The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:44 pm

"You've already made plenty of friends already. Me, Jane, Liv, Yu Die, and Rosa. And you'll make a ton more as time goes on." Serge said with a smile.

"I'm sure you'll fit right in. Did they tell you your Mentor's name?" he asked curiously.

"Thank you Sir...I like making new friends, at my former Chantry there are many children, first and second degrees wo are learning the early degrees before they are shipped off to train with teachers."
Cava said and she smiled then she sigh.
"No they did not say who my new Mentor was, only that Chantry Steelhaven had requested a newly Awakened student as a gift for someone as good apprentices are hard to come by."

"That shade of pink it it then." Serge announced as he searched through Jane's art supplies, trying to find a pink pencil crayon that somewhat matched the color on the lunch box. Once he did he carefully colored in the wings of his winged-cat, shading it just right so it matched the lunchbox.

"Jay...that is so cool Sir!"
Cava exclaimed. There where allot of pinks in Jane's box of art supplies so you found one that where similar to the base tone of the lunch box, the iridescent effect you had to get with layers and shading.

"Of course! Who doesn't?" Serge laughed, agreeing to Rosa's plans.

"I don't know Cousin, vegetarians perhaps."
Rosa said and grinned. Yu Die looked up.
"We can make something very similar Miss Olsen."
She informed the Cultist.
"Ah well in that case no one dislike spaghetti and meat sauce."
The young Cultist joked.

Serge remembered the young alchemist and even still held onto the potion that he had given him earlier. He gave him a curious look before saying, "Yeah we're not doing much. Just taking care of some children and doing some drawing."

"Ok...thanks. I think what I have to say is safe for children to hear, it is just information about where to go and what to do if the Chantry is attacked."
Arn said.
"Do you know where our main Node is located Mr Yager?"

(OOC: Agreed I have done that with my characters a few times and that did indeed get crazy. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:07 pm

"Off course young warrior my door is always open to members of the Chantry, come by when you feel like it and I will put on a kettle of tea, I am afraid I do not have any of the dreadful black stuff your father drinks." The Deaconess said and you saw that she was beginning to look a little pale

"I look forward to that, ma'am. First, let's get through all this..." he said, glancing at her again - yes, pallor. He'd not realised just how strong her echoes were to be affected by mostly mixed metals like his car. Though old junker that it was it probably had more iron in it than newer ones.

The Deaconess gave you an even look. "You young man have never had a feline companion have you?" Was her reply when you said that cats don't do magick. "However they generally do not try to destroy the world, the living room yes, but not the world."

He raised an eyebrow. "I...have not. I wasn't allowed to have any pets," he said. People in his neighborhood had cats and dogs and fish, and he'd wanted one too but as an adult he couldn't fault his parents for not wanting to care for that plus all three of them.

"Indeed if we make the fallen healer think he is a cat, he will be busy washing his own behind with his tounge rather than trying to attack us, which will suit me marvelously." Mara said.

"Better than doing us harm, or those around him," he agreed with a nod, not that he particularly wanted to witness that spectacle it would be bearable in light of the danger.

"No the girl is her own entity, she might feel it when the fallen healer dies as they are linked but it should not harm her. I do not think it will be easy for him to escape into her...but that I can not say for sure." She said and frowned. "Cats however do not jump bodies...they jump for yummy birds."

"Good point, if he can't really have an intention to do it then he probably won't."

"If baby is not here perhaps mama is." Mara said and she smiled. "What we are looking for we might just find." She added.

"I'm not sure what you mean just yet but I will try to keep my eyes open and not miss it this time," he said.

Duncan gave you a confused look in the mirror. "Ehm...yes...ehm perhaps we should take this up with your Mentor Mr Roth Hicks, for now perhaps we should find a parking lot and get Master O'Connor out of the car?" He said and he gave the large mage woman a worried look.

"Working on it, we're nearly there," he said with a nod back - yes he'd noticed that she seemed affected and was following his pater's car towards a lot at his best speed.

//M20 pages 540-543: Extended roll limits are permanent WP trait+Arete - It's not multiplicative. However, this is /also/ limited by stamina: work for one hour per stamina dot - each subsequent hour, rolls stamina at the base difficulty of the ritual or suffer penalties. 541 and 542 also have optional rolls for different types of rites and extended rolls and taking breaks or collaborators and acting in concert. Dox can also be also a real bitch if you botch twice in a ritual so that's a realistic concern. The more you roll the more chance there is to blow the whole thing and everyone involved shares the joy of the dox in some way >. < I've been using M20 rules on extended rolls anyway but IG there's been realistic time limits too, I can't think of when I rolled the full 9 rolls for Adley.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:54 pm

"I look forward to that, ma'am. First, let's get through all this..." he said, glancing at her again - yes, pallor. He'd not realised just how strong her echoes were to be affected by mostly mixed metals like his car. Though old junker that it was it probably had more iron in it than newer ones.

"I do so to young warrior you are such a polite young man, though you laugh to seldom."
She said and gave you a slight smile.
"You should enjoy life more child."

He raised an eyebrow. "I...have not. I wasn't allowed to have any pets," he said. People in his neighborhood had cats and dogs and fish, and he'd wanted one too but as an adult he couldn't fault his parents for not wanting to care for that plus all three of them.

"Animals child have their own kind of magick, in many ways they live with far fewer illusions than we do, something you will see when you live close to them"
The Deaconess said fondly as she played with the oil kittens in her lap.
"We can learn allot from animals you know."

"Better than doing us harm, or those around him," he agreed with a nod, not that he particularly wanted to witness that spectacle it would be bearable in light of the danger.

"Agreed."
Mara said and nodded.
"And I promise I will not give your Mentor a heart attack with insisting on keeping him."

"Good point, if he can't really have an intention to do it then he probably won't."

"He could have set up something in advance off course, you can do anything with magick that you could imagine that is why I so love the Art but most likely no if the fallen healer think he is a cat, he will be fairly harmless."
Mara said and nodded she gave you a tired smile.

"I'm not sure what you mean just yet but I will try to keep my eyes open and not miss it this time," he said.

The Deaconess smiled.
"Yes...I do believe you will and that you will see what I mean in time."

"Working on it, we're nearly there," he said with a nod back - yes he'd noticed that she seemed affected and was following his pater's car towards a lot at his best speed.

Your Mentor drove into the large parking lot in front of the hospital, found a spot to park and did so, the lot was rather full but you did find a empty slot near to your Mentor, by now your Deaconess looked rather nauseous but even then she did not loose the glow to her cheeks, just like with Amadeus even when sick she looked like the image of summery health.

(OOC: I think these rules are pretty good for keeping mages just a bit in check. I once had Kristina while I played her as a PC just sit for a day working magick and when done she had 17 in all physical stats, could she maintain it more than a day and not die from pattern damage...no but a day was more than enough to do some serious damage.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:20 pm

"I do so to young warrior you are such a polite young man, though you laugh to seldom." She said and gave you a slight smile.

"These battles haven't given me much opportunity, though I'm glad my amicus seems to make me laugh even when we're waist deep in trouble."

"Animals child have their own kind of magick, in many ways they live with far fewer illusions than we do, something you will see when you live close to them"
The Deaconess said fondly as she played with the oil kittens in her lap. "We can learn allot from animals you know."

"I feel a similar sentiment for the spirits that I work with, they have also taught me things."

"Agreed." Mara said and nodded."And I promise I will not give your Mentor a heart attack with insisting on keeping him."

That made him laugh a bit, shaking his head. "Him and me both, ma'am."

Your Mentor drove into the large parking lot in front of the hospital, found a spot to park and did so, the lot was rather full but you did find a empty slot near to your Mentor, by now your Deaconess looked rather nauseous but even then she did not loose the glow to her cheeks, just like with Amadeus even when sick she looked like the image of summery health

As he got the slot, he checked around the car to see how busy it was, any cameras or the like that he could spot from where they were and what the others with his pater were up to, if he was close enough. "Alright, here we are - anything we need to do before we get out we should probably get done..."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:35 pm

Anja's Post:
"Most of the Hagalaz woman's traps are area based so you can avoid them by not stepping into them, other than that...counter magick or some way...to dispel them are your...best bet."
The Nephanda said weakly.

'Do you know how small they can be? Easy to hide if the size of a penny, it would be.' Nicole replied.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:47 pm

Adley:

"These battles haven't given me much opportunity, though I'm glad my amicus seems to make me laugh even when we're waist deep in trouble."

"The Craftsman is a good influence on you, but the Order makes children grow up to fast."
The Deaconess said.
"You should still laugh more young warrior, after all you never know when you will die."
She said happily.
"So you should enjoy life while you can"

"I feel a similar sentiment for the spirits that I work with, they have also taught me things."

"Spirits are beautiful beings, I find I understand them more easily than I understand people."
Mara admitted.

That made him laugh a bit, shaking his head. "Him and me both, ma'am."

"At times I do think Jeffry worry to much you know child...then again it is his job to worry, he is the knight defending the castle."

As he got the slot, he checked around the car to see how busy it was, any cameras or the like that he could spot from where they were and what the others with his pater were up to, if he was close enough. "Alright, here we are - anything we need to do before we get out we should probably get done..."

"I very much would like to leave this contraption."
Mara said and she opened the door and Duncan hurried out to support her just in case she felt faint. You see the rest of the party getting out of Jeffry's old car. There where cameras at the far end of the parking lot though. It was a busy parking lot so you where up to your eyeballs in stressed sleepers there to visit sick loved ones, even more stressed sleepers there to go to work and sick sleepers going to get treatments or examinations, there where quite a bit of ebb and flow on the parking lot though.
"Look at them all running around."
Mara exclaimed.
"But let us leave this iron forest and get to somewhere green to finish our plans."
She urged.

Nicole:

Do you know how small they can be? Easy to hide if the size of a penny, it would be.' Nicole replied.

"Yeah...sure the rune engravings can be quite small and easy...to hide."
The Nephanda confirmed and she coughed and winced sharply.
"Fuck it hurts!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:07 pm

Dalisse sigh and she nodded gravely at that.
"Well what needs to be done needs to be done."
She commented.
Colin nodded, "And that boy is a clear and present threat to Mage society, and the uneasy truce between our societies... For all to live, he's got to go."

"Ehm...I see."
Dalisse said clearly not understanding.
He smiled thinly, "Doctors in a mobile military hospital. A dark subject for comedy, but perhaps that made it one of the most important comedy series in history..."

"Well if one is human at least, and quite a few others as well."
He nodded, "Well, now I start wondering what manifested spirits consist of..."

"You are probably right Colin, perhaps that is part of the learning process that we need, that our unresolved issues comes back to haunt us, but yes perhaps fate played a hand in your group finding out about what Lady Larson is up to but what you then do with that chance event is up to you."
She said and nodded.
He smiled thinly, "You know, there have been times when I've wondered if perhaps every Awakened human I've met in this life - Technocrat, Nephandus or Traditionalist, or any other variation thereof - is someone with whom I crossed paths in a previous life... Perhaps we met, a thousand years ago, or in an incarnation before that..."

"I think he will appreciate that you are not mistreating his soul at least, and thank you for agreeing to my request."
The Handler said and she smiled a little.
He nodded, "I am curious about Phylacteries, so with his consent, I will examine it... and clean it of mundane tarnish. Feeding him something he likes is certainly the very least I could do..."

"I do not know if it works like that Colin but it would be really nice if it did."
Dalisse said and smiled sadly.
"It is worth trying at least."
He nodded, "Magic is the product of Will, of Intent... the stuff of wishes, if you will. A single candle lit like that might not have the power to secure a certain outcome in the next life... but it just might light the path to a better chance... Sometimes, shining a light on the road is the best we can do."

Dalisse returned she set the water pitcher down next to the table and filled a glass with it.
"If you could add a pinch of the sand to this then Colin."
She said and she handed you the glass as she looked over the prepared table.
"I can work with this."
She said and nodded approvingly.
"Shall we start then as soon as the sand and water is mixed?"
He nodded, opening one of his own sachets and poured about half of the sand into the glass, "About this much, then? Yes... I believe I am as ready as can be."

((OOC: Wait, the M20 rule is Willpower+Arete successes for *every* extended roll? No difference between improvisation and Rote? ...Then what is the mechanical benefit of having a Rote, except having the calculations and descriptions ready at hand?))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:15 pm

"Jay...that is so cool Sir!"
Cava exclaimed. There where allot of pinks in Jane's box of art supplies so you found one that where similar to the base tone of the lunch box, the iridescent effect you had to get with layers and shading.

"Here you can keep it if you want." Serge said, ripping the page out of his notebook after he was done the complicated coloring job and handing it to the young girl.

"Ok...thanks. I think what I have to say is safe for children to hear, it is just information about where to go and what to do if the Chantry is attacked."
Arn said.
"Do you know where our main Node is located Mr Yager?"

"I'm afraid I do not." Serge said simply.

"If I'd have to guess it's either in the basement or at the center of the chantry. After all where else would you put a giant source of magickal energy? But I don't know it's exact location or how to get to it." Serge said with a shrug.

(OOC: I believe with rotes you get a lowered difficulty and that's it. At least that's what I remember reading. )
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:30 am

"The Craftsman is a good influence on you, but the Order makes children grow up to fast." The Deaconess said. "You should still laugh more young warrior, after all you never know when you will die." She said happily. "So you should enjoy life while you can"

"I think the young people call the sense of carpe diem 'YOLO' now," he said, amused. "'You only live once,' but that's not quite true. I have too much that needs to be done to die any time soon, ma'am. I have always tried to take my duties seriously. I suppose I am a strange one, they say my House are supposed to love war and being in battles, jumping into the jaws of death and all that. I find them necessary to protect those I care about but not something 'fun.' I fight so others can enjoy a more peaceful life. Even with all this trouble though I have experienced things that...I am grateful for and have brought me joy."

"Spirits are beautiful beings, I find I understand them more easily than I understand people." Mara admitted.

"Some of them are, at least," he said with a nod. "Sometimes they are inscrutable in their own way too. And others ought to stay where they belong..."

"I very much would like to leave this contraption." Mara said and she opened the door and Duncan hurried out to support her just in case she felt faint. You see the rest of the party getting out of Jeffry's old car. There where cameras at the far end of the parking lot though. It was a busy parking lot so you where up to your eyeballs in stressed sleepers there to visit sick loved ones, even more stressed sleepers there to go to work and sick sleepers going to get treatments or examinations, there where quite a bit of ebb and flow on the parking lot though. "Look at them all running around." Mara exclaimed. "But let us leave this iron forest and get to somewhere green to finish our plans."

"Very well, we can take the path around to the riverside, that would probably help," he suggested, glancing around the car for anything to take and then locking it and pocketing the keys.

//What rotes were and could provide as mechanical advantage has shifted between every edition which is annoying. Rote used to just mean an effect with more than one sphere. With revised, rotes had actual rules about how many you could learn  (iirc) and were used to contrast spontaneous fast-casting casting magick by lowering the set difficulty by one. You could also share or trade them with people of similar paradigms and learn them from others and from grimoire books instead of experimenting on your own to figure it out. Some rotes were/are coveted secrets and restricted to certain groups, like making primium. But the revised rules could feel very restrictive as people tended to focus on rotes rather than the overall flexibility of the intended magick system.

In M20 rotes/procedures/adjustments are considered pre-prepared spells that have a history or in the case of Technocrats are 'approved' by superiors for use. Something they used before or learned from someone, that's it. But, since fast casting/spontaneous magick in fights have a +1 difficulty modifier  (unless the effect is based in Do and martial arts or uses weapons as a focus), it might make sense that some rotes may not count as spontaneous as they are 'pre-prepared'. Up to the GM ofc, but if fast-cast or spontaneous 'ass pulls' aren't 'rotes' as they are pre-prepared, it could negate the +1 diff modifier, making it the same difference as revised. There are optional rules on 529 for learning rotes but that's how I read it.

Extended rolls allow you to build sux against the difficulty/threshold regardless if what you are doing is spontaneous or a rote (circumstances permitting), since some of what you might want to do need more sux than you can generate in one Arete roll to make the effect succeed, or if you want to dump sux into duration etc. and not spend WP.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:17 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "And that boy is a clear and present threat to Mage society, and the uneasy truce between our societies... For all to live, he's got to go."

Dalisse nodded at that.
"Sadly I agree."

He smiled thinly, "Doctors in a mobile military hospital. A dark subject for comedy, but perhaps that made it one of the most important comedy series in history..."

"And this is an TV series?"
The Handler asked.

He nodded, "Well, now I start wondering what manifested spirits consist of..."

"When physically manifested they are made of Ephemera and and will, it is just sifted into a frequency we can interact with physically, nothing more."
She said and smiled a little.

He smiled thinly, "You know, there have been times when I've wondered if perhaps every Awakened human I've met in this life - Technocrat, Nephandus or Traditionalist, or any other variation thereof - is someone with whom I crossed paths in a previous life... Perhaps we met, a thousand years ago, or in an incarnation before that..."

"Many think that souls travel in groups, if the theory that Avatars incarnate to learn, then look at it as a class in school, each student have their own lessons but they do interact with one another."
The Handler said and nodded.
"I do not know for sure though."

He nodded, "I am curious about Phylacteries, so with his consent, I will examine it... and clean it of mundane tarnish. Feeding him something he likes is certainly the very least I could do..."

"Phylacteries are most interesting. Do you know that in Chicago there is a young man who's Avatar is the soul of the city, unfortunately Lady Abigail have had plans for him...his condition are fascinating though."
Dalisse said and she got a curious look in her eyes.
"I am grateful that you are kind to Siege though...when not in battle with him."

He nodded, "Magic is the product of Will, of Intent... the stuff of wishes, if you will. A single candle lit like that might not have the power to secure a certain outcome in the next life... but it just might light the path to a better chance... Sometimes, shining a light on the road is the best we can do."

"You are right, and I like that way to look at it."
The Handler said warmly and she patted your hand gently as a grandmother might when her grandson said something profound.

He nodded, opening one of his own sachets and poured about half of the sand into the glass, "About this much, then? Yes... I believe I am as ready as can be."

"That looks like a good amount yes."
Dalisse said.
"Gve me a moment I will cast a quick spell to give us a bit more time to work. then I am ready."
Dalisse said then she flashed several hand sigils before casting a simple spell to extend time, not by much but enough to get a little bit of an edge, as she cast her spell you saw one of your little time balls sitting at the base of one of her webbed fingers like a ring, the Handler did not seam to notice the time abnormality there as she finished her working.
"Ok I am ready, I will begin the ritual, drawing from the Node and then we go for Lady Larson."
She said as she got comfortable and got ready, extending her hands over the table.

Serge:

"Here you can keep it if you want." Serge said, ripping the page out of his notebook after he was done the complicated coloring job and handing it to the young girl.

"Thank you Sir I will tressure it."
Cava said and smiled.
"I will draw something for you now."
She said as she readied a new sheet of paper.

"I'm afraid I do not." Serge said simply.

"If I'd have to guess it's either in the basement or at the center of the chantry. After all where else would you put a giant source of magickal energy? But I don't know it's exact location or how to get to it." Serge said with a shrug.

"Well we did not put the Node there Mr Yager, the Node have always been here Master Steelhaven just bought a house where a Node was located in the basement. You go to the magickal section of the basement, the last room in the hallway are the Node chamber itis the best warded room in the Chantry. If we get overrun I want you to go there, bring Miss Olsen and the children and help protect them, arrangements will be made to teleport you all out, but at the Node you will be safe for a while even if Steelhaven falls."
Arn explained.
"Do you understand?"

Adley:

"I think the young people call the sense of carpe diem 'YOLO' now," he said, amused.

"Yolo...sounds like some colorful fruit drink...well I enjoy those so it is all well I guess."
The Deaconess said and she smiled again.

"'You only live once,' but that's not quite true.

"No...that is not quite true at all."
She said sounding amused.

I have too much that needs to be done to die any time soon, ma'am. I have always tried to take my duties seriously. I suppose I am a strange one, they say my House are supposed to love war and being in battles, jumping into the jaws of death and all that. I find them necessary to protect those I care about but not something 'fun.' I fight so others can enjoy a more peaceful life. Even with all this trouble though I have experienced things that...I am grateful for and have brought me joy."

"I have met many members of your House young warrior and while some are what you say, enjoying only war and death, living for the thrill of battle and for glory and while that have it's place far more of you are protectors, who fight so the rest of us will not have to. I know your Mentor child he have been a member of my Cabal for a long time and while he is a force to be reconed with in battle, he fight only when there is need and he is more happy being a teacher than a warrior, but he will use his power for the benefit of others for as long as he is able and there is need, that I think is more noble than to just live for glory."
The old fay mage said softly.
"And you take after him well child you are a fine young Flambeau."

"Some of them are, at least," he said with a nod. "Sometimes they are inscrutable in their own way too. And others ought to stay where they belong..."

"Stay where they belong you say...yes perhaps they should indeed...but that do not diminish their beauty."
The old maga said and she happily let one of the kittens play with her many bracelets.

"Very well, we can take the path around to the riverside, that would probably help," he suggested, glancing around the car for anything to take and then locking it and pocketing the keys.

"I am very grateful."
Mara said. You saw your Mentor and the rest of them come over to you.
"Well we are here, now we need to come up with a plan of action."
Jeffry said. Ducan walked over to him and bowed and he begun to show him a map on his phone and explain what part of the hospital Mrs Von Hess said that Jace was in. Jeffry looked at the phone with some distrust clearly not trusting maps on screens.

As Duncan where explaining things to Jeffry you saw two women walk out of the hospital and into the parking lot, the oldest o them a pretty woman in her 30's with long dark hair in a ponytails caught glimpse of your group she signaled to the other woman, a girl who looked to be about the age of your collage students in a warning manner and the two of them turned and headed back into the hospital.

(OOC: Thank you for the explination Strife. The way I have always seen rotes are the spells a mage know by heart. Look at it as with real life occultism, some rituals big or small one know by heart, have done them a million times and can just do them even when there is allot of distractions, it is just easier, than when trying to do something one have never done before, whatever or not one believe such things have an effect. Or look at songs, a rote would be a song where you know the words and melody by heart and regular spells are when you have to sit there with the text before you muddeling through, as such rotes means you have lower diff.

I have to admit that I might have missed the M20 way of doing things and I have still used the 2 edition one where having a rote means i is 1 less diff as you know them by heart. In 2 edition it is not harder to do combat magick in and off itself, however stressful situation might make things harder depending on Paradigm and how much the mage have to focus on their spells. We can use the 2ed version though if you guys prefer that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:17 pm

"And this is an TV series?"
The Handler asked.
Colin nodded, "It's called MASH... Good show, really, though I expect you would not have much opportunity to see it here."

"Many think that souls travel in groups, if the theory that Avatars incarnate to learn, then look at it as a class in school, each student have their own lessons but they do interact with one another."
"I do not know for sure though."
He grinned, "Take my word for it - many souls, it seems, very much do travel in groups. So far, I have positively identified about half a dozen people whose past lives and mine were linked - albeit in at least one case perhaps only by association, through another. All the same, that's not to say we all reincarnate exclusively with old friends and foes..."

"Phylacteries are most interesting. Do you know that in Chicago there is a young man who's Avatar is the soul of the city, unfortunately Lady Abigail have had plans for him...his condition are fascinating though."
Dalisse said and she got a curious look in her eyes.
"I am grateful that you are kind to Siege though...when not in battle with him."
He nodded, "I am aware of the chap... and we managed to interrupt Abigail's work. The soul of a city, though, sounds like an almost ridiculous source of strength, and a great vulnerability all in one. Though if he learns to master his abilities, I suppose Chicago could not ask for a better protector."
He sighed, "As for Siege... he fought bravely and cleverly. I am inclined to suspect that if he had been given a bit more freedom and input in the planning phase, he might well have had stronger odds on his side. Also, it didn't help him that we rather expected another distraction maneuver from Larson. I would not have enjoyed taking him on in a fair fight... though I suspect that might be mutual."

"That looks like a good amount yes."
Dalisse said.
"Gve me a moment I will cast a quick spell to give us a bit more time to work. then I am ready."
Dalisse said then she flashed several hand sigils before casting a simple spell to extend time, not by much but enough to get a little bit of an edge, as she cast her spell you saw one of your little time balls sitting at the base of one of her webbed fingers like a ring, the Handler did not seam to notice the time abnormality there as she finished her working.
"Ok I am ready, I will begin the ritual, drawing from the Node and then we go for Lady Larson."
She said as she got comfortable and got ready, extending her hands over the table.
He nodded and closed the sachet again, then frowned at Dalisse's hand, "Ah... I'm going to need a moment. Future me wants a word, it seems. If you would permit?"
He reached out and touched the little anomaly, and braced himself for the imminent momentary confusion.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:14 pm

Anja's Post:
"Yeah...sure the rune engravings can be quite small and easy...to hide."
The Nephanda confirmed and she coughed and winced sharply.
"Fuck it hurts!"

Another short silence before Nicole replied. 'Does the Labyrinth have an alarm system? And what kind of attack were you expecting?'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:49 pm

"Thank you Sir I will tressure it."
Cava said and smiled.
"I will draw something for you now."
She said as she readied a new sheet of paper.

"I look forward to it." Serge said with a smile.

"Well we did not put the Node there Mr Yager, the Node have always been here Master Steelhaven just bought a house where a Node was located in the basement. You go to the magickal section of the basement, the last room in the hallway are the Node chamber itis the best warded room in the Chantry. If we get overrun I want you to go there, bring Miss Olsen and the children and help protect them, arrangements will be made to teleport you all out, but at the Node you will be safe for a while even if Steelhaven falls."
Arn explained.
"Do you understand?"

"Gotcha. Go to the magickal section of the basement and head for the last room in the hallway if we get invaded." Serge said repeating what he had heard to reaffirm it within his memory.

"How will we know if we've been overrun? Are their any alarms to signal danger or something like that? Serge asked.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:42 pm

Colin Labyrinth Now:

Colin nodded, "It's called MASH... Good show, really, though I expect you would not have much opportunity to see it here."

"I can not say I have seen many TV shows Colin so no I have not had an opertunity to see the one you are mentioning."
Dalisse said simply.

He grinned, "Take my word for it - many souls, it seems, very much do travel in groups. So far, I have positively identified about half a dozen people whose past lives and mine were linked - albeit in at least one case perhaps only by association, through another. All the same, that's not to say we all reincarnate exclusively with old friends and foes..."

"Hum...that is interesting. Well I guess that even if souls travel together that do not mean they have to be close during a particular incarnation."
Dalisse said.
"For me I can not say that I remember much of my past lives really."

He nodded, "I am aware of the chap... and we managed to interrupt Abigail's work. The soul of a city, though, sounds like an almost ridiculous source of strength, and a great vulnerability all in one. Though if he learns to master his abilities, I suppose Chicago could not ask for a better protector."

"Ah so Lady Abigail's plans did not come to fruition? That is good. Well let us just say that the young man will have a vested interest in keeping Chicago safe."

He sighed, "As for Siege... he fought bravely and cleverly. I am inclined to suspect that if he had been given a bit more freedom and input in the planning phase, he might well have had stronger odds on his side. Also, it didn't help him that we rather expected another distraction maneuver from Larson. I would not have enjoyed taking him on in a fair fight... though I suspect that might be mutual."

"Siege is a good fighter but he is better with mundane weapons than magickal ones."
Dalisse commented.
"At least he did all he could for a cause he believe in whatever or not we agree with that cause, his dedication and willingness to sacrifice himself for the Nephandi can be admired."

He nodded and closed the sachet again, then frowned at Dalisse's hand, "Ah... I'm going to need a moment. Future me wants a word, it seems. If you would permit?"
He reached out and touched the little anomaly, and braced himself for the imminent momentary confusion.

Dalisse gave you a very confused look.
"You future self...I am not sure I understand Colin."
She said as you touched the little anomaly on her hand and the world spun.

Boston Early October:

Everything was a total chaos, it was hard to believe that two minutes ago all had been calm, You had brought Anna to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center to have her stomach examined, her intestines had been affected by the bullet that almost claimed her life as well and Dr Lee felt it was important to keep and eye on it and how it was healing. Getting Anna to go to had hospital had never been easy but Richard had assured you no needles where needed, she would drink contrast fluid and have a CT and ultrasound taken. The Akashic had performed this examination himself twice but the young mage girl had complained of stomach pain lately and often been nauseous and Dr Lee had felt a new examination with the more advanced equipment the prestigious university hospital had available where a good idea.

Well everything had gone well Anna was nervous about seeing something she did not want to see in the hospital but with your and her therapist's support you had gotten her to agree to come and the visit had started well, a sweet young nurse named Louse had greeted you and given her the rather foul tasting concoction she where to drink, she Anna had done and not protested, then she had met a boy her own age in the waiting room between the two examinations, she did not often get to talk with children her own age and she had been quite exited...so far so good, but then the same nurse Louise had come out to inform the boy Case's mother that to get a proper look at what might be wrong with the kid they needed contrast and he refused, when his mother then decided to handle that situation by having three nurses try to drag the kid into the examination room Anna acted to defend her new friend and everything happened so very, very fast, before you had time to stop her she had hit one of the nurses with a chair, kicked a second in the shin hard enough to have the woman down on the floor holding her leg and groaning, the third nurse Louse had backed away in shock over just how fast this child had managed to disable three adults which had given Anna the chance to grab Case by the hand and flee down the corridor. You could block her magick though her collar off course so there was a limit to how much damage she could do, but seeing her new friend scared had triggered her own fear and she was now clearly determined to defend Case from his own mother and the hospital staff. Case's mother a rather large lady with finely made cloths that made it clear that unlike you going to this hospital was not an expense she was barely able to afford, where screaming at you.
"What a little monster...stop her you child should be in a cage Sir how dare she interfere you will hear from my lawyers I will sue you for your last penny!"
The woman shouted as she stomped her high heeled foot on the floor while the two nurse Anna had taken down where groaning and more and more patients and staff came to see what the hell was going on. The enraged woman went on and on about how insulted she where and she was sort of blocking your path from being able to sprint after the two children and stop them before they create more ruckus. Anna's therapist had her mundane practice at this hospital though so you might be able to call her to get help to intercept the fleeing children but right now the situation where just sound and chaos...and so quiet it had been two minutes ago.

Nicole:

Another short silence before Nicole replied. 'Does the Labyrinth have an alarm system? And what kind of attack were you expecting?'

"We where expecting the...Traditions to attack I do not know what kind, you never know what kind."
The woman said and cough.
"We have wards that stop intruders...and warn us of them..."

Siege:

"I look forward to it." Serge said with a smile.

Cava grinned and she started to eagerly draw something with a green crayon.

"Gotcha. Go to the magickal section of the basement and head for the last room in the hallway if we get invaded." Serge said repeating what he had heard to reaffirm it within his memory.

"You got it right."
Arn said and nodded.

"How will we know if we've been overrun? Are their any alarms to signal danger or something like that? Serge asked.

"If there is allot of screaming just assume it is a good idea to get the girls to the Node."
The young alchemist said wryly. It was about that moment that your phone rang showing your Mentor's number as the caller ID.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:03 pm

"I have met many members of your House young warrior and while some are what you say, enjoying only war and death, living for the thrill of battle and for glory and while that have it's place far more of you are protectors, who fight so the rest of us will not have to. I know your Mentor child he have been a member of my Cabal for a long time and while he is a force to be reconed with in battle, he fight only when there is need and he is more happy being a teacher than a warrior, but he will use his power for the benefit of others for as long as he is able and there is need, that I think is more noble than to just live for glory." The old fay mage said softly. "And you take after him well child you are a fine young Flambeau."

"I should thank those that do then for our fearsome reputation then, I suppose," he said with a nod. He didn't want to seem to be fishing for any compliments but he smiled at bit at her.

"Stay where they belong you say...yes perhaps they should indeed...but that do not diminish their beauty." The old maga said

"With due respect, there are some spirits that I've seen called up by our enemies I would rather never see again in my life. They were the opposite of beauty..."

"I am very grateful." Mara said. You saw your Mentor and the rest of them come over to you. "Well we are here, now we need to come up with a plan of action." Jeffry said. Ducan

"Yes sir. Our sodalis wishes to get to somewhere a bit more green for her constitution. Also, we had an idea about what to do," he began, "but we need someone skilled in the ars mens," he said, explaining their idea to him. He let Duncan start explaining, showing him the map of the area as he scanned around. Catching sight of the two people, he said, "Pretty sure we just got made, sir, by two people," he said, describing them and what door they were heading towards.

//M*A*S*H is a great show.

Anyway, I'm in favor of rotes negating the penalty for fast casting/spontaneous magick based on the implication they are 'pre-prepared as per the descriptions. So, learned by heart makes sense. If everyone else is good with it. There's lots of ways to modify things based on the situation, so it's not a deal breaker but it makes sense. We can note it onto the house rules board whatever the decision is.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:26 pm

"I should thank those that do then for our fearsome reputation then, I suppose," he said with a nod. He didn't want to seem to be fishing for any compliments but he smiled at bit at her.

"Perhaps indeed you should, and such firecrackers do have their place as well."
The old maga said and she returned your smile warmly.

"With due respect, there are some spirits that I've seen called up by our enemies I would rather never see again in my life. They were the opposite of beauty..."

"Perhaps young warrior you thankfully just do not have the eyes to see their beauty."
The Deaconess suggested.

"Yes sir. Our sodalis wishes to get to somewhere a bit more green for her constitution.

"Off course...we should take her out of this parking lot at once."
Jeffry said and he gave Mara a concerned look.
"We can go around by the side of the river can we not?"
He asked you.

Also, we had an idea about what to do," he began, "but we need someone skilled in the ars mens," he said, explaining their idea to him. He let Duncan start explaining, showing him the map of the area as he scanned around.

"If I am not mistaken one of the Deacons of Chantry Westchapel, a Master of Mind have her place of employment at his hospital, we might be able to signal to her for help."
Jeffry said before he continued to listen to Dincan's explanation.

Catching sight of the two people, he said, "Pretty sure we just got made, sir, by two people," he said, describing them and what door they were heading towards.

"Damnation!"
Your Mentor explained.
"I do hope they will not rapport this to our target, we might have to pick up the pace."
He said.
"If they went back inside intercepting them might be hard..."

(OOC: Sounds good to me what do the rest of you guys think?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:46 pm

"If there is allot of screaming just assume it is a good idea to get the girls to the Node."
The young alchemist said wryly. It was about that moment that your phone rang showing your Mentor's number as the caller ID.

Serge looked at his phone in mild confusion. Why was Angelica calling him now? On one hand he was slightly relieved as he wanted to hear his mentor's voice again but he couldn't help but worry about why she was calling him.

Looking back at Arn Serge said, "Thanks for the heads up. Let's hope we don't have to use it. If you can excuse me I have to take this call."

With a polite nod to Arn, Serge answered the call.

"Hey Angelica." he said politely. It may seem odd to call his Mentor by her first name but the relationship between Mentor and Apprentice in the Cult of Ecstasy often went beyond such strict formalities that other traditions may expect.

(OOC: Sounds good to me.)
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:03 pm

Serge looked at his phone in mild confusion. Why was Angelica calling him now? On one hand he was slightly relieved as he wanted to hear his mentor's voice again but he couldn't help but worry about why she was calling him.

Looking back at Arn Serge said, "Thanks for the heads up. Let's hope we don't have to use it. If you can excuse me I have to take this call."

"Ah yes off course...no we are going to have to hope you will not need to evacuate to the Node room but then you know the plan if something unfortunate where to happen."
The young alchemist said.
"Have a good day for now Mr Yager."
He said politely before he left and hurried back towards the stairs.

With a polite nod to Arn, Serge answered the call.

"Hey Angelica." he said politely. It may seem odd to call his Mentor by her first name but the relationship between Mentor and Apprentice in the Cult of Ecstasy often went beyond such strict formalities that other traditions may expect.

"Serge I hope you are doing well and a settling in."
Your Mentor said then she quickly went on to saying.
"I am sorry to disturb you kid but have you met this Orphan over at Steelhaven, he is stocky with quite a sacred face and he is extraordinary British, I believe his name is Wainwright...have you met him and if so do you have his phone number?"
She asked and she sounded a bit concerned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:08 pm

"Serge I hope you are doing well and a settling in."
Your Mentor said then she quickly went on to saying.
"I am sorry to disturb you kid but have you met this Orphan over at Steelhaven, he is stocky with quite a sacred face and he is extraordinary British, I believe his name is Wainwright...have you met him and if so do you have his phone number?"
She asked and she sounded a bit concerned.

"Oh Mr. Wainwright? Yeah I met him." Serge surprised by the concern in her voice.

"His number? Wait hold on let me check." Serge said putting the call on hold and hastily scrolling through the contacts in his phone to see if he had Mr. Wainwright's number. After all of the chaos it was hard to keep track of who he had exchanged numbers with.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:27 pm

"Perhaps young warrior you thankfully just do not have the eyes to see their beauty." The Deaconess suggested

"Thankfully not," he said with a frown. "They were wrong...they should not have been summoned here."

"Off course...we should take her out of this parking lot at once." Jeffry said and he gave Mara a concerned look. "We can go around by the side of the river can we not?"
He asked you.

"Yes, just along that path along the side," he said with a nod of his chin.

"If I am not mistaken one of the Deacons of Chantry Westchapel, a Master of Mind have her place of employment at his hospital, we might be able to signal to her for help." Jeffry said

"Got her contact info handy?" he asked.

"Damnation!" Your Mentor explained. "I do hope they will not rapport this to our target, we might have to pick up the pace." He said. "If they went back inside intercepting them might be hard..."

"They're heading back in," he said.

// not sure how far they got from the door to turn back and if they got in or not yet
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:54 am

Labyrinth, Now:
"I can not say I have seen many TV shows Colin so no I have not had an opertunity to see the one you are mentioning."
Dalisse said simply.
Colin nodded, "I shall admit, I've found little time to watch much TV over the past quarter century..."

"Hum...that is interesting. Well I guess that even if souls travel together that do not mean they have to be close during a particular incarnation."
Dalisse said.
"For me I can not say that I remember much of my past lives really."
He nodded, "I've only started remembering these past few days, myself... There's some good, some... not so good. Honestly, the experiences of this life are more important to remember, by and large..."

"Ah so Lady Abigail's plans did not come to fruition? That is good. Well let us just say that the young man will have a vested interest in keeping Chicago safe."
He nodded, "I believe he may be receiving some treatment for what harm befell him. Abigail did attempt to harm him before we reached her..."

"Siege is a good fighter but he is better with mundane weapons than magickal ones."
Dalisse commented.
"At least he did all he could for a cause he believe in whatever or not we agree with that cause, his dedication and willingness to sacrifice himself for the Nephandi can be admired."
He nodded, "And after seeing what he accomplished so quickly and on the fly, he must be a fearsome combatant indeed."

Dalisse gave you a very confused look.
"You future self...I am not sure I understand Colin."
She said as you touched the little anomaly on her hand and the world spun.
He gave her a brief, wry smile as she blurred and faded from sight...

Boston, Early October:
Everything was a total chaos, it was hard to believe that two minutes ago all had been calm, You had brought Anna to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center to have her stomach examined, her intestines had been affected by the bullet that almost claimed her life as well and Dr Lee felt it was important to keep and eye on it and how it was healing. Getting Anna to go to had hospital had never been easy but Richard had assured you no needles where needed, she would drink contrast fluid and have a CT and ultrasound taken. The Akashic had performed this examination himself twice but the young mage girl had complained of stomach pain lately and often been nauseous and Dr Lee had felt a new examination with the more advanced equipment the prestigious university hospital had available where a good idea.

Well everything had gone well Anna was nervous about seeing something she did not want to see in the hospital but with your and her therapist's support you had gotten her to agree to come and the visit had started well, a sweet young nurse named Louse had greeted you and given her the rather foul tasting concoction she where to drink, she Anna had done and not protested, then she had met a boy her own age in the waiting room between the two examinations, she did not often get to talk with children her own age and she had been quite exited...so far so good, but then the same nurse Louise had come out to inform the boy Case's mother that to get a proper look at what might be wrong with the kid they needed contrast and he refused, when his mother then decided to handle that situation by having three nurses try to drag the kid into the examination room Anna acted to defend her new friend and everything happened so very, very fast, before you had time to stop her she had hit one of the nurses with a chair, kicked a second in the shin hard enough to have the woman down on the floor holding her leg and groaning, the third nurse Louse had backed away in shock over just how fast this child had managed to disable three adults which had given Anna the chance to grab Case by the hand and flee down the corridor. You could block her magick though her collar off course so there was a limit to how much damage she could do, but seeing her new friend scared had triggered her own fear and she was now clearly determined to defend Case from his own mother and the hospital staff. Case's mother a rather large lady with finely made cloths that made it clear that unlike you going to this hospital was not an expense she was barely able to afford, where screaming at you.
"What a little monster...stop her you child should be in a cage Sir how dare she interfere you will hear from my lawyers I will sue you for your last penny!"
The woman shouted as she stomped her high heeled foot on the floor while the two nurse Anna had taken down where groaning and more and more patients and staff came to see what the hell was going on. The enraged woman went on and on about how insulted she where and she was sort of blocking your path from being able to sprint after the two children and stop them before they create more ruckus. Anna's therapist had her mundane practice at this hospital though so you might be able to call her to get help to intercept the fleeing children but right now the situation where just sound and chaos...and so quiet it had been two minutes ago.
He drew a deep breath and fixed the woman with an expressionless, hard stare, "Ma'am, I agree my daughter was out of line, but she was trying to protect your son from the very trauma she herself has suffered. Now, she has a heart condition, and I need to catch her - and your son - before her heart fails again. Now, please stand aside, before your own legal culpability escalates from child endangerment to voluntary manslaughter."
He looked over at Louise, "I am dreadfully sorry about this - it caught me by surprise, too. I will bring them right back... and try to help persuade Case to brave the contrast fluid, as well. I've... had some experience in that regard."

((OOC: I wouldn't say "rote" implies pre-prepared, so much as being the magical equivalent of muscle memory. If you throw a baseball ten times, you know how to do it. If you throw the baseball ten thousand times, you're pretty good. Throw it ten million times, that ball is going to hit precisely what you want to hit. But as for negating the spontaneity penalty - that works just fine for me.))

((OOC2: Pathfinder game today went well. Party fought some giant wasp hybrids. And now the Monk is expecting; the wasps were parasitic wasps - in 11 hours, the eggs will have hatched, and the youngling wasps will eat their way out of his body. And the player doesn't even know about it. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:08 am

Serge:

"Oh Mr. Wainwright? Yeah I met him." Serge surprised by the concern in her voice.

"Ah you have good..."
Ange said.
"I have met him to or a future version of him anyway."
Se said again sounding concerned.

"His number? Wait hold on let me check." Serge said putting the call on hold and hastily scrolling through the contacts in his phone to see if he had Mr. Wainwright's number. After all of the chaos it was hard to keep track of who he had exchanged numbers with.

You seam to have gotten the jewelers number indeed.

Adley:

"Thankfully not," he said with a frown. "They were wrong...they should not have been summoned here."

"No...they should not have been at that."
The Deaconess said with a sigh.
"They should have been left where they belong."

"Yes, just along that path along the side," he said with a nod of his chin.

"Good thank you mea filius."
The old Flambeau said as he begun to direct the group in that direction clearly worried about Mara's health and well being though he stopped when you spoke about the two women who had seen your party and then headed back into the hospital at some speed.

"Got her contact info handy?" he asked.

"I do believe so yes."
Jeffry said and he begun to scroll through his phone with some difficulty until he gave a satisfied grunt...
"Yes here we are Deaconess Angelica Boudavich bani Cult of Ecstasy. I will telephone her and see if she can be of assistance."
He announced and brought the hone to his ear.

"They're heading back in," he said.

Jeffry looked in that direction.
"We will never reach them without magick though...perhaps subtle arts can help."
As the two women reached the glass doors to the building they found the door just would not open for them, and you noticed your Mentor's hands discretely forming hand sigils as he glanced over at the pair of them. The two women looked at one another then turned and started walking at a brisk pace towards another entrance.

(OOC: They are not inside yet but they are some distance away.)

Colin Labyrinth Now:

Colin nodded, "I shall admit, I've found little time to watch much TV over the past quarter century..."

"I could have done so, but I tend to prefer to read books."
The Handler said and she smiled.

He nodded, "I've only started remembering these past few days, myself... There's some good, some... not so good. Honestly, the experiences of this life are more important to remember, by and large..."

"I agree our current life are more important to us but there are still much that can be learned from the past."
The Nephanda said.
"I have always wished to know my past lives, but those memories have not come to me, the traveler do not wish to walk the same path twice it seams."
She said and sigh.

He nodded, "I believe he may be receiving some treatment for what harm befell him. Abigail did attempt to harm him before we reached her..."

"Ah I see, well I hope te young man have not suffered to grievous wounds."
The Handler said and frowned.

He nodded, "And after seeing what he accomplished so quickly and on the fly, he must be a fearsome combatant indeed."

"He is at that, preferring magick to augment his own body, it is strange to think that once he was a simple Chorister healer and not a fighter at all."
She said and smiled sadly.

Boston Early October:

He drew a deep breath and fixed the woman with an expressionless, hard stare, "Ma'am, I agree my daughter was out of line, but she was trying to protect your son from the very trauma she herself has suffered.

"There is nothing to protect him from I am his mother and I know best the boy will obey me!"
The woman shouted angrily.
"Would you let your child decide what medical treatment she herself wanted to have."

Now, she has a heart condition, and I need to catch her - and your son - before her heart fails again. Now, please stand aside, before your own legal culpability escalates from child endangerment to voluntary manslaughter."

"I have endangered no one...but fine go and catch the little minx and I do hope you plan on punishing her, just for going along with her, and causing a fuss in the waiting room I will have my husband crack his belt over Case's back I do not tolerate to be made a fool of in such a way!"
The woman screamed at you but she did take a small step to the side to let you pass.

He looked over at Louise, "I am dreadfully sorry about this - it caught me by surprise, too. I will bring them right back... and try to help persuade Case to brave the contrast fluid, as well. I've... had some experience in that regard."

"It is perfectly all right, they are children they get scared and it was not handled...very well."
Louise said as she helped her colleague with the bruised shin to her feet.
"Let us get some ice on that Patty."
Louse said then she turned back to you.
"I will call for one of our cardiologists to stand by just in case all the excitement is to much for your daughter, I would feel safer if she was checked out after so much running around, I must say though she is a quick one when she want to me."
Louise said and she sounded like the children's escape attempt where nothing that surprised or disturbed her to much.
"Well you better go Mr Wainwright before she gets to far."

(OOC: Exactly to me a prepared spell would be one you have planned for some time, you have had time to meditate beforehand, take a cleansing bath, do preparing rituals, perhaps had a period of fasting whatever works for your Paradigm while a rote is well just that rote, it is something that you have done again and again and now know exactly how to do.)

(OOC 2: Poor monk. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:21 am

Anja's Post:
"We where expecting the...Traditions to attack I do not know what kind, you never know what kind."
The woman said and cough.
"We have wards that stop intruders...and warn us of them..."

'How do these wards know it's you walking around, and not me?' Nicole asked with increased interest.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:11 am

"I am not completely certain how it works actually, we where all led in this huge ritual and now the ward know everyone who took part in it, also it is controlled by...our Handler this...really odd woman...who talks to the Labyrinth...itself..."
The Nephanda muttered and she groaned again and closed her eyes clearly struggling to stay conscious.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:26 am

Nicole bit her lip thoughtfully; judged the questioning was about to be at it's end. 'Is there anything of interest or use in this place?' gesturing with her free hand to the auto shop itself.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum