Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Warpmind on Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:15 am

"I would put it on my budget if I where you Sir."
Mona said and grinned.
"Well I hope everything works out for you then."
Colin nodded sagely, "Indeed."

"Cookies have it with escaping I hear."
Kyle said and grinned.
He nodded, "So they do. Fortunately, I think my economy can handle a little attrition."

Richard nodded.
"I hope so as well, you can tell him the drug in question will make him sleepy but not drag him under as it where, he can force himself to stay awake he will just feel like one would after a weekend of little sleep before a computer screen. He will not be unconscious e is just going to sleep a little deeper than usual."
Richard informed you.
"I might be able to get those vials of blood then while he is sleeping and remove the IV without him noticing to much, that would be good."
He pondered, "That sounds workable."

"That is a great idea, it will at least give me an idea on if further testing is going to be a good idea..."
Richard said and nodded.
"In short other than that I would like to place a drop of the catalyst in the test subject's spinal fluids and see if this will have an effect, if it do then the trick will be the correct dosage...other than that, blood, urine, tissue samples from the injection site as well as spinal fluid once the catalyst have had the time to work would be a good place to start..."
He muttered and tapped at his nose absent minded as he considered.
He arched an eyebrow, "Isn't a spinal tap considered a fairly risky procedure? I saw a comment about that online regarding House - that it's generally only reserved for cases where the ailment you are worried about is deemed worse than the potential complications of poking into the patient's spine..."

"A link you say...hum...I guess asking more details about that will be fruitless?"
Richard asked then he nodded.
"I will have to examine both you and Kyle and see how much if any residue are with you, testing this theory of mine in someone with a none acute condition will be far safer than in testing it on Freddy since the residue is already firmly in place with her."
He smiled wryly, "Not fruitless, but... well... it's a Hermetic lichdom potion, fresh from the veins of a venerable lich. Hence why I can't let it stray - it's a sympathetic link to her more potent than our blood is to us. The side effects of two drops should be essentially negligible for a brief while, and then nil, but the existence of a measurable quantity is... a potential threat to her. Which is why I must confer with her about the possibility for retaining it a little longer for medical reasons instead of destroying it right away as I promised."

"I will discuss it with her, she is not going to be happy about it though."
The Akashic muttered.
"But yes she is tough and capable if anyone can pull though she can. A Postulant you say? Interesting well i wish her the best with that. As for her headaches and seizures, some of it be alleviated if we get the residue out of her head...but she also have scars and other damage that will still be there, right now we have to focus on saving her life, and we should also inform everyone who have been on the serum for some time to get themselves checked out if more catalyst can be obtained."
He nodded, "Of course she won't be happy about it... would you have been, if it were your brain? And her Postulant status is yet a couple centuries away, if not more. Hum, as for informing everyone who has been on the serum for some time - I believe my lawyer will take a few steps in that regard; she's got a client who spent far too long on the serum, and if he gets checked out, that ought to get the ball rolling."

"The effect will last for as long as I don't mess it up but an MRI do not work on Xrays like a CT do, an MRI uses magnetism to generate the images, so you can stay with Kyle safely if there is o metal on or in you, none at all if not you are going to have to stay outside the shielded doors."
The doctor said before he started doing a complex kata and you felt like a shiver pass through your body.
"Well that should do it."
He nodded, "All the same, I'm given to understand staff stay in a separate room from the MRI machine when it's scanning, precisely due to cumulative radiation exposure. So while the effect of a single exposure is negligible, I'd prefer a little extra insurance, all the same..."

"I will be administering the contrast agent now, you might feel a bit of cold running up your arm and also a bit of nausea...but it should not be to bad."
Richard said as he gently attached the syringe containing the contrast to your IV ens slowly injected it before he left you in the room and the scan started.
He grimaced slightly, "Eh, I dosed myself with the serum about 25 hours ago. This is nothing in comparison..."

For some time all you hear where the whirring of the machine and then it stopped and Richard came back into the CT chamber.
"Then we are done Colin...how are you feeling?"
He asked.
"I saw two little white flecks in your brain that I think are from the serum but they are tiny and on their way out you seam to be in the clear, however that also means you are not too good for a research subject."
He added.
"If you don't mind though the next time you do your business bring a cup to share and I would like some blood to analyze just to be sure...I will destroy it when I am done off course, we do not want any arcane connections laying around."
He said and smiled.
"Well also there are no metal in your bone or soft tissue so if you get rid of that fly on your pants you spoke of it is safe for you to be in the room with Kyle when he is getting his MRI."
He nodded, "All the same, that shows that the Primium does not flush out in the 24 hours a dose lasts for. Meaning there's a clear maximum limit to how much someone can be given before buildup becomes permanent..."
He nodded, "Take your blood test, and I'll get you that... sample later."
He frowned, "Actually, come to think of it, if you want a blood sample, you might want do draw it from my left thigh, where I set the serum dose. You can't miss the bruise, I think - big and bluish-black and yellow on the edges..."
He sighed, "And I will need a robe, then, or a pair of trousers with an elastic waistband or somesuch - I don't think Chief Morgan would be altogether too happy about the implication of my dropping my trousers to stay close to his apprentice when the boy is asleep, or nearly asleep."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:59 am

He nodded, "So they do. Fortunately, I think my economy can handle a little attrition."

Kyle grinned a little at that.
"I guess those stubborn cookies will continue trying to run away then Sir."

He pondered, "That sounds workable."

Richard nodded at that.

He arched an eyebrow, "Isn't a spinal tap considered a fairly risky procedure? I saw a comment about that online regarding House - that it's generally only reserved for cases where the ailment you are worried about is deemed worse than the potential complications of poking into the patient's spine..."

"It is not fairly risky, it is far more common with serious side effects from having your appendix removed or other forms of routine minor surgery, by far the most patients are sent home after twenty minutes with perhaps some pain and a bit of a headache but they are quite fine, it is risky enough though that you do not do it unless there is an actual need or a pretty good suspicion that there is a need. It is not quite as dramatic as it is usually portrayed on TV but it is an uncomfortable examination and off course something could go wrong though there is not that big of a chance of it. Freddy have them two times a year for example she is usually fine to go home after twenty minutes and then spends a day or two resting afterwards."
The Akashic explained.
"Or should spend a day or two resting afterwards this is Freddy we are talking about...should and do is not always the same thing with her."
He said wryly.

He smiled wryly, "Not fruitless, but... well... it's a Hermetic lichdom potion, fresh from the veins of a venerable lich. Hence why I can't let it stray - it's a sympathetic link to her more potent than our blood is to us.

Richard's eyes widened.
"I have never met such a creature do they really exist...I understand then this lich would not want her arcane connections spread around, especially if she is Hermetic."

The side effects of two drops should be essentially negligible for a brief while, and then nil, but the existence of a measurable quantity is... a potential threat to her. Which is why I must confer with her about the possibility for retaining it a little longer for medical reasons instead of destroying it right away as I promised."

"I understand well I have to say my curiosity are piqued but yes you have to ask this lich...what are she like by the way? Do she think and feel like us? Ehm yes anyway it is important to keep our words if we want to live honorably."
Richard agreed but she seamed rather interested now and looked like he had a million questions.
"Why would a lich's blood ehm...well what they have to resemble blood at least, affect this primium residue."

He nodded, "Of course she won't be happy about it... would you have been, if it were your brain?

"No I would have been terrified..."
The Akashic admitted.

And her Postulant status is yet a couple centuries away, if not more. Hum, as for informing everyone who has been on the serum for some time - I believe my lawyer will take a few steps in that regard; she's got a client who spent far too long on the serum, and if he gets checked out, that ought to get the ball rolling."

"I see well I will leave it to your lawyer then...hum long term use of this serum seam to be a very bad an inhumane idea."
Richard said and frowned.
"Hopefully young Kyle is fine I sort of feel bad about injecting him with it this morning it clearly hurt him."

He nodded, "All the same, I'm given to understand staff stay in a separate room from the MRI machine when it's scanning, precisely due to cumulative radiation exposure. So while the effect of a single exposure is negligible, I'd prefer a little extra insurance, all the same..."

"This is true, but it is a different from of radiation, in either case your cells should be protected from all that can decay them for a while."
Richard said and nodded.

He grimaced slightly, "Eh, I dosed myself with the serum about 25 hours ago. This is nothing in comparison..."

"This at least should not hurt, the contrast is just a bit uncomfortable."
The Akashic agreed.
"No with the serum just the amount of fluid alone would make it painful, our musculature is not a bag of holding."

He nodded, "All the same, that shows that the Primium does not flush out in the 24 hours a dose lasts for. Meaning there's a clear maximum limit to how much someone can be given before buildup becomes permanent..."

"No, I will have to analyze the scans in more details but I would say it is safe enough to use the serum for a few days, three at the most but not more."
The Akashic commented.

He frowned, "Actually, come to think of it, if you want a blood sample, you might want do draw it from my left thigh, where I set the serum dose. You can't miss the bruise, I think - big and bluish-black and yellow on the edges..."

"Hum...that is not a bad idea...getting a sample from the injection site is a good idea..."
Richard said then the thought for a moment and asked.
"Would you mind if we do it where the boy can see. On him unless I draw from the IV and that is not ideal I have to go for a superficial vein, and use the smallest needle I have I want to show him that do not hurt, perhaps that will convince him to allow me to draw a few tubes from him while he sleeps, she should not wake up from that or notice, there is a very, very big difference between a 27 gauge butterfly in the arm and trying to insert an IV in an foot."
The doctor asked.
"Or if you do not wish to expose your tights to the others I can take that sample and if you are willing show on you later that such a small needle will not hurt him...I really want to convince him he is afflicted by Jhor I want to make sure that it have not affected his inner organs."
The Akashic said and he seamed a little concerned for the boy.

He sighed, "And I will need a robe, then, or a pair of trousers with an elastic waistband or somesuch - I don't think Chief Morgan would be altogether too happy about the implication of my dropping my trousers to stay close to his apprentice when the boy is asleep, or nearly asleep."

"Well if you get yourself an aspestos block to hide behind you can always try telling the Chief you did just that."
Richard said with a grin.
"I will ask Mona to get you a robe."
He agreed.
"Well then let me get that tube out of your arm and heal you and then we can go back."
He said and found some cotton from a supply cabinet.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:41 pm

Kyle grinned a little at that.
"I guess those stubborn cookies will continue trying to run away then Sir."
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "So, chocolate chip will be good, I trust?"

"It is not fairly risky, it is far more common with serious side effects from having your appendix removed or other forms of routine minor surgery, by far the most patients are sent home after twenty minutes with perhaps some pain and a bit of a headache but they are quite fine, it is risky enough though that you do not do it unless there is an actual need or a pretty good suspicion that there is a need. It is not quite as dramatic as it is usually portrayed on TV but it is an uncomfortable examination and off course something could go wrong though there is not that big of a chance of it. Freddy have them two times a year for example she is usually fine to go home after twenty minutes and then spends a day or two resting afterwards."
The Akashic explained.
"Or should spend a day or two resting afterwards this is Freddy we are talking about...should and do is not always the same thing with her."
He said wryly.
He nodded, "Very well. The comment on that series was in any case that it seemed they did it far too frequently on their patients - but that in the case of House, it was justified because they received so many strange cases."
He grinned, "Well, I suppose I'll have to make sure Freddy gets her rest, then; no wife of mine will put needless strain on herself against the doctor's orders."

Richard's eyes widened.
"I have never met such a creature do they really exist...I understand then this lich would not want her arcane connections spread around, especially if she is Hermetic."
He nodded, "They really do exist. But they are rare, for several reasons."

"I understand well I have to say my curiosity are piqued but yes you have to ask this lich...what are she like by the way? Do she think and feel like us? Ehm yes anyway it is important to keep our words if we want to live honorably."
Richard agreed but she seamed rather interested now and looked like he had a million questions.
"Why would a lich's blood ehm...well what they have to resemble blood at least, affect this primium residue."
He grinned, "Well, you'll get to meet her in around a half year's time, when I take her on as my apprentice. This particular one makes great efforts in staying, hm, fresh-minded, as it were. But part of the process of becoming one involves severing all attachments; unlife eternal in exchange for... hum, come to think of it, it's like a mirror darkly of Buddhism, I suppose."
He frowned, "The serum is apparently a... derivative of the lichdom potion - infused with Primium particles to replace the Primium blade the lichdom ritual demands, I would hazard. There's... more to it, but not for speculating on now."

"I see well I will leave it to your lawyer then...hum long term use of this serum seam to be a very bad an inhumane idea."
"Hopefully young Kyle is fine I sort of feel bad about injecting him with it this morning it clearly hurt him."
He nodded, "The serum is honestly excellent for taking prisoners, but I don't think I can ever condone using it for holding prisoners beyond the first day..."

"This at least should not hurt, the contrast is just a bit uncomfortable."
The Akashic agreed.
"No with the serum just the amount of fluid alone would make it painful, our musculature is not a bag of holding."
He arched an eyebrow, "A Dungeons & Dragons reference? You are full of surprises, aren't you?"

"No, I will have to analyze the scans in more details but I would say it is safe enough to use the serum for a few days, three at the most but not more."
The Akashic commented.
He nodded, "That was the time limit I was given, five years in the future, too. No more than three days."

"Hum...that is not a bad idea...getting a sample from the injection site is a good idea..."
Richard said then the thought for a moment and asked.
"Would you mind if we do it where the boy can see. On him unless I draw from the IV and that is not ideal I have to go for a superficial vein, and use the smallest needle I have I want to show him that do not hurt, perhaps that will convince him to allow me to draw a few tubes from him while he sleeps, she should not wake up from that or notice, there is a very, very big difference between a 27 gauge butterfly in the arm and trying to insert an IV in an foot."
The doctor asked.
"Or if you do not wish to expose your tights to the others I can take that sample and if you are willing show on you later that such a small needle will not hurt him...I really want to convince him he is afflicted by Jhor I want to make sure that it have not affected his inner organs."
The Akashic said and he seamed a little concerned for the boy.
He nodded, "That will be acceptable; if it calms him, nothing is better, I suppose, and if not, well... then at least we tried."

"Well if you get yourself an aspestos block to hide behind you can always try telling the Chief you did just that."
Richard said with a grin.
"I will ask Mona to get you a robe."
He agreed.
"Well then let me get that tube out of your arm and heal you and then we can go back."
He said and found some cotton from a supply cabinet.
He grimaced, "Asbestos would only mean I'd cook to death a little slower... Great against fire, not so good against heat."
He nodded, "Right, let's get it done, then."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:47 pm

"Yes combat...hum...what you did during that attack was quite useful Mr Yager but I would not want to put you in danger."
Jeffry said as he regarded the young Cultist.
"I play bridge with you Mentor she would have my hide if anything happened to you while you where in my care."
He said with just a hint of humor but for the most part the situation just seamed to worry him.

"Yeah that makes sense. I'll just help out around here." Serge nodded in agreement and stood back wondering if Master Morgan ever won a game against a skilled mind mage.

"Master Sharaya are tracking down the shadow lady as you call her yes and we are going to make sure that Master Sharaya and our new Chantrymate do not get themselves killed or captured in so doing, and perhaps we can capture the shadow lady as a bonus."
Jeffry said. Arn held out his hand for the tablet so he could get to read it as well.

Serge passed the tablet to Arn and then stood back listening to the mission briefing despite not actually going on the mission.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:09 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "So, chocolate chip will be good, I trust?"

"That would be perfect Sir."
Kyle said and grinned.

He nodded, "Very well. The comment on that series was in any case that it seemed they did it far too frequently on their patients - but that in the case of House, it was justified because they received so many strange cases."

"It is no more dangerous that a jugular catheter as we discussed, if it is done by someone who knows what they are doing the risks are minimal, but it do require some skill. Now when that is said it is quite uncomfortable and often scary for the patients so it is best avoided unless there is no other choice. Do remember though that a lumbar puncture are quite routine when a woman is giving birth. However do not get me wrong with the testing I am talking about, whoever I do the teston, it will be quite painful we are talking about puncturing the spine twice one to inject the catalyst and then to draw a sample perhaps twenty minutes or so later, if you are a possible subject I am not to worried, you are used to handle pain and we do have anesthetics, but if it is the boy willing or unwilling or a prisoner, what I suggest can end up being rather traumatic but if it works it might give me the data I need to start working on a cure which in turn might save Freddy."
Richard said in a solemn tone of voice.

He grinned, "Well, I suppose I'll have to make sure Freddy gets her rest, then; no wife of mine will put needless strain on herself against the doctor's orders."

"Well then it might be amusing to see you try to get Freddy Adlebloom to do something she don't want to do, then again if she will listen to anyone it is going to be you."
The Akashic said and gave a wry grin.

He nodded, "They really do exist. But they are rare, for several reasons."

"it would be facinating to meet such a creature."
Richard said still wide eyed.

He grinned, "Well, you'll get to meet her in around a half year's time, when I take her on as my apprentice. This particular one makes great efforts in staying, hm, fresh-minded, as it were. But part of the process of becoming one involves severing all attachments; unlife eternal in exchange for... hum, come to think of it, it's like a mirror darkly of Buddhism, I suppose."

"Another path of false immortality but one that harm no one but the lich itself then..."
Richard said then he sigh.
"Ah forgive me...I am Taoist myself, and one of the paths of this spirituality is attaining holy immortality, an alchemical perfection of mind, body and soul so no separation are longer needed...other ways to attain immortality are considered false, but yes what you describe is a bit like a twisted version of Buddhism. Hum...so she is coming here to learn silver smithing them...hum...I will look forward to meeting her..."

He frowned, "The serum is apparently a... derivative of the lichdom potion - infused with Primium particles to replace the Primium blade the lichdom ritual demands, I would hazard. There's... more to it, but not for speculating on now."

"Hum...I think I am going to have to study this ritual to know more about the infliction the serum causes..."
The doctor muttered and frowned.

He nodded, "The serum is honestly excellent for taking prisoners, but I don't think I can ever condone using it for holding prisoners beyond the first day..."

"Agreed, for taking prisoners the serum is fine but it is not humane for keeping them restrained if there are any other ways to hold their abilities."

He arched an eyebrow, "A Dungeons & Dragons reference? You are full of surprises, aren't you?"

"Ah yes well, I played a bit in collage, to be honest I mostly played because there was a girl in the local gaming group I wanted to impress."
Richard said and grinned.
"What you think I have never had a crush?"
He asked and scratched his head.

He nodded, "That was the time limit I was given, five years in the future, too. No more than three days."

Richard just nodded at that.

He nodded, "That will be acceptable; if it calms him, nothing is better, I suppose, and if not, well... then at least we tried."

"I have had to show on myself plenty of times that the smaller needles don't hurt to calm nervous patients, so as long as the sight of a needle don't upset the patient showing them how small a pediatric needle is will usually be calming."
The Akashic said softly.

He grimaced, "Asbestos would only mean I'd cook to death a little slower... Great against fire, not so good against heat."

"True enough...I guess stripping before the Chief's new apprentice is not the way to go then, for if there is one thing I know about the Chief, you don't want to get between the Chief and the safety of his students."
Richard said dryly.

He nodded, "Right, let's get it done, then."

Richard removed the IV with practice grace causing a minimum of discomfort, then he pressed the cotton swam against the puncture while he did several hand gestures with the other, these where quite dissimilar to what the Hermetics used, and the Akashic's fingers moved very little instead the way his hand where positioned where placed with great care and speed, when your Cabalmate removed the cotton swab there where no wound there only a slightly pink dot of new skin that itched slightly. Richard handed you the bloodied swab and stood.
"Well then let us rejoin the others."
He said and begun to walk in that direction.

Serge:

"Yeah that makes sense. I'll just help out around here." Serge nodded in agreement and stood back wondering if Master Morgan ever won a game against a skilled mind mage.

Jeffry considered for a moment as he regarded you.
"Hum...come to think about it we could need your help Mr Yager, your Mentor might be quite upset at me for putting you in harm's way but your skills are useful...if you are willing that is, however think before you answer young man, since there will be danger and if you help capturing that Nephanda you will have what will happen to her on your conscience for the rest of your life, I will not hold it against you if you would rather stay here."
The war mage said firmly.

Serge passed the tablet to Arn and then stood back listening to the mission briefing despite not actually going on the mission.

Arn nodded his thanks and begun reading, looking concerned as he did.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:36 pm

Anja's Post:
"Well the idea of a free market for trade is not a problem, it is more that everyone are being conditioned not to care, they want get up, get to work and then get home to their shows and TV dinner, not really caring if there is anything more in the world, they want to look good on Instagram, earn their paychecks and be entertained, such populations are easy to manage."

Nicole shook her head strongly in disagreement to this. 'They won't want that, not one fucking bit. They come home and fall in front of the TV with a ready meal because they're too tired after their day of being a wage-slave to do anything more. Half are like that 'cos they get paid a pittance and have to work every hour they can to keep the wolves from the door, the other half 'cos they on the treadmill of Syndicate consumerism, constantly buying more shit they don't need.'

Anja's Post:
"Well we certainly need a different modality for how to run the world, just draining more and more of our natural resources quicker and quicker is not going to work much longer. The problem however is that few will be willing to give up the comforts that capitalism brings now that they have them."
The Virtual Adept said and sigh.
"Also yes I agree many perhaps have a nagging feeling that something is wrong, but very few will ever do anything to do with that feeling, they are to controlled and to afraid to loose the comforts they have accumulated."
He said.

'What comforts? The working stiffs don't have it, the middle class is dying quicker than disco did. Slavery's booming and becoming more obvious. Y'know that the minimum wage has declined in value since Woodstock? Or that the bottom half of America hasn't had an actual pay increase since 1980?'

'Running on fumes, we are. And when they learn the "American Dream" is a crock of shit peddled by the Union to keep 'em docile little proles, well... the crock will hit the fan.' giving an evil-looking little grin.

Anja's Post:
"Give them some time Miss and you will get used to them, the magi of Steelhaven are good people."
Narim said and he smiled a little.
"Well in this case you are not to be blamed this was my idea, and for now we are safe we just need to keep and eye on the target and the Technocrats until help arrives."

'Didn't say they weren't... just I don't get where their heads are at, that's all. Not surprising, really... never much at school-learning, while most of them clearly were.' At this point, Nicole tapped the steering-wheel as she turned into another street to continue to circle around the target.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:43 pm

Nicole shook her head strongly in disagreement to this. 'They won't want that, not one fucking bit. They come home and fall in front of the TV with a ready meal because they're too tired after their day of being a wage-slave to do anything more. Half are like that 'cos they get paid a pittance and have to work every hour they can to keep the wolves from the door, the other half 'cos they on the treadmill of Syndicate consumerism, constantly buying more shit they don't need.'

"If that is true Miss then how come the rich do exactly the same thing, the distractions might be more expensive and luxurious but most are still content with a comfortable life with distractions, those who reach for greatness, become more are few and far between. I am not saying that there are not problems in this nation and many others with the rich exploiting those who have little and there should be better laws for minimum wage, healthcare and protections for workers, but that is not the problem for we see this apathy in all layers of society, and while a sense of hopelessness by living in squalor might increase such tendencies that do not mean it would all be solved if everyone where provided for."
Narim said and shook his head.

'What comforts? The working stiffs don't have it, the middle class is dying quicker than disco did. Slavery's booming and becoming more obvious. Y'know that the minimum wage has declined in value since Woodstock? Or that the bottom half of America hasn't had an actual pay increase since 1980?'

"Having the ability to eat one's fill, having a roof over one's head and cheap distractions are comforts. Yes there is allot that is rotten in the world however for most as long as they have the most basic needs of life met they do not wish to loose it in an attempt to get something better. The minimum wage should be raised, there should be universal healthcare there should be new rules for how much a banker can gamble with the money of their clients, and working for a betterment of our society is important, however we see the same social apathy in nations that do not have our problems to anywhere near the same degree."

'Running on fumes, we are. And when they learn the "American Dream" is a crock of shit peddled by the Union to keep 'em docile little proles, well... the crock will hit the fan.' giving an evil-looking little grin.

"That is doubtful if we look at history take for example the French revolution, it only happened when the common man was starved to the point of death that there was a call to arms and even then it was mostly due to manipulation from outside forces. The Russian revolution, the people rose up eventually but not for injustice, it was when they had gone hungry for quite some time when basic survival was threatened, the slave rebellions of Rome it was a minuscule number of the servile folk who actually rebelled and only when charismatic leaders spurred them to action, one of them a mage, most of the slaves where perhaps unhappy but as long as they had enough to eat and relative safety they where not willing to risk that for freedom, it is unlikely this will change in our times there is allot of complaining on social medial and some protest marches but actual real change seldom happens. For man to aspire to greatness he must find a cause greater than his or her own life, and few ever do."
The Virtual Adept said.

'Didn't say they weren't... just I don't get where their heads are at, that's all. Not surprising, really... never much at school-learning, while most of them clearly were.' At this point, Nicole tapped the steering-wheel as she turned into another street to continue to circle around the target.

"Not all of them are formally trained, but yes getting used to a new Chantry can take some time."
Narim said and smiled a little.
"I am hoping you will feel welcome Miss."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:33 pm

'Do I look like the type of girl who mixes with them lot [the rich] on a regular basis?' giving a wry smile. 'But I think I have an answer: tied to the machine as much as the wage-slaves, they are; simply they're at the top of it. Still have the crushing of self in the schools, the stream of capitalist propaganda beamed at them 24/7. Worse, they've become stupid and lazy, used to having others do the work for 'em and everything handed on a plate.'

'I think you're mistaking apathy with resignation or depression, I do. A lot of people have lost hope. But people don't change - not inside.' tapping her chest. 'It only takes a spark - a few leaders at the right moment - to kick the "apathetic" millions into action and the bastards who kept them there into the dustbin of history.'

'Naturally, said bastards are often puppets of the Mirrorshades. Or those vampire-kings, who are even worse 'cos they eat you literally too. Break the Union, show flames to the bloodsuckers... then let the Mundies take on their exploiters.' ending with a little smile.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:00 pm

Adjan nodded at that and he gave you a concerned look then he sigh. "We will get Master Sharaya back here safely and then I bet your Mentor will wag his finger quite a bit at him." He said with a grin. "Accompanied with some colorful language in Greek."

"Another person that will need my Greek language class," he said, trying to joke. But he looked worried and fairly unhappy as he stood there.

"No problem. If the situation involves combat then....wait what? Combat!" Serge said suddenly not expecting another attack after the recent one.
"Yes combat...hum...what you did during that attack was quite useful Mr Yager but I would not want to put you in danger."
Jeffry said as he regarded the young Cultist.
"I play bridge with you Mentor she would have my hide if anything happened to you while you where in my care."

"Yes...combat," he said, more or less in tandem with his pater, quirking a brow at him. It wasn't as if it was an enemy, they would be likely to just let themselves be captured without some type of struggle. It was probably telling that something else happening did not surprise him in the least.

"Mattapan is where Miss Cunningham where Gilgulled by her own kind, where Mr Karyak and Miss day found the man who broke loose in our basement collecting the shards of her soul and also where one of the Deacons of Riverside got injured by such a shard when she stepped out of the Umbra there."

"Ah, dammit..." he said with a frown as he was reminded what had gone on.

"Master Sharaya are tracking down the shadow lady as you call her yes and we are going to make sure that Master Sharaya and our new Chantrymate do not get themselves killed or captured in so doing, and perhaps we can capture the shadow lady as a bonus."

He nodded at the Chief. "Good, get our protections up here before we move?" he asked, eager to get ready to go in case something happened. Once Arn had finished reading he put his hand out for the frame. Realising Serge was lingering he turned to glance at him, as if wondering why he were still there staring at them all. He was about to say something about it not being a TV drama when his pater cut back in -
Jeffry considered for a moment as he regarded you. "Hum...come to think about it we could need your help Mr Yager, your Mentor might be quite upset at me for putting you in harm's way but your skills are useful...if you are willing that is, however think before you answer young man, since there will be danger and if you help capturing that Nephanda you will have what will happen to her on your conscience for the rest of your life, I will not hold it against you if you would rather stay here."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:05 pm

"It is no more dangerous that a jugular catheter as we discussed, if it is done by someone who knows what they are doing the risks are minimal, but it do require some skill. Now when that is said it is quite uncomfortable and often scary for the patients so it is best avoided unless there is no other choice. Do remember though that a lumbar puncture are quite routine when a woman is giving birth. However do not get me wrong with the testing I am talking about, whoever I do the teston, it will be quite painful we are talking about puncturing the spine twice one to inject the catalyst and then to draw a sample perhaps twenty minutes or so later, if you are a possible subject I am not to worried, you are used to handle pain and we do have anesthetics, but if it is the boy willing or unwilling or a prisoner, what I suggest can end up being rather traumatic but if it works it might give me the data I need to start working on a cure which in turn might save Freddy."
Richard said in a solemn tone of voice.
Colin pondered, "I... know of one other quite viable candidate - another rescue from Chicago; this one not Fallen... My lawyer means to apprentice her, but right now, she's on the serum. I will ask them when I return to Chicago for my apprentice."

"Well then it might be amusing to see you try to get Freddy Adlebloom to do something she don't want to do, then again if she will listen to anyone it is going to be you."
The Akashic said and gave a wry grin.
He smirked, "Ah, but I have a unique advantage. I can cook."

"it would be facinating to meet such a creature."
Richard said still wide eyed.
He nodded, "It is. Very much so."

"Another path of false immortality but one that harm no one but the lich itself then..."
Richard said then he sigh.
"Ah forgive me...I am Taoist myself, and one of the paths of this spirituality is attaining holy immortality, an alchemical perfection of mind, body and soul so no separation are longer needed...other ways to attain immortality are considered false, but yes what you describe is a bit like a twisted version of Buddhism. Hum...so she is coming here to learn silver smithing them...hum...I will look forward to meeting her..."
He nodded, then pondered, "That sounds essentially accurate - lichdom grants the practitioner effective immortality, but at a cost. Ascension becomes impossible while they live, and they are very hard to destroy. Hum, Taoism, that's the one with five elements, right? Replacing air with wood and... one other?"

"Hum...I think I am going to have to study this ritual to know more about the infliction the serum causes..."
The doctor muttered and frowned.
He smiled wryly, "I think I might have told you all that is not a Hermetic secret. They're very fond of secrets in the order... but essentially, as I understand it the potion is a preservative more than anything, keeping the cells from decaying past the point of death. The serum... I have some theories we shouldn't discuss here."

"Ah yes well, I played a bit in collage, to be honest I mostly played because there was a girl in the local gaming group I wanted to impress."
Richard said and grinned.
"What you think I have never had a crush?"
He asked and scratched his head.
He grinned, "I'd be more surprised if you hadn't. You just struck me more as a card player than a roleplayer."

"I have had to show on myself plenty of times that the smaller needles don't hurt to calm nervous patients, so as long as the sight of a needle don't upset the patient showing them how small a pediatric needle is will usually be calming."
The Akashic said softly.
He nodded, "There will be no trying that trick on Anna."

"True enough...I guess stripping before the Chief's new apprentice is not the way to go then, for if there is one thing I know about the Chief, you don't want to get between the Chief and the safety of his students."
Richard said dryly.
He nodded, "Mama bear, indeed."

Richard removed the IV with practice grace causing a minimum of discomfort, then he pressed the cotton swam against the puncture while he did several hand gestures with the other, these where quite dissimilar to what the Hermetics used, and the Akashic's fingers moved very little instead the way his hand where positioned where placed with great care and speed, when your Cabalmate removed the cotton swab there where no wound there only a slightly pink dot of new skin that itched slightly. Richard handed you the bloodied swab and stood.
"Well then let us rejoin the others."
He said and begun to walk in that direction.
He nodded, "Hm, I think I saw some of those gestures in, oh, what was that movie called again, Jackie Chan and Jet Li, helping to return the staff of the Monkey King... Ah, The Forbidden Kingdom."
He looked at his arm and nodded, "Elegant. Neat as you please... Let us go."
He followed Richard, casually rolling down his sleeve again and buttoning it.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:24 pm

Jeffry considered for a moment as he regarded you.
"Hum...come to think about it we could need your help Mr Yager, your Mentor might be quite upset at me for putting you in harm's way but your skills are useful...if you are willing that is, however think before you answer young man, since there will be danger and if you help capturing that Nephanda you will have what will happen to her on your conscience for the rest of your life, I will not hold it against you if you would rather stay here."
The war mage said firmly.

Serge looked shocked as the Master asked him to join the backup squad. The young cultists wan't sure how to respond. On one hand this was a chance to go on a real adventure, something he wanted to do since he was young. On the other hand he had had plenty of adventure today and knew how much of a detriment he could be to the mission.

"I doubt I'd be much of a help. I don't think I'd be right for this type of mission and the last thing you guys need is to be constantly looking over your shoulders making sure that I'm alright." Serge said nervously.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:07 pm

Nicole:

'Do I look like the type of girl who mixes with them lot [the rich] on a regular basis?' giving a wry smile. 'But I think I have an answer: tied to the machine as much as the wage-slaves, they are; simply they're at the top of it. Still have the crushing of self in the schools, the stream of capitalist propaganda beamed at them 24/7. Worse, they've become stupid and lazy, used to having others do the work for 'em and everything handed on a plate.'

"That one happen to be fortunate enough to be wealthy don't mean one is lazy or have everything handed to you on a silver platter, you lack some problems the poor have but being rich do not mean one is a bad person. Now you speak about the evils of capitalism but what are the alternative, human beings have always traded and sold and tried to improve their lot. Having a free market is not the problem, not having some laws in place to protect those who are weak and to make sure the free market do not become corrupted is. What we need is to free pepole's minds to think for themselves, make them want to think for themselves, and there are no quick fixes for that unfortunately."

'I think you're mistaking apathy with resignation or depression, I do. A lot of people have lost hope. But people don't change - not inside.' tapping her chest. 'It only takes a spark - a few leaders at the right moment - to kick the "apathetic" millions into action and the bastards who kept them there into the dustbin of history.'

"What you describe have never happened in the history of civilization, and let us say it do, then what happens if every part of rule and order are taken out by an angry mob,who exactly do you think society would survive?"
The Virtual Adept said and raised an eyebrow.

'Naturally, said bastards are often puppets of the Mirrorshades. Or those vampire-kings, who are even worse 'cos they eat you literally too. Break the Union, show flames to the bloodsuckers... then let the Mundies take on their exploiters.' ending with a little smile.

"I have seen what an angry mob can do, Now do not get me wrong I would love to defeat the Technocracy, however a mass rebellion of sleepers will not end in some noble world where everyone is equal it would end with blood and nothing else."

Adley and Serge:

"Another person that will need my Greek language class," he said, trying to joke. But he looked worried and fairly unhappy as he stood there.

"I think Master Sharaya have one of those translation apps on his phone..."
Adjan said and he tried to smile then he sigh.
"Listen my friend we are getting Master Sharaya back in one piece, I am sure he is safe."
The Euthanathos said trying to calm your fears.

"Yes...combat," he said, more or less in tandem with his pater, quirking a brow at him. It wasn't as if it was an enemy, they would be likely to just let themselves be captured without some type of struggle. It was probably telling that something else happening did not surprise him in the least.

Jeffry looked at for a moment he looked concerned but he said nothing more about it right at the moment.

"Ah, dammit..." he said with a frown as he was reminded what had gone on.

"Yes, so while we are traveling through the Umbra, if I say stop moving...do so, I will keep my eyes open for shards so follow my orders and keep your eyes open."
Your Mentor said firmly he looked worried though.

He nodded at the Chief. "Good, get our protections up here before we move?" he asked, eager to get ready to go in case something happened. Once Arn had finished reading he put his hand out for the frame. Realising Serge was lingering he turned to glance at him, as if wondering why he were still there staring at them all. He was about to say something about it not being a TV drama when his pater cut back in -

"We can not afford to wait, setting the wards back up will take far more time than we have, we don't now how long it will take before the Union men discover Master Sharaya and Miss Bouchard, we must go now and hope the wards will hold until we return."
Your Mentor said in a serious tone of voice. Arn handed you back your tablet the young Solificato looked rather concerned over what he had read.

"I doubt I'd be much of a help. I don't think I'd be right for this type of mission. The last thing you guys need is to be constantly looking over your shoulders making sure that I'm alright." Serge said nervously.

"Very well Mr Yager it is your choice but be sure that you choose what you actually want to do and not from a lack of self confidence. You would be expected to keep yourself out of trouble though we would protect you, you seam to be skilled at affecting the minds of foes in battle, I could ask another skilled wit such magick but right now there is little time, remember it is not just the one who wields the sword who matters it a war, but also all those who support them...well we must go."
The Master mage said as he begun to chant in Latin and moved his hands in elegant gestures.
"Stay close to me please everyone and keep your wits about you."
He said as a part of the air in the hallway started shimmering slightly and the Chief walked into this shimmering section and vanished.

Colin:

Colin pondered, "I... know of one other quite viable candidate - another rescue from Chicago; this one not Fallen... My lawyer means to apprentice her, but right now, she's on the serum. I will ask them when I return to Chicago for my apprentice."

"Very well, let us hope this woman agree to such an examination then for if she says no and the serum are flushed out of Kyle's system by that point then we are back with only having the prisoners to try to get to agree to this, also if we remove Kyle's IV then if we are going to use it we are going to have to go though all the effort of finding his veins all over again, are you sure we should not at least ask the boy, and his Mentor off course."
Richard asked.

He smirked, "Ah, but I have a unique advantage. I can cook."

"Ah bribery it is I see."
The Akashic said and grinned.

He nodded, then pondered, "That sounds essentially accurate - lichdom grants the practitioner effective immortality, but at a cost. Ascension becomes impossible while they live, and they are very hard to destroy. Hum, Taoism, that's the one with five elements, right? Replacing air with wood and... one other?"

"Metal...yes, well in many way it is less of one path as a collection of philosophies, the West have made an industry of the Tao of everything but that is rather a bullet point version, it is like saying that Christianity is about sitting on uncomfortable benches while listening to an old dude with an unhealthy relationship to little boys talk, yes that is part of it for sure but hardly the essence of the religion."
Richard said and frowned then he nodded.
"I see, liches sacrifice their future enlightenment for more life...that is kind of sad."

He smiled wryly, "I think I might have told you all that is not a Hermetic secret. They're very fond of secrets in the order... but essentially, as I understand it the potion is a preservative more than anything, keeping the cells from decaying past the point of death. The serum... I have some theories we shouldn't discuss here."

"Very well we can discuss it later."
Richard said then he smiled.
"And yes the Order sure are fond of their secrets, I am going to have to do some digging."

He grinned, "I'd be more surprised if you hadn't. You just struck me more as a card player than a roleplayer."

"I am not that fond of games in general, but yes I would probably rather play cards, but sometimes doing something with good friends over pizza and beer is more important that the activity itself."
The Akashic said and smiled.

He nodded, "There will be no trying that trick on Anna."

"No I get it...she is afraid of needles herself, but many like Kyle who have spent to much time in hospitals are less afraid of one part of it and more just uneasy about medical treatment in general and then showing them there will be no pain can help."
Richard said and nodded.
"Ehm...should I not mention it in front of her either...needle procedures I mean, should I wait until I can talk with you privately, normally I would make recommendations with the patient present but if she is that afraid it might be better if I went to you directly with her not present."
The Akashic asked.
"I would not want her to fear me as well."

He nodded, "Mama bear, indeed."

Richard grinned at that.

He nodded, "Hm, I think I saw some of those gestures in, oh, what was that movie called again, Jackie Chan and Jet Li, helping to return the staff of the Monkey King... Ah, The Forbidden Kingdom."

"They are showed in quite a few fantasy films yes. I can teach them to you if you wish, when there is time."
The doctor promised.

He looked at his arm and nodded, "Elegant. Neat as you please... Let us go."
He followed Richard, casually rolling down his sleeve again and buttoning it.

"Thank you, I have some practice."
Richard said and smiled as he lead the way back to the treatment room where Kyle and Freddy waited. Kyle was still playing his game, he looked better now but was still rather pale, Freddy was sitting by the boy's side talking with him, she looked rather concerned but focused on Kyle at the moment. Mona chimed into the conversation now and again but mostly she just sat waiting. Freddy smile when you came in.
"How did it go love?"
She asked. Kyle glanced at you.
"Are you alright Sir?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:36 pm

"I think Master Sharaya have one of those translation apps on his phone..." Adjan said and he tried to smile then he sigh. "Listen my friend we are getting Master Sharaya back in one piece, I am sure he is safe." The Euthanathos said trying to calm your fears.

"Yes, and we'll make sure he stays that way."

"Yes, so while we are traveling through the Umbra, if I say stop moving...do so, I will keep my eyes open for shards so follow my orders and keep your eyes open."

"Right," he said. "Shall I take the front then with you or middle?" he asked, since basically he was injured and Colin's words from before weren't wrong - it might be best to have a stronger person at the rear.

"We can not afford to wait, setting the wards back up will take far more time than we have, we don't now how long it will take before the Union men discover Master Sharaya and Miss Bouchard, we must go now and hope the wards will hold until we return." Your Mentor said in a serious tone of voice. Arn handed you back your tablet the young Solificato looked rather concerned over what he had read.

He'd meant personal shields but in effect the answer was the same - and just as worrying. He didn't like leaving the chantry without the defenses done being fixed either. At least his spiderling friends were helping with that. He hastily cleaned the frame and put it away as Arn returned it.

"I doubt I'd be much of a help. I don't think I'd be right for this type of mission. The last thing you guys need is to be constantly looking over your shoulders making sure that I'm alright." Serge said nervously.
Very well Mr Yager it is your choice but be sure that you choose what you actually want to do and not from a lack of self confidence. You would be expected to keep yourself out of trouble though we would protect you, you seam to be skilled at affecting the minds of foes in battle, I could ask another skilled wit such magick but right now there is little time, remember it is not just the one who wields the sword who matters it a war, but also all those who support them...well we must go." The Master mage said as he begun to chant in Latin and moved his hands in elegant gestures. "Stay close to me please everyone and keep your wits about you." He said as a part of the air in the hallway started shimmering slightly and the Chief walked into this shimmering section and vanished.

He watched as his pater created the spell to allow them to walk the umbral paths and stepped through the shimmering section of wall...
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:55 pm

"Yes, and we'll make sure he stays that way."

Adjan nodded at that.
"That we will my friend, that we will."

"Right," he said. "Shall I take the front then with you or middle?" he asked, since basically he was injured and Colin's words from before weren't wrong - it might be best to have a stronger person at the rear.

"Take the middle and Mr Terach will take up the rear."
Jeffry said.
"Keep your eyes open and stay alert.

He watched as his pater created the spell to allow them to walk the umbral paths and stepped through the shimmering section of wall...

You entered into the Penumbral representation of Steelhaven, the corridor was beautiful with book cases everywhere and fairy lights illuminating the ancient furniture. The wards looked like glowing armaments outside of the windows. You saw the guardian angle on duty, walking the hallways, he was better now but still looked a little ill. Jeffry gave the spirit a concerned look then he headed for the exit at some speed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:56 pm

"Very well Mr Yager it is your choice but be sure that you choose what you actually want to do and not from a lack of self confidence. You would be expected to keep yourself out of trouble though we would protect you, you seam to be skilled at affecting the minds of foes in battle, I could ask another skilled wit such magick but right now there is little time, remember it is not just the one who wields the sword who matters it a war, but also all those who support them...well we must go."
The Master mage said as he begun to chant in Latin and moved his hands in elegant gestures.
"Stay close to me please everyone and keep your wits about you."
He said as a part of the air in the hallway started shimmering slightly and the Chief walked into this shimmering section and vanished.

Serge nodded to show that he understood and then made sure to quickly get out of the way of anybody who needed to go through the portal. He watched as everyone entered the portal thoroughly enjoying the classic fantasy of a portal embedded within a wall.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:01 pm

Arn looked at you for a moment you have not yet learned the young alchemist's name, he took a small vial from his belt.
"Take this just in case there is trouble, take it and find somewhere to hide since our wards are currently weak."
He said the young man was not that much older than you.
"It is not a strong potion but it is all I can offer, hopefully there will be no issues until we are back."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:01 pm

"Very well, let us hope this woman agree to such an examination then for if she says no and the serum are flushed out of Kyle's system by that point then we are back with only having the prisoners to try to get to agree to this, also if we remove Kyle's IV then if we are going to use it we are going to have to go though all the effort of finding his veins all over again, are you sure we should not at least ask the boy, and his Mentor off course."
Richard asked.
Colin nodded, "We can certainly ask Kyle and Chief Morgan - but Kyle's not getting another dose, and he has issues with hospitals as it is... I don't think he will cooperate that far, but it's worth a try. I'll still ask my lawyer's apprentice-to-be if she's willing to assist."

"Ah bribery it is I see."
The Akashic said and grinned.
He smirked, "More like extortion. It is so easy to withhold good food and funny desserts."

"Metal...yes, well in many way it is less of one path as a collection of philosophies, the West have made an industry of the Tao of everything but that is rather a bullet point version, it is like saying that Christianity is about sitting on uncomfortable benches while listening to an old dude with an unhealthy relationship to little boys talk, yes that is part of it for sure but hardly the essence of the religion."
Richard said and frowned then he nodded.
"I see, liches sacrifice their future enlightenment for more life...that is kind of sad."
He shrugged, "Mmm, the elemental part is more of an alchemical understanding of the world, as I understand it? A natural counterpart to the western alchemy, with organs and aspects assigned to each element? In any case, I do take your point, and yes, liches sacrifice everything for an eternal existence. Oh, they do gain enlightenment, of sorts, they are just unable to take the final step into the next life. I think that realization is part of why liches are as rare as they are, though - though they sometimes occur naturally, rather than through ritual, it seems."

"Very well we can discuss it later."
Richard said then he smiled.
"And yes the Order sure are fond of their secrets, I am going to have to do some digging."
He nodded, "Well, if you are feeling particularly courageous, I suppose you could wait and ask Lady Crexia to your heart's content. Just keep in mind she was House Tremere's best torturer when the Order was still young, and she never fell with the rest of the House."

"I am not that fond of games in general, but yes I would probably rather play cards, but sometimes doing something with good friends over pizza and beer is more important that the activity itself."
The Akashic said and smiled.
He nodded, "Provided, of course, the activity itself is enjoyable. Personally, I played a bit of Runequest back in the day. I think I maybe still have the dice. That, or they are boxed up in my parents' attic back in England..."

"No I get it...she is afraid of needles herself, but many like Kyle who have spent to much time in hospitals are less afraid of one part of it and more just uneasy about medical treatment in general and then showing them there will be no pain can help."
Richard said and nodded.
"Ehm...should I not mention it in front of her either...needle procedures I mean, should I wait until I can talk with you privately, normally I would make recommendations with the patient present but if she is that afraid it might be better if I went to you directly with her not present."
The Akashic asked.
"I would not want her to fear me as well."
He nodded, "No discussing needles around her either, no. Also, I would appreciate it if, this time around, you don't suggest using force to feed her, at least not when she can hear. We... had a bit of difficulty in those future timelines, though part of that was due to keeping her on the serum - the stress took away her appetite. She was a bit worried that you would forcibly give her an IV drip when she was too weak to resist..."

"They are showed in quite a few fantasy films yes. I can teach them to you if you wish, when there is time."
The doctor promised.
He nodded, "I think I'd like that. I could use some training in hand-to-hand combat, as well, in any case. Rage and a dagger worked fine when Freddy got shot, but it's hardly a reliable technique... and it was so messy, to boot."

"Thank you, I have some practice."
Richard said and smiled as he lead the way back to the treatment room where Kyle and Freddy waited. Kyle was still playing his game, he looked better now but was still rather pale, Freddy was sitting by the boy's side talking with him, she looked rather concerned but focused on Kyle at the moment. Mona chimed into the conversation now and again but mostly she just sat waiting. Freddy smile when you came in.
"How did it go love?"
She asked. Kyle glanced at you.
"Are you alright Sir?"
He nodded to Freddy and Kyle, "I seem to be in as good shape as could be expected - a couple of particles that are slowly being flushed out even now. The doctor wants a blood sample from the injection site though, so... I'm going to have to drop my trousers for that. Lucky me. So, how are you two holding up?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:12 pm

Arn looked at you for a moment you have not yet learned the young alchemist's name, he took a small vial from his belt.
"Take this just in case there is trouble, take it and find somewhere to hide since our wards are currently weak."
He said the young man was not that much older than you.
"It is not a strong potion but it is all I can offer, hopefully there will be no issues until we are back."

Serge took the potion and looked at it carefully wondering what it did.

"Thanks. I doubt the Nephandi will try another attack so soon but you never know." Serge said with a smile at the young alchemist.

He wanted to ask what the potion did but he knew the seriousness of the situation and didn't want to delay the man any longer.

He waited until everyone had gone through the portal and then took the picture of Lisa Larson out.

"Welp. I could hide...I would prefer to hide....but I might as well confirm this picture of Lisa Larson with Miss Larson. Now if I was nearly dragged into a portal by a large slime tentacle monster where would I go to be traumatized...." Serge said to himself as he began to walk the halls of the chantry.

He remembered that Miss Larson was taken to Master Sharaya's room right when he teleported her out of danger. So he decided to go there first, remembering Master Sharaya's office from when he was teleported to Chicago.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:12 pm

"Take the middle and Mr Terach will take up the rear." Jeffry said. "Keep your eyes open and stay alert.

"Yes, sir."

You entered into the Penumbral representation of Steelhaven, the corridor was beautiful with book cases everywhere and fairy lights illuminating the ancient furniture. The wards looked like glowing armaments outside of the windows. You saw the guardian angle on duty, walking the hallways, he was better now but still looked a little ill. Jeffry gave the spirit a concerned look then he headed for the exit at some speed.

Now that he got another look at him, the guardian still seemed a bit disoriented or off to him in a way that he wasn't sure he could easily describe with just a glance. He hoped that he was alright after all. But there wasn't time to linger over it, his pater took off at a good clip and he tried to follow him as best he was able. He hadn't known they were 'walking' to Mattapan, through the umbra but it was faster though dangerous. Those shards were not to be discounted as extremely hazardous; what had happened to the Chorister was proof but his seeking was still fresh enough in mind as well. But there were other dangers too, so he tried to keep alert, actively searching for things that didn't make sense.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:46 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "We can certainly ask Kyle and Chief Morgan - but Kyle's not getting another dose, and he has issues with hospitals as it is... I don't think he will cooperate that far, but it's worth a try. I'll still ask my lawyer's apprentice-to-be if she's willing to assist."

"I agree he can not be given another dose so if we use him to test my theory it will have to be now, if he is not willing then your lawyer's apprentice is the only one we can put our hope is."

He smirked, "More like extortion. It is so easy to withhold good food and funny desserts."

"Ah...you are a devious one..."
The Akashic said sounding amused.

He shrugged, "Mmm, the elemental part is more of an alchemical understanding of the world, as I understand it? A natural counterpart to the western alchemy, with organs and aspects assigned to each element?

"Yes that is correct."
Richard said an nodded.
"The system is similar but the Eastern way to look at the Elements are cyclic in nature though."
He commented.

In any case, I do take your point, and yes, liches sacrifice everything for an eternal existence. Oh, they do gain enlightenment, of sorts, they are just unable to take the final step into the next life. I think that realization is part of why liches are as rare as they are, though - though they sometimes occur naturally, rather than through ritual, it seems."

"It would be a pretty dark path to follow."
Richard agreed.
"Liches occur naturally how do that happen?"

He nodded, "Well, if you are feeling particularly courageous, I suppose you could wait and ask Lady Crexia to your heart's content. Just keep in mind she was House Tremere's best torturer when the Order was still young, and she never fell with the rest of the House."

"I can not claim to be to knowledgeable on Hermetic Houses Colin, who where House Tremere again?"
He asked.
"A torturer? Oh my well I think I will have to figure this out before two months have passed so waiting to ask you undead friend is off the table."

He nodded, "Provided, of course, the activity itself is enjoyable. Personally, I played a bit of Runequest back in the day. I think I maybe still have the dice. That, or they are boxed up in my parents' attic back in England..."

"I do not think I have tried that one."
Richard said.
"Well such games are fine enough but it is not the activity I myself would have chosen, but done together with good friends it is fun enough."

He nodded, "No discussing needles around her either, no. Also, I would appreciate it if, this time around, you don't suggest using force to feed her, at least not when she can hear. We... had a bit of difficulty in those future timelines, though part of that was due to keeping her on the serum - the stress took away her appetite. She was a bit worried that you would forcibly give her an IV drip when she was too weak to resist..."

The Akashic sigh and nodded.
"I see, well a phobic child put on that serum would not be...good. I have to admit though it is hard for me to sit and watch a patient get weaker when a simple procedure could save them, and if she have a weak heart and pattern damage then she should eat and unless her veins are terrible I could just have numbed her skin so she would have never felt that IV going in...and..."
He shook his head.
"I guess part of me have trouble seeing this as anything but a Nephandus who have tried to kidnap a child so in your future visions I might have been colder towards her than I should, caring more that she stay alive to keep her soul from escaping through death than for her well being, I will try to be kinder to her this time around."
He promised.

He nodded, "I think I'd like that. I could use some training in hand-to-hand combat, as well, in any case. Rage and a dagger worked fine when Freddy got shot, but it's hardly a reliable technique... and it was so messy, to boot."

"I train on the roof every morning before breakfast Colin your are welcome to join me and I can give you a few lessons."
Richard offered.
"Well your rage did the trick though and that ended up being a very dead Nephandus."

He nodded to Freddy and Kyle, "I seem to be in as good shape as could be expected - a couple of particles that are slowly being flushed out even now. The doctor wants a blood sample from the injection site though, so... I'm going to have to drop my trousers for that. Lucky me. So, how are you two holding up?"

"I don't mind you dropping your trousers love."
Freddy said and grinned.
"It is just a shame I can really see enough details to enjoy the sight at the moment."
She commented and Richard blushed and Kyle rolled his eyes at you.
"I am...fine I am waiting to hear the result of my scan though I suspect it is not good...the particles in your body where being flushed out though so you are safe?"
Freddy asked you. Kyle looked at you for a moment and then at Freddy.
"Is she going to be okey?"
He asked.

Richard asked Mona to get you a robe and get everything ready then he went to find equipment he needed for the blood sample.
"Kyle...I know you have said I may not draw any of your blood and that is fine I am not going to not against your will, however would you look at this for a moment, I do have to try to talk you into it, i can scan your body magickally but I want to check it by mundane ways as well just to make sure the jhor in your system have done no harm."
The Akashic said as he get the equipment ready.
"Drawing your blood would not be like with getting that IV in your foot, this is the needle I would use, if you look at it compared to what I used on your foot can you see the size difference?"
He said and held the two up for the rather skeptical boy.
"Now the only thing I will ask you to do is watch as I do this on Colin here and hear his description of how it felt, if you still do not want to do it, we are not going to do it ok?"
He asked and Kyle sigh.
"Ok...I guess I can do that..."
He agreed but he sounded a little unhappy.

Serge and Adley:

Serge took the potion and looked at it carefully wondering what it did.

"Thanks. I doubt the Nephandi will try another attack so soon but you never know." Serge said with a smile at the young alchemist.

He wanted to ask what the potion did but he knew the seriousness of the situation and didn't want to delay the man any longer.

Arn nodded.
"I agree the chances are not great but keep that with you just to be sure and if there is trouble toss it at your enemy as hard as you can and run."
He instructed.

He waited until everyone had gone through the portal and then took the picture of Lisa Larson out.

"Welp. I could hide...I would prefer to hide....but I might as well confirm this picture of Lisa Larson with Miss Larson. Now if I was nearly dragged into a portal by a large slime tentacle monster where would I go to be traumatized...." Serge said to himself as he began to walk the halls of the chantry.

He remembered that Miss Larson was taken to Master Sharaya's room right when he teleported her out of danger. So he decided to go there first, remembering Master Sharaya's office from when he was teleported to Chicago.

Narim opened the door when you knocked on the door to his office, you did not see Miss Larson there though but what had been said that the man was co locating appeared to be true.
"Mr Yager right? Ehm what can I do for you?"
The young Master of the Art asked.

Now that he got another look at him, the guardian still seemed a bit disoriented or off to him in a way that he wasn't sure he could easily describe with just a glance. He hoped that he was alright after all. But there wasn't time to linger over it, his pater took off at a good clip and he tried to follow him as best he was able. He hadn't known they were 'walking' to Mattapan, through the umbra but it was faster though dangerous. Those shards were not to be discounted as extremely hazardous; what had happened to the Chorister was proof but his seeking was still fresh enough in mind as well. But there were other dangers too, so he tried to keep alert, actively searching for things that didn't make sense.

Jeffry lead the way out of the Chantry's Umbral representation and out into the less physical near Umbra where things where more concepts than how they appeared in the physical world and Steelhaven was a colorful university, the convenience store down the street an wast market...but there where little time to admire the sights as the Master of the Art brought the group even deeper into the formative layer of the Middle Umbra, here the Supernal, first stages of creation had happened but the spark of creation had not traveled further down the tree and this realm where fleeting and shaping itself to the mind of those who saw it. Jeffry followed a cobbled path into a dark city that grew increasingly darker, with broken skyscrapers and houses in ill repair the situation growing worse the closer the group got toe Mattapan. Now and again you saw spirits and some of them glanced at your groups, most of them where just busy with their tasks though and payed the group of magi no heed. Suddenly as you walked you saw something, something brilliant and beautiful, like a shard of iridescent glass made from dreams and wonder stuck in the side of a run down hovel, just sitting there but as your group walked closer that shard started moving, struggling to get loose and like in your Seeking your heard it wailing for a host.
"Be careful."
Jeffry warned.
"What is that thing!"
Arn asked his eyes wide.
"What ht fuck is that thing!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:07 pm

Arn nodded.
"I agree the chances are not great but keep that with you just to be sure and if there is trouble toss it at your enemy as hard as you can and run."
He instructed.

Serge nodded and carefully stored the potion away. He was very grateful that Arn had told him to throw it at his enemies. His first thoughts were to drink it.....

Narim opened the door when you knocked on the door to his office, you did not see Miss Larson there though but what had been said that the man was co locating appeared to be true.
"Mr Yager right? Ehm what can I do for you?"
The young Master of the Art asked.

Serge looked surprised at seeing a man who was supposedly tracking a Nephanda right in front of him.

"Whoa! Wait how are you...ohhhh right. Co-locating and that freaky being everywhere at once thing. Damn that's cool! Serge said remembering what Master Morgan had said.

"Anyways, I was just looking for Miss Larson. I need her to confirm a picture of her mother. Last I remember you teleported her to your office...I think. Do you know where she is now?" Serge asked the freaky co-locating mage.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:34 pm

"I agree he can not be given another dose so if we use him to test my theory it will have to be now, if he is not willing then your lawyer's apprentice is the only one we can put our hope is."
Colin nodded, "Well, one thing at a time..."

"Ah...you are a devious one..."
The Akashic said sounding amused.
He smiled smugly, "When it is necessary."
He frowned, "Of course, I shouldn't take pride in that... I've got quite the reckoning waiting for me when we get back. I almost did something terrible in Chicago..."

"It would be a pretty dark path to follow."
Richard agreed.
"Liches occur naturally how do that happen?"
He shrugged, "I'm not certain, actually - I know little enough of the process to begin with. But I would hypothesize it can happen if a Mage is born with a phylactery - their Avatar bound in an item or location instead of inside their soul - and then grows to great power as a recluse with few or no attachments... and then dies without anyone noticing, including themselves, simply carrying on as though nothing was different. Mind you, this is speculation on my part, based on very incomplete information and a substantial amount of fantasy literature, so i could fathomably be way off target."

"I can not claim to be to knowledgeable on Hermetic Houses Colin, who where House Tremere again?"
He asked.
"A torturer? Oh my well I think I will have to figure this out before two months have passed so waiting to ask you undead friend is off the table."
He frowned, "I'm told I would have made a fine Tremere... They were diplomats and warriors; advisors and viziers. They... were the ones who instigated the Schism War, when the Order of Hermes went to war against the Diedne - the forebears of the Verbena. What nobody knew was that the rot in Tremere, both the man and his House, was already deep... what was once a noble House of Hermetics is now a lineage of vampires. I've met two who were members of the House; one who escaped through lichdom, joining House Tytalus, and one who was dragged down into a less benevolent undeath when the House fell..."
He nodded, "I will give her your contact information when next I speak with her, so that she might help your research."

"I do not think I have tried that one."
Richard said.
"Well such games are fine enough but it is not the activity I myself would have chosen, but done together with good friends it is fun enough."
He smiled wryly, "Mostly similar, though Runequest uses percentile rolls for almost everything, and it has a race of Disney-style ducks who just happens to be one of the hardiest races in the world. There's... a bit of weirdness in the setting I don't think is paralleled in the official D&D rules, actually."

The Akashic sigh and nodded.
"I see, well a phobic child put on that serum would not be...good. I have to admit though it is hard for me to sit and watch a patient get weaker when a simple procedure could save them, and if she have a weak heart and pattern damage then she should eat and unless her veins are terrible I could just have numbed her skin so she would have never felt that IV going in...and..."
He shook his head.
"I guess part of me have trouble seeing this as anything but a Nephandus who have tried to kidnap a child so in your future visions I might have been colder towards her than I should, caring more that she stay alive to keep her soul from escaping through death than for her well being, I will try to be kinder to her this time around."
He promised.
He nodded, "She may have come along to abduct a child... but she is a child herself. And... I have failed her; not so much in this life as in the last. She has to live, so I can start making amends..."

"I train on the roof every morning before breakfast Colin your are welcome to join me and I can give you a few lessons."
Richard offered.
"Well your rage did the trick though and that ended up being a very dead Nephandus."
He nodded, "Well, then, I'll try to make it up there in time after my morning run."

"I don't mind you dropping your trousers love."
Freddy said and grinned.
"It is just a shame I can really see enough details to enjoy the sight at the moment."
She commented and Richard blushed and Kyle rolled his eyes at you.
"I am...fine I am waiting to hear the result of my scan though I suspect it is not good...the particles in your body where being flushed out though so you are safe?"
Freddy asked you. Kyle looked at you for a moment and then at Freddy.
"Is she going to be okey?"
He asked.
He grinned, "Oh, you are shameless, luv. Not to worry, there'll be plenty of time for you to ogle me later, I'm certain."
He nodded, "A couple of lingering particles, already on their way out of the system. I'm safe, at least as far as the serum is concerned."
He sighed and glanced at Richard, then nodded, "There's reason for concern with your scan, luv - Dr. Lee has a few ideas for how to handle it with far less risk than normal surgery would entail. And I'm confident you'll be fine. Hell, I spoke with your future self, and you were preparing to travel, perhaps some two centuries from now."

Richard asked Mona to get you a robe and get everything ready then he went to find equipment he needed for the blood sample.
"Kyle...I know you have said I may not draw any of your blood and that is fine I am not going to not against your will, however would you look at this for a moment, I do have to try to talk you into it, i can scan your body magickally but I want to check it by mundane ways as well just to make sure the jhor in your system have done no harm."
The Akashic said as he get the equipment ready.
"Drawing your blood would not be like with getting that IV in your foot, this is the needle I would use, if you look at it compared to what I used on your foot can you see the size difference?"
He said and held the two up for the rather skeptical boy.
"Now the only thing I will ask you to do is watch as I do this on Colin here and hear his description of how it felt, if you still do not want to do it, we are not going to do it ok?"
He asked and Kyle sigh.
"Ok...I guess I can do that..."
He agreed but he sounded a little unhappy.
He put the pen case with his pants as he changed into the robe and sat down, indicating the bruise on his leg to Richard, "Well, this should be a delight, a long, thin needle poking into where I set the serum."
He sighed softly, "Oh, well, doctor - no time like the present; stab away."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:33 am

Anja's Post:
"That one happen to be fortunate enough to be wealthy don't mean one is lazy or have everything handed to you on a silver platter, you lack some problems the poor have but being rich do not mean one is a bad person. Now you speak about the evils of capitalism but what are the alternative, human beings have always traded and sold and tried to improve their lot. Having a free market is not the problem, not having some laws in place to protect those who are weak and to make sure the free market do not become corrupted is. What we need is to free pepole's minds to think for themselves, make them want to think for themselves, and there are no quick fixes for that unfortunately."

'Words into my mouth, you're putting.' Nicole complained. 'Didn't say the rich were bad people on principle. I'm being nice by calling them stupid; I'm allowing them to plead ignorance - for if they're smart, it means they actively wanted a system which keeps most folk in the dirt. As for lazy... I've seen them around enough. Maids, childcare, gardeners... even somebody to scrape the shit off the sidewalk what their dog put there. Trust-fund babies "playing work" 'cos The Money is sorted.'

'"What are the alternatives"?' she echoed. 'Now, that is just a lazy argument. Alternatives exist, and have done for centuries. Capitalism is built on inequality and exploitation - people, ideas, resources. It cannot be reformed or contained - like slavery cannot be either.'

'We are in a world where people are judged by what they own, not what they do. The whole of society is geared to the worship of money. You want to free people's minds? Removing the worship of Mammon would be one hell of a start.'

Anja's Post:
"What you describe have never happened in the history of civilization, and let us say it do, then what happens if every part of rule and order are taken out by an angry mob,who exactly do you think society would survive?"
The Virtual Adept said and raised an eyebrow.

'What, there's never been a revolution?' tone incredulous.

Anja's Post:
"I have seen what an angry mob can do, Now do not get me wrong I would love to defeat the Technocracy, however a mass rebellion of sleepers will not end in some noble world where everyone is equal it would end with blood and nothing else."

'Sure it will bloody. That is something any revolutionary has to accept. But it is a war - the ruling class will not roll over and give up control without a fight. It has never done before.'

'Any updates on the others yet? I'm running out of options for driving around and suspect somebody's gonna notice us soon.'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:00 am

Travelling around the higher parts of the umbra was trickier...easier to get lost, as it literally shaped itself on concepts. Underfoot was a cobble road and as Boston fell away and Mattapan approached, it grew dimmer around him, broken and decayed. He wished that Colin was with them, but perhaps he wasn't supposed to be, considering what Mundi had said. That the one outside the window was someone that Colin had met in another(?) point in time. The fact that Mundi did not like the woman at all didn't bode well; it didn't seem as if it were his student Anna. Things continued to darken until the shining brightness caught in the run down house, he saw it vibrating there half-stuck where it did not belong, trying to escape, crying out with mournful desperation to be reunited with its host where it did. He felt a pang of empathy but knew that attention to it could cause straying, and that wasn't good. They had to stay on the path. Nearby he heard his pater's warning and Arn's alarm. "A sliver of a shattered avatar...it cries for its own host but may try for us if we are too close...it knows we are here...can we evade it?" he asked, wary. "Pater, in my seeking there way to keep them off, but it was very difficult to do..." He explained succinctly in Latin as much as he recalled of the rote he had used to make it through the storm, though it was like remembering instructions from a dream. He knew he had said a specific set of words, his hands had moved into specific positions, and that at a certain point his whole being had become that one action and the voices of the storm all around, mind body and spirit, over and over until they were safe. He knew that he was not strong enough now to do such a thing, he was not sure how much of it he remembered or even if it could be put to use, but the way the shard was trying to pull free...
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:20 am

Serge:

Serge looked surprised at seeing a man who was supposedly tracking a Nephanda right in front of him.

"Whoa! Wait how are you...ohhhh right. Co-locating and that freaky being everywhere at once thing. Damn that's cool! Serge said remembering what Master Morgan had said.

Narim smiled a little at that.
"Well it is a rather useful trick I have to say. So what brings you to my door Mr Yager?"
He asked.

"Anyways, I was just looking for Miss Larson. I need her to confirm a picture of her mother. Last I remember you teleported her to your office...I think. Do you know where she is now?" Serge asked the freaky co-locating mage.

"Let me see, I usually know where everyone is...Hannah Larson...ah yes she is in Miss Rizzo's room until her own can be repaired."
The Virtual Adept said and gave you a room number in the third floor.
"A picture of Larson herself? Well now that can come in handy."

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Well, one thing at a time..."

"True enough that."
Richard agreed.
"One thing at the time."

He smiled smugly, "When it is necessary."
He frowned, "Of course, I shouldn't take pride in that... I've got quite the reckoning waiting for me when we get back. I almost did something terrible in Chicago..."

"Something terrible? Hum well it is war terrible things happen Colin, we do what we have to in order to protect ourselves, protect everyone."
Your Cabalmate said softly.
"Even terrible things."

He shrugged, "I'm not certain, actually - I know little enough of the process to begin with. But I would hypothesize it can happen if a Mage is born with a phylactery - their Avatar bound in an item or location instead of inside their soul - and then grows to great power as a recluse with few or no attachments... and then dies without anyone noticing, including themselves, simply carrying on as though nothing was different. Mind you, this is speculation on my part, based on very incomplete information and a substantial amount of fantasy literature, so i could fathomably be way off target."

"Well I have heard of stranger things happening, then again it is hard to comment on a a speculation, but do you not need a strong will a specially prepared materials to become a lich?"

He frowned, "I'm told I would have made a fine Tremere... They were diplomats and warriors; advisors and viziers. They... were the ones who instigated the Schism War, when the Order of Hermes went to war against the Diedne - the forebears of the Verbena. What nobody knew was that the rot in Tremere, both the man and his House, was already deep... what was once a noble House of Hermetics is now a lineage of vampires. I've met two who were members of the House; one who escaped through lichdom, joining House Tytalus, and one who was dragged down into a less benevolent undeath when the House fell..."
He nodded, "I will give her your contact information when next I speak with her, so that she might help your research."

"That is a truly sad tale Colin."
The doctor said and frowned.
"A Hermetic House becoming vampires, I wonder if that is why the Chief is so afraid of the creatures, now don't get me wrong my own Tradition is not exactly friendly towards vampires either, especially the Western ones but the Order of Hermes seam to really not like them."
He said then he added.
"Thank you that would be most helpful I would love to talk with the woman for my research."

He smiled wryly, "Mostly similar, though Runequest uses percentile rolls for almost everything, and it has a race of Disney-style ducks who just happens to be one of the hardiest races in the world. There's... a bit of weirdness in the setting I don't think is paralleled in the official D&D rules, actually."

Richard grinned a little at that.
"Well it certainly sound entertaining not that I have much time for gaming these days between my duties at the Chantry and my job here at the hospital and my own studies."

He nodded, "She may have come along to abduct a child... but she is a child herself. And... I have failed her; not so much in this life as in the last. She has to live, so I can start making amends..."

"I will treat her kinder and gentler then Colin, I can not say I can completely look past what she is, but I will treat her like a child and make sure she is not scared of me."
The Akashic promised.

He nodded, "Well, then, I'll try to make it up there in time after my morning run."

"I hope to see you there then."
Richard said and smiled.

He grinned, "Oh, you are shameless, luv. Not to worry, there'll be plenty of time for you to ogle me later, I'm certain."

"But there is so much oogeling to do, I was hoping to get a head start."
Freddy replied and grinned.

He nodded, "A couple of lingering particles, already on their way out of the system. I'm safe, at least as far as the serum is concerned."

"That is good to hear."
Freddy said and she drew a deep breath of relief.

He sighed and glanced at Richard, then nodded, "There's reason for concern with your scan, luv - Dr. Lee has a few ideas for how to handle it with far less risk than normal surgery would entail. And I'm confident you'll be fine. Hell, I spoke with your future self, and you were preparing to travel, perhaps some two centuries from now."

Richard looked rather uncomfortable for a moment then he nodded.
"There is a rather large lump of particles in your brain Freddy, pressing on a vein if that...vein are cut you will be in trouble, as it stands the only possibilities are surgery or a skilled teleporter removing the lump of Primium, however I might have an idea to coax it out into the cerebral fluid, but to do so I am going to find someone to test my theories on, and no it can not be you, the lump is to delicately placed to risk experimenting with."
He said and Freddy paled and took a deep breath and looked at you.
"I hope your future visions are true then love."
She muttered she was clearly very scared but she kept herself under control, she did not want to freak out here where her doing so would scare Kyle and besides it would not serve any purpose.
"So what do we do now?"

Kyle looked at Freddy with worried eyes, he did not know what to say though and remained silent.

He put the pen case with his pants as he changed into the robe and sat down, indicating the bruise on his leg to Richard, "Well, this should be a delight, a long, thin needle poking into where I set the serum."
He sighed softly, "Oh, well, doctor - no time like the present; stab away."

Mona handed you a simple, white hospital robe and indicated a screen you could change behind.

Richard smiled a little.
"Stabbing would be more the Verbena's department not mine, and the needles is not very long either..."
He said as he quickly examined your thigh quickly found a vein close to the bruise and placed the needle expertly. His fingers searching around the bruise hurt a little as the area was very tender, the prick of the tiny needle though felt like a fingernail scraping across your skin and little more.
"Well this will take some time, the downside of these pediatric needles and the reason why they are not really used in older patients unless there is a good reason for it."
The Akashic said wryly as he begun to fill a few tubes. Kyle looked in your direction and frowned.
"Dos it hurt Sir?"
He asked.

Nicole:

'Words into my mouth, you're putting.' Nicole complained. 'Didn't say the rich were bad people on principle. I'm being nice by calling them stupid; I'm allowing them to plead ignorance - for if they're smart, it means they actively wanted a system which keeps most folk in the dirt. As for lazy... I've seen them around enough. Maids, childcare, gardeners... even somebody to scrape the shit off the sidewalk what their dog put there. Trust-fund babies "playing work" 'cos The Money is sorted.'

"What make you think an individual who happens to have means are any more capable of changing the system and anyone else? Like I said there is an apathy in the world, this system is generally accepted, and unless that person of means also have the right contacts, have actually enough money to go into politics and not be owned by anyone, and have the understanding for politics, there is nothing they can do. Now paying someone to do some jobs so that you can focus on others do not mean that you are lazy."
Narim said.

"What are the alternatives"?' she echoed. 'Now, that is just a lazy argument. Alternatives exist, and have done for centuries. Capitalism is built on inequality and exploitation - people, ideas, resources. It cannot be reformed or contained - like slavery cannot be either.'

"I beg to differ, not presenting alternatives are a lazy argument, give me one example of a society that have not had a free market that have worked. You have many examples of societies that do it so much better than USA, societies that have more compassionate laws and are more socially oriented but even they have a free market though there are regulations here and there to protect the environment and society in general but show me one society that have not had any form of capitalism that have not had far less freedom, there there have not been greater injustice done in the name of keeping everyone equal, than are even done in this nation. Human beings like to be rewarded for their time and effort, telling someone who have a resource that they can not sell to the highest bidder go against human nature and so the population needs to be tightly controlled. We need a system that takes care of the poor, limit the power of big businesses and sort out allot of the corruptions of USA but that do not mean we should throw the baby out with the bathwater Miss."

'We are in a world where people are judged by what they own, not what they do. The whole of society is geared to the worship of money. You want to free people's minds? Removing the worship of Mammon would be one hell of a start.'

"I do not agree with judging a person based on what they own rather than what they do. However as long as there are limited resources to go around who would you then do it if people can not in some what trade for these resources, like human beings have done since the time one cave man discovered that his area had allot of berries and the neighboring tribe had clean water and so trading begun. I guess the time we no longer need to eat or protect ourselves from the elements there is a freedom in that but before then we need resources and those resources are traded for and there is nothing wrong in that."

'What, there's never been a revolution?' tone incredulous.

"As I said earlier off course there have but it did not happen in the romanticized way you describe, there where no spark to rouse the millions, some contained hungry hordes who fraught for their lives and then settled down as soon as they where fed, most where lead by some charismatic leaders, and often controlled by forces from the shadows and only when the wind was blowing in the uprising's direction did the majority of people join in. I am also saying that the result of those revolutions usually have been a worse situation than what was had before. Only slow, steady social change have proven to reliable give a better situation for the people you want to protect."

'Sure it will bloody. That is something any revolutionary has to accept. But it is a war - the ruling class will not roll over and give up control without a fight. It has never done before.'

"And then what, once everyone who happened to have money, and everyone who work for the government and everyone who got in between and all the innocents who will suffer during a war have been killed, what then, anarchy? for trust me that is not going to protect anyone it is just another version of the same thing only now the resource that will give someone benefits are the ability to fight, those who do not, or who do not prostrate themselves before strong warriors will still get crushed."

Any updates on the others yet? I'm running out of options for driving around and suspect somebody's gonna notice us soon.'

"They just left the Chantry and are coming towards us through the Umbra."
Narim said and frowned.
"Let us meet up with them,if you take to the right here."

Adley:

"A sliver of a shattered avatar...it cries for its own host but may try for us if we are too close...it knows we are here...can we evade it?" he asked, wary. "Pater, in my seeking there way to keep them off, but it was very difficult to do..." He explained succinctly in Latin as much as he recalled of the rote he had used to make it through the storm, though it was like remembering instructions from a dream. He knew he had said a specific set of words, his hands had moved into specific positions, and that at a certain point his whole being had become that one action and the voices of the storm all around, mind body and spirit, over and over until they were safe. He knew that he was not strong enough now to do such a thing, he was not sure how much of it he remembered or even if it could be put to use, but the way the shard was trying to pull free...

"Well damn..."
Arn muttered and he glanced at the shard.
"That is quite terrifying."
The Solificato commented.

Jeffry listened to what you where saying intently.
"Hum that might work...if I fill in the gaps a little."
He muttered as his hands begun to move the ways yours had and he chanted in Latin.
"Et tu iubes amisit reditus in tenebras inter quas eieci te!"
He commanded and the shard did stop straggling for a moment but it still mournfully cried for it's lost host. You could feel your Avatar growing uneasy in your soul.
"Let us get out of here."
Jeffry muttered and his gestures changed as he cast one more spell and brought the group of magi through the layers of the Umbra, the Pen Umbral version of Mattapan looking pretty decayed with crumbling buildings and dark,muted colors everywhere, then there was another portal andthe Chief started herding everyone through, he glanced over at you for a moment.
"That rote you described mea filius...is most useful."
He said approvingly as he held the portal open until everyone had gotten back into physical reality.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top