Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:18 pm

(OOC: Colin is at the hospital with Kyle and Freddy gettingKyle's scan done. Nicole is in a back ally facing down the woman that was messing with Steelhaven's guardian spirit, Adley is near the same back ally helping out with providing back up. Serge is talking with Hanna Larson about her mother in Bianca's apartment, and Tane have been reading all night to brush up on mage law and now it is time to go and meet Ravenblood's furry friends. Happy gaming everyone.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:40 pm

You suddenly see her, the woman in the dark hoodie quickly making her way across the street and heading for the deepest part of that dark alleyway, perhaps hoping to escape though the Umbra or find a place with no prying eyes to work her magick. Jeffry made a signal to follow the woman through she was still some distance away.
The woman in the hoodie suddenly turned...

His best hurry was not nearly as fast as he he wanted. He tried to keep an lookout on their surroundings, for people - regular sleepers or Technocrats, traps but mostly trying to keep their fleeing target in sight so he could get an aim on her when there was a chance, whether that was with his gun or a spell. His pater had said as soon as they could take her down, away from the sleepers and he meant to try. She stopped, turning but not towards them...up to something. He raised his free hand to shape the correct sigils, calling out to control the powers of the earth as he tried to cast the spell to shift the gravity below her so she couldn't move.

// arete for forces: 7, 7, 5 - I think that's a miss
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:11 pm

"You are probably right about that Colin."
Colin smiled thinly, "For now... observe the plans within plans within plans. And stay alert."

Kyle did not weigh much as he was pretty grunt, and now he was rather limp already mostly asleep. Richard nodded and got the door support of the wheelchair up to support the boy's foot.
"Good idea."
He smiled wryly, "I've seen enough people with legs in casts to know that a little support goes a long way..."

"I will get Kyle something to eat, a snack and perhaps a bag of candy or something, anything to make him feel a little better."
Freddy agreed and ran her thumb over your hand gently.
"Take care of hi Colin...well you need to get Kyle to his scan so I will leave you to it but I still do not like this."
The Virtual Adept grumbled before she finally let go of your hand and begun to walk towards the cafeteria with a final look back at Kyle.
He nodded, "I don't particularly like it, either... but it's the best option right now, and he did agree to it. I'll respect his courage - and his limitations. I believe some chocolate chip cookies will meet Kyle's approval."

(OOC: Yay XP. I think I'm approaching another dot in something! Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:29 pm

Anja's Post:
The woman in the hoodie suddenly turned towards you, she was plain with blueish gray and a sharp face with full lips and a thin nose, as she saw you one of her hands went to the small of her back, there was a chance she had a holster with a gun there. From the alleyway she was headed into you heard two set of footsteps running towards you and the young woman.

This outcome was not unexpected. And with her pistol, more familiar to her than the hand holding it. Like her, sturdy, reliable and a touch on the heavy side. But carved from solid steel, not some of that "polymer" stuff seen around now. An old, trusted piece.

She didn't think, just did; aiming it at the top of the target's thigh and letting off a round. The footsteps - well, that's a problem to deal with in a moment. Ready to throw herself behind the trashcans if the target managed to get out a weapon before she went down...

[Attempting 'Deadaim']

[I am unsure exactly whether it is a page limit or a post limit. I have encountered it only once; and it cut off at 999 posts / 40 pages.]
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:59 pm

Adley and Nicole:

His best hurry was not nearly as fast as he he wanted. He tried to keep an lookout on their surroundings, for people - regular sleepers or Technocrats, traps but mostly trying to keep their fleeing target in sight so he could get an aim on her when there was a chance, whether that was with his gun or a spell.

Now and again a car passed, a couple went into the diner and an older man went out to his car, everyone purposefully avoided seeing what happened in the back allies though, it was that kind of neighborhood. You notice Nicole there taking aim at the target, just about the same time as your Mentor said.
"There is someone in the ally behind the Nephanda, stay alert."

His pater had said as soon as they could take her down, away from the sleepers and he meant to try. She stopped, turning but not towards them...up to something. He raised his free hand to shape the correct sigils, calling out to control the powers of the earth as he tried to cast the spell to shift the gravity below her so she couldn't move.

You did the sigils correctly you think and you felt Quintessence flow, from the Pool to the fire angle and from her to you, but getting it from you to shape it though your will to form the effect you wanted where not easy, pain clouded your mind and you just did not manage to focus well enough and you felt your rote just fall apart, just like they often had done right after your Awakening, accomplishing nothing.

She didn't think, just did; aiming it at the top of the target's thigh and letting off a round. The footsteps - well, that's a problem to deal with in a moment. Ready to throw herself behind the trashcans if the target managed to get out a weapon before she went down...

The woman in the hoodie swore as she was thrown to the ground by the force of the bullet hitting something...around her, something hard and tough enough to stop a bullet and yet it was nothing you could see and the bullet fell to the ground, you had seen the Hermetic of your old Cabal use these kinetic shields before, they could be a bitch to get though but given enough damage they did crack and go down leaving the mage inside vulnerable and exposed. The woman in the Hoodie where not content to sit and wait for that to happen though, she was on her ass but she still tossed something at you that really looked like a science experiment gone wrong, there was a circuit board, and then you heard a humming sound as if something was about to explode.
"Get down!"
The woman called to whoever was still in the ally behind her.

Adley you see your Mentor's eyes widen for just one moment and he just reached out his hand at something, you saw Nicole fire at the target but while the woman was thrown back she was not hurt, you had seen kinetic shields before, and you saw the Nephanda tossing something and then you heard that high pitched sound, which suddenly stopped as Jeffry closed his fist. The Nephanda looked mightily disappointed that her effect had been stopped.
"Fuck!"
She shouted as she tried to get to her feet.

Colin:

Colin smiled thinly, "For now... observe the plans within plans within plans. And stay alert."

Richard just raised and eyebrow at that.

He smiled wryly, "I've seen enough people with legs in casts to know that a little support goes a long way..."

"Well it is not as needed here but it might make the boy a little more comfortable and keeping his leg up helps keep the puncture nice and clean until I can heal it."
The Akashic agreed.

He nodded, "I don't particularly like it, either... but it's the best option right now, and he did agree to it. I'll respect his courage - and his limitations. I believe some chocolate chip cookies will meet Kyle's approval."

"I will see if I can get him some cookies then."
Freddy agreed she looked at Kyle one last time then she left. Richard started rolling Kyle towards the MRI chambers which where considerably bigger then the CT, by the time you had arrived the young mage was sound asleep. Richard gently gave the boy the contrast agent then placed him on the tray of the machine, using a mask to hold his head perfectly still, then he rolled him into the machine as if it where a giant oven.
"I will go to the control room then Colin, you should be safe to stay with the boy if you wish..."
The doctor told you.
"If he wakes up and panic you can stop the scan with the button on the wall over there, and he also have emergency stop buttons inside with him, though the best is if you can keep him calm so I can finish the scan."

(OOC: Dots are good for you in the World of Darkness unless it is dots in Jhor, they are not good for you.)

(OOC 2: A max of 999 posts per thread do make sense.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:20 pm

"Are yours as scary and freaky as the ones my sister paints?"
Bianca asked sounding a bit skeptical.

"Probably not." Serge said honestly. "My trance drawings normally depict what people around me are thinking."

"I can make a snack as well if you like."
Bianca said as she went to the kitchen.
"Well to answer your questions in order, yes I have grown my own leaves, all plants are magickal it all depends on how you use them and yes I can make magick tea."
The Verbena replied.

"Really! Damn that sounds awesome. What could you make it do?" Serge said throughly amused by the notion of magickal tea.

Hannah smiled as she shook your hand.
"It always pays to be mindful of one's surroundings Mr Yager, seeing what is around you might net you a way to get out of a pinch."
She said.

"That's true. My mind normally just wanders all over the place so paying attention isn't exactly a strong suit of mine but I'm slowly learning." Serge said.

"You know I never expected to be fighting giant oil monsters on my first day at a new chantry though. That certainly made me pay attention to my surroundings." Serge said humorously.

"Yeah that's it...it is a pretty good likeness of my mother."
Hannah agreed.
"That would be her...so I guess this picture will be used when going after her and her Labyrinth then?"
She asked a little sadly then she sigh.
"Well she do need to be taken down."

"Yeah. It helps to know what our enemy looks like. I also have picture of 3 members of her inner circle, including that Mr. Jace. Actually, do you know who this red-haired one is? She's the only one I don't have a name for." Serge said with a nod as he flipped to the three other pictures of high-ranking Nephandi, focusing on the red-haired trap-maker that Kyle wasn't able to identify.

"And yeah I"m pretty sure most of us would prefer that she was taken down. You don't exactly sound to thrilled about that though. Why is that? I mean I know she's your mother but she doesn't seem like the motherly type." Serge asked politely noting the sadness in Hannah's voice and the sigh.

(OOC: Yay xp! 2 more points and Serge can get 1 dot in another sphere or 1 more point and Serge can somehow gain a sudden 3 dot proficiency in some other ability  Very Happy )

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Meant to say xp points instead of dot)
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:10 am

"Well it is not as needed here but it might make the boy a little more comfortable and keeping his leg up helps keep the puncture nice and clean until I can heal it."
The Akashic agreed.
Colin smiled thinly, "Every bit of discomfort we can alleviate..."

"I will see if I can get him some cookies then."
Freddy agreed she looked at Kyle one last time then she left. Richard started rolling Kyle towards the MRI chambers which where considerably bigger then the CT, by the time you had arrived the young mage was sound asleep. Richard gently gave the boy the contrast agent then placed him on the tray of the machine, using a mask to hold his head perfectly still, then he rolled him into the machine as if it where a giant oven.
"I will go to the control room then Colin, you should be safe to stay with the boy if you wish..."
The doctor told you.
"If he wakes up and panic you can stop the scan with the button on the wall over there, and he also have emergency stop buttons inside with him, though the best is if you can keep him calm so I can finish the scan."
Colin picked up his bundle of clothes and brought them to the control room, where he put them somewhere sufficiently secure while he followed Kyle into the scanner room. He nodded as Richard indicated the emergency stops, and stepped up next to the machine, resting a hand on Kyle's unpunctured ankle, "Very well. I promised to stay close, so I will. Do your work, I'll do what I can to keep him calm."

((OOC: Dots, dots, dots... How did we go from World of Darkness to World of Pac-Man? Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:57 am

Serge:

"Probably not." Serge said honestly. "My trance drawings normally depict what people around me are thinking."

"Interesting so your dawnings are a form of mind reading then?"
Bianca asked and raised an eyebrow.

"Really! Damn that sounds awesome. What could you make it do?" Serge said throughly amused by the notion of magickal tea.

"Several things, but I am not really comfortable listing up my tricks to a stranger."
Bianca said as she prepared things in the kitchen.

"That's true. My mind normally just wanders all over the place so paying attention isn't exactly a strong suit of mine but I'm slowly learning." Serge said.

"Learning is all any of us can hope to get out of things Mr Yager."
Hannah said softly.

"You know I never expected to be fighting giant oil monsters on my first day at a new chantry though. That certainly made me pay attention to my surroundings." Serge said humorously.

"Well there is nothing like good old Jace's pets to get things to be exiting."
Hannah said and frowned.
"Well in either case thank you all of you for saving my skin back there."

"Yeah. It helps to know what our enemy looks like. I also have picture of 3 members of her inner circle, including that Mr. Jace. Actually, do you know who this red-haired one is? She's the only one I don't have a name for." Serge said with a nod as he flipped to the three other pictures of high-ranking Nephandi, focusing on the red-haired trap-maker that Kyle wasn't able to identify.

"Hum...yes these drawings are pretty accurate...let me see ah yes my mother's trap master I know her name pronouncing it is something else though. She is named Solveig Brønnerud she is a member, well was I guess she is Fallen now, of the Hagalaz sub groups of the Cult of Ecstasy. Quite a nasty woman as I hear it she sold her own daughter of to be a child bride for a vampire, then again my own want to sacrifice me in an unholy ritual to bring about the end of the world so I guess Miss Brønnerud do not win the price for horrible mother of the year but still, she is not a nice person and her traps are deadly."
Hanna muttered and frowned.

"And yeah I"m pretty sure most of us would prefer that she was taken down. You don't exactly sound to thrilled about that though. Why is that? I mean I know she's your mother but she doesn't seem like the motherly type." Serge asked politely noting the sadness in Hannah's voice and the sigh.

"I want her taken down Mr Yager, however she is still my mother, the world unfortunately not work that way that as soon as someone betray you all your emotions for them are gone, My mother, Mr Jace all of them...they are my family and if this Chantry succeeds they will be killed or captured all of them, and if captured they...well that fate will not be kind. These are the people who changed my diapers, soothed bruises and read me stories when I went to sleep off course I am not happy!"
Hanna said and gave you a bit of a look.
"Still with what they are planning it have to be done."

Colin:

Colin smiled thinly, "Every bit of discomfort we can alleviate..."

Richard nodded.
"Yes...we should try to make him as comfortable as possible there will be plenty of discomfort for him to endure later."

Colin picked up his bundle of clothes and brought them to the control room, where he put them somewhere sufficiently secure while he followed Kyle into the scanner room. He nodded as Richard indicated the emergency stops, and stepped up next to the machine, resting a hand on Kyle's unpunctured ankle, "Very well. I promised to stay close, so I will. Do your work, I'll do what I can to keep him calm."

"Good, hopefully he will sleep right through it but he is asleep and not unconscious so he could end up wanting up, if he do then try to settle him and if he can not be calmed down we abort and use the CT where there need not be any restraints instead."
Richard said before he went into the control room and the machine came to life. You could feel the magnetic pulses in the air, you had some small understanding of what the Hermetics called Forces and you could almost touch them. Kyle was calm for the most part and never really fully woke up but he whimpered and fretted now and again but you where able to calm him down. After about twenty minutes the machine powered down, you are pretty sure that as it was used day in and day out with such strong forces it would eventually turn into a small, Dynamic Node.

Richard came back into the room and smiled.
"We got a beautiful scan, I will take the data set with me so we can study it somewhere else but it was very clear and there is enough of the residue in Kyle to make him a good test subject, so much in fact that I would say three days are the absolute limit for safe exposure, I would generally say no more then two."
The Akashic said as he got the tray with Kyle out of the MRI scanner and looked at the boy.
"Ok Colin we have the room for another five minutes so we should get Kyle back to examination room, for now we then should get the blood sample from him before he wakes up and you are going to help me so I can test the catalyst against the serum under a microscope while the vials fill."
Richard commented.
"To get the most out of our time, I will place the needle and you will fill the vials that is not hard and if there is any problems I will be in the room to help."
He said.
"Well let us get Kyle back into the wheelchair for now."
He said and got it from outside the shielded door to the scanning chamber.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:45 am

Anja's Post:
The woman in the hoodie swore as she was thrown to the ground by the force of the bullet hitting something...around her, something hard and tough enough to stop a bullet and yet it was nothing you could see and the bullet fell to the ground, you had seen the Hermetic of your old Cabal use these kinetic shields before, they could be a bitch to get though but given enough damage they did crack and go down leaving the mage inside vulnerable and exposed. The woman in the Hoodie where not content to sit and wait for that to happen though, she was on her ass but she still tossed something at you that really looked like a science experiment gone wrong, there was a circuit board, and then you heard a humming sound as if something was about to explode.
"Get down!"
The woman called to whoever was still in the ally behind her.

Nicole had already been prepared to move; as soon as she saw... whatever it was heading towards her, threw herself onto the ground, ideally out of the way. On not encountering an explosion, she'll right herself and re-aim at the target.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:22 pm

You took aim at the Nephanda again as she got to her feet. The woman pulled something that looked like a calculator out of her pocket and begun to press at the keys as you fired at her again, this time she was tossed of her feet as well but remained more in control and continued to press at the keys. From the alliway you saw the shimmer of metal and then several bullets came in your direction, in the flash of light you saw two men in there, one in clear sight the other hiding behind a dumpster.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:24 pm

"Interesting so your dawnings are a form of mind reading then?"
Bianca asked and raised an eyebrow.

"You could say that. Although drawings can do so much more and I prefer other methods for mind reading." Serge said with a smile.

"Several things, but I am not really comfortable listing up my tricks to a stranger."
Bianca said as she prepared things in the kitchen.

"Aww man. Oh well it's your magick." Serge said disappointingly with a shrug of his shoudlers.

"Well there is nothing like good old Jace's pets to get things to be exiting."
Hannah said and frowned.
"Well in either case thank you all of you for saving my skin back there."

"No problem." Serge said with a polite nod.

"Actually....do you know anything about those pets that Jace had? They seemed really freaky and I remember hearing that they were connected to Jace in some way? Like...mentally?" Serge asked trying to see if he validate the information he got from Cadence.

"Hum...yes these drawings are pretty accurate...let me see ah yes my mother's trap master I know her name pronouncing it is something else though. She is named Solveig Brønnerud she is a member, well was I guess she is Fallen now, of the Hagalaz sub groups of the Cult of Ecstasy. Quite a nasty woman as I hear it she sold her own daughter of to be a child bride for a vampire, then again my own want to sacrifice me in an unholy ritual to bring about the end of the world so I guess Miss Brønnerud do not win the price for horrible mother of the year but still, she is not a nice person and her traps are deadly."
Hanna muttered and frowned.

"Solveig Bonnerud?" Serge said mispronouncing the name badly as he wrote it underneath the picture of the red-haired women.

"Sold her own daughter to be a bride of a vampire. Damn." Serge said in shock although secretly thinking that it sounded like an awesome movie plot .

"I remember hearing about the Hagalaz faction. Some of them use runic magick to set traps for their enemies. I'm guessing she uses the same runic magick in her traps."

"I want her taken down Mr Yager, however she is still my mother, the world unfortunately not work that way that as soon as someone betray you all your emotions for them are gone, My mother, Mr Jace all of them...they are my family and if this Chantry succeeds they will be killed or captured all of them, and if captured they...well that fate will not be kind. These are the people who changed my diapers, soothed bruises and read me stories when I went to sleep off course I am not happy!"
Hanna said and gave you a bit of a look.
"Still with what they are planning it have to be done."

Serge looked at her sadly and then said, "Right. Of course. Sorry about that."

Serge wondered if Hannah was telling the truth. From what he had heard Lisa Larson or anyone in the Nephandi did not seem like the type of people who could take care of a child. His own mother wasn't even home long enough to do the things that Hannah claimed the Nephandi did for her, but he decided to not question further, not wanting to force Hannah to remember unpleasant thoughts, especially after what she had went through.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:07 pm

"You could say that. Although drawings can do so much more and I prefer other methods for mind reading." Serge said with a smile.

"Hum...what methods do you use for it?"
Bianca asked.

"Aww man. Oh well it's your magick." Serge said disappointingly with a shrug of his shoudlers.

"It is usually wise not to share such details willy nilly you know."
Bianca said before she put a cup of tea on the table before you and added a tray of cookies then she handed another cup to Hannah and to a third for herself.

"No problem." Serge said with a polite nod.

"Actually....do you know anything about those pets that Jace had? They seemed really freaky and I remember hearing that they were connected to Jace in some way? Like...mentally?" Serge asked trying to see if he validate the information he got from Cadence.

"I do not know allot about them, they are one spirit that Jace have bound to him. I do not know if they are connected to him but it would not surprise me if they where, that man do allot of magick with his own spinal fluids, I think perhaps he once was a member of the Progenitors."
Hannah said and sipped her tea.

"Solveig Bonnerud?" Serge said mispronouncing the name badly as he wrote it underneath the picture of the red-haired women.

"Something around those lines though it is written like this."
She said and jotted the name down on a piece of paper. Solveig Brønnerud.

"Sold her own daughter to be a bride of a vampire. Damn." Serge said in shock although secretly thinking that it sounded like an awesome movie plot .

"So she did."
Hannah said and frowned.

"I remember hearing about the Hagalaz faction. Some of them use runic magick to set traps for their enemies. I'm guessing she uses the same runic magick in her traps."

"That is correct she use runic magick for her traps."
The young Orphan agreed.

Serge looked at her sadly and then said, "Right. Of course. Sorry about that."

"It...is ok, it is what it is and sometimes thing suck."
Hannah muttered softly and looked away sadly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:40 pm

"Hum...what methods do you use for it?"
Bianca asked.
"It is usually wise not to share such details willy nilly you know."
Bianca said before she put a cup of tea on the table before you and added a tray of cookies then she handed another cup to Hannah and to a third for herself.

"Well like you said it's not wise to share such details." Serge said with a small chuckle.

Serge took a sip of the tea and ate the cookies, eager to fill up the empty void that was his stomach.

"I do not know allot about them, they are one spirit that Jace have bound to him. I do not know if they are connected to him but it would not surprise me if they where, that man do allot of magick with his own spinal fluids, I think perhaps he once was a member of the Progenitors."
Hannah said and sipped her tea.

"I heard about that spinal fluid thing as well. It sounds like a strange thing to use but I guess it makes sense. Using your own body fluids to connects yourself to your minions." Serge commented wondering how exactly Jace accomplished such a feat.

"Something around those lines though it is written like this."
She said and jotted the name down on a piece of paper. Solveig Brønnerud.

"Thanks." Serge said correcting his spelling.

"Can you tell me anything about the Asian Scar Lady? I believe she was referred to as Master Mysaki and she's the security chief for the Nephandi." Serge asked pointing to the picture of the Asian Lady.

"That is correct she use runic magick for her traps."
The young Orphan agreed.

"What do her runic traps look like? Have you ever seen her traps in action? What do they do?" Serge asked wanting to delve more into runic magick.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:53 pm

"Well like you said it's not wise to share such details." Serge said with a small chuckle.

Serge took a sip of the tea and ate the cookies, eager to fill up the empty void that was his stomach.

The tea was sweetened with honey and the cookies tasted home made they where crispy with raspberry jam in the middle.
"Touche."
Bianca said with half a smile and sat down.

"I heard about that spinal fluid thing as well. It sounds like a strange thing to use but I guess it makes sense. Using your own body fluids to connects yourself to your minions." Serge commented wondering how exactly Jace accomplished such a feat.

"You would think blood or...ehm...sexual fluids would be easier and more comfortable to obtain, but I guess we all have to use the tools that works for us and Jace do control his spirits quite well."
Hannah said and frowned before she took a cookie and bit into it.

"Thanks." Serge said correcting his spelling.

The Orphan nodded.
"No problem."

"Can you tell me anything about the Asian Scar Lady? I believe she was referred to as Master Mysaki and she's the security chief for the Nephandi." Serge asked pointing to the picture of the Asian Lady.

"Mysaki Haru, yes well she is indeed the Labyrinth's security chief, she is skilled, dedicated and loyal to my mother, she was once a member of the Celestial Chorus and use a form of religious ritual magick."
Hannah explained.
"She is quite powerful."

"Have you ever seen her traps in action? What do they do?" Serge asked wanting to delve more into runic magick.

"I have not, but I am lead to believe that generally they kill you, on a more or less horrible manner."
The Orphan said and raised an eyebrow.
"I do believe that avoiding them are your best cause of action.!
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:31 pm

You did the sigils correctly you think and you felt Quintessence flow, from the Pool to the fire angle and from her to you, but getting it from you to shape it though your will to form the effect you wanted where not easy, pain clouded your mind and you just did not manage to focus well enough and you felt your rote just fall apart, just like they often had done right after your Awakening, accomplishing nothing.

It was all too easy to be irritated, his focus was already cut through by pain. The flare of frustration that followed was as quick as his failed spell. Time to try something else. The Nephanda was bowled over by gunshot, but still seemed unharmed. He guessed a shield must have spared her, for she had definitely been shot and got back up. But before he had time to make another working, she threw something towards them - whatever it was, he was glad he didn't have to find out before it was disappeared. Whomever – or whatever was behind the woman in the dark ally had yet to be revealed. Instead of trying to shoot her, useless, or the same spell again, he tried something else and shifted tactic altogether. He used the same tactic of reweaving that he had with Colin to deal with the air wall, using primal ars. He began with the sigil for creation, creo, to revitalize it with the spark that was lost and then vim for the weave of the Tellurian itself, to work where the Nephanda’s auram shield work had punched a hole in reality. “Facultatem creare aeris!”

// Sorry for slowness. Getting ready for a party thing today, and I was busy making a million empanadas last night and finishing details on my costume and then I didn’t wake up till ten (and it’s not even daylight savings time back an hour yet, ack). I'll be a bit slower posting till Sun.

// Arete for the re-weaving: 8, 3, 9 (iirc the base diff is 7 one less than the base 8 for counterspell) – against Forces, since it acts like his own kinetic shield
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:44 pm

The tea was sweetened with honey and the cookies tasted home made they where crispy with raspberry jam in the middle.
"Touche."
Bianca said with half a smile and sat down.

"These are really tasty!" Serge said, complimenting Bianca's cookies as he ate more and more.

"You would think blood or...ehm...sexual fluids would be easier and more comfortable to obtain, but I guess we all have to use the tools that works for us and Jace do control his spirits quite well."
Hannah said and frowned before she took a cookie and bit into it.

"How does he get his spinal fluid anyways? Does he have some stored away or does he perform complex surgery every time he wants to use his spinal fluid magick?"

"Mysaki Haru, yes well she is indeed the Labyrinth's security chief, she is skilled, dedicated and loyal to my mother, she was once a member of the Celestial Chorus and use a form of religious ritual magick."
Hannah explained.
"She is quite powerful."

"Of course she is." Serge sighed as he jotted down the full name of the Asian lady underneath her portrait.

"Have you ever seen her perform her ritual magick?" Serge asked trying to gauge more information from Hannah.

"I have not, but I am lead to believe that generally they kill you, on a more or less horrible manner."
The Orphan said and raised an eyebrow.
"I do believe that avoiding them are your best cause of action.!

"I still wonder how they kill you though. Trap-makers can be tricky people and depending on what runes she uses their traps can have a number of different effects." Serge wondered.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:59 pm

"These are really tasty!" Serge said, complimenting Bianca's cookies as he ate more and more.

"I am glad you like them, I would claim they are my grandmother's recepie but the truth is I got it from a woman's magazine."
Bianca said and grinned.

"How does he get his spinal fluid anyways? Does he have some stored away or does he perform complex surgery every time he wants to use his spinal fluid magick?"

"Most of Jace's magick is prepared in advance and often use his own body fluids or other parts with is DNA in it or is surgical enhancements he have prepared in himself, so no he do not do complex surgery on the spot."
Hannah explained.

"Of course she is." Serge sighed as he jotted down the full name of the Asian lady underneath her portrait.

"Have you ever seen her perform her ritual magick?" Serge asked trying to gauge more information from Hannah.

"I have seen Master Mysaki perform her magick yes..."

"I still wonder how they kill you though. Trap-makers can be tricky people and depending on what runes she uses their traps can have a number of different effects." Serge wondered.

"Like I said I have never seen one of the woman's traps activated but my guess is that it uses rip the man body where your very life patters are shredded leaving you to drop dead on the floor with not a mark on your body, but it could be Miss Brønnerud have decided to use some sort of other flair. All I have been told is that her traps are deadly and I see no reason to disbelieve that."
Hannah said and raised an eyebrow.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:11 pm

Richard nodded.
"Yes...we should try to make him as comfortable as possible there will be plenty of discomfort for him to endure later."
Colin frowned, "...You have no idea..."

"Good, hopefully he will sleep right through it but he is asleep and not unconscious so he could end up wanting up, if he do then try to settle him and if he can not be calmed down we abort and use the CT where there need not be any restraints instead."
Richard said before he went into the control room and the machine came to life. You could feel the magnetic pulses in the air, you had some small understanding of what the Hermetics called Forces and you could almost touch them. Kyle was calm for the most part and never really fully woke up but he whimpered and fretted now and again but you where able to calm him down. After about twenty minutes the machine powered down, you are pretty sure that as it was used day in and day out with such strong forces it would eventually turn into a small, Dynamic Node.
He arched an eyebrow as the machine worked, holding gently on to Kyle's ankle, "Hum, it's a fascinating device... almost the antithesis of Abigail's Main Node... Almost."

Richard came back into the room and smiled.
"We got a beautiful scan, I will take the data set with me so we can study it somewhere else but it was very clear and there is enough of the residue in Kyle to make him a good test subject, so much in fact that I would say three days are the absolute limit for safe exposure, I would generally say no more then two."
The Akashic said as he got the tray with Kyle out of the MRI scanner and looked at the boy.
"Ok Colin we have the room for another five minutes so we should get Kyle back to examination room, for now we then should get the blood sample from him before he wakes up and you are going to help me so I can test the catalyst against the serum under a microscope while the vials fill."
Richard commented.
"To get the most out of our time, I will place the needle and you will fill the vials that is not hard and if there is any problems I will be in the room to help."
He said.
"Well let us get Kyle back into the wheelchair for now."
He said and got it from outside the shielded door to the scanning chamber.
He nodded, "Three days might be the general safe limit for a fully grown adult, but Kyle still has some growing left to do... I'm inclined to agree with you on principle, though - better safe than sorry."
He helped ease Kyle back in the wheelchair and nodded to the scanner, "You know, if that's used day in and day out like that, it might turn into a quite Dynamic Node... I'd hazard one oriented around divination; in particular under the purview of the Spheres of Life and Forces, in reference to that system..."
He stretched up a little, "Right, let me just get properly dressed again, and I'll see if I have the serum with me - I think I pocketed the flask again..."
He swiftly put on his trousers and jacked, and started rummaging around the pockets...

((OOC: Adventurers' League game today - went well; bodyswapped the party with two Ettins, shenanigans happened. Afterwards, me and my schnookums went to catch Thor: Ragnarok. Was fun, more 80s retrofuturism than I'd expected, but no complaints. Also, no spoilers.))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:27 pm

"I am glad you like them, I would claim they are my grandmother's recepie but the truth is I got it from a woman's magazine."
Bianca said and grinned.

"Well you followed that magazine well." Serge said with his own grin.

"Most of Jace's magick is prepared in advance and often use his own body fluids or other parts with is DNA in it or is surgical enhancements he have prepared in himself, so no he do not do complex surgery on the spot."
Hannah explained.

"I see...Well that's interesting." Serge said wondering who this person really was.

"I have seen Master Mysaki perform her magick yes..."

"What types of things does she do?" Serge asked. "Does she blow stuff up or is her magick more subtle?"

"Like I said I have never seen one of the woman's traps activated but my guess is that it uses rip the man body where your very life patters are shredded leaving you to drop dead on the floor with not a mark on your body, but it could be Miss Brønnerud have decided to use some sort of other flair. All I have been told is that her traps are deadly and I see no reason to disbelieve that."
Hannah said and raised an eyebrow.

"Huh, she doesn't strike me as the type of person to just kill without a bit of flair." Serge said glancing at the drawing of the fiery red-haired women.

"If I may ask...where did that guess come from? It was strangely specific."
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:44 am

Colin:

Colin frowned, "...You have no idea..."

Richard raised an eyebrow.
"Why do I got the feeling you are not talking about the tests I plan on performing on him?"
He muttered.

He arched an eyebrow as the machine worked, holding gently on to Kyle's ankle, "Hum, it's a fascinating device... almost the antithesis of Abigail's Main Node... Almost."

In a way it would the Node would become healing and investigative in nature in addition to the regular magickal properties of magnetism. So good for healing, divination and anything that attracted or pushed away something from the practitioner.

He nodded, "Three days might be the general safe limit for a fully grown adult, but Kyle still has some growing left to do... I'm inclined to agree with you on principle, though - better safe than sorry."

Richard nodded his agreement to that.
"I would agree with you, and probably body size do play into it, well he is safe so three days did work for him but he have no safety margin so keeping it to two is better."

He helped ease Kyle back in the wheelchair and nodded to the scanner, "You know, if that's used day in and day out like that, it might turn into a quite Dynamic Node... I'd hazard one oriented around divination; in particular under the purview of the Spheres of Life and Forces, in reference to that system..."

"I have felt something around the machine when in use yes and it would not surprise me to much, it do put into swing powerful forces, well such a Node could only be a positive, it might help the healing of those brought here."
The Akashic agreed and smiled.

He stretched up a little, "Right, let me just get properly dressed again, and I'll see if I have the serum with me - I think I pocketed the flask again..."
He swiftly put on his trousers and jacked, and started rummaging around the pockets...

You got back to the examination room. Mona was still waiting for you and she helped Richard get Kyle onto the bench while you got dressed. You found the flask of serum in your pocket as you rummaged though it.

Serge:

"Well you followed that magazine well." Serge said with his own grin.

"Thank you."
Bianca said and smiled.

"I see...Well that's interesting." Serge said wondering who this person really was.

"Progenitor magick, it is what it is."
Hannah said and she took another cookie.

"What types of things does she do?" Serge asked. "Does she blow stuff up or is her magick more subtle?"

This made the young Orphan sigh.
"Magick is limitless Mr Yager there are no list of what she do, I am pretty sure she can blow things up if she so desire but normally that would not be constructive to keeping the Labyrinth safe. We do not have one superpower as is seen in comic books we have knowledge and then can put that knowledge to whatever use we may desire."

"Huh, she doesn't strike me as the type of person to just kill without a bit of flair." Serge said glancing at the drawing of the fiery red-haired women.

"Flair gets you killed in an actual battle Mr Yager, she is not a super villain in a comic book she is a flesh and blood woman who do not want to die and as such my guess is she will kill as efficiently as possible. In an actual fight your goal is not to have fun or look good, your goal is to stay alive while your enemy are eliminated, simple as that, so while she might torture a prisoner slowly to death for her amusement I suspect her traps will be straight forward and efficient."
Hannah said and sigh again.

"If I may ask...where did that guess come from? It was strangely specific."

"Another Hagalaz under her command, a Traditionalist and the father of her child used that specific effect to protect his room her on Steelhaven I guess she use somewhat the same spell it seams practical enough."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:57 am

This made the young Orphan sigh.
"Magick is limitless Mr Yager there are no list of what she do, I am pretty sure she can blow things up if she so desire but normally that would not be constructive to keeping the Labyrinth safe. We do not have one superpower as is seen in comic books we have knowledge and then can put that knowledge to whatever use we may desire."

"Trust me, I am the last person who needs to be told about limitlessness of magick." Serge said coldly noting Hannah's irritated sigh.

"Anyways you said that you saw Asian Scar Lady perform her magick right? What exactly did you see?" Serge asked again, rephrasing his question to be more specific.

"Flair gets you killed in an actual battle Mr Yager, she is not a super villain in a comic book she is a flesh and blood woman who do not want to die and as such my guess is she will kill as efficiently as possible. In an actual fight your goal is not to have fun or look good, your goal is to stay alive while your enemy are eliminated, simple as that, so while she might torture a prisoner slowly to death for her amusement I suspect her traps will be straight forward and efficient."
Hannah said and sigh again.

Serge looked down onto the ground for a second. This was yet another time someone had scolded him for his naivety to warfare and Serge was beginning to get annoyed.

"As efficiently as possible huh. What's the point of magick being limitless if we just use the same boring 'efficient' spells over and over again to kill each other. We're supposed to be mages but everyone talks like we're soldier. Man I hate this war, taking all the fun out of magick." Serge thought angrily to himself.

Looking back up at Hannah, Serge flashed a smile that betrayed his true emotions. "Your right, sorry. As you can tell I haven't been in too many fights. Most of them have occurred in my head and well....your imagination tends to be flashier than real life." Serge said alluding to his journeys within his demesne.

(OOC: Hey Anja I think you missed s7trif3 last post)
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:02 am

Serge:

"Trust me, I am the last person who needs to be told about limitlessness of magick." Serge said coldly noting Hannah's irritated sigh.

"Anyways you said that you saw Asian Scar Lady perform her magick right? What exactly did you see?" Serge asked again, rephrasing his question to be more specific.

"I have lived this this woman Mr Yager so I am afraid it would take some time to list all the magick I have ever seen her perform, however I have seen her communicate with spirits, create fire, manipulate Quintessence directly, move with great speed and create impossible materials, just to mention a few."
Hannah said.

Looking back up at Hannah, Serge flashed a smile that betrayed his true emotions. "Your right, sorry. As you can tell I haven't been in too many fights. Most of them have occurred in my head and well....your imagination tends to be flashier than real life." Serge said alluding to his journeys within his demesne.

"That is no problem, and when you begin to fight in this war if you want to do it in a fancy way off course be my guest, I more react when someone come in here and start an interrogation and then doubt my works because what I tell them my mother's allies tend to do with their magick is not fancy enough to fit said imagination."
Hannah said quite frankly and looked at you before she sipped her tea again.

Adley:

You begun your rote to not undo the Nephanda's spell but to give reality back it's possibility and flow, you would create a kinetic shield where none where before, but a Nephandus would destroy the possibility that such a thing did not exist, your spell begun to take form, and you could feel the Nephanda's foul magick there, and how your weakened it or no that was not the right way to put it, how your returned reality to what it should be. You do think you have to work a bit longer to gather the strength to take her kinetic shield completely down but what you are doing are working.

Adjan seams to understand what you are doing for the stepped to the side so he could cover you and protect you until your spell was completed.

(OOC: So I did sorry about that thank you for pointing it out Jeremy. Strife That works I would like a couple of more successes for the spell but it works I will give you one lower diff for doing magick that Qliphothic magick are particularly vulnerable against and one more lower for the use of foci and flair. Oh and sorry for missing your post and have fun at your party.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:19 am

Richard raised an eyebrow.
"Why do I got the feeling you are not talking about the tests I plan on performing on him?"
He muttered.
Colin smiled thinly, "He'll have a chance to restore his Avatar... like everything important, that's going to be neither easy nor painless - but I have faith in the kid."

"I have felt something around the machine when in use yes and it would not surprise me to much, it do put into swing powerful forces, well such a Node could only be a positive, it might help the healing of those brought here."
The Akashic agreed and smiled.
He nodded, "A Node to attract health and repel ailments... Just be careful with implants. I'd imagine some ceramics or plastics might be safe, unlike metals... except, of course, Primium, but what Sleeper can get those?"

You got back to the examination room. Mona was still waiting for you and she helped Richard get Kyle onto the bench while you got dressed. You found the flask of serum in your pocket as you rummaged though it.
He nodded satisfied to himself as he offered the serum flask and the pen case with the vial to Richard, "Here, be careful with the serum - it's disgusting, but it is a valuable commodity all the same..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:53 am

Colin smiled thinly, "He'll have a chance to restore his Avatar... like everything important, that's going to be neither easy nor painless - but I have faith in the kid."

"I see...well if this thing you are talking about is really possible then I hope the kid will make it."
Richard said and looked at Kyle.

He nodded, "A Node to attract health and repel ailments... Just be careful with implants. I'd imagine some ceramics or plastics might be safe, unlike metals... except, of course, Primium, but what Sleeper can get those?"

"Very few sleepers walk around with Primium implants indeed. I agree with your assessment of the future Node though, it will be a useful thing to have at a hospital."
The Akashic agreed and nodded.

He nodded satisfied to himself as he offered the serum flask and the pen case with the vial to Richard, "Here, be careful with the serum - it's disgusting, but it is a valuable commodity all the same..."

"I will be careful."
Your Cabalmate said as he and Mona begun to set up a microscope once everything was ready he washed his hands and came over to you and Kyle again and begun to look over the boy's arms for a superficial vein to use, he found one fairly quickly and while it was not big he managed to hit it with the tiny pediatric needle.
"Ok...I am going to need Mona to help me out with checking the serum against the catalyst, if you can just sit with the boy and change these tubes when they reach this mark."
Richard said and showed you how to do it.
"Once these vials are filled just pull the needle out and apply some pressure, if Kyle wakes up and are scared do the same, be careful hen changing tubes some patients seam to find that to be uncomfortable, but I think he will sleep right though it."
Richard instructed before he went back to the microscope,he talked softly with Mona and asked her to adjust the light and do other tasks as he frowned at what he saw.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:31 pm

"I see...well if this thing you are talking about is really possible then I hope the kid will make it."
Richard said and looked at Kyle.
Colin nodded, "His chances are better than anywhere or anywhen else... but it's not guaranteed. He's the one who has to do the heavy lifting."

"Very few sleepers walk around with Primium implants indeed. I agree with your assessment of the future Node though, it will be a useful thing to have at a hospital."
The Akashic agreed and nodded.
He pondered for a moment, "You know, I am going to make a memorial for the nameless lost to a foul Labyrinth Node - might even be able to clean up the last remaining piece of the thing. Does the hospital have a chapel, and does it accept donations of items for it?"

"I will be careful."
Your Cabalmate said as he and Mona begun to set up a microscope once everything was ready he washed his hands and came over to you and Kyle again and begun to look over the boy's arms for a superficial vein to use, he found one fairly quickly and while it was not big he managed to hit it with the tiny pediatric needle.
"Ok...I am going to need Mona to help me out with checking the serum against the catalyst, if you can just sit with the boy and change these tubes when they reach this mark."
Richard said and showed you how to do it.
"Once these vials are filled just pull the needle out and apply some pressure, if Kyle wakes up and are scared do the same, be careful hen changing tubes some patients seam to find that to be uncomfortable, but I think he will sleep right though it."
Richard instructed before he went back to the microscope,he talked softly with Mona and asked her to adjust the light and do other tasks as he frowned at what he saw.
He arched an eyebrow at the vials, "Er... I thought one needed something to the tune of a three-year education for this? I can certainly be as delicate as possible, of course, but..."
He shook his head and, with the delicate touch for filigree silverwork, held the needle steady as he swapped the vials as they filled up.
He glanced over at Richard, "Does the serum and catalyst interact as expected, or in a completely unanticipated manner?"

((OOC: So, I'm just going to roll Dex for this, since Colin has no medical skills: 8,0,0... Yeah, I don't think Kyle's going to notice a thing. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top