Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Go down

Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:50 pm

"Well yes I guess that is a creepy way of looking at it."
Paul agreed.
"But what you describe do sound rather nice, to have an inner guide like that."
He said and he gave you a small smile.

"Yeah, it is nice isn't it. To have someone let you know how you can grow as a person. My Avatar recently told me to stop beating myself up over not being some heroic magickal wizard and to acknowledge all of the small things that I've done to help." Serge said with a smile. "I sometimes pretend like I'm useless and my Avatar was having none of that."

"Well it is not just this...the magick thing it is more that everything is to much, th sounds, the smells everything and I am just so confused."
Paul whispered.
"And everything sort of hurts."

"The pain might just be from lying down for too long." Serge mused. "But yeah, once you learn about all of this, the way you view the world changes. It's like waking up to a whole new side of reality and everything before was just seems like a dream. I think that's why we refer to it as an awakening."

Paul looked really scared for a while then he said in a whisper.
"Are you sure the man who hurt me...will not come back? That they can not get at me again...I...I..."
Paul started sobbing softly and he brought his hands up and covered his face.
"He hurt me...he hurt me!"
He sobbed.

"Hey hey hey easy now." Serge said trying to quickly comfort Paul. "I know he hurt you....No human being should have to go what you went through. But I can assure you that the man you hurt you will never come back. We captured him, disabled his magick and he will face an appropriate punishment for all of his crimes. Rest assured no one will ever see him again."

(OOC: Thanks for letting me know Anja. And now that you mention it Warp, my first Vampire character was named John Razz. )

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:38 am

"Yes what we used was...a broken of table leg." Fran said softly. "That woman suffered gratly...she is still suffering and that is on us...poor woman. Hopefully she will e released when the sun go down and sent on her way."

"Even with Entropy and training at times we step wrong. All you can do Adley is the best you can, with what you have, I know that might not be what you wish to hear but it is the only advice I can offer, to do the best you can." The young Euthanathos said and nodded.

"I am doing that..." He sighed. "I suppose I hope my best will end up being good enough. Eventually. Thanks for listening."

"It is the woman with the injury to her...spine. Dr Wong says there is just to much damage and he have tried and failed to heal her, that all he can do is keep her alive and in pain, if she can feel anything in the state she is in...for a few weeks. I know I am giving her mercy but it is still a life lost...the Nephandi hurt so many but I guess all we can do is try as you say to be vigilent of another uprising and try to help those we saved I am glad some of them are doing better though they have to be horribly traumatized." The young death mage said and a few more tears rolled down her cheeks. "I wish we could do more, than we could have saved more...but like I said we can only do the best we can."

He nodded as he told him which person it had been - it was the one he'd been thinking of..."They have been and they'll need help, but maybe not all is lost yet."

The old alchemist nodded. "I know I for one do not really feel like meat right now...not after all that...yeah...all that..." He said softly.

He nodded. "Understandable."

"It will not be piping hot but it should still be hot enough to be good. I will fill a thermos of soup for you once it is ready Mr Roth Hicks."
Darrian said and smiled.

"Thanks," he said, "that would be great," he agreed as he finished up gathering whatever food and water that was left to take up and stuffing it into a bag or basket. "There, that should do it," he said, setting it somewhere out of the way to grab.

"It so not matter if it is a few more minutes than that as long as I find someone to stir the pots for me so it do not burn, so sure let us go. Do you want me to leave Mundi here? If you wanted to discuss something in private?" Darrian asked as he wiped of his hands on a tovel and prepared to go to the Council Chambers with you.

"Ah, thank you for the consideration. Hm, perhaps it would be prudent," he said with a nod.

// lol, given name of my first Mage character too XD not the one he used though
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:46 am

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"I am doing that..." He sighed. "I suppose I hope my best will end up being good enough. Eventually. Thanks for listening."

"Any time Adley and sometimes will alone is enough, wanting to do good is enough and knowing you have done all that you can even if the situation is not always ideal."
Fran said and and she gave you a small smile.

He nodded as he told him which person it had been - it was the one he'd been thinking of..."They have been and they'll need help, but maybe not all is lost yet."

"At least the poor wounded woman will get to reincarnate and we can pray that her next like will be better, and for the others, perhaps with time and care they can get back on their feet."
The death magus said softly then she shook her head.
"The Nephandi have done so much harm."

He nodded. "Understandable."

Darrian just nodded at that.

"Thanks," he said, "that would be great," he agreed as he finished up gathering whatever food and water that was left to take up and stuffing it into a bag or basket. "There, that should do it," he said, setting it somewhere out of the way to grab.

You had found a basket in the store room you visited had hadd now filled it with food and water bottles.

"Ah, thank you for the consideration. Hm, perhaps it would be prudent," he said with a nod.

"Think nothing of it."
The Master alchemist said, he asked his familliar to stay and then he went out into the common room and asked Francis better to look affter the pots, something the Flambeau agreed to. Darrian then went with you to the still empty Council Chambers and closed the door.
"What was it you needed to discuss with me Mr Roth Hicks?"

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"Yeah, it is nice isn't it. To have someone let you know how you can grow as a person. My Avatar recently told me to stop beating myself up over not being some heroic magickal wizard and to acknowledge all of the small things that I've done to help." Serge said with a smile. "I sometimes pretend like I'm useless and my Avatar was having none of that."

"Hum it sounds like your Avatar is pretty smart, you seam to be doing allot to help out here, and besides it is never a good idea to put oneself down, that helps no one."
Paul said and nodded.

"The pain might just be from lying down for too long." Serge mused. "But yeah, once you learn about all of this, the way you view the world changes. It's like waking up to a whole new side of reality and everything before was just seems like a dream. I think that's why we refer to it as an awakening."

Allison looked at you and swrote something down in the note app on her phone and showed you.
"He have several not yet healed punctures in his spine, to little but not critically low levels of spinal fluid which will lead to massive heaches, two healing surgery wounds and a hole drilled into his head not yet healed, ligature markes on his wrists, bruises from injections over most of his body. He have been forcefully Awakened against the will of his Avatar and that Avatar have then been thorn out of his soul though it have now returned, I think laying down is probably a good idea for him right now Mr Yager, please leave the medical advice to the healers and doctors."

Paul looked at youand sigh.
"Perhaps so Serge but it all fells so...so wrong and overwalming, as if I am seeing something I should not be seeing."
The wounded man whispered.

"Hey hey hey easy now." Serge said trying to quickly comfort Paul. "I know he hurt you....No human being should have to go what you went through. But I can assure you that the man you hurt you will never come back. We captured him, disabled his magick and he will face an appropriate punishment for all of his crimes. Rest assured no one will ever see him again."

"Are you sure? Are you sure that man is gone? Are you sure he will not coome back...are you sure?"
Paul wept terrified, he looked so tired.
"What could possibly be a suitable punishment for all he have done, to me and others? That man is a monster!"
The wounded man sobbed.

[Colin] (Morningstar 6 in the afternoon)

Colin grinned, "Oh, dear... better Ninja Gaiden than Contra, I guess... Hum, heroines in such games, though... Metroid? More exploration than lightning reflexes, though... but plenty of jumping."

"I like jumping."
Mary Elisabeth said happily and Ir smiled a little.
"Well I guess we have to pick it up then, Metroid that is the name of it?"
He asked and his young daugther smiled again.
"Thank you Daddy."

He smiled wryly, "So she tried to make a run for it when they came to collect her, did she? I've seen the future, and she'll not be broken, even at the last... She'll stand up defiant, even without her Avatar, before they finally end her life..."

"Standing up after having been through Gilgul that is...really impressive."
Betty said in a whisper not to have Allison overhear after all as she risked the same punishment the young mage probably did not want to hear about Gilguls.
"I have heard rumpors that Heylel Teomim did the same, standing up and supporting himself on a staff after the rite was done and before his execution turned him to fine dust."
The hedge wizard muttered.
"I can not really imagine though what it would be like. I mean I get the horror of loosing one's magick, I would be pretty distraught if I lost mine but my Gift do not speak to me, I do not have that kind of relationship with it. I can not imagine what it would be like for an Awakened mage to loose that."

He smiled, "The English kitchen is more supportive of ales and beers with dinner than wines... though I will admit I've come across a few good vintages - the Australians make some excellent Cabernets to go with assorted mutton dishes, for example."

"So they do indeeed Mr Wainwright, as for beer I can enjoy a mug of that drink as well though I prefer it not be to bitter I favor sweet flavors to my drink, unless I am eating something very fatty where a bit of a bite to the drink help balance the flavor."
Udella said and smiled.

He grinned wryly, "Yes, well, I might have tried to look out for you, myself, if not for my already adopting Devourer of Fetuses as my own daughter and apprentice... And yes, I am the guy who stabbed you in the butt... If it is any comfort, it is unlikely I will have to do so again... even if our families become close."

"Devouerer of Featuses will be protected then? The kid will not be? Them that? Good I mean she is just a child."
Allison said ignoring the fact that she was only about three years older than Anna.
"Yeah I hope not, I mean my but feel like the time I sat down on a hortnet as a kid, fatal for the hortnet but let us say he got his revenge before his death."
The young mage said wryly.
"Then again given that you made me loose control over a spell and I was hit badly with Dox my soul being a bit wrapped up in cotton and numb right now might not be th worst thing in the world."

He nodded quietly, grinning as they came across the two cats, "Well, those two have the right idea, I guess - now that the crisis is over, they can play freely..."

"Indeed...the inosence of small children and animals never cease to bring a smile to my face."
Udella said and grinned as she watched th cats tumble around on the floor chasing one another and play fighting.

As they entered the sitting room, Colin drew out his wand and cast his Scrambling Rote on the room, arching an eye at Udella, "I can't do much about blocking sound, but at least scrying on the room should be much harder now...

"I will takecare of that problem Mr Wainwright."
Udella said and she did a few quick hand gestures to shield a room against sounds being heard from the outside.
"It should be safe to talk now Mr Wainwright."

Let's see, first things first, I've managed to borrow the collar belonging to Mrs. Piti and Mrs. Wellspring - their wedding band, if you will - until I can have one crafted specifically for Anna. So she is safe from the serum, thank Heavens.

"That is very good news Mr Wainwright."
Udella said and nodded.

On the less happy side of things, the battle in the Boston Labyrinth went a little awry toward the end - while I managed to conscript the Handler's aid in defeating Larson, there was something that came out of the Caul and started killing the Masters who were trying to destroy it... I had no good options, and had to charge into the Caul. I was successful, and managed to destroy it without Falling, but unfortunately, Senior Quaesitor Vittoria D'Angelo was present and tried to examine Mia uninvited and without a verdict, and was stung for the effort... she knows I have a shard cluster, though I don't think she has seen the wonder at the core. She tried to arrest me on the spot, but I did not have the time to deal with that particular fuss, and since she has an obviously hostile attitude toward me, Chief Morgan accepted my suggestion to call in Master Tolle to investigate my state of being in D'Angelo's stead, and that I would surrender myself to his authority immediately upon my return from my errands in Chicago... which means, I may need legal counsel for the inquiries, even if i have full faith he will not be willing or able to declare me completely Fallen. I will have to get a quick comparison scan done by Master Telar upon returning, though - I did pick up some... more strays in the Caul, and I feel like Mia is a bit stronger again... I did not come out unaffected, even if I am unscathed by the experience..."

Udella looked at you for a while then she sat down, there as a bit of time before she spoke.
"Well not that is a spot of trouble now is it not Mr Wainwright...in and off itself entering a Caul is not illegal, becoming Fallen is. However if you have Fallen parts of your Avatar that might be enough to have you declared Fallen...though I doubt it. You have entered a legal gray area Mr Wainwright, shard cluster Avatars are rare and there are no clear legal precedent for dealing with them."
She said and sigh.
"You Avatar biding back at Master D'Angelo is not illegal if she acted without proper authority or a court order so to spak or your consent then that will be considered self defense...the question if did the Masters fighting the Caul try to stop you entering it? If so you might be guilty of disrespecting someone of greater knowledge, and might be guilty of endangering your Chantry...I o not think you can be legally held to any other crime though as long as the core of your Avatar is clean. A sample of core Quintessence might have to be collected to prove that though and that procedure is quite painful."
The old Quesitor said.
"I will defend you if you wish, depending on how much of your Avatar is corrupted I should be able to get it down to minor Cencure as well as having to leave a sample of yoru Arcane connections in the hands of the Deacons of your Chantry so that if you should completely Fall you can be easily hunted down."
She said and she gave you a solemn look.
"But I can not guarentee anything."

[Nicole] (In the old auto shop at 4 in the afternoon.)

'Check what? There's dozens of HMO's, state and federal programs. Ask every single one, they'd have to.' Nicole replied dismissively, searching a workbench for keys. 'You expecting Patty and Selma to bother doing that? Cops can't even be bothered to check out-of-state warrants half the time.' giving a little smile on grabbing the keys and seeing they appeared to be the right ones.

The keys did seam to be the right ones.
"I did not think about that. Yes now I have 20/20 vision and I guess I could claim I had laser surgery, I might take driving lessons then and do that, thank you for the advice, having a car might be practical."
The Verbena said and nodded.

'As long as you clear the vision test at the DMV, should be fine. Why they gonna ask everyone about a guy with 20/20 vision? If for some odd reason they do find out, simply say you had "cutting edge laser surgery" or some shit. These are pen-pushers, not opticians. And searching records means more work, which is a big no-no.' going around to the driver's side of the car and trying out the key.

The car engine started when you turned the key, there was a bit of a noise coming from the engine, something was loose and had to be tightened up but it started up just fine.

(OOC: We have two Johns in the game though a vampire and Cita's dead apprentice that she still mourns.)

(OOC 2: I had a rouge Iteration X cyborg once in a game named Johnny.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:21 am

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"I like jumping."
Mary Elisabeth said happily and Ir smiled a little.
"Well I guess we have to pick it up then, Metroid that is the name of it?"
He asked and his young daugther smiled again.
"Thank you Daddy."
Colin nodded, "The Metroid series caused some ruckus when it was first released. Or more precisely, when people first beat the game at a good time and discovered there was a woman under the armour. The old games are good, but I'm given to understand there've been some newer games released that play differently. I'll admit I don't know much about how well received those were."

"Standing up after having been through Gilgul that is...really impressive."
Betty said in a whisper not to have Allison overhear after all as she risked the same punishment the young mage probably did not want to hear about Gilguls.
"I have heard rumpors that Heylel Teomim did the same, standing up and supporting himself on a staff after the rite was done and before his execution turned him to fine dust."
The hedge wizard muttered.
"I can not really imagine though what it would be like. I mean I get the horror of loosing one's magick, I would be pretty distraught if I lost mine but my Gift do not speak to me, I do not have that kind of relationship with it. I can not imagine what it would be like for an Awakened mage to loose that."
He nodded sagely, "Yes, Teomim had a staff. Miss Jerkins, though, will not have one... A defiant warrior to the bitter end, that one..."
He frowned, "Trust me on this - you don't want to know how painful it is... Neither during nor after..."

"So they do indeeed Mr Wainwright, as for beer I can enjoy a mug of that drink as well though I prefer it not be to bitter I favor sweet flavors to my drink, unless I am eating something very fatty where a bit of a bite to the drink help balance the flavor."
Udella said and smiled.
He grinned, "Well, now, there are several alternatives to bitters - there are fruity beers, tart beers, and many others. I think one of the local shops near Steelhaven Hall occasionally carries a raspberry ale; you might like that one."

"Devouerer of Featuses will be protected then? The kid will not be? Them that? Good I mean she is just a child."
Allison said ignoring the fact that she was only about three years older than Anna.
"Yeah I hope not, I mean my but feel like the time I sat down on a hortnet as a kid, fatal for the hortnet but let us say he got his revenge before his death."
The young mage said wryly.
"Then again given that you made me loose control over a spell and I was hit badly with Dox my soul being a bit wrapped up in cotton and numb right now might not be th worst thing in the world."
He nodded sagely, "She's a little more than a child, perhaps, but yes, she is under better protection than most Fallen would be."
He grimaced, "I know how the injection feels - I've given myself a shot to know what I might be subjecting others to, as well as for a few... other reasons. It's quite painful - and my Avatar was rightly livid afterwards."

Udella looked at you for a while then she sat down, there as a bit of time before she spoke.
"Well not that is a spot of trouble now is it not Mr Wainwright...in and off itself entering a Caul is not illegal, becoming Fallen is. However if you have Fallen parts of your Avatar that might be enough to have you declared Fallen...though I doubt it. You have entered a legal gray area Mr Wainwright, shard cluster Avatars are rare and there are no clear legal precedent for dealing with them."
She said and sigh.
"You Avatar biding back at Master D'Angelo is not illegal if she acted without proper authority or a court order so to spak or your consent then that will be considered self defense...the question if did the Masters fighting the Caul try to stop you entering it? If so you might be guilty of disrespecting someone of greater knowledge, and might be guilty of endangering your Chantry...I o not think you can be legally held to any other crime though as long as the core of your Avatar is clean. A sample of core Quintessence might have to be collected to prove that though and that procedure is quite painful."
The old Quesitor said.
"I will defend you if you wish, depending on how much of your Avatar is corrupted I should be able to get it down to minor Cencure as well as having to leave a sample of yoru Arcane connections in the hands of the Deacons of your Chantry so that if you should completely Fall you can be easily hunted down."
She said and she gave you a solemn look.
"But I can not guarentee anything."
He nodded, "I am not worried about Master Tolle's verdict on my Avatar, nor the legal repercussions of jumping the Caul; there were no spoken protests or attempts to restrain me at the time, though that was likely just as much due to how quickly I was teleported in and made the jump... What I am more worried about is what Vittoria D'Angelo might try to pull, since she was quite adamant about me being taken into her arrest - no doubt to suffer an unpredictable accident in the process. Well, come to think of it, she'll probably have me shot, and soon. Best try to avoid too much damage from that... Ah, and there is another minor matter..."
He raised his Parma again, "The Handler on the Battlecruiser taught me a little secret... I might need some help in, ah, protecting me against those who might consider it improper for me to know this trick, regardless of any assurances I make that I will not be passing it on..."

((OOC: That Iteration X cyborg wasn't named Johnny-Five, by any chance? Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:25 pm

Colin nodded, "The Metroid series caused some ruckus when it was first released. Or more precisely, when people first beat the game at a good time and discovered there was a woman under the armour. The old games are good, but I'm given to understand there've been some newer games released that play differently. I'll admit I don't know much about how well received those were."

"What do ruccus mean?"
Mary Elisabeth said looking confused.
"I like jumpy jumpy games!"
She declared not really understanding the difference between old and new games.

He nodded sagely, "Yes, Teomim had a staff. Miss Jerkins, though, will not have one... A defiant warrior to the bitter end, that one..."
He frowned, "Trust me on this - you don't want to know how painful it is... Neither during nor after..."

"I can admire that in Miss Jerkins even if she is an enemy, that she is defiant and will not be giving in to despair."
Betty said then she frowned.
"No I suspect I would not want to know that no."

He grinned, "Well, now, there are several alternatives to bitters - there are fruity beers, tart beers, and many others. I think one of the local shops near Steelhaven Hall occasionally carries a raspberry ale; you might like that one."

"Rasperry ale? Now that actually sounds quite interesting I have to try that one."
Udella said and nodded.
"It might indeed be quite delicious."

He nodded sagely, "She's a little more than a child, perhaps, but yes, she is under better protection than most Fallen would be."

"That is good to hear Sir."
Allison said and smiled.

He grimaced, "I know how the injection feels - I've given myself a shot to know what I might be subjecting others to, as well as for a few... other reasons. It's quite painful - and my Avatar was rightly livid afterwards."

"I doubt my Avatar will be pleased either though he have been quiet for now. As for the serum yeah that hurts pretty badly. Master Adimari assure me she can use a local anestetic before the injections if I am put on them before my trial to lessen the pain of it."
The young mage said and frowned.
"But yeah being without my magick for a while is really, really going to suck, I suspect that will be far harder to ease than the pain of the injection itself."

He nodded, "I am not worried about Master Tolle's verdict on my Avatar, nor the legal repercussions of jumping the Caul; there were no spoken protests or attempts to restrain me at the time, though that was likely just as much due to how quickly I was teleported in and made the jump...

Udella nodded at that as she listened to what you had to say.

What I am more worried about is what Vittoria D'Angelo might try to pull, since she was quite adamant about me being taken into her arrest - no doubt to suffer an unpredictable accident in the process. Well, come to think of it, she'll probably have me shot, and soon. Best try to avoid too much damage from that... Ah, and there is another minor matter..."

"Well Master D'Angelo certinly have no legal right to shoot you so if she do then that will be considered to be assult, if it can be proven. However you are right to be worried Mr Wainwright as the Senior Quesitor of your Tribunal she would have the right to arrest you and you running from her demand to take you into custody could have somelegal consequenses."
The old Hermetic said as she regarded you.
"You have gotten yourself into a sticky situation."

He raised his Parma again, "The Handler on the Battlecruiser taught me a little secret... I might need some help in, ah, protecting me against those who might consider it improper for me to know this trick, regardless of any assurances I make that I will not be passing it on..."

"I can cast a personal ward on you Colin, but other than that there is not much I can do, legally there is nothing that forbid you from knowing this spell, no matter who taught it to you, no one can legally go after you for it, but could some Hermetics decide to act to perserve our secrets, even if doing so would be against the Protocols, yes that might happen, my best advice would be to keep you knowing the Parma Magica secret."
Udella said and she frowned deeply.

(OOC: No he had a serial number and that is all he had until he ran away from the Union and took the first name he heard for his own.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:43 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"What do ruccus mean?"
Mary Elisabeth said looking confused.
"I like jumpy jumpy games!"
She declared not really understanding the difference between old and new games.
Colin grinned, "There was some confusion, enthusiasm and debate. Let's leave it at that."

"Rasperry ale? Now that actually sounds quite interesting I have to try that one."
Udella said and nodded.
"It might indeed be quite delicious."
He smiled, "I find it an occasional treat on a late spring or early summer day..."

"I doubt my Avatar will be pleased either though he have been quiet for now. As for the serum yeah that hurts pretty badly. Master Adimari assure me she can use a local anestetic before the injections if I am put on them before my trial to lessen the pain of it."
The young mage said and frowned.
"But yeah being without my magick for a while is really, really going to suck, I suspect that will be far harder to ease than the pain of the injection itself."
He smiled wryly, "Ah, yes, but at least your Avatar should know that it was not you who administered the serum on your own. I had no such defense. And yes, a local anaesthetic will help a bit. As will some sort of cold pack, such as a bag of frozen peas, immediately afterwards."

"Well Master D'Angelo certinly have no legal right to shoot you so if she do then that will be considered to be assult, if it can be proven. However you are right to be worried Mr Wainwright as the Senior Quesitor of your Tribunal she would have the right to arrest you and you running from her demand to take you into custody could have somelegal consequenses."
The old Hermetic said as she regarded you.
"You have gotten yourself into a sticky situation."
He nodded, "I think Master D'Angelo might find it a bit difficult to pursue me legally, what with there being numerous witnesses to her blatantly obvious personal bias against me - Master Morgan will probably be able to leverage that easily enough to call in someone else to deal with such inquiries, which is why my suggestion of Master Tolle was so readily turned to. And seeing as I gave my word to immediately turn myself over to Master Tolle's custody on my return to Steelhaven, my doing so should also go a long way in affirming my adherence to the law... It is a sticky situation, but I think between you and Masters Morgan and Tolle, we should be able to arrange something akin to a restraining order against Master D'Angelo for her being particularly biased in my case... Still, it is almost so I regret not jumping into the Caul before it had taken out Master D'Angelo. Almost."
He smiled wryly, "I'd do my best to prevent needless fatalities on the battlefield... even her. Not sure if that makes me nobler or more foolish, but..."

"I can cast a personal ward on you Colin, but other than that there is not much I can do, legally there is nothing that forbid you from knowing this spell, no matter who taught it to you, no one can legally go after you for it, but could some Hermetics decide to act to perserve our secrets, even if doing so would be against the Protocols, yes that might happen, my best advice would be to keep you knowing the Parma Magica secret."
Udella said and she frowned deeply.
He nodded, lowering the ward again, "This is, as I understand it, an older version of the Parma, though - and I can see a bit of room for improvement and modification, so when I have refined my own variation, it might not even be recognizable as the base ritual... In the meantime, I doubt I will have much need for keeping it raised, and its presence should not be immediately obvious to people unless it is up."

((OOC: Not sure if disappointed. Razz Also, no-one caught the date issue? Tsk. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:49 pm

Colin grinned, "There was some confusion, enthusiasm and debate. Let's leave it at that."

Elisabeth gave you a confused look.
"Ok." she said.

He smiled, "I find it an occasional treat on a late spring or early summer day..."

"Well that do seam like a good time to enjoy a drink like that."
Udella said and she nodded approvingly.

He smiled wryly, "Ah, yes, but at least your Avatar should know that it was not you who administered the serum on your own. I had no such defense. And yes, a local anaesthetic will help a bit. As will some sort of cold pack, such as a bag of frozen peas, immediately afterwards."

"Yeah my butt is on a gel cooling pack right now and that helps a bit."
Allison said and frowned.
"Still it is not likely to be plesant."
Udella nodded.
"Mr Horton recomended I apply some ice beforehand to prevent the purning sensation from the local anestetic, then apply that and let it work, then a mild muscle relaxant to make injecting the serum easier and to use as large a needle as possible to spread the serum evenly and inject it slowly, followed by clearning up the wound and stopping bleeding before gently massaging the area to sisperse the serum around the tissue and then give her an ice pack. He said this should drastically reduce pain and injury though long time it will still be well not a good thing."
The old Quesitor said and Allison nodded.
"It is ok, so long as I am not well...as long as I get to keep my magick and I am not killed it is okey."

He nodded, "I think Master D'Angelo might find it a bit difficult to pursue me legally, what with there being numerous witnesses to her blatantly obvious personal bias against me - Master Morgan will probably be able to leverage that easily enough to call in someone else to deal with such inquiries, which is why my suggestion of Master Tolle was so readily turned to. And seeing as I gave my word to immediately turn myself over to Master Tolle's custody on my return to Steelhaven, my doing so should also go a long way in affirming my adherence to the law... It is a sticky situation, but I think between you and Masters Morgan and Tolle, we should be able to arrange something akin to a restraining order against Master D'Angelo for her being particularly biased in my case... Still, it is almost so I regret not jumping into the Caul before it had taken out Master D'Angelo. Almost."
He smiled wryly, "I'd do my best to prevent needless fatalities on the battlefield... even her. Not sure if that makes me nobler or more foolish, but..."

"It is a good possibility that it can be aranged that Master Tolle handle your case sine Master D'Angelo have dhown herself to be biased, that you ran though is still a problem even if you surrender that stand. It is the same as in sleeper law, even if a policeman is in the wrong a prisoner fleeing would still count against them. As for letting Master D'Anglo die, perhaps the problem is that you would not know how many others the Caul would kill before you got to her. However I would not mention that sentiment during any trial you might go through."
Udella said.

He nodded, lowering the ward again, "This is, as I understand it, an older version of the Parma, though - and I can see a bit of room for improvement and modification, so when I have refined my own variation, it might not even be recognizable as the base ritual... In the meantime, I doubt I will have much need for keeping it raised, and its presence should not be immediately obvious to people unless it is up."

The old Enforcer nodded at that.
"Well keeping your knowledge hidden is probably your best safety measure in this Mr Wainwright."
She said and nodded.
"At least until you can make it unrecognizable."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:24 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"Well that do seam like a good time to enjoy a drink like that."
Udella said and she nodded approvingly.
Colin smiled, "Heavier, nuttier ales are usually good for a cold winter night, though. Of course, most American beers are good for little more than pouring on the grave of someone you disliked in life..."

"Yeah my butt is on a gel cooling pack right now and that helps a bit."
Allison said and frowned.
"Still it is not likely to be plesant."
Udella nodded.
"Mr Horton recomended I apply some ice beforehand to prevent the purning sensation from the local anestetic, then apply that and let it work, then a mild muscle relaxant to make injecting the serum easier and to use as large a needle as possible to spread the serum evenly and inject it slowly, followed by clearning up the wound and stopping bleeding before gently massaging the area to sisperse the serum around the tissue and then give her an ice pack. He said this should drastically reduce pain and injury though long time it will still be well not a good thing."
The old Quesitor said and Allison nodded.
"It is ok, so long as I am not well...as long as I get to keep my magick and I am not killed it is okey."
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I have faith that after you are off the serum, you'll keep your magic for the remainder of your life - I've had a few visions of possible futures, and there was... no indication otherwise."

"It is a good possibility that it can be aranged that Master Tolle handle your case sine Master D'Angelo have dhown herself to be biased, that you ran though is still a problem even if you surrender that stand. It is the same as in sleeper law, even if a policeman is in the wrong a prisoner fleeing would still count against them. As for letting Master D'Anglo die, perhaps the problem is that you would not know how many others the Caul would kill before you got to her. However I would not mention that sentiment during any trial you might go through."
Udella said.
He nodded, "On the other hand, Master Morgan and I were in agreement that I was not evading justice, just given leave to tie up necessary loose ends before surrendering to Master Tolle immediately upon my return. I have faith that Master Morgan and the gathered witnesses to the discussion will support that. And no, I was not actually aware Master D'Angelo was in the chamber at the time, even - though in honesty, the knowledge would not have affected my decision in any manner."

The old Enforcer nodded at that.
"Well keeping your knowledge hidden is probably your best safety measure in this Mr Wainwright."
She said and nodded.
"At least until you can make it unrecognizable."
He nodded, "I concur. It should probably not take too long to deconstruct and reconstruct the ritual - it is deceptively simple in nature, much like my own little innovation yesterday."

He sighed, "As for Allison, there is a rather bad complication in stock for her... You will be forced to keep her on the serum for far longer than the three days that is the safety limit... in five years' time, unless we can change that, you'll arrive on my doorstep in tears, as she'd already slipped into a coma from which she might never wake up. At that point, Anna was examined, having not yet escaped the stay on the serum in that timeline - and we found clumps of Primium in her brain, clustered around her pineal gland. Now, armed with that knowledge, we had Dr. Lee perform a few such scans in Boston, verifying the Primium presence in the brain tissue and bloodstreams... and Dr. Lee managed to find a method of detaching those particles from the brain tissue by introducing a tiny dose of lich blood into the spinal fluid of one patient. By that method, it seems the particles will gradually seep back into the bloodstream to get flushed out through the kidneys. The rather drastic downside is that the necessary lumbar puncture is very painful - because it the procedure causes partial lichdom in that part of the spinal cord, rendering the area immune to anaesthetic."
He frowned, "You said you have a client who was on the serum for years, didn't you? He's got a couple of years left to live; traffic accident... but I have a very dark suspicion that accident was caused by an aneurysm or similar complication caused by the Primium residue - after all, without knowing how to look for it, how would anyone find it?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:38 pm

Anja's Post:
The keys did seam to be the right ones.
"I did not think about that. Yes now I have 20/20 vision and I guess I could claim I had laser surgery, I might take driving lessons then and do that, thank you for the advice, having a car might be practical."
The Verbena said and nodded.

The car engine started when you turned the key, there was a bit of a noise coming from the engine, something was loose and had to be tightened up but it started up just fine.

'Simply being able to drive is useful.' Nicole replied, hesitating for a moment before turning the engine over without getting in; instead shoving a leg in to work the pedal. Once revving up the engine for a moment to test, switches it off.

'Though I'd be more worried about the licence producing a paper-trail. If you've not got an "official identity", may make it easier for Mirrorshades to find you.' glancing at the fuel gauge before closing the car again.

'Can you drive?' looking to Violet.

[What? Only thing I can find special about that day is preliminary signing of the Treaty of Paris (which officially ended the American War of Independence).]

[Nobody's noticed Nicole's birthday, which is a bit more obvious. Though I suspect only Strife would get it right.]

[Aren't cyborgs allowed names then?]
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:11 pm

Colin smiled, "Heavier, nuttier ales are usually good for a cold winter night, though. Of course, most American beers are good for little more than pouring on the grave of someone you disliked in life..."

"True American beers are usually quite horrid. A heavier, nuttier drink do fit better for colder nights though, that I do agree with Mr Wainwright."
Udella said and smiled.

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I have faith that after you are off the serum, you'll keep your magic for the remainder of your life - I've had a few visions of possible futures, and there was... no indication otherwise."

"Thank you Sir that is quite a relief to hear...ehm you can see the future then?"
Allison asked.

He nodded, "On the other hand, Master Morgan and I were in agreement that I was not evading justice, just given leave to tie up necessary loose ends before surrendering to Master Tolle immediately upon my return. I have faith that Master Morgan and the gathered witnesses to the discussion will support that. And no, I was not actually aware Master D'Angelo was in the chamber at the time, even - though in honesty, the knowledge would not have affected my decision in any manner."

"That do not matter Master D'Angelo are the Senior Quesitor of Boston and while demanding another Enforcer do the arrest is viable, going against her wishes that you be arrested and letting you run of to tie up loose ends are not. You are still guildy of running away and refusing the orders of the Tribunal's Senior Enforcer."
Udella said and sigh.

He nodded, "I concur. It should probably not take too long to deconstruct and reconstruct the ritual - it is deceptively simple in nature, much like my own little innovation yesterday."

"Well it will be interesting to see what you can do with it Mr Wainwright."
The old Enforcer said and smiled.

He sighed, "As for Allison, there is a rather bad complication in stock for her... You will be forced to keep her on the serum for far longer than the three days that is the safety limit... in five years' time, unless we can change that, you'll arrive on my doorstep in tears, as she'd already slipped into a coma from which she might never wake up. At that point, Anna was examined, having not yet escaped the stay on the serum in that timeline - and we found clumps of Primium in her brain, clustered around her pineal gland. Now, armed with that knowledge, we had Dr. Lee perform a few such scans in Boston, verifying the Primium presence in the brain tissue and bloodstreams... and Dr. Lee managed to find a method of detaching those particles from the brain tissue by introducing a tiny dose of lich blood into the spinal fluid of one patient. By that method, it seems the particles will gradually seep back into the bloodstream to get flushed out through the kidneys. The rather drastic downside is that the necessary lumbar puncture is very painful - because it the procedure causes partial lichdom in that part of the spinal cord, rendering the area immune to anaesthetic."

Udella was quiet for a while then she said.
"That is horrible, how often would this treatment have to be done in order for Allison to be on the serum safely. I would not want harm to come to her and nor do I wish to cause her more pain than what is neccesary."
She said sounding rather worried.

He frowned, "You said you have a client who was on the serum for years, didn't you? He's got a couple of years left to live; traffic accident... but I have a very dark suspicion that accident was caused by an aneurysm or similar complication caused by the Primium residue - after all, without knowing how to look for it, how would anyone find it?"

"Yes he was sentenced to being on the serum for a year and he was in a pretty bad state by the time that year was over. I do worry about him he is still rather sick I doubt I can talk him into seeking medical attention though, but you did recomend me a Dr ehm...Mossly was it? On Horizon you said she might be able to help my client."

[Nicole] (In the old auto shop at 4 in the afternoon.)

'Simply being able to drive is useful.' Nicole replied, hesitating for a moment before turning the engine over without getting in; instead shoving a leg in to work the pedal. Once revving up the engine for a moment to test, switches it off.

"So it is indeed. I would probably take the buss for most errands after all I want to burden mother earth as little as possible but being able to drive would be rather useful."
Thorn agreed as you checking if the car's engines would start.

'Though I'd be more worried about the licence producing a paper-trail. If you've not got an "official identity", may make it easier for Mirrorshades to find you.' glancing at the fuel gauge before closing the car again.

"I do got an official identity, my own, but eventually I will have to abandon it as I have kept myself from aging quite as much as I normally would have."
The Verbena said.
"So you might be right that could be something to be concerned about."

'Can you drive?' looking to Violet.

"Yeah I can Miss I got my lisence two months ago."
Violet said and smiled.

(OOC: In most of the cannon fiction Technocraazy cyborgs have serial numbers and then some of them are given nicknames by their non Iteration X friends. But this might not be a completely universal policy of Iteration X.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:15 pm

OOC: Well then we are at 30 pages again, sorry for being slow with the new thread I have been really busy for a few days and right now I am feeling a bit ugh it happens. Also sorry for the summary being a bit short I thought it best to get it up than for it to be detailed.

Something horrid made it's way out of the Caul and started killing members of the strike teams, thinking quickly Colin rushed into the Caul and when it tried to pull Mia out of her she detonated, killing the Caul. Mia put herself back together and grabbed some more shards on the way. Colin was nearly arrested for his stunt but since Jeffry believed him that he is not Fallen he got to call in Master Tolle to evaluate him and decide what to do. Colin then left for Chicago, once there he met a Mercere and her student, then he looked in on Anna, got the collar from Harmony and Heather and put it on his apprentice. Then he had a meeting with Ir and Philippa and their children and he learned that Eloine's reincarnation where in danger before he left to find Udella.

Serge continued to help out with the wounded, he even managed to get Paul, the newly Awakened man who had been affected by Jace's gas out of his catatonic state and talking. It turns out theman loved his pet turtles and where a generally nice guy though he was scared and traumatized.

Everyone got of the Umbra ship and Dalisse started the process of leaving, the only ones left are Tane who went back for the dad werewolves' bodies, he is still considering attacking the Battle Cruiser though that might end up being very dangerous.Everyone engaged in some clean up after the fight and tying up loose ends. Nicole was sent with Thorn and Violet to get the rescued Technocrat to the Umbral port, however it quickly became clea that the man did not want to return to the Union, he was afraid of what the other Technocrats would do to him after he had been experimented on by a Nephandus. Nicole and the others decide to ask for help in getting the man a new identity and sending him on his way hoping that he will become an ally down the road.

Tane managed to insult Master Dupree and Adley and Colin are considering giving him a stern talking to. Colin placed Adley as temporary Cabal leader until his legal issues have been resolved. Adley got some time with Narim, then he spoke with his Mentor who could tell him there might be only one horrible way to save Cecilia who Vittoria want to interogate. Only if the hedge wizarrd is claimed as a war prize and become a slave with she have protection, however Jeffry will not let her stay at the Chantry without her powers restrained and the young hedge wizard is terrified. Perhaps Miss Day can help Jeffry find a better solution though. Adley are now preparing for a sleep in a time bubble before he gets more things done.

This is a thread where allot of little loose ends have been tied up and things are beginning to move towards the end of one story and the beginning of a new one. Oh and we also had our 20 000 post during this thread.

Thank you for the good gaming all. You all get 3 exp for this thread.

Here is the link to the new thread: http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com/t160-more-clean-up-new-apprentices-and-helping-an-union-man-ic-thread-28#22107 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum