Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:19 pm

With the window open, he tried to get a sense of the day - rain, or sun and took a deep breath of the fresh air. Stifling a yawn, he let the acrid smell disperse as much as he could and shut the window again. Chicago still existed. Chalk one for us, he thought.

Once done you went down to the cafeteria, it was rather full of exhausted mages. Mirri came over to you once you where down there and had found a table, she sat a plate of scrabbled eggs, bacon and potatoes before you as well as a large glass of freshly pressed fruit juice.
"Here young man, you look like you need a hearty meal." She said kindly. "Is there anything else that you need?"

The smell of bacon was so good that he found his mouth starting to water. Even if the rest of him was iffy on eating, his body was demanding some attention to care for it and his stomach rumbled like a rock inside an empty iron drum. "That smells good...," he said, giving her a tired smile. "I'll let you know if I need anything else, but this should do for a start," he said with a grin. He saw the others come in and raised a hand to them. Undella looked about to fall over. Well, if that elder could manage all she had and sit down for breakfast with her sodales, he could suck up his own exhaustion. "May I join you?" he asked. "I'm glad to see you back home safe."

// Lol, I'll try not to have to resort to fecal transplantation - they've been doing well, it's just a lot to take on and not enough time. Now it's
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:21 pm

"I don't like Technocrats Mentor they are all poop!"
Anna declared.
Colin grinned, "There's one or two tolerable individuals, I suppose... but they don't like magic as a whole, and their tendency to call us all Deviants does nothing to endear them to the rest of us."

"I like spirits they are fun to be with..."
Anna agreed then she raised an eyebrow.
"Are we moving to Horizon Mentor? Is it a nice place...you have a pet owl? They are adorable, are he magickal?"
She asked.
He nodded, "We will, at some point; a nice little house there, that I've seen when peeking into the future. It's a nice place. And no, I don't have a pet owl. He's more like a friend who'll come visiting. I think his father might object to my taking him as a pet - his father is a quite skilled Verbena shapeshifter, and if they object to something, it can get quite unpleasant."

"So soon...hum...there is always quite a bit of a fuss when a new Primus comes into power, but I have noticed Dr Spence looking more and more tired lately."
Philippa said and nodded.
"I would not be surprised if he where to step down."
He nodded, "I don't think there will be much of a fuss with Admiral Hastings' promotion - if I have the right measure of Dr. Spence and her, they'll have made arrangements for as smooth a transition as can be. By all accounts, the man seems quite organized and practical, after all, and she hardly seems a slouch in that regard, either."

"I have heard some whispers about that yes, a most troubling situation. So you think this attack is connected to the troubles we are seeing right now Mr Wainwright."
The old Verbena said and frowned.
He frowned, "I don't know... the only link to the present troubles I have seen any sign of is that some of the people involved today will be present then - yours truly included - but for all I know, it could be a band of drunk, angry Technocrat trainees with a hotwired shuttlecraft out to stir up trouble as likely as a carefully planned attack by a vindictive group of Nephandi trying to undertake a combined jailbreak and assassination attempt..."

"How on earth will you be able to establish to cordial tone with an ancient Nephandus bound to a polyp? Well I do hope your plan works Mr Wainwright for as you say we can not allow Lisa Larson to escape justice and being taken into the deep umbra by her Labyrinth against her will, that is not likely to kill her either."
He smiled wryly, "A little bit of insight into a book the two of us both hold in high regard - and apparently a pack of butter with a funny name. I will know how viable the plan is once I get back to Boston and raid a fridge... Actually, I don't know how old the Nephandus in question is - she could as easily be a mere thirty years old, and have been stuck in her job for less than half that time, for all I know."

"Well said, a somewhat disturbing mental image but well said."
Philippa said sounding amused.
"Can the Handler evict someone from her ship? Hum...yes you are probably right the Handler is likely to be a powerful mage and he or she will have the powers of the ship itself at their fingertips as well it is not likely someone you would want to pick a fight with."
He pondered, "It is not raw power that marks a Fallen as a viable candidate for the position of Handler, but some other trait - I have a strange hunch it might be a capacity for empathy that makes them ideal for the job, in fact; a brutish and sadistic individual who would try to bludgeon the ship into submission will probably have an impossible time of it compared to someone who'll use... gentler communications."

Philippa nodded.
"It is not a to common thing and it is a good deed you did Mr Wainwright, far to many treat Umbroods as nothing but tools. I hope this spirit can have a good life now, with his new life and his new purpose."
He smiled, "I will, of course, invite him over for a friendly chat from time to time, and offer him sheets of silver for writing down his stories, as a gift... He's a pleasant sort when he doesn't use his claws on people."

((OOC: No, not fecal transplantation. I was more thinking along the lines of rolling the manuals up and shoving... well, you probably get the idea. Razz In any case, hope it turns out well for everyone involved. ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:48 pm

Adley:

With the window open, he tried to get a sense of the day - rain, or sun and took a deep breath of the fresh air. Stifling a yawn, he let the acrid smell disperse as much as he could and shut the window again. Chicago still existed. Chalk one for us, he thought.

The weather was gray with thin streams of sunlight peaking out between rain heavy clouds just waiting to lighten their loads over the city, it was getting cold in the air reminding you that summer was over and autumn was well underway.

The smell of bacon was so good that he found his mouth starting to water. Even if the rest of him was iffy on eating, his body was demanding some attention to care for it and his stomach rumbled like a rock inside an empty iron drum. "That smells good...," he said, giving her a tired smile. "I'll let you know if I need anything else, but this should do for a start," he said with a grin.

Mirri smiles to you and nods.
"Let me know if you want any more Mr Roth Hicks I have made plenty."
She said in a friendly tone of voice then she left to let you eat in peace.

He saw the others come in and raised a hand to them. Undella looked about to fall over. Well, if that elder could manage all she had and sit down for breakfast with her sodales, he could suck up his own exhaustion. "May I join you?" he asked. "I'm glad to see you back home safe."

"Off course please do."
Crexia said and she pulled out a chair for you as Mirri came over with trays of food for everyone, well everyone but Crexia herself, perhaps liches did not eat.
"The Labyrinth is no more."
Udella said and she gave you a tired smile as she nodded in gratitude to Mirri and dug into her breakfast.
"We burned it out and collapsed the realm..."
She said. Crexia said down.
"As for the Caul her suffering is over and her Avatar is free..."
She said simply as she settled down. The rest of the party was mostly quiet as they focused on eating, they where clearly exhausted and had some shoot spots here and there but where fine.

Colin:

Colin grinned, "There's one or two tolerable individuals, I suppose... but they don't like magic as a whole, and their tendency to call us all Deviants does nothing to endear them to the rest of us."

"My Mentor always said that if I saw a Technocrat I should kick them in the groin as hard as I could and then run away, I am sure some of them is nice but I don't want a world without magick, it would be terrible if there where no more magick!"
Anna said and pouted.

He nodded, "We will, at some point; a nice little house there, that I've seen when peeking into the future. It's a nice place. And no, I don't have a pet owl. He's more like a friend who'll come visiting. I think his father might object to my taking him as a pet - his father is a quite skilled Verbena shapeshifter, and if they object to something, it can get quite unpleasant."

"I think I will enjoy living in a little house on Horizon, I assume it do not have dicks growing out of the walls? Or hearts or eyes or anything..."
Anna said and nodded.
"Gabriel says there are two suns both of them made with magick, and magickal, thinking jellyfish in the sea as well as unthinking magickal jellyfish in the Council chambers, they probably have an aquarium."
She said clearly missing Gabriel's joke.
"The owl sound cute. I have heard of such Verbena shapeshifters Mentor. Gabriel say that the problem with pissing of the Verbena is that if you kill one witch there is likely twelve other witches out there that now have marked you as they number one target for practicing curses on."

He nodded, "I don't think there will be much of a fuss with Admiral Hastings' promotion - if I have the right measure of Dr. Spence and her, they'll have made arrangements for as smooth a transition as can be. By all accounts, the man seems quite organized and practical, after all, and she hardly seems a slouch in that regard, either."

"They are both quite organized yes and she is his successor so I am quite sure they have some arrangements in place but there is always a shift in powers where the allies of the old Primus curry for favor of the new one and others see the chance to advance through the ranks, so while officially the transition might be smooth politically it is always a fuss."
Philippa said and sigh.

He frowned, "I don't know... the only link to the present troubles I have seen any sign of is that some of the people involved today will be present then - yours truly included - but for all I know, it could be a band of drunk, angry Technocrat trainees with a hotwired shuttlecraft out to stir up trouble as likely as a carefully planned attack by a vindictive group of Nephandi trying to undertake a combined jailbreak and assassination attempt..."

"I doubt a disorganized group of Technocrats could get through Horizon's defenses, the realm is heavily warded and protected by a fleet of fast, powerful short range ships in the shape of zeppelins, there is a reason why no one have ever been able to threaten Horizon it got strong defenses, if an attack happens it will be organized and there have to be enormous resources behind it."
Philippa said and frowned.

He smiled wryly, "A little bit of insight into a book the two of us both hold in high regard - and apparently a pack of butter with a funny name. I will know how viable the plan is once I get back to Boston and raid a fridge... Actually, I don't know how old the Nephandus in question is - she could as easily be a mere thirty years old, and have been stuck in her job for less than half that time, for all I know."

"Hum...what you are saying sounds most strange to me, but if you think the strategy might work then it is worth a try."
The old Verbena said then she nodded.
"I see, in either case with the ship at their fingertips the Handler will be a powerful foe regardless of how magickally adept they are in and of themselves."

He pondered, "It is not raw power that marks a Fallen as a viable candidate for the position of Handler, but some other trait - I have a strange hunch it might be a capacity for empathy that makes them ideal for the job, in fact; a brutish and sadistic individual who would try to bludgeon the ship into submission will probably have an impossible time of it compared to someone who'll use... gentler communications."

"Hum...interesting I have not heard about these Handlers before, then again no one have known much about the Nephandi Battle Cruisers other than to stay far away from them."
"Your guesses seam to be reasonable ones though Mr Wainwright."

He smiled, "I will, of course, invite him over for a friendly chat from time to time, and offer him sheets of silver for writing down his stories, as a gift... He's a pleasant sort when he doesn't use his claws on people."

"I am sure he will appreciate that young man...hum claws I take it the Nephandi used him as a weapon against their enemies then?"
The healer asked and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:41 pm

The prisoner looked up stark fear in his eyes.
"And Avatar shatters like a fine crystal glass and while there are shards left they can enver be put back together. Gilgul destroyes a mage's ability to work magick...forever..."
He said flatly.
"But this is not really what I want to talk about right now you know."
He muttered his eyes wide and he was clearly struggling to control his panic.

Serge looked at the man's fear, heard the panic in his voice. Taking a small gulp, Serge swallowed his guilt and continued with his questioning.

"Why not?" Serge said flatly. "After all that is why your here, isn't it? Picking up shards of a scattered avatar in a parking lot in the slums before Mr.Shark Sword and the gang caught you. Why would you do something like that? What use would the Nephandi have for something like that?"

"And before you say that you wouldn't rather answer let me just say that your trial is today. Or at least....it might be today. Depends on how you answer that question." Serge said mysteriously, as he reluctantly tried to use Siege's panic and fear to get some more answers.

((OOC: Rolling Manipulation+Subterfuge to try and convince Siege that if he answers the questions, his trial will be pushed back. Rolled: 3,4,8,8,3,7,9))

"Not with Nephandi...the law is rather strict there."
Siege said, Ryan hunched down beside the prisoner and held the cup of coffee for him, the Nephandus hesitated but took a sip.
"Thank you."
He muttered.

"See, you help us and we'll help you." Serge said nodding towards Ryan. "Small favors get returned with small favors. Large favors get returned with.....larger favors."

"It probably is not enough but I have little else to offer, I am a prisoner of the Traditions I will be put on trial and...that will be it. I have nothing else than a few words."
Siege said bitterly.

"You have plenty to offer. An explanation for your actions. Perhaps one final act of kindness for the Traditions, just to show that you appreciate the people who showed you what you truly were. Who showed you the truths of the world and opened your eyes while the majority had their eyes closed." Serge said.

"Nothing like that, once I truly loved her and knew I could never turn her in to the Traditions she told me what she was, then slowly over time we talked and she revealed what she believed in and eventually it started to make sense, only when I was ready to step into the Caul did she show me the Labyrinth."
Siege said and smiled a little.

"What did the labyrinth look like?" Serge asked trying to capitalize on Siege's fond memories. "Was it an actual underground cavern with a maze of tunnels? Or was it like a chantry, with a cool name but in the end is just an apartment."
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:08 pm

"Why not?" Serge said flatly. "After all that is why your here, isn't it? Picking up shards of a scattered avatar in a parking lot in the slums before Mr.Shark Sword and the gang caught you. Why would you do something like that? What use would the Nephandi have for something like that."

"And before you say that you wouldn't rather answer let me just say that your trial is today. Or at least....it might be today. Depends on how you answer that question." Serge said mysteriously, as he reluctantly tried to use Siege's panic and fear to get some more answers.

Siege gave you a hurt, fearful glare and sigh.
"That is quite doubtful kid, trials of such nature is done on Horizon and getting there takes a little time, also how I answer your questions will not affect the outcome or the timing of that trial one bit. Trials where Gilgul are the possible result are held before the Council of Nine they do not change their timetable over the result of an interrogation.You might have the power to affect how I am treated, how comfortable I am kept you might be able to grant small favors or torture me, but the time and outcome of my trial is a given. I will be sentenced to Gilgul and most likely death, though whatever death is a given or an option might be a variable, some will also be Branded before the Gilgul just to hurt and humiliate them more, but generally nothing will change that outcome and why should I cooperate when I have nothing to gain and doing so will only hurt my own. Now I will humor your questions but not about those shards and not about Gilgul. Imagine if it was your kid who where sitting here knowing that in a few days your magick, a piece of your very soul will be ripped out of you in the most excruciating pain imaginable and then be destroyed, would that be a topic you would be interested in discussing? I where collecting shards yes, it is an internal matter that is all I will say."
The prisoner said angrily as he looked right into your eyes with fear, anger and despair in his."

"See, you help us and we'll help you." Serge said nodding towards Ryan. "Small favors get returned with small favors. Large favors get returned with.....larger favors."

"Yes well I think I have lost my appetite..."
Siege said and shook his head at Ryan's offer of a bite of the sandwich.
"And there is nothing you can offer me that will make me willing to betray my own, not legally at least."

"You have plenty to offer. An explanation for your actions. Perhaps one final act of kindness for the Traditions, just to show that you appreciate the people who showed you what you truly were. Who showed you the truths of the world and opened your eyes while the majority had their eyes closed."

"If my old Mentor will talk will me I can offer an explanation for why I joined the Nephandi. I have nothing else to offer."
Siege said and looked away.
"I assume you are leading up to me giving you the information you want as a sort of penance, but here is the thing I am not sorry I joined the Nephandi I am where I want to be. I regret it causing my Mentor and my Cabal pain, I care about them, but that do not mean I will betray my faction. At least when they Gilgul me I will go down with a small satisfaction that I never betrayed my convictions and never gave the bastards doing that to me what they wanted."

"What did the labyrinth look like?" Serge asked trying to capitalize on Siege's fond memories. "Was it an actual underground cavern with a maze of tunnels? Or was it like a chantry, with a cool name but in the end is just an apartment."

"Not stone, flesh. It is an Umbral realm and the walls are alive and organs of all types of organs are growing out of them, the floors are made from bone, but the tunnels are maze like, that much is true it took some time to learn to find my way, it do have a cool name though but not for your ears Sarge. As for Chantries, they are so much more than an apartment, it is not the building that is important, it be a Traditionalist Chantry, a Technocracy Construct or our Labyrinths they are places where mages come together to work together, protect one another and learn from one another...though that do not always work out, that is the idea at least,how the building looks like is not important that is just the other shell of it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:31 pm

"My Mentor always said that if I saw a Technocrat I should kick them in the groin as hard as I could and then run away, I am sure some of them is nice but I don't want a world without magick, it would be terrible if there where no more magick!"
Anna said and pouted.
Colin nodded, "With all due respect to Gabriel - he was wrong about that piece of advice. If you see a Technocrat, run away. If the Technocrat sees you, kick them in the groin and run, so they can't follow. If they don't see you, it's easier for you to get away."

"I think I will enjoy living in a little house on Horizon, I assume it do not have dicks growing out of the walls? Or hearts or eyes or anything..."
Anna said and nodded.
"Gabriel says there are two suns both of them made with magick, and magickal, thinking jellyfish in the sea as well as unthinking magickal jellyfish in the Council chambers, they probably have an aquarium."
She said clearly missing Gabriel's joke.
"The owl sound cute. I have heard of such Verbena shapeshifters Mentor. Gabriel say that the problem with pissing of the Verbena is that if you kill one witch there is likely twelve other witches out there that now have marked you as they number one target for practicing curses on."
He nodded, "I do believe the only organic bits of the house will be wooden walls and flooring - nothing more vulgar than that, in any sense of the word."
He snickered softly, "More like a few... well-seated fishbowls than an aquarium, I suspect, but in prominent positions."
He cleared his throat, "Yes, never anger the Verbena needlessly; it's a quick way to find yourself on the receiving end of a floral arrangement. I brought over a rare rosebush when i moved here from England, and I should very much like not to find it in a hostile mood in the morning... or worse."

"They are both quite organized yes and she is his successor so I am quite sure they have some arrangements in place but there is always a shift in powers where the allies of the old Primus curry for favor of the new one and others see the chance to advance through the ranks, so while officially the transition might be smooth politically it is always a fuss."
Philippa said and sigh.
He nodded, "Well, there is that..."

"I doubt a disorganized group of Technocrats could get through Horizon's defenses, the realm is heavily warded and protected by a fleet of fast, powerful short range ships in the shape of zeppelins, there is a reason why no one have ever been able to threaten Horizon it got strong defenses, if an attack happens it will be organized and there have to be enormous resources behind it."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Obviously, as I've never had the opportunity to assess the defenses on my own, never having been away from Earth, you would know more about that than me. I do note, though, that the defenses' range is somewhat limited, as the zeppelins can't go too far out, and there are numerous examples of a small, fast vessel being able to sneak through a blockade undetected where a fleet of larger ships would be demolished in the attempt... But yes, I do agree, it's quite likely a carefully planned assault with at least some resources behind it, and probably a strong backer."

"Hum...what you are saying sounds most strange to me, but if you think the strategy might work then it is worth a try."
The old Verbena said then she nodded.
"I see, in either case with the ship at their fingertips the Handler will be a powerful foe regardless of how magickally adept they are in and of themselves."
He nodded, "I've seen the inside of another battlecruiser; in the future, I killed its Handler. She was... just a girl, scarcely even a teenager. And she was an old friend from her previous incarnation... that was how I could get so close..."

"Hum...interesting I have not heard about these Handlers before, then again no one have known much about the Nephandi Battle Cruisers other than to stay far away from them."
"Your guesses seam to be reasonable ones though Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "What little information I have about Handlers has been corroborated by Fallen I've questioned - more through slips of the tongue in surprise at my being well informed than outright volunteered information - so it seems solid enough. And no, they are not particularly pleasant things, inside or out."

"I am sure he will appreciate that young man...hum claws I take it the Nephandi used him as a weapon against their enemies then?"
The healer asked and frowned.
He nodded, "They destroyed his name, his purpose, and replaced his being with a depressed killing machine. He's happier now, and free."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:36 pm

Off course please do."
Crexia said and she pulled out a chair for you as Mirri came over with trays of food for everyone, well everyone but Crexia herself, perhaps liches did not eat.
"The Labyrinth is no more."
Udella said and she gave you a tired smile as she nodded in gratitude to Mirri and dug into her breakfast.
"We burned it out and collapsed the realm..."
She said. Crexia said down.
"As for the Caul her suffering is over and her Avatar is free..."
She said simply as she settled down. The rest of the party was mostly quiet as they focused on eating, they where clearly exhausted and had some shoot spots here and there but where fine.

He thanked Mirri as she went to leave to grab more food and sat down on the seat Crexia offered. Nodding as she explained what had happened, his fork paused over his plate. Sitting with them helped give a better feeling of closure to the ordeal but it wasn't quite over - there was still much to deal with, but not something he could do over breakfast. "Good, that Labyrinth will not harm anyone again; Chicago is safer for it being gone." He sighed, then began to eat as much as he could handle without making himself ill or succumb to food lethargy.

// lol let's hope that's not necessary either, our manual is quite a biggun xD
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:58 pm

I'll do if i can, yes. Be safe brother. Keep your toes standing.Tane closed to confused his friend, and cut the communications. In any case, Tane turned to the library to take out some books on law and nephandi and stuff.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:20 pm

Siege gave you a hurt, fearful glare and sigh.
"That is quite doubtful kid, trials of such nature is done on Horizon and getting there takes a little time, also how I answer your questions will not affect the outcome or the timing of that trial one bit. Trials where Gilgul are the possible result are held before the Council of Nine they do not change their timetable over the result of an interrogation.You might have the power to affect how I am treated, how comfortable I am kept you might be able to grant small favors or torture me, but the time and outcome of my trial is a given. I will be sentenced to Gilgul and most likely death, though whatever death is a given or an option might be a variable, some will also be Branded before the Gilgul just to hurt and humiliate them more, but generally nothing will change that outcome and why should I cooperate when I have nothing to gain and doing so will only hurt my own. Now I will humor your questions but not about those shards and not about Gilgul. Imagine if it was your kid who where sitting here knowing that in a few days your magick, a piece of your very soul will be ripped out of you in the most excruciating pain imaginable and then be destroyed, would that be a topic you would be interested in discussing? I where collecting shards yes, it is an internal matter that is all I will say."
The prisoner said angrily as he looked right into your eyes with fear, anger and despair in his."

Serge looked away from Siege's despair-filled eyes. "Sorry, perhaps I don't have a very clear understanding of what your going through..."

For a second Serge pondered the questions in his head. "And I guess I wouldn't be all that talkative if I was in your positions. Sitting here freaking out, wondering what went wrong. Running scenarios in my mind. Wondering what I did to be led up to this position? Wondering if it was worth it....."

"Yes well I think I have lost my appetite..."
Siege said and shook his head at Ryan's offer of a bite of the sandwich.
"And there is nothing you can offer me that will make me willing to betray my own, not legally at least."

"You betrayed your own once..." Serge said simply. "I'm sure you had similar thoughts thing when you were a part of your war chantry."

"If my old Mentor will talk will me I can offer an explanation for why I joined the Nephandi. I have nothing else to offer."
Siege said and looked away.
"I assume you are leading up to me giving you the information you want as a sort of penance, but here is the thing I am not sorry I joined the Nephandi I am where I want to be. I regret it causing my Mentor and my Cabal pain, I care about them, but that do not mean I will betray my faction. At least when they Gilgul me I will go down with a small satisfaction that I never betrayed my convictions and never gave the bastards doing that to me what they wanted."

Serge smiled and said, "And I thought I was being so slick and subtle as well. Like in one of those cop shows."

"Still it surprises me that you can say that you still care about them. I always thought the Nephandi would try and stomp out the past relationships of their members. To keep them focused on the present rather than let the weight of the past drag them down."

"Not stone, flesh. It is an Umbral realm and the walls are alive and organs of all types of organs are growing out of them, the floors are made from bone, but the tunnels are maze like, that much is true it took some time to learn to find my way, it do have a cool name though but not for your ears Sarge. As for Chantries, they are so much more than an apartment, it is not the building that is important, it be a Traditionalist Chantry, a Technocracy Construct or our Labyrinths they are places where mages come together to work together, protect one another and learn from one another...though that do not always work out, that is the idea at least,how the building looks like is not important that is just the other shell of it."

"Sounds.....pleasant." Serge said as he imagined the flesh-filled rooms and gagged a little. "Why flesh though? Is it for the fear factor? Help set the tone and the atmosphere. Or is it like a defense mechanism and the walls come to life and eat intruders?" Serge said smiling at the thought.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:05 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "With all due respect to Gabriel - he was wrong about that piece of advice. If you see a Technocrat, run away. If the Technocrat sees you, kick them in the groin and run, so they can't follow. If they don't see you, it's easier for you to get away."

Anna considered for a moment then she nodded.
"Yeah...you might actually be right about that, or just blend into the crowd, most do not expect to find a twelve year old mage at the ice cream store..."
She said and smiled innocently.

He nodded, "I do believe the only organic bits of the house will be wooden walls and flooring - nothing more vulgar than that, in any sense of the word."

"That will be nice actually, I never really liked the fleshy walls but please don't tell the others I said that."
Anna said and smiled wryly.

He snickered softly, "More like a few... well-seated fishbowls than an aquarium, I suspect, but in prominent positions."

The little girls looked rather confused.
"I do not understand Mentor..."

He cleared his throat, "Yes, never anger the Verbena needlessly; it's a quick way to find yourself on the receiving end of a floral arrangement. I brought over a rare rosebush when i moved here from England, and I should very much like not to find it in a hostile mood in the morning... or worse."

Your new apprentice giggled at that.
"Yeah it is best to stay on the Verbena's good side, they are interesting though they make magick with blood."

He nodded, "Well, there is that..."

"Well politics will be politics."
Philippa muttered and sigh.
"It is what it is."

He nodded thoughtfully, "Obviously, as I've never had the opportunity to assess the defenses on my own, never having been away from Earth, you would know more about that than me. I do note, though, that the defenses' range is somewhat limited, as the zeppelins can't go too far out, and there are numerous examples of a small, fast vessel being able to sneak through a blockade undetected where a fleet of larger ships would be demolished in the attempt... But yes, I do agree, it's quite likely a carefully planned assault with at least some resources behind it, and probably a strong backer."

"There are wards, protective spirits and not to mention the speed of the zeppelins themselves to deal with single ships and fast moving vessels. It it not likely a simple daredevil crew on a small ship would make it, the defenses are made to deal with that."
"So the attack is likely well coordinated and that do worry me."

He nodded, "I've seen the inside of another battlecruiser; in the future, I killed its Handler. She was... just a girl, scarcely even a teenager. And she was an old friend from her previous incarnation... that was how I could get so close..."

"That sounds quite tragic."
The old Verbena muttered.
"I see well I trust that your strategy is a good shot at distracting the Handler in Lisa Larson's Labyrinth then."

He nodded, "What little information I have about Handlers has been corroborated by Fallen I've questioned - more through slips of the tongue in surprise at my being well informed than outright volunteered information - so it seems solid enough. And no, they are not particularly pleasant things, inside or out."

"What concerns me Mr Wainwright is that when you go around and share the information from your future vision that you know of a weakness as it is with the Battle Cruisers, it only takes one traitor to get that information to the Nephandi and the weakness will be better protected or eliminated."
Philippa said and she frowned.
"You should probably be very selective about who you discuss this with if it is not already to late."

He nodded, "They destroyed his name, his purpose, and replaced his being with a depressed killing machine. He's happier now, and free."

"That is very good to hear."

Adley:

He thanked Mirri as she went to leave to grab more food and sat down on the seat Crexia offered. Nodding as she explained what had happened, his fork paused over his plate. Sitting with them helped give a better feeling of closure to the ordeal but it wasn't quite over - there was still much to deal with, but not something he could do over breakfast.

Mirri smiles to you as she leaves. Crexia looked at you, she looked quite concerned but said nothing as she let you digest what had been said.

"Good, that Labyrinth will not harm anyone again; Chicago is safer for it being gone." He sighed, then began to eat as much as he could handle without making himself ill or succumb to food lethargy.

"No, it will not harm anyone, we burned it out and then collapsed the realm, all traces of it, other than the Nodes themselves and bad memories are gone."
Udella said then she looked up from her food.
"I was told by Mr Wainwright that you might want to join him in the time bubble I have promised to make for an experiment he wish to run, I am sorry for changing the topic I just wanted to know if you would be joining us Sodalis and if so when would be a good time for you?"
The old Enforcer asked.

Serge:

Serge looked away from Siege's despair-filled eyes. "Sorry, perhaps I don't have a very clear understanding of what your going through..."

"It is probably a good thing that you don't, it is not a topic most want to consider, or imagine."
The prisoner said he was still shivering and he looked up at the roof and balled his hands into fists.
"But it makes me less willing to discuss...anything related to...that..."

For a second Serge pondered the questions in his head. "And I guess I wouldn't be all that talkative if I was in your positions. Sitting here freaking out, wondering what went wrong. Running scenarios in my mind. Wondering what I did to be led up to this position? Wondering if it was worth it....."

"Well I know what went wrong I lost a fight...I always knew it might happen one day I just hoped it would not but when...she...decided to break from our normal pattern and be more aggressive in her approach the chance of being taken by the Traditions increased...as for if it was worth it...yes the goal is worth it but it is still not a price it is...easy to pay."
He muttered fearfully forcing back tears to try to keep his dignity.

"You betrayed your own once..." Serge said simply.

"Yes...I did..."

"I'm sure you had similar thoughts thing when you were a part of your war chantry."

"I did, then again I never betrayed my Chantry and my Cabal, I betrayed the Traditions but I have never told the Nephandi anything about my Chantry or my Cabal that could be used against them, not that it matters much I guess, I have still become an enemy but at least there is that."

Serge smiled and said, "And I thought I was being so slick and subtle as well. Like in one of those cop shows."

Siege gave a wry smile.
"Well the characters in those cop shows are not so slick or subtle either after all the audience are supposed to keep up with what they are doing."

"Still it surprises me that you can say that you still care about them. I always thought the Nephandi would try and stomp out the past relationships of their members. To keep them focused on the present rather than let the weight of the past drag them down."

"Why would they? The more pain you feel at your loved ones that are now your enemies the more you want reality to end, and besides such relationships could be exploited to try to bring others to the Nephandi, not that I would do that. But no the Fallen is not without feelings but what we feel is often...different than before."
He said and sigh.

"Sounds.....pleasant." Serge said as he imagined the flesh-filled rooms and gagged a little. "Why flesh though? Is it for the fear factor? Help set the tone and the atmosphere. Or is it like a defense mechanism and the walls come to life and eat intruders?" Serge said smiling at the thought.

"Well the walls do bite...there was this guy in Chicago that decided on a lonely night to ehm...pleasure himself with the walls, they found him the next morning quite dead...however actually why we have living walls I don't know, seams a bit impractical to me, but that is the way it is."
The prisoner said.
"I guess you will have to ask someone higher up than me why living organ walls is a thing."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:11 pm

Tane:

I'll do if i can, yes. Be safe brother. Keep your toes standing.Tane closed to confused his friend, and cut the communications.

"Good, I will talk with you soon then."
Coawa said before you hung up on the call.

In any case, Tane turned to the library to take out some books on law and nephandi and stuff.

You found one book called The Dangers of Infernalism by a Master Maximilian Gray Hermes bani Guernicus and Theories on the Fallen by Lucy Ann Davis bani Celestial Chorus. The Protocols and Legal Precedences by Lady Nightshade of the Verbena and Cross Tradition Legal Precedents by Maximilian Gray Hermes bani Guernicus and Veronica Toppis Seer of Chronos Enforcer.

(OOC: Apparently Tane have a new nickname Mr Shark Sword. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:58 pm

"That will be nice actually, I never really liked the fleshy walls but please don't tell the others I said that."
Anna said and smiled wryly.
Colin grimaced, "Well, I hear Violator of Rats was a little too fond of them, and then he suddenly changed his mind... I think your dark secret will be safe."

The little girls looked rather confused.
"I do not understand Mentor..."
He grinned, "You will, I think, very soon - but don't point it out when you do. Those jellyfish might take offense."

"There are wards, protective spirits and not to mention the speed of the zeppelins themselves to deal with single ships and fast moving vessels. It it not likely a simple daredevil crew on a small ship would make it, the defenses are made to deal with that."
"So the attack is likely well coordinated and that do worry me."
He nodded thoughtfully, "It occurs to me that whoever they are could have hijacked a vessel with legitimate business on Horizon - valid access codes, proper authentication, that sort of thing, to sneak close. An expected commercial vessel suddenly changing course and plowing through Concordia instead of landing at the Umbra Port... rather like the Twin Towers attacks..."

"That sounds quite tragic."
The old Verbena muttered.
"I see well I trust that your strategy is a good shot at distracting the Handler in Lisa Larson's Labyrinth then."
He nodded, "She is a dear friend now, and more... if she lives, that will likely change that future timeline; perhaps ensure the attack never comes for want of a Handler for the polyp in question... or the attack comes, and I won't be able to defeat the Handler like I remember. If she dies when I remember she will, then that attack will seem utterly inevitable, but we can turn the tide against the Fallen before they reach Horizon... It's a rotten moral decision, and I can't be the one to make it..."

"What concerns me Mr Wainwright is that when you go around and share the information from your future vision that you know of a weakness as it is with the Battle Cruisers, it only takes one traitor to get that information to the Nephandi and the weakness will be better protected or eliminated."
Philippa said and she frowned.
"You should probably be very selective about who you discuss this with if it is not already to late."
He nodded, "I'll make sure the recorded version for distribution will be further redacted... I don't think I've actually shared the details of the weak spot itself with many people, though... Knowing that there is a weak spot doesn't necessarily help if they don't know where it is..."

He bowed to Philippa once more, and made his way upstairs to the computer room again to fetch his phone.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:19 am

"Well I know what went wrong I lost a fight...I always knew it might happen one day I just hoped it would not but when...she...decided to break from our normal pattern and be more aggressive in her approach the chance of being taken by the Traditions increased...as for if it was worth it...yes the goal is worth it but it is still not a price it is...easy to pay."
He muttered fearfully forcing back tears to try to keep his dignity.

"She....?" Serge said in a voice of curiosity. "Is it that companion you mentioned? The one who did not survive? Or someone else?" Serge asked in a low voice, trying not to upset Siege further.

"Why would they? The more pain you feel at your loved ones that are now your enemies the more you want reality to end, and besides such relationships could be exploited to try to bring others to the Nephandi, not that I would do that. But no the Fallen is not without feelings but what we feel is often...different than before."
He said and sigh.

"You make a good point." Serge agreed. "But couldn't such relationships be used to bring people back from the Nephandi? It's kind of like a double-edged sword."

"Well the walls do bite...there was this guy in Chicago that decided on a lonely night to ehm...pleasure himself with the walls, they found him the next morning quite dead...however actually why we have living walls I don't know, seams a bit impractical to me, but that is the way it is."
The prisoner said.
"I guess you will have to ask someone higher up than me why living organ walls is a thing."

"Wow I...really did not need to hear that." Serge said shaking his head slightly to get rid of the mental image. "Damn now I'm scared to ask what other weird things you have in those labyrinths. Like is their freaky tentacles sprouting out from all over the place. Do the walls like...grow back if you damage them? Actually that would be a pretty cool reason to have flesh walls."

((OOC: Wow I didn't realize that Tane was the shaman with the Shark Sword Smile.))
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:04 am

Udella said then she looked up from her food. "I was told by Mr Wainwright that you might want to join him in the time bubble I have promised to make for an experiment he wish to run, I am sorry for changing the topic I just wanted to know if you would be joining us Sodalis and if so when would be a good time for you?"

Adley drank down some of the juice and then said, "I'm not sure what experiment this is, if this isn't a good place to talk about it then no need to tell me now, but if he wants me to be there I will try to do so, yes. There are a few things I'd like to take care of but they will likely have to wait until after our other issues are dealt with anyway. Until we are able to rest and then go back home, and unless I am given new orders or something comes up we need to deal with, then anytime after I eat will do." He added with a wry smile, "You'll understand any experiment that involves sleep for us peaks my interest doubly."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:56 am

Colin:

Colin grimaced, "Well, I hear Violator of Rats was a little too fond of them, and then he suddenly changed his mind... I think your dark secret will be safe."

"He was and we found him dead in the morning, it is always a shame to loose a mage but he really was an idiot."
Anna muttered grimly.
"However flesh walls makes it sp much harder to put up book cases and hand drawings on the wall."
She complained.

He grinned, "You will, I think, very soon - but don't point it out when you do. Those jellyfish might take offense."

"Jellyfish have touchy feelings Mentor?"
Anna said and cocked her head to the side confused.

He nodded thoughtfully, "It occurs to me that whoever they are could have hijacked a vessel with legitimate business on Horizon - valid access codes, proper authentication, that sort of thing, to sneak close. An expected commercial vessel suddenly changing course and plowing through Concordia instead of landing at the Umbra Port... rather like the Twin Towers attacks..."

Philippa considered for a moment then she nodded.
"Hum...you are right Mr Wainwright such an attack might actually work."
She said and frowned.
"Perhaps I should mention the danger of that to the Council of Nine."

He nodded, "She is a dear friend now, and more... if she lives, that will likely change that future timeline; perhaps ensure the attack never comes for want of a Handler for the polyp in question... or the attack comes, and I won't be able to defeat the Handler like I remember. If she dies when I remember she will, then that attack will seem utterly inevitable, but we can turn the tide against the Fallen before they reach Horizon... It's a rotten moral decision, and I can't be the one to make it..."

"I will assume this person is Miss Alexander just out of a process of elimination you can not have that many close Fallen friends Mr Wainwright...I hope. Hum...this is the second attack on Horizon you are speaking about right, that you have seen in your vision? I can see your dilemma but I still think you should warn your friend, the future can always be changed, fate is never set in stone so if something might lead to her death she should be warned about it and the attack can be dealt with later."
Philippa said softly.

He nodded, "I'll make sure the recorded version for distribution will be further redacted... I don't think I've actually shared the details of the weak spot itself with many people, though... Knowing that there is a weak spot doesn't necessarily help if they don't know where it is..."

True enough...but yes keeping that a bit of a secret at least for any version given out to the public might be wise."

He bowed to Philippa once more, and made his way upstairs to the computer room again to fetch his phone.

Philippa returned your bow politely as you left. You got up to the computer room. Hans where sitting there studying a screen with a plate of scrambled egg, toast and bacon in his hand and fresh coffee on the table. The young woman you had seen yesterday who clearly had some mental disability where cleaning up dirty coffee mugs from the tables, she gave you a smile as bight as the sun when she saw you.
"I am helping."
She announced and showed you the coffee mugs on the tray. Hans smiles to the young woman.
"Yes you are Bella now go and get yourself some breakfast."
He said and the young woman smiled happily. Hans turned to you.
"I assume you are here for your phone Mr Wainwright."
He said and handed it to you.
"Did your emergency as you delivered it to me end well?"

Serge:

"She....?" Serge said in a voice of curiosity. "Is it that companion you mentioned? The one who did not survive? Or someone else?" Serge asked in a low voice, trying not to upset Siege further.

"No I was referring to our leader, I assume you have some experience with the leadership doing things you do not necessarily agree with."
Siege said he was still rather upset and was looking at the roof.
"No my dead friend he...where about on the same rank as me in the pecking order, a good guy...well by Nephandi standards, at least he was not captured, and he did some damage on that wer-whatever-it-was creature before he went down."

"You make a good point." Serge agreed. "But couldn't such relationships be used to bring people back from the Nephandi? It's kind of like a double-edged sword."

"There is no coming back Siege, it is not a club you join...the Caul..."
The man was silent for a while then he continued.
"It tear you apart, your body, your mind and your Avatar, the process takes a thousand years and yet go by in five minutes or so, a thousand years of nothing but agony, indescribable torture, and then you are put back together again, inverted and you have a second Awakening when you see the glory of non existence, and if you survive all that reasonably sane you are a Nephandus, you can never return."
He said and he went very quiet for a while and shivered.
"It is not a...fond memory."
He muttered.
"So you see while some like might might refuse to betray our old Chantries and might refuse to attack them, going back do not happen and especially not since the Traditions Gilgul every one of us they can capture alive."
He added bitterly.
"Like me."

"Wow I...really did not need to hear that." Serge said shaking his head slightly to get rid of the mental image. "Damn now I'm scared to ask what other weird things you have in those labyrinths. Like is their freaky tentacles sprouting out from all over the place. Do the walls like...grow back if you damage them? Actually that would be a pretty cool reason to have flesh walls."

"It might not be the most plesant mental image ever."
Siege agreed some of his humor returning.
"As for your other questions yes there are tentacles everywhere and they might attack, to put it this way it is not a place for Japanese schoolgirls to go...one of the Prelati are Japanese we like to tease her about that, it is a long time since she was a school girl though."
He said and grinned.
"Yes the walls are flesh so they do regenerate and can be healed. Then again normal walls can be rebuilt you know and they might not protest when you put up a bookcase."

(OOC: He is and he was just on the phone with the wershark. Razz )

Adley:

Adley drank down some of the juice and then said, "I'm not sure what experiment this is, if this isn't a good place to talk about it then no need to tell me now, but if he wants me to be there I will try to do so, yes.

"I doubt talking about it will be an issue as he will publish the findings anyway. Your Cabalmate have found out something disturbing about the green serum we have stolen from the Union that dampens magick, he plans to take it, spend twenty four hours in a time bubble both to catch up on sleep and I think he wanted to discuss some matters with you, and then let himself be examined to get proof of what he have seen in his vision."
Udella said and frowned. Crexia did not seam to pleased about what was being said.
"I don't like it I would rather have a prisoner already on the serum sent for examination but it is the young Orphan's own choice."
She said darkly.

There are a few things I'd like to take care of but they will likely have to wait until after our other issues are dealt with anyway. Until we are able to rest and then go back home, and unless I am given new orders or something comes up we need to deal with, then anytime after I eat will do." He added with a wry smile, "You'll understand any experiment that involves sleep for us peaks my interest doubly."

"I will be wrapping about 24 hours into thirty minutes so it should not in real time be to long before you can go home. I will go and find Mr Wainwright after we have eaten and ask him when he want me to set this up for him...and yes sleep do sound divine right now."
Udella said with a wry smile.
"Just divine."
Crexia sigh.
"You should probably get some rest Sodalis and I will create the time bubble. I am mentally wary but I do not need sleep."
The old Tytalus offered.
"You do."
Udella nodded at that.
"Very well Sodalis...thank you."
She muttered in a tired tone of voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:35 am

"He was and we found him dead in the morning, it is always a shame to loose a mage but he really was an idiot."
Anna muttered grimly.
"However flesh walls makes it sp much harder to put up book cases and hand drawings on the wall."
She complained.
Colin nodded, "I suppose it might be possible to tattoo a nice, decorative pattern on the wall, though... but with so uneven a surface, that presents its own set of difficulties."

"Jellyfish have touchy feelings Mentor?"
Anna said and cocked her head to the side confused.
He nodded sagely, "These ones do, I hear tell. Best not speak of this too loudly."

Philippa considered for a moment then she nodded.
"Hum...you are right Mr Wainwright such an attack might actually work."
She said and frowned.
"Perhaps I should mention the danger of that to the Council of Nine."
He nodded, "Sailing under a false flag, as it were - hardly a new tactic, but it's one that often works..."

"I will assume this person is Miss Alexander just out of a process of elimination you can not have that many close Fallen friends Mr Wainwright...I hope. Hum...this is the second attack on Horizon you are speaking about right, that you have seen in your vision? I can see your dilemma but I still think you should warn your friend, the future can always be changed, fate is never set in stone so if something might lead to her death she should be warned about it and the attack can be dealt with later."
Philippa said softly.
He smiled thinly, "Oh, I will warn her, once she is back on her feet... There's a few months to spare before, well... It will be her decision whether she'll stay safe away from the attack in which she dies, or stays and fights to defend the Chantry... In any case, I know the date - that at least gives us an edge in preparing the defense."

True enough...but yes keeping that a bit of a secret at least for any version given out to the public might be wise."
He nodded, "Fortunately, there is more than a single weakness - but no further details right now."

Philippa returned your bow politely as you left. You got up to the computer room. Hans where sitting there studying a screen with a plate of scrambled egg, toast and bacon in his hand and fresh coffee on the table. The young woman you had seen yesterday who clearly had some mental disability where cleaning up dirty coffee mugs from the tables, she gave you a smile as bight as the sun when she saw you.
"I am helping."
She announced and showed you the coffee mugs on the tray. Hans smiles to the young woman.
"Yes you are Bella now go and get yourself some breakfast."
He said and the young woman smiled happily. Hans turned to you.
"I assume you are here for your phone Mr Wainwright."
He said and handed it to you.
"Did your emergency as you delivered it to me end well?"
He smiled back to Bella, "And everyone appreciates it, I'm certain."
He nodded to Hans, then frowned, "Thank you. It ended... well enough. My apprentice did go into cardiac arrest when her panic subsided, but Mrs. Knox was able to save her; luckily she'd come along to lend a hand. Nurse Bosh, though... had I been less restrained and more impulsive, there might have been bloodshed over the whole damnable affair..."
He pinched the bridge of his nose, "It's been a long day already, and I hope Lady Crexia and the others finish collapsing the Labyrinth soon, so we can take a rest in a time bubble before I return to Boston to do battle there..."
He sighed, "Well, one headache at a time... I trust the requested duplication of information went smoothly?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:06 am

"No I was referring to our leader, I assume you have some experience with the leadership doing things you do not necessarily agree with."
Siege said he was still rather upset and was looking at the roof.

"Not yet." Serge said simply. "But I feel like I'll get to experience that soon."

Remembering what the security chief wanted, Serge pressed forwards, trying to get Siege to talk more about his leader. "Do disagreements typically happen between you and this leader? It sounded like her change of plan was a surprise to you."

"There is no coming back Siege, it is not a club you join...the Caul..."
The man was silent for a while then he continued.
"It tear you apart, your body, your mind and your Avatar, the process takes a thousand years and yet go by in five minutes or so, a thousand years of nothing but agony, indescribable torture, and then you are put back together again, inverted and you have a second Awakening when you see the glory of non existence, and if you survive all that reasonably sane you are a Nephandus, you can never return."
He said and he went very quiet for a while and shivered.
"It is not a...fond memory."
He muttered.
"So you see while some like might might refuse to betray our old Chantries and might refuse to attack them, going back do not happen and especially not since the Traditions Gilgul every one of us they can capture alive."
He added bitterly.
"Like me."

"All right, all right I get it." Serge said. "Everything is so extreme in the awakened world. I mean I know why it has to be this way but damn. Like holy shit! Flesh walls, mind prisons, Gilgul, and who know's what else. We're slowly starting to progress into the horror genre with this little movie of ours."

"It might not be the most plesant mental image ever."
Siege agreed some of his humor returning.
"As for your other questions yes there are tentacles everywhere and they might attack, to put it this way it is not a place for Japanese schoolgirls to go...one of the Prelati are Japanese we like to tease her about that, it is a long time since she was a school girl though."
He said and grinned.
"Yes the walls are flesh so they do regenerate and can be healed. Then again normal walls can be rebuilt you know and they might not protest when you put up a bookcase."

".....T-t-t-that was supposed to be sarcastic." Serge stammered, upon realizing that the walls did indeed have flesh tentacles. "But while we're playing this weird game. I don't suppose the fleshy labyrinths have a mind of their own? Do they like talk to you....or do they just kill you when they don't like you."

((OOC: Everyone has such cool friends Razz.))
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:18 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "I suppose it might be possible to tattoo a nice, decorative pattern on the wall, though... but with so uneven a surface, that presents its own set of difficulties."

"I don't think Cotta would like that much."
Anna said then she frowned sadly.
"Though I guess what Cotta likes or don't like don't matter much anymore."
She said and looked down.

He nodded sagely, "These ones do, I hear tell. Best not speak of this too loudly."

"I guess you are right Mentor it is best not to hurt the jellyfish's feelings...strange I always thought jellyfish did not have any brains."
Anna said she looked quite confused.

He nodded, "Sailing under a false flag, as it were - hardly a new tactic, but it's one that often works..."

Philippa looked concerned and nodded at that.
"I guess we are going to have to be ready for it Mr Wainwright."

He smiled thinly, "Oh, I will warn her, once she is back on her feet... There's a few months to spare before, well... It will be her decision whether she'll stay safe away from the attack in which she dies, or stays and fights to defend the Chantry... In any case, I know the date - that at least gives us an edge in preparing the defense."

"I suspect she will fight, she is my older brother's student after all. However that do not mean things can not be done to help protect her and better her chance of survival during the fight."
The old Verbena said softly.

He nodded, "Fortunately, there is more than a single weakness - but no further details right now."

"I agree no more details right now young man, not out in the open like this."
Philippa said and shook her head.

He smiled back to Bella, "And everyone appreciates it, I'm certain."

The young woman smiled and nodded as she took her tray of mugs and left the computer room.

He nodded to Hans, then frowned, "Thank you. It ended... well enough. My apprentice did go into cardiac arrest when her panic subsided, but Mrs. Knox was able to save her; luckily she'd come along to lend a hand. Nurse Bosh, though... had I been less restrained and more impulsive, there might have been bloodshed over the whole damnable affair..."

Hans frowned.
"Nurse Bosh is skilled, but I have had some run ins with her and her idea of how children should be treated when Joe was little, he was always a very sensitive child and needed a bit of time and understanding something the good woman have little of. I would not recommend taking children to her, even some of the adults who are a little nervous around medical personnel have been...well the situation can be a little unfortunate. I am glad your new apprentice is alright though."

He pinched the bridge of his nose, "It's been a long day already, and I hope Lady Crexia and the others finish collapsing the Labyrinth soon, so we can take a rest in a time bubble before I return to Boston to do battle there..."

"They just came back a few moments ago and they are in the cafeteria I think. A time bubble yes that might be a good idea as for Boston that situation do worry me..."
Hans said and frowned.

He sighed, "Well, one headache at a time... I trust the requested duplication of information went smoothly?"

"That it did, I sent it to everyone on your list save Mr Roth Hicks I do not have his number so I asked the Chief to send it over to him."

Serge:

"Not yet." Serge said simply. "But I feel like I'll get to experience that soon."

"Ah you are in for a treat then."
The prisoner said wryly.

Remembering what the security chief wanted, Serge pressed forwards, trying to get Siege to talk more about his leader. "Do disagreements typically happen between you and this leader? It sounded like her change in plan was a surprise to you."

"I do not always agree with her no. I value my continued existence so I do not voice those disagreements but yes she have done a few things lately that I do not exactly agree with."
Siege said and shook his head and frowned.

"All right, all right I get it." Serge said. "Everything is so extreme in the awakened world. I mean I know why it has to be this way but damn. Like holy shit! Flesh walls, mind prisons, Gilgul, and who know's what else. We're slowly starting to progress into the horror genre with this little movie of ours."

"I think we have been in the horror genre for a long time, but yes for good our bad our lives tend to be more than that of sleepers, this have it's costs but yes there is just more there."
The prisoner muttered.

".....T-t-t-that was supposed to be sarcastic." Serge stammered, upon realizing that the walls did indeed have flesh tentacles. "But while we're playing this weird game. I don't suppose the fleshy labyrinths have a mind of their own? Do they like talk to you....or do they just kill you when they don't like you."

Siege grinned a bit.
"The walls do have a mind of sort and they short of need to do that to be able to decide that they don't like you, but they do not exactly think like you and I do."
He said.
"You need to know the areas to avoid other than that you should be fine."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:03 am

"I do not always agree with her no. I value my continued existence so I do not voice those disagreements but yes she have done a few things lately that I do not exactly agree with."
Siege said and shook his head and frowned.

"Do you like your leader?" Serge asked. "I mean look at where her plan got you. I mean, she probably knew the danger she was putting you in but still changed her plan anyways. Doesn't sound like she values your continued existence."

Siege grinned a bit.
"The walls do have a mind of sort and they short of need to do that to be able to decide that they don't like you, but they do not exactly think like you and I do."
He said.
"You need to know the areas to avoid other than that you should be fine."

"Well that's going to be quite hard isn't it, considering the fact that its a maze. And who knows how many weird magical shenanigans there are. I wouldn't be surprised if the walls reorganized themselves just to confuse the heck out of you. Changing the layout of the maze and that kind of annoying stuff." Serge wondered as he imagined the frustration of maze that constantly rearranged itself.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:09 am

"I guess you are right Mentor it is best not to hurt the jellyfish's feelings...strange I always thought jellyfish did not have any brains."
Anna said she looked quite confused.
Colin chuckled, "You'll understand when you see the nine of them, I think..."

"I suspect she will fight, she is my older brother's student after all. However that do not mean things can not be done to help protect her and better her chance of survival during the fight."
The old Verbena said softly.
He smiled, "She's a stubborn, protective little bear. We'll all do our best to keep her out of harm's way, even if she chooses to fight."

Hans frowned.
"Nurse Bosh is skilled, but I have had some run ins with her and her idea of how children should be treated when Joe was little, he was always a very sensitive child and needed a bit of time and understanding something the good woman have little of. I would not recommend taking children to her, even some of the adults who are a little nervous around medical personnel have been...well the situation can be a little unfortunate. I am glad your new apprentice is alright though."
He sighed, "Alright might be a little strong... Anna is still Fallen, and still has pattern damage in her heart and lungs... but she's alive, and Mrs. Knox gave me a convenient alarm, should something go wrong while I am away."

"They just came back a few moments ago and they are in the cafeteria I think. A time bubble yes that might be a good idea as for Boston that situation do worry me..."
Hans said and frowned.
He nodded, "Larson's Labyrinth is a polyp, complete with Handler, and Larson has sold off all the widderslaintes Abigail sent her... and God knows how many others. So they're back, good... I'll have to check a couple more things, then I can go see them, and perhaps finally get that cup of tea..."

"That it did, I sent it to everyone on your list save Mr Roth Hicks I do not have his number so I asked the Chief to send it over to him."
He arched an eyebrow, "You didn't look him up in my contacts? I'm almost surprised."
He shook his head, "No matter; going by way of Chief Joakim is about as efficient... If you'll excuse me, though, I need to ask something unpleasant of Deaconess Rose... I need to confirm or debunk a very worrying theory of mine..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:21 pm

Serge:

"Do you like your leader?" Serge asked. "I mean look at where her plan got you. I mean, she probably knew the danger she was putting you in but still changed her plan anyways. Doesn't sound like she values your continued existence."

"She is the Gilledian, the Lady of the Labyrinth I would be very much surprised if she cares one bit what happens to me and to answer your question no, I don't like her, I do not have to...however with her current actions...let us just say I am concerned..."
Siege said and frowned.
"She is pissing of other Labyrinths left and right and that is never good, and what she did with...well never mind that..."
He muttered and stopped talking.

"Well that's going to be quite hard isn't it, considering the fact that its a maze. And who knows how many weird magical shenanigans there are. I wouldn't be surprised if the walls reorganized themselves just to confuse the heck out of you. Changing the layout of the maze and that kind of annoying stuff." Serge wondered as he imagined the frustration of maze that constantly rearranged itself.

"The rooms and walls do reshape itself...you like TV shows do you not, have you seen the show Farscape, think the ship there Moya was it not? The Labyrinth reshape itself but not very quickly."
He said and sigh.
"But yeah maps are only valid for so long."

Colin:

Colin chuckled, "You'll understand when you see the nine of them, I think..."

"Oh...ohhh...I feel sort of stupid now...off course my Mentor mean them...yeah their egos is probably not something one would want to step on."
Anna said wryly as she finally got it.

He smiled, "She's a stubborn, protective little bear. We'll all do our best to keep her out of harm's way, even if she chooses to fight."

"Off course she is, she is of my Mentor's linage and she was one of those who survived the war with Houses Tremere and Flambeau."
Philippa said and smiled proudly.
"I do hope she survives, if you know when the attack will happen Mr Wainwright I might talk the Deacon Council into sending reinforcements from Morningstar to assist Steelhaven at the day in question."
The old Verbena offered.

He sighed, "Alright might be a little strong... Anna is still Fallen, and still has pattern damage in her heart and lungs... but she's alive, and Mrs. Knox gave me a convenient alarm, should something go wrong while I am away."

"Ah poor little darling, I hope she will get better."
Hans said and frowned.
"Mrs Knox is a very skilled healer, I am sure her alarm will help, but as I said I would keep the child away from Miss Bosh."
The Virtual Adept advices.

He nodded, "Larson's Labyrinth is a polyp, complete with Handler, and Larson has sold off all the widderslaintes Abigail sent her... and God knows how many others. So they're back, good... I'll have to check a couple more things, then I can go see them, and perhaps finally get that cup of tea..."

"It sounds like Lisa Larson is about as dangerous to her own as she is to us...she do not sound quite sane but that ritual of hers worry me...and you say her Labyrinth is a ship? Now that is quite something."
Hans muttered.
"Well do not let me keep you from your tasks Mr Wainwright I have a few things to do myself and then I plan on getting a few hours of sleep."

He arched an eyebrow, "You didn't look him up in my contacts? I'm almost surprised."
He shook his head, "No matter; going by way of Chief Joakim is about as efficient...

"I did not feel it was appropriate to go into your contacts without permission."

If you'll excuse me, though, I need to ask something unpleasant of Deaconess Rose... I need to confirm or debunk a very worrying theory of mine..."

"I see, well don't let me keep you but please don't hurt Madeline, she is a member of my Cabal you know and under her Victorian harshness she is a kind lady."
Hans said and he scowled at you just a little.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:41 pm

"Off course she is, she is of my Mentor's linage and she was one of those who survived the war with Houses Tremere and Flambeau."
Philippa said and smiled proudly.
"I do hope she survives, if you know when the attack will happen Mr Wainwright I might talk the Deacon Council into sending reinforcements from Morningstar to assist Steelhaven at the day in question."
The old Verbena offered.
He nodded, "More than that, she was Dylan's sister, back... then."
He smiled, "I think we'd appreciate that - but as a formality, best run it via our respective Deacon Councils, shall we?"

"Ah poor little darling, I hope she will get better."
Hans said and frowned.
"Mrs Knox is a very skilled healer, I am sure her alarm will help, but as I said I would keep the child away from Miss Bosh."
The Virtual Adept advices.
He snorted, "Miss Bosh needs a warning label, to keep away from children, and not the other way around..."

"It sounds like Lisa Larson is about as dangerous to her own as she is to us...she do not sound quite sane but that ritual of hers worry me...and you say her Labyrinth is a ship? Now that is quite something."
Hans muttered.
"Well do not let me keep you from your tasks Mr Wainwright I have a few things to do myself and then I plan on getting a few hours of sleep."
He nodded, "We both need a few weeks of sleep after this..."

"I did not feel it was appropriate to go into your contacts without permission."
He smiled thinly, "And I appreciate that - like I said, almost surprised. I shouldn't have assumed you knew Adley's number. Oh, well, water under the bridge."

"I see, well don't let me keep you but please don't hurt Madeline, she is a member of my Cabal you know and under her Victorian harshness she is a kind lady."
Hans said and he scowled at you just a little.
He nodded, "I would not wish to hurt her, but there is information which... hum... actually, you are information, in a manner of speaking... I need the name of Dylan's executioner, back then. If you can get that from official records without distressing the Deaconess, that might be both a better and faster solution. If my theory is correct... there are two high-ranking Quaesitors who have not only committed murder, but have subsequently gone on a Gilgul-happy killing spree to cover up their crime."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:03 pm

He nodded, "More than that, she was Dylan's sister, back... then."

"Miss Alexander is young Claire?"
Philippa said and she looked quite surprised.
"Now that is an interesting bit of information."

He smiled, "I think we'd appreciate that - but as a formality, best run it via our respective Deacon Councils, shall we?"

"Yes off course I will contact Steelhaven officially once i have discussed it with the others."
The old Verbena said and nodded.

He snorted, "Miss Bosh needs a warning label, to keep away from children, and not the other way around..."

"She might need that warning label for several groups. I do not like to talk about someone who are not here to defend themselves but a week or go or so I went to have my annual flu shot, I had made an appointment, she knew I was coming and we have lived in the same Chantry together for some time so she know what I look like. When I came up in the infirmary there where several people there and she begun the preparations then loudly announced she had to exchange the needle for a longer one to get though the layers of fat, now it is not a huge deal I...am used to all the little comments from my students at school or those I pass in the street but it is still humiliating, she could have prepared the longer needle before I came, even the standard literature now says one need more than 1,5 inches on someone as big as me, she did not have to anounce it to all of the third floor, it was...insensitive."
Hans grumbled.

He nodded, "We both need a few weeks of sleep after this..."

"Yeah...well at least a few hours."
The Virtual Adept said and grinned.

He smiled thinly, "And I appreciate that - like I said, almost surprised. I shouldn't have assumed you knew Adley's number. Oh, well, water under the bridge."

"Well things should have worked out anyway, Chief Joakim have probably sent the file to your Cabalmate."

He nodded, "I would not wish to hurt her, but there is information which... hum... actually, you are information, in a manner of speaking... I need the name of Dylan's executioner, back then. If you can get that from official records without distressing the Deaconess, that might be both a better and faster solution. If my theory is correct... there are two high-ranking Quaesitors who have not only committed murder, but have subsequently gone on a Gilgul-happy killing spree to cover up their crime."

Hans nodded.
"I might be able to find that for you Mr Wainwright and this is not something that Madeline would...wish to talk about, the loss of Dylan hit her hard I was not around at that time but I understand her pain I do not know what I would do if Joe where to..get killed..."
He muttered and he turned towards one of the computers and lovingly petted it for a moment before he begun typing on it.
"Hum...yes here it is, Dylan death certificate have the name of the executioner. Gregor Ivan Ilteppi..."
Hans muttered then he continued to type on the computer.
"Mr Ilteppi was a Hermetic of House Guernicus a member of the Black Cabal...shortly after Dylan's execution he was cast from the Order and he died when his former Cabal caught up with him, the reason why he was cast out is not recorded."
The Virtual Adept said and frowned.
"Do you want me to print the information out for you Mr Wainwright?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:05 pm

"Miss Alexander is young Claire?"
Philippa said and she looked quite surprised.
"Now that is an interesting bit of information."
Colin smiled thinly, "It's a bit of a rabbit hole, and I suppose it would be most improper to reveal everything - but as her, well, aunt, I suppose you'd like to know that much, that she made it back to this world... and that she really is a sweet, loyal, if slightly morbid young woman now."

"Yes off course I will contact Steelhaven officially once i have discussed it with the others."
The old Verbena said and nodded.
He nodded, "And I will inform Steelhaven's Deacon Council about the date of the attack once I return."

"She might need that warning label for several groups. I do not like to talk about someone who are not here to defend themselves but a week or go or so I went to have my annual flu shot, I had made an appointment, she knew I was coming and we have lived in the same Chantry together for some time so she know what I look like. When I came up in the infirmary there where several people there and she begun the preparations then loudly announced she had to exchange the needle for a longer one to get though the layers of fat, now it is not a huge deal I...am used to all the little comments from my students at school or those I pass in the street but it is still humiliating, she could have prepared the longer needle before I came, even the standard literature now says one need more than 1,5 inches on someone as big as me, she did not have to anounce it to all of the third floor, it was...insensitive."
Hans grumbled.
He nodded, "She has, it seems, Union-based training. Good with keeping the mechanical functions going, but completely dismissive of the mental and emotional aspects of medicine..."

Hans nodded.
"I might be able to find that for you Mr Wainwright and this is not something that Madeline would...wish to talk about, the loss of Dylan hit her hard I was not around at that time but I understand her pain I do not know what I would do if Joe where to..get killed..."
He muttered and he turned towards one of the computers and lovingly petted it for a moment before he begun typing on it.
"Hum...yes here it is, Dylan death certificate have the name of the executioner. Gregor Ivan Ilteppi..."
Hans muttered then he continued to type on the computer.
"Mr Ilteppi was a Hermetic of House Guernicus a member of the Black Cabal...shortly after Dylan's execution he was cast from the Order and he died when his former Cabal caught up with him, the reason why he was cast out is not recorded."
The Virtual Adept said and frowned.
"Do you want me to print the information out for you Mr Wainwright?"
He frowned, "Gregor Ivan Ilteppi... Not Letitius Arim Clava, then. So much for that hypothesis..."
He frowned, "Oh, right, I forgot in the heat of the moment that Master Clava died over a century ago... hum... then again, how old was Ilteppi at the time? I will have to research him, then - and there'll be no need to bother Deaconess Rose about it after all... Oh, and the reason I wondered about him is that it seems he is reincarnated... widderslainte. Though I don't have more proof of that than the claims of a memory encountered in someone else's Quiet... so it might not be the most compelling evidence."
He nodded, "If you please, and if there is a standard form for filing a grievance against a Chantry resident, three copies of that would be useful, as well... Or failing that, a few blank sheets will do."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:37 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "It's a bit of a rabbit hole, and I suppose it would be most improper to reveal everything - but as her, well, aunt, I suppose you'd like to know that much, that she made it back to this world... and that she really is a sweet, loyal, if slightly morbid young woman now."

"I appreciate knowing that Claire have not been reborn in some Labyrinth, the girl did Fall but that she is with a Cabal is comforting and yes as young Mis Alexander's aunt her well being is a a priority for me off course."
Philippa said and smiled a little.

He nodded, "And I will inform Steelhaven's Deacon Council about the date of the attack once I return."

"Sounds good."
The Verbena said and nodded.

He nodded, "She has, it seems, Union-based training. Good with keeping the mechanical functions going, but completely dismissive of the mental and emotional aspects of medicine..."

"That is my assessment of the woman as well."
Hans said and frowned.

He frowned, "Gregor Ivan Ilteppi... Not Letitius Arim Clava, then. So much for that hypothesis..."
He frowned, "Oh, right, I forgot in the heat of the moment that Master Clava died over a century ago... hum... then again, how old was Ilteppi at the time?

"No Letitius Arim Clava no...as for Master Ilteppi was...let me see, 153 years old at the time of his death."
Hans said and he raised an eyebrow clearly confused.

I will have to research him, then - and there'll be no need to bother Deaconess Rose about it after all... Oh, and the reason I wondered about him is that it seems he is reincarnated... widderslainte. Though I don't have more proof of that than the claims of a memory encountered in someone else's Quiet... so it might not be the most compelling evidence."

"Ilteppi Fell? Well he was an professional executioner, I can imagine that his Resonance was not the best I can see how that could happen...do you know where this widderslainte he is supposed to have become is now?"
Hans asked then he nodded.
"I am not so sure a Quiet is always the best place for information Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "If you please, and if there is a standard form for filing a grievance against a Chantry resident, three copies of that would be useful, as well... Or failing that, a few blank sheets will do."

"Yeah we do have such a form, one moment."
Hans said as he pressed a few keys then a printer in the counter came to life and spewed out some information of Dylan's executioner as well as the Etherite's death certificate. There was also three copies of a formal complaint sheet for the Deacon Council. Hans gathered the papers up and handed them to you.
"Here you go, is there anything else you need Mr Wainwright and I am happy that this did not have to be discussed with my Cabalmate it would have upset her."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top