The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:47 am

"I get the meaning of your question Mr Yager, he is getting help by Dr Lee who have healed his hand and is giving him a transfusion from Miss Olsen."
Nico said.
"I do not know how he is doing though."

"Well if he's getting healed than things should be getting better at least. Still....needing a blood transfusion." Serge said still a little concerned.

"No your suggestions are valid ones Mr Yager but there is not much we can do with speculations."
The Verditius said and leaned back against the wall, which she immediately regretted and she winched sharply and leaned forward again, you saw blood where her back had touched the wall.
"Anyway we are all doing what we can."
She added.

Serge was already on edge from the sudden chanting and hearing about Narim. So much so that he didn't even register Nico's own condition. Seeing the blood on the wall just made him realize the verditius ailments.

"Woah hold on are you all right?" Serge asked looking concerned not sure if their was anything he could do to help.

Adley where on the floor holding Narim who where looking pale and scared but at least he did not look like he was dying, Richard stood tending to Rosa's arm, the young Cultist looked rather weak and pale and there where pools of blood on the floor, it looked horrible and you saw some bit of bone and finger on the floor as well, though Narim's hand where now healed let us just say it is a good precaution not to let Jane and Liv see the communications office right now.

It hadn't quite dawned on Serge what an exploding phone could do to a person's hand and it was only through the collective memories of gory horror movies that kept him from throwing up all of the Deaconess's soup.

He walked over to Rosa and Richard and noticed the young Cultist's paleness. "Hey I'm back. Heard what happened up here. You feeling all right?" Serge asked looking concerned.

He then turned to Richard and said, "Is their anything I can do to help? I heard you needed blood donors. I'm not sure what blood type I am but can you check to see if I'm compatible?"

"I am it."
Jane said happily.
"Bit it seam Uncle Willard is winning, he can fly you know so it is not fair."

"Hey that's cheating!" Serge said jokingly berating the empty space in front of him. "You should ask him to stay on the ground and walk like a not-spirit person."
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:34 am

"Well if he's getting healed than things should be getting better at least. Still....needing a blood transfusion." Serge said still a little concerned.

"Master Sharaya is getting better Mr Yager but it works a little like this, creating blood with magick is not so hard, at least not unless you have a technomagickal Paradigm where you have to worry about all the cells and such but for a more mystical Paradigm making blood itself is not hard, but blood is more than matter, it is full of Tass and recreating that is allot harder, a transfusion is often the easier option."
Nico explained.

Serge was already on edge from the sudden chanting and hearing about Narim. So much so that he didn't even register Nico's own condition. Seeing the blood on the wall just made him realize the verditius ailments.

"Woah hold on are you all right?" Serge asked looking concerned not sure if their was anything he could do to help.

"All right no, but I will be, I am not going to die and I am well enough to watch the girls."
Nico said and smiled a little.
"Thank you for your concern though."

It hadn't quite dawned on Serge what an exploding phone could do to a person's hand and it was only through the collective memories of gory horror movies that kept him from throwing up all of the Deaconess's soup.

He walked over to Rosa and Richard and noticed the young Cultist's paleness. "Hey I'm back. Heard what happened up here. You feeling all right?" Serge asked looking concerned.

"All I know is that Master Sharaya got hurt and I was called in to donate blood."
Rosa said softly.
"I do not have time right now to give to many details Mr Yager, something happened with Master Sharaya's phone."
Richard said as he slipped his gloves of and put them in the trash.
Rosa gave you a small smile.
"I am ok Serge, I am a little weak I have donated more blood than one usually do but I am sure Dr Lee would never put my health in danger."
She said.

He then turned to Richard and said, "Is their anything I can do to help? I heard you needed blood donors. I'm not sure what blood type I am but can you check to see if I'm compatible?"

"Sit down, thank you yes I do, I can not replace all Master Sharaya lost from Miss Olson alone."
The doctor said and indicated the other chair in the room.
"There will be little time to send a sample to the lab so I am going to have to use magick with this but I will go out on a limb that you would prefer me touching your wrist and comparing your Chi to that of Miss Olsen than me poking me with a needle anyway."
He said.
"Please lay your hand palm up on your leg...and if you would not mind doing the same Miss Olson."
Richard said and Rosa nodded and put her hand down on her knee.

"Hey that's cheating!" Serge said jokingly berating the empty space in front of him. "You should ask him to stay on the ground and walk like a not-spirit person."

"Uncle Willard says he do not know how a non spirit walks, that we are so dense...I am not sure what he means with dense though, what do dense mean Mr Yager?"
Jane asked and she looked puzzled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:12 am

"Well I am glad you like my brain."Narim said and smiled a little then he looked a bit far away for a little while. "Knowledge you say, I do not know if it is related but the Paradigm I work with would fit into the information model if you are using those classifications for magick." He muttered and looked at you then he smiled a little. "If those crystals where really my Avatar I...am glad I got to share that with you, I trust you enough to see it. Narim said and he squeezed your hand again.

“So I believe it was...pure, beautiful. But I am sure you will figure out what it means for you, what it feels like when you communicate again some more together. I trust you too, though I wish that happened under better circumstance, we’ll wrest the good out of it that arises.”

"She is...glorious." Narim said and smiled. "And she looked like she could kick some ass if she wanted to."

“She is…” He gave a little laugh when he said she looked kickass. “If we must, yes…we protect.”

"I believe in the Gods, I always have perhaps it is silly but it give me context an a framework for my life...and to some degree I can see how my magick fit in with the system of Chakras, where the one you would cal the pineal Chakra can be opened and by that give access to magickal abilities, but I still thought that while there are an energy body around us, that...connection was of the flesh..."He muttered softly."Perhaps it is both."

“I don’t think it is silly…though my relationship with god or gods is not the same as yours. I understand the need for context and a framework. Typical of the religions I grew up around, Eastern Orthodox and Catholic, their dogmatics would probably say it's blasphemy and sin what I believe and do. Even before I awakened.” He tilted his head a bit, glancing at him. “Chakra…pineal…huh…pineal gland, in your brain and it’s mapped to a chakra, similar area?” he looked thoughtful.

"A transfusion mea filius?" Your Mentor asked confused. "Ah yes....of blood I forget about such modern marvels, though back in the day doing so was quite unsafe." He said

He found himself nodding a bit into the phone. “Yes, sir. I am going to go for now unless there’s something else right now?” he asked his pater. When he got off the phone, he told Richard that Ty said he was on his way.

You felt Beatrice if it was her and not your imagination seam to relax a little, as if she knew you where there thinking about her.

He hoped it helped, at least somewhat.

"I do speak Sanskrit, my father sent me to learn it as a child...he was a priest and oped one day I would be the caretaker of the shrine he served." Narim said sounding sad for a moment and he glanced at the photograph of his family hanging on the wall. "I do not know any Greek but I speak a little Latin so I could translate for my Mentor when he had to negotiate with very old Hermetics who did not know any modern languages." He said. "English was the hardest to learn though...Japanese where easier..."

“See? I could have asked you to teach me numbers in Urdu…closer to Sanskrit and old Persian, I think.” He glanced up at the photograph as well.

"There we go...all over now hold pressure on it...yes I know it hurts a bit, where we go." He muttered as he tended to her arm. "Is Master Sharaya any better?" Rosa muttered weakly. "I am...than you very much."

“You deserve more than stale candy, but it’s all I got right now. I carry them for teaching – nothing like the ‘very disappointed’ tone with a tinge of bitter, disappointed butterscotch. Or yelling that reaches the back of the class arriving with the blast of wintermint,” he said, trying to cheer her up.

"All right" Serge said with a nod. He quietly and gently opened the door and peered within, bracing himself to see whatever was on the other side.

He looked up as the door cracked open to glance at Serge questioningly – he was holding onto the other man’s hand, his arm around him, the source of at least some of his earlier concern (other than the chanting which affected his brother) probably evident in the chaos in the room. “Is my brother ok?” he asked him.

"I was about to say the same thing. I've disembarked the shuttle, and I'm walking the last stretch to the polyp. Just thought you ought to know; I'm going to set my phone to silent, so i might not pick up if anyone tries to reach me. I will try to send a message once cooperation is secured, and I hope you can be fairly quick to strike then. The Aswadim has arrived early, and Fallen at least all the way to Chicago were singing its praises... this might work in our favour as a distraction, but there is now one hell of a fire lit under our feet... Funny thing, though - the battlecruiser is landlocked, and... it looks homesick and depressed. I think I understand a little more of the conflict between Larson and Dalisse now..."

“I don't,” Adley said in reply to his last comment, as he pressed the phone against his head. He took a deep breath at the thought of the Aswadim arriving early, that was so terrifying in and of itself he couldn't balance it against using it as a distraction. He couldn't afford to panic, even if the situation was panic-worthy. It seemed Nico had been right when they said something dangerous was coming. He said,"That may explain some things - like why there was such a commotion earlier and maybe why our Master Adept's phone blew up in his hand. How long are we talking about here? Anything else you can tell us, like how we're sposed to stop that?" he asked. "And amicus…good luck.” They were going to need some.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:11 am

"I do not have time right now to give to many details Mr Yager, something happened with Master Sharaya's phone."
Richard said as he slipped his gloves of and put them in the trash.

"I heard a little bit about what happened. Phone exploding and taking the Master's hand with it." Serge said recounting what little he knew of the event.

Rosa gave you a small smile.
"I am ok Serge, I am a little weak I have donated more blood than one usually do but I am sure Dr Lee would never put my health in danger."
She said.

"Glad to hear that your fine. It's strange how suddenly our situation changed. Hard to believe that a couple of minutes ago we were having a tea party with moving stuffed dolls." Serge said with a grin trying to distract Rosa from the grim situation.

"Sit down, thank you yes I do, I can not replace all Master Sharaya lost from Miss Olson alone."
The doctor said and indicated the other chair in the room.
"There will be little time to send a sample to the lab so I am going to have to use magick with this but I will go out on a limb that you would prefer me touching your wrist and comparing your Chi to that of Miss Olsen than me poking me with a needle anyway."
He said.
"Please lay your hand palm up on your leg...and if you would not mind doing the same Miss Olson."
Richard said and Rosa nodded and put her hand down on her knee.

"Do what you need to do...but yes I'd prefer avoiding needles." Serge said sheepishly. His talks with Kyle had gotten him anxious around the pointy-ended medical tools.

He did as he was instructed, never one to argue with a doctor, mimicking Rosa and placing his hand palm up on his knee.

"Uncle Willard says he do not know how a non spirit walks, that we are so dense...I am not sure what he means with dense though, what do dense mean Mr Yager?"
Jane asked and she looked puzzled.

"It means...well....ummm" Serge said struggling to figure out how to explain density to a 6 year old.

"It means that we're full of stuff like, inside our bodies. Our hearts, our lungs, our fat stomachs, our giant brains, and all of the millions of things that are inside us." Serge said trying his best to explain it.

"Although Uncle Willard might be trying trying to signify a different meaning when he says dense." he said unsure about the way the spirits behave and speak.

Adley wrote:He looked up as the door cracked open to glance at Serge questioningly – he was holding onto the other man’s hand, his arm around him, the source of at least some of his earlier concern (other than the chanting which affected his brother) probably evident in the chaos in the room. “Is my brother ok?” he asked him.

Serge was staring around the room in shock but snapped to attention when the older mage spoke to him.

"Yeah he's fine now. It was absolute chaos in that basement. When I got their Kyle was chanting and looked terrified while doing it. I managed to stop him from  chanting and calm him down. Eventually had to put him to sleep since he was so freaked out by the whole thing. Freddy is with him now." Serge said recounting the events that had occurred in the basement.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:56 am

"You are a lucky man then Mr Steed mine like to get some practical instruction and that do nto always go well."
Rodger said and frowned.
"Still I have high hopes for the little bastards you get attached to them you know."
Colin grinned, "Do I ever... Her life and mine have been intertwined in this incarnation for seven years, give or take... and I only first met her this week; coming to terms with that took some mental effort. But yes, we do get attached to them, and that's rather the point of it all, isn't it?"

The old Etherite sigh and nodded.
"I was captured by the Technocracy once, I obviously managed to escape since I am alive but it was a less than plesant few days I have to admit that the ones who just used...force there I said nothing but the slip of a girl who came into my cell and offered me a blanket and a warm meal while she tended to my cuts and bruises form other interrogation attempts...while I told her nothing that would compromise my Chantry, her I did talk to."
He muttered and shook his head.
"Well that is all in the past now, as for this woman who sacrificed herself, yes if she did so seeing her be...well you know will not be easy I think I will stay at Horizon docks when I visit the next few weeks."
He smiled thinly, "It works... torture is the north wind, and kindness is the sun, if you have heard that particular fable."
He frowned, "Yes, I think the Main Sentencing Hall will be an unpleasant place for weeks and months to come..."

"I have heard of Master Ir...hum what you say do make sense one do not want to release and Avatar from the host and let it run rampage no that could cost us some Spirit Masters and you know we have a limited supply of those...very well then good luck with the girl."
Rodger said and scratched his head.
"Ehm what someone managed to cleanse their Avatar? I have never heard about anything like that, are you quite sure Mr Steed?"
He grimaced, "Quite positive. But it was hushed up in a kangaroo court - a bloody murder of justice. But it couldn't be swept under the rug forever. The reckoning will come..."

Rodger nodded at that.
"Well as long as you can get outside, I can pick you up I may not look like much but I can make an Ethership sing."
He declared with confidence.
He grinned, "So long as it doesn't sing that godawful modern teeny-bopper pop music..."

“I don't,” Adley said in reply to his last comment, as he pressed the phone against his head. He took a deep breath at the thought of the Aswadim arriving early, that was so terrifying in and of itself he couldn't balance it against using it as a distraction. He couldn't afford to panic, even if the situation was panic-worthy. It seemed Nico had been right when they said something dangerous was coming. He said,"That may explain some things - like why there was such a commotion earlier and maybe why our Master Adept's phone blew up in his hand. How long are we talking about here? Anything else you can tell us, like how we're sposed to stop that?" he asked. "And amicus…good luck.” They were going to need some.
He nodded, "The Handler, Dalisse, and the ship are bonded by mind and soul; if one is depressed, the other is, too - and the ship wants to fly free in the Deep Umbra. And Larson is denying them that. As for how long, I'm not certain - it's a bit of a walk yet, and getting in will take some time, if I'm to avoid detection and capture... As for how we're supposed to stop it - I would hazard our best bet is to take no action against the Aswadim itself, and stop Larson's binding ritual. Essentially, do not fire unless fired upon. We know of entrances, and I will do what I can to have the defenses lowered there... Rally the forces for the assault, and wait for my signal... Might take an hour, hour-and-a-half. Possibly less, possibly a little more... And good luck to us all."

The guard finally noticed you and she looked a little confused, you did seam like you had a right to be there and she got a bit hesitant.
"Who are you?"
She asked in English her throat sore from the chanting she had been doing.
"Are you one of the guys sent over from Chicago?"
He gave her a stern look, "Abigail and her Labyrinth have fallen, just a few hours ago; the Jade Demon and the Traditions coordinated an attack. Only a handful escaped, and I'm guessing they'll be hunted down quickly if they don't leave Chicago soon... You had best run and tell the Gilledian or one of the Prelati right away."
He sneered slightly, "Go on, move, it won't do to deal with an Aswadim using resources that are already lost."

((OOC: I'm thinking Manipulation+Intimidate is appropriate to get the Fallen to turn her back and run toward the ship? 5,5,7,0,0... Dayum.))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:59 am

Adley:

“So I believe it was...pure, beautiful. But I am sure you will figure out what it means for you, what it feels like when you communicate again some more together. I trust you too, though I wish that happened under better circumstance, we’ll wrest the good out of it that arises.”

"Is it not often in times of crisis the most profound experiences happen?"
The Virtual Adept said as he looked up at you.
"I do hope you are right though I would want to communicate with that crystal cave again."
He said softly.
"Yes I think I would like that very much."

“She is…” He gave a little laugh when he said she looked kickass. “If we must, yes…we protect.”

"Yes...you are a protector...you have always been."
Narim said and he smiled a little.

“I don’t think it is silly…though my relationship with god or gods is not the same as yours. I understand the need for context and a framework. Typical of the religions I grew up around, Eastern Orthodox and Catholic, their dogmatics would probably say it's blasphemy and sin what I believe and do. Even before I awakened.” He tilted his head a bit, glancing at him.

"Many religions, mine the ones you grew up with loose themselves to the idea of sin in a way that only give the powerful more power. My oldest sister where attacked in the street by three men, my father lost most prestige when he condemned the attack instead of blaming his daughter, a woman. I believe the Gods are not so cruel and that what we should do is try to be kind to one another and if we so do, then we live in a way that please them."
Narim explained.

“Chakra…pineal…huh…pineal gland, in your brain and it’s mapped to a chakra, similar area?” he looked thoughtful.

"Yes...the pineal gland are connected to both the sixth and the seventh Chakra, especially the seventh which are believed to be man's connection to the spiritual the link between spirit and flesh."
He said and nodded.

He found himself nodding a bit into the phone. “Yes, sir. I am going to go for now unless there’s something else right now?” he asked his pater. When he got off the phone, he told Richard that Ty said he was on his way.

"No nothing for now, take care mea filius."
The old Hermetic said over the phone. Richard looked at you and nodded.
"Good."

“See? I could have asked you to teach me numbers in Urdu…closer to Sanskrit and old Persian, I think.” He glanced up at the photograph as well.

"I might have been able to help you there through I do not speak Persian or Urdu I know enough about the basic numbers."
Narim said.
"Languages are interesting, they are pathways for knowledge."
The picture showed a large family standing outside a yellow house on a bright, sunny day, there was a little boy among the people on the picture that had to be Narim as a child, he stood and held the hand of a beautiful woman with kind eyes who had to be his Euthanatos mother.

“You deserve more than stale candy, but it’s all I got right now. I carry them for teaching – nothing like the ‘very disappointed’ tone with a tinge of bitter, disappointed butterscotch. Or yelling that reaches the back of the class arriving with the blast of wintermint,” he said, trying to cheer her up.

"I will drink some juice when I get back to my apartment, and I did nothing more than anyone here would do for one of their Chantrymates, if I got hurt I am sure Master Sharaya or Ty would help me."
Rosa said and smiled then she looked a bit amused.
"That is a good idea for teaching perhaps it is good then I am not in one of your classes."
She said and giggled.

Serge:

"I heard a little bit about what happened. Phone exploding and taking the Master's hand with it." Serge said recounting what little he knew of the event.

"That would be the gist of it, there is more but this is not the time and place for me to go into details Mr Yager."
Richard said as he worked.

"Glad to hear that your fine. It's strange how suddenly our situation changed. Hard to believe that a couple of minutes ago we were having a tea party with moving stuffed dolls." Serge said with a grin trying to distract Rosa from the grim situation.

"I think I prefer the tea party."
Rose said and smiled a little.
"Are Jane and Liv ok, have they become scared by this situation?"
She asked.

"Do what you need to do...but yes I'd prefer avoiding needles." Serge said sheepishly. His talks with Kyle had gotten him anxious around the pointy-ended medical tools.

He did as he was instructed, never one to argue with a doctor, mimicking Rosa and placing his hand palm up on his knee.

"I think most would prefer to avoid them Mr Yager, other than some types of acupuncture which can be quite relaxing and comfortable."
Richard said as he put three of his fingers on your wrist.
"Hum...you have had an episode of quite strong dehydration in your life, it have affected your Chi."
He muttered more to himself than to you.
"But you are all in all very healthy though you need to move your body more...now let us see blood..."
He said then he moved his hand to Rosa's wrist as well and nodded.
"You are blood type B meaning you are compatible. It will then be up to you if you will help out, if both you and Ty donate neither of you will be left in the weakened state that Miss Olsen is in, but it is up to you."

"It means...well....ummm" Serge said struggling to figure out how to explain density to a 6 year old.

"It means that we're full of stuff like, inside our bodies. Our hearts, our lungs, our fat stomachs, our giant brains, and all of the millions of things that are inside us." Serge said trying his best to explain it.

"Although Uncle Willard might be trying trying to signify a different meaning when he says dense." he said unsure about the way the spirits behave and speak.

Jane did not look like she completely understood what you meant but she nodded non the less.
"So we are dense because we are full of blood and bone and organs and stuff and Uncle Willard is not dense because he is make of spirit stuff?"
She asked.
"That makes sense Sir."

Colin:

Colin grinned, "Do I ever... Her life and mine have been intertwined in this incarnation for seven years, give or take... and I only first met her this week; coming to terms with that took some mental effort. But yes, we do get attached to them, and that's rather the point of it all, isn't it?"

"Well they do say that the point is to pass on our knowledge but our apprentices do become like our children."
He said and he raised an eyebrow.
"Now you really do speak like a Cultist of Ecstasy Mr Steed."

He smiled thinly, "It works... torture is the north wind, and kindness is the sun, if you have heard that particular fable."
He frowned, "Yes, I think the Main Sentencing Hall will be an unpleasant place for weeks and months to come..."

"I am not one for fables Mr Steed so I am afraid I have not heard the one you are referring to but I do get your point. As for the Main Sentencing Hall I suspect it is always unpleasant though I have never seen that part of Horizon, however with that many captured Nephandi the whole aftermath is likely to make the streets of Horizon darken."
Rodger said softly.

He grimaced, "Quite positive. But it was hushed up in a kangaroo court - a bloody murder of justice. But it couldn't be swept under the rug forever. The reckoning will come..."

"Damn...if this is right it is an outrage...what happened to this unfortunate person?"
Rodger asked angrily.
"If a method to cleanse the Fallen could be found then that would be the greatest weapon we have against the Fallen! If we can undo their harm, why would anyone suppress that."

He grinned, "So long as it doesn't sing that godawful modern teeny-bopper pop music..."

"Oh that I think we can avoid Mr Wainwright."
The Ethernaut said sounding amused.

He gave her a stern look, "Abigail and her Labyrinth have fallen, just a few hours ago; the Jade Demon and the Traditions coordinated an attack. Only a handful escaped, and I'm guessing they'll be hunted down quickly if they don't leave Chicago soon

"Shit, those Traditionalist fuckers and the Jade Demon betrayed us? Well truth to be told I am not all that surprised he was never on board with the plans of the rest of us."
The Nephanda said and followed up with a stream of curses in the Dragon's Tongue.

You had best run and tell the Gilledian or one of the Prelati right away."
He sneered slightly, "Go on, move, it won't do to deal with an Aswadim using resources that are already lost."

"Fuck yes...and with the Aswadim already here, we are not ready for him, I am not sure how Larson think the blood of his descendant will hold him."
The guard said then she swore again and turned and ran towards one of the massive ship's entrances.

(OOC: That is one running Nephandus.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:55 pm

"Well they do say that the point is to pass on our knowledge but our apprentices do become like our children."
He said and he raised an eyebrow.
"Now you really do speak like a Cultist of Ecstasy Mr Steed."
Colin grinned, "I get that a lot..."

"I am not one for fables Mr Steed so I am afraid I have not heard the one you are referring to but I do get your point. As for the Main Sentencing Hall I suspect it is always unpleasant though I have never seen that part of Horizon, however with that many captured Nephandi the whole aftermath is likely to make the streets of Horizon darken."
Rodger said softly.
He frowned, "Last time one of my incarnations set foot there, it was a pretty grim day... This time, though, there's a tiny chance the series of sentences will rouse public opinion against the practice. At least, against making it a public spectacle."

"Damn...if this is right it is an outrage...what happened to this unfortunate person?"
Rodger asked angrily.
"If a method to cleanse the Fallen could be found then that would be the greatest weapon we have against the Fallen! If we can undo their harm, why would anyone suppress that."
He frowned, then soured a bit, "Oh, she still lives... if you can call it living. And the ones who would suppress that, well, let's just say that a certain name has come up a number of times in lists of collaborators with the Fallen."

"Shit, those Traditionalist fuckers and the Jade Demon betrayed us? Well truth to be told I am not all that surprised he was never on board with the plans of the rest of us."
The Nephanda said and followed up with a stream of curses in the Dragon's Tongue.
He arched an eyebrow, "Indeed, one might ask whose bright idea it was to let a millennia-old nonaggressionist in on the plan."

"Fuck yes...and with the Aswadim already here, we are not ready for him, I am not sure how Larson think the blood of his descendant will hold him."
The guard said then she swore again and turned and ran towards one of the massive ship's entrances.
He looked evenly at the Nephanda, "So she got that sample, then."
As the guard started running, he smoothly raised the gun and shot her in the back.

((OOC: Dex+Firearms: 6,8,0,0 - Oh, Theology! So, three spare successes + 4L comes to 1,2,3,6,9,0,0... plus whatever effect the sand has.))

((OOC2: Heading off to my parents for Christmas. Won't be replying again until later tonight, and more sporadically for the coming week.))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:04 pm

Anja's Post:
"I would not dream of depriving a technomancer of her tools."
Adjan said and smiled then he gave you a confused look.
"I was not aware that our schedule where trashed, have something happened? I only spoke with an Amalgam of Technocrats who had been in a bit of a scuffle with the Fallen that is all I know so I suspect then in this you know more than me."
He said looking confused.

'Well, you did drop off the Brit so they could attempt to hijack a Fallen ship or something; either the Chief was keeping that info on a "need to know" basis or it's a fresh spanner. Let's hope them lot don't have a Revere to warn 'em.' Nicole replied.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:23 pm

Colin:

Colin grinned, "I get that a lot..."

"Yes that do not surprise me."
Rodger said sounding amused.

He frowned, "Last time one of my incarnations set foot there, it was a pretty grim day... This time, though, there's a tiny chance the series of sentences will rouse public opinion against the practice. At least, against making it a public spectacle."

"Ba genetic memories Mr Steed?"
The pilot asked then he sigh.
"Perhaps you are right but unless an alternative to how to deal with the Fallen are found then I doubt they will stop using that Ritual but making it a public spectacle though that seams distasteful to me, it is a horrible thing and the sentenced should be allowed to go through it with a minimum of dignity."

He frowned, then soured a bit, "Oh, she still lives... if you can call it living. And the ones who would suppress that, well, let's just say that a certain name has come up a number of times in lists of collaborators with the Fallen."

"Wait...wait if the woman had cleansed her Avatar that means she where no longer Fallen and you are saying she was still Gilgulled? That is an outrage are you saying double agents for the Nephandi did that...shit that is terrifying!"
Rodger exclaimed and he seamed quite shocked.

He arched an eyebrow, "Indeed, one might ask whose bright idea it was to let a millennia-old nonaggressionist in on the plan."

"I have no idea but whoever it is deserve to spend some time as Prelatus Garbriel's hobby project, perhaps he will finally be able to train that apprentice of his into learning to be an actual Nephanda, she is twelve it is about time she show some initiative."
The guard said and frowned.

He looked evenly at the Nephanda, "So she got that sample, then."

"Yeah we managed to convince the family doctor of the target's son to give us a tube of his grandson...grand...something's blood well rather Prelate Gabriel did the convincing, you know how he can be the man loves his job."
She said way to happily.

As the guard started running, he smoothly raised the gun and shot her in the back.

The guard screamed as the bullet entered her back then she fell to the ground in a heap and started convulsing on the ground, tears rolled down her face and she muttered to herself as she sobbed uncontrollably, she was still alive if just barely but she was incapacitated as she sobbed on the ground from far more than the pain of her wound.

(OOC: Enjoy your Christmas visit say hello to your girlfriend from me and wish her a marry Christmas from me. We need to find a cat free area to have some gaming done over the new year.)

Nicole:

'Well, you did drop off the Brit so they could attempt to hijack a Fallen ship or something; either the Chief was keeping that info on a "need to know" basis or it's a fresh spanner. Let's hope them lot don't have a Revere to warn 'em.' Nicole replied.

"Yeah Mr Wainwright have an insane plan to take over the Nephandi's ship and it might just work as well, I am not sure there is to much to tall there though Miss since it is out of our hands for now."
He said as he drove then he swung in to the side and stopped by a shop called Harvey's Tools.
"Will this shop have what you need?"
He asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:45 pm

Nicole looked out at the shop-front for a moment before replying. 'Yeah, should be. Shouldn't be more than a couple of minutes.' Just as she made to leave the car, realised she was still armed; after making a failed attempt to remove the holster from a sitting position while wearing a jacket, gave a disgruntled grunt, removed the gun and buttoned up the jacket.

Once done, she got out and went over to the shop, fairly confident they'd have what she needed.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:49 pm

Adjan did not comment as you struggled to remove your holster, he was to polite to do so.
"I will wait here until you return."
He said and Miles said.
"If they have it could you pick up a small hex and medium polydrive screwdrivers while you are in there."
The other Etherite asked as he rummaged through his pockets for money for the tools he wanted.

You got to the shop it was fairly large and filled with tools, car equipment, gardening supplies and wood working supplies, anything one would need possibly need for DIY, garden projects or repairing cars. There where not allot of people in the shot right now, a bored teenager on an errand where putting some gardening supplies on the counter everything his mother would need to get her garden ready for winter. An elderly man stood in line with two screwdrivers in his hand and a very pregnant woman where browsing a display of hammers. Behind the counter stood a tattooed an in his late 40's with a bunch of rings in each ear and one in his nose to match, he sent the teenager on his way back to his mother with his arms full of gardening equipment, before he saw to ringing up the elderly gentleman's TV remote repairing tools.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:55 pm

Nicole gave a raised eyebrow at the request. 'You know that's a serious if. Normally they'll only have 'em in detachable heads. What's it for?' waiting for Miles to show his green.

On entering the shop, Nicole paused and looked around to get her bearings; giving a little smile as her nose encountered the distinctive, familiar smell - that odd mixture of woods, oils and plastics. Then, ignoring the allure to window-shop for tools and the like quickly moved to pick up what she needed to get.

Wood glue, old-school break fluid and latex gloves were simple enough. Quartz sand... a bit more tricky. Might have to improvise with high-end cat litter or at worst a dozen or so dehumidifiers.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:52 pm

"Is it not often in times of crisis the most profound experiences happen?" The Virtual Adept said as he looked up at you.

"That is something like what the Tytalus believe," he said with a nod. "I think there is truth there too...

"I do hope you are right though I would want to communicate with that crystal cave again." He said softly. "Yes I think I would like that very much."

He smiled. "Good."

"Yes...you are a protector...you have always been." Narim said and he smiled a little.

He tilted his head again, curious. "Oh?"

"Many religions, mine the ones you grew up with loose themselves to the idea of sin in a way that only give the powerful more power. My oldest sister where attacked in the street by three men, my father lost most prestige when he condemned the attack instead of blaming his daughter, a woman. I believe the Gods are not so cruel and that what we should do is try to be kind to one another and if we so do, then we live in a way that please them."

He frowned a bit as he discussed what happened to his sister and what the outcome of defending her had been. "I think that's more progressive..."

"Yes...the pineal gland are connected to both the sixth and the seventh Chakra, especially the seventh which are believed to be man's connection to the spiritual the link between spirit and flesh."

"Hrm...." he nodded at that, thinking about what he'd learned about the Technocratic view on pineal glands.

"I might have been able to help you there through I do not speak Persian or Urdu I know enough about the basic numbers." Narim said. "Languages are interesting, they are pathways for knowledge."

"Yes," he agreed.

"Yeah he's fine now. It was absolute chaos in that basement. When I got their Kyle was chanting and looked terrified while doing it. I managed to stop him from chanting and calm him down. Eventually had to put him to sleep since he was so freaked out by the whole thing. Freddy is with him now."

"Thank you for helping him," he said.

"I will drink some juice when I get back to my apartment, and I did nothing more than anyone here would do for one of their Chantrymates, if I got hurt I am sure Master Sharaya or Ty would help me." Rosa said and smiled then she looked a bit amused. "That is a good idea for teaching perhaps it is good then I am not in one of your classes."

He gave her a nod. "It is quite effective," he said, also amused.

He nodded, "The Handler, Dalisse, and the ship are bonded by mind and soul; if one is depressed, the other is, too - and the ship wants to fly free in the Deep Umbra. And Larson is denying them that. As for how long, I'm not certain - it's a bit of a walk yet, and getting in will take some time, if I'm to avoid detection and capture... As for how we're supposed to stop it - I would hazard our best bet is to take no action against the Aswadim itself, and stop Larson's binding ritual. Essentially, do not fire unless fired upon. We know of entrances, and I will do what I can to have the defenses lowered there... Rally the forces for the assault, and wait for my signal... Might take an hour, hour-and-a-half. Possibly less, possibly a little more... And good luck to us all."

"I see." He looked sideways towards the wall as he listened to Colin, then said, "I'll pass on the info and try to help ready us as soon as I can," he agreed. "Anything else you need?" Giving him concrete things to work on helped, he took the words as an informal set of orders and leveraged his mind back to action. He was worried about him, but he had hope and confidence in his friend as well - insane as his plan seemed. Despite the fact the room had several others in it by now, he found himself hugging Narim a bit tighter after that call. His face was even more ashen than it had been before but he gathered up his determination.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:38 pm

"I think I prefer the tea party."
Rose said and smiled a little.
"Are Jane and Liv ok, have they become scared by this situation?"
She asked.

"I don't think they know what happened. Their outside playing with Uncle Willard the cheating guardian spirit. Nico's looking after them." Serge said with a smile.

"I think most would prefer to avoid them Mr Yager, other than some types of acupuncture which can be quite relaxing and comfortable."
Richard said as he put three of his fingers on your wrist.
"Hum...you have had an episode of quite strong dehydration in your life, it have affected your Chi."
He muttered more to himself than to you.

Serge nodded in agreement, remembering the story he had told Mr. Bergen. He glanced down at his wrist to where Richard had apparently measured his chi. He enjoyed the mention of chi, remembering a character he had seen on a a tv show that used chi points to disable her enemies limbs. As Richard took his measurements he imagined himself as just such a fighter, effortlessly weaving his way though thousands and leaving everyone around him in awe.

"But you are all in all very healthy though you need to move your body more...now let us see blood..."
He said then he moved his hand to Rosa's wrist as well and nodded.
"You are blood type B meaning you are compatible. It will then be up to you if you will help out, if both you and Ty donate neither of you will be left in the weakened state that Miss Olsen is in, but it is up to you."

"I'll help out. Master Sharaya needs the blood and I got some. Drain away doc." Serge said as if that wasn't a question.

Jane did not look like she completely understood what you meant but she nodded non the less.
"So we are dense because we are full of blood and bone and organs and stuff and Uncle Willard is not dense because he is make of spirit stuff?"
She asked.
"That makes sense Sir."

"Yeah that's about right." Serge said simply.

Adley wrote:"Thank you for helping him," he said.

Serge simply nodded respectfully and let Adley carry on with helping the Master.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:46 pm

"Ba genetic memories Mr Steed?"
The pilot asked then he sigh.
"Perhaps you are right but unless an alternative to how to deal with the Fallen are found then I doubt they will stop using that Ritual but making it a public spectacle though that seams distasteful to me, it is a horrible thing and the sentenced should be allowed to go through it with a minimum of dignity."
Colin nodded, "Something of the sort..."

"Wait...wait if the woman had cleansed her Avatar that means she where no longer Fallen and you are saying she was still Gilgulled? That is an outrage are you saying double agents for the Nephandi did that...shit that is terrifying!"
Rodger exclaimed and he seamed quite shocked.
He nodded, "It is an outrage... And I suspect the Primi in judgment aren't Fallen agents, just manipulated by the Fallen agents..."

"I see." He looked sideways towards the wall as he listened to Colin, then said, "I'll pass on the info and try to help ready us as soon as I can," he agreed. "Anything else you need?" Giving him concrete things to work on helped, he took the words as an informal set of orders and leveraged his mind back to action. He was worried about him, but he had hope and confidence in his friend as well - insane as his plan seemed. Despite the fact the room had several others in it by now, he found himself hugging Narim a bit tighter after that call. His face was even more ashen than it had been before but he gathered up his determination.
He sighed, "A few more assurances of my success would be nice... I have an emergency exit, I don't think there's much more preparation I could get. I'll send a message if I uncover something more you need to know."

"I have no idea but whoever it is deserve to spend some time as Prelatus Garbriel's hobby project, perhaps he will finally be able to train that apprentice of his into learning to be an actual Nephanda, she is twelve it is about time she show some initiative."
The guard said and frowned.
He shrugged, "Devourer of Fetuses was captured by the Traditions, it seems... and nobody has seen Gabriel since he brought a team to the Mercere Chantry in Gary."

The guard screamed as the bullet entered her back then she fell to the ground in a heap and started convulsing on the ground, tears rolled down her face and she muttered to herself as she sobbed uncontrollably, she was still alive if just barely but she was incapacitated as she sobbed on the ground from far more than the pain of her wound.
He took a few steps over to the woman and knelt down beside her, reaching a hand down to strangle her, "I am sorry, but this is the best I can do for you... I can't afford you announcing my arrival, and this is the only mercy I can offer you. We'll have to stop this scheme, and you... well, you'll get to reincarnate. Perhaps next time, you'll be reborn under better circumstances, able to bring your Avatar back to the light."
He made sure she was dead before he let go, "Rest in peace, miss... and good luck."
Then he steeled himself and made his way toward the entrance, keeping a wary eye out for others... Hopefully, nobody had heard - or recognized - the gunshot. On the way, he tapped out a quick message to Adley, "Don't respond, L.L. has obtained blood sample from grandson of Big Nasty, from son's family doctor, who was tortured to that end. No ID on anyone. If Big Nasty's descendant can be ID'd, rendering the blood sample useless might be viable. Possible they don't yet know what happened in Chicago."

((OOC: Hee, hee, Paul Revere... The British are coming, indeed. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:11 pm

Nicole:

Nicole gave a raised eyebrow at the request. 'You know that's a serious if. Normally they'll only have 'em in detachable heads. What's it for?' waiting for Miles to show his green.

Miles handed a few bills over to you enough to cover the cost of the tools he wanted.
"Detachable heads are ok but I prefer solid piece screwdrivers."
He said then he shrugged.
"I am modifying a drone, with various parts I got cheap of ebay. I do think it could end up being useful, unless it ends up being to heavy to fly, then it will be less useful."

On entering the shop, Nicole paused and looked around to get her bearings; giving a little smile as her nose encountered the distinctive, familiar smell - that odd mixture of woods, oils and plastics. Then, ignoring the allure to window-shop for tools and the like quickly moved to pick up what she needed to get.

Wood glue, old-school break fluid and latex gloves were simple enough. Quartz sand... a bit more tricky. Might have to improvise with high-end cat litter or at worst a dozen or so dehumidifiers.

They had everything you where looking for but the sand, they had quartz chips and they could be ground down into powder though, but that would mean quite a bit more work. They did not have cat sand either here but they had some decorative white sand meant for potted plants.

Serge and Adley:

"That is something like what the Tytalus believe," he said with a nod. "I think there is truth there too...

"Not all, but most of our kind have a story to tell, not all of it is tragic off course but they Awakened after facing adversity of some kind, challenges can be a powerful but also painful teacher."
Narim said and nodded.

He smiled. "Good."

The Virtual Adept smiled a little at that.

He tilted his head again, curious. "Oh?"

"From the first time I saw you, even before you Awakened you where always the first to rush to the other Chantry members defense, and there was always a pride in your eyes when you where on guard duty or your Mentor asked for your aid...I like that about you..."
Narim said and smiled softly.
"Protecting others seam to be natural to you."

He frowned a bit as he discussed what happened to his sister and what the outcome of defending her had been. "I think that's more progressive..."

"My father was a progressive man he believed that religion had to grow and evolve to stay relevant and continue to be a path to enlightenment and not a shackle and I agree with him. I wish you could have met him, I think you would have liked him."
Narim said proudly.

"Hrm...." he nodded at that, thinking about what he'd learned about the Technocratic view on pineal glands.

"I guess it is not exactly the Hermetic view of things, but perhaps there are one part of our bodies where our Avatars make contact with us."
He said he was still holding your hand gently.

"Yes," he agreed.

"Well I will get good use of my rather rusty Japanese when my new apprentice Awakens and moves here."
Narim said, at least talking of these things kept his mind off the darkness.
"I have to admit to being terrified if I will be able to protect and teach her well enough."

He gave her a nod. "It is quite effective," he said, also amused.

"I have no doubt Mr Roth Hicks."
Rosa said and grinned.

Despite the fact the room had several others in it by now, he found himself hugging Narim a bit tighter after that call. His face was even more ashen than it had been before but he gathered up his determination.

Narim rested his head against you for a moment, he was to tired to keep up appearances or be embarrassed, he lifted his recently healed han and very gently touched your face, careful not to get blood on your cheeks.
"We will survive this."
He said softly as he realized the phone call you had gotten where not good news.
"We will find a way to deal with it and then we will sit down over a meal and talk...or if we are to tired to do that we will just sit somewhere together and just be alive..."
He promised.
"We will prevail we have to."

"I don't think they know what happened. Their outside playing with Uncle Willard the cheating guardian spirit. Nico's looking after them." Serge said with a smile.

"That is good, I do not want the girls to be scared."
Rosa said then she raised an eyebrow.
"Our guardian spirit cheats?"

"I'll help out. Master Sharaya needs the blood and I got some. Drain away doc." Serge said as if that wasn't a question.

"Thank you Mr Yager."
Richard said as he pulled on a fresh pair of gloves and found the equipment he needed from his bag.
"Since time is a little less of an issue now I will numb your arm before I start working, it is not to painful either way but it do make it easier, please do not get alarmed."
He said as he quickly pressed several points on your right arm and shoulder, your arm started feeling rather numb, cold and tingly but it was not really uncomfortable it just felt like it ha fallen asleep, then once he had numbed your arm Richard started working, quickly finding a vein and placing a rather worryingly large needle with practiced ease, there where no pain though, just slight pressure as the procedure begun.

"Yeah that's about right." Serge said simply.

"Jay I like learning things Sir!"
Jane said happily.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Something of the sort..."

Rodger gave you a uneasy look but did not continue talking on that particular topic.

He nodded, "It is an outrage... And I suspect the Primi in judgment aren't Fallen agents, just manipulated by the Fallen agents..."

"This go all the way up to the Nine...shit if that is true there will be quite a bit of noise in the Traditions soon, quite a bit os noise indeed."
He said and frowned.

He shrugged, "Devourer of Fetuses was captured by the Traditions, it seems... and nobody has seen Gabriel since he brought a team to the Mercere Chantry in Gary."

"A bunch of Mercere could not possibly have taken out a Prelatus, most of them do not even practice magick."
The guard declared.
"It is a shame about the girl, you know what the rumors say happens to those captured by the Traditions, that is some fucked up shit..."
She said and shuddered.
"Do you think it is true...I mean what they say the Traditions do to us if they can get their hands on us I mean?"

He took a few steps over to the woman and knelt down beside her, reaching a hand down to strangle her, "I am sorry, but this is the best I can do for you... I can't afford you announcing my arrival, and this is the only mercy I can offer you. We'll have to stop this scheme, and you... well, you'll get to reincarnate. Perhaps next time, you'll be reborn under better circumstances, able to bring your Avatar back to the light."
He made sure she was dead before he let go, "Rest in peace, miss... and good luck."

The Nephanda looked at you, she was scared, and sad and not comprehending what was happening, she fought your grip weakly but she was wounded and still unsettled but whatever Anna's sand had done to you so she could offer little resistance and could just grunt and whimper pitifully as her body shook under your grip, luckily it did not take long, she was to weak to fight and the bullet had entered her right lung and soon she went limp under you, shuddering a few more times and then she was still.

Then he steeled himself and made his way toward the entrance, keeping a wary eye out for others... Hopefully, nobody had heard - or recognized - the gunshot. On the way, he tapped out a quick message to Adley, "Don't respond, L.L. has obtained blood sample from grandson of Big Nasty, from son's family doctor, who was tortured to that end. No ID on anyone. If Big Nasty's descendant can be ID'd, rendering the blood sample useless might be viable. Possible they don't yet know what happened in Chicago."

You reached a small hatch and got inside the massive ship you where now in a corridor made of white, diseased looked flesh, there where no one here at least, in the end of the corridor there where three doors made of some sort of hardened membrane.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:45 pm

A sigh at the chips; grinding it up would be effort - and the finding of a mortar and pestle - but would still be quicker than pulling apart a load of dehumidifiers. So grabbed the bits she needed in the quantities required, then went over to the toolrack to see if they had those screwdrivers.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:03 pm

"This go all the way up to the Nine...shit if that is true there will be quite a bit of noise in the Traditions soon, quite a bit os noise indeed."
He said and frowned.
Colin nodded sagely, "We are approaching a crossroad. I would not be surprised if several Primi were to retire from their Seats... for one reason or another."

"A bunch of Mercere could not possibly have taken out a Prelatus, most of them do not even practice magick."
The guard declared.
"It is a shame about the girl, you know what the rumors say happens to those captured by the Traditions, that is some fucked up shit..."
She said and shuddered.
"Do you think it is true...I mean what they say the Traditions do to us if they can get their hands on us I mean?"
He nodded, "No, the Mercere were chanceless. It would seem a Technocrat strike force showed up. They were... not as chanceless."
He frowned, "And yes, what the Traditions do... it's true. Almost without exception, I hear."

The Nephanda looked at you, she was scared, and sad and not comprehending what was happening, she fought your grip weakly but she was wounded and still unsettled but whatever Anna's sand had done to you so she could offer little resistance and could just grunt and whimper pitifully as her body shook under your grip, luckily it did not take long, she was to weak to fight and the bullet had entered her right lung and soon she went limp under you, shuddering a few more times and then she was still.
He dragged a tired hand across his face, then closed her eyes, "Rest in peace..."

You reached a small hatch and got inside the massive ship you where now in a corridor made of white, diseased looked flesh, there where no one here at least, in the end of the corridor there where three doors made of some sort of hardened membrane.
He frowned and looked from one door to another, then looked around for an ear or eye. If he could contact Dalisse before he wandered into the heart of the creature, that might reveal a safer path...
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:19 pm

"That is good, I do not want the girls to be scared."
Rosa said then she raised an eyebrow.
"Our guardian spirit cheats?"

"Yeah! Him and the girls were playing tag, but he's flying while the girls have to follow gravity's dumb laws! That's not fair..." Serge said jokingly.

"Thank you Mr Yager."
Richard said as he pulled on a fresh pair of gloves and found the equipment he needed from his bag.
"Since time is a little less of an issue now I will numb your arm before I start working, it is not to painful either way but it do make it easier, please do not get alarmed."
He said as he quickly pressed several points on your right arm and shoulder, your arm started feeling rather numb, cold and tingly but it was not really uncomfortable it just felt like it ha fallen asleep, then once he had numbed your arm Richard started working, quickly finding a vein and placing a rather worryingly large needle with practiced ease, there where no pain though, just slight pressure as the procedure begun.

"Ugh...being numbed always feels weird." Serge said as his arm was numbed, having experience similar things at the dentist.

He remained silent through the procedure, mostly out of fear that his ramblings might distract the doctor, and looked away as his arm was being drained not particularly fond of seeing the bright red liquid being drawn out of him.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:54 am

Nicole:

A sigh at the chips; grinding it up would be effort - and the finding of a mortar and pestle - but would still be quicker than pulling apart a load of dehumidifiers. So grabbed the bits she needed in the quantities required, then went over to the toolrack to see if they had those screwdrivers.

The store did have quite a selection of screwdrivers and you found the ones that Miles wanted in the tools fo game machine repair section, there apparently where some benefit to the popularity of retro game machines, they needed maintenance which meant specialty tools where easier to come by.

Colin:

Colin nodded sagely, "We are approaching a crossroad. I would not be surprised if several Primi were to retire from their Seats... for one reason or another."

"What you are talking about is quite an upheaval Mr Steed, then again if that can lead to our Traditions becoming more fair then perhaps it is worth it."
Rodger said but he still frowned.

He nodded, "No, the Mercere were chanceless. It would seem a Technocrat strike force showed up. They were... not as chanceless."

"Bloody Technocracy fuck them!"
The guard exclaimed.
"Well I guess it makes wat we did to a Technocrat we captured last Saturday even more satisfying."
She added with a cruel, contented smile.

He frowned, "And yes, what the Traditions do... it's true. Almost without exception, I hear."

"Shit...fuck...shit...!"
The Nephanda said and the smile vanished from her face and where replaced with a look of horror.
"I guess it is time to start carrying around a cyanide pill or something I mean the Traddies are sure to try something, they have been meddling in our affairs all week the fucking bastards!"

He frowned and looked from one door to another, then looked around for an ear or eye. If he could contact Dalisse before he wandered into the heart of the creature, that might reveal a safer path...

There where an eye close to one of the doors, it opened at you got close and started bleeding puss as it observed you, when you moved further into the Labyrinth you felt something press down on your magick, an then block you from it, the place where warded and you where an intruder.

Serge:

"Yeah! Him and the girls were playing tag, but he's flying while the girls have to follow gravity's dumb laws! That's not fair..." Serge said jokingly.

That made Rosa laugh despite how weak she was.
"No that is not fair at all, then again I am not sure Uncle Willard completely get the point of tag, I hear Umbroods think very differently from us."
The young Cultist said and she glanced towards Adley for confirmation of what she was saying.

"Ugh...being numbed always feels weird." Serge said as his arm was numbed, having experience similar things at the dentist.

He remained silent through the procedure, mostly out of fear that his ramblings might distract the doctor, and looked away as his arm was being drained not particularly fond of seeing the bright red liquid being drawn out of him.

"If you prefer I can undo it Mr Yager, I usually offer some form of anesthetic when using larger gauge needles, but I do have patients who dislike the feeling of being numb more than the pain."
Richard offered before he started working.
"I would take the numbness if I where you."
Rosa said and grimaced before she rubbed her arm under the bandage. Richard gave her a stern look.
"Leave it be to heal, you may press down on it but not rub."
He instructed and Rosa sigh.
"Yes doctor."

As you sat there being drained of some of your blood there where a tap at the door and Ty poked his head in an then swore at the mess on the floor.
"I where needed?"
He asked.
"What can I do to help, how is Master Sharaya doing?"
He asked and Narim managed a weak smile.
"I am getting better...tank you Mr Smithson."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:15 am

Nicole grabbed the screwdrivers, then did the hurrying-shuffle thing when you've realised you should have got a basket but didn't, but the counter was nearer than said baskets. And you were too lazy to put the stuff down, go and get a basket, then come back to load it up.

[Serves Serge right for having a rare blood group.]
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:24 am

That made Rosa laugh despite how weak she was.
"No that is not fair at all, then again I am not sure Uncle Willard completely get the point of tag, I hear Umbroods think very differently from us."
The young Cultist said and she glanced towards Adley for confirmation of what she was saying.

"Eh, theirs a lot of things we do that spirits don't get and theirs a lot of things spirits do that we don't get. It's a beautiful balance of ignorance." Serge said with a shrug.

"Granted Uncle Willard probably understands the ancient roots of the game. Isn't he a really old spirit?" he inquired.  

"If you prefer I can undo it Mr Yager, I usually offer some form of anesthetic when using larger gauge needles, but I do have patients who dislike the feeling of being numb more than the pain."
Richard offered before he started working.
"I would take the numbness if I where you."
Rosa said and grimaced before she rubbed her arm under the bandage. Richard gave her a stern look.
"Leave it be to heal, you may press down on it but not rub."
He instructed and Rosa sigh.
"Yes doctor."

"I choose numbness. I'm more familiar with that feeling than pointy needles." Serge said with a smile recalling the many times his limbs had fallen asleep while he was blissfully watching tv or daydreaming his next artistic adventure.

As you sat there being drained of some of your blood there where a tap at the door and Ty poked his head in an then swore at the mess on the floor.
"I where needed?"
He asked.
"What can I do to help, how is Master Sharaya doing?"
He asked and Narim managed a weak smile.
"I am getting better...thank you Mr Smithson."

"He needs some vampire food." Serge said humorously gesturing to his arm while it was being drained of blood.

"Since your here we can share the burden. So grab a seat, get your arm numbed and let the good doctor work his magick, both literally and figuratively." Serge said talking more than usual to try and distract himself from his numbed arm.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:58 am

Nicole:

Nicole grabbed the screwdrivers, then did the hurrying-shuffle thing when you've realised you should have got a basket but didn't, but the counter was nearer than said baskets. And you were too lazy to put the stuff down, go and get a basket, then come back to load it up.

You got to the register, the man behind the counter begun to ring up your merchandise when he got to the sack of quartz chips he said.
"If you are making orgonite lady we do have a special on copper shavings and wire as well, and over there we have an excellent selection of silicone molds for all kinds of arts and crafts stuff."
He recommended as he put your things in a paper bag for you.
"Will there be anything else Miss?"

Serge:

"Eh, theirs a lot of things we do that spirits don't get and theirs a lot of things spirits do that we don't get. It's a beautiful balance of ignorance." Serge said with a shrug.

"Granted Uncle Willard probably understands the ancient roots of the game. Isn't he a really old spirit?" he inquired.

"It is hard to say how old Uncle Willard is, I mean I mam not even sure something like age matters anything to a spirit. From what I have been told he looks like an angle the way they where envisioned i the late middle ages and early Renaissance, that being a tall, white, blond man with big white feathery wings and wearing golden armor, that might indicate that he came into being around the same time as those depictions became popular but his form could have changed later as the Consensus changed as well."
Rosa said and she glanced to Adley since the young Hermetic would be able to explain this to Serge far better than she herself could.

"I choose numbness. I'm more familiar with that feeling than pointy needles." Serge said with a smile recalling the many times his limbs had fallen asleep while he was blissfully watching tv or daydreaming his next artistic adventure.

"Good choice."
Rosa said.
"He did not have the time to numb me before inserting the needle and it was not to comfortable."
Rosa said an grimaced. Narim looked over at her.
"I am sorry for the discomfort Miss Olsen."
He said but Rosa shook her head.
"Oh don't worry about it Master Sharaya it was not that bad not to worry."
She said Richard looked at you.
"Very well, just try to relax then Mr Yager this will not take to long."

"He needs some vampire food." Serge said humorously gesturing to his arm while it was being drained of blood.

"Since your here we can share the burden. So grab a seat, get your arm numbed and let the good doctor work his magick, both literally and figuratively." Serge said talking more than usual to try and distract himself from his numbed arm.

Ty smiled a little at your joke and entered the now rather crowded little office.
"I do not need to have my arm numbed, I would rather have a short moment of pain as the needle is put into place than feel out of my skin as sorts, I am rather used to donating blood."
The Akashic said then he glanced over at Adley.
"I know, I know from a Hermetic point of view a mage should not do that, leave his blood with strangers but my blood type is rare and I like to help if I can and besides I like to talk with one of the nurses down at the blood bank."
Ty said and grinned a little.

Richard finished up with drawing a bag of blood from your arm and he gently pulled the needle out and put a cotton swap against the tiny wound.
"Please keep pressure on it Mr Yager, the numbness in your arm will soon pass and then you will be a little sore I will try to get the time to heal your arm later."
The doctor said then he asked.
"Can you do me a favor though and take Miss Olson back to her room, make her lay down on the sofa and make sure she do not get to cold then you should both have some juice and something light to eat, I will check in on you later."
The doctor said as he hung the bag with your blook frim a lamp and attatched a tube between it and the IV he had put into Narim's arm.
"Miss Olsen have lost quite a bit of blood and needs to rest."
Richard explained.
"So it would be a great help if you could see to her and both of you be gentle with the arm I used until I can heal them."

(OOC: Yeah he should have told his parents to give him a more common one. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:39 am

'That? Doing a little bit of sandblasting, I am. Need to wreck up a couple of bricks so they match the wall.' Nicole replied lazily on the advice. An old habit; to always have a boring, mundane reason for the purchases.

'No, think that's everything.' pulling out her wallet to pay, then to head back to the car.

[It was either Serge, Adley or an NPC; as Nicole and Colin couldn't do it.]
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:22 pm

"What you are talking about is quite an upheaval Mr Steed, then again if that can lead to our Traditions becoming more fair then perhaps it is worth it."
Rodger said but he still frowned.
Colin nodded, "And perhaps the promise of the First Cabal can finally be accomplished - unity, rather than a makeshift war council busy herding cats..."

"Bloody Technocracy fuck them!"
The guard exclaimed.
"Well I guess it makes wat we did to a Technocrat we captured last Saturday even more satisfying."
She added with a cruel, contented smile.
He arched an eyebrow, "Yesterday or a week ago? Ah, no matter, if there's anything left, I'm sure I'll get to see..."

"Shit...fuck...shit...!"
The Nephanda said and the smile vanished from her face and where replaced with a look of horror.
"I guess it is time to start carrying around a cyanide pill or something I mean the Traddies are sure to try something, they have been meddling in our affairs all week the fucking bastards!"
He shook his head, "Cyanide pills are a bad choice - especially if there's a capable healer present. Shit takes upwards of thirty minutes to kill, it's painful, and unlike Hollywood portrays it, you can be dragged back from death's door. A bullet through the brainstem is quicker and safer..."

There where an eye close to one of the doors, it opened at you got close and started bleeding puss as it observed you, when you moved further into the Labyrinth you felt something press down on your magick, an then block you from it, the place where warded and you where an intruder.
He looked at the eye, then pulled out pen and wrote a quick note in his notebook, holding it up to the eye to read, 'Handler Dalisse, I come bearing gifts. I don't mind the ward, but would you kindly grant me safe passage to meet you? Sincerely, Muad'Dib.'
Then he held up the copy of Dune before slipping it back in the bag.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top