Sphere ratings and editions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sphere ratings and editions

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:28 pm

Ok I had forgotten that there are some difference between editions when it comes to Sphere ratings, now as I have not gotten there yet in M20 due to not having an ebook reader and reading on a PC screen takes time, I have made decision on how to do it, unless someone object, just the version of what the different Sphere ratings do, they are mostly the same between editions but not completely, that best suit your Character's Paradigm, the differences is small but that way you can represent that Spheres actually are just a ranking system and that things are very individual between Paradigms. I am most used to using 2 edition myself as that have always been my go to edition, but yes I am not set on editions as the Sphere system is rather fluid and Paradigm matters more than Sphere rating so some differences here and there do not matter, and if you do not have all four editions, just use the rating system of the edition you have.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sphere ratings and editions

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:20 am

I'm using M20 - it really is easier reading it on a PDF viewer than a computer screen I agree.

The magickal charts starting on 502 are really helpful for determining a variety of scenarios. But the differences that I read seem to clarify the differences between rank 2 & 3 - where 2 is leveled at 'manipulation' and 3 is 'control' - page 512 & on go into what that looks like for the spheres. I thought it was helpful personally since I've played both 2 and Revised games and it helps keep it clear for me as to what I can do with each rank.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sphere ratings and editions

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:02 am

Yeah I am finding allot I like in M20, reading the book on a screen though makes it go very slowly, I can not really read much more than a page or two at the time before getting tired of it. I know it is about time to invest in a E reader, I just hate digital books so I have never bothered. I have started to look at the Sphere information now though and it do indeed look interesting and quite useful.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top