Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:42 pm

"I don't like to count all chickens before they're been hatched but things are looking better than they were, once this is all settled we will see where it stands," he said as he passed by. "Pardon, I must attend to this."

"Off course and it is better to not...count anything for certain before all the information is in..."
Isabella said and she hid a yawn behind her hand.
"I...will just head of back to bed I am useless to anyone in this half sleeping state anyway I just wondered what the blazes where going on."
The vampiress muttered and headed back into her chambers and closed the door and locked it, still looking irritated over having been disturbed.

He looked over at the person called - though she wasn't the one recommended or whom he expeted, she made quick work of the spell on his hands and he looked impressed at her efficiency. Adley nodded to her. "Thank you," he said.

The linear mage nodded politely.
"My pleasure Sir."
She said as she gave a slightly measured smile.

"Good, would you mind taking over for my comrade here so he can finish his other duties?

"No not at all."
Bai Huan said and she took over Zach's side of the makeshift stretcher with surprising physical strength for a slim though tall woman. Zach raised and eyebrow he seamed impressed.
"I should go and show the Chief that recording then."
He said to you.

Let's get him to a bed and then bind him, and his fingers, shall we?"

The Ex Miscellanea nodded.
"Very well, right through here."
She said and nodded towards one of the rooms.

He gave a nod of thanks to Zach. "Thanks for your help, I think we can take it from here so you can do what you need to do."

"Ok..sounds good. I will be seeing you around then."
He said and smiled to you.
"I am Zach Vigdis by the way, since names where not mentioned so much in the Labyrinth."
The Virtual Adept said and gave you a wave of his hand before he left for the stairs to go and speak with Joakim about that recording.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:56 pm

"Off course and it is better to not...count anything for certain before all the information is in..." Isabella said and she hid a yawn behind her hand. "I...will just head of back to bed I am useless to anyone in this half sleeping state anyway I just wondered what the blazes where going on."

"Good...er...morning," he hazarded.

"No not at all." Bai Huan said and she took over Zach's side of the makeshift stretcher with surprising physical strength for a slim though tall woman.

Zach raised and eyebrow he seamed impressed.
"I should go and show the Chief that recording then." He said to you. "Ok..sounds good. I will be seeing you around then."
He said and smiled to you. "I am Zach Vigdis by the way, since names where not mentioned so much in the Labyrinth."

"I hope to make proper aquaintence with you later, thanks for all your help." With that, he set off with his fellow Hermetic to secure Flavio immediately, within his cell. He glanced at him, to see if he showed signs of waking up; you just never knew, he could have been faking it all for a chance to escape and they could not afford to give him the opportunity.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:09 pm

"Good...er...morning," he hazarded.

"Yes I suppose it is...I am not completely sure the time actually, I only feel that the sun is up...but I think it is still morning."
Isabella said then seamed to get that what you said was meant as a pleasantry.
"Ah yes...good morning to you as well Mr Roth Hicks."
Isabella said and she gave you another tired smile before she entered her room and closed the door.

"I hope to make proper aquaintence with you later, thanks for all your help."

Zach nodded at that.
"Very well...see you."
He said before he headed for the stairs.

With that, he set off with his fellow Hermetic to secure Flavio immediately, within his cell. He glanced at him, to see if he showed signs of waking up; you just never knew, he could have been faking it all for a chance to escape and they could not afford to give him the opportunity.

Inside the cell stood the man you had been recommended by Joakim to seek out to deal with the stones on Flavio's hands, a quite plump man with black hair, he was going over some runes chalked onto the floor in the corners. As you got into the room you got this sinking feeling of your magick being restrained, never a plesant feeling. Alvin looked up when you and Bai Huan came in with Flavio and the linear Hermetic said to him.
"I am just going to help secure this prisoner Mentor and then I will help you go over the symbols but they sure feel like they are effective."
She said and wrinkled her nose and frowned at how it felt. Inside the room there where two sturdy beds with medical straps, in one of them lay the woman Colin had said was named Dalett, she was strapped down and her hands where placed into beak like gloves that kept her fingers slightly bent and immobile but which did not put strain on them like the cord did. Dalett lay softly weeping she glanced at you and the others when you came in but said nothing.

Flavio was just as still as ever, his chest rose and fell with his breath but other than that he did not move or seamed to notice anything around him. Bai Huan helped you get him into the bed and started strapping him down.
"Have he been searched for weapons and the like Sodalis?"
She asked as she worked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:33 pm

"I am no powerhouse but I am not defenseless in a fight either my Cabal...before I Fell got into a few scrapes with the Union so knowing how to pull my own weight in a confrontation was a boon. As for the Nephandi giving fighting lessons, some do, it really depends on the Labyrinth and if you have a teacher and what they want for you, we are not some uniform group, but yes I knew how to fight before my Fall."
Siege said then he smiled.
"Watching TV about cool swordsmen are still far more fun that actually being in a fight with one though, especially when said swordsman run your hand through with a sword with bloody shark teeth on the sides."
He grumbled and glanced down at his freshly healed hand.

"Yeah from what I've heard, the technocratic union would definitely toughen you up." Serge said with a smirk. "Thankfully I haven't met up with many. Did your previous cabal have to fight them often? If so I hope you could make yourself bulletproof. You did mention that you could make yourself more durable."

"Indeed, almost like your Traditions. You have the K'llasshaa they are your stereotypical Nephandus the way i understand it, torturing to death virgins and bathing in puppy guts that kind of things they worship the Outer Lords, the Outsider Things, the being that should not be, they are aggressive, destructive and no one likes them much. Then you have my group the Malfeans, we wish to bring the world to Entropic Asencion, not really as you said destroying the world, as something destroyed have an existence in the past but making it stop existing, making the world have never existed and going back to the pure state of nothing ness where there are potential for everything and yet nothing manifest or exist."
Siege said he sounded rather moved by his own words when he spoke about non existence.
"And then there are the Infernalists, they have made deals with dark entities and now they are stuck, they can be any sort of person really, so yeah we have rather differing goals."
Siege said and smiled a little.

Serge listened attentively, glad to see Siege talk so openly about the Nephandi's.

"At least you guys just have three. Try memorizing 9 different traditions each with their own philosophies and styles of magick. Even school didn't feel as confusing." Serge said after Siege was done explaining.

"It sounds like your really proud of your group." Serge commented on seeing how moved Siege was by his own words. "I assume you were doing a job for them when you met up with Mr Shark Sword and his gang."

"Not so much, each Labyrinth is lead by a Gilledian and he or she keep her own house in order and keep the peace between the members of their Labyrinth in more or less unpleasant ways. The Gilledian is assisted by their generals the Prelati, however beyond that there are few unifying organs between Labyrinths and we operate mostly individually though alliances between individual Labyrinths happen about as often as wars. There are the...Aswadim, but while they advice us they seldom take action so they can not be said to be our actual leaders."
He said and he sounded reverent and a bit hesitant talking about the Aswadim.
"But we have nothing like the Council of Nine or something like that tying us together."

Serge listened carefully when Siege explained the hierarchy of the Nephandi's. "Damn there's a lot more to the Nephandi's than I thought. So do you get your orders from the Prelati or is their someone else who's in charge of things like that?"
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:57 pm

"Yeah from what I've heard the technocratic union would definitely toughen you up." Serge said with a smirk. "Thankfully I haven't met up with many.

"Yeah I don't recommend playing with that gang, you will end up with a Primium bullet in your ass faster than you can blink."
Siege grumbled.

Did your previous cabal have to fight them often? If so I hope you could make yourself bulletproof. You did mention that you could make yourself more durable."

"I was a member of a War Chantry so yes I got in some scrapes with the Union men, as for bulletproof...well no not like the shaman with the sword I fought seamed to be, but can make myself heal pretty damn fast if I want to, and make sure I am stronger, faster and tougher than most."
The prisoner said and shrugged.

Serge listened attentively, glad to see Siege talk so openly about the Nephandi's.

"At least you guys just have three. Try memorizing 9 different traditions each with their own philosophies and styles of magick. Even school didn't feel as confusing." Serge said after Siege was done explaining.

"I have been a Traditionalist remember so I know, in many ways the Traditions still feel like a war council that have joined together just so they will not be picked of one by one by the Order of Reason, and yes we only have three factions, the rest left sometime during the Renaissance they where not to keen on the whole seeking Oblivion thing I guess."

"It sounds like your really proud of your group." Serge commented on seeing how moved Siege was by his own words. "I assume you were doing a job for them when you met up with Mr Shark Sword and his gang."

"I am proud of my faction yes...I believe in our goals."
Siege said and nodded.
"As to what I was doing that is not something I am willing to discuss, the thing that you could find out in a good Traditionalist library yes that in can talk about the inner workings of my Labyrinth no not so much."
He said and glanced up at you.
"Mr Shark Sword though...that is a good name for that guy."
The prisoner said wryly.

Serge listened carefully when Siege explained the hierarchy of the Nephandi's. "Damn there's a lot more to the Nephandi's than I thought. So do you get your orders from the Prelati or is their someone else who's in charge of things like that?"

"What did you think that we just sat in a hole in the ground sacrificing virgins all day?"
He asked sarcastically.
"Who I take my orders from and my placement in our hierarchy is also things I am not willing to discuss, you are after all my enemy and my jailer kid...ehm...Sarge was that what you said your name was?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:19 pm

Alvin looked up when you and Bai Huan came in with Flavio and the linear Hermetic said to him. "I am just going to help secure this prisoner Mentor and then I will help you go over the symbols but they sure feel like they are effective." She said and wrinkled her nose and frowned at how it felt. Inside the room there where two sturdy beds with medical straps, in one of them lay the woman Colin had said was named Dalett, she was strapped down and her hands where placed into beak like gloves that kept her fingers slightly bent and immobile but which did not put strain on them like the cord did. Dalett lay softly weeping she glanced at you and the others when you came in but said nothing.

"I concur, they seem to be working," he said, sounding as if he'd suddenly developed a frog in his throat in the span of the time between talking with Zach and now. "But it's always good to double check a work," he agreed. He saw the beds and moved over to put Flavio on it, mindful of what was said in front of Dalett.

Bai Huan helped you get him into the bed and started strapping him down. "Have he been searched for weapons and the like Sodalis?"
She asked as she worked.

"Yes; we took and destroyed his tools and he was searched for signs of investments, as we found he worked with demons, but found none, just tattoos," he said, sounding as if talking took more effort than usual. "It might be good to double check we missed any weapons now that he is relatively sedate, after his hands are bound. He apparently is in a seeking or quietus," he repeated, so they'd know what was wrong with him. "Ah, another thing! He was given vampire blood, be careful of his blood, it is tainted," he remembered.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:50 pm

"I concur, they seem to be working," he said, sounding as if he'd suddenly developed a frog in his throat in the span of the time between talking with Zach and now. "But it's always good to double check a work," he agreed. He saw the beds and moved over to put Flavio on it, mindful of what was said in front of Dalett.

Bai Huan looked at you and raised an eyebrow at how your voice suddenly sounded but she was to polite to ask.
"Yes double checking a working is wise Sodalis and especially since these prisoners will be quite desperate."
She agreed as she helped you to put Flavio on the bed.

"Yes; we took and destroyed his tools and he was searched for signs of investments, as we found he worked with demons, but found none, just tattoos," he said, sounding as if talking took more effort than usual. "It might be good to double check we missed any weapons now that he is relatively sedate, after his hands are bound.

"I agree checking him again is a good idea, but you should probably be the one to do so Sodalis it would not be proper for me to search a male prisoner unless there where no other options."
The hedge wizards said as she gently untied the para cord around Flavio's fingers and massaged them to get the blood circulation going, the prisoner did not seam to react as blood rushed back to his fingertips even if it had to hurt. Bai Huan then put the specially made gloves on Flavio's hand and locked them in place before she strapped his arms down to the bed.

He apparently is in a seeking or quietus," he repeated, so they'd know what was wrong with him. "Ah, another thing! He was given vampire blood, be careful of his blood, it is tainted," he remembered.

"Hum...I guess there is little to be done about his condition, the mindscape, Quiet or Seeking will just have to play itself out and perhaps it is for the best Sodalis for him and for us, he is no danger in this condition to anyone and with what lay ahead of him being trapped unaware in a mindscape is probably a blessing."
The third degree said then she wrinkled her nose again.
"I see, well I never Awakened so getting into contact with massassa blood is not that serious for me, but thank you for the warning non the less I do find it to be rather...disgusting."
She said the last part in a whisper and glanced in the direction of Isabella's bedroom she did not want to insult the vampiress Custos.
"Most of his blood is dried now anyway, I will arrange for a shift of clothes for him later but for now we just need to get the prisoners secured and we can see to their comfort later."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:05 am

"I agree checking him again is a good idea, but you should probably be the one to do so Sodalis it would not be proper for me to search a male prisoner unless there where no other options." The hedge wizards said as she gently untied the para cord around Flavio's fingers and massaged them to get the blood circulation going, the prisoner did not seam to react as blood rushed back to his fingertips even if it had to hurt. Bai Huan then put the specially made gloves on Flavio's hand and locked them in place before she strapped his arms down to the bed.

"I can do that, if you have some gloves around," he said, watching her use the binding gloves. "Those are a good idea. Sometimes it is a simple thing that we don't think about, seems obvious later..."

"Hum...I guess there is little to be done about his condition, the mindscape, Quiet or Seeking will just have to play itself out and perhaps it is for the best Sodalis for him and for us, he is no danger in this condition to anyone and with what lay ahead of him being trapped unaware in a mindscape is probably a blessing." The third degree said then she wrinkled her nose again. "I see, well I never Awakened so getting into contact with massassa blood is not that serious for me, but thank you for the warning non the less I do find it to be rather...disgusting." She said the last part in a whisper and glanced in the direction of Isabella's bedroom she did not want to insult the vampiress Custos. "Most of his blood is dried now anyway, I will arrange for a shift of clothes for him later but for now we just need to get the prisoners secured and we can see to their comfort later."

"Well, if anyone else needs to handle him it's best we keep tabs of the knowledge of what he has in his system, just in case. Anything else that you need my assistance with, while I am here? I can wait after all the prisoners are secure and you've checked your circles are ready, before leaving," he suggested as an example.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:44 am

"Yeah that is a bit unfair, then again mages who sell their soul to the unspeakable horror beyond are also usually cast in villainous roles which is also unfair."
The little girl said and pouted.
Colin grinned wryly, "Yes, well, Mages who sell their soul to anyone usually don't do so for altruistic motives... You really ought to read Faustus; it's a good cautionary tale..."

"I guess there is always theoretical studies but that is not the same."
Anna said and sigh.
"And if I grow stronger will not my Glass Dragon be in danger?"
She asked nervously.
"I just don't want to be without my magick."
He nodded, "Your Glass Dragon will still be safe, even if you get a fair bit better. Your magic will be there, waiting, when you can take off the restraints."

"That is actually kind of cool."
Anna said after a bit of consideration.
"Have you done that Mentor, used a device like that to see inside of you?"
He nodded, "Yes. Well, I didn't do so much of the looking at the time, but the military doctors wanted to make sure there weren't any stray pieces of missile or cockpit stuck inside my head when they put it back together... And I will be getting some new pictures taken pretty soon, I think."

Anna was silent for a moment.
"I guess if there where no other choice...I did let you talk me into letting Mr Horton give me that...whatever it was he said I needed it to stay alive when I was first captured and you brought me here but I am not sure if it was a good idea I did not feel it which means something of the needle could be left in me and I would not know."
She muttered nervously and scratched at the spot where she had been given an injection to boot her immune system after much reassurance and negotiation when you first brought her to the infirmary, it looked like she had scratched that spot allot.
"Anyway I guess that means I could...stay still if I had to save a friend but I do not want to!"
She declared nervously.
He nodded, "I'm quite certain Mr. Horton would have noticed if a piece of the needle broke off. They have a very specific length, and any deviations are easily spotted. And yes, you managed to stay still to save a friend, even if you didn't want to have something poked into your skin. And now, thanks to you being brave in a future, you might not have to be so brave again. For the first time. Er..."
He trailed off, looking a bit confused.

"What about before you have proved that there is something wrong with the serum?"
The young Nephanda asked skeptically.
He shook his head, "I am going to try to make arrangements to rent an alternative to the cuffs - a... more stylish collar or choker, which looks at least more like a fashion statement than handcuffs do. While such restraints are in place, there's no need to double up with injections."

"I...I don't know what to say or feel about that..."
Anna said and looked down she seamed rather overwhelmed.
"I...don't know if I would want to, but I don't know that I don't want to either."
He nodded, "Talk it over with your Glass Dragon. I'm sure he longs for that beach."

Anna looked at you and seamed to be thinking.
"Well I guess appeasing a ghost can be done, if that do not help I can try to chase her away Mentor."
She said and smiled. When you spoke about that unforgivable sin she simple nodded.
"So it is that bad...I am glad you did not have to do it then Mentor."
She commented before she settled down in bed.
"You should have your burns treated they look like they hurt..."
He smiled sadly, "I appreciate the offer, but no... I caused her great pain; it falls on me to try to appease her again, or... get help to destroy her, if necessary. I'd rather you not get involved with her."
He nodded, "The burns sting a little, yes. But, stiff upper lip and all that."

"Yeah you sort of did."
Kristina said and the young Verbena sounded amused.
"Well in either case I doubt it matters much who first get the idea."
He nodded, "Bootstrap paradox. I've got quite a few of them bouncing around..."

"I will look forward to it then, they are a fascinating Clan."
Kristina said and smiled.
"Helping out navigating a Labyrinth...hum...I have heard a rumor about them, that they are good guides in underground places and buildings, they are blessed by goblins they say, but whatever or not that is true I don't know."
Kristina said and Anna peeked up at her.
"Are there really goblins Miss?"
Kristina shrugs.
"I don't know little one but considering all the things that do exist ourselves included I would not be surprised it goblins existed as well."
He grinned, "Well, I don't know this, but I would presume goblins are a kind of Fey. And they exist, even if they aren't as common in these parts as they once were. Similar to dragons; not many of those on Earth, but there are some on Horizon."

"Then perhaps this is a fortunate thing, death is not always preferable to life you know and if this child can live a long and happy life then perhaps a bit of difficulty is worth it."
Adjan said and smiled.
He nodded, "That's the funny thing about life - it's usually better than the alternative. Even if there are some rough patches."

"That is a noble way to look at it, and yes it might be well worth it, still you are taking a great risk."
He said and frowned.
He nodded, "And I hope I haven't underestimated the cost, or overestimated my chances... but either way, I am prepared to pay my way as I go."

"Somehow I doubt that it have then again I heard this rumor at a Tribunal once about an Orphan girl crying herself out of trouble with an Paradox spirit who apparently grew soft whens he turned on the waterworks."
Adjan said and he sounded a bit amused.
He nodded, "Well, that's probably not going to be quite as effective for me - though pleading on behalf of someone else might yet help a little."

"I see, the Nephanda in question was Gilgulled then...well I guess there was no other choice..."
Adjan said and sigh.
"A conscious shard cluster, I have heard of them but never met a mage who have had such a soul, most fascinating, well the memory of the woman's love and a bit of her magick, there is worse things you could get but I would be careful with integrating to many corrupted shards into your souls, that might eventually literary add up to trouble."
He said and gave you a curious but also concerned look.
He nodded, "That's part of why I have such a personal interest in Avatar Purification. It's possible, it's been done, and I need to learn how, as well - to tidy up the darker corners of my soul, as it were. And yes, my Avatar is... remarkable, not only in that she has assembled herself from many pieces..."

"Hum...it is not a bad model, I would have to give that some thought but really it is an interesting way to look at things and it might make it reasonable to at least try to give some Fallen souls the chance to revert back rather than destroying them all as a matter of protocol and routine."
Adjan said he looked interested and gave you a smile.
"I am going to have to meditate on that one."
He smiled, "Do feel free to share what conclusions you reach - it's a work in progress, or rather a theory in its infancy."

"Perhaps you are right, maybe the same tiny part of him that made him protect his student also made him wish someone would stop him, there is hard to tell, well at least he is dead and will be bothering no one else until he is reborn and he might be a completely different person then."
He nodded, "Yes, let us hope he turns out a little less misanthropic next time..."

"Ah well that is one good thing he did at least."
Adjan said and frowned.
"Bloody Diego!"
He nodded, "Yes. I've yet to find a single Nephandus who likes him. He's... impressive like that. And not in a good way."

You found two of Alex's three nurses working there, along with Lady Arden, Sister Ragnhild the nun you had met earlier, Rosario, Enrique and Moonwater. Lady Arden came over to you, most of the wounded had been taken care of by now but there where still a few of the healers working, you see one of the Hermetics supporting Andy towards the stairs as you came down. Philippa smiled to you.
"Can I help you Mr Wainwright?"
She asked kindly.
He bowed politely to Philippa, "Lady Arden. Yes, I believe so... I suffered a bit of superficial damage in the fight with the Keeper of the Labyrinth - a bit of burning on my arm and leg. I'd appreciate having those healed; they do slow me down a bit, and it rather stings a little."

((OOC: Tapas was okay. Bit much seafood; not too fond of that, and my schnuckums is allergic to it, so that was a bit of a downer. Ended up leaving the post-dinner party a bit early to get some food before heading home. On the really bright side, the chairman of the board bought everyone drinks, so I got to try the 25 years old Glenmorangie. It was gooooooooooooood. Very Happy Also, Modern decks are easy enough - basically everything in the past several years, with specific exceptions, and nothing that's exclusively from Planechase or Commander sets. Wink Also, there's plenty of Big Red Fire Boom to go around in that deck. Four red Planeswalkers (well, two of them are Chandra in different variants), four creatures that double damage output - and they stack, doubling one another - and three creatures that let me cast the top card if it's a sorcery or instant before I draw. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:35 am

"Yeah I don't recommend playing with that gang, you will end up with a Primium bullet in your ass faster than you can blink."
Siege grumbled.

"Yeah I haven't met too many face to face. Either the place where I lived didn't have too many of them or I just got lucky." Serge said nonchalantly trying to see if he could get the prisoner to talk about where he might've fought the Technocracy.

"I was a member of a War Chantry so yes I got in some scrapes with the Union men, as for bulletproof...well no not like the shaman with the sword I fought seamed to be, but can make myself heal pretty damn fast if I want to, and make sure I am stronger, faster and tougher than most."
The prisoner said and shrugged.

"A war chantry? That sounds cool." Serge said curiously. "Warring against who? I assume the Technocratic union. Can't say I've ever heard of a chantry whose sole objective was war....although I guess their would be a lot of those scattered around. I've always known chantries to be safe havens for mages."

"I have been a Traditionalist remember so I know, in many ways the Traditions still feel like a war council that have joined together just so they will not be picked of one by one by the Order of Reason, and yes we only have three factions, the rest left sometime during the Renaissance they where not to keen on the whole seeking Oblivion thing I guess."

"You were a Traditionalist weren't you." Serge responded in a matter of fact tone. "Did you enjoy your time with your chantry? Busting union heads and winning lottery tickets with that fun luck magick of yours. I could never get the hang of that stuff."

"I am proud of my faction yes...I believe in our goals."
Siege said and nodded.
"As to what I was doing that is not something I am willing to discuss, the thing that you could find out in a good Traditionalist library yes that in can talk about the inner workings of my Labyrinth no not so much."
He said and glanced up at you.
"Mr Shark Sword though...that is a good name for that guy."
The prisoner said wryly.

Serge ignored the prisoner's deflections of his previous question and decided to ask about his personal details rather than the inner workings of the Nephandi's.

"Honestly...the shaman's have some of the coolest toys from what I've heard. Well the Sons of Ether and Virtual Adepts have their fun gadgets but nothing seems to top shark teeth sword." Serge said trying to bring back a more pleasant atmosphere before asking his next question.

"Did you always believe in your groups goals?" Serge asked innocently. "I mean its kinda hard to believe that you woke up one day and decided that reality as we know it needs to be brought into Entropic Asencion."

"What did you think that we just sat in a hole in the ground sacrificing virgins all day?"
He asked sarcastically.
"Who I take my orders from and my placement in our hierarchy is also things I am not willing to discuss, you are after all my enemy and my jailer kid...ehm...Sarge was that what you said your name was?"

"Virgins, puppies, bananas, I dunno their's a lot of things you could be sacrificing." Serge responded with an equally humorous response.

"The name is Serge. You know our names are kinda similar....sort of.....I mean they both start with S."
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:59 am

Adley:

"I can do that, if you have some gloves around," he said, watching her use the binding gloves. "Those are a good idea. Sometimes it is a simple thing that we don't think about, seems obvious later..."

"I think we do, one moment please. As for the hand restraints it was Miss Kelly who made them, and I have to admit they do work pretty well."
The hedge wizard said and she got up and quickly left the room before she returned with a box of rubber gloves.
"Will these do Sodalis?"

"Well, if anyone else needs to handle him it's best we keep tabs of the knowledge of what he has in his system, just in case.

"We could leave a notebook with him for such information to be kept in."
Bai Huan suggested.

Anything else that you need my assistance with, while I am here? I can wait after all the prisoners are secure and you've checked your circles are ready, before leaving," he suggested as an example.

"You know Sodalis that is a good idea just to make sure and this should not take long, my Mentor is pretty good at what he do, but sometimes looking over things with a fresh set of eyes even less experienced ones can reveal flaws not seen the first time around."
She said as she finished strapping Flavio down before she went to have a look at the symbols, inspecting them closely, exchanging a few words with her old teacher then she returned.
"Thank you Sodalis I think that should do it."
She said and gave you a smile.

Colin:

Colin grinned wryly, "Yes, well, Mages who sell their soul to anyone usually don't do so for altruistic motives... You really ought to read Faustus; it's a good cautionary tale..."

"I guess...but I mean not everyone is the Labyrinth are bad people."
Anna protested.
"Is that a book Mentor?"

He nodded, "Your Glass Dragon will still be safe, even if you get a fair bit better. Your magic will be there, waiting, when you can take off the restraints."

The little girl sigh and nodded.
"Yes Mentor and it is better than never getting to use magick again it is but I still don't like it. But you are sure my Glass Dragon will be ok?"

He nodded, "Yes. Well, I didn't do so much of the looking at the time, but the military doctors wanted to make sure there weren't any stray pieces of missile or cockpit stuck inside my head when they put it back together... And I will be getting some new pictures taken pretty soon, I think."

"Where you hit by a missile? That must have been really scary."
The little girl said her eyes wide then she added.
"Are you sick is that why you are getting those pictures taken Mentor?"

He nodded, "I'm quite certain Mr. Horton would have noticed if a piece of the needle broke off. They have a very specific length, and any deviations are easily spotted.

"What is it was a really, really little piece that where to small to see?"
Anna protested. Alex looked up from where he was examining William's hands but not touching them yet.
"Then it would not matter child, it would either be rejected and come back out or most likely just end up in the loo."
He said but she did not look reassured by that.
"But it could be there it could!"
She declared fearfully. Alex sigh and indicate for William that he would be right back then he went to a cabinet and found some sort of measuring device, plopped some coal into one end and lit them, steam rose up from a little chimney and several antennae started swirling around, he pressed a screen on the device several times and then handed it to you.
"Here have her hold this metal end here and it will show anything in her body that is not naturally a part of her."
He said, the device ran on steam and had a wheel on the side one could spin something up with, and it had a touch screen, there was some wired connected to a copper handle hanging from it. Anna glanced at the device curiously.
"What is that Mentor?"
She asked.

And yes, you managed to stay still to save a friend, even if you didn't want to have something poked into your skin. And now, thanks to you being brave in a future, you might not have to be so brave again. For the first time. Er..."
He trailed off, looking a bit confused.

"You talk like a Cultist of Ecstasy Mentor."
Anna said then she nodded, she still looked nervous about it be she seamed to accept or explanation and assurances that the situation now might never arise.

He shook his head, "I am going to try to make arrangements to rent an alternative to the cuffs - a... more stylish collar or choker, which looks at least more like a fashion statement than handcuffs do. While such restraints are in place, there's no need to double up with injections."

"I do not like to be put in a collar like a dog, but it is better than the serum by far and I guess it would be more comfortable than cuffs."
Anna said and frowned.
"So then you are sure I don't have to go on that serum Mentor?"
She asked looking for reassurance.

He nodded, "Talk it over with your Glass Dragon. I'm sure he longs for that beach."

"I will talk with him Mentor...but this feel so strange the idea that I can go back, that is scary."
Anna muttered softly and looked down.

He smiled sadly, "I appreciate the offer, but no... I caused her great pain; it falls on me to try to appease her again, or... get help to destroy her, if necessary. I'd rather you not get involved with her."

The young Nephanda looked at you for a moment then she sigh.
"As you will Mentor you are the boss but I do not like that a ghost will be bullying you around though if you hurt her I guess the best thing to do is to try to make amends."
She agreed hesitantly.

He nodded, "The burns sting a little, yes. But, stiff upper lip and all that."

"Why would you get a stiff upper lip from being burned on the leg and the arm and also that sounds like an impractical thing when one needs to talk."
Anna said and looked confused.

He nodded, "Bootstrap paradox. I've got quite a few of them bouncing around..."

Kristina just nodded at that.

He grinned, "Well, I don't know this, but I would presume goblins are a kind of Fey. And they exist, even if they aren't as common in these parts as they once were. Similar to dragons; not many of those on Earth, but there are some on Horizon."

"If they exist then yes they are probably fay like your Mentor says."
Kristina said. Anna's eyes grew wide.
"There are dragons on Horizon Mentor? Have you ever seen one? Can we go and see them?"
She asked eagerly and bounced a bit in the bed.

He nodded, "That's the funny thing about life - it's usually better than the alternative. Even if there are some rough patches."

"I tend to agree, even if some would find that ironic given my Tradition."
Adjan said and smiled a little.
"There are times when death is the only option but usually life is better and it is just a matter of getting through those rough patches."

He nodded, "And I hope I haven't underestimated the cost, or overestimated my chances... but either way, I am prepared to pay my way as I go."

The Euthanatos nodded at that.
"For what it is worth I hope you are successful Colin and that the price you end up paying is not to bad."

He nodded, "Well, that's probably not going to be quite as effective for me - though pleading on behalf of someone else might yet help a little."

"It might then again perhaps you get a Paradox spirit who just can stand to watch a grown man cry."
Adjan said and grinned.

He nodded, "That's part of why I have such a personal interest in Avatar Purification. It's possible, it's been done, and I need to learn how, as well - to tidy up the darker corners of my soul, as it were. And yes, my Avatar is... remarkable, not only in that she has assembled herself from many pieces..."

Mia seamed pleased to hear that praise. Adjan nodded.
"Just do not get to much of those corrupted pieces before you can cleanse them and perhaps not let to many other Traditionalists know what is going on with you."
He advices though the look in his eye said he was not sure if he believed a Fallen Avatar could come back, hoped yes but not sure he believed just yet.

He smiled, "Do feel free to share what conclusions you reach - it's a work in progress, or rather a theory in its infancy."

"I will do so, but for now this damned war with the Nephandi to stop their ritual today weigh the most on my mind but I will get back to you when I have the time to consider such esoteric topics."
The death magus promised.

He nodded, "Yes, let us hope he turns out a little less misanthropic next time..."

"Yes well we can always hope, I guess it also in part depends on who finds him after he is reborn."
Adjan muttered.

He nodded, "Yes. I've yet to find a single Nephandus who likes him. He's... impressive like that. And not in a good way."

"I guess he have made it his life's mission to be an ass to everyone he meets."

He bowed politely to Philippa, "Lady Arden. Yes, I believe so... I suffered a bit of superficial damage in the fight with the Keeper of the Labyrinth - a bit of burning on my arm and leg. I'd appreciate having those healed; they do slow me down a bit, and it rather stings a little."

Philippa nodded.
"Off course Mr Wainwright I will take care of it."
She said as she begun to examine your burns then she took a salve that smelled strongly of herbs from her belt pouch and begun to gently apply it, the cream that a soothing feel even if having the burns touched hurt a bit. One done coating the burns Philippa took out her ritual dagger and pricked her thumb and let six drops of blood hit the floor. You could feel the burns healing, but it did not hurt it just itched a little, before more than a few minutes had gone by your skin was again whole and unbroken and just a bit pink and tender.
"That should do it Mr Wainwright unless you have some other injuries? I recommend keeping the freshly healed skin soft with some mostinizer for the first few days until it gains the consistency of your other skin.
The Verbena said and she gave you a bit of a smile.
"How do you feel young man?"

Serge:

"Yeah I haven't met too many face to face. Either the place where I lived didn't have too many of them or I just got lucky." Serge said nonchalantly trying to see if he could get the prisoner to talk about where he might've fought the Technocracy.

"Some areas have more of them than others off course, however as I belonged to a War Chantry we did travel around a bit and assisted those who had trouble with the Technocracy that was our job and function in Tradition society."
Siege explained.

"A war chantry? That sounds cool." Serge said curiously.

"Not so cool really, people would get hurt and die war is a bloody business but such Chantries are also a necessity."
The prisoner said with a faraway look in his eyes.

"Warring against who? I assume the Technocratic union. Can't say I've ever heard of a chantry whose sole objective was war....although I guess their would be a lot of those scattered around. I've always known chantries to be safe havens for mages."

"The Technocrats and ironically enough the Nephandi, anyone who where the Tradition's opponents int he Asencion War, that theoretically also include the Marauders but really they don't get to much involved."
The Nephandus said and shrugged.
"Ah yes and that vampiric embarrassment of the Hermetics from time to time as well heavens I hate vampires!"
He muttered and shuddered.
"Most Chantries are just places where magi live under safety in numbers but some have specific purposes like War or Collage Chantries, and there are a few of them, not allot but a few."

"You were a Traditionalist weren't you." Serge responded in a matter of fact tone. "Did you enjoy your time with your chantry? Busting union heads and winning lottery tickets with that fun luck magick of yours. I could never get the hang of that stuff."

"Ah yes the lottery I did not do a much of that, it is to viable, it increase the chance you will be tracked down by the Union and you take your Chantry down with you as you go, but I might have won a few minor prizes now and again."
"Yes I did enjoy my time with my Chantry and my Cabal, there are times when I still miss them."

Serge ignored the prisoner's deflections of his previous question and decided to ask about his personal details rather than the inner workings of the Nephandi's.

"Honestly...the shaman's have some of the coolest toys from what I've heard.

"Well they have some nice tools, so do the Verbena but I guess the technomancers have us all beat in the toy department."
Siege said and grinned.

Well the Sons of Ether and Virtual Adepts have their fun gadgets but nothing seems to top shark teeth sword." Serge said trying to bring back a more pleasant atmosphere before asking his next question.

"Well I have to admit, that sword was pretty damn impressive and getting stabbed with it hurt like you would not believe."
He muttered and frowned.
"Cheeky bastard that Shaman."

"Did you always believe in your groups goals?" Serge asked innocently. "I mean its kinda hard to believe that you woke up one day and decided that reality as we know it needs to be brought into Entropic Asencion."

"No I did not believe them before I went though the Caul...the way someone becomes Nephandus."
Siega said and his eyes went dark and he looked away, this clearly where not a fond memory.

"Virgins, puppies, bananas, I dunno their's a lot of things you could be sacrificing." Serge responded with an equally humorous response.

That made Siege grin though the earlier question where he had mentioned the Caul still seamed to weigh on him.

"The name is Serge. You know our names are kinda similar....sort of.....I mean they both start with S."

"Serge...yes off course I am sorry...hum...well yes they both start with a S and have somewhat similar intonation, I am sure a Hermetic could find some meaning in that, they are pretty hung up on names."
He said and smiled a little.

(OOC: That sucks about the restaurant Warp. It is not putting a deck together for Modern that is the problem it is playing with strangers that is the issue for me.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:43 am

"I think we do, one moment please. As for the hand restraints it was Miss Kelly who made them, and I have to admit they do work pretty well." The hedge wizard said and she got up and quickly left the room before she returned with a box of rubber gloves. "Will these do Sodalis?"

He nodded, taking the gloves and pulling a few pairs out. He stuck a couple away for later, and put some on before giving Flavio another check over, for something he missed.

"We could leave a notebook with him for such information to be kept in." Bai Huan suggested.

"I'd hesitate to make a record as it could be found, but possibly we could find a code to use," he said. "Something to tell the next watch, at any rate."

"You know Sodalis that is a good idea just to make sure and this should not take long, my Mentor is pretty good at what he do, but sometimes looking over things with a fresh set of eyes even less experienced ones can reveal flaws not seen the first time around." She said as she finished strapping Flavio down before she went to have a look at the symbols, inspecting them closely, exchanging a few words with her old teacher then she returned. "Thank you Sodalis I think that should do it."

He gave her a nod as she said she was done. "Thank you for your help, now if you'll excuse me," he said with a bit of a half-bow. He hurried up to the Chief's office, glad enough to quit the area with the dampening effect in place.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:54 am

He nodded, taking the gloves and pulling a few pairs out. He stuck a couple away for later, and put some on before giving Flavio another check over, for something he missed.

You did not find anything on Flavio that you had not found the first time checking him.

"I'd hesitate to make a record as it could be found, but possibly we could find a code to use," he said. "Something to tell the next watch, at any rate."

"Why would there be a problem if anyone find a list of what the prisoner have been given to eat or the details on his condition we are in a Chantry after all, and for a code to be useful that means the others reading it will have to know it and I do not know who is the next of guard duty, not to be rude Sodalis but it seams to be a unnecessary and impractical project to me."
Bai Huan said and raised an eyebrow.

He gave her a nod as she said she was done. "Thank you for your help, now if you'll excuse me," he said with a bit of a half-bow. He hurried up to the Chief's office, glad enough to quit the area with the dampening effect in place.

The hedge wizard returned your bow politely.
"Off course Sodalis, thank you as well, have a good morning."
She said as she gave the prisoners a last look over and she and her Mentor left the makeshift cell to stand guard outside.

You got up to the Chief's office, you did feel better when leaving the dampening circle. Joakim opened the door for you and gave you a small smile.
"Come in Sodalis you wanted to talk."
He said as he closed the door behind you and indicated one of the chairs in his office and got behind the desk.
"Would you like a cup of coffee I just put on a fresh pot?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:22 am

You did not find anything on Flavio that you had not found the first time checking him.

"Nothing else," he said, carefully discarding the gloves in a bin.

"Why would there be a problem if anyone find a list of what the prisoner have been given to eat or the details on his condition we are in a Chantry after all, and for a code to be useful that means the others reading it will have to know it and I do not know who is the next of guard duty, not to be rude Sodalis but it seams to be a unnecessary and impractical project to me."

"The answers to that are bound for a longer conversation, but you can chalk it up to paranoia, if you'd rather," he said, looking tired.

Joakim opened the door for you and gave you a small smile. "Come in Sodalis you wanted to talk." He said as he closed the door behind you and indicated one of the chairs in his office and got behind the desk. "Would you like a cup of coffee I just put on a fresh pot?"

"Not really, thanks," he said, stepping inside. "I need a hot shower with soap, two weeks of sleep, some food, and...well, I just wanted to report in and discuss some of the details about the prisoners we found. It's not something that you may wish common knowledge," he said, looking over at the coffee pot as if he were reconsidering the offer. "Was what the adept sent you anything good?" he asked, standing until he was given leave to sit, even if he wanted to collapse into a pile. He pulled out a notebook and wrote out a few lines as he spoke. "Back to front, the one carried in is a Flambeau barrabus, he started to meddle in demons, it asked for him to rescue someone from the Order of Reason, as they were becoming the Technocracy, and it turned out to be a Nephandus. Ever since, they've been holding it over his head and progressively he did worse things and eventually he walked through the caul. I challenged him on his viewpoint of destroying everything, since it was clear that there were things he still enjoyed about the universe and existing. He had a difficult time reconciling that with his actions; I suppose that is why he is in the state he is in now. His latest gambit at the behest of Abigail was to take vampire blood." He offered out a note that told Joakim the man's mentor, though not the full name, enough for him to know who he meant. "The man that came in earlier, Willie, was...also a Hermetic, he was given as an indentured servant as his sentence for a crime. He was then traded...and became a slave to the Nephandi." He produced a quick summary of the case details, parties involved in a similar shorthand and how Willie had been treated. "As you can see, this complicates matters, hence discretion." He sighed, looking flat out exhausted and emotionally wrung out. "My amicus came in before me, is everything ok?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:30 am

"Nothing else," he said, carefully discarding the gloves in a bin.

"That is good at least."
Bai Huan said and glanced down at Flavio.

"The answers to that are bound for a longer conversation, but you can chalk it up to paranoia, if you'd rather," he said, looking tired.

"I see, far be it for me to dismiss your concerns Sodalis I am just saying that to set up some code and then teaching to every guard that have something to do with this prisoner is allot of work and with several other prisoners that also needs tending to it might be to much at the moment, however such decisions really are for Chief Joakim to make."
The hedge wizard said softly and gave you a smile to show that she did not mean any offense.

"Not really, thanks," he said, stepping inside. "I need a hot shower with soap, two weeks of sleep, some food, and...well, I just wanted to report in and discuss some of the details about the prisoners we found. It's not something that you may wish common knowledge," he said, looking over at the coffee pot as if he were reconsidering the offer.

"I will see if I can arrange for the rest of the list as soon as possible or at least some of it, but for now all I can offer are some coffee."
Joakim said kindly.
"Well the pot is there is you change your mind, for now what was it you wanted to say?"
He said as he filled his own cup and sat down.

"Was what the adept sent you anything good?" he asked, standing until he was given leave to sit, even if he wanted to collapse into a pile.

"Please sit Sodalis...I mean no offense but you look like death warmed over."
The old hedge wizard said he looked rather tired himself.
"Yes there was not much information but it was useful, in short it was some information on agents Larson have among the Traditions, he did not know names but the descriptions where rather...telling, he also spoke about the entry portals and some about the members of the Labyrinth."
Joakim said and handed you his phone than now contained a copy of the file.
"If you would like to send it to your own phone or listen to it."

He pulled out a notebook and wrote out a few lines as he spoke. "Back to front, the one carried in is a Flambeau barrabus, he started to meddle in demons, it asked for him to rescue someone from the Order of Reason, as they were becoming the Technocracy, and it turned out to be a Nephandus. Ever since, they've been holding it over his head and progressively he did worse things and eventually he walked through the caul. I challenged him on his viewpoint of destroying everything, since it was clear that there were things he still enjoyed about the universe and existing. He had a difficult time reconciling that with his actions; I suppose that is why he is in the state he is in now.

"Hum...I fear many are forced to join the Nephandi in such a way, that he ended up in a Seeking or a Quiet after talking with you though that...is something else, it almost makes me want to come up with some ploy so we can keep him here until he recovers so we might have a chance to find out what such a communication with his Avatar have led to."
Joakim said as he sipped his coffee.

His latest gambit at the behest of Abigail was to take vampire blood." He offered out a note that told Joakim the man's mentor, though not the full name, enough for him to know who he meant.

The mentioning about vampire blood made Joakim's eyes darken.
"Bloody fool."
He muttered clearly upset at that revelation he read your note and frowned.
"Well this complicates matters."
He muttered.

"The man that came in earlier, Willie, was...also a Hermetic, he was given as an indentured servant as his sentence for a crime. He was then traded...and became a slave to the Nephandi." He produced a quick summary of the case details, parties involved in a similar shorthand and how Willie had been treated.

"I have never been much of a fan of the whole concept of indentured servitude, what you say is horrible though Sodalis, the young man is probably going to have to stand trial but my guess is that we can make some arrangement for him to save his life and perhaps get him back on his feet eventually, maybe one of the Mercere can manage to reach through his trauma, and in either case he might have some useful information for us if we give him some time and reason to trust us."
Joakim said and sigh.

"As you can see, this complicates matters, hence discretion." He sighed, looking flat out exhausted and emotionally wrung out.

"It do indeed complicate matters and present some challenges...I am glad you came to me with it Sodalis it is indeed matters that needs some discretion especially about the Fallen man from our own House."
He said and frowned as if the thought of a Fallen Flambeau disgusted him and it probably did, like most magi Joakim was proud of his House.

"My amicus came in before me, is everything ok?"

"I think so, it concerned a little Nephandi girl he have adopted, she was dreadfully frightened by one of Mr Horton's nurses, the woman meant well I am sure but she manage to get the girl panicled and there was concern for her health if she was not calmed down, I do think Mr Wainwright managed to defuse the situation."
Joakim said and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:56 pm

"Some areas have more of them than others of course, however as I belonged to a War Chantry we did travel around a bit and assisted those who had trouble with the Technocracy that was our job and function in Tradition society."
Siege explained.

"Sounds like you were a pretty benevolent group. Did you ever feel like a superhero? Helping people in their time of need." Serge asked.

"The Technocrats and ironically enough the Nephandi, anyone who where the Tradition's opponents int he Asencion War, that theoretically also include the Marauders but really they don't get to much involved."
The Nephandus said and shrugged.
"Ah yes and that vampiric embarrassment of the Hermetics from time to time as well heavens I hate vampires!"
He muttered and shuddered.
"Most Chantries are just places where magi live under safety in numbers but some have specific purposes like War or Collage Chantries, and there are a few of them, not allot but a few."

"Yeah I got excited when I first learned about the night-folk. Than I learned more about them and became extremely terrified of the dark." Serge said at the mention of vampires.

"Seems like you've lived quite the life. Did you ever get to fight a vampire?"

"Ah yes the lottery I did not do a much of that, it is to viable, it increase the chance you will be tracked down by the Union and you take your Chantry down with you as you go, but I might have won a few minor prizes now and again."
"Yes I did enjoy my time with my Chantry and my Cabal, there are times when I still miss them."

"We all miss our previous selves." Serge said reminiscing about his past. "I used to be just a simple high school slacker. Now I'm in learning about mages and magick and worrying some random men-in-black wannabe's will come up and shoot me in the back of the head."

Looking back at Siege, Serge asked "I just can't help but wonder. If you enjoyed your time with chantry....what changed? How did you end up with the Nephandi?"

"No I did not believe them before I went though the Caul...the way someone becomes Nephandus."
Siega said and his eyes went dark and he looked away, this clearly where not a fond memory.

"Doesn't sound like a pleasant experience." Serge said noticing Siege's subtle clues. "The Nephandi must have one hell of a recruitment method if they could get people to do things like that."

((OOC: Ok guys I think its time for Serge's first roll. Manipulation + Subterfuge to try and subtly get Siege to explain how he was recruited by the Nephandi: 5, 4, 7, 9, 9, 3, 8. If I did something wrong please let me know.))
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:20 pm

"Sounds like you were a pretty benevolent group. Did you ever feel like a superhero? Helping people in their time of need." Serge asked.

"Benevolent I guess that depend on which eyes you look at it with, I think we did a good job from the Tradition's point of view but I doubt the Technocracy saw us as benevolent, and no I never felt like a superhero...I was a soldier I killed to protect my loved ones and protect magick itself, but it was still killing, and every one of those Union men and women had loved ones, apprentices...lives of their own that was cut short. Like I said war makes for better stories in a book or on TV kid than living it."
The prisoner said glumly.

"Yeah I got excited when I first learned about the night-folk. Than I learned more about them and became extremely terrified of the dark." Serge said at the mention of vampires.

"They are best stayed away from and their blood is potion to our kind."
Siege warned as he glanced away from you.

"Seems like you've lived quite the life. Did you ever get to fight a vampire?"

The prisoner sigh.
"Yeah a couple of times when Order of Hermes' little embarrassment went after Chantries or took apprentices to join to their ranks...they will do that at times...it did not end well for the vampires but they can be tough opponents..."

"We all miss our previous selves." Serge said reminiscing about his past. "I used to be just a simple high school slacker. Now I'm in learning about mages and magick and worrying some random men-in-black wannabe's will come up and shoot me in the back of the head."

"Oh do not worry about the Union men shooting you in the head, that is usually a quick and painless way to go...worry about them shooting you with a tranq dart and dragging you off to experiment on you, send you to be slave labor in their factories or use you for spare parts...or worse..."
The Nephandus muttered glumly.
"But yeah life was simpler before I Awakened but I would not trade it away for anything."

Looking back at Siege, Serge asked "I just can't help but wonder. If you enjoyed your time with chantry....what changed? How did you end up with the Nephandi?"

"I met a woman, I fell in love and listened to what she had to say, she made sweet promises and what she spoke of sounded more and more attractive, eventually I joined her."
Siege said flatly.

"Doesn't sound like a pleasant experience." Serge said noticing Siege's subtle clues. "The Nephandi must have one hell of a recruitment method if they could get people to do things like that."

"Well it is usually not advertised how bad it is..."
The Nephandus said and leaned his head backwards and looked up at the roof.
"And once you go into the Caul there is no going back but yes we are good at offering people exactly what they want, give someone enough intensive and you can get them to do anything."
He said and gave a half smile.

(OOC: I might be a bit slow in replying today as I am having guests over for RPG.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:13 pm

"I guess...but I mean not everyone is the Labyrinth are bad people."
Anna protested.
"Is that a book Mentor?"
Colin nodded, "It's a classic - the namesake for a Faustian Pact, in fact - about a quite clever doctor who thinks he can get the better bargain in a deal with the devil. It goes roughly as you might expect..."

The little girl sigh and nodded.
"Yes Mentor and it is better than never getting to use magick again it is but I still don't like it. But you are sure my Glass Dragon will be ok?"
He smiled, "I'm not going to let just anyone get near it. Though, there is a man i know who you might wish to allow to sing for it - he can invite your Avatar outside for a look around; a most remarkable ability. He can't force it, though, only invite it to come out to look around."

"Where you hit by a missile? That must have been really scary."
The little girl said her eyes wide then she added.
"Are you sick is that why you are getting those pictures taken Mentor?"
He shrugged, "It was very scary very briefly, and then I was rather unconscious. And no, i am not sick - I am going to offer personal, incontrovertible evidence as to why the serum is a bad idea to use, voluntarily."

"What is it was a really, really little piece that where to small to see?"
Anna protested. Alex looked up from where he was examining William's hands but not touching them yet.
"Then it would not matter child, it would either be rejected and come back out or most likely just end up in the loo."
He said but she did not look reassured by that.
"But it could be there it could!"
She declared fearfully. Alex sigh and indicate for William that he would be right back then he went to a cabinet and found some sort of measuring device, plopped some coal into one end and lit them, steam rose up from a little chimney and several antennae started swirling around, he pressed a screen on the device several times and then handed it to you.
"Here have her hold this metal end here and it will show anything in her body that is not naturally a part of her."
He said, the device ran on steam and had a wheel on the side one could spin something up with, and it had a touch screen, there was some wired connected to a copper handle hanging from it. Anna glanced at the device curiously.
"What is that Mentor?"
She asked.
He scratched his head, "It appears to be a steam-powered... body scanner of some sort."
He extended the copper handle to Anna, "Well, I trust his medical and technological expertise - hold on to this and let us see what it says?"

"You talk like a Cultist of Ecstasy Mentor."
Anna said then she nodded, she still looked nervous about it be she seamed to accept or explanation and assurances that the situation now might never arise.
He nodded, "I suppose I do... Well, I talk like a Cultist, think like a Euthanatos, work like a Hermetic, and apparently now barter with spirits like a Dreamspeaker. Next thing you know, I'll be picking up alchemy like a Solificati and hand-to-hand techniques like an Akashic Brother..."

"I do not like to be put in a collar like a dog, but it is better than the serum by far and I guess it would be more comfortable than cuffs."
Anna said and frowned.
"So then you are sure I don't have to go on that serum Mentor?"
She asked looking for reassurance.
He nodded, completely serious, "They'll have to go through me and an unpleasant amount of rather corrupted primal fire to do so... so I am pretty certain, yes."

"I will talk with him Mentor...but this feel so strange the idea that I can go back, that is scary."
Anna muttered softly and looked down.
He smiled, "It's a strange place to go, but I think you'll find it a good choice. Some of the best things in life are a bit scary to begin with."

The young Nephanda looked at you for a moment then she sigh.
"As you will Mentor you are the boss but I do not like that a ghost will be bullying you around though if you hurt her I guess the best thing to do is to try to make amends."
She agreed hesitantly.
He nodded sadly, "I... executed her son. I don't think I could have hurt her worse... but I promised, I will make a memorial for her son, and once I have done so... she will come for me. At that time, I hope I have the means to either appease her or subdue her, or let her pass on peacefully to the next life..."

"Why would you get a stiff upper lip from being burned on the leg and the arm and also that sounds like an impractical thing when one needs to talk."
Anna said and looked confused.
He smiled wryly, "Ah, no, keeping a stiff upper lip is rather a Britishism. It means to remain unruffled under any circumstances. To keep calm and carry on, as it were. It's part of how we managed to keep an Empire on which the sun never set for, well, a couple hundred years. Well, that, and systematic oppression of the native population in the colonies, but we don't usually speak so much about that. We acknowledge it as historical fact, of course, we just don't like to talk about it... Ah, Sleeper politics..."

"If they exist then yes they are probably fay like your Mentor says."
Kristina said. Anna's eyes grew wide.
"There are dragons on Horizon Mentor? Have you ever seen one? Can we go and see them?"
She asked eagerly and bounced a bit in the bed.
He shook his head, "Haven't been there yet in this life - but yes, I fully well intend to take you on a trip to observe a few dragons. Preferably from a helicopter or similar, though - I'd rather not risk getting to close; dragons are big, powerful and potentially irritable and hungry, and I don't want to give an endangered species indigestion."

"I tend to agree, even if some would find that ironic given my Tradition."
Adjan said and smiled a little.
"There are times when death is the only option but usually life is better and it is just a matter of getting through those rough patches."
He shrugged, "I don't see it as ironic - you offer relief from the unbearable and an end to the insufferable; death is only the last means to achieve that end."

The Euthanatos nodded at that.
"For what it is worth I hope you are successful Colin and that the price you end up paying is not to bad."
He nodded, "If I succeed, the price will not be too bad, I think... Even a life for a life is a price worth paying - though i don't think it will quite come to that."

"It might then again perhaps you get a Paradox spirit who just can stand to watch a grown man cry."
Adjan said and grinned.
He grimaced, "Oh, I don't think crying will be the form my plea might take. Probably a more rational argument based in pointing to the rescued woman..."

Mia seamed pleased to hear that praise. Adjan nodded.
"Just do not get to much of those corrupted pieces before you can cleanse them and perhaps not let to many other Traditionalists know what is going on with you."
He advices though the look in his eye said he was not sure if he believed a Fallen Avatar could come back, hoped yes but not sure he believed just yet.
He nodded, "Indeed... And I believe i can trust you - my unique vantage point is part of why I believe I can help find a way to deal with unwanted Resonance... and I don't think you would jeopardize that. Unless, of course, I were to utterly fail in my work to revert Avatars - which I sincerely doubt will happen owing to my visions of the future - in which case I trust you to do that which is necessary."

"I will do so, but for now this damned war with the Nephandi to stop their ritual today weigh the most on my mind but I will get back to you when I have the time to consider such esoteric topics."
The death magus promised.
He nodded, "Quite so. There'll be plenty of time to think after the crisis is dealt with. Well... for a couple months until the next crisis, and then a couple more until the next after that..."
He sighed, "Things will be rather busy for some time, I'm afraid..."

"I guess he have made it his life's mission to be an ass to everyone he meets."
He sighed, "He's not gaining any friends anywhere, that's for certain. I half expect even his Avatar will be glad to be rid of him by any means..."

Philippa nodded.
"Off course Mr Wainwright I will take care of it."
She said as she begun to examine your burns then she took a salve that smelled strongly of herbs from her belt pouch and begun to gently apply it, the cream that a soothing feel even if having the burns touched hurt a bit. One done coating the burns Philippa took out her ritual dagger and pricked her thumb and let six drops of blood hit the floor. You could feel the burns healing, but it did not hurt it just itched a little, before more than a few minutes had gone by your skin was again whole and unbroken and just a bit pink and tender.
"That should do it Mr Wainwright unless you have some other injuries? I recommend keeping the freshly healed skin soft with some mostinizer for the first few days until it gains the consistency of your other skin.
The Verbena said and she gave you a bit of a smile.
"How do you feel young man?"
He carefully flexed his arm and leg and grinned, "Much better, thank you... No other injuries of which I am aware. However, there is one matter I feel I should take up with you right away, now that I've had a little while to calm down... I wish to file a formal complaint against nurse Bosh. She willfully ignored my apprentice's phobia and heart condition and tried to inject a tranquilizer by force, leading to a cardiac arrest, and dismissed needle phobia as merely a matter of children not knowing their own good. If not for Mrs. Knox' quick reactions, Anna could well have died in her panicked state, wedged in behind a cupboard and holding up a tray as a makeshift shield in the infirmary. And on top of that, nurse Bosh had the gall to suggest, in her own words, that it might have better if the girl - despite her medical condition - be restrained in a cell. Now, I am not a vindictive man, and by reputation, her actual medical skill is commendable, but I formally request action be taken in the form of permanently barring her from pediatric work. I've informed her that if I ever hear she has endangered another child in such a manner, I intend to complain to the proper Sleeper authorities and have her barred from ever working in a medical facility with a pediatric wing throughout the Continental United States. As a parent, I am sure you can see where I am coming from; as a Healer of indisputable skill and compassion, I am just as sure you would not want such trauma to keep children from seeking out healthcare in their adult years due to being terrified by medical personnel... If you wish my complaint to be properly corroborated, I'm sure doctor Horton and Mrs. Knox can confirm the chain of events."

((OOC: So, expecting Colin's health levels to be back on track, then? Very Happy ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:23 pm

"I see, far be it for me to dismiss your concerns Sodalis I am just saying that to set up some code and then teaching to every guard that have something to do with this prisoner is allot of work and with several other prisoners that also needs tending to it might be to much at the moment, however such decisions really are for Chief Joakim to make."

"That's why I think it would be easier to pass it word of mouth. Anyway, I'm going to let him know this man's situation," he said. "I just want to make sure people are aware that he has vampire blood in his system, in case they need to draw blood or something like that, for any reason."

"I will see if I can arrange for the rest of the list as soon as possible or at least some of it, but for now all I can offer are some coffee."
Joakim said kindly. "Well the pot is there is you change your mind, for now what was it you wanted to say?"

"Don't mind me, I'm sure you're in the same boat. My body is exhausted, I worry about those that remain to finish the work...I keep telling myself I am really here, and not to ask you 'are they back yet.'"

"Please sit Sodalis...I mean no offense but you look like death warmed over." The old hedge wizard said he looked rather tired himself.

He flopped down onto a chair with a weary huff. He looked decidedly wan and ennervated, dirty with sweat and dirt and smoke, his hair stuck up all around and his beard growing in - but no apparent physical injuries or markings of one in the recent past. In short, as if he just came out of a week long battle and was feeling it. His entire body hurt, his mind was still trying to fit the normalcy of Joakim's office, so much like his own pater's, into place, his spirit(s) were upset. It was hardly a wonder he looked like lukewarm death.

"Yes there was not much information but it was useful, in short it was some information on agents Larson have among the Traditions, he did not know names but the descriptions where rather...telling, he also spoke about the entry portals and some about the members of the Labyrinth." Joakim said and handed you his phone than now contained a copy of the file. "If you would like to send it to your own phone or listen to it."

"Thanks, I'm sure we'll need the info, but as long as it's not something immediate and my pater gets a copy, I'll tell you my run down first."

"Hum...I fear many are forced to join the Nephandi in such a way, that he ended up in a Seeking or a Quiet after talking with you though that...is something else, it almost makes me want to come up with some ploy so we can keep him here until he recovers so we might have a chance to find out what such a communication with his Avatar have led to."

"Well, there might be more reason for you to want to do that," he said, gesturing at the note.

The mentioning about vampire blood made Joakim's eyes darken. "Bloody fool."

Adley shrugged. "Abigail told him to do it, I doubt there were an overabundance of choices about it, at least any that didn't count as disobeying an order. Not that I am saying it wasn't foolish, mind."

He muttered clearly upset at that revelation he read your note and frowned. "Well this complicates matters." He muttered

"Look, I'm not sure how much you know about some situations that happened before we came from Boston, but if you can swing it, talk to my pater about this before he's sent out. He might have some...insights."

"I have never been much of a fan of the whole concept of indentured servitude, what you say is horrible though Sodalis, the young man is probably going to have to stand trial but my guess is that we can make some arrangement for him to save his life and perhaps get him back on his feet eventually, maybe one of the Mercere can manage to reach through his trauma, and in either case he might have some useful information for us if we give him some time and reason to trust us."

He sighed. "Right now, he's very impressionable as he was beaten into submission, tortured and threatened. If he can make a statement and let another take the stand with him, an advocate, that would be better. But it was not his choice, what happened to him. I'm not sure about how his rehabilitation would go, though." He wrote out another couple of lines. 'You can imagine how much trust he might have in the system that already betrayed him once, but what happened to him seems to be not just immoral but illegal.'

"It do indeed complicate matters and present some challenges...I am glad you came to me with it Sodalis it is indeed matters that needs some discretion especially about the Fallen man from our own House."

"Of course, sir - both of them."

"I think so, it concerned a little Nephandi girl he have adopted, she was dreadfully frightened by one of Mr Horton's nurses, the woman meant well I am sure but she manage to get the girl panicled and there was concern for her health if she was not calmed down, I do think Mr Wainwright managed to defuse the situation."

He made a face. "Ah, yes. Gabriel was...not the sort of role model anyone should have...I wish we could have captured him, but dead is better than alive," he said with a dark look. He shook his head. "There are a few more matters you should be aware of, other than the general overview of the mission, which I can provide you with," he said, continuing to write out something else as he began to discuss the raid. 'We captured M.C.; her avatar has returned within her and the spirit that was meshed with it was defeated. Before that, however, I had a thankfully brief foray into a quietus where I thought I was still in the Schism War - with the help of my amicus and a master, I was brought out. But I thought you should know, in the event that there are lingering effects. There is something else more personal, the mission leader may tell you of it in due time, I think. And also my amicus may have more to tell, better it come from him.' He handed him the note.

// @Warp: tapas never fills me up, it's more like having nothing but appetizers lol. Sorry they weren't things you liked to eat though, Warp that's always a bummer. @Anja:Have fun with your game Anja
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:03 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "It's a classic - the namesake for a Faustian Pact, in fact - about a quite clever doctor who thinks he can get the better bargain in a deal with the devil. It goes roughly as you might expect..."

"That sound a little like our Infernalists...and no often that go pretty badly really...perhaps I should read that book Mentor."
Anna agreed and nodded.

He smiled, "I'm not going to let just anyone get near it. Though, there is a man i know who you might wish to allow to sing for it - he can invite your Avatar outside for a look around; a most remarkable ability. He can't force it, though, only invite it to come out to look around."

"I have never heard about anyone able to do that Mentor...I guess that if he will not be harming my Glass Dragon then it might actually enjoy a look around."
Anna said and looked at you with wonder in her eyes.
"I have to admit that I am curious now..."

He shrugged, "It was very scary very briefly, and then I was rather unconscious.

Anna nodded at that and gave you a serious look.
"I guess that in combat at times things go to shit."
She muttered and touched the wound in her side and winced.

And no, i am not sick - I am going to offer personal, incontrovertible evidence as to why the serum is a bad idea to use, voluntarily."

"So you are taking the serum Mentor...I don't like that what if it harms you."
Anna said her eyes growing wide and she looked very concerned.

He scratched his head, "It appears to be a steam-powered... body scanner of some sort."
He extended the copper handle to Anna, "Well, I trust his medical and technological expertise - hold on to this and let us see what it says?"

Anna glanced at the device suspiciously for a moment then she grabbed the offered copper handle and the screen came to life with information, most of it in chemical components but apparently it was set to track anything that was in the girl's body that where not her, exactly the opposite of Samantha's bullets who considered a person and everything they where wearing and holding part of one unit. You could see that Anna had an amalgam filling in one tooth, that her piercings was steel, she had want would amount to two cookies, an apple and a glass of milk in her stomach, there where stitches inside of er meant to dissolve after a while and some in her skin that would have to be plucked out once she healed, and in the heel of her left foot a cat hair hand wormed it's way under the first layer of skin, what however there where not was any traces of needle fragments, the bullet she was shot with had apparently also been completely removed.

He nodded, "I suppose I do... Well, I talk like a Cultist, think like a Euthanatos, work like a Hermetic, and apparently now barter with spirits like a Dreamspeaker. Next thing you know, I'll be picking up alchemy like a Solificati and hand-to-hand techniques like an Akashic Brother..."

"Well whatever works."
Anna said and nodded.
"I think Gabriel was Hermetic once their magick is what he have taught me, well sort of, but I think any method that works should be used."

He nodded, completely serious, "They'll have to go through me and an unpleasant amount of rather corrupted primal fire to do so... so I am pretty certain, yes."

The little girl seamed to calm down at that and she gave you a trusting smile.

He smiled, "It's a strange place to go, but I think you'll find it a good choice. Some of the best things in life are a bit scary to begin with."

"I guess you are right about that Mentor...but I am not sure I want to be non Fallen I mean it is everything I know and I do not feel that there is anything wrong with me other than well a hole in my gut..."
Anna protested.

He nodded sadly, "I... executed her son. I don't think I could have hurt her worse...

"Yeah that would do it to get someone, ghost or not mad at you."
Anna agreed then she sigh.
"Who did you kill Mentor?"
She muttered knowing that whoever it was it would have been someone she had down well.

but I promised, I will make a memorial for her son, and once I have done so... she will come for me. At that time, I hope I have the means to either appease her or subdue her, or let her pass on peacefully to the next life..."

"That sounds like a dangerous situation to be in Mentor."
Anna said and she looked concerned.
"I hope you don't have to hurt that ghost though, she have been hurt enough from what you are saying."

He smiled wryly, "Ah, no, keeping a stiff upper lip is rather a Britishism. It means to remain unruffled under any circumstances. To keep calm and carry on, as it were. It's part of how we managed to keep an Empire on which the sun never set for, well, a couple hundred years. Well, that, and systematic oppression of the native population in the colonies, but we don't usually speak so much about that. We acknowledge it as historical fact, of course, we just don't like to talk about it... Ah, Sleeper politics..."

"Ah I see...well that makes sense I guess, as for colonies and politics well if you where stronger, Gaberiel always said that might makes right."
The little Nephanda said then she sigh.
"Then again he was always kind of an asshole to anyone but me."

He shook his head, "Haven't been there yet in this life - but yes, I fully well intend to take you on a trip to observe a few dragons. Preferably from a helicopter or similar, though - I'd rather not risk getting to close; dragons are big, powerful and potentially irritable and hungry, and I don't want to give an endangered species indigestion."

"Well I would not want to be eaten, that would kind of suck but I would like to see them, they must be wonderful."
Anna said still bouncy she grinned at you.
"You promise to take me one day Mentor?"

He shrugged, "I don't see it as ironic - you offer relief from the unbearable and an end to the insufferable; death is only the last means to achieve that end."

Adjan nodded he gave you a bit of a smile.
"Very few get that, they see my Tradition as little but killers, but death is...the last resort we employ when we have to step in and assist the Cycle."

He nodded, "If I succeed, the price will not be too bad, I think... Even a life for a life is a price worth paying - though i don't think it will quite come to that."

"Hopefully not, while it might be worth it, I think it would make your new student quite sad if you where to perish."
The death magus commented and glanced down at Anna.

He grimaced, "Oh, I don't think crying will be the form my plea might take. Probably a more rational argument based in pointing to the rescued woman..."

"Well let us hope that particular Paradox spirit will hear you then."
Adjan said and frowned.
"In my experience few of them have any ability to show mercy."

He nodded, "Indeed... And I believe i can trust you - my unique vantage point is part of why I believe I can help find a way to deal with unwanted Resonance... and I don't think you would jeopardize that. Unless, of course, I were to utterly fail in my work to revert Avatars - which I sincerely doubt will happen owing to my visions of the future - in which case I trust you to do that which is necessary."

"I have no desire to see you harmed Colin whatever or not you can help me with my and my Tradition's problem with Jhor do not change that fact I am not going to share what you have told me with others, if you should completely Fall and decide you want reality gone then yes I will do what have to be done but before then I will keep this a secret."
The Euthanathos promised.

He nodded, "Quite so. There'll be plenty of time to think after the crisis is dealt with. Well... for a couple months until the next crisis, and then a couple more until the next after that..."
He sighed, "Things will be rather busy for some time, I'm afraid..."

"There will always be crisis and there will be time for reflection but today is not a good day for that."
He said and frowned.
"And yes it do appear we will be rather busy for a while."

He sighed, "He's not gaining any friends anywhere, that's for certain. I half expect even his Avatar will be glad to be rid of him by any means..."

"Well I would not want to be stuck in his soul that is for sure but then again perhaps his Avatar is an ass as well."
Adjan said with a wry smile.

He carefully flexed his arm and leg and grinned, "Much better, thank you... No other injuries of which I am aware. However, there is one matter I feel I should take up with you right away, now that I've had a little while to calm down... I wish to file a formal complaint against nurse Bosh. She willfully ignored my apprentice's phobia and heart condition and tried to inject a tranquilizer by force, leading to a cardiac arrest, and dismissed needle phobia as merely a matter of children not knowing their own good. If not for Mrs. Knox' quick reactions, Anna could well have died in her panicked state, wedged in behind a cupboard and holding up a tray as a makeshift shield in the infirmary.

Philippa listened to your words and glanced over at Miss Bosh who where working on Betty a bit of a distance away.
"Hum...I see I have heard similar complaints on Miss Bosh from especially teachers with young students."
She said and sigh.
"And a couple fully trained magi with such fears as well. I am glad Kristina was there then to help the girl and I am sorry the situation arose."

And on top of that, nurse Bosh had the gall to suggest, in her own words, that it might have better if the girl - despite her medical condition - be restrained in a cell. Now, I am not a vindictive man, and by reputation, her actual medical skill is commendable, but I formally request action be taken in the form of permanently barring her from pediatric work. I've informed her that if I ever hear she has endangered another child in such a manner, I intend to complain to the proper Sleeper authorities and have her barred from ever working in a medical facility with a pediatric wing throughout the Continental United States.

"I am not sure that sleeper authorities will listen such attitudes are quite common in the medical profession and children are given few considerations and adults with medical phobias are often shamed, but I would present your request as an suggested Censure against Miss Bosh before the Deacon Council."
Philippa agreed.
"She would have the right to bring the matter before a full Tribunal off course but that is seldom done in minor matters so there is a good chance your suggestion would win through."

As a parent, I am sure you can see where I am coming from; as a Healer of indisputable skill and compassion, I am just as sure you would not want such trauma to keep children from seeking out healthcare in their adult years due to being terrified by medical personnel... If you wish my complaint to be properly corroborated, I'm sure doctor Horton and Mrs. Knox can confirm the chain of events."

"I fully understand and I have had to...get cross with the woman when she have tried to protest my use of magick to limit the sensations of pain my children feel when they have their vaccinations, I do not believe they should feel pain when they do not have to...and yes I have heard some stories of how children have been treated in medical clinics...there was a case a year or two ago where a young girl Awakened during a vaccination where she was held down and the result was...not good...come to think of it I think she is apprenticed by someone in Boston...anyway I will be happy to accept your complaint but please deliver it to me in writing and drop a copy of at Master Min's office if you would not mind to much."

(OOC: Yes Colin is fully healthy.)
(OOC 2: I will have to run and see if I have time to reply to Strife as well but I have to get ready for my group coming over teribly sorry.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:45 pm

"That's why I think it would be easier to pass it word of mouth. Anyway, I'm going to let him know this man's situation," he said. "I just want to make sure people are aware that he has vampire blood in his system, in case they need to draw blood or something like that, for any reason."

"A code still would have to be constructed, one complicated enough that not everyone could break it at a glance and simple enough to quickly inform the next person on guard duty about how it works, if you have such a code ready I am all ears Sodalis if not then I still think that would be to much work. I will let the next person know this man have Massassa blood in his system though."
The hedge wizard said and sigh.

"Don't mind me, I'm sure you're in the same boat. My body is exhausted, I worry about those that remain to finish the work...I keep telling myself I am really here, and not to ask you 'are they back yet.'"

"Oh I am sure they are quite competent but yes I am worried about them as well."
Joakim said then he nodded.
"I know what you mean Sodalis but we are really here and we are alive. I will try to arrange for a time bubble or something of the sort so those of us who desperately need rest but have no time for it can get some time to recuperate."

He flopped down onto a chair with a weary huff. He looked decidedly wan and ennervated, dirty with sweat and dirt and smoke, his hair stuck up all around and his beard growing in - but no apparent physical injuries or markings of one in the recent past. In short, as if he just came out of a week long battle and was feeling it. His entire body hurt, his mind was still trying to fit the normalcy of Joakim's office, so much like his own pater's, into place, his spirit(s) were upset. It was hardly a wonder he looked like lukewarm death.

Joakim gave you a very concerned look, he filled a cup with fresh coffee and put it before you anyway just in case you decided you wanted it, he did not say anything though, he looked like he had seen better days himself, he was dirty and full of blood, grime and sweat.

"Thanks, I'm sure we'll need the info, but as long as it's not something immediate and my pater gets a copy, I'll tell you my run down first."

"I will get Master Morgan a copy, but perhaps one transcribed on paper rather than a sound file."
Joakim said with a slight smile. He tapped his phone a few times to send the file to you as well.
"There is also a sound file your Cabalmate recorded of Abigail talking about...some rather sensitive topics...well you heard her in the Caul chamber, would you like that file as well?"
He asked.

"Well, there might be more reason for you to want to do that," he said, gesturing at the note.

Joakim glanced at the note and he got a grim look in his eyes and nodded.
"Indeed."

Adley shrugged. "Abigail told him to do it, I doubt there were an overabundance of choices about it, at least any that didn't count as disobeying an order. Not that I am saying it wasn't foolish, mind."

"Well the more I hear about that woman the less I like her and you are probably right our prisoner had few choices even so...fuck mages should stay away from the blood of Massassa!"
Joakim muttered angrily it was not a good topic for him.

"Look, I'm not sure how much you know about some situations that happened before we came from Boston, but if you can swing it, talk to my pater about this before he's sent out. He might have some...insights."

"I know some but not all of that situation but yes speaking with Master Morgan might be a good idea but I prefer to do so in person...I guess I will have to bother one of our teleporters again."
Joakim said in agreement.
"This have to be handled delicately."

He sighed. "Right now, he's very impressionable as he was beaten into submission, tortured and threatened. If he can make a statement and let another take the stand with him, an advocate, that would be better. But it was not his choice, what happened to him. I'm not sure about how his rehabilitation would go, though." He wrote out another couple of lines. 'You can imagine how much trust he might have in the system that already betrayed him once, but what happened to him seems to be not just immoral but illegal.'

"The young man will probably not be well enough to take the stand alone, he will probably have to give his testimony beforehand and then have it read up during the trial...I will speak with Master Min about this though, he knows better than I what options we have for the boy."
Joakim said then he read your note frowned and wrote in reply.
"Very illegal, enough to get whoever sold him up on charges on account of cooperating with Nephandi and cruelty, but no I doubt he will have much trust left in him but we can not just abandon him either...or kill him so we have to try to rehabilitate him."
He wrote and handed the note back to you.

"Of course, sir - both of them."

Joakim frowned at that.

He made a face. "Ah, yes. Gabriel was...not the sort of role model anyone should have...I wish we could have captured him, but dead is better than alive," he said with a dark look.

"Yes I would have preferred him captured and on his way to justice on Horizon but at least now he will be out of our hair for a while, the only good Nephandus is a dead Nephandus as they say, but the only thing better than a dead Nephandus is a captured Nephandus standing before the Council of Nine."
Joakim said darkly.

He shook his head. "There are a few more matters you should be aware of, other than the general overview of the mission, which I can provide you with," he said, continuing to write out something else as he began to discuss the raid. 'We captured M.C.; her avatar has returned within her and the spirit that was meshed with it was defeated. Before that, however, I had a thankfully brief foray into a quietus where I thought I was still in the Schism War - with the help of my amicus and a master, I was brought out. But I thought you should know, in the event that there are lingering effects. There is something else more personal, the mission leader may tell you of it in due time, I think. And also my amicus may have more to tell, better it come from him.' He handed him the note.

Joakim read the note and nodded.
"It is good news about Matty Carlyle I pity the child but at least now she will not harm anyone else."
He said then he nodded.
"A Quiet is never plesant Sodalis but you seam sane enough right now but I will keep it in mind, as for Mr Wainwright I will probably talk with him later, though I am hoping I might be able to sneak in a showever before then. i am drenched in dead Nephandus guts."
He said and made a bit of a face.
"I do thank you for your rapport though I appreciate it."

(OOC: Thank you and sorry for the quick and little detailed post my group is right around the corner and is just picking up a pizza so I did not have time for a porper post but at least it is better than no post I hope.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:11 pm

"That sound a little like our Infernalists...and no often that go pretty badly really...perhaps I should read that book Mentor."
Anna agreed and nodded.
Colin nodded, "It's usually not recommended reading for your age bracket, but I think you are more than sufficiently keen of mind to understand it well."

"I have never heard about anyone able to do that Mentor...I guess that if he will not be harming my Glass Dragon then it might actually enjoy a look around."
Anna said and looked at you with wonder in her eyes.
"I have to admit that I am curious now..."
He smiled, "Seeing an Avatar manifest harmlessly is a wondrous experience... The man has some dubious judgment, but his talent is most remarkable."

"So you are taking the serum Mentor...I don't like that what if it harms you."
Anna said her eyes growing wide and she looked very concerned.
He shook his head, "It won't harm me. However, it will show up on those pictures, and prove that while once is harmless, repeated use is not..."

Anna glanced at the device suspiciously for a moment then she grabbed the offered copper handle and the screen came to life with information, most of it in chemical components but apparently it was set to track anything that was in the girl's body that where not her, exactly the opposite of Samantha's bullets who considered a person and everything they where wearing and holding part of one unit. You could see that Anna had an amalgam filling in one tooth, that her piercings was steel, she had want would amount to two cookies, an apple and a glass of milk in her stomach, there where stitches inside of er meant to dissolve after a while and some in her skin that would have to be plucked out once she healed, and in the heel of her left foot a cat hair hand wormed it's way under the first layer of skin, what however there where not was any traces of needle fragments, the bullet she was shot with had apparently also been completely removed.
He smiled and showed Anna the screen, "See? Your breakfast shows up, the sutures in your chest, your piercings and... a filling in a tooth, and a hair in the skin of your heel. We might want to get that out to avoid infection, but it shouldn't be urgent."

"Well whatever works."
Anna said and nodded.
"I think Gabriel was Hermetic once their magick is what he have taught me, well sort of, but I think any method that works should be used."
He nodded, "That, at least, is something I'll agree with him on."

"I guess you are right about that Mentor...but I am not sure I want to be non Fallen I mean it is everything I know and I do not feel that there is anything wrong with me other than well a hole in my gut..."
Anna protested.
He nodded, "Well, a hole in your gut is pretty wrong."

"Yeah that would do it to get someone, ghost or not mad at you."
Anna agreed then she sigh.
"Who did you kill Mentor?"
She muttered knowing that whoever it was it would have been someone she had down well.
He lowered his gaze and fished up the key ring with the toy car, holding it up for Anna to see, "It was Edmund... He died bravely; I still regret that he had to die... He will have his memorial."

"That sounds like a dangerous situation to be in Mentor."
Anna said and she looked concerned.
"I hope you don't have to hurt that ghost though, she have been hurt enough from what you are saying."
He nodded, "Hurting her further is the last thing I would want to do to her... but I will try to protect myself and my loved ones as necessary."

"Ah I see...well that makes sense I guess, as for colonies and politics well if you where stronger, Gaberiel always said that might makes right."
The little Nephanda said then she sigh.
"Then again he was always kind of an asshole to anyone but me."
He nodded, "Might makes right is a rotten philosophy. The British Empire committed a lot of sins while it lasted - getting China hooked on opium, dragging their colonies into wars against France, and so on. The Empire did not end gracefully."

"Well I would not want to be eaten, that would kind of suck but I would like to see them, they must be wonderful."
Anna said still bouncy she grinned at you.
"You promise to take me one day Mentor?"
He smiled, "In not too long, we'll visit Horizon together. Seeing dragons - albeit from a safe distance - is near the top of the list of recreational activities. Because I bloody well want to see them too."

"Hopefully not, while it might be worth it, I think it would make your new student quite sad if you where to perish."
The death magus commented and glanced down at Anna.
He nodded, "Truth be told, I doubt I would be altogether too thrilled about it, either... She'll most likely be an adult by then, though, and a member of the Traditions proper, so I won't be leaving her high and dry. I will take precautions, and not jump headfirst into a half-baked rescue mission."

"Well let us hope that particular Paradox spirit will hear you then."
Adjan said and frowned.
"In my experience few of them have any ability to show mercy."
He nodded and frowned, "Well, worst case scenario... I'm given to understand the Chief managed to fight off one that was attacking Master Sharaya..."

"I have no desire to see you harmed Colin whatever or not you can help me with my and my Tradition's problem with Jhor do not change that fact I am not going to share what you have told me with others, if you should completely Fall and decide you want reality gone then yes I will do what have to be done but before then I will keep this a secret."
The Euthanathos promised.
He nodded, "Thank you. Perhaps one day, i can even safely share the whole story... but it is not this day."

"I am not sure that sleeper authorities will listen such attitudes are quite common in the medical profession and children are given few considerations and adults with medical phobias are often shamed, but I would present your request as an suggested Censure against Miss Bosh before the Deacon Council."
Philippa agreed.
"She would have the right to bring the matter before a full Tribunal off course but that is seldom done in minor matters so there is a good chance your suggestion would win through."
He nodded, "Sleeper bureaucracy can be sluggish and irritating - but it is likewise possible to make it move like lightning. I can tweak chance with some degree of finesse, and my girlfriend is a Virtual Adept - finding the right bureaucrat who will be suitably outraged by the callousness of the system will not be particularly difficult. Nor liable to draw unwanted attention to our society."

"I fully understand and I have had to...get cross with the woman when she have tried to protest my use of magick to limit the sensations of pain my children feel when they have their vaccinations, I do not believe they should feel pain when they do not have to...and yes I have heard some stories of how children have been treated in medical clinics...there was a case a year or two ago where a young girl Awakened during a vaccination where she was held down and the result was...not good...come to think of it I think she is apprenticed by someone in Boston...anyway I will be happy to accept your complaint but please deliver it to me in writing and drop a copy of at Master Min's office if you would not mind to much."
He nodded, "But of course - but I thought it as prudent to provide you advance notice of my intent; it would seem rude to not mention it now, and just drop it in your inbox later. Lady Crexia will be arranging a time bubble for a few of us who have a private matter to discuss and an experiment to conduct, and I will be taking the time to make a properly formatted complaint in writing, and in triplicate; one for Master Min, one for you, and one, obviously, for my own records."
He frowned, "I need to consult with Master Min about a legal concern in any case..."

((OOC: Well, enjoy game and pizza. Also, Magic tournament could have gone better. But at least I didn't wind up in last place - that dubious honor goes to the guy who left early after three losses, and thereby granted me a free win in the fourth round. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:42 am

"A code still would have to be constructed, one complicated enough that not everyone could break it at a glance and simple enough to quickly inform the next person on guard duty about how it works, if you have such a code ready I am all ears Sodalis if not then I still think that would be to much work. I will let the next person know this man have Massassa blood in his system though."

"I surely don't have one on hand that's not just one of our own shorthands; I'll leave it to the Chief's discretion."

"Oh I am sure they are quite competent but yes I am worried about them as well." Joakim said then he nodded. "I know what you mean Sodalis but we are really here and we are alive. I will try to arrange for a time bubble or something of the sort so those of us who desperately need rest but have no time for it can get some time to recuperate."

"That would be really appreciated."

Joakim gave you a very concerned look, he filled a cup with fresh coffee and put it before you anyway just in case you decided you wanted it, he did not say anything though

"I feel too dirty to drink it," he admitted.

"I will get Master Morgan a copy, but perhaps one transcribed on paper rather than a sound file." Joakim said with a slight smile. He tapped his phone a few times to send the file to you as well. "There is also a sound file your Cabalmate recorded of Abigail talking about...some rather sensitive topics...well you heard her in the Caul chamber, would you like that file as well?"

"Honestly, a lot of that went around my head. I was a bit busy putting a spell together and couldn't afford to feel distracted, so I'd like a chance to get caught up and put it all together."

"I know some but not all of that situation but yes speaking with Master Morgan might be a good idea but I prefer to do so in person...I guess I will have to bother one of our teleporters again." Joakim said in agreement. "This have to be handled delicately."

"I suppose it depends when you think this needs to be told - you could go with us, that might at least spare some effort, but I'm sure you know best, sir."

"The young man will probably not be well enough to take the stand alone, he will probably have to give his testimony beforehand and then have it read up during the trial...I will speak with Master Min about this though, he knows better than I what options we have for the boy."
Joakim said then he read your note frowned and wrote in reply. "Very illegal, enough to get whoever sold him up on charges on account of cooperating with Nephandi and cruelty, but no I doubt he will have much trust left in him but we can not just abandon him either...or kill him so we have to try to rehabilitate him."

"Yes, we'll just have to do our best."

"A Quiet is never plesant Sodalis but you seam sane enough right now but I will keep it in mind, as for Mr Wainwright I will probably talk with him later, though I am hoping I might be able to sneak in a showever before then. i am drenched in dead Nephandus guts." He said and made a bit of a face. "I do thank you for your rapport though I appreciate it."

"Of course, sir. What should I do at this time, until my amicus is done with his situation?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:51 am

"Benevolent I guess that depend on which eyes you look at it with, I think we did a good job from the Tradition's point of view but I doubt the Technocracy saw us as benevolent, and no I never felt like a superhero...I was a soldier I killed to protect my loved ones and protect magick itself, but it was still killing, and every one of those Union men and women had loved ones, apprentices...lives of their own that was cut short. Like I said war makes for better stories in a book or on TV kid than living it."
The prisoner said glumly.

Yeah...I guess it would suck in real life. Everyone's got a point to prove and it always seems to end up with a war." Serge said with a frown as he thought about the reality of the situation. "But you fought to protect what you loved and held dear. The people who you killed may resent you forever but the people who you saved will never forget you for as long as they live."

"Oh do not worry about the Union men shooting you in the head, that is usually a quick and painless way to go...worry about them shooting you with a tranq dart and dragging you off to experiment on you, send you to be slave labor in their factories or use you for spare parts...or worse..."
The Nephandus muttered glumly.
"But yeah life was simpler before I Awakened but I would not trade it away for anything."

"Nor would I. The real world got a lot more exciting after I awakened." Serge said with a smile as he looked to the side. "Everything seemed possible all of a sudden. Each dream, idea, or nightmare I had could be made into reality. You never forget how you awakened. You also never forget who was with you when you awaken."

Serge looked at his lotus ring and remembered his mentor. "How was your awakening anyways. I mean....I think I was high on antidepressants when I woke up. Anything similiar like that happen for you?"

"I met a woman, I fell in love and listened to what she had to say, she made sweet promises and what she spoke of sounded more and more attractive, eventually I joined her."
Siege said flatly.

"Well this just turned into a romance. How'd this happen? Did you meet her in your war chantry? Did she, like, save you from something? Does she have a name?" Serge said with a smile as he tried to capitalize on Siege's pleasent memories to try and get more information from him.

"Well it is usually not advertised how bad it is..."
The Nephandus said and leaned his head backwards and looked up at the roof.
"And once you go into the Caul there is no going back but yes we are good at offering people exactly what they want, give someone enough intensive and you can get them to do anything."
He said and gave a half smile.

"Didn't expect that part of Nephandi recruitment to be advertised loudly." Serge said with a slight chuckle.

((OOC: Hope you have a fun time with your guests Anja!))
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:23 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "It's usually not recommended reading for your age bracket, but I think you are more than sufficiently keen of mind to understand it well."

"Well I have read pretty advanced stuff before."
Anna said proudly and smiled.

He smiled, "Seeing an Avatar manifest harmlessly is a wondrous experience... The man has some dubious judgment, but his talent is most remarkable."

"I wonder how big others would see my dragon, to me he seams as big as a house, he is the Western type of dragon with a lizard body not the Asian type who are more like a flying snake, and he is pretty fat, and cute but he have big teeth and claws..."
Anna said and smiled fondly.
"Do you think you would like him Mentor?"

He shook his head, "It won't harm me. However, it will show up on those pictures, and prove that while once is harmless, repeated use is not..."

"Perhaps...but would not the injection itself hurt...I have seen people hurt by needles so many times."
The girl said and she plucked at her socks with a nervous passion, that pair was not long for this world at this rate.
"Like that man there I have seen him hurt."
She commented and nodded towards William.

He smiled and showed Anna the screen, "See? Your breakfast shows up, the sutures in your chest, your piercings and... a filling in a tooth, and a hair in the skin of your heel. We might want to get that out to avoid infection, but it shouldn't be urgent."

Anna raised an eyebrow she pulled one of her socks hallway of and inspected her heel and pulled out a short dark at hair.
"Would you look at that I have an souvenir from Rikki."
She muttered.
"Short haired cats' hairs will get under your skin, literary. hum..."
She muttered but she seamed quite relieved and settled down that there was no part of the needle used for that immune booster left in her system.
"Ok I am satisfied...thank you Mentor..."
She muttered.
"Is he a Sons of Ether since that thing have a touch screen and run on steam?"
She asked and looked at Alex Horton for a moment.

He nodded, "That, at least, is something I'll agree with him on."

"I have learned a bit from several members of the Labyrinth and one of them named Agnes taught me how to cast a curse using onions."
Anna said proudly.
"And another named Mel, she is pretty nice though I suppose both are dead or captured now, taught me how to make pretty colors out of Quintessence using a phone."

He nodded, "Well, a hole in your gut is pretty wrong."

"Yes true enough but it happens when one is shot and mages likes to shoot one another."
The girl said matter of factly she seamed to be rather calm about having been shot.

He lowered his gaze and fished up the key ring with the toy car, holding it up for Anna to see, "It was Edmund... He died bravely; I still regret that he had to die... He will have his memorial."

Anna's eyes teared up again.
"I liked Edmund he would let me play on his playstation when my Mentor was not looking, why did you kill him he was a nice guy, yes sure he wanted to destroy reality be he was still a nice guy!"
She demanded and started sobbing.
"How did he die?"

He nodded, "Hurting her further is the last thing I would want to do to her... but I will try to protect myself and my loved ones as necessary."

"Yeah...I guess you have to do that...perhaps the memorial will appease her...then again perhaps the best thing for her is to move on..."
The little girl muttered she was still sobbing.

He nodded, "Might makes right is a rotten philosophy. The British Empire committed a lot of sins while it lasted - getting China hooked on opium, dragging their colonies into wars against France, and so on. The Empire did not end gracefully."

"I don't understand Mentor...war is constant why is one group starting wars worse than another? I have never known anything else."
The child muttered.
"I would stop the magick of our enemies and the others would kill or capture them, again and again no matter how wrong it felt or how scared I was of being killed myself, and if captured, unless given to Miss Warden to play with, sooner or later I would have to watch them tortured."
The girl muttered and touched her eyes.
"War never ends...and opium I have had that once when my arm was dislocated and I refused other types of anesthetics, Doc gave me some drops under my tongue that made my head spin and I do not remember much else after that, only that the pain was gone when I woke up what is so bad about opium?"

He smiled, "In not too long, we'll visit Horizon together. Seeing dragons - albeit from a safe distance - is near the top of the list of recreational activities. Because I bloody well want to see them too."

That cheered Anna up and she smiled.
"I wonder if they are as big as my Glass Dragon."
She said and smiled.
"He is really big, and blue and made of glass like the crystal dragon in an old computer game I played when my Mentor thought I was sleeping, that is the way he looks but he is all glass, his body and organs and all so he is see through and one see strange things when one see though his body...and he is really lazy and likes to curl up like a big dog and just watch."
She said fondly and Kristina raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "Truth be told, I doubt I would be altogether too thrilled about it, either... She'll most likely be an adult by then, though, and a member of the Traditions proper, so I won't be leaving her high and dry. I will take precautions, and not jump headfirst into a half-baked rescue mission."

"Yes she will most likely be an experienced mage by then that kind of mastery of Time takes a long...ehm...time."
Adjan said and gave you an apologetic look and scratched his head.
"Usually I would say there would be no way to survive the Paradox of such an act there is a reason why plucking someone from the time stream is not done all that often, but if you pluck her away at the moment of death and have healers ready for her, then you should in theory be changing very little so that might work."

He nodded and frowned, "Well, worst case scenario... I'm given to understand the Chief managed to fight off one that was attacking Master Sharaya..."

"He did...but you have seen that fresh...scar on the side of his head..."
Adjan said in a whisper and checked that Anna was sleeping soundly so he would not scare her with his words.
"The Chief almost died in that fight and he is a Master of Spirit."

He nodded, "Thank you. Perhaps one day, i can even safely share the whole story... but it is not this day."

"You owe me no explanation Colin you have never given me reason to doubt you sincerity so I trust you if you one day want to tell me then I will welcome it but no pressure."
The death magus said kindly.

He nodded, "Sleeper bureaucracy can be sluggish and irritating - but it is likewise possible to make it move like lightning. I can tweak chance with some degree of finesse, and my girlfriend is a Virtual Adept - finding the right bureaucrat who will be suitably outraged by the callousness of the system will not be particularly difficult. Nor liable to draw unwanted attention to our society."

"The problem is that that kind of callousness is fully legal. I have read a few pages about such phobias, my daughter and my son are fine, one is pretty hardy and the other curious about everything, he might talk a hole in the head of a pediatrician but he do not mind just about anything done to him, in fact he is to trusting a dread what a stranger might do, but my well...most call them my son...but they where born a rebis, they are pretty sensitive and while not phobic they get easily scared and I do not want them to get there most advice run along the line of giving a bit of extra time, talking with one's kid, not bribing them for heaven forbid the kid get any kind of power over their parents but one can offer small rewards and if that do not work then leave the room...leave the damned room and let the medical personnel hold the kid down, so they advice not only using force for non emergency procedures but also leaving the child alone with strangers who in effect commit violence against them. It have only been recently when a few people have started advocating a different approach including less force used, and if force have to be used for a parent to be there, and for pain control to be offered standard at all nurses offices, this is still only on the fringes though and most nurses offices will look oddly at me if I request any form of pain control for my children, let us just say I have started copying vaccines in their bodies with magick rather than taking them for shots, it is complicated work but it is still a better solution, well other than for my son who seam to think a doctor's visit is fun."
Philippa said and shook her head.
"And even that is complained about, he is to content apparently he is not supposed to be that curious and happy when having vaccines or examinations done, and do not get me started on some of the things I have been told about my rebis child's body and how bad a mother I am for not sending them to surgery to make them one gender, spoken to me in front of the child..."
She muttered angrily and shook her head.
"Ah forgive me Mr Wainwright I went out on a bit of a tangent there..."
Philippa said with an apologetic smile.

He nodded, "But of course - but I thought it as prudent to provide you advance notice of my intent; it would seem rude to not mention it now, and just drop it in your inbox later. Lady Crexia will be arranging a time bubble for a few of us who have a private matter to discuss and an experiment to conduct, and I will be taking the time to make a properly formatted complaint in writing, and in triplicate; one for Master Min, one for you, and one, obviously, for my own records."
He frowned, "I need to consult with Master Min about a legal concern in any case..."

"That is most considerate of you Mr Wainwright I will await the document then and talk it over with Master Min once it is in our hands, while I feel for your plight we also owe Miss Bosh that this is done properly, especially since she is a hedge wizard and there are so many abused of power towards linear magi in the Traditions, she have to be offered every legal protection a true mage have, when handling the case of a disadvantaged group as a member of a advantaged one it is important to be even more vigilant than usual."
Philippa said and gave you a smile.
"And probably we should not be discussing this in Miss Bosh's presence, I do not think we are close enough for her to hear us but even so it is rude."
She said and glanced at the healer who was still working on Betty some way further down the corridor.

(OOC: Getting to the forth round is not bad, not bad at all, especially if some of the participants had pay to win decks.)

Adley:

"I surely don't have one on hand that's not just one of our own shorthands; I'll leave it to the Chief's discretion."

"Very well Sodalis I am sure the Chief will be able to figure out what is best to do in this situation."
Bai Huan said and nodded.

"That would be really appreciated."

"I will ask a Miss Piti, she was a part of the fight in my group and she is still visiting Morningstar having a meal in the cafeteria I do believe she is an Adept of Time."
Joakim said as he considered who to ask.
"Miss DiMeera while she survived are in her room in bed recuperating she should be in the infirmary but it is filling up so it is best not to give her any more work at the moment..."

"I feel too dirty to drink it," he admitted.

"What if you take a shower once we are done here while I go and speak with Miss Piti?"
Joakim asked.
"And I can certainly understand that."

"Honestly, a lot of that went around my head. I was a bit busy putting a spell together and couldn't afford to feel distracted, so I'd like a chance to get caught up and put it all together."

Joakim nodded and sent you that file as well.
"Just be careful about where you listen to those files Sodalis...they concern...the D'Angelo siblings."
He said the last part in a whisper then he added.
"And that spell you did was brilliant young man, well done, it would have been one hell of a fight if not for your quick thinking."

"I suppose it depends when you think this needs to be told - you could go with us, that might at least spare some effort, but I'm sure you know best, sir."

"Hum...well it should be discussed with Master Morgan as soon as possible so I think coming with you and your group might indeed be best...I can leave one of my students in change of security at Morningstar while I am gone..."
Joakim said after a bit of consideration.

"Yes, we'll just have to do our best."
The old hedge wizard nodded at that.

"Of course, sir. What should I do at this time, until my amicus is done with his situation?"

"You should go and have a hot shower...room 302 is free among others there is a shower there, and then have a meal in the cafeteria and then a few hours sleep in a time bubble before you collapse."
Joakim said sternly making it clear he wanted no arguments about that.

Serge:

Yeah...I guess it would suck in real life. Everyone's got a point to prove and it always seems to end up with a war." Serge said with a frown as he thought about the reality of the situation.

"To some degree Serge, but the Asencion War is about more than having a point to prove it is a war for the nature of reality, but yes in wars people end up dead, people you care about or you end up captured by the enemy and are bound to be sent to their headquarters for trial and...what comes after the trial."
He muttered fearfully and looked away.

"But you fought to protect what you loved and held dear. The people who you killed may resent you forever but the people who you saved will never forget you for as long as they live."

"I am not claiming I did not have a good reason to fight and if I was still with my Chantry and Cabal I would be fighting still if I had not gotten myself killed or something. I really do not want the Union to win this war, I am simply saying that while war is necessary at times it is not really exiting and glorious, not in reality is is terrible and scary and you are glad just to live another day and hope to be able to make some sort of difference before the end you know will come sooner or later."
He said and sigh.
"But yeah I did some good back then I did..."

"Nor would I. The real world got a lot more exciting after I awakened." Serge said with a smile as he looked to the side. "Everything seemed possible all of a sudden. Each dream, idea, or nightmare I had could be made into reality. You never forget how you awakened. You also never forget who was with you when you awaken."

Siege smiled a little.
"No you never forget that first Epiphany when you realize that reality is malleable, that everyone is changing it with their minds only you now realize that you are, that everyone are so you can do so consciously, and I agree if one is lucky enough to have a Mentor guiding you though the process they become a new parent you never forget them...though I expect mine is less than proud of me after I Fell."
He said and sigh.
"I do not regret going to the Caul but I regret causing him pain."

Serge looked at his lotus ring and remembered his mentor. "How was your awakening anyways. I mean....I think I was high on antidepressants when I woke up. Anything similiar like that happen for you?"

"Not exactly, I was singing when it happened. My music teacher had been telling me for months about the power music had and suddenly it clicked, I felt a rush of power through me...like if I was touching the pure form of reality and everything else melted away, I saw the strings that held reality together and I saw those strings attached to the people in the street outside my teacher's home, I saw their wills weaving the great tapestry of the world, and I saw how my song could affect that tapestry and change it. I saw Quintessence, the only truth of this reality, I had never been religious but at that point I realize there where a divine will, not some old dude with a long white beard in the sky, but energy, a beautiful, pulsating, living energy that was the thread that the tapestry of the world was woven by and I cried...it was...beautiful, wondrous and terrifying at the same time."
The Nephandus muttered with awe in his voice at the memory and he drew a deep breath.
"Well ehm...every Awakening is different I guess..."

"Well this just turned into a romance. How'd this happen? Did you meet her in your war chantry? Did she, like, save you from something? Does she have a name?" Serge said with a smile as he tried to capitalize on Siege's pleasent memories to try and get more information from him.

"Not something quite as exiting I fear. i met her at the grocery store she helped me to find the lactose free milk, so you could say she saved me from the choice of having dry cereal for breakfast or getting a nasty rash...her name was Jodi...Jodi Blake."
He said and you hear Ryan swear under his breath at the name.
"Fuck!"
Siege looked at the older Cultist and raised an eyebrow then he sigh.
"Yeah...that one..."
He muttered.

"Didn't expect that part of Nephandi recruitment to be advertised loudly." Serge said with a slight chuckle.

"Yeah well, recruitment is not my job and I sort of feel it is best someone know what they are getting themselves into don't you?"
Siege said still looking at the roof.
"The whole thing about informed consent and all, not that the Nephandi are generally to keen on that."

(OOC: Thank you and yes I did we played Wheel of Time RPG but with Ars Magica dice system instead of that crappy D20 thing they put into WoT's book.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top