Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Warpmind on Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:33 pm

"That is my assessment of the woman as well."
Hans said and frowned.
Colin pondered for a moment, "She would probably make a first-class military or surgical nurse, come to think of it... A position where she would not be dealing much with conscious patients."

"No Letitius Arim Clava no...as for Master Ilteppi was...let me see, 153 years old at the time of his death."
Hans said and he raised an eyebrow clearly confused.
He shook his head, "The hypothesis is shot down - not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed, but it is what is. Best not discuss the notion too much further, then."

"Ilteppi Fell? Well he was an professional executioner, I can imagine that his Resonance was not the best I can see how that could happen...do you know where this widderslainte he is supposed to have become is now?"
Hans asked then he nodded.
"I am not so sure a Quiet is always the best place for information Mr Wainwright."
He tapped the side of his nose, "I do know - I've met the... individual. Not an entirely bad sort, though with the obvious dark side... And no, a Quiet is not the best place for information, but this pertains to a number of souls always being reborn to cross one anothers' paths, and if the claim can be substantiated, it's certainly something that might lead to interesting places..."

"Yeah we do have such a form, one moment."
Hans said as he pressed a few keys then a printer in the counter came to life and spewed out some information of Dylan's executioner as well as the Etherite's death certificate. There was also three copies of a formal complaint sheet for the Deacon Council. Hans gathered the papers up and handed them to you.
"Here you go, is there anything else you need Mr Wainwright and I am happy that this did not have to be discussed with my Cabalmate it would have upset her."
He accepted the papers with a small nod, "Thank you, Sir... and I'm glad we found a simpler solution, as well. I would have been bothered by upsetting Madame Rose, stiff upper lip be damned."
He neatly folded the few pages in half lengthwise, and stuck then in his inside pocket, "Then let's see, I do believe that is everything I need to do before... Ah, did I have a syringe left?"
He carefully rifled through the pocket he'd put the few syringes and the serum in, to see if he had any left, or if he'd used and discarded them all in the labyrinth...
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:14 pm

"I doubt talking about it will be an issue as he will publish the findings anyway. Your Cabalmate have found out something disturbing about the green serum we have stolen from the Union that dampens magick, he plans to take it, spend twenty four hours in a time bubble both to catch up on sleep and I think he wanted to discuss some matters with you, and then let himself be examined to get proof of what he have seen in his vision."

"As that will come to absolutely no one's surprise, I find that to be a terrible idea and I will tell him that, though I doubt he will change his mind. He can be remarkably stubborn. Is it necessary to do right now, when there's so much to do?" he asked, with a shake of his head. "Then again, when have we had times to do things 'later?' At any rate, yes it seems I should join you. I do think that the Chief was thinking of asking another to make a bubble, so that might spare you effort if you coordinate. I'm not sure if it would be private though, that might make the difference."

"I will be wrapping about 24 hours into thirty minutes so it should not in real time be to long before you can go home. I will go and find Mr Wainwright after we have eaten and ask him when he want me to set this up for him...and yes sleep do sound divine right now." Udella said with a wry smile.

"Good, if we can put some privacy measures that would be useful. Just let me know when you need me, then," he agreed.

Crexia sigh. "You should probably get some rest Sodalis and I will create the time bubble. I am mentally wary but I do not need sleep."
The old Tytalus offered. "You do." Udella nodded at that. "Very well Sodalis...thank you."

He realised that Crexia had nothing to eat again. Second time...and no sleep. It must be part of her existence as a lich. For a moment, he thought of the forest how she'd looked in battle dress against the Diedne. He wondered if she had really known Erjne...there was a good chance, since she seemed to remember Carmon. With a pang, he remembered the vampire staked in one of the rooms and frowned. About sitting across from him with porridge in front of them before he went out to his doom. He rubbed irritatedly at his beard and after a pause, turned his attention back to his food. "We should probably take some food to my amicus, if he's not got down here yet," he added.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:41 pm

"She is the Gilledian, the Lady of the Labyrinth I would be very much surprised if she cares one bit what happens to me and to answer your question no, I don't like her, I do not have to...however with her current actions...let us just say I am concerned..."
Siege said and frowned.
"She is pissing of other Labyrinths left and right and that is never good, and what she did with...well never mind that..."
He muttered and stopped talking.

"Starting to sound like the start of a civil war." Serge commented. "Pissing off those who are on your side is typically a bad idea. Although I'm not going pretend that I know how any sort of politics work. Maybe it was a show of strength or something like that. How do the other members of the labyrinth view her? Do they have similar feelings towards her or is it more of a split issue?"

"The rooms and walls do reshape itself...you like TV shows do you not, have you seen the show Farscape, think the ship there Moya was it not? The Labyrinth reshape itself but not very quickly."
He said and sigh.
"But yeah maps are only valid for so long."

"Damn, That's an old show. I think I was like 2 year's old when it came out. Although I know what you mean." Serge said trying to recall a show that was nearly as old as him.

"These labyrinths are really starting to sound like a dungeon in a video game. Do you guys have skeletons or other monsters guarding the halls?" Serge said humorously, as he tried to get Siege to talk more about the defenses of their Labyrinth.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:04 pm

Colin:

Colin pondered for a moment, "She would probably make a first-class military or surgical nurse, come to think of it... A position where she would not be dealing much with conscious patients."

"As far as I know that is her background, she was a surgical nurse in one of the bigger hospitals in the city until she discovered her powers and had to take a less demanding position to accommodate training and Chantry duties."
Hans said and nodded.
"And her technical skill are marvelous, I have seen her stitch up wounds from Paradox that can not be healed so they have left hardly a scar, she have never missed a vein on me and with my weight that is quite impressive, she have wast medical knowledge and can combine it with herbalism and several other Eastern and Western healing systems, the problem is her empathy..."

He shook his head, "The hypothesis is shot down - not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed, but it is what is. Best not discuss the notion too much further, then."

The Virtual Adept nodded.
"As you wish, I am sorry I could not be of any more help."

He tapped the side of his nose, "I do know - I've met the... individual. Not an entirely bad sort, though with the obvious dark side... And no, a Quiet is not the best place for information, but this pertains to a number of souls always being reborn to cross one anothers' paths, and if the claim can be substantiated, it's certainly something that might lead to interesting places..."

"I have heard of the idea that Avatars travel through the lifetimes in group, from the point of view of my own Paradigm this is a little hard to believe but I can not discount the notion, this person you are talking about though the executioner's reincarnation you have got me curious on that one, though perhaps it is best if I don't ask to many questions."
Hans said and smiled a little he looked a little confused and curious though he definitively did want to ask.

He accepted the papers with a small nod, "Thank you, Sir... and I'm glad we found a simpler solution, as well. I would have been bothered by upsetting Madame Rose, stiff upper lip be damned."

"I am quite please that you did not have to disturb Madeline I might have had to get cross and I am a high school math teacher I can get quite cross if I want to...I am protective of my Cabalmates, I do hope you understand Mr Wainwright."
Hans said and glanced over at you.

He neatly folded the few pages in half lengthwise, and stuck then in his inside pocket, "Then let's see, I do believe that is everything I need to do before... Ah, did I have a syringe left?"
He carefully rifled through the pocket he'd put the few syringes and the serum in, to see if he had any left, or if he'd used and discarded them all in the labyrinth...

You had plenty left of the serum but none of the syringes left, the Nephandi Chief had probably had the habit of getting more from the infirmary when she needed on so she had no need to keep a large stock of them.
"We have medical supplies up in the infirmary."
Hans said and nodded to the stairs up to first the second and then the third floor.
"Since we have sick and injured there should be someone on duty up there they can help you with what supplies you need."

Adley:

"As that will come to absolutely no one's surprise, I find that to be a terrible idea and I will tell him that, though I doubt he will change his mind. He can be remarkably stubborn. Is it necessary to do right now, when there's so much to do?" he asked, with a shake of his head. "Then again, when have we had times to do things 'later?' At any rate, yes it seems I should join you. I do think that the Chief was thinking of asking another to make a bubble, so that might spare you effort if you coordinate. I'm not sure if it would be private though, that might make the difference."

"Yes your Cabalmate is a capable man able to think outside the box, but he is stubborn most certainly."
Udella said in a tone of voice that almost made it sound like she had known Colin for a long time.
"At the time he made the decision to test the serum he was looking at having to subject his new apprentice to that serum daily...he still might have to do that if another solution is not found and he did not want to do something to his apprentice that he was not willing to have done to himself, a choice I can respect."
Crexia said and Udella nodded.
"And now he needs data to prove his vision to prove that the serum is dangerous, he might wait then again the increase the chance your Chantry's Deacon council will still demand he use the serum on the little Nephandi girl."
Udella chimed in.
"At least inside a time bubble not much time will pass and he will not be helpless in the normal time flow for long."
Crexia said then she added.
"Who did Chief Joakim want to ask? Depending on their Paradigm that could work but really it is not a big problem for me to whip up a time bubble."

"Good, if we can put some privacy measures that would be useful. Just let me know when you need me, then," he agreed.

"I can make sure no one from outside of the bubble can see or hear what is going on inside of it."
Crexia offered.
"I will do that Sodalis."

"We should probably take some food to my amicus, if he's not got down here yet," he added.

"That is a good idea Sodalis and we should have some food for the two of you for the time bubble. I will see to it...just let me sit for a moment, I might not need sleep, but I do get tired."
Crexia said and smiled a little.
"There is a good chance that Mr Wainwright will find his way here when he hears we have come back though, once he is done dealing with his crisis situation whatever it was."

Serge:

"Starting to sound like the start of a civil war." Serge commented. "Pissing off those who are on your side is typically a bad idea.

Siege groaned at that and nodded.
"That is what I fear yes, there is only so far my boss can push the other Labyrinths and most of the other Lords and Ladies of their Labyrinths are far older and more powerful than she is, we would be at a severe disadvantage if it came to serious blows."

Although I'm not going pretend that I know how any sort of politics work. Maybe it was a show of strength or something like that. How do the other members of the labyrinth view her? Do they have similar feelings towards her or is it more of a split issue?"

"It is a fairly split issue and no it was not a show of strength it was a deal...that should never have been made but I don't think I should say more about that."
The prisoner said and frowned.

"Damn, That's an old show. I think I was like 2 year's old when it came out. Although I know what you mean." Serge said trying to recall a show that was nearly as old as him.

"I don't know what is worse how old you make me feel or how young a kid they send to interrogate me, but yeah that show, the ship in it have always reminded me of the Labyrinth."
Siege said with a wry grin.

"These labyrinths are really starting to sound like a dungeon in a video game. Do you guys have skeletons or other monsters guarding the halls?" Serge said humorously, as he tried to get Siege to talk more about the defenses of their Labyrinth.

"Oh yes, and everyone have pink and green hair and when you kill something the final fantasy victory fanfare starts playing."
The Nephandus said jokingly.
"No we do not have walking skeletons, and we are not living in a video game this is my home you are talking about...monsters though...well there could be a few of those."

(OOC: I went out with my Aspergers group for home made pizza yum yum.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:32 pm

"As far as I know that is her background, she was a surgical nurse in one of the bigger hospitals in the city until she discovered her powers and had to take a less demanding position to accommodate training and Chantry duties."
Hans said and nodded.
"And her technical skill are marvelous, I have seen her stitch up wounds from Paradox that can not be healed so they have left hardly a scar, she have never missed a vein on me and with my weight that is quite impressive, she have wast medical knowledge and can combine it with herbalism and several other Eastern and Western healing systems, the problem is her empathy..."
Colin nodded, "And in dealing with patients, especially ones that are physically at a disadvantage, that's a major problem."

The Virtual Adept nodded.
"As you wish, I am sorry I could not be of any more help."
He shook his head, "You were immensely helpful - I will now not be barking up the wrong tree."

"I have heard of the idea that Avatars travel through the lifetimes in group, from the point of view of my own Paradigm this is a little hard to believe but I can not discount the notion, this person you are talking about though the executioner's reincarnation you have got me curious on that one, though perhaps it is best if I don't ask to many questions."
Hans said and smiled a little he looked a little confused and curious though he definitively did want to ask.
He smiled wryly, "Perhaps you could try to see those associated Avatars as something like a software bundle, like one of those Office suites, where you get a word processor, a spreadsheed, a database and so on all together at once, rather than just an individual program? And yes, I'm sure you'd find further details about the individual interesting, but... this is neither the time nor place."

"I am quite please that you did not have to disturb Madeline I might have had to get cross and I am a high school math teacher I can get quite cross if I want to...I am protective of my Cabalmates, I do hope you understand Mr Wainwright."
Hans said and glanced over at you.
He grinned, "I went in to coax Adley out of a Quiet today, because letting it pass normally would be dangerous in the Labyrinth, and I invited the personal displeasure of the head Quaesitor in Boston to stall the proceedings when they came for miss Alexander... I understand perfectly."

You had plenty left of the serum but none of the syringes left, the Nephandi Chief had probably had the habit of getting more from the infirmary when she needed on so she had no need to keep a large stock of them.
"We have medical supplies up in the infirmary."
Hans said and nodded to the stairs up to first the second and then the third floor.
"Since we have sick and injured there should be someone on duty up there they can help you with what supplies you need."
He nodded, "I expect that should be easy, yes... I'm going to dose myself with the bloody serum, to give a detailed description of what it feels like, and to offer solid evidence of why it should never be used for several days in a row... It would be improper to frighten and force a prisoner into such a scan..."
He sighed, "Well, no time like the present. Sleep well, if we don't meet again before I leave town."
He gave Hans a quick bow, and headed back up to the infirmary for a syringe while he texted Adley, "I was told Lady C. and the gang returned already. Get yourself a hearty meal, and then we all meet up for some bubble time? I'll be down in the cafeteria once I've made another detour to the infirmary."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:01 pm

Colin nodded, "And in dealing with patients, especially ones that are physically at a disadvantage, that's a major problem."

"It is, an adult after all can leave, she was rude to me and for many her comments would have been more hurtful, I have accepted my looks but for many such humiliation is not ok, but after all I could have gotten up and left but for kids they often are not given that option, though they should be, I am not fond of the idea of forcing medical procedures on kids unless we are talking a life or death situation unless one can with reason and or bribes talk them into it willingly. I mean how are we to teach them to respect the boundaries of both themselves and others if the adults in their lives do not respect them, however most children are not given much choice and then a nurse like Miss Bosh can do some real damage, I know one of our teenagers now plain refuse to visit the infirmary even when hurt, and one of the young Hermetic apprentices got scared out of his wits."
Hans said and frowned.

He shook his head, "You were immensely helpful - I will now not be barking up the wrong tree."

"I am glad I could clear that up for you then Mr Wainwright."
Hans said and smiled.

He smiled wryly, "Perhaps you could try to see those associated Avatars as something like a software bundle, like one of those Office suites, where you get a word processor, a spreadsheed, a database and so on all together at once, rather than just an individual program?

"That is actually not a bad idea I could work with that idea and I guess information often do travel together in matrices...hum...something to meditate on at least."
Hans said and he nodded approvingly as he took a few notes on his phone.

And yes, I'm sure you'd find further details about the individual interesting, but... this is neither the time nor place."

"I will keep my curiosity to myself."
The Virtual Adept agreed and nodded though he still looked like he wanted to ask more he said nothing further.

He grinned, "I went in to coax Adley out of a Quiet today, because letting it pass normally would be dangerous in the Labyrinth, and I invited the personal displeasure of the head Quaesitor in Boston to stall the proceedings when they came for miss Alexander... I understand perfectly."

"A Quiet I do hope Mr Roth Hicks are well, and as for Miss Alexander that is a most tragic situation."
Hans said and shuddered.
"Yes our Cabals become our family and I care very much for every member of mine."
He said and his frown melted into a fond smile.

He nodded, "I expect that should be easy, yes... I'm going to dose myself with the bloody serum, to give a detailed description of what it feels like, and to offer solid evidence of why it should never be used for several days in a row... It would be improper to frighten and force a prisoner into such a scan..."

"Ah...I agree doing experiments on a prisoner is not acceptable, then again a few of them have already been dozed with the serum and might be willing to accept a scan if that examination in itself is not to uncomfortable, knowing how the serum feels might be wise though if one is to use it on prisoners, the bloody stuff have about the same color as those dreadful gummy worms my apprentice are so fond of, I would not want that injected into my body."

He sighed, "Well, no time like the present. Sleep well, if we don't meet again before I leave town."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright, give my best to Miss Adlebloom and good luck with the troubles in Boston, if you need help and I am asleep Joe will be here and be able to be of assistance."
Hans said and gave you a polite nod.

He gave Hans a quick bow, and headed back up to the infirmary for a syringe while he texted Adley,

Hans smiled and returned the bow. You got back up to the infirmary, it was rather crowded. You saw that Miss Bosh had been put on tetanus duty, a rather tedious task as quite a few of the strike team members where lined up after they had gotten all from injuries to minor scrapes in the Labyrinth and decided it was not the cleanest place to be and it was better to be safe than sorry. Miss Bosh did not look happy to be set to give several dozen tetanus shots, fill out journals, determine if any other vaccines where needed for what the individual mage had gotten into contact with as well as bandaging up remainders from injuries healed and dealing with minor scrapes. Alex Horton where checking on James while the young man who had given you your tetanus shot last night was running inventory it seamed, the young psychic came over to you as you entered the infirmary.
"Ah...Mr Wainwright was it not? May I help you with anything?"
He asked in a soft, plesant tone of voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:03 pm

Siege groaned at that and nodded.
"That is what I fear yes, there is only so far my boss can push the other Labyrinths and most of the other Lords and Ladies of their Labyrinths are far older and more powerful than she is, we would be at a severe disadvantage if it came to serious blows."

"She's weaker than the other leaders?" Serge asked. "That might be the reason for her sudden change in plan. Trying to accumulate power quickly before everything goes wrong and the fighting starts."

"It is a fairly split issue and no it was not a show of strength it was a deal...that should never have been made but I don't think I should say more about that."

"If that's the case aren't you worried that their might be fighting between the members of your own labyrinth? Or is it still not that serious yet?" Serge asked trying to gauge how serious the situation was.

"I don't know what is worse how old you make me feel or how young a kid they send to interrogate me, but yeah that show, the ship in it have always reminded me of the Labyrinth."
Siege said with a wry grin.

"Now now now, your not old. Your just....more experienced in the ways of the world." Serge said returning the smile.

"Oh yes, and everyone have pink and green hair and when you kill something the final fantasy victory fanfare starts playing."
The Nephandus said jokingly.
"No we do not have walking skeletons, and we are not living in a video game this is my home you are talking about...monsters though...well there could be a few of those."

"That just gave me a great idea for a magickal effect." Serge said with a smile upon realizing that he could make people hear the final fantasy victory theme in their heads.

"And I presume those monsters you mentioned are flesh monsters. They probably come out of the wall and eat you alive. Or tear you apart. One or the other....or both" Serge said nonchalantly.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:48 am

"At the time he made the decision to test the serum he was looking at having to subject his new apprentice to that serum daily...he still might have to do that if another solution is not found and he did not want to do something to his apprentice that he was not willing to have done to himself, a choice I can respect."
"And now he needs data to prove his vision to prove that the serum is dangerous, he might wait then again the increase the chance your Chantry's Deacon council will still demand he use the serum on the little Nephandi girl." Udella chimed in.

He sighed. "I don't discount that the stuff is potentially harmful, he seems to know more about it than I do and I trust him. That's kind of why I don't want him to use it on himself," Adley said with a regretful shrug. "I just wish there was some other way to test it where he didn't volunteer as guinea pig."

"At least inside a time bubble not much time will pass and he will not be helpless in the normal time flow for long." Crexia said then she added.

"Yes, that's true," he said. "It's still poison. There's someone I need to contact about it soon, as well," he said, then counted days in his head that his brother had been on that stuff, in consensus time - compared to the time that he'd spent in Chicago and in time bubbles.

"Who did Chief Joakim want to ask? Depending on their Paradigm that could work but really it is not a big problem for me to whip up a time bubble."

"We should be careful of whom we speak about, with regards to that art, but I'm sure he can tell you," he said sounding apologetic. "Or I will out of public ear or scratched out onto a tablet. Those are useful..can't believe I didn't think of something like that...at any rate, it was a long night for us; I just am much more aware of the strain of prolonged spellwork than I ever was before, for obvious reasons.You know your endurance far better than I," he added, not wishing to insult them.

"I can make sure no one from outside of the bubble can see or hear what is going on inside of it." Crexia offered. "I will do that Sodalis."

"Thank you, I'd appreciate it."

"That is a good idea Sodalis and we should have some food for the two of you for the time bubble. I will see to it...just let me sit for a moment, I might not need sleep, but I do get tired." Crexia said and smiled a little. "There is a good chance that Mr Wainwright will find his way here when he hears we have come back though, once he is done dealing with his crisis situation whatever it was."

"I can take some food in for us if he doesn't come down," he said. "Of course, ma'am," he said as she wished rest and turned his attention to filling his plate again, second breakfast,  until he heard his phone ping. He pulled it up and flipped through his messages.

(Colin) texted Adley, "I was told Lady C. and the gang returned already. Get yourself a hearty meal, and then we all meet up for some bubble time? I'll be down in the cafeteria once I've made another detour to the infirmary."

'Yes; already at caf. Meet here when ready?' he replied.

// in which Adley makes like an overtall hobbit and eats first and second breakfast and elevensies...
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:01 am

I take the theories of the fallen and the law ones, and return to my quarters to take care of my prisoner and to try and learn something about the matter, and prepare a defense.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:51 am

Serge:

"She's weaker than the other leaders?" Serge asked. "That might be the reason for her sudden change in plan. Trying to accumulate power quickly before everything goes wrong and the fighting starts."

"She is younger by far and no I doubt that is her reason, but my leader's plans is not for me to talk about."
Siege said and shook his head.
"As for fighting...that might happen and it will be a problem when it do."

"If that's the case aren't you worried that their might be fighting between the members of your own labyrinth? Or is it still not that serious yet?" Serge asked trying to gauge how serious the situation was.

"No that is not likely to happen the Nephandi is rather good at keeping order in the ranks, but that there are murmurs of malcontent that there is."

"Now now now, your not old. Your just....more experienced in the ways of the world." Serge said returning the smile.

Siege grinned a little at that.
"I might be at that...then again age matters little when one have magick, but seeing all the things I cared about as a teenager now being old stuff is somewhat...strange."

"That just gave me a great idea for a magickal effect." Serge said with a smile upon realizing that he could make people hear the final fantasy victory theme in their heads.

"Dare I even ask?"
Siege said sarcastically and gave you a bit of a smile.

"And I presume those monsters you mentioned are flesh monsters. They probably come out of the wall and eat you alive. Or tear you apart. One or the other....or both" Serge said nonchalantly.

"Our defenses vary quite a bit but it would not be to wise of me to go into details about that now would it kid, suffice to say you seam like a nice kid make sure someone else walks in front of you if you are ever going to attack our Labyrinth."

Adley:

He sighed. "I don't discount that the stuff is potentially harmful, he seems to know more about it than I do and I trust him. That's kind of why I don't want him to use it on himself," Adley said with a regretful shrug. "I just wish there was some other way to test it where he didn't volunteer as guinea pig."

"It should not be to dangerous for a one time use I think...perhaps indeed testing it on a prisoner would have been better but then again that give a sour taste of the Union now don't it."
Crexia said and frowned.
"I do think you Cabalmate will be fine even if I do not like...that serum's continued use after what he found out about it."

"Yes, that's true," he said. "It's still poison. There's someone I need to contact about it soon, as well," he said, then counted days in his head that his brother had been on that stuff, in consensus time - compared to the time that he'd spent in Chicago and in time bubbles.

Kyle had been given the serum twice and was set to be given the third dose very soon you remember how bruised the kid's arm had looked after one dose, and how he had tensed up to not make a sound while he was given the injection the boy was proud but it was clear that it burned and it made him nauseous, your Mentor had said it would only be one more time though and then he could take the chance of letting Kyle out of his cell, the question was if one more time was safe.
"Feel free to make whatever phone calls you need Sodalis do not let us stop you."
Crexia said as she re filled Olamide's coffee mug.

"We should be careful of whom we speak about, with regards to that art, but I'm sure he can tell you," he said sounding apologetic. "Or I will out of public ear or scratched out onto a tablet.

"Hum...that is probably wise, it is not to important though I can pull the spell of alone, I have allot of experience with that."
Crexia said, not bragging simply flatly matter of factly she knew very well what she can do.
"But as long as the Nephandi are looking for Chronomancers we should try to keep ours safe."

Those are useful..can't believe I didn't think of something like that...

"I have a spare one like I said I will find it for you along with the recepie for the wax, modern candle wax is to hard and beeswax is to soft I use my own blend but it is not to hard to make."
Crexia said.
"And yes sometimes the technology of the past can be surprisingly useful, my other gave me my frist writing tablet when I was...very young..."
Crexia muttered and her voice trailed of she did smile a little though.

at any rate, it was a long night for us; I just am much more aware of the strain of prolonged spellwork than I ever was before, for obvious reasons.You know your endurance far better than I," he added, not wishing to insult them.

"I am a lich endurance was one of the perks...expensively bought perks."
Crexia said and Udella smiled to you.
"I have not been at it for a week before this day my young Sodalis do not worry about insulting me, I am an old woman and my body is starting to catch us but yes prolonged spellwork costs, I have to admit everything ache, and even my old Avatar wants a bit of a rest now, he is a fine old gentleman but he is reminding me that we are both well out of our glory days."
The old Quesitor said and chuckled.

"Thank you, I'd appreciate it."

Crexia nodded at that.

"I can take some food in for us if he doesn't come down," he said. "Of course, ma'am," he said as she wished rest and turned his attention to filling his plate again, second breakfast, until he heard his phone ping. He pulled it up and flipped through his messages.

"Mirri usually always have something ready but if she do not this time then some sandwiches and some fruit might be wise, and enough water."
Crexia said. The before mentioned Mirri seamed to know when your plate was empty and she came over to fill it again giving you a smile before she left to let you and the others speak in peace.

Tane:

You get to your room. Hildegard is still there in a chair knitting as she watches over Cadence who was sleeping uneasy on the sofa.
"Mr Karyak."
The Chorister said in greeting.
"Miss Danielson Miss Clearwater's Mentor have been here to say hello to her apprentice just to let you know who have been in your room, but as she is elderly and frail I sent her to bed in a guest room a little while ago."
The woman said.

You would need to make sure Cadence had gotten food and water and check her bindings and her hands to make sure there where good blood flow and that the rope had not cut her to much.

(OOC: Please give me a Intelligence plus Mage Lore roll if Tane do not have Mage Lore though I do think he do then Occult can be used but then it will get harder, for the research he is doing.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:34 am

"She is younger by far and no I doubt that is her reason, but my leader's plans is not for me to talk about."
Siege said and shook his head.
"As for fighting...that might happen and it will be a problem when it do."

"Can't imagine a fight between the Nephandi being all too pleasant." Serge wondered. "And it definitely would cause quite the number of problems. For everyone...."

"No that is not likely to happen the Nephandi is rather good at keeping order in the ranks, but that there are murmurs of malcontent that there is."

"It always starts with rumors doesn't it." Serge said with slight chuckle. "Next thing you know people will "accidentally" fall into those flesh walls."

Siege grinned a little at that.
"I might be at that...then again age matters little when one have magick, but seeing all the things I cared about as a teenager now being old stuff is somewhat...strange."

"Doesn't age usually complement magick?" Serge asked. "I mean...that's where the old stereotype of the wise old wizards comes from. More years of life means more time to study your magick?"

"Dare I even ask?"
Siege said sarcastically and gave you a bit of a smile.

"Hey man, I can have my secrets as well." Serge said returning the smile.

"Our defenses vary quite a bit but it would not be to wise of me to go into details about that now would it kid, suffice to say you seam like a nice kid make sure someone else walks in front of you if you are ever going to attack our Labyrinth."

"Trust me, I would die long before I ever set foot in one of your labyrinths." Serge said looking at his rather plain arms which showed no signs of ever being used in combat.

"I'd probably get shot by some random Nephandi patrol guard wandering the outskirts of the labyrinths." Serge said trying to push Siege into commenting on the defenses outside of the Labyrinths.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:16 am

"Can't imagine a fight between the Nephandi being all too pleasant." Serge wondered. "And it definitely would cause quite the number of problems. For everyone...."

"No it would probably not be to plesant not for us but your faction probably will never notice it happening such conflict usually takes place in the Umbra."
Siege said and sigh.

"It always starts with rumors doesn't it." Serge said with slight chuckle. "Next thing you know people will "accidentally" fall into those flesh walls."

"That is unlikely, a dissident being captured, publicly tortured, raped, potentially Gigulled and then killed in some spectacularly fear inspiring manner is more likely if someone speak up against the Lady, though I guess every so often a leader is assassinated in such a way or a murder is hidden as a accident but generally justice is doled out quite...brutally."

"Doesn't age usually complement magick?" Serge asked. "I mean...that's where the old stereotype of the wise old wizards comes from. More years of life means more time to study your magick?"

"That is usually the case you have a few such as Master Dante who is like thirty something and are a archmage but for most of us magick takes time to study and as such the older the mage generally the more power they have, but off course some learn slowly and some Awaken old, but it is a stereotype that are usually true."

"Hey man, I can have my secrets as well." Serge said returning the smile.

"I so don't like the sound of that."
The Nephandus said and laughed.

"Trust me, I would die long before I ever set foot in one of your labyrinths." Serge said looking at his rather plain arms which showed no signs of ever being used in combat.

"Well yes hopefully the Traditions will not bring someone so young to war."
The prisoner said softly.

"I'd probably get shot by some random Nephandi patrol guard wandering the outskirts of the labyrinths." Serge said trying to push Siege into commenting on the defenses outside of the Labyrinths.

"I guess you better stay ducked down behind Mr Shark Sword's back then he seamed to be hearty enough, annoyingly so."
Siege said and glanced at you.
"But yeah shit happens in war, and invading a Labyrinth is not a wise thing to do."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:07 am

"It is, an adult after all can leave, she was rude to me and for many her comments would have been more hurtful, I have accepted my looks but for many such humiliation is not ok, but after all I could have gotten up and left but for kids they often are not given that option, though they should be, I am not fond of the idea of forcing medical procedures on kids unless we are talking a life or death situation unless one can with reason and or bribes talk them into it willingly. I mean how are we to teach them to respect the boundaries of both themselves and others if the adults in their lives do not respect them, however most children are not given much choice and then a nurse like Miss Bosh can do some real damage, I know one of our teenagers now plain refuse to visit the infirmary even when hurt, and one of the young Hermetic apprentices got scared out of his wits."
Hans said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "Anna's not getting another injection unless she's either consenting, or she's unconscious and dying, and it's to immediately save her life. I want her to feel comfortable with medical staff... Fortunately, I know about an excellent doctor on Horizon who will be a literal lifesaver..."

"That is actually not a bad idea I could work with that idea and I guess information often do travel together in matrices...hum...something to meditate on at least."
Hans said and he nodded approvingly as he took a few notes on his phone.
He smiled, "Glad to have suggested a viewpoint that makes sense."

"I will keep my curiosity to myself."
The Virtual Adept agreed and nodded though he still looked like he wanted to ask more he said nothing further.
He nodded, "I'm sure you'll get to meet eventually - but it's an ongoing, delicate legal case."

"A Quiet I do hope Mr Roth Hicks are well, and as for Miss Alexander that is a most tragic situation."
Hans said and shuddered.
"Yes our Cabals become our family and I care very much for every member of mine."
He said and his frown melted into a fond smile.
He nodded, "He is fine, I believe - he just got stuck in something of a flashback; fortunately, it was simple enough to guide him out of it."

"Ah...I agree doing experiments on a prisoner is not acceptable, then again a few of them have already been dozed with the serum and might be willing to accept a scan if that examination in itself is not to uncomfortable, knowing how the serum feels might be wise though if one is to use it on prisoners, the bloody stuff have about the same color as those dreadful gummy worms my apprentice are so fond of, I would not want that injected into my body."
He nodded, "Part of the problem with said experiment is that it requires the use of lich blood, as it were - and for obvious reasons, the viable sources for that are... well, suffice to say it would seem improper to ask them to grant a few ounces to just anyone. The serum... is the failed Technocratic attempt to replicate a Hermetic lichdom potion, you see, and there are Primium particles in it. Not enough to be dangerous on a single dose, but too much over too short a period of time, and it will clot in the brain. Not something you'll want happening."

Thank you Mr Wainwright, give my best to Miss Adlebloom and good luck with the troubles in Boston, if you need help and I am asleep Joe will be here and be able to be of assistance."
Hans said and gave you a polite nod.
He nodded, "I will let her know. And thank you, again."

Hans smiled and returned the bow. You got back up to the infirmary, it was rather crowded. You saw that Miss Bosh had been put on tetanus duty, a rather tedious task as quite a few of the strike team members where lined up after they had gotten all from injuries to minor scrapes in the Labyrinth and decided it was not the cleanest place to be and it was better to be safe than sorry. Miss Bosh did not look happy to be set to give several dozen tetanus shots, fill out journals, determine if any other vaccines where needed for what the individual mage had gotten into contact with as well as bandaging up remainders from injuries healed and dealing with minor scrapes. Alex Horton where checking on James while the young man who had given you your tetanus shot last night was running inventory it seamed, the young psychic came over to you as you entered the infirmary.
"Ah...Mr Wainwright was it not? May I help you with anything?"
He asked in a soft, plesant tone of voice.
He nodded, "Yes, I need a syringe... 3ccs volume, preferably a wide gauge needle; I need to administer a dose of that disgusting Union serum."

'Yes; already at caf. Meet here when ready?' he replied.
He smiled thinly and typed back, 'Excellent. Be right there. J give you sound file?'

((OOC: Ah, poor Serge... First, a Nephandus tells him that invading a Labyrinth is not a wise thing to do, and soon Adley and Colin will come home, grab a shower and a change of clothes, and be all "Well, one Labyrinth down, one to go. Who wants to see the inside of a Nephandi Battlecruiser?" Kid's going to have difficulty knowing whose concerns to take seriously. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:36 am

Colin nodded, "Anna's not getting another injection unless she's either consenting, or she's unconscious and dying, and it's to immediately save her life. I want her to feel comfortable with medical staff... Fortunately, I know about an excellent doctor on Horizon who will be a literal lifesaver..."

"Agreed, I never forced Joe to do anything, I bribed him allot like I said he was such a sensitive child and easy to scare, but discussion and bribes got us though most medical stuff and now he takes himself to the doctor if he is ill and keeps up with the vaccines he himself choose to take. Using force with children is never a good idea and should be the last possible option to save their lives and nothing else."
Hans said and nodded.

He smiled, "Glad to have suggested a viewpoint that makes sense."

"You seam to be good at translating between various Paradigms."
Hans said and nodded.

He nodded, "I'm sure you'll get to meet eventually - but it's an ongoing, delicate legal case."

"Off course and I will not pry, please forgive me for being curious."
The Virtual Adept said and waved his hand as if to shake away the notion.
"I completely understand."

He nodded, "He is fine, I believe - he just got stuck in something of a flashback; fortunately, it was simple enough to guide him out of it."

"That is good to hear, a Quiet can be a terrifying experience."
Hans said and frowned.
"Do wish Mr Roth Hicks the best from me."

He nodded, "Part of the problem with said experiment is that it requires the use of lich blood, as it were - and for obvious reasons, the viable sources for that are... well, suffice to say it would seem improper to ask them to grant a few ounces to just anyone.

"Ah I see, not that do complicates matters."
The technomancer said and nodded.
"I assume you have made arrangements with the Lady already then."

The serum... is the failed Technocratic attempt to replicate a Hermetic lichdom potion, you see, and there are Primium particles in it. Not enough to be dangerous on a single dose, but too much over too short a period of time, and it will clot in the brain. Not something you'll want happening."

Hans paled a little.
"I am glad I have never had anything to do with that serum, that sounds quite bad and if this is true then we might not want to expose prisoners to that, it might not be humane."
He said and frowned.
"I take it you are trying to gather proof for this then, that is why you are doing the experiment."

He nodded, "I will let her know. And thank you, again."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
Hans said and smiled.

He nodded, "Yes, I need a syringe... 3ccs volume, preferably a wide gauge needle; I need to administer a dose of that disgusting Union serum."

"I see...not to that cute little blond prisoner I hope."
The psychic said as he went to one of the cabinets and begun to take a few items out of it.
"I recommend a 16 gauge needle for a liquid that thick, it will flow through a 18 and 20 as well but the pressure at the bore will be to high and while a thicker needle will cause more pain as it penetrates the skin all in all the experience should hurt less and cause less damage."
The young man returned to you and handed you a syringe and a pack of needles.
"I would recommend some form of pain management with using a needle with such a low gauge and injecting this much, would you want me to send with you a local anesthetic as well Sir. Also press down on the plunger very slowly, use about 20 seconds or more to empty the syringe, anything quicker risk damaging your patient, there might be a bit of blood and with a wider needle you need to be more careful with cleanliness, having an ice pack on hand for afterwards might help with your patient's comfort, so will gently massaging the area around the injection site when you are done to disperse the liquid but do not press down directly on the wound it will be tender. Also with that serum have a bucket close by as your patient will quickly start feeling unless, forgive me I should not say I am just a Custos but I can not help but feel that that serum should not be given to anyone."
He said as he handed the items over.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:21 pm

"You seam to be good at translating between various Paradigms."
Hans said and nodded.
He nodded, "I may not have a high degree of education, but I have a wide variety of knowledge and experience - I think perhaps that is one of the key elements; not being too specialized in any one thing at too early an age..."

"That is good to hear, a Quiet can be a terrifying experience."
Hans said and frowned.
"Do wish Mr Roth Hicks the best from me."
He nodded, "Will do."

"Ah I see, not that do complicates matters."
The technomancer said and nodded.
"I assume you have made arrangements with the Lady already then."
He nodded, "One of the terms is that she will be allowed to keep an eye on things from beginning to end, to ensure nothing is left behind to form a sympathetic link to her - I would not want that on my conscience."

Hans paled a little.
"I am glad I have never had anything to do with that serum, that sounds quite bad and if this is true then we might not want to expose prisoners to that, it might not be humane."
He said and frowned.
"I take it you are trying to gather proof for this then, that is why you are doing the experiment."
He nodded, "I've... administered it to others, for capturing them. It was not entirely a pleasant deed, but the most practical means of subduing a captive, and so long as nobody decides to top up the dose, they should still be fine. My reason for doing this on myself is at least twofold - to know from personal experience what I do to others and, yes, to have medical proof of what the serum does to a living person; also, to see precisely how bad the residue from one dose is after 24 hours."

"I see...not to that cute little blond prisoner I hope."
The psychic said as he went to one of the cabinets and begun to take a few items out of it.
"I recommend a 16 gauge needle for a liquid that thick, it will flow through a 18 and 20 as well but the pressure at the bore will be to high and while a thicker needle will cause more pain as it penetrates the skin all in all the experience should hurt less and cause less damage."
The young man returned to you and handed you a syringe and a pack of needles.
"I would recommend some form of pain management with using a needle with such a low gauge and injecting this much, would you want me to send with you a local anesthetic as well Sir. Also press down on the plunger very slowly, use about 20 seconds or more to empty the syringe, anything quicker risk damaging your patient, there might be a bit of blood and with a wider needle you need to be more careful with cleanliness, having an ice pack on hand for afterwards might help with your patient's comfort, so will gently massaging the area around the injection site when you are done to disperse the liquid but do not press down directly on the wound it will be tender. Also with that serum have a bucket close by as your patient will quickly start feeling unless, forgive me I should not say I am just a Custos but I can not help but feel that that serum should not be given to anyone."
He said as he handed the items over.
He shook his head, "Actually, no, I'll be administering it to myself - to prove what it does, and what it leaves behind. I... have to do this quickly, to prevent long-term use in others. Some... I believe it is lidocaine salve that's generally used? Some of that would be appreciated, and that ice pack would be good, too. And your status as Custos should have no bearing in the matter - I fully agree, it should not really be given to anyone, or at least, not without very good reason, and never more than once in a long while, perhaps no more than every few years... But in lieu of cheaply available physical restraints, it is a useful emergency solution for things like violent Quiets and the like, if you have it at hand..."
He frowned, "Also, do you know if Dr. Horton's body scanner has an MRI-like function in regards to the use of contrast fluids?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:09 pm

He nodded, "I may not have a high degree of education, but I have a wide variety of knowledge and experience - I think perhaps that is one of the key elements; not being too specialized in any one thing at too early an age..."

Hans nodded at that.
"It might be so, for me it was always math, I was always good at it, I learned it quickly and I learned to use it for magick through computers but if I had to figure things out for myself perhaps I would also not be so stuck in one Paradigm."
He said and nodded in agreement.

He nodded, "Will do."

Hans smiled.
"I appreciate it."

He nodded, "One of the terms is that she will be allowed to keep an eye on things from beginning to end, to ensure nothing is left behind to form a sympathetic link to her - I would not want that on my conscience."

"I know little about liches but I have heard the fluid that is her blood is even closer to her than regular blood is when it comes to arcane connections since it was made of her personal Longavity potion and every bit of energy from the connections she destroyed before her ritual is put into it, whatever that is true or not I do not know but I doubt the Lady would want any of it where she do not have control."

He nodded, "I've... administered it to others, for capturing them. It was not entirely a pleasant deed, but the most practical means of subduing a captive, and so long as nobody decides to top up the dose, they should still be fine.

Hans nodded at that.
"Well when taking a captive sometimes one have to, there is no other choice."
He muttered.
"The serum do look disgusting though, do it hurt?"

My reason for doing this on myself is at least twofold - to know from personal experience what I do to others and, yes, to have medical proof of what the serum does to a living person; also, to see precisely how bad the residue from one dose is after 24 hours."

"I is good not to do to others what one would not suffer oneself but are you sure this is safe Mr Wainwright?"
The Virtual Adept asked.
"Knowing more about the serum is a good idea though."

He shook his head, "Actually, no, I'll be administering it to myself - to prove what it does, and what it leaves behind. I... have to do this quickly, to prevent long-term use in others.

"I am glad it is not for the child Sir, she is so scared it would not be good for her."
The young nurse said as he worked on finding the equipment.
"You have a noble goal then."
He added and nodded.

Some... I believe it is lidocaine salve that's generally used? Some of that would be appreciated, and that ice pack would be good, too.

"Lidocaine is used quite a bit but it will not be effective for this, it is great for anything that is done right under the skin, blood tests, injections of insulin, and it takes the edge of things as then you will feel little of the needle going through the skin itself, however it only work in the surface the the majority of the discomfort will come from the burn of the fluid and the stretching of the muscle, at least with lidocaine cream that will not help at all with that. When I have to use needles this thick I usually give a small lidocaine injection first that go deeply enough or use a cold spray, similar to the one used on warts, that will not take all of the discomfort but should make it allot more bearable."
The young man said in an experienced tone of voice as he added a small ice pack in a towel to the items he handed to you.

And your status as Custos should have no bearing in the matter - I fully agree, it should not really be given to anyone, or at least, not without very good reason, and never more than once in a long while, perhaps no more than every few years... But in lieu of cheaply available physical restraints, it is a useful emergency solution for things like violent Quiets and the like, if you have it at hand..."

"Sometimes it is a shame the easier methods to stop magick from fairytales do not work eh Sir."
The nurse said.
"If there is no other options I guess one have to, and it is better than going into a violent Quiet but I hesitate to use rather painful injections on prisoners, it do not seam right to me, but then again I am just a Custos."

He frowned, "Also, do you know if Dr. Horton's body scanner has an MRI-like function in regards to the use of contrast fluids?"

"I don't think so Sir it can be set to measure things about the body, heart rhythm, foreign objects, glucose levels, cholesterol, anything of the sort If it can be used with contrast fluid I don't know you would have to talk with Mr Horton about that. I do know he have access to at least a CT scanner at the animal clinic he works on though and have taken mages there when the clinic was closed and something had to be done discreetly."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:12 pm

Hans nodded at that.
"It might be so, for me it was always math, I was always good at it, I learned it quickly and I learned to use it for magick through computers but if I had to figure things out for myself perhaps I would also not be so stuck in one Paradigm."
He said and nodded in agreement.
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Math, in and of itself, shouldn't be the obstacle, I think - it's in everything, or so they say. But like the Verbena say, magic isn't sterile and clean, it's messy and full of bodily fluids... I personally think there's a middle way between the two - after all, the Golden Ratio is everywhere in nature..."

"I know little about liches but I have heard the fluid that is her blood is even closer to her than regular blood is when it comes to arcane connections since it was made of her personal Longavity potion and every bit of energy from the connections she destroyed before her ritual is put into it, whatever that is true or not I do not know but I doubt the Lady would want any of it where she do not have control."
He nodded, "I would not dare suggest to let even a few drops go astray where she wouldn't know where they were... Interestingly, though, one might wonder how close a link such a small transfusion would create."

Hans nodded at that.
"Well when taking a captive sometimes one have to, there is no other choice."
He muttered.
"The serum do look disgusting though, do it hurt?"
He frowned, "Not the serum itself, I think - but it's half again as much as a muscle can comfortably accommodate, I believe, so there's certainly discomfort. And, of course, there's apparently some degree of nausea, possibly a bit of a headache... I'm not looking forward to that bit."

"I is good not to do to others what one would not suffer oneself but are you sure this is safe Mr Wainwright?"
The Virtual Adept asked.
"Knowing more about the serum is a good idea though."
He nodded, "I will be in a time bubble, with individuals I would trust with my very Avatar, if not my life. I believe it will be as safe as it can be."

"I am glad it is not for the child Sir, she is so scared it would not be good for her."
The young nurse said as he worked on finding the equipment.
"You have a noble goal then."
He added and nodded.
He nodded, "Noblesse oblige, I suppose - I have power and agency, and as such, I need to use that right. If I don't make every effort to reduce suffering and help others make themselves better... what moral high ground would I really have claim to?"

"Lidocaine is used quite a bit but it will not be effective for this, it is great for anything that is done right under the skin, blood tests, injections of insulin, and it takes the edge of things as then you will feel little of the needle going through the skin itself, however it only work in the surface the the majority of the discomfort will come from the burn of the fluid and the stretching of the muscle, at least with lidocaine cream that will not help at all with that. When I have to use needles this thick I usually give a small lidocaine injection first that go deeply enough or use a cold spray, similar to the one used on warts, that will not take all of the discomfort but should make it allot more bearable."
The young man said in an experienced tone of voice as he added a small ice pack in a towel to the items he handed to you.
He nodded, "I'm uncomfortable with trying to give myself any more injections than absolutely necessary, though, so for the occasion, I suppose I'll just have to close my eyes and think of England. I'm no stranger to pain, after all..."

"Sometimes it is a shame the easier methods to stop magick from fairytales do not work eh Sir."
The nurse said.
"If there is no other options I guess one have to, and it is better than going into a violent Quiet but I hesitate to use rather painful injections on prisoners, it do not seam right to me, but then again I am just a Custos."
He smiled wryly, "Well, a completely mundane dagger still works well enough to impede any spellcaster, I should say... the traditional simple methods are still efficient, but very impractical for keeping prisoners intact... More enchanted bindings to hold captives would be nice to have available, but unfortunately, costs seem needlessly prohibitive. You would think the Council of Nine would consider subsidising the things... And no, using the injections on prisoners isn't right - but on the battlefield, it's quite likely right now, to turn a phrase. It's less objectionable as a means to take prisoners, I suppose, but there are better means for held captives - suppressive cells, for example."

"I don't think so Sir it can be set to measure things about the body, heart rhythm, foreign objects, glucose levels, cholesterol, anything of the sort If it can be used with contrast fluid I don't know you would have to talk with Mr Horton about that. I do know he have access to at least a CT scanner at the animal clinic he works on though and have taken mages there when the clinic was closed and something had to be done discreetly."
He nodded, "Very well, I shall have to ask him, then. Thank you, and good day."

He stepped over to Alex, "Ah, Dr. Horton, would you be able to help me get a scan of my brain in, oh, an hour's time? It's a bit of a time-critical issue, I'm afraid, and needs to be somewhat... discreet."
He frowned and drew James' gun, smoothly making sure it was unloaded and slipped it into the drawer by the bed, "Oh, and thank you for the loan; it served well. Wouldn't do to forget to return this."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:08 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Math, in and of itself, shouldn't be the obstacle, I think - it's in everything, or so they say. But like the Verbena say, magic isn't sterile and clean, it's messy and full of bodily fluids... I personally think there's a middle way between the two - after all, the Golden Ratio is everywhere in nature..."

"True enough, and technomagick is messy as well but in another way. I think it is more that it is easy to get stuck in our usual ways of doing things, and also that even if we know our points of view is only one Paradigm in many it is not easy to actually believe it as see that there are other ways to look at things."
Hans said and nodded.

He nodded, "I would not dare suggest to let even a few drops go astray where she wouldn't know where they were... Interestingly, though, one might wonder how close a link such a small transfusion would create."

"I think it would be a good idea not to let any of Lady Crexia's blood go to waste no and I do not know how much of a link such a small transfusion would create, again I am not an expert on the lichdom ritual or it's effect, perhaps the Lady herself will be able to give you a better estimate."
The Virtual Adept said and nodded.

He frowned, "Not the serum itself, I think - but it's half again as much as a muscle can comfortably accommodate, I believe, so there's certainly discomfort. And, of course, there's apparently some degree of nausea, possibly a bit of a headache... I'm not looking forward to that bit."

"That do sound most unpleasant indeed I guess it could be worse but even so not desirable."
Hans said and frowned deeply.

He nodded, "I will be in a time bubble, with individuals I would trust with my very Avatar, if not my life. I believe it will be as safe as it can be."

"I am glad you will be somewhere safe then Mr Wainwright I would be very uncomfortable if left without my magick...come to think of it since I Awakened I never have been without it I do not know how I would react."
The Virtual Adept said and frowned.

He nodded, "Noblesse oblige, I suppose - I have power and agency, and as such, I need to use that right. If I don't make every effort to reduce suffering and help others make themselves better... what moral high ground would I really have claim to?"

The young man nodded.
"I agree and we should figure out what the serum do, how it feels and what dangers are with it before doing to someone who is not willing. It is a good thing you are doing not many would do the same."
He said.
"There was some talk of giving the man over there with the wounded hands the serum but Mr Horton refused, he said as a Verditus tend to be useless without their tools just keeping an eye on him is enough and after what he have been through it would not be moral to do anything to him against his will if it is possible to avoid."
He said and nodded towards William.

He nodded, "I'm uncomfortable with trying to give myself any more injections than absolutely necessary, though, so for the occasion, I suppose I'll just have to close my eyes and think of England. I'm no stranger to pain, after all..."

"I can take care of it if you wish Mr Wainwright, at least the local anesthetic it needs fifteen minutes or two to work and then the area will be numb for an hour or so."
He offered.
"Being used to pain and causing oneself pain is two different things Sir."
The young psychic said.
"Just an offer if you would prefer it other than that I do find a cold spray to work fairly well."

He smiled wryly, "Well, a completely mundane dagger still works well enough to impede any spellcaster, I should say... the traditional simple methods are still efficient, but very impractical for keeping prisoners intact...

"And it create more work for us here in the infirmary when said prisoners are returned to the Chantry."
The young man said with a bit of humor in his voice.
"But yes a mage die as easily as anyone else...most of the time."

More enchanted bindings to hold captives would be nice to have available, but unfortunately, costs seem needlessly prohibitive. You would think the Council of Nine would consider subsidising the things...

"I think perhaps f the Council where to trust the work of linear magi more, creating permanent enchantments is difficult for Dynamic mages however a hedge wizard can do it fairly easily so perhaps paying hedge wizards to create such restraints is the way to do. What the Council might considering subsidizing however that I do not know Sir."
He said carefully.

And no, using the injections on prisoners isn't right - but on the battlefield, it's quite likely right now, to turn a phrase. It's less objectionable as a means to take prisoners, I suppose, but there are better means for held captives - suppressive cells, for example."

"I agree Sir one thing is what is done to take someone prisoner another thing is subjecting a helpless captive to painful injections day after day, it do not sound right to me."

He nodded, "Very well, I shall have to ask him, then. Thank you, and good day."

"My pleasure Sir glad I could help and good luck."
The nurse said before he returned to taking inventory.

He stepped over to Alex, "Ah, Dr. Horton, would you be able to help me get a scan of my brain in, oh, an hour's time? It's a bit of a time-critical issue, I'm afraid, and needs to be somewhat... discreet."

Alex looked up from where he was checking James' puls and raised an eyebrow.
"A brain scan, a magickal one or a mundane one? Hum...in either case I should be able to do that yes if a mundane one you will have to lower your pride enough to let me use scanners intended for animals though."
He said and smiled a little.

He frowned and drew James' gun, smoothly making sure it was unloaded and slipped it into the drawer by the bed, "Oh, and thank you for the loan; it served well. Wouldn't do to forget to return this."

You see that Leon had come up to sit with his brother but the tired Jerbiton had fallen asleep by his brother's bedside. James gave you a strained smile.
"Thank you...Mr Wainwrgiht...did we win?"
The Fortunae muttered he was clearly still in allot of pain but was looking a little better.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:27 pm

"It should not be to dangerous for a one time use I think...perhaps indeed testing it on a prisoner would have been better but then again that give a sour taste of the Union now don't it." Crexia said and frowned. "I do think you Cabalmate will be fine even if I do not like...that serum's continued use after what he found out about it."

"I'm not really suggesting that either," he sighed. "But we do know that some people are already on the stuff, and it's been used in the past as well." He shrugged. "Well, I hope he'll be ok."

"Feel free to make whatever phone calls you need Sodalis do not let us stop you." Crexia said as she re filled Olamide's coffee mug.

"Crap, better do that now, excuse me." He made a face and pulled out his phone, dialling up his pater.

"Hum...that is probably wise, it is not to important though I can pull the spell of alone, I have allot of experience with that."
Crexia said, not bragging simply flatly matter of factly she knew very well what she can do.
"But as long as the Nephandi are looking for Chronomancers we should try to keep ours safe."

"Alright, then," he said with a nod.

Udella smiled to you. "I have not been at it for a week before this day my young Sodalis do not worry about insulting me, I am an old woman and my body is starting to catch us but yes prolonged spellwork costs, I have to admit everything ache, and even my old Avatar wants a bit of a rest now, he is a fine old gentleman but he is reminding me that we are both well out of our glory days."

"You're an inspiration to me, ma'am, if you don't mind me saying so."

He smiled thinly and typed back, 'Excellent. Be right there. J give you sound file?'

'Y; haven't listened yet. Soon.'
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:36 pm

"I'm not really suggesting that either," he sighed. "But we do know that some people are already on the stuff, and it's been used in the past as well." He shrugged. "Well, I hope he'll be ok."

"True we could send those we have already injected with the serum to have them tested. I will among other things contact a former client who was on the foul stuff for a year as a punishment."
Udella said and nodded and Crexia sigh.
"There is also the trouble that one of the ways to discover the damage done by it according to Mr Wainwrgiht's vision is contrast fluid mixed with...lich blood. If what he claim turn out to be correct some solution have to be found so we can screen those who have been on the serum but for now I am hesitant to let my blood be injected into a prisoner, and enemy."
The old Tytalus said and frowned.

"Crap, better do that now, excuse me." He made a face and pulled out his phone, dialling up his pater.

Jeffry picked up the phone after a couple of rings, you heard that he was still quite tired but he appeared to have gotten a little rest at least.
"Ah mea filius, what can I do for you?"
He asked.

"You're an inspiration to me, ma'am, if you don't mind me saying so."

Udella smiled kindly.
"Thank you my young Sodalis for your warming words, I am afraid you are to kind though, I am merely an old woman who handle the legal paperwork on the Horizon Umbral port and take a client now and again in the legal system."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:17 pm

"No it would probably not be to plesant not for us but your faction probably will never notice it happening such conflict usually takes place in the Umbra."
Siege said and sigh.

"Do the leaders normally fight in those conflicts? Or just command troops from the shadows? Or is it just a free-for-all?" Serge wondered.

"That is unlikely, a dissident being captured, publicly tortured, raped, potentially Gigulled and then killed in some spectacularly fear inspiring manner is more likely if someone speak up against the Lady, though I guess every so often a leader is assassinated in such a way or a murder is hidden as a accident but generally justice is doled out quite...brutally."

"Of course...." Serge said in a defeated manner. "Have you ever seen such justice like that doled out before or only heard about it?"

"Well yes hopefully the Traditions will not bring someone so young to war."
The prisoner said softly.

"We're all in this war whether we're fighting or not." Serge commented softly. "I'll just hope that I don't need to be doing any fighting any time soon. Either that or learn how to fire a gun."

"I guess you better stay ducked down behind Mr Shark Sword's back then he seamed to be hearty enough, annoyingly so."
Siege said and glanced at you.
"But yeah shit happens in war, and invading a Labyrinth is not a wise thing to do."

"Forget standing behind him, I'd probably be standing far away from the fight looking at it through binoculars, shouting the occasional encouragements, and drawing the battle in a sketchbook." Serge said humorously.

"And forget invading a labyrinth, from the sounds of things just finding a labyrinth seems like a pain." Serge said.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:24 pm

"Do the leaders normally fight in those conflicts? Or just command troops from the shadows? Or is it just a free-for-all?" Serge wondered.

"That is to much information than I am willing to share."
Siege said calmly.

"Of course...." Serge said in a defeated manner. "Have you ever seen such justice like that doled out before or only heard about it?"

"I have...seen it yes."
The prisoner said darkly.

"We're all in this war whether we're fighting or not." Serge commented softly. "I'll just hope that I don't need to be doing any fighting any time soon. Either that or learn how to fire a gun."

"Learning how to shoot can be useful yes."
Siege said then she shook his head.
"But getting in a fight like that is not good it is far better to stay away, but as you say we are all in this war, avoiding it can be hard."

"Forget standing behind him, I'd probably be standing far away from the fight looking at it through binoculars, shouting the occasional encouragements, and drawing the battle in a sketchbook." Serge said humorously.

"That would probably be safer, then again bullets and fireballs not to mention curses reach far."
Siege said and shrugged.

"And forget invading a labyrinth, from the sounds of things just finding a labyrinth seems like a pain." Serge said.

"Well we do try to avoid becoming a target when at all possible, most of our works are done in the shadows after all."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:59 pm

"That is to much information than I am willing to share."
Siege said calmly.

"I'm going to pretend like its a fistfight because its funny imagining powerful mages beating the shit out of each other with their fists in a whole other dimension." Serge said with a smile.

"I have...seen it yes."
The prisoner said darkly.

"What did the guy say?" Serge asked with morbid curiosity. "Did he make a public statement against your leader or did he say something unflattering and your leader caught wind of it."

"That would probably be safer, then again bullets and fireballs not to mention curses reach far."
Siege said and shrugged.

"Trust me, I have experience with far-reaching curses." Serge said with a sly smile, remembering his magickal studies. "I'm more afraid of those bullets though. Did you use a gun in that fight with Shark Sword or did you prefer your lucky-punching style of fighting?"

"Well we do try to avoid becoming a target when at all possible, most of our works are done in the shadows after all."

"Most peoples work is done in the shadows isn't it? Nobody wants to let the other side know what their doing. Skulking around in the shadows, backroom deals, double-agents infiltrating the other side, and other fun stuff. It's like a spy movie." Serge said.

Serge carefully glanced over at Siege at the mention of "double-agents" and made a quick note of Siege's facial features to see if he reacts.

((OOC: Rolling Perception+Empathy to see if Siege reacts in any way to the casual mention of double-agents. Rolled: 4, 9, 7, 3))
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:31 pm

"I'm going to pretend like its a fistfight because its funny imagining powerful mages beating the shit out of each other with their fists in a whole other dimension." Serge said with a smile.

"Well now that would be really funny actually."
Siege said and grinned.

"What did the guy say?" Serge asked with morbid curiosity. "Did he make a public statement against your leader or did he say something unflattering and your leader caught wind of it."

"He refused an order, he had a young apprentice and refused to force the girl into the Caul, well you can't actually force someone but he refused to give her the choice of entering the Caul or die, our leader did not react to well to that. Our justice is fast and brutal though there is little room for mistakes."

"Trust me, I have experience with far-reaching curses." Serge said with a sly smile, remembering his magickal studies. "I'm more afraid of those bullets though. Do you use a gun or do you prefer your lucky-punching style of fighting?"

"Well bullets are usually faster than curses but a well crafted curse will make you long for something as simple as a bullet, as for me yes I use a firearm, it is a practical weapon."
Siege said and nodded.

"Most peoples work is done in the shadows isn't it? Nobody wants to let the other side know what their doing. Skulking around in the shadows, backroom deals, double-agents infiltrating the other side, and other fun stuff. It's like a spy movie." Serge said.

"It is a little less exiting and allot more deadly in real life but yes, few things are as they seam, everyone want something and there is allot of dealings going on that can not stand the light of day."
Siege said and smiled a little.
"Some have more need for secrecy than others though."

Serge carefully glanced over at Siege at the mention of "double-agents" and made a quick note of Siege's facial features to see if he reacts.

The Nephandus did not react much, perhaps there was a hint of hope there as if the only hope he had left was that some Nephandi hidden among the Traditions might save him but he clearly did not put much stock in that, it did not appear as if it was some sort of touchy subject at least.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:56 pm

"True enough, and technomagick is messy as well but in another way. I think it is more that it is easy to get stuck in our usual ways of doing things, and also that even if we know our points of view is only one Paradigm in many it is not easy to actually believe it as see that there are other ways to look at things."
Hans said and nodded.
Colin shrugged, "I shall admit, if there's one Tradition I have difficulties understanding the Paradigm of, it's the Akashic Brothers - from what I can tell, it all seems very self-centered, if you will; all taking place within oneself, and that... just seems wrong to me. Bugger if I know how I would explain to one of their number how do fuel Quintessence directly into something without exposing their Avatar..."

"I think it would be a good idea not to let any of Lady Crexia's blood go to waste no and I do not know how much of a link such a small transfusion would create, again I am not an expert on the lichdom ritual or it's effect, perhaps the Lady herself will be able to give you a better estimate."
The Virtual Adept said and nodded.
He nodded, "She's been around for over a millennium - the issue might have come up once or twice in all those years..."

"I am glad you will be somewhere safe then Mr Wainwright I would be very uncomfortable if left without my magick...come to think of it since I Awakened I never have been without it I do not know how I would react."
The Virtual Adept said and frowned.
He grinned, "Well, that's easier to rectify than you might expect. Bring a laptop down to the dampened cell downstairs once it has been vacated, and take a break with a good movie or some light mental exercises or catch-up work. It's... initially unsettling to step inside there, I shall admit, but it's hardly as distressing as it would be to be dragged in there in shackles."

The young man nodded.
"I agree and we should figure out what the serum do, how it feels and what dangers are with it before doing to someone who is not willing. It is a good thing you are doing not many would do the same."
He said.
"There was some talk of giving the man over there with the wounded hands the serum but Mr Horton refused, he said as a Verditus tend to be useless without their tools just keeping an eye on him is enough and after what he have been through it would not be moral to do anything to him against his will if it is possible to avoid."
He said and nodded towards William.
He nodded, "The good doctor is correct - the poor man is more of a freed slave than a prisoner; subjecting him to the serum after all he has been through would be... cruel."

"I can take care of it if you wish Mr Wainwright, at least the local anesthetic it needs fifteen minutes or two to work and then the area will be numb for an hour or so."
He offered.
"Being used to pain and causing oneself pain is two different things Sir."
The young psychic said.
"Just an offer if you would prefer it other than that I do find a cold spray to work fairly well."
He nodded, "I appreciate the offer - God, do I ever - but I don't know how long I will be walking around beforehand, and I've not quite decided which muscle I should place the dose in. Besides, which spot you could easily reach and which spot I could easily reach with the needle is bound to be a little different..."

"I think perhaps f the Council where to trust the work of linear magi more, creating permanent enchantments is difficult for Dynamic mages however a hedge wizard can do it fairly easily so perhaps paying hedge wizards to create such restraints is the way to do. What the Council might considering subsidizing however that I do not know Sir."
He said carefully.
He nodded, "I will have to make a few notes of skilled Linear workers for an urgent commission, in fact..."

"My pleasure Sir glad I could help and good luck."
The nurse said before he returned to taking inventory.
He nodded with a small smile.

Alex looked up from where he was checking James' puls and raised an eyebrow.
"A brain scan, a magickal one or a mundane one? Hum...in either case I should be able to do that yes if a mundane one you will have to lower your pride enough to let me use scanners intended for animals though."
He said and smiled a little.
He arched an eyebrow, "Is there really much of a difference? But, to be specific, a CT scan with modified contrast fluid - I'll give you the details later. So long as my head fits, my pride should be fine."

You see that Leon had come up to sit with his brother but the tired Jerbiton had fallen asleep by his brother's bedside. James gave you a strained smile.
"Thank you...Mr Wainwrgiht...did we win?"
The Fortunae muttered he was clearly still in allot of pain but was looking a little better.
He nodded with a smile, "We won, Chicago is safe from Abigail, we captured her and miss Carlyle alive, and... it seems our losses were minimal. Several casualties, of course, but very few fatalities. Now, you get some rest; your brother is going to be fussing over you for a couple of weeks, I expect, and you'll want to be sufficiently rested to berate him for it, won't you?"

'Y; haven't listened yet. Soon.'
He nodded to himself and typed back, 'Not in public, obviously.'

He stretched his shoulders briefly, and headed down toward the cafeteria after getting the last things in order. Now for that cup of tea he had sacrificed earlier...
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top