Ic Thread Serge's Seeking

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Ic Thread Serge's Seeking

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:42 pm

"Aye so we did, we have rations, sour bread, cheese and dried meat for the entire group for seven days and some fresh fruit from the inn."
Demar said and frowned. The Orc with the club grinned at that.
"Much food."
He announced.

"That it is." Serge said appealing to the orc's stomachs. "And if you can lead us to where the bandits are stationed than it will all be yours."

"Once you take us to the bandits we'll give you the food. You can eat it during the fight and take the bandits food after we win." Serge said still a little concerned with the fact that he was reasoning with Orcs.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:51 pm

"That it is." Serge said appealing to the orc's stomachs. "And if you can lead us to where the bandits are stationed than it will all be yours."

"Good good much food yummy yummy."
The orc with the club said and his friend nodded.
"Much food!"
He declared as well as your dwarf friend glared daggers at you.

"Once you take us to the bandits we'll give you the food. You can eat it during the fight and take the bandits food after we win." Serge said still a little concerned with the fact that he was reasoning with Orcs.

"Ok...little man will follow."
The first orc, the one with the club said as he and his friend begun to walk back the way they had come.
"Are you sure about this Serge?"
Ivan said sounding skeptical but Sarah seamed to approve of finding a non violent solution and she gave you a warm smile.
"I guess we follow our new friends then."
She said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:01 pm

"Ok...little man will follow."
The first orc, the one with the club said as he and his friend begun to walk back the way they had come.
"Are you sure about this Serge?
Ivan said sounding skeptical"

"Oh absolutely not." Serge whispered quietly. "But time is of the essence and we can't spend too much time fighting meaningless battles while the bandits cover their tracks and do god knows what with the lighthouse keepers family. This could be a good way to find the bandits quickly."

but Sarah seamed to approve of finding a non violent solution and she gave you a warm smile.
"I guess we follow our new friends then."
She said.

"Yeah let's go. But remember guys keep your guard up. Sarah might be optimistic but I'm still skeptical. The bandit sorceress may have accounted for orcish stupidity and prepared for something like this." Serge whispered to his friends as he beckoned his party to follow the orcs.

"Erissa, make sure to scan the area for magickal traps. If the bandit sorceress is some magickally gifted girl we can probably expect wards and magickal alarms and who knows what else."

Finally Serge looked at the lighthouse keeper and said, "You don't have to keep following us from here on. It can get really dangerous and I don't need you getting hurt. I promise you, we will get your family back."
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:04 am

"Oh absolutely not." Serge whispered quietly. "But time is of the essence and we can't spend too much time fighting meaningless battles while the bandits cover their tracks and do god knows what with the lighthouse keepers family. This could be a good way to find the bandits quickly."

"We keep our eyes on them then."
Ivan said and he seamed to accept your reasoning though hesitently.
"Let us go and get the lighthouse keeper's family back then."

"Yeah let's go. But remember guys keep your guard up. Sarah might be optimistic but I'm still skeptical. The bandit sorceress may have accounted for orcish stupidity and prepared for something like this." Serge whispered to his friends as he beckoned his party to follow the orcs.

"Erissa, make sure to scan the area for magickal traps. If the bandit sorceress is some magickally gifted girl we can probably expect wards and magickal alarms and who knows what else."

The others nodded. Erissa smiled.
"I will make sure the fiend do not get a drop on us."
The sorceress said as the party started moving after the pair of eager orcs.

Finally Serge looked at the lighthouse keeper and said, "You don't have to keep following us from here on. It can get really dangerous and I don't need you getting hurt. I promise you, we will get your family back."

"Are you sure kind Sir, I hate to leave you and your companions to go into danger on my behalf."
The old man said.
"Quite sure Sir, it is easier for us to fight if we do not have to worry about your safety as well, and your wife and child will need you when we return them to you."
Sarah said and the old man nodded.
"Thank you...thank you all I owe you everything."
The old man said and beoved to you and your group.
"I will forever sing your praises."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:18 am

"We keep our eyes on them then."
Ivan said and he seamed to accept your reasoning though hesitently.
"Let us go and get the lighthouse keeper's family back then."

"Right." Serge said simply giving Ivan an approving nod.

The others nodded. Erissa smiled.
"I will make sure the fiend do not get a drop on us."
The sorceress said as the party started moving after the pair of eager orcs.

"Thank you. I'd do it myself but your a lot better at sensing magic than I am." Serge said as he lead his party along, following their unexpected allies through the forest.

"Are you sure kind Sir, I hate to leave you and your companions to go into danger on my behalf."
The old man said.
"Quite sure Sir, it is easier for us to fight if we do not have to worry about your safety as well, and your wife and child will need you when we return them to you."
Sarah said and the old man nodded.
"Thank you...thank you all I owe you everything."
The old man said and beoved to you and your group.
"I will forever sing your praises."

"That'd be awesome. But knowing we helped protect an innocent family and vanquished the forces of evil is reward enough for me." Serge said, the lighthouse keeper's words still ringing in the back of his mind.

"Get somewhere safe. You'll be reunited with your family soon." he said as his final words to the black-robed man before venturing further and following the two orcs.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:40 am

"Thank you. I'd do it myself but your a lot better at sensing magic than I am." Serge said as he lead his party along, following their unexpected allies through the forest.

Erissa nodded.
"I will do my best."
She agree with a slight smile.

"That'd be awesome. But knowing we helped protect an innocent family and vanquished the forces of evil is reward enough for me." Serge said, the lighthouse keeper's words still ringing in the back of his mind.

The old lighthouse keeper gave you a warm smile.
"Thank you kind Sir...thank you."

"Get somewhere safe. You'll be reunited with your family soon." he said as his final words to the black-robed man before venturing further and following the two orcs.

The old man thanked you again, then he hurried home towards his village by the coast.

You continued through the woods following the orcs, suddenly Erissa called out a warning.
"Magic...I sense magic!"
The next instance an arrow shot out from among the bushes and hit Ivan in the leg, the warrior letting out a grunt of pain, then a fireball flew out from the same bushes, aimed at you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:28 pm

You continued through the woods following the orcs, suddenly Erissa called out a warning.
"Magic...I sense magic!"
The next instance an arrow shot out from among the bushes and hit Ivan in the leg, the warrior letting out a grunt of pain, then a fireball flew out from the same bushes, aimed at you.

Thanks to the warning Serge had enough time to react to the attack. His eyes grew wide as the hot fiery ball of death was coming at him but his body worked off muscle memory alone showing that this was not the first fireball aimed at him in his career. As the white-hot flames flew closer Serge attempted to dodge out of the way of the magickal attack.

Afterwards he would look to see who had cast the fireball as well as getting a clear idea of who their enemies were.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:41 pm

You dodge out of the way of the fireball quickly and elegantly, when you look to see who had cast it you see a woman with long, fire red hair stand among the bushes, she gave a signal and more arrows shot towards your party, one hitting Sarah in the shoulder, another Ivan in the back as the warrior grabbed the small elven clearic and covered her with his body to protect her, these bandints had some wits about them, wanting to kill the healer first. The woman with red hair sent another ball of flame towards you, not speaking just coldly going about the bussiness of trying to make you and your friends as dead as possible as soon as possible.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:23 pm

You dodge out of the way of the fireball quickly and elegantly, when you look to see who had cast it you see a woman with long, fire red hair stand among the bushes, she gave a signal and more arrows shot towards your party, one hitting Sarah in the shoulder, another Ivan in the back as the warrior grabbed the small elven clearic and covered her with his body to protect her, these bandints had some wits about them, wanting to kill the healer first. The woman with red hair sent another ball of flame towards you, not speaking just coldly going about the bussiness of trying to make you and your friends as dead as possible as soon as possible.

With an extravagant flourish, Serge called upon the power of his sword and lit it up like he had done with the orcs. "Sarah, heal Ivan and yourself! Ivan protect Sarah until Erissa can put a shield up. Erissa focus on taking out the archer's and shielding yourself and Sarah. Demar, your with me. Let's show these bastards what happens when you fuck with us!"

With orders given, Serge charged forward with his Dwarven companion wanting to take out the bandits as quickly as possible. The red haired girl was pulling no punches so neither would he. He rushed straight for the bandit sorceress slashing at anyone who got in his way and attempting to dodge or magically deflect any arrows that were shot at him.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:53 pm

With an extravagant flourish, Serge called upon the power of his sword and lit it up like he had done with the orcs. "Sarah, heal Ivan and yourself! Ivan protect Sarah until Erissa can put a shield up. Erissa focus on taking out the archer's and shielding yourself and Sarah. Demar, your with me. Let's show these bastards what happens when you fuck with us!"

"If it is the will of the gods that I and Ivan shall be healed, so we shall be."
Sarah said softly as she gritted her teeth in pain.
"Nothing will happen to her as long as I draw breath Serge."
Ivan said. Erissa nodded and begun to weave her spells and Demar nodded and took a better grip on his axe as he followed you into action.

With orders given, Serge charged forward with his Dwarven companion wanting to take out the bandits as quickly as possible. The red haired girl was pulling no punches so neither would he. He rushed straight for the bandit sorceress slashing at anyone who got in his way and attempting to dodge or magically deflect any arrows that were shot at him.

"Kill the dwarf first."
The sorceress said coldly, it was tactical, after all, dwarves had an innate resistence to magick, it was wiser to send her men to take Demar out. Most of the archers fired at Demar and while he was a durable man, he eventually sank down to his knees with half a dozen arrows deep into his flesh.

The bandit sorceress just looked at you and opened her hand towards you and sent a large fireball in your direction, forcing you to dodge or retreat, she did not speak, she just focused on taking your life as efficiently as possible.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:29 pm

The bandit sorceress just looked at you and opened her hand towards you and sent a large fireball in your direction, forcing you to dodge or retreat, she did not speak, she just focused on taking your life as efficiently as possible.

Serge dodged out of the way just as he had done before. Fury was building up within him as his ally went down. He harnessed that anger and shot himself towards the sorceress, his sword held to the side ready to pierce the flesh of his enemy. He cast a minor shield spell around himself as he charged the magic user. The witch might be powerful but she wouldn't be a effective at close range unless she wanted to fry herself. As long as her attention was on him it wouldn't be on his friends.

He had to buy time for Ivan to get into the fight and for Erissa and Sarah to cast their magic and bring Demar back to his feet as well as take care of the rest of the archers.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:46 pm

The sorceress flicked her wrist and your shield shattered. Another wolly of arroves send Ian to the ground, Sarah's condition you don't know. Erissa tried to defend herself, but her shield to had been thorn apart and all she could do was keep her arrows away from herself. The bandit sorceress turned towards you and finally she spoke.
"Did you think yourself unbetable sword'sman? That you could live this life with no loss or cost, think back to the chants and songs honoring great heroes boy, have it never struck you that most of the songs are about the heroics these men and women did, right before they died...well soon they will sing songs about you and your friends as well, I assume that will please you."
She said as she effortlessly dodged your blade.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:00 pm

The sorceress flicked her wrist and your shield shattered. Another wolly of arroves send Ian to the ground, Sarah's condition you don't know. Erissa tried to defend herself, but her shield to had been thorn apart and all she could do was keep her arrows away from herself. The bandit sorceress turned towards you and finally she spoke.
"Did you think yourself unbetable sword'sman? That you could live this life with no loss or cost, think back to the chants and songs honoring great heroes boy, have it never struck you that most of the songs are about the heroics these men and women did, right before they died...well soon they will sing songs about you and your friends as well, I assume that will please you."
She said as she effortlessly dodged your blade.

"So now you decide to talk." Serge said through gritted teeth. "Do you think I'm stupid! I know I'm not unbeatable. I don't do this just for the fame or the glory. I do this to help people! To let people know that their not alone in this dangerous world. That is the life I choose to live and If I have to die to save the people you've kidnapped than I'll gladly pay the price!"

Serge gripped his sword tightly as he prepared to strike again. He had made mistakes. Demar should've attacked the sorceress. He should've focused on the killing the archers. They should've prepared more. Would they die here? A question the burned deep within Serge's mind.

He shook his head. He couldn't focus on that. He needed to focus on his goal. To save the mother and child who were frightened and alone. He could never let anyone feel such despair.

As he battle her he remembered that his opponent herself had once suffered from similar emotions. "Had I been around I would've helped you as well. Befriended you. Kept you company during your darkest times. It's ironic you know, that you turned to villainy, when you've saved more people than I have."
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:06 pm

"So now you decide to talk." Serge said through gritted teeth. "Do you think I'm stupid! I know I'm not unbeatable. I don't do this just for the fame or the glory. I do this to help people! To let people know that their not alone in this dangerous world. That is the life I choose to live and If I have to die to save the people you've kidnapped than I'll gladly pay the price!"

"You say you are doing this as some sort of noble sacrifice to give pepole hope, and you want me to believe that? By far the most of the time when someone needs help, there is no noble adventurer around to save anyone, you are doing this for your own glory, to feel important."
The bandit sorceress challanged.
"Oh I have no doubt you are willing to die a hero's death, to be sung balads for, after all that would give you glory, let you feel important rather than doing things that actually are important. Tell me when where the last time you stopped to help a farmer get his crop in on time, or help a village build a bridge or an old woman home with her shopping, the small things, the things no songs are written about but which generally mean so much more than having some tale of a band of warriors slaying dragons."
She asked.

Serge gripped his sword tightly as he prepared to strike again. He had made mistakes. Demar should've attacked the sorceress. He should've focused on the killing the archers. They should've prepared more. Would they die here? A question the burned deep within Serge's mind.

He shook his head. He couldn't focus on that. He needed to focus on his goal. To save the mother and child who were frightened and alone. He could never let anyone feel such despair.

As he battle her he remembered that his opponent herself had once suffered from similar emotions. "Had I been around I would've helped you as well. Befriended you. Kept you company during your darkest times. It's ironic you know, that you turned to villainy, when you've saved more people than I have."

"You would have befriended me...and left, there are no glory to be found for a warrior living in a village tending to a young brat, sure you could have lived a good enough life, perhaps become one of the village's guardsmen, had a house, a family and a plot of land or a fishing boat, but would that really be enough for you warrior, would you have given up glory to be the friend of a lonely child?"
The sorceress asked as she stepped away from your blows with ease.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:01 pm

"You say you are doing this as some sort of noble sacrifice to give pepole hope, and you want me to believe that? By far the most of the time when someone needs help, there is no noble adventurer around to save anyone, you are doing this for your own glory, to feel important."
The bandit sorceress challanged.

"You don't have to be a noble adventurer to be a hero to save or help someone!" Serge yelled accepting the challenge.

"You just have to be willing to help. In any way that you can! If I had wanted to feel important I would've stuck around the inn and boasted about my achievements. Raked in the praise and admiration of it's patrons. Their was no need to get my hands dirty. Instead I'm out here risking my neck for to help bring a family back together!"

"Oh I have no doubt you are willing to die a hero's death, to be sung balads for, after all that would give you glory, let you feel important rather than doing things that actually are important. Tell me when where the last time you stopped to help a farmer get his crop in on time, or help a village build a bridge or an old woman home with her shopping, the small things, the things no songs are written about but which generally mean so much more than having some tale of a band of warriors slaying dragons."
She asked.

"I help whenever I can. Whenever someone asks." Serge said sheepishly, unable to think of such a time. He had always been on some faraway adventurer and by the time one had ended he had already started another.

"I've been busy. And that's not what I was trained to do. Bridge builders build bridges and farmers farm. We all have our part in the world and while some are more known than others it they are all important."

Serge took more and more strikes at the sorceress, his head now plagued by both her words and the lighthouse keepers. "I'm not above admitting that your right. I do enjoy chasing after fame and glory. Perhaps I could do some work that won't bring me either. A seemingly small insignificant task can have a larger effect on the world than slaying any dragon. If a simple action was taken in the past to comfort a young girl than we might not even be having this conversation."

"You would have befriended me...and left, there are no glory to be found for a warrior living in a village tending to a young brat, sure you could have lived a good enough life, perhaps become one of the village's guardsmen, had a house, a family and a plot of land or a fishing boat, but would that really be enough for you warrior, would you have given up glory to be the friend of a lonely child?"
The sorceress asked as she stepped away from your blows with ease.

"Don't call yourself that! You weren't a brat! You were a scared young girl in a new environment, mistreated and abused. If someone had taken the time to talk to you. To comfort you in your time of need we probably wouldn't be having this conversation." Serge said in between sword swings.

"I would've been that someone. Whether you believe it or not. Accompanying a lonely child might seem like something that's below me but it's just as important as any other heroic task." Serge said side-stepping a magical attack and countering with his own sword slashes.

"Would I have given up the glory? If with a snap of my fingers I could make everyone in the world forget about me and my deeds to be a friend and bring comfort to a child? I would...well...I..." Serge began to stammer. Unsure of why he couldn't speak those simple. He had always been afraid of being ignored, of being forgotten. Lost by yourself in a world that seemed made to kill you. Like a droplet of water in a gigantic ocean. Unknown and unnecessary.

He steeled himself. He couldn't let the sorceress get to him. He was stronger now. Smarter. He stared right at the sorceress's face. "I would do it. I would do it in a heartbeat!" Serge said his sword swings getting faster with every word. "Because you don't need songs written about you. You don't need glory or fame to be important! Everyone is important! We all live in this world and we should all do our best to make it a better place for everyone. If I have to lose everything to do so than so be it."
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:54 pm

"You don't have to be a noble adventurer to be a hero to save or help someone!" Serge yelled accepting the challenge.

"You just have to be willing to help. In any way that you can! If I had wanted to feel important I would've stuck around the inn and boasted about my achievements. Raked in the praise and admiration of it's patrons. Their was no need to get my hands dirty. Instead I'm out here risking my neck for to help bring a family back together!"

"A comfortable lie to tell yourself, i never accused you of being a boaster, oh no you want the adventure and the fame and the glory and you want the recognition for it. I am saying you would not do something that is not glorious, you see it as less important, beneath you, as mundane and boring."
The sorceress challanged as she stepped out of the way of your sword with practiced ease.

"I help whenever I can. Whenever someone asks." Serge said sheepishly, unable to think of such a time. He had always been on some faraway adventurer and by the time one had ended he had already started another.

"I've been busy. And that's not what I was trained to do. Bridge builders build bridges and farmers farm. We all have our part in the world and while some are more known than others it they are all important."

"Words easy to speak, but harder to live. You do not need to be a farmer to work in a field, or be trained to help and old lady with a heavy burden, and mark I am not saying slaying dragons and saving maidens from bandits are not important to, that there is anything wrong with it. I am saying that you do not value the little things, you value adventure and glory, often at the expense of what might be more beneficial and at the expense of yourself."
The sorceress challanged.

Serge took more and more strikes at the sorceress, his head now plagued by both her words and the lighthouse keepers. "I'm not above admitting that your right. I do enjoy chasing after fame and glory. Perhaps I could do some work that won't bring me either. A seemingly small insignificant task can have a larger effect on the world than slaying any dragon. If a simple action was taken in the past to comfort a young girl than we might not even be having this conversation."

The bandit sorceress elegantly stepped out of the way of your blows then conjured a shield to keep herself safe.
"Ah no warrior you mistake me for some cleric, that all you need do is make some sacrifice, some money paid anomeously, some fasting then all is forgiven, I am saying there is nothing to forgive, there is nothing wrong with wanting fame and glory, but you do not want it, you crave it because you think you are nothing without it, under your armor you are a small, terrified little boy who thinks nothing of yourself, you are like the rich man who sprinkle gold on his food to show how rich he is, being rich is no sin, wanting riches is no sin, thinking you are nothing without the riches are. You are wearing glory as an armor instead of dealing with how you fucking feel."
The red haired woman said bluntly.

"Don't call yourself that! You weren't a brat! You were a scared young girl in a new environment, mistreated and abused. If someone had taken the time to talk to you. To comfort you in your time of need we probably wouldn't be having this conversation." Serge said in between sword swings.

"You are right, we probably would not."
The sorceress said with pain in her eyes, and for the first time she failed to doge your blow and you hit her in the arm, a gracing cut but a hit non the less, the bandit woman cried out in pain and jumped to the side before you could strike again.

"I would've been that someone. Whether you believe it or not. Accompanying a lonely child might seem like something that's below me but it's just as important as any other heroic task." Serge said side-stepping a magical attack and countering with his own sword slashes.

"Would I have given up the glory? If with a snap of my fingers I could make everyone in the world forget about me and my deeds to be a friend and bring comfort to a child? I would...well...I..." Serge began to stammer. Unsure of why he couldn't speak those simple. He had always been afraid of being ignored, of being forgotten. Lost by yourself in a world that seemed made to kill you. Like a droplet of water in a gigantic ocean. Unknown and unnecessary.

He steeled himself. He couldn't let the sorceress get to him. He was stronger now. Smarter. He stared right at the sorceress's face. "I would do it. I would do it in a heartbeat!" Serge said his sword swings getting faster with every word. "Because you don't need songs written about you. You don't need glory or fame to be important! Everyone is important! We all live in this world and we should all do our best to make it a better place for everyone. If I have to lose everything to do so than so be it."

The sorceress smiled, just slightly, but she smiled.
"Now...perhaps you are beginning to understand, that you could take as much pride in a simple tas as in a grand one...perhaps, we will see...I will make you an offer swordsman."
She said and she stopped trying to attack you, though she still defended herself.
"It is to late for me, I am what I am, but what if I told you I could send you somewhere you could be a friend to another child in a situation much like mine, and others...a young maid who needs to trust you to allow to to help her be with her beloved, another child who might be loosing both her mother and her father shortly, another child afraid that her beloved teacher will never return and a young woman with the same fear...you can help them, but you would just be a kid there, no great hero, if you want to be like you are here, then you can attemt to become a adventurer and hero, but you will get nothing for free, and there will be many hurdles in your path to be so, and one of them will be to learn to take pride in the simple things where you can make a difference. If you make the choice to go to that place I will release the lighthouse keeper's wife and child and heal your friends, but no one will remember you here, all your glory and fame will be gone and you will be just a boy...a boy who have to build his own future. The alternative is that you stay here, continue to be the great hero you are, we fight and perhaps you defeat me and you can return triumphently, that village will probably give you a statue or something, you can continue to live adventure to adventure a hero...everything you want to be...choose."
The woman said and her fiery green bore themselves into you as if she could see into your very soul.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:47 am

The bandit sorceress elegantly stepped out of the way of your blows then conjured a shield to keep herself safe.
"Ah no warrior you mistake me for some cleric, that all you need do is make some sacrifice, some money paid anomeously, some fasting then all is forgiven, I am saying there is nothing to forgive, there is nothing wrong with wanting fame and glory, but you do not want it, you crave it because you think you are nothing without it, under your armor you are a small, terrified little boy who thinks nothing of yourself, you are like the rich man who sprinkle gold on his food to show how rich he is, being rich is no sin, wanting riches is no sin, thinking you are nothing without the riches are. You are wearing glory as an armor instead of dealing with how you fucking feel."
The red haired woman said bluntly.

"SHUT UP!" Serge said finally losing his cool as the sorceress's words had struck a nerve and his frenzied assaults only grew stronger. "What are you without your magic! Just some girl harboring a grudge against the people who gave her a home! Your one to talk about dealing with feelings, you fucking kidnapped a young child! Your doing the same thing that was done to you!"

Serge knew that his words were meaningless. It didn't make the sorceress's words any less true. He just needed to say something to distract himself from the harsh truths. What was he without his armor? Without his sword? Without his magic? Just some peasant who liked to pretend he was a gallant knight or wise mage. A little boy who hid from his fears and was to scared to even talk with his peers, preferring to run away and go to someplace he didn't need to deal with his feelings of inadequacy.

"You are right, we probably would not."
The sorceress said with pain in her eyes, and for the first time she failed to doge your blow and you hit her in the arm, a gracing cut but a hit non the less, the bandit woman cried out in pain and jumped to the side before you could strike again.
The sorceress smiled, just slightly, but she smiled.
"Now...perhaps you are beginning to understand, that you could take as much pride in a simple tas as in a grand one...perhaps, we will see...I will make you an offer swordsman.
She said and she stopped trying to attack you, though she still defended herself.
"

"Oh for fucks sake I just landed a hit on you!" Serge said as he himself stopped his furious assault. His swords were still at the ready, but he was willing to hear the sorceress's offer.

"It is to late for me, I am what I am, but what if I told you I could send you somewhere you could be a friend to another child in a situation much like mine, and others...a young maid who needs to trust you to allow to to help her be with her beloved, another child who might be loosing both her mother and her father shortly, another child afraid that her beloved teacher will never return and a young woman with the same fear...you can help them, but you would just be a kid there, no great hero, if you want to be like you are here, then you can attempt to become a adventurer and hero, but you will get nothing for free, and there will be many hurdles in your path to be so, and one of them will be to learn to take pride in the simple things where you can make a difference. If you make the choice to go to that place I will release the lighthouse keeper's wife and child and heal your friends, but no one will remember you here, all your glory and fame will be gone and you will be just a boy...a boy who have to build his own future. The alternative is that you stay here, continue to be the great hero you are, we fight and perhaps you defeat me and you can return triumphantly, that village will probably give you a statue or something, you can continue to live adventure to adventure a hero...everything you want to be...choose."
The woman said and her fiery green bore themselves into you as if she could see into your very soul.

Serge was out of breath and was breathing heavily. His angered sword strikes had taken quite a bit out of him. He stopped to think about the sorceress's request.

"No sword...no cool armor...no fame. Start over as some boy." he repeated to himself as if he wanted to make sure he knew what he was sighing up for. "And I would need to help these children. Befriend them and help them through their fears."

He thought about it for a moment. A dreadful silence surrounded him as he thought about the exact nature of the offer before him. He would lose everything. His friends, his fortune, his skills. How could he take such an offer? And could he even trust her? Why should he help some random children when their was so much that he could do to help right now? Every part of his being told him to reject the offer. To take the small opportunity and strike the sorceress down where she stood. But Serge couldn't help but feel that the bandit queen was right in a way. That she somehow knew him better than he'd care to admit.

Then with an unexpected smile Serge looked right into her fiery green eyes and said, "I've already made strange deals with orcs. Making one with a bandit sorceress is just another step up the ladder. Promise to release your captives, heal my friends and let them go and I'll....I'll accept your offer."

Their was a bit of hesitation, although it was of fear rather than unwillingness. Unsure of where exactly the sorceress would send him. "I mean this way I get to help the most people. And after my big speech I can't exactly deny such a request now can I? And I can still become a hero right? I did it once so I can do it again. I think I'll focus on magic rather than swords skills. I need some cool tricks to show those kids after all." he said with a slight chuckle.

"And you know it's not too late for you. I mean it probably won't be me but I'll bet their gonna be someone in your future who'll help you."
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:32 am

"SHUT UP!" Serge said finally losing his cool as the sorceress's words had struck a nerve and his frenzied assaults only grew stronger. "What are you without your magic! Just some girl harboring a grudge against the people who gave her a home! Your one to talk about dealing with feelings, you fucking kidnapped a young child! Your doing the same thing that was done to you!"

Serge knew that his words were meaningless. It didn't make the sorceress's words any less true. He just needed to say something to distract himself from the harsh truths. What was he without his armor? Without his sword? Without his magic? Just some peasant who liked to pretend he was a gallant knight or wise mage. A little boy who hid from his fears and was to scared to even talk with his peers, preferring to run away and go to someplace he didn't need to deal with his feelings of inadequacy.

The sorceress just chuckled and accepted the blows of your sword with her magical shield and she let you rage before she said.
"Well without my magic this would be a shorter fight, I would be far less powerful and probably sadened, but I would still be me. I am not saying it is wrong to be proud of one's abilities, the problem is you are not, you are hiding behind your armor, you are not an adventurer because you have worked hard for your skills and want to use them where they matter, you are an adventurer because you feel you have to in order to matter, devaluating every ability you have that are not immediatly useful for killing dragons."
She challanged harshly.

"Oh for fucks sake I just landed a hit on you!" Serge said as he himself stopped his furious assault. His swords were still at the ready, but he was willing to hear the sorceress's offer.

"Yes so you did indeed, would you like an applause?"
The sorceress asked sarcastically but she kept up just holding her shield up and not attacking you further.

Serge was out of breath and was breathing heavily. His angered sword strikes had taken quite a bit out of him. He stopped to think about the sorceress's request.

"No sword...no cool armor...no fame. Start over as some boy." he repeated to himself as if he wanted to make sure he knew what he was sighing up for. "And I would need to help these children. Befriend them and help them through their fears."

"Indeed, well you can help the children or not at your choosing, but you have to give up all of this, your armor, your sword and your fame and be just a boy, and perhaps learn a few lessons along the way."
The bandit sorceress said and nodded.
"But helping the children would be the decent thing to do."

He thought about it for a moment. A dreadful silence surrounded him as he thought about the exact nature of the offer before him. He would lose everything. His friends, his fortune, his skills. How could he take such an offer? And could he even trust her? Why should he help some random children when their was so much that he could do to help right now? Every part of his being told him to reject the offer. To take the small opportunity and strike the sorceress down where she stood. But Serge couldn't help but feel that the bandit queen was right in a way. That she somehow knew him better than he'd care to admit.

Then with an unexpected smile Serge looked right into her fiery green eyes and said, "I've already made strange deals with orcs. Making one with a bandit sorceress is just another step up the ladder. Promise to release your captives, heal my friends and let them go and I'll....I'll accept your offer."

"I swear it swordsman, I wil release my captives, heal your friends and let them go, I can even throw in a decent meal for them before they go."
The bandit sorceress said and she gave a slight smile.

heir was a bit of hesitation, although it was of fear rather than unwillingness. Unsure of where exactly the sorceress would send him. "I mean this way I get to help the most people. And after my big speech I can't exactly deny such a request now can I? And I can still become a hero right? I did it once so I can do it again. I think I'll focus on magic rather than swords skills. I need some cool tricks to show those kids after all." he said with a slight chuckle.

"You can and will be a hero again, but hopefully the next time around, you become one because you really want to walk that path, as yourself, and not because you will need such things to matter, whatever you do, do it from your heart, not to impress or please others."
The Bandit sorceress said softly.

"And you know it's not too late for you. I mean it probably won't be me but I'll bet their gonna be someone in your future who'll help you."

"Perhaps so Serge...and perhaps it will be you, perhaps another, for now though there are others you can help."
She said and she snapped her fingers and a water like portal appeared in the middle of the air.
"This will wash away who you are in this world...and perhaps help you learn the lessons ahead of you."
The woman said as she stood beside the portal waiting for you to go through or not.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:55 pm

The sorceress just chuckled and accepted the blows of your sword with her magical shield and she let you rage before she said.
"Well without my magic this would be a shorter fight, I would be far less powerful and probably sadened, but I would still be me. I am not saying it is wrong to be proud of one's abilities, the problem is you are not, you are hiding behind your armor, you are not an adventurer because you have worked hard for your skills and want to use them where they matter, you are an adventurer because you feel you have to in order to matter, devaluating every ability you have that are not immediatly useful for killing dragons."
She challanged harshly.

Serge could dodge each and every one of the sorceress's magic, but he couldn't escape her words. Words that struck him harder than any hammer. Each sentence revealing another flaw and weakening his attacks until he was simply swinging his sword like a stick.

"Fine....fine. he said in an exasperated voice in between sharp gasps for air. "You win. What your saying is true. I don't value myself. I hide underneath armor to escape insignificance. To feel important."

"Yes so you did indeed, would you like an applause?"
The sorceress asked sarcastically but she kept up just holding her shield up and not attacking you further.

"YES! You've already firmly established that part of me." Serge said only half-jokingly.

"Indeed, well you can help the children or not at your choosing, but you have to give up all of this, your armor, your sword and your fame and be just a boy, and perhaps learn a few lessons along the way."
The bandit sorceress said and nodded.
"But helping the children would be the decent thing to do."

"I mean, I'd be kind of a dick if I didn't help those children." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulders. "And besides. What I said was true. I want to help people."

"I swear it swordsman, I wil release my captives, heal your friends and let them go, I can even throw in a decent meal for them before they go."
The bandit sorceress said and she gave a slight smile.

"And toss in some food for the orcs." Serge added returning the smile with his own.

"You can and will be a hero again, but hopefully the next time around, you become one because you really want to walk that path, as yourself, and not because you will need such things to matter, whatever you do, do it from your heart, not to impress or please others."
The Bandit sorceress said softly.

Serge simply listened to the sorceress's words and took them to heart. That no matter what he did he did with purpose. Not to gain favor, admiration, or recognition but because its the right thing to do. Realizing that every action had a significance. Perhaps small or large but a significance nonetheless.

"Perhaps so Serge...and perhaps it will be you, perhaps another, for now though there are others you can help."
She said and she snapped her fingers and a water like portal appeared in the middle of the air.
"This will wash away who you are in this world...and perhaps help you learn the lessons ahead of you."
The woman said as she stood beside the portal waiting for you to go through or not.

"Right...wait how do you know my name?" Serge asked with a confused look on his face before realizing, "Oh right, I'm a famous swordsmen."

Then as he stepped towards the portal and said, "At least...I was a famous swordsmen."

With a final deep breath to strengthen his resolve, Serge took one more step and ventured through the portal.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:44 pm

Serge could dodge each and every one of the sorceress's magic, but he couldn't escape her words. Words that struck him harder than any hammer. Each sentence revealing another flaw and weakening his attacks until he was simply swinging his sword like a stick.

"Fine....fine. he said in an exasperated voice in between sharp gasps for air. "You win. What your saying is true. I don't value myself. I hide underneath armor to escape insignificance. To feel important."

"Then perhaps you have built yourself in the wrong order, from the outside in insead of from the inside and out."
The bandit sorceress said and smiled slightly.
"At least you finally realize it kid."

"YES! You've already firmly established that part of me." Serge said only half-jokingly.

"It will have to wait until I do not longer need my hands for spellcasting."
The woman said sounding amused.

"I mean, I'd be kind of a dick if I didn't help those children." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulders. "And besides. What I said was true. I want to help people."

"Yes you would be, but I do not think you will do that, I think you will help them.."
She said approvingly.

"And toss in some food for the orcs." Serge added returning the smile with his own.

That made the sorceress chuckle.
"And some food for the orcs...as you wish."
She said with amusement in her voice.

Serge simply listened to the sorceress's words and took them to heart. That no matter what he did he did with purpose. Not to gain favor, admiration, or recognition but because its the right thing to do. Realizing that every action had a significance. Perhaps small or large but a significance nonetheless.

The bandit woman looked at you, saying nothing but you caught a glimpse of approval in her eyes.

"Right...wait how do you know my name?" Serge asked with a confused look on his face before realizing, "Oh right, I'm a famous swordsmen."

You only got a mysterious smile from the woman at that.

Then as he stepped towards the portal and said, "At least...I was a famous swordsmen."

With a final deep breath to strengthen his resolve, Serge took one more step and ventured through the portal.

You stepped through the portal, feeling dizzy and then you woke back up, on the sofa in Rosa's apartment with your Counsin sitting beside you, she was carefully changing a wet compress on your forehead, the made girls where playing with Jane's dolls in the corner.
"Oh heaven thank heaven...Serge...can you hear me?"
You felt euphoric, very much like when you first Awakened, it was an elated feeling that came from new understanding, from connecting closer with your Avatar.
"Jane said you where in a Seeking...I have been so worried...you just collapsed at the table...are you ok?"
Rosa asked as she gave you a concerned look.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum