The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:19 pm

Anja's Post:
The man dropped the tool he had been using to work on the wreck's engine, probably to remove usable parts and he lifted his hands and slowly backed away a few steps.
"Listen I want no trouble."
He said clearly waging his options before he id start to maneuver his body down on the floor using the movement as a cover to start making subtle hand sigils with his fingers.
"Watch out!"
Antonio shouted as he also pointed his weapon at the man and he stopped moving his fingers.
"Well you clearly are not police, not the regular type at least if you knew what I where doing."
The man said and stopped mid movement.
"What do you want?"

Nicole let Antonio do the talking, looking around to see whether there was anyone attempting to hide or a doorway which other hostiles could appear from.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:33 pm

Colin:

Colin grinned, "Well, it is true, all the same... And yes, mutations seem common among the Nephandi, but their variants seem more... aberrant and more rarely symmetrical. Eyeballs, tentacles and orifices in strange places, that sort of thing... It's Reality not being fond of Fallen magic; the result of Paradox kicking at the unnatural. You, though... yes, it seems quite plausible that you have been gradually changed by your link to the ship."

"It is true that Paradox seam to hit the Fallen harder than the rest of us and between Investment marks, mutations from exposure to the beings that should not be, and Paradox many Nephandi end up looking rather...inhuman after a while. I guess I am exposed to strange beings as well, but for me my mutations do not bother me, they are part of me."
The old Handler said softly.

He nodded, "Well, a ranking system is necessary."

"True a ranking system is useful, it makes us all know where we fit into the pecking order."
Dalisse said and she sigh.
"For good and for ill."

He frowned, then nodded, "The most dangerous of his kind... Subtle and perhaps persuasive, the cunning recruitment officer. He'll have his claws in you before you notice, and then you can choose between joining or facing trial on Horizon... I've heard that tale before..."

"Yes very much so. Daniel Vroca is a kind, dedicated man, he will appear to most as being normal, making them listen to what he have to say, even without Traditionalist laws that will make some come over to his point of view, and with the Traditionalist laws well that deliver allot of mages to the Cauls."
The Handler said and nodded.

Nicole:

Nicole let Antonio do the talking, looking around to see whether there was anyone attempting to hide or a doorway which other hostiles could appear from.

There was a doorway in the garate which most likely lead into the main building and another that lead to a back room, both where closed for now but that did not mean that someone could not be hinding behind the door.

"Where are the others, tell me now and I will make sure you die here and now and that you are not taken prisoner for you know what that would mean for you right?"
Antonio told the kneeling man. The Nephanus frowned then he suddenly flashed his hands towards you and Antonio and a ball of fire flew from his fingertips. Antonio yelled and tossed himself to the side, the fireball brushed past you close enough for you to feel the heat against your cheek and then crashed through the brick wall of the garage as if going through butter. The Nephandus grinned and his hands flashed sigils again as he preparred for another ball of flame.
"Fuck!"
Antonio exclaimed.
"I guess we do not have to wonder if he is a mage or not."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:08 pm

"It is true that Paradox seam to hit the Fallen harder than the rest of us and between Investment marks, mutations from exposure to the beings that should not be, and Paradox many Nephandi end up looking rather...inhuman after a while. I guess I am exposed to strange beings as well, but for me my mutations do not bother me, they are part of me."
The old Handler said softly.
Colin nodded, "And your appearance looks less... like something that should not be."
He gestured to her webbed hands, her symmetric fins, "You have the look of a being naturally evolved, rather than something that suffered spontaneous, harmful changes."

"True a ranking system is useful, it makes us all know where we fit into the pecking order."
Dalisse said and she sigh.
"For good and for ill."
He nodded, "We have that in the Traditions, too - Apprentice, Initiate, Disciple, Adept and Master. Each rank reflecting a level of ability in a field. And of course, there's the possibility of early advancement to throw a spanner in the works..."

"Yes very much so. Daniel Vroca is a kind, dedicated man, he will appear to most as being normal, making them listen to what he have to say, even without Traditionalist laws that will make some come over to his point of view, and with the Traditionalist laws well that deliver allot of mages to the Cauls."
He grimaced, "And it's the last part that irks me more than anything... Bloody Cauls..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:16 pm

Anja's Post:
There was a doorway in the garate which most likely lead into the main building and another that lead to a back room, both where closed for now but that did not mean that someone could not be hinding behind the door.

"Where are the others, tell me now and I will make sure you die here and now and that you are not taken prisoner for you know what that would mean for you right?"
Antonio told the kneeling man. The Nephanus frowned then he suddenly flashed his hands towards you and Antonio and a ball of fire flew from his fingertips. Antonio yelled and tossed himself to the side, the fireball brushed past you close enough for you to feel the heat against your cheek and then crashed through the brick wall of the garage as if going through butter. The Nephandus grinned and his hands flashed sigils again as he prepared for another ball of flame.
"Fuck!"
Antonio exclaimed.
"I guess we do not have to wonder if he is a mage or not."

This was not unexpected; as soon as she'd moved out of the way of the fireball Nicole re-aimed at the target and fired a couple of times in rapid succession.

[Attempting 'Deadaim']
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:28 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "And your appearance looks less... like something that should not be."
He gestured to her webbed hands, her symmetric fins, "You have the look of a being naturally evolved, rather than something that suffered spontaneous, harmful changes."

Dalisse looked at her own webbed hands and smiled a little.
"Well your kindness are appreciated Colin, perhaps I am not a thing that should not be but I am not supposed to be here on this plane of existence I want to go to the deep."
She said sadly.

He nodded, "We have that in the Traditions, too - Apprentice, Initiate, Disciple, Adept and Master. Each rank reflecting a level of ability in a field. And of course, there's the possibility of early advancement to throw a spanner in the works..."

"The old Order of Hermes had similar ranks, though more of them. Hum...early advancement now? That I have not heard about."
She said and smiled.

He grimaced, "And it's the last part that irks me more than anything... Bloody Cauls..."

"Indeed and those are things that should not be."
The Handler said darkly.

Nicole:

his was not unexpected; as soon as she'd moved out of the way of the fireball Nicole re-aimed at the target and fired a couple of times in rapid succession.

You fired of a couple of rounds, the Nephandus managed to deflect one of them with his half formed fireball, buring the lead to nothing before your eyes, the other round hit him in the shoulder though and the Nephandus screamed as he was thrown backwards, he was clearly hurt pretty badly.

Antonio lifted his weapon and fired at the Nephandus as wel and he hit the man in the leg and he screamed again, however hurt as he where he still managed to form another ball of fire and toss it towards young though he was now on the floor and bleeding and in considerable pain.

(OOC: I did not feel like writing up all the back and froth rolls but you did 2 lethal.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:04 pm

Nicole's mind now closed down, shifting to full combat mode. Threat from man, dodging attacks, keeping aware of others joining the fray. Deliberately ignoring the rising cold sweat and tightening stomach.

Options were simple. If within a second or so away from target, she'll move to physically restrain, like she had with the hostage-taker earlier. If further away and with a clear shot, she'll just shoot the target in the head. If neither was an option, she'd move into range to attempt one of the above.

[I know pbp combat is a pain and in the wrong hands can last months. Unless you disagree with this, I will try to make your life easier by posting options so you can pick the best one. After all, you have a much clearer view on the situation than I/we do.]
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:10 pm

Dalisse looked at her own webbed hands and smiled a little.
"Well your kindness are appreciated Colin, perhaps I am not a thing that should not be but I am not supposed to be here on this plane of existence I want to go to the deep."
She said sadly.
Colin nodded, "True, you don't look like you would be comfortable walking the Earth... but you look like a natural evolution, all the same."

"The old Order of Hermes had similar ranks, though more of them. Hum...early advancement now? That I have not heard about."
She said and smiled.
He nodded, "That was the short version, I admit - the ranks are for each Sphere, so there are assorted combinations for mastery of multiple Spheres. As for early advancement - mostly that's a political tool, I suppose. A highly promising individual, where there is ample reason to assume they will reach a given rank in a given area of magic within a reasonable amount of time may apply for early promotion to gain access to privileges not yet afforded them - such as in my case, taking on an apprentice."

"Indeed and those are things that should not be."
The Handler said darkly.
He glanced glumly at the floor for a moment, idly guessing the approximate direction in which the Caul lay. Then he looked up again, a little more cheerful-looking, "So, how is the Chorister prisoner? Has she left yet?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:42 pm

Nicole:

You moved to the side and just barely avoided the second fireball by the skin of your teeth, getting to the Nephandus might be hard within a second or two so you adjust your aim and fire at him, hitting him in the head, the third fireball, half formed died in his hands as he gave you a confused look for a moment, not realizing he was dead before he crumbled to the floor in a pool of his own blood.

Now you heard footsteps behind the door leading into the main building and then a hail of bullets shot out through the door, one of those bullets brushed by arm close enough to cut you but neither you nor Antonio where seriously hit.
"Fuck!"
The Hermetic said again and glanced over at you as he pulled a page out of his notebook and started quickly adding a few notes to it and the door splintered back towards whoever was on the other side with quite a bit of force, you heard two voices screaming in the adjacent hallway.

(OOC: Sounds good. I rolled for you and you did enough damage to make for one dead Nephandus, poor Nephandus.)

Colin:

Colin nodded, "True, you don't look like you would be comfortable walking the Earth... but you look like a natural evolution, all the same."

"Perhaps it is."
Dalisse said and she smiled.
"Perhaps it is indeed."

He nodded, "That was the short version, I admit - the ranks are for each Sphere, so there are assorted combinations for mastery of multiple Spheres. As for early advancement - mostly that's a political tool, I suppose. A highly promising individual, where there is ample reason to assume they will reach a given rank in a given area of magic within a reasonable amount of time may apply for early promotion to gain access to privileges not yet afforded them - such as in my case, taking on an apprentice."

"I see, well that is a quite practical system."
She said and nodded.
"Ah yes you were taking Prelatus Gabriel's student as your own where you not...so the Traditions have a rank you have to reach before you take a student? So did the old Order of Hermes before joining the Council of Nine."

He glanced glumly at the floor for a moment, idly guessing the approximate direction in which the Caul lay. Then he looked up again, a little more cheerful-looking, "So, how is the Chorister prisoner? Has she left yet?"

"She have left Colin, she was safely teleported out but I do not think that she is a member of the Chorus Celeste, from what I was told she is a member of a Craft, it seams a coalition of them have been giving us grief lately."
The Handler said.
"And Lady Larson wanted more information about them."

(OOC: Me and my husband sat down to watch the latest Transformers movie, the robot dragon and baby dinobots where good the rest where well shit. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:11 pm

"It probably is faster finding the maps online Sir." Andrew said as he searched he looked at your hard for a moment and gave you a grateful smile. "Hum...ok I have some layout maps from the hospital here and campus maps as well, should we just print them all out?"

"Depends how many that is but at least the most detailed ones. Single sided, don't want there to be accidental confusions from something on the back," he said. "Thanks for your help."

s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:19 pm

"Well the hospital maps will have to be done on several sheets Sir, sorry but there are several floors and allot of rooms."
Andrew said as he opened the door into his Mentor's apartment. The flat where tidy, there where a brown leather sofa and two brown leather chairs around an oak table, several large book cases and a desk out in the living room section, there where manuscripts in frames on the walls. The printer stood on the desk. There where a colorful Egyptian rug on the floor. The kitchen was tidy with a blue kitchen table with a checkered tablecloth. Andrew went over to the computer and turned it on.
"I will make the maps as compact as I can Sir."
He promised.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:33 pm

Anja's Post:
You moved to the side and just barely avoided the second fireball by the skin of your teeth, getting to the Nephandus might be hard within a second or two so you adjust your aim and fire at him, hitting him in the head, the third fireball, half formed died in his hands as he gave you a confused look for a moment, not realizing he was dead before he crumbled to the floor in a pool of his own blood.

Now you heard footsteps behind the door leading into the main building and then a hail of bullets shot out through the door, one of those bullets brushed by arm close enough to cut you but neither you nor Antonio where seriously hit.
"Fuck!"
The Hermetic said again and glanced over at you as he pulled a page out of his notebook and started quickly adding a few notes to it and the door splintered back towards whoever was on the other side with quite a bit of force, you heard two voices screaming in the adjacent hallway.

When the round hit true, Nicole stared for a moment, pistol still aimed, ready to send another if needs be. A businesslike nod on realising it wasn't, starting to turn as the hail of lead entered the room.

A grim smile as the pain shot through her arm; wrong arm, and pain showed it wasn't that bad. Operating on training stamped so deep as to become instinct, she dived towards the nearest solid cover - ideally a spot which offered her a good field of fire at people coming in, but not back at her. But any cover was good. If that wasn't possible, she'd simply move towards a spot where she'd not be immediately spotted by the enemy and ready her pistol to shoot down anybody coming through.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:58 pm

You could get behind a mental work table with several boxes of metal part in front of it or get behind the car the first Nephandus had been working on. Antonio moved out of the way as well but slower than you, two bullets hit his kinetic shield but the protection held, he made a quick note on another page of his book and another blast of air shot towards the enemy, and a new hail of bullets and a bolt of crackling energy where returned and the Hermetic where forced to retreat to cover. You heard two voices conversing in something horrible, it could be a language of some sort but it sounded like someone was torturing to death a cat with screeches and hisses and unnatural sounds. The horrid language clearly made Antonio mad and he fired his weapon in that direction but the two Nephandi still had cover and he did not hit anything.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:05 pm

"That is good to hear. I will check on her when I get back I do not want to wake her she probably need the rest and if Dr Lee says she will be fine then I trust him. How about you Serge are you okey?"
Your Uncle asked and he still glanced in on Rosa's sleeping form.

"Oh me? I'm fine. Didn't give as much blood as her." Serge said with one final glance at Rosa. "A little rattled by everything going on but it's nothing I can't handled."

"That is ok Sir, my foster parents, well one of them gave me the name Karen so you can use that if you wish though I prefer my real name."
The young girl said politely.

"I'll call you by your real name if that's what you prefer. Besides, it sounds cooler." Serge said with a smile.

"I can get by in Mandarin Sir but I do not know as well as I would like. My parents where second generation Chinese immigrants and they spoke Mandarin but when they died and I was sent into the poster system I only really got to speak the language with my grandparents when I visited them. I opted for Mandarin for second language optional classes in junior high though, that and Spanish and now I get to speak it with my Mentor, Mandarin that is but my brother do not know the language at all."
Yu Die said and she smiled a little.

"Huh, I would've thought Dr. Lee would know a little bit of Mandarin." Serge said with a smile.

"So Dr. Lee is your brother right? What's it like having a brother? Do you and him get along?" Serge asked curiously. He was an only child so his only experience with siblings were the bickering type that were always portrayed in sitcoms.

Ryan smiled and nodded.
"I have no intention of dying kid."
He said then he glanced at Rosa and sigh.
"But if I do not make it back Serge, do me the favor of looking after your Cousin until another Mentor can be found for her eh?"
He asked before lifting a hand to scratch at his shaggy hair.

Serge frowned as the thought of his uncle or many of the mages that he had met not making it back alive creeped into his mind. He knew it was a reality he had to face even if he preferred to ignore it. He looked to the side nervously.

"Sure thing." Serge said simply.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:55 pm

Anja's Post:
You could get behind a mental work table with several boxes of metal part in front of it or get behind the car the first Nephandus had been working on. Antonio moved out of the way as well but slower than you, two bullets hit his kinetic shield but the protection held, he made a quick note on another page of his book and another blast of air shot towards the enemy, and a new hail of bullets and a bolt of crackling energy where returned and the Hermetic where forced to retreat to cover. You heard two voices conversing in something horrible, it could be a language of some sort but it sounded like someone was torturing to death a cat with screeches and hisses and unnatural sounds. The horrid language clearly made Antonio mad and he fired his weapon in that direction but the two Nephandi still had cover and he did not hit anything.

A split-second decision; Nicole picks the car as being the more solid of the two - unless being behind the car would be visible from the doorway. Once in position, she'll aim her pistol right at the door, ready for the ones who will surely have to come through it in a few moments.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:40 pm

"I see, well that is a quite practical system."
She said and nodded.
"Ah yes you were taking Prelatus Gabriel's student as your own where you not...so the Traditions have a rank you have to reach before you take a student? So did the old Order of Hermes before joining the Council of Nine."
Colin nodded, "It does provide a certain measure of safety for prospective apprentices, as well - it ensures that whoever takes them on is at least presumed sufficiently competent so as to avoid killing themselves or the apprentice in a stupid accident. Whether that presumption is a matter of general assumption on merit of practical qualifications, or by virtue of personal faith and trust from the more senior Magi. Were circumstances different, I would not have dared ask for early advancement, but the girl needs me... and I need her to live. We were close in a past life, like the singer in the cell was..."

"She have left Colin, she was safely teleported out but I do not think that she is a member of the Chorus Celeste, from what I was told she is a member of a Craft, it seams a coalition of them have been giving us grief lately."
The Handler said.
"And Lady Larson wanted more information about them."
He nodded, smiling wryly, "I would love to be a fly on the wall, as they say, when Larson finds out her precious prisoner has simply disappeared from captivity... Hum, a Craft, not a Chorister? Ah, well, I'm sure they'll be able to sort that out back home as they tend to her injuries..."

((OOC: A recent Transformers movie was rather crap. Tell me, were you honestly surprised? Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:55 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "It does provide a certain measure of safety for prospective apprentices, as well - it ensures that whoever takes them on is at least presumed sufficiently competent so as to avoid killing themselves or the apprentice in a stupid accident. Whether that presumption is a matter of general assumption on merit of practical qualifications, or by virtue of personal faith and trust from the more senior Magi.

Dalisse nodded at that.
"It also ensure that the would be teacher have something to actually teach a student."
She said.
"Having some degree of qualification needed to take an apprentice is a generally good idea."

Were circumstances different, I would not have dared ask for early advancement, but the girl needs me... and I need her to live. We were close in a past life, like the singer in the cell was..."

"I understand...the girl needs a protector and the only way you can offer her that is to become her teacher, sometimes things have to be done even when they are not ideal."

He nodded, smiling wryly, "I would love to be a fly on the wall, as they say, when Larson finds out her precious prisoner has simply disappeared from captivity... Hum, a Craft, not a Chorister? Ah, well, I'm sure they'll be able to sort that out back home as they tend to her injuries..."

"I am not so sure you would enjoy that Colin as she would be prone to to pull your wings off your just set you aflame from frustration but yes Lady Larson will not be pleased the Craft mage escaped, she will not be pleased at all."
The Handler said and frowned then she nodded.
"And yes the woman is from a Craft more than that I do not know though."
Then she closed her eyes and gave a sad sigh.
"The attack have started."
She muttered.
"One of the portals are under siege."

Nicole:

A split-second decision; Nicole picks the car as being the more solid of the two - unless being behind the car would be visible from the doorway. Once in position, she'll aim her pistol right at the door, ready for the ones who will surely have to come through it in a few moments.

You hid behind the rusty old car, it did not make you visible from the doorway, there also where not much of a door left after the blast Antonio had sent through. The enemy seamed to be smart enough to understand that just rushing in here would make them good targets so for a moment everything went quiet.
"We need to act,the longer we wait the more chance they get to work up something big."
Antonio said and he glanced at you from where he was hiding behind the work bench his hands busy scribbling in his note book.

Serge:

"Oh me? I'm fine. Didn't give as much blood as her." Serge said with one final glance at Rosa. "A little rattled by everything going on but it's nothing I can't handled."

Yu Die gave you another uncomfortable look. Ryan nodded though.
"Good and to be honest we are all a little rattled by everything that have been going on. I am glad you are okey though."
He said then he grinned.
"If you died Ange would never let me hear the end of it."

"I'll call you by your real name if that's what you prefer. Besides, it sounds cooler." Serge said with a smile.

That made the young Akashic smile.
"Thank you...I appreciate it Sir."
She said and she sounded pleased that you thought her name was cool.

"Huh, I would've thought Dr. Lee would know a little bit of Mandarin." Serge said with a smile.

"He comes from a family that have been in America for many generations and just like many who come from Italian families do not speak Italian or many who where originally Swedish do not speak that language Richard do not speak Mandarin."
The young mage said and shrugged.

"So Dr. Lee is your brother right? What's it like having a brother? Do you and him get along?" Serge asked curiously. He was an only child so his only experience with siblings were the bickering type that were always portrayed in sitcoms.

"Well we are siblings from a magickal lineage perspective not a biological one. But yes we get along fine Sir but it must be a bit strange for him,he was Dr Wong's first apprentice and now he have to share his teacher with me...that must be strange."
Yu Die said and glanced up at you.

Serge frowned as the thought of his uncle or many of the mages that he had met not making it back alive creeped into his mind. He knew it was a reality he had to face even if he preferred to ignore it. He looked to the side nervously.

"Sure thing." Serge said simply.

Ryan put his hand on your shoulder and he gave you a fond smile.
"I will try my best to stay alive Serge, and thank you, knowing that my apprentice will be taken care of if something should happen makes this allot easier for me."

(OOC: Well not really but I could hope. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:22 pm

Dalisse nodded at that.
"It also ensure that the would be teacher have something to actually teach a student."
She said.
"Having some degree of qualification needed to take an apprentice is a generally good idea."
Colin smiled, "Precisely - in that respect, the ranking system is a yardstick for qualifications."

"I understand...the girl needs a protector and the only way you can offer her that is to become her teacher, sometimes things have to be done even when they are not ideal."
He grinned, "Well, in this particular case, there are certain factors that help - thanks to Gabriel, she has one hell of a library to her name. And after a little curation, I will do my damned best to make sure that library is hers. I can't permit any Qlippothic texts, obviously, but there's plenty of study materials for us both there..."

"I am not so sure you would enjoy that Colin as she would be prone to to pull your wings off your just set you aflame from frustration but yes Lady Larson will not be pleased the Craft mage escaped, she will not be pleased at all."
The Handler said and frowned then she nodded.
"And yes the woman is from a Craft more than that I do not know though."
Then she closed her eyes and gave a sad sigh.
"The attack have started."
She muttered.
"One of the portals are under siege."
He grimaced, "Ah, yes, the term 'fly on the wall' generally refers to an unobserved observer, not an actual fly... I'm sure you'll notice her reaction, though."
He frowned, "Just one of them? Hm, let's see... there's a car mechanic's workshop and a residence, as I recall... is it one of those?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:25 am

Yu Die gave you another uncomfortable look. Ryan nodded though.
"Good and to be honest we are all a little rattled by everything that have been going on. I am glad you are okey though."
He said then he grinned.
"If you died Ange would never let me hear the end of it."

Serge smiled at the mention of his Mentor. "Yeah she would...." he said with a sigh, beginning to miss her slightly.

"Well we are siblings from a magickal lineage perspective not a biological one. But yes we get along fine Sir but it must be a bit strange for him,he was Dr Wong's first apprentice and now he have to share his teacher with me...that must be strange."
Yu Die said and glanced up at you.

"Oh right! I forgot about magickal lineage." Serge said embarrassed that he had assumed their relationship so hastily.

"It might be a little strange for him but I doubt it bother's him. It's not like your taking anything from him. You both still have your mentor." he said returning her glance with a smile on his face.

"I don't have any brother's or sister biologically. Magickally, I don't think I have any either, unless my mentor's been keeping secrets from me. I do have a cousin though. She's over their sleeping like a rock." Serge said with a chuckle pointing to Rosa.

Ryan put his hand on your shoulder and he gave you a fond smile.
"I will try my best to stay alive Serge, and thank you, knowing that my apprentice will be taken care of if something should happen makes this allot easier for me."

"It's no problem. I'm sure you'll be fine." Serge said with a smile of confidence plastered on his face that hid his worry underneath.

Then with a chuckle, Serge said, "I probably shouldn't be delaying you here. Your team probably needs their time wizard."
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:01 am

Anja's Post:
You hid behind the rusty old car, it did not make you visible from the doorway, there also where not much of a door left after the blast Antonio had sent through. The enemy seamed to be smart enough to understand that just rushing in here would make them good targets so for a moment everything went quiet.
"We need to act,the longer we wait the more chance they get to work up something big."
Antonio said and he glanced at you from where he was hiding behind the work bench his hands busy scribbling in his note book.

'I know that!' Nicole replied irritably, moving along the car as to get as close to Antonio as possible while still remaining out of enemy range. After all, there was a good chance the enemy was hunkering down, to blow them apart if they pressed forward. Possible 'solutions' passed through the large woman's mind; most of them ended with her being shot dead, save the one in which she got blown up instead.

'How about the others? Call 'em in through the other way?' she said in a whisper.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:18 am

Nicole:

'I know that!' Nicole replied irritably, moving along the car as to get as close to Antonio as possible while still remaining out of enemy range. After all, there was a good chance the enemy was hunkering down, to blow them apart if they pressed forward. Possible 'solutions' passed through the large woman's mind; most of them ended with her being shot dead, save the one in which she got blown up instead.

You managed to maneuver pretty close to Antonio, there was no sounds from the enemies other than a few grunts now and again at least one of them where clearly injured, other than that the Nephandi was silent which where not a good sign.

'How about the others? Call 'em in through the other way?' she said in a whisper.

Antonio nodded at that and he took another page in his notebook and mate a few more notes with his pen.
"I have let them know."
He whispered back.
"I could try sending a rote down that corridor to disturb whatever the Nephandi are working on."
He muttered and started writing again.

Serge:

Serge smiled at the mention of his Mentor. "Yeah she would...." he said with a sigh, beginning to miss her slightly.

"She is quite a lady your Mentor and she do care about you greatly."
Your uncle said and smiled.

"Oh right! I forgot about magickal lineage." Serge said embarrassed that he had assumed their relationship so hastily.

"It might be a little strange for him but I doubt it bother's him. It's not like your taking anything from him. You both still have your mentor." he said returning her glance with a smile on his face.

"I don't have any brother's or sister biologically. Magickally, I don't think I have any either, unless my mentor's been keeping secrets from me. I do have a cousin though. She's over their sleeping like a rock." Serge said with a chuckle pointing to Rosa.

"I do hope my brother is okey with me being our Mentor's new student."
Yu Die said and nodded.
"And it is nice to have a sibling, I have been sent from foster home to foster home you know but for the first time since my parents died I feel like I have a family you know."
The young Akashic said and Ryan smiled then he looked at you and shook his head.
"No you are Ange's first apprentice, one day though she is likely to take another when she find a promising student."

Yu Die glanced in at the sleeping Rosa an smiled.
"She looks nice Sir."
She said about Rosa.

"It's no problem. I'm sure you'll be fine." Serge said with a smile of confidence plastered on his face that hid his worry underneath.

Then with a chuckle, Serge said, "I probably shouldn't be delaying you here. Your team probably needs their time wizard."

"I will do my best to stay alive yes."
Ryan said.
"Do not worry kid and yes I have to get back and do my job...now you be a good girl Yu Die."
He said and Master Boz nodded.
"I should go as well Mr Yager if you would please care for Liv until I come back then I will repay your kindness young man."
The Hermetic said.

Colin:

Colin smiled, "Precisely - in that respect, the ranking system is a yardstick for qualifications."

"Very true."
Dalisse said and she nodded in agreement.

He grinned, "Well, in this particular case, there are certain factors that help - thanks to Gabriel, she has one hell of a library to her name. And after a little curation, I will do my damned best to make sure that library is hers. I can't permit any Qlippothic texts, obviously, but there's plenty of study materials for us both there..."

"A tressure then a student with a library, even so though taking care of a young Fallen is not going to be easy, she will have dark impulses and idea that will be hard to control."
The Handler said.
"I hope you will manage though."

He grimaced, "Ah, yes, the term 'fly on the wall' generally refers to an unobserved observer, not an actual fly... I'm sure you'll notice her reaction, though."

"I will notice it yet."
She muttered sadly and she looked down at her wounded hand and shivered.

He frowned, "Just one of them? Hm, let's see... there's a car mechanic's workshop and a residence, as I recall... is it one of those?"

"It is the car mechanic shop that is being attacked, I am not sure it is going to well for your side though for I feel massive waves of Qlipothic energy flowing from there. But yes there is also a portal in the garage under a shopping mall, this portal is still fine though."
Dalisse said and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:49 am

"A tressure then a student with a library, even so though taking care of a young Fallen is not going to be easy, she will have dark impulses and idea that will be hard to control."
The Handler said.
"I hope you will manage though."
Colin smiled wryly, "I've yet to see her dark impulses, actually - I think they are buried quite deep under her distaste for Gabriel's torturous hobby... And no, it won't be easy, but not entirely for the reasons you think."

"It is the car mechanic shop that is being attacked, I am not sure it is going to well for your side though for I feel massive waves of Qlipothic energy flowing from there. But yes there is also a portal in the garage under a shopping mall, this portal is still fine though."
He frowned and tapped out a quick message to Morgan, 'I hear our team at the mechanic shop is facing resistance. I also just learned of another entrance through the garage under a shopping mall; did we know of that one already? CW'
He sighed, "Hard to say whose forces are winning in a confrontation Earthside, as it were - my people are more likely to rely on firearms for offensive measures, to avoid Paradox. If the defenders are relying on vulgar magic, that may spell their doom almost as quickly as a bullet..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:00 am

Colin smiled wryly, "I've yet to see her dark impulses, actually - I think they are buried quite deep under her distaste for Gabriel's torturous hobby... And no, it won't be easy, but not entirely for the reasons you think."

"Yes growing up with a Mentor who enjoys torture as a hobby can not have been easy, perhaps the child have seen her fill of that."

He frowned and tapped out a quick message to Morgan, 'I hear our team at the mechanic shop is facing resistance. I also just learned of another entrance through the garage under a shopping mall; did we know of that one already? CW'

You got a reply back.
"To: Mr Wainwright
Topic: Labyrinth Portals.
"Yes we did know about he portal under the shopping mall a second team have been sent there as we speak, I am concerned that our team at the first portal site are having trouble though.
Be Well
JM"

He sighed, "Hard to say whose forces are winning in a confrontation Earthside, as it were - my people are more likely to rely on firearms for offensive measures, to avoid Paradox. If the defenders are relying on vulgar magic, that may spell their doom almost as quickly as a bullet..."

"Yes vulgar magick on earth is not safe for a Fallen but they can do allot of damage before Paradox takes them down. I am not sure I can help much though, not without my involvement being discovered."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:40 pm

Anja's Post:
You managed to maneuver pretty close to Antonio, there was no sounds from the enemies other than a few grunts now and again at least one of them where clearly injured, other than that the Nephandi was silent which where not a good sign.

Antonio nodded at that and he took another page in his notebook and mate a few more notes with his pen.
"I have let them know."
He whispered back.
"I could try sending a rote down that corridor to disturb whatever the Nephandi are working on."
He muttered and started writing again.

Nicole nodded to this. 'Do what you think's best. Unless you know a way to make me immortal for a couple of minutes while I clear 'em.' They were clearly bogged down - a situation which she swore would never happen again.

Naturally, this hinged on both her and the world surviving long enough for "again" to happen.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:18 pm

"Immortality for you or anyone else is far beyond my powers I'm afraid Miss Bouchard however I can create a kinetic shield for you that will repel bullets for a while, if you have some plan to take them out."
Antonio offered.
"I have one myself and I can create a blast of wind down the corridor to cover our approach, the question is if they would have anticipated such an approach."

(OOC: Did Nicole just ask Antonio about God Mode On? Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:52 pm

A worried frown, which started to change to a rather nasty smile. 'Hmm... gust of wind, yes? Is it possible for you to blow an object through the door, then to send a fireball when the object reaches 'em? This is an auto shop; sure I'll be able to find something very flammable - or even explosive 'round here somewhere.'

[God Mode would be nice, but Nick's not much of a gamer so didn't use that term].
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum