Experience points

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Experience points

Post by Ashan101 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:24 pm

I was just wondering if and when we get experience. How do YOU incorporate the PC's Spending xps... is it done by you, retro actively... as in.. we get experience, and say it was used to help us study.......awareness as an example... we had been practicing that or do you award experience for use on skilkls we have actually used... for example (like you used INT+MEDICINE and NOTHING else) then they xp we would get would only be for in the example case used to further intelligence and medicine(very strict focus but just to give and example). Or some way else?

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Experience points

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:22 am

I was thinking at the end of each segment so probably when this part of the story is done and you return from negotiations. I tend to give out experience but I generally expect that a stat have to either have been used or studied, so for example if a character have not even mentioned cooking at all while experience points are earned then I would prefer if it is not used to raise that stat, but generally use it on anything your character use, even if a roll have not necessarily been made, or something studied, using regular costs for the increase in stats. I tend to not be to strict about it as long as it makes some sense storywise.

For example Beatrice is drawing and paining allot, so while she have not made any rolls on it, she do doodle when she is board and she do draw elegant symbols for her rituals so increasing expression is fine, but she have not even gone close to a gun so it would be odd if she would suddenly learn firearms.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:58 am

THANKS Very Happy

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:17 am

No problem. Very Happy
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:47 am

Question - in order to raise sphere level for Adley, aside from spending the correct XP and having used the sphere, should I wait until the characters are in downtime (after this story arc) in order to make the transition, given he's just gone up in Arete? With skills and knowledge, the above is pretty intuitive but less so for magick, which might mean more study time to back up his field knowledge. Thanks!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:39 am

No if it is a Sphere he have used quite a bit I would just include it IC as a sudden realization. Do what you feel is best for your character, but as long as he have used the Sphere and there is some logic to him getting better at it, I will allow it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:44 pm

Thanks!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:26 pm