Rules discussion Gilgul, Branding and general shit that can happen to your Avatar.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rules discussion Gilgul, Branding and general shit that can happen to your Avatar.

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:47 pm

Stiff upper lip and all. Razz But no Colin is not corrupted, not yet but if Mia keep consuming corrupted shards then in time well...As for Colin's view on Gilgul, he have a rather direct and past life experience of it not being fun and with Mia recreating herself he probably yes will think that it is just a temporary solution to the Nephandi.
Hardly even a "solution". :/

Ah yes that is going to be fun for him, there will be some interesting things to see. And yes Cotta's hards have brought some gifts...and other things with it. Razz I can see there will be some interesting in character conversations once the fighting in the Labyrinth is done though.
I imagine Jeffry's going to be surprised when Colin starts chatting up Poodle. Wink

How to develop your third eye's eyelid...well, maybe Adley's explanation about how he showed him spirit sight would make more sense? Or, you know, not because he didn't actually explain it too well xD
Yeah, that explanation skimped on a LOT beyond "I shared my vision with you." Wink

Yeah I get the general idea of alchemy, though I figure it's probably not the main focus of most Flambeau, even ones that do spiritual fighting. Course, potions are super useful things to know how to make!
Well, alchemy is pretty easy to comprehend for modern people with a decent basic education; it is, after all, largely the practical foundation of physics and chemistry - though the mysticism of it has been rather gutted from those scientific branches.
Seven colors in the spectrum, my furry butt. Razz

Most of it starting or ending with, 'you did what!/What happened???'
Well yes those conversation will be fun and I am pretty sure Adley will not approve of everything Colin have to tell him,there will be the scowling. Razz
Scowling, and a need for earplugs and magical scrambling of the room in which the conversation takes place... Adley's gun get LOUD. Wink
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rules discussion Gilgul, Branding and general shit that can happen to your Avatar.

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:11 pm

I imagine Jeffry's going to be surprised when Colin starts chatting up Poodle

Lol, careful those imps will start hanging around him for entertainment.

Yeah, that explanation skimped on a LOT beyond "I shared my vision with you

Laughing Hey, explaining the world of energy is more than a ten second convo during battle, he's not as chatty as Colin, he can't lecture and fight - at least not yet

Not all Flambeau are the stereotype tossing fireballs everywhere, big angry magickal attack dogs, far from it but they are soldiers in many ways and trained as such and they are practica

Right, so it's easier for him to pull the energy-based paradigm stuff he needs regarding spirits and so on from other sources than alchemy.

Well, alchemy is pretty easy to comprehend for modern people with a decent basic education; it is, after all, largely the practical foundation of physics and chemistry - though the mysticism of it has been rather gutted from those scientific branches.
Seven colors in the spectrum, my furry butt

If you know arabic you can read the oldest books ; )

Scowling, and a need for earplugs and magical scrambling of the room in which the conversation takes place... Adley's gun get LOUD

I figure Colin might be upset too, with him really - but at least they'll be alive xD Shooting his mouth off at Colin is just his way of saying he cares.

I found another rule that we discussed on tens: 0's - the old rules was ten roll again, if you had a specialty in it at rank 4, iirc - in M20 (274 & 512), if you roll tens on your specialty you to count each ten rolled as 2 sux instead of one (this includes Arete rolls in your specialty for spheres at rank 4+) - I think we agreed to use this rule in the last thread pg1
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:35 pm

Hardly even a "solution". :/

Yeah well it make sure you have a munch of shards and not a widderslainte so there is that.

I imagine Jeffry's going to be surprised when Colin starts chatting up Poodle. Wink

Indeed and he is sure to find the imps adorable and they are very easy to spoil. Razz

Seven colors in the spectrum, my furry butt. Razz

Well the chemistry of it are easy to understand but that is like saying that because one know the chemical composition of salt and water the Wiccan great rite by proxy are understood. The physical part of alchemy are just meant to be the manifested version of the spiritual work being done. It is a bit like someone who is broken up over something, a divorce for example and they buy a car that really need fixing and in the process of fixing the car they fix their own emotional self as well, the fixing of the car is not the important bit, it is just a tool for the inner healing, the same with alchemy.

Like I said they are really easy to spoil and they will nag...and show how adorable they are, they know that gets them playtime and candles.

Some of the old texts have been translated but far from all. It is a good reason to learn Arabic.

I found another rule that we discussed on tens: 0's - the old rules was ten roll again, if you had a specialty in it at rank 4, iirc - in M20 (274 & 512), if you roll tens on your specialty you to count each ten rolled as 2 sux instead of one (this includes Arete rolls in your specialty for spheres at rank 4+) - I think we agreed to use this rule in the last thread pg1

I like the new rule there, roll a ten get an automatic extra success if you have a specialty instead of rolling and risk getting a 1. The new rule works for me, what do you say Warp?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:34 pm

Yeah, well, he might not mind them visiting his workshop, so long as they play in the smelter rather than chewing on his shoelaxes. Wink

Laughing Hey, explaining the world of energy is more than a ten second convo during battle, he's not as chatty as Colin, he can't lecture and fight - at least not yet
But imagine how good he'll be at his day job when Adley figures out that trick? Wink

Ancient Greek, actually, since Zozimos of Panopolis' work is partially preserved in the original Greek. Wink Well, strictly speaking, the oldest works on the subject could just as likely be Chinese; seems they got started on alchemy roughly at the same time as the Greeks. Smile

I figure Colin might be upset too, with him really - but at least they'll be alive xD Shooting his mouth off at Colin is just his way of saying he cares.
I think Colin knows that all too well - and that Adley doesn't have a volume knob. Wink

Yeah well it make sure you have a munch of shards and not a widderslainte so there is that.
It's about as much a permanent solution as is pouring more oil into a leaky car engine. It'll help you get from A to B for now, but the car's still leaking oil and needs a permanent repair. Razz

Indeed and he is sure to find the imps adorable and they are very easy to spoil. Razz
Well, they rather are like excitable little children, aren't they?

Well the chemistry of it are easy to understand but that is like saying that because one know the chemical composition of salt and water the Wiccan great rite by proxy are understood. The physical part of alchemy are just meant to be the manifested version of the spiritual work being done. It is a bit like someone who is broken up over something, a divorce for example and they buy a car that really need fixing and in the process of fixing the car they fix their own emotional self as well, the fixing of the car is not the important bit, it is just a tool for the inner healing, the same with alchemy.
Essentially so. The spiritual/personal aspect of work and personal growth reflecting one another is perhaps not so much ignored by science as deemed not relevant to the scientific process.
Blame the Union for that? Wink

Like I said they are really easy to spoil and they will nag...and show how adorable they are, they know that gets them playtime and candles.
The day Colin gets Forces 2... "Look, Master Jeffry, your broken friend made us an energy ball. It tastes funny!" "What the hell kind of Quintessence is Wainwright throwing around now?"

Some of the old texts have been translated but far from all. It is a good reason to learn Arabic.
The Thousand and One Nights is another good reason. Wink

I like the new rule there, roll a ten get an automatic extra success if you have a specialty instead of rolling and risk getting a 1. The new rule works for me, what do you say Warp?
Yeah, i think we already agreed on that one? I'm very much good with it - gonna need to crank more Abilities up to 4+. Wink
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:34 pm

Yeah, well, he might not mind them visiting his workshop, so long as they play in the smelter rather than chewing on his shoelaxes. Wink

They would like the smelter allot.

Ancient Greek, actually, since Zozimos of Panopolis' work is partially preserved in the original Greek. Wink Well, strictly speaking, the oldest works on the subject could just as likely be Chinese; seems they got started on alchemy roughly at the same time as the Greeks. Smile

True the Cheirokmeta would be in Greek I had forgotten about that. Chinese Alchemy are older by several hundred years or rather documents about it are older Huan K'uan wrote about it around 70 BC and there are some earlier similar concepts one have found historical evidence for as well. I have to admit to not being as familiar with Taoist Alchemy though so I may be mistaken and there are older sources than Huan K'uan. Then again Aristotle wrote about some similar concepts before Huan K'uan so it is hard to say who was first.

I think Colin knows that all too well - and that Adley doesn't have a volume knob. Wink

He literary don't it is even on his character sheet that he lack a indoor voice when doing magick. Razz

It's about as much a permanent solution as is pouring more oil into a leaky car engine. It'll help you get from A to B for now, but the car's still leaking oil and needs a permanent repair. Razz

Well the shards will not cause to much trouble unless you well run into them or get to close to Mia. Razz

Well, they rather are like excitable little children, aren't they?

That they are, they are a bit specific and do not understand all the concepts that incarnate being have but yes they are childlike.

Essentially so. The spiritual/personal aspect of work and personal growth reflecting one another is perhaps not so much ignored by science as deemed not relevant to the scientific process.
Blame the Union for that? Wink

Well yes they are to blame to be sure but it is more than just self development, alchemy very much is a spiritual path or in other words you can do alchemy without a lab if you have the spiritual part but just the labwork without the spiritual journey is not alchemy.

The day Colin gets Forces 2... "Look, Master Jeffry, your broken friend made us an energy ball. It tastes funny!" "What the hell kind of Quintessence is Wainwright throwing around now?"

Well feeding Chief Morgan's pet imps strange Quintessence is a good path to much scowling and allot of kitchen duty. Razz

The Thousand and One Nights is another good reason. Wink

I think I would go for some of the early Hermetics texts and some of the religious documents especially about Sufism first though. Smile

Yeah, i think we already agreed on that one? I'm very much good with it - gonna need to crank more Abilities up to 4+. Wink

Well then we have an accord on that one folks. Smile
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:06 pm

True the Cheirokmeta would be in Greek I had forgotten about that. Chinese Alchemy are older by several hundred years or rather documents about it are older Huan K'uan wrote about it around 70 BC and there are some earlier similar concepts one have found historical evidence for as well. I have to admit to not being as familiar with Taoist Alchemy though so I may be mistaken and there are older sources than Huan K'uan. Then again Aristotle wrote about some similar concepts before Huan K'uan so it is hard to say who was first.
I do believe the earliest works are supposed to be from ca. the 4th Century BC, in both Greece and China.

Well yes they are to blame to be sure but it is more than just self development, alchemy very much is a spiritual path or in other words you can do alchemy without a lab if you have the spiritual part but just the labwork without the spiritual journey is not alchemy.
True enough. But the "pure" labwork was what laid the foundations for modern sciences, and it does have the merit of being predictable with far greater accuracy than personal improvement.
More's the pity, I suppose...

Well feeding Chief Morgan's pet imps strange Quintessence is a good path to much scowling and allot of kitchen duty. Razz
Probably strangely flavored toys more than snacks. Can you imagine such an imp toy made with Olamide's volcanic Tass? Razz

I think I would go for some of the early Hermetics texts and some of the religious documents especially about Sufism first though. Smile
I don't know, I think the fairy tales, to call them that, would be a great start - some known and some less known stories that would be a greater guide to the flow of the language than what one might find in... dryer, more factual texts.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:20 pm

I do believe the earliest works are supposed to be from ca. the 4th Century BC, in both Greece and China.

In China yes. In Greece we had allot of the philosophy that form the foundation of alchemy forming around those times but what can be recognized as alchemy itself came a little later if I am not mistaken.

True enough. But the "pure" labwork was what laid the foundations for modern sciences, and it does have the merit of being predictable with far greater accuracy than personal improvement.
More's the pity, I suppose...

It did have a huge part to play for the foundation of modern science, however while it was and is an amazing art, it is still only a tiny part of the whole, a physical practice that where meant to lead to a inner practice and yes it is a pity that part is gone from modern science.

Probably strangely flavored toys more than snacks. Can you imagine such an imp toy made with Olamide's volcanic Tass? Razz

Well now that they would like.

I don't know, I think the fairy tales, to call them that, would be a great start - some known and some less known stories that would be a greater guide to the flow of the language than what one might find in... dryer, more factual texts.

Perhaps but for that sort of language training I would start with a novel I already know and then read it once I had a basic grasp of the language to get that idea of the flow. Fairytales can be fun though.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top