Pre game talking in character.

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pre game talking in character.

Post by s7trif3 on Thu May 28, 2015 8:04 pm

// Oh sorry D: I'll fix it - there we go, sorry bout that! Having a hard time keeping up. I do have to step out for a few hours, but I'll try to work in a post if I can.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu May 28, 2015 8:13 pm

Beatrice glanced at the car and then back at Adley, she understood that he had to do something, if one of the Chantry's nodes was corrupted something had to be done, but she did not like the idea of her Cabal going in without her, of her staying outside while they where in danger, the rational side of her though knew that in there with a potentially corrupted Node, she would be a greater danger to them than use so she nodded but she clearly did not like the idea, hesitantly Beatrice let go to Adley's coat but as he say she should call for help if her Cabal did not come back out of that house she whispered.
"Do you not realize what they will do to me if you and the others get lost near something corrupted."
The blood witch muttered with renewed terror in her eyes, her words not really meant for Adley, they where meant to no one in particular, slowly the hand that had so desperately grabbed the other mage's coat fell to her side.
"I will wait by the car."
Beatrice agreed, her voice flat with both terror and a longing for what was inside of the house.
"B...but when we rapport this to Mr Morgan...you will tell him I did not go inside...please, you will tell him."
Beatrice said desperately as she looked into Adley's eyes her voice slightly shaking.

Richard you hear nothing out of the ordinary, there might be less birds just around the villa as if they are avoiding the place, but other than that you hear nothing but the others talking and walking around.

(OOC: Yes if and when we get to combat there will be a posting order, as in everyone get to respond before anything else happens, if you all wish we can also do this for exploring. What if we do not advance the scene other than talking, no further exploring before everyone have had a chance to respond?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Thu May 28, 2015 8:29 pm

Richard slowly stalks back to the group.. .a little disheartened ... and gestures over his should..... "seems quiet" he speaks in a low tone...."want to go in?"

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu May 28, 2015 11:52 pm

(OOC: Sorry, I was away all afternoon playing cards - no access to the interwebz before now. My Perception/Awareness roll is 1 - 3 - 4 - 9 - 0)

Colin stepped out of the car a few moments after the others, smoothly slipping the keys into a pocket taking a deep breath of air.
"Something the matter?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri May 29, 2015 12:14 am

Colin notices less than the others, but he to get an uneasy feeling, off course that feeling is not exactly made less by one member of the Cabal readying a grenade, another plain refusing to go in and the two remaining seaming rather worried, but yes something is wrong, but it is hard to pinpoint. Night have fallen as the Cabal have been nearing the old villa, but it is not darkness that make the building threatening, it is the atmosphere.

Beatrice did not seam to notice that Richard ask if the group want to go in, she is still looking at Adley pleading with him to remember to say she never went in, when Colin talks though the young Verbena slowly turn and in a nervous voice she mutters.
"Something is very wrong with the Node."
Bee said, then she turned back to Adley meeting his gaze again, she she wanted to go in there, to possess what was in there, but she knew she could not, she had to keep away, she had to.

(OOC: Warp no worries, post when you have the time, it is just me who got a bit over eager I am the one who should say sorry.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Fri May 29, 2015 12:20 am

"Beatrice, we need you as back up... and maybe to call for cavalry if needed Smile" Richard turns to the other willworkers and awaits a consensus

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri May 29, 2015 12:26 am

Colin hunkered down a little, eyes narrowing and muscles tensing. Swiftly fishing out his wand from his inner pocket.
"Guys, I'll take point; cover my back while I make a beeline for the phone - I'm pretty certain there's one in the hallway. Does the door look tampered with?"
Taking a few steps closer, Colin fished up two of the monocles and held them up in front of his left eye.

(OOC: No worries, things happened a bit fast, I'm sure. Now... how the heck do I cast spells again? Colin will try to examine the door for damage, weaknesses and tampering through his Entropy and Matter lenses - analytical foci - and it's been a few years since I played Mage... O.o )
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Fri May 29, 2015 12:30 am

" Door has been poorly lockpicked ..so yes ...... " Says Richard

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caedus on Fri May 29, 2015 2:01 am

"We can investigate the villa for clues. I am heavily armed so hopefully we will be fine in there." He said as he would cover colin's back as he would enter the house and hold his bow and arrow ready in case anything came to take colin down.

Caedus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Fri May 29, 2015 3:24 am

Richard in anticipation of combat enters a slow loping gait .. his limbs appear to be loose as he moves

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri May 29, 2015 4:00 am

"I will wait by the car."Beatrice agreed, her voice flat with both terror and a longing for what was inside of the house."B...but when we rapport this to Mr Morgan...you will tell him I did not go inside...please, you will tell him."Beatrice said desperately as she looked into Adley's eyes her voice slightly shaking.

Beatrice repeated her plea again and Adley couldn't understand why she was so adamant and terribly, utterly afraid. Of course he would tell his mentor and the others whatever transpired as was his duty. "I will tell him, Beatrice. Do not fear. But 'they' whom? Anything you can tell us is helpful, and aid in our success." He found his brow furrowing as he looked at her. Did she mean her mentor or others at the Chantry? Again he found himself thinking of the unsettled spirits and wondered if there was a connection.

He heard Colin walk towards them and turned to address him. "It appears so," he said, though it was clear he thought there was something indeed wrong with the place. This place feels tainted when it should not. How does this place make you feel?"

As Richard came back towards him, he answered in return. "The place has a foreboding air; I will look and see if there is more happening than meets the eye or our senses before I proceed inside. Though I will probably go inside anyway; I must find out if the node is safe and recover the tass safely if possible. My mentor urged caution, however and I will heed his word. I urge us all to do the same. He also mentioned the spirits were restless at the Chantry; it could be connected."

"Guys, I'll take point; cover my back while I make a beeline for the phone - I'm pretty certain there's one in the hallway. Does the door look tampered with?"

" Door has been poorly lockpicked ..so yes ...... " Says Richard

He grimaced at that. Lock picked? What about all the wards? Not good. If someone stole the tass, or worse, poisoned the well..."Why are you trying to reach the phone?" he asked, unsure why Colin chose that as the first target and wanting to make sure they presented a roughly united front.

"I'll just need a moment," he said, moving aside from the others slightly and towards the building again a few steps, leaving them to develop some of the plan. He wanted to see if he could find out more about the feeling of decay that was emanating from the place in regards to how the node, magickal protections and flow of the area  that he knew should be there - at least the ones that he'd encountered previously. He took out a small disc inscribed with the monad hieroglyph and the number '1', while incanting in Enochian the Words and Names of the First breath.

// OOC: Now that Adley's aware of the weirdness (Per + Awareness - let me know if you want another roll), he's going to use an incantation ritual (Hermetic variant of Watch the Weaving) to enhance his sense of the underlying Vis currents of the area Prime 1 (sphere) - Because some of these might be continuous effects (wards, curses, etc) he can only discern conjunctional continuous effects if he knows the sphere being used: forces, prime, life, spirit.

- Arete roll is 3, 10 -

Here is a clip of the Working from the Corebook:
Watch the Weaving - Prime 1
This Effect is not so much a spell as an additional degree of sensitivity. When any magical Effect is attempted within the vicinity of a disciple of Prime, he may roll Perception + Awareness to detect the weaving of the etheric threads. Once the mage has noticed the subtle tint of magic — or if the mage is just naturally suspicious — he can use this Effect to actually see or sense the magical weavings. Most mages perceive these weavings as patterns of light and color in the air, although perceptions vary according to the nature of the mage, the Tradition of the spellworker and the Effect in question. However he perceives magic, the mage may watch the weaving and attempt to identify the patterns and thereby discern the magic's intent, as well possible affiliations of the caster.

Mages of the Order of Hermes use a standardized system of mathematics, colors and seals as notation to record the forms of unknown magic. They may then take these notes to Masters of the Order who then decode the basic form and intent of a particular weaving. The mage may then allow the patterns of familiar rotes — or unknown spells that bear the seal of a friend or ally — to pass by unopposed, as the mage knows they are of friendly intent. This forewarning also allows the mage to attempt countermagic if he understands all the Spheres involved...Continuous magic, particularly wards and curses, may also be detected by use of this Effect, although it often requires some knowledge of the appropriate Spheres involved in order to comprehend their nature fully.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri May 29, 2015 6:58 am

Richard, Beatrice nods when you say you need her as backup but that do not remove the look of terror in her large, brown eyes.
"I...will call for help if it is needed."
The young Vebena said but the tone of her voice when she utter those words are strange, it is one of resignation and fear, as if doing so and calling for help will coast her dearly. The young blood witch looks at Adley again and seams relieved when he say he will report that she did not go into the villa.
"Thank you."
Bee whispered with far more gratitude in her voice than should be there for such an obvious act.
"Thank you."
The blood witch repeated, then she drew a deep breath to steady herself.
"Be careful in there, all of you."
Beatrice said urgently, she obviously did not like the idea of her Cabal going into that house without her, but she non the less retreated to the care and only watched them...and the house with oddly both fearful and longing eyes.

Colin there is little need for spells as the lock is clearly scratched, as if an amateur have messed with the lock without knowing what they are doing, so yes the door is poorly lock picked open and it have not been locked again afterwards, though the door is closed.

Richard, Colin and Bruce as you enter the villa you step into a hallway, to one side is a small door, probably leading to a coat closet, then there is a short stretch of hallway to get to get to another door, along one wall there is a small table with a porcelain vase, nothing really looks amiss in this room, there is a old phone on the wall in the hallway, but it looks like it is from the 1970's, the once gray plastic have turned a unpleasant yellow, who knows if it still works or if it is even connected since no one live here and the only ones who use the house are members of the Chantry that comes to check on the node or to do needed repairs. Colin since you have been here before you know the door in the end of the hallway lead to a inner hall, from that you can either take a set of stairs up to the second floor, or one door to the right to get into the living room, or one to the right to get to the kitchens. It is from the kitchens that you can find the entrance to the cellar that houses the Node. The atmosphere in the hallway is heavy and thick but there is no one here. The place is dark and only illuminated by the headlights of the car and a streetlight some distance away, but there is a light switch on the wall.

Aldey there are patterns there yes, some are known to you from earlier rotes you have observed, others are not. You know from visiting before that there are three wards on the building, one is set there by your mentor and it is intact and clear as day to you, for you the fine, ordered threads of reality flowing with Quintessence are easy to spot, even if you can not understand exactly how it is cast, you can guess at it's purpose, it is ordered, but not ordered and combining that with what you have been told about it you know it is a ward to in effect give the villa Arcane, to keep sleepers who might be intrigued by the empty house, or seek to use it for shelter away, by them just not noticing the building. This ward is fine and working as it should for as far as you can tell.

Other than the ward to keep people away though, things get a bit more worrisome, a second ward should be here, this one more aggressive, meant to harm intruders, it was set there by Amadeus and was meant to harm and eventually kill and intruder if initial pain did not turn them away, you can see some residue, here and there are bits of broken seals and colors floating, the ward had been complex and impressive you can see but it had been ripped apart, and only residue was left there now.

The third ward though was the most worrying. Your mentor had made a contract with a umbrood, a spirit to guard the property, now you can not see spirits, but the rote used for the seal to bind it to the entrance of the villa was shredded just like Amadeus aggressive ward and as you near the disenchanted seal you get a sense of death, as if something you can not see, or touch, or hear met it's end here, it is a feeling of sorrow and loss.

In short, the villa's protective magick had been shredded, there is also another residue here, the leftover of the magick used to attack the wards, you can see colors and patterns indicating Prime and Spirit magick, but they are not right, is is as if this magick did not so much add a change to reality, as if it destroyed to possibility of anything but the desired change happening, as if instead of rewriting the number of reality, all but the numbers desired in this little piece of reality, namely the attacked wards was destroyed.

(OOC: Adley you can give me a intelligence plus occult roll difficulty 9, alternatively if you have Mage Lore you can roll that and intelligence difficulty 7.)

(OOC:: Warp, to cast a spell a mage would then roll his or her arete, the difficulty wary with the highest sphere used and whatever or not the magick is vulgar or not. Generally you describe to me what you want to do and more importantly how you do it by your character's Paradigm, in fact I will use the rule from 2ed that say a storyteller can lower the difficulty of a magick roll by up to 2 depending on how detailed a player describe what his or her character is doing based on that character's Paradigm, and then you make the roll and see if you succeed. You can use Quintessence or tass to lower the difficulty. You can also make a magick roll extended and do it over several turns, many foci require this anyway, to store up successes.)

(OOC: Phone hunters, I will assume that this being 2015 you have cell phones, some might have opted out since the Technocracy have been known to track them, but chances are that at least some of you have a phone, if the reason for the phone hunt was to make a call.)

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Fri May 29, 2015 7:11 am

Richard looks around.. .amidst the decrepitude of the building he looks up.... scanning the ceiling...  "ok. Colin the Guide... where to?"
His breathe deepens again... as his eyes behind his sunglasses cycle through the various light spectrums  ( ooc life + entropy 7-9-8)to see if he can find any trail... ..... to determine the path taken and the weaknesses in the surrounding area apart from the wards  has any other damage been done to the building... perhaps a trap of sorts

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri May 29, 2015 8:37 am

Colin fished out his mobile phone and started looking up Chief Morgan's number.
"Best notify Chief Morgan right away that the villa's been broken into; if there's no dialtone in the landline telephone, that suggests a certain level of mundane thoroughness, adding to the... state of the other security measures here, would you not agree, Adley?"
Briefly putting down his wand to pick up the house phone's receiver and listen for a dial tone, he added, "As I recall, the layout of the house is fairly simple - the inner hall has stairs up and two doors on the right; sitting room and kitchen, the last of which has the entrance to the cellar. I propose we give a cursory examination of both rooms first, then upstairs to check for any hostiles before walking downstairs into a room with only one exit."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri May 29, 2015 8:56 am

Richard well you cast your rote, you can see that the plaster of the roof have been painted over rather than properly repaired and one day that will crack, but no, there do not seam to be any damage to the building itself, it is old, but while it is cosmetically not kept in good repair, it is in no danger to fall down, there are no traps that you can find.

The house phone indeed have no ring tone, it have been disconnected long ago as it was not needed and having it connected would just be one more cost that needed to be covered for little benefit, once it became common to carry cell phones the Chantry probably had the house phone disconnected in the old villa.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri May 29, 2015 8:59 am

Adley's eyes widened as he observed the rents and tears in the fabric had been  smashed through. Not only that but the umbrood protector spirit's sigil was shredded apart and, he felt, not simply banished it but destroyed it as well. Only his mentor's ward remained intact. There was death here...tainted wisps of threads of wounded vis torn throughout the area. If before he had been concerned, now he was truly alarmed - especially as Colin and Richard were moving though the inside. He gripped the disc in his hand tightly as he investigated and then finally brought himself back to awareness of the others speaking.

"Best notify Chief Morgan right away that the villa's been broken into; if there's no dialtone in the landline telephone, that suggests a certain level of mundane thoroughness, adding to the... state of the other security measures here, would you not agree, Adley?"

"Two of the wards were destroyed and I believe the spirit guardian is no more. Whatever has come through here was a very powerful and destructive force, it attacked two of the wards directly, and fragmented them apart but left the veil of arcane intact. That must be why everything -looks- normal," he realised, feeling foolish. "I do not care for the feel of what this attacker has left behind, I can't yet ascribe to it the right word, but the paths employed are not..." He shook his head in a start of frustration. Rare as it was for him to feel the need to admit he couldn't find the right word for something. And yet it was the truth. "I wouldn't advance too quickly - and yes, perhaps it's is a good idea to check in with the Chief - he wanted us to proceed cautiously.' Though of course that wasn't the same as hand-holding. If it were just himself...but Beatrice was in the car and this was much more than they had been expecting. "He may have further instruction. But be aware, the Wards are down - that leaves our security breached, including our cell phones."

Adley fell quiet again as he thought though what might fit such a pattern but he just couldn't...whatever it was, it was -wrong.- He felt again that urgency to drive forward and rout it out. Maybe he could find out more by peering through the veil...the taint of death was strong as was the unfamiliar taint...inevitability? Was that the word? Not quite? - he was going to need more time if he was going to find out more about the taint. If it were the umbrood protector's destruction that had stirred the spirits at the Chantry, then there might be more he could glean if he looked through to the Briatic Plane. It was sure to appear violent, sorrowful and deathly, this was likely enough even given what he'd already discovered.

// OOC: Intelligence + Occult: 4,8,6,3,4 (no success)
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri May 29, 2015 9:11 am

Colin put the silent receiver back down, picked up his wand again, and sighed...
"So, two wards and a guardian spirit torn apart, mundane break-in, and tainted node, that sums it up?"
He pressed the call button on his mobile, and waited for Chief Morgan to answer...
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri May 29, 2015 9:24 am

Many mages who had used their magick to survive long past where a normal man or woman would be bones and dust seamed all but afraid of technology, Jeffry Morgan was not and he quickly answered and Colin could hear his gruff voice.
"Yes, Morgan here."
It was a simple answer, the old Hermetic was not one for long speeches he valued efficiency.

Adley no, you wreck your mind but just do not know what the odd magickal residues are, even more infuriating you know you have heard about something like this, but you just can not put your finger on it. This area is near a node though so peering though the veil should be easier her than most places as consensual reality is just a bit weaker here due to the presence of a nexus of Quintessence.

(In game terms if Adley or anyone else do decide to peer into the Umbra they can do so at two less difficulty, as in the one less difficulty from being near a Node and one more due to reality being weaker here.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri May 29, 2015 9:38 am

"Ah, Chief Morgan... Wainwright here - the villa's been violated; defenses are broken, guardian included, and it seems the node is tainted. We can make an immediate sweep of the place, or wait for reinforcements."
Colin nodded to Adley and Richard.
"Also, front door lock was picked - clumsily but adequately - and the landline is dead, though I don't know if it was supposed to be connected."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri May 29, 2015 12:09 pm

The old Hermetic listened to Colin's words then he sigh, his voice do not change much, but there was a note of concern to his words.
"Slow down Mr Walnwrith, by defenses broken, do you mean the, magickal defenses?"
The Hermetic said lowering his voice, ok he was not as afraid of technology as many of his age, and he did understand that the Union could track phones, but he had a bit of a problem getting that how loud he spoke had little effect if the Technocracy was indeed tapping the call.
"Ehm...yes we disconnected the phone over there years ago as it was no longer needed with everyone having cell phones...but are you telling me that the villa have been broken into? And the guardian Umbrood, you said he is broken, what do you mean, defeated in combat? Usually if someone have broken in I would suspect a newly Awakened one who have been able to see through the wards and have come to the Node by instinct."
The Hermetic said, clearly not getting the seriousness of the situation from Colin's words.
"But if the magickal defenses are breached then that means someone with power, other magi or possibly werewolves who are after the Node, if so, I mean you are Disciples but there are five of you, I do expect your mentors taught you to defend yourself so check the place out, be careful and report back to me."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri May 29, 2015 12:37 pm

"Very good, Sir, and yes, I mean the wards and the guardian spirit seem to be torn apart; I can't say whether by combat or underhanded means. I'll let you know once we have something more tangible."
Colin hung up and put the phone back in his pocket, addressing the group, "We're instructed to investigate, but with caution. Stay alert."
He took the few steps over to the first door and laid his ear against it, listening for movement.

(OOC Per+Awa 2 - 3 - 4 - 4 - 0 to listen through the door to the inner hall.)
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri May 29, 2015 1:03 pm

There was silence on the phone for a few seconds.
"Are you sure?"
Came Jeffry's voice, there was a hint of sadness in it, the old mage deeply respected the spirits he contracted, he did not like to loose one, the old mage was about to say something else when Colin hung up, so instead he got a text message, here though the old Hermetic showed his age as the text was formulated like a letter rather than your usual sms.

"To Mr Mr Walnwrith
Please instruct your Cabal to thread with the uttermost care, if something can destroy a spirit as powerful as my contracted servant, it can do the same to the spiritual parts of a willworker's anatomy, investigate but if the danger is to great, retreat, the Node is of immense value to the Chantry, yours and your fellows lives and spirits are of greater value still.
Regards.
Jeffry Morgan"

Colin can hear nothing behind the first door, somewhere on the first floor there is the sound of water tapping in a metal sink, that seam to be coming from the kitchen, other than that there is no sound that he can hear.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri May 29, 2015 1:28 pm

Colin flicked up his phone, read the message, and nodded.
"Okay, if things get sticky, we run. Now, hug the walls."
Colin swiftly opened the door from the side, after checking the others were clear of the immediate opening, then peered through to scan the room on the other side...
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri May 29, 2015 1:40 pm

(OOC: Warp is it the kitchen or the living room door you enter?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri May 29, 2015 1:46 pm

(OOC: I actually thought the inner hall door... but if a choice between the kitchen and living room, I understood it as the first door was the living room, and the kitchen was second, so, it's the living room I'm peeking into. Not physically entering - Colin's got SOME military training, but not the "rush in guns blazing" sort; survey first, THEN enter, you know.)
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top