Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Warpmind on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:36 pm

"Well I am not going to pretend I am not confused by what you are saying Sir but I have been working for mages for several years now so I have learned to take insanity in stride, if you will excuse me saying so."
Mona said and raised and eyebrow.
Colin nodded, "Quite alright. It takes some effort to accept the concept of time being nonlinear and malleable... And it's dangerous to meddle too much with it, as well."

"My Mom will be ok with it, she is pretty nice that way but my Dad no he will not be happy. For Chief Morgan I do not really know him well enough to say but he seams like he can be stern at times so...not telling him that I like Danielle...is probably a good idea."
Kyle said and he blushed again he always did when talking about the ghost girl.
He chuckled, "I think it'll be safe to tell Chief Morgan that she's a close friend... but you might want to cultivate a little ambiguity."

"I am sure I can keep him company, he was not done telling me how the game he is playing works."
Freddy said and she walked over to Kyle and sat down next to him she was smiling but you could see that she was concerned.
He nodded, "Good... See you in a bit."

"An MRI will give better pictures so yes I was thinking that would be a good idea and as long as he is not worried about the machine itself and being inside of it he should be fine, the best result we will get if I give him a sedative and restrain his head while the scan is done, but he might be to nervous to allow that now. In either case the MRI should give decent images...and yes standing on his foot right now will cause some discomfort so we might as well put him in a wheelchair, make sure he do not experience more discomfort than need be."
Richard said and nodded.
He nodded, "He needs a little rest and distraction - getting the catheter into place took a lot out of him. Sedation along with the contrast fluid is probably going to be the best approach."

"There are some buildup yes and it is...pressing on a vein near one of her scars...I can't believe I never saw it before but without whatever you put in the contrast the residue is completely invisible."
The Akashic said and he frowned,
"If that build up pierce that vein...well you know enough about anatomy to know what would happen I will put Master Nassa on alert but as this is Primium we are talking about, he might not be able to save her in time."
The doctor muttered as he lead you down the hallway.
"And removing it without at least some brain damage...is not going to be easy. I have not told Freddy this yet but I guess she did read my expression..."
He nodded, "When she said she'd been on the serum for weeks, I expected as much... the safety limit is three days. I think a very skilled teleporter with good medical understanding might be able to separate Freddy from the Primium with some elaborate working excluding the volume occupied by the metal particles... it would be exceedingly difficult, though. And Freddy is perceptive; her vision might not have recovered yet, but all the same, she'll likely have sensed your reaction to the scans."
He sighed, "As for the nature of the catalyst, I'll explain later - but it's a fairly rare commodity, and I can't allow you to keep any of it, I'm afraid. My source would never forgive me."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:09 pm

Colin nodded, "Quite alright. It takes some effort to accept the concept of time being nonlinear and malleable... And it's dangerous to meddle too much with it, as well."

"I guess you are right Sir, both that it is dangerous and that it is something it takes some time to wrap one's head around it. I accept that it is the way it is though and that there might be information you have gained from the future that it is worth acting on."
The nurse said as she worked with the contrast agent.

He chuckled, "I think it'll be safe to tell Chief Morgan that she's a close friend... but you might want to cultivate a little ambiguity."

"What do ambiguity mean Sir?"
The boy asked.
"But yeah i will tell Master Morgan that Danielle is my friend, and she is I mean I ehm have not asked her to go on a date or anything...I might though when I build up enough courage and she is so cute and smart and ehm...what where I saying again?"
Kyle said and he turned beet red again.

He nodded, "Good... See you in a bit."

Freddy nodded at that.
"Yeah...see you in fifteen, twenty minutes or so."
She said and gave you a wave of her hand as you left.

He nodded, "He needs a little rest and distraction - getting the catheter into place took a lot out of him. Sedation along with the contrast fluid is probably going to be the best approach."

"Yes he was quite hard to find a usable vein, I feel bad for the kid five attempts with a 20 gauge IV needle in the foot is not comfortable so yes I would recommend he get some rest, the question is if I should add the sedative without telling him, let him think he fell asleep naturally from exhaustion and avoid him potentially freaking out over it or if we should ask him permission."
Richard said and frowned.
"I could get those samples the Chief wanted while he is sedated as well."

He nodded, "When she said she'd been on the serum for weeks, I expected as much... the safety limit is three days. I think a very skilled teleporter with good medical understanding might be able to separate Freddy from the Primium with some elaborate working excluding the volume occupied by the metal particles... it would be exceedingly difficult, though.

"That is possible...but it would be rater dangerous and difficult but the Primium have to come out somehow and finding a skilled teleporter might be the best way to do it unless...hum..."
Richard said and he seamed to be considering something.
"I wonder if it is any way to get the residue to move to where it can be removed in a safer way."

And Freddy is perceptive; her vision might not have recovered yet, but all the same, she'll likely have sensed your reaction to the scans."
He sighed,

The Akashic nodded.
"Agree she probably noticed my reaction. I wish I had not worried her though but the situation is serious Colin, very serious...do you know if she have family? Sleeper and magickal?"
He muttered sadly.

"As for the nature of the catalyst, I'll explain later - but it's a fairly rare commodity, and I can't allow you to keep any of it, I'm afraid. My source would never forgive me."

"Understandable...I am wondering about that catalyst though...hum...no not yet I need to study the scans of you and Kyle first to be able to even properly formulate what I am thinking about..."
He said as he led you into the room where the CT machine stood.
"Ok if you make sure you have removed all metal and lay down we can get this thing done."
He said and indicated the machine.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:28 pm

"You are probably right Mr Roth Hicks...hum I might ask Miss Day to keep an eye of Jane." The Chorister said as she pulled her phone out, put her glasses on and got ready to send the Hollower a message.

"Pardon for interrupting," he said, putting a hand out towards the phone with a wave as she went to use it. "Be careful what you say over the phones right now; we have reason to suspect they are being tampered with by a spirit that affects these communications. Such is being looked into, but until then be aware we could be spied upon."

"That is a good idea actually, let me go talk with her for a moment." Hildagard said as she stood and put her phone and glasses away and then walked over to Rosa to ask her to babysit.

"Or both of them, but yes," he nodded. "As long as her mentor would not mind of course."

// lol that's quite the inheritance xD
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:40 pm

"Pardon for interrupting," he said, putting a hand out towards the phone with a wave as she went to use it. "Be careful what you say over the phones right now; we have reason to suspect they are being tampered with by a spirit that affects these communications. Such is being looked into, but until then be aware we could be spied upon."

Hildegard nodded.
"I was warned Mr Roth Hicks, but I was only going to call Miss Day and ask her to babysit, I am sure that if this spirit find out that someone is babysitting at the Chantry however very well I can ask Miss Olsen who is right here in the common room and so I do not need to use my phone if that makes you feel better about it."
The Chorister said sharply.

"Or both of them, but yes," he nodded. "As long as her mentor would not mind of course."

"I doubt Ryan will mind, I will thank him for the help his apprentice provides later."
Hildegard said and she walked over to the young Cultist, spoke with her a few moments and then Rosa nodded and she took Jane with her out of the room. Hildegard returned to you.
"Thank you for your concern for my student's safety Mr Roth Hicks, now can you please tell me what this is all about?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm

Anja's Post:
"The Syndicate might very well have bought stock and cashed in once the movie was out, once the damage was done they might as well profit from it, however the Syndricate would not want something that skirt the truth so closely out there that would not benefit them at all."
Narim said and shook his head.
"It could be a misdirection tactic but I doubt it, that movie have lead so many young Virtual Adepts to Awakening and others to questioning the world around them, it would seam odd for the Union to risk that just to play a game of misdirection with the sleepers."
He mushed then he looked down at his phone.
"She is heading West though she is getting somewhat hard to track, the girl is good, I wonder if she practice technomagick."
He said and frowned.

'Correction; the film led to Awakenings of several who ended up becoming Adepts.' Nicole replied. 'Bet the Union got a fair few into their ranks from it too. And we both know how it works; it could have very easily been a fucker from Iteration X at my door to make the pitch about Science than an Etherite.' A small glance at Narim for a second before continuing

'Anyhow, it could all be a "Wormhole X-Treme" pitch. Make a fictional work which contains just enough truth, so when real stuff leaks to the Mundies they simply laugh it off.'

'Well, she might be a technomancer. Not like we're immune from it, is it?' following the directions.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:57 pm

"Hum...yes I suppose they did get a few, I still doubt they would have wanted that kind of influence out there but I know what you mean for many of us with a more technological bent could have ended up with the Union if things had gone differently..."
Narim muttered.
"Then again if another mage had found me as a kid, I could have been of another Tradition, I could have ended up a Chorister, or perhaps even a Hermetic if things had gone differently. My mother was a Euthanathos so had she lived she might have trained me."
The Virtual Adept said sadly and glanced out the window for a moment.

"You do have a point about that...and yeah I remember that episode though I have never had much time to watch TV."
Narim said and smiled a little.
"Well it is speculation in either case."

"We are not immune from it no...hum...take to the left here please Miss..."
Narim said.
"I do wonder what that woman is doing here."
He muttered partly to himself.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:00 pm

"Chances are she will know her mother's face the best."
Adjan said as he got back to the Chief's office but there was no one to answer the door when he knocked.
"I suppose we wait here for a bit then Mr Yager...do you know what all of this is about?"
He finally asked.

"No idea. Mr. Roth Hicks just asked me to bring you to the security chief's office. He didn't say for what and he look like he was in a hurry." Serge said once again wondering what was going on.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:02 pm

Hildegard nodded. "I was warned Mr Roth Hicks, but I was only going to call Miss Day and ask her to babysit, I am sure that if this spirit find out that someone is babysitting at the Chantry however very well I can ask Miss Olsen who is right here in the common room and so I do not need to use my phone if that makes you feel better about it."

He put up his hands. "Pardon, I wasn't sure if you had heard, ma'am. It is, of course, your choice." Considering he'd seen a kid used for a dark ritual, one stolen for a vampire's 'bride', another two turned into a caul, he did in fact seem to feel better about keeping her whereabouts closer than usual and having her watched over by someone older but knew better than to say anything else to Hildegaard outright.

"I doubt Ryan will mind, I will thank him for the help his apprentice provides later." Hildegard said and she walked over to the young Cultist, spoke with her a few moments and then Rosa nodded and she took Jane with her out of the room. Hildegard returned to you. "Thank you for your concern for my student's safety Mr Roth Hicks, now can you please tell me what this is all about?"

"Thank you," he said to her and nodded to Arn as well. "If we can go to the Security Office, we will be meeting there and we can get the details together...this is for a backup team in case some of ours run into some trouble so if you need anything for a potential battle then it's best to get it now," he said, waiting for the others.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:26 pm

"I guess you are right Sir, both that it is dangerous and that it is something it takes some time to wrap one's head around it. I accept that it is the way it is though and that there might be information you have gained from the future that it is worth acting on."
The nurse said as she worked with the contrast agent.
Colin nodded, "It is odd to remember future events that I must try to make sure never come to pass... but yes, that is the way it is."

"What do ambiguity mean Sir?"
The boy asked.
"But yeah i will tell Master Morgan that Danielle is my friend, and she is I mean I ehm have not asked her to go on a date or anything...I might though when I build up enough courage and she is so cute and smart and ehm...what where I saying again?"
Kyle said and he turned beet red again.
He smiled thinly, "It's when a statement could be interpreted at least two different ways with roughly equal likelihood of being correct without additional information. For example, if I were to state that I am not the only friend you have in the whole world, that is ambiguous in that I could mean either that I am not your friend, or that you have many friends besides me. Obviously, we both know that the latter is the case here, but without that knowledge, the statement would be ambiguous."
He grinned, "And you were apparently getting lost in thoughts about Danielle again. Methinks you are quite smitten."

"Yes he was quite hard to find a usable vein, I feel bad for the kid five attempts with a 20 gauge IV needle in the foot is not comfortable so yes I would recommend he get some rest, the question is if I should add the sedative without telling him, let him think he fell asleep naturally from exhaustion and avoid him potentially freaking out over it or if we should ask him permission."
Richard said and frowned.
"I could get those samples the Chief wanted while he is sedated as well."
He frowned, "I think we should inform him about the sedation - he already accepted that that would be necessary in case we needed the head frame. Sneaking it in might prevent him from freaking out immediately, but it could lead to trust issues down the road - and I don't think Chief Morgan would approve of that."

"That is possible...but it would be rater dangerous and difficult but the Primium have to come out somehow and finding a skilled teleporter might be the best way to do it unless...hum..."
Richard said and he seamed to be considering something.
"I wonder if it is any way to get the residue to move to where it can be removed in a safer way."
He scratched his cheek - how had he grown so much stubble already? - and frowned, "It would be dangerous and difficult; Primium is a tricky material. But if you can come up with a safe way to move it to a more accessible location, by all means, speak up."

The Akashic nodded.
"Agree she probably noticed my reaction. I wish I had not worried her though but the situation is serious Colin, very serious...do you know if she have family? Sleeper and magickal?"
He muttered sadly.
He nodded, "I don't know about Sleeper family, but her closest magical relative would be her uncle, Master Hans Harris of Morningstar Chantry in Chicago. I have faith she will be fine, though... She'll have to be."

"Understandable...I am wondering about that catalyst though...hum...no not yet I need to study the scans of you and Kyle first to be able to even properly formulate what I am thinking about..."
He said as he led you into the room where the CT machine stood.
"Ok if you make sure you have removed all metal and lay down we can get this thing done."
He said and indicated the machine.
He nodded and hesitated as he lay the pen case on a nearby table, a bit away from the machine, but still within line of sight, "Will the fly of my trousers be a problem? Aside from that, I left everything in my jacket with the others."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:17 pm

Serge:

"No idea. Mr. Roth Hicks just asked me to bring you to the security chief's office. He didn't say for what and he look like he was in a hurry." Serge said once again wondering what was going on.

"I see I do hope it is not another attack, if there is trouble through stay close Mr Yager an I will do my best to keep you safe until things can be sorted out."
Adjan said and he was suddenly more alert, his right hand resting on something under his coat.

Adley:

He put up his hands. "Pardon, I wasn't sure if you had heard, ma'am. It is, of course, your choice." Considering he'd seen a kid used for a dark ritual, one stolen for a vampire's 'bride', another two turned into a caul, he did in fact seem to feel better about keeping her whereabouts closer than usual and having her watched over by someone older but knew better than to say anything else to Hildegaard outright.

Hildegard sigh and shook her head.
"Off course...forgive me Mr Roth Hicks my reaction was a little harsh you are only thinking of Jane's safety and I appreciate that, I did not get much sleep last night and I have just come from...trying to deal with Mr Karyak, my temper is shorter than it should be."
The Chorister said apologetically.

"Thank you," he said to her and nodded to Arn as well. "If we can go to the Security Office, we will be meeting there and we can get the details together...this is for a backup team in case some of ours run into some trouble so if you need anything for a potential battle then it's best to get it now," he said, waiting for the others.

"I have what I need."
Arn said and he patted his side holster.
"I need little but my voice and my faith Mr Roth Hicks."
Hildegard said.
"Let us go to the security office."
She agreed and the two magi followed you to your Mentor's office, you saw Serge and Adjan waiting outside but Master Morgan himself did not appear to be back yet.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "It is odd to remember future events that I must try to make sure never come to pass... but yes, that is the way it is."

"I imagine headache pills are a part of your monthly budget Sir, however I assume these futures you try to change are bad outcomes and you have a chance to make it better with what you do."
Mona said and smiled.

He smiled thinly, "It's when a statement could be interpreted at least two different ways with roughly equal likelihood of being correct without additional information. For example, if I were to state that I am not the only friend you have in the whole world, that is ambiguous in that I could mean either that I am not your friend, or that you have many friends besides me. Obviously, we both know that the latter is the case here, but without that knowledge, the statement would be ambiguous."

Kyle considered that then he nodded.
"Yeah...I get it now, it is like if I said I did not eat all your cookies, it could mean I did not eat your cookies at all or I left you one?"
He asked then he smiled.
"Thanks Sir I will remember that, and also thanks for the friendship I have been moving around so much I don't really have many friends."

He grinned, "And you were apparently getting lost in thoughts about Danielle again. Methinks you are quite smitten."

Kyle blushed even more at that and he nodded.
"Yeah I...suppose that I am..."
He admitted and grinned a little.

He frowned, "I think we should inform him about the sedation - he already accepted that that would be necessary in case we needed the head frame. Sneaking it in might prevent him from freaking out immediately, but it could lead to trust issues down the road - and I don't think Chief Morgan would approve of that."

"You are probably right Colin, however after the difficulties in getting the IV placed the kid is nervous he might refuse sedation now even if he accepted it earlier...well I guess we are going to have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
Richard said and sigh.
"If nothing else bribery is a wonderful tool to get kids to comply with medical procedures."

He scratched his cheek - how had he grown so much stubble already? - and frowned, "It would be dangerous and difficult; Primium is a tricky material. But if you can come up with a safe way to move it to a more accessible location, by all means, speak up."

The Akashic robbed his fingers against his eyes for a moment.
"I noticed that the catalyst not only make the residue visible, the residue react to it ever slightly seams to be attracted to it...however I can not be sure without testing if this can be used. I am going to have to do some tests on someone who have been on the serum for a few days but not long enough for serious build up to form to be sure about my theories and that can be hard to find...I doubt Kyle will be very willing to undergo more tests...and doing medical testing on the prisoners fells...wrong..."

He nodded, "I don't know about Sleeper family, but her closest magical relative would be her uncle, Master Hans Harris of Morningstar Chantry in Chicago. I have faith she will be fine, though... She'll have to be."

"If my idea pan out I might be able to coax the residue out into the outer layers of her brain or into the spinal fluid itself, from which removing it will be far safer, however I would need a few drops of the catalyst and a willing test subject to make it work and the testing would be uncomfortable...failing that Master Sharaya is the apprentice of Master Dante, the Traditions have no finer teleporter or so I hear, perhaps he can get the Primium out without harming Freddy but even so...things can go wrong and quickly, if she did not have earlier brain damage perhaps the situation would not be this serious but her uncle should be contacted, tough I will do everything in my power to save her."
The Akashic said and he placed a comforting hand on your shoulder.
"Thank havens we discovered this now...if it had remained undiscovered for much longer..."

He nodded and hesitated as he lay the pen case on a nearby table, a bit away from the machine, but still within line of sight, "Will the fly of my trousers be a problem? Aside from that, I left everything in my jacket with the others."

"No it should be fine since we are scanning your head."
Richard said then he pointed to the window to the control room.
"I will be right out there with the tech performing the scan I assume you know the drill, I can hear you, this here is the emergency stop button if there is trouble, and other than that just lay as still as you can."
He said then he added.
"I will perform the rote on you now to protect your cells from radiation, with your permission off course?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:49 pm

Anja's Post:
"Hum...yes I suppose they did get a few, I still doubt they would have wanted that kind of influence out there but I know what you mean for many of us with a more technological bent could have ended up with the Union if things had gone differently..."
Narim muttered.
"Then again if another mage had found me as a kid, I could have been of another Tradition, I could have ended up a Chorister, or perhaps even a Hermetic if things had gone differently. My mother was a Euthanathos so had she lived she might have trained me."
The Virtual Adept said sadly and glanced out the window for a moment.

'That depends on how the Union sees the war - as in who the enemy really is.' Nicole countered. 'The Traditions? Or simply the mystic ones? They might be playing the long game here - thinking that more technomancers about in general is good. 'Specially if they think they'll be able to catch most of 'em.' On the clearly meaningful silence, Nicole said nothing.

Anja's Post:

"We are not immune from it no...hum...take to the left here please Miss..."
Narim said.
"I do wonder what that woman is doing here."
He muttered partly to himself.

'Woman... where?' she said curiously.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:01 pm

'That depends on how the Union sees the war - as in who the enemy really is.' Nicole countered. 'The Traditions? Or simply the mystic ones? They might be playing the long game here - thinking that more technomancers about in general is good. 'Specially if they think they'll be able to catch most of 'em.' On the clearly meaningful silence, Nicole said nothing.

"Eight hundred Adepts left the Union Miss, two hundred was left when we accepted the offer of amnesty presented by Dr Spence the Primus of the Sons of Ether, we lost six hundred members, each of them killed, captured or worse so no the Technocracy are no more happy about technomancers that do not fall in line with their ideals than anyone else if anything they hunt us more."
The Virtual Adept said angrily.
"It was before my time that my Tradition defected to the Traditions but the scars of what happened to those who was a part of that first wave runs deep."
He muttered bitterly.

"I was thinking Mattapan in general but specifically she appears to currently be at a diner named Josie's it appear our target are hungry, or she is waiting for back up or just hoping our trail will run cold so she can return home but in either case that is where she is."
Narim said as he glanced down at his phone.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:20 pm

Anja's Post:
"Eight hundred Adepts left the Union Miss, two hundred was left when we accepted the offer of amnesty presented by Dr Spence the Primus of the Sons of Ether, we lost six hundred members, each of them killed, captured or worse so no the Technocracy are no more happy about technomancers that do not fall in line with their ideals than anyone else if anything they hunt us more."
The Virtual Adept said angrily.
"It was before my time that my Tradition defected to the Traditions but the scars of what happened to those who was a part of that first wave runs deep."
He muttered bitterly.

Yeah... but that's different. From what I get, they hate the "mystics" because they're... what's the term?... well, not fitting into the plastic-fantastic vision of the world they have. They hate us 'cos it's personal.' tone and poise making it clear Nicole returned the favour. 'And I did say perhaps the Mirrorshades thought they'd be able to get most of the new technomancers popping up due to influences from movies and whatnot.'

Anja's Post:
Mattapan in general but specifically she appears to currently be at a diner named Josie's it appear our target are hungry, or she is waiting for back up or just hoping our trail will run cold so she can return home but in either case that is where she is."
Narim said as he glanced down at his phone.

'God... I could do with a bite right now.' she said with a sigh. 'If I continue to circle around the block, will you be able to keep tabs on her?'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:40 pm

Yeah... but that's different. From what I get, they hate the "mystics" because they're... what's the term?

"Is it Reality Deviant you think about? For they would put you and me in that box as well."
Narim said and sigh.
"Well originally the Technocracy then called the Order of Reason had a point with their existence they wanted to protect the sleepers from mages who often treated them fairly badly, vampires who fed upon them in the night and well the list is long. They wanted to take the power out of the hands of the supernatural and give it to the sleepers and to be honest that ideal is not to bad, but it got corrupted over time and now it seams the Union just want power and control and a static world devoid of anything they see as a threat, and that would include us."
He explained.

well, not fitting into the plastic-fantastic vision of the world they have. They hate us 'cos it's personal.' tone and poise making it clear Nicole returned the favour. 'And I did say perhaps the Mirrorshades thought they'd be able to get most of the new technomancers popping up due to influences from movies and whatnot.'

"The thing is The Matrix is ultimately abut challenging authority and looking part the boundaries of perception and examine the nature of reality itself two things the Union in general don't want. Even if they thought they could get some apprentices out of it I doubt they would take the chance of spreading such a message."
The Virtual Adept said then he shook his head.
"They hate us because they think us dangerous, we upset their notions of perfect order and that scare them."
He muttered clearly not to fond of the Union himself.

God... I could do with a bite right now.' she said with a sigh. 'If I continue to circle around the block, will you be able to keep tabs on her?'

"I have some pasta carbonara I never had the time to eat stored on my phone if you like, it should still be warm stored as data."
He said then he nodded.
"Yes I should be able to do so if you keep circling around the block yes. Master Morgan says he is putting together a team to come help us out now."
He informed you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:53 pm

"I imagine headache pills are a part of your monthly budget Sir, however I assume these futures you try to change are bad outcomes and you have a chance to make it better with what you do."
Mona said and smiled.
He smiled wryly, "Not part of my budget yet - but this only started this week. As for those futures... they were mostly good, but there were one or two specific bad things I'll want to avoid."

Kyle considered that then he nodded.
"Yeah...I get it now, it is like if I said I did not eat all your cookies, it could mean I did not eat your cookies at all or I left you one?"
He asked then he smiled.
"Thanks Sir I will remember that, and also thanks for the friendship I have been moving around so much I don't really have many friends."
He grinned, "You catch on quick. And I'll have to keep an eye on my cookie jar when we get home, I see."

"You are probably right Colin, however after the difficulties in getting the IV placed the kid is nervous he might refuse sedation now even if he accepted it earlier...well I guess we are going to have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
Richard said and sigh.
"If nothing else bribery is a wonderful tool to get kids to comply with medical procedures."
He nodded, "I have a few ideas for a good bribe, that shouldn't cause trouble with the Chief. If that proves necessary. He gave his word, and I trust he'll do his damn best to keep it."

The Akashic robbed his fingers against his eyes for a moment.
"I noticed that the catalyst not only make the residue visible, the residue react to it ever slightly seams to be attracted to it...however I can not be sure without testing if this can be used. I am going to have to do some tests on someone who have been on the serum for a few days but not long enough for serious build up to form to be sure about my theories and that can be hard to find...I doubt Kyle will be very willing to undergo more tests...and doing medical testing on the prisoners fells...wrong..."
He frowned, "Hum... that... I think I put a flask with a little of the serum in my pocket when I got changed after Chicago - we might test it in a microscope, actually - see if a drop of each interact in such a manner. If so, it might be strong support for your idea there. I only spent one day on the serum, but if you see the same behaviour in me, you should also see it in Kyle... and I will confer with my source about retaining the sample for experimental treatment. I can't guarantee approval, but I'd say chances are good all the same. I can say as much - there is a link between the serum and the... catalyst."

"If my idea pan out I might be able to coax the residue out into the outer layers of her brain or into the spinal fluid itself, from which removing it will be far safer, however I would need a few drops of the catalyst and a willing test subject to make it work and the testing would be uncomfortable...failing that Master Sharaya is the apprentice of Master Dante, the Traditions have no finer teleporter or so I hear, perhaps he can get the Primium out without harming Freddy but even so...things can go wrong and quickly, if she did not have earlier brain damage perhaps the situation would not be this serious but her uncle should be contacted, tough I will do everything in my power to save her."
The Akashic said and he placed a comforting hand on your shoulder.
"Thank havens we discovered this now...if it had remained undiscovered for much longer..."
He nodded, "Hum, getting this cleaned up might very well help her with the headaches and seizures, too... She's a tough woman, and I expect she'll become a Postulant at some point in the future; you'll have to take this up with her, though..."

"No it should be fine since we are scanning your head."
Richard said then he pointed to the window to the control room.
"I will be right out there with the tech performing the scan I assume you know the drill, I can hear you, this here is the emergency stop button if there is trouble, and other than that just lay as still as you can."
He said then he added.
"I will perform the rote on you now to protect your cells from radiation, with your permission off course?"
He nodded, lying back to get comfortable with the machine, "Go right ahead - will that protection hold until Kyle is rolled into the MRI scanner, though? Because that was really the one that was of the greatest concern, when I sit down next to him in the room..."
He took a few deep, slow breaths, then lay as still as he could, breathing minimally, "Ready when you are."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:22 pm

He smiled wryly, "Not part of my budget yet - but this only started this week. As for those futures... they were mostly good, but there were one or two specific bad things I'll want to avoid."

"I would put it on my budget if I where you Sir."
Mona said and grinned.
"Well I hope everything works out for you then."

He grinned, "You catch on quick. And I'll have to keep an eye on my cookie jar when we get home, I see."

"Cookies have it with escaping I hear."
Kyle said and grinned.

He nodded, "I have a few ideas for a good bribe, that shouldn't cause trouble with the Chief. If that proves necessary. He gave his word, and I trust he'll do his damn best to keep it."

Richard nodded.
"I hope so as well, you can tell him the drug in question will make him sleepy but not drag him under as it where, he can force himself to stay awake he will just feel like one would after a weekend of little sleep before a computer screen. He will not be unconscious e is just going to sleep a little deeper than usual."
Richard informed you.
"I might be able to get those vials of blood then while he is sleeping and remove the IV without him noticing to much, that would be good."

He frowned, "Hum... that... I think I put a flask with a little of the serum in my pocket when I got changed after Chicago - we might test it in a microscope, actually - see if a drop of each interact in such a manner. If so, it might be strong support for your idea there.

"That is a great idea, it will at least give me an idea on if further testing is going to be a good idea..."
Richard said and nodded.
"In short other than that I would like to place a drop of the catalyst in the test subject's spinal fluids and see if this will have an effect, if it do then the trick will be the correct dosage...other than that, blood, urine, tissue samples from the injection site as well as spinal fluid once the catalyst have had the time to work would be a good place to start..."
He muttered and tapped at his nose absent minded as he considered.

I only spent one day on the serum, but if you see the same behaviour in me, you should also see it in Kyle... and I will confer with my source about retaining the sample for experimental treatment. I can't guarantee approval, but I'd say chances are good all the same. I can say as much - there is a link between the serum and the... catalyst."

"A link you say...hum...I guess asking more details about that will be fruitless?"
Richard asked then he nodded.
"I will have to examine both you and Kyle and see how much if any residue are with you, testing this theory of mine in someone with a none acute condition will be far safer than in testing it on Freddy since the residue is already firmly in place with her."

He nodded, "Hum, getting this cleaned up might very well help her with the headaches and seizures, too... She's a tough woman, and I expect she'll become a Postulant at some point in the future; you'll have to take this up with her, though..."

"I will discuss it with her, she is not going to be happy about it though."
The Akashic muttered.
"But yes she is tough and capable if anyone can pull though she can. A Postulant you say? Interesting well i wish her the best with that. As for her headaches and seizures, some of it be alleviated if we get the residue out of her head...but she also have scars and other damage that will still be there, right now we have to focus on saving her life, and we should also inform everyone who have been on the serum for some time to get themselves checked out if more catalyst can be obtained."

He nodded, lying back to get comfortable with the machine, "Go right ahead - will that protection hold until Kyle is rolled into the MRI scanner, though? Because that was really the one that was of the greatest concern, when I sit down next to him in the room..."

"The effect will last for as long as I don't mess it up but an MRI do not work on Xrays like a CT do, an MRI uses magnetism to generate the images, so you can stay with Kyle safely if there is o metal on or in you, none at all if not you are going to have to stay outside the shielded doors."
The doctor said before he started doing a complex kata and you felt like a shiver pass through your body.
"Well that should do it."

He took a few deep, slow breaths, then lay as still as he could, breathing minimally, "Ready when you are."

"I will be administering the contrast agent now, you might feel a bit of cold running up your arm and also a bit of nausea...but it should not be to bad."
Richard said as he gently attached the syringe containing the contrast to your IV ens slowly injected it before he left you in the room and the scan started.

For some time all you hear where the whirring of the machine and then it stopped and Richard came back into the CT chamber.
"Then we are done Colin...how are you feeling?"
He asked.
"I saw two little white flecks in your brain that I think are from the serum but they are tiny and on their way out you seam to be in the clear, however that also means you are not too good for a research subject."
He added.
"If you don't mind though the next time you do your business bring a cup to share and I would like some blood to analyze just to be sure...I will destroy it when I am done off course, we do not want any arcane connections laying around."
He said and smiled.
"Well also there are no metal in your bone or soft tissue so if you get rid of that fly on your pants you spoke of it is safe for you to be in the room with Kyle when he is getting his MRI."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:01 pm

Anja's Post:
"Is it Reality Deviant you think about? For they would put you and me in that box as well."
Narim said and sigh.
"Well originally the Technocracy then called the Order of Reason had a point with their existence they wanted to protect the sleepers from mages who often treated them fairly badly, vampires who fed upon them in the night and well the list is long. They wanted to take the power out of the hands of the supernatural and give it to the sleepers and to be honest that ideal is not to bad, but it got corrupted over time and now it seams the Union just want power and control and a static world devoid of anything they see as a threat, and that would include us."
He explained.

'Business or personal, that bullet is still gonna sting.' she quipped, pulling a chocolate bar out of one of her trouser pockets and tearing it open with her teeth. 'Not sure what's worse; crap plan or crap execution of. Trying to make us all into a mass of happy little drones... those old 60's hippies spouted a lot of rubbish, but make a few fair points, they did.' taking a large bite of the bar, either not caring or noticing the mass of crumbs falling onto her shirt.

Anja's Post:

"The thing is The Matrix is ultimately about challenging authority and looking part the boundaries of perception and examine the nature of reality itself two things the Union in general don't want. Even if they thought they could get some apprentices out of it I doubt they would take the chance of spreading such a message."
The Virtual Adept said then he shook his head.
"They hate us because they think us dangerous, we upset their notions of perfect order and that scare them."
He muttered clearly not to fond of the Union himself.

'Yeah, I get that... but the only way they could succeed would be to remove anything which could make people think for themselves. And even then, you'd get some folk who would get the constant feeling in their guts that something was wrong - even if they didn't know how to put into words or what was wrong.' ending with a little grin to herself.

Anja's Post:

"I have some pasta carbonara I never had the time to eat stored on my phone if you like, it should still be warm stored as data."
He said then he nodded.
"Yes I should be able to do so if you keep circling around the block yes. Master Morgan says he is putting together a team to come help us out now."
He informed you.

'Erm... alright for now I am, thanks.' gesturing to the bar, not completely trusting virtual food. 'I see... are you tracking the Smiths we spotted earlier too? Last thing we need is to end up in some Mexican stand-off thing.'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:24 pm

"Off course...forgive me Mr Roth Hicks my reaction was a little harsh you are only thinking of Jane's safety and I appreciate that, I did not get much sleep last night and I have just come from...trying to deal with Mr Karyak, my temper is shorter than it should be."
The Chorister said apologetically.

He tilted his head in commiseration. "I see...well, there is nothing to apologize for, ma'am. I understand."

"I have what I need." Arn said and he patted his side holster. "I need little but my voice and my faith Mr Roth Hicks." Hildegard said.

"Good," he agreed and headed back towards the office at his best clip.

She agreed and the two magi followed you to your Mentor's office, you saw Serge and Adjan waiting outside but Master Morgan himself did not appear to be back yet.

"Thank you," he said to Serge and then nodded in greeting to Adjan. "Alright, the Chief should be back soon...let me just outline the issue at hand to the extent I know what's going on," he said and pulled the tablet out. "This could well be dangerous situation," he warned, then glanced at Serge with a touch of concern. "This might not be your bag, since it may require combat know-how..." He scratched out the overview as he knew it quickly as he spoke: 'Deacon N. and the new Etherite, Ms B. have gone off to track the possible Nephandus that was putting some sort of trance on our upstairs guardian spirit just after the spirit attacked us. They got away. We are to be ready to provide backup. We may be dealing with a Nephandi; it also could be a trap of some sort. Chief is getting details from N. now, who is co-locating.' He handed the frame off to Hildegaard first since she was the most senior person present.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:47 pm

Nicole:

Business or personal, that bullet is still gonna sting.' she quipped, pulling a chocolate bar out of one of her trouser pockets and tearing it open with her teeth. 'Not sure what's worse; crap plan or crap execution of. Trying to make us all into a mass of happy little drones... those old 60's hippies spouted a lot of rubbish, but make a few fair points, they did.' taking a large bite of the bar, either not caring or noticing the mass of crumbs falling onto her shirt.

"The hippies do have a point yes. Well for me I would rather have freedom than security, though I prefer to have both. The Union seam to think safety for the sleepers should thump every bit of freedom and choice and that I can never agree to."
Narim said he glanced at your candy bar but he was to polite to comment.

'Yeah, I get that... but the only way they could succeed would be to remove anything which could make people think for themselves. And even then, you'd get some folk who would get the constant feeling in their guts that something was wrong - even if they didn't know how to put into words or what was wrong.' ending with a little grin to herself.

"I guess the Union thinks they can brainwash, kill or otherwise remove all such disruptive elements from the perfect little world they want to create. But I say as one famous Verbena once did, I will give my own heart's blood before I let them turn this world into steel and glass."
The Virtual Adept said firmly.

'Erm... alright for now I am, thanks.' gesturing to the bar, not completely trusting virtual food. 'I see... are you tracking the Smiths we spotted earlier too? Last thing we need is to end up in some Mexican stand-off thing.'

"Very well, let me know if you change your mind Miss."
Narim said then he nodded.
"I am tracking them, they are still over by the liquor store, hopefully they are busy with their own thing and we will not run into them."
He commented then he sigh and gave a wry look.
"Though considering how the week have gone the chances for that are not to big. It seams everything that can go wrong will go wrong, Master Morgan had some rather colorful descriptions about what the Gods he use in his magick are raining down on us at the moment."
He muttered.

Adley:

He tilted his head in commiseration. "I see...well, there is nothing to apologize for, ma'am. I understand."

Hildegard nodded and gave you a little smile.
"You are most gracious Mr Roth Hicks."

"Thank you," he said to Serge and then nodded in greeting to Adjan. "Alright, the Chief should be back soon...let me just outline the issue at hand to the extent I know what's going on," he said and pulled the tablet out.

Adjan nodded to you in return, you could see that the Euthanathos was tense he had just heard there was some sort of trouble and he did not know what so he had his right hand rested on his gun under his jacket.

"This could well be dangerous situation," he warned, then glanced at Serge with a touch of concern. "This might not be your bag, since it may require combat know-how..." He scratched out the overview as he knew it quickly as he spoke: 'Deacon N. and the new Etherite, Ms B. have gone off to track the possible Nephandus that was putting some sort of trance on our upstairs guardian spirit just after the spirit attacked us. They got away. We are to be ready to provide backup. We may be dealing with a Nephandi; it also could be a trap of some sort. Chief is getting details from N. now, who is co-locating.' He handed the frame off to Hildegaard first since she was the most senior person present.

Hildegard read what you had written and nodded before she passed the tablet to Adjan who managed to both look relieved that the Chantry was not under attack and concerned for the Virtual Adept Deacon at the same time. He passed the tablet then to Serge for the young mage to read.
"We will be ready...and while it is not my place I wish Master Sharaya had not put himself in danger like that. Both you and me are warriors Adley it is our job to put our lives on the line so our young and rare talents like the Deacon can be kept safe the strengthen the Traditions as a whole."
He muttered.

You saw the Chief hurry down the stairs and coming towards your small group at a brisk pace.
"Are everyone up to date?"
He asked as he gave the group a nod of greeting.
"I will be bringing us through the Umbra to Mattapan, which means we need to keep our eyes open for shards, but it is faster than going by car. Master Sharaya and Miss Bouchard have found the girl we are looking for but they have also found three Union men, you can imagine I am not to pleased gentlemen and Miss Gottschalk...any questions before we go?"
The old Flambeau said he spoke quickly and he clearly was eager to be on his way to save his young Cabalmate.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:48 pm

"We will be ready...and while it is not my place I wish Master Sharaya had not put himself in danger like that. Both you and me are warriors Adley it is our job to put our lives on the line so our young and rare talents like the Deacon can be kept safe the strengthen the Traditions as a whole."

"I think you took the words right of out of my mouth," he said with a sigh. He was beginning to wonder if Narim knew how important he was...not potentially, shored up against his mentor and having to prove himself constantly. But actually, really was, right now. He couldn't say he was sure if he liked this "adventurous side" that had gotten him tangled with a spirit of goop and now run off with some stranger...

You saw the Chief hurry down the stairs and coming towards your small group at a brisk pace. "Are everyone up to date?"
He asked as he gave the group a nod of greeting. "I will be bringing us through the Umbra to Mattapan, which means we need to keep our eyes open for shards, but it is faster than going by car. Master Sharaya and Miss Bouchard have found the girl we are looking for but they have also found three Union men, you can imagine I am not to pleased gentlemen and Miss Gottschalk...any questions before we go?"

"Shit," he said in a exasperated tone as he heard that there were Technocrats on the scene. "Just what we don't need. Wait, Mattapan?" That sounded familiar...
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:51 am

Adley wrote:"Thank you," he said to Serge and then nodded in greeting to Adjan. "Alright, the Chief should be back soon...let me just outline the issue at hand to the extent I know what's going on," he said and pulled the tablet out. "This could well be dangerous situation," he warned, then glanced at Serge with a touch of concern. "This might not be your bag, since it may require combat know-how..."

"No problem. If the situation involves combat then....wait what? Combat!" Serge said suddenly not expecting another attack after the recent one.

Hildegard read what you had written and nodded before she passed the tablet to Adjan who managed to both look relieved that the Chantry was not under attack and concerned for the Virtual Adept Deacon at the same time. He passed the tablet then to Serge for the young mage to read.

Serge read the tablet carefully. "Oh that makes more sense. You guys are backup." Serge said with a moderate sigh of relief but still worried at the thought of a Nephandi trap.

You saw the Chief hurry down the stairs and coming towards your small group at a brisk pace.
"Are everyone up to date?"
He asked as he gave the group a nod of greeting.
"I will be bringing us through the Umbra to Mattapan, which means we need to keep our eyes open for shards, but it is faster than going by car. Master Sharaya and Miss Bouchard have found the girl we are looking for but they have also found three Union men, you can imagine I am not to pleased gentlemen and Miss Gottschalk...any questions before we go?"
The old Flambeau said he spoke quickly and he clearly was eager to be on his way to save his young Cabalmate.

Serge took a step back, knowing full well that the chief wasn't referring to him. All the same Serge still felt a flash of wonderment at seeing what was essentially a magick hit squad forming up in front of him. He was also curious as to the exact details of the mission and lingered for a bit hoping to to hear more.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:23 am

Anja's Post:
"I guess the Union thinks they can brainwash, kill or otherwise remove all such disruptive elements from the perfect little world they want to create. But I say as one famous Verbena once did, I will give my own heart's blood before I let them turn this world into steel and glass."
The Virtual Adept said firmly.

A short, rather harsh laugh to this. 'And how will they deal with the millions of discontents - rat poison? The more they attempt to bully, drug or trick people, the more they kick back. To impose a world which only "works" if you steamroller everyone into shape... it's utterly fucked-up. Like making people have finger surgery to use their cell phones better than designing the phone around the hand.'

Anja's Post:
"Very well, let me know if you change your mind Miss."
Narim said then he nodded.
"I am tracking them, they are still over by the liquor store, hopefully they are busy with their own thing and we will not run into them."
He commented then he sigh and gave a wry look.
"Though considering how the week have gone the chances for that are not to big. It seams everything that can go wrong will go wrong, Master Morgan had some rather colorful descriptions about what the Gods he use in his magick are raining down on us at the moment."
He muttered.

'Well, not much choice we had, was it? Might have lost the trail by the time we got the order, haven't gone in heavy and to the best of we know of they're none the wiser. Found out about the Smiths too.' she countered, fairly confidendly, shoving in half the bar in a rather unladylike fashion.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:52 am

Adley and Serge:

"I think you took the words right of out of my mouth," he said with a sigh. He was beginning to wonder if Narim knew how important he was...not potentially, shored up against his mentor and having to prove himself constantly. But actually, really was, right now. He couldn't say he was sure if he liked this "adventurous side" that had gotten him tangled with a spirit of goop and now run off with some stranger...

Adjan nodded at that and he gave you a concerned look then he sigh.
"We will get Master Sharaya back here safely and then I bet your Mentor will wag his finger quite a bit at him."
He said with a grin.
"Accompanied with some colorful language in Greek."

"Shit," he said in a exasperated tone as he heard that there were Technocrats on the scene. "Just what we don't need. Wait, Mattapan?" That sounded familiar...

"Hopefully we are not going to end up in a situation with them."
Jeffry said but his eyes burned, he hated the Union to the core, but he would never compromise Narim's safety just to sate his own vengeance.
"Mattapan is where Miss Cunningham where Gilgulled by her own kind, where Mr Karyak and Miss day found the man who broke loose in our basement collecting the shards of her soul and also where one of the Deacons of Riverside got injured by such a shard when she stepped out of the Umbra there."

"No problem. If the situation involves combat then....wait what? Combat!" Serge said suddenly not expecting another attack after the recent one.

"Yes combat...hum...what you did during that attack was quite useful Mr Yager but I would not want to put you in danger."
Jeffry said as he regarded the young Cultist.
"I play bridge with you Mentor she would have my hide if anything happened to you while you where in my care."
He said with just a hint of humor but for the most part the situation just seamed to worry him.

Serge read the tablet carefully. "Oh you guys are just tracking down the shadow lady that was messing with the guardian angel." Serge said with a moderate sigh of relief but still worried at the thought of a Nephandi trap.

"Master Sharaya are tracking down the shadow lady as you call her yes and we are going to make sure that Master Sharaya and our new Chantrymate do not get themselves killed or captured in so doing, and perhaps we can capture the shadow lady as a bonus."
Jeffry said. Arn held out his hand for the tablet so he could get to read it as well.

Nicole:

A short, rather harsh laugh to this. 'And how will they deal with the millions of discontents - rat poison?

"Entertainment like netflix, making them impotently addicted to social media, making sure that it takes a full time job that tire them out from mot other activities to maintain the standard of living society demands and for those that do not work on there is always the tried and true bullet to the head."
Narim said and frowned.

The more they attempt to bully, drug or trick people, the more they kick back. To impose a world which only "works" if you steamroller everyone into shape... it's utterly fucked-up. Like making people have finger surgery to use their cell phones better than designing the phone around the hand.'

"And yet their tactics do work, sterner and sterner punishments in school for minor infractions make the young blindly obedient to authority and like I said there is always opium to the people in the form of social media and easily consumed entertainment, sure there are rebels but most don't care Miss, just look at all the freedoms lost sine 9/11 and while a few write angry blogs about it, most just happily go along with it. In Sparta the slave population outnumbered the free four to one and yet most of the slaves just accepted bondage choosing a bit of safety and food on the table over rebelling, and that tendency is what the Technocracy use. Keep people safe, fed and comfortable and very few will protest a loss of freedom."

'Well, not much choice we had, was it? Might have lost the trail by the time we got the order, haven't gone in heavy and to the best of we know of they're none the wiser. Found out about the Smiths too.' she countered, fairly confidendly, shoving in half the bar in a rather unladylike fashion.

"I am sure Master Morgan will have quite a few words to say about me running of on this mission and half of them I will need a translation app to understand, however yes we found the trail, and the Union men and now we wait for back up, hopefully this will all go well, and I will tell the Chief that I asked you to come along, this whole thing was my idea."
Narim said and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:54 am

Anja's Post:
"Entertainment like netflix, making them impotently addicted to social media, making sure that it takes a full time job that tire them out from mot other activities to maintain the standard of living society demands and for those that do not work on there is always the tried and true bullet to the head."
Narim said and frowned.

'Nothing new.' Nicole replied, once she'd swallowed the remains of the bar. 'The whole process of coercion and indoctrination has been around for over a century - it's called capitalism. Netflix is great; you can buy the same fucking product again - but in a new format!' the sarcasm heavy.

Anja's Post:

"And yet their tactics do work, sterner and sterner punishments in school for minor infractions make the young blindly obedient to authority and like I said there is always opium to the people in the form of social media and easily consumed entertainment, sure there are rebels but most don't care Miss, just look at all the freedoms lost sine 9/11 and while a few write angry blogs about it, most just happily go along with it. In Sparta the slave population outnumbered the free four to one and yet most of the slaves just accepted bondage choosing a bit of safety and food on the table over rebelling, and that tendency is what the Technocracy use. Keep people safe, fed and comfortable and very few will protest a loss of freedom."

'Preaching to the choir, padre. I know all about conformity and exploitation - I've been exploited all my life, me.'

'Think you're too gloomy, I do - the bottom half of the Mundies are not safe or comfortable. They're discontented, attempting to ignore the nagging thoughts in the gut that something is very wrong.' she said, her inner fire clear. 'The Syndicate's vision of the world has failed, and becoming clearer by the day, it is. Worse, they have no fucking clue on how change it either. Assuming that they even give a crap about it. All this-' gesturing to the world outside in general '-is the remains of accumulated loot from centuries of exploitation. But now the fuel is running out, and capitalism is eating it's own tail, totting up paper profits while everything rots and more sink into the shit.'

Anja's Post:
"I am sure Master Morgan will have quite a few words to say about me running of on this mission and half of them I will need a translation app to understand, however yes we found the trail, and the Union men and now we wait for back up, hopefully this will all go well, and I will tell the Chief that I asked you to come along, this whole thing was my idea."
Narim said and nodded.

'Ah, I used to being blamed, me. And right you are... sometimes it's almost impossible to explain what you're trying to do. Truth be told...' dropping her voice a little '-I honestly don't get most of 'em.'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:07 am

'Nothing new.' Nicole replied, once she'd swallowed the remains of the bar. 'The whole process of coercion and indoctrination has been around for over a century - it's called capitalism. Netflix is great; you can buy the same fucking product again - but in a new format!' the sarcasm heavy.

"Well the idea of a free market for trade is not a problem, it is more that everyone are being conditioned not to care, they want get up, get to work and then get home to their shows and TV dinner, not really caring if there is anything more in the world, they want to look good on Instagram, earn their paychecks and be entertained, such populations are easy to manage."
Narim said and nodded.

'Preaching to the choir, padre. I know all about conformity and exploitation - I've been exploited all my life, me.'

Narim looked at you for a moment and nodded he did not ask about your story but have gave you a sympathetic smile.

'Think you're too gloomy, I do - the bottom half of the Mundies are not safe or comfortable. They're discontented, attempting to ignore the nagging thoughts in the gut that something is very wrong.' she said, her inner fire clear. 'The Syndicate's vision of the world has failed, and becoming clearer by the day, it is. Worse, they have no fucking clue on how change it either. Assuming that they even give a crap about it. All this-' gesturing to the world outside in general '-is the remains of accumulated loot from centuries of exploitation. But now the fuel is running out, and capitalism is eating it's own tail, totting up paper profits while everything rots and more sink into the shit.'

"Well we certainly need a different modality for how to run the world, just draining more and more of our natural resources quicker and quicker is not going to work much longer. The problem however is that few will be willing to give up the comforts that capitalism brings now that they have them."
The Virtual Adept said and sigh.
"Also yes I agree many perhaps have a nagging feeling that something is wrong, but very few will ever do anything to do with that feeling, they are to controlled and to afraid to loose the comforts they have accumulated."
He said.

'Ah, I used to being blamed, me. And right you are... sometimes it's almost impossible to explain what you're trying to do. Truth be told...' dropping her voice a little '-I honestly don't get most of 'em.'

"Give them some time Miss and you will get used to them, the magi of Steelhaven are good people."
Narim said and he smiled a little.
"Well in this case you are not to be blamed this was my idea, and for now we are safe we just need to keep and eye on the target and the Technocrats until help arrives."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum