Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Warpmind on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:16 am

"That would be quite unpleasant, effective though but you have to excuse me to hope you will do do just that."
The Nephandus said and frowned.
Colin grinned, "Well, the logistics would make it a difficult proposal in any case - we'd not want to get too close, either, and we kind of need to participate in the action."

"True enough. I was thinking with your scars they might have been gotten in combat, though then again what do I know. Anyway it is good to be proud of one's nation of origin but it is also completely irrelevant in this Sir..."
He said and raised an eyebrow.
He nodded, "I was a pilot, not infantry or special forces. Missile out of nowhere; unpleasant surprise and something of a rude Awakening. Thank the Union for modern surgery, I suppose."

The Umbrood looked at you though he was still carving, now he was writing about other Nephandi Siege had met and conflicts he had with some of them, he was just continuing with the task of writing the man's story until told otherwise.
"I can stay in what you see as here yes but what is a bit?"
The spirit asked looking confused.
"I do not want to share my name with many, but can can meet them if you want me to friend."
He agreed and continued carving.
He paused, "A bit is... an informal measurement of time... not worth worrying about. And I'm not asking you to share your name with them, I simply trust them to not abuse your acquaintance."

"Oh I certainly agree to that Mr Wainwright and I believe in fighting for change but sometimes one have to accept what is to survive for that fight..."
He nodded, "That wisdom does not often come easy, does it?"

Lenoe smiled a little sadly at that.
"I think I might prefer to face the things you describe that others pass out in fear of than to be so helpless again."
He muttered and placed a thin hand protectively over his chest.
He shrugged and touched a hand to his scars, "I... think you might have difficulties with the more incendiary things, actually. But aside from that, perhaps you're right."

"Oh I doubt many would blame us, you are kind for saying so though Mr Wainwright, but I am blaming me, you have to understand when I loose control I might end up killing someone, the nice woman that helped us play chess and kept us company, Dennis hit her when she tried to calm him down, loosing control is dangerous and...I do not enjoy ending up in such a state of mind."
Karl said and Lenoe looked down and nodded sadly.
He nodded, "The distinction between involuntary and voluntary manslaughter, I suppose... The Nephandus will not be getting another chance to disrupt you so."

"I feel save enough with that, the question is if the Chief will agree to it but I will get the chains."
Francesca agreed. Both Karl and Lenoe seamed to relax a little hearing that.
He nodded, "It should at least suffice until a decision needs to be made closer to nightfall - enough to let us consider a secondary site for them."
He frowned, "I don't suppose the secondary Node could be a viable safehouse?"

"That did not sound good."
Mr Lenoe said softly.
"I will try to cooperate then...so you are not kept down here instead of helping your friends."
He said and he tried to lay down on the mattress that Ty had made up again with sheets and a pillow, the vampire lay curled up in a ball though and where far from relaxing.
"What if the Chief the girl spoke about decide we do have to be staked and I can not open my eyes I would be blind as well."
He said fearfully. Karl sigh and laid down on his matrass and nodded.
"It would make it worse..."
He agreed and looked at the roof.
He frowned, "If that were to be the Chief's decision, would it help if we eased your eyes open at that time?"

((OOC: Righto, there we are, Engrave is puzzled about temporal terminology. Razz And my head's bolted on right today. ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:29 am

Anja's Post:
There where no firearms laying around but there where regular furniture around and metal pipes in a way held the curtains in place they had to be threaded on something after all and some of the lamps could be dismantled for metal tubing.
"We need to get upstairs and help..."
The man others had called Adjan said then he turned to Andrew.
"Kid please take Miss Day to the cafeteria and hide there for now it should be safe enough."
He said then he glanced up the stairs.
"I guess the chains Mr Wainwright wanted will have to wait, do anyone need to prepare anything before we go up there?"

Nicole ran her eyes over the things; looking for something which would stand in as a makeshift bat - though she was loathe to start breaking stuff for this just yet.

'Unless you've got an AK hidden on your person, I'm good.' she said to Adjan, with a wry smile and a raised eyebrow.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:34 pm

Colin:

Colin grinned, "Well, the logistics would make it a difficult proposal in any case - we'd not want to get too close, either, and we kind of need to participate in the action."

"Well that is good for us at least, the Paradox from a Marauder would be most unpleasant to be around."
Siege said and frowned.

He nodded, "I was a pilot, not infantry or special forces. Missile out of nowhere; unpleasant surprise and something of a rude Awakening. Thank the Union for modern surgery, I suppose."

"You Awakened that way? Well that certainly is a rather violent way to acquire magick. I am quite pleased that my own Awakening was a bit more peaceful."
The Nephandus that and raised an eyebrow.

He paused, "A bit is... an informal measurement of time... not worth worrying about. And I'm not asking you to share your name with them, I simply trust them to not abuse your acquaintance."

"So you can measure time informally, do that mean you have a longer now with an informal measurement than a formal one."
The shadowy figure said and gave you a confused look.
"I will meet those you speak about Craftsman you trust them perhaps I do to in another now."

He nodded, "That wisdom does not often come easy, does it?"

"No...it do not."
Karl said with a dark look in his eyes though he did not say anything more than that.

He shrugged and touched a hand to his scars, "I... think you might have difficulties with the more incendiary things, actually. But aside from that, perhaps you're right."

"Yeah incendiary things would be pretty bad, but I would rather be hurt than be helpless."
Lenoe said then he sigh.
"But being kept staked is better than dying...my kind do not have much to look forward to after death to say it like that."
He said and frowned.

He nodded, "The distinction between involuntary and voluntary manslaughter, I suppose... The Nephandus will not be getting another chance to disrupt you so."

"Yes it is in a way, however even if I did not mean to harm someone I could never forgive myself if I ended up killing someone innocent."
Karl said and sigh.
"Are you sure that...ehm Nephandus that was the word right can not break out again?"

He nodded, "It should at least suffice until a decision needs to be made closer to nightfall - enough to let us consider a secondary site for them."
He frowned, "I don't suppose the secondary Node could be a viable safehouse?"

"I think chains should hold for now at least."
Francesca said then she considered for a moment.
"Hum...yeah that might work actually, and it would be safer for the addicted kid as well to not have them in house...but I guess we are going to have to ask the Hermetic hedge wizards working to repair the Node if they are ok with having the vampires around."
She said and Lenoe glanced over at her when she mentioned Tobias.
"Whatever is safer for the boy."
He commented.

He frowned, "If that were to be the Chief's decision, would it help if we eased your eyes open at that time?"

Dennis nodded and smiled slightly.
"Yes it would...help quite a bit."
He said softly. Karl was just about falling asleep but he to nodded and muttered sleepily.
"I would...not want to be helpless and...blind it would help Sir..."
He muttered before he dragged the blankets over his head and seamed to fall back asleep. Lenoe was still awake and scared though but he to where starting to look rather tired, there was a limit to how long he could stay awake.

Nicole:

Nicole ran her eyes over the things; looking for something which would stand in as a makeshift bat - though she was loathe to start breaking stuff for this just yet.

You could just lift one of the metal curtain sticks down and slip the curtains off that would not break anything and you would have a long metal staff with a metal ball in each end, they did appear to be made in brass so it was rather sturdy.

'Unless you've got an AK hidden on your person, I'm good.' she said to Adjan, with a wry smile and a raised eyebrow.

"I am afraid that Mr Wainwright already have my spare gun."
Adjan said as he drew his own weapon from inside of his coat.
"And I would prefer to be armed."
He said as he headed up the stairs.
"You can borrow mine, I am a decent shot but I need my hands to manipulate my bones for magick."
Francesca said and offered you the same weapon you had used earlier.
"And I have this feeling that spells might just come in handy for this."
The Euthanathos said with a friendly smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:00 pm

"Well that is good for us at least, the Paradox from a Marauder would be most unpleasant to be around."
Siege said and frowned.
Colin shrugged, "Well, you Fallen do seem to have a rougher time with the Scourge than the rest of us. Personally, I found the pieces of street bouncing up and down to be a bit more unpleasant."

"You Awakened that way? Well that certainly is a rather violent way to acquire magick. I am quite pleased that my own Awakening was a bit more peaceful."
The Nephandus that and raised an eyebrow.
He nodded, "You could say I was introduced to magic in a manner that would have impressed Flambeau the Founder... Fortunately, I'm a durable sort."

"So you can measure time informally, do that mean you have a longer now with an informal measurement than a formal one."
The shadowy figure said and gave you a confused look.
"I will meet those you speak about Craftsman you trust them perhaps I do to in another now."
He sighed softly, "It's an imprecision born by Incarnate languages... It is a way to describe an extended Now without precise delimiters. Incarnate beings are strange like that."

"Yeah incendiary things would be pretty bad, but I would rather be hurt than be helpless."
Lenoe said then he sigh.
"But being kept staked is better than dying...my kind do not have much to look forward to after death to say it like that."
He said and frowned.
He nodded, "So I've come to understand... and frankly, I would not wish death upon any of you - with a very few specific exceptions, and only then as a matter of self defense against a persistent and direct threat against everyone."

"Yes it is in a way, however even if I did not mean to harm someone I could never forgive myself if I ended up killing someone innocent."
Karl said and sigh.
"Are you sure that...ehm Nephandus that was the word right can not break out again?"
He nodded, "Cut off from his power, he's... I suppose it could be likened to a vampire whose Beast is temporarily removed. It will take an outside effort to release him, and we'll not be letting that happen."

"I think chains should hold for now at least."
Francesca said then she considered for a moment.
"Hum...yeah that might work actually, and it would be safer for the addicted kid as well to not have them in house...but I guess we are going to have to ask the Hermetic hedge wizards working to repair the Node if they are ok with having the vampires around."
She said and Lenoe glanced over at her when she mentioned Tobias.
"Whatever is safer for the boy."
He commented.
He nodded, "The Node cleansers will be receiving some assistance in any case - posting an extra guard shift to watch over two vampires should be manageable."

Dennis nodded and smiled slightly.
"Yes it would...help quite a bit."
He said softly. Karl was just about falling asleep but he to nodded and muttered sleepily.
"I would...not want to be helpless and...blind it would help Sir..."
He muttered before he dragged the blankets over his head and seamed to fall back asleep. Lenoe was still awake and scared though but he to where starting to look rather tired, there was a limit to how long he could stay awake.
He smiled warmly, "Sleep now, Mr. Lenoe... you've been through much, and you need your rest. We need to get you back to your classes in one piece, after all."

He waited patiently for Lenoe to finally fall asleep, then nodded to Ty, "Alright, can you stay guard here, then? I've got to reinforce the defenses upstairs."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:19 pm

Colin shrugged, "Well, you Fallen do seem to have a rougher time with the Scourge than the rest of us. Personally, I found the pieces of street bouncing up and down to be a bit more unpleasant."

"Yes Paradox is not kind to the Fallen, even things that would get another mage a slap on the wrist can be fatal which is why all out assault like we have been doing under Larson is rare, the thing is in physical reality we are at a severe disadvantage compared to the other factions."
Siege said and sigh.
"I do wonder what the Lady of the Labyrinth are thinking, but it is not for me to question her..."

He nodded, "You could say I was introduced to magic in a manner that would have impressed Flambeau the Founder... Fortunately, I'm a durable sort."

"Apparently so, perhaps you should have become a Hermetic, then again I don't really know what Tradition you actually are."
The Nephandus said.
"For me I Awakened spontaneously but nothing so dramatic and a teacher quickly found me and got me through the worst of the confusion..."
He said and smiled a bit sadly at the thought of his Mentor.

He sighed softly, "It's an imprecision born by Incarnate languages... It is a way to describe an extended Now without precise delimiters. Incarnate beings are strange like that."

"So language is why incarnate beings do not live in the now, I understand that is impractical, you should learn Enochian, then you can live in the now."
The Umbrood said and nodded convinced he had got it just about right, there was a slightly smug look about him as if he was thinking something along the line of communication with humans...nailed it...

He nodded, "So I've come to understand... and frankly, I would not wish death upon any of you - with a very few specific exceptions, and only then as a matter of self defense against a persistent and direct threat against everyone."

Karl nodded.
"I appreciate that Mr Wainwright, I imagine many who learn of our existence among your kind might find us to be rather...an affront towards reality or something."
He said and sigh.
"I can assure you that we are alive...well not physically perhaps but we are people you know."

He nodded, "Cut off from his power, he's... I suppose it could be likened to a vampire whose Beast is temporarily removed. It will take an outside effort to release him, and we'll not be letting that happen."

"Hum...I have heard of that happening that one of our...groups have the ability to take someone's Beast, it makes the victim lethargic and they loose all inspiration and creativity and sense of self preservation but at least it calms their rage...still I do not think I would have like that to happen to me, I can see how that makes your prisoner unlikely to escape though."
Karl muttered sleepily and frowned.

He nodded, "The Node cleansers will be receiving some assistance in any case - posting an extra guard shift to watch over two vampires should be manageable."

"We will not need more guards it is not like they can run of with the Node, and they are not prisoners if they decide to leave they may at any time, the only reason they are kept restrained here is that they are well...Gilgul on two legs and the Chief is skeptical about having them wander around the Chantry but at the villa there should only be the hedge wizards and the Node Cleasers at the moment and they will not be sleeping there or anything so probably if the Chief agrees they can just wanted around there as they please as long as they do not disturb the Node cleansers."
Francesca said and Karl raised an eyebrow.
"That we where what on two legs?"
He asked.

He smiled warmly, "Sleep now, Mr. Lenoe... you've been through much, and you need your rest. We need to get you back to your classes in one piece, after all."

The vampire smiled when you mentioned his classes and nodded.
"I am sorry for the trouble we have cause Mr Wainwright..."
He said sleepily, still afraid and nervous but now he was definitively feeling the effect of it being daytime.

He waited patiently for Lenoe to finally fall asleep, then nodded to Ty, "Alright, can you stay guard here, then? I've got to reinforce the defenses upstairs."

It did not take to long for Mr Lenoe to fall asleep he twisted and turned a bit trying to find a comfortable way to lay with his burns, but then the day overwhelmed him and he slept. Ty nodded he sat down in a chair from the corner of the room.
"I will stay and watch over them."
He said and looked at the vampire who now lay as still as dolls.
"It is a bit creepy though when they sleep they look like corpses..."
He muttered.

(OOC: And then folks we are at 15 000 posts in the IC section. Everyone gets one free exp to celebrate good job everyone. Very Happy )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:38 pm

"Yeah I am sure he said that..."

"Thanks Kyle. That answers a few questions that I had." Serge said quickly in a semi-worried voice. Looking back on it, the prophetic picture did show the two moons representing the labyrinth's and he had learned from Siege that the labryinth's were housed within the umbra and the three women dancing around the key as if they were going to open it. Could it be that they were opening a way to their labyrinth?

Serge quickly shook his head, now was not the time to be thinking about the puzzle of the picture. He followed after Adley and Colin, worried about what exactly the Nephandi planned on doing and about the fate of the time mages. Their wasn't much he could do against the umbrood but he planned on helping in any way that he could.

(((Yay free xp Smile. 4 more and Serge can get 1 dot in time magick and stop getting wierd looks from his uncle.)))
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:49 pm

"Thanks Kyle. That answers a few questions that I had." Serge said quickly in a semi-worried voice. Looking back on it, the prophetic picture did show the two moons representing the labyrinth's and he had learned from Siege that the labryinth's were housed within the umbra and the three women dancing around the key as if they were going to open it. Could it be that they were opening a way to their labyrinth?

"Ok...glad I could help but is something wrong?"
Kyle asked nervously. The cellar was allot less noisy now that Helga had taken a good part of the group to go upstairs and help. You saw that the man with the dog where helping a bound Siege sit up.
"Let us get him back to the store room he was in before and then I will stay guard, we should get some water and wash his own filth of him though, give him some dignity Miss."
He said to Kristina who nodded.
"It is Mrs Sir, Mrs Knox, I will help you get the prisoner to the storeroom and then one of us can watch him while the other gets water, I really should check on the vampires as well though."
The Verbena said as she stood up and started to heal her own bloody arms.
"Washing up first might be good though..."

Serge quickly shook his head, now was not the time to be thinking about the puzzle of the picture. He followed after Adley and Colin, worried about what exactly the Nephandi planned on doing and about the fate of the time mages. Their wasn't much he could do against the umbrood but he planned on helping in any way that he could.

Colin at least had not left the basement yet, he was tending to the scared vampires. Adley might have gone with Helga's group though.

(OOC: I will leave it up to Strife what Adley have done he might have gone with Helga's group or wanted for Colin or something else. Also yeah that would make Ryan happy. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:01 pm

"Yes Paradox is not kind to the Fallen, even things that would get another mage a slap on the wrist can be fatal which is why all out assault like we have been doing under Larson is rare, the thing is in physical reality we are at a severe disadvantage compared to the other factions."
Siege said and sigh.
"I do wonder what the Lady of the Labyrinth are thinking, but it is not for me to question her..."
Colin snorted, "The short answer is probably that she has gone off the deep end, mad with ambition."

"Apparently so, perhaps you should have become a Hermetic, then again I don't really know what Tradition you actually are."
The Nephandus said.
"For me I Awakened spontaneously but nothing so dramatic and a teacher quickly found me and got me through the worst of the confusion..."
He said and smiled a bit sadly at the thought of his Mentor.
He smiled wryly, "Alas, in this life, no Mentor came along to take me under their wing... I've been informed by several individuals, some of whom actually remember that House in its heyday, that I would have made a fine Tremere, as they were."

"So language is why incarnate beings do not live in the now, I understand that is impractical, you should learn Enochian, then you can live in the now."
The Umbrood said and nodded convinced he had got it just about right, there was a slightly smug look about him as if he was thinking something along the line of communication with humans...nailed it...
He hesitated, "It's the other way around, actually; incarnate beings live in a fixed-direction now, seeing everything as a linear chain of cause and effect, and our languages are limited by that. But yes, if I can find someone to teach me Enochian, then I will be able to express myself more accurately."

Karl nodded.
"I appreciate that Mr Wainwright, I imagine many who learn of our existence among your kind might find us to be rather...an affront towards reality or something."
He said and sigh.
"I can assure you that we are alive...well not physically perhaps but we are people you know."
He smiled wryly, "I've met a few of you who are as far from an affront to reality as could be conceived of - polite and soft-spoken. There are monsters among you that need to be held at bay - Nicolai comes to mind - but it seems to me that most of you keep your Law of Shade well enough to justify a live-and-let-live policy."

"Hum...I have heard of that happening that one of our...groups have the ability to take someone's Beast, it makes the victim lethargic and they loose all inspiration and creativity and sense of self preservation but at least it calms their rage...still I do not think I would have like that to happen to me, I can see how that makes your prisoner unlikely to escape though."
Karl muttered sleepily and frowned.
He nodded, "That does sound about comparable. And no, it's not a pleasant thing to go through, whether the separation is temporary or permanent. I gather you saw the chap's despair? Not something I enjoyed doing, but necessary all the same."

"We will not need more guards it is not like they can run of with the Node, and they are not prisoners if they decide to leave they may at any time, the only reason they are kept restrained here is that they are well...Gilgul on two legs and the Chief is skeptical about having them wander around the Chantry but at the villa there should only be the hedge wizards and the Node Cleasers at the moment and they will not be sleeping there or anything so probably if the Chief agrees they can just wanted around there as they please as long as they do not disturb the Node cleansers."
Francesca said and Karl raised an eyebrow.
"That we where what on two legs?"
He asked.
He shook his head to Francesca, giving Karl a firm look, "You don't want to know the details. Suffice to say your blood is like a really shitty narcotic to us - except more destructive."

The vampire smiled when you mentioned his classes and nodded.
"I am sorry for the trouble we have cause Mr Wainwright..."
He said sleepily, still afraid and nervous but now he was definitively feeling the effect of it being daytime.
He shook his head, "You were not at fault for being pushed into a confused state; that Nephandus was. Sleep well, gentlemen, and hopefully, you'll wake up in a more comfortable room tonight, or be escorted to another site."

It did not take to long for Mr Lenoe to fall asleep he twisted and turned a bit trying to find a comfortable way to lay with his burns, but then the day overwhelmed him and he slept. Ty nodded he sat down in a chair from the corner of the room.
"I will stay and watch over them."
He said and looked at the vampire who now lay as still as dolls.
"It is a bit creepy though when they sleep they look like corpses..."
He muttered.
He nodded, "It is a little off-putting, yes. Hopefully, the immediate crisis will be quickly resolved and someone will bring down some chains and... a meal for the fellows. I'll see you later."
He strode briskly out of the room and up the stairs, drawing the gun with one hand, and fishing out a couple of the tass buttons with the other, preparing for the worst.

((OOC: Woohoo, even more XP at a milestone! And I think I'll have to wait to see what meets Colin upstairs until the others have spread out to do more damage or whatever they choose. He did stay several minutes longer downstairs than they did, after all. ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:34 pm

Colin snorted, "The short answer is probably that she has gone off the deep end, mad with ambition."

The Nephandus gave a deep sigh and nodded.
"Yeah probably..."
He agreed hesitantly.

He smiled wryly, "Alas, in this life, no Mentor came along to take me under their wing... I've been informed by several individuals, some of whom actually remember that House in its heyday, that I would have made a fine Tremere, as they were."

Siege glance at Lenoe and Karl and raised an eyebrow.
"The group of vampires? Hum...well I guess they where Hermetics once as well...so you are an Orphan now then?"
He asked and looked back at you.

He hesitated, "It's the other way around, actually; incarnate beings live in a fixed-direction now, seeing everything as a linear chain of cause and effect, and our languages are limited by that. But yes, if I can find someone to teach me Enochian, then I will be able to express myself more accurately."

Engrave's smug look evaporated and he looked confused again.
"I do not understand friend..."
He said and scratched his immaterial head with his long claws before he shrugged and went back to writing on the wall clearly thinking incarnate beings to be very strange.

He smiled wryly, "I've met a few of you who are as far from an affront to reality as could be conceived of - polite and soft-spoken. There are monsters among you that need to be held at bay - Nicolai comes to mind - but it seems to me that most of you keep your Law of Shade well enough to justify a live-and-let-live policy."

"Nicolai is a little snot...there are good sides to him but he is still a little snot!"
Karl declared then he looked puzzled for a moment.
"Law of Shade? Ah...yes I guess that would be a good name for it...so your kind have similar laws? You have to have them right for if else how come not the whole world know there are mages? Perhaps we are not so different after all."
The vampire said and smiled.

He nodded, "That does sound about comparable. And no, it's not a pleasant thing to go through, whether the separation is temporary or permanent. I gather you saw the chap's despair? Not something I enjoyed doing, but necessary all the same."

"Necessary yes but I did see his despair, what will happen to him if his ehm...soul is not returned to his possession?"
Karl asked and raised an eyebrow.
"Man that sounds strange to say."

He shook his head to Francesca, giving Karl a firm look, "You don't want to know the details. Suffice to say your blood is like a really shitty narcotic to us - except more destructive."

Francesca gave a oops look she knew she had said to much and the Euthanathos fell silent. Karl raised an eyebrow but he did not ask further as it seamed like a topic you did not want to discuss.

He shook his head, "You were not at fault for being pushed into a confused state; that Nephandus was. Sleep well, gentlemen, and hopefully, you'll wake up in a more comfortable room tonight, or be escorted to another site."

Mr Lenoe looked at you for a while then something you said made him uneasy.
"You will move us during the day? You are aware of just how little sunlight we can stand Sir.."
The vampire said nervously.

He nodded, "It is a little off-putting, yes. Hopefully, the immediate crisis will be quickly resolved and someone will bring down some chains and... a meal for the fellows. I'll see you later."

"Off putting I can deal with. Yeah see you Mr Wainwright...I will take care of these gentlemen in the meantime."
Ty said and nodded.

He strode briskly out of the room and up the stairs, drawing the gun with one hand, and fishing out a couple of the tass buttons with the other, preparing for the worst.

You got up to the entrance hallway and saw Rosa Olsen standing by the door, a finely embroidered bag with something heavy in it and a dark blue glass scale in her hands as she looked out the door confused and called.
"Ma'am...but...where did you go? Ma'am?!"

Getting up the stairs where was an uneasy feeling coming from the floors above you, a feeling that something was very very wrong.)

(OOC: Yeah Colin are a few minutes behind the rest.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:16 pm

"Wait are you sure he said that!" Serge said as his eyes widened remembering certain parts of the prophetic picture.
"Yeah I am sure he said that..."
"Thanks Kyle. That answers a few questions that I had." Serge said quickly in a semi-worried voice.
"That's two of the three things," he said, scowling. "There's still could be else..."
The Chief took the phone and you heard some very strange sounds from the phone, some sort of static, he still managed to hiss though.
"Thank you for telling me mea filius I am quite aware though...damned Nephandi!"
"Got it." He frowned at the sound on the line and hung up quickly - he wasn't sure if something or someone was listening on the other line, or if his pater was in the middle of a fight, but either way his paranoia and concern were peaked at the strange noises. "I'm not sure but the phones might be tampered with, there's a fight or the portal's open already," he said, "Who is going up with me?" he asked. "There's could be spirits, and we need to keep an eye out for their third objective, and we need to leave some protections down here," he said.

// whoo yay xp! I figure Adley was a bit behind Helga's group, since they left while he was talking to Kyle. And ahead of Colin, since he was left in the basement, so anyone with him is in the middle, I'd suppose.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:27 pm

"That's two of the three things," he said, scowling. "There's still could be else..."

Kyle muttered from inside his room.
"Two of three things? I don't get it."
Then he sigh.
"Yeah...I guess there will be time for questions later...I am not going to keep you."

"Got it." He frowned at the sound on the line and hung up quickly - he wasn't sure if something or someone was listening on the other line, or if his pater was in the middle of a fight, but either way his paranoia and concern were peaked at the strange noises. "I'm not sure but the phones might be tampered with, there's a fight or the portal's open already," he said,

"That sounds bad...well it is only me, Ty, Mundi, Mrs Knox, Mr...ehm...Yager I think the young man's name was and Mr Wainwright left down here the rest left with Miss Williams, and I should drag the prisoner back to his makeshift cell and someone have to keep an eye on the vampires and the other prisoners...I can send Mundi with you though."
Darrian offered he was clearly thorn between wanting to protect the Chantry and the need to take care of the prisoner and get him to where he could be held securely. Mundi wagged his tail when his master said his name.

"There's could be spirits, and we need to keep an eye out for their third objective, and we need to leave some protections down here," he said.

"That is what I thought as well so me and Ty should stay here and watch over our guests, the prisoners and the Chief's new apprentice."
The Alchemist commented.

(OOC: That sounds reasonable yes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:37 pm

"Got it." He frowned at the sound on the line and hung up quickly - he wasn't sure if something or someone was listening on the other line, or if his pater was in the middle of a fight, but either way his paranoia and concern were peaked at the strange noises. "I'm not sure but the phones might be tampered with, there's a fight or the portal's open already," he said, "Who is going up with me?" he asked. "There's could be spirits, and we need to keep an eye out for their third objective, and we need to leave some protections down here," he said.
"That sounds bad...well it is only me, Ty, Mundi, Mrs Knox, Mr...ehm...Yager I think the young man's name was and Mr Wainwright left down here the rest left with Miss Williams, and I should drag the prisoner back to his makeshift cell and someone have to keep an eye on the vampires and the other prisoners...I can send Mundi with you though."
Darrian offered he was clearly thorn between wanting to protect the Chantry and the need to take care of the prisoner and get him to where he could be held securely. Mundi wagged his tail when his master said his name.

"I'll come with you. I'm afraid I can't do much about those spirits but I can keep my mind's eye open for any Nephandi that might be out there. Their aura's are...unique." Serge said remembering the mysterious black lines he had seen in Cadence's aura.

"I can also keep an eye out for that third objective. I have that prophetic picture burned into my memory and I have it on me. I might be able to use it to find out what that third objective might be."
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:51 pm

Siege glance at Lenoe and Karl and raised an eyebrow.
"The group of vampires? Hum...well I guess they where Hermetics once as well...so you are an Orphan now then?"
He asked and looked back at you.
Colin nodded, "Once upon a time, House Tremere were the warriors, politicians and diplomats of the Order, then their leadership made a few terrible mistakes... and here we are. And yes, my having had to figure things out on my own has been an... issue of contention for a few individuals of prouder lineages and fewer personal achievements recently."

Engrave's smug look evaporated and he looked confused again.
"I do not understand friend..."
He said and scratched his immaterial head with his long claws before he shrugged and went back to writing on the wall clearly thinking incarnate beings to be very strange.
He nodded, "It's quite alright. Perhaps if I learn a better language, I will be able to explain the strangeness that comes with being incarnate."

"Nicolai is a little snot...there are good sides to him but he is still a little snot!"
Karl declared then he looked puzzled for a moment.
"Law of Shade? Ah...yes I guess that would be a good name for it...so your kind have similar laws? You have to have them right for if else how come not the whole world know there are mages? Perhaps we are not so different after all."
The vampire said and smiled.
He nodded, "We're all just trying to survive in a world that's increasingly hostile to the supernatural, I guess... Now, if one of you left a string of bloodless bodies, we might have something to discuss, or if Nicolai does not give up on his attempts to gain a Child Mage for a bride, but by and large, I've no quarrel with your kind."

"Necessary yes but I did see his despair, what will happen to him if his ehm...soul is not returned to his possession?"
Karl asked and raised an eyebrow.
"Man that sounds strange to say."
He frowned, "If it is not returned... I should rather not speculate too much. Have you ever seen someone just... drift off into themselves?"

Mr Lenoe looked at you for a while then something you said made him uneasy.
"You will move us during the day? You are aware of just how little sunlight we can stand Sir.."
The vampire said nervously.
He grinned, "The six of us just teleported in from Chicago in an instant. I'm sure we can avoid exposure to sunlight when space can be... worked around."

"Off putting I can deal with. Yeah see you Mr Wainwright...I will take care of these gentlemen in the meantime."
Ty said and nodded.
He nodded, "Stay safe, and alert us upstairs if anything odd should happen here."

You got up to the entrance hallway and saw Rosa Olsen standing by the door, a finely embroidered bag with something heavy in it and a dark blue glass scale in her hands as she looked out the door confused and called.
"Ma'am...but...where did you go? Ma'am?!"

Getting up the stairs where was an uneasy feeling coming from the floors above you, a feeling that something was very very wrong.)
He skidded into the hall and frowned, "Miss Olsen, what seems to be..."
He looked at the bag, puzzle pieces rapidly clicking into place, "...Oh, did my apprentice drop off a present?"
He glanced upwards, "Quick now, miss, if that's what I suspect it is, you're holding a mighty weapon in your hands. What's in the bag?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:21 pm

"If something spiritual is afoot, your skills could be needed to sniff them out," he said. "But if they're trying intentionally to flush us around our own chantry, we can't leave our prisoners or those down on the other side of the basement alone either."
That is what I thought as well so me and Ty should stay here and watch over our guests, the prisoners and the Chief's new apprentice."
The Alchemist commented.
"Mrs Knox might assist with the vampires when she has cleaned up," he said. "Very well."
"I'll come with you. I'm afraid I can't do much about those spirits but I can keep my mind's eye open for any Nephandi that might be out there. Their aura's are...unique." Serge said remembering the mysterious black lines he had seen in Cadence's aura.
"Hrm you can detect their auras?" he said, sounding surprised. "If you are skilled in ars mens...er, mind magicks, then you may wish to put a protection shield up against mental attacks on yourself and others. Many of the terrible spirits the Nephandi call can cause a range of unpleasant emotions, like despair or their utter wrongness of being here can cause distractions and many of them are skilled in that art as well," he suggested. "I myself cannot help with that, though I plan on calling for some assistants for the wards."
"I can also keep an eye out for that third objective. I have that prophetic picture burned into my memory and I have it on me. I might be able to use it to find out what that third objective might be."
"Good," he said, trying to think of what else they might need to accomplish summoning the Aswadim that he knew about. "Let's go."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:37 pm

"Hrm you can detect their auras?" he said, sounding surprised.

"Yeah, its a fun little trick but gets annoying. You tend to learn a bit too much from a person's aura." Serge said with slight smile.

"If you are skilled in ars mens...er, mind magicks, then you may wish to put a protection shield up against mental attacks on yourself and others. Many of the terrible spirits the Nephandi call can cause a range of unpleasant emotions, like despair or their utter wrongness of being here can cause distractions and many of them are skilled in that art as well," he suggested. "I myself cannot help with that, though I plan on calling for some assistants for the wards."

"Thanks for the advice. My own knowledge of spirits is quite slim." Serge said with a nod.

Taking out the self-portrait that Meg had drawn for him, Serge looked at it with a frown. "Damn, I hate to mess with such a nice picture, but with the lack of time it's either this or drugs."

With that said Serge preparing the picture for his spell. Using an erasable pencil he quickly drew a circle around his head and then drew a lock around his forehead, symbolizing that his mind was locked from all outside influences.

"Good," he said, trying to think of what else they might need to accomplish summoning the Aswadim that he knew about. "Let's go."

Nodding in agreement Serge said, "Sure thing let's go." and followed behind Adley and his mage shield.

(((OOC: Sorry I don't have the Core Rule book on me right now. Is creating a mind shield a Mind 3 effect? Also if Serge was to create one how long would it last? Would it depend on the amount of successes?)))
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:18 pm

Anja's Post:
"I am afraid that Mr Wainwright already have my spare gun."
Adjan said as he drew his own weapon from inside of his coat.
"And I would prefer to be armed."
He said as he headed up the stairs.
"You can borrow mine, I am a decent shot but I need my hands to manipulate my bones for magick."
Francesca said and offered you the same weapon you had used earlier.
"And I have this feeling that spells might just come in handy for this."
The Euthanathos said with a friendly smile.

'If you're sure.' Nicole replied, moving to accept the weapon. If it's handed over, she'll quickly check the clip, to see how many rounds she'll have to play with. 'Got any extra clips?' she'll ask.

'Let's go... oh, and will anybody overly mind if they're not in a state to talk afterwards?'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:44 pm

Before the fight:

Colin nodded, "Once upon a time, House Tremere were the warriors, politicians and diplomats of the Order, then their leadership made a few terrible mistakes... and here we are. And yes, my having had to figure things out on my own has been an... issue of contention for a few individuals of prouder lineages and fewer personal achievements recently."

"Is that so? Well one might wonder what makes a whole House of magi want to become vampires but I guess that is all in the past...as for being an Orphan I have never had anything against those with no Mentors or Traditions, not all of us have had the luck of finding a teacher and most Orphans get by magickally quite well it seams."
Siege muttered and shrugged.

Basement:

Darrian nodded he glanced at you and then over at Adley.
"Perhaps taking the kid with you is not such a bad idea Mr Roth Hicks, he could be useful to you."
The alchemist commented.

He nodded, "It's quite alright. Perhaps if I learn a better language, I will be able to explain the strangeness that comes with being incarnate."

"Perhaps...for it is a very strange thing that you are."
Engrave said as he worked, not meaning any offense he just spoke the truth as he saw it.

He nodded, "We're all just trying to survive in a world that's increasingly hostile to the supernatural, I guess... Now, if one of you left a string of bloodless bodies, we might have something to discuss, or if Nicolai does not give up on his attempts to gain a Child Mage for a bride, but by and large, I've no quarrel with your kind."

"There is little hospitality for our kind and I suspect the same is true for all supernatural Sir so yes we all have to try to find a way to survive, and no unless a vampire loose control no one would be stupid enough to leave a trail of bloodless bodies...at least not many would."
Karl said and frowned then he raised a eyebrow.
"A mage child bride?"

He frowned, "If it is not returned... I should rather not speculate too much. Have you ever seen someone just... drift off into themselves?"

"I have seen that yes...hum...not a plesant fate..."
Karl muttered darkly.

He grinned, "The six of us just teleported in from Chicago in an instant. I'm sure we can avoid exposure to sunlight when space can be... worked around."

"That is quite amazing I have heard about some Tremere being able to do things like that...but yeah it is still quite amazing, I assume that is how Karl came here over from Chicago as well?"
Lenoe asked and his eyes went wide, Karl though where already sleeping and where not responding.

He nodded, "Stay safe, and alert us upstairs if anything odd should happen here."

Ty nodded at that.
"Off course, and you stay safe as well Mr Wainwright."

"If something spiritual is afoot, your skills could be needed to sniff them out," he said. "But if they're trying intentionally to flush us around our own chantry, we can't leave our prisoners or those down on the other side of the basement alone either."

"Agreed but when it comes to sniffing out something spiritual Mundi are pretty good at that but yes I do want to go upstairs and help but I do not know if it is wise to leave Mrs Knox and Ty here alone to watch over the prisoners."
Darrian said hesitantly, he was clearly not completely sure what to do.

"Mrs Knox might assist with the vampires when she has cleaned up," he said. "Very well."

"I will help out, though with several injured I will need to return to Morningstar before to long."
Kristina said.
"Could you direct me to your wash room or anywhere with a sink or running water please?"
She asked and Darrian looked at you.
"Ok do all three of us need to be down here then or should I come along as well Mr Roth Hicks."

First Floor:

He skidded into the hall and frowned, "Miss Olsen, what seems to be..."
He looked at the bag, puzzle pieces rapidly clicking into place, "...Oh, did my apprentice drop off a present?"
He glanced upwards, "Quick now, miss, if that's what I suspect it is, you're holding a mighty weapon in your hands. What's in the bag?"

Rosa turned towards you still looking rather confused.
"Ehm...your apprentice Sir? I don't understand..."
She muttered.
"There was a woman here, she looked like she might be sixty or something with blond hair turning gray, she was wearing a long dress, and had several piercings and a tattoo on her arm, she asked me to bring you these items...I...I don't know what is in the bag, she only said that Miss Adlebloom would be very cross with her when she followed her on her path and she heard where she had traveled, she also said she was missing you but did not dare to speak with you directly for fear of saying something she should not...she said to tell you her tattoo was a gift from you went she had finally been able to give blood she did it because Miss Adlebloom was about to give birth to the twins and she and Miss Adlebloom have the same blood type...I just do not understand all of this information...I..."
Rosa quickly handed you the bag which felt heavy and the glass scale, it was perfect, beautiful and looked like it ad grown on a great beast even if it was glass.
"Ehm...she also said these things might save the Chantry I...ehm...what is going on Sir?"
The apprentice said when she was done giving you all the jumbled bits of information she had.

Nodding in agreement Serge said, "Sure thing let's go." and followed behind Adley and his mage shield.

Adley and Serge you got to the first floor after the group that Nicole is in and before Colin, you get that nasty, wrong feeling from the top floors that just told you that something was not right. You see a young, brown haired man and an Italian with black hair come running they had felt the presence as well, Adley would off course recognize Arn Woodhouse and Antonio Riez.
"What in the world is going on?"
Antonio asked, he grabbed his notebook tightly.
"Are we under attack Sodalis?"
He said as he gave the newcomer a bit of a curious look but there where no time to ask who Serge was right now.

'If you're sure.' Nicole replied, moving to accept the weapon. If it's handed over, she'll quickly check the clip, to see how many rounds she'll have to play with. 'Got any extra clips?' she'll ask.

Francesca nodded and handed you the weapon, it seamed two rounds had been fired but the other bullets where there.
"Yeah one...it have been enchanted though back at Morningstar...ehm...yeah that is probably not a reference you will...another allied Chantry, they fire just as well though the damage is more...permanent...and less easy to heal."
She said and handed you a spare clip she had in her teddy bear purse.

'Let's go... oh, and will anybody overly mind if they're not in a state to talk afterwards?'

"That depends on who they are but as a general rule no the safety of the Chantry comes first."
Adjan said as your group hurried up the stairs, then at a second flight of stairs you started hearing some horrid sounds, chanting and a woman screaming.
"Shit!"
Francesca muttered.

Getting to the landing on the third floor you see Chief Morgan, blood gushing down one arm stand there muttering something about Ignem and tossing an impressive looking fireball into one of the bedrooms the hallway connected to. A very round woman with flowing colorful clothes and allot of bangles on her thick arms where trying to direct a group of scared mages on where to go...
"We must back up our commander my brave knights!"
She declared so there might be a ehm...communication error somewhere.
"Mr Rush take those least experienced with fighting with you down to the cafeteria...Mr Darehill can you perhaps make the bloody critters react slower?"
The Chief ordered and a short, sharp eyed young man begun to herd some of the mages out of the corridor hardly looking at your group as he went while someone who looked a bit like a rocker mixed with a hippie nodded and put some head phones in his ears and started listening to music. The corridor was filled with screams and shouts and from inside the room a woman where screaming in terror.

(OOC: I think it is Mind 1 it is in 2 edition at least and how long a spell last depend on successes yes you will put successes in durability and in effect so you can have a short lived but strong shield or a weak but long lasting one for example depending on how you decide to use your successes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:12 pm

With a nod, slipped the extra clip into her pocket, sheathed the blade and followed their small band, taking up the rear. Sixteen rounds... she was going to need to make each one count.

On arrival on the third floor, Nicole spun around, looking for targets. This was a serious issue. The members of the Chantry knew each other by sight, and so would be able to ID the attackers. She was unknown to them, so may be attacked herself as an intruder. Unfortunately, the enemy would know she wasn't one of them, so would attack...

'Need you to ID targets.' she stated, turning to Adjan. 'I'll be at your side, call out when it's something to shoot.'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:23 pm

"Is that so? Well one might wonder what makes a whole House of magi want to become vampires but I guess that is all in the past...as for being an Orphan I have never had anything against those with no Mentors or Traditions, not all of us have had the luck of finding a teacher and most Orphans get by magickally quite well it seams."
Siege muttered and shrugged.
Colin nodded, "In the words of The Beatles, I get by with a little help from my friends... and while there are... survivors from the Fall of Tremere, yes, it's a tragedy well in the past."

"Perhaps...for it is a very strange thing that you are."
Engrave said as he worked, not meaning any offense he just spoke the truth as he saw it.
He nodded, "Everything is strange from another perspective."

"There is little hospitality for our kind and I suspect the same is true for all supernatural Sir so yes we all have to try to find a way to survive, and no unless a vampire loose control no one would be stupid enough to leave a trail of bloodless bodies...at least not many would."
Karl said and frowned then he raised a eyebrow.
"A mage child bride?"
He frowned, "He bartered with the Nephandi to get the nine-year-old daughter of a resident here as a child bride... We managed to rescue her unharmed and sent a fair warning to the little shit about getting involved in the war between Magi. He decided to double down. As a consequence, we will have to end him. And smooth things over with Prince Lodin, if necessary; our grievance is with Nicolai and Nicolai alone."

"I have seen that yes...hum...not a plesant fate..."
Karl muttered darkly.
He shook his head, "No... I hope his trial comes quicker than the despair, so the two can be... reunited before the end."

"That is quite amazing I have heard about some Tremere being able to do things like that...but yeah it is still quite amazing, I assume that is how Karl came here over from Chicago as well?"
Lenoe asked and his eyes went wide, Karl though where already sleeping and where not responding.
He nodded, "Essentially, yes."

Ty nodded at that.
"Off course, and you stay safe as well Mr Wainwright."
He sighed, looking down at his bare left arm and leg, "Safe doesn't seem likely these days... I'll settle for mostly intact."

Rosa turned towards you still looking rather confused.
"Ehm...your apprentice Sir? I don't understand..."
She muttered.
"There was a woman here, she looked like she might be sixty or something with blond hair turning gray, she was wearing a long dress, and had several piercings and a tattoo on her arm, she asked me to bring you these items...I...I don't know what is in the bag, she only said that Miss Adlebloom would be very cross with her when she followed her on her path and she heard where she had traveled, she also said she was missing you but did not dare to speak with you directly for fear of saying something she should not...she said to tell you her tattoo was a gift from you went she had finally been able to give blood she did it because Miss Adlebloom was about to give birth to the twins and she and Miss Adlebloom have the same blood type...I just do not understand all of this information...I..."
Rosa quickly handed you the bag which felt heavy and the glass scale, it was perfect, beautiful and looked like it ad grown on a great beast even if it was glass.
"Ehm...she also said these things might save the Chantry I...ehm...what is going on Sir?"
The apprentice said when she was done giving you all the jumbled bits of information she had.
He grinned, "God, I'm proud of that wonderful, wonderful girl... Anna crossed at least fifty years backwards to the timestream to help me out in a crisis; this might yet prove that she's worth trusting to the Deacon Council, too..."
He accepted the bag and the scale, "This is beautiful - she really managed to restore her great, blue glass dragon, too... Ah, you'll get to meet her for the first time again soon enough; she's a brilliant girl, really. Hum. let's see what's in the bag; I'm guessing it's a lot of sand... As for what's going on, the Fallen are breaking and entering, and I'm on my way upstairs to help stop them."

((OOC: Okay, now I know what the motto for Colin's house will be... "Magus Ex Machina" Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:57 am

Adley and Serge you got to the first floor after the group that Nicole is in and before Colin, you get that nasty, wrong feeling from the top floors that just told you that something was not right.

Serge clutched his chest as he felt that evil feeling. "You feel that too, right?" Serge asked Adley as he hurried beside him.

You see a young, brown haired man and an Italian with black hair come running they had felt the presence as well, Adley would off course recognize Arn Woodhouse and Antonio Riez.
"What in the world is going on?"
Antonio asked, he grabbed his notebook tightly.
"Are we under attack Sodalis?"
He said as he gave the newcomer a bit of a curious look but there where no time to ask who Serge was right now.

"Yes, yes we are. Their's too many details to get into right now. We've taken care of the trouble in the basement but the Nephandi probably have more up their sleeves. Our wards have been decayed and portals are being opened and people might be taken. Have you guys seen or heard anything strange going on?" Serge said quickly trying to list off everything that needed to be said.

(OOC: Thanks. I don't think Serge has the time for an extended roll so I may need to hold off on that mind shield.)
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:22 am

Nicole:

Adjan nods to you as you near the room with all the screaming.
"I will do so, all of the ones in the hallway here are members of the Chantry at least, i suspect whatever is attacking us have not yet made it out of Miss Larson's room."
The Euthanathos said as he hurried down the hallway.
"Should we send Andrew and Miss Day with the other non combatants going to the cafeteria?"
Asked Francesca and Helga nodded.

Suddenly something slid out of the room with all the screaming, at least this was not hard to mark as a target for it was a oil slick, black humanoid mass, you could sort of see the outline of a head, arms and legs but there where no features and it was a shade of black so dark it looked like a man shaped hole into nothingness. The thing reached out towards a dark haired woman and she screamed as it touched her, burns appearing on her flesh. Adjan frowned and took aim.
"You wanted me to point out targets Miss, well that thing there you can shoot!"
He commented.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "In the words of The Beatles, I get by with a little help from my friends... and while there are... survivors from the Fall of Tremere, yes, it's a tragedy well in the past."

Siege just nodded at that.

He nodded, "Everything is strange from another perspective."

"What is another perspective? Everything is what it is and it is perfectly so."
Engrave said sounding puzzled as he was still writing on the walls of the basement.

He frowned, "He bartered with the Nephandi to get the nine-year-old daughter of a resident here as a child bride... We managed to rescue her unharmed and sent a fair warning to the little shit about getting involved in the war between Magi. He decided to double down. As a consequence, we will have to end him. And smooth things over with Prince Lodin, if necessary; our grievance is with Nicolai and Nicolai alone."

"Smoothing things over with Lodin is not the easiest thing to do Mr Wainwright, the man is a tyrant and even if he is not to fond of Nicolai he will not be pleased that one of the most powerful of our kind in the city gets killed by someone from an outside group, that could be trouble."
Karl warned and he frowned.
"But I certainly can see how the little shit have earned your ire."

He shook his head, "No... I hope his trial comes quicker than the despair, so the two can be... reunited before the end."

Karl nodded at that.
"He will be executed then?"

He nodded, "Essentially, yes."

Lenoe's eyes widened a little and he nodded.

He sighed, looking down at his bare left arm and leg, "Safe doesn't seem likely these days... I'll settle for mostly intact."

"Well if not safe then try not to get yourself killed at least."
Ty said and grinned.
"No things have been rather unusual around here lately that is for sure."

He grinned, "God, I'm proud of that wonderful, wonderful girl... Anna crossed at least fifty years backwards to the timestream to help me out in a crisis; this might yet prove that she's worth trusting to the Deacon Council, too..."

The young Cultist looked at you rather confused.
"I do not understand Sir...this woman is named Anna? Who is she? Come to think about it she said she knew me that we where friends but I have never seen her before in my life."

He accepted the bag and the scale, "This is beautiful - she really managed to restore her great, blue glass dragon, too... Ah, you'll get to meet her for the first time again soon enough; she's a brilliant girl, really.

Rosa looked like a question mark.
"Forgive me for saying so Sir but you talk like my Mentor."
She commented. Holding the scale it felt...powerful in a way like if it was part of something greater and even without examining it to closely it was clear that it was magickal.

Hum. let's see what's in the bag; I'm guessing it's a lot of sand... As for what's going on, the Fallen are breaking and entering, and I'm on my way upstairs to help stop them."

"Well that is quite rude of them...what can I do to help Sir?"
Rosa asked now suddenly anxious and deciding her questions about the mysterious woman could wait until the unwelcome house guests had been shown the door. The bag contained allot of perfect, white sand, and several rounds for a gun.

Serge:

"Yes, yes we are. Their's too many details to get into right now. We've taken care of the trouble in the basement but the Nephandi probably have more up their sleeves. Our wards have been decayed and portals are being opened and people might be taken. Have you guys seen or heard anything strange going on?" Serge said quickly trying to list off everything that needed to be said.

"Yes I have lost contact wit the lesser Umbrood I have guarding my room, his name have become unreadable in my notes."
The Italian looking man said in a precise, crisp tone of voice.
"And a group of our least combat worthy members where sent through to the cafeteria to hide a little while ago."
He added he looked like he wanted to ask who you where but decided there where no time.
"We should get up there and help then."
He said while the younger man beside him remained silent for now.

(OOC: I would say that no there is no time for an extended roll but if he can manage to get two successes he will have some protection for oh let us say twenty minutes or so at least and that he can do scribbeling while heading upstairs.)

(OOC 2: Lol yes however if that is taken to literary then Virtual Adepts are more likely to be mages in machines. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:15 am

"What is another perspective? Everything is what it is and it is perfectly so."
Engrave said sounding puzzled as he was still writing on the walls of the basement.
Colin sighed, "Not so for incarnate beings, with the gift of impermanence and change..."

"Smoothing things over with Lodin is not the easiest thing to do Mr Wainwright, the man is a tyrant and even if he is not to fond of Nicolai he will not be pleased that one of the most powerful of our kind in the city gets killed by someone from an outside group, that could be trouble."
Karl warned and he frowned.
"But I certainly can see how the little shit have earned your ire."
He nodded, "Nevertheless, informing him that the Fallen attempted to steal power from his property in a manner that could have brought the Technocracy knocking on his window with modern rocketry... Let's just say Nicolai endangered everything the Prince holds dear."

Karl nodded at that.
"He will be executed then?"
He frowned, "The law has... not done that man any favours. Nor is it likely to do so in the future..."

"Well if not safe then try not to get yourself killed at least."
Ty said and grinned.
"No things have been rather unusual around here lately that is for sure."
He grinned back, "If I were to get killed, miss Adelbloom would outright murder me..."

The young Cultist looked at you rather confused.
"I do not understand Sir...this woman is named Anna? Who is she? Come to think about it she said she knew me that we where friends but I have never seen her before in my life."
He nodded, "Yes, I suppose the two of you might hit it off... My apprentice, but just visiting from the future. Anna's presently in Chicago, resting before I can bring her here. You'll meet once the crisis is over."

Rosa looked like a question mark.
"Forgive me for saying so Sir but you talk like my Mentor."
She commented. Holding the scale it felt...powerful in a way like if it was part of something greater and even without examining it to closely it was clear that it was magickal.
He grinned wryly, "I've been made early Adept of Time, because my future self is meddling in the present, and even the past, providing information and crucial tools to save the day... to save key individuals who will provide me with said information in the future, so I could save them in the past. It gets complicated, and perhaps you will understand some day, but for now... God, this is beautiful."

"Well that is quite rude of them...what can I do to help Sir?"
Rosa asked now suddenly anxious and deciding her questions about the mysterious woman could wait until the unwelcome house guests had been shown the door. The bag contained allot of perfect, white sand, and several rounds for a gun.
His eyes widened briefly, then he pocketed the tass again and fished out his monocles, slipping the Prime-aspected one into place with a quick "Magia spectare!"
Then he quickly checked the ammunition over and loaded it into a magazine, "If you would hold the bag for me for a few moments while I load up... and if you would, pick up a pinch of the sand in your hand, see what it feels like? It should be anathema to the Fallen; it represents the full and glorious restoration of a Fallen Avatar back to its proper state."

((OOC: Arete roll: 4,8,9. Colin should see at least some of what's up with that ammunition before slapping it into the gun. Razz ))

((OOC: Or more likely, mages at machines. But really, a House of Negotiators, literally showing up out of the future to set things right? It would confuse the hell out of Old Man Winkle. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:21 am

"Yes I have lost contact wit the lesser Umbrood I have guarding my room, his name have become unreadable in my notes."
The Italian looking man said in a precise, crisp tone of voice.

"That makes sense. From what we understand, those portals might be connected to the umbra and the Nephandi are going to use them to take what they want. And what the Nephandi want right now is Lisa Larson's daughter, among ." Serge said remembering what Kyle had told them.

"And a group of our least combat worthy members where sent through to the cafeteria to hide a little while ago."
He added he looked like he wanted to ask who you where but decided there where no time.
"We should get up there and help then."
He said while the younger man beside him remained silent for now.

"Yeah they can use all the help they can get." Serge said wanting to waste no time. As he talked Serge finished up his drawing for his mind shield, placing the last pencil stroke onto the page and invoking his magic into it.

(OOC: Ok let's see if I can get this quick Mind Shield to work. Arete Roll: 2, 9, 5.

Not sure if it worked but in case it did I should probably ask. Does Serge need to maintain active concentration to keep the shield up? If he tried to cast another spell will the shield effect end?)

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:24 am

Anja's Post:
Adjan nods to you as you near the room with all the screaming.
"I will do so, all of the ones in the hallway here are members of the Chantry at least, i suspect whatever is attacking us have not yet made it out of Miss Larson's room."
The Euthanathos said as he hurried down the hallway.
"Should we send Andrew and Miss Day with the other non combatants going to the cafeteria?"
Asked Francesca and Helga nodded.

Suddenly something slid out of the room with all the screaming, at least this was not hard to mark as a target for it was a oil slick, black humanoid mass, you could sort of see the outline of a head, arms and legs but there where no features and it was a shade of black so dark it looked like a man shaped hole into nothingness. The thing reached out towards a dark haired woman and she screamed as it touched her, burns appearing on her flesh. Adjan frowned and took aim.
"You wanted me to point out targets Miss, well that thing there you can shoot!"
He commented.

Nicole followed suit, aiming the weapon like she did at the Fallen right at the... thing's head. Carefully paying attention to the result; last thing they needed was to be fighting some stupid oil slick like the one out of Star Trek...
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:23 am

Colin:

Colin sighed, "Not so for incarnate beings, with the gift of impermanence and change..."

"What is change?"
Engrave asked.
"I do not understand."

He nodded, "Nevertheless, informing him that the Fallen attempted to steal power from his property in a manner that could have brought the Technocracy knocking on his window with modern rocketry... Let's just say Nicolai endangered everything the Prince holds dear."

"What are the Technocracy? And why should the Prince fear them?"
Karl asked and he looked rather confused.
"You can try to explain things for Lodin but I still do not think he would take well to you taking out Nicolai, he might decide to move against the kid himself but for a outsider doing so that is something else..."

He frowned, "The law has... not done that man any favours. Nor is it likely to do so in the future..."

"I see, well I guess he is to dangerous to let live."
Karl muttered and glanced out the door at Siege.

He grinned back, "If I were to get killed, miss Adelbloom would outright murder me..."

"Miss Adlebloom why would she?"
Ty begun then he caught on and smiled.
"Ahhh...congratulations to you both then..."

He nodded, "Yes, I suppose the two of you might hit it off... My apprentice, but just visiting from the future. Anna's presently in Chicago, resting before I can bring her here. You'll meet once the crisis is over."

"So that woman was your apprentice long into the future...ok...that is not stranger than some of the other stuff I have learned about the last month."
The newly Awakened mage muttered.
"I look forward to meeting her then."

He grinned wryly, "I've been made early Adept of Time, because my future self is meddling in the present, and even the past, providing information and crucial tools to save the day... to save key individuals who will provide me with said information in the future, so I could save them in the past. It gets complicated, and perhaps you will understand some day, but for now... God, this is beautiful."

"Congratulations Sir."
Rosa said she still looked confused.
"Yeah I can not say I fully understand, not yet at least."

His eyes widened briefly, then he pocketed the tass again

"Yeah I agree it is beautiful Sir."
Rosa said about the glass scale.

and fished out his monocles, slipping the Prime-aspected one into place with a quick "Magia spectare!"
Then he quickly checked the ammunition over and loaded it into a magazine,

It was hard to say what the bullets where exactly but they seamed to have the same Resonance as the sand, it was possible they where filled with the sand or glass made from it.

"If you would hold the bag for me for a few moments while I load up... and if you would, pick up a pinch of the sand in your hand, see what it feels like? It should be anathema to the Fallen; it represents the full and glorious restoration of a Fallen Avatar back to its proper state."

Rosa nodded and she took the bag and picked up a pinch of sand.
"It feels warm, like beach sand when i was a kid, when a day at the beach where just perfect."
The Cultist muttered.
"Are you saying an Avatar made this Sir?"
She asked with wonder in her eyes.

Serge:

"That makes sense. From what we understand, those portals might be connected to the umbra and the Nephandi are going to use them to take what they want. And what the Nephandi want right now is Lisa Larson's daughter, among ." Serge said remembering what Kyle had told them.

"Damn...very well we are going to have to get up there and make sure the Nephandi do not get what they want then...excuse me young man but I do not know you while introductions are going to have to avoid, may I ask what your capabilities are so I know what we have of resources for the fight?"
Antonio said and he looked quite worried.
"I sure hope my student is ok in all of this..."

"Yeah they can use all the help they can get." Serge said wanting to waste no time. As he talked Serge finished up his drawing for his mind shield, placing the last pencil stroke onto the page and invoking his magic into it.

You worked your magick and you felt...stronger somehow, as if your mind was more yours, it was a new kind of focus, it might not be the best for when you where drawing as inspiration did not flow as freely but you did feel protected.

Nicole:

Nicole followed suit, aiming the weapon like she did at the Fallen right at the... thing's head. Carefully paying attention to the result; last thing they needed was to be fighting some stupid oil slick like the one out of Star Trek...

You hit the creature in the head, and the oil like head sort of melted, that did not seam to stop the thing though as it made this uncomfortable high pitched hiss and a long rope of oil shot out from it's torso and tried to hit you in the guts.

(OOC: Latin grammar is not my strong suit but is not ex actually from so it would be mages from machines in either case yeah Colin's future self and friends do seam to have a tendency to show up out of nowhere to offer aid so it would fit.)

(OOC 2: Yeah that will do it Serge have a mind shield, not the strongest but better than nothing, as to whatever or not he needs to concentrate, that really depends on his Paradigm. Kristina for example just put a few crystals in a place with intention and leave them to do their job and she can hold a conversation while working blood magick. Adley can not do that he have to have full focus on his magick, but one a spell is up it is up, another mage might need consentant consentration so it is up to you how do you think Serge would see it?"

(OOC 3: We should let Strife respond before moving them up to where the battle is taking place.)

(OOC 4: I did not post all the rolling back and forth for aiming, damage and soaking but Nicole did 3 lethal on the thing, let me know what she want to do about it's counter attack.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top