The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Warpmind on Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:09 pm

--- Morgan's office ---
Colin looked thoughtful for a moment. "I would presume that was a given, Sir - a promise given is not a thing to be taken lightly. Agent Kessinger might not remember, but I certainly shall. I will do what I can to ease the boy's death after... well, you know that part better than I hopefully ever will. I am prepared to once more bloody my hands, however... if you believe there are exceedingly good reasons for me to not go to Horizon, there is an alternative within the, hm, exact phrasing of my promise. As I recall, my exact words were that I would not stand idly by and let him suffer needlessly, and that I could offer some dignity in his passing. In the spirit of the promise, I certainly should be the one to perform the... deed; however, while keeping within the letter of the promise, I do believe I can, hm, outsource the task in itself to someone whose word I can trust."
He shook his head lightly, "In short, Sir, I would prefer to be the one sent to... see the task through, but if that is not viable, I am prepared to take your word for his receiving a painless, peaceful end."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:18 pm

Patrick looks up at you and nods. "Thank you..."

Jeffry Morgan walks towards the door. "Let us go, after your meeting, if there is time before I have to go on my errand, I would like to see you in my office."

Adley did not look like he wanted to be thanked, if the boy was speaking to him. He stood silently with a grave expression on his face and then turned and followed his mentor towards the door. When he was outside he said to his father, "I will come by when it is completed," he agreed. His voice sounded tight, like an overtaut drum. When he got upstairs he nodded to his father, following him back to the office to take the books and then broke away to go back to his room in near silence. He did not have a great deal of time, but what time he did have he would need to deal with everything they had just learned.

He sends a follow up text to Beatrice regarding the meeting: understood - did you contact T.? To Richard he texts:I have a question for you, when I see you at 9 today. My room.

And later, when Colin leaves he sends him a follow up note as well: meeting at 5pm - stop by before then w/ B.? Must also talk to you re: important matter alone before then

He  checked the time before the cabal meeting and decided it was not enough to do any significant work so he went down to the garage to retrieve his bag and check out the state of his car. He frowned for a moment at the hole in his roof, glad that it was the car and not his head and then realised he would have to get it fixed by someone he trusted to not ask questions. And until then, borrow a bike or take the public transport into work next he went. He looked over at the station wagon and wondered who tended to it and if they might know a good shop. Time for that later, he thought, grabbing his bag and everything else that was in the car and bringing it back to his room. Any remaining time is spent looking over the law books.

(9am, after Colin leaves)
Beatrice: she walks over to Adley's door and lightly tap it, it would be a good thing for the entire Cabal to get together and discuss after all that had happened over the last few days.

Adley opened the door and let her in. He was dressed normally now and he seemed more focused but less at ease than he had earlier, when she lad left. "I should have more chairs," he realised. He was not used to having people in his room. "I hope that no one minds sitting on the floor. You just missed Colin, unfortunately he has to work. We will have to catch up with him later, he offered for us to stop by his shop. Also, there is a meeting today at 5 pm, of which we three will attend. It is in the Council Chambers, a strategy meeting regards your situation with the Primus, my pater and your mentor."

//That sounds like a good idea, get everyone caught up to 5pm!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:05 pm

"I will come by when it is completed," he agreed. His voice sounded tight, like an overtaut drum. When he got upstairs he nodded to his father, following him back to the office to take the books and then broke away to go back to his room in near silence. He did not have a great deal of time, but what time he did have he would need to deal with everything they had just learned.

"Until then mea filius."
Jeffry said as he watched his apprentice take the books and leave, the old mage to did not look pleased, the situation just kept getting more chaotic and problematic the more they learned about it.

He sends a follow up text to Beatrice regarding the meeting: understood - did you contact T.? To Richard he texts:I have a question for you, when I see you at 9 today. My room.

You get a reply back from Beatrice.
"I sent a message to T, I have not gotten a reply back though."

He checked the time before the cabal meeting and decided it was not enough to do any significant work so he went down to the garage to retrieve his bag and check out the state of his car. He frowned for a moment at the hole in his roof, glad that it was the car and not his head and then realised he would have to get it fixed by someone he trusted to not ask questions. And until then, borrow a bike or take the public transport into work next he went. He looked over at the station wagon and wondered who tended to it and if they might know a good shop. Time for that later, he thought, grabbing his bag and everything else that was in the car and bringing it back to his room. Any remaining time is spent looking over the law books.

Your car will run but anyone who see it would be able to guess that there are a bullet hole in it, repairs will get costly.

You only have about 20 minutes to look at the books, not enough time to learn much else than that the books are detailed, well written and that going though them should help give you a pretty good grasp on Tradition law, but off course that will take time.

Adley opened the door and let her in. He was dressed normally now and he seemed more focused but less at ease than he had earlier, when she lad left.

Beatrice smiles to Adley when the Hermetic open his door to let her in, she noticed that her friend looked less at ease and she wondered if something had happened since she had seen him around dawn.
"Hello Adley..."
Beatrice said she held up the pot of fresh tea.
"I made some tea for us, it is probably not up to Colin's standard but I do hope that it will do."

"I should have more chairs," he realised. He was not used to having people in his room. "I hope that no one minds sitting on the floor.

"I do not mind sitting on the floor at all, I could go and fetch chairs from my room though, I mean it is right across the hall, I do not have very many though."
Beatrice suggested.

You just missed Colin, unfortunately he has to work. We will have to catch up with him later, he offered for us to stop by his shop.

Beatrice nodded it was to bad Colin would not be there for the Cabal meeting but she guessed it could not be helped, he did have his shop to tend to and like Adley said they could catch up with him later.

Also, there is a meeting today at 5 pm, of which we three will attend. It is in the Council Chambers, a strategy meeting regards your situation with the Primus, my pater and your mentor."

Beatrice nodded, she shuddered slightly, that was three Deacons in one room to discuss her situation that just went to show how serious it was, but then it also meant she had some very powerful men trying to help her, and she was very grateful for that.
"Thank you, I will be there...I am really creating a hassle for everyone am I not?"
Beatrice said and looked down.
"I do not know if I can ever express how grateful I am for yours and the other's help...it would have been easier for you to just..."
The young Verbena sigh then she tried to lighten the mood a little.
"Our two mentors in a room together, now that will be interesting, they really do not like one another to much do they?"
Beatrice said and glanced up at Adley.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:29 pm

"Hello Adley..."Beatrice said she held up the pot of fresh tea."I made some tea for us, it is probably not up to Colin's standard but I do hope that it will do."

"Thank you Beatrice," he said and went to fetch some cups for them. He would have to try to call Susanna's cabal mate after he met with his pater, he reminded himself, hoping that the man would at least speak to him. There was simply not enough hours in the day and this was before the Nephandi had secured any time mages.

"I do not mind sitting on the floor at all, I could go and fetch chairs from my room though, I mean it is right across the hall, I do not have very many though."

"If you do not mind and the others don't, it will not matter. So we shall wait to see who arrives."

"Thank you, I will be there...I am really creating a hassle for everyone am I not?"
Beatrice said and looked down. "I do not know if I can ever express how grateful I am for yours and the other's help...it would have been easier for you to just..."

"I am not afraid of hard paths, if they are the right ones," he said. He was a Hermetic, nothing came easily.

"Our two mentors in a room together, now that will be interesting, they really do not like one another to much do they?" Beatrice said and glanced up at Adley.

"No, they do not. But they do work together when they must. I hope that your mentor understands that my pater is doing all he can here, as am I, on your behalf. As is the Primus himself. Do you want us to see if we can call a spirit-watcher before the meeting or should we wait for Master Nassa's approval? He will no doubt not like it, not any more than you, but having as clean an alibi for you as possible is important.

"One of the reasons why I wanted us all to be together is to see how we might coordinate and strategize better, pool our resources and see if we can quickly secure anything we might need. There are fights and there are battles and I believe we must be prepared for both. This includes both your personal situation and with the Nephandi as a whole. For myself, a better defense. If I am going to be shot at or have fireballs winged at me after a day of work, then I will have to be better prepared. And in the way of my House, a better defense is also a better offense." He looked at her. "For you, the situation is more complicated. You cannot afford to be around any Nephandi, any suspects, and it is better if you do not go anywhere by yourself. But time is short, we may not be able to get all that we want; but what we need, yes I do hope so."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:18 pm

"Thank you Beatrice," he said and went to fetch some cups for them. He would have to try to call Susanna's cabal mate after he met with his pater, he reminded himself, hoping that the man would at least speak to him. There was simply not enough hours in the day and this was before the Nephandi had secured any time mages.

Beatrice put the pot of tea on the table when Adley fetch cups, she then sat down on the floor cross legged and adjusted her dress, she looked at Adley and noticed that he seamed concerned or perhaps ill at ease, again the young Verbena wondered what had happened this morning if any, or off course it could just be the stress of the situation, between the attack on the Node, the Nephandi and everything else anyone might seam a little less than fresh.

"If you do not mind and the others don't, it will not matter. So we shall wait to see who arrives."

Beatrice smiles a little.
"I often sit on the floor in my own room a well as I ehm...tend to fill up my chairs with books."
The young Verbena said and blushed.
"I am not the best housekeeper. In either case I left a note about which room to go to for Tane when I came here."
She commented.

"I am not afraid of hard paths, if they are the right ones," he said. He was a Hermetic, nothing came easily.

Beatrice glanced at the other mage then she nodded and looked down, she was grateful, more grateful than she could express.
"I wish I could repay you one day."
The young Verbena muttered.

"No, they do not. But they do work together when they must. I hope that your mentor understands that my pater is doing all he can here, as am I, on your behalf. As is the Primus himself. Do you want us to see if we can call a spirit-watcher before the meeting or should we wait for Master Nassa's approval? He will no doubt not like it, not any more than you, but having as clean an alibi for you as possible is important.

"I think he understand it, though it seam to me that in Amadeus mind there is always a Hermetic to blame for everything that go wrong."
Beatrice say and sigh.
"It is not him blaming you or Jeffry I worry about, I do not think he would...harm anyone in the Chantry, I do worry about him trying to seek blood vengeance about D'Angelo though, not so much for her sake, but for his, if he harm the judge he will get arrested for it, and I do not want him to end up hurt in his grief...if things go wrong."
The young Verbena said and it was clear that this worried her a great deal.
"If something happens to me I want him to find a new apprentice and continue with his life, I do not want him to toss his life away on revenge."
Beatrice say and look down.

"I have spoken with my mentor about the Spirit watcher and he have given his permission, or rather said he will not object to my consent, he is not please about it, but I think he understand the reason for it and see how it can help my case."
The young Verbena said.
"Yes I think the best is to ask a spirit for help for as soon as possible."
Beatrice said.
"The less ammunition D'Angelo have the better."

"One of the reasons why I wanted us all to be together is to see how we might coordinate and strategize better, pool our resources and see if we can quickly secure anything we might need. There are fights and there are battles and I believe we must be prepared for both. This includes both your personal situation and with the Nephandi as a whole.

Beatrice nodded.
"Yes if we are going to work together as a unit we should know more about what each can bring to the table."

For myself, a better defense. If I am going to be shot at or have fireballs winged at me after a day of work, then I will have to be better prepared.

"I heard that both you, Colin and Richard had quite the night, I do not know all the details but there are rumors around the Chantry."
Beatrice said.
"Are you all okey?"
She wanted to ask about the details as she felt rather out of the loop, but the most pressing concern was the health and well being of her Cabal.

And in the way of my House, a better defense is also a better offense."

"I guess that for me I am better at offense not that I have had much experience with fights, but I well, my base Paradigm is rather quick, all I really need is to draw blood, and well like my mentor I can manipulate nature which can be rather useful in a fight and off course I can do things with energy. I am a decent healer but my methods tend to be vulgar, I have never been able to do it subtle like Richard can. If we look at mundane skills then well...I can fight with knives...I would not say I am good at it but Amadeus have trained me since I was a child, and when sparring with Ingmar I usually win...I have never actually been in a knife fight though, not a real one, only sparring, I am not sure if I could...hurt someone you know, not like that up close. I have hurt three Technocrats with my magick, and that still bothers me."
Beatrice muttered and looked down again.

He looked at her. "For you, the situation is more complicated. You cannot afford to be around any Nephandi, any suspects, and it is better if you do not go anywhere by yourself. But time is short, we may not be able to get all that we want; but what we need, yes I do hope so."

Beatrice shuddered again.
"I...do not leave the Chantry without Amadeus leave...yes I know I could, I am initiated, but I still follow his rule, and I know that especially now going off on my own are not wise. I do feel rather useless though, like when I heard about what had happened tonight, both with you and with Richard and Colin, and I could not help, it makes me feel yes well...like I said, useless."
The young Verbena said then she nodded when Adley said that time was short fearfully she looked up at him.
"D'Angelo are going to make her move soon is she not?"
Beatrice said in a low, fearful tone of voice.
"We are not talking months or weeks are we? We are talking days?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:01 pm

He poured them each a cup of tea and left some more cups on the table. then offered ione out to her, sitting across from her.

"I often sit on the floor in my own room a well as I ehm...tend to fill up my chairs with books." The young Verbena said and blushed.

He glanced at his desk, which had more books on it than there had been before and then back to her. "I have no idea what you mean," he said, joking. When he had been researching his Word, his entire desk and floor had been covered with books, manuscripts, pamphlets, papers, all sorted into stacks. His computer had been likewise a mass of texts, videos and other media. For now though it appeared mostly restrained as he'd had little time to study.

"I think he understand it, though it seam to me that in Amadeus mind there is always a Hermetic to blame for everything that go wrong."
Beatrice say and sigh. "It is not him blaming you or Jeffry I worry about, I do not think he would...harm anyone in the Chantry, I do worry about him trying to seek blood vengeance about D'Angelo though..."

"It would not go well for him," he said. "It would not help your case, either nor any in the future that might be like yours."

"I have spoken with my mentor about the Spirit watcher and he have given his permission, or rather said he will not object to my consent, he is not please about it, but I think he understand the reason for it and see how it can help my case." The young Verbena said. "Yes I think the best is to ask a spirit for help for as soon as possible."

"Very well, I will be speaking with him after this. Though if no one else shows, there is something I need to do...we shall see how it pans out." He sipped the tea and put the cup down in front of him.

"I heard that both you, Colin and Richard had quite the night, I do not know all the details but there are rumors around the Chantry."
Beatrice said. "Are you all okey?"

"I have yet to hear the extent of what happened last night but we have another prisoner." He frowned. "He was the apprentice to the Technocrat that we brought in earlier, who through foul circumstances and desperation joined the Nephandi. He now regrets that choice," he said with a sigh. "At any rate, it is clear that their threat is growing. They have been watching us and other groups of magii. Like our young prisoner, they may try to leverage those with needs that they think they can exploit in order to grow their ranks. We must mind our words and actions and be ready at any time to protect Steelhaven and our allies."

"I have never actually been in a knife fight though, not a real one, only sparring, I am not sure if I could...hurt someone you know, not like that up close. I have hurt three Technocrats with my magick, and that still bothers me." Beatrice muttered and looked down again.

He nodded.  "Though it would be best if you did not have any contact with them, if something should happen here then it is best to be prepared. I would like to get us some body armor, something to infuse with Prime..." he mused. "If there were time I would try to find someone like Bruce who could work the plates to be stronger."

He picked up the cup again. Worse than that would be seeing familiar faces amongst the converted. If they did not stop them, they would bleed away as a whole in a completely different manner. "I have been trained to use a gun and hand weapons though I could use more skill in hand to hand combat. Not that I want to be that close to a Nephandi," he said. "My pater has also prescribed additional combat magick training so I can be quicker and less reliant on tools," he said, frowning. "I will be starting that tomorrow morning." He didn't like admitting faults but there would be no good coming of hiding it.

"I know that especially now going off on my own are not wise. I do feel rather useless though, like when I heard about what had happened tonight, both with you and with Richard and Colin, and I could not help, it makes me feel yes well...like I said, useless."

He looked thoughtful. "There are ways to help that you may not have considered yet. As I said, if there should be something that happens, we will need someone to help coordinate, to ready areas for healing or the injured, to keep people from panicking. And we need someone watching things here...to make sure that we are safe. Just as you will have a watcher, a pair of eyes on things here when we are in the field is useful. Things are moving quickly."

"D'Angelo are going to make her move soon is she not?" Beatrice said in a low, fearful tone of voice. "We are not talking months or weeks are we? We are talking days?"

'I cannot say for sure as the progression is not set in stone but she is trying to move quickly. I am sure we will all be considering this when we speak tonight on how to layer our strategies to slow her down and hopefully stop her."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:44 pm

He glanced at his desk, which had more books on it than there had been before and then back to her. "I have no idea what you mean," he said, joking. When he had been researching his Word, his entire desk and floor had been covered with books, manuscripts, pamphlets, papers, all sorted into stacks. His computer had been likewise a mass of texts, videos and other media. For now though it appeared mostly restrained as he'd had little time to study.

Beatrice grinned, she accepted the cup of tea and took a sip.
"Perhaps mages are just naturally bad housekeepers."
She joked.
"But then I have order in my stacks of books...it just would not appear so for anyone else looking at my living room, but there is an order there, I am telling you..."
The young Verbena gave a short laugh, it felt good to well smile over something, there had not been that many opportunities for that these last few days.

"It would not go well for him," he said. "It would not help your case, either nor any in the future that might be like yours."

Beatrice sigh she looks down at the floor.
"I know...I know but I do not know how to convince him of that, or perhaps he knows but just do not care, Amadeus is old school, if someone touch him or his he will seek vengeance over his own life. Perhaps...if I stayed alive if...things did not go well...if I where alive perhaps he would not go and do something like that."
The young Verbena said but she sounded doubtful.

"Very well, I will be speaking with him after this. Though if no one else shows, there is something I need to do...we shall see how it pans out." He sipped the tea and put the cup down in front of him.

Beatrice nodded.
"There is never enough time is there? Well I have not gotten a reply from Tane, it might be that finding another time for this meeting might be better, I mean we have to eat, we could meet over dinner, believe it or not I can cook."
The young Verbena said with a slight smile but she wondered what Adley had to do that where so urgent, she did not ask though, the Hermetic would tell her if he wanted her to know.
"If you have things you need to do, then we can always meet later today?"

"I have yet to hear the extent of what happened last night but we have another prisoner." He frowned. "He was the apprentice to the Technocrat that we brought in earlier, who through foul circumstances and desperation joined the Nephandi. He now regrets that choice," he said with a sigh. "At any rate, it is clear that their threat is growing. They have been watching us and other groups of magii. Like our young prisoner, they may try to leverage those with needs that they think they can exploit in order to grow their ranks. We must mind our words and actions and be ready at any time to protect Steelhaven and our allies."

Beatrice looked rather uneasy.
"There is a Nephandus in our basement."
The young Verbena muttered wide eyed.
"Poor man..."
The young Verbena muttered she knew what fate availed a Nephandi prisoner and she shuddered, well perhaps if he was not Fallen he would just be executed, not all Infernalists went to the Cauls or so she heard, but for those that where, there could really be one outcome.
"I hate this...I hate that the Nephandi is setting up shop in Boston, the Technocracy was bad enough."
Beatrice exclaims.
"But yes I will do what I can to help protect this Chantry, it is my home, the mages here are my family."
The Verbena mutters, though she was worried, it was almost as if Adley said they could not trust anyone.
"Surly none we know would sell themselves to the Nephandi?"
The young Verbena said in a hopeful tone of voice, but she knew it could happen, hell she had sold herself to the dark lords of the Nephandi in another life, everyone had a weakness, a grief or a deep seated desire that the Fallen could exploit, they just needed to find it.

He nodded.  "Though it would be best if you did not have any contact with them, if something should happen here then it is best to be prepared. I would like to get us some body armor, something to infuse with Prime..." he mused. "If there were time I would try to find someone like Bruce who could work the plates to be stronger."

"We can always hope Bruce will emerge from his Seeking quickly, I mean it can take hours, or well any amount of time."
Beatrice said, a Seeking took the time it took there where no rushing it.
"I do not know much about body armor though and I have never been that good at putting magick into dead things, so I am not sure how much help I can be in that regard."

"I have been trained to use a gun and hand weapons though I could use more skill in hand to hand combat. Not that I want to be that close to a Nephandi," he said. "My pater has also prescribed additional combat magick training so I can be quicker and less reliant on tools," he said, frowning. "I will be starting that tomorrow morning." He didn't like admitting faults but there would be no good coming of hiding it.

"Well I, Adjan and Ingmar train with knives in one of the unused apartments a few times a week, you are welcome to come along if you want."
Beatrice offered.
"Amadeus also give me private lessons so I can ask him to help out when it comes to close combat. It is how we Verbenal duel one another, any member of my Tradition who want to get somewhere politically need to know how to hold his or her own in a knife fight."
The young Verbena said and sipped her tea.
"I have never even held a gun though."
Beatrice could see that Adley did not seam to pleased about needing extra training in combat magick so she said nothing about it, she only nodded and drank some more of her tea.

He looked thoughtful. "There are ways to help that you may not have considered yet. As I said, if there should be something that happens, we will need someone to help coordinate, to ready areas for healing or the injured, to keep people from panicking. And we need someone watching things here...to make sure that we are safe. Just as you will have a watcher, a pair of eyes on things here when we are in the field is useful. Things are moving quickly."

Beatrice brightened a little, perhaps there where some things she could do to be useful to her friends after all.
"Base support eh?"
The young Verbena commented.
"I can do that, I mean, whatever I actually can do, I will, I do not want to only be a burden to everyone around me."

'I cannot say for sure as the progression is not set in stone but she is trying to move quickly. I am sure we will all be considering this when we speak tonight on how to layer our strategies to slow her down and hopefully stop her."

Beatrice shivered all could do now was hope, hope that Adley and her other allies could find a way to stop D'Angelo.
"Why do she hate me that much?I mean I understand those that think the Council was wrong in sparing me, perhaps they where, but with that judge, it seamed personal in a way, she looked at me as if I where the most disgusting thing she had ever seen, and yet I have never laid eyes on her, so why do she do all this to me, why can she not just leave me alone?"
The young Verbena whispered, fear and anger in her voice.
"I just want to live in peace."

(OOC: Warp I missed your post, blame it on trying to do to many things at once. I am working on a reply to you now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:59 pm

Jeffry Morgan's office afternoon:

Colin looked thoughtful for a moment. "I would presume that was a given, Sir - a promise given is not a thing to be taken lightly. Agent Kessinger might not remember, but I certainly shall. I will do what I can to ease the boy's death after... well, you know that part better than I hopefully ever will.

Jeffry looked rather grim but he nodded.
"It is important to keep ones word yes Mr Wainwright, that is why I am offering to help you get to Horizon to keep yours."
The old mage said then he nods.
"And yes I do think I know more of what that boy have in store for him than I hope you ever will."
The old Hermetic looked somewhat uneasy for a moment.

I am prepared to once more bloody my hands, however... if you believe there are exceedingly good reasons for me to not go to Horizon, there is an alternative within the, hm, exact phrasing of my promise. As I recall, my exact words were that I would not stand idly by and let him suffer needlessly, and that I could offer some dignity in his passing. In the spirit of the promise, I certainly should be the one to perform the... deed; however, while keeping within the letter of the promise, I do believe I can, hm, outsource the task in itself to someone whose word I can trust."
He shook his head lightly, "In short, Sir, I would prefer to be the one sent to... see the task through, but if that is not viable, I am prepared to take your word for his receiving a painless, peaceful end."

"Horizon is not a safe place for an Orphan Mr Wainwright, there are widespread discrimination against those who do not belong to a Tradition, I would need to send you there with an escort to keep you safe, this would cost, I do not presume you can travel the roads of the Umbra alone and travel by ship for a whole party are expensive."
The old mage said rather bluntly then he gave the Orphan a serious look.
"What generally happen after a Gilgul is that someone who know how to manipulate forces and elements stand ready and unless the convicted mage have asked for a particular death or have said they wish to live, then an effect will be woven the minute the rite is done, this effect rip the convicted's body apart into nothing so quickly there are no time to feel pain, it is the standard method of execution within the Traditions, I...have done this rote, killed a convicted prisoner in such a way it is painless and far quicker than anything you can do by hand."
Jeffry said, his face betraying no emotion.
"Some off course prefer the comfort of a human touch, even if that touch bring death and are willing to suffer a small, flash of pain to not have to die alone, ripped apart by some unseen force."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:48 pm

--- Morgan's office ---
Colin nodded. "And seeing as the boy in question - young Mr. Dale - is a Nephandus, summary execution is pretty much inevitable in any case, is it not? I'll defer to your judgment in this case, whether I should attend as executioner, or allow another to do the task. Either way, the letter of my promise will be fulfilled - he won't suffer needlessly - if perhaps not entirely in spirit. And in either case, I'll have something of a bitter aftertaste for it - probably more in the latter."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:00 pm

Jeffry sigh and looks at Colin.
"Execution after Gilgul are given as a mercy Mr Wainwright as it is considered to cruel to let a mage that have lost their magick live. Most likely Mr Dale will be sentenced to die in addition to Gilgul but since his actions have not been directed at the Traditions I do assume that if he where to ask to be allowed to live he would, but it would be a disservice to him, we where not meant to live without our magick Mr Wainwright, the best thing for the young prisoner would be to die once his punishment is complete."
The old Mage said his voice gruff.
"In either case his execution would be done as painlessly as possible, so if that guarantee are good enough for you then I would recommend that you stay away from Horizon, but this time it is up to you and what you feel you need to do to preserve your honor and keep your word."
Jeffry said and leaned back in his chair.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:31 pm

--- Morgan's office ---
Colin pinched the bridge of his nose. "Even Nephandi are offered to live... In that case, I must go, to see for myself that he does not suffer needlessly; if he wishes to live, I won't fight him - he's got every bit of right to cling on - nut should that be the case, I can't have him abandoned to his own devices. I've seen that happen to too many of my... peers in this country to allow that to a poor, frightened boy. Make the arrangements, Sir, if you please. The Chantry will have compensation in due time, through labour or money, whichever is more convenient."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:45 pm

"We will not know before we have the results of his trial, some are sentenced to Gilgul and death, and this boy may very well be, in which case he will be killed after the rite...however if it i only the former, then he may choose to live, very few choose to live after something like that though and fewer still survive very long."
Jeffry said his face unreadable but then a Colin talked about not abandoning the Fallen boy if he choose to live he raised an eyebrow.
"While I admire your compassion Mr Wainwright, taking care of someone who have been through...that...would not be easy."
The old mage said then he sigh.
"Well we will have to see what the outcome of his trial are and if he is not sentenced to death what his wishes are. I will make the arrangements then and accept your repayment to the Chantry over time."
Jeffry Morgan said and made a note of it in his day planner.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:16 pm

"Perhaps mages are just naturally bad housekeepers." She joked.

"I am perfectly adequate," he said. He did prefer a clean workspace and apartment but to be fair it was easier for he simply just did not own a plethora of things.

Perhaps...if I stayed alive if...things did not go well...if I where alive perhaps he would not go and do something like that."
The young Verbena said but she sounded doubtful.

"Perhaps."

"There is never enough time is there? Well I have not gotten a reply from Tane, it might be that finding another time for this meeting might be better, I mean we have to eat, we could meet over dinner, believe it or not I can cook."

"Richard may be at work or recovering from whatever happened last night. Let's say for dinner as a backup, though I am willing to wait a bit longer."

"I hate this...I hate that the Nephandi is setting up shop in Boston, the Technocracy was bad enough." Beatrice exclaims.

"Indeed. It is bad news but we will defend our people and seek to remove their foothold."

"Surly none we know would sell themselves to the Nephandi?"

"I have not told you about this so that we breed paranoia amongst ourselves, only for us to understand some of the mechanisms by which they work so that we can see it and be prepared. I believe in the people here in our Chantry, I think we are strong in ways that even Lux Iternis, locked away and guarded as it is, is not. At the same time, we need to be aware of how the Nepandi have managed to get as far as they have," he explained. "The other side of it is that if we cast doubts on all, then we no longer can stand together and that too will only serve their purpose. It is a narrow middle ground that we will need to tread," he explained.

"We can always hope Bruce will emerge from his Seeking quickly, I mean it can take hours, or well any amount of time." Beatrice said, a Seeking took the time it took there where no rushing it. "I do not know much about body armor though and I have never been that good at putting magick into dead things, so I am not sure how much help I can be in that regard."

"I do not know ars materia either but I can enhance certain things with Prime to a smaller extent. It would be good for us each to have something, even mundane for those who would be put in direct threat." He looked thoughtful. "Do you happen to know who works on the station wagon by any chance?"

"Well I, Adjan and Ingmar train with knives in one of the unused apartments a few times a week, you are welcome to come along if you want." Beatrice offered.

"If you would ask them if it is acceptable I will see if I can find the time."

It is how we Verbena duel one another, any member of my Tradition who want to get somewhere politically need to know how to hold his or her own in a knife fight." The young Verbena said and sipped her tea. "I have never even held a gun though."

"It would be useful if you at least knew the basics of safety and handling them. Not every fight is with fireballs and knives. The unfortunate truth is that a bullet is still a very effective means of killing a mage and one that the Technocracy generally prefers, being coincidental." He frowned, looking at Beatrice. It is clear he is thinking of the previous evening and how he'd nearly died.

"Base support eh?" The young Verbena commented. "I can do that, I mean, whatever I actually can do, I will, I do not want to only be a burden to everyone around me."

He nodded to her. "Yes, exactly. If it is one thing that I have learned, is that I cannot be everywhere I would like to be nor have infinite time to make decisions. I will need help from you, Colin and the others with whatever tasks might come our way under the direction of the Security Chief and to further your own case at the same time.

"Why do she hate me that much?I mean I understand those that think the Council was wrong in sparing me, perhaps they where, but with that judge, it seamed personal in a way...

He frowned slightly. "I believe this topic will come up again tonight. For the moment, consider what you said earlier about your mentor," he said in a circumspect tone.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:31 am

"Richard may be at work or recovering from whatever happened last night. Let's say for dinner as a backup, though I am willing to wait a bit longer."

Beatrice nodded she sipped her tea.
"You are probably right, I asked around to hear if Richard was hurt, he was not but Freddy and Antonio where, though the way understood it, they where not badly wounded."
The young Verbena said, she was glad to be able to talk with Adley a bit longer anyway so she did not mind waiting, she would like to speak with Richard though, she was worried about him after last night and wanted to make sure he was alright.

"Indeed. It is bad news but we will defend our people and seek to remove their foothold."

"Yes we will."
Beatrice agreed, she would not let anyone, Nephandi, Technocracy or anything else be allowed to harm any of her Cabal or anyone else at the Chantry if she could do anything to stop it, not that it was that much she could do, but she would try.

"I have not told you about this so that we breed paranoia amongst ourselves, only for us to understand some of the mechanisms by which they work so that we can see it and be prepared. I believe in the people here in our Chantry, I think we are strong in ways that even Lux Iternis, locked away and guarded as it is, is not. At the same time, we need to be aware of how the Nepandi have managed to get as far as they have," he explained. "The other side of it is that if we cast doubts on all, then we no longer can stand together and that too will only serve their purpose. It is a narrow middle ground that we will need to tread," he explained.

"I understand that, if we begin to look at one another funny then we loose our unity, and that is what keep this Chantry going, I mean I know most of the other mages here well...ok there are some that keep to themselves, Master O'Connor for example..."
Beatrice said and mentioned the elusive fifth and final member of the Deacon Council, the shy Mara O'Connor a Hermetic of House Merinita.
"I hardly ever see her, or our alchemist Master Darrian who generally stay in his lab, but most of them I know, and it is the same for everyone else if there start to float suspicions around, then that would weaken us."
The young Verbena said and sigh.
"I agree a very narrow path to navigate indeed."
Beatrice sigh and looks into her teacup before drinking a bit more of it.
"I assume that when suspicions start flying then I will be the first on the list, it would not take that much for it to get out what I am."
The young Verbena said and her concerns where legitimate, if there where suspicions of Nephandi in the Chantry then a widderslainte would be the first anyone would start pointing fingers at.

"I do not know ars materia either but I can enhance certain things with Prime to a smaller extent. It would be good for us each to have something, even mundane for those who would be put in direct threat." He looked thoughtful. "Do you happen to know who works on the station wagon by any chance?"

"Yeah it would be very useful."
Beatrice agreed and nodded.
"As for the car...yeah there are a Sons of Ether mechanic over at Riverside Lars something...ehm Bridge, yeah that is is name Lars Bridge, he takes car of the Chantry's cars when they need it without asking questions and will even use magick to better preserve them and subtly have them working better for a small charge. I have met him a few times, he is a nice guy, a bit odd, but nice.""
The young Verbena explained.
"I think it is usually Mr Darehill that contact him when we need his services, they where in a Cabal together a while back or so before they joined different Chantries, the way I understand it."

"If you would ask them if it is acceptable I will see if I can find the time."

"I will ask them, I am sure it will be perfectly fine for them though."
Beatrice said with a smile before she finished her cup of tea and sat the empty cup on the table.

"It would be useful if you at least knew the basics of safety and handling them. Not every fight is with fireballs and knives. The unfortunate truth is that a bullet is still a very effective means of killing a mage and one that the Technocracy generally prefers, being coincidental." He frowned, looking at Beatrice. It is clear he is thinking of the previous evening and how he'd nearly died.

Beatrice hesitates then she very gently put her hand on Adley's, she do not say anything for a while she just sit there, she did not know how affected he was about his close call, but she still wanted to offer her support in any way she could, and besides, it would have been devastating to loose a member of her Cabal. Finally after a while the young Verbena nods and speaks.
"Yes a bullet kill a mage just as easily as anyone else. If you wish I will set aside time to learn to handle a weapon."
Beatrice agreed, firearms did not interest her, but she had to admit to their effectiveness, there where no doubt about that, so if her friend wanted her to learn she would. Slowly she moved her hand from his and sat back again.

He nodded to her. "Yes, exactly. If it is one thing that I have learned, is that I cannot be everywhere I would like to be nor have infinite time to make decisions. I will need help from you, Colin and the others with whatever tasks might come our way under the direction of the Security Chief and to further your own case at the same time.

"I will do what I can."
Beatrice said and smiles.
"I just wish I could do more."

He frowned slightly. "I believe this topic will come up again tonight. For the moment, consider what you said earlier about your mentor," he said in a circumspect tone.

Ah so D'Angelo had lost someone to the Nephandi, that would explain her hatred then. Beatrice sigh sadly.
"Vengeance breeds more vengeance."
The young blood witch muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq on Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:33 am

Bianca looks between Coawa and Ryan and chuckles. "Let's keep it friendly, gentlemen." she says and turns to Ryan. "The impression I had is you went into the caul because Lisa had a dagger on Rosa's throat, you didn't look too help about going there. So I think if Rosa is fine, so are you." she says and smiles reassuringly at him.
Jaq
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:26 am

Beatrice nodded she sipped her tea. "You are probably right, I asked around to hear if Richard was hurt, he was not but Freddy and Antonio where, though the way understood it, they where not badly wounded."

He frowned a little at that news. "I am glad to hear they were not badly harmed. I hope they recover quickly, we can't afford to spare anyone I don't think. Not now."

if there start to float suspicions around, then that would weaken us." The young Verbena said and sigh."I agree a very narrow path to navigate indeed."

'Yes," he said, glad she understood.

"I assume that when suspicions start flying then I will be the first on the list, it would not take that much for it to get out what I am."
The young Verbena said and her concerns where legitimate, if there where suspicions of Nephandi in the Chantry then a widderslainte would be the first anyone would start pointing fingers at.

"It is a concern. Hence a greater need for the watcher-spirit, for being with others to secure a solid alibi, for keeping the judge out of here. The shame of it is that is, aside from the press of difficulties it adds to your case and much unneeded stress, while you may be under suspicion, the true exploit could remain unobserved. That is why when eyes are on you I need you to remember the context of the larger issue. For you know your behaviours and what you have and have not done best Beatrice. Though suspicions may begin to fly, you still will be our home base, have the opportunity to protect them even in the face of it as best you can for as long as you can. Do you understand what I'm asking?"

"...there are a Sons of Ether mechanic over at Riverside Lars something...ehm Bridge, yeah that is is name Lars Bridge...I think it is usually Mr Darehill that contact him when we need his services, they where in a Cabal together a while back or so before they joined different Chantries, the way I understand it."

"Thank you."

"I will ask them, I am sure it will be perfectly fine for them though." Beatrice said with a smile before she finished her cup of tea and sat the empty cup on the table.
"I am not sure what to make of that smile, Beatrice. It is as if you anticipate they will enjoy trying to take a stab at me," he said, sounding amused. He was joking to an extent.

"Yes a bullet kill a mage just as easily as anyone else. If you wish I will set aside time to learn to handle a weapon."

He sat very still as she touched him and waited until she moved her hand before he spoke. He was not comfortable with being randomly touched but understood she was trying to make him feel better. At least, that is what he thought. "It is not perhaps the most time-critical thing on the endless list of things we need to do."

"Vengeance breeds more vengeance. "The young blood witch muttered.

He was quiet for a moment, finishing his tea. "As you probably are aware, my brother, my pater's last student, was killed by the Technocracy. He was only a teenager. There are few of us left of the lineage and it has done nothing to improve our opinion of them. Yet I was spared last night by one. Not that it stops the war, of course or redraws any battle lines. But...I can't help but consider the reason for it. Aside from what she told me, there is also the realisation it would only have been doing the Nephandi a favour to get rid of me. Much as I can understand the desire for vengeance...it must be aimed appropriately or it is wasted. Perhaps it is even a weakness of the most cunning type, the type that might be mistaken by the Self and others as strength." He fell quiet from his speculation and glanced at the clock. "It appears we shall be seeing one another over dinner...after our meeting tonight."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:41 am

--- Morgan's Office ---
Colin fished out his own phone to make a note of the impending debt, and frowned. "Oh, dear, I've missed a message from... Adley... Oh, bugger. Excuse me..."
He quickly tapped out a reply to Adley, "Terribly sorry; didn't see message before just now. Already at Morgan's office."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:12 am

Bianca, Tane and Colin airport:

Ryan looks at Bianca then he nods.
"That part of your vision is what worry me."
He said as the group begun to walk.
"It could happen, that is the horror of the Nephandi, you have to join them of your own free will, you have to damn your own soul, but they can coerce you with your loved ones for example and while I would never join them to save my own life...for the life of my apprentice...that is why I have asked Colin here to keep an eye on me until we find Rosa, to make sure that if that bitch get her, I can not go and make your vision come true."
Your group walk to the first perfumery, it is a large, smelly pace where so many cents mix together that it is sickening, Rosa do not appear to be there though, so your group continue to the next one.

(Could I have a simple perception plus alertness roll from all three of you as you walk from perfumery to perfumery looking for Rosa, I will roll for Coawa and Ryan.)

Adley:

He frowned a little at that news. "I am glad to hear they were not badly harmed. I hope they recover quickly, we can't afford to spare anyone I don't think. Not now."

Beatrice nods she agreed, it was never a good thing to hear that allies where harmed, but right now having one less mage to defend the Chantry just would not do.
"I saw Antonio in the hallways today, he looked fine, I have not seen Freddy though."
The young Verbena said in a concerned tone of voice.

"It is a concern. Hence a greater need for the watcher-spirit, for being with others to secure a solid alibi, for keeping the judge out of here. The shame of it is that is, aside from the press of difficulties it adds to your case and much unneeded stress, while you may be under suspicion, the true exploit could remain unobserved. That is why when eyes are on you I need you to remember the context of the larger issue. For you know your behaviours and what you have and have not done best Beatrice. Though suspicions may begin to fly, you still will be our home base, have the opportunity to protect them even in the face of it as best you can for as long as you can. Do you understand what I'm asking?"

"I think so, you are asking me to watch the others and see if I find anyone who is actually working with the enemy while everyone else is busy pointing fingers at me."
Beatrice said, she looked down, it was not an easy thing the Hermetic asked her to do.
"That would not be easy...I...would try to do as you ask though."

"I am not sure what to make of that smile, Beatrice. It is as if you anticipate they will enjoy trying to take a stab at me," he said, sounding amused. He was joking to an extent.

Beatrice gave a laugh, there was a hint of her usual humor in her eyes.
"Now now who would ever presume Ingmar Rush with his sparking personality would ever want to take a stab at anyone, no no far from it, I am just staying that being in a room with a grumpy Verbena, an Euthanatoi and a widderslainte all armed with knives would be fun."
The young blood witch said, it was the first time she had been able to joke about her condition, it felt good to be able to laugh about it for once, it was no laughing matter, but a bit of dark humor made the knowledge of what she was a little easier to bare, if only for a few moments.

He sat very still as she touched him and waited until she moved her hand before he spoke. He was not comfortable with being randomly touched but understood she was trying to make him feel better. At least, that is what he thought. "It is not perhaps the most time-critical thing on the endless list of things we need to do."

The young Verbena looked up at Adley, she could see he was not comfortable with her touch even if she had meant to be comforting, so she withdrew her hand and wondered if she should apologize, instead though she simply sigh and mutters.
"That list seam to be only growing dos it not?"
Yeah that list of things to do, that needed to be done just piled up.
"When we get the time then."
Beatrice said about learning to use a firearm, she looked down at her own hand she still wondered if she should apologize for touching Adley's hand when he clearly did not like it, but she let the matter drop.

He was quiet for a moment, finishing his tea. "As you probably are aware, my brother, my pater's last student, was killed by the Technocracy. He was only a teenager. There are few of us left of the lineage and it has done nothing to improve our opinion of them.

"I remember."
Beatrice said sadly, she had only been at Steelhaven for a year when the young Hermetic had lost his life, they had brought his bloody body into the common room while someone yelled for her Mentor, mundane healing was fine, but wounds such as the ones inflicted on the young boy, if anyone would have had to chance to save him it would be Amadeus Nassa, and the old Verbena had tried, he had tried with all of his might, but the boy had been dead before he was even brought into the Chantry, and not even the great Master blood witch could heal the dead.
"It was a tragedy, he was so young."
The young Verbena mutters.

Yet I was spared last night by one. Not that it stops the war, of course or redraws any battle lines. But...I can't help but consider the reason for it. Aside from what she told me, there is also the realisation it would only have been doing the Nephandi a favour to get rid of me. Much as I can understand the desire for vengeance...it must be aimed appropriately or it is wasted. Perhaps it is even a weakness of the most cunning type, the type that might be mistaken by the Self and others as strength."

Beatrice nodded, she did not know what to say so she was quiet while the other mage spoke, she understood the need for vengeance, if anything happened to a member of her Cabal, or her mentor or sister, or her mundane mother, she would feel it to, but like Adley said, unless it was properly directed it was just wasted and just bred more hate, pain and more desire for vengeance.

He fell quiet from his speculation and glanced at the clock. "It appears we shall be seeing one another over dinner...after our meeting tonight."

Beatrice nodded she slowly got to her feet.
"My room then? If I tidy up a bit, with the sofa I have room around the living room table for everyone."
The Verbena suggested.

(Somewhat before 5 in the afternoon you get a text message from Colin)

Colin Morgan's office:

The old mage looks at your phone and only shakes his head.
"Ghastly devices, useful yes, but ghastly, what is wrong with telepathy these days, when I was a young mage..."
The old Hermetic muttered.
"Well then Mr Wainwright it is not to long to the planned meeting I am sure you are informed about, is there anything else on your mind that I might help you with before then?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:27 am

Hi all. Let's go to the perfume shop, then. Said Tane.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:38 am

"I think so, you are asking me to watch the others and see if I find anyone who is actually working with the enemy while everyone else is busy pointing fingers at me...That would not be easy...I...would try to do as you ask though."

"Again, not so much that I think that any of us have been compromised, or will be, just that when everyone is focused on the same thing, other things may be missed and you will be the one that might discern things the best, due to your vantage point. I know it's a hard thing to ask and I do hope it does not come to that, that there will be fingers pointed at all. I am just concerned that while everyone is pointing at the door the enemy will sneak in through a window, for use of a metaphor," he explained. "I don't want you to think I'm setting you to some task of spying on our own because that is not my intent. And I do appreciate there are many factors at work here and that I have done a certain amount of finger pointing myself. Only louder." It was probably as close to an apology as he was likely to give for how outraged he'd been when he found out, as to a certain extent it had been understandable and not all of it aimed at her.

Now now who would ever presume Ingmar Rush with his sparking personality would ever want to take a stab at anyone, no no far from it, I am just staying that being in a room with a grumpy Verbena, an Euthanatoi and a widderslainte all armed with knives would be fun."

He gave a short laugh, a wry-looking smile appearing on his face. "You know, I think it might be entirely cathartic to have an honest fight with tangible result. At least some of you should be able to heal me when the 'papercuts' arise."

"It was a tragedy, he was so young."

He nodded; he'd promised his mentor that he would find a new apprentice for him and that he would do. It would be good for them both, even in this dark time. He wondered who he might find, what they would be like. It was almost like trying to find himself an apprentice, though that was years from now; no, perhaps harder, someone for his pater. For all that he knew the man, he did not know him as well as he did himself.

Beatrice nodded she slowly got to her feet. "My room then? If I tidy up a bit, with the sofa I have room around the living room table for everyone."

"Yes, if you don't mind. Could you send the message after our meeting tonight?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:01 am

"Again, not so much that I think that any of us have been compromised, or will be, just that when everyone is focused on the same thing, other things may be missed and you will be the one that might discern things the best, due to your vantage point. I know it's a hard thing to ask and I do hope it does not come to that, that there will be fingers pointed at all. I am just concerned that while everyone is pointing at the door the enemy will sneak in through a window, for use of a metaphor,"

"I understand that, and if it come to that I will do my best."
Beatrice said, she was rather uneasy about the situation but she understood the need and would do what she could, or at least she would try.

he explained. "I don't want you to think I'm setting you to some task of spying on our own because that is not my intent.

Beatrice nodded.
"I understand that."
She muttered.

And I do appreciate there are many factors at work here and that I have done a certain amount of finger pointing myself. Only louder." It was probably as close to an apology as he was likely to give for how outraged he'd been when he found out, as to a certain extent it had been understandable and not all of it aimed at her.

The young Verbena nodded, Adley's outrage at her a few days ago had been painful, she had feared she would be abandoned by all that she loved, but she understood his reaction and had already said she did not blame him so she just accepted his words gracefully and muttered.
"That was understandable and it is in the past."

He gave a short laugh, a wry-looking smile appearing on his face. "You know, I think it might be entirely cathartic to have an honest fight with tangible result. At least some of you should be able to heal me when the 'papercuts' arise."

Beatrice ginned.
"Well since some of moved we use are quite lethal, we do use training knives for the most part and is it seldom anyone walk away with more than bruises...there are usually quite allot of bruises though."
The young Verbena said then she added in a slightly impressed tone of voice.
"I have seen my mentor and Adjan go at it full speed with real knives though, fighting until first blood, both trusting in the other's skill to stop and attack before he seriously wounded the other, I would not trust my own skills to do that quite yet."

He nodded; he'd promised his mentor that he would find a new apprentice for him and that he would do. It would be good for them both, even in this dark time. He wondered who he might find, what they would be like. It was almost like trying to find himself an apprentice, though that was years from now; no, perhaps harder, someone for his pater. For all that he knew the man, he did not know him as well as he did himself.

Beatrice said nothing more about Adley's brother, there was nothing left to say, it was a terrible loss and so senseless, the boy had just been returning for a kiosk or a movie or something else innocent like that, what happened to him was not right, he was not some powerful mage who could stand up to a Technocracy agent, he was just a boy...just a boy.

"Yes, if you don't mind. Could you send the message after our meeting tonight?"

"A message telling everyone the time for the Cabal meeting have changed and for everyone to meet at my apartment? Yes I can do that."
Beatrice said and smiles.
"Good day Adley, I will see you then."
The young Verbena said and smiles to her friend before she leaves his apartment.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:05 am

Tane the group is already moving looking at the perfumeries could you give me a perception plus alertness roll as the group moves though the airport please.

Thursday morning around 10:

A message from Beatrice will pling in on all of your phones.
"The time for the Cabal meeting have changed, dinner at my place at around 6 in the evening? I am not 100 percent sure of the time as I am going to a meeting at 5 but I think around 6."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:47 am

"I understand that, and if it come to that I will do my best...Beatrice said, she was rather uneasy about the situation..."I understand that."

"I've made you uncomfortable. Perhaps this isn't something you should have to think about with everything else that is going on..." He looked at her. Then he stopped talking about it, since he figured he'd already over-explained things as it was. Perhaps it hadn't been a good thing to bring it up in that manner but there was no taking it back now.

"Well since some of moved we use are quite lethal, we do use training knives for the most part and is it seldom anyone walk away with more than bruises...there are usually quite allot of bruises though." The young Verbena said then she added in a slightly impressed tone of voice. "I have seen my mentor and Adjan go at it full speed with real knives though, fighting until first blood, both trusting in the other's skill to stop and attack before he seriously wounded the other, I would not trust my own skills to do that quite yet."

"I 'm sure I will earn a few bruises, I don't usually fight with just a knife but I will deal in return." He listened to her recount her mentor's fighting Adjan and raised an eyebrow. "Out of you three, he is the best, aside from your mentor?" He wondered what the rules of the duel were, remembering his pater talking to Amadeus when he was angry about knife-fights. That had turned out to be true, Verbena did duel for social standing apparently.

"A message telling everyone the time for the Cabal meeting have changed and for everyone to meet at my apartment? Yes I can do that." Beatrice said and smiles. "Good day Adley, I will see you then."

"I will see you at five." He nodded to her, standing to let her out and then closed the door behind him. He looked over the time, still earlier than he'd been expecting to see his mentor and took his cell phone out of his pocket. He looked at it and then took out the scrap of paper with Susannah Florentine's cabalmate's contact information, Jeremy Allen. Susanna, once of his own House...still alive, somehow. At least this way he would know if he had exhausted all his current leads before progressing onward. He dialed the number and waited to see if anyone would pick up.

(before 5)
Colin's text: "Terribly sorry; didn't see message before just now. Already at Morgan's office."

return text: I will see you before the mtng re: it - you know where it go, at 5?

//I was going to wait a bit to post the reply to the text to Colin so it was 'closer' to 5 but I don't want it to get buried in the next page!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:09 am

"I've made you uncomfortable. Perhaps this isn't something you should have to think about with everything else that is going on..." He looked at her. Then he stopped talking about it, since he figured he'd already over-explained things as it was. Perhaps it hadn't been a good thing to bring it up in that manner but there was no taking it back now.

Beatrice sigh but she had a determined look in her eyes.
"I do not like the situation Adley and perhaps had there been an ideal situation I would not have to worry about it, but then in an ideal situation neither would you, I will do what have to be done, I am Verbena I will do what I can for my Chantry."
The young woman said proudly, the situation clearly bothered her but she would deal with it, or at least she would give it a very good try.

"I 'm sure I will earn a few bruises, I don't usually fight with just a knife but I will deal in return." He listened to her recount her mentor's fighting Adjan and raised an eyebrow. "Out of you three, he is the best, aside from your mentor?"

Beatrice nodded.
"Yes Adjan is the best of us aside for my mentor, I have not seen him win againt Amadeus but I have seen him draw blood. The Euthanatos do not have knife fighting as an office duel form the same way we do, they have fights to the death, often with knives. It is one of the reasons why our two Traditions often work well together, we have similar duel systems."
The young woman explained.

After she left Adley's room Beatrice sent the text message and then wrote up what she would need for the dinner she planned on making on a piece of paper, she could not leave the Chantry alone, but she was sure she could find someone who would be willing to do the shopping for her...hum she needed to make something that could be reheated as soon as the strategy meeting was done since she did not know exactly when that was, so she settled on a simple beef stew. It felt strange to be doing such a mundane chore when so much was at stake, but again just keeping busy and carrying on with her life felt kind of comforting.

After a few rings a man pick up the phone and you hear a soft spoken man with a Southern accent reply.
"Yes...this is Jeremy Allen..."
There was a unspoken question in how the man presented himself as he did not know Adley's number, a dog could be heard barking in the background and Jeremy shushed it while waiting for a reply.

(OOC: I am going over to some friend's house to play MtG today so I might be a bit slow with replies until later today when I get back.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:52 pm

--- Yesterday afternoon, airport ---
((OOC: Per + Alert: 2, 2, 4, 7, 9))
Colin sniffed the highly aromatic air. "Ah, airports must be so nice to pass through for people with allergies..."

--- Morgan's office ---
((OOC: Oh, hey, it's Thursday now? Good to know! Very Happy ))
Colin frowned as Adley's reply ticked in. "No, Sir, I believe that should about cover things prior to the meeting. If you'll excuse me, it appears Adley needs a private word with me before the meeting - I'll be right outside the door."
Opening Morgan's office door to step out, he added, "Oh, right. I'm having the Sleeper aspects of taking on an apprentice looked into. I don't necessarily expect to take one on just yet, mundane or magical, but it's always good to keep the rules in mind, isn't it?"
Gently closing the door behind him, Colin quickly called Adley. "It is nearly five minutes to five, I am standing outside Chief Morgan's door. I do believe I can find my way inside from here, if necessary. What's the urgent topic you need to take up with me beforehand?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top