Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:52 pm

Given she was able to move her legs enough to shuffle along, he was wary enough - he'd been nailed once by a pair of boots and none too keen on a repeat performance. Nor some other trick to get away. He reached out to move the gag enough that she could talk and breathe, but kept it handy so he could return it if he had to do so. That done, he waited for her to scream, curse them out or perhaps, as he'd seen happen, tearfully beg...
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:53 pm

Anja's Post:
"If we are lucky they might, nothing would be better than the Union causing trouble for the Fallen rather than for us."
Narim said as he worked on the confiscated items.
"Take another left here that should bring you onto the highway and then drive towards the university."
Arn replied.

'True enough.' Nicole replied, taking the left as indicated; continuing to check in her rear-view mirror each junction they took to see if they were being tailed.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:22 pm

Adley:

The Nephanda cough a little as the gag was removed and she looked at you for a moment then sigh.
"Thank you."
She grumbled and took a deep breath.
"You know I can't promise not to try to escape if given a chance, or do anything else to better my chances to get away but other than that...I can agree to your terms."
She muttered and scowled at you. She could walk but only in a slightly shuffling gait as her legs where taped together rather firmly.
"What is going to happen now what are you bastards going to do with me?"
She asked fearfully.

Nicole:

You notice the same dark blue, nearly black Opel a few cars behind yours at several junctions, it could be a coincidence off course, it did however follow you out into the highway and did the same as you turned towards the university as well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:26 pm

With her suspicion rising, Nicole turned off the main road, heading off along a side-street, seeing if the Opel followed her.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:28 pm

"Thank you." She grumbled and took a deep breath. "You know I can't promise not to try to escape if given a chance, or do anything else to better my chances to get away but other than that...I can agree to your terms."

"And you know the consequences if you should try to do so; it would worsen your situation. We're taking a stroll, for now that's what we're doing. What is your name?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:33 pm

Nicole:

The dark blue car did indeed follow you into the side road, though it kept greater distance now.

Adley:

"I know the consequences if I remain in captivity Traditionalist so your threats worry me little, and fuck you yes I did notice we are taking a stroll i was wondering what you would do to me when we get where we are going...well other than sending me to Horizon?"
She asked again fearfully.
"Sierra my name is Sierra more than that you do not need to know Traditionalist, what is your name?"
The Nephanda asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:37 pm

'Gents... don't look behind you or nothing, but I think we're being tailed.' Nicole announced to the other two, lighting a smoke.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:42 pm

"It's not a threat. I have no particular desire to have to make you suffer indignities unless I must in order to keep us safe," he said simply. "Sierra, then. We'll find out your name, so there's no need to be coy about it. I am only looking to be able to call you something other than 'hey you' for now. That would be rather rude."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:47 pm

Nicole:

"Oh wonderful."
Arn muttered. Narim smiled a little nervously and handed you back the weapons and ammunition from the box, these are clear in case they are needed, I am concerned though the car was protected, and Mr Terach is quite powerful it would take some doing to get through his magick, whoever are following us have some skill..."
The Virtual Adept said as she still looked down at his phone and tapped at it.
"Let me see what I can do to loose them."

Adley:

"I see well let us hope that if the chance to escape do present itself I will get away clean then."
Sierra said and smiled a little.
"Sierra will do for now but yes I guess asking for a name is more polite, I notice you have not given me yours though."
She commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:54 pm

"That is quite true Sir but are the evils of the Nephandi one of those things that it would help to have a more complete understanding of?"
Mona asked.
Colin frowned and shook his head, "No, not really - the precise mechanics of why and how Reality reacts more harshly to their magic, though... could be highly useful."

"Could you not have just gotten the burn healed and then just covered the area with a bandage or something so your employee would not suspect anything?"
Kyle asked.
"But yeah molten metal against one's body do not sounds like allot of fun."
He smiled wryly, "By the time I got out of the emergency room, well... there wasn't all that much point to it anymore."
He frowned and looked down at his arm, "Hum, come to think of it, after I got slightly crisped earlier this morning, the old burn mark might be gone now, healed along with the rest of my arm and leg..."

"That sucks Sir, and just laying there must have been really boring."
Kyle said and frowned.
"I have never had a problem with my teeth. I chipped one once and had it taken care of at the next yearly check up so I have never really had any dental work done where being gentle would be relevant just checking over them and such."
He commented.
He shrugged, "My eyes were unharmed; when I was not too drugged to stay conscious, I had the time to read. A lot of time, a lot of Fantasy novels... and, of course, my Avatar started stirring, showing me the first few things I could do..."

Kyle smiled softly he had been rather nervous and stressed after getting that IV in caused so much pain but now he had finally relaxed and seamed sure he would not be hurt. Richard smiled a little.
"I think we should give it about 20 minutes then draw the sample and give him another scan and then we can return him home then I will go back to the hospital and work on figuring this out."
Richard said.
"At least the kid seam to have calmed down."
He nodded, "Let's hope things stay quiet until then... here and back home."
He smiled, "Yes, I think despite your initial difficulties with finding a vein, you may have helped him take a few great leaps in dealing with his fear of hospitals. Not to mention showing him that there are doctors who will listen to his fears and allow him the time to cope with them..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:58 pm

"That's not a hope I share, of course," he said, with a bit of a tilt of his head. "And indeed I have not; apparently I am a /little/ rude," he admitted, though with a very faint, short-lived smile. Despite conversing, his attitude remained alert for anything that might give an opportunity to get away, or trouble. "Were you once an Etherite or an Adept?" he asked. "Or just someone who liked to make things that blow up in their spare time?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:26 pm

"So it would be, for most of our kind it becomes Paradox, the cruel punishments of a frozen reality that don't know any better but for my family, it is death...and worse than death."
The Deaconess muttered sadly.
"Well such are sorrowful topics to burden one so young with, especially on a day where spirits should be kept high before the battle."
He said and forced a little smile.

Serge nodded and smiled his own smile. He changed subjects quickly not wanting to delve deeper into a topic that clearly troubled the Deaconess.

"Oh they are beautiful creatures but they can be quite dangerous do not try to pet the ones that live on Horizon they would run though through. Phalen my steed though is friendly and old, he is a loyal companion though he is not a pet, such a creature can never be a pet."
Mara said and smile fondly.
Mara's expression immediately brightened.
"He is silver white of coat and mane, though the silver is getting more and more gray and like me he is getting quite round.."
The old maga said happily.

"How long have you known him? I would love to meet him someday. He sounds cool." Serge said, eager to learn more about the magikal creature.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:02 pm

Colin:

Colin frowned and shook his head, "No, not really - the precise mechanics of why and how Reality reacts more harshly to their magic, though... could be highly useful."

"Yes that is probably useful Mr Wainwright but it is doubtfully that useful to me who do not practice such arts."
Mona said and raised an eyebrow.

He smiled wryly, "By the time I got out of the emergency room, well... there wasn't all that much point to it anymore."
He frowned and looked down at his arm, "Hum, come to think of it, after I got slightly crisped earlier this morning, the old burn mark might be gone now, healed along with the rest of my arm and leg..."

"You got burned this morning Sir, man, that sucks."
Kyle muttered and looked at you wide eyed.
"Are you ok now?"

He shrugged, "My eyes were unharmed; when I was not too drugged to stay conscious, I had the time to read. A lot of time, a lot of Fantasy novels... and, of course, my Avatar started stirring, showing me the first few things I could do..."

"Learning magick is cool, even so it could not have been easy Sir."
Kyle muttered sympathetically.
"Still you where alive and you are alright now now right and there are worse ways to spend one's time than reading."
He muttered and nodded.

He nodded, "Let's hope things stay quiet until then... here and back home."

"Yes I am a little worried staying away this long."
Richard said and frowned.

He smiled, "Yes, I think despite your initial difficulties with finding a vein, you may have helped him take a few great leaps in dealing with his fear of hospitals. Not to mention showing him that there are doctors who will listen to his fears and allow him the time to cope with them..."

"I have seen my share of children and adults who have sent to much time in a hospital and have gotten rather scared, I am glad things went well today I was worried when puncturing his spine, if you are lucky it should work out as it did, the anesthetic will burn a little and then all the patient will feel is pressure, about like if someone put their thumb against your spine and push hard, not plesant to be sure but not intolerable either but you never know and for some the procedure is intolerable, I would not want the kid to end up like my magickal sister we have tried to get her in her but...she have gotten as far as the parking lot and will not go further."
Richard muttered and frowned again.

Adley:

"That's not a hope I share, of course," he said, with a bit of a tilt of his head.

"No off course not you would prefer to see my soul ripped out of my still living body and destroyed and then I may or may not be given the mercy of death afterwards, but that is not an outcome I would...hope for."
Sierra said sarcastically and she tried to hide her fear.

"And indeed I have not; apparently I am a /little/ rude," he admitted, though with a very faint, short-lived smile. Despite conversing, his attitude remained alert for anything that might give an opportunity to get away, or trouble.

"Well yes I suppose you are then again I did fuck with your Chantry's pet angel."
The Nephanda muttered.
"I guess that is a little rude as well."
She said and you saw your Mentor's jaw tighten he clearly found it more than a little rude he was quite protective of his spirit allies.

"Were you once an Etherite or an Adept?" he asked. "Or just someone who liked to make things that blow up in their spare time?"

Sierra hesitated at that then she said.
"I was someone who liked to make things that blow up in my spare time, which is how I became and Etherite."

Serge:

"How long have you known him? I would love to meet him someday. He sounds cool." Serge said, eager to learn more about the magikal creature.

"When I was eight, my great grandfather came to see me, back then it was still possible for his kind to walk the earth, at least for a short period of time, he came to take me to a Merinita magus that would train me, and before he left me in my Mentor's care he gave me Phalen then a foal."
The Deaconess said and smiled.
"I will be happy to introduce you to him, once this current conflict is over, I am sure he will like you, I will have to take you into the world of dreams to do so though, I am afraid that the hardening of reality would kill my old friend if I brought him here."
Mara agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:20 pm

"Yes that is probably useful Mr Wainwright but it is doubtfully that useful to me who do not practice such arts."
Mona said and raised an eyebrow.
Colin nodded, "Not directly, perhaps... but understanding could prove useful in tending to those suffering the, hm, consequences, whether Fallen or not."

"You got burned this morning Sir, man, that sucks."
Kyle muttered and looked at you wide eyed.
"Are you ok now?"
He nodded, "The Keeper of the Labyrinth in Chicago took my comments on the loss of her lover a little... personally. I'm... not proud of my choice of words, but it worked; we managed to catch her... and in her passing, she left me a gift - her love for another. It's not proof I can present easily, but... the Fallen are quite as capable of loving as greatly and deeply as anyone..."

"Learning magick is cool, even so it could not have been easy Sir."
Kyle muttered sympathetically.
"Still you where alive and you are alright now now right and there are worse ways to spend one's time than reading."
He muttered and nodded.
He grinned, "You remember that when Chief Morgan has set you to translate the fifth volume of Hermetic theory from assorted dead languages in a week. There are far worse things than reading, indeed..."

"Yes I am a little worried staying away this long."
Richard said and frowned.
He nodded, "On the other hand, what we're doing right now might end up saving the life of a man who will die in about three years... not to mention give Freddy a greater relief from her headaches and seizures, if we're lucky."

"I have seen my share of children and adults who have sent to much time in a hospital and have gotten rather scared, I am glad things went well today I was worried when puncturing his spine, if you are lucky it should work out as it did, the anesthetic will burn a little and then all the patient will feel is pressure, about like if someone put their thumb against your spine and push hard, not plesant to be sure but not intolerable either but you never know and for some the procedure is intolerable, I would not want the kid to end up like my magickal sister we have tried to get her in her but...she have gotten as far as the parking lot and will not go further."
Richard muttered and frowned again.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Hum, perhaps exploring her fears could help pinpoint precisely what it is that scares her - whether it is the hospital, doctors or medical procedures. Actually... have you met the new Cultist kid yet, Mr. Yager? He has some unusual talents in matters of the mind, and he seems to be quite the sociable fellow. I'm considering inviting him to join our Cabal, in fact - he seems like he could be quite the asset, especially when it comes to... soothing mental anguish."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:27 pm

"When I was eight, my great grandfather came to see me, back then it was still possible for his kind to walk the earth, at least for a short period of time, he came to take me to a Merinita magus that would train me, and before he left me in my Mentor's care he gave me Phalen then a foal."
"I will be happy to introduce you to him, once this current conflict is over, I am sure he will like you, I will have to take you into the world of dreams to do so though, I am afraid that the hardening of reality would kill my old friend if I brought him here."
Mara agreed.

"I have experience with traversing dream worlds.... sort of...I think. I'm not sure if it qualifies as a world of dreams....more so a world inside my head...a demesne or mind palace. I think that's what my mentor called it." Serge said not sure if his demesne was the same thing as the world of dreams.

"Anyways, what's the world of dreams like?" Serge asked still curious about the many mysteries of the fae.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:09 am

"No off course not you would prefer to see my soul ripped out of my still living body and destroyed and then I may or may not be given the mercy of death afterwards, but that is not an outcome I would...hope for."

"I would prefer that you or your avatar did not Fall, in honesty," he said with a frown.

"Well yes I suppose you are then again I did fuck with your Chantry's pet angel." The Nephanda muttered. "I guess that is a little rude as well."

"Also rude, calling it a pet," he added, then thought back to what he saw at the window, what she might have been using to work on the spirit. An Etherite that worked on spirits...odd enough, but they were in the umbra and he didn't want to see any tricks. Just because he thought he got all her tools didn't mean that they had. "It didn't work..."

Sierra hesitated at that then she said. "I was someone who liked to make things that blow up in my spare time, which is how I became and Etherite."

"What was it that tempted you away, or was it an arm twist?"

// Thor: Ragnarock was good, probably my favorite Thor movie.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:39 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Not directly, perhaps... but understanding could prove useful in tending to those suffering the, hm, consequences, whether Fallen or not."

"I have some training in treating Paradox related injuries so yes understanding how they manifest in the body yes, the exact philosophy and ideas of the Fallen though do not to me seam needed for me to know Sir."
Mona said.

He nodded, "The Keeper of the Labyrinth in Chicago took my comments on the loss of her lover a little... personally. I'm... not proud of my choice of words, but it worked; we managed to catch her... and in her passing, she left me a gift - her love for another. It's not proof I can present easily, but... the Fallen are quite as capable of loving as greatly and deeply as anyone..."

"Well I know I am fully capable of love."
Kyle muttered.
"So you killed a higher up in a Labyrinth and made her mad by talking about her lost lover damn...but how did you manage to get her love? I do not understand."
The boy said looking rather confused.

He grinned, "You remember that when Chief Morgan has set you to translate the fifth volume of Hermetic theory from assorted dead languages in a week. There are far worse things than reading, indeed..."

That made Kyle laugh a little.
"Yeah that sounds a little tedious, but I do not really mind."
He said and smiled.

He nodded, "On the other hand, what we're doing right now might end up saving the life of a man who will die in about three years... not to mention give Freddy a greater relief from her headaches and seizures, if we're lucky."

"If we are lucky and yes hopefully the second puncture will be a painless as the first one, I find the information I need and we get home and find everyone safe in the meantime."
Richard muttered.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Hum, perhaps exploring her fears could help pinpoint precisely what it is that scares her - whether it is the hospital, doctors or medical procedures.

"I suspect all of the above...I don't know, perhaps you are right. You see Yu Die lost her parents when she was about two and grew up in a foster home, however when she was ten her foster parents had another kid of their own and decided they no longer wanted her and she was moved to one of those homes more concerned with the money taking in a kid brings in. Yu Die's former foster home had not vaccinated her at all due to their beliefs but in the new home they wanted to make sure she could not spread illnesses to the other kids and dropped her off at a doctors offers telling them to do as many of those she was missing as possible at once. I do not know everything that happened but my sister was already scared due to the things her former foster parents had said vaccines would do to her, and she was in an emotionally bad place due to being abandoned when she was no longer wanted...in either case soon she had to be held down while the nurse worked and at this point she Awakened. The Awakening effect of someone who fear for their lives can be quite powerful and the group of nurses working on her turned on themselves, stabbing each other to death with whatever they could find right in front of Yu Die who did not realize she was the cause. Naturally CDC got involved and took Yu Die to a hospital where she was poked and prodded for days and otherwise mostly left alone, this broke her she was to traumatized from what she had seen and now her new foster family no longer wanted her and she was abandoned again. My sister was sent to a local, rather poor mental hospital where my teacher found her and saved her from, she is better now, she talks, studies and laugh but she will not go near a hospital or doctor's office."
Richard said and sigh.

Actually... have you met the new Cultist kid yet, Mr. Yager? He has some unusual talents in matters of the mind, and he seems to be quite the sociable fellow. I'm considering inviting him to join our Cabal, in fact - he seems like he could be quite the asset, especially when it comes to... soothing mental anguish."

"I have, the Chief had sent him to keep Kyle calm while I gave him that injection of the serum this morning, he seams to be a good kid...hum yes he might be good for our Cabal and perhaps someone like that could help my sister I will discuss it with my Mentor."

Serge:

"I have experience with traversing dream worlds.... sort of...I think. I'm not sure if it qualifies as a world of dreams....more so a world inside my head...a demesne or mind palace. I think that's what my mentor called it." Serge said not sure if his demesne was the same thing as the world of dreams.

"Your inner world are connected to the world of dreams like lakes connected to an ocean through rivers, you control your own inner world though the dream world is was and made by everybody, what I talk about though is a little different from that...you will discover it in time."

"Anyways, what's the world of dreams like?" Serge asked still curious about the many mysteries of the fae.

"Perhaps it should be named something different, for there is a world of dreams, a communal world that spreads though the Umbra but what I talk about is the world of wonder, the plane of pure creativity where my family can still live and dance in the moonlight."
Mara replied.

Adley:

"I would prefer that you or your avatar did not Fall, in honesty," he said with a frown.

"That may be so but we have Fallen, and the fact still remains that you are bringing me to be Gilgulled...are you ok with that? Have you ever seen that done?"
Sierra asked still trying to hide her fear.
"Or is it that you are ok with it as long as the target is Fallen?"

"Also rude, calling it a pet," he added, then thought back to what he saw at the window, what she might have been using to work on the spirit. An Etherite that worked on spirits...odd enough, but they were in the umbra and he didn't want to see any tricks. Just because he thought he got all her tools didn't mean that they had. "It didn't work..."

"Very well i guess I will not call your...ehm...guardian a pet then."
The Nephanda said then she looked confused.
"What did not work? It seams to me I confused that spirit just as intended I never meant to permanently hurt it that would be pointless and far beyond my abilities."

"What was it that tempted you away, or was it an arm twist?"

Again Sierra hesitated not knowing if she should talk about this or not, then she drew a deep breath and said.
"I guess it don't matter if I tell you Traditionalist. I was offered power, the thing was the Nephandus who approached me just did not fit the kicking grandmothers down the stairs just because it is Monday stereotype my Mentor warned me about, sure he had a rather ark outlook on life but he was normal you know, wearing normal clothes, he was not drenched in puppy guts, he enjoyed watching TV shows in his spare time, said thank you and please to the waitress at the cafe we me in, he seamed normal and he offered me chances to study which was so much grater than what I had available in my so called Chantry which was just really five Awakened just out of collage kids who had decided to rent a place together and register it with the local Tribunal as a Chantry. I was offered instruction, access to libraries, laboratories, and I went for it."
The Nephanda said.
"I understand his views now..the ones the man who recruited me talked about."

(OOC: I am so looking forward to seeing it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:29 pm

"Your inner world are connected to the world of dreams like lakes connected to an ocean through rivers, you control your own inner world though the dream world is was and made by everybody, what I talk about though is a little different from that...you will discover it in time."

"So my world is connected to a communal world of dreams? Huh....that's cool. Does that mean I could travel from my world to the world of dreams?" Serge asked now curious about the properties of the world inside his head.

"Perhaps it should be named something different, for there is a world of dreams, a communal world that spreads though the Umbra but what I talk about is the world of wonder, the plane of pure creativity where my family can still live and dance in the moonlight."
Mara replied.

"Damn! That sounds like an awesome place to be." Serge said with child-like wonder in his voice.

"How do you get to the world of wonder? Is there like a portal or something?"

(OOC: I really wanna watch Thor: Ragnorok. Mostly because I wanna see more Thor vs Hulk fights.)
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:31 pm

"I have some training in treating Paradox related injuries so yes understanding how they manifest in the body yes, the exact philosophy and ideas of the Fallen though do not to me seam needed for me to know Sir."
Mona said.
Colin shook his head, "While understanding the philosophies of the Fallen might help in arguing against them, what I was talking about a deeper understanding of was the precise mechanics of why Reality hates them so much more than us. No, you would not want to delve into Nephandic philosophy - it's largely enough to know that they believe the world must be unraveled and reduced to the primordial chaos before existence, and that we don't want that to happen..."

"Well I know I am fully capable of love."
Kyle muttered.
"So you killed a higher up in a Labyrinth and made her mad by talking about her lost lover damn...but how did you manage to get her love? I do not understand."
The boy said looking rather confused.
He frowned, "My Avatar is rather special... the Labyrinth Keeper was... well, that. Afterwards, my Avatar picked up the lingering fragments, and that little piece held important memories, her love for another greatest among them. While I attained information that saved us all, concerning a nasty trap in the Labyrinth, I fear there's going to be some... awkward moments when her lover is reincarnated, should our paths cross."

That made Kyle laugh a little.
"Yeah that sounds a little tedious, but I do not really mind."
He said and smiled.
He nodded, "Good lad."

"If we are lucky and yes hopefully the second puncture will be a painless as the first one, I find the information I need and we get home and find everyone safe in the meantime."
Richard muttered.
He nodded, "Twenty minutes... Will you be needing to refresh the anaesthetic?"

"I suspect all of the above...I don't know, perhaps you are right. You see Yu Die lost her parents when she was about two and grew up in a foster home, however when she was ten her foster parents had another kid of their own and decided they no longer wanted her and she was moved to one of those homes more concerned with the money taking in a kid brings in. Yu Die's former foster home had not vaccinated her at all due to their beliefs but in the new home they wanted to make sure she could not spread illnesses to the other kids and dropped her off at a doctors offers telling them to do as many of those she was missing as possible at once. I do not know everything that happened but my sister was already scared due to the things her former foster parents had said vaccines would do to her, and she was in an emotionally bad place due to being abandoned when she was no longer wanted...in either case soon she had to be held down while the nurse worked and at this point she Awakened. The Awakening effect of someone who fear for their lives can be quite powerful and the group of nurses working on her turned on themselves, stabbing each other to death with whatever they could find right in front of Yu Die who did not realize she was the cause. Naturally CDC got involved and took Yu Die to a hospital where she was poked and prodded for days and otherwise mostly left alone, this broke her she was to traumatized from what she had seen and now her new foster family no longer wanted her and she was abandoned again. My sister was sent to a local, rather poor mental hospital where my teacher found her and saved her from, she is better now, she talks, studies and laugh but she will not go near a hospital or doctor's office."
Richard said and sigh.
He frowned, "A good therapist seems vital, then... Hum, Freddy did recommend her therapist to me, for Anna... A fellow Mage, so the Law of Shade isn't an issue."

"I have, the Chief had sent him to keep Kyle calm while I gave him that injection of the serum this morning, he seams to be a good kid...hum yes he might be good for our Cabal and perhaps someone like that could help my sister I will discuss it with my Mentor."
He nodded, "He seems very good with kids, too - he's perhaps a little closer to their youthful enthusiasm than most of us. I hope he can keep that for a long time..."

((OOC: Well, Magic tournament today went shite. Five out of the six matches I played saw me forced to Mulligan AND get landlocked. The other players were pretty damn impressed with that streak of misfortune. :/ ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:01 pm

Serge:

"So my world is connected to a communal world of dreams? Huh....that's cool. Does that mean I could travel from my world to the world of dreams?" Serge asked now curious about the properties of the world inside his head.

"Yes, the Dreamspeakers know how to travel between dreams, some others do as well, it is a wondrous an often dangerous world to explore."
Mara confirmed.

"Damn! That sounds like an awesome place to be." Serge said with child-like wonder in his voice.

"Oh it is a beautiful place, where imagination rules, it lies between soul and form, between dream and the waked state, the whole of it are contained on the petal of a flower and yet it's wastness can not be measured."

"How do you get to the world of wonder? Is there like a portal or something?"

"There are portals but often the keys are moods, when you feel wonder and there is a feeling of magick in the air, and you allmost thing you see shapes in the shadows that in when the world of the fae are near."

Colin:

Colin shook his head, "While understanding the philosophies of the Fallen might help in arguing against them, what I was talking about a deeper understanding of was the precise mechanics of why Reality hates them so much more than us. No, you would not want to delve into Nephandic philosophy - it's largely enough to know that they believe the world must be unraveled and reduced to the primordial chaos before existence, and that we don't want that to happen..."

"That do sound like a most unpleasant thing to go around and believe, but yes as you are so insistent Sir I will ask Dr Wong about why reality are harsher on the Fallen than the rest of the Awakened."
Mona said patiently.

He frowned, "My Avatar is rather special... the Labyrinth Keeper was... well, that. Afterwards, my Avatar picked up the lingering fragments, and that little piece held important memories, her love for another greatest among them. While I attained information that saved us all, concerning a nasty trap in the Labyrinth, I fear there's going to be some... awkward moments when her lover is reincarnated, should our paths cross."

Kyle paled considerably.
"So she was...that which might still happen to me..."
He whispered and he could not stop himself from shivering he reached down to his foot and winced the sudden panic he was feeling making every part of his body more sensitive.
"I...I guess she is...glad that...part of her survived..."
He whispered.

He nodded, "Good lad."

Kyle smiled a little at that but he was still looking a bit upset over the mention of what happened to Fallen captured by the Traditions.

He nodded, "Twenty minutes... Will you be needing to refresh the anaesthetic?"

"I will since I am not going to use exactly the same point to avoid the risk of injuring him...hum...but yes that makes me think that perhaps it would be a good idea to apply some anesthetic cream to where I will be working right now giving it time to work and he will feel less to the anesthetic."
Richard said and Mona handed him a little white tube.
"I have some ready, until we knew how bad the boy's veins was I thought it would have made the IV easier on him."
She commented. Richard nodded.
"Thank you Mona."

He frowned, "A good therapist seems vital, then... Hum, Freddy did recommend her therapist to me, for Anna... A fellow Mage, so the Law of Shade isn't an issue."

"A mage therapist might be a good idea yes to avoid issues with the Law of Shade, do this person live here in Boston and where can I contact him or her and I will speak with my Mentor about it."
Richard said and nodded.

He nodded, "He seems very good with kids, too - he's perhaps a little closer to their youthful enthusiasm than most of us. I hope he can keep that for a long time..."

"He did seam quite enthusiastic yes but also kindhearted he got Kyle's mind of the serum and managed to get him into a far better mood, I do hope he will get to keep his youthful spirit yes there is something innocent about Mr Yager."

(OOC: You shall have no mana. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:10 pm

"That may be so but we have Fallen, and the fact still remains that you are bringing me to be Gilgulled...are you ok with that? Have you ever seen that done?" Sierra asked still trying to hide her fear. "Or is it that you are ok with it as long as the target is Fallen?"

"I think you're asking a rhetorical question. The ones that seem to be "okay" with destroying literally everything are the Fallen. Do you really want me to answer your question about having seen it happen?"

The Nephanda said then she looked confused. "What did not work? It seams to me I confused that spirit just as intended I never meant to permanently hurt it that would be pointless and far beyond my abilities."

He raised an eyebrow. "Confusing it seems a pointless endeavor..." he retorted, storing away the potential extent of her ability to work with spirit.

"I guess it don't matter if I tell you Traditionalist. I was offered power, the thing was the Nephandus who approached me just did not fit the kicking grandmothers down the stairs just because it is Monday stereotype my Mentor warned me about, sure he had a rather ark outlook on life but he was normal you know, wearing normal clothes, he was not drenched in puppy guts, he enjoyed watching TV shows in his spare time, said thank you and please to the waitress at the cafe we me in, he seamed normal and he offered me chances to study which was so much grater than what I had available in my so called Chantry which was just really five Awakened just out of collage kids who had decided to rent a place together and register it with the local Tribunal as a Chantry. I was offered instruction, access to libraries, laboratories, and I went for it."

"Power in one life only and even that, tainted...and in trade your eternal avatar suffers. Your first mentor would weep." He sighed. "And of your friends?"

"I understand his views now..the ones the man who recruited me talked about."

"Only after going through a caul and having your entire self torn apart, your avatar rent and hollowed, in a process of unbirthing so terrible that the lucky die and even your own kind do not talk about it amongst themselves if they should return."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:25 pm

"I think you're asking a rhetorical question. The ones that seem to be "okay" with destroying literally everything are the Fallen. Do you really want me to answer your question about having seen it happen?"

"Yes we wish to destroy reality, I am not claiming I am some innocent lamb but are you ok with taking part of sending someone to that ritual no matter who they are or what they stand for?"
Sierra challenged then she looked down and shivered.
"No...I guess I do not want you to answer...that..."
She muttered sounding uneasy.

He raised an eyebrow. "Confusing it seems a pointless endeavor..." he retorted, storing away the potential extent of her ability to work with spirit.

"It was not pointless, but more than that I am not willing to say."
The Nephanda said and shook her head.

"Power in one life only and even that, tainted...and in trade your eternal avatar suffers. Your first mentor would weep." He sighed. "And of your friends?"

"I...suspect he would if he finds out what happened to me...what I did."
Sierra said and she sounded regretful.
"As for my Cabal I...left them I think some of them suspected I had changed side, I...ehm let us change the topic, and I am sure my Avatar is fine he have to be right he still talks to me..."

"Only after going through a caul and having your entire self torn apart, your avatar rent and hollowed, in a process of unbirthing so terrible that the lucky die and even your own kind do not talk about it amongst themselves if they should return."

Sierra had turned pale and had stopped walking she shook her head several times.
"Stop...I do not want to talk about the Caul...I do not want to talk about it!"
She yelled years welling up in her eyes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:43 pm

"Yes we wish to destroy reality, I am not claiming I am some innocent lamb but are you ok with taking part of sending someone to that ritual no matter who they are or what they stand for?" Sierra challenged then she looked down and shivered. "No...I guess I do not want you to answer...that..." She muttered sounding uneasy.

"Despite what you might think I'm not attempting to terrorize you."

"It was not pointless, but more than that I am not willing to say." The Nephanda said and shook her head.

"Cooperation is the better option, you know."

"I...suspect he would if he finds out what happened to me...what I did." Sierra said and she sounded regretful. "As for my Cabal I...left them I think some of them suspected I had changed side, I...ehm let us change the topic, and I am sure my Avatar is fine he have to be right he still talks to me..."

"But what he says is different now, whatever form he takes to converse with you. The things he wants are different, and not in a good way...don't you find you have some new impulses, some that perhaps you may not have had before, that you question now? What is the point of power over a universe you intend to destroy? That goal's end would mean you have no power, because there is nothing, and end up less than before."

Sierra had turned pale and had stopped walking she shook her head several times. "Stop...I do not want to talk about the Caul...I do not want to talk about it!" She yelled years welling up in her eyes.

He sighed. "Of course you don't...because it was terrible. Very well, let us continue, shall we?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:59 pm

"Despite what you might think I'm not attempting to terrorize you."

Sierra did not look like she believed that you where not trying to terrorize her and she gave you a scared, sullen look.

"Cooperation is the better option, you know."

"How is that a better option for me? Will it get your group to let me go? Get them to not Gilgul me? How exactly would betraying my own Labyrinth in any way be a better option for me? I am sure it is a better option for you but it is not for me, I am sure you are going to torture me, but I am not going to give you bastards anything"
The Nephanda growled at you, she was scared and hid under anger and bravado.

"But what he says is different now, whatever form he takes to converse with you. The things he wants are different, and not in a good way...don't you find you have some new impulses, some that perhaps you may not have had before, that you question now? What is the point of power over a universe you intend to destroy? That goal's end would mean you have no power, because there is nothing, and end up less than before."

"He do say different things yes...but I...well he is happy is he not he do not seam unhappy..."
Sierra muttered a bit uncertain.
"I guess I am going to have to enjoy my magick and power until the universe ends then, for this world have to go."
She muttered.
"Not that I expect you to understand that Traditionalist but it just have to and yes I have some...urges now, and they are disturbing but they are a small price to pay to see the truth."
She said in a tone of voice as if she was trying to convince herself rather than you.
"They are a small price to pay."

He sighed. "Of course you don't...because it was terrible. Very well, let us continue, shall we?"

"O...ok..."
The Nephanda said and she begun to shuffle along again but she still looked rather shook up at being reminded of the Caul and she twisted her hands a little in her bonds, none of the Barrabi you had met seamed very fond of the memories from that hellish initiation.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:13 pm

"That do sound like a most unpleasant thing to go around and believe, but yes as you are so insistent Sir I will ask Dr Wong about why reality are harsher on the Fallen than the rest of the Awakened."
Mona said patiently.
Colin nodded with a frown, "Paradox backlashes so bad one grows new... organs, it's certainly worth investigating from both a magical and medical perspective..."

Kyle paled considerably.
"So she was...that which might still happen to me..."
He whispered and he could not stop himself from shivering he reached down to his foot and winced the sudden panic he was feeling making every part of his body more sensitive.
"I...I guess she is...glad that...part of her survived..."
He whispered.
He nodded, "She was... and subsequently executed painlessly. As for you, no, I'm quite certain you'll avoid that fate. You'll get an excellent lawyer, and you've got precedent on your side, remember? And that part of her... lives on as part of me, for as long as I'm around."

"I will since I am not going to use exactly the same point to avoid the risk of injuring him...hum...but yes that makes me think that perhaps it would be a good idea to apply some anesthetic cream to where I will be working right now giving it time to work and he will feel less to the anesthetic."
Richard said and Mona handed him a little white tube.
"I have some ready, until we knew how bad the boy's veins was I thought it would have made the IV easier on him."
She commented. Richard nodded.
"Thank you Mona."
He nodded.

"A mage therapist might be a good idea yes to avoid issues with the Law of Shade, do this person live here in Boston and where can I contact him or her and I will speak with my Mentor about it."
Richard said and nodded.
He nodded, "She should be in Boston; she's Freddy's regular therapist, so that certainly indicates a local office."

"He did seam quite enthusiastic yes but also kindhearted he got Kyle's mind of the serum and managed to get him into a far better mood, I do hope he will get to keep his youthful spirit yes there is something innocent about Mr Yager."
He grinned wryly, "I am part amused and worried about any interaction between him and Deaconess O'Connor, actually - they both seem to thrive in a world slightly off-axis to our own. The outcome of their discussing magic could be either glorious or terrifyingly alien... Probably the former, though."

((OOC: Mana, mana, doo doo, doo doo doo... ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top