Pre game talking in character.

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pre game talking in character.

Post by Warpmind on Wed May 27, 2015 6:41 pm

Colin was gently tapping the tires with his foot as the others arrived in the garage, idly making sure there were no flats.
"Right, everyone ready? Oh, for those of you who haven't been to the villa yet, keep your head down... the cellar with the well has a rather low ceiling."
Sliding into the driver's seat, Colin slipped the key into the ignition.
"Hop in, kids."

(OOC: You do realize Colin's about 45, right? "Car older than us all combined" my leg. Wink )
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed May 27, 2015 6:48 pm

Adley nodded to Colin, glad to see he was checking the car over before they left. "All well?"

Being called a kid made him raise his brows at him. He wasn't as old as Colin appeared to be but he was hardly a 'kid' anymore. There were certainly many magii that were far older that they were and looked of indiscriminate age - his mentor, for example. He opened the door and sat down in the seat (whichever one he ends up in), putting the bag between his feet.

// xD lmao! It was more a thought about the fact the car looked a bit of a clunker (even if it ran well) than him thinking they were -actually- older than the car ; ) But noted, Colin is older!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed May 27, 2015 7:12 pm

(OOC: Sure let Adley answer it, it would be logical for him to be sent since he is the apprentice of the security chief.Oh and the car is not as old as them all combined but it is older than some of them, it is about 30 years old.)

Beatrice crawls into the back seat of the car, she had no need to sit up front, her bag she put on the floor by her feet as she fumbles with the safety belt, yes she could use her magick to heal allot of damage to her body, she could however not do so if she was dead so well, safety first. On the way down to the garage she had not noticed Bruce looking at her, not that she would mind but she was just not used to men looking at her like that, though surly many had as she was pretty, beautiful? Perhaps not, but certainly pretty with her petite shape and big brown eyes.
"I have never been to the villa."
The young Verbena said when Collin made a comment about it.
"I was just asking how we where going to get the tass out of the well, it was a well right that the node was centered on?"
The young woman said as she settled into her seat.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Wed May 27, 2015 10:36 pm

Richard has since perked up, "going on a trip... in an old car to a place I've not seen... brilliant" his attitude seems more animated to almost the same as when he first entered the room.

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed May 27, 2015 11:31 pm

"I've been on occasion," he told Beatrice. More than once, but not often. Taking the reserve from the well as a group wasn't something he'd done before though. He wondered if it was due to the fact he hadn't been there or perhaps some other reason for them all to go - but more than that, why the spirits were uneasy. "It's a well, yes."

He smiled slightly at Richard's enthusiasm. He understood the feeling of being able to go out and do something new and refreshing. It seemed like both he and Beatrice didn't get out much but this was a routine task.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Thu May 28, 2015 12:06 am

Richard has his regular clothes on and a backpack with him (ooc medical/first aid equipment) which you have never seen him without after he comes back from work.

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu May 28, 2015 12:18 am

Colin smiled wryly (an outright unnerving visual effect with the scars) and put the car in gear.
"Well, I've been there, and it certainly did look like a well, but I never got too close to it... I've only been to the villa once, and that was to evaluate and polish the silverware. Most of it is old German silver, actually - eight parts silver in ten - so nothing you'd want to take to a werewolf, as Chief Morgan said."
Turning onto the city street, he added, "But I digress..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu May 28, 2015 7:33 am

(OOC: I will write more later to day but I am going out today and have to get ready so I thought a short post would be better than no post.)

Beatrice smiles when she sees Richard's enthusiasm, she was often worried about the healer's state of mind. The young Verbena listens as Adley tells her about the Node and nods, well surly getting the tass could not be that hard, could it?

Bee had never found Colin's appearance unnerving, in fact she kind of liked it, perhaps it was her Avatar that found the scars and evidence of violence and destruction appealing though, it was not always easy to seperate between it's feelings and her own.
"Werewolves? There are really such things?"
Beatrice asked a bit shocked, but it should not surprise her, she was a mage, and had been to another world with two suns, so why not.
"Are you sure they are not Verbena shapeshifters?"
The young mage said then she shrugs.
"Well if Mr Morgan say so I guess it is true, he is old an experienced."
The young mage say and smiles.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu May 28, 2015 4:46 pm

The rush hour was mostly over by the time Colin bring the old car onto the streets of Boston, the time was 18:15 and only a small sliver of reddish light could be seen on the horizon, there was traffic though but not so much as it had been an hour or two ago, there was a coldness to the air even if autumn had just arrived and most days still retained the dying summer's heat, soon it would rain but for now the road was dry. Beatrice sat watching the street lights swoosh by as she considered what Colin had said about werewolves, it would not surprise her if there existed such things, when she had been taken to Horizon she had seen a pack of dragons fly by overhead, the young mage had been so terrified as she was lead to the streets of Concordia that she did not remember much, but she did certainly remember the dragons, beautiful, graceful being, oh and the Earth Elemental, let's not forget him, what was his name? Marvara...yes...something like that, a living, thinking representation of an element, if such beings could exist surly so could werewolves,, but Beatrice had thought all such creatures of legend had become Bygones, forced from reality by the harsh, cruel lash of Paradox, it pleased her to learn however that might not be the case.

The drive to the old villa was not very eventful, it took about an hour to leave the streets of Boston and roll onto the less uniform streets of suburbia. The house in question had once been a impressive home, it was Victorian with beautiful white colons and domed windows, the villa had fallen into disuse though, mages from Steelhaven tended the garden every now and again so the place was not overgrown, but the house itself needed new paint and it was clear from afar that no one had lived in the old stately home for a very long time.

All the five mages could feel that there was a Node nearby, it was a soft hum in the back of their minds, a welcoming feeling of reality being less solid around the place of power, unless magick was cast though it was hard to know more than that slight feeling of familiarity that could be felt from the moment the old station wagon entered the driveway up to the villa.

(I would like everyone to do a Awareness roll difficulty 6 please.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Thu May 28, 2015 4:53 pm

(OOC Just Awareness? )

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu May 28, 2015 5:10 pm

(Forgive me, I am to used to my own gaming group, an Awareness roll would then be a basic Perception plus Awareness, I am sorry I did not make that clear.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Thu May 28, 2015 5:15 pm

(OOC 6 6 8 4 5, Its no problem i through it was but just wanted to clarify, could even have been wits or inteligence Smile haha ))

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu May 28, 2015 5:22 pm

(OOC: I have sent you a PM with what you feel as a result of the roll. I will do the same for the others.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Thu May 28, 2015 5:45 pm

Richard slows and evenly calms his breath looking towards the house (OOC prime focus : roll 10 8 9)

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caedus on Thu May 28, 2015 5:49 pm

Bruce would center himself as he steps out from the car he casually looks about in the area ((9 - 5 - 2 - 7))

Caedus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu May 28, 2015 6:17 pm

The feeling Richard get is one of decay, while there is not a physical smell to it the Quintessence feel like a Node in an old Concentration camp might, it have a feeling of pain, suffering and destruction to it. Now you know both the Technocracy and the Nephandi have ways to change a Node to be more suited to their own distinct flavor of magick, you do not know if that is what have happened here, but if it is not then something else horrible would have bad to have happened to the Node, such as several murders right in the middle of it or something else that would shift the Resonance from slightly static as it should be, to strongly Entropic.

Bruce you get a creepy feeling as you exit the car, you get a knot in the pit of your stomach as if you are afraid of something but do not know what, this place feel like decay and death, and yet flowers grow in the garden and all seam so idyllic, but there is just something here that is just...wrong.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu May 28, 2015 6:34 pm

Colin smiled wryly (an outright unnerving visual effect with the scars) and put the car in gear."Well, I've been there, and it certainly did look like a well, but I never got too close to it... I've only been to the villa once, and that was to evaluate and polish the silverware. Most of it is old German silver, actually - eight parts silver in ten - so nothing you'd want to take to a werewolf, as Chief Morgan said." Turning onto the city street, he added, "But I digress..."

"Werewolves? There are really such things?" Beatrice asked a bit shocked..."Are you sure they are not Verbena shapeshifters?...Well if Mr Morgan say so I guess it is true, he is old an experienced."

"Werewolves certainly do exist. And vampires too," Adley said with a nod. Not beings that he would hope to encounter unaware. Werewolves, vampires, ghosts and spirits...those were just a few of the  potentially more violent threats to them, aside from other mages, the Technocracy especially.

He was trying to imagine Colin sent to the task of cleaning up all the cutlery as the man smiled at him. The man's facility with material substances was always a part of his speech, innate to him. When he was younger and less couth, Colin's visage may have put him off, made him wonder why he did not seek a remedy. It was something to accept, as best he could. Just like everyone in this car that was so very different than he was - though he preferred his ways of doing things and found not only comfort but a vision with every step he took on his own path. He sat back in the seat, watching the cars wash by as Colin drove through the Boston evening traffic.

The villa felt like a breath of fresh air, so different than the urban life that he spent most of his time navigating. As they came closer, he could feel the prickle of the node's presence, belying that this was not just another lovely suburban home. While gathering his things, he took a moment to look around the place, keen eyes scanning for any signs out of the ordinary.

/// OOC:  Per+Aw: 4,6,8,6,5
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caedus on Thu May 28, 2015 6:48 pm

Bruce would in response pull out an explosive, heavy and a second explosive arrow all of them poisoned with bleach of course in response to the feeling. "There is a problem here." He said simply as he looked about in the area and prepared just in case something came to attack them.

Caedus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Thu May 28, 2015 6:50 pm

Richard pipes up " This place has seen great tragedy, something foul has occured, something malevolent may still be here, we should be cautious!" he walks forward to take point clapping his hands by his side, his smile tinged with a look of nausea,

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu May 28, 2015 7:17 pm

Adley to get a feeling of something wrong, something, decaying. Jeffry had at one time found a few small beads containing corrupted tass hidden at the Chantry and launched and investigation to find who owned them, it turned out to be Jack, a young Virtual Adept with a greater desire for power than caution who had won the tass in a card game. Jeffry had given the Adept a very stern talking to, this place feels like those beads, enticing in some ways, but wrong, as if reality itself do not desire this essence here. The closer Adley walks to the villa the more it feels like walking into a morgue, nothing looks wrong, but it sure do feel like it.

Richard's subtle rote elegantly slips into place as reality itself change to accommodate his will, there is a little resistance for reality and Paradox stir, but the subtle effect is not enough to activate it and the result of the Consensus disbelief quietly float by the mage without touching him, he had tricked reality and gotten away with it this time.

Beatrice looks at the villa and her eyes go wide, she glances at Bruce's grenade but it is not the weapon but the house before them that seam to worry her.
"I can not go in there."
The young Verbena whispers and there is fear in her voice as she comes to a dead stop, the fear in her voice though is not matched by the desire in her eyes and she looks at the house as a lover might glance at her chosen.
"Y..you should not go in either...but I can not go any further, I can not be at a place like this."
Beatrice said, her voice low as if she was struggling with herself, then suddenly her behavior went for rather normal, many who felt that menacing presence would hesitate venturing further, to somewhat strange as the young blood witch turned to Adley with pleading in her large, brown eyes.
"Adley you are the apprentice of a Deacon...you will tell them if they ask will you not that I did not go in..please...you will tell them."
Beatrice said and she grabbed the Hermetic's coat with one of her small hands, terror in her eyes and a plea in her voice, though even through that there was desire, desire for what lurked inside the placid looking, and yet looming old villa.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Thu May 28, 2015 7:32 pm

Richard will start stealthy approcharing as much as he can as the car and movements from coming out and their speech may be a telegraph... .still no harm in trying...he maneouvers into what he hops is a blind spot to the winds and door. ..and approaches as quietly as possible. Looking around for anything wishing to be hidden but still detectable. He Looks over towards Beatrice , looks concenerned as he gets into position, and will seek to her wellbeing once we have made sure of the lack of threat which seems to haunt this place.

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu May 28, 2015 7:48 pm

When Richard approach the door to the villa he can see scratches on the look as if it had been lock picked by someone not to skilled at it, other than that there is little to notice, there are no sounds coming from inside, the uneasy feeling of the place get stronger but other than that it feels like any other old villa, the place is worn down but not in a complete state of disrepair, there is a small porch on the front side of the building, the planks have been sweeped, but not recently as some fallen leaves from the nearby willows can be seen littering the porch. So far at least Richard is able to approach the building unhindered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu May 28, 2015 7:52 pm

Adley stood quietly as he looked towards the villa manorhouse but internally, within himself he could feel stirring of uneasiness at the taint and decay as it tried to draw him almost in seduction as it fell apart from within. He was immediately on guard, the others felt it too and he searched along his mind for something that had felt anything like it. He soon felt a pang of distress that shifted quickly as fire into the urge to route it out and purge it. That too was a trap, he warned himself, but the urgency remained, the feeling of being driven in there. After several steps, he stopped dead in his tracks, knowing he would not go into the place without preparing himself further.

"I think something has poisoned this place, perhaps even the tass has been corrupted. I hope that I am wrong--" He was about to say more, hoping that perhaps it was a mask that had been set in place to protect it, when he felt Beatrice by his side, grabbing at his coat frantically. Her fear was palpable but worse, he could see the spark of desire there. Reminded of the Virtual Adept that his mentor had told him about once as a cautionary tale, he nodded in agreement with Beatrice, his blue eyes looking into hers with persistence.

"No, you cannot." There wasn't judgement present in his tone at her reservation. He put a hand on her hand that held him, knowing he would not back down from the task set before him but seeing that she was afraid. He did not want to leave her alone, either. "Stay with the car and if we do not come out or contact you, then call for help. Make sure to protect yourself in all the ways you can."

He looked at the other two to see if they were still obliging to fullfill the task, or if they would stay with Beatrice to keep her safe. Bruce had an explosive in his hand and he frowned at him. They were already moving ahead of him, cautiously. He loathed splitting them but the look in the witch's eyes seemed to tell him that bringing her inside would be the more dangerous choice for her.

"I hope you're not planning on throwing a grenade into our villa," he said. And people thought the Flambeau were the ones that set everything on fire. Before he got a chance to ask the others to wait and collect their thoughts, Richard and Bruce were already off ahead of him. Frowning, he began to prepare to call upon the angels to protect himself...

// OOC -- if we're going to start an ordered sort of exploration (but especially a conflict), it would be easier for me to have dedicated action turns/post orders since by the time I type up a reply things have progressed - and we're all on different time zones and we might step away for a few hours.

Last edited by s7trif3 on Thu May 28, 2015 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Thu May 28, 2015 7:56 pm

Richard stills his breathing putting his ears to the use they were intended.. .he cocks his head... listening for noise/movement anilmal life too. His eyes flicker around attracted to any movement

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Thu May 28, 2015 7:59 pm

(OOC s7trif3 , you got me and Caedus mixed up... no biggie Smile

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top