Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau

Post by s7trif3 on Sun May 24, 2015 9:16 am

Player Name: Strife
<note: using M20 rules with OoH Tradbook/Rev OoH Tradbook- if something pops up that's in conflict, let me know!>

Nature: Visionary
Demeanor:: Traditionalist Protector (after Seeking)
Essence: Dynamic
Affiliation: Traditions
Sect: Order of Hermes, bani Flambeau
Word: Sraosha (messenger and embodiment of the Word)
Concept: Defender of the Flame
Vector: (mundane guise): community college professor at Boston University, (languages & linguistics, Adjunct Faculty)

Birth Name: Brian Cassidy Tuller
Shadow Name:  Adley Roth Hicks, Initiate Exemptus, bani Flambeau, filius Jeffry Amaris Morgan<note: this is the name he uses when around other mages, for most informal situations, Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau tends to suffice>
Craft Name: Adley Brian Roth Cassidy Hicks Tuller, bani Flambeau, filius Jeffry Amaris Morgan, Protector of the world in motion, Everlasting light in the Darkness.
True Name: Adley Brian Roth Cassidy Hicks Tuller, bani Flambeau, filius Jeffry Amaris Morgan, Protector of the world in motion, Everlasting light in the Darkness; In Caligine Abditus, Orob Epsin Torumyus Sen Ta. <note: this is not something that is known by other players - only his Mentor and himself>

Faceclaim: Justin Bartha
Appearance: 5,10", 165lb, blue eyes, shaggy auburn/brown hair. He is average weight/height, usually sports some facial hair and wears causal, modern clothing clothing most of the time. At school he will wear a jacket and carry a soft briefcase overstuffed with notes. There's an assessing look to him on most occasions, as if he's testing the air around him to see if it is ready to combust.<note: not -quite- as good looking as his faceclaim but overall similarities).

DOB: August 9, 1987

Personality: Adley seems like a polite and reserved fellow, somewhat aloof. To most Sleepers, he seems like any number of professors but his students know better. There is something searching behind those blue eyes that are looking for something deeply important to him. Every student is a possibility, and laziness and bullshit are traits the order have not only curtailed but actively stamped out. He has a reputation for being the 'tough love' teacher, who will at least try to give extra time to students that truly genuinely want to learn but struggle with the material. The flipside is he has absolutely no patience for those that skate through, unchallenged, who give him attitude and disrupt other people learning, or simply don't care about the subject. Some of his finals were called 'utter brutality in language form.' He takes pride in knowing that the students that do pass know the languages they signed up for with reasonable facility.

Within the mage community, Adley continues to present himself as aloof, polite and adherent to protocols and order. In general, he is well behaved and careful of his words. He doesn't often wear his emotions openly and prefers to keep them in check when he can (though this isn't always possible). He does however feel very deeply; his emotions are part of his intense private life that he believes is important to walking the right path. He is of House Flambeau, however and so he can have a temper with brute stupidity and acts of cowardice that put others at unnecessary risk. He will risk himself for a worthy cause, even going where other angels fear to tread. Challenges are a way of life for the Flambeau after all. Unlike many of the Flambeau sect, however, he is a thinker and a planner, a strategist, not simply a berserker rushing into battle. He is sure of himself; there may be some that could interpret this as sheer arrogance, especially given those that do not understand the Hermetic path. He does not enjoy politics but it is meat and potatoes of both the Order and much of mage life. To that end, he is careful to keep his promises and favours owed and to make attempts to pay them back in full as if there were an invisible ledger in his mind of all his debts.

History:: Adley (born Brian) is one of three Tuller children and the youngest, with an older brother and sister, born to Ronald Tuller and Sylvia May. Born on the upper east side of Providence, Rhode Island's Blackstone neighborhood, he attended public school along with his siblings who were 2 and 3 grades ahead of him. They carved a path of reputation that set the tone of sibling rivalry. Where his brother Garrett was good in sports and Janice gifted in science, Brian picked different niches to fit himself in and flourish which turned out to be English writing and foreign language. Of course, it wasn't until his later schooling that he found his love of languages other than English. His school was not the best school in Providence but he muddled through and absorbed as much as he could, learning how the politics of the schoolyard which would later translate to adult life. As he went from his elementary schooling up to high school, he attended a more prestigious academy that allowed him to focus on languages (Latin) and history. Later, he entered Boston University to study linguistics with a joint major and Philosophy (learning Ancient Greek and Persian) adding courses from the Classical Studies Department and pursuing his Masters degree, he narrowed his focus further to sociolinguistics.

His facility with languages was unusual and gained the notice of not only his professors, but the Order. With eyes in the colleges, talent was something that could not be ignored. He was soon referred for extra learning - at first, the incredible amount of work in addition to his courseload nearly broke him. Gaining no sympathy and given access to resources that he had never known existed, he knew that he had to work harder to keep himself from slipping. And so Brian began with small steps towards becoming a full fledged member of the order, the door widening in steps as he strove to attain them, a 'Do I Dare' sensibility being nurtured within him. Though Brian didn't know it, he was being tested by the Order for strength of character, for acuity and potential.

The stepwise progression took a sharp turn when he began to tie words into actions. Before, his understanding of the power and nature of words and language had a functional purpose, to communicate ideas and thoughts between people. But now, as his understanding broadened of the power of words, combinations of them, sounds - they were the key to everything in the universe. Not merely a product of man's journey but a tool of society, to be wielded to produce results. Results that were frankly quite unimaginable - at first. His early hornbooks began to be overfilled with notes, skepticism, criticisms, surprises, and ultimately moments of insight and clarity. His purely secular knowledge was transformed into Will - knowledge was power, and as he slowly came to understand, it was possible to know a thing and yet not do anything with it. He did not want to know trivia. Empowerment of action became a fire that was stoked within him.

He took his PhD, pursing new angles, drawing the power together. Then, under his mentor's tutelage, he progressed at a satisfactory pace. Although it took 4 years for him to progress from Apprentice to Initiate, it was the first three years that were the most challenging. He learned history of the Order, precepts and tenants, an entirely new and guarded language Enochian, the basics of numerology, of alchemy, of cosmos and the history of the Awakened. He was nearly drowned in the Ars Hermeticae but he refused to be a wash out. Every morning he was forced awake at or before dawn and set a task of physical labor; after this he worked his mind, then practise. It seemed that for every hurtle leaped there were four more, and once some level of competence was achieved, it would be questioned, traded away. In return there were moments of brilliance shown, immense and glorious, a horizon without end, he was set to small tasks and missions to further the Order, from being a courier to talent-scouting, to actions against the Technocracy.  Finally, putting the difficulties of writing a thesis to shame, was the internal search for his Word: who was he within the order, and what was the intent of his soul? It was when he took the word Sraosha for himself that his intent stirred; he had become the Word.

During a mission to retrieve and recover an item of importance to the Order (he was not privy to exactly what it had been), he managed to save a handful of sleepers from unintended consequences of an out and out battle, earning him the later title of Protector upon his Initiation. Little did he realise that his former mission had been his Initiation test. It was gratifying to hear praise, as sparing as it was voiced and to receive his first Shadow name accolades. Shared between them, he saw the word writ of his True Name before it became fire and ash. This too was his future - at some point his body would be fire and ash. Yet he would burn brightly and eternally in living memory, spirit and actions. He was now a full fledged member of the Order of Hermes, of the House Flambeau. Adley decided that he would return to Boston University as his vector, his mundane guise. Knowing there would be much work to do for the order and the climate of new professorship at any school, he is, for the moment, satisfied with being an Adjunct professor, part-to-full time and guest lecturer on topics of his expertise. Having juggled the world of the Order and the Sleeper world, he knows that he must now build reputation and contacts in order to achieve his place.

Belongings: Adley's main possessions tend to be books (whether physical tomes or computer books) and language programs and materials. He carries a few charms around with him, kept from general prying eyes. He is not rich by any means, being a college professor and he owes debts of gratitude for schooling, his current position and tutelage. There are a few specific items that Adley uses that are not found at a boffin's house, however. These include a three-bladed club which he has dedicated to fighting evil and a 9mm pistol that he carries in time of battle.

Game Stats:
Attributes
Physical: <5>
Str: ooo
Dex: ooo
Sta: oo

Social: <3>
Cha: oo
Manip: oo
App: oo

Mental:<7>
Per: oooo (intuitive)
Int:ooo
Wits: ooo

Abilities:
Talents: <5> (Freebies: 2 pts spent - Athletics)
-Alertness: o
-Athletics: oo
-Awareness: o
-Brawl: o
-Expression: o

Skills: <9> (Freebies: 4 pts spent - Firearms & Melee)
-Craft: o
-Drive: o
-Etiquette: o
-Firearms: ooo
-Meditation: o
-Melee: ooo
-Research: o

Knowledge: <13> (Freebies: 4 pts spent - Academics & Ritual)
-Academics: oooo (Linguistics)
-Belief systems: o
-Cosmology: o
-Enigmas: oo
-Esoterica: o
-High Ritual: o
-Lore (OoH): o
-Lore (Nephandi): o*
-Lore (Tradition): o*
-Lore (Vampire): oo*
-Occult (Demonology/Celestialolgy): oo
-Politics (OoH): o
-Umbrood Protocols: o

Spheres:<6> (Freebies: 7 pts spent - Life)
Forces: ooo (affinity)
Life: o
Prime: oo
Spirit: oo
Correspondence: o (ouch)

Advantages:
Backgrounds: <7>
-Avatar: oooo (visage of the angel Ashi, brother to Sraosha)
-Mentor: oo Jeffry Morgan, Master bani Flambeau and Head of Security, Steelhaven Chantry
-Node: o (Chantry, with permission)
-Chantry: oo (free)
-Library: o (free)

Arete: ooo (in game seeking)
Willpower: oooooo (1 bought with Flaw point)

Quint: oo
Paradox:
Resonance:
-righteous (dynamic)

Merits/Flaws: (Freebies +5 Merits)
M-language - Enochian (OoH special)
M-language - Persian
M-language - Greek
M-language - Latin
M-language - Egyptian (Coptic)
F - Flaw - Echoes (1pt) - Adley has a very strong avatar. His resonance tends to mark his works and presence, such as vibrations with his chantings or other effects. This is linked to the amount of resonance he carries and what type it is, which can vary as he progresses.

Paradigm In-Depth: There is power in words. The labels and Names that we give them, that we construct, that have been constructed by others and fostered resonate through the ages. Words are not merely sounds - though sounds too hold their own importance. There is no separation - whether voiced aloud, or thought within the confines of the mind, we are always Naming what we see, whether we are aware of it or not, the word and the deed. Word, intent, power, and deed are all linked in the term Ritual. Words are one form of symbol, along with sacred geometries and numerologies that we flex to our Will, seeing them for the energy that they imbue. Take the word for fire; now, try to explain the nature of fire in all the ways that can be used to explain fire. All of this explanation is encapsulated within the Word. And some Words are stronger, more powerful than others for a variety of reasons. There are powerful hidden cues for societies in words that they have given themselves, that they keep to themselves, or that have been bestowed or forced upon them. There is a Japanese term for this: kotodama; there is also the Hebrew Kabbalah. One can manifest the hidden power of objects, people, places by knowing the Name and the right words and transcend, become the change. The fullness of these concepts can also describe the Consensus - people are told that they cannot do magick, they are told it outright and in the words they read, in their lives every day it is modeled. It's not a surprise to  me that banned book lists and prohibitive learning styles are an aspect of more controlling societies. We can also make our own words. New words are created and forgotten throughout history. Sounds that meant nothing can gain meaning. It is an aspect of our Will that we can reject and manifest our reality with our words, becoming change itself. So choose them wisely. And remember - silence is a choice by which one gives up their right to decide. Say nothing and you leave it to the hands of others. There are times for silence and times for speaking in every Ritual. Wisdom to know where to speak and what to say can only be honed by practice.

It is by my Will that I choose, speak, empower and craft each Word.

Goals/Destiny & Errata: Adley is still contemplating his place in the big picture. He has only just recently become a full member and is feeling his way through the opportunities and challenges innate within his Tradition. Because he is the Word Incarnate who battles demons and is an intermediary between that which is above and that which is below, Adley believes teaching and defending those that are innocent are important parts of his duty. Although Might makes Right, he has the Might and chooses to align himself with his concept of good and the tenets of the Order, an occasional source of conflict for him but also something that makes him unique within House Flambeau. This is the difference for him between Might Makes Right, which is the common way of the Order, especially his House, and The Ends Justify the Means. Discerning abuse of power and judgements is often left to House Questor and Words are the province of House Shaea but Adley's heart and soul are too full of fire to be anything but Flambeau in this lifetime (however it is important to note that Sraosha is associated with Obedience and is the being dedicated to guiding and judging the dead as they crossover along with Mitra and Rashnu). His Avatar takes the aspect of Ashi, sister to Sraosha; brave, his avatar spurns him onwards even in times of great fear or strife as she drives her chariot towards victory.

Focus
Tools:
-Wand (Sigil from initiation)
-True Names
-Books
-Invocations & Languages (sacred speech, mathra, callings)
-Writings, Inscriptions, sigils
-Treatments (body; ie, washing, anointment, etc)
-Vestments (ritual clothing) & talismans
-three-bladed club (Damage as spiked club [Str+2, L], Conceal as tomahawk [J]) - The three bladed war club that Adley carries is about the size of a small hatchet or tomahawk (smaller than a short mace) with a leather wrapped wooden shaft and three blades embedded into the striking end. It is balanced for striking with that end, but the other side can be used for bludgeoning instead of lethal damage (with a called strike). Adley uses this both for fighting and for ritual work and for battle magick as well. It has been carefully inscribed beneath the wrapping with Words and symbols of power and can be consecrated and imbued with Prime with the correct invocation/incantation.

Practices:
-High Ritual Magic

Rotes: - ~IP - See running list below

Notes:
-favors/debts owed:
*Mentor
*Chantry
*College ($$)

"Suffer not yourselves to be carried with the Great Stream, but stem the tide, you that can lay hold of the Haven of Safety, and make your full course toward it.  Seek one that may lead you by the hand, and conduct you to the door of Truth and Knowledge, where the clear Light that is pure from Darkness, where there is not one drunken, but all are sober, and in their heart look up to him, whose pleasure it is to be seen."
- Hermes Trismegistus, VIII 4-5

Last edited by s7trif3 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:21 pm; edited 28 times in total (Reason for editing : *update thread 17)
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun May 24, 2015 9:42 am

Ohh very nice. If you could write up a background for him and a bit more about his Paradigm and you will be ready to go. Very nice detailing with the names, Hermetics do that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun May 24, 2015 10:05 am

Yep! I'm not done yet, that's why I put IP on the top (in-progress). I've got to work on his History/Background, Paradigm and balance out his 15 bonus points and Merits/Flaws. But I'm glad you're liking him so far! I just needed a break and wanted to put up what I had finished so far, as the rest is more narrative. I will post a note when I'm done though.

Also, if you are planning on having everyone stay at the Chantry, do we need to use our background points to spend on Chantry, Node & Library if we want access to them? I was also going to add favours for whomever he is studying with or being overseen by at the Chantry - I assume he's there for a reason, perhaps to teach some initiates or defend the place. What do you think?
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun May 24, 2015 9:32 pm

Off course I did not assume you where done I merely meant that the stats looks fine and the character concept is interesting.

I was asked that by another player and I say everyone get two free dots in the Chantry background. I have never used that in my games as for me stats is just there to avoid the pang pang you are dead, no I am not so if a game is set at a Chantry I just assume everyone is there and no one need to spend point on it, just like I assume everyone who have grown up in the West know how to use a computer, basic cooking, change batteries and other common knowledge without having to spend points on it, for me stats have to conform to reality and not the other way around, so there is just not enough point to know everything a person to day know, so I just assume a character have common knowledge from the society they live in, just like I assume a mage that live in a Chantry have basic knowledge of mage society without having to spend points on it, but that he or she need mage lore to know more than the basics.

You need to spend point on Node as the Chantry's tass will only be given out at the Deacons discretion, however you can meditate in the Chantry node if you wish, but if you want a node to get tass and quint from beyond hat you naturally get by meditating you need the Node background.

There is a Library but it is shared between 20 plus mages so having the Library stat mean you have your private one, but you can use the Chantry Library let us say it count like one free dot in Library.

Hum...well he could have the tasks to teach initiates to defend themselves, or perhaps his mentor live at the Chantry in which case it makes sense he do as well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun May 24, 2015 9:58 pm

Thanks for answering my questions! This all makes sense. I'll take a background in Node then so that he can access some Quint or Tass (handy to have). I think it would make sense for his mentor to be at the Chantry, since he's just become a full member of the Order recently.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun May 24, 2015 11:12 pm

Very nice, four extra freebie point for background and three for Paradigm so 7 extra in all.

So he have his own Node? Do you want me to make it or make it yourself?

Do you want me to make the mentor or do you want to make him yourself? I mean when he is at the Chantry they will probably be somewhat close, a mage and his mentor have a parent/child relationship in a way, I mean in the Order of Hermes they even use that terminology, so to other mages a Hermetic would introduce himself as for example Darius Jones Hermes bani Bonisagus filus Jrman Gray. Filius or filia being son or daughter and they refer to their birth parents as their vulgar parents as in common parents and see their mentor as their true parent.

Anyway your character is ready to go, I have a re game chatting in character thread in the IC section, but I will not start the main plot before everyone is done with their characters.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon May 25, 2015 2:20 am

I've just got to detail some of his Rotes and Effects and I think I'm done - I will add them soon and as I develop them.

I would just like him to have access to the Chantry node if he needs it (and of course would ask permission first) - so I gave him a 1 point Merit. It wouldn't be a personal node, since he's staying there anyway.

If you could make him a Mentor that might be helpful, since he is staying there and it makes sense that his Mentor would be there. And thanks for the information about how he might add in his Mentor to his name/title at introduction, to others. This is my first Hermetic, so I'm still getting used to the dance of protocols = )
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon May 25, 2015 6:11 am

Yes anyone can ask to have access to the Chantry Node but if someone have done favors for the Chantry or well it pays at times to have a mentor old enough to rub elbows with the Deacon that privilege can be given more often and more freely, so yes having your character have added Node privileges works wonderfully.

I am working on his mentor now, I am thinking his mentor is the Chantry head of security since he is Flambeau. I am not done with him yet but he is coming along.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon May 25, 2015 7:47 am

That sounds great, thank you!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon May 25, 2015 8:50 am

No problem, I will try to have what your character know about his mentor posted today, off course he do not know everything.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon May 25, 2015 4:11 pm

Adley's mentor go under the name of Jeffry Morgan, he have never told his apprentice his birth name but he wears old pocked watch inscribed with to my son Jake. The name and title he use formally among other mages are Jeffry Morgan Ars Magister Hermes bani Flambeau filius Alexander Derruw. What other names he has he have never told his apprentice.

This is what Adley know about his mentor:

Jeffry say that he was born on Horizon the son of a Hermetic maga of House Verditius and her sleeper husband, he say he Awakened when he was just a boy and that his mother tried to apprentice him but he was never able to learn the arts of an artificer so he was sent to Mus for training and once his time at the collage Chantry was complete he chose House Flambeau to help protect the Order from it's enemies, at which point he was assigned to a Flambeau Master who he studied under for a year to learn the secrets of the House before he was initiated.

Jeffry's mother went Marauder after an failed experiment and disappeared into the Umbra, Adley have heard his Mentor ask about a dark skinned, brown eyed woman using talismans for her magick every time someone say they have observed a Marauder in the Umbra so it is possible that he is still looking for her.

Adley do not know how old his mentor is, Adley have seven pictures in his chambers, on for each of his seven apprentices, and the first one, Harriet, wear clothes indicating the picture was taken around 1850, so Jeffry must have been experienced enough teach a student by then. Of the seven apprentices Jeffry have trained, he have lost five, all of them having fallen fighting the enemies of Ascension or from Paradox resulting from such a fight. The only other surviving apprentice of Jeffry save Adley are now herself an Adepta Majoris and Adley have met her at the Chantry where she live in San Fransisco when he and his mentor went to visit her for the celebration of her own apprentice initiation last year, this woman is named Helena Mer and her newly initiated student is Stephen Daniels. Two years ago Adley got a magickal brother when Jeffry Awakened a teenage boy to take as his apprentice, however one day the new mage did not show up at the Chantry for his lessons, after some time searching the boy was found, with tree Primium bullets in his chest, the Technocracy had found the young mage and shot him down in the street, disguising the murder as gang violence. Jeffry took the murder of his new apprentice hard and he have been a more bitter man since, and he have become somewhat protecting of Adley.

Jeffry hates the Technocracy, and I do mean REALLY hates them, both them murdering his apprentices and taking over Mus where hard blows for him and he is looking to get even every chance he gets, the old Hermetic hate the Technocracy to such a degree that he even strongly dislikes Traditionalist Technomancers such as Virtual Adepts and Etherites.

Jeffry is a Master of the Art and quite powerful, he have never revealed exactly how powerful though. Currently the old Hermetic is serving as Steelhaven's chief of security, a job he takes very seriously.

Adley's Mentor is a tall, grunt man, his origins are hard to tell possibly because he was, if what he say is correct, born in another realm. Jeffry's skin is dark golden and look Egyptian, his nose is hooked but sharp and his eyes are piercing and all but black, his hair is one shade lighter than back and worn in a short, ragged practical style. Jeffry prefer to wear jeans and a tshirt.

The old Flambeau's habits are simple, he do his job, study his magick and to relax he enjoys sitting on the roof balcony and have a cold beer or restore vintage cars. Jeffry always wears sunglasses when out during the day, he claims that at Horizon there are two soft, magick made suns illuminating the sky and that no matter how long he live on Earth he will never get used to the sharpness of our natural sunlight. Jeffry use hand gestures and ancient chants for foci and seam to have a pretty standard Hermetic Paradigm.

Sorry for the jumbled up description, this is off course not Jeffry's full character sheet and background, it is what your character know about his mentor or rather think he know about him from observation or what the old mage have told him.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon May 25, 2015 6:55 pm

Thank you! Seems he has a beef against Technomancers and hates Technocracy with a burning passion (for obvious reasons). I'll keep that in mind for Adley. I'll assume Adley at least met the apprentice that got killed, as well, if he was coming to the Chantry for lessons.

- and I'll add his mentor to his name(s) = )
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon May 25, 2015 7:01 pm

Yes Adley would have been familiar with the apprentice that got killed, the boy did not live at the Chantry as sometimes that is hard to explain to mundane parents, but he came by every day for lessons so yes they would have met, Adley might also have helped his mentor to teach the new apprentice.

Yeah Jeffry is not a big fan of the Technocracy.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:04 pm

Rotes:

Watch the Weaving - Prime 1

Tools: Monad Hieroglyphic disk & the number '1'
Actions: Focus on the disk and the meaning of wholeness beneath the symbol of the monad
Words: incant the Words and Names of the First Breath in Enochian
Incantation: incant the Words and Names of the First Breath in Enochian

Effect:This Effect is not so much a spell as an additional degree of sensitivity. When any magical Effect is attempted within the vicinity of a disciple of Prime, he may roll Perception + Awareness to detect the weaving of the etheric threads. Once the mage has noticed the subtle tint of magic — or if the mage is just naturally suspicious — he can use this Effect to actually see or sense the magical weavings. Most mages perceive these weavings as patterns of light and color in the air, although perceptions vary according to the nature of the mage, the Tradition of the spellworker and the Effect in question. However he perceives magic, the mage may watch the weaving and attempt to identify the patterns and thereby discern the magic's intent, as well possible affiliations of the caster.

Mages of the Order of Hermes use a standardized system of mathematics, colors and seals as notation to record the forms of unknown magic. They may then take these notes to Masters of the Order who then decode the basic form and intent of a particular weaving. The mage may then allow the patterns of familiar rotes — or unknown spells that bear the seal of a friend or ally — to pass by unopposed, as the mage knows they are of friendly intent. This forewarning also allows the mage to attempt countermagic if he understands all the Spheres involved...Continuous magic, particularly wards and curses, may also be detected by use of this Effect, although it often requires some knowledge of the appropriate Spheres involved in order to comprehend their nature fully.

See Briatic Plane:
Prime 2, Spirit 2

Tools: Wand with gilded lotus and bands representing different realms; hood inscribed on the inside and dedicated to the Seven Stars of Vision; black double cube
Actions: bring down hood over the head; hold wand at correct realm level (spirit), inscribe in air correct pentacle form in correct direction, touching shoulders, legs, forhead. Call the powers, incant. Bring double cube up and view across surface.
Words: Calling upon the Seven Stars of Vision and holy archangels of the Pillars
Incantation"I AM he who stands before the Veil of Holy Holies stood the altar of incense, which this I wield is an image. It is the form of the double cube, thus representing the material form as a reflection and duplication of that which is spiritual..." he began, his voice taking on a reverberating tone. He then after describing the properties of the items significant properties to the Working and went on, "I am he who separates the pure and impure and refines the gold of the spirit from the Black Dragon of the corruptible body."

Effect: View the combined Spirit Umbra and Primal Umbra.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:26 pm

Looks good. Rotes for our Hermetic. Smile
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:28 am

...Just noticed something on your character sheet (Yes, I was snooping a little.)...

Do you realize how insanely huge a 35mm gun would be? That's a cannon! Smile
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:30 am

oh whups! That's not what I meant >.< no arm canons he's just got a handgun for goodness sakes...let's fix that up. Thank you for that. Which reminds me I hadn't finished writing up his weapons damage so I should do that too!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:36 am

I expect Adley would be sporting a 9mm, or a .38 caliber (largely interchangeable) pistol of some sort. Smile

Speaking of, what ARE the stats for a 9mm handgun?

Also, I believe Bruce is the most potent mage of the lot. Wink
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:31 am

Embarassed

Last edited by s7trif3 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *)
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:06 am

Perfect. Smile
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:32 am

I don't suppose you have the stats for a 9mm Browning Mark III?
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:13 am

Shall we perhaps start a weapons thread gentlemen?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:03 am

That, or just make a list of the weapons tables; that'd work, too. Smile
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:16 am

I have not gotten there in the book yet, however if you say what weapon you want I can search for it in the PDF and if it is not there just use stats from another WoD book.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:17 am

Like I said... Smile

Warpmind wrote:I don't suppose you have the stats for a 9mm Browning Mark III?
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum