Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Warpmind on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:46 pm

"Nope...my mother was sure I would get autism or something and it is so hard to figure out what I should get as an adult there is nothing online about it and I do not really have health insurance so just going to a doctor saying I was never vaccinated as a kid and for them just to start a program just gets to expensive, and with the bloody doctor on our payroll he do not really do routine things like that. I guess I could have asked Jace, before he died but our Labyrinths do not really see eye to eye on most matters. I get the flu shot each year but other than that no not really."
Sierra said and sigh.
"Most diseases can be fixed with magick off course but I do have health problems and I have at least some Jhor so I am in danger for illnesses but I guess it is what it is."
Colin sighed, "For what it's worth, on behalf of Britain, I apologize for that bloody scammer Wakefield... His paper should never have been published int he first place."

"So he is I guess and no he is not happy, he have not been happy since before I Fell."
Sierra said sadly.
"But at least I would be alive right and he will loose me sooner or later anyway."
He smiled thinly, "Well, if we can tweak the timeline just enough, he could be happy again, and you won't have to part ways for, well, a full lifetime. I will do what I can."

Steelhaven Hall, Now:
"You are making me more and more concerned about this mission of yours Mr Wainwright."
Narim said wryly.
He grimaced, "I think it's because a pretty large part of me is terrified. I know where I'm going; I've been there before in the future... and it's nowhere anyone would want to go."

A bright blue and orange icon found it's way into the apps list on your phone. Narim nodded.
"You do that and I can create a permanent version for you Mr Wainwright though I will have to ask then that you pay me back the Tass spent on it. As for this app now it should work out to and including the Middle Umbra but not across the Horizon I do not have the skill for that."
He nodded, "That should reach far enough, I think... hm, earning the Tass might take a little while - I've easily managed to procure at least fifty-some drams of really, really dirty Tass over the past couple of days, and spent it about as quickly, but even if I got more, I doubt you would want it - and Chief Morgan would not approve, either. As for getting a signal to and from Horizon, I suspect there's a suitable mobile network there... though the long-distance calls back to Earth are probably not cheap. Or even particularly reliable."

"Ehm...yes certainly I can see what I can find out what Tradition are the Adeptus Major of?"
Narim said as he made a quick note of the request on his computer.
He scratched his head, "Ehhh, that I don't know... It was from a future chat with our latest captive. It gets complicated, but I'd like to make sure that her Mentor is where she thinks he is. She'll want him to learn before he can find out through the grapevine or regular newsletters..."

"Good day Mr Wainwright and good luck."
Narim said as you went out of his office.
He nodded, "Thank you... and good luck to you, keeping everyone safe."

When you got to your apartment you heard the sound of Jareth playing with something on the floor, something that when clanging across the floor at regular intervals.
He sighed softly, looking around for the guards, "Sounds like the saucepan lid..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:11 pm

Anja's Post:
"You where not alive at the time Ma'am, I was, and it was not stupid, newspapers where full of anti Semitic rhetoric, and the general population in Germany did not see what happened as evil, not the rest of the world either, some did, but most thought getting rid of the Jews where a good thing. The thing is sure more tanks and planes would be nice but if the people was not behind a war then things fall apart. Look at it this way quite a few times with witch hunts they have been used to gather the people against a common enemy, real or imagined. American schools present the victory over Germany as a done deal but it was not, we where damned lucky to win their tactics where sound, and besides without gathering around a common enemy it is doubtful that depressed, warn thorn Germany would have ever accepted another conflict or had the ability to fight one."
The older Etherite said you saw the airport coming up to the left and he pointed to the glove compartment.
"But now we are close to the Umbral Docks, there you will find a somewhat modified flashlight would you terribly mind grabbing it for me dear madam?"

'There's quite a gap between "not liking Jews" and wanting them to all go up in smoke.' Nicole replied stubbornly. 'And I'm not stupid neither; know the War was won because of the Red Army, not us. Which goes back to "strategic stupidity"; picking a fight with another when your original enemy is still standing.'

On the older Scientist's request, Nicole opened the compartment to get the item.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:19 pm

Colin:

Horizon Near Future:

Colin sighed, "For what it's worth, on behalf of Britain, I apologize for that bloody scammer Wakefield... His paper should never have been published int he first place."

"Yeah the man is an idiot, and I mean I have nothing against nature therapy fuck I am a mage, well Enlightened Scientist but same shit and most such therapies are in effect hedge magic and they are effective but one should not ignore school medicine either. Well if I survive perhaps I will eventually getting around to getting myself immunized."
Sierra said and sigh.

He smiled thinly, "Well, if we can tweak the timeline just enough, he could be happy again, and you won't have to part ways for, well, a full lifetime. I will do what I can."

"I can not say I believe that is possible yet but sure we will see what the future...ehm past...well now I have a headache as well...brings."
The Nephanda said wryly.

Steelhaven Now:

He grimaced, "I think it's because a pretty large part of me is terrified. I know where I'm going; I've been there before in the future... and it's nowhere anyone would want to go."

"That do not sound to good Mr Wainwright I do hope you will return from this place alive an unharmed."
Narim said and frowned.

He nodded, "That should reach far enough, I think... hm, earning the Tass might take a little while - I've easily managed to procure at least fifty-some drams of really, really dirty Tass over the past couple of days, and spent it about as quickly, but even if I got more, I doubt you would want it - and Chief Morgan would not approve, either.

"Well I do not really want to enter Jhor so no I think I will have to pass on that however just let me know when and if you want me to create that enchantment for you, I recon it will be about tree drams to create a permanent app to let your phone work in the Umbra."
The Virtual Adept said and he scratched his head a bit.

As for getting a signal to and from Horizon, I suspect there's a suitable mobile network there... though the long-distance calls back to Earth are probably not cheap. Or even particularly reliable."

"On Horizon the app might not work due to their wards, but near it should should be able to call home, I was talking about the Horizon the thing that our capitol is named after, you have the Gauntlet that separate the physical world from the Umbra and beyond that at the end of the Middle Umbra you have a second barrier, a second Gauntlet that separate the Middle and Deep Umbra, my app will not work in the Deep Umbra. On Horizon itself though yes there are ways to call home as it where but no they are not to cheap no." The Virtual Adept explained.

He scratched his head, "Ehhh, that I don't know... It was from a future chat with our latest captive. It gets complicated, but I'd like to make sure that her Mentor is where she thinks he is. She'll want him to learn before he can find out through the grapevine or regular newsletters..."

Narim nodded at that.
"I will do what I can to find out where this man is then Mr Wainwright."
He said.

He nodded, "Thank you... and good luck to you, keeping everyone safe."

"I will do my best Mr Wainwright."
The Technomancer said then he hesitated.
"One thing Mr Wainwright...when you return safely...and things have calmed around enough to think about personal issues would you might having a few words with me I have...an ethical problem and you have a reputation for being the man to talk with about that around here..."
He said a bit hesitantly and scratched his head.

He sighed softly, looking around for the guards, "Sounds like the saucepan lid..."

Hildegard where patrolling the second floor hallway and she gave you a bit of a smile and nodded.
"It could be Mr Wainwright, or a metal spatula it seams your new friend enjoy a bit of mischief."
The Chorister said and smiled.

Nicole:

'There's quite a gap between "not liking Jews" and wanting them to all go up in smoke.' Nicole replied stubbornly. 'And I'm not stupid neither; know the War was won because of the Red Army, not us. Which goes back to "strategic stupidity"; picking a fight with another when your original enemy is still standing.'

"If you read the rhetoric in the newspapers at the time it went far beyond not liking and many places there where cheering in the streets when the Jews where arrested shamefully enough when someone have been branded as an other human kind can be quite bloodthirsty."
Rodger said and sigh.
"Hitler won popularity because he boosted the German national pride, created jobs and set up an enemy to hate. As for picking a fight on several fronts well, it was unfortunate for them but hard to avoid once they started trying to conquer Europe, and even so while they lost they could have won if things had just gone a little bit differently so fate was not in their favor but their tactics for the most part worked fairly well."

On the older Scientist's request, Nicole opened the compartment to get the item.

You found an old fashioned flashlight with a multitude of wires added to it that went in and out of it in odd places and several switches added.
"Ah beautiful thank you dear madam, now if you would just turn those two green switches and aim the beam that that window there I would be much obliged."
Rodger said and he pointed to the back window of a car rental near the airport.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:00 pm

Nicole gave a puzzled frown at this argument; as though mentally disagreeing but unwilling or unable to counter it. So she picked up the flashlight and did as indicated.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:26 pm

"Exactly...hum I think you might be able to make this trap soon kid, just look up the rune alphabet you want to use online and create the phrase from there, make the drawing and hand it on your wall and enchant it regularly and you have yourself some non lethal way to protect your room."
The Hagalaz said and grinned clearly finding the discussion interesting.

"That would be awesome. Having my own trapped room to protect my things." Serge said thoroughly enjoying the idea.

Helga did not smile, from the look in her eyes there was something broken in her, and there was a long time since she had truly smiled.
"My room is 202 so if you need anything just drop by and ask."
She said flatly.

"T-thanks. I'll remember that." Serge said, slightly disturbed by the look in her eyes. Their was a story behind those eyes which Serge wanted to know....but not today.

There was no one in the cafeteria when you got up there, though someone had put on a pot of coffee which would be done soon and they would probably get back to shortly, that someone was most likely not Liv Bergen though as most ten year olds where not that fond of coffee.

"The cafeteria is empty? Huh....guess everyone has already eaten." Serge said talking to himself.

"So let's see, if I were a 10-year girl who couldn't speak any english...where would I go?" Serge said pacing around the empty room pretending to be a detective.

"I'd probably be with people who I could talk to. So Jane......or any of the other Hermetics who could speak latin....wow that narrowed it down." Serge said sarcastically as he realized that trying to find someone in the large chantry was going to be difficult.

"I could ask Narim. He'd probably know. But it makes me look creepy if I ask for the location of a young girl." Serge said starting to look crazier the more he continued having a conversation with himself.

"Or I could just sit here and do nothing.....Well....Narim it is then! Who knows I might find her on the way." Serge said as he decided on his next course of action and walking in the direction of the Technomancer's room.

(OOC: Could Serge research the necessary rune alphabets on his phone? And if he can would it require a roll?)
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:29 pm

Horizon, Near Future:
"Yeah the man is an idiot, and I mean I have nothing against nature therapy fuck I am a mage, well Enlightened Scientist but same shit and most such therapies are in effect hedge magic and they are effective but one should not ignore school medicine either. Well if I survive perhaps I will eventually getting around to getting myself immunized."
Sierra said and sigh.
A dark glow flickered in Colin's eyes, "Oh, it's bloody worse than that - if he'd been a naturopath, I could have at least acknowledged his beliefs, right or wrong, but the man's a fraud, a quack, and he wrote that bloody paper to discredit the MMR vaccine in favour of his own competing version. Hum, I'll be needing to get my Chantry properly immunized back then, I could offer to get you covered by the same... My apprentice is compromised and fears needles; not a good combination when she has a weak heart as well..."

"I can not say I believe that is possible yet but sure we will see what the future...ehm past...well now I have a headache as well...brings."
The Nephanda said wryly.
He smiled sadly, "It is a long shot, but we can try... and I'm sorry for the headache."

Steelhaven Hall, Now:
"That do not sound to good Mr Wainwright I do hope you will return from this place alive an unharmed."
Narim said and frowned.
He nodded, "I have many very good reasons to come back unscathed, my apprentice one of the most important ones."

"Well I do not really want to enter Jhor so no I think I will have to pass on that however just let me know when and if you want me to create that enchantment for you, I recon it will be about tree drams to create a permanent app to let your phone work in the Umbra."
The Virtual Adept said and he scratched his head a bit.
He smiled thinly, "Jhor is honestly not a big concern, if I can teach you the Rote I developed precisely for dealing with corrupt Quintessence - I managed to explain it to Master Harris in Chicago, and I should expect the same explanation to work smoothly for you, as well. In any case, that Rote should be printed in the Paradigma soon enough, I believe - just need to get it properly filed and registered before general dissemination. Of course, I'd be more worried about Resonance bleed from long-term storage... And, of course, the fact that Chief Morgan doesn't want the filth within the Chantry walls."

"On Horizon the app might not work due to their wards, but near it should should be able to call home, I was talking about the Horizon the thing that our capitol is named after, you have the Gauntlet that separate the physical world from the Umbra and beyond that at the end of the Middle Umbra you have a second barrier, a second Gauntlet that separate the Middle and Deep Umbra, my app will not work in the Deep Umbra. On Horizon itself though yes there are ways to call home as it where but no they are not to cheap no." The Virtual Adept explained.
He nodded, "Ah, I have a lot to learn of the layers of the Umbra still..."

Narim nodded at that.
"I will do what I can to find out where this man is then Mr Wainwright."
He said.
He nodded, "Hum, she did refer to herself as an enlightened scientist - that might narrow it down a little. I think I've heard the phrase before, but I can't quite place it..."

"I will do my best Mr Wainwright."
The Technomancer said then he hesitated.
"One thing Mr Wainwright...when you return safely...and things have calmed around enough to think about personal issues would you might having a few words with me I have...an ethical problem and you have a reputation for being the man to talk with about that around here..."
He said a bit hesitantly and scratched his head.
He arched an eyebrow, "I'd be honoured, Sir. If I can be of help, I'd be glad to."

Hildegard where patrolling the second floor hallway and she gave you a bit of a smile and nodded.
"It could be Mr Wainwright, or a metal spatula it seams your new friend enjoy a bit of mischief."
The Chorister said and smiled.
He pondered, "Maybe a ladle. I don't have a metal spatula; non-stick frying pan - metal tools are not a good idea with those. Hum, has Mrs. Knox visited yet, and left my key with you?"

((OOC: While I'm not the Storyteller, I'd assume superficial research into the runic alphabets should be easy enough from the phone. I mean, Google and Wikipedia work fine, even in the World of Darkness. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:02 pm

Jeffry nodded and he went with you to the basement, you met Antonio on the way up from the magickal section with freshly enchanted parchments in hand and he bowed to your Mentor as he passed him and gave you a small nod of his head, Jeffry nodded to the Scribe then he led the way into one of the smaller ritual chambers.

Adley did not try to increase his speed much from before he had taken the tea, he had to try to keep in mind that he was injured and he might need his speed later. He didn't dwadle but pushing himself now would be a bad idea. He nodded back to Antionio as he passed and headed into one of the rooms with is pater.

"Would you mind clearing the space of the Resonance of the last person who used this chamber while I set things up mea filius?"The old Hermetic asked as he went to light two candles at the stone altar in on end of the room.

He nodded, closing the door behind him out of habit. At least they were going to work from one room, rather than top-up everything during a walkabout, as Beatrice had done in her frantic need to cast spells before...he shook his head. Not the best time to think of that. He tried to clear his head and walked a circle, station to station by quarter, and then began the process of trying to flush the prior resonance away from the space, clearing it out in the way he had been trained to do.

// lol, re: Nokias xD

ooc2: prime rote: 4, 6, 1 - ah shoot, are they close to the node? > .<
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:41 pm

Nicole:

Nicole gave a puzzled frown at this argument; as though mentally disagreeing but unwilling or unable to counter it. So she picked up the flashlight and did as indicated.

The light from the flashlight looked a little off, it was light, it was yellow but it was odd. You shone it on the window in question and Rodger just drove towards it, just straight at the large shop window but just before you thought you would go through the window and collide with a well used blue Audi that stood on display at the rental shop, there was a odd feeling, like passing through the surface of water and you where on a large paring lot, the sun shone down from above, to one side there was grassy fields, several ships stood on these fields, you saw a large very functional looking one, a typical science fiction spaceship and a frigate. A litter further down there was a large hangar hall just where the airport building where located and beyond it several smaller hangars. In front of the large building there was a street with several shopping stands offering refreshments, people where rushing to and from and the place seamed rather busy.
"Well then collages here we are."
Rodger said as he stepped out of the car.

Serge:

"That would be awesome. Having my own trapped room to protect my things." Serge said thoroughly enjoying the idea.

"Indeed and then if there is and intruder hopefully they will be transfixed by the drawing until you can call for security to arrest them."
Ulv said and nodded.

"T-thanks. I'll remember that." Serge said, slightly disturbed by the look in her eyes. Their was a story behind those eyes which Serge wanted to know....but not today.

Helga just nodded at that.

"Or I could just sit here and do nothing.....Well....Narim it is then! Who knows I might find her on the way." Serge said as he decided on his next course of action and walking in the direction of the Technomancer's room.

You got up the stairs to Narim's room and knocked on the door. Soon you heard the Virtual Adept reply.
"Yes please come in."
You saw Colin a little way down the hall speaking with the elderly Chorister you had seen during the fight.

Colin Horizon Near Future:

A dark glow flickered in Colin's eyes, "Oh, it's bloody worse than that - if he'd been a naturopath, I could have at least acknowledged his beliefs, right or wrong, but the man's a fraud, a quack, and he wrote that bloody paper to discredit the MMR vaccine in favour of his own competing version. Hum, I'll be needing to get my Chantry properly immunized back then, I could offer to get you covered by the same... My apprentice is compromised and fears needles; not a good combination when she has a weak heart as well..."

"I...would appreciate that Mr Wainwright."
Sierra said and she gave you a slight smile.
"Getting it done would make me feel safer. I did not know why the man you mentioned wrote what he wrote though but from what you describe he almost sound like someone influenced by our side throwing kids under the bus for profit gets the Nephandi approval reward."
She said and grimaced.
"No your apprentice's situation sounds bad, poor kid I hope she will be okey she is a little sweetie."

He smiled sadly, "It is a long shot, but we can try... and I'm sorry for the headache."

"Yeah we can try I guess."
She muttered and glanced at you.
"Well headaches happen when time sort of gets chaotic."
She muttered wryly.

Steelhaven Now:

He nodded, "I have many very good reasons to come back unscathed, my apprentice one of the most important ones."

"Ah yes you mentioned you had gotten an early promotion and where going to take a student, congratulations Mr Wainwright, I am in process of Awakening a young woman myself."
He said then he frowned.
"Though at times I think it is wrong to introduce her to this war of our no matter how wonderful our abilities might be."

He smiled thinly, "Jhor is honestly not a big concern, if I can teach you the Rote I developed precisely for dealing with corrupt Quintessence - I managed to explain it to Master Harris in Chicago, and I should expect the same explanation to work smoothly for you, as well. In any case, that Rote should be printed in the Paradigma soon enough, I believe - just need to get it properly filed and registered before general dissemination. Of course, I'd be more worried about Resonance bleed from long-term storage... And, of course, the fact that Chief Morgan doesn't want the filth within the Chantry walls."

"Making Chief Morgan unhappy is never a good idea his punishments are always educational."
Narim said and grinned.
"I look forward to reading about this rote though it sounds very useful if heavily Resonated Quintessence can be used safely that would be a great boon for us all."

He nodded, "Ah, I have a lot to learn of the layers of the Umbra still..."

"I have a map of the layers somewhere...I can see if I find it and give you a copy Mr Wainwright."
The Technomancer offered.

He nodded, "Hum, she did refer to herself as an enlightened scientist - that might narrow it down a little. I think I've heard the phrase before, but I can't quite place it..."

"A Technomancer then hum...my own Tradition do not often use that phrase so an Etherite perhaps. I can start my search there at least."
Narim said and nodded.

He arched an eyebrow, "I'd be honoured, Sir. If I can be of help, I'd be glad to."

"I...appreciate it Mr Wainwright I...well when you return then and have had a chance to rest?"
Narim asked still looking a bit nervous about it.

He pondered, "Maybe a ladle. I don't have a metal spatula; non-stick frying pan - metal tools are not a good idea with those. Hum, has Mrs. Knox visited yet, and left my key with you?"

"Hum...ah yes off course I prefer iron frying pans myself, I like the taste of the food better when cooked in one or perhaps that is just my mind playing tricks on me."
Hildegard said then she nodded and handed you the keys.
"Indeed she have, here you go Mr Wainwright."

Adley:

He nodded, closing the door behind him out of habit. At least they were going to work from one room, rather than top-up everything during a walkabout, as Beatrice had done in her frantic need to cast spells before...he shook his head. Not the best time to think of that. He tried to clear his head and walked a circle, station to station by quarter, and then began the process of trying to flush the prior resonance away from the space, clearing it out in the way he had been trained to do.

Thoughts of Beatrice's desperation when she thought she would be Gilgulled and would loose her magick so she would use it as much as she could before then, working herself to the bone to ward the windows disturbed your concentration and your spell turned out rather weak, you would need to focus better and continue to flush those Resonances out, but at least you saw the Resonances there and you got the Quarter Guardians called so you where ready to continue the working even if your magick nearly flew out of your control.

(OOC: The Node is just a few doors down so that is one success not quite enough but enough to keep the rote going and get it started.)

(OOC 2: Yeah Serge can just goodle it and he will find a ton of information on rune alphabets google in WoD words like in our world only that the Technocracy and Clan Giovanni is spying on your searches. Razz )

(OOC 3: I will try to get the new thread up tomorrow I did not have the time today since I went to see the thought field therapist, I still think that would be a good foci for Mind, which really is exactly what it is since the principle is energy manipulation since allot of medical professionals do it they do not call it that but really it is a form of magic.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:39 pm

Horizon, Near Future:
"I...would appreciate that Mr Wainwright."
Sierra said and she gave you a slight smile.
"Getting it done would make me feel safer. I did not know why the man you mentioned wrote what he wrote though but from what you describe he almost sound like someone influenced by our side throwing kids under the bus for profit gets the Nephandi approval reward."
She said and grimaced.
"No your apprentice's situation sounds bad, poor kid I hope she will be okey she is a little sweetie."
Colin frowned, "The thought of his association has occurred to me, as well... but, I have no proof. Getting proof of it would be a sweet Christmas present, though..."
He smiled thinly, "And Anna is a little sweetie... She was when she first saw me, when she was a toddler and thought I was Hephaestus, and she was quite the enthusiastic sweetie when I first saw her, only a couple of days before your path crossed ours. We met a little bit out of sync, as it were..."

Steelhaven Hall, Now:
"Ah yes you mentioned you had gotten an early promotion and where going to take a student, congratulations Mr Wainwright, I am in process of Awakening a young woman myself."
He said then he frowned.
"Though at times I think it is wrong to introduce her to this war of our no matter how wonderful our abilities might be."
He smiled, "Perhaps it seems wrong to introduce her to this war - but on the other hand, if she is ready to Awaken in any case, she likely will anyway, with or without your guidance. And without your help, she might end up with one of the other factions instead, and that would be a great loss. As for Anna, she is precious, and I've learned who she was... I'll tell you later, when we are safe from eavesdropping."

"Making Chief Morgan unhappy is never a good idea his punishments are always educational."
Narim said and grinned.
"I look forward to reading about this rote though it sounds very useful if heavily Resonated Quintessence can be used safely that would be a great boon for us all."
He grinned, "Oh, believe me, there is no 'if' about the function of the Rote. I've used over fifty drams of the most horrid, corrupted Tass over the past couple of days, without even catching the slightest trace of lingering Resonance from it - it works perfectly."

"I have a map of the layers somewhere...I can see if I find it and give you a copy Mr Wainwright."
The Technomancer offered.
He nodded, "No rush, Sir - I have plenty of concerns that need to take priority over multidimensional cartography."

"A Technomancer then hum...my own Tradition do not often use that phrase so an Etherite perhaps. I can start my search there at least."
Narim said and nodded.
He nodded, "Seems a likely candidate."

"I...appreciate it Mr Wainwright I...well when you return then and have had a chance to rest?"
Narim asked still looking a bit nervous about it.
He arched the other eyebrow, "Pardon me for saying so, Sir, but you seem as nervous as a long-tailed cat at a rocking chair sale. Is it that worrying?"

"Hum...ah yes off course I prefer iron frying pans myself, I like the taste of the food better when cooked in one or perhaps that is just my mind playing tricks on me."
Hildegard said then she nodded and handed you the keys.
"Indeed she have, here you go Mr Wainwright."
He smiled, accepting the key ring, "Perhaps it is your mind playing a little trick on you, perhaps there's a hint of iron particles that you barely register... but i find that the butter or cooking oil used has a far greater impact on flavour than the material of the frying pan. I hope Mrs. Knox seemed pleased when she left?"
He unlocked the door and swung it smoothly open with a wry smile, "Am I going to have to be stern with you now, Jareth? Have you been a naughty boy in my kitchen again?"

((OOC: I'd think the Glasswalkers would be snooping on such searches, as well. You know, the urban Werewolves? Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:43 am

He stood a bit longer as he came around to where he'd started out again, tried first to clear out his head before having another go around. It was hard not to just feel frustrated and impatient but he tried to see it as if he were talking to someone else that had gone through half of the shit that he and his friends and loved ones had. He let the wash of sadness regarding his sister fade and then started again...

// better than the botch it could have been, so just a fail/near fail then - same spell, again: 9,2,3

// Nosferatu would probably be snooping too!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:55 am

"Indeed and then if there is and intruder hopefully they will be transfixed by the drawing until you can call for security to arrest them."
Ulv said and nodded.

"Yeah. Too bad I don't have much stuff to protect. Doubt any intruder will ever come into my room." Serge said with a chuckle.

"I actually had a different idea for my room. I wanted to cover it in drawings of different cartoon characters and cast a spell that makes it seem like they're move around the walls. Imagine walking into a room and seeing the coyote chasing the roadrunner while bugs bunny is just sitting to the side munching on a carrot." Serge said with a smile.

"It serves no practical purpose but it would make a room much cooler to enter into." Serge said as an afterthought.

You got up the stairs to Narim's room and knocked on the door. Soon you heard the Virtual Adept reply.
"Yes please come in."
You saw Colin a little way down the hall speaking with the elderly Chorister you had seen during the fight.

Serge saw Mr.Wainwright and Jane's mentor down the hall and wanted to go say hi to them before Narim called him inside.

He walked into the Virtual Adept room and said, "Hey Narim, sorry to bother you. I kinda wanted to ask you something."

(OOC: Great so incestuous vampires, ugly vampires, urban werewolves, and men in black wannabes are all spying on Serge's internet history  Shocked ......Who knew Serge was so special  Razz)
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:05 am

Colin frowned, "The thought of his association has occurred to me, as well... but, I have no proof. Getting proof of it would be a sweet Christmas present, though..."

"Unfortunately we have no archive of members that I know of so finding out can be hard but this kind of shit is stuff we love to pull so my money is that the man is a low level Nephandus or a pawn and that whoever owns him are patting themselves on the back real good over this guy."
Sierra grumbled.

He smiled thinly, "And Anna is a little sweetie... She was when she first saw me, when she was a toddler and thought I was Hephaestus, and she was quite the enthusiastic sweetie when I first saw her, only a couple of days before your path crossed ours. We met a little bit out of sync, as it were..."

"Who is Hepha who? And why would she think you where this person?"
The Nephanda asked and she looked confused.
"Again your sense of time is hurting my head and I am not sure if it is a kind of cool thing or really disturbing, but in either case I hope Anna will be ok...she will not be sentenced to anything bad will she? I mean she is on trial."

Steelhaven Now:

He smiled, "Perhaps it seems wrong to introduce her to this war - but on the other hand, if she is ready to Awaken in any case, she likely will anyway, with or without your guidance. And without your help, she might end up with one of the other factions instead, and that would be a great loss.

"My future apprentice is ready to Awaken now yes but she was not when I met her. One can Awaken spontaneously like we both did or one can be led to Awakening by another mage, it is doubtful she would have Awakened on her own, but she is just so talented...I just hope she will be happy as a mage given all that entails."
Narim said and he looks concerned.

As for Anna, she is precious, and I've learned who she was... I'll tell you later, when we are safe from eavesdropping."

"Off course she is. I knew there would be some reason why the Deacon Council where asked if she should be allowed to stay at Steelhaven. Very well then I will hear the rest later when we are safe from prying eyes and ears."
Narim said and he smiled warmly.

He grinned, "Oh, believe me, there is no 'if' about the function of the Rote. I've used over fifty drams of the most horrid, corrupted Tass over the past couple of days, without even catching the slightest trace of lingering Resonance from it - it works perfectly."

"Oh my that is impressive."
The Virtual Adept said and his eyes widened a bit.
"How on earth did you come up with it Mr Wainwright?"

He nodded, "No rush, Sir - I have plenty of concerns that need to take priority over multidimensional cartography."

"Very well, I will make a copy of it and hand it to you when I happen to find it again then, or use magick to find it, I tend to be good at knowing exactly where things are."
Narim said and he grinned a little.

He nodded, "Seems a likely candidate."

The Virtual Adept just nodded at that.

He arched the other eyebrow, "Pardon me for saying so, Sir, but you seem as nervous as a long-tailed cat at a rocking chair sale. Is it that worrying?"

"It is sort of I mean I have never really been in this situation before I em...well I..."
Narim scratched his dark hair.
"You see Mr Wainwright I like someone at the Chantry, I mean I like everyone at the Chantry but I mean like like someone and I think this person might like me a little as well and I mean I..."
He look a deep breath and looked at you.
"The problem only being that I am one of the Deacons of this Chantry and one day I will be it's Deacon Primus and I ehm is it really ethical for me to pursue a relationship with a member of a Chantry I am a Deacon of? But I really like this person and I...I...I am making a mess of explaining things am I not?"
Narim said and he blushed and sigh.
"And I mean it is such a trivial matter given our current troubles I am sorry for bringing it up."

He smiled, accepting the key ring, "Perhaps it is your mind playing a little trick on you, perhaps there's a hint of iron particles that you barely register... but i find that the butter or cooking oil used has a far greater impact on flavour than the material of the frying pan.

Hildegard smiled a little.
"Perhaps it is just memories of seeing my own mother cook with a iron frying pan or yes perhaps it is because with one of those I need to use butter to fry me and Jane's morning eggs or perhaps I am a silly old woman."

I hope Mrs. Knox seemed pleased when she left?"

"I did not speak with her long Mr Wainwright but she seamed to be so yes."
Hildegard said and nodded.

He unlocked the door and swung it smoothly open with a wry smile, "Am I going to have to be stern with you now, Jareth? Have you been a naughty boy in my kitchen again?"

Jareth was on the floor, so was the lid from one of your butter pans and he where having fun kicking it around the kitchen floor and trying to take of with it only to drop it back down on the floor when he found it to be to heavy. The owl looked up at you and flapped his wings and hooted happily when he saw you, clearly pleased with his new toy.

Adley:

He stood a bit longer as he came around to where he'd started out again, tried first to clear out his head before having another go around. It was hard not to just feel frustrated and impatient but he tried to see it as if he were talking to someone else that had gone through half of the shit that he and his friends and loved ones had. He let the wash of sadness regarding his sister fade and then started again...

You could feel the magick working this time and you banished the residues from other spellwork done in this room in the name of the Quarter Guardians, you could feel your Avatar standing next to you as you worked, her being the symbol of your authority to demand your words be heard. After your short ritual the room felt just fresh, it felt like a room did after a physical scrubbing down. Jeffry looked at you and nodded.
"Very well we are ready to begin, I prefer using newer hand gestures but if you prefer the older ones mea filius I can work with them as well."
Your Mentor said, he had light candles on the altar and a censer with some sharp smelling incense blend.

Serge:

"Yeah. Too bad I don't have much stuff to protect. Doubt any intruder will ever come into my room." Serge said with a chuckle.

"Let us hope not but it is better to be safe than sorry Mr Yager that is what I always say."
Ulv said and smiled.

"I actually had a different idea for my room. I wanted to cover it in drawings of different cartoon characters and cast a spell that makes it seem like they're move around the walls. Imagine walking into a room and seeing the coyote chasing the roadrunner while bugs bunny is just sitting to the side munching on a carrot." Serge said with a smile.

"It serves no practical purpose but it would make a room much cooler to enter into." Serge said as an afterthought.

The Hagalaz smiled warmly.
"That would be a cool room actually. I have always enjoyed cartoons there is something innocent about them, I think that would be a great project for your room."
He agreed.

Serge saw Mr.Wainwright and Jane's mentor down the hall and wanted to go say hi to them before Narim called him inside.

Hildegard noticed you standing outside Narim's office and she gave you a polite nod as she stood talking with Colin.

He walked into the Virtual Adept room and said, "Hey Narim, sorry to bother you. I kinda wanted to ask you something."

Narim looked up from a cup of tea he was just adding some honey to and he nodded.
"Sure thing Serge what can I help you with?"

(OOC: Yes the Nosferatu, Giovanni, Technocrazy, Virtual Adepts and the Glass Walkers all know which anime Serge is steaming, what he writes in emails to his mother and his porn preferences. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:23 am

You could feel the magick working this time and you banished the residues from other spellwork done in this room in the name of the Quarter Guardians, you could feel your Avatar standing next to you as you worked, her being the symbol of your authority to demand your words be heard. After your short ritual the room felt just fresh, it felt like a room did after a physical scrubbing down

He breathed out and resumed a normal posture again, the feeling of his avatar adjacent to him was something that was interesting to him but focusing on it too much could work against his focus on what he was doing. It felt cleared out, like spring breeze

"Very well we are ready to begin, I prefer using newer hand gestures but if you prefer the older ones mea filius I can work with them as well." Your Mentor said, he had light candles on the altar and a censer with some sharp smelling incense blend.

He smiled a little at the set-up and the fact his mentor, a few hundred years old at least, preferred something more modern than he did for a change. He supposed this is where there styles started to show more divergence and personal preferences despite how much they shared in common. "I find the older ones seem to suit me, if it isn't any bother sir." He took up a position ready to assist, just as he had times before, when things were not so stressful, when it was a routine and not a critical situation. But he'd been fooling himself, or had been lulled into complacency that really he had not been able to afford, and would not be likely to take advantage of situations of peace again. Those thoughts he let go of as he brought his focus back to where it needed to be.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:19 am

Horizon, Near Future:
"Unfortunately we have no archive of members that I know of so finding out can be hard but this kind of shit is stuff we love to pull so my money is that the man is a low level Nephandus or a pawn and that whoever owns him are patting themselves on the back real good over this guy."
Sierra grumbled.
Colin nodded, "Yes, that does sound all too plausible... Most likely a well informed pawn, I think; otherwise, the bloody Technocracy would have stomped him out long ago."

"Who is Hepha who? And why would she think you where this person?"
The Nephanda asked and she looked confused.
"Again your sense of time is hurting my head and I am not sure if it is a kind of cool thing or really disturbing, but in either case I hope Anna will be ok...she will not be sentenced to anything bad will she? I mean she is on trial."
He smiled wryly, "Hephaestus, Greek God of Craftsmen; ugly and crippled, but he made the weapons and tools of the gods... I had taken some damage to the arm and leg when she saw me, and I was sort of projected backwards in time. And she is Greek, so she had been raised with stories of the ancient Greek pantheon. And no, she will not be sentenced to anything too bad, I expect - Branding at some point in the future at the most - owing to the state of her health, and the fact that keeping her controlled until she might be well enough is going to be preferable to risking a new widderslainte falling into the hands of the Fallen again."

Steelhaven Hall, Now:
"My future apprentice is ready to Awaken now yes but she was not when I met her. One can Awaken spontaneously like we both did or one can be led to Awakening by another mage, it is doubtful she would have Awakened on her own, but she is just so talented...I just hope she will be happy as a mage given all that entails."
Narim said and he looks concerned.
He nodded, "She might have become ready on her own, given time, though. And frankly, I've yet to meet someone who is really unhappy with being Awakened, even if they're afraid to use their powers; like someone who has eaten only oatmeal all their life suddenly discovering meats, spices, vegetables, all sorts of flavours... Some of those flavours might not be to their liking, but it's still a vast change from the plain oatmeal."

"Off course she is. I knew there would be some reason why the Deacon Council where asked if she should be allowed to stay at Steelhaven. Very well then I will hear the rest later when we are safe from prying eyes and ears."
Narim said and he smiled warmly.
He nodded, "In fact, I can show you... As the Deacon Primus to be you'll need to know in any case... But, after I've returned."

"Oh my that is impressive."
The Virtual Adept said and his eyes widened a bit.
"How on earth did you come up with it Mr Wainwright?"
He smiled, "I had an Epiphany. More precisely, I had a flash of insight about the manipulation of raw Quintessence - that I don't need to draw it into myself to use it, that I can put it where I need it to go directly instead. As a crass simile, the difference between eating bad soup and getting food poisoning with all that entails, and simply pouring the soup down the toilet without the indignity. Oh, the Resonance of the Quintessence still has an effect, but on the spell and the target, instead of on the caster - so you could use it to camouflage who was working there, and you could add some pretty nasty lingering effects to what you're working on, depending on how the Quintessence is flavoured, of course."

"It is sort of I mean I have never really been in this situation before I em...well I..."
Narim scratched his dark hair.
"You see Mr Wainwright I like someone at the Chantry, I mean I like everyone at the Chantry but I mean like like someone and I think this person might like me a little as well and I mean I..."
He look a deep breath and looked at you.
"The problem only being that I am one of the Deacons of this Chantry and one day I will be it's Deacon Primus and I ehm is it really ethical for me to pursue a relationship with a member of a Chantry I am a Deacon of? But I really like this person and I...I...I am making a mess of explaining things am I not?"
Narim said and he blushed and sigh.
"And I mean it is such a trivial matter given our current troubles I am sorry for bringing it up."
He arched an eyebrow, then nodded sagely as Narim expressed his concerns, "Ah, that is a fairly straightforward problem, at least - rather refreshing, really... Hum... Now, don't take my word as legal gospel; there may be a few matters of Tradition Law that touch upon the subject, even if I don't know of them..."
He pondered for a few moments, "I think you could ethically pursue a relationship, yes. Assuming this person reciprocates your feelings, of course. What I think you would have to do is to formally recuse yourself in advance from any and every matter on the Deacon Council pertaining to this person - whether the relationship blossoms or turns sour, you would lose all impartiality, and that... should be addressed first. I would ask Master Steelhaven's legal opinion of it, of course, before he leaves, but I think... Yes, I think it could be pursued without any major ethical issues - you would need to put a simple separation between Narim Sharaya, the Deacon and Narim Sharaya, the person, to avoid any suggestion of preferential treatments, and to shelter this other person from accusations of, well, gold digging, as they call it."
He cracked a sly smile, "Hum... does this have anything to do with musical theater, by any chance?"

Hildegard smiled a little.
"Perhaps it is just memories of seeing my own mother cook with a iron frying pan or yes perhaps it is because with one of those I need to use butter to fry me and Jane's morning eggs or perhaps I am a silly old woman."
He nodded sagely, "Or perhaps a combination of the three... in any case, it's an honest preference, and there's nothing wrong with that."

Jareth was on the floor, so was the lid from one of your butter pans and he where having fun kicking it around the kitchen floor and trying to take of with it only to drop it back down on the floor when he found it to be to heavy. The owl looked up at you and flapped his wings and hooted happily when he saw you, clearly pleased with his new toy.
He gave a soft, exasperated sigh and smiled at the little imp, "I'm going to have to put away my kitchen utensils more thoroughly, am I not?"
He fetched the lid and put it in the sink, giving Jareth a light scritch on the head in passing, "I need to load up to go somewhere dangerous... Now, Freddy is going to stay in the building, so I want you to be extra vigilant in my absence, alright? I don't want anyone to sneak in and cause any more trouble than what's already come along today."
He glanced around and fished out a stack of his older novels - the Conan collection, the Chronicles of Narnia box set, a few others - and put them in a convenient bag with the cookie jar, then fished out Adjan's gun, the ammunition, the Tass, and everything else he would need for the infiltration mission, including filling a small pouch with a bit of Anna's sand, just in case. Then he fixed Jareth another platter of meat treats, and headed out with the two bags in hand - books and cookies for Kyle, book and margarine for Dalisse - and nodded to Hildegard before heading for the stairs.

((OOC: If Serge wants a word with Colin, best go for it before he wanders off again. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:30 am

The Hagalaz smiled warmly.
"That would be a cool room actually. I have always enjoyed cartoons there is something innocent about them, I think that would be a great project for your room."
He agreed.

"Me too. Cartoons were basically my whole life at one point. Their was always something I loved about their world. Their adventures, their humor and wit, and like you said their innocence. Anything could happen in their worlds. I always loved that about them." Serge said with a smile.

"I might look into that. It might make good practice."

Narim looked up from a cup of tea he was just adding some honey to and he nodded.
"Sure thing Serge what can I help you with?"

"I remember you said that you always had an idea of where everyone was." Serge said hoping he had remembered that correctly.

"Do you by any chance know where Liv Bergen is at? The young 10-year old girl who's a part of House Janissary. Apprentice to Master Boz. Can't speak much english." Serge said trying to come up with as many identifying qualities as he could remember.

(OOC: Don't think Serge can catch up to Colin in time. Looks like Serge will have to wait before getting that rune set Razz )
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:15 am

Adley:

He smiled a little at the set-up and the fact his mentor, a few hundred years old at least, preferred something more modern than he did for a change. He supposed this is where there styles started to show more divergence and personal preferences despite how much they shared in common. "I find the older ones seem to suit me, if it isn't any bother sir."

Jeffry nodded as he took up position oposite you.
"When I was an apprentice I was taught the older hand gestures even if the newer ones where the most commonly used by then so it should be fine mea filius."

He took up a position ready to assist, just as he had times before, when things were not so stressful, when it was a routine and not a critical situation. But he'd been fooling himself, or had been lulled into complacency that really he had not been able to afford, and would not be likely to take advantage of situations of peace again. Those thoughts he let go of as he brought his focus back to where it needed to be.

"Very well then as before we start by calling in the pwers and then mentally go through each room placing a sealing sigil on each wall, then conjure a shield around the building then finishing the ritual with the Golden Dawn banishing rituals."
The old Hermetic said it was a fairly simple ritual and fairly modern mixing Hermetic hand gestures and sigils with Golden Dawn symbology. Closing his eyes Jeffry begun to intone the names of guardian entities in a strong, clear voice.

Colin nodded, "Yes, that does sound all too plausible... Most likely a well informed pawn, I think; otherwise, the bloody Technocracy would have stomped him out long ago."

"Yeah well if I find out I will let you know I...had a friend growing up, her parents where friends with mine and had similar ideas, she died from an easily preventable disease when she was eight."
Sierra muttered angrily.

He smiled wryly, "Hephaestus, Greek God of Craftsmen; ugly and crippled, but he made the weapons and tools of the gods... I had taken some damage to the arm and leg when she saw me, and I was sort of projected backwards in time. And she is Greek, so she had been raised with stories of the ancient Greek pantheon.

"I see that makes sense I guess though it is a strange way to meet a prospective apprentice."
Sierra said and nodded.
"I can not say that I am tofamilliar with the Greek Pantheon myself."

And no, she will not be sentenced to anything too bad, I expect - Branding at some point in the future at the most - owing to the state of her health, and the fact that keeping her controlled until she might be well enough is going to be preferable to risking a new widderslainte falling into the hands of the Fallen again."

"Ah I see, perhaps it is a blessing in disguise that she have a weak heart then, it would not be wise to try to do...that...ritual to someone who might die from high stress I imagine if it is as painful as you say."
The Nephanda said softly and she shivered from fear thinking about it.
"I am glad Anna will be ok Mr Wainwright."

Steelhaven Now:

He nodded, "She might have become ready on her own, given time, though. And frankly, I've yet to meet someone who is really unhappy with being Awakened, even if they're afraid to use their powers; like someone who has eaten only oatmeal all their life suddenly discovering meats, spices, vegetables, all sorts of flavours... Some of those flavours might not be to their liking, but it's still a vast change from the plain oatmeal."

"I certinly would not want to trade being a mage away even if I have to deal with this war...though I wish this war did not exist I have lost so...must to it."
Narim whispered and he glanced to the picture of the large family that he had on his wall.
"In any case I hope my apprentice will not hate me for Awakening her."

He nodded, "In fact, I can show you... As the Deacon Primus to be you'll need to know in any case... But, after I've returned."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright I will look forward to that then."
The Virtual Adept said and nodded.

He smiled, "I had an Epiphany. More precisely, I had a flash of insight about the manipulation of raw Quintessence - that I don't need to draw it into myself to use it, that I can put it where I need it to go directly instead. As a crass simile, the difference between eating bad soup and getting food poisoning with all that entails, and simply pouring the soup down the toilet without the indignity. Oh, the Resonance of the Quintessence still has an effect, but on the spell and the target, instead of on the caster - so you could use it to camouflage who was working there, and you could add some pretty nasty lingering effects to what you're working on, depending on how the Quintessence is flavoured, of course."

"That makes allot of sense and is brilliant really, this rote could be revolutionary."
Narim said and he nodded approvingly.
"I can not wait to learn more about it and what it can be used for."
He said and grinned happily.

He arched an eyebrow, then nodded sagely as Narim expressed his concerns, "Ah, that is a fairly straightforward problem, at least - rather refreshing, really... Hum... Now, don't take my word as legal gospel; there may be a few matters of Tradition Law that touch upon the subject, even if I don't know of them..."

Narim was still blushing and he was plucking on his cell phone cover.
"There are no laws on this directly in the Traditions as long as the Chantry is not put in danger, but perhaps it should be."
He muttered.
"But legally it is not a problem the question is if it is a problem ethically."

He pondered for a few moments, "I think you could ethically pursue a relationship, yes. Assuming this person reciprocates your feelings, of course. What I think you would have to do is to formally recuse yourself in advance from any and every matter on the Deacon Council pertaining to this person - whether the relationship blossoms or turns sour, you would lose all impartiality, and that... should be addressed first. I would ask Master Steelhaven's legal opinion of it, of course, before he leaves, but I think... Yes, I think it could be pursued without any major ethical issues - you would need to put a simple separation between Narim Sharaya, the Deacon and Narim Sharaya, the person, to avoid any suggestion of preferential treatments, and to shelter this other person from accusations of, well, gold digging, as they call it."

Narim listened to you then he nodded.
"That are good advice, excusing myself from taking part in any decision where this person is involved is a good and honest way to go about it. I am concerned though off course I would never abuse my position but a Deacon have allot of power over the magi living in his or her Chantry both legal powers, command in combat and also a mage alone often do not live long being cast out of one's Chantry is a death sentence, it is always a moral dilemma when someone placed in such a positio seek a relationship with someone under their command, abuse can happen so easily. However stating up front I will not take part in any decicion pertaining to this person that is a good compromise.

He cracked a sly smile, "Hum... does this have anything to do with musical theater, by any chance?"

Narim raised an eyebrow and smiled a little but he said nothing.

He nodded sagely, "Or perhaps a combination of the three... in any case, it's an honest preference, and there's nothing wrong with that."

The Chorister gave you a smile and a nod.
"I guess you are right about that Mr Wainwright."

He gave a soft, exasperated sigh and smiled at the little imp, "I'm going to have to put away my kitchen utensils more thoroughly, am I not?"
He fetched the lid and put it in the sink, giving Jareth a light scritch on the head in passing, "I need to load up to go somewhere dangerous... Now, Freddy is going to stay in the building, so I want you to be extra vigilant in my absence, alright? I don't want anyone to sneak in and cause any more trouble than what's already come along today."

Jareth looked disapointed when you took the lid away, after all it was so fun to play with it and he glanced at the sink already plotting how to get it back, he seamed very pleased with the petting though and rubbed his head against your and and cooed. When you spoke to him about protecting the apartment he just looked at you with a look in his eyes that said he understood the message and he flapped his wings and jumped up to the back to a chair where he had a good overview of the apartment.

He glanced around and fished out a stack of his older novels - the Conan collection, the Chronicles of Narnia box set, a few others - and put them in a convenient bag with the cookie jar, then fished out Adjan's gun, the ammunition, the Tass, and everything else he would need for the infiltration mission, including filling a small pouch with a bit of Anna's sand, just in case. Then he fixed Jareth another platter of meat treats, and headed out with the two bags in hand - books and cookies for Kyle, book and margarine for Dalisse - and nodded to Hildegard before heading for the stairs.

Jareth jumped of the chair to dig into his treat he where clearly full now for he gulped down a few pieces of meat and started playing with the rest, kicking them around a bit, everything was a potential toy for him. Hildegard nodded back when you came into the hallway again.
"Where you cooking utensils safe Mr Wainwright?"
She asked sounding amused.

Serge:

"Me too. Cartoons were basically my whole life at one point. Their was always something I loved about their world. Their adventures, their humor and wit, and like you said their innocence. Anything could happen in their worlds. I always loved that about them." Serge said with a smile.

"Agreed there is something comforting about cartoons, a world of wonder where nothing is truly dangerous, I always enjoyed watching them when I was a kid and like watching them together with Liv now that I am an adult."
He said and smiled fondly.

"I might look into that. It might make good practice."

"I think you are right Mr Yager it would make good practice for you."
The Hagalaz said and nodded.

"I remember you said that you always had an idea of where everyone was." Serge said hoping he had remembered that correctly.

"That is correct Serge I do, I am not scrying on anyone I just know, it is a side effect of my magick."
Narim said and nodded.

"Do you by any chance know where Liv Bergen is at? The young 10-year old girl who's a part of House Janissary. Apprentice to Master Boz. Can't speak much english." Serge said trying to come up with as many identifying qualities as he could remember.

"I believe Miss Bergen is in Miss Olson's room, she have room 207 right down the hall here."
Narim said and nodded.
"Or so my gut feeling tells me."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:48 am

Horizon, Near Future:
"Yeah well if I find out I will let you know I...had a friend growing up, her parents where friends with mine and had similar ideas, she died from an easily preventable disease when she was eight."
Sierra muttered angrily.
Colin frowned, "Yes... it seems that somehow Autism has become a bigger scare than, you know, crippling and death."

"I see that makes sense I guess though it is a strange way to meet a prospective apprentice."
Sierra said and nodded.
"I can not say that I am tofamilliar with the Greek Pantheon myself."
He nodded, "I am only passingly familiar with it, myself - public education and pop culture, basically."

"Ah I see, perhaps it is a blessing in disguise that she have a weak heart then, it would not be wise to try to do...that...ritual to someone who might die from high stress I imagine if it is as painful as you say."
The Nephanda said softly and she shivered from fear thinking about it.
"I am glad Anna will be ok Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "As am I. She's brilliant, but then so was her previous incarnation."

Steelhaven Hall, Now:
"I certinly would not want to trade being a mage away even if I have to deal with this war...though I wish this war did not exist I have lost so...must to it."
Narim whispered and he glanced to the picture of the large family that he had on his wall.
"In any case I hope my apprentice will not hate me for Awakening her."
He smiled and shook his head, "No, I think she will be fine. Forcing her to Awaken by trauma, on the other hand, that would probably be a bit more likely to cause some strain..."

"That makes allot of sense and is brilliant really, this rote could be revolutionary."
Narim said and he nodded approvingly.
"I can not wait to learn more about it and what it can be used for."
He said and grinned happily.
He grinned, "You and the whole of the Traditions."

Narim listened to you then he nodded.
"That are good advice, excusing myself from taking part in any decision where this person is involved is a good and honest way to go about it. I am concerned though off course I would never abuse my position but a Deacon have allot of power over the magi living in his or her Chantry both legal powers, command in combat and also a mage alone often do not live long being cast out of one's Chantry is a death sentence, it is always a moral dilemma when someone placed in such a positio seek a relationship with someone under their command, abuse can happen so easily. However stating up front I will not take part in any decicion pertaining to this person that is a good compromise.
He nodded, "A question to further complicate the issue is which one of you reached out first? But yes, clearly separating your authority from your relationships is probably going to be wise. And that would also help make sure they would not be attacked by others for, hm, getting close to the big man in exchange for favours later."

Narim raised an eyebrow and smiled a little but he said nothing.
He chuckled, "Ah, so that's it, is it? Well, then, I believe you will find that if you do them wrong, ethical concerns will be the least of your problems."
He grinned, "Good luck to you both, then."

Jareth jumped of the chair to dig into his treat he where clearly full now for he gulped down a few pieces of meat and started playing with the rest, kicking them around a bit, everything was a potential toy for him. Hildegard nodded back when you came into the hallway again.
"Where you cooking utensils safe Mr Wainwright?"
She asked sounding amused.
He sighed softly, giving her an exasperated smile, "It was a saucepan lid. He's not quite strong enough to lift it, it seems, so it might be safe in the sing. At least none of my knives are on display, so it should be safe for him to find other toys to amuse himself... Hum, I need a word with Mr. Bergen, I think, before I leave for the Umbral Port. But do you know where Mr. Terach is right now?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:50 am

Horizon Near Future:

Colin frowned, "Yes... it seems that somehow Autism has become a bigger scare than, you know, crippling and death."

Sierra sigh and nodded.
"Well in a way it have to be insulting towards those who have autism and their families and loved ones. Now we know vaccines do not actually cause autism but even if there was a small chance that they did, to say that is worse than dying is well a little...fucked up."
She said.

He nodded, "I am only passingly familiar with it, myself - public education and pop culture, basically."

"I guess there is that old religions seam popular to bring up in pop culture as of late."
The Nephanda said and shrugged.

He nodded, "As am I. She's brilliant, but then so was her previous incarnation."

"Anna was brilliant before? As in another life or something?"
The Fallen Etherite asked.
"I bet there is a story behind that."
She said and she smiled a little.

Steelhaven Now:

He smiled and shook his head, "No, I think she will be fine. Forcing her to Awaken by trauma, on the other hand, that would probably be a bit more likely to cause some strain..."

"A guided Awakening is not the same as forcing someone Awake, they still Awaken on their own you just lead the way, guiding someone to Awakening do not always work either as at the end of the day it is the one being guided and their Avatar who have to take the plundge and Awaken or not."
Narim explained.
"And yes I hope she will be ok."

He grinned, "You and the whole of the Traditions."

The Virtual Adept just gave a grin to that.

He nodded, "A question to further complicate the issue is which one of you reached out first? But yes, clearly separating your authority from your relationships is probably going to be wise. And that would also help make sure they would not be attacked by others for, hm, getting close to the big man in exchange for favours later."

"Ehm I ehm asked...him out but well I ehm yes..."
Narim said and blushed again then he nodded.
"But yes I will speak with Mr Steelhaven later today if I get a chance to and make sure I make it clear I will not be taking part in making any decisions regarding this individual...for both our sake."

He chuckled, "Ah, so that's it, is it? Well, then, I believe you will find that if you do them wrong, ethical concerns will be the least of your problems."
He grinned, "Good luck to you both, then."

"I do not even know if he feels the same way all it is right now is dinner I just wanted to discuss these concerns with you in case...well in case...ehm..."
The Virtual Adept smiled a little.
"And I would not want to do wrong by this person for whatever he ends up liking me or not I respect him, he is a good person."
He said then he glanced at you.
"Thank you for this talk Mr Wainwright, I do appriciate you taking the time and thank you for the well wishes as well, we will see how it go, perhaps it will just be this one dinner but if so that is fine as well."

He sighed softly, giving her an exasperated smile, "It was a saucepan lid. He's not quite strong enough to lift it, it seems, so it might be safe in the sing. At least none of my knives are on display, so it should be safe for him to find other toys to amuse himself...

"May I recomend for you and your kitchen's sake that you perhaps get your new friend a few toys intended for large parrots they should be the right size and durable enough for him."
Hildegard said and she smiled just a little.

Hum, I need a word with Mr. Bergen, I think, before I leave for the Umbral Port. But do you know where Mr. Terach is right now?"

"You need a word with Mr Bergen?"
Hildegard said and she raised an eyebrow and her eyes turned hard she was not best pleased that the Hagalaz mage had betrayed them.
"As for my Cabalmate he informed me we lost three Umbroods in the fight today, he said he was going up to the chapel to light a candle for them, and then he would be right back down."
The Chorister informed you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:40 pm

Horizon, Near Future:
"Anna was brilliant before? As in another life or something?"
The Fallen Etherite asked.
"I bet there is a story behind that."
She said and she smiled a little.
Colin smiled enigmatically, "We were close, back in the Renaissance. When the First Cabal was active, in fact."

Steelhaven Hall, Now:
"I do not even know if he feels the same way all it is right now is dinner I just wanted to discuss these concerns with you in case...well in case...ehm..."
The Virtual Adept smiled a little.
"And I would not want to do wrong by this person for whatever he ends up liking me or not I respect him, he is a good person."
He said then he glanced at you.
"Thank you for this talk Mr Wainwright, I do appriciate you taking the time and thank you for the well wishes as well, we will see how it go, perhaps it will just be this one dinner but if so that is fine as well."
He nodded, grinning, "He is a good person. He deserves someone he can get close to, outside of family of all varieties."

"May I recomend for you and your kitchen's sake that you perhaps get your new friend a few toys intended for large parrots they should be the right size and durable enough for him."
Hildegard said and she smiled just a little.
He nodded, "That, or perhaps some toys designed for falconry. Actually, considering owls' predatory nature, falconry accessories might be the best pick."

"You need a word with Mr Bergen?"
Hildegard said and she raised an eyebrow and her eyes turned hard she was not best pleased that the Hagalaz mage had betrayed them.
"As for my Cabalmate he informed me we lost three Umbroods in the fight today, he said he was going up to the chapel to light a candle for them, and then he would be right back down."
The Chorister informed you.
He smiled thinly, "I ought to let him know I confiscated an item from his apartment - besides, while he himself does not garner much sympathy, well... I'm the one who arrested him, and I spearheaded the team that saved his daughter. I can understand why he made the bad judgment call he did, even if I disagree with it... and I'm prepared to help fight for a milder punishment for him, for her sake..."
He shook his head, "In any case, if Mr. Terach comes back down before I come back up, would you ask him to wait for me?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:04 pm

Horizon Near Future:

Colin smiled enigmatically, "We were close, back in the Renaissance. When the First Cabal was active, in fact."

"So you knew Anna in another life or your former life did, well that is pretty cool."
Sierra said and she smiled a little.

Steelhaven Now:

He nodded, grinning, "He is a good person. He deserves someone he can get close to, outside of family of all varieties.

Narim just smiled softly at that.

He nodded, "That, or perhaps some toys designed for falconry. Actually, considering owls' predatory nature, falconry accessories might be the best pick."

"Ah yes off course that is probably better I did not consider that such accessories are available."
Hildegard agreed.

He smiled thinly, "I ought to let him know I confiscated an item from his apartment - besides, while he himself does not garner much sympathy, well... I'm the one who arrested him, and I spearheaded the team that saved his daughter. I can understand why he made the bad judgment call he did, even if I disagree with it... and I'm prepared to help fight for a milder punishment for him, for her sake..."

"That is kind of you Mr Wainwright I however can not get past the point that Mr Bergen betrayed this Chantry and to the Nephandi no less and put Avatars in danger, but if you are able to show him kindness that is probably a good thing."
The Chorister muttered and she frowned.

He shook his head, "In any case, if Mr. Terach comes back down before I come back up, would you ask him to wait for me?"

"Certainly I will ask him to ask if he comes back down before you return here Mr Wainwright."
She agreed and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:17 pm

(OOC: Well then we are at 30 pages again so it is time for a new IC thread. Here is the summary for this thread but as I have a bit of a problem focusing for a long time still the summary might be a bit short I am sorry about that. Anyway good gaming everyone.

Adley, Nicole and several mages from Steelhaven traced down the Nephanda who had messed with Steelhaven's guardian angel and after a fight with her and a few sleepers, some of the same who had attacked Nico earlier, the Nephanda, Sierra was captured. and taken back to Steelhaven. Adley spoke with the prisoner and developed a report with her. Sierra is not from Larson's Labyrinth but from a competing one who sent her to spy on Steelhaven to figure out why Larson was interested in the Chantry.

Colin finished up at the Hospital with Kyle, it was discovered that Crexia's blood affected his cells so some of the procedures was quite painful for the young mage but new information was found out about the anti magick serum as well as a potential cure for those who have been on it to long. One of Larson's Prelati Wallace Jace was at the hospital stealing supplies and it is discovered that he have kidnapped several spirits from the hospital. Colin and Richard chased the Nephandus away. Colin also met a young ghost boy and promised to help him with his final wish to get a gift to his beloved cat Bon Bon, he also met Richard's Mentor and the Tytalus Theodora and had a chatt before he got Kyle back to Steelhaven.

Serge have been running around drawing pictures of Larson's group and others on Jeffry's Orders and by that he have also met several Chantry members and most seam to like the young mage. He have a long conversation with Nicole and a conversation with Deaconess O'Conner who give him two magickal crayons. Serge and Nicole bring food to the prisoners and guards and Serge met Ulv Bergen.

Nicole, Arn and Narim was followed as they drove home from capturing Sierra but they managed to shake their tail they do not know who the tail was though and they get to the Chantry safely. Nicole speak with Serge and she is asked by the Etherite Rodger to go with her and get Master Morgan's Umbra ship ready to fly. Nicole get to meet several Chantry members and she helps out as a guard.

Adley rapports to his Mentor he also go to see Master Nassa about something for the pain the heart's blood rote have given him and he gets a form for tea that do help he also have a short talk with Beatrice.

Colin have another vision where he meets Sierra an hour before her Gilgul, he manage to get her to talk and gets and extension for her. she tells him some names and also tell him about a little girl who is Jace's clone and where to find her. Colin theathens a cruel guard and discuss ethics with another and discuss Sierra's case with Master Tolle. Colin also have a talk with Kristina about what he did to Isabella and talk the Verbena into helping him to apologize to the vampire.

The entire Chantry gets ready to storm Larson's Labyrinth. Adley and his Mentor work on setting up a new Ward while Nicole is going to the Umbra Dock to help get the Cheif's shuttle ready so Colin can go on his mission.

Tane visits with Beatrice and also drops Cadence off with the guards in the basement while he prepares for the meeting with the werewolves.

Everyone get two exp for this thread.
Good gaming everyone and sorry for the rather short summary I thought it was better to just get it up.

Link to new thread: http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com/t130-the-aswadim-s-blood-battles-and-the-lonely-handler-ic-thread-23#17915 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:48 am

That's a relief. Day's been long. He said with a tired smile.

That's great, babe. Want me to check how your little angel is doing or do you think it's alright? He asked happily. I should also bring you later today the little natural spirit and maybe we'll see if we can make something a little stronger.

It will get stronger, master. I have never seen a healer like you and i'm sure he can't be in better hands. You've performed the impossible with rather scant Resources! cheared at her Well, i'll tell you what. I need to have breakfast before going out to the Fera meeting. I'll go to the shop down the alley and make you whatever you like for breakfast, we share meal and i'll get on my way. We both will be here so he'll be taken care at all times. How does that sound?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:03 am

(OOC: This is the old IC thread.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:55 am

(OOC: I have replied to you in the new thread now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:40 am

Who's this Lisa Larson? Sounds like a Marvel character. He said, trying to lift the spirits of the people around them.

Tane Caressed her head like one would a child and smiled Ok then. Let's see. Just relax. He said, and took her hands between his and sang her melancholic song a little until smoke came out of their joined hands. A cloud formed and it slowly rose to the ceiling, covering them as a screen of dense mist.

We could certainly all have breakfast together. Your patient is downstairs too, right? And Bae needs nourishment. So, what would you like for breakfast?

Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum