The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Page 20 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Tane Karyak on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:36 am

I already had breakfast BUt is great to see you all getting So along! And learning and, just, safe.
As for the presente you felt... Did you look both sides of the worlds? Did you ask the old man if it felt something?
tabs asked before his phone rang

yes? Take kayak speaking he picked up signaling the others for silence
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:28 am

Tane:

I already had breakfast BUt is great to see you all getting So along! And learning and, just, safe.

"Well I still do not like a spider but I guess we are in this together for now."
Coawa grumbled and Alessa grinned at that.
"Now are not you sweet."
She said wryly as she ate a bit of her egg.

As for the presente you felt... Did you look both sides of the worlds? Did you ask the old man if it felt something? tabs asked before his phone rang

"The spider did, I have a problem seeing the other side when not in the sea after all."
Your brother commented.
"Yeah there where something but we could not catch it, and Grandfather said that it had been something dark here."
Alessa said and frowned.

You still heard Paula crew loudly she did not understand your gesture and the pitter patter of Strawberry's paws as she ran for the fruit's plate but the two others quieted down.

Colin:

Colin smiled, "Like a dog, really... It's not the dog who creates the aggressive beast, but the owner's training... or lack thereof. Much as it might not be your work alone... you've done good by this one."

Dalisse smiled a little.
"Well he is not a dog but I understand the simile and thank you, he is not my accomplishment alone but I try to be is friend and not his slaver."
She said fondly.

He shrugged, "It's messy, but very quick... it's extremely rare to survive a gunshot wound to the head, fired with lethal intent. Well, glancing hits excepted - but those seldom cause worse head injuries than a concussion and a bit of bleeding. I think... if I were to die from gunfire, I might prefer a quick, abrupt end to slowly bleeding out... I've seen both, and while I like neither, I know which seems less painful..."He shrugged, "It's messy, but very quick... it's extremely rare to survive a gunshot wound to the head, fired with lethal intent. Well, glancing hits excepted - but those seldom cause worse head injuries than a concussion and a bit of bleeding. I think... if I were to die from gunfire, I might prefer a quick, abrupt end to slowly bleeding out... I've seen both, and while I like neither, I know which seems less painful..."

Dalisse nodded at that and looked down.
"I guess you are right it would be less painful so it might be preferable. i see many fear it but I think perhaps that is because of the idea that consciousness sit in the brain, but when I was young we did not believe the braid is were who we are sit, but rather that it sit in the heart."
The Handler said and she put her hand over her chest.
"I know this have been proven wrong but it is still hard for me to change my thinking on this, but if you think you are in the head then having that damaged might be terrifying."

He frowned and sent a quick message to Darrian, 'The defenders are set up inside the portal - expect fortified resistance, don't think I can help much at that location, but will try.'

You got a reply back.
"I will tell everyone to be careful thank you Mr W. We are trying to get some information on the layout right inside the portal from our prisoners but they are not willing to cooperate."

He sighed, "How long do you think it will take before Larson realizes that you have company, when Ivan and Lou don't come back? Or do you think she simply won't care about their fate, like with the others that have offended you in the past?"

"She is not going to care at all about their death, but she is not stupid she is going to get suspicious when the men do not return and that will happen quickly."
Dalisse said nervously.

Adley:

He pointed at two things on the diagram and then wrote out a clarification request for his pater about the corpus-related adjustments that had been made to what he already knew. It was not a Sphere he was as strong with using as his other ones.

Jeffry begun to explain how the rote would be done and what your part would be and how it would fit together spiritually, enough that you should be able to assist at least even if it was not an Art you where very familiar with.

Then he wrote out one more note - 'Yes I can help, however this close to the room I am unsure if he will be able to hear me through it, which is why I am writing all this down in the first place. If we work here, I will be under the same limitation. I cannot stop my own voice. My amicus has been able to use a scrambler to make what I am saying not able to be understood but it would still be loud.

Jeffry read your note then he said.
"Hum...well there is a wall and a hallway between us and our target, we should be able to work fairly privately I think."
He said and Ange chimed in.
"These walls are not thin, they are made so that you could have all the machines in her running on full power and not disturb the patient being examined in the next room, but I can put them all on while you work if your ritual will be noisy just to be sure, and also while this might be a bit morbid, we are not hearing the screams of our target's victims and he have not been discovered so far which is an indication of the quality of the walls."

As everyone got their working groups assigned quickly, he nodded in agreement and then glanced at what Mara was looking at for a moment.

Mara where looking at a set of test tubes on a shelf in a cabinet. Jeffry cleared of one of the tables to work as a make shift altar and Ange went to turn all the machines on which cause quite a bit of humming, drumming, swirling and beeping.
"If you can work in this noise then this should make sure no one hear you."
She said and Jeffry frowned.
"It is not ideal but it will be fine I have focused through worse.

Serge:

"Really! She does sound cool. I wonder what she draws?" Serge said with a smile wondering what Beatrice looked like.

"What I have seen are landscapes and plants and sometimes she draw things others ask of her. I know Chief Morgan have a painting she have done of Horizon in his room, but I hear that she also paint rather dark images that she do not let anyone see."
Richard said and frowned.

"We should have an art contest someday...." he mused.

"I think my Cabalmate might enjoy that when she is a little better."
He said and smiled.

"Does your Cabal have a name?" Serge asked.

Richard sigh and shook his head.
"No we have never gotten around to a name, we really should come up with one the next time we meet...last time we met over dinner...there where other issues that had to be discussed."
He said.
"So no name yet."

Nicole:

Nicole listened to what the two Fallen had to say, looked to Darrian and gave a "well, I tried" shrug.

Darrion looked at you and nodded.
"Well we do not have the time to try to convince them."
He said as his phone pinged and he glanced at it.
"It seams out enemies have settled down and are ready just inside the portal, this is a problem, I am thinking we need a kinetic shield to hide behind, then we move in quickly and take out as many of them as we can while looking for cover for as long as the shield will last."
The alchemist said.
"We should get ready."
He said with a last glance at the prisoners.
"Bloody Nephandi."
He grumbled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:58 am

'Can't we send a bomb or something through first? Worked - well, sorta - before.' Nicole commented, following Darrian.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:11 am

Darrian considered this for a moment then he nodded.
"While I do not know what you did before, that is actually a brilliant idea, we are going to have to try to limit damage to the walls of the Labyrinth though, it is a great beast and Mr Wainwright have developed and understanding with it's handler, I promised to avoid damaging the walls if I could, though this might be a situation where such collateral damage can not be avoided."
The Alchemist said and Antonio spoke up as he tried to brush of his now rather damaged clothes, he somehow still managed to look smart even with his expensive suit thorn and bloody.
"I thin a mundane explosion might be better than a magickal one as that will not as easily be stopped by wards, is there a chance you can make a similar bomb like before Miss Bouchard?"
The Scribe asked you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:46 am

Dalisse smiled a little.
"Well he is not a dog but I understand the simile and thank you, he is not my accomplishment alone but I try to be is friend and not his slaver."
She said fondly.
Colin smiled, "Few good dog owners I've met have treated their dogs as anything but their dearest friend... Certainly not as slaves or beasts of burden."

Dalisse nodded at that and looked down.
"I guess you are right it would be less painful so it might be preferable. i see many fear it but I think perhaps that is because of the idea that consciousness sit in the brain, but when I was young we did not believe the braid is were who we are sit, but rather that it sit in the heart."
The Handler said and she put her hand over her chest.
"I know this have been proven wrong but it is still hard for me to change my thinking on this, but if you think you are in the head then having that damaged might be terrifying."
He nodded, "The concern is reasonable... but I don't believe the mind and soul can be destroyed like that - or at least, not in any appreciable manner that might affect the next life. Granted, surviving grievous brain damage frightens the hell out of me - but we were not speaking of surviving, were we?"

You got a reply back.
"I will tell everyone to be careful thank you Mr W. We are trying to get some information on the layout right inside the portal from our prisoners but they are not willing to cooperate."
He frowned, "So, how much can you tamper with the preparations of the strike team waiting inside of the portal to the auto shop?"

"She is not going to care at all about their death, but she is not stupid she is going to get suspicious when the men do not return and that will happen quickly."
Dalisse said nervously.
He nodded, "Best prepare that little sandstorm... just in case."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:00 am

Colin smiled, "Few good dog owners I've met have treated their dogs as anything but their dearest friend... Certainly not as slaves or beasts of burden."

"Yes if one is going to live with another living being one should treat them as friends and family and not as slaves. This ship is my friend."
Dalisse said and smiled.

He nodded, "The concern is reasonable... but I don't believe the mind and soul can be destroyed like that - or at least, not in any appreciable manner that might affect the next life. Granted, surviving grievous brain damage frightens the hell out of me - but we were not speaking of surviving, were we?"

"No...surviving that would be bad, there are times when someone survive something horrible it would have been best if they had died, for surviving but not being able to live, there is no point in that."
Dalisse said and shook her head.
"But no I do not think bodily damage can hurt who we are, not for the next life no."

He frowned, "So, how much can you tamper with the preparations of the strike team waiting inside of the portal to the auto shop?"

Dalisse considered.
"I am not sure I can do much...there is a maw there, I could try to pull a few of the defenders into it and eat them."
She suggested.
"It would not raise allot of eyebrows if I did the ship do eat Labyrinth members now and again when they have upset him."

He nodded, "Best prepare that little sandstorm... just in case."

The Handler nodded she walked to her shelf and got a pitcher of water.
"If you add some sand to this Colin I will prepare the spell."
She said and put the pitcher on the table.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:11 pm

Anja's Post:
Darrian considered this for a moment then he nodded.
"While I do not know what you did before, that is actually a brilliant idea, we are going to have to try to limit damage to the walls of the Labyrinth though, it is a great beast and Mr Wainwright have developed and understanding with it's handler, I promised to avoid damaging the walls if I could, though this might be a situation where such collateral damage can not be avoided."
The Alchemist said and Antonio spoke up as he tried to brush of his now rather damaged clothes, he somehow still managed to look smart even with his expensive suit thorn and bloody.
"I think a mundane explosion might be better than a magickal one as that will not as easily be stopped by wards, is there a chance you can make a similar bomb like before Miss Bouchard?"
The Scribe asked you.

'It was just a basic incendiary with a bit more kick; set off by a fireball.' Nicole replied, giving a little frown, trying to focus on the issue at hand and not the questions raised by Darrian. 'Hmm... can't think of no quick way for a detonator or nothing, so it'll have to the same again. Need to have a way to get it ahead and set it off, mind.' On the hoof, the only other thing she could think of was chlorine, which was impractical due to the lack of gas masks. And then the fact it was fucking chlorine.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:19 pm

It was just a basic incendiary with a bit more kick; set off by a fireball.' Nicole replied, giving a little frown, trying to focus on the issue at hand and not the questions raised by Darrian. 'Hmm... can't think of no quick way for a detonator or nothing, so it'll have to the same again.

"We could probably arrange for that, I can create anoter fireball to set te bomb off with."
Antonio said.
"There are several here who should have the ability to do that for that matter."

Need to have a way to get it ahead and set it off, mind.' On the hoof, the only other thing she could think of was chlorine, which was impractical due to the lack of gas masks. And then the fact it was fucking chlorine.

"I could manufacture any chemicals needed."
Darrian said.
"But that might take a bit of time, we could set the comb with a spell that would flare up a few seconds after it was sent, that should give us the time to send it though the portal."
The alchemist suggested.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:03 pm

The large woman considered this for a moment, then gave a little shrug. 'No time to over-complicate shit right now. I'll go and sling together a few nasties - won't take a couple of minutes, max. You'll be able to work your stuff on something the size of a engine oil bottle?'

[Think the Ethics Council might have an opinion on the use of chlorine gas. And ethics in general.]
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:17 pm

"I should have no problem with that, if what you where wondering about was whatever or not I could cast an effect to make it explode."
Antonio said and nodded. Darrian looked at you and commented.
"Mr Northwind if you would please accompany Miss Bouchard and see to her safety."
Darrian told the healer you had seen help Fran earlier, a tall, blond man with pale skin and wearing a off white turtle neck, light brown pants and with a crystal necklace around his neck. The healer nodded.
"I will do so Master Haagen."
He said then he nodded at you.
"My name is Thorn Miss, where to now?"

(OOC: No that would not be the most ethical.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:56 pm

"Yes if one is going to live with another living being one should treat them as friends and family and not as slaves. This ship is my friend."
Dalisse said and smiled.
He nodded, giving the wall another light pat, then chuckled, "Lifespans considered, well... they say you have a dog for a fraction of your life, but the entirety of its life... Regardless, it's interesting to see how we pack-bond with beings of other species at times. Well, admittedly, humans pack-bond with the strangest things, from great, big alien creatures to toaster ovens and coffee cups."

"No...surviving that would be bad, there are times when someone survive something horrible it would have been best if they had died, for surviving but not being able to live, there is no point in that."
Dalisse said and shook her head.
"But no I do not think bodily damage can hurt who we are, not for the next life no."
He nodded, then grimaced, "Though, I suppose some forms of trauma can stay with a poor soul, but a quick death would not be it. If not for the fact that my own little incident with an unexpected missile was... treated by a very good Mage, I might never have been able to move comfortably among people again, or face fire without curling up into a whimpering ball... That was so bad, the pyrophobia might have stuck with me for a few lives. There's one kid I know, one of his previous incarnations had his hands badly broken and incorrectly healed during the Schism War - his hands still ache from time to time, after several reincarnations..."

Dalisse considered.
"I am not sure I can do much...there is a maw there, I could try to pull a few of the defenders into it and eat them."
She suggested.
"It would not raise allot of eyebrows if I did the ship do eat Labyrinth members now and again when they have upset him."
He nodded, "If possible, the Awakened individuals first? Though it is a gruesome way to go..."

The Handler nodded she walked to her shelf and got a pitcher of water.
"If you add some sand to this Colin I will prepare the spell."
She said and put the pitcher on the table.
He nodded, and measured up a goodly sachet into the pitcher, "Hum, didn't we have a small glass of it, too, already?"

((OOC: While Colin does not have the moral high ground to complain about the ethics of using chlorine gas after the, ah, applied irritant used in the Liv Bergen rescue in Chicago, it would be highly inadvisable to do so here. We're trying to get everyone safely through the Labyrinth, and chlorinating the ship is going to be highly counter to that goal. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:07 pm

Anja's Post:
"I should have no problem with that, if what you where wondering about was whatever or not I could cast an effect to make it explode."
Antonio said and nodded. Darrian looked at you and commented.
"Mr Northwind if you would please accompany Miss Bouchard and see to her safety."
Darrian told the healer you had seen help Fran earlier, a tall, blond man with pale skin and wearing a off white turtle neck, light brown pants and with a crystal necklace around his neck. The healer nodded.
"I will do so Master Haagen."
He said then he nodded at you.
"My name is Thorn Miss, where to now?"

A nod to this, and a raised eyebrow at the blonde guy - who the hell chooses to wear white in a battle? Well, unless you're in snow...

'Just through here, the shop is.' she said to Thorn, nodding with her head towards it.

[Which is why she rejected it - it lingers a bit and they don't have protection. Plus, it would be a jury-rigged affair from combining bleach and acids. Though the alternative gift she's preparing is hardly nicer]
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:59 pm

Colin:

He nodded, giving the wall another light pat, then chuckled, "Lifespans considered, well... they say you have a dog for a fraction of your life, but the entirety of its life... Regardless, it's interesting to see how we pack-bond with beings of other species at times. Well, admittedly, humans pack-bond with the strangest things, from great, big alien creatures to toaster ovens and coffee cups."

"I do not even know if these ships do grow old, if they have a life span as such they are spirits after all but yes I get the point, for me though I am a little more bonded to him than just deciding he is part of my family."
Dalisse said and smiled.

He nodded, then grimaced, "Though, I suppose some forms of trauma can stay with a poor soul, but a quick death would not be it. If not for the fact that my own little incident with an unexpected missile was... treated by a very good Mage, I might never have been able to move comfortably among people again, or face fire without curling up into a whimpering ball... That was so bad, the pyrophobia might have stuck with me for a few lives.

"I can imagine such a trauma causing reactions yes. It must have been horrible Colin."
The Handler said.
"After I...got away from Guernicus, there really was very little left of me, this ship healed me made me into a complete person again."
She said and she patted the wall fondly.
"Are you still afraid of fire Colin?"
She asked.

There's one kid I know, one of his previous incarnations had his hands badly broken and incorrectly healed during the Schism War - his hands still ache from time to time, after several reincarnations...

"Was he taken prisoner? That was a way to keep a mage from working magick when there where few reliable other methods, make sure they could not work their hand gestures."
Dalisse said then she nodded.
"I have heard of injuries following someone through several lives."

He nodded, "If possible, the Awakened individuals first? Though it is a gruesome way to go..."

"It is possible but they are more likely to be able to get away."
Dalisse said and nodded.
"No I do not imagine it is a good way to die no."

He nodded, and measured up a goodly sachet into the pitcher, "Hum, didn't we have a small glass of it, too, already?"

"Hum...ah yes off course, forgive me."
She said and found the glass from the shelf.
"With all the things that have been happening it slipped my mind, I am sorry Colin, I can bottle some of it if you want, it might make for a decent weapon."
She offered.

Nicole:

A nod to this, and a raised eyebrow at the blonde guy - who the hell chooses to wear white in a battle? Well, unless you're in snow...

'Just through here, the shop is.' she said to Thorn, nodding with her head towards it.

There was a good possibility the healer where not that used to battle, he did nod and come with you towards the shop though.
"Do you need me to do anything Miss Bouschard?"
He asked, while he was not a warrior his eyes did keep watch, trying to be aware of anything that might be a danger to the pair of you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:49 pm

"I think my Cabalmate might enjoy that when she is a little better."
He said and smiled.

"Awesome. We should have like an entire room covered in blank white wallpaper to just draw non-stop on." Serge said. He noticed that every time Beatrice was mentioned Richard would frown and hint that she was not well. While Serge did want to ask what happened to the girl, even doctors had their limits and he didn't want to pry to much into the history of the cabal.

Richard sigh and shook his head.
"No we have never gotten around to a name, we really should come up with one the next time we meet...last time we met over dinner...there where other issues that had to be discussed."
He said.
"So no name yet."

"Ummmm you guys are pretty popular around here. How about the Popular Caster's Cabal? PC for short. Serge said with a chuckle, more so joking than anything else.

"Do you have any ideas for a name?" Serge said, wondering what sorts of names an Akashic brotherhood member would think of. Probably something Japanese.

"Oh, Hey Mr Shar...err...Mr. Karyak. It's Serge Yager. We met earlier in Cadence's room." Serge said reintroducing himself quickly.

"Anyways, their's a Templar women here at the chantry who wants to meet with you. Or at least....I think she's a referring to you. She wanted to meet a member of the Kopa Loei who joined the Dreamspeakers." he explained.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:13 pm

"I do not even know if these ships do grow old, if they have a life span as such they are spirits after all but yes I get the point, for me though I am a little more bonded to him than just deciding he is part of my family."
Dalisse said and smiled.
Colin nodded, "I know, your mind is grafted to his, not entirely unlike how an Avatar is bonded with a Mage, I should think... I think I gained some interesting insights when you shared his senses with me."

"I can imagine such a trauma causing reactions yes. It must have been horrible Colin."
The Handler said.
"After I...got away from Guernicus, there really was very little left of me, this ship healed me made me into a complete person again."
She said and she patted the wall fondly.
"Are you still afraid of fire Colin?"
She asked.
He shook his head, "No, confusion and trauma were well and truly severed from the memory... I still recall every moment, but filtered as though I were watching a movie. In fact, it was a Guernicus who helped me - a good man, concerned with the well-being of others. I am not overly fond of fire so far as it affects my body, but I've been burned since without devolving into a panicked lump, both in my smithy and in battle."
He started pulling up his left sleeve, then frowned and shook head, "I was going to show you a rather impressive burn from spilled silver, but I got that healed earlier today after an unpleasant encounter with a particularly personally hostile gout of primal fire. Hum, I imagine my clerk will be puzzled if she sees my arm again, now..."

"Was he taken prisoner? That was a way to keep a mage from working magick when there where few reliable other methods, make sure they could not work their hand gestures."
Dalisse said then she nodded.
"I have heard of injuries following someone through several lives."
He nodded, "Captured, tortured and executed... Amusingly, if you could call it that, he and his now magical brother have encountered one another over the incarnations - usually involving one getting the other killed... Hopefully, they can break that particular pattern this time."

"It is possible but they are more likely to be able to get away."
Dalisse said and nodded.
"No I do not imagine it is a good way to die no."
He nodded and grimaced, "A better way, though, than being captured and sentenced..."

"Hum...ah yes off course, forgive me."
She said and found the glass from the shelf.
"With all the things that have been happening it slipped my mind, I am sorry Colin, I can bottle some of it if you want, it might make for a decent weapon."
She offered.
He smiled wryly and simply added the glass of water to the pitcher, "Not a problem. For this point in space and time, I think we'll be as well off with a single large dose of, er, silt. I have more of the sand in stock, in any case."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Jeffry begun to explain how the rote would be done and what your part would be and how it would fit together spiritually, enough that you should be able to assist at least even if it was not an Art you where very familiar with.

He nodded and made an 'ok' sign.

"Hum...well there is a wall and a hallway between us and our target, we should be able to work fairly privately I think." He said and Ange chimed in. "These walls are not thin, they are made so that you could have all the machines in her running on full power and not disturb the patient being examined in the next room, but I can put them all on while you work if your ritual will be noisy just to be sure, and also while this might be a bit morbid, we are not hearing the screams of our target's victims and he have not been discovered so far which is an indication of the quality of the walls."

'I have magickal Echoes - I was casting a rote before and it could be heard down a hallway and can be heard through some soundproofing spells, though magick wards have a dampening effect and primium may as well,' he explained just so she understood the extent of the issue, as he thought of the room that was warded against magick and how it had affected him. When they were all settled with what they were doing, he cleared the tablet and put it back away.

Jeffry cleared of one of the tables to work as a make shift altar and Ange went to turn all the machines on which cause quite a bit of humming, drumming, swirling and beeping. "If you can work in this noise then this should make sure no one hear you." She said and Jeffry frowned. "It is not ideal but it will be fine I have focused through worse.

He nodded as well. The noise of the machines was a bit annoying but he'd done rituals under much worse duress. As long as he was not overheard and blow their element of surprise, he was satisfied. He glanced at Adjan to see where he preferred to be and then took up a complementary position himself to work the spell.

// lol somehow I think Adley would want something more sophisticated than cabal "hold my beer (and watch this)" much as that fits xD
ooc2: I got a new job (yay) and my hours look to be FT this week starting tomorrow, just a heads up
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:49 pm

Serge:

"Awesome. We should have like an entire room covered in blank white wallpaper to just draw non-stop on." Serge said. He noticed that every time Beatrice was mentioned Richard would frown and hint that she was not well. While Serge did want to ask what happened to the girl, even doctors had their limits and he didn't want to pry to much into the history of the cabal.

"Well that sounds like allot of work to set up but sure if you want to cover your room in where sheets be my guest."
Richard said and he raised an eyebrow then he frowned again clearly concerned about Beatrice.

"Ummmm you guys are pretty popular around here. How about the Popular Caster's Cabal? PC for short. Serge said with a chuckle, more so joking than anything else.

The Akashic gave a wry smile at that.
"I think perhaps something a bit more...elegant might be in order Mr Yager."

"Do you have any ideas for a name?" Serge said, wondering what sorts of names an Akashic brotherhood member would think of. Probably something Japanese.

"Not much as of yet, I would have to hear what the others thought about it first."
Richard said.
"I am afraid that right now I do not feel very creative kid."

Colin:

Colin nodded, "I know, your mind is grafted to his, not entirely unlike how an Avatar is bonded with a Mage, I should think... I think I gained some interesting insights when you shared his senses with me."

"In some ways it is similar yes and my senses and some of my mind is linked to my ship, we can think independently but are also a part of one another."
Dalisse explained.

He shook his head, "No, confusion and trauma were well and truly severed from the memory... I still recall every moment, but filtered as though I were watching a movie. In fact, it was a Guernicus who helped me - a good man, concerned with the well-being of others. I am not overly fond of fire so far as it affects my body, but I've been burned since without devolving into a panicked lump, both in my smithy and in battle."

"That is good that you are better."
Dalisse said but she still frowned at the mention of a member of House Guernicus.
"Perhaps having had such a problem, your former fear of fire will make it easier for you to understand your new apprentice you said she suffers from phobias and perhaps you can use it to help her."
She suggested.

He started pulling up his left sleeve, then frowned and shook head, "I was going to show you a rather impressive burn from spilled silver, but I got that healed earlier today after an unpleasant encounter with a particularly personally hostile gout of primal fire. Hum, I imagine my clerk will be puzzled if she sees my arm again, now..."

"That sounds like it must have been quite unpleasant both the silver and the primal fire, as for your clerk you can always say you had the scar removed with lasers I hear they can do that these days, remove scars in such a way."

He nodded, "Captured, tortured and executed... Amusingly, if you could call it that, he and his now magical brother have encountered one another over the incarnations - usually involving one getting the other killed... Hopefully, they can break that particular pattern this time."

"That is a terrible end to a life."
The Handler said.
"It is no wonder his current incarnation remembers some of it, I do hope he and his current brother can break the cycle you speak of though, it would be a shame if they ended up harming one another."

He nodded and grimaced, "A better way, though, than being captured and sentenced..."

"Anything is better than that."
Dalisse agreed and frowned.

He smiled wryly and simply added the glass of water to the pitcher, "Not a problem. For this point in space and time, I think we'll be as well off with a single large dose of, er, silt. I have more of the sand in stock, in any case."

"As you wish."
Dalisse said as she begun to cast a spell over the pitcher of silt, it stirred slightly and then settled down as the The Handler moved her hands over it and muttered words in Latin, then she leaned back.
"It is done, I can activate the spell at will now for a nasty surprise against Lady Larson or other Fallen who come at us."
She informed you.

Adley:

'I have magickal Echoes - I was casting a rote before and it could be heard down a hallway and can be heard through some soundproofing spells, though magick wards have a dampening effect and primium may as well,' he explained just so she understood the extent of the issue, as he thought of the room that was warded against magick and how it had affected him. When they were all settled with what they were doing, he cleared the tablet and put it back away.

"I understand Mr Roth Hicks, but I am not sure if there is anywhere else nearby where a ritual can be done more undisturbed and then letting the machines make some noise and hope it is enough is probably best."
Ange said and Jeffry nodded.
"I think it should be enough and I could use the aid of an assistant ritualist who know my Paradigm for this working to get it done quickly."
He said and looked at you.

He nodded as well. The noise of the machines was a bit annoying but he'd done rituals under much worse duress. As long as he was not overheard and blow their element of surprise, he was satisfied. He glanced at Adjan to see where he preferred to be and then took up a complementary position himself to work the spell.

Adjan took up a position around the make shift altar and moved when Jeffry directed him to.
"We will call on the element of Air as the main part of the working, but include an element of the human body, we begin with basic quarter calls and then focus on Air, I will lead the working itself, just follow my lead."
The old Flambeau said and Adjan nodded.
"Yes Sir."
He said and he put his dice on the altar in the four compass directions.

You saw the Verbena head out the door to find a god place to keep watch and Mara and Ange sat down on the floor, with the Cultist helping the larger woman down, to ready their own working and you heard soft chanting coming from them, barely audible over the noise of the machines.

(OOC: Congratulations on a new job, jobs mean money and money means books, and dog food. Razz )
(OOC: Also when Adley thought about working under duress this came to mind. Razz http://940ee6dce6677fa01d25-0f55c9129972ac85d6b1f4e703468e6b.r99.cf2.rackcdn.com/products/pictures/390225.jpg )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:01 pm

"I understand Mr Roth Hicks, but I am not sure if there is anywhere else nearby where a ritual can be done more undisturbed and then letting the machines make some noise and hope it is enough is probably best." Ange said and Jeffry nodded. "I think it should be enough and I could use the aid of an assistant ritualist who know my Paradigm for this working to get it done quickly."
He said and looked at you.

He made an 'ok' sign again with a firm nod of his head.

"We will call on the element of Air as the main part of the working, but include an element of the human body, we begin with basic quarter calls and then focus on Air, I will lead the working itself, just follow my lead." The old Flambeau said and Adjan nodded. "Yes Sir."

"Yes, sir," he said as well and then focused on the working they were about to do, taking first a neutral position as he approached and calming himself then took the first posture, ready to work.

// lol! That's one nasty card. Damn mental ars...
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:13 pm

Jeffry took a deep breath and begun to call the quarters a modern part of the art he had adopted then followed a calling to Raphael for protection before he begun with the older systems and gestures, going through how a circular ward would be cast and affirming that air and body should be the ideals protected against and then narrowing it down. Adjan kept up, this would be an unfamiliar working for him but it was close enough to what he was used to to at least follow along. Jeffry slowed down the working now and again to show you both the proper hand gestures but without getting out of the flow of the ritual.

(OOC: Well Mind can be a nasty, nasty Sphere. By the way do you want to make the rolls for working in Concert or should I and which version of this do you wish to use?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:21 pm

The Akashic gave a wry smile at that.
"I think perhaps something a bit more...elegant might be in order Mr Yager."

"ok ok how about....Custos Magica?" Serge said now searching up random words on his phone. "It means Magical Guardians in latin. At least that's what google says."

"Not much as of yet, I would have to hear what the others thought about it first."
Richard said.
"I am afraid that right now I do not feel very creative kid."

'Yeah that's understandable." Serge said with a sigh and a quick glance at the Templar.

"Well I shouldn't bother you any further. Is their anything else you need help with before I leave?" Serge asked.

(OOC: I wouldn't mind duressing someone, although Serge might have a problem with it Razz )

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:27 pm

"That is good that you are better."
Dalisse said but she still frowned at the mention of a member of House Guernicus.
"Perhaps having had such a problem, your former fear of fire will make it easier for you to understand your new apprentice you said she suffers from phobias and perhaps you can use it to help her."
She suggested.
Colin nodded, "That's going to help... but more importantly, she'll have friends her own age who have similar fears; they will be able to help and support one another in ways I cannot."

"That sounds like it must have been quite unpleasant both the silver and the primal fire, as for your clerk you can always say you had the scar removed with lasers I hear they can do that these days, remove scars in such a way."
He nodded, "Quite excruciating, yes, but not so much as to take me out of the proverbial fight. Actually, the silver was a bit worse, since that lay firmly against my arm for a bit longer before I could peel the flake of metal off - and then I had to get rushed to a mundane hospital with it right away, since my clerk saw the damage... Sleeper staff, you know... And I think she might find it suspicious that I would have a normally covered scar on my arm removed before taking care of my face... though I suppose I could explain it as testing how well I respond to a skin graft."

"That is a terrible end to a life."
The Handler said.
"It is no wonder his current incarnation remembers some of it, I do hope he and his current brother can break the cycle you speak of though, it would be a shame if they ended up harming one another."
He nodded, "Well, I think they'll be able to avoid that particular end this time. This time, they are aware of their mutual past, and they were not introduced to one another in adversarial positions..."

"As you wish."
Dalisse said as she begun to cast a spell over the pitcher of silt, it stirred slightly and then settled down as the The Handler moved her hands over it and muttered words in Latin, then she leaned back.
"It is done, I can activate the spell at will now for a nasty surprise against Lady Larson or other Fallen who come at us."
She informed you.
He nodded, "Would you like me to set it down by the door, to reduce the chance of accidental spatter hitting us?"

((OOC: Yeah, Duress is definitely at the, um, Ars end of Mind... Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:40 pm

He fell into cue- taking mode, walking through each step as it happened and watching for the adjustments as shown by his mentor. This was something he was used to doing with him as a student learning and he was used to his style.

// since he is not leading nor taking a particular role in the ritual himself and acting as an assistant, it makes sense to me he and Adjan would be adding as a bosus, plus one iirc.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:59 pm

Anja's Post:
There was a good possibility the healer where not that used to battle, he did nod and come with you towards the shop though.
"Do you need me to do anything Miss Bouchard?"
He asked, while he was not a warrior his eyes did keep watch, trying to be aware of anything that might be a danger to the pair of you.
'Not really; I spotted the gear I need earlier.' Nicole replied confidently, moving back into the shop. An almost identical repeat of the last gift; a five-gallon or so plastic container, some small metal items to act as shrapnel, oil-based propellant. Though this time, will look for the heaviest, thickest grease for the bottom - hoping the gloopy consistency would mimic a little the effects of napalm.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:52 pm

Serge:

"ok ok how about....Custos Magica?" Serge said now searching up random words on his phone. "It means Magical Guardians in latin. At least that's what google says."

"It is not a bad name Mr Yager not bad at all, however I would thing we have greater concerns right now than finding a name for my Cabal."
Richard said and raised and eyebrow.

'Yeah that's understandable." Serge said with a sigh and a quick glance at the Templar.

"Well I shouldn't bother you any further. Is their anything else you need help with before I leave?" Serge asked.

"No that should be it, thank you for your help Mr Yager, I should not require any more of your help, our guest here needs to rest, and I think she will at least physically be fine, I would not have been able to treat her without your aid though, you did a good thing her kid."

Colin:

Colin nodded, "That's going to help... but more importantly, she'll have friends her own age who have similar fears; they will be able to help and support one another in ways I cannot."

"Yes that would probably help your apprentice, to have someone going through the same thing who can understand and who are the same age."
Dalisse said and nodded in agreement.
"That you have had a phobia though might help you be understanding, many ignore such fears thinking them something the individual need to just get over."

He nodded, "Quite excruciating, yes, but not so much as to take me out of the proverbial fight. Actually, the silver was a bit worse, since that lay firmly against my arm for a bit longer before I could peel the flake of metal off - and then I had to get rushed to a mundane hospital with it right away, since my clerk saw the damage... Sleeper staff, you know...

"I have had Custos and pawns but not sleeper staff that do not know about magick. I hope you got good care at the hospital at least."
Dalisse said.
"I do not think I would dare to work with molten metal."

And I think she might find it suspicious that I would have a normally covered scar on my arm removed before taking care of my face... though I suppose I could explain it as testing how well I respond to a skin graft."

"I guess it depends on how deep the scar on your arm was, the ones on your face look like they go to the bone."
The Handler said, she was not being mean she just started what she saw, seeing it as a quite natural thing she would have seen far worse during her time with the Nephandi.
"If the scarring on your arm did not go as deeply you should be able to explain it as a treatment that would work on that but not on your face, or off course you could keep your arm covered around her."

He nodded, "Well, I think they'll be able to avoid that particular end this time. This time, they are aware of their mutual past, and they were not introduced to one another in adversarial positions..."

Dalisse nodded at that.
"That is good to hear. I wish them the best."

He nodded, "Would you like me to set it down by the door, to reduce the chance of accidental spatter hitting us?"

"That might be a god idea yes, than you Colin."
Dalisse said and nodded.

Nicole:

'Not really; I spotted the gear I need earlier.' Nicole replied confidently, moving back into the shop. An almost identical repeat of the last gift; a five-gallon or so plastic container, some small metal items to act as shrapnel, oil-based propellant. Though this time, will look for the heaviest, thickest grease for the bottom - hoping the gloopy consistency would mimic a little the effects of napalm.

You did manage to find a small jar of grease for engine parts that should probably do the job. You get the make shift bomb put together while Thorn keeps watch.
"Do you thin this will get some of the Labyrinth defenders out of our hair before we go in Miss Bouchard?"
The healer asked as he glanced around while you worked. You did find everything you needed fairly easily.

Adley:

He fell into cue- taking mode, walking through each step as it happened and watching for the adjustments as shown by his mentor. This was something he was used to doing with him as a student learning and he was used to his style.

Adjan moved along as well, a little bit less elegantly than you who where used to this kind of ritual work but he did fairly well. Jeffry begun to form the wards themselves binding them into small items he had found in his pocket, a button from his jacket, a bag of the Danish candy he liked, his car keys and a small knife, when carried the items would provide the protection, the enchantment where nor permanent but it should last for a few hours, more than enough time to get what was needed done.

(OOC: Jeffry's rolls 3,3,5,8,8,10 1,2,4,4,8,8 and 3,3,3,5,6,9 with the bonuses from Adley and Adjan I would say that is enough and the ritual takes about five or six minutes I am thinking.)

(OOC: Duress when you had a spell in mind, and now it is gone. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:14 pm

Anja's Post:
You did manage to find a small jar of grease for engine parts that should probably do the job. You get the make shift bomb put together while Thorn keeps watch.
"Do you thin this will get some of the Labyrinth defenders out of our hair before we go in Miss Bouchard?"
The healer asked as he glanced around while you worked. You did find everything you needed fairly easily.

'Might, might not.' Nicole replied, fishing out some washers and shoving them in the bottle. 'All depends on what cover they've got, those fucking shields, how far they are from the explosion... If lucky, some of these babies-' pouring in a few screws for good luck '-will stop in their skin. The explosion itself might disorientate 'em for a second or two, which will give us a little wiggle-room as we go through.' A short pause as she finished off and screwed the cap back on. 'If we can get it through and get the fireball to hit it, that is.' picking up the gift and nodding that she was ready.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum