The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Jaq on Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:30 pm

(Almost got a botch! >.>')

Bianca frowns a bit and nods to Ryan. "I get it. That's a pretty shitty situation to be in, but don't worry, the worst has passed, I'm sure we'll find Rosa soon enough." she says and looks around idly as the group walks, but his words clearly weighs on her mind, feeling guilty for talking too much.
Jaq
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Ashan101 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:57 pm

Richard having been on an adventure and not had any rest since work.. goes to meet Adley... .... not really paying attention to his phone now head off the the "first meeting" that his phone messaged him with

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:59 pm

"I do not like the situation Adley...I am Verbena I will do what I can for my Chantry."

"No I don't like the situation either. Despite the fact I am a Flambeau I do not relish a battle that threatens our Chantry, our allies, my friends. My pater said something to me earlier - I found much wisdom in these words. I'm paraphrasing but he essentially said that the fact that I care can be a source of strength to draw upon. This strength can be used to defend that which we love. I think this could be true for you, perhaps Colin as well." He looked at her and said seriously. "I too will do what I must do."

"Yes Adjan is the best of us aside for my mentor, I have not seen him win againt Amadeus but I have seen him draw blood. The Euthanatos do not have knife fighting as an office duel form the same way we do, they have fights to the death, often with knives."

He nodded at that. "I suppose it is not entirely dissimilar to certamen dueling in a general sense."

(later)
"Yes...this is Jeremy Allen..." There was a unspoken question in how the man presented himself...

'Mister Allen, my name is Adley," he said as the man picked up. "I would like to speak to you about an important matter, if you have a moment of private time. You see, I am in need of assistance on behalf of a 'friend,' a friend who is in a dire straight. I was directed to you as you also have a 'friend' who experienced something similar yet you and yours found a solution to her need...if you would speak to me of this delicate matter, I would be most grateful," he said sincerely but guarded due to the fact he was not sure where the other man was presently. He waited for the man to decide if he was telling the truth, if he would speak with him. Adley did not want to say too much over the phone initially in case he was around others, but he hoped he had implied enough to get a conversation started and to let the man understand he was a mage, asking after a cabalmate, and that he would be willing to owe the man a favour if he thought it required.

(later)*
Richard having been on an adventure and not had any rest since work.. goes to meet Adley... .... not really paying attention to his phone now head off the the "first meeting" that his phone messaged him with

Adley will open the door when Richard arrives and makes his presence known, looking surprised as it was after the time he thought to see him and had been about to leave to his pater's office. "Ah, Richard. I heard you had an exciting evening, I do hope everyone is alright? I heard there were some wounded but I'm not sure exactly what happened." He moves aside to let him in for a few minutes, trying to see if Richard was alright as well. "I'm sorry to add something to your plate but I was wondering if you knew someone in the hospital that might help us? I too had a rather...busy evening and as it turns out, one of the Deacons was injured by a paradox spirit." He frowned. "The Primus asked me to see if we could get Narim into the hospital for a brain scan without alerting the Technocracy, or leaving a mundane paper trail. Do you know anyone in that department that might be willing to assist us?"

(just before 5)
Gently closing the door behind him, Colin quickly called Adley. "It is nearly five minutes to five, I am standing outside Chief Morgan's door. I do believe I can find my way inside from here, if necessary. What's the urgent topic you need to take up with me beforehand?"

"Colin," Adley said, walking towards the Council Chamber. As he picked up the call he ducked out of general hearing. "I'm sorry I was not able to catch up earlier. However I wanted to discuss the matter of our guest downstairs. He will need to be moved, so that there is less reason for certain people to arrive unexpectedly and bag a 'two-for-one,' if you'd excuse the term. The most logical reason is for trial...I will be at the Council Chamber in a few minutes, we can speak on the rest of this later. I assume you understand the reason why this is a concern."

// haha, it -is- good to know what day it is actually, chalk it up to me being fussy but now I know where Adley is supposed to be in the afternoon before the meeting ; )

*for the sake of all these things happening at once, is it okay to have Richard show up either before or after the call with Allen? - otherwise let me know and I'll change my reply
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:41 pm

"I can try a life/flaw scan but I can certainly arrange that for you"

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:03 pm

Colin, Tane and Bianca, Wednesday afternoon airport:

Colin when your group walk to the second of the perfumeries you see a piece of paper on the floor under a big sign with an advertisement for lipstick, a mark is drawn on the paper, something most would dismiss as a doodle, but it is the stylized lotus that the Cult of Ecstasy use as a Tradition symbol, as if the note was left there for someone who would know what it means.

Coawa looks at you.
"I have no allergies, I have a sensitive nose though and I seriously do not like this place."
The wershark said with a sneer.
"To many people and to many scents."

Ryan looks at Bianca and sigh.
"I hope you are right my dear, I hope you are right."
The Cultist said but it was clear that he was quite worried.
"Now whatever is on your mind do not worry, like you said, we will find Rosa soon and then get out of here."

Colin, Morgan's office, Thursday just before five:

Jeffry Morgan nods.
"Very well then Mr Wainwright, I will see you at the meeting."
The old mage said and sat down to use the time before the meeting to catch up on some paperwork, he looks up again when Colin speaks about teaching someone his profession.
"What mundane skills you teach a Sleeper is none of my Business nor concern Mr Wainwright, as for apprenticing a young mage, you can not legally do that before you are recognized as an Adept, though I do think that one day you will be a good teacher."
The old Hermetic said before the Orphan left his office.

Colin you do know where the Council Chambers are, it is a room located right next to the library, you have not et foot in there very often, but you do know where it is.

Richard and Adley, Thursday morning closer to 11:

Richard arrives after after Adley's conversation with Jeremy Allen. It is nearing the time where Adley have to go and see his mentor before the old mage go to pick up his guest, but he have a bit of time. Now that morning are creeping towards afternoon this morning's rain have ceased and the sun is peeking out, though the skies are still pretty dark, threatening more rain in the evening.

Adley you know that if Narim's brain was damaged by the Paradox Spirit then a magickal scan is not likely to work, which is probably why neither your mentor nor Master Steelhaven performed such an examination, the once magick but now mundane wonders of technology though, that might work.

Adley, Thursday late morning:

"No I don't like the situation either. Despite the fact I am a Flambeau I do not relish a battle that threatens our Chantry, our allies, my friends. My pater said something to me earlier - I found much wisdom in these words. I'm paraphrasing but he essentially said that the fact that I care can be a source of strength to draw upon. This strength can be used to defend that which we love. I think this could be true for you, perhaps Colin as well." He looked at her and said seriously. "I too will do what I must do."

Beatrice nodded she gave a little smile to her Cabalmate.
"Your mentor are quite wise Adley. I agree though, caring for other can be a great strength, I know I am able to withstand more and face greater difficulties when I do so to help others than when I am only looking out for myself."
The young Verbena looked at her friend, yes indeed she would do what she had to, it was part of being a part of the Chantry and even if she found it difficult she would endure for those at this Chantry that she loved, Hermetics where not the only one that did what they must.

He nodded at that. "I suppose it is not entirely dissimilar to certamen dueling in a general sense."

"The social function is about the same, but off course when we fight with knives it is not our prowess as mages that are being tested but our physical ability and many are against that. I think it is a good thing though, it let us duel without the risk of the collateral damage that a all out conflict between two mages can cause. Now off course Verbena to learn Certamen since that dueling form have become common even outside of the Order of Hermes, and we do Duel Arcane and Duel Thanatos."
These where more informal duels where mages just went at one another with magick, some rules where set for each duel, whatever or not the participants could use Tass or talismans for example, but other than that it was just mage on mage, the drawback off course was the risk of Paradox and collateral damage, the benefit was that all Traditions recognized the custom, and so did members of both the Technocracy and the Nephandi. Refusing a Duel Arcane was considered to be cowardice and would lead to a loss of status, while anyone could refuse a magickal fight to the death.
"But generally we prefer our knives."
Beatrice concluded.

(Later)

There was a pause on the phone when Jeremy said nothing then after a while the man spoke again.
"I see, this is about our lost Cabal member."
There was much anger and pain in the man's voice when he spoke of the woman that once had been part of his Cabal.
"I can talk, no mundane will overhear, the Crats off course can probably hack in o the conversation though, no phone call are completely safe."
Jeremy said.
"What is it that you want of me...you have my attention, however I would like to know your Tradition and details of what it is you wish."
The young mage said, he sounded rather gruff and skeptical of this unknown caller.

(OOC:
// haha, it -is- good to know what day it is actually, chalk it up to me being fussy but now I know where Adley is supposed to be in the afternoon before the meeting ; )

Yeah sorry about forgetting to mention a day of the week for so long, my bad.

*for the sake of all these things happening at once, is it okay to have Richard show up either before or after the call with Allen? - otherwise let me know and I'll change my reply

I was thinking Richard would show up after the call to Jeremy Allen.

Sorry for not replying before now and sorry if I have missed anything I have been playing MtG for eight and a half hours straight, 11 games with no pause so my head is in lala land light now. Just let me know if I missed anything.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:59 pm

--- Wednesday, Airport ---
Colin nodded to Coawa, "Quite right, it's a little on the excessive side. Say, Mr. Darehill, I think that's your fragrance over there." Colin gave Ryan a gentle nudge with the elbow and pointed toward the doodle on the floor.

--- Thursday, corridors ---
Colin made his way toward the Council Chamber, still talking, "Quite so, it appears I will be attending that trial. A bit of an inconvenience, I suppose, but a necessary one. I'll see you in a couple of minutes."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:04 pm

"I can talk, no mundane will overhear, the Crats off course can probably hack in o the conversation though, no phone call are completely safe." Jeremy said. "What is it that you want of me...you have my attention, however I would like to know your Tradition and details of what it is you wish." The young mage said, he sounded rather gruff and skeptical of this unknown caller

'Yes, I understand. I am of the Order of Hermes, of the House of your former cabalmate," he said. "I am concerned for a member of my own, not of my Tradition, who is afflicted and under a too-watchful, or shall I say, zealous and -judgmental-, eye. I would see her be cleansed of her affliction, as I have heard your cabalmember had managed, for she herself is not yet tainted or prone to the darkness within. But our time is short. I would at least like her to know if this is truly possible and how you managed this feat. If we can manage our time so that certain people in positions...of which you are too familiar with, can be slowed so that we might perhaps save her. Or at least give her some comfort in knowing that it is possible, that I would walk this path you have been down before." He knew it was a long shot, that the man had little reason to trust a mage of the Order, considering all that had happened. But it was the truth, if in broad strokes. As he said, you never knew exactly who was listening.

(later)
Richard: "I can try a life/flaw scan but I can certainly arrange that for you"

"The problem is that he was damaged by a paradox spirit, it invaded his mind. It would be better to use mundane ways of determining his injury if possible. Naturally, this is balanced out against putting him at additional risk. If you could see if this is viable, then I will let Narim know, and then we can all arrange it together. "

(near 5)
Colin made his way toward the Council Chamber, still talking, "Quite so, it appears I will be attending that trial. A bit of an inconvenience, I suppose, but a necessary one. I'll see you in a couple of minutes."

"Understood." He hung up with a sigh. He'd have to talk with him more about it later, but it appeared that he was going to go to Horizon after all. In the meantime, he had to focus on Beatrice's predicament. With that, he went to the Council Chambers and awaited admittance.

Last edited by s7trif3 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:06 pm

Richard goes off to book a time with MRI with a medical referral... to make it expedited as soon as possible

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:39 am

Wednesday airport:

Ryan's eyes widen a little bit and he go and pick up the piece of paper as discreetly as possible, he open the paper and read it and then show it to the rest of you.
"I spotted the woman, I hope you find this. I am in the luggage area, will wait a little longer and then try to get out of here and go for help...be careful, she is still around."
Ryan smiles a little.
"It is Rosa's handwriting, we should hurry."
He comments.

Phone call with Jeremy Allen Thursday:

'Yes, I understand. I am of the Order of Hermes, of the House of your former cabalmate," he said. "I am concerned for a member of my own, not of my Tradition, who is afflicted and under a too-watchful, or shall I say, zealous and -judgmental-, eye. I would see her be cleansed of her affliction, as I have heard your cabalmember had managed, for she herself is not yet tainted or prone to the darkness within. But our time is short. I would at least like her to know if this is truly possible and how you managed this feat. If we can manage our time so that certain people in positions...of which you are too familiar with, can be slowed so that we might perhaps save her. Or at least give her some comfort in knowing that it is possible, that I would walk this path you have been down before." He knew it was a long shot, that the man had little reason to trust a mage of the Order, considering all that had happened. But it was the truth, if in broad strokes. As he said, you never knew exactly who was listening.

Jeremy is silent as the Hermetic talks and explains the situation then after a while he said.
"I have no reason to like your Tradition, my Cabalmate where no danger to anyone and they...what they did to her."
Your hear the man swallows hard then he continues.
"If one of yours are in a similar situation my advice is that you kill her, I do not care how, no death, no matter how cruel would be to much of a price to pay...to spare a loved one from..."
Jeremy fraught to keep his voice even, he took a deep breath then he sigh.
"But I suspect you will not do that, no matter what I tell you, no matter if I tell you how I watched them do it, watched...no I suppose not nothing will convince you that the best thing would be to take the life of your Cabaalmate before it come to that."
Jeremy sigh again.
"I will tell you what I know Hermetic, but that is sue because Sue...well I guess no names over the phone...but that is just because she would have wanted that, she would have wanted to help others in any way she could, perhaps she still want that, I have not been able to bring myself to go see her...see the husk she have become."
The mage added in a soft tone of voice.
"In short, yes she managed to cleanse herself, her Avatar was examined by several Masters of Spirit and it was confirmed, it did not matter though, they still Gilgulled her."
Jeremy said bitterly.
"The details though are difficult to discuss over the phone."

Council Chambers Thursday 5 in the afternoon:

Chantry Steelhaven Hall's Council Chamber where not grand or that impressive, instead the room was rather small and had once been the office of some teacher or another when this building was a school for girls. In the middle of the room where a large, oak table, and around it sat ten chairs, five for the members of the Deacon Council and enough extra to be able to seat guests or host a dinner party for important visitors. Heavy red drapes decorated the windows in one end of the room, and one was where decorated with very old photographs of mages who had once lived here, some of these magi still lived, others where dead or had gone Marauder over the years. George was in some of the pictures and so was Jeffry. On the other wall there where bookshelves that housed important documents and agreements, some decorative items, and a coffee maker and cups for those nights when Council meetings dragged on.

Beatrice arrived at the Council Chambers, the door was open awaiting the magi invited to this afternoon's meeting, George was already there, sitting at the end of the oval table, the young Verbena curtsy to the Deacon Primus, then she looked around for the others, she saw Colin and Adley arriving and waved at them. Beatrice felt rather nervous, she knew of bad the situation was, or rather she knew it was bad, this meeting would determine how bad, and she was terrified to be told there was no hope, what if they just could not save her? The young Verbena shuddered she did not take a seat yet, she would wait for her mentor and Master Morgan, it would not be right for a Disciple to sit before the Masters at a semi formal occasion, so instead she waited for her two Cabal Member to get over to the room's entrance so she could talk with them until the two older magi got there. Beatrice where rather pale where she stood, she was getting more and more nervous about the outcome of the meeting.

Richard Thursday late morning:

You begin doing the paperwork to get Narim an examination, do you falsify the paperwork where you would have to fill out the patient's name and medical history?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:05 am

"I will tell you what I know Hermetic, but that is sue because Sue...well I guess no names over the phone...but that is just because she would have wanted that, she would have wanted to help others in any way she could, perhaps she still want that, I have not been able to bring myself to go see her...see the husk she have become."

"I know that you do not have any love for my Tradition, nor reason to after what has happened. But I am trying to see the same thing not happen again, to the extent that I can." But no, he could not kill her, knowing what her avatar was. At least not before...still, he would try to do this thing, for Beatrice's sake and those like her. Perhaps others. "But I thank you for considering my cabalmate, on behalf of yours."

"In short, yes she managed to cleanse herself, her Avatar was examined by several Masters of Spirit and it was confirmed, it did not matter though, they still Gilgulled her." Jeremy said bitterly. "The details though are difficult to discuss over the phone."

"I would very much like to know those details, yet am not close in location to you, nor is physically travelling going to be easily done at this time. How might you best be able to explain them to me?" he asked. "Please...Mr Allen, I do not know how long we have but it is not much. Yet I will do all that I can given what I have."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:38 am

Richard gets top he hospital and sets about making a fake patient record .. for John Smith.... so they can get an MRI set up

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:01 am

per 2 + alert 2= 4

1 2 9 7
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:42 am

Adley:

"I know that you do not have any love for my Tradition, nor reason to after what has happened. But I am trying to see the same thing not happen again, to the extent that I can." But no, he could not kill her, knowing what her avatar was. At least not before...still, he would try to do this thing, for Beatrice's sake and those like her. Perhaps others. "But I thank you for considering my cabalmate, on behalf of yours."

There was a moment before Jeremy answered then he said in a sad, even tone.
"The problem is, can you protect your Cabalmate? Keep zealots in the Traditions from destroying here as my...my lover was destroyed?"
The young man asked bitterly.

"I would very much like to know those details, yet am not close in location to you, nor is physically travelling going to be easily done at this time. How might you best be able to explain them to me?" he asked. "Please...Mr Allen, I do not know how long we have but it is not much. Yet I will do all that I can given what I have."

"Very well, I guess this tale would not much matter if the Union is listening in, knowing my Susannah...cleansed her Avatar will not put our side at a disadvantage, nor would a very common first name, very well I will tell you Hermetic or what I know but only Sue herself would be able to tell you everything, if she is even able to anymore."
Jeremy sigh then he begun to tell his tale.
"None of knew that Susannah where a widderslainte, she where not like most of them are, yes she had a destructive side but we just assumed that was due to being of your House, when the faction someone belong to under their Tradition have the motto that one must destroy the old to make way for the new and destroy the new to protect the old, well then a bit of Entropic Resonance would not be completely unexpected we thought...but for the most past she was kind and compassionate and reborn Nephandus is not what anyone would think when looking at her. Now the problem was that Susannah where always more affected by Paradox than anyone else in the Cabal. We could even work in Consort she and I where we know for a fact that all member of the group attracted Dox equally due to how such a joining of energies work, and I might have a minor backlash and she would be in bed sick for a week. Little did we know at the time that Fallen are worse affected by Paradox than other mages, not many knows, perhaps reality just do not like them or something."
Jeremy said, and yes you have noticed that while Beatrice do not often do vulgar magick outside of the protection of the Chantry, when she do she is always badly affected, and from what she and her mentor say the very reason why her affliction where discovered where a major backlash that nearly killed her.
"That is part of the reason why so many Nephandi are deformed and have well eyes and mouths and such shit everywhere, some of them are marks from their Masters but many of their deformities are Paradox flaws. It is the one reason why we very seldom see higher ranking Nephandi other than in the Umbra and in their Labyrinths, Paradox is harsh on all Fallen."
The young mage sigh then he continue.
"We eventually pooled our resources to get someone to have a look at Susannah to find out why she was always so badly affected by Paradox even if she was careful, and that is when it was discovered, what she was. Now we where lucky, the man we had tired agreed not to tell anyone and left Susannah in our care, safe for a little while at least."

"At first Susannah wanted to surrender, she saw it as her duty to not let her Fallen Avatar be reborn, but after a while she got this idea in her head that she would try to cleanse her soul. Now this was not easy and exactly how she did it I do not know, at first she tried to just do good deed and refuse the Avatar and that did nothing, but after she spoke with a Criamon, yeah I know a fucking Criamon how she found one I have no idea there are like twenty of them left or so, then she begun to go on Seekings...horrible grueling Seekings, I remember her waking from Mindscapes unable to speak due to shock, or coming back from meditating so weak we feared for her life. Susannah said she had to accept her Avatar, accept what it was, all that it was without being controlled by it, and then she could begin to force out that which was corrupted. I honestly do not understand it myself, but eventually she did it, all that suffering, all those Seekings and conversations with that thing inside of her worked and she was cleaned. By this time I could examine Avatars and it looked perfectly normal no me, we called back the same mage who had first examined Susannah and he could not believe his eyes, she was clean."
Jeremy said his voice a bit far of as he remembered all of it.
"We believed all would finally be back to normal, and it was, for a little while, but somehow information about what Susannah had done leaked and this Hermetic, D'Angelo, he had her arrested and dragged to Horizon for trial."

"The trial took weeks and Susannah's Avatar was poked and prodded by so many mages, I felt so bad for her, it must have been so humiliating, but all the tests came back the same, her Avatar was now a perfectly normal Primordial, it was nothing wrong with it. The fact that Susannah had been a widderslainte however remained and D'Angelo managed to convince the Council that the safest thing was to Gilgul her anyway. Now some widderslainte are spared that fate, but those have always been the ones with powerful, influential mentors Susannah's teacher where just an Adept that had been slain in battle before I even met her, there where no powerful Master that stood up for her, and so she was sentenced."
Jeremy's voice grew thick as if he was struggling with tears.
"I will tell you the end of the story as well Mr Adley, perhaps then you will reconsider killing your Cabalmember before she can meet the same fate."
The young mage said bitterly.

"There where many protests to the Gilgul, in fact some mages went to Horizon for the purpose alone to protest it, but that helped little, they where going through with it anyway. I sat with Susannah in her call the last few hours before dawn the day of...the punishment, I tried to comfort her fears, but there was nothing I could do. Before they came and took her she told me she wanted to live...afterwards so that perhaps one day she could help another widderslainte like herself cleanse themselves, that is why I am talking to you Hermetic, because she would have wanted it..."
Jeremy said in an angry tone of voice.
"I stood in the Main Sentencing Hall and watched what they did to her."
The man's voice was low now and full of barely controlled emotion.
"They brought her in bound and naked, there are no reason for the convicted to be nude, it is not like clothes protect you from Gilgul, but it have become a custom since Heylel was...brought to his punishment in such a manner, it is done just to humiliate the convicted, nothing more."
Jeremy just sounded angry at this point.
"Because what they did to her just was not bad enough they had to humiliate her as well."

There where a few seconds before Jeremy managed to continue his tale while he got his emotions under control.
"I could not begin to understand what was done, I only saw my Susannah fall to the floor and writhing in pain, horrible screams escaping her lips. I could hear one of her wrists crack as the convulsions where so bad she hurt herself on her restraints. I will never forget those screams, the sheer agony I saw in her eyes, I do not understand how it is possible for a human being to suffer that much and not die."
Jeremy finally could not hold back his emotions anymore and you hear a soft sob.
"Then it was done, and she just lay there on the floor and I was finally allowed to rush to her. Oh my poor, beautiful Susannah, she just lay where, she had lost control of her body in her agony and had soiled herself, her wrists bled where the restraints had cut into her flesh and a blood trickled down from her lips where she had bit herself, but it was the look in her eyes that got to me, they where...empty of all joy all will, she was awake but she just stared into nothingness."
Another couple of sobs could be heard before Jeremy manages to continue.
"I got Susannah's restraints removed and wrapped her in my coat. My mentor live on Horizon so I took her to his room in the main Chantry. I was convinced that I could care for her you know, that somehow I could make her happy again. I was a fool. I washed her, clothed her and got her to bed, still Susannah did not speak, she only looked into nothing as if she just did not care what happened to her. I remember I at down at her bedside and took her hand, it felt so fragile in mine, and I asked her if she was still in pain..."
Jeremy drew a deep breath before he spoke of the worst part of his story.
"Finally Susannah looked at me and she spoke, she begged me to bring the pain she had felt during the ritual back, for it was better than the emptiness inside her, she...she continued to beg me for this until exhaustion took her and she fell asleep."
Jeremy swallowed back his tears and after a few moments he continued.
"The next day I gave her to the Mercere, I was a coward, I could not stand to see her like that, my proud, powerful Susannah reduced to begging for that inhuman pain rather than the emptiness that would now never leave her. I hear she is still alive, I should go to see her, some of my Cabal have, but I can not bring myself to do it, I can not bring myself to look into those eyes filled with nothing but endless despair again..."
The young mage said then he muttered.
"That is what they will do to your friend Mr Adley, please if you care for her, do not let her go through that, no one deserve it, I do not care what they would be reborn as, no one deserve such a fate."
Jeremy sigh again then he muttered.
"And that is all I know Hermetic, all I know, the only ones that perhaps know more would be the Criamon...or Susannah herself..."

Richard:

You write up your fake patient records. Can you give me a Manipulation plus Medicine roll to see if you actually manage to make them convincing?

Tane:

You do not notice anything in particular but you see Colin point out a note for Ryan and when the Cultist have picked it up he show it to you and you see in fine handwriting the following message:

"I spotted the woman, I hope you find this. I am in the luggage area, will wait a little longer and then try to get out of here and go for help...be careful, she is still around."

It seams like Rosa might have left a note for her mentor about where she would be hiding.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:49 am

Richard spends time creating the documents needed ( Result
9 - 4 - 6 - 8 - 9 )

Richard sends a message to Adley "Its now"

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:18 am

"The problem is, can you protect your Cabalmate? Keep zealots in the Traditions from destroying here as my...my lover was destroyed?" The young man asked bitterly.

"I can try." And he would try, as would the others. It was not his Will alone that was involved but yes, he would do what he Will.

I guess this tale would not much matter if the Union is listening in, knowing my Susannah...cleansed her Avatar will not put our side at a disadvantage, nor would a very common first name, very well I will tell you Hermetic or what I know but only Sue herself would be able to tell you everything, if she is even able to anymore..."

Adley listened carefully, quietly and with a great sense of sadness and empathy to the Words that the man told him. His repeated entreaties to help end Beatrice's life weighed heavily on his heart but he knew that it could not be so. Not only would Beatrice wish to try to live, she had said so, but even then he could not. The description of her gilgul was painful but Adley knew that if he should have to watch it himself, far worse. And far, far worse for Beatrice herself. The mention of House Crimion was nothing short of another surprise. It seemed the old House might still have members lurking in Ex Miscellanea, if anywhere. By the time the man had finished speaking, Adley had a hand up to his mouth as if it would hold back a torrent of words and emotions. But he was a Flambeau. He would do what he had to do. And if that meant pissing off some judges then he would do that. And if it meant watching a travesty and emblazoning into his very avatar so that he would not forget and keep onward, he would do that as well. But he would not give up.

"That is what they will do to your friend Mr Adley, please if you care for her, do not let her go through that, no one deserve it, I do not care what they would be reborn as, no one deserve such a fate." Jeremy sigh again then he muttered. "And that is all I know Hermetic, all I know, the only ones that perhaps know more would be the Criamon...or Susannah herself..."

"Mr Allen...there are not Words that I can shape to adequately address your loss, your pain...and this tragedy. But I will do what I can with what you have told me, so it should not be wasted." Adley's voice sounded grave and held a note of sorrow but also something else, conviction.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:49 am

Adley:

"I can try." And he would try, as would the others. It was not his Will alone that was involved but yes, he would do what he Will.

Jeremy sigh then after a while he say.
"Then I wish you better luck than we had Mr Adley..."

"Mr Allen...there are not Words that I can shape to adequately address your loss, your pain...and this tragedy. But I will do what I can with what you have told me, so it should not be wasted." Adley's voice sounded grave and held a note of sorrow but also something else, conviction.

"It is my wish that you succeed, if you can save your Cabalmember then perhaps there would be some meaning to Susannah's fate."
Jeremy said, sadness in his voice.
"But there would be so many powerful forces working against you, chances are that you like me will be left with ash and bitterness and the girl you seek to help will get a fate worse than death."
The young mage said then he sigh again.
"But I do hope you succeed, I do hope that, perhaps if you do I can finally go and visit Susannah and tell her and perhaps then she will smile again, if only just once."
Jeremy muttered.

Richard:

You file the paperwork and look look at the list for the MRI and see that there is an opening tomorrow afternoon at 13:15. You do not think anyone would question the paperwork and you can get Narim Sharaya's head examined and get the mage out of the hospital again with none the wiser.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:13 am

Jeremy sigh then after a while he say. "Then I wish you better luck than we had Mr Adley..."

"I could use some," he admitted. "And 'spare' time, if you have any."

"It is my wish that you succeed, if you can save your Cabalmember then perhaps there would be some meaning to Susannah's fate."
Jeremy said, sadness in his voice. "But there would be so many powerful forces working against you, chances are that you like me will be left with ash and bitterness and the girl you seek to help will get a fate worse than death." The young mage said then he sigh again. "But I do hope you succeed, I do hope that, perhaps if you do I can finally go and visit Susannah and tell her and perhaps then she will smile again, if only just once."

"I am of he House Flambeau. I do not fear ashes, though I would not have them be of those that I care for." No, he would much rather the ashes come from his enemies, or be the burnt remains of the obstacles in his path. There were so many that the pile of ashes alone could form a great stair to the upper realms, he thought with a frown. "Thank you for your time, for speaking with me about this. I know it was not easy, or something you wished to do. I do hope that I will speak with you again, Mr Allen. Until then, goodbye," he said.

After the call was done he sat a moment and then soaked it all in, taking the main points from the conversation. He thought of the boy in the basement, who hardly understood what had happened to him, but was still with enough sense to feel remorse. He thought of Beatrice, and Susanna and Jeremy. Of the children that the Primus had visited, long ago. How many more? He had to do something. And then Richard knocked at his door.

(later)
Adley gathered his things and went to go see his mentor as instructed. He was hurrying, feeling he was cutting it a little closer than he liked but hopeful that something was being done about Narim's situation. When he got to the office, he knocked and waited to be let in.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:56 am

"I could use some," he admitted. "And 'spare' time, if you have any."

"Oh sure, the Paradox might be an issue though."
Jeremy said, it was the first thing with a hint of humor he had said so far.

"I am of he House Flambeau. I do not fear ashes, though I would not have them be of those that I care for." No, he would much rather the ashes come from his enemies, or be the burnt remains of the obstacles in his path. There were so many that the pile of ashes alone could form a great stair to the upper realms, he thought with a frown. "Thank you for your time, for speaking with me about this. I know it was not easy, or something you wished to do. I do hope that I will speak with you again, Mr Allen. Until then, goodbye," he said.

Jeremy did not comment, no it had clearly not been easy, but there was nothing more to say about it so all the young man muttered was.
"Again good luck Mr Adley for your Cabalmate's sake. Goodbye."
Jeremy said before he hung up.

(later)
Adley gathered his things and went to go see his mentor as instructed. He was hurrying, feeling he was cutting it a little closer than he liked but hopeful that something was being done about Narim's situation. When he got to the office, he knocked and waited to be let in.

Your mentor let you into his office, he had dressed a bit more formally than his usual jeans and tshirt for picking the visiting Master up at the airport, he still wore his jeans but had on a fresh, white buttoned up shirt, a nice west and even wore the silver and jade bolo tie that your sister had bought him for Christmas one year his hair was combed back into a neat, short ponytail, more than that though he had not taken the time to bother do, the Chief had very little time for such concerns, but he had tried to look, nice, more than he usually did for visiting dignitaries.
"Ah mea filius come in."
The old mage said and indicated a chair.
"First of all, just to be sure I would like to ask for your help in transporting Agent Kessinger to the airport, I can handle her but while I am driving at the same time it can become complicated."
The old Hermetic said then he added.
"Then there is the concern of the information we got from our other guest in the basement, some plans need to be made."

(OOC: If anyone wonder how Jeffry Morgan looks, think Sayid from Lost just put 15 more years on him.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:36 am

--- Wednesday, Airport ---
Colin nodded to Ryan, "Clever girl... Right, let's hurry."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:10 pm

Wednesday Chantry:

Bianca nods firmly at him. "I will, either that or die trying. Or something like that." she says and grins playfully. "I trust what we say here stays between us? I won't tell that judge woman you want to kill her and you don't tell the hag I called her silly. Deal?" she says and winks, obviously joking. As he mentions the Nephandi, she scratches her head and shrugs. "I don't know, the idea of destroying reality sounds pretty insane in itself, but I admit there is a lot I don't understand, so I won't argue on that."

"Does Barabbi mean anything? Anyway, I didn't mean to compare the two. It's just something I remembered while you were shit talking the Deacon." she says and grins. "Since he is the guy who will either say yes or no to my roof garden, I think it's a good idea to stay on his good side. As hard as it may be, judging by how you seem to like the man."

The girl nods at him. "Really? Well, I once saw the hag use a jungle creeper to strangle some poor coyote who got too close. It was pretty scary to see, but I guess against someone like Lisa it would be pretty useless, yes. The substances we can extract from them to brew stuff is another matter entirely, I hope. Or at least if one can somehow catch her off guard. I noticed she moved her hands right before the poor waitress got soaked with boiling coffee at the airport."

She bites her lips as he mentions there is no cure and sighs. "Yeah, Beatrice can be damn scary sometimes. I thought it was just something you taught her though. So these dark art you mean are because she is a Nephandus? If all we have to do is leave her mind alone, can't we just do that and keep her the hell away from people like Lisa?" she says, frowning as he mentions the punishment and how one sided trying to take out the judge would be, angry not at Amadeus but at the whole situation. "But... but... does that mean I'm supposed to just stand idly and let her fanaticism take both Bea and you away from me?" she sighs and nods. "Well, I guess there is still hope it won't come to that, but if does, you can count on me to assist you however needed, master." she says coldly.

"I know but, isn't it too harsh and unfair to punish someone before they actually do anything wrong? If Bea was born sweet and not like a Nephandus at all, who is to say she won't be the same in her next life? I don't know, this sounds really fucked up." she frowns again and shrugs. "Well, we are going to see her, right? We shouldn't let her notice our worries, right?" she says and puts on her best smile, just like that.
Jaq
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:59 pm

Ryan smiles and nod he turns on his heel and begins leading the party towards luggage checkout, it was a good place to hide as that area was always so full of people it was easy to loose oneself in the crowd.
"We should keep our eyes open for this Lisa person as well."
Ryan commented.

Soon the group of magick users and their wereshark companion entered the large room where travelers and tourists stood waiting for their luggage. Once in the large hall you notice Rosa, she had hid herself behind a trolley cart full of suitcases, the young mage looked rather frightened but did not appear to be hurt, when she see Ryan, Colin and Bianca she leaves her hiding place and hurry towards your group.
"Mentor, Mr Wainwright, thank you for coming..."
Rosa said and drew a deep breath of relief..
"Oh and Bianca, oh thank heavens Bianca you are safe."
Rosa said and threw her arms around the Hedge wizard, then she glanced at Tane and Coawa.
"Ehm...hello..."
The young woman said a but unsure of who these two strangers where.
"We need to get out of here guys, that crazy bitch she found where I was hiding before so I fled here, but she is still out there."
The young mage said.

Rosa is a plump, pretty young girl in her late teens, she had dark, softly curly hair,, large dark eyes and she wear a pair of jeans and a sweet, feminine top.

(Reply Jaq I am working on a reply your post now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:09 pm

Wednesday Airport:

Bianca smiles faintly at Ryan and nods. "Yeah, I hope so. I'm optimistic too but you never know. Sometimes these visions can be self-fulfilling prophecies when I talk too much." she bites her lips.

As the group walks, she remains silent most of the time though her features visibly brighten as Colin spots the note. When they enter the room and find the girl, she smiles brightly and promptly hugs as soon as she is close enough. "Thank the goddess! Never have I been so happy to find someone like I am now! Are you alright? I shouldn't have taken the phone." a tear escapes her eyes as she talks and she tightens the hug a moment before letting her go.

She notices the girl's uneasiness around the two stranges and smiles. "Don't worry, you're among friends now." her smile fades as she mentions Lisa again. "Ugh, so much for hoping the two crats would keep her busy. You are right, let's get the fuck out."

(OOC: Sorry, I'm trying not to skip anyone before posting! I lose track of when it's my turn >.>)
Jaq
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:45 pm

"Ah mea filius come in." The old mage said and indicated a chair. "First of all, just to be sure I would like to ask for your help in transporting Agent Kessinger to the airport, I can handle her but while I am driving at the same time it can become complicated."

Adley walked in and sat down, noting that his pater had gotten himself dressed up. This was about as to the 9's as he'd generally seen him. "I see. Are we transporting her now, the same trip to pick up Master Telar?"

he old Hermetic said then he added. "Then there is the concern of the information we got from our other guest in the basement, some plans need to be made."

"Yes, I have not yet had time to catch up with Colin but the information that the boy provided was disturbing. Over twenty people, awaiting their Labyrinth lord...and in need of a time mage. Hitting both constructs and chantries, anyone that they can get their hands upon.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:18 pm

Wednesday afternoon Chantry:

Bianca nods firmly at him. "I will, either that or die trying. Or something like that." she says and grins playfully. "I trust what we say here stays between us? I won't tell that judge woman you want to kill her and you don't tell the hag I called her silly. Deal?" she says and winks, obviously joking. As he mentions the Nephandi, she scratches her head and shrugs. "I don't know, the idea of destroying reality sounds pretty insane in itself, but I admit there is a lot I don't understand, so I won't argue on that."

"You got yourself a deal."
The old Verbena said with a grin then he sigh.
"Now as for destroying reality, some of them just want to obey their new masters for what powers that could grant them, others truly want the world to end so that a new world can rise, or for there to exist nothing but endless possibilities, there is a certain logic to that, even if it ruins everyone else's day."

"Does Barabbi mean anything? Anyway, I didn't mean to compare the two. It's just something I remembered while you were shit talking the Deacon." she says and grins. "Since he is the guy who will either say yes or no to my roof garden, I think it's a good idea to stay on his good side. As hard as it may be, judging by how you seem to like the man."

Amadeus raises an eyebrow.
"Yes it means something, it means someone of an existing Tradition or faction who have joined the Nephandi. The word is Italian it means scoundrel, the way that the word Nephandi mean well the naughty ones actually, though off course we give the words a bit more...sinister meanings than that. In either case let is say a member of our Tradition Fall and join the Nephandi, they would then be Verbena Barabbi."
The old mage said then he grins.
"Wrong Deacon my dear, I am shit talking Jeffry Morgan who is the Security Chief, the one who will decide on your roof garden however is George Steelhaven and he is nice enough, a Hermetic as well mind you but nice enough."
Amadeus said in a joking tone of voice.
"George however likes everyone so getting on his good side is not that hard, however that do not mean he will give you what you want."

The girl nods at him. "Really? Well, I once saw the hag use a jungle creeper to strangle some poor coyote who got too close. It was pretty scary to see, but I guess against someone like Lisa it would be pretty useless, yes. The substances we can extract from them to brew stuff is another matter entirely, I hope. Or at least if one can somehow catch her off guard. I noticed she moved her hands right before the poor waitress got soaked with boiling coffee at the airport."

"It depend on the skill of the one controlling the plants and how good she is at countering magick but strangled is strangled mage or coyote, the same with poison and the like, he might protect her body from it but generally we are as vulnerable as anyone to physical damage, the problem is getting close enough to deal it. Now as for this Lisa's hand movements, they are probably Hermetic hand sigils, which would make sense if she is a Order of Hermes Barabbi."

She bites her lips as he mentions there is no cure and sighs. "Yeah, Beatrice can be damn scary sometimes. I thought it was just something you taught her though. So these dark art you mean are because she is a Nephandus?

"She is not a Nephandus, she is a widderslainte, in her former life she was a Nephandus now however she is a Tradition mage, a Verbena but her soul is Fallen yes, and yes her artworks is how she communicate with her Avatar."
Amadeus say and sigh.

If all we have to do is leave her mind alone, can't we just do that and keep her the hell away from people like Lisa?" she says, frowning as he mentions the punishment and how one sided trying to take out the judge would be, angry not at Amadeus but at the whole situation. "But... but... does that mean I'm supposed to just stand idly and let her fanaticism take both Bea and you away from me?" she sighs and nods. "Well, I guess there is still hope it won't come to that, but if does, you can count on me to assist you however needed, master." she says coldly.

"Now Bianca it do not work like that. Beatrice is Fallen, for some reason why do not understand she is not overtaken with that, not yet, but the operative term her is not yet, she will be sooner or later, either in this life or when her Avatar is reborn into a new host, it is not as simple as leaving her alone. Beatrice will become a Nephandus, either in this life or the next."
AMadeus say and sigh.
"But right now she is an innocent and if we let an innocent suffer for what might be in the future then we are no better than the Nephandi themselves."
The old mage sigh and put a hand on the Hedge Wizard's shoulder.
"I will remember that daughter and yes there is still hope for your sister, not much, but there is still hope and we have to cling to that."

"I know but, isn't it too harsh and unfair to punish someone before they actually do anything wrong? If Bea was born sweet and not like a Nephandus at all, who is to say she won't be the same in her next life? I don't know, this sounds really fucked up." she frowns again and shrugs. "Well, we are going to see her, right? We shouldn't let her notice our worries, right?" she says and puts on her best smile, just like that.

"It is not likely daughter, not likely at all, a Fallen like Beatrice is quite rare, however you are right we should go and see her and there is no need to worry her further."

Amadeus stood and lead Bianca out of his room and down a long hallway until he stopped before another door and knocked on it, after a few moments Beatrice opened the door, the young Verbena did not look that different from when you last saw her, a little more mature that was all. Beatrice wore a pale yellow cardigan over a simple top and skirt, her skin was pale, her hair was short, slightly curly and dark brown, her eyes where large, intelligent and had a warm, light brown color, the young woman looked tired and drawn but then she saw Bianca and she gave a squee and rushed over to the Hedge Wizard and threw her thin arms around the taller woman.
"Bianca...when did you get her? Heavens it is good to see you? Are you well my sister?"
The young Berbena said.
"It have been far to long."

Wednesday airport:

Ryan nods to what you are saying, he sigh.
"I do not think your visions are self fulfilling in this case but yes, I know a thing or two of visions myself and I know what you mean, I do thank you for my warning though."
The Cultist said.

Ryan sigh from relief when he see Rosa and path the young mage on the back.
"It is good to see you safe."
He mutters.
"Yes we should definitely leave while the going is good."
The Cultist commented.

Rosa smiles to Bianca.
"No no, we are both found and we are safe, giving you the phone was the right thing, but we should get you your own soon."
She say then she nods.
"I am not hurt, freaked out yes, but not hurt, what the hell do that bitch want with us?"

Rosa looks at Tane and Coawa and nods.
"Hi...though further introductions should probably wait until we are safe."
The young Cultist glances over at Bianca again.
"Crats? When did the Union get into this situation?"
She asks in a worried tone of voice.

Thursday Jeffry Morgan's office:

Jeffry nods to his apprentice.
"Yeah we are brining her to the airport at the same time, there are no need to go back and forth twice, and besides one less prisoner in our care is one less thing to worry about."
The old mage said in a tone of voice that said that he would prefer if that one less prisoner thing happened at the business end of a fireball, but he was a man of his word and so he had secured the woman's freedom in exchanged for information and he would honor that.
"And besides I have prepared a letter for her to bring to her people waring them of the Nephandi."
The old Hermetic said and that concept obviously bothered him, warning the Technocracy was not something he did every day.

"Now as or a Time mage well since Mr Darehill was already attempted recruited yesterday I would say they are putting some effort into acquiring one. Now I am preparing letters of warning to every Chantry in Boston and surrounding cities and when done I would like you to take them with you went you to to teach at the university and drop by Lux Itineris and have the Mercere there deliver them."
The old mage said, not really asking.
"If getting someone who can manipulate Time is that important to the Fallen we need to make sure they do not get one."
Jeffry said then he sigh.
"We need to find out where that Labyrinth is and take it down before they get their Lord, no one in this city is safe before that infestation is dealt with."
The old Hermetic said as he poured a cup of coffee for his apprentice and then one for himself.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq on Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:52 pm

Wednesday Chantry:

Bianca nods at Amadeus. "Yeah I see what you mean. In the end, they are just assholes. This whole thing with Ryan going through the vagina in my vision and now Bea makes me wonder if they are like that because they want to or not. If I get this right, one way or another, she is screwed, and I'm pretty sure she wants no part in this." she says and sighs.

The girl listens to the nomenclature lesson and nods. "Oh, alright. One thing I liked about the hag is that she kept things simple with these weird names. But now I see I'm in a big disadvantage here. Thanks, Hag." she says in a playful tone and scratches her head embarrassingly as he clarifies they are talking about two different people. "Oh, crap. I was pretty sure we were talking about the same people. What's so bad about these Hermetics anyway? Are they all stuck up jerks like Lisa?" she says and laughs softly, nodding at him. "Yeah, I know staying on his good doesn't guarantee he'll say yes, but at least it doesn't guarantee he'll say no either, right?" she says and grins at him.

The girl frowns a bit at his explanation. "So it's more fair to punish someone we know to be 100% innocent right this moment to save an innocent in some unknown future who might be in danger because of her? That's just nuts, Master! The judge might as well kill herself, who knows, she could become a nasty Nephandus in the future too."

The girls nods at him and follows her adoptive father to Beatrice's room. When she see the girl, her reaction is pretty much the same! She looks happy like a small child who just got a new toy or something, and happily hugs her sister, holding her for several minutes. "Bea! I missed you so much, dear!" she says to the girl's ears while she is hugged, with a few tears dropping from her eyes. After a while, she moves her head away so she can look at the girl. "Wow, you look exactly like the last time I saw you, beautiful as ever!" she says and giggles, finally letting go of her. "I've just arrived. Had a bit of an inconvenience at the airport but it's all good now." the girl nods. "Yeah, three years. I think you were my age when we met. Sure felt like an eternity."
Jaq
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top