetanus shot where trying to calm William down while Alex where hunched down trying and failing to calm down Anna, the young Nephandus was scared out of her wits, and she was heaving for breath between sobs and shouts that everyone should stay away from her.
He took a few steps into the room and nodded to James and the man trying to calm William, "Alex... go help your colleague, if you will... I've got this."
He carefully took the doll out of his pocket and took a couple more steps toward Anna, holding out the old, beloved toy, "Good morning, Anna... I'm terribly sorry this happened - it was not supposed to; somehow, the nurse had not gotten the message about no needles. Look, I got you your doll back; the one you gave me all those years ago... You mistook me for Hephaestus, understandably enough, and... you left me this, offering it as a sacrifice. I couldn't save your mother then, and I can't do it right now, but if you calm down and stay with me, I might be able to do so in the future..."
He knelt down at a safe distance, watching carefully for Anna's reaction, "It's all right now, no-one is going to hurt you, we'll get you moved to another room where there aren't any needles... Do you want to put that tray down and let us see to your thumb? I've got a good healer with me, one who uses less scary methods..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:57 pm

Colin grinned, "With surprising ease. Brits have it easy; we have tea, gin and Doctor Who to help us cope with time travel. Balancing the dose is the tricky part."

"Ah well I know I would not mind a stiff drink at the moment, perhaps it helps, getting drunk and watching science fiction as well is a great way to spend an evening but I am not so sure it will help sort of that mess of what did you call it a timy wimy ball?"

He nodded, "As a small mercy, that particular demon might be put back in the bottle since it was not actually used... Resorting to gilgul is bad, but that... would have been worse, however necessary."

"Yeah I mean both will leave you without magick but if one turn into a vampire...they can't kill themselves can they or so I hear? Also I wonder what kind of afterlife if any are in store for them...I mean I have not met any other vampires than Miss Jarden really but still they freak me out."
Leon said and grimaced.

He looked evenly at Zach, "I'm sure that could be arranged, though I suspect it will be adequate to render you temporarily unconscious."

"Well if I actually got it into my head to become a Nephandus, that I actually wanted to be one do feel free to kill me that would be better."
Zach said just as evenly.
"But if it was some mistake or coercion involved then sure feel free to disable me and resolve the situation without shooting my head of."

He nodded, "Indeed - the problem here being it seems the nurse didn't get the message. Telling someone repeatedly forced to watch lobotomies that a needle will fix her brain chemistry was... unfortunate. Hopefully, we can calm her down before her heart stops..."

"Oh dear, that poor child, probably Miss Bosh then she...is good at the technical part of her job, if I ave a wound I can't heal that need cleaning and stitching I would go to her and feel confident I was in the best of hands but I would not take my children to her for their checkups to say it like that."
Kristina said as she hurried along beside you.

He swiftly sidestepped the cat, "Sorry, Granite, girl in danger. If you want to help comfort her, do come along."

How much Granite understood was hard to tell, he understood the words come along at least and he stood, stretched and started climbing the stairs after you, though in his own time, he was a cat after all, not some dog that could be told to heel.

He looked evenly at miss Bosh, "You might want to dispose of that syringe miss Bosh... somewhere Anna doesn't see it. She... was forced to watch lobotomies; there'll be no needles or even referencing doing anything with her brain, am I clear?"
He took a deep breath and carefully softened his expression, then stepped inside.

The hedge wizard healer looked at you then down at her hand and saw the syringe she had forgotten she quickly capped it and muttered.
"Ah yes off course I am sorry...Mr Wainwright was it."
Her eyes widened when she heard what Anna had seen.
"Oh...I did not know I am dreadfully sorry, I get allot of scared kids where I work and it is best to just have someone hold them down and get it over with but if she have experienced something like that it is a trouble I understand that certainly, poor child."

He took a few steps into the room and nodded to James and the man trying to calm William, "Alex... go help your colleague, if you will... I've got this."

Alex nodded and stood up and quickly went to check on William and the other patients letting you deal with Anna he looked quite concerned though.

He carefully took the doll out of his pocket and took a couple more steps toward Anna, holding out the old, beloved toy, "Good morning, Anna... I'm terribly sorry this happened - it was not supposed to; somehow, the nurse had not gotten the message about no needles.

Anna looked at you and she looked miserable, her eyes was red from crying and she was terrified, she was holding onto the tray as best she could with her wounded hands.
"She wanted to harm my brain, she said that needle would affect my brain!"
She screamed.
"I am going to become like that man in the bed over there and they want to harm my brain as well!"
She sobbed and curled up more and coughed violently, she was deathly pale and did not look healthy.

Look, I got you your doll back; the one you gave me all those years ago... You mistook me for Hephaestus, understandably enough, and... you left me this, offering it as a sacrifice. I couldn't save your mother then, and I can't do it right now, but if you calm down and stay with me, I might be able to do so in the future..."

Anna glanced at the doll over the tray she was holding and her eyes widened.
"That...that...was mine...I remember...before Gabriel captured us my mother gave that to me, she carved it out of a log."
She muttered then she looked at recognition and shock on her face.
"I...met you in the Labyrinth when I was little I...it is fuzzy but I...remember I...you can save her in the future? My mother?"
She asked.

He knelt down at a safe distance, watching carefully for Anna's reaction,

The young Nephanda was terrified but she was at least listening to you she looked from you to the doll and back again not seaming to know what to think.

"It's all right now, no-one is going to hurt you, we'll get you moved to another room where there aren't any needles... Do you want to put that tray down and let us see to your thumb? I've got a good healer with me, one who uses less scary methods..."

Anna glanced at Kristina still holding onto the tray.
"A healer...what is she going to do to me?"
She asked nervously. Kristina who stood a good distance away took one of her crystals out of her belt pouch and rolled it over to you so you could show the girl that her methods would not hurt her.
"Another room...are you sure no one will hurt me...no one will stick me with needles for any reason?"
Anna asked skeptically not quite believing it she was still holding onto that tray for bare life and struggeling to breathe.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top