The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:57 pm

"I will be polite then and inquire no further on this matter."
Dalisse said and she smiled a little.
"I assume you would want to keep that bit of information close to your chest as I assume the Traditions will not be happy if they find out."
She said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "No, there would not be unbridled joy across Horizon. Some know, and are glad or at least neutral - mostly individuals who know me quite well after several years before anyone - me included - even knew. I will not go down undefended, should it come out... but I don't precisely think I would get away unscathed, either."

"Sometimes a favorable opinion or a favor owed might be worth more than an prince paid in gold."
Dalisse said.
"And no I do not think you would keep such a method from those who really need it."
She said and smiled.
He grinned, "Much more than gold. Coin can open a door once, but favour can keep the door open and the guards giving salute."

"I will stay for as long as I can."
She promised then she looked alarmed for a moment.
"Someone is coming this way Colin!"
She warned.
"You better hide just to be sure."
He nodded and checked that nothing conspicuous still lay out to show his presence, then slipped into the bedchamber, Parma raised, and gently sat down on the bed, pistol drawn and ready. He pondered for a few moments, then fit the Time-aspected monocle into place and muttered a quiet "Futurum spectare", giving himself a look a few seconds into the future.

((OOC: Arete roll for a very simple T2-effect: 3,5,6 - and throwing in the spare success I had from earlier for good measure. Won't last forever, but it should last long enough, unless that Nephandus decides to throw a tea party for a few hours in the Handler's chamber. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:25 pm

"I do not like Paradox one bit Sir."
Jane said and pouted.
"It is all mean. I have been Paradox sick once that was not any fun."
he said and Cava shook her head.
"I have not experienced Paradox yet I am still on the third degree just Awakened, but I hear it is no fun."

"It's not fun at all." Serge said with a shake of his head. "It stops us from doing cool stuff that other people believe shouldn't happen."

"I have never met them Sir but my Mentor say they are powerful and wise so they must be nice right?"
Jane said innocently an Cava nodded.
"One of them, the Seat of Forces visited my Chantry once but that was before I was born."
She chimed in.

"Imagine the type of spells those guys could cast. They could probably make an entire village appear our of nowhere or turn en elephant into a skyscraper with a snap of their fingers." Serge said greatly exaggerating what could or should be done with magick.

"I want to draw the cat spaceship!"
Cava exclaimed as she reached for a pink pencil. Liv said something and Jane translated.
"Liv says she want to draw the mage tower and make it purple, it have to be purple, and I want to draw monsters in the forest."
The young Chorister said. As you sat there drawing with the little mage girls you hear a soft tapping at the door. Jane looked in that direction.
"Should I go and see who it is Sir?"

Serge snapped his head in the direction of the door. They weren't expecting anyone else so Serge wasn't sure who was on the other side of the door and was a little worried.

"Nah, you can stay here and draw Jane. I'm supposed to be taking care of you. I can go and get it." Serge said as he rose up and headed towards the door.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:36 am

Serge:

"It's not fun at all." Serge said with a shake of his head. "It stops us from doing cool stuff that other people believe shouldn't happen."

"Yeah I learned in school it was the Technocracy who ade Paradox be such a problem for us."
Cava said.
"I do not like them, not one bit."

"Imagine the type of spells those guys could cast. They could probably make an entire village appear our of nowhere or turn en elephant into a skyscraper with a snap of their fingers." Serge said greatly exaggerating what could or should be done with magick.

"Well the first Primi did create all of Horizon the planet, the city, the sea and suns all of it so I guess they probably can do the things you say Sir."
Jane said and nodded. Cava looked from you to Jane with her eyes huge.

Serge snapped his head in the direction of the door. They weren't expecting anyone else so Serge wasn't sure who was on the other side of the door and was a little worried.

"Nah, you can stay here and draw Jane. I'm supposed to be taking care of you. I can go and get it." Serge said as he rose up and headed towards the door.

"Ok Sir I will draw in the meantime then."
Jane said and nodded. You got to the door and there where three people outside, one where your uncle, with him he had a very tall dark haired man with scars from combat all over his face, wearing a smart suit, the second person there where a pretty young teenage girl, she was Asian with long black hair in a ponytail and wearing a pink sweater and green pants.
"Hello Serge, do you got a moment?"
Your uncle said politely.
"This is Master Boz Hermes bani Janissary he is young Miss Bergen's teacher and this is young woman is Dr Lee's sister Qiū Yu Die."
He said and both of the magi gave you polite bows.
"I was told Master Boz's apprentice where here."
Your Uncle finished.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "No, there would not be unbridled joy across Horizon. Some know, and are glad or at least neutral - mostly individuals who know me quite well after several years before anyone - me included - even knew. I will not go down undefended, should it come out... but I don't precisely think I would get away unscathed, either."

"There is allot of bad blood with what happened all those many years ago."
Dalisse said then she sigh.
"Well I do hope you will stay safe Colin and keep your secret safe as well."

He grinned, "Much more than gold. Coin can open a door once, but favour can keep the door open and the guards giving salute."

"That is very true."
The Handler said simply.

He nodded and checked that nothing conspicuous still lay out to show his presence, then slipped into the bedchamber, Parma raised, and gently sat down on the bed, pistol drawn and ready. He pondered for a few moments, then fit the Time-aspected monocle into place and muttered a quiet "Futurum spectare", giving himself a look a few seconds into the future.

Dalisse's bedchamber where simple there where a bed there covered in red sheets, a table stand filled with books, a wash stand and a soft carpet on the floor as well as a cabinet for her clothes, everything here where old. So far your future vision showed nothing much and it seamed the Nephandus who opened the door and came to visit Dalisse where staying out of the curtained of chamber you where in.
"We have had some trouble Handler are everything o with you?"
You heard a male voice and Dalisse replied.
"Yes I noticed a dead guard."
The Handler said simply.
"We suspect the Traditions are coming for us, do you need more of an guard?"
The man asked he sounded scared.
"No I will be fine Vroca."
Dalisse replied.

Adley:

He nodded. “Thank you," he said and wrote out to show him, West campus of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for the dowser.. "Detailed as we can get, rooms and the floors...I can come with,“ he added. Antonio's room had lost its guardian and the kid had a shock, he suddenly recalled. "We need to make haste though."

"Very well Sir."
Andrew said as he begun to search for the map needed on his phone,the kid looked fairly well now but he still had a bit of fear in his eyes as he walked towards the stairs and his Mentor's room with you.
"You want a map of the hospital as well right with the room lay out and not just the area surrounding it?"
The young scribe asked.

Nicole:

I know that, and it was the "perhaps" part.' Nicole replied, rolling her eyes as she moved to present the offending streaks towards him. 'And going in like jerks increases chances they'll end up with a brown-pants situation.'

Antonio painted words onto the streaks of your hair and the color faded before your eyes.
"This will not last more tha an hour or two, I could make it permanent but it would take more work."
Antonio said as he put his paintbrush away.
"Ok that should be all of them Miss, as for how we go in, I will defer to your jugeent then, we go in as you say as ehm...jerks."
The Hermetic agreed and he nodded slightly.

'But it's your call. Merely the way I'd do it, that's all.'

"Shouting and kicking down the door it is then."
The Hermetic said and he checked his weapon again.
"You and me up front then Miss and the others following behind?"
He asked as he got out of the car.

(OOC: Sorry for the time it took me to reply I spent most of last evening bent over the loo, when am I going to learn I can not have fatty food Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:22 am

"There is allot of bad blood with what happened all those many years ago."
Dalisse said then she sigh.
"Well I do hope you will stay safe Colin and keep your secret safe as well."
Colin nodded, "I will try my best. I think talking with you about it is fairly safe, though - I really can't see a future where you come running to the Traditions to tell everything... and I don't think anyone could capture you alive to interrogate, either."

Dalisse's bedchamber where simple there where a bed there covered in red sheets, a table stand filled with books, a wash stand and a soft carpet on the floor as well as a cabinet for her clothes, everything here where old. So far your future vision showed nothing much and it seamed the Nephandus who opened the door and came to visit Dalisse where staying out of the curtained of chamber you where in.
"We have had some trouble Handler are everything o with you?"
You heard a male voice and Dalisse replied.
"Yes I noticed a dead guard."
The Handler said simply.
"We suspect the Traditions are coming for us, do you need more of an guard?"
The man asked he sounded scared.
"No I will be fine Vroca."
Dalisse replied.
He sat still - the Parma helped provide a rare calm under the circumstances - keeping his eyes and gun trained on the curtain in both present and imminent future. This Vroca didn't necessarily sound like an altogether bad person, considering the circumstances, since he offered increased protection for the Handler rather than abuse... all the same, it was an enemy which would have to be taken down if the situation called for it. For now, though - live and let live.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:54 pm

Anja's Post:
Antonio painted words onto the streaks of your hair and the color faded before your eyes.
"This will not last more tha an hour or two, I could make it permanent but it would take more work."
Antonio said as he put his paintbrush away.
"Ok that should be all of them Miss, as for how we go in, I will defer to your judgement then, we go in as you say as ehm...jerks."
The Hermetic agreed and he nodded slightly.

"Shouting and kicking down the door it is then."
The Hermetic said and he checked his weapon again.
"You and me up front then Miss and the others following behind?"
He asked as he got out of the car.

'After a couple of hours, think it won't matter either way, I do.' Nicole replied, looking at the Hermetic's handiwork in the visor's small mirror for a moment.

Nodding to Antonio's words as she got out of the car, pistol in hand. 'Let's do this shit, then.'

[No worries!]
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:35 pm

Nicole:

'After a couple of hours, think it won't matter either way, I do.' Nicole replied, looking at the Hermetic's handiwork in the visor's small mirror for a moment.

The dye had faded completely from your hair leaving lighter color stripes, the dye had faded but beach changed the hair itself and the lightening effect of that was left, then again most employers would not care much about some highlights in the hair as long as they where not in some crazy color. Antonio just nodded to your words.

Nodding to Antonio's words as she got out of the car, pistol in hand. 'Let's do this shit, then.'

The others got out of the car as well and readied their weapons .
"Yes indeed lets."
Antonio said as he wanted for you and then begun to walk at a brisk pace towards the run down auto shop, you saw a woman checking her mail box just down the street but when she saw your group she quickly ran back into her house and locked the doors. Antonio looked at you and motioned for you to do the talking or lead the way as you frankly had more experience with this than him.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "I will try my best. I think talking with you about it is fairly safe, though - I really can't see a future where you come running to the Traditions to tell everything... and I don't think anyone could capture you alive to interrogate, either."

"I have no reason to tell the Traditions about anything Colin and much less your secrets and no I will not be taken alive...but if I am there is few reasons why they if they decide to torture me would ask about you in any detail and I will not volunteer any information."
The Handler said and frowned.

He sat still - the Parma helped provide a rare calm under the circumstances - keeping his eyes and gun trained on the curtain in both present and imminent future. This Vroca didn't necessarily sound like an altogether bad person, considering the circumstances, since he offered increased protection for the Handler rather than abuse... all the same, it was an enemy which would have to be taken down if the situation called for it. For now, though - live and let live.

Vroca sigh and said.
"If you are sure Handler Dalisse...I am concerned though, there are rumors that Giledian Abigail's Labyrinth where taken down in Chicago, I do not want ours to be next."
The Nephandus said and Dalisse replied.
"Well we are at war Vroca but also well protected."
Vroca sigh again.
"Very well I will continue my rounds but give word if you sense an intruder, here or anywhere else in the Labyrinth."
"I will do so, stay safe Vroca."
"Ehm...how are your hand after...?"
"It is getting better."
"Good I will be off then."
You heard the large doors to the Handler's chamber open again and after a little while Dalisse called softly to you.
"The coast is clear Colin."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:47 pm

Nicole moved at Antonio's speed, eyeing up the target as they approached. Looking for a door which to open, or if needs be destroy...
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:51 pm

There where two large windows in front of the building they where covered by yellowed newspaper, there where paint peeling of the walls, between the windows there where a door it was closed though, there where also the workshop area in the back the garage door was open and there might be a passage between the garage and the main building.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:51 pm

"Ok Sir I will draw in the meantime then."
Jane said and nodded. You got to the door and there where three people outside, one where your uncle, with him he had a very tall dark haired man with scars from combat all over his face, wearing a smart suit, the second person there where a pretty young teenage girl, she was Asian with long black hair in a ponytail and wearing a pink sweater and green pants.
"Hello Serge, do you got a moment?"
Your uncle said politely.
"This is Master Boz Hermes bani Janissary he is young Miss Bergen's teacher and this is young woman is Dr Lee's sister Qiū Yu Die."
He said and both of the magi gave you polite bows.

Serge nodded respectfully at all the two elder mages that were standing in front of him, quickly taking a glance of the combat scars on Master Boz, with a mixture of fear and admiration painted on his face, before quickly looking away as to not be rude.

"It's nice to meet all of you." Serge said politely.

"I was told Master Boz's apprentice where here."
Your Uncle finished.

"Uh yeah. Your talking about Liv right? She's here. We're just drawing some pictures." he said opening the door a bit to show the three mages that his words were true.

"Is she leaving?" Serge asked innocently.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:50 pm

"I have no reason to tell the Traditions about anything Colin and much less your secrets and no I will not be taken alive...but if I am there is few reasons why they if they decide to torture me would ask about you in any detail and I will not volunteer any information."
The Handler said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "If it is any comfort, I suspect you are too physically frail to endure much torture... Skilled though they may be, your body would give in long before they could break your mind."

Vroca sigh and said.
"If you are sure Handler Dalisse...I am concerned though, there are rumors that Giledian Abigail's Labyrinth where taken down in Chicago, I do not want ours to be next."
The Nephandus said and Dalisse replied.
"Well we are at war Vroca but also well protected."
Vroca sigh again.
"Very well I will continue my rounds but give word if you sense an intruder, here or anywhere else in the Labyrinth."
"I will do so, stay safe Vroca."
"Ehm...how are your hand after...?"
"It is getting better."
"Good I will be off then."
You heard the large doors to the Handler's chamber open again and after a little while Dalisse called softly to you.
"The coast is clear Colin."
He stood up again and stepped through the curtain, scanning the room quickly before pocketing the gun again, "Vroca is one of the gentler individuals here, is he not? Good thing that I am here by invitation, I guess, so you didn't have to lie to his face..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:12 pm

Serge:

Serge nodded respectfully at all the two elder mages that were standing in front of him, quickly taking a glance of the combat scars on Master Boz, with a mixture of fear and admiration painted on his face, before quickly looking away as to not be rude.

"It's nice to meet all of you." Serge said politely.

"You are Mr Yeger correct? I was told you have been caring for my student while she have been at this Chantry my gratitude."
Master Boz said in a somewhat shaky English.
"May I see her please I have been quite concerned for her safety."

Yu Die smiled to you.
"It is very nice to meet you Sir."
She said politely.

"Uh yeah. Your talking about Liv right? She's here. We're just drawing some pictures." he said opening the door a bit to show the three mages that his words were true.

Liv when she saw who was at the door put her purple coloring pencil down and rushed towards the grizzly old war mage and hugged him. Master Boz fondly patted the young mage's head and spoke to her in Latin. Jane and Cava also glanced towards the door but they where more shy and looked down nervously.

"Is she leaving?" Serge asked innocently.

"Not quite yet Serge Master Boz is here to pick up his apprentice however when he heard about the trouble we have been having he offered to lend his strength to our war efforts."
Your uncle said and he looked at the war mage and his young apprentice.
"And on that note I would appreciate it if you could keep and eye on Miss Bergen for a little while longer, and also do you have room for one more?"
He asked and indicated Yu Die.
"Our enemies have spoken of an interest in gaining leverage on hers and Dr Lee's Mentor so the young lady needs to be kept safe as well."
Your uncle explained.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "If it is any comfort, I suspect you are too physically frail to endure much torture... Skilled though they may be, your body would give in long before they could break your mind."

Dalisse sigh and nodded.
"I suspect you are right Colin, though the thought is not a comfortable one, these mutations have left me frail and unable to endure much physical punishment."
She said and she looked down at her long, thin, webbed fingers.

He stood up again and stepped through the curtain, scanning the room quickly before pocketing the gun again, "Vroca is one of the gentler individuals here, is he not? Good thing that I am here by invitation, I guess, so you didn't have to lie to his face..."

Again you where alone with Dalisse in her wast chamber. The Handler looked sad and nodded.
"He is, while he wholeheartedly believe in the modern Nephandi creed of world destruction he do not feel the need to be cruel along the way, and no I would not have liked to lie to his face, I am not proud though that my betrayal of this Labyrinth is likely to get him either killed or worse...captured."
She said and she looked towards the door the Nephandus had vanished out of with regret in her eyes.
"Hopefully his end will come in combat fighting for what he believe in and not...well you know."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:32 pm

"Very well Sir." Andrew said as he begun to search for the map needed on his phone,the kid looked fairly well now but he still had a bit of fear in his eyes as he walked towards the stairs and his Mentor's room with you. "You want a map of the hospital as well right with the room lay out and not just the area surrounding it?" The young scribe asked.

He gave Andrew a pat on the shoulder, in some type of solidarity, then nodded up towards the stairs. "Yes, that's right - room layouts would be most useful. The campus maps might help," he suggested, also trying to help look for one so that they could get the map to the dowser asap...."There might be one in the library but I thought this would be faster and more likely to be up to date."

// I'll be travelling for a bit today just fyi. And sorry to hear you weren't well Anja.

ooc2: @Warp - half the man...xD lmao
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:48 pm

Anja's Post:
There where two large windows in front of the building they where covered by yellowed newspaper, there where paint peeling of the walls, between the windows there where a door it was closed though, there where also the workshop area in the back the garage door was open and there might be a passage between the garage and the main building.

'Hmm... bash through the door or try going around the back. Your call.' Nicole replied, carefully watching their surroundings.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:28 pm

"Not quite yet Serge Master Boz is here to pick up his apprentice however when he heard about the trouble we have been having he offered to lend his strength to our war efforts."
Your uncle said and he looked at the war mage and his young apprentice.
"And on that note I would appreciate it if you could keep and eye on Miss Bergen for a little while longer, and also do you have room for one more?"
He asked and indicated Yu Die.
"Our enemies have spoken of an interest in gaining leverage on hers and Dr Lee's Mentor so the young lady needs to be kept safe as well."
Your uncle explained.

Serge listened carefully and nodded to show that he understood the situation.

"Sure thing. I can watch them for a little bit longer. We have plenty of room here." Serge said with a smile. The last statement wasn't quite the truth as with the addition of Yu Die their would be 5 people held within Rosa's room, but Serge couldn't deny a request from his uncle.

"Come in Yu! I hope you don't mind the mountains of art supplies. We're just all here drawing Princess Katie's cat kingdom." Serge said with a slight chuckle at how silly that sounded.

Turning back to his Uncle, Serge said, "Soooo I've been wondering. Do you know how things are going downstairs?"
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:16 pm

Serge:

Serge listened carefully and nodded to show that he understood the situation.

"Sure thing. I can watch them for a little bit longer. We have plenty of room here." Serge said with a smile. The last statement wasn't quite the truth as with the addition of Yu Die their would be 5 people held within Rosa's room, but Serge couldn't deny a request from his uncle.

Your uncle smiled.
"Good thank you Serge, keeping our youngest apprentices safe is an important job."
The Cultist said and he gave an approving nod.
"Do you need anything here for yourself, my student or the kids?"
He asked.

"Come in Yu! I hope you don't mind the mountains of art supplies. We're just all here drawing Princess Katie's cat kingdom." Serge said with a slight chuckle at how silly that sounded.

"Thank you Sir, well we all need some imagination."
The young Akashic said politely then she hesitantly added as she stepped into the room.
"And it is Yu Die just like Maryanne would not be Mary but be Maryanne."
She said vary about correcting a older mage.

Turning back to his Uncle, Serge said, "Soooo I've been wondering. Do you know how things are going downstairs?"

Ryan sigh and he lowered his voice so the young apprentices should not hear.
"Well Master Morgan is parting the gathered magi up into strike teams and we are just about ready to go."
He said.
"Hopefully the battle will go well but with so many mages involved reading the future becomes more complicated."

Nicole:

'Hmm... bash through the door or try going around the back. Your call.' Nicole replied, carefully watching their surroundings.

"Going around back is probably a better option Miss, trying to get in through the garage might be the safer option and will be less likely to get us noticed by sleepers."
Antonio said and he nodded towards the garage door.
"We should probably split up in either case to make sure no one try to escape out the door we do not go in through."

Adley:

He gave Andrew a pat on the shoulder, in some type of solidarity, then nodded up towards the stairs. "Yes, that's right - room layouts would be most useful. The campus maps might help," he suggested, also trying to help look for one so that they could get the map to the dowser asap...."There might be one in the library but I thought this would be faster and more likely to be up to date."

"It probably is faster finding the maps online Sir."
Andrew said as he searched he looked at your hard for a moment and gave you a grateful smile.
"Hum...ok I have some layout maps from the hospital here and campus maps as well, should we just print them all out?"
He said before he stopped by the door to his Mentor's apartment and fished out his spare key.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:25 pm

Anja's Post:
"Going around back is probably a better option Miss, trying to get in through the garage might be the safer option and will be less likely to get us noticed by sleepers."
Antonio said and he nodded towards the garage door.
"We should probably split up in either case to make sure no one try to escape out the door we do not go in through."

Nicole nodded to this. 'Okay... make the teams, and we'll go in.' the look and tone making it clear she saw Antonio as the boss on this little mission and would follow his lead.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:27 pm

Your uncle smiled.
"Good thank you Serge, keeping our youngest apprentices safe is an important job."
The Cultist said and he gave an approving nod.
"Do you need anything here for yourself, my student or the kids?"
He asked.

Serge glanced around the room and nodded. "Not really. We have Jane's arsenal of art supplies for entertainment and most of us have just eaten. Rosa's just sleeping their and I'm sure she'll be snoozing for a good while."

"Thank you Sir, well we all need some imagination."
The young Akashic said politely then she hesitantly added as she stepped into the room.
"And it is Yu Die just like Maryanne would not be Mary but be Maryanne."
She said vary about correcting a older mage.

"But I don't wanna die." Serge said with a laugh, amused at the threatening connotation of saying Yu Die's name properly.

"Anyways I'll remember that in the future. Man your name is cool. If you were some kind of action hero you could just say your name to threaten the bad guys." Serge said amusingly, hoping to ease Yu Die into the new situation.

Ryan sigh and he lowered his voice so the young apprentices should not hear.
"Well Master Morgan is parting the gathered magi up into strike teams and we are just about ready to go."
He said.
"Hopefully the battle will go well but with so many mages involved reading the future becomes more complicated."

"Yeah I guessed as much. Are you in one of those strike teams?" Serge asked with a worried tone.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:09 pm

Nicole:

Nicole nodded to this. 'Okay... make the teams, and we'll go in.' the look and tone making it clear she saw Antonio as the boss on this little mission and would follow his lead.

Antonio nodded.
"Miss Mundis, Mr Smithson if you would kindly keep an eye on the front entrance and stop anyone who try to flee, if we signal that we are in trouble come after us if not keep and ye out and then move in through the front entrance once we have had the time to draw the enemy's attention."
The Scribe said. Ty and Fran nodded at that.
"I want one prisoner for questioning if possible but it is not a priority securing the location with as little danger to the surrounding sleeper population as possible is however."
Antonio continued and again the two other magi nodded before the Hermetic turned towards you.
"Then we should be ready."
He declared and he quickly moved towards the garage.

Serge:

Serge glanced around the room and nodded. "Not really. We have Jane's arsenal of art supplies for entertainment and most of us have just eaten. Rosa's just sleeping their and I'm sure she'll be snoozing for a good while."

Ryan glanced in the door at the sleeping young Cultist and he looked concerned.
"I heard she had donated blood, a bit to much perhaps, is she okey?"
He asked, the mention of that made Yu Die clearly uneasy and she looked away.

"But I don't wanna die." Serge said with a laugh, amused at the threatening connotation of saying Yu Die's name properly.

The young Akashic just looked at you evenly at that.

"Anyways I'll remember that in the future. Man your name is cool. If you were some kind of action hero you could just say your name to threaten the bad guys." Serge said amusingly, hoping to ease Yu Die into the new situation.

"It do not mean that in Mandarin you know Sir."
Yu Die said and she had clearly heard that joke before.
"It is a fairly common girl's name. It is like I have heard that in Norway one common men's name is Odd."
She said and Liv glanced in her direction and nodded.

"Yeah I guessed as much. Are you in one of those strike teams?" Serge asked with a worried tone.

Ryan nodded and sigh.
"Yeah...I will be moving out shortly I just wanted to check on Rosa, get Yu Die a place to stay while she is here and show Master Boz where he could find his apprentice first. But do not worry Serge I will do my best to get back alive."

(OOC: Well it is written Die in English but are pronounced more Dee eh, I am horrible at describing how something is pronounced though, when I have heard the name spoke it is pronounced just as a Norwegian would say the word die which means a baby animal suckling and less like the English word die as in to die.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:58 pm

Nicole followed Antonio, unclicking the pistol's safety catch.

[That and 'Die' will be her first name. Which is why many Chinese now adopt a 'European' name too. Such as Lee Jun-fan aka 'Bruce Lee'.]
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:28 pm

You got into the garage as you entered you heard a surprised grunt and then a man yelling.
"What the hell are you guys doing here this is a legitimate business get out!"
A man in his 40's wearing jeans, a white but rather dirty tshirt and with short salt and pepper hair stood up from where he had been bent over a old wreck's engine.
"What do you want?"
He demanded.

(OOC: Her given name is Yu Die her full name being Qiū Yu Die.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:22 am

As soon as the man came into view, Nicole aimed the pistol at him. 'Police! Get to the floor - now!' she screamed, doing her best to scare the guy into obedience.

[Intimidation roll, Great One?]
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:34 am

Dalisse sigh and nodded.
"I suspect you are right Colin, though the thought is not a comfortable one, these mutations have left me frail and unable to endure much physical punishment."
She said and she looked down at her long, thin, webbed fingers.
Colin smiled thinly, "You've lost in terms of durability, true, but you've gained in unearthly beauty. In a way, I suppose it's a fair trade."

Again you where alone with Dalisse in her wast chamber. The Handler looked sad and nodded.
"He is, while he wholeheartedly believe in the modern Nephandi creed of world destruction he do not feel the need to be cruel along the way, and no I would not have liked to lie to his face, I am not proud though that my betrayal of this Labyrinth is likely to get him either killed or worse...captured."
She said and she looked towards the door the Nephandus had vanished out of with regret in her eyes.
"Hopefully his end will come in combat fighting for what he believe in and not...well you know."
He nodded darkly, "He's not a high-ranking member, is he? Aside from Larson and her inner circle, I suspect live captures are not going to be a priority... And if he is smart and lucky, he'll get away before the strike. Though if he's dedicated to unmaking the world rather than waiting it out, I can't legally wish him that much luck. A pity, really..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:29 am

Ryan glanced in the door at the sleeping young Cultist and he looked concerned.
"I heard she had donated blood, a bit to much perhaps, is she okey?"
He asked, the mention of that made Yu Die clearly uneasy and she looked away.

"She's ok. Dr. Lee healed her right up and she's just been resting here. You can check for yourself if you want. Serge said gesturing towards the sleeping body of the young cultist.

He noticed Yu Die's reaction and was curious. He fought back the urge to skim through her mind and just assumed that she wasn't particularly fond of blood or blood donations.

"It do not mean that in Mandarin you know Sir."
Yu Die said and she had clearly heard that joke before.
"It is a fairly common girl's name. It is like I have heard that in Norway one common men's name is Odd."
She said and Liv glanced in her direction and nodded.

"Sorry Sorry, just having a bit of fun." Serge apologized a little embarrassed recognizing that he wasn't really a good representation of a senior mage.

"Do you know mandarin?" Serge asked curiously wanting to know her a little more. "I've always wanted to learn another language and everyone I meet seems to be bilingual."

Ryan nodded and sigh.
"Yeah...I will be moving out shortly I just wanted to check on Rosa, get Yu Die a place to stay while she is here and show Master Boz where he could find his apprentice first. But do not worry Serge I will do my best to get back alive."

"You better, you still have so much left to teach Rosa." Serge said with a smile. "And I want to learn a thing or two about time magick myself."

(OOC: I can imagine Serge not paying attention and mishearing the name and not being too concerned with the proper pronunciation of a word, favoring the more humorous pronounciation  Razz .)
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:22 am

Serge:

"She's ok. Dr. Lee healed her right up and she's just been resting here. You can check for yourself if you want. Serge said gesturing towards the sleeping body of the young cultist.

"That is good to hear. I will check on her when I get back I do not want to wake her she probably need the rest and if Dr Lee says she will be fine then I trust him. How about you Serge are you okey?"
Your Uncle asked and he still glanced in on Rosa's sleeping form.

"Sorry Sorry, just having a bit of fun." Serge apologized a little embarrassed recognizing that he wasn't really a good representation of a senior mage.

"That is ok Sir, my foster parents, well one of them gave me the name Karen so you can use that if you wish though I prefer my real name."
The young girl said politely.

"Do you know mandarin?" Serge asked curiously wanting to know her a little more. "I've always wanted to learn another language and everyone I meet seems to be bilingual."

"I can get by in Mandarin Sir but I do not know as well as I would like. My parents where second generation Chinese immigrants and they spoke Mandarin but when they died and I was sent into the poster system I only really got to speak the language with my grandparents when I visited them. I opted for Mandarin for second language optional classes in junior high though, that and Spanish and now I get to speak it with my Mentor, Mandarin that is but my brother do not know the language at all."
Yu Die said and she smiled a little.

"You better, you still have so much left to teach Rosa." Serge said with a smile. "And I want to learn a thing or two about time magick myself."

Ryan smiled and nodded.
"I have no intention of dying kid."
He said then he glanced at Rosa and sigh.
"But if I do not make it back Serge, do me the favor of looking after your Cousin until another Mentor can be found for her eh?"
He asked before lifting a hand to scratch at his shaggy hair.

Colin:

Colin smiled thinly, "You've lost in terms of durability, true, but you've gained in unearthly beauty. In a way, I suppose it's a fair trade."

Dalisse smiled a little.
"Well now you are a charmer."
She exclaimed.
"Well it is what it is, mutations are not rare among the Nephandi though I suspect mine comes from my link to this ship, I do not complain I am what I am."

He nodded darkly, "He's not a high-ranking member, is he?

"No he have the rank of Nephandus which is right over pawn, we are all Nephandi but it is also a rank in our system, just like in the Spacing Guild where they are all Navigators but Navigator is also a rank right between Pilot and Steersman."
The Handler explained.

Aside from Larson and her inner circle, I suspect live captures are not going to be a priority... And if he is smart and lucky, he'll get away before the strike. Though if he's dedicated to unmaking the world rather than waiting it out, I can't legally wish him that much luck. A pity, really..."

"I doubt he will run as he is a dedicated man, not everyone who are dedicated Nephandi are cruel. This environment and the process of corruption lead to darkness and when our society openly welcome excesses and cruelty that is what generally happens, but not all go down that road and Daniel Vroca have not, though he is dedicated to the Malfean cause non the less which probably makes him more dangerous than your stereotypical puppy guts Nephandus. Vroca is someone you could sit down and have a cup of tea with, he appears normal in many ways, he is one you could listen to the words of while someone who enjoy torturing killing and raping everything within reach is not."
Dalisse said and frowned.
"Even so I do hope he manage to flee the battle though I find it unlikely."

Nicole:

As soon as the man came into view, Nicole aimed the pistol at him. 'Police! Get to the floor - now!' she screamed, doing her best to scare the guy into obedience.

The man dropped the tool he had been using to work on the wreck's engine, probably to remove usable parts and he lifted his hands and slowly backed away a few steps.
"Listen I want no trouble."
He said clearly waging his options before he id start to maneuver his body down on the floor using the movement as a cover to start making subtle hand sigils with his fingers.
"Watch out!"
Antonio shouted as he also pointed his weapon at the man and he stopped moving his fingers.
"Well you clearly are not police, not the regular type at least if you knew what I where doing."
The man said and stopped mid movement.
"What do you want?"

(OOC Roll 2, 5,6,9 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:15 am

Dalisse smiled a little.
"Well now you are a charmer."
She exclaimed.
"Well it is what it is, mutations are not rare among the Nephandi though I suspect mine comes from my link to this ship, I do not complain I am what I am."
Colin grinned, "Well, it is true, all the same... And yes, mutations seem common among the Nephandi, but their variants seem more... aberrant and more rarely symmetrical. Eyeballs, tentacles and orifices in strange places, that sort of thing... It's Reality not being fond of Fallen magic; the result of Paradox kicking at the unnatural. You, though... yes, it seems quite plausible that you have been gradually changed by your link to the ship."

"No he have the rank of Nephandus which is right over pawn, we are all Nephandi but it is also a rank in our system, just like in the Spacing Guild where they are all Navigators but Navigator is also a rank right between Pilot and Steersman."
The Handler explained.
He nodded, "Well, a ranking system is necessary."

"I doubt he will run as he is a dedicated man, not everyone who are dedicated Nephandi are cruel. This environment and the process of corruption lead to darkness and when our society openly welcome excesses and cruelty that is what generally happens, but not all go down that road and Daniel Vroca have not, though he is dedicated to the Malfean cause non the less which probably makes him more dangerous than your stereotypical puppy guts Nephandus. Vroca is someone you could sit down and have a cup of tea with, he appears normal in many ways, he is one you could listen to the words of while someone who enjoy torturing killing and raping everything within reach is not."
Dalisse said and frowned.
"Even so I do hope he manage to flee the battle though I find it unlikely."
He frowned, then nodded, "The most dangerous of his kind... Subtle and perhaps persuasive, the cunning recruitment officer. He'll have his claws in you before you notice, and then you can choose between joining or facing trial on Horizon... I've heard that tale before..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum