Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Warpmind on Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:29 am

"I wonder how big others would see my dragon, to me he seams as big as a house, he is the Western type of dragon with a lizard body not the Asian type who are more like a flying snake, and he is pretty fat, and cute but he have big teeth and claws..."
Anna said and smiled fondly.
"Do you think you would like him Mentor?"
Colin grinned, "I already have a certain fondness for the big lug - though if he's to be sung out for a visit, I hope he can shrink down a bit."

"Perhaps...but would not the injection itself hurt...I have seen people hurt by needles so many times."
The girl said and she plucked at her socks with a nervous passion, that pair was not long for this world at this rate.
"Like that man there I have seen him hurt."
She commented and nodded towards William.
He nodded, "It will sting a little... burn a little; 3ccs of liquid in the muscle is a little more than what is comfortable... but that should be about it."

Anna raised an eyebrow she pulled one of her socks hallway of and inspected her heel and pulled out a short dark at hair.
"Would you look at that I have an souvenir from Rikki."
She muttered.
"Short haired cats' hairs will get under your skin, literary. hum..."
She muttered but she seamed quite relieved and settled down that there was no part of the needle used for that immune booster left in her system.
"Ok I am satisfied...thank you Mentor..."
She muttered.
"Is he a Sons of Ether since that thing have a touch screen and run on steam?"
She asked and looked at Alex Horton for a moment.
He smiled, "Rikki is here, you know - not precisely sure where in the building he is, but I promised madame Vega to make sure the guy is rehomed, if at all possible. He's a good boy."
He nodded, "It would certainly be the most obvious conclusion. It's a peculiar device, really - and I haven't the foggiest idea how it works... except the actual steam engine part."

"I have learned a bit from several members of the Labyrinth and one of them named Agnes taught me how to cast a curse using onions."
Anna said proudly.
"And another named Mel, she is pretty nice though I suppose both are dead or captured now, taught me how to make pretty colors out of Quintessence using a phone."
He grimaced, "I'm almost afraid to ask... but the curse with onions, what precisely does that do? She never finished casting one at me; I had Abigail stall her while the two of us discussed a few matters, including what Larson had done to the personnel Abigail had sent to Boston..."

Anna's eyes teared up again.
"I liked Edmund he would let me play on his playstation when my Mentor was not looking, why did you kill him he was a nice guy, yes sure he wanted to destroy reality be he was still a nice guy!"
She demanded and started sobbing.
"How did he die?"
He nodded, "He wasn't a bad sort... but I could not get away with letting him go; not when we had him cornered - and the alternative was expending precious manpower on taking him prisoner."
He tapped his chest, "He died bravely and quickly; two bullets through the heart - it was mercifully quick, if nothing else..."

"Yeah...I guess you have to do that...perhaps the memorial will appease her...then again perhaps the best thing for her is to move on..."
The little girl muttered she was still sobbing.
He nodded, "Perhaps it will give her some amount of peace - a formal enemy of her boy giving him a sincere memorial, remembering his bravery for the rest of my life... I can only hope."

"I don't understand Mentor...war is constant why is one group starting wars worse than another? I have never known anything else."
The child muttered.
"I would stop the magick of our enemies and the others would kill or capture them, again and again no matter how wrong it felt or how scared I was of being killed myself, and if captured, unless given to Miss Warden to play with, sooner or later I would have to watch them tortured."
The girl muttered and touched her eyes.
"War never ends...and opium I have had that once when my arm was dislocated and I refused other types of anesthetics, Doc gave me some drops under my tongue that made my head spin and I do not remember much else after that, only that the pain was gone when I woke up what is so bad about opium?"
He sighed, "War is merely... wasteful, and those who decide to go to war are seldom even remotely close to the ones who have to do the fighting; or at least, the ones in power seldom care about the soldiers at the front. The world is a rotten, broken place because of wars, but not beyond mending. It will take time and work, but it can be made better."
He frowned, "Opium is an excellent drug when used medicinally, but the British Empire forced widespread recreational abuse - addiction - on China. When almost an entire country is more busy getting high instead of farming or fighting off invaders, that's a problem. Hum... come to think of it, both the Opium Wars happened during Queen Victoria's reign, I believe - and apparently, she was a Technocrat. It was not Britain's finest moment, even at the time, to be honest..."

That cheered Anna up and she smiled.
"I wonder if they are as big as my Glass Dragon."
She said and smiled.
"He is really big, and blue and made of glass like the crystal dragon in an old computer game I played when my Mentor thought I was sleeping, that is the way he looks but he is all glass, his body and organs and all so he is see through and one see strange things when one see though his body...and he is really lazy and likes to curl up like a big dog and just watch."
She said fondly and Kristina raised an eyebrow.
He shrugged, "I don't know - but they're big enough that we shouldn't get too close. Also, I don't know if they can see your Glass Dragon; they're clever, but I don't know how magically capable they are."

"Yes she will most likely be an experienced mage by then that kind of mastery of Time takes a long...ehm...time."
Adjan said and gave you an apologetic look and scratched his head.
"Usually I would say there would be no way to survive the Paradox of such an act there is a reason why plucking someone from the time stream is not done all that often, but if you pluck her away at the moment of death and have healers ready for her, then you should in theory be changing very little so that might work."
He nodded, "Even better; if I were able to replace her with a perfect simulacrum at the point of death, it should perhaps go even more unnoticed. But yes, I would not simply try to pull someone randomly out of the past - unless they were already listed as having disappeared without a trace. There's... some leeway with observed history, I think... But that sort of hypothetical thinking is beside the point."

"He did...but you have seen that fresh...scar on the side of his head..."
Adjan said in a whisper and checked that Anna was sleeping soundly so he would not scare her with his words.
"The Chief almost died in that fight and he is a Master of Spirit."
He nodded, "I'm not saying I would simply ask the Chief - or anyone else - to play bodyguard in case of a Paradox spirit... just that even Paradox spirits can be fended off, although at a potentially high cost."

"You owe me no explanation Colin you have never given me reason to doubt you sincerity so I trust you if you one day want to tell me then I will welcome it but no pressure."
The death magus said kindly.
He smiled, "One day, I'm sure."

"The problem is that that kind of callousness is fully legal. I have read a few pages about such phobias, my daughter and my son are fine, one is pretty hardy and the other curious about everything, he might talk a hole in the head of a pediatrician but he do not mind just about anything done to him, in fact he is to trusting a dread what a stranger might do, but my well...most call them my son...but they where born a rebis, they are pretty sensitive and while not phobic they get easily scared and I do not want them to get there most advice run along the line of giving a bit of extra time, talking with one's kid, not bribing them for heaven forbid the kid get any kind of power over their parents but one can offer small rewards and if that do not work then leave the room...leave the damned room and let the medical personnel hold the kid down, so they advice not only using force for non emergency procedures but also leaving the child alone with strangers who in effect commit violence against them. It have only been recently when a few people have started advocating a different approach including less force used, and if force have to be used for a parent to be there, and for pain control to be offered standard at all nurses offices, this is still only on the fringes though and most nurses offices will look oddly at me if I request any form of pain control for my children, let us just say I have started copying vaccines in their bodies with magick rather than taking them for shots, it is complicated work but it is still a better solution, well other than for my son who seam to think a doctor's visit is fun."
Philippa said and shook her head.
"And even that is complained about, he is to content apparently he is not supposed to be that curious and happy when having vaccines or examinations done, and do not get me started on some of the things I have been told about my rebis child's body and how bad a mother I am for not sending them to surgery to make them one gender, spoken to me in front of the child..."
She muttered angrily and shook her head.
"Ah forgive me Mr Wainwright I went out on a bit of a tangent there..."
Philippa said with an apologetic smile.
He nodded, "The practice is legal, certainly; it's clearly a reflection of the Union. But just as much as it is legal, there are bureaucrats and politicians who, once made aware of the status quo, will refuse to accept it and start fighting for change. It only takes one to get the snowball rolling..."
He smiled, "The tangent is quite understandable. I'd be frustrated if medical personnel tried to force me to do something to my child that neither I nor my child wanted, too... and argued over the head of said child."

"That is most considerate of you Mr Wainwright I will await the document then and talk it over with Master Min once it is in our hands, while I feel for your plight we also owe Miss Bosh that this is done properly, especially since she is a hedge wizard and there are so many abused of power towards linear magi in the Traditions, she have to be offered every legal protection a true mage have, when handling the case of a disadvantaged group as a member of a advantaged one it is important to be even more vigilant than usual."
Philippa said and gave you a smile.
"And probably we should not be discussing this in Miss Bosh's presence, I do not think we are close enough for her to hear us but even so it is rude."
She said and glanced at the healer who was still working on Betty some way further down the corridor.
He nodded then arched an eyebrow and glanced in miss Bosh's direction, "Hum? Oh, I didn't notice her there... Her skill and efficiency seem commendable for certain, it's just not the right approach with kids... And I agree, she should be afforded proper legal representation, though I suppose the difference in standing between us is rather narrower than it would be between her and a Mage of an actual Tradition, rather than an Orphan."

He flexed his arm again, "Now, if you will pardon me, ma'am, I must ask Madame Rose something peculiar regarding her apprentice's trial back then... and then I must prepare for dosing myself with the serum - I've discovered what it actually does, and why it should not be used over extended periods of time... I just need a little help from Lady Crexia to prove it, and... hum, I need to ask Mr. Horton how his little medical scanner works."
He bowed, "I hope we will speak again in less trying times, milady."

((OOC: Lasting until the end of the tournament - five rounds, by the way - is not such an impressive feat when it's not an elimination-style tournament. After each round, victory points were tallied, and whoever had most wins after five rounds goes on to the finals in Oslo. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:10 am

"I will ask a Miss Piti, she was a part of the fight in my group and she is still visiting Morningstar having a meal in the cafeteria I do believe she is an Adept of Time." Joakim said as he considered who to ask. "Miss DiMeera while she survived are in her room in bed recuperating she should be in the infirmary but it is filling up so it is best not to give her any more work at the moment..."

He winced, recalling how bad she'd looked when she left. "I hope she'll be ok."

"What if you take a shower once we are done here while I go and speak with Miss Piti?" Joakim asked. "And I can certainly understand that."

"I'd appreciate the opportunity to do that, if I'm able."

"Just be careful about where you listen to those files Sodalis...they concern...the D'Angelo siblings." He said the last part in a whisper then he added. "And that spell you did was brilliant young man, well done, it would have been one hell of a fight if not for your quick thinking."

He nodded at his comment but said nothing, slipping his phone back away carefully for now. "The people in the infirmary probably think I'm paranoid; while the prisoner was being seen to I told them about his condition and they wanted to write up a summary for when they passed on their shifts but...given what's going on, well, I'd rather leave that up to you if such a record was around. Everyone wants to think their chantry is perfectly secure, I did too, but..." He shook his head sadly and then scratched at his beard. "It wasn't a brilliant spell, it was one that I'd been using often enough that my pater taught me, thankfully. It was a bit of an unorthodox use of it, maybe, or at least not a situation it's commonly applied to; it's not really considered battle magick per se. More like mop work. I always was fond of that one recounting of a magus of the Order who was not overtly powerful but made good use of his environment around him, using basic spells. He defeated an opponent by causing a rock slide, if I recall the telling correctly We got a bit lucky that it wasn't something she thought about and left us a loose end to pull. Oh! which reminds me about the fellow, is he okay?" he asked, remembering the orphan in a flash.

"Hum...well it should be discussed with Master Morgan as soon as possible so I think coming with you and your group might indeed be best...I can leave one of my students in change of security at Morningstar while I am gone..."

"It's up to you, sir. I just thought, as we will be going back. It might be possible to make a more secure communication too but I entirely understand wanting to speak in person about certain matters."

"You should go and have a hot shower...room 302 is free among others there is a shower there, and then have a meal in the cafeteria and then a few hours sleep in a time bubble before you collapse." Joakim said sternly

"Yes, sir. Do I need a key?" he asked, regretfully pulling himself up off the chair and pushing it back up against the desk. He did not seem to be inclined to arguing, which probably spoke more volumes about how tired he actually was than if he had protested.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:50 am

Colin:

Colin grinned, "I already have a certain fondness for the big lug - though if he's to be sung out for a visit, I hope he can shrink down a bit."

"Well I guess size do not matter that much for an Avatar I mean he is a part of my soul and I have never really heard that souls have sizes."
Anna said and frowned.

He nodded, "It will sting a little... burn a little; 3ccs of liquid in the muscle is a little more than what is comfortable... but that should be about it."

"I don't know if 3ccs is much or little my Mentor never let Doc inject me with anything when he saw I was scared, but I am worried about you."
She said and looked at you with concern in her eyes.
"But I guess you know what you are doing Mentor."

He smiled, "Rikki is here, you know - not precisely sure where in the building he is, but I promised madame Vega to make sure the guy is rehomed, if at all possible. He's a good boy."

"Rikki is ok? That is good he is such a sweet cat."
Anna said and she seamed to be cheered up a little.
"He is a good boy indeed is he going to be okey?"

He nodded, "It would certainly be the most obvious conclusion. It's a peculiar device, really - and I haven't the foggiest idea how it works... except the actual steam engine part."

Alex smiled.
"I filters a sample of personal Quintessence through a void capacitor to separate out individual components and post the result on screen."
He said proudly.
"And yes little lady I am indeed a member of the Sons of Ether."
He said to Anna and smiled.

He grimaced, "I'm almost afraid to ask... but the curse with onions, what precisely does that do? She never finished casting one at me; I had Abigail stall her while the two of us discussed a few matters, including what Larson had done to the personnel Abigail had sent to Boston..."

"You got lucky then Mentor, it is a version of Rubbing the Bones really, but in Agnes case it will give the victim violent stomach cramps, basically you would have spent the next few days cramped up, vomiting and defecating everywhere and while the curse would not have killed you, you would sure wish that it did."
Anna said and frowned.
"She had quite a few spells involving onions though so it might have been one of the other ones."
She muttered and she raised an eyebrow.
"What have Lady Larson done with the reinforcements we sent Mentor?"

He nodded, "He wasn't a bad sort... but I could not get away with letting him go; not when we had him cornered - and the alternative was expending precious manpower on taking him prisoner."

"And if he had been taken prisoner he would be...yeah I guess at times death is the best alternative, it is still sad though he did not deserve to die."
Anna muttered tears still running down her cheeks.

He tapped his chest, "He died bravely and quickly; two bullets through the heart - it was mercifully quick, if nothing else..."

Anna nodded sadly.
"I guess as ways to die go that is one of the more benign."
She muttered and looked down.
"Did he say anything before he died?"

He nodded, "Perhaps it will give her some amount of peace - a formal enemy of her boy giving him a sincere memorial, remembering his bravery for the rest of my life... I can only hope."

The little girl just nodded sadly at that and went on to continue to pluck at her shocks.

He sighed, "War is merely... wasteful, and those who decide to go to war are seldom even remotely close to the ones who have to do the fighting; or at least, the ones in power seldom care about the soldiers at the front. The world is a rotten, broken place because of wars, but not beyond mending. It will take time and work, but it can be made better."

"Well there is a reason why the Nephandi want to destroy the world Mentor, well many reasons and war do suck, I am tired of it. I do not know if our leaders care or not but it still suck to kill others and also be afraid of being killed in battle all the time."
The little girl muttered and she looked rather down.

He frowned, "Opium is an excellent drug when used medicinally, but the British Empire forced widespread recreational abuse - addiction - on China. When almost an entire country is more busy getting high instead of farming or fighting off invaders, that's a problem.

"What would be the point in invading a nation where all the citizens are high?"
Anna asked and raised an eyebrow.

Hum... come to think of it, both the Opium Wars happened during Queen Victoria's reign, I believe - and apparently, she was a Technocrat. It was not Britain's finest moment, even at the time, to be honest..."

"It do not seam like a good plan at least whatever or not Queen Victoria was a Technocrat."
Anna said and shook her head.

He shrugged, "I don't know - but they're big enough that we shouldn't get too close. Also, I don't know if they can see your Glass Dragon; they're clever, but I don't know how magically capable they are."

"Most magickal beasts have some sort of magickal ability often similar to the Charms of Spirits."
Kristina said. Anna smiled and nodded.
"I am sure they are wonderful...I want to pet them..."

He nodded, "Even better; if I were able to replace her with a perfect simulacrum at the point of death, it should perhaps go even more unnoticed. But yes, I would not simply try to pull someone randomly out of the past - unless they were already listed as having disappeared without a trace. There's... some leeway with observed history, I think... But that sort of hypothetical thinking is beside the point."

"Well I guess you could ask someone skilled with Life Magick to create a body for you out of a plant or something, the question is if Gabriel would notice the shift, but yes it is a milder manipulation of the past than saving the woman before her point of death would have been."
Adjan muttered.

He nodded, "I'm not saying I would simply ask the Chief - or anyone else - to play bodyguard in case of a Paradox spirit... just that even Paradox spirits can be fended off, although at a potentially high cost."

Adjan nodded at that.
"They can be fended of yes but it is not an easy task, and remember your Paradox might not end up being a spirit...there are worse things that can happen."
He said and frowned.

He smiled, "One day, I'm sure."

Adjan smiled and nodded at that.

He nodded, "The practice is legal, certainly; it's clearly a reflection of the Union. But just as much as it is legal, there are bureaucrats and politicians who, once made aware of the status quo, will refuse to accept it and start fighting for change. It only takes one to get the snowball rolling..."

"True enough Mr Wainwright and such a change might be worth stirring things up a bit for."
Philippa said and smiled a little.

He smiled, "The tangent is quite understandable. I'd be frustrated if medical personnel tried to force me to do something to my child that neither I nor my child wanted, too... and argued over the head of said child."

Philippa sigh at that and nodded.
"Yes it is far to easy for some medical personnel to see numbers rather than children, and also to have some mold as to what a child should be like and not accept that some don't fit that mold."
She said.
"Even so I will try to keep from further tangents."
She promised.

He nodded then arched an eyebrow and glanced in miss Bosh's direction, "Hum? Oh, I didn't notice her there... Her skill and efficiency seem commendable for certain, it's just not the right approach with kids...

"It is not the right approach for many adults either, some are more sensitive than others."
Philippa said and sigh.
"But like we just discussed about my rebis child we should not do the same and talk over Miss Bosh's head."

And I agree, she should be afforded proper legal representation, though I suppose the difference in standing between us is rather narrower than it would be between her and a Mage of an actual Tradition, rather than an Orphan."

"It is, and she is a member of a Tradition, she is Verbena, but you are Awakened and that count for allot in the Traditions, but I will make sure she gets proper legal representation."
Philippa said.
"And I can not promise how the case will go but I will start the process for you."

He flexed his arm again, "Now, if you will pardon me, ma'am, I must ask Madame Rose something peculiar regarding her apprentice's trial back then... and then I must prepare for dosing myself with the serum - I've discovered what it actually does, and why it should not be used over extended periods of time... I just need a little help from Lady Crexia to prove it, and... hum, I need to ask Mr. Horton how his little medical scanner works."

"Very well, but be careful when asking Deaconess Rose about her apprentice it is still a sore topic."
Philippa advices you then she raised an eyebrow.
"Taking the serum? Long time effects? Mr Horton's devices I have to admit you have lost me there Mr Wainwright."

He bowed, "I hope we will speak again in less trying times, milady."

"I would like that as well Mr Wainwright, good morning."
Philippa said and she gave you a polite nod.

(OOC: We should probably finish up these three scenes or at least two of them for Colin before moving on to the next the posts gets so long it takes me well over an hour to write and reply and combine that with other players to reply to as well and it is hard to sneak away the time for it.)

(OOC 2: How many rounds did you win? )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:07 am

He winced, recalling how bad she'd looked when she left. "I hope she'll be ok."

"Mr Horton tells me she will need rest and she have gotten quite a shock but that she should be fine."
Joakim said and nodded.

"I'd appreciate the opportunity to do that, if I'm able."

Joakim nodded.
"I will arrange for it Sodalis."

He nodded at his comment but said nothing, slipping his phone back away carefully for now. "The people in the infirmary probably think I'm paranoid; while the prisoner was being seen to I told them about his condition and they wanted to write up a summary for when they passed on their shifts but...given what's going on, well, I'd rather leave that up to you if such a record was around. Everyone wants to think their chantry is perfectly secure, I did too, but..."

"Hum...writing up a summary about the prisoner's condition might be a good idea, nothing is perfectly secure that is true but having such a record would be useful even if someone who should not could potentially get a hold of it, at times usefulness have to come before the fear of a minor risk."
Joakim said and nodded.
"I will have a talk with those on guard duty."

He shook his head sadly and then scratched at his beard. "It wasn't a brilliant spell, it was one that I'd been using often enough that my pater taught me, thankfully. It was a bit of an unorthodox use of it, maybe, or at least not a situation it's commonly applied to; it's not really considered battle magick per se. More like mop work. I always was fond of that one recounting of a magus of the Order who was not overtly powerful but made good use of his environment around him, using basic spells. He defeated an opponent by causing a rock slide, if I recall the telling correctly We got a bit lucky that it wasn't something she thought about and left us a loose end to pull. Oh! which reminds me about the fellow, is he okay?" he asked, remembering the orphan in a flash.

"The finest battle magick is practical battle magick Sodalis. It do not matter how fancy a spell is if it don't do the job. Over at Umbra Gladii there is a young Virtual Adept apprentice he have never gotten past two apprentice degrees, Entropy and Correspondence as the Traditions like to call it, and then he use a sniper rifle, he is one mage I would not want to find myself in a fight with."
Joakim said and smiled.
"Yes I have heard that story about the rock slide. The thing is if you had used more fancy spells probably Abigail would have warded against that, but a simple rote that you used that got though and it got the job done and that is what matters."
The old Hermetic said and smiled.
"As for the Orphan I have put a couple of Virtual Adepts on locating him so we can get him to safety and offer him the protection of the Traditions."

"It's up to you, sir. I just thought, as we will be going back. It might be possible to make a more secure communication too but I entirely understand wanting to speak in person about certain matters."

"I have every confidence in my apprentice's candle magic for privacy however some things should be done in person...you might not know this but the suspected teacher of our prisoner was once your Mentor's Cabalmate, I owe it to Master Morgan to show him the respect of addressing this in person as this go beyond just security it is personal for the old man."
Joakim said and frowned.
"So I would accept the offer to come with your group when you leave with my gratitude Sodalis."
He said politely.

"Yes, sir. Do I need a key?" he asked, regretfully pulling himself up off the chair and pushing it back up against the desk. He did not seem to be inclined to arguing, which probably spoke more volumes about how tired he actually was than if he had protested.

"No the unused rooms are not locked. I will send Thomas up with some fresh clothes for you, nothing fancy but a clean shirt we can arrange."
Joakim said and he stood up to go to the cafeteria and speak with Miss Piti.
"Unless there was anything else then Sodalis?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:17 pm

"I don't know if 3ccs is much or little my Mentor never let Doc inject me with anything when he saw I was scared, but I am worried about you."
She said and looked at you with concern in her eyes.
"But I guess you know what you are doing Mentor."
Colin shrugged, "It's about one fluid ounce - or a small shot glass. A little more than the muscle can comfortably accomodate in so short a time, but not enough to cause lasting damage."

"Rikki is ok? That is good he is such a sweet cat."
Anna said and she seamed to be cheered up a little.
"He is a good boy indeed is he going to be okey?"
He nodded, "He seemed very well behaved. He's... going to miss his mum, of course, but since he's not been magically altered, I think he's going to be fine, once he meets another forever human to stay with."

Alex smiled.
"I filters a sample of personal Quintessence through a void capacitor to separate out individual components and post the result on screen."
He said proudly.
"And yes little lady I am indeed a member of the Sons of Ether."
He said to Anna and smiled.
Colin winked to Anna, "I understood each individual word in that sentence. Comprehending the whole of it might take a little longer."

"You got lucky then Mentor, it is a version of Rubbing the Bones really, but in Agnes case it will give the victim violent stomach cramps, basically you would have spent the next few days cramped up, vomiting and defecating everywhere and while the curse would not have killed you, you would sure wish that it did."
Anna said and frowned.
"She had quite a few spells involving onions though so it might have been one of the other ones."
She muttered and she raised an eyebrow.
"What have Lady Larson done with the reinforcements we sent Mentor?"
He grimaced, "The first thing she did felt like she was rearranging my innards; I managed to stop that one, at least... After that, she started driving a nail into an onion, and I don't know what she was going to do to me, but all the same, I'm glad Abigail called her off..."
He frowned, "Larson has... no widderslaintes in Boston. Abigail's reinforcements are... well, some of them are still alive; we found Martha... she could tell us that Larson has betrayed Abigail. Abigail was not happy about that, I can tell you... She was none too pleased we'd captured Jodelle, either, though she took some pride in hearing that Jodelle, at least, will go to her end proud and unbroken... It's a small comfort, but scarcely more than that..."

Anna nodded sadly.
"I guess as ways to die go that is one of the more benign."
She muttered and looked down.
"Did he say anything before he died?"
He nodded, pondering briefly, "Mostly regrets that things turned out as they did, and concern for his friend who lay harried by Paradox... His last action was one of compassion; that may help him in his next incarnation, at least..."

"What would be the point in invading a nation where all the citizens are high?"
Anna asked and raised an eyebrow.
He frowned, "An addict will not care of you take all their family heirlooms, all the treasures of their country, everything of value that they might possess, so long as they can get their fix. Suffice to say, there is a lot of guilt and shame in the British Museum..."

"It do not seam like a good plan at least whatever or not Queen Victoria was a Technocrat."
Anna said and shook her head.
He sighed, "The wars themselves, as I recall, were initiated by businessmen - the Halliburtons, WalMarts, Monsantos and Nestlés of their time, not giving a shit about anything but their own profits, whatever the costs to the people from whom the profits were taken."

"Most magickal beasts have some sort of magickal ability often similar to the Charms of Spirits."
Kristina said. Anna smiled and nodded.
"I am sure they are wonderful...I want to pet them..."
He nodded, "Well, that might be possible, but I think we had best ask politely first."

"Well I guess you could ask someone skilled with Life Magick to create a body for you out of a plant or something, the question is if Gabriel would notice the shift, but yes it is a milder manipulation of the past than saving the woman before her point of death would have been."
Adjan muttered.
He nodded, "It would probably be worth the try, at least."

Adjan nodded at that.
"They can be fended of yes but it is not an easy task, and remember your Paradox might not end up being a spirit...there are worse things that can happen."
He said and frowned.
He nodded, "I... had to go and get Adley out of a Quiet, in the Labyrinth. That was a relatively harmless one, but... it could very easily have been dangerous to everyone."

"It is not the right approach for many adults either, some are more sensitive than others."
Philippa said and sigh.
"But like we just discussed about my rebis child we should not do the same and talk over Miss Bosh's head."
He nodded, "Of course; further discussion would be inappropriate."

"It is, and she is a member of a Tradition, she is Verbena, but you are Awakened and that count for allot in the Traditions, but I will make sure she gets proper legal representation."
Philippa said.
"And I can not promise how the case will go but I will start the process for you."
He nodded, "The legal outcome is... well, I will be disappointed if she is permitted to carry on with children as she has, of course, but so long as she realizes I fully intend to pursue the matter legally as far as necessary, it might temper her attitude a bit, at least."

"Very well, but be careful when asking Deaconess Rose about her apprentice it is still a sore topic."
Philippa advices you then she raised an eyebrow.
"Taking the serum? Long time effects? Mr Horton's devices I have to admit you have lost me there Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "I have seen the future... It seems the Technocratic serum used to suppress Avatars is... a botched replication of a Hermetic lichdom potion. Use it once, it should be safe. Use it twice in a short period of time, the body should be able to handle it. Use it more than three times in too short a period of time, and you get... Primium particles clumping in the brain. Mr. Horton's scanners might be adjusted to reveal such residual particles with a little help..."
He frowned, "I know the subject is a sore one - I would be rather worried if it wasn't - but I need a piece of information I expect would be in Dylan's trial documents. It might... turn a lot of assumptions upside down. If I am right about my suspicion."

((OOC: Agreed; the chat with Anna stretched out a little longer than expected. Razz ))
((OOC2: Well, my result series was as follows: 2-0 loss, 2-0 loss, 2-1 loss, win by walkover, and 2-0 loss. Not particularly glorious, but I really didn't have a strong deck. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:23 pm

Colin shrugged, "It's about one fluid ounce - or a small shot glass. A little more than the muscle can comfortably accomodate in so short a time, but not enough to cause lasting damage."

The little girl winced at the sound of that she clearly did not want you to do that to yourself but she did not protest further she only muttered.
"I am concerned about you Mentor."

He nodded, "He seemed very well behaved. He's... going to miss his mum, of course, but since he's not been magically altered, I think he's going to be fine, once he meets another forever human to stay with."

"If we can't find him another home to say with we can always keep him the Chantry already have two cats after all."
Alex said and Anna smiled a little.
"That is good..."
She muttered.

Colin winked to Anna, "I understood each individual word in that sentence. Comprehending the whole of it might take a little longer."

Anna nodded at that.
"Well I guess the important thing is that it works Mentor."
She said and Alex smiled a little.

He grimaced, "The first thing she did felt like she was rearranging my innards; I managed to stop that one, at least... After that, she started driving a nail into an onion, and I don't know what she was going to do to me, but all the same, I'm glad Abigail called her off..."

"I think that is a death curse Mentor. In old English witchcraft if you have an onion and a few toads and a rusty nail or two you could cast just about any spell."
Anna said and frowned.
"I am glad you did not die horribly though I would be screwed if you did and besides you are rather nice."

He frowned, "Larson has... no widderslaintes in Boston. Abigail's reinforcements are... well, some of them are still alive; we found Martha... she could tell us that Larson has betrayed Abigail. Abigail was not happy about that, I can tell you... She was none too pleased we'd captured Jodelle, either, though she took some pride in hearing that Jodelle, at least, will go to her end proud and unbroken... It's a small comfort, but scarcely more than that..."

"So Martha will be sent to Horizon as well?"
Anna asked and sigh.
"Jodelle is stern but she is ok, I guess it is a good thing she is still proud, I would have liked to be in her situation but I would be screaming and begging and pissing myself..."
The girl muttered and shuddered.
"What did Lady Larson do with the reinforcements?"
She asked nervously.

He nodded, pondering briefly, "Mostly regrets that things turned out as they did, and concern for his friend who lay harried by Paradox... His last action was one of compassion; that may help him in his next incarnation, at least..."

"I guess it will, he was a nice guy I am going to miss him."
Anna muttered.
"I am going to miss them all, my entire family have been killed or soon will be."
She muttered and looked sadly down.
"It is all to much I do not even know what to feel."

He frowned, "An addict will not care of you take all their family heirlooms, all the treasures of their country, everything of value that they might possess, so long as they can get their fix. Suffice to say, there is a lot of guilt and shame in the British Museum..."

"Well that is a bit of a dick move, it would have earned the ones who did it allot of asshole points, I think Abigail would have approved."
The little girl muttered.

He sighed, "The wars themselves, as I recall, were initiated by businessmen - the Halliburtons, WalMarts, Monsantos and Nestlés of their time, not giving a shit about anything but their own profits, whatever the costs to the people from whom the profits were taken."

"That is just wrong..."
Anna muttered and shook her head.
"That is not how one should go about invading another nation, one should use dragons and battle trained unicorns and not dirty tactics like that."

He nodded, "Well, that might be possible, but I think we had best ask politely first."

"Yeah asking politely would be wise."
The young Nephanda agreed.

He nodded, "It would probably be worth the try, at least."

"I know some of the same rank as me should be able to do it, I just can't wrap my head around how myself but it should not be to complicated."
Adjan said and nodded.

He nodded, "I... had to go and get Adley out of a Quiet, in the Labyrinth. That was a relatively harmless one, but... it could very easily have been dangerous to everyone."

"At the time you could attempt something like what you speak of Colin you would be a Master of the Art, a Master in Quiet is a terrible thing, but you could also explode, just die outright be banished to a Paradox realm, become a deformed monster screw up the progression of time for everyone, have your Avatar shattered...well the list go on with that kind of Paradox."
The Euthanatos said and frowned.
"Becoming a Master of Prime as well first to learn how to lessen the effects of the Scourge might be a good idea."

He nodded, "Of course; further discussion would be inappropriate."

Philippa nodded.
"It would be, just have the paperwork delivered and if need be we can discuss it further then in private but I think what needs to be said have been said."

He nodded, "The legal outcome is... well, I will be disappointed if she is permitted to carry on with children as she has, of course, but so long as she realizes I fully intend to pursue the matter legally as far as necessary, it might temper her attitude a bit, at least."

"Well with your apprentice...Anna was it? The proceeding might not win forward as the child officially are still a prisoner but there where a young hedge wizard boy who where scared to the point of hiding for hours while his teacher tried to talk him down, and the Hermetic third degree in question is a full member of the Order of Hermes and from his complaints he was never asked about any use of force against his apprentice for a routine vaccination and claims he had told the boy as he sent him to the infirmary that he could call quits at any point and leave after he had been talked into catching up to the rather more severe American vaccination plan...it could be possible to combine the two complaints I think."
Philippa muttered more to herself than to you.

He nodded, "I have seen the future... It seems the Technocratic serum used to suppress Avatars is... a botched replication of a Hermetic lichdom potion. Use it once, it should be safe. Use it twice in a short period of time, the body should be able to handle it. Use it more than three times in too short a period of time, and you get... Primium particles clumping in the brain. Mr. Horton's scanners might be adjusted to reveal such residual particles with a little help..."

Philippa nodded.
"Ah I see, I am not to fond of that serum myself but I am Verbena Technocracy magick is not something I favor, we have had few reasons to use such methods here though since we have the two shielded cells but yes if you have figured out something about that serum then examining it further is probably a boon. I could not tell you what Mr Horton's scanners can or can not do though, but he is a very skilled healer I can tell you that much."

He frowned, "I know the subject is a sore one - I would be rather worried if it wasn't - but I need a piece of information I expect would be in Dylan's trial documents. It might... turn a lot of assumptions upside down. If I am right about my suspicion."

"I see, very well then Mr Wainwright just promise me to be kind in your questions, loosing an apprentice is never...a fond memory and especially not when it is to a executioner's axe."
She said and she looked away sadly for a moment.
"Well I will not be keeping you Mr Wainwright and I should anyway check in on Miss DiMeera."

(OOC: There is nothing wrong with long posts I like long posts but keeping it to about two scenes per player at once make it more manageable. Unless there is something like having a scene with Tane who post slower so other scenes go on at the same time allowing him to be a part of things with what time he have for the game without clogging it up or something like that, but generally going for no more than two scenes at the time.)

(OOC 2: Well many players spend allot of money on their Modern decks. Someone I know have four Goyfs in hers and unless they have gone down in price lately that is 400 dollars just for that playset.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:33 pm

"To some degree Serge, but the Asencion War is about more than having a point to prove it is a war for the nature of reality, but yes in wars people end up dead, people you care about or you end up captured by the enemy and are bound to be sent to their headquarters for trial and...what comes after the trial."
He muttered fearfully and looked away.

"Yeah well, some have it worse than others." Serge said as Siege looked fearfully away. "You've already mentioned what horrific things the Technocracy would do to you if they caught you. But you know, not everyone is a monster looking to destroy or subjugate their enemies."

"I am not claiming I did not have a good reason to fight and if I was still with my Chantry and Cabal I would be fighting still if I had not gotten myself killed or something. I really do not want the Union to win this war, I am simply saying that while war is necessary at times it is not really exiting and glorious, not in reality is is terrible and scary and you are glad just to live another day and hope to be able to make some sort of difference before the end you know will come sooner or later."
He said and sigh.
"But yeah I did some good back then I did..."

"I don't see why you have to stop doing good." Serge said earnestly. "You can still save people who are in trouble. Who are being threatened by the horrors of the outside world. If given the opportunity....would you help a fellow mage in need?" Serge asked.

Siege smiled a little.
"No you never forget that first Epiphany when you realize that reality is malleable, that everyone is changing it with their minds only you now realize that you are, that everyone are so you can do so consciously, and I agree if one is lucky enough to have a Mentor guiding you though the process they become a new parent you never forget them...though I expect mine is less than proud of me after I Fell."
He said and sigh.
"I do not regret going to the Caul but I regret causing him pain."

"What's your mentor doing nowadays?" Serge asked. "Did you ever meet him again after the Caul? Did you ever tell him that you regret causing him that kind of pain?"

"Not exactly, I was singing when it happened. My music teacher had been telling me for months about the power music had and suddenly it clicked, I felt a rush of power through me...like if I was touching the pure form of reality and everything else melted away, I saw the strings that held reality together and I saw those strings attached to the people in the street outside my teacher's home, I saw their wills weaving the great tapestry of the world, and I saw how my song could affect that tapestry and change it. I saw Quintessence, the only truth of this reality, I had never been religious but at that point I realize there where a divine will, not some old dude with a long white beard in the sky, but energy, a beautiful, pulsating, living energy that was the thread that the tapestry of the world was woven by and I cried...it was...beautiful, wondrous and terrifying at the same time."
The Nephandus muttered with awe in his voice at the memory and he drew a deep breath.
"Well ehm...every Awakening is different I guess..."

Serge was looking off into the distance as Siege described his awakening. Envisioning it inside his mind and thinking about his words carefully. "With the talk about divine will, music, and the tapestry of life, it sounds like you were a part of the Celestial Chrous. Did I get it right?" Serge said glancing back at Siege with a smile on his face.

"Not something quite as exiting I fear. i met her at the grocery store she helped me to find the lactose free milk, so you could say she saved me from the choice of having dry cereal for breakfast or getting a nasty rash...her name was Jodi...Jodi Blake."
He said and you hear Ryan swear under his breath at the name.
"Fuck!"
Siege looked at the older Cultist and raised an eyebrow then he sigh.
"Yeah...that one..."
He muttered.

Ignoring the vulgar reaction from his uncle (although he made a mental note to ask later) Serge continued his questioning. "Hold up, you met this Jodie at the grocery store? What happened after? Did you guys start dating or did you stalk her for a while like they do in all the romance movies?"
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:20 pm

"Yeah well, some have it worse than others." Serge said as Siege looked fearfully away. "You've already mentioned what horrific things the Technocracy would do to you if they caught you. But you know, not everyone is a monster looking to destroy or subjugate their enemies."

"No not all are, and if I where a Technocrat my fate in Tradition hands would probably be far better than vice versa but the Traditions are not kind to captured Fallen kid...let us just say I would have preferred it if the Union had got me."
Siege muttered bitterly.

"I don't see why you have to stop doing good." Serge said earnestly. "You can still save people who are in trouble. Who are being threatened by the horrors of the outside world. If given the opportunity....would you help a fellow mage in need?" Serge asked.

"An Orphan perhaps or an unaffiliated hedge wizard but the Traditions...they are enemies now Serge and just like you have rules against helping me so do we, at least to some degree, and no nothing stops me from helping a sleeper and I do every now and again but when you have seen...enough...done enough of the things life in the Nephandi demand of you...such actions become more and more alien."

"What's your mentor doing nowadays?" Serge asked. "Did you ever meet him again after the Caul? Did you ever tell him that you regret causing him that kind of pain?"

"The last I heard he had taken a new student and moved to a small Collage Chantry to teach her and now I never went to see him after I Fell, I would not want to put him in the position of having to either break the protocols and let me go or try to capture or kill me, just did not seam fair to force that choice on him."
The prisoner said and sigh.

Serge was looking off into the distance as Siege described his awakening. Envisioning it inside his mind and thinking about his words carefully. "With the talk about divine will, music, and the tapestry of life, it sounds like you were a part of the Celestial Chrous. Did I get it right?" Serge said glancing back at Siege with a smile on his face.

"Yes you got it right...I was a Chorister The Order of St. Michael to be exact."
The prisoner said he seamed a bit anoyed that you had guessed his Tradition and drew a deep breath.
"And you are Cult of Ecstasy I assume from the ring you are wearing? I assume then that the guard dog you have with you here are your Mentor?"
He asked and nodded towards Ryan.

Ignoring the vulgar reaction from his uncle (although he made a mental note to ask later) Serge continued his questioning. "Hold up, you met this Jodie at the grocery store? What happened after? Did you guys start dating or did you stalk her for a while like they do in all the romance movies?"

"You are quite concerned with movies are you not kid?"
Siege asked sounding amused.
"I asked her out for coffee, she was beautiful, mysterious and addicting so yes we did start dating."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:08 pm

The little girl winced at the sound of that she clearly did not want you to do that to yourself but she did not protest further she only muttered.
"I am concerned about you Mentor."
Colin smiled, "A little discomfort for me today is worth years of others not having headaches and other aftereffects... As I said, the once is safe, but long-term use is not."

"I think that is a death curse Mentor. In old English witchcraft if you have an onion and a few toads and a rusty nail or two you could cast just about any spell."
Anna said and frowned.
"I am glad you did not die horribly though I would be screwed if you did and besides you are rather nice."
He made a face, "Well, at least that one was avoided... I'm glad I got out alive, too. If I hadn't, my girlfriend would have killed me..."

"So Martha will be sent to Horizon as well?"
Anna asked and sigh.
"Jodelle is stern but she is ok, I guess it is a good thing she is still proud, I would have liked to be in her situation but I would be screaming and begging and pissing myself..."
The girl muttered and shuddered.
"What did Lady Larson do with the reinforcements?"
She asked nervously.
He shook his head slowly, frowning deeply, "Martha is... an Eater of the Weak no more. She will likely be interrogated for a little while, then executed. That is what Larson has done with the reinforcements - like I said, Larson has no more widderslaintes in Boston... she's sacrificed them all for her own ends..."
He nodded, "Jodelle... I would have liked to get to know her under other circumstances. Fighting by her side would have been an honour, had she not, well... had her life not taken the path it did."

"I guess it will, he was a nice guy I am going to miss him."
Anna muttered.
"I am going to miss them all, my entire family have been killed or soon will be."
She muttered and looked sadly down.
"It is all to much I do not even know what to feel."
He nodded, "You'll always miss them, I'm afraid. The good, the bad, they're all part and parcel of where you came from. Even so, I hope I can make your future something you'll love more than the years in the Labyrinth; a life without torture or violence, a life where you can thrive and be happy. But I'll never deny you to miss the old family, even if I won't let you join them."

"Well that is a bit of a dick move, it would have earned the ones who did it allot of asshole points, I think Abigail would have approved."
He nodded, "It worked for a few years. It was a dark chapter in our history. And yes, I suppose Abigail would have approved of it."

"That is just wrong..."
Anna muttered and shook her head.
"That is not how one should go about invading another nation, one should use dragons and battle trained unicorns and not dirty tactics like that."
He grinned, "Now, if we could get that down into international law - to only wage war by means of dragons and unicorns - the world would be a brilliant place. Especially so long as neither dragons or unicorns are easy to come by for anyone on this Earth."

"I know some of the same rank as me should be able to do it, I just can't wrap my head around how myself but it should not be to complicated."
Adjan said and nodded.
He nodded, "Same as with the Heart's Blood rote, I suppose - as I understand it, it's an Initiate-rank rote, and it simply drains extra Quintessence out of the Mage's own body... and I just don't understand how that can be done. Directly fueling a spell with a chunk of Tass or something like that, sure, that's easy, but drawing extra power from my own flesh and blood? I don't see how that's supposed to be accomplished, even as I've seen Adley do it."

"At the time you could attempt something like what you speak of Colin you would be a Master of the Art, a Master in Quiet is a terrible thing, but you could also explode, just die outright be banished to a Paradox realm, become a deformed monster screw up the progression of time for everyone, have your Avatar shattered...well the list go on with that kind of Paradox."
The Euthanatos said and frowned.
"Becoming a Master of Prime as well first to learn how to lessen the effects of the Scourge might be a good idea."
He nodded, "Safety valves, as it were, is a must for something of that magnitude. I doubt future me has been projecting present me back and forth without some way to take the worst bite of Paradox out of the equation..."

"Well with your apprentice...Anna was it? The proceeding might not win forward as the child officially are still a prisoner but there where a young hedge wizard boy who where scared to the point of hiding for hours while his teacher tried to talk him down, and the Hermetic third degree in question is a full member of the Order of Hermes and from his complaints he was never asked about any use of force against his apprentice for a routine vaccination and claims he had told the boy as he sent him to the infirmary that he could call quits at any point and leave after he had been talked into catching up to the rather more severe American vaccination plan...it could be possible to combine the two complaints I think."
Philippa muttered more to herself than to you.
He nodded, "A pattern of behaviour, rather than a single misstep."

Philippa nodded.
"Ah I see, I am not to fond of that serum myself but I am Verbena Technocracy magick is not something I favor, we have had few reasons to use such methods here though since we have the two shielded cells but yes if you have figured out something about that serum then examining it further is probably a boon. I could not tell you what Mr Horton's scanners can or can not do though, but he is a very skilled healer I can tell you that much."
He smiled wryly, "No-one is fond of that serum. Oh, it's effective and dependable, but... long-term effects will... well, I'm sure you can work out for yourself what clumps of metal gathering in the brain will do to a person... And yes, I've seen him work. Impeccable practical skills and good bedside manners. He's certainly a boon to your Chantry."

"I see, very well then Mr Wainwright just promise me to be kind in your questions, loosing an apprentice is never...a fond memory and especially not when it is to a executioner's axe."
She said and she looked away sadly for a moment.
"Well I will not be keeping you Mr Wainwright and I should anyway check in on Miss DiMeera."
He nodded, "It is, in fact, the executioner himself I need to know about. If that was who I suspect, House Guernicus will have a field day with dirty laundry..."
He nod, "Likewise, milady; I hope the rest of your day is less eventful."

((OOC: Yeah, so for now, I'll work to neatly sort out Anna, Adjan and Philippa before moving back upstairs to a few other conversations. Razz Gotta get the phone back and send Adley a message and so on, and get a few things done before Crexia gets back and arranges a time bubble.))

((OOC2: Yeah, not all of those decks were paid for like that - several had borrowed cards to complete their decks. It was a practical solution to save a little money, I suppose... I myself will not be spending THAT much on getting a solid deck, at least; I'll be content with seeing what I have and using that.))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:12 pm

"Mr Horton tells me she will need rest and she have gotten quite a shock but that she should be fine." Joakim said and nodded.

"That's good news," he replied.

"Hum...writing up a summary about the prisoner's condition might be a good idea, nothing is perfectly secure that is true but having such a record would be useful even if someone who should not could potentially get a hold of it, at times usefulness have to come before the fear of a minor risk." Joakim said and nodded. "I will have a talk with those on guard duty."

He tilted his head. "Not fear, paranoia maybe."

"The finest battle magick is practical battle magick Sodalis. It do not matter how fancy a spell is if it don't do the job. Over at Umbra Gladii there is a young Virtual Adept apprentice he have never gotten past two apprentice degrees, Entropy and Correspondence as the Traditions like to call it, and then he use a sniper rifle, he is one mage I would not want to find myself in a fight with."
Joakim said and smiled. "Yes I have heard that story about the rock slide. The thing is if you had used more fancy spells probably Abigail would have warded against that, but a simple rote that you used that got though and it got the job done and that is what matters."

"Yeah, we got a bit lucky, in that like I said."

The old Hermetic said and smiled. "As for the Orphan I have put a couple of Virtual Adepts on locating him so we can get him to safety and offer him the protection of the Traditions."

"Good. Hell of a way to be introduced."

"I have every confidence in my apprentice's candle magic for privacy however some things should be done in person...you might not know this but the suspected teacher of our prisoner was once your Mentor's Cabalmate, I owe it to Master Morgan to show him the respect of addressing this in person as this go beyond just security it is personal for the old man." Joakim said and frowned. "So I would accept the offer to come with your group when you leave with my gratitude Sodalis." He said politely.

"It's us that should be thankful, but no I didn't know that. It explains a few things, though...hrm, something seemed to have changed. Best not talk about it here, I suppose."

"No the unused rooms are not locked. I will send Thomas up with some fresh clothes for you, nothing fancy but a clean shirt we can arrange." Joakim said and he stood up to go to the cafeteria and speak with Miss Piti. "Unless there was anything else then Sodalis?"

"Thanks, that's what I was going to ask for, next time I'm packing more clothing," he grumbled. "Nothing else at this time, sir, aside from saying that I am glad you are okay," he gave him a bow and left, heading to the second floor and the room he had been directed to use.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:04 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled, "A little discomfort for me today is worth years of others not having headaches and other aftereffects... As I said, the once is safe, but long-term use is not."

The little girl still looked concerned but she slightly patted your arm and sigh.
"I guess you are right Mentor."
She muttered.

He made a face, "Well, at least that one was avoided... I'm glad I got out alive, too. If I hadn't, my girlfriend would have killed me..."

"Is that the girl with the green deadlocks? Is she a necromancer?"
Anna asked and glanced at you.

He shook his head slowly, frowning deeply, "Martha is... an Eater of the Weak no more. She will likely be interrogated for a little while, then executed. That is what Larson has done with the reinforcements - like I said, Larson has no more widderslaintes in Boston... she's sacrificed them all for her own ends..."

"That...that is horrible!"
Anna gasped and she turned quite pale Kristina gave you a look as if to ask if this really was something you should be telling a twelve year old.

He nodded, "Jodelle... I would have liked to get to know her under other circumstances. Fighting by her side would have been an honour, had she not, well... had her life not taken the path it did."

"Miss Jerkins are a pretty ok lady, I think you would have liked her if we had not been at war. I do not like to think about what will happen to her though."
The young Nephanda muttered sadly and looked down.

He nodded, "You'll always miss them, I'm afraid. The good, the bad, they're all part and parcel of where you came from. Even so, I hope I can make your future something you'll love more than the years in the Labyrinth; a life without torture or violence, a life where you can thrive and be happy. But I'll never deny you to miss the old family, even if I won't let you join them."

Anna nodded she looked at you with sad eyes and plucked at her socks she finally had a hole to work on now.
"I know that they where fucked up in many ways Mentor, really fucked up but they where still my family."
She said and started sobbing again.

He nodded, "It worked for a few years. It was a dark chapter in our history. And yes, I suppose Abigail would have approved of it."

"Lady Abigail like assholery, she like it allot."
"Did things get better in China after a while?"

He grinned, "Now, if we could get that down into international law - to only wage war by means of dragons and unicorns - the world would be a brilliant place. Especially so long as neither dragons or unicorns are easy to come by for anyone on this Earth."

"It would make war allot more fair and more interesting."
Anna said and nodded in agreement and smiled up at you.
"I am not so sure the sleepers would agree though."

He nodded, "Same as with the Heart's Blood rote, I suppose - as I understand it, it's an Initiate-rank rote, and it simply drains extra Quintessence out of the Mage's own body... and I just don't understand how that can be done. Directly fueling a spell with a chunk of Tass or something like that, sure, that's easy, but drawing extra power from my own flesh and blood? I don't see how that's supposed to be accomplished, even as I've seen Adley do it."

"I can pull of pulling Quintessence from my own life pattern sacrificing my own life force to the Gods, but creating a body that is a bit harder for me to understand but I guess that is the beauty of varying Paradigms, we might call our ranking the same thing but we still see it vastly differently. I am concerned about Adley though, that rote he did took allot out of him."
Adjan said and frowned.

He nodded, "Safety valves, as it were, is a must for something of that magnitude. I doubt future me has been projecting present me back and forth without some way to take the worst bite of Paradox out of the equation..."

"You are probably right about that."

He nodded, "A pattern of behaviour, rather than a single misstep."

"Yes it would seam to be so, well I will speak with the young boy's Mentor and unless you mind mention that there is another case and ask the man if he would like to bring the two cases before the Deacon Council as one."
Philippa suggested.

He smiled wryly, "No-one is fond of that serum. Oh, it's effective and dependable, but... long-term effects will... well, I'm sure you can work out for yourself what clumps of metal gathering in the brain will do to a person... And yes, I've seen him work. Impeccable practical skills and good bedside manners. He's certainly a boon to your Chantry."

Philippa frowned.
"Yes indeed the serum is dependable but from what you say it should only be used if there is no other option and long term effects are quite...problematic."
She muttered then she nodded and smiled.
"Yes Mr Horton is a good man, kind, dutiful and skilled we are quite fortunate to have him I could not understand his magick if my life depended on it though those machines and potions he creates..."

He nodded, "It is, in fact, the executioner himself I need to know about. If that was who I suspect, House Guernicus will have a field day with dirty laundry..."
He nod, "Likewise, milady; I hope the rest of your day is less eventful."

"Hum the executioner...well who performed the poor young Etherite's execution should be a matter of record, now you have gotten me curious though, what is it that you suspect? Or is not that something to be discussed in the hallways?"
Philippa said then she nodded.
"Hopefully not but I fear that for Boston trouble is not done boiling for today from what I hear."

(OOC: That sounds good.)

(OOC 2: Borrowing cards is a good solution. I want a rack deck but that is going to cost and it is so much else I want as well...priorities it seams. Razz )

Adley:

That's good news," he replied.

"It is indeed she is a good woman."

He tilted his head. "Not fear, paranoia maybe."

"Well paranoia can be useful at times but at other times one have to let some caution go to find a practical solution to a situation."
Joakim said and smiled slightly.

"Yeah, we got a bit lucky, in that like I said."

"That you did...however you still did good Sodalis your Mentor trained you well."

"Good. Hell of a way to be introduced."

"Yes poor kid having his Avatar tapped into in such a way that is...quite a violation."
Joakim said and frowned.

"It's us that should be thankful, but no I didn't know that. It explains a few things, though...hrm, something seemed to have changed. Best not talk about it here, I suppose."

"Changed in what way?"
Joakim asked then he shook his head.
"No...no you are right Sodalis we should not talk about it here not for now at least. As for gratitude well we are all Traditionalists if there is to be any point to this sex hundred year old war council we need to help one another out."
He said and smiled jovially.

"Thanks, that's what I was going to ask for, next time I'm packing more clothing," he grumbled.

"A few fresh shirts can be...useful."
Joakim said and smiled a little.

"Nothing else at this time, sir, aside from saying that I am glad you are okay,"

"Likewise, I would not have enjoyed telling Old Man Morgan of your demise...he have lost enough apprentices."
Joakim said darkly then he smiled.
"And thank you, I am glad to be alive as well, I would find it very hard to one day retire to the coast of Italy with a round wife to let myself grow old and content if I where dead now would I."
He said with a bit of humor in his voice.

he gave him a bow and left, heading to the second floor and the room he had been directed to use.

You got to a simple bedroom, there where two beds, two desks, two closets, two book shelves, a table and a few chairs and blue and green curtains. There was a second door inside of the room that lead to a bathroom with two showers, a toilet and a sink, there was also a shelf filled with towels, soap and other such supplies.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:18 pm

"Well paranoia can be useful at times but at other times one have to let some caution go to find a practical solution to a situation."
Joakim said and smiled slightly.

"I think you might be able to forgive me for erring on the side of caution, given the way of things lately."

"That you did...however you still did good Sodalis your Mentor trained you well."

"Yes he did, sir," he said, a small smile appearing on his face.

"And thank you, I am glad to be alive as well, I would find it very hard to one day retire to the coast of Italy with a round wife to let myself grow old and content if I where dead now would I." He said with a bit of humor in his voice.

He gave him a smile back and then left, closing the door behind him unless Joakim was leaving as well to talk to Pirri.

You got to a simple bedroom, there where two beds, two desks, two closets, two book shelves, a table and a few chairs and blue and green curtains. There was a second door inside of the room that lead to a bathroom with two showers, a toilet and a sink, there was also a shelf filled with towels, soap and other such supplies.

He looked around, noting similarities to Steelhaven or other dorms, and then made a straight shot to the bathroom to take care of personal matters. He was so glad to see a shower that two showers was tempting in a silly sort of way, one in each. Soap. Glorious soap, hot water...there could probably not be enough soap to get rid of all the grime, especially what wasn't really on the outside but stuck in his mind. He made sure there was a hair trap in the drain, took all the items from his dirty clothing and set them where he could keep an eye on them without getting anything wet. He tried to himself from falling asleep in the shower by going over meditation exercises; though he hated complaining, and his body was overall in better shape than some others, he had never been so tired in his entire life. But funny how something so simple as being able to take a shower, something he did every day usually, that he'd taken for granted now felt like a well-earned luxury.

// yeah one of the reasons why I never became more of a casual player of Magic was the cost of the cards D: I played a bit when I was younger but didn't keep up with the game.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:59 pm

The little girl still looked concerned but she slightly patted your arm and sigh.
"I guess you are right Mentor."
She muttered.
Colin nodded, "It's... best if the test with the pictures is done on a willing person - in this case me. Doing it on a captive would be... questionable at best."

"Is that the girl with the green deadlocks? Is she a necromancer?"
Anna asked and glanced at you.
He shook his head, a mock-worried expression on his face, "Yes, that's her... and no, she is not, but she's threatened to learn. And seeing how everything is information to her, somehow I don't think she'll need too long to pick up the basics with a bit of motivation..."

"That...that is horrible!"
Anna gasped and she turned quite pale Kristina gave you a look as if to ask if this really was something you should be telling a twelve year old.
He nodded, "Much as I am going to help stop Larson to protect the world, there's a part of me intending to do so to avenge the Fallen she betrayed, as well... Even enemies deserve someone to speak for them when they themselves cannot."

"Miss Jerkins are a pretty ok lady, I think you would have liked her if we had not been at war. I do not like to think about what will happen to her though."
The young Nephanda muttered sadly and looked down.
He nodded, "Oh, I do like her just fine; she's a sort of kindred spirit, a fellow warrior. There's a degree of mutual respect there. I... do regret what will happen, but she'll at least see one friendly face in the crowd at the end."

Anna nodded she looked at you with sad eyes and plucked at her socks she finally had a hole to work on now.
"I know that they where fucked up in many ways Mentor, really fucked up but they where still my family."
She said and started sobbing again.
He nodded, "They were... But sometimes, a family needs to be broken apart so not everyone tears themselves down. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is. You get to live and remember them, though, and so long as you do, they're not entirely gone."

"Lady Abigail like assholery, she like it allot."
"Did things get better in China after a while?"
He frowned, "Well, yes, things did improve after a while... for a while... whether or not things are better now what one might generously call a heated topic of debate, but the Chinese are at least in control themselves, for better or for worse."

"It would make war allot more fair and more interesting."
Anna said and nodded in agreement and smiled up at you.
"I am not so sure the sleepers would agree though."
He chuckled, "Considering Sleepers don't generally have access to dragons and unicorns, I suspect most of the civilians would be thrilled."

"I can pull of pulling Quintessence from my own life pattern sacrificing my own life force to the Gods, but creating a body that is a bit harder for me to understand but I guess that is the beauty of varying Paradigms, we might call our ranking the same thing but we still see it vastly differently. I am concerned about Adley though, that rote he did took allot out of him."
Adjan said and frowned.
He nodded, "He'll get a night's rest, and I'll make sure he gets a hearty meal to replenish himself first - I've arranged for a time bubble once the demolition team returns."

"Yes it would seam to be so, well I will speak with the young boy's Mentor and unless you mind mention that there is another case and ask the man if he would like to bring the two cases before the Deacon Council as one."
Philippa suggested.
He nodded, "I do not mind at all - anything to streamline the procedures rather than clog up the system with multiple individual complaints."

Philippa frowned.
"Yes indeed the serum is dependable but from what you say it should only be used if there is no other option and long term effects are quite...problematic."
She muttered then she nodded and smiled.
"Yes Mr Horton is a good man, kind, dutiful and skilled we are quite fortunate to have him I could not understand his magick if my life depended on it though those machines and potions he creates..."
He shrugged, "Use it once, for example to restrain someone in a Quiet for 24 hours... should be safe. Two days in a row, probably still safe. Three or more days in a row... not so much. I think it can be a very useful tool used sparingly, but it's not suitable for long-term use. For that, you have an excellent cell better suited to keeping someone disabled."

"Hum the executioner...well who performed the poor young Etherite's execution should be a matter of record, now you have gotten me curious though, what is it that you suspect? Or is not that something to be discussed in the hallways?"
Philippa said then she nodded.
"Hopefully not but I fear that for Boston trouble is not done boiling for today from what I hear."
He shook his head, "Definitely not suited for an open forum... I'll let you know if my theory is correct; I'll want the information protected, and backups are the most efficient way of that."
He sighed and grimaced, "Yes, the Boston situation will have to be resolved quickly, too... If you thought I had pulled some preposterous maneuvers already, well... it seems I am going to find and bribe the Handler of Larson's Labyrinth, which has turned out to be a parked Nephandi Battlecruiser. I have already lost track of how long this week has been, but I think I am up to about two weeks since Monday, and it's going to get longer before I can breathe freely... I'm going to want a long vacation in a couch fort in a time bubble after this..."

((OOC: The cost of Magic cards isn't all that bad if you settle for the occasional duel deck package or starter decks, plus a few boosters, and see what you can make of it. If you start buying individual cards, though - that's where the economy of it gets hairy. Razz By the way, I'm really happy with the latest duel deck set they've relesed. There's a http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=426630 in there. I'm tempted to buy three more of those packs just for a full playset - though that might be a bit extreme. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:40 pm

Adley:

"I think you might be able to forgive me for erring on the side of caution, given the way of things lately."

"Yes, yes off course Sodalis and if time permitted even more security would be preferable bit right now we are going to have to settle for keeping our...guests under guard."
Joakim said and nodded.

"Yes he did, sir," he said, a small smile appearing on his face.

Joakim gave a knowing smile and nodded.

He gave him a smile back and then left, closing the door behind him unless Joakim was leaving as well to talk to Pirri.

Joakim was on his way out as well, he gave you a nod as you left, closed the door to his office and headed towards the cafeteria.

He looked around, noting similarities to Steelhaven or other dorms, and then made a straight shot to the bathroom to take care of personal matters. He was so glad to see a shower that two showers was tempting in a silly sort of way, one in each. Soap. Glorious soap, hot water...there could probably not be enough soap to get rid of all the grime, especially what wasn't really on the outside but stuck in his mind. He made sure there was a hair trap in the drain, took all the items from his dirty clothing and set them where he could keep an eye on them without getting anything wet. He tried to himself from falling asleep in the shower by going over meditation exercises; though he hated complaining, and his body was overall in better shape than some others, he had never been so tired in his entire life. But funny how something so simple as being able to take a shower, something he did every day usually, that he'd taken for granted now felt like a well-earned luxury.

You heard a soft knock on the door to the room during your shower and the Chief's youngest apprentice that called in.
"Excuse me Sir...it is just me Thomas. I will just leave a clean shirt on the chair here and not disturb you further."
Then it sounded like the young hedge wizard left again.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "It's... best if the test with the pictures is done on a willing person - in this case me. Doing it on a captive would be... questionable at best."

Anna smiled a little at that.
"My old Mentor never used to think like that, you are kind to captives then? Other than me I mean?"

He shook his head, a mock-worried expression on his face, "Yes, that's her... and no, she is not, but she's threatened to learn. And seeing how everything is information to her, somehow I don't think she'll need too long to pick up the basics with a bit of motivation..."

"She must really love you if she would want to learn to wake you from the dead to kill you again if you made her to unhappy Mentor."
The girl said and smiled.

He nodded, "Much as I am going to help stop Larson to protect the world, there's a part of me intending to do so to avenge the Fallen she betrayed, as well... Even enemies deserve someone to speak for them when they themselves cannot."

"I knew all of those we sent...I don't like this it is all to much..."
The young prisoner sobbed more it was to much for her to process, what had happened with the reinforcements, the fall of her Labyrinth the death of her teacher, it all got to much for a young child to handle.

He nodded, "Oh, I do like her just fine; she's a sort of kindred spirit, a fellow warrior. There's a degree of mutual respect there. I... do regret what will happen, but she'll at least see one friendly face in the crowd at the end."

"I do not want Miss Jerkins to get Gilgulled and killed that is wrong!"
Anna declared then she sigh.
"But I guess if something so terrible is to happen it is better that she have a friendly face there, that she do not have to meet her fate completely alone."

He nodded, "They were... But sometimes, a family needs to be broken apart so not everyone tears themselves down. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is. You get to live and remember them, though, and so long as you do, they're not entirely gone."

"No they did not have to be broken apart...they did not!"
Anna protested.
"It is all wrong...all wrong!"
She cried and pulled the covers over her head in protest she probably should not get to upset right after she had been healed.

He frowned, "Well, yes, things did improve after a while... for a while... whether or not things are better now what one might generously call a heated topic of debate, but the Chinese are at least in control themselves, for better or for worse."

"I guess that is better at least...I have never been to China but there is this powerful Nephandus in Chicago and he is Chinese but Abigail do not like him much, but he is super powerful and can really kick ass!"
Anna said and smiled a little peeking out from under her covers.

He chuckled, "Considering Sleepers don't generally have access to dragons and unicorns, I suspect most of the civilians would be thrilled."

"Yeah I suspect so...it is a shame there is so few dragons and unicorns and phoenixes and all of them around it would have made the world allot cooler."

He nodded, "He'll get a night's rest, and I'll make sure he gets a hearty meal to replenish himself first - I've arranged for a time bubble once the demolition team returns."

Adjan nodded at that.
"Good he will need that. I am concerned about him though but he is tough he is Flambeau and the Chief's filius after all."

He nodded, "I do not mind at all - anything to streamline the procedures rather than clog up the system with multiple individual complaints."

"Very well, thank you I will speak with the boy's Mentor then and set something up."
Philippa said and nodded.

He shrugged, "Use it once, for example to restrain someone in a Quiet for 24 hours... should be safe. Two days in a row, probably still safe. Three or more days in a row... not so much. I think it can be a very useful tool used sparingly, but it's not suitable for long-term use. For that, you have an excellent cell better suited to keeping someone disabled."

"For short time use perhaps but I think I would prefer to restrain someone with my own magick than use the tools of the Union."
Philippa said and wrinkled her nose in disgust she did not appear to like the Union much.
"And yes cells like ours are more humane for long time confinement but off course we have to many prisoners for them right now, hopefully we can get them all shipped to Horizon as soon as possible though."

He shook his head, "Definitely not suited for an open forum... I'll let you know if my theory is correct; I'll want the information protected, and backups are the most efficient way of that."

The Verbena elder nodded at that.
"Very well, I will wait then Mr Wainwright."

He sighed and grimaced, "Yes, the Boston situation will have to be resolved quickly, too... If you thought I had pulled some preposterous maneuvers already, well... it seems I am going to find and bribe the Handler of Larson's Labyrinth, which has turned out to be a parked Nephandi Battlecruiser. I have already lost track of how long this week has been, but I think I am up to about two weeks since Monday, and it's going to get longer before I can breathe freely... I'm going to want a long vacation in a couch fort in a time bubble after this..."

"A grounded Battle Cruiser oh my that can cause come complication, how will you bride the...what did you call it young man? A Handler?"
Philippa said and raised and eyebrow.
"Vacationing in a couch fort though that sounds like a marvelous idea."

(OOC: I think it might be cheaper to buy most of the cards in singles rather than buy three more sets. Anyway in my gaming group several of the players do very well with just using cards from the local gaming store's freebie bin, one do not have to spend allot of money for casual play.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:36 pm

Anna smiled a little at that.
"My old Mentor never used to think like that, you are kind to captives then? Other than me I mean?"
Colin nodded, "I do what I can. As proof..."
He carefully held up Jodelle's dagger, "Jodelle entrusted me with this - told me its secret - so I would not be eaten by her children. She would not have done so had she not felt grateful for how she was treated."

"She must really love you if she would want to learn to wake you from the dead to kill you again if you made her to unhappy Mentor."
The girl said and smiled.
He grinned sheepishly, "And centuries from now, when she goes off to become a Postulant, she'll still be beautiful, too..."

"I knew all of those we sent...I don't like this it is all to much..."
The young prisoner sobbed more it was to much for her to process, what had happened with the reinforcements, the fall of her Labyrinth the death of her teacher, it all got to much for a young child to handle.
He nodded slowly, sighing.

"I do not want Miss Jerkins to get Gilgulled and killed that is wrong!"
Anna declared then she sigh.
"But I guess if something so terrible is to happen it is better that she have a friendly face there, that she do not have to meet her fate completely alone."
He nodded, "Everyone should have at least someone who doesn't hate them there at the end..."

"No they did not have to be broken apart...they did not!"
Anna protested.
"It is all wrong...all wrong!"
She cried and pulled the covers over her head in protest she probably should not get to upset right after she had been healed.
He nodded, gently patting her head, "I know it is..."

"I guess that is better at least...I have never been to China but there is this powerful Nephandus in Chicago and he is Chinese but Abigail do not like him much, but he is super powerful and can really kick ass!"
Anna said and smiled a little peeking out from under her covers.
He smiled, "Ah, yes, the Jade Demon. We've met... a very strictly honourable man, it seems; he was there for the assault on the Labyrinth, in fact. It seems Abigail's actions had finally irritated him enough. Had he and I not been formally enemies, I might have enjoyed conversing with the man about a variety of topics, but as it is... well, I should prefer not to be put on trial for breaking that particular protocol, so I will obviously stay away from his household."

"Yeah I suspect so...it is a shame there is so few dragons and unicorns and phoenixes and all of them around it would have made the world allot cooler."
He grinned broadly, "Yes, and griffins and pegasi, and all sorts of magical beasts..."
He pondered, "But then, that would probably present its own kind of dangers... Hum, I believe there is a movie about magical beasts and where to find them coming out this winter... I think we shall have to try to catch that one in the theater."

Adjan nodded at that.
"Good he will need that. I am concerned about him though but he is tough he is Flambeau and the Chief's filius after all."
He grinned, "He is tough for a Hermetic... sorry, bit of an in-joke with the Tallweller brothers here. But yes, concerns for his health are well placed, however good he is at bouncing back to shape quickly... He is young still, and that's an asset I'm beginning to envy him already..."

"For short time use perhaps but I think I would prefer to restrain someone with my own magick than use the tools of the Union."
Philippa said and wrinkled her nose in disgust she did not appear to like the Union much.
"And yes cells like ours are more humane for long time confinement but off course we have to many prisoners for them right now, hopefully we can get them all shipped to Horizon as soon as possible though."
He nodded, "The serum... is perhaps best suited as a reserve solution in case a member goes into a Quiet, or a similar situation with someone who perhaps shouldn't be physically restrained comes up... but not as the first choice of containment. It shouldn't be used as anything more than a once in a blue moon emergency fallback... and yes, we can hope all the prisoners, from both Chicago and Boston, can be overnighted to Horizon."

"A grounded Battle Cruiser oh my that can cause come complication, how will you bride the...what did you call it young man? A Handler?"
Philippa said and raised and eyebrow.
"Vacationing in a couch fort though that sounds like a marvelous idea."
He grinned, "With a good book and a pack of imported butter, apparently. It sounds ridiculous, but it could work... I suspect the Handler doesn't know the full extent of Larson's crimes, so that could be an argument to drive a wedge between them. Ah, the Handler is a Nephandus whose mind and soul has been grafted to the polyp's brain... I don't know how that grafting is done, nor do I want to know how, but without the Handler, the creature will stop taking commands and follow its own limited mind instead..."

((OOC: Considering Coat of Arms seems to lie in the seven-dollar range, and the duel deck pack was priced at 279 NOK... Well, the pack contains two 60-card decks, with a number of pretty sweet Legendaries included, for example Talrand, Sky Summoner, I do think the decks would be their money's worth, all in all. Perhaps not four of the pack, but maybe two? And I don't usually bother with the freebie bin - commons are everywhere; don't recall seeing anything rarer there.))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:41 pm

You heard a soft knock on the door to the room during your shower and the Chief's youngest apprentice that called in. "Excuse me Sir...it is just me Thomas. I will just leave a clean shirt on the chair here and not disturb you further." Then it sounded like the young hedge wizard left again.

He peeked his head out to see if it was Thomas, warily, hair dripping and most everything but his eyes and stray hair plastered to his face covered by the shower curtain. "Thank you," as he deposited the shirt, not quite looking straight at him but rather somewhere off to one side. "What should I do with the dirty clothing?" he asked. "There never seems to be enough time for laundry when there's an apocalypse brewing." When he was gone and he was done, he stepped out and pulled the clean shirt over his head and put all his equipment back, making sure everything was there and in its right place. The soiled clothing he piled together and put in a trash bag or similar, if there was one under the sink, along with any hair left in the drain. Once satisfied he'd left nothing behind, his next stop was to deal with the clothing and find food, and hopefully his appetite, in the caf.

// If I could limit myself, that would likely be true lol. I quickly fall into the trap of wanting them all, and also, finding the ones with the art that I like best xD
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:24 am

"No not all are, and if I where a Technocrat my fate in Tradition hands would probably be far better than vice versa but the Traditions are not kind to captured Fallen kid...let us just say I would have preferred it if the Union had got me."
Siege muttered bitterly.

"That's a pretty strong statement considering all the things you've said about the Technocracy." Serge said surprised. "What do you think the traditions do to captured fallen? I can't imagine it being worst than the Technocracy. Although I can't say that I'm all too experienced in that particular topic."

"An Orphan perhaps or an unaffiliated hedge wizard but the Traditions...they are enemies now Serge and just like you have rules against helping me so do we, at least to some degree, and no nothing stops me from helping a sleeper and I do every now and again but when you have seen...enough...done enough of the things life in the Nephandi demand of you...such actions become more and more alien."

"Well its nice to know that you'll still consider helping other people even if its not your enemies." Serge said with a smile. "But just cause we're enemies doesn't mean we can't help each other. I made and brought you food. Sure their are certain lines we can't cross but theirs no wrong in a little favor every now and then."

"The last I heard he had taken a new student and moved to a small Collage Chantry to teach her and now I never went to see him after I Fell, I would not want to put him in the position of having to either break the protocols and let me go or try to capture or kill me, just did not seam fair to force that choice on him."
The prisoner said and sigh.

"Perhaps that would be for the best." Serge said. "But if you could meet your mentor again. Without making him worry about having to capture or kill you. Would you take that opportunity? Perhaps to tell him that your sorry for causing him pain?"

"Yes you got it right...I was a Chorister The Order of St. Michael to be exact."
The prisoner said he seamed a bit anoyed that you had guessed his Tradition and drew a deep breath.
"And you are Cult of Ecstasy I assume from the ring you are wearing? I assume then that the guard dog you have with you here are your Mentor?"
He asked and nodded towards Ryan.

"Yeah. The good old cult of Ecstasy. Quite a...unique experience. Definitely different from the Celestial Chorus. " Serge said holding up his ring. "And you could say he's a close friend of mine." Serge said simply, not wanting to reveal too much important information about himself or of the others.

"You are quite concerned with movies are you not kid?"
Siege asked sounding amused.

"Not just movies but all types of media..." Serge said as he reminisced about his childhood. "Cartoons, TV shows, movies, books. Those are my whole life. Real life was so boring for me. I preferred seeing the zany adventures of eccentric characters or the gallant protagonist defy the odds and save the world. They were the gas that fueled my imagination. That's why I always compare real life to stuff like that....it helps make reality more fun."

"I asked her out for coffee, she was beautiful, mysterious and addicting so yes we did start dating."

"What did you guys talk about?" Serge asked. "Did you guys start off with your hobbies or did you go right into talking about Entropic Ascension?"
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:20 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "I do what I can. As proof..."
He carefully held up Jodelle's dagger, "Jodelle entrusted me with this - told me its secret - so I would not be eaten by her children. She would not have done so had she not felt grateful for how she was treated."

Anna looked at the dagger and nodded.
"No she would not have entrusted you with it if she had not been grateful, and she would not have broken so easily under torture."
She muttered then she smiles and put a hand on yours.
"It is better I think not to torture prisoners..."
She said softly.

He grinned sheepishly, "And centuries from now, when she goes off to become a Postulant, she'll still be beautiful, too..."

"That is kind of romantic Mentor..."
Anna said and smiled.

He nodded slowly, sighing.

Anna looked at you wide eyed saying nothing just softly sobbing and seaming to be very sad.

He nodded, "Everyone should have at least someone who doesn't hate them there at the end..."

"Yeah...everyone deserves that much at least..."

He nodded, gently patting her head, "I know it is..."

Anna sat there next to you with her covers over her head sobbing for some time before she slowly calmed down again.

He smiled, "Ah, yes, the Jade Demon. We've met... a very strictly honourable man, it seems; he was there for the assault on the Labyrinth, in fact. It seems Abigail's actions had finally irritated him enough. Had he and I not been formally enemies, I might have enjoyed conversing with the man about a variety of topics, but as it is... well, I should prefer not to be put on trial for breaking that particular protocol, so I will obviously stay away from his household."

"He is against what Abigail and Lisa Larson is doing, the Jade Demon calls himself an observer he to want the world to be unmade but he thinks that if one just sit back and observe then that will happen in it's own time, that reality do not need any help with it."
Anna said and nodded.
"I have never met him though only heard about him but I have met member of his Household."

He grinned broadly, "Yes, and griffins and pegasi, and all sorts of magical beasts..."
He pondered, "But then, that would probably present its own kind of dangers... Hum, I believe there is a movie about magical beasts and where to find them coming out this winter... I think we shall have to try to catch that one in the theater."

"That do sound like a fun movie Mentor and I think the world would be more interesting if there was more magick in it even if it was dangerous, it is dangerous now, one can get shot."
She said sarcastically and grinned at you.

He grinned, "He is tough for a Hermetic... sorry, bit of an in-joke with the Tallweller brothers here. But yes, concerns for his health are well placed, however good he is at bouncing back to shape quickly... He is young still, and that's an asset I'm beginning to envy him already..."

Adjan smiled a little at that.
"I see, well so he is, as for his youth well there is magick to regain that is it is something you truly want Colin. But I do hope Adley gets himself some rest and a decent meal."

He nodded, "The serum... is perhaps best suited as a reserve solution in case a member goes into a Quiet, or a similar situation with someone who perhaps shouldn't be physically restrained comes up... but not as the first choice of containment. It shouldn't be used as anything more than a once in a blue moon emergency fallback... and yes, we can hope all the prisoners, from both Chicago and Boston, can be overnighted to Horizon."

"You are right about the serum, it should be used only for emergencies."
Philippa agreed.
"As for the prisoners I know there are some arrangements that are made for a ship with escort, the Chief have been in contact with the Admiral about it, not the woman's official title off course but she is commander of the Sons of Ether Umbral fleet so it seams an oddly appropriate nickname."

He grinned, "With a good book and a pack of imported butter, apparently. It sounds ridiculous, but it could work... I suspect the Handler doesn't know the full extent of Larson's crimes, so that could be an argument to drive a wedge between them. Ah, the Handler is a Nephandus whose mind and soul has been grafted to the polyp's brain... I don't know how that grafting is done, nor do I want to know how, but without the Handler, the creature will stop taking commands and follow its own limited mind instead..."

"A book and butter...well I guess different bribes for different folks eh...and a Nephadus grated to one of the polyps that sounds remarkably unpleasant no I do not think I would want to know how that works either. Hum...I assume a Umbral creature like those ships would just want to return to the deepest darkest parts of the spirit world where they belong."
"Well if anyone could talk this Handler into not being a problem it is you or so I hear Mr Wainwright."

(OOC: I love Talrand Sky Summoner I use him in one of my decks, drake production in progress. Perhaps the decks would be worth it. I usually do not harvest the freebie bin either, but a few members of the group do not have much expendable money and then one take what one can get.)

Adley:

He peeked his head out to see if it was Thomas, warily, hair dripping and most everything but his eyes and stray hair plastered to his face covered by the shower curtain. "Thank you," as he deposited the shirt, not quite looking straight at him but rather somewhere off to one side.

Thomas stood there carefully putting the fresh shirt on the chair, he had the same sad, lost look in his eyes that he always did he gave you a nod when you spoke to him.

"What should I do with the dirty clothing?" he asked.

"If there is nothing of your own blood and sweat on them then we can wash them Sir just put them in the washing basket and I will bring them to the wash room. Master Arden have cooked up something that is great to get blood out of clothing. If it is your own blood and sweat on them I would not trust anyone else with it though and I would burn it."
The young man said softly.

"There never seems to be enough time for laundry when there's an apocalypse brewing."

"Well I am not going to be fighting so I can do the washing anyway Sir."
Thomas said never smiling of the joke.

When he was gone and he was done, he stepped out and pulled the clean shirt over his head and put all his equipment back, making sure everything was there and in its right place. The soiled clothing he piled together and put in a trash bag or similar, if there was one under the sink, along with any hair left in the drain. Once satisfied he'd left nothing behind, his next stop was to deal with the clothing and find food, and hopefully his appetite, in the caf.

You got done in the shower and got your clothes gathered together in a bag, the room where you had burned papers in the fireplace earlier where probably going to work for burning these clothes as well. You did find some plastic bags under the sink.

(OOC: Yeah there are allot of nice art of the cards.)

Serge:

"That's a pretty strong statement considering all the things you've said about the Technocracy." Serge said surprised. "What do you think the traditions do to captured fallen? I can't imagine it being worst than the Technocracy. Although I can't say that I'm all too experienced in that particular topic."

The captured Nephandus gave a bitter laugh.
"No I suppose you would not know to much about that kid, your Mentor would not want to you have nightmares. You like your Magick right? Your Avatar? Can you imagine what it would do to you if your Avatar was ripped out of your soul and shattered while you where still alive? That is what the Traditions do to captured Fallen...the Union might do it to a prisoner they don't think it is as serious as it is as they do not believe in reincarnation but with the Traditions it is a given, no torture could be worse!"
He said and he started shivering as if cold.
"I...it is not a good topic to discuss..."
He muttered softly and looked away.

"Well its nice to know that you'll still consider helping other people even if its not your enemies." Serge said with a smile. "But just cause we're enemies doesn't mean we can't help each other. I made and brought you food. Sure their are certain lines we can't cross but theirs no wrong in a little favor every now and then."

"Food I can't eat because I am tied up but yes, you can show kindness to a prisoner nothing prevents you from doing that, you can try to make a prisoner's last few days a little more comfortable or try to alleviate pain and discomfort, however your own faction have laws against helping a Nephandus or a Technocrat out in the field. Conspire not with the enemies of the Asencion, it is one of the Protocols you really should know them, do not do favors for members of other factions or you will be the one who is locked up awaiting trial."
Siege warned.

"Perhaps that would be for the best." Serge said. "But if you could meet your mentor again. Without making him worry about having to capture or kill you. Would you take that opportunity? Perhaps to tell him that your sorry for causing him pain?"

"Yeah it is for the best."
The prisoner muttered then he nodded.
"I am hoping that he would perhaps show up for my trial if he hears about it and I will get to say I am sorry. I hope he leaves before the end of it though there is no need for him to see...that...part."

"Yeah. The good old cult of Ecstasy. Quite a...unique experience. Definitely different from the Celestial Chorus. " Serge said holding up his ring. "And you could say he's a close friend of mine." Serge said simply, not wanting to reveal to much important information about himself or of the others.

"A close friend very well."
Siege said and raised and eyebrow.
"I guess we are different from the Cultists then again many Choristers base themselves around prayer and religious actions to bring us into a different state of mind, and many Cultists have a religious view to their trances there are similarities."
He said and nodded.

"Not just movies but all types of media..." Serge said as he reminisced about his childhood. "Cartoons, TV shows, movies, books. Those are my whole life. Real life was so boring for me. I preferred seeing the zany adventures of eccentric characters or the gallant protagonist defy the odds and save the world. They were the gas that fueled my imagination. That's why I always compare real life to stuff like that....it helps make reality more fun."

"No offense kid but you would make for a excellent Marauder...but I guess we all have our little peculiarities no don't we. I would say though that real life, even for a mage is very seldom as exiting as what you see on TV or read in a book."

"What did you guys talk about?" Serge asked. "Did you guys start off with your hobbies or did you go right into talking about Entropic Ascension?"

"Jodi is one of the best Nephandi recruiters no I did not know she was a Nephandus before quite some time had gone by, what exactly we talked about I don't know I was a man out with a woman far out of my league and I was trying to charm her, that was pretty much it."
The prisoner said and raised an eyebrow at your question.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:36 am

"If there is nothing of your own blood and sweat on them then we can wash them Sir just put them in the washing basket and I will bring them to the wash room. Master Arden have cooked up something that is great to get blood out of clothing. If it is your own blood and sweat on them I would not trust anyone else with it though and I would burn it."

"Hm, I'll burn it then." Not his blood, but others that were from their group. And a bucket of sweat, at least.

"Well I am not going to be fighting so I can do the washing anyway Sir." Thomas said never smiling of the joke.

"I'm sure it's appreciated; I know I will appreciate simple things like clean socks and a meal a lot more in the coming days."

He felt better, least cleaner, by the time he got out. He sighed with relief and got into the new clothing. He bundled everything that was going to be burnt up and took it to the fireplace room to take care of it, barring any interruptions. Any notes that needed to be pared down from earlier were used for kindling. He set the fire up, using one of the pokers to keep it steady until he was done and then banked it. He held onto each thing he was doing like handholds on a ladder, staving off the inevitable collapse as best he could until he was allowed the chance to rest. The surreal feeling of being out of the Labyrinth was fading a touch only to be surplanted by the sensation that he'd been at Morningstar longer than he'd been back at Steelhaven. Next stop was something to eat in the caf. Food was a good idea, he needed to eat...he remembered sitting with his sodales, before they left. He hoped that Crexia's team would get back soon, safely.

// just moving the scene along, unless something happens - if so, can adjust. This week is bound to be a bit crazy - I'm wrapping up at my current place of employment and need to download a massive amount of information into the person who is taking over for me. Wish us luck!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:42 am

The captured Nephandus gave a bitter laugh.
"No I suppose you would not know to much about that kid, your Mentor would not want to you have nightmares. You like your Magick right? Your Avatar? Can you imagine what it would do to you if your Avatar was ripped out of your soul and shattered while you where still alive? That is what the Traditions do to captured Fallen...the Union might do it to a prisoner they don't think it is as serious as it is as they do not believe in reincarnation but with the Traditions it is a given, no torture could be worse!"
He said and he started shivering as if cold.
"I...it is not a good topic to discuss..."
He muttered softly and looked away.

Serge was quiet as Siege explained what he believed happened to captured Fallen, not sure how to feel about the response. He shivered alongside Siege as he tried to imagine what ripping someone's avatar would feel like. At the mentions of shattered Avatars, Serge snapped back into reality and remembered what Siege had been doing prior to his capture. Serge feigned innocent curiosity and asked, "What happens to an Avatar when it gets shattered? Does it disappear forever? Or does it break into little pieces? Fragments? Shards...?"

"Food I can't eat because I am tied up but yes, you can show kindness to a prisoner nothing prevents you from doing that, you can try to make a prisoner's last few days a little more comfortable or try to alleviate pain and discomfort, however your own faction have laws against helping a Nephandus or a Technocrat out in the field. Conspire not with the enemies of the Asencion, it is one of the Protocols you really should know them, do not do favors for members of other factions or you will be the one who is locked up awaiting trial."
Siege warned.

"Like you said, lines I can't cross." Serge said with a shrug of a shoulder. "Would you do the same for a prisoner under your control? You know, show them kindness? Or is that not how the Nephandi work?"

"Yeah it is for the best."
The prisoner muttered then he nodded.
"I am hoping that he would perhaps show up for my trial if he hears about it and I will get to say I am sorry. I hope he leaves before the end of it though there is no need for him to see...that...part."

"You sure a simple sorry is enough?" Serge asked. "This is the man who brought you into this world and showed you its true nature and your just going to say sorry? Anyone can say their sorry regardless of how they truly feel. Actions speak louder than words. If the opportunity arose could you show your mentor that you are truly sorry?"

"Jodi is one of the best Nephandi recruiters no I did not know she was a Nephandus before quite some time had gone by, what exactly we talked about I don't know I was a man out with a woman far out of my league and I was trying to charm her, that was pretty much it."
The prisoner said and raised an eyebrow at your question.

"Never had much experience with young love. I was too much of an anti-social shut in myself. Tell me....how did she break the news to you?" Serge asked. "Did she do it subtly or did she take you on a glorious expedition through the labyrinth and revealed it all at once."
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:45 am

Adley:

"Hm, I'll burn it then." Not his blood, but others that were from their group. And a bucket of sweat, at least.

"Very well Sir I think you should be able to burn them in one of the larger fireplaces."
Thomas said politely.

"I'm sure it's appreciated; I know I will appreciate simple things like clean socks and a meal a lot more in the coming days."

"Thank you Sir...my Mentor takes care of me and I do what I can to help, even if it is not much."
Thomas said sadly he glanced up at you for a moment.

He felt better, least cleaner, by the time he got out. He sighed with relief and got into the new clothing. He bundled everything that was going to be burnt up and took it to the fireplace room to take care of it, barring any interruptions. Any notes that needed to be pared down from earlier were used for kindling. He set the fire up, using one of the pokers to keep it steady until he was done and then banked it. He held onto each thing he was doing like handholds on a ladder, staving off the inevitable collapse as best he could until he was allowed the chance to rest. The surreal feeling of being out of the Labyrinth was fading a touch only to be surplanted by the sensation that he'd been at Morningstar longer than he'd been back at Steelhaven. Next stop was something to eat in the caf. Food was a good idea, he needed to eat...he remembered sitting with his sodales, before they left. He hoped that Crexia's team would get back soon, safely.

You had to open the window for the smell of burning cotton and polyester was not the best but you got the clothes, hair and notes burned to ash that would be useless as an arcane connection to you or anyone else. Once done you went down to the cafeteria, it was rather full of exhausted mages. Mirri came over to you once you where down there and had found a table, she sat a plate of scrabbled eggs, bacon and potatoes before you as well as a large glass of freshly pressed fruit juice.
"Here young man, you look like you need a hearty meal."
She said kindly.
"Is there anything else that you need?"
She asked. As she did so you saw Crexia and the rest who had stayed behind come into the cafeteria. Crexia helped Udella down on a chair she looked even worse than you but every member of the clean up team looked rather rough, but they where alive and seamed to be fine other than being exhausted.

(OOC: Good luck with preparing your replacement.)

Serge:

Serge was quiet as Siege explained what he believed happened to captured Fallen, not sure how to feel about the response. He shivered alongside Siege as he tried to imagine what ripping someone's avatar would feel like. At the mentions of shattered Avatars, Serge snapped back into reality and remembered what Siege had been doing prior to his capture. Serge feigned innocent curiosity and asked, "What happens to an Avatar when it gets shattered? Does it disappear forever? Or does it break into little pieces? Fragments? Shards...?"

The prisoner looked up stark fear in his eyes.
"And Avatar shatters like a fine crystal glass and while there are shards left they can enver be put back together. Gilgul destroyes a mage's ability to work magick...forever..."
He said flatly.
"But this is not really what I want to talk about right now you know."
He muttered his eyes wide and he was clearly struggling to control his panic.

"Like you said, lines I can't cross." Serge said with a shrug of a shoulder. "And while my faction may have laws against helping their enemies that certainly doesn't stop them from returning favors."

"Not with Nephandi...the law is rather strict there."
Siege said, Ryan hunched down beside the prisoner and held the cup of coffee for him, the Nephandus hesitated but took a sip.
"Thank you."
He muttered.

"You sure a simple sorry is enough?" Serge asked. "This is the man who brought you into this world and showed you its true nature and your just going to say sorry? Anyone can say their sorry regardless of how they truly feel. Actions speak louder than words. If the opportunity arose could you show your mentor that you are truly sorry?"

"It probably is not enough but I have little else to offer, I am a prisoner of the Traditions I will be put on trial and...that will be it. I have nothing else than a few words."
Siege said bitterly.

"Never had much experience with young love. I was too much of an anti-social shut in myself. Tell me....how did she break the news to you?" Serge asked. "Did she do it subtly or did she take you on a glorious expedition through the labyrinth and revealed it all at once."

"Nothing like that, once I truly loved her and knew I could never turn her in to the Traditions she told me what she was, then slowly over time we talked and she revealed what she believed in and eventually it started to make sense, only when I was ready to step into the Caul did she show me the Labyrinth."
Siege said and smiled a little.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:04 am

Anna looked at the dagger and nodded.
"No she would not have entrusted you with it if she had not been grateful, and she would not have broken so easily under torture."
She muttered then she smiles and put a hand on yours.
"It is better I think not to torture prisoners..."
She said softly.
Colin nodded, "The information gained from torture is unreliable at best anyway... so it's really unnecessary cruelty, as well."

"That is kind of romantic Mentor..."
Anna said and smiled.
He smiled sheepishly, "I'm an old softie, I suppose..."

"He is against what Abigail and Lisa Larson is doing, the Jade Demon calls himself an observer he to want the world to be unmade but he thinks that if one just sit back and observe then that will happen in it's own time, that reality do not need any help with it."
Anna said and nodded.
"I have never met him though only heard about him but I have met member of his Household."
He nodded, "That's the sort of Nephandus I could appreciate having around, at least... One who doesn't try to speed things along, but let events unfold as they do."

"That do sound like a fun movie Mentor and I think the world would be more interesting if there was more magick in it even if it was dangerous, it is dangerous now, one can get shot."
She said sarcastically and grinned at you.
He nodded, "Of course, getting shot has been a risk since the sling was invented, though firearms are certainly more efficient at the job..."

Adjan smiled a little at that.
"I see, well so he is, as for his youth well there is magick to regain that is it is something you truly want Colin. But I do hope Adley gets himself some rest and a decent meal."
He grinned, "If I so have to feed him like a goose..."

"You are right about the serum, it should be used only for emergencies."
Philippa agreed.
"As for the prisoners I know there are some arrangements that are made for a ship with escort, the Chief have been in contact with the Admiral about it, not the woman's official title off course but she is commander of the Sons of Ether Umbral fleet so it seams an oddly appropriate nickname."
He nodded, "And soon, she'll be the Prima of the Children of Ether, too. She'll do good... I like what I've heard, and her flagship is glorious. Well, will be glorious, it seems she's not done yet... Time gets a little confusing at times."

"A book and butter...well I guess different bribes for different folks eh...and a Nephadus grated to one of the polyps that sounds remarkably unpleasant no I do not think I would want to know how that works either. Hum...I assume a Umbral creature like those ships would just want to return to the deepest darkest parts of the spirit world where they belong."
"Well if anyone could talk this Handler into not being a problem it is you or so I hear Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, frowning, "Yes, if the Handler is... dead... the polyp will forget about its shields and head home to the Deep Umbra... it's reaching the Handler that's the biggest challenge..."
He shook his head, "But yes, I seem to have acquired a reputation for being silver-tongued. That has served us well this past week; let us hope it stays the course."

((OOC: I've hated Talrand for some time - mostly since I haven't had him, myself, up until now, but I'm thinking of assembling a pure blue counterspell deck with Talrand to assemble an army of drakes. Razz ))

((OOC2: Good luck, S7trif3, and remember, implanting information via the enema method may be tempting if the trainee seems unreasonably slow to learn, but it's an HR nightmare. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:31 pm

Colin nodded, "The information gained from torture is unreliable at best anyway... so it's really unnecessary cruelty, as well."

"Yeah often the information my first Mentor got was just plain wrong, as if his victims just said whatever they thought he wanted to hear not necessarily the truth."
Anna muttered then she looked down.
"Well Gabriel did not always torture prisoners for information he did it because he enjoyed causing pain as well."
She said and shivered.

He smiled sheepishly, "I'm an old softie, I suppose..."

Anna grinned at that and then giggled.

He nodded, "That's the sort of Nephandus I could appreciate having around, at least... One who doesn't try to speed things along, but let events unfold as they do."

The little girl nodded.
"I guess that would cause less friction with the other factions at least."
She commented.

He nodded, "Of course, getting shot has been a risk since the sling was invented, though firearms are certainly more efficient at the job..."

"Yeah I guess so, well magickal creatures would be more fun."
Anna said.

He grinned, "If I so have to feed him like a goose..."

Adjan grinned a little at that.
"Now that is a mental image."

He nodded, "And soon, she'll be the Prima of the Children of Ether, too. She'll do good... I like what I've heard, and her flagship is glorious. Well, will be glorious, it seems she's not done yet... Time gets a little confusing at times."

"The Children of Ether now that is a better name for them...more of your future visions then Mr Wainwright? Yes I do think the young Lady would make a wonderful Prima."
Philippa said and smiled.

He nodded, frowning, "Yes, if the Handler is... dead... the polyp will forget about its shields and head home to the Deep Umbra... it's reaching the Handler that's the biggest challenge..."

"Hum...so your plan is then to kill the Labyrinth's Handler and hope that will make the creature leave for the Umbra taking Lisa Larson and her gang with it?"
The old Verbena asked.
"There could be some complications with that."

He shook his head, "But yes, I seem to have acquired a reputation for being silver-tongued. That has served us well this past week; let us hope it stays the course."

"Yes it have been quite useful and quite impressive young man."
She said with a warm smile.

(OOC: I have Talrand in one of my counter everything decks, basically Howling Mines to get enough cards in my hands, Elexirs of Immortality to get my graveyard back into my library some cheap dragons and Talrand.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:17 pm

"Yeah often the information my first Mentor got was just plain wrong, as if his victims just said whatever they thought he wanted to hear not necessarily the truth."
Anna muttered then she looked down.
"Well Gabriel did not always torture prisoners for information he did it because he enjoyed causing pain as well."
She said and shivered.
Colin frowned, "Things would have been better had he collected stamps for a hobby instead, don't you think?"

The little girl nodded.
"I guess that would cause less friction with the other factions at least."
She commented.
He nodded, "It would have been nice if the Technocrats did the same, too, but that's unfortunately hardly a likely scenario, is it?"

"Yeah I guess so, well magickal creatures would be more fun."
Anna said.
He nodded, "Well, there are always spirits; those are nicely magical. And I guess once we move to Horizon, getting a few magical creatures in the neighbourhood would be easier. Then there's Jareth, a quite friendly owl who's taken a liking to me; he's in Boston, too."

Adjan grinned a little at that.
"Now that is a mental image."
He nodded, "It gets better - how do you think the Chief would react to hearing of such an action?"

"The Children of Ether now that is a better name for them...more of your future visions then Mr Wainwright? Yes I do think the young Lady would make a wonderful Prima."
Philippa said and smiled.
He nodded, "I don't know when she will take the Seat, but it seems to be soon - possibly as soon as before Christmas, following an attack on Horizon, but fairly certainly within five years... and I'm inclined to believe it will be closer to now than five years. And yes, what details I have about the possible attack is already in the pipeline; I don't know who will attack, but I know enough that it can help soften the impact... save lives by evacuating the anticipated approach vector..."

"Hum...so your plan is then to kill the Labyrinth's Handler and hope that will make the creature leave for the Umbra taking Lisa Larson and her gang with it?"
The old Verbena asked.
"There could be some complications with that."
He shrugged, "My plan, such as it is, will be to gain access to the Handler and achieve a cordial tone at first. I think it would be preferable to convince her that being aligned with Larson is an unwise course of action; killing her would be less... well, as you said, there would be further complications with that, and additionally, that might allow Larson to escape justice... can't have that."
He scratched the back of his neck, "No, I think my best bet is to parlay with the Handler, see if I can get her to evict everyone on board and leave the area altogether. Capturing her would certainly be... legally preferable, but I would be at such a tactical disadvantage, any attempt on the Handler herself would be almost certain death. As it is said, some men don't consider a nonviolent approach before the hornet lands on their testicles... I'd prefer to persuade the hornet to leave me be before it lands, really..."

"Yes it have been quite useful and quite impressive young man."
She said with a warm smile.
He nodded thoughtfully, "I managed to give a poor, abused spirit a new Name... I don't know how rare a feat that is, but... despite not so much as a fragment of power in that realm, I managed to break a spirit free of Abigail's hold, and turned it away from the path of slaughter she had set him on, and back to a form of preservation... he was a sword spirit once, I think, and now he's a scribe, a chronicler, carving tales in stone and metal..."

((OOC: Yeah, those decks *are* basically why I've hated Talrand. Wink Also, I *love* Elixirs of Immortality - I try to keep at least a pair of them in every deck, just in case of milling. And perhaps Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre, too. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:59 pm

Colin frowned, "Things would have been better had he collected stamps for a hobby instead, don't you think?"

"It would be far less disturbing Mentor."
Anna said and sigh.
"I did not enjoy watching...what he did."
She muttered and looked away.

He nodded, "It would have been nice if the Technocrats did the same, too, but that's unfortunately hardly a likely scenario, is it?"

"I don't like Technocrats Mentor they are all poop!"
Anna declared.

He nodded, "Well, there are always spirits; those are nicely magical. And I guess once we move to Horizon, getting a few magical creatures in the neighbourhood would be easier. Then there's Jareth, a quite friendly owl who's taken a liking to me; he's in Boston, too."

"I like spirits they are fun to be with..."
Anna agreed then she raised an eyebrow.
"Are we moving to Horizon Mentor? Is it a nice place...you have a pet owl? They are adorable, are he magickal?"
She asked.

He nodded, "It gets better - how do you think the Chief would react to hearing of such an action?"

Adjan grinned.
"Well I think that would end up a rather heated situation rather quickly."
He said sounding amused.

He nodded, "I don't know when she will take the Seat, but it seems to be soon - possibly as soon as before Christmas, following an attack on Horizon, but fairly certainly within five years... and I'm inclined to believe it will be closer to now than five years.

"So soon...hum...there is always quite a bit of a fuss when a new Primus comes into power, but I have noticed Dr Spence looking more and more tired lately."
"I would not be surprised if he where to step down."

And yes, what details I have about the possible attack is already in the pipeline; I don't know who will attack, but I know enough that it can help soften the impact... save lives by evacuating the anticipated approach vector..."

"I have heard some whispers about that yes, a most troubling situation. So you think this attack is connected to the troubles we are seeing right now Mr Wainwright."
The old Verbena said and frowned.

He shrugged, "My plan, such as it is, will be to gain access to the Handler and achieve a cordial tone at first. I think it would be preferable to convince her that being aligned with Larson is an unwise course of action; killing her would be less... well, as you said, there would be further complications with that, and additionally, that might allow Larson to escape justice... can't have that."

"How on earth will you be able to establish to cordial tone with an ancient Nephandus bound to a polyp? Well I do hope your plan works Mr Wainwright for as you say we can not allow Lisa Larson to escape justice and being taken into the deep umbra by her Labyrinth against her will, that is not likely to kill her either."

He scratched the back of his neck, "No, I think my best bet is to parlay with the Handler, see if I can get her to evict everyone on board and leave the area altogether. Capturing her would certainly be... legally preferable, but I would be at such a tactical disadvantage, any attempt on the Handler herself would be almost certain death. As it is said, some men don't consider a nonviolent approach before the hornet lands on their testicles... I'd prefer to persuade the hornet to leave me be before it lands, really..."

"Well said, a somewhat disturbing mental image but well said."
Philippa said sounding amused.
"Can the Handler evict someone from her ship? Hum...yes you are probably right the Handler is likely to be a powerful mage and he or she will have the powers of the ship itself at their fingertips as well it is not likely someone you would want to pick a fight with."

He nodded thoughtfully, "I managed to give a poor, abused spirit a new Name... I don't know how rare a feat that is, but... despite not so much as a fragment of power in that realm, I managed to break a spirit free of Abigail's hold, and turned it away from the path of slaughter she had set him on, and back to a form of preservation... he was a sword spirit once, I think, and now he's a scribe, a chronicler, carving tales in stone and metal..."

Philippa nodded.
"It is not a to common thing and it is a good deed you did Mr Wainwright, far to many treat Umbroods as nothing but tools. I hope this spirit can have a good life now, with his new life and his new purpose."

(OOC: Yeah basically the deck is based on the opponent not getting to do anything and me getting drakes, it gets frustrating. It is called Howling Nope due to the Howling Mines. I mostly use my new counterspell deck Nope in the Ice now though, now with more frustration. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top