Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Warpmind on Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:53 pm

Anna's eyes widened and she looked at you.
"I...am not going to say anything Mentor but how is that possible."
Colin winked slyly, "It usually isn't. But i will explain later, when we're in a more private location."

The little girl nodded and she sobbed more and shook her head.
"None of this is right!"
She declared.
He shook his head, "No, it isn't... it's a nasty war, and sometimes, what's right is impossible in the face of what's necessary."

"He is not really unpredictable or anything he is just old, really old, he is more slow and lazy than someone that like the change things."
She said and shook her head.
He nodded, "I must admit, I haven't studied Avatars well enough to know everything yet. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that he'll act when he thinks he has to, and will do so fairly swiftly?"

"What if both where on a open field and just could let loose with their magick and toss spells at one another who would win?"
The little girl asked eagerly.
He scratched his ear thoughtfully, "I think... Lady Crexia would win under those circumstances, only because she is a lot more durable than a normal human. She's a lich, if you know what that is, and while Gabriel might have more raw offensive power, she is more level-headed and practical, and vastly more physically resilient."

Anna looked down sadly.
"I don't like that...I don't like that at all but it is better than never being allowed to use magick again."
She said she was clearly quite concerned about the notion of being kept from her magick over long periods of time.
He nodded, "I know... no Mage likes to be kept from their magic, but if I'm to save you and your Dragon, that's the way it will have to be. I will try to arrange a few outings where you can stretch your wings a little - perhaps a stroll in the park on weekends, carefully supervised, can be arranged? You will have to be on your best behaviour, though."

Anna looked rather fearful.
"That sounds bad, I would not like that."
She declared.
"You promise not to let anyone give me that serum?"
She asked fearfully.
He nodded, "I promise, to the extent of my ability. And honestly, you may have saved a couple of other lives from the side effects of the serum, too. Well, haven't just yet, but give it a few days for the expert analysis of things to be performed..."

"What is the point in following some law if it is not right?"
Anna asked angrily.
"Can a good lawyer save them from Gilgul?"
She wanted to know.
He sighed, "The point in following a bad law is that you then have the possibility of working within the legal system to change it. Someone known for breaking a law - let's say, for example, a drunk driver wanting to abolish DUI laws - won't have a leg to stand on if they try to do something about the law in question. Not legally and not morally. Someone who has obeyed the law while protesting it all the while does have the moral foundation to change the bad law without seeming like a self-serving opportunist."
He frowned, "And... probably not, no... Not as the law is right now. But, a good lawyer can make the case stretch out for some time, and if we work hard and fast to change the law, that can change the seemingly inevitable outcome."

"Well it would be pretty stupid to put the counterspeller right on the front like since that will then be the first target, however I would not want to just hide while my allies where in danger either."
Anna protested.
He grinned, "Well, you would need some place where you could see well enough to work on the fly, so you might not be quite so hidden far from the battle."

Anna seamed a bit concerned still.
"Is she going to stick the adults with needles Mentor?"
She asked. Kristina looked at the young Nephanda as she placed her crystals.
"Probably some of them but only the ones who want to. I heard some of the incoming muttering about all the tetanus shots, and some have cuts that needs stitches but mostly it will be magickal healing but no one will do anything to anyone against their will and not to you either little one."
The Verbena said Anna did not not seam convinced but she sigh and nodded.
"I guess that makes sense some places in the Labyrinth is dirty I have gotten sick from cuts and scrapes several times but it was healed."
She eventually agreed.
"I guess if they want it themselves and are not forced then it is ok."
He nodded, "I got my tetanus shot earlier today... and I am glad of it; there were a few places I was none too happy to touch with... superficial burns."

"I find them to be practical tools, especially when using blood are impractical, you see my husband is a vampire and bleeding around him can be a problem at times so I had to change my working tools a bit."
Kristina said as she put one crystal in a sort of spiral and hung it on a necklace around Anna's neck the little girl lifting the pendant and looking at it, then the Verbena took another crystal, held it against the one in the spiral for a while and seamed to concentrate then she handed you the second crystal.
"If Anna gets worse, or very scared or in otherwise are in distress or danger this crystal will crack or shatter, that will let you know if something is wrong."
She told you as she handed you the piece of quartz.
"Ok then are everything in hand then, the crystal grid on the table are for her heart and breathing and will have a calming effect the one under the bed are for protection...I should get down to the portal room and help out with the wounded unless you two need me for anything else."
Kristina said.
"Thank you ma'am."
Anna said and Kristina smiled.
"My pleasure little one."
He nodded, "The quartz crystal will be an efficient alert, then. Thank you... Hum, how long will that effect last? A matter of hours? Until tomorrow? A month? Until the end of time?"
He smiled, "Hopefully, the others are not significantly worse for wear - except Adley, who's become a little anemic. What you call Heart's Blood - it's a bit of a complicated story, and I need to discuss some details about it with you in any case... once things quiet down."

"What is a Hobbit Mentor?"
Anna muttered but her eyes where sliding shut and shortly thereafter she was sleeping, one small hand holding the covers she seamed far more relaxed now. After about ten minutes Adjan came up he gently knocked on the door and when he saw Anna sleeping he whispered.
"I was told you wanted to see me Colin, that you needed a babysitter."
He said, blood had been cleaned of his face though his clothes where still dirty and the gash that ran from this temple to his cheek had been stitched up, his skin was blotchy with freshly healed pink skin though so it was clear that his injuries had been far worse.
He smiled to Anna, "I'm the one telling the story, and Hobbits will be explained bit by bit. But they are a small people with big, hairy feet and a fondness for farming."
As Adjan entered, he nodded and stood up, "Yes, thank you... Meet Anna, my apprentice. She... told me a few weeks into the future that you had comforted her when she was worried. I can think of none I'd trust more to offer a compassionate eye while I am running other errands and getting a little R&R myself for a few minutes, before we return to Boston. There are a couple of things you need to know - she is Fallen; she went through the Caul in this life, and she has a fragile heart, she won't survive an attack on her Avatar. Her future self - weeks, months and years ahead - has been instrumental in saving our lives, in particular by giving me the emergency shutoff talisman for the Oblivion portal in the Labyrinth's main Node today... Also, she is wearing a pair of suppressing handcuffs on one wrist; those are not to come off until a better replacement is available, and the accursed serum is out of the question. I'll explain more about that later..."
He gave Adjan a quick once-over and held up the piece of quartz, "I see that the healers are quite efficient; I ought to get my own burns treated, now that Anna is not going to die from panic right away... if there's a crisis, I've got a babycall of sorts, so all I need is that you keep an eye on her, make sure no-one tries anything involving needles or her head, and have a chat with her if she wakes up. Is that alright?"

((OOC: Yay, board game! Very Happy ))

((OOC2: You know, I'd actually almost expect the Nephandi to order their... interior decor from Bad Dragon, rather than IKEA. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:00 pm

The Nephandus looked at you, regarding you for a moment then he gave a measured smile.
"Thank you, I was getting hungry."
He said but then he gently pulled on the strips that held his wrists to the radiator.
"Eating might be a bit of a problem though."
He added wryly.

Serge gave a slight chuckle and said "Yeah I can see that. I would ask them to unlock you to let you eat but.... Serge slowly glanced back at the group of guard mages, "I don't think that's my decision to make."

Serge, of course, had absolutely no intention of unlocking the prisoner. However he hoped that his friendly suggestion might make the prisoner more trusting and friendlier towards him.

Looking at the Nephanus's torn clothing torn and bloody clothing, Serge said, "Anyways, from the looks of things it seems you had a much more interesting day than I did. By the way, my name is Serge. How about you?"

((OOC: Ah yes IKEA. The best place for evil lunatic mages bent on total world destruction to buy their furniture from Smile.))
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:41 pm

Colin:

Colin winked slyly, "It usually isn't. But i will explain later, when we're in a more private location."

Anna gave you a bit of a smile though she still seamed very sad and angry.
"Ok, I guess I will wait Mentor."
She muttered.

He shook his head, "No, it isn't... it's a nasty war, and sometimes, what's right is impossible in the face of what's necessary."

"Yes but there are degrees of wrong Mentor and Gilgulling people are really really wrong!"
The little girl said angrily and she continued to sob.

He nodded, "I must admit, I haven't studied Avatars well enough to know everything yet. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that he'll act when he thinks he has to, and will do so fairly swiftly?"

"I do not think he will be very swift with anything, it is like if he is a old man after a long life, wise but now lazy preferring to lay in the sun and relax over running around."
Anna said considering.

He scratched his ear thoughtfully, "I think... Lady Crexia would win under those circumstances, only because she is a lot more durable than a normal human. She's a lich, if you know what that is, and while Gabriel might have more raw offensive power, she is more level-headed and practical, and vastly more physically resilient."

"I guess you are right Mentor and I have heard of liches but I do not completely know what it would entail being one just that it is something Hermetics do sometimes and it is a big process but then they stop aging and stuff."
The young Nephanda said and plucked at her sock.
"And that is pretty neat."

He nodded, "I know... no Mage likes to be kept from their magic, but if I'm to save you and your Dragon, that's the way it will have to be. I will try to arrange a few outings where you can stretch your wings a little - perhaps a stroll in the park on weekends, carefully supervised, can be arranged? You will have to be on your best behaviour, though."

Anna sigh and looked down she looked rather sad.
"I will be on my best behavior and I understand I am a prisoner but it still sucks and it makes me sad."
She muttered very clearly not happy about the situation, not happy at all.

He nodded, "I promise, to the extent of my ability. And honestly, you may have saved a couple of other lives from the side effects of the serum, too. Well, haven't just yet, but give it a few days for the expert analysis of things to be performed..."

"I don't understand I have not even heard of this serum how could I have saved anyone? Is this one of yoru visions Mentor? The timy wimy ball you talked about?"
She asked and looked up curiously.

He sighed, "The point in following a bad law is that you then have the possibility of working within the legal system to change it. Someone known for breaking a law - let's say, for example, a drunk driver wanting to abolish DUI laws - won't have a leg to stand on if they try to do something about the law in question. Not legally and not morally. Someone who has obeyed the law while protesting it all the while does have the moral foundation to change the bad law without seeming like a self-serving opportunist."

"Can't we just shoot those who get in the way? A bad law have no power if no one obeys it and ignore it."
The little girl said matter of factly.

He frowned, "And... probably not, no... Not as the law is right now. But, a good lawyer can make the case stretch out for some time, and if we work hard and fast to change the law, that can change the seemingly inevitable outcome."

"Do you think the law can be changed quickly enough?"
The little girl asked sadly.
"Can's we just break them out?"

He grinned, "Well, you would need some place where you could see well enough to work on the fly, so you might not be quite so hidden far from the battle."

Anna just nodded at that.

He nodded, "I got my tetanus shot earlier today... and I am glad of it; there were a few places I was none too happy to touch with... superficial burns."

Anna gave you a concerned look.
"Are you sure the needle did not get into your brain or any part of it Mentor...and did it hurt?"
She asked nervously.

He nodded, "The quartz crystal will be an efficient alert, then. Thank you... Hum, how long will that effect last? A matter of hours? Until tomorrow? A month? Until the end of time?"

Kristina considered looking at the quartz crystal.
"The effect should last for a couple of weeks you should be able to see I assume when there is no magick left in it, I could make the effect permanent but I would need Quintessence to do that and I do not have very much on me, or in my system at the moment."

He smiled, "Hopefully, the others are not significantly worse for wear - except Adley, who's become a little anemic. What you call Heart's Blood - it's a bit of a complicated story, and I need to discuss some details about it with you in any case... once things quiet down."

"Ah yes...he is Flambeau they would know that rote."
Kristina said and frowned.
"Tell him to eat a heathy meal, meat if he is not a vegetarian and get plenty of rest that helps."
She advices.
"I will be happy to discuss it with you as soon as there is time Colin."

He smiled to Anna, "I'm the one telling the story, and Hobbits will be explained bit by bit. But they are a small people with big, hairy feet and a fondness for farming."

"They sound cute...ok Mentor I won't talk I will just listen."
Anna said and she pulled her covers up to her nose and glanced at you over them and smiled expectantly.

As Adjan entered, he nodded and stood up, "Yes, thank you... Meet Anna, my apprentice. She... told me a few weeks into the future that you had comforted her when she was worried. I can think of none I'd trust more to offer a compassionate eye while I am running other errands and getting a little R&R myself for a few minutes, before we return to Boston.

Adjan looked at the sleeping child and smiled.
"Congratulations on getting an apprentice. I have often taken care of Jane when Hildegard have needed a sitter for her, I am honored you would trust me with that, I can take care of her but perhaps I should see if I can find a shirt that is not bloody so I don't scare her."
He said not commenting on your future visions he was getting used to your strangeness by now.

There are a couple of things you need to know - she is Fallen; she went through the Caul in this life, and she has a fragile heart, she won't survive an attack on her Avatar. Her future self - weeks, months and years ahead - has been instrumental in saving our lives, in particular by giving me the emergency shutoff talisman for the Oblivion portal in the Labyrinth's main Node today... Also, she is wearing a pair of suppressing handcuffs on one wrist; those are not to come off until a better replacement is available, and the accursed serum is out of the question. I'll explain more about that later..."

The death magus listened and nodded he raised an eyebrow when you said Anna was Fallen but did not comment on it.
"Very well I will keep the cuffs on and keep her safe and keep that serum away from her."
He agreed.

He gave Adjan a quick once-over and held up the piece of quartz, "I see that the healers are quite efficient; I ought to get my own burns treated, now that Anna is not going to die from panic right away... if there's a crisis, I've got a babycall of sorts, so all I need is that you keep an eye on her, make sure no-one tries anything involving needles or her head, and have a chat with her if she wakes up. Is that alright?"

The Euthanatos touched the side of his face and winced.
"Yeah that young Verbena, Andy she did not give a last name, she is quite skilled she saved my life."
He said then he nodded and looked at your leg.
"Yeah you should probably have that seen to it do not look comfortable."
He then looked at the sleeping girl and the crystal.
"Magickal babycall, practical...I will keep an eye on her and keep her company if she wake up and not let anyone harm her...she is afraid of needles then since you mention that specifically? Poor little thing I will take care of her not a problem."
He agreed.

Sarge:

Serge gave a slight chuckle and said "Yeah I can see that. I would ask them to unlock you to let you eat but.... Serge slowly glanced back at the group of guard mages, "I don't think that's my decision to make."

"I doubt they will agree to that."
The prisoner said bitterly. Ryan just shook his head and told you.
"He will do just about anything to die before he can be taken to Horizon for trial so no, we can not take the chance of that you are going to have to hold the food for him."
The Nephandus sigh hearing that.
"Yeah I did not expect anything else..."

Looking at the Nephanus's torn clothing torn and bloody clothing, Serge said, "Anyways, from the looks of things it seems you had a much more interesting day than I did. By the way, my name is Serge. How about you?"

"Well if running into a Traditionalist hedge wizard, a shaman with a nasty, and I do mean nasty sword and a very angry ehm...thing with claws and teeth, lots and lots of teeth is interesting in your book then yes last night was a hoot."
The Nephandus commented wryly then he glanced up at you.
"My name is Siege, well it was once I was given a new name when I joined the Nephandi but I doubt your ears would appreciate it if I spoke it, well not unless you have been very naughty our language just do not sound...right to those who are not Fallen."
He said with a bit of a measured smile though he was clearly still rather nervous.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:43 pm

"Yes but there are degrees of wrong Mentor and Gilgulling people are really really wrong!"
The little girl said angrily and she continued to sob.
Colin nodded, "It is. I've... in almost all cases, I think it is excessive. But changing such an old behemoth like Tradition law is slow."

"I do not think he will be very swift with anything, it is like if he is a old man after a long life, wise but now lazy preferring to lay in the sun and relax over running around."
Anna said considering.
He grinned, "I need to get some old Hong Kong movies. There are few people who move faster than wise old men who get their meditation in the sun interrupted by a young upstart."

"I guess you are right Mentor and I have heard of liches but I do not completely know what it would entail being one just that it is something Hermetics do sometimes and it is a big process but then they stop aging and stuff."
The young Nephanda said and plucked at her sock.
"And that is pretty neat."
He nodded, "That's basically it. There is more to it than that, but that seems to cover most of it."

Anna sigh and looked down she looked rather sad.
"I will be on my best behavior and I understand I am a prisoner but it still sucks and it makes me sad."
She muttered very clearly not happy about the situation, not happy at all.
He smiled, "Don't be too worried. There'll be people around your own age, with whom you'll get to talk and play a little, too - I'll not have you stay isolated all day."

"I don't understand I have not even heard of this serum how could I have saved anyone? Is this one of yoru visions Mentor? The timy wimy ball you talked about?"
She asked and looked up curiously.
He nodded, "The timey-wimey ball. In five years, as that timeline went, you were incredibly brave, and allowed a very good doctor to give you an injection of a liquid that shows things on medical scanners... and take pictures of your brain. I saw those pictures, and what I saw will save Allison's life, and others. Paradox be damned, you allowed me a chance to change the timeline, and I'm going to do just that."

"Can't we just shoot those who get in the way? A bad law have no power if no one obeys it and ignore it."
The little girl said matter of factly.
He shook his head, "There are too many too powerful people who will defend the use of that practice. We can't shoot them all, and the public won't ignore it... Your suggestion is pragmatic, but not very practical, I'm afraid... No, what is needed is giving the public a shock and forcing a shift in public opinion... that's going to take a little while."

"Do you think the law can be changed quickly enough?"
The little girl asked sadly.
"Can's we just break them out?"
He pondered, "It's possible the change can be provoked early... I don't know, I don't have any way to directly influence that... but it is possible. Breaking them out, though... no, not a viable plan."

Anna gave you a concerned look.
"Are you sure the needle did not get into your brain or any part of it Mentor...and did it hurt?"
She asked nervously.
He smiled, "It's virtually impossible to accidentally break a needle when the recipient is not fighting it - none of the needle went anywhere other than back out of my... skin. And of course it stung a little. Slightly less than a cat's scratch."

Kristina considered looking at the quartz crystal.
"The effect should last for a couple of weeks you should be able to see I assume when there is no magick left in it, I could make the effect permanent but I would need Quintessence to do that and I do not have very much on me, or in my system at the moment."
He nodded, "A couple of weeks - excellent, I should be able to get a quite mundane heart monitor before then. I, ah, would offer you some Tass for it, but you really don't want the Labyrinthian stuff. I can use it safely for battle magic, but I wouldn't want to see it used for... well, anything closer to home, or anything lasting."

"Ah yes...he is Flambeau they would know that rote."
Kristina said and frowned.
"Tell him to eat a heathy meal, meat if he is not a vegetarian and get plenty of rest that helps."
She advices.
"I will be happy to discuss it with you as soon as there is time Colin."
He shook his head sadly, "I'm afraid you won't be happy to discuss it with me... but discuss it we must. But it's not a topic for here and now..."

"They sound cute...ok Mentor I won't talk I will just listen."
Anna said and she pulled her covers up to her nose and glanced at you over them and smiled expectantly.
He grinned and continued the story.

Adjan looked at the sleeping child and smiled.
"Congratulations on getting an apprentice. I have often taken care of Jane when Hildegard have needed a sitter for her, I am honored you would trust me with that, I can take care of her but perhaps I should see if I can find a shirt that is not bloody so I don't scare her."
He said not commenting on your future visions he was getting used to your strangeness by now.
He nodded, "There's a little paperwork to finish up first, including my formal early advancement to Adept, but I trust Master Steelhaven to get that done expediently. And then, of course, the paperwork to formally acknowledge our Mentor-apprentice relationship. Hum, I don't think the bloody shirt is going to scare her, but as a matter of hygiene, it would probably be best."

The death magus listened and nodded he raised an eyebrow when you said Anna was Fallen but did not comment on it.
"Very well I will keep the cuffs on and keep her safe and keep that serum away from her."
He agreed.
He smiled, "Thank you. You may wonder about my sanity in taking in a Fallen child... but I've seen the future. In five years' time, she will have made great progress in meticulously bringing her Avatar back to the light. In fact... hum, she will be producing an odd sand - her Glass Dragon trying to become a beach - a sand which has some peculiar effects on other Fallen. And she asked me for help, some seven or so years ago, when she first saw me in the Labyrinth. Future me will apparently project me further back in time... she offered me her doll in exchange for saving her mother... I couldn't save the poor woman then, nor can I now, but in the future... I will certainly make an effort to do so."

The Euthanatos touched the side of his face and winced.
"Yeah that young Verbena, Andy she did not give a last name, she is quite skilled she saved my life."
He said then he nodded and looked at your leg.
"Yeah you should probably have that seen to it do not look comfortable."
He then looked at the sleeping girl and the crystal.
"Magickal babycall, practical...I will keep an eye on her and keep her company if she wake up and not let anyone harm her...she is afraid of needles then since you mention that specifically? Poor little thing I will take care of her not a problem."
He agreed.
He nodded, replying dryly, "Just superficial primal burns - they sting a little. Apparently, the Keeper of the Labyrinth took my taunts personally."
He sighed, "Her previous Mentor was Gabriel, Abigail's second-in-command... he enjoyed recreational lobotomy, and made his student watch. The outcome... was something everyone but he was able to see."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:49 pm

"Well if running into a Traditionalist hedge wizard, a shaman with a nasty, and I do mean nasty sword and a very angry ehm...thing with claws and teeth, lots and lots of teeth is interesting in your book then yes last night was a hoot."
The Nephandus commented wryly then he glanced up at you.

"Sounds like a fun crowd to hang around with." Serge joked. "So you fought a wizard, a shaman swordsmen and some kind of mosnter? Damn that sounds like an awesome tv show!" Serge said with a chuckle trying to lighten the mood in an effort to make Siege more talkative.

"My name is Siege, well it was once I was given a new name when I joined the Nephandi but I doubt your ears would appreciate it if I spoke it, well not unless you have been very naughty our language just do not sound...right to those who are not Fallen."
He said with a bit of a measured smile though he was clearly still rather nervous.

"That's a nice name. Not all that common, at least not where I'm from." Serge said trying to calm down the man's nerves even more.

"I don't think I need to hear your real name. I like having functioning ears. Although I didn't know your group had their own language. You Nephandi are all just one big happy family aren't you?" Serge said nonchalantly as he slowly glanced towards Siege to see his reaction to the statement. Siege's reaction and answer to the question might provide clues as to why the Nephandi have been attacking their own.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:39 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "It is. I've... in almost all cases, I think it is excessive. But changing such an old behemoth like Tradition law is slow."

"Someone who is a mage should be allowed to die a mage!"
Anna demanded.
"The law should just be ignored."

He grinned, "I need to get some old Hong Kong movies. There are few people who move faster than wise old men who get their meditation in the sun interrupted by a young upstart."

The little girl grinned a little at that.

He nodded, "That's basically it. There is more to it than that, but that seems to cover most of it."

"Well that is pretty cool then."
The little girl announced.
"Why would not everyone want to be a lich?"

He smiled, "Don't be too worried. There'll be people around your own age, with whom you'll get to talk and play a little, too - I'll not have you stay isolated all day."

"Well that is good I would not want to be isolated in a dungeon all day but I am still concerned about my magick."
The child said still looking rather miserable over it.

He nodded, "The timey-wimey ball. In five years, as that timeline went, you were incredibly brave, and allowed a very good doctor to give you an injection of a liquid that shows things on medical scanners... and take pictures of your brain.

"I would not let anyone give me an injection of anything and especially not something that affected my brain!"
Anna said nervously and she started shivering with fear.
"I don't want that!"

I saw those pictures, and what I saw will save Allison's life, and others. Paradox be damned, you allowed me a chance to change the timeline, and I'm going to do just that."

"I...I don't understand Mentor...how will that save Allison?"
Then Anna realized what you where saying and her eyes grew wide.
"I was on that serum then...how...how long and how was that done?"
She asked fearfully and drew more into the corner looking up at you with terrified eyes.

He shook his head, "There are too many too powerful people who will defend the use of that practice. We can't shoot them all, and the public won't ignore it... Your suggestion is pragmatic, but not very practical, I'm afraid... No, what is needed is giving the public a shock and forcing a shift in public opinion... that's going to take a little while."

"I guess if there is to many powerful mages defending that law shooting them all will be difficult, unless you have a very big machine gun that shoots fireballs!"
She said and sigh.
"Then you might be able to shoot all of them but I guess if you don't have that then one have to change the law instead...but why would giving them a shock help and how do we do that? Preferably in time to save the others?"

He pondered, "It's possible the change can be provoked early... I don't know, I don't have any way to directly influence that... but it is possible. Breaking them out, though... no, not a viable plan."

"Why not, there is a way into every jail!"
The little girl demanded.

He smiled, "It's virtually impossible to accidentally break a needle when the recipient is not fighting it - none of the needle went anywhere other than back out of my... skin. And of course it stung a little. Slightly less than a cat's scratch."

Anna still looked concerned.
"Are you sure you are alright Mentor?
She muttered and her eyes scanned you as if to look for any sign that you where not clearly more concerned about that vaccine than the burns on your side and your leg.

He nodded, "A couple of weeks - excellent, I should be able to get a quite mundane heart monitor before then. I, ah, would offer you some Tass for it, but you really don't want the Labyrinthian stuff. I can use it safely for battle magic, but I wouldn't want to see it used for... well, anything closer to home, or anything lasting."

"Very well using a heart monitor until she grows stronger when she is not observed, at least when she is sleeping is a good idea."
Kristina said then she wrinkled her nose and shook her head.
"No I think I will avoid attracting more Jhor than I already do living in a house with three vampires."
She said. Anna glaceed at you skeptically.
"What is a heart monitor Mentor?"
She demanded then she looked at Kristina.
"Do you really live with vampires?"
She asked and the Verbena smiled a little.
"Yes child, my husband, his friend and that friend's offspring a...girl about your age."
She said and smiled a little sadly.
"There is also another mage like me and her son , she is the mother of the little girl, and her husband who is a risen and my husband's servant who...also have a few tricks up his sleeves, well and my two young children who both where born Awakened."
She said and Anna grinned.
"Sound like a fun place."
She declared and Kristina smiled a little.

He shook his head sadly, "I'm afraid you won't be happy to discuss it with me... but discuss it we must. But it's not a topic for here and now..."

Kristina raised an eyebrow at that.
"Well now you got me curious Colin but yes it is not a discussion for the here and now so we should take it when time allows."
She agreed.

He grinned and continued the story.

Anna looked at you and listened for a little while before she fell soundly asleep.

He nodded, "There's a little paperwork to finish up first, including my formal early advancement to Adept, but I trust Master Steelhaven to get that done expediently. And then, of course, the paperwork to formally acknowledge our Mentor-apprentice relationship.

"Ah paperwork the bread and butter of the Traditions."
Adjan said sarcastically.
"Congratulations on your advancement to Adeot Colin."

Hum, I don't think the bloody shirt is going to scare her, but as a matter of hygiene, it would probably be best."

"Nah if it will not bother her then since we are a bit short on time and need to finish things up before returning to Boston I might as well keep it on until we are back home, I have worn it this long anyway."
The Euthanatos said and shook his head.

He smiled, "Thank you. You may wonder about my sanity in taking in a Fallen child... but I've seen the future. In five years' time, she will have made great progress in meticulously bringing her Avatar back to the light.

"Well it is never insane to show compassion to a child, but you are certainly not choosing an easy path...hum...if she could be brought back though...that would be quite wonderful."
He said and glanced down at Anna's sleeping from.

In fact... hum, she will be producing an odd sand - her Glass Dragon trying to become a beach - a sand which has some peculiar effects on other Fallen.

"What sorts of effects?"
Adjan asked and he raised an eyebrow.

And she asked me for help, some seven or so years ago, when she first saw me in the Labyrinth. Future me will apparently project me further back in time... she offered me her doll in exchange for saving her mother... I couldn't save the poor woman then, nor can I now, but in the future... I will certainly make an effort to do so."

"Are you sure that is wise Colin? Saving someone who died in the past can change allot of things in the present and future and not all of them for the good even if the original saving of an innocent was a kind and compassionate act, for example if you having this child as your apprentice is an important part of your history, how would not that change if her mother that you say died where to have lived instead."
Adjan said and frowned.
"People die when the Cycle calls them to, it is seldom wise to change that."

He nodded, replying dryly, "Just superficial primal burns - they sting a little. Apparently, the Keeper of the Labyrinth took my taunts personally."

"Well I guess you could take it as a lesson never to insult a lady."
The death magus said and grinned.

He sighed, "Her previous Mentor was Gabriel, Abigail's second-in-command... he enjoyed recreational lobotomy, and made his student watch. The outcome... was something everyone but he was able to see."

Adjan looked down at Anna and smiled sadly.
"He sounds like a profoundly unpleasant and stupid man then poor child, no touching of anything near her head then just to be sure no brushing away of hair or anything of the sort without her prior permission and keeping her away from long, pointed things, got it I can do that."
He promised and nodded.

Sarge:

"Sounds like a fun crowd to hang around with." Serge joked. "So you fought a wizard, a shaman swordsmen and some kind of mosnter? Damn that sounds like an awesome tv show!" Serge said with a chuckle trying to lighten the mood in an effort to make Siege more talkative.

"It would have been awesome if I had not gotten my ass handed to me on a platter, but we two might have some different opinions on how well that fight went."
Siege said but he did smile a little.
"Well monster and monster, he was certainly some kind of shapeshifter but we are mages we should be careful in calling other Awakened monsters as there are plenty who would use that term about us."

"That's a nice name. Not all that common, at least not where I'm from." Serge said trying to calm down the man's nerves even more.

"I guess it is not to common...well it is a name that works as well as any other I guess, but thank you kid."
The prisoner said and raised an eyebrow at you.

"I don't think I need to hear your real name. I like having functioning ears. Although I didn't know your group had their own language.

"That is probably wise, and yes we have our own language it is based around the destruction of sound and words."
The Nephandus said and shrugged.
"Like I said not plesant to non Fallen eyes."

You Nephandi are all just one big happy family aren't you?" Serge said nonchalantly as he slowly glanced towards Siege to see his reaction to the statement. Siege's reaction and answer to the question might provide clues as to why the Nephandi have been attacking their own.

Siege threw his head back and roared with laughter.
"Kid I have been sitting her all night without a bathroom break if you make me laugh like that again I am going to spring a leak."
He said once he had recovered.
"We are a bunch of mages who sort of work together because other magi find us ehm quote evil...and who sell our souls to being beings beyond and seek to destroy reality...well I guess that is more harmonious than some families come to think of it but you catch my drift, we do not tend to be the most happy, happy, love, love kind of group."
He said still sounding amused.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:36 am

"The table is not quite long enough but I think it should be fine if his feet dangle a little, it is his head and his arms we have to be careful of." Zach then helped you get Flavio onto the table and into a position so he could be carried between the two of you. "Alright ready to go, do you need anything else here then or should we head to the portal?"

He made sure that he wasn't going to bump anything then picked up his side of the table and made ready to move out. "No, let's go; I don't like keeping this open longer than we need to do."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:10 am

Zach nodded and picked up his side of the table as well and helped you carry Flavio to the portal, most of those not busy with the Caul and later with destroying the Labyrinth itself had evacuated by now and it was not crowded getting through the portal. In the portal room stood Joakim he glanced at the prisoner.
"What is wrong with him?"
He asked he had probably placed Abigail somewhere for right now he was directing everyone not hurt to get out of the chamber and accompanying hallway while some healers worked on those who had been hurt out in the hallway.
"Do he need medical aid?"
The old hedge wizard asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:56 am

"This Nephandi seems to have slipped into a seeking or quietus after I talked with him; he divulged more critical intel," he said with a headnod to Zach. "As the serum has unforeseen side effects that we just became aware of and we had no plain cuffs, this was improvised to prevent him from using magick since he uses hand gestures as well as vocal components. His hands can't stay this way too long without some type of care but I think the worst of his wounds were seen to," he summarized. "There is a bit more to it but I'd rather disclose it privately."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:39 am

"This Nephandi seems to have slipped into a seeking or quietus after I talked with him; he divulged more critical intel," he said with a headnod to Zach.

Joakim raised an eyebrow at that.
"He was sent into a Quiet or a Seeking by a conversation with you Sodalis?"
He asked then he nodded.
"Well more information is good."
He said and Zach glanced up at the hedge wizard.
"I have what the guy said recorded on my phone and I will send you the file once we have found somewhere to put him Sir."
Joakim looked at Zach and nodded.
"Very well Mr Vigdis."

"As the serum has unforeseen side effects that we just became aware of and we had no plain cuffs, this was improvised to prevent him from using magick since he uses hand gestures as well as vocal components. His hands can't stay this way too long without some type of care but I think the worst of his wounds were seen to," he summarized. "There is a bit more to it but I'd rather disclose it privately."

"I have sent some of the third degrees to making binding circles in rooms down in the sub basement and also have gotten some beds and restraints brought there...Alvin Geritti is down there he is good at working with stones, he is a slightly plump man with dark hair ask him to get the stone of the prisoner's hands and strap him down to a bed down there...I have things here mostly under control so when you are done you can drop by my office for what you wanted to discuss in private."
Joakim said and pointed towards the door that led to the stairs down to the sub basement.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:43 pm

"Someone who is a mage should be allowed to die a mage!"
Anna demanded.
"The law should just be ignored."
Colin nodded, "I agree, a Mage should be allowed to die a Mage - with exceptions for very specific extreme crimes... but the law must be acknowledged; without the law, we have anarchy and will be unable to stand together against the Technocracy."

"Well that is pretty cool then."
The little girl announced.
"Why would not everyone want to be a lich?"
He shrugged, "Several reasons... For starters, the process of becoming one is difficult, and will kill you. Rising as an undead Mage is... not guaranteed. Also, there's a certain stagnation, and you will never be able to Ascend. It's... a trade-off few are willing to commit to."

"Well that is good I would not want to be isolated in a dungeon all day but I am still concerned about my magick."
The child said still looking rather miserable over it.
He smiled wryly, "It's like your marble jars. There's a lid on them - the marbles are still save and can be taken out when the lids are removed. You will get your days in the sun, as it were."

"I would not let anyone give me an injection of anything and especially not something that affected my brain!"
Anna said nervously and she started shivering with fear.
"I don't want that!"
He nodded, "The contrast fluid doesn't affect your brain at all - it just makes things easier to see. And believe me, you were incredibly brave when you accepted that injection... but now, that injection won't even be needed."

"I...I don't understand Mentor...how will that save Allison?"
Then Anna realized what you where saying and her eyes grew wide.
"I was on that serum then...how...how long and how was that done?"
She asked fearfully and drew more into the corner looking up at you with terrified eyes.
He nodded, "You both were, because of older Mages' distrust... I can't dispel their distrust, but I can prevent the serum from being used... It's an unpleasant injection, and it was painful to see you so scared, and it was for far too long - I don't know exactly how long, but far too long... and it won't happen now - I won't let it, because I can justify refusing the serum at all."

"I guess if there is to many powerful mages defending that law shooting them all will be difficult, unless you have a very big machine gun that shoots fireballs!"
She said and sigh.
"Then you might be able to shoot all of them but I guess if you don't have that then one have to change the law instead...but why would giving them a shock help and how do we do that? Preferably in time to save the others?"
He exhaled slowly, "Mage society as a whole needs to be shaken a bit - to see that the practice of Gilgul is too extreme and cruel - and only then can we get some pressure against the practice. If it can be done in time to save the others... probably not, and I am sorry, but... if we had living proof that an Avatar can be restored from its Fallen state, proof that returning to the light is possible, that would certainly destroy most justification for Gilgul overnight."

"Why not, there is a way into every jail!"
The little girl demanded.
He nodded and chuckled, "Getting into a prison is easy. It's always getting out that presents the real problem. And I'm not so confident as to try that in Horizon's cells."

Anna still looked concerned.
"Are you sure you are alright Mentor?
She muttered and her eyes scanned you as if to look for any sign that you where not clearly more concerned about that vaccine than the burns on your side and your leg.
He smiled wryly, "Not entirely alright - but that's not related to the tetanus shot. I've been burnt, I've killed, I've incurred the wrath of a ghost, I've given a spirit a Name, I've bartered with an Umbrood Lord, I've burned out the Labyrinth's main Node, I've danced between future and past, I've dragged a good friend out of a Quiet, and I've almost committed an unforgivable sin. And the day is barely half done... I am most certainly not alright, but I'm British, and a military man; I've got to keep buggering on."

"Very well using a heart monitor until she grows stronger when she is not observed, at least when she is sleeping is a good idea."
Kristina said then she wrinkled her nose and shook her head.
"No I think I will avoid attracting more Jhor than I already do living in a house with three vampires."
She said. Anna glaceed at you skeptically.
"What is a heart monitor Mentor?"
She demanded then she looked at Kristina.
"Do you really live with vampires?"
She asked and the Verbena smiled a little.
"Yes child, my husband, his friend and that friend's offspring a...girl about your age."
She said and smiled a little sadly.
"There is also another mage like me and her son , she is the mother of the little girl, and her husband who is a risen and my husband's servant who...also have a few tricks up his sleeves, well and my two young children who both where born Awakened."
She said and Anna grinned.
"Sound like a fun place."
She declared and Kristina smiled a little.
He grinned, "Ah, yes, Drake is quite the lovable rogue, and Alexandra is a pretty good challenge for you at video games, Anna..."
He frowned, then looked over his shoulder at Kristina, "Ah, I had a memory of you inviting us over for a bit of vacation in December. Drake could fill me in on some important information about a Kiasyd who helps us with the current battle in Boston. It's... complicated."

"Ah paperwork the bread and butter of the Traditions."
Adjan said sarcastically.
"Congratulations on your advancement to Adeot Colin."
He smiled, "Bureaucracy is necessary, I'm afraid - though I would have preferred a world where fewer bureaucrats endeavoured to make it a necessary evil..."

"Well it is never insane to show compassion to a child, but you are certainly not choosing an easy path...hum...if she could be brought back though...that would be quite wonderful."
He said and glanced down at Anna's sleeping from.
He nodded, "And yet, it is the path I saw laid out before me - condemned by my own promise to be merciful to her. Had she died when I shot her, that would have been... easier, but it seems Fate did not want to let me get away with something like that."

"What sorts of effects?"
Adjan asked and he raised an eyebrow.
He shrugged, "I don't quite recall the details, but they will be unpleasant and adverse. If you like, I can probably arrange a small sample for study. The important aspect, I think, is that it's a physical sign of her Avatar rejecting the darkness, if you will - and that is bound to be painful to those still walking the Black Spiral. I... have some novel hypotheses about the Cycle in that regard... but we can discuss that later."

"Are you sure that is wise Colin? Saving someone who died in the past can change allot of things in the present and future and not all of them for the good even if the original saving of an innocent was a kind and compassionate act, for example if you having this child as your apprentice is an important part of your history, how would not that change if her mother that you say died where to have lived instead."
Adjan said and frowned.
"People die when the Cycle calls them to, it is seldom wise to change that."
He nodded, "I wouldn't save her life in the past, so much as try to snatch her from the jaws of death and bring her to a good healer in the future. I've seen where the Labyrinth is, future me has projected present me into the past there, to that very day, and... I will be able to track that and possibly pull Anna's mother to me, rather than change things around her."
He grinned wryly, "Getting Anna and her mother out of the Labyrinth at that day and time... no, that would probably anger Reality a bit too much, but saving her mother from death at that point and bring her forward to see her daughter all grown up and happy will likely be worth it, if I can pull it off."

"Well I guess you could take it as a lesson never to insult a lady."
The death magus said and grinned.
He nodded, "On the other hand, she left me a... gift, of sorts... I'll have to look out for the reincarnation of her significant other; I accidentally picked up her memories of love for the woman called Warden, and the ability to see spirits. An ability I can't seem able to turn off, incidentally, but all the same... it's showed me that even the Nephandi have the ability to love others still, and to risk everything to keep others safe..."
He frowned, "Despite their trying to break the Cycle, they still have a place in it, perhaps... there's more to the Cycle than we've perhaps realized so far."

Adjan looked down at Anna and smiled sadly.
"He sounds like a profoundly unpleasant and stupid man then poor child, no touching of anything near her head then just to be sure no brushing away of hair or anything of the sort without her prior permission and keeping her away from long, pointed things, got it I can do that."
He promised and nodded.
He nodded, "He was an unrepentant sadist, and he died at the Mercere Chantry, shot in the back... but for all his evil, he sheltered Anna from any and all harm anyone else in the Labyrinth would expose her to - he doted on her, and perhaps that was his saving grace, in the end... And yes, nothing more needle-like than a simple chopstick."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:24 pm

Colin nodded, "I agree, a Mage should be allowed to die a Mage - with exceptions for very specific extreme crimes... but the law must be acknowledged; without the law, we have anarchy and will be unable to stand together against the Technocracy."

Anna looked at you and pouted.
"I guess, but the law is still wrong, and I want to save my friends."
She declared.

He shrugged, "Several reasons... For starters, the process of becoming one is difficult, and will kill you. Rising as an undead Mage is... not guaranteed. Also, there's a certain stagnation, and you will never be able to Ascend. It's... a trade-off few are willing to commit to."

"You would never be able to Ascend? I do not think my Glass Dragon would like that and it would be scary to die and not know if I would wake up again."
Anna said and sigh.
"It is still a cool concept though."

He smiled wryly, "It's like your marble jars. There's a lid on them - the marbles are still save and can be taken out when the lids are removed. You will get your days in the sun, as it were."

Anna nodded but she still seamed rather sad, she had Awakened very young or been born Awake she had been able to use magick at will her entire remembered life the thought of being kept from her magick was terrifying.
"I guess you are right Mentor."
She muttered sadly.

He nodded, "The contrast fluid doesn't affect your brain at all - it just makes things easier to see. And believe me, you were incredibly brave when you accepted that injection... but now, that injection won't even be needed."

"How do it make it easier to see things? And how can they see inside my body are they using magick?"
The little girl asked and looked up.
"Did anyone force me to get that injection in your future vision Mentor?"
She asked nervously.

He nodded, "You both were, because of older Mages' distrust... I can't dispel their distrust, but I can prevent the serum from being used... It's an unpleasant injection, and it was painful to see you so scared, and it was for far too long - I don't know exactly how long, but far too long... and it won't happen now - I won't let it, because I can justify refusing the serum at all."

"That sounds really, really scary, are you sure that serum will not be used now Mentor?"
The little girl asked nervously.
"I would not like to have that done to me."
She muttered.

He exhaled slowly, "Mage society as a whole needs to be shaken a bit - to see that the practice of Gilgul is too extreme and cruel - and only then can we get some pressure against the practice. If it can be done in time to save the others... probably not, and I am sorry, but... if we had living proof that an Avatar can be restored from its Fallen state, proof that returning to the light is possible, that would certainly destroy most justification for Gilgul overnight."

"I don't think that is possible Mentor...you don't know how it was being in the Caul, you just don't know what it did to us."
Anna said and she started to cry again from the memory.
"Nothing can undo that and now all my friends will loose their magick and die."
She sobbed.

He nodded and chuckled, "Getting into a prison is easy. It's always getting out that presents the real problem. And I'm not so confident as to try that in Horizon's cells."

"You are probably right about that Mentor...but it would have been nice to just break in and save them all."
Anna said and pouted.
"The Traditions are poop!"
She declared with all the maturity of a twelve year old.

He smiled wryly, "Not entirely alright - but that's not related to the tetanus shot. I've been burnt, I've killed, I've incurred the wrath of a ghost, I've given a spirit a Name, I've bartered with an Umbrood Lord, I've burned out the Labyrinth's main Node, I've danced between future and past, I've dragged a good friend out of a Quiet, and I've almost committed an unforgivable sin. And the day is barely half done... I am most certainly not alright, but I'm British, and a military man; I've got to keep buggering on."

"That sounds bad Mentor and I never liked that Node in the first place."
Anna said and nodded.
"And killing sucks...I don't like that either."
She muttered and glanced at you.
"Can you get the burns healed and the ghost dealt with? And what sort of unforgivable sin? I am a Nephandus I have gone allot of those you can tell me."
She said and gave you a concerned smile and grabbed your hand.

He grinned, "Ah, yes, Drake is quite the lovable rogue, and Alexandra is a pretty good challenge for you at video games, Anna..."
He frowned, then looked over his shoulder at Kristina, "Ah, I had a memory of you inviting us over for a bit of vacation in December. Drake could fill me in on some important information about a Kiasyd who helps us with the current battle in Boston. It's... complicated."

Anna looked confused.
"I get a friend in one of your future memories Mentor? So they are not all bad?"
She asked Kristina smiled a little.
"Ah yes Drake he...is quite a personality and Alexandra is such a sweet kid, she is good at computer games, a Kiasyd though I am suprised you know about them, even I have never met one."
The Verbena commented and raised an eyebrow.

He smiled, "Bureaucracy is necessary, I'm afraid - though I would have preferred a world where fewer bureaucrats endeavoured to make it a necessary evil..."

"True that, even so bureaucracy is always a headache but you are right the bureaucrats do not make the experience any easier."
Adjan said and sigh.

He nodded, "And yet, it is the path I saw laid out before me - condemned by my own promise to be merciful to her. Had she died when I shot her, that would have been... easier, but it seems Fate did not want to let me get away with something like that."

"Fate can be a bitch sometimes and yet we still have to dance in tune to her flute, and if you think this child have a chance, perhaps it is good she did not die."
The Euthanatos said and smiled down at the sleeping child.

He shrugged, "I don't quite recall the details, but they will be unpleasant and adverse. If you like, I can probably arrange a small sample for study. The important aspect, I think, is that it's a physical sign of her Avatar rejecting the darkness, if you will - and that is bound to be painful to those still walking the Black Spiral. I... have some novel hypotheses about the Cycle in that regard... but we can discuss that later."

"I would appreciate such a sample and the discussion when time allows for it...hum perhaps you are right if the girl the to the point where her Avatar starts to revert back to it's uncorrupted form perhaps the manifestations of that would be painful for those who still wallow in darkness."
The death magus said and nodded.

He nodded, "I wouldn't save her life in the past, so much as try to snatch her from the jaws of death and bring her to a good healer in the future. I've seen where the Labyrinth is, future me has projected present me into the past there, to that very day, and... I will be able to track that and possibly pull Anna's mother to me, rather than change things around her."

"That would probably be easier than trying to change things backwards in time and leave her there, it would probably still cause allot of Paradox though, and it will be far from an easy task."
Adjan said.
"You would in either case pay a heavy cost for such a working."

He grinned wryly, "Getting Anna and her mother out of the Labyrinth at that day and time... no, that would probably anger Reality a bit too much, but saving her mother from death at that point and bring her forward to see her daughter all grown up and happy will likely be worth it, if I can pull it off."

"I am no expert on temporal magick but that might work."
Adjan agreed.
"The woman would be traumatized off course but I guess there is always treatments to be had, you would be doing a kind ting, but also a very dangerous one."

He nodded, "On the other hand, she left me a... gift, of sorts... I'll have to look out for the reincarnation of her significant other; I accidentally picked up her memories of love for the woman called Warden, and the ability to see spirits. An ability I can't seem able to turn off, incidentally, but all the same... it's showed me that even the Nephandi have the ability to love others still, and to risk everything to keep others safe..."

"Ah you see Spirits now? How on earth did this Nephanda teach you that?"
Adjan asked and he gave you a confused look.
"I guess all human beings have a ability and at times the need for someone to love."

He frowned, "Despite their trying to break the Cycle, they still have a place in it, perhaps... there's more to the Cycle than we've perhaps realized so far."

"Off that I have no doubt, mortal creatures just can't know everything about the Cycle, and perhaps the Nephandi have their place there but we still have to fight them."

He nodded, "He was an unrepentant sadist, and he died at the Mercere Chantry, shot in the back...

"Ah yes I was told about that, the fellow who was literary shot in half."
Adjan said and raised an eyebrow.

but for all his evil, he sheltered Anna from any and all harm anyone else in the Labyrinth would expose her to - he doted on her, and perhaps that was his saving grace, in the end...

"Perhaps it was, then again the trauma he have exposed her to is a form of harm, even if he probably did not see it himself, but he protected her from...worse things that could have happened to her."
The Euthanatos said and nodded.

And yes, nothing more needle-like than a simple chopstick."

"I will make sure she is not exposed to anything needle like."
Adjan promised.
"I will keep her safe and protected until you return Colin."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:04 pm

"It would have been awesome if I had not gotten my ass handed to me on a platter, but we two might have some different opinions on how well that fight went."
Siege said but he did smile a little.
"Well monster and monster, he was certainly some kind of shapeshifter but we are mages we should be careful in calling other Awakened monsters as there are plenty who would use that term about us."

"How did that fight go?" Serge asked curiously. "Their isn't really much you can do when its 3 against one but did you manage to pull out any cool bits of magick before you fell to the magick party-squad?"

Knowing what kind of magick Siege used might help Serge understand what kind of tradition he belonged to in his previous life.

Siege threw his head back and roared with laughter.
"Kid I have been sitting her all night without a bathroom break if you make me laugh like that again I am going to spring a leak."
He said once he had recovered.
"We are a bunch of mages who sort of work together because other magi find us ehm quote evil...and who sell our souls to being beings beyond and seek to destroy reality...well I guess that is more harmonious than some families come to think of it but you catch my drift, we do not tend to be the most happy, happy, love, love kind of group."
He said still sounding amused.

"The fact that you can work together on a common goal is pretty group-like to me even if you aren't that friendly to each other." Serge commented, trying to egg Siege closer to explaining the current status of the Nephandi relationship with each other.

"Although even the best families have disagreements from time to time. Do you guys ever disagree on things? Like how to destroy reality? Like do some of you want to use a giant ritual or do others just want to use economics?" Serge asked humorously although he paid close attention to Siege's answer.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:14 pm

"How did that fight go?" Serge asked curiously. "Their isn't really much you can do when its 3 against one but did you manage to pull out any cool bits of magick before you fell to the magick party-squad?"

"It was two against three, my companion did not make it, he was the lucky one."
Siege said and sigh then he smiled slightly.
"Cool and cool mostly my magick is based around more subtle effects, making myself more durable, changing luck in my favor, but yes I gave some licks during the fight, not that it did me any favors in the end but hey it is better to go down fighting I guess."

"The fact that you can work together on a common goal is pretty group-like to me even if you aren't that friendly to each other." Serge commented, trying to egg Siege closer to explaining the current status of the Nephandi relationship with each other.

"Perhaps, it is more about survival really, just like the Traditions came together to have safety in numbers against the Order of Reason, now the Technocracy, we did as well, all the groups that other magi despised as infernalist, well most of them anyway getting together to protect ourselves from other mages, some of these groups left when we got more focused on destroying reality though until only three where left and we work together ok...but mostly because we have no other choice."
The prisoner said and shrugged.

"Although even the best families have disagreements from time to time. Do you guys ever disagree on things? Like how to destroy reality? Like do some of you want to use a giant ritual or do others just want to use economics?" Serge asked humorously although he paid close attention to Siege's answer.

"Yes we very much disagree with one another, how to destroy reality is not really what are disagreed upon the most though, I mean whatever works and some might be good at using sleeper politics and economics while others are better at more direct means however that all still work towards a common goal, it is more the problem that we have three very different factions with vastly different goals and ideals, just like your Traditions yes?"
The man said and smiled a little seaming amused.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:16 pm

Anna looked at you and pouted.
"I guess, but the law is still wrong, and I want to save my friends."
She declared.
Colin nodded, "The law is wrong, and we have to change that."

"You would never be able to Ascend? I do not think my Glass Dragon would like that and it would be scary to die and not know if I would wake up again."
Anna said and sigh.
"It is still a cool concept though."
He smiled, "It is quite cool, but not for me. Liches show up all over the Fantasy genre; mostly cast in villainous roles, for some reason. A bit unfair, if you ask me..."

Anna nodded but she still seamed rather sad, she had Awakened very young or been born Awake she had been able to use magick at will her entire remembered life the thought of being kept from her magick was terrifying.
"I guess you are right Mentor."
She muttered sadly.
He smiled, "First priority, though, try to make sure you grow a little stronger, then we see about spellcasting. I know a few ways you can see and perhaps feel magic, even if your own powers are suppressed, and there is always theoretical studies."

"How do it make it easier to see things? And how can they see inside my body are they using magick?"
The little girl asked and looked up.
"Did anyone force me to get that injection in your future vision Mentor?"
She asked nervously.
He smiled and shook his head, "A kind of magic - a special light that shines through flesh and bone, and makes it possible to see what is inside people. That contrast fluid makes your blood vessels harder to shine that light through, so various parts become easier to make out. And no, nobody forced you to do anything in that future vision. You accepted the discomfort of it to help Allison. You were scared - I won't deny that - but you fought the fear and could have left at any time instead of getting those pictures taken. Aside from a single strap to hold your wrist steady, nothing held you down but your own determination."

"That sounds really, really scary, are you sure that serum will not be used now Mentor?"
The little girl asked nervously.
"I would not like to have that done to me."
She muttered.
He nodded, "I am certain. I know what it does better than anyone else right now, and I will be able to prove that within a matter of days."

"I don't think that is possible Mentor...you don't know how it was being in the Caul, you just don't know what it did to us."
Anna said and she started to cry again from the memory.
"Nothing can undo that and now all my friends will loose their magick and die."
She sobbed.
He shook his head, "True, I don't know what the inside of the Caul is like... but what it did to your Avatar can be reversed. I know this, because it has already been done once."

"You are probably right about that Mentor...but it would have been nice to just break in and save them all."
Anna said and pouted.
"The Traditions are poop!"
She declared with all the maturity of a twelve year old.
He chuckled, "Sure they are - but ask any Verbena about how well flowers can grow in poop."

"That sounds bad Mentor and I never liked that Node in the first place."
Anna said and nodded.
"And killing sucks...I don't like that either."
She muttered and glanced at you.
"Can you get the burns healed and the ghost dealt with? And what sort of unforgivable sin? I am a Nephandus I have gone allot of those you can tell me."
She said and gave you a concerned smile and grabbed your hand.
He nodded, "The burns, I will have seen to in a little while, once you're safe. The ghost... I shall have to offer her appeasement later. I don't know how well that will go; she is righteously angry with me. The unforgivable sin... no, it's not something to speak of loudly. It was avoided, and I am glad of it, that's all you ought to know."

Anna looked confused.
"I get a friend in one of your future memories Mentor? So they are not all bad?"
She asked Kristina smiled a little.
"Ah yes Drake he...is quite a personality and Alexandra is such a sweet kid, she is good at computer games, a Kiasyd though I am suprised you know about them, even I have never met one."
The Verbena commented and raised an eyebrow.
He nodded, "Yes, it was Mrs. Knox here who suggested... well, I just made a royal mess of cause and effect, didn't I?"
He grinned, "Well, I hadn't heard of them until December, when Drake told me of how I'd been contacted by the fellow to replace his silver dagger... and I was so fortunate as to have the original dagger at hand. Funny thing, but he'd actually left a message on my answering machine. Strange coincidences, but he will apparently become useful in navigating Larson's Labyrinth, and be visiting you in France for some time afterwards. You'll get to meet the fellow soon, I think."

"Fate can be a bitch sometimes and yet we still have to dance in tune to her flute, and if you think this child have a chance, perhaps it is good she did not die."
The Euthanatos said and smiled down at the sleeping child.
He nodded, "Not just a chance... i think she has a very good chance."

"I would appreciate such a sample and the discussion when time allows for it...hum perhaps you are right if the girl the to the point where her Avatar starts to revert back to it's uncorrupted form perhaps the manifestations of that would be painful for those who still wallow in darkness."
The death magus said and nodded.
He nodded, "Precisely, but we'll have to wait and see."

"That would probably be easier than trying to change things backwards in time and leave her there, it would probably still cause allot of Paradox though, and it will be far from an easy task."
Adjan said.
"You would in either case pay a heavy cost for such a working."
He nodded, "A high cost, but well worth it, I think."

"I am no expert on temporal magick but that might work."
Adjan agreed.
"The woman would be traumatized off course but I guess there is always treatments to be had, you would be doing a kind ting, but also a very dangerous one."
He smiled wryly, "Well, the Traditions have excellent healers of flesh and mind... and I can always hope the Scourge has a soft spot for charity cases."

"Ah you see Spirits now? How on earth did this Nephanda teach you that?"
Adjan asked and he gave you a confused look.
"I guess all human beings have a ability and at times the need for someone to love."
He scratched the side of his nose thoughtfully, "My Avatar is... a little different. A conscious shard cluster; she can pick up and assimilate fragments of other Avatars - ones that have been torn apart - without the usual injury seen in normal Avatars. So a piece of a Gilguled Nephanda's soul lingered and... my Avatar picked it up. In time, I may be able to purify the fragment as a part of me, reverting it to its proper state, rather than its Fallen form, but it's going to take a bit of time. What I got with that fragment was the ability to see spirits like I see other people, and memories of the Nephanda's love for another."

"Off that I have no doubt, mortal creatures just can't know everything about the Cycle, and perhaps the Nephandi have their place there but we still have to fight them."
He pondered, "Consider, if you will, something like the Yin-Yang symbol: one side has Dynamic, Static and Entropic energies flowing from one into the other in an endless loop, and the other has Qlippothic counterparts to each of the three, doing the same... and it is possible to flow from one side into the other, like a Mage Falling, and the opposite is just as true... but that deplorable ritual has made the backflow to the light a lot more difficult by tearing Avatars apart instead of potentially letting them shift sides in the flow again. It's... hard to evoke an image of, but it's a notion that's been tickling at the back of my mind lately."

"Ah yes I was told about that, the fellow who was literary shot in half."
Adjan said and raised an eyebrow.
He frowned and looked down at his hands, "Yes... he was doing his damned best to fireball most of the team, so there was really no other viable option there and then... The man was a brutal powerhouse, but he forgot to watch his back. Perhaps he was hoping for something of the sort, to end it all..."

"Perhaps it was, then again the trauma he have exposed her to is a form of harm, even if he probably did not see it himself, but he protected her from...worse things that could have happened to her."
The Euthanatos said and nodded.
He nodded, "If you'd heard the opera-lover in the laundry room back home, well... he is one thing Gabriel protected Anna from."

"I will make sure she is not exposed to anything needle like."
Adjan promised.
"I will keep her safe and protected until you return Colin."
He smiled, "Thank you... I'll be back in a little while."

Then he headed downstairs to the 'medical reception' in the portal room to get his burns tended.

((OOC: Aight, I'm off to dinner with work soon - tapas restaurant followed by some sort of drinking establishment, I believe. And tomorrow, I'll be partaking of a Magic tournament; lucky me, I had a Modern-legal deck, so let's see how well Disco Inferno performs competitively. Probably not very, but it'll be worth a shot nonetheless. Plenty of red fiery BOOM! Very Happy ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:03 pm

"It was two against three, my companion did not make it, he was the lucky one."
Siege said and sigh then he smiled slightly.
"Cool and cool mostly my magick is based around more subtle effects, making myself more durable, changing luck in my favor, but yes I gave some licks during the fight, not that it did me any favors in the end but hey it is better to go down fighting I guess."

Serge's head raced with the possibilities from those two statements. Luck meant Entropy magick. Making himself more durable was life or matter magick or both. Their were plenty of traditions that specialized in those types of magick. He needed more information.

"Sounds like you know how to handle yourself in a fight. I don't know the first thing about fighting. Turns out, watching television shows the whole day and imagining yourself as a cool swordsman....doesn't actually give you the ability to swing a sword properly." Serge said easing Siege into the next question.

"So do the Nephandi just give fighting lessons or did you have any previous experience with that type of stuff."

"Perhaps, it is more about survival really, just like the Traditions came together to have safety in numbers against the Order of Reason, now the Technocracy, we did as well, all the groups that other magi despised as infernalist, well most of them anyway getting together to protect ourselves from other mages, some of these groups left when we got more focused on destroying reality though until only three where left and we work together ok...but mostly because we have no other choice."
The prisoner said and shrugged.

"Three? You mean like three groups?" Serge said pushing Siege to try and explain further.

"Yes we very much disagree with one another, how to destroy reality is not really what are disagreed upon the most though, I mean whatever works and some might be good at using sleeper politics and economics while others are better at more direct means however that all still work towards a common goal, it is more the problem that we have three very different factions with vastly different goals and ideals, just like your Traditions yes?"
The man said and smiled a little seaming amused.

"I guess..." Serge said. "But the traditions have leaders and high-ranking members to handle disputes between themselves. Do the Nephandi have something like that? Like some kind of high-ranking council of reality-destroyers to help settle disagreements between the three groups?" Serge inquired, trying to see if he could get Siege to talk about Lisa Larson.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:21 pm

Colin nodded, "The law is wrong, and we have to change that."

"Yes we have to change it, we have to."
Anna said and nodded eagerly.

He smiled, "It is quite cool, but not for me. Liches show up all over the Fantasy genre; mostly cast in villainous roles, for some reason. A bit unfair, if you ask me..."

"Yeah that is a bit unfair, then again mages who sell their soul to the unspeakable horror beyond are also usually cast in villainous roles which is also unfair."
The little girl said and pouted.

He smiled, "First priority, though, try to make sure you grow a little stronger, then we see about spellcasting. I know a few ways you can see and perhaps feel magic, even if your own powers are suppressed, and there is always theoretical studies."

"I guess there is always theoretical studies but that is not the same."
Anna said and sigh.
"And if I grow stronger will not my Glass Dragon be in danger?"
She asked nervously.
"I just don't want to be without my magick."

He smiled and shook his head, "A kind of magic - a special light that shines through flesh and bone, and makes it possible to see what is inside people. That contrast fluid makes your blood vessels harder to shine that light through, so various parts become easier to make out.

"That is actually kind of cool."
Anna said after a bit of consideration.
"Have you done that Mentor, used a device like that to see inside of you?"

And no, nobody forced you to do anything in that future vision. You accepted the discomfort of it to help Allison. You were scared - I won't deny that - but you fought the fear and could have left at any time instead of getting those pictures taken. Aside from a single strap to hold your wrist steady, nothing held you down but your own determination."

Anna was silent for a moment.
"I guess if there where no other choice...I did let you talk me into letting Mr Horton give me that...whatever it was he said I needed it to stay alive when I was first captured and you brought me here but I am not sure if it was a good idea I did not feel it which means something of the needle could be left in me and I would not know."
She muttered nervously and scratched at the spot where she had been given an injection to boot her immune system after much reassurance and negotiation when you first brought her to the infirmary, it looked like she had scratched that spot allot.
"Anyway I guess that means I could...stay still if I had to save a friend but I do not want to!"
She declared nervously.

He nodded, "I am certain. I know what it does better than anyone else right now, and I will be able to prove that within a matter of days."

"What about before you have proved that there is something wrong with the serum?"
The young Nephanda asked skeptically.

He shook his head, "True, I don't know what the inside of the Caul is like... but what it did to your Avatar can be reversed. I know this, because it has already been done once."

"I...I don't know what to say or feel about that..."
Anna said and looked down she seamed rather overwhelmed.
"I...don't know if I would want to, but I don't know that I don't want to either."

He chuckled, "Sure they are - but ask any Verbena about how well flowers can grow in poop."

That made the little girl giggle...allot.

He nodded, "The burns, I will have seen to in a little while, once you're safe. The ghost... I shall have to offer her appeasement later. I don't know how well that will go; she is righteously angry with me. The unforgivable sin... no, it's not something to speak of loudly. It was avoided, and I am glad of it, that's all you ought to know."

Anna looked at you and seamed to be thinking.
"Well I guess appeasing a ghost can be done, if that do not help I can try to chase her away Mentor."
She said and smiled. When you spoke about that unforgivable sin she simple nodded.
"So it is that bad...I am glad you did not have to do it then Mentor."
She commented before she settled down in bed.
"You should have your burns treated they look like they hurt..."

He nodded, "Yes, it was Mrs. Knox here who suggested... well, I just made a royal mess of cause and effect, didn't I?"

"Yeah you sort of did."
Kristina said and the young Verbena sounded amused.
"Well in either case I doubt it matters much who first get the idea."

He grinned, "Well, I hadn't heard of them until December, when Drake told me of how I'd been contacted by the fellow to replace his silver dagger... and I was so fortunate as to have the original dagger at hand. Funny thing, but he'd actually left a message on my answering machine. Strange coincidences, but he will apparently become useful in navigating Larson's Labyrinth, and be visiting you in France for some time afterwards. You'll get to meet the fellow soon, I think."

"I will look forward to it then, they are a fascinating Clan."
Kristina said and smiled.
"Helping out navigating a Labyrinth...hum...I have heard a rumor about them, that they are good guides in underground places and buildings, they are blessed by goblins they say, but whatever or not that is true I don't know."
Kristina said and Anna peeked up at her.
"Are there really goblins Miss?"
Kristina shrugs.
"I don't know little one but considering all the things that do exist ourselves included I would not be surprised it goblins existed as well."

He nodded, "Not just a chance... i think she has a very good chance."

"Then perhaps this is a fortunate thing, death is not always preferable to life you know and if this child can live a long and happy life then perhaps a bit of difficulty is worth it."
Adjan said and smiled.

He nodded, "Precisely, but we'll have to wait and see."

The Euthanatos just nodded at that.

He nodded, "A high cost, but well worth it, I think."

"That is a noble way to look at it, and yes it might be well worth it, still you are taking a great risk."
He said and frowned.

He smiled wryly, "Well, the Traditions have excellent healers of flesh and mind... and I can always hope the Scourge has a soft spot for charity cases."

"Somehow I doubt that it have then again I heard this rumor at a Tribunal once about an Orphan girl crying herself out of trouble with an Paradox spirit who apparently grew soft whens he turned on the waterworks."
Adjan said and he sounded a bit amused.

He scratched the side of his nose thoughtfully, "My Avatar is... a little different. A conscious shard cluster; she can pick up and assimilate fragments of other Avatars - ones that have been torn apart - without the usual injury seen in normal Avatars. So a piece of a Gilguled Nephanda's soul lingered and... my Avatar picked it up. In time, I may be able to purify the fragment as a part of me, reverting it to its proper state, rather than its Fallen form, but it's going to take a bit of time. What I got with that fragment was the ability to see spirits like I see other people, and memories of the Nephanda's love for another."

"I see, the Nephanda in question was Gilgulled then...well I guess there was no other choice..."
Adjan said and sigh.
"A conscious shard cluster, I have heard of them but never met a mage who have had such a soul, most fascinating, well the memory of the woman's love and a bit of her magick, there is worse things you could get but I would be careful with integrating to many corrupted shards into your souls, that might eventually literary add up to trouble."
He said and gave you a curious but also concerned look.

He pondered, "Consider, if you will, something like the Yin-Yang symbol: one side has Dynamic, Static and Entropic energies flowing from one into the other in an endless loop, and the other has Qlippothic counterparts to each of the three, doing the same... and it is possible to flow from one side into the other, like a Mage Falling, and the opposite is just as true... but that deplorable ritual has made the backflow to the light a lot more difficult by tearing Avatars apart instead of potentially letting them shift sides in the flow again. It's... hard to evoke an image of, but it's a notion that's been tickling at the back of my mind lately."

"Hum...it is not a bad model, I would have to give that some thought but really it is an interesting way to look at things and it might make it reasonable to at least try to give some Fallen souls the chance to revert back rather than destroying them all as a matter of protocol and routine."
Adjan said he looked interested and gave you a smile.
"I am going to have to meditate on that one."

He frowned and looked down at his hands, "Yes... he was doing his damned best to fireball most of the team, so there was really no other viable option there and then... The man was a brutal powerhouse, but he forgot to watch his back. Perhaps he was hoping for something of the sort, to end it all..."

"Perhaps you are right, maybe the same tiny part of him that made him protect his student also made him wish someone would stop him, there is hard to tell, well at least he is dead and will be bothering no one else until he is reborn and he might be a completely different person then."

He nodded, "If you'd heard the opera-lover in the laundry room back home, well... he is one thing Gabriel protected Anna from."

"Ah well that is one good thing he did at least."
Adjan said and frowned.
"Bloody Diego!"

He smiled, "Thank you... I'll be back in a little while."

The Euthanatos nodded as he sat down by the little girl's bedside to keep watch over her.

Then he headed downstairs to the 'medical reception' in the portal room to get his burns tended.

You found two of Alex's three nurses working there, along with Lady Arden, Sister Ragnhild the nun you had met earlier, Rosario, Enrique and Moonwater. Lady Arden came over to you, most of the wounded had been taken care of by now but there where still a few of the healers working, you see one of the Hermetics supporting Andy towards the stairs as you came down. Philippa smiled to you.
"Can I help you Mr Wainwright?"
She asked kindly.

(OOC: Tapas is awesome. Good luck with the tournament I sort of want to make a Modern deck and attend those but when I started playing I was bullied to the point of mostly putting the game away for fifteen years so I have not quite gotten to the point of playing with strangers yet. Give them allot of boom boom.)

(OOC 2: Jeremy I will be working on your reply now I just want to get this posted first before the forum eat the post.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:40 pm

"Sounds like you know how to handle yourself in a fight. I don't know the first thing about fighting. Turns out, watching television shows the whole day and imagining yourself as a cool swordsman....doesn't actually give you the ability to swing a sword properly." Serge said easing Siege into the next question.

"So do the Nephandi just give fighting lessons or did you have any previous experience with that type of stuff."

"I am no powerhouse but I am not defenseless in a fight either my Cabal...before I Fell got into a few scrapes with the Union so knowing how to pull my own weight in a confrontation was a boon. As for the Nephandi giving fighting lessons, some do, it really depends on the Labyrinth and if you have a teacher and what they want for you, we are not some uniform group, but yes I knew how to fight before my Fall."
Siege said then he smiled.
"Watching TV about cool swordsmen are still far more fun that actually being in a fight with one though, especially when said swordsman run your hand through with a sword with bloody shark teeth on the sides."
He grumbled and glanced down at his freshly healed hand.

"Three? You mean like three groups?" Serge said pushing Siege to try and explain further.

"Indeed, almost like your Traditions. You have the K'llasshaa they are your stereotypical Nephandus the way i understand it, torturing to death virgins and bathing in puppy guts that kind of things they worship the Outer Lords, the Outsider Things, the being that should not be, they are aggressive, destructive and no one likes them much. Then you have my group the Malfeans, we wish to bring the world to Entropic Asencion, not really as you said destroying the world, as something destroyed have an existence in the past but making it stop existing, making the world have never existed and going back to the pure state of nothing ness where there are potential for everything and yet nothing manifest or exist."
Siege said he sounded rather moved by his own words when he spoke about non existence.
"And then there are the Infernalists, they have made deals with dark entities and now they are stuck, they can be any sort of person really, so yeah we have rather differing goals."
Siege said and smiled a little.

"I guess..." Serge said. "But the traditions have leaders and high-ranking members to handle disputes between the traditions. Do the Nephandi have something like that? Like some kind of high-ranking council of reality-destroyer to help settle disagreements between the three groups?" Serge inquired, trying to see if he could get Siege to talk about Lisa Larson.

"Not so much, each Labyrinth is lead by a Gilledian and he or she keep her own house in order and keep the peace between the members of their Labyrinth in more or less unpleasant ways. The Gilledian is assisted by their generals the Prelati, however beyond that there are few unifying organs between Labyrinths and we operate mostly individually though alliances between individual Labyrinths happen about as often as wars. There are the...Aswadim, but while they advice us they seldom take action so they can not be said to be our actual leaders."
He said and he sounded reverent and a bit hesitant talking about the Aswadim.
"But we have nothing like the Council of Nine or something like that tying us together."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:49 pm

Joakim raised an eyebrow at that. "He was sent into a Quiet or a Seeking by a conversation with you Sodalis?"

"Apparently. Hard to know for sure and not safe to check."

"I have sent some of the third degrees to making binding circles in rooms down in the sub basement and also have gotten some beds and restraints brought there...Alvin Geritti is down there he is good at working with stones, he is a slightly plump man with dark hair ask him to get the stone of the prisoner's hands and strap him down to a bed down there...I have things here mostly under control so when you are done you can drop by my office for what you wanted to discuss in private."

"Yes sir; what about everyone still working?" he asked. "I assume there's help left behind, but..." For a moment, it seemed impossible to him that he was done with that Labyrinth. That he was not going back. That soon, it would be destroyed. That they got Abigail. It felt as if he were still there and that all around him was some kind of comforting illusion, not unlike his quietus. If it weren't for the fact that everyone was dressed normally and the chantry did not look like a stone covenant, he might wonder if he had slipped under again. He hoped that everyone else would get out, get the cars, get back to Morningstar safely. It felt like he was leaving them behind, not that they weren't highly capable people but...but...he stood there with the man on the stretcher, boggled, realising that he was back at Morningstar. Really there. Normal walls without genitalia, still some signs of Ikea but definitively not a fleshy horror.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:00 pm

"Apparently. Hard to know for sure and not safe to check."

"Hum...just placing him in a dampening circle and leaving him alone for now is probably best then, we have all seen Seekings they eventually sort themselves out, there is not much to be done about that."
Joakim said and sigh.
"I sure would love to know what you told the man to make him end up like this though."

"Yes sir; what about everyone still working?" he asked. "I assume there's help left behind, but..." For a moment, it seemed impossible to him that he was done with that Labyrinth. That he was not going back. That soon, it would be destroyed. That they got Abigail.

"Lady Crexia chose the best at Ars Spiritus to destroy the Caul, and a team to destroy the Labyrinth itself once that damnable portal is done, this team will also protect the ones working, right now sending more personnel in there would just make it harder for the ones working, and do not worry Sodalis I have notified Master Harris he have a portal ready to get them out in case of trouble. The thing is we do not know how the Labyrinth itself will react when the Caul dies, the whole thing might collapse at that moment and then it is best not to have to many allies around to get hurt. I do believe Lady Crexia and her teams will be able to finish up and right now helping with getting the prisoners placed securely are more helpful and you will be to the Lady and the other Masters with their current tasks."
Joakim said kindly.
"We have moved Abigail's cat down to the rooms our second and third degrees are enchanting at the moment so we can put the woman herself in the more secure, permanently shielded cell, but getting this guy down there and making sure the securing of the prisoners are going well would be appreciated."
The old hedge wizard said and smiled to you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:14 pm

"Hum...just placing him in a dampening circle and leaving him alone for now is probably best then, we have all seen Seekings they eventually sort themselves out, there is not much to be done about that." Joakim said and sigh. "I sure would love to know what you told the man to make him end up like this though."

"I will tell you later, sir."

"Lady Crexia chose the best at Ars Spiritus to destroy the Caul, and a team to destroy the Labyrinth itself once that damnable portal is done, this team will also protect the ones working, right now sending more personnel in there would just make it harder for the ones working, and do not worry Sodalis I have notified Master Harris he have a portal ready to get them out in case of trouble. The thing is we do not know how the Labyrinth itself will react when the Caul dies, the whole thing might collapse at that moment and then it is best not to have to many allies around to get hurt. I do believe Lady Crexia and her teams will be able to finish up and right now helping with getting the prisoners placed securely are more helpful and you will be to the Lady and the other Masters with their current tasks." Joakim said kindly.

"Of course...you're right," he said, blinking at the man. Everything still had a surreal quality to him.

"We have moved Abigail's cat down to the rooms our second and third degrees are enchanting at the moment so we can put the woman herself in the more secure, permanently shielded cell, but getting this guy down there and making sure the securing of the prisoners are going well would be appreciated."

"Yes sir, I'll get right on that," he agreed, spurred back into action. He nodded to Zach. "Ready? Let's go, this fellow is going to get heavy," he said and began to lead him down to the rooms that were made ready to receive the prisoners.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:30 pm

"I will tell you later, sir."

"Very well Sodalis."
Joakim said and nodded in agreement.

"Of course...you're right," he said, blinking at the man. Everything still had a surreal quality to him.

The Security Chief nodded he said nothing about your confusion and instead let you digest things in your own time, the fight at the Labyrinth had been quite a shock and quite hard on everyone.

"Yes sir, I'll get right on that," he agreed, spurred back into action. He nodded to Zach. "Ready? Let's go, this fellow is going to get heavy," he said and began to lead him down to the rooms that were made ready to receive the prisoners.

"Thank you Sodalis."
Joakim said. Zach nodded and groaned.
"I would say he is already heavy."
The Virtual Adept complained but the joined you in walking down the corridor and you got to a door that let to a second set of stairs that led down into a sub basement, it was a chilly place down there with stone walls, along one wall where a large mural of a nature landscape along the other wall several doors, you heard some chanting from one of the rooms as the linear magi where preparing the dampening circles. One of the rooms where already locked and one of the hedge wizards, Derrick one of Chief Joakim's students stood on guard duty. You saw that the ruckus had apparently awoken Isabella that seamed to be living down here, she stood in the opening to her own door, looking the very image of grumpy tiredness, meaning she looked about as tired as you felt, with her hair loose and messy and wearing a white night gown and gray dressing robe, the vampiress where clearly curious about what was going on. Derrick glanced over at you and Zach.
"Another prisoner?"
He asked.
"That room there should be ready for him...but if he is injured he should be healed before he is taken into the dampening circle for it will stop our magic as well as his."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:39 pm

"Very well Sodalis."Joakim said and nodded in agreement.

"Hm, do you think that a magick dampening circle will affect his Seeking or Quietus?" he asked. "Like you said, he should be left to it...I know sometimes people have magickal restraints on if they are in danger of being violent in their Quietus..."

As he passed Isabella he gave her a tired nod. She seemed like a normal girl, waking up rudely and wishing she had ten more minutes on her alarm. He had no idea what time it was, he realised. He'd long since lost track of hours and held fiercely onto what day it was as best he could because there needed to be a Monday and ever after.

"Another prisoner?" He asked. "That room there should be ready for him...but if he is injured he should be healed before he is taken into the dampening circle for it will stop our magic as well as his."

"Hello, yes another prisoner, a Fallen. He's in a unique situation, he is either in quietus or a seeking, we think. That and his hands were encased in stone to prevent casting as he uses hand gestures and vocal componets. I was asked to find the mage good with stone to assist with removing the stone on his hands, then have him bound to a bed," he explained.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:59 pm

"Hm, do you think that a magick dampening circle will affect his Seeking or Quietus?" he asked. "Like you said, he should be left to it...I know sometimes people have magickal restraints on if they are in danger of being violent in their Quietus..."

"I do not think so, these dampening circles work differently than that serum, where it will scramble sort of the link between mage and Avatar and make it fuzzy, these circles are more like continuously running countermagick the same as those cuffs you have used earlier so the one restrained can technically cast magick it is just not getting anywhere. We are making them on the pattern of the ones that was used in Tribunals back in the day."
Joakim explained.
"So I do not think the circles would affect the man's mindscape or communication with his Avatar any more than such cuffs should."

As he passed Isabella he gave her a tired nod. She seemed like a normal girl, waking up rudely and wishing she had ten more minutes on her alarm. He had no idea what time it was, he realised. He'd long since lost track of hours and held fiercely onto what day it was as best he could because there needed to be a Monday and ever after.

Isabella managed a hint of a smile as she rubbed her right temple and glanced at all the second and third degrees doing things, chanting and generally running around and disturbing her rest with half closed eyes.
"Did we win Sir?"
She muttered in a sleepy tone of voice.

"Hello, yes another prisoner, a Fallen. He's in a unique situation, he is either in quietus or a seeking, we think. That and his hands were encased in stone to prevent casting as he uses hand gestures and vocal componets. I was asked to find the mage good with stone to assist with removing the stone on his hands, then have him bound to a bed," he explained.

"I see well I guess Twilight happens during combat."
Derrick said then he called.
"Bai Huan could you come here a moment?"
He said and a tall, Asian woman that looked to be in her mid thirties but from the look in her dark eyes where probably older came out of one of the make shift cells.
"This is Miss Zhào Bai Huan Hermes bani Ex Miscellanea she is a Master of Terram magic."
Derrick said.
"Mr Roth Hicks here wondered if you could free this man's hands from those rocks?"
The linear Flambeau said. Bai Huan gave you a polite nod.
"I can take care of it."
She agreed she pushed her jaw length black hair our of her face with one hand then begun several presise hand gestures of the old system and muttered in Latin and the stones around Flavio's hands turned to sand and just fell of his bound fingers.
"Do you need any other help in restraining him Mr Roth Hicks?"
Bai Huan asked.
"We have set up some beds with medical restraints in the rooms we are enchanting and Miss Kelly made some leather finger restraints that should be more humane than para-cord."
She said and smoothed down and blue top over her black pants, a nervous habit perhaps.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:30 pm

"I do not think so...I do not think the circles would affect the man's mindscape or communication with his Avatar any more than such cuffs should.

"Good."

Isabella managed a hint of a smile as she rubbed her right temple and glanced at all the second and third degrees doing things, chanting and generally running around and disturbing her rest with half closed eyes. "Did we win Sir?"

"I don't like to count all chickens before they're been hatched but things are looking better than they were, once this is all settled we will see where it stands," he said as he passed by. "Pardon, I must attend to this."

see well I guess Twilight happens during combat." Derrick said then he called. "Bai Huan could you come here a moment?"

He looked over at the person called - though she wasn't the one recommended or whom he expeted, she made quick work of the spell on his hands and he looked impressed at her efficiency. Adley nodded to her. "Thank you," he said.

"Do you need any other help in restraining him Mr Roth Hicks?" Bai Huan asked. "We have set up some beds with medical restraints in the rooms we are enchanting and Miss Kelly made some leather finger restraints that should be more humane than para-cord."

"Good, would you mind taking over for my comrade here so he can finish his other duties? Let's get him to a bed and then bind him, and his fingers, shall we?" He gave a nod of thanks to Zach. "Thanks for your help, I think we can take it from here so you can do what you need to do."

// have fun Warp! Adley approves of big red fire boom ; )
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top