Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:23 pm

"Death and life are one, I prefer life but we are all but one step away from death and always where, now at least you are bigger and stronger and have magick to protect yourself young artist. Then again if you thought your life was safer when you where a child, then become that child again in your mind."
Mara said then she smiled.

Serge nodded at the Deaconess's words. "Yeah that makes sense. I guess I do have magick now. Don't think I'm any stronger though."

"And who is it that are out to get you? Some might be harsh but very few want you ill, if you are less carefree now it is because you have chosen to be so, you can still do what needs to be done and be carefree."

"It feels like everyone nowadays. The technocracy and the Nephandi. I always hear about the atrocities they cause and the people they've harmed." Serge said sadly.

"What do these things matter? We manage to stop them, or we do not, our worry and sadness will not better our chances."
The large woman said.
"All must one day pass from my realm of Summer into the harshness of Winter, but they always return, such is life, but while we live worrying about death is meaningless."

"While it's true that worrying or stressing about something may not change it's outcomes, emotions are a tricky thing. They can help us, hinder us or do nothing, show up at inopportune times, leave when we want them the most. Many people don't have control over them." Serge said nonchalantly.

"These are good and noble things young artist, but remember that your own happiness should be yours and yours alone and not come from other people, you should create, love and be happy in your own kingdom for yourself, and then help others."
She said then she rummaged though the belt purse of her dress and brought out two extremely vibrant, multi colored crayons, the colors looking more like they did in a movie with enhanced picture quality than real life.
"Here young artist a gift for keeping an old woman company."
She said and handed the rainbow crayons to you.
"Perhaps you can draw something that makes you happy."

"Oh snap crayons! I haven't used one in ages" Serge said with a bright smile showing up on his face, a little too eager to be retrieving children's drawing utensils.

Serge took the two crayons and began to look over them, noticing their movie-like quality.

"Damn, these are some cool looking crayons." Serge commented as he pulled out his sketchbook and tried to think of something that made him happy.

Serge thought for a moment about something that made him happy and as he thought he glanced at the oil-kittens playing around with the pearl. Smiling Serge went for the safer option and began to draw a picture of the kittens with one of the multi-colored crayons.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:28 pm

"You are right but doing so is not going to be easy the Traditions can be stubborn."
Richard commented.
Colin grinned, "Luckily, so am I."

"Hum...taking the spirit of an anesthetic...yes that might work, it will not be an easy task to make but should be possible the Akashic agreed.
"Let me know if there is anything I can do to help."
He nodded, "We might want some mundane medicine to help, as well - Master Nassa may be slightly preoccupied to do it all on his own."

"So you say, but from what I recon you have been trying to intimidate me this entire conversation my good man and I am neither scared or impressed."
The Nephandus said firmly as he left.
"Let us leave the taunts for the coming battle Traditionalist."
He nodded, "Very well. I can't fault your assessment; I will leave scared and impressed for our next meeting."

"I see, well we are going to have to make sure Kyle is safe then, I really do not like him going through with this test, what if something happens to him?"
Freddy said and she sounded quite concerned.
He smiled wryly, "If that happens, make sure my urn is placed somewhere with a nice view. I'm sure it will turn out just fine, though. Dr. Lee doesn't want the Chief's ire any more than I do."

"That was probably wise."
Mona said.
"I have seen the power your kind have Sir we would not want a fight in here."
He nodded, "Paradox would have been an inconvenience - explaining why a thief suddenly sprouted extra eyeballs and orifices would be... impractical. Oh, I'm sure we could have kept casualties down to minor bruises, but all the same, it would have drawn unhealthy attention to this place, and that we wouldn't want."

"Yeah I imagined something different when I first heard his name."
Kyle muttered.
"I know little about the Labyrinth's ability to be defended but I suspect they have something prepared yes."
The young widderslainte commented.
He nodded, "Well, whatever defenses the Labyrinth has, I'm sort of looking forward to usurping them. It will be interesting, to say the least..."

"I will make sure, and I do know how to do my ob you know?"
The Akashic said and smiled a little before he went to prepare the injection and he handed Mona the lidocaine.
"Prepare him and warn him that the anesthetic burn a little."
The Akashic instructed and Mona nodded and walked over to Kyle, she measured out the proper amount and placed her hand gently on his back.
"Do not be afraid, this will burn and then you will go numb."
She said, Kyle nodded and squeezed his eyes shut. Mona set the anesthetic with practiced ease. Kyle hissed between cleansed teeth but quickly calmed down again. Monda carefully stroked his hair.
"There...try to relax Kyle."
He grinned, "I'm just thinking out loud, Doctor. You don't want anything to go wrong any more than I do."

Tommy nodded, suddenly he was sitting on the examination bench and where holding Kyle's hand. The young widderslainte gasped.
"It is like a cobweb is touching my hand...it feels kind of nice make me remember the times I would bake cookies with my Mom..."
He muttered.
He nodded, "Tommy's a good, kindly kid."

"I am a little nervous about having my hands touched but...it is ok...but Sir please be careful with Danielle's name around other ghosts remember she...is an outcast of her own society I do not want her to get hurt."
Kyle said looking a bit worried.
He frowned, "Ah, sorry. I thought perhaps a ghostly touch would help soothe the ghost of aches and fears. If not, I'm sure Tommy could hold onto your wrist instead? I assure you, though, nothing living will seize your hands here and now."

Richard came over to the examination bench and he put the equipment out on a towel.
"If he start to jerk or move you have to hold him down Colin."
He instructed, then he handed you a silicone pad in a sterile packaging.
"If he needs to bite down on something but I do not think it will be needed when anesthetics are used, it will hurt but it should be bearable."
Richard said then he touched Kyle's back and the young mage whimpered.
"Oh shit.."
He muttered sounding scared.
"Be calm Kyle, if you want me to stop, I will stop...now I need you to tell me if you feel this I need to know if you are numb enough yet."
Richard asked and Kyle shook his head.
"I feel pressure but nothing else..."
Richard nodded.
"Ok then we try...take a deep breath kid it is going to be ok..."
He said trying to sound soothing Kyle looked rather scarred though and he glanced at you nervously.
He smiled to Kyle, "His hands are steadier than most machines; you'll be fine. Try focusing on my voice instead, and recite this: I must not fear. Fear is the mind-Killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:11 pm

Nicole:

A nod to Jeffery's instructions. Went over to the dumpster, located a slightly manky-looking cardboard box and shoved the items going back with them in it. But before she did this, Nicole quickly pulled off the cover of the pair of cells and removed the batteries, as well as making the guns safe.

You found a box that had once contained bags of coffee powder and got all the items sorted into them.

'Okay, time to be off.' she announced to the group, then moving back towards her car.

The tall, gray eyes Euthanathos you think is named Adjan stood over at the car he nodded to you.
"You should have some protection from being traced or magickally discovered now Miss...if you excuse me I must go help the others out."
He said and he gave you a polite bow and hurried towards Jeffry's group. Arn limped his way over to the car and looked at the mess before asking.
"Ehm Ma'am...do you mind if I move some things so I can sit in the back seat?"
Narim glanced over at you.
"Where where some things I should process while we are on route back home Miss?"

Serge:

Serge nodded at the Deaconess's words. "Yeah that makes sense. I guess I do have magick now. Don't think I'm any stronger though."

"Really now, you helped banish evil spirits that where invading your new home, could you have done that when you where younger child?"
Mara asked.
"You have the creativity and passion needed young artist but you also need to see your own worth."

"It feels like everyone nowadays. The technocracy and the Nephandi. I always hear about the atrocities they cause and the people they've harmed." Serge said sadly.

"Yes our enemies are many young artist but you have allies, and if you believe it good will win out, the knights will muster and rive the evil forces from our kingdom!"
The old maga declared.

"While it's true that worrying or stressing about something may not change it's outcomes, emotions are a tricky thing. They can help us, hinder us or do nothing, show up at inopportune times, leave when we want them the most. Many people don't have control over them." Serge said nonchalantly.

"Ah but you should not control your emotions young artist, now you are thinking of those who see glass and stone, let your emotions come, acknowledge them, love them like a mother loves her children, but do not be rules by them either just be, you are doing nothing wrong, but your emotions should be made your friends, not someone to control or who should control you but someone you have fun with, and learn from."
Mara advices.
"My anger sits right over there in a red ball gown waving at you."
She said and pointed at an empty chair.

"Oh snap crayons! I haven't used one in ages" Serge said with a bright smile showing up on his face, a little too eager to be retrieving children's drawing utensils.

Serge took the two crayons and began to look over them, noticing their movie-like quality.

"I like crayons, they are wonderful things, there should be more crayons on the world."
The old Hermetic declared.

"Damn, these are some cool looking crayons." Serge commented as he pulled out his sketchbook and tried to think of something that made him happy.

"I am glad you like them young artist."

Serge thought for a moment about something that made him happy and as he thought he glanced at the oil-kittens playing around with the pearl. Smiling Serge went for the safer option and began to draw a picture of the kittens with one of the multi-colored crayons.

As you drew with the crayons you felt inspiration flow, as if using them, drawing the brighter than life colors onto the paper made your creative juices flowing.

(OOC: Serge will get minus 2 diff to expression rolls when drawing with the crayons the Deaconess gave him.)

Colin:

Colin grinned, "Luckily, so am I."

That made Richard grin a bit.

He nodded, "We might want some mundane medicine to help, as well - Master Nassa may be slightly preoccupied to do it all on his own."

"I have given her an immune booster normally someone as skilled with the Sphere of Life as Bee would not need such a thing but with such a shock to the system I thought it was best, other than that there is not much I can do, I can give her drugs to help her sleep but so can Master Nassa with his herbal remedies, but that is what she needs, sleep and after a while a good therapist."
The Akashic said and frowned.

He nodded, "Very well. I can't fault your assessment; I will leave scared and impressed for our next meeting."

"You are an odd one are you not?"
The Nephandus said and grinned.
"Well then until we meet again."

He smiled wryly, "If that happens, make sure my urn is placed somewhere with a nice view. I'm sure it will turn out just fine, though. Dr. Lee doesn't want the Chief's ire any more than I do."

"Are you sure there will be enough left for an urn, if the Chief's apprentice got hurt?"
Freddy asked only half jokingly.
"Very well love I will wait for you here until you are done."

He nodded, "Paradox would have been an inconvenience - explaining why a thief suddenly sprouted extra eyeballs and orifices would be... impractical. Oh, I'm sure we could have kept casualties down to minor bruises, but all the same, it would have drawn unhealthy attention to this place, and that we wouldn't want."

"Oh my extra eyeballs...can that happen with Paradox?"
Mona asked and she looked a bit shocked.
"I am still glad there where no fight, it would have been hard to explain to the police Sir."

He nodded, "Well, whatever defenses the Labyrinth has, I'm sort of looking forward to usurping them. It will be interesting, to say the least..."

Kyle nodded at that.
"I am concerned though, someone might die during the fight."
He muttered softly.

He grinned, "I'm just thinking out loud, Doctor. You don't want anything to go wrong any more than I do."

"No indeed we would not want that."
Richard said as he examined the syringe and mae final preparations.

He nodded, "Tommy's a good, kindly kid."

"Well most ghosts I have met, which would be two now are nice."
Kyle said and Tommy smiled at that.
"Mommy says I should be kind to others."
The little ghost boy declared.

He frowned, "Ah, sorry. I thought perhaps a ghostly touch would help soothe the ghost of aches and fears. If not, I'm sure Tommy could hold onto your wrist instead? I assure you, though, nothing living will seize your hands here and now."

Kyle nodded.
"The wrists would be better..."
He said and Tommy moved his tiny hand to his wrist, you saw Kyle relax a bit when you told him no one living would grasp his hands.

He smiled to Kyle, "His hands are steadier than most machines; you'll be fine. Try focusing on my voice instead, and recite this: I must not fear. Fear is the mind-Killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration..."

Kyle looked a little confused but he started reciting the litany softly looking rather terrified, at one point he softly groaned.
"Ouch are you pressing your thumb against my back?"
The young widderslainte asked and Richard shook his head.
"No...just relax...I am done..."
He said and gently held some cotton swab against Kyle's back. The young widderslainte looked confused.
"Done? I don't understand I only felt pressure..."
Richard smiled a little.
"If the anesthetic works that is all you will feel, many still do these with no anesthetic for some insane reason though and then it will hurt like hell and if the doctor hit a nerve that will hurt even if the area is numb, but if one is careful and a bit lucky this can be done relatively pain free though there is a good chance you will get a bit of a headache later, I will give you something for that."
The Akashic explained then he said to you.
"If you would please hold this cotton in place while I heal him and then we wait for a bit and take a small sample?"
The doctor requested. Kyle just seamed relieved and he started laughing with the release of tension.
"A colleague on Horizon taught me a technique which ensures I very seldom hit nerves, being able to feel them there also help."
Richard said, a bit proud of the boy's reaction.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:28 pm

Nicole shoved some of the stuff around the back seat so that somebody could sit in it. 'Hadn't had time to unload yet... I don't usually travel around in a mobile hoard.'

Once done, she'll hand Narim the box. 'Pair of cells in there, and a few bits and pieces.' Then she'll get into the car and check her passengers were ready.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:59 pm

"Usually taking items of a dead or captured enemy is risky, but as the young Miss seam rather set on taking the weapons and I find it unlikely they are spelled so I will allow it, but they have to be checked., the phones and the ehm what is it called, tablet should be checked and then destroyed and the wallets checked and preferably destroyed as well. Our teleporter will know how to remove arcane connections though and can deal with it."

He nodded at that.

The Nephanda looked at your fearfully, she glanced around at Jeffry and the others and she seamed to consider her chances of escape to be rather slim so she nodded and let you help her to her feet, she cough into her gag and tried to get the fabric out of her mouth. Jeffry begun to work on the portal back into the Umbra, muttering in Latin and moving his hands then the air shimmered again and Hildegard stepped through.

He glanced over the bindings, including the gag that she was working on so that they wouldn't come loose. He looked to check for AJ, and then as the portal shimmered he got ready to move with the captured Nephanda through it into the umbra when it was their turn.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:24 pm

Nicole:

Nicole shoved some of the stuff around the back seat so that somebody could sit in it. 'Hadn't had time to unload yet... I don't usually travel around in a mobile hoard.'

Arn smiled a little.
"That is quite alright Ma'am and thank you."
The young Solificato said before he got into the car.

Once done, she'll hand Narim the box. 'Pair of cells in there, and a few bits and pieces.' Then she'll get into the car and check her passengers were ready.

Narim took the book and glanced inside then he nodded.
"I will copy the information out of the electronics then we can get rid of those and check for arcane connections on the rest."
He agreed.
"You can just start driving Miss, I can work on route."
The Virtual Adept said and begun to rummage through the box. Arn glanced out the window.
"Ok then I am going to keep watch while we drive."
The Solificato said.

He glanced over the bindings, including the gag that she was working on so that they wouldn't come loose. He looked to check for AJ, and then as the portal shimmered he got ready to move with the captured Nephanda through it into the umbra when it was their turn.

The duct tape the woman was brunt with would hold well, the gag was just some cloth in her mouth she would get that out pretty soon. Adjan moved up to your group and said.
"I have your back."

You got back into the decayed, dark Penumbral representation of Mattapan, the Nephanda did not resist stepping through with you, she probably assumed her chances of escape to be rather slim and cooperating would be less painful than if she had to be dragged along. Jeffry begun moving deeper into the Umbra making sure everyone was tagging along as he walked.
"Is she giving you any trouble mea filius?"
He asked you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:50 pm

"Really now, you helped banish evil spirits that where invading your new home, could you have done that when you where younger child?"
Mara asked.
"You have the creativity and passion needed young artist but you also need to see your own worth."

Serge looked uncertain for a second and then conceded. "Your right, your right. I guess little me couldn't do things like that."

"Yes our enemies are many young artist but you have allies, and if you believe it good will win out, the knights will muster and drive the evil forces from our kingdom!"
The old maga declared.

"Yeah! Good always wins!" Serge said thoroughly enjoying the Deaconess's enthusiasm.

"The name 'Steelhaven' does have a kingdom sort of vibe to it doesn't it. I thought it sounded like the name of a medieval castle when I was coming over here."

"Ah but you should not control your emotions young artist, now you are thinking of those who see glass and stone, let your emotions come, acknowledge them, love them like a mother loves her children, but do not be rules by them either just be, you are doing nothing wrong, but your emotions should be made your friends, not someone to control or who should control you but someone you have fun with, and learn from."
Mara advices.
"My anger sits right over there in a red ball gown waving at you."
She said and pointed at an empty chair.

"Yeah, it's better to understand your emotions and where their coming from rather than hate them and bottle them up or forcefully control them." Serge said with a nod.

Serge looked towards the empty chair and began to wave back at the angry Deaconess in the red ball gown.

"I like crayons, they are wonderful things, there should be more crayons on the world."
The old Hermetic declared.

"I wish their were more crayons as well. They are some of the first things kids use to bring their imaginations to life. More people need to use them. Sadly most artists think their childish." Serge answered.

As you drew with the crayons you felt inspiration flow, as if using them, drawing the brighter than life colors onto the paper made your creative juices flowing.

Serge felt his mind race, as he drew the picture. The crayon seemed to amplify his drawings. He could feel his thoughts, emotions, intentions flow straight out of his mind and onto the page. As soon as he was done drawing the picture of the kittens playing with the pearls he turned it around and showed the Deaconess.

"What do you think? It's a bit more colorful than the kittens we have here but I think it's pretty cool-looking." Serge said with a smile.

(OOC: Yeah magick crayon's Very Happy! I kinda wanna try them out. May I try a Int+Expression roll to try and convey feelings of happiness through the picture of the kitten?

Int+Expression Roll (-2 diff due to crayons): 6, 10, 5, 4, 1, 8 )

(OOC2: Is it only a -2 to expression rolls for drawings involving the crayons or for any expression roll Serge attempts while drawing with them? For example if he was talking with someone and trying to convince the, of something while coincidentally drawing with the crayons would he get the -2 on the Manipulation+Expression roll?)
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:55 pm

Anja's Post:
Arn smiled a little.
"That is quite alright Ma'am and thank you."
The young Solificato said before he got into the car.

Narim took the book and glanced inside then he nodded.
"I will copy the information out of the electronics then we can get rid of those and check for arcane connections on the rest."
He agreed.
"You can just start driving Miss, I can work on route."
The Virtual Adept said and begun to rummage through the box. Arn glanced out the window.
"Ok then I am going to keep watch while we drive."
The Solificato said.

'Might want to note down the details in the wallet, might have something useful in it.' Nicole replied, firing up the car and pulling off. 'You know Boston?' glancing to their new passenger. 'Need directions back to the chantry... and not a direct route neither.'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:02 pm

The duct tape the woman was brunt with would hold well, the gag was just some cloth in her mouth she would get that out pretty soon. Adjan moved up to your group and said. "I have your back."

He tried to improvise to get the gag to stay in, or find another one in the time he had left before she got the chance to yell for help. He nodded at Adjan and then nudged the woman to walk, wary of her trying anything.

"Is she giving you any trouble mea filius?" He asked you.

"Not yet other than trying to get the gag out," he replied, sounding somewhat skeptical.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:51 pm

"I have given her an immune booster normally someone as skilled with the Sphere of Life as Bee would not need such a thing but with such a shock to the system I thought it was best, other than that there is not much I can do, I can give her drugs to help her sleep but so can Master Nassa with his herbal remedies, but that is what she needs, sleep and after a while a good therapist."
The Akashic said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "I was thinking more along the lines of a crash kit - like I said, Master Nassa might be a little preoccupied, and a backup for him in case of a crisis can't hurt."

"You are an odd one are you not?"
The Nephandus said and grinned.
"Well then until we meet again."
He nodded, "I believe I've been told so by all three factions this week."

"Are you sure there will be enough left for an urn, if the Chief's apprentice got hurt?"
Freddy asked only half jokingly.
"Very well love I will wait for you here until you are done."
He sighed softly, half-joking back, "Yes, he'll want to make a visible example, and I'm gambling on the visible remains being from the idiot who let the doctor make a mistake, rather than the doctor whose hand slipped... Ah, we'll be fine, I'm sure."

"Oh my extra eyeballs...can that happen with Paradox?"
Mona asked and she looked a bit shocked.
"I am still glad there where no fight, it would have been hard to explain to the police Sir."
He shrugged, "Not so often to our side... Reality might disapprove of us, but it genuinely loathes the Fallen."

Kyle nodded at that.
"I am concerned though, someone might die during the fight."
He muttered softly.
He nodded slowly, "That... is almost certain. We'll all do what we can to prevent anything more than injuries on our side; in terms of attrition, we've hurt them a lot worse than they've hurt us, so we are still almost at as full strength as we were a week ago. Almost... But, we'll stop them. We have to."

"Well most ghosts I have met, which would be two now are nice."
Kyle said and Tommy smiled at that.
"Mommy says I should be kind to others."
He smiled sadly, "I wish I'd had as much luck... well, she was quite pleasant when first we met, but then... hm, not for now."

Kyle nodded.
"The wrists would be better..."
He said and Tommy moved his tiny hand to his wrist, you saw Kyle relax a bit when you told him no one living would grasp his hands.
He smiled to Tommy and nodded to Kyle, "Better?"

Kyle looked a little confused but he started reciting the litany softly looking rather terrified, at one point he softly groaned.
"Ouch are you pressing your thumb against my back?"
The young widderslainte asked and Richard shook his head.
"No...just relax...I am done..."
He said and gently held some cotton swab against Kyle's back. The young widderslainte looked confused.
"Done? I don't understand I only felt pressure..."
Richard smiled a little.
"If the anesthetic works that is all you will feel, many still do these with no anesthetic for some insane reason though and then it will hurt like hell and if the doctor hit a nerve that will hurt even if the area is numb, but if one is careful and a bit lucky this can be done relatively pain free though there is a good chance you will get a bit of a headache later, I will give you something for that."
The Akashic explained then he said to you.
"If you would please hold this cotton in place while I heal him and then we wait for a bit and take a small sample?"
The doctor requested. Kyle just seamed relieved and he started laughing with the release of tension.
"A colleague on Horizon taught me a technique which ensures I very seldom hit nerves, being able to feel them there also help."
Richard said, a bit proud of the boy's reaction.
He grinned and stepped around to hold the cotton wad in place, "Told you he's good, Kyle... Hm, you might want to remember the Litany against Fear; it's useful for stressful situations."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:29 am

Serge:

Serge looked uncertain for a second and then conceded. "Your right, your right. I guess little me couldn't do things like that."

"Exactly you are stronger now, and you can keep your creativity and innocence is it not then better to be as you are now, the issue is not size, the issue is forgetting your inner child something to many do."

"Yeah! Good always wins!" Serge said thoroughly enjoying the Deaconess's enthusiasm.

"That depends on the dream you are dreaming and what you view good as, what is good for a lion is evil to a gazelle, but we will win and we will vanquish our enemies!"
The Deaconess said and smiled.

"The name 'Steelhaven' does have a kingdom sort of vibe to it doesn't it. I thought it sounded like the name of a medieval castle when I was coming over here."

"And so it is young artist, you just need the eyes to see."
Mara said.
"A grand castle with spires and a dragon flying around it, that is what I see."

"Yeah, it's better to understand your emotions and where their coming from rather than hate them and bottle them up or forcefully control them." Serge said with a nod.

Serge looked towards the empty chair and began to wave back at the angry Deaconess in the red ball gown.

"Indeed so...and my anger do like you, my sorrow to though my hope is not so sure she can trust you."
The old maga said and nodded.
"I though think you are a most promising young man."

"I wish their were more crayons as well. They are some of the first things kids use to bring their imaginations to life. More people need to use them. Sadly most artists think their childish." Serge answered.

"They are childish, but being childish is good, children live by their imagination, a pillow become the dog they are begging their parents to buy them, a cardboard box is a rocket ship, being childish is wonderful, more people should be childish."
The Deaconess declared.

Serge felt his mind race, as he drew the picture. The crayon seemed to amplify his drawings. He could feel his thoughts, emotions, intentions flow straight out of his mind and onto the page. As soon as he was done drawing the picture of the kittens playing with the pearls he turned it around and showed the Deaconess.

"What do you think? It's a bit more colorful than the kittens we have here but I think it's pretty cool-looking." Serge said with a smile.

"It is wonderful."
Mara said and she clapped her hands together enthusiastically making her many bangles jingle around her thick wrists.
"Looking at your drawing I feel most content and happy."
She said and smiled.

(OOC: It would be expression rolls where Serge is drawing using the crayons.)

Nicole:

'Might want to note down the details in the wallet, might have something useful in it.' Nicole replied, firing up the car and pulling off. 'You know Boston?' glancing to their new passenger. 'Need directions back to the chantry... and not a direct route neither.'

"I will see what I can find in it, and then run a Program to see where the money it it have been and when it ended up in that wallet to learn more about where our enemies have been."
Narim said as he begun tapping at his phone. Arn nodded.
"I know it well enough Ma'am if you go left her that should take us out to Mattapan, let us start with that."

Adley:

He tried to improvise to get the gag to stay in, or find another one in the time he had left before she got the chance to yell for help. He nodded at Adjan and then nudged the woman to walk, wary of her trying anything.

The Nephandi woman cough around the gag, you can show it back in or try to use some rope to bind it in place, she did walk though when you nudged her though she tested her bonds as she did so.

"Not yet other than trying to get the gag out," he replied, sounding somewhat skeptical.

Your Mentor sigh.
"Hum...she did not seam to use her voice as a tool, take the gag out if it bother her that much the risk of it mattering are little and perhaps a bit of kindness will help keep her reasonably compliant, at least unless she see a good chance to escape."

Colin:

Colin nodded, "I was thinking more along the lines of a crash kit - like I said, Master Nassa might be a little preoccupied, and a backup for him in case of a crisis can't hurt."

Richard frowned then he nodded.
"You are right pain, fear and lack of sleep is starting to wear heavily on Bee, I am worried for her health, I will make sure to be ready if something should come up and Master Nassa needs help in dealing with it."

He nodded, "I believe I've been told so by all three factions this week."

The Nephandus gave a bit of a chuckle at that before he left.

He sighed softly, half-joking back, "Yes, he'll want to make a visible example, and I'm gambling on the visible remains being from the idiot who let the doctor make a mistake, rather than the doctor whose hand slipped... Ah, we'll be fine, I'm sure."

"Oh you better for Necromancer is my favorite Diablo 2 class and if they can make a walking, human skeleton out of a bug swarm I am pretty sure I can make a naughty helicopter pilot out of some ash...with some time and study."
Freddy joked.

He shrugged, "Not so often to our side... Reality might disapprove of us, but it genuinely loathes the Fallen."

"Well from what I have heard about them I can understand how reality feels Mr Wainwright."
Mona said and raised an eyebrow.

He nodded slowly, "That... is almost certain. We'll all do what we can to prevent anything more than injuries on our side; in terms of attrition, we've hurt them a lot worse than they've hurt us, so we are still almost at as full strength as we were a week ago. Almost... But, we'll stop them. We have to."

"Well I hope no one I know dies...not that it is nice if someone I don't know dies I mean that is horrible as well but it is extra sad if it is someone I know...and if Master Morgan gets hurt I am royally fucked."
Kyle muttered then he looked down.
"Sorry about the language Sir."

He smiled sadly, "I wish I'd had as much luck... well, she was quite pleasant when first we met, but then... hm, not for now."

"Do you have a problem with a ghost Sir?"
Kyle asked and Tommy chimed in.
"You should buy her ice cream if someone buy you ice cream then you have to like them unless they are a stranger, the law says so!"

He smiled to Tommy and nodded to Kyle, "Better?"

Kyle was still scared but he seamed to be calming down a bit and he nodded.

He grinned and stepped around to hold the cotton wad in place, "Told you he's good, Kyle... Hm, you might want to remember the Litany against Fear; it's useful for stressful situations."

Kyle nodded he was still giggling a bit in relief tension suddenly releasing and making everything funny.
"Yeah Dr Lee must be good I am that did not hurt...well there pressure sort of did but it did not hurt, hurt you know. I mean you have the ouch butter is going everywhere when frying bacon and a drop landed on my arm let me get right back to cooking kind of hurt and then you have the oh god place make it stop or let me pass out kind of pain and this was in the first category...this was not a problem."
The boy said as Richard used his quick pointing hand gestures again and then gently touched the boy's back in three places.
"Now we can put him on his back and let him relax for a while until I take the sample."
Richard said and Kyle nodded and moved onto his back, he did not seam scared now as he no longer feared the second puncture since what he had experienced was well within what he could tolerate.
"I mean wow when I had this done to me as a kid I was screaming in pain, convulsing and eventually passing out. This really, the anesthetic burned a little and then there was only some pressure. øike someone putting a thumb on your spine and pushing."
The young mage commented he still could not believe it.
"Are you sure he really put a needle into my spine?"
He asked and then he nodded.
"Yeah that litany helped, it helped allot, thank you Sir I have a feeling I might end up needing it again before long, what is it from?"
Kyle asked and looked at you.

(OOC: Sorry for my late reply it have been a long week and I am rather tired.)

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I do grammar.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:13 am

Richard frowned then he nodded.
"You are right pain, fear and lack of sleep is starting to wear heavily on Bee, I am worried for her health, I will make sure to be ready if something should come up and Master Nassa needs help in dealing with it."
Colin nodded, "Thank you. I hope it won't be necessary."

"Oh you better for Necromancer is my favorite Diablo 2 class and if they can make a walking, human skeleton out of a bug swarm I am pretty sure I can make a naughty helicopter pilot out of some ash...with some time and study."
Freddy joked.
He grinned, "Luv, I could scare the Fallen from killing me with that assurance from you..."

"Well from what I have heard about them I can understand how reality feels Mr Wainwright."
He frowned, "You might... and yet your understanding would likely not run deep enough. I think... even the wisest and most understanding of Mages don't fully understand it. Perhaps one day, but..."

"Well I hope no one I know dies...not that it is nice if someone I don't know dies I mean that is horrible as well but it is extra sad if it is someone I know...and if Master Morgan gets hurt I am royally fucked."
Kyle muttered then he looked down.
"Sorry about the language Sir."
He nodded, then smiled wryly, "Hopefully, we can be clever enough to avoid a fair fight - with the right tactics, we might be able to avoid outright exchanges altogether. I wouldn't bet on it, though. And as for Chief Morgan, I wouldn't be too worried; the man is too angry and ornery to simply die. In fact, I think he's the third most stubborn person I know of... after me and a colleague of his."

"Do you have a problem with a ghost Sir?"
Kyle asked and Tommy chimed in.
"You should buy her ice cream if someone buy you ice cream then you have to like them unless they are a stranger, the law says so!"
He nodded, "My own damnable fault..."
He smiled sadly down at Tommy, "I don't think ice cream will be quite enough... but I will present her with a peace offering, all the same."

Kyle nodded he was still giggling a bit in relief tension suddenly releasing and making everything funny.
"Yeah Dr Lee must be good I am that did not hurt...well there pressure sort of did but it did not hurt, hurt you know. I mean you have the ouch butter is going everywhere when frying bacon and a drop landed on my arm let me get right back to cooking kind of hurt and then you have the oh god place make it stop or let me pass out kind of pain and this was in the first category...this was not a problem."
He nodded, "After getting a drop of molten silver on my forearm, a drop of frying grease is hardly worth noticing anymore... Any pain you can give a deadpan response to is perfectly alright."

The boy said as Richard used his quick pointing hand gestures again and then gently touched the boy's back in three places.
"Now we can put him on his back and let him relax for a while until I take the sample."
Richard said and Kyle nodded and moved onto his back, he did not seam scared now as he no longer feared the second puncture since what he had experienced was well within what he could tolerate.
"I mean wow when I had this done to me as a kid I was screaming in pain, convulsing and eventually passing out. This really, the anesthetic burned a little and then there was only some pressure. øike someone putting a thumb on your spine and pushing."
The young mage commented he still could not believe it.
"Are you sure he really put a needle into my spine?"
He asked and then he nodded.
He nodded, "Unless he employed some David Copperfield-level of sleight-of-hand skills, he used a needle in your spine, alright. I know what you mean, though - my dentist is similarly good; the lidocaine shot is usually only slightly uncomfortable, and then any other work is done before I even notice. My previous dentist was a lot rougher, though, but I suppose that shows on my face..."

"Yeah that litany helped, it helped allot, thank you Sir I have a feeling I might end up needing it again before long, what is it from?"
Kyle asked and looked at you.
He smiled, "It's from a book called Dune... one of the greatest sci-fi epics, in fact. I'd lend you my copy if it weren't already, hm, spoken for... but I'll pick up a new copy sometime next week, most likely."

((OOC: It has been a long week, and it ain't over yet... Well, bedtime for me, too...))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:31 am

"And so it is young artist, you just need the eyes to see."
Mara said.
"A grand castle with spires and a dragon flying around it, that is what I see."

Serge smiled as he rifled through his sketchbook. "That's what I saw as well. In fact you literally just described what I drew as I was coming over here."

He pulled out the picture of the Steelhaven castle that he had drawn while driving over to the chantry and showed it to the Deaconess.

"It has some nice spires. You can even see a dragon flying around it. I named him Draxxor. He was created from the collective imagination of Jane, Liv, and me." Serge said pointing the the rather impressive looking spear-tailed dragon he had drawn with the girls.

"Indeed so...and my anger do like you, my sorrow to though my hope is not so sure she can trust you."
The old maga said and nodded.
"I though think you are a most promising young man."

A sudden bit of worry blossomed within Serge. The Deaconess's anger and sorrow liked him....but her hope didn't trust him yet? That didn't sound good. Why didn't it trust him? Did he do something wrong?

Shaking his head, Serge decided that he was overthinking things and decided to just to put those thoughts at the back of his mind.

"They are childish, but being childish is good, children live by their imagination, a pillow become the dog they are begging their parents to buy them, a cardboard box is a rocket ship, being childish is wonderful, more people should be childish."
The Deaconess declared.

"It would certainly be a lot more fun if people acted childish." Serge said wondering how the more serious member's of Steelhaven would act.

"It is wonderful."
Mara said and she clapped her hands together enthusiastically making her many bangles jingle around her thick wrists.
"Looking at your drawing I feel most content and happy."
She said and smiled.

"Thank you." Serge said simply as he added a few more adjustments to the drawing.

"Do you want to keep it? It's only fair after you gave me such a nice gift." Serge said before offering the picture of the cats to the Deaconess.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:42 am

The Nephandi woman cough around the gag, you can show it back in or try to use some rope to bind it in place, she did walk though when you nudged her though she tested her bonds as she did so.

He checked her hoodie to use the cord on it to secure it better, then one more check over her bonds as she tested them to make sure they would hold her properly.

"Hum...she did not seam to use her voice as a tool, take the gag out if it bother her that much the risk of it mattering are little and perhaps a bit of kindness will help keep her reasonably compliant, at least unless she see a good chance to escape."

"I'm not sure I want to find out what other creative uses she has in mind for cactii..." He glanced at the woman as they walked along the umbral path, assessing whether she would try to bite him or escape rather than hurl insults.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:27 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Thank you. I hope it won't be necessary."

Richard nodded at that.
"I hope so to, poor Bee she have been through enough."

He grinned, "Luv, I could scare the Fallen from killing me with that assurance from you..."

"Good for if they hurt you love my vengeance on them will be swift and terrible and will involve cactuses...cacti...what are the plural of the damn plants? In either case I will get some particularly pricly ones and make a Nephandus that hurt you regret what they did."
Freddy declared with determination.

He frowned, "You might... and yet your understanding would likely not run deep enough. I think... even the wisest and most understanding of Mages don't fully understand it. Perhaps one day, but..."

"There are some horrible things in this world Mr Wainwright that it is often best not to have a deep and complete understanding of."

He nodded, then smiled wryly, "Hopefully, we can be clever enough to avoid a fair fight - with the right tactics, we might be able to avoid outright exchanges altogether. I wouldn't bet on it, though. And as for Chief Morgan, I wouldn't be too worried; the man is too angry and ornery to simply die. In fact, I think he's the third most stubborn person I know of... after me and a colleague of his."

"Avoiding a fair fight might be good, I do hope you will all survive though Sir."
Kyle muttered.
"Who is the other person that is more stubborn that Master Morgan? Well yes in either case he is real powerful so I guess you are right that he would not just up and die."
The young widderslainte agreed.

He nodded, "My own damnable fault..."
He smiled sadly down at Tommy, "I don't think ice cream will be quite enough... but I will present her with a peace offering, all the same."

Tommy looked at you doubtfully, he was not so sure he agreed that there was a problem in the world that ice cream would not make right, his world was a fairly simple and innocent one.

He nodded, "After getting a drop of molten silver on my forearm, a drop of frying grease is hardly worth noticing anymore... Any pain you can give a deadpan response to is perfectly alright."

"Molten silver fuck that sound like it hurts!"
Kyle exclaimed. Richard nodded.
"I guess you can say there are four degrees of pain, if you pinch your ear or something you know intelligently or something that what you are feeling is pain but it is not bothersome in anyway, and then you have things that make you go ouch that hurt, like frying geese flying or I don't know trying to get a splinter out of your finger or something, things that hurt but are not occupying your entire mind kind of and what Dr Lee did are in that category of pain, and then there things that really hurt when you can't stand it, focusing on anything else are hard and the pain really fills your mind and it is bad like really stubbing your toe...when my Dad use a cane on me when I give in to my darker impulses, spilling a allot of hot soup on yourself so you get blisters that sort of things. And then there is the pain that gets so bad you would do anything to avoid it and you remember how it hurt...and when you remember it there is this knot in your stomach and it is so bad when it happens there is nothing but pain...when I had a spinal tap done to me when I was a kid was like that..."
Kyle commented. Richard nodded.
"Well that are pretty accurate kid, those levels of discomfort have names and how each are experienced are very individual but yes that would be accurate, and I am glad you did not find what I did to you that bad, now please relax you need it."
He said as he put blankets over the young mage and tried to shush the flow of words that relief had unleashed and get Kyle to rest for a few moments.

He nodded, "Unless he employed some David Copperfield-level of sleight-of-hand skills, he used a needle in your spine, alright. I know what you mean, though - my dentist is similarly good; the lidocaine shot is usually only slightly uncomfortable, and then any other work is done before I even notice. My previous dentist was a lot rougher, though, but I suppose that shows on my face..."

Kyle looked wide eyed at you.
"Did you need your teeth fixed to after your accident Sir."
He said then he glanced over at Richard who smiled a little.
"I assure you I did put a needle in your spine kid but we got lucky and it went as it should, if done properly the patient should only feel mild discomfort. Now please get some rest..."

He smiled, "It's from a book called Dune... one of the greatest sci-fi epics, in fact. I'd lend you my copy if it weren't already, hm, spoken for... but I'll pick up a new copy sometime next week, most likely."

"Thank you Sir...I appreciate that, I do love reading."
Kyle said, after the initial flood of words that relief had caused had passed only sleepiness was left once the adrenaline had passed and there was still a bit of the sedative in his system so he closed his eyes and seamed to fall asleep.

Serge:

Serge smiled as he rifled through his sketchbook. "That's what I saw as well. In fact you literally just described what I drew as I was coming over here."

He pulled out the picture of the Steelhaven castle that he had drawn while driving over to the chantry and showed it to the Deaconess.

Mara leaned over to see what you had drawn.
"Perhaps you see the Chantry as it truly are young man."
She said and smiled.

"It has some nice spires. You can even see a dragon flying around it. I named him Draxxor. He was created from the collective imagination of Jane, Liv, and me." Serge said pointing the the rather impressive looking spear-tailed dragon he had drawn with the girls.

"That is perfect young man, that is exactly how Steelhaven look."
The Deaconess said and she clapped her hands again.
"Draxxor you say what a good name. You have forgotten my royal unicorn though, he is grassing in the meadowy behind the castle."
She said and pointed at the drawing without a hint of sarcasm or indication that she was joking.

"It would certainly be a lot more fun if people acted childish." Serge said wondering how the more serious member's of Steelhaven would act.

"It would, and my family would be able to walk this earth again without the cruel banality of life harming them more than iron ever could."
Te large woman said and for a moment she looked sad.

"Thank you." Serge said simply as he added a few more adjustments to the drawing.

"Do you want to keep it? It's only fair after you gave me such a nice gift." Serge said before offering the picture of the cats to the Deaconess.

"I will tressure it young artist a grand gift indeed."
Mara said happily.
"And you should not thank me young man, you should thank my royal unicorn, he was the one who provided the raw materials for the crayons."

Adley:

He checked her hoodie to use the cord on it to secure it better, then one more check over her bonds as she tested them to make sure they would hold her properly.

The woman tried to shy away from your touch, she was clearly scared, her bonds where secure though. You could use the cord from her hoodie to secure the gag in her mouth better yes.

"I'm not sure I want to find out what other creative uses she has in mind for cactii..." He glanced at the woman as they walked along the umbral path, assessing whether she would try to bite him or escape rather than hurl insults.

"It is always cacti..."
Jeffry muttered.
"Well insults we can live with and I have found in many long years of occasional taking prisoners that showing them a bit of kindness when they have done nothing to deserve it, can be rather effective."
He commented.
"But you are free to make the risk assessment yourself mea filius."
The old Hermetic said. The Nephanda looked back at you with a mixture of anger and fear, it was clear she would do anything to escape but it was also unlikely not being gagged would make much of a difference, whatever or not she would try to bite though was hard to say but it would earn her little other than perhaps sterner treatment so it would not be wise for her to do that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:04 am

Anja's Post:
"I will see what I can find in it, and then run a Program to see where the money it it have been and when it ended up in that wallet to learn more about where our enemies have been."
Narim said as he begun tapping at his phone. Arn nodded.
"I know it well enough Ma'am if you go left her that should take us out to Mattapan, let us start with that."

'Sounds like a plan, that does.' Nicole replied. 'I wonder if it's going to be on the news tonight. I hope not; "shooting in black neighbourhood" is the last thing they need right now.'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:12 pm

"Good for if they hurt you love my vengeance on them will be swift and terrible and will involve cactuses...cacti...what are the plural of the damn plants? In either case I will get some particularly pricly ones and make a Nephandus that hurt you regret what they did."
Freddy declared with determination.
Colin grinned, "Well, then, you'll want to ask Amadeus for help."

"There are some horrible things in this world Mr Wainwright that it is often best not to have a deep and complete understanding of."
He nodded, "Very much so... however, many things are more dangerous to have an incomplete understanding of."

"Avoiding a fair fight might be good, I do hope you will all survive though Sir."
Kyle muttered.
"Who is the other person that is more stubborn that Master Morgan? Well yes in either case he is real powerful so I guess you are right that he would not just up and die."
The young widderslainte agreed.
He smiled thinly, "Like I said, a colleague of Morgan's - I'm sure you'll meet soon enough, actually."

"Molten silver fuck that sound like it hurts!"
Kyle exclaimed. Richard nodded.
"I guess you can say there are four degrees of pain, if you pinch your ear or something you know intelligently or something that what you are feeling is pain but it is not bothersome in anyway, and then you have things that make you go ouch that hurt, like frying geese flying or I don't know trying to get a splinter out of your finger or something, things that hurt but are not occupying your entire mind kind of and what Dr Lee did are in that category of pain, and then there things that really hurt when you can't stand it, focusing on anything else are hard and the pain really fills your mind and it is bad like really stubbing your toe...when my Dad use a cane on me when I give in to my darker impulses, spilling a allot of hot soup on yourself so you get blisters that sort of things. And then there is the pain that gets so bad you would do anything to avoid it and you remember how it hurt...and when you remember it there is this knot in your stomach and it is so bad when it happens there is nothing but pain...when I had a spinal tap done to me when I was a kid was like that..."
Kyle commented. Richard nodded.
"Well that are pretty accurate kid, those levels of discomfort have names and how each are experienced are very individual but yes that would be accurate, and I am glad you did not find what I did to you that bad, now please relax you need it."
He said as he put blankets over the young mage and tried to shush the flow of words that relief had unleashed and get Kyle to rest for a few moments.
He nodded, "Well, it's all relative - but yes, the silver was quite painful. Fortunately, it cooled off a lot on its way through my suit, but it still left a pretty nasty mark. And, of course, since my employee saw the injury, I had to rely on mundane medicine to tend to it instead of asking for magical healing, just to avoid inconvenient explanations..."

Kyle looked wide eyed at you.
"Did you need your teeth fixed to after your accident Sir."
He said then he glanced over at Richard who smiled a little.
"I assure you I did put a needle in your spine kid but we got lucky and it went as it should, if done properly the patient should only feel mild discomfort. Now please get some rest..."
He grimaced, "Not as a direct consequence of getting shot down, no - a few teeth were loosened slightly, but nothing that time couldn't fix. No, the problem with my teeth was that when you're fed through a vein because your entire face is wrapped snugly so you won't accidentally stretch the stitches, you can't brush and floss properly... The dentist who took care of the cavities after I was unwrapped was... simply not gentle."

"Thank you Sir...I appreciate that, I do love reading."
Kyle said, after the initial flood of words that relief had caused had passed only sleepiness was left once the adrenaline had passed and there was still a bit of the sedative in his system so he closed his eyes and seamed to fall asleep.
He nodded and patted Kyle on the shoulder as he drifted off to sleep, "Never lose that, kid..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:49 pm

Nicole:

'Sounds like a plan, that does.' Nicole replied. 'I wonder if it's going to be on the news tonight. I hope not; "shooting in black neighbourhood" is the last thing they need right now.'

"I doubt it there are no bodies, no blood, no weapons and no bullets left, likely the polite will believe that someone fired off a weapon into the air or at the target and scared the neighbors, illegal yes but doubtfully someone is going to call the press over."
Narim said.
"But no they would not need that kind of press here, there are troublesome elements in any slum but for the most part this is just a place where poor families who can't afford to live anywhere else try to live their lives."
The Virtual Adept said and frowned.

Colin:

Colin grinned, "Well, then, you'll want to ask Amadeus for help."

"Hum you are right a Verbena Master and a cactus should be able to do allot of damage that would be quite painful to the target."
Freddy said still sounding amused.

He nodded, "Very much so... however, many things are more dangerous to have an incomplete understanding of."

"That is quite true Sir but are the evils of the Nephandi one of those things that it would help to have a more complete understanding of?"
Mona asked.

He smiled thinly, "Like I said, a colleague of Morgan's - I'm sure you'll meet soon enough, actually."

Kyle just nodded at that.

He nodded, "Well, it's all relative - but yes, the silver was quite painful. Fortunately, it cooled off a lot on its way through my suit, but it still left a pretty nasty mark. And, of course, since my employee saw the injury, I had to rely on mundane medicine to tend to it instead of asking for magical healing, just to avoid inconvenient explanations..."

"Could you not have just gotten the burn healed and then just covered the area with a bandage or something so your employee would not suspect anything?"
Kyle asked.
"But yeah molten metal against one's body do not sounds like allot of fun."

He grimaced, "Not as a direct consequence of getting shot down, no - a few teeth were loosened slightly, but nothing that time couldn't fix. No, the problem with my teeth was that when you're fed through a vein because your entire face is wrapped snugly so you won't accidentally stretch the stitches, you can't brush and floss properly... The dentist who took care of the cavities after I was unwrapped was... simply not gentle."

"That sucks Sir, and just laying there must have been really boring."
Kyle said and frowned.
"I have never had a problem with my teeth. I chipped one once and had it taken care of at the next yearly check up so I have never really had any dental work done where being gentle would be relevant just checking over them and such."
He commented.

He nodded and patted Kyle on the shoulder as he drifted off to sleep, "Never lose that, kid..."

Kyle smiled softly he had been rather nervous and stressed after getting that IV in caused so much pain but now he had finally relaxed and seamed sure he would not be hurt. Richard smiled a little.
"I think we should give it about 20 minutes then draw the sample and give him another scan and then we can return him home then I will go back to the hospital and work on figuring this out."
Richard said.
"At least the kid seam to have calmed down."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:37 pm

'True enough. Good job we're not in some one-horse town which is aching for events to cover, however minor.' Nicole replied, rolling down the window. 'Speaking of which; what's the Agent Smiths up to now?'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:17 pm

Mara leaned over to see what you had drawn.
"Perhaps you see the Chantry as it truly are young man."
She said and smiled.
"That is perfect young man, that is exactly how Steelhaven look."
The Deaconess said and she clapped her hands again.
"Draxxor you say what a good name. You have forgotten my royal unicorn though, he is grassing in the meadowy behind the castle."
She said and pointed at the drawing without a hint of sarcasm or indication that she was joking.

"Unicorns? I never thought about that. Huh that's neat. What's the royal unicorn like? Does he have a name?" Serge asked eager to learn about more magickal creatures.  

"It would, and my family would be able to walk this earth again without the cruel banality of life harming them more than iron ever could."
Te large woman said and for a moment she looked sad.

"Yeah it would be nice without that...banality?" Serge said in mild confusion, having no idea what banality was or what the Deaconess meant by 'her family'. In fact the Deaconess made reference to several things that Serge had no clue about and he made a mental note to add fae to the list of subject that he and Kyle would research.

"I will tressure it young artist a grand gift indeed."
Mara said happily.
"And you should not thank me young man, you should thank my royal unicorn, he was the one who provided the raw materials for the crayons."

"I will be make sure to thank him if I see him. What does he look like?" Serge asked.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:24 pm

Nicole:

'True enough. Good job we're not in some one-horse town which is aching for events to cover, however minor.' Nicole replied, rolling down the window. 'Speaking of which; what's the Agent Smiths up to now?'

"It seams they are headed to the site of the fight. I suspect they where here for some other matter but they have detected the effects out group caused."
Narim said after a few taps on his phone. Hopefully they will not try to pursue one of our groups."
He said and frowned as she begun to point his phone at the various things in the box to scan them.

Serge:

"Unicorns? I never thought about that. Huh that's neat. What's the royal unicorn like? Does he have a name?" Serge asked eager to learn about more magickal creatures.

"Oh they are beautiful creatures but they can be quite dangerous do not try to pet the ones that live on Horizon they would run though through. Phalen my steed though is friendly and old, he is a loyal companion though he is not a pet, such a creature can never be a pet."
Mara said and smile fondly.

"Yeah it would be nice without that...banality?" Serge said in mild confusion, having no idea what banality was or what the Deaconess meant by 'her family'. In fact the Deaconess made reference to several things that Serge had no clue about and he made a mental note to add fae to the list of subject that he and Kyle would research.

"So it would be, for most of our kind it becomes Paradox, the cruel punishments of a frozen reality that don't know any better but for my family, it is death...and worse than death."
The Deaconess muttered sadly.
"Well such are sorrowful topics to burden one so young with, especially on a day where spirits should be kept high before the battle."
He said and forced a little smile.

"I will be make sure to thank him if I see him. What does he look like?" Serge asked.

Mara's expression immediately brightened.
"He is silver white of coat and mane, though the silver is getting more and more gray and like me he is getting quite round.."
The old maga said happily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:52 pm

'Well, with any luck they'll follow the Fallen's trail if they pick up any.' she replied, locating a packet of cigarettes from the junk in the door-pocket. 'Where now?'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:07 pm

"If we are lucky they might, nothing would be better than the Union causing trouble for the Fallen rather than for us."
Narim said as he worked on the confiscated items.
"Take another left here that should bring you onto the highway and then drive towards the university."
Arn replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:12 pm

"It is always cacti..." Jeffry muttered. "Well insults we can live with and I have found in many long years of occasional taking prisoners that showing them a bit of kindness when they have done nothing to deserve it, can be rather effective." He commented. "But you are free to make the risk assessment yourself mea filius."

Frankly, Adley was not in the mood to chat as they travelled the umbra, or have random abuse hurtled, or for her to try calling to help from someone or something in the area. On the other hand, Mundi had tried to relate something that he didn't quite understand yet, something that had to do with his amicus (in the future?) and this might be the only opportunity to see if he could find out who she was. "Ma'am," he said, addressing the prisoner, "Perhaps if you promise not to try to bite or injure me or others, scream or attempt to get help, or get away and I would consider loosening the gag. Make any attempts along those lines and back it goes. Understood?" It wasn't so much that he thought she /wouldn't/ try to get away, he wasn't naive, nor did some stranger's promise hold much water with him but it was a fair deal, he thought, considering.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:16 pm

The Nephanda looked at you, not that she could promise much being gagged and she probably would flee if given half a chance but she did not make any hostile moves and she grunted at you then she sigh and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top