The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:31 pm

Bianca nods at Amadeus. "Yeah I see what you mean. In the end, they are just assholes. This whole thing with Ryan going through the vagina in my vision and now Bea makes me wonder if they are like that because they want to or not. If I get this right, one way or another, she is screwed, and I'm pretty sure she wants no part in this." she says and sighs.

"One thing Bianca you need to be careful who you talk about your visions to and where, talking about them can get Mr Darehill in trouble and make others look at him with suspicious eye, there are topics one discuss quietly and only among those you trust."
Amadeus waned then he continued.
"Most Nephandi, want to be what they are but it is complicated, when they go through the Caul their Avatars become inverted, and off course such a soul would deeply affect it's host."
The old mage sigh.
"No Beatrice want nothing to do with it, but she have an inverted Avatar as well."

The girl listens to the nomenclature lesson and nods. "Oh, alright. One thing I liked about the hag is that she kept things simple with these weird names. But now I see I'm in a big disadvantage here. Thanks, Hag."

Would you prefer bad mages are bad because of bad?"
Amadeus said sarcastically.
"Well learning the terms used by any given society do help in communication my dear."

"Oh, crap. I was pretty sure we were talking about the same people. What's so bad about these Hermetics anyway? Are they all stuck up jerks like Lisa?" she says and laughs softly, nodding at him. "Yeah, I know staying on his good doesn't guarantee he'll say yes, but at least it doesn't guarantee he'll say no either, right?" she says and grins at him.

"Stuck up, yes they are, they have always seen themselves as the only true magickal lineage and everyone else as less than them. However the main reason why I dislike Hermetics is due to old bad blood daughter."
The old mage said and did not seam like he wanted to say anything more about it.
"No, but you will have to convince him of the benefit of allowing your garden."

The girl frowns a bit at his explanation. "So it's more fair to punish someone we know to be 100% innocent right this moment to save an innocent in some unknown future who might be in danger because of her? That's just nuts, Master! The judge might as well kill herself, who knows, she could become a nasty Nephandus in the future too."

"There is quite a difference between a almost complete certainty that something will happen Bianca, and a almost certainty that something will not happen. For Vittoria D'Angelo to fall she would have to willingly sell her soul to the dark Lords of the Nephandi and step into a Caul, or one of her future incarnations would have to and while I do not like the woman I find that possibility highly unlikely, for Beatrice all that need happen is a loss of control for a moment, or for her next incarnation not to be blessed with the same, extremely rare miracle of control and kindness that nearly no widderslainte, do not take lightly on this child."
Amadeus said sadly.

The girls nods at him and follows her adoptive father to Beatrice's room. When she see the girl, her reaction is pretty much the same! She looks happy like a small child who just got a new toy or something, and happily hugs her sister, holding her for several minutes. "Bea! I missed you so much, dear!" she says to the girl's ears while she is hugged, with a few tears dropping from her eyes. After a while, she moves her head away so she can look at the girl. "Wow, you look exactly like the last time I saw you, beautiful as ever!" she says and giggles, finally letting go of her. "I've just arrived. Had a bit of an inconvenience at the airport but it's all good now." the girl nods. "Yeah, three years. I think you were my age when we met. Sure felt like an eternity."

Beatrice smiles happily.
"Yeah, I think I was even younger."
She mutters then she looks at Bianca.
"You look different though, your hair is longer."
The young Verbena commented.
"Now you are a sight for sore eyes, but where are my manners, sister, mentor, please come in and I will make some tea."

Beatrice held the door to her apartment open, it was the same layout as Bianca's new place, though her living room was filled with books, books in shelves and stacked on tables, the floor or even in chairs. Beatrice quickly clear some of the clutter away so her guests can sit and then go to her kitchenette.
"Trouble at the airport you say, what happened?"
The young woman asks in a concerned tone of voice.

On the walls of Beatrice's room where paintings, a few where normal, one portrait of Amadeus for example and a picture of a wondrous city with two suns in the sky overhead. The rest of the pictures showed disturbing images of decay, death and things descending into nothingness, and all of these paintings where done with blood as paint, they where well done, beautifully painted, but quite disturbing.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Jaq on Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:32 pm

Bianca blinks a couple of times at him, a bit shocked and offended. "Are you saying I shouldn't have told you that? Or that I shouldn't trust you, master? Other than you, I only told Ryan himself. He told the others but that's on him." she says and shrugs. "I didn't tell Rosa anything though. It's probably better if she hears it from Ryan, if at all. It's just a bad future we managed to avert, no point in dwelling, I think."

The girl smirks and nods. "Yeah, that would be better, yes." she shrugs slightly. "Well, considering the society I lived in for the last three years consisted of the Hag and myself, yeah I can see what you mean about learning the terms to communicate better. You for example, were there grumpy blonde, the dirty old man and a few others I feel really embarrassed to repeat." she says, equally sarcastic. She listens to his rant about the Hermetics but doesn't go there, especially after it becomes clear he doesn't talk more about it.

She shrugs slightly at him. "Really? I don't know about that master. Who is to say they won't pull something like what they tried to do with Ryan? Threat a dear one to force them go into the caul. Or gang on her to catch her and torture her into submission. Or something like that. Is such a thing so unlikely to happen to her, or yourself, or even the Deacon?" she says and shrugs. I still think it's unfair to punish someone for something they might do. If Beatrice is a miracle, they should thank the goddess for it, rather than just kill her avatar anyway." as she finishes her own rant, she looks embarrassed and blushes. "But that is just my opinion and I'm probably just talking out of my ass. Both you and the judge know better." she says, as if trying to amend or something.

Bianca smiles brightly at her. "Yeah, I haven't cut it for a loooong time now." she says and plays with her own hair a bit. "Do you like it?" she asks expectantly as clearly her sister's opinion means a lot to her. She nods and steps in as she is invited, all politely and shit, knowing how Beatrice values this kind of thing. "So are you. You know you and our good dad here are the reason I moved to this chantry, right?" she says softly and takes a seat. As the girl asks her questions, Bianca shrugs dismissively. "Oh just some minor annoyance. Just some bitch giving me shit. Luckily she realized she had better things to do than to harass people and walked away." she tells her half truth and leaves it at that, not wishing to worry her any more than she already is.

Looking around her room, she immediately notices the painting, though she prefers to not commment on the more bizarre ones, as it would ruin the mood for sure. The portrait of Amadeus does bring a smile to her face though. "Oh, wow! That's so cool! I wish I could draw anything like this." she says and sighs, then looks over to Amadeus with a smirk. "Master, you look a lot more handsome in that painting, you know." she says teasingly and winks playfully at him.
Jaq
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:40 am

"Yeah we are brining her to the airport at the same time, there are no need to go back and forth twice, and besides one less prisoner in our care is one less thing to worry about." The old mage said in a tone of voice that said that he would prefer if that one less prisoner thing happened at the business end of a fireball, but he was a man of his word and so he had secured the woman's freedom in exchanged for information and he would honor that. "And besides I have prepared a letter for her to bring to her people waring them of the Nephandi."

"Very well. What is our transportation plan? And are we going to be going through airport security?" After all, even if she had her mind wiped when she left the Chantry, she would still be privy to details after, unless she was sedated. "I assume the drop point is with the Void Engineers, then? Any particular location?"

"Now as or a Time mage well since Mr Darehill was already attempted recruited yesterday I would say they are putting some effort into acquiring one. Now I am preparing letters of warning to every Chantry in Boston and surrounding cities and when done I would like you to take them with you went you to to teach at the university and drop by Lux Itineris and have the Mercere there deliver them."

"Very well. Do you already have them on hand? My class is after noon. Also, will you be providing an update to our allies?" It was going to be a full day again. He'd have to go from the airport to his class, then take the train, bus or a cab back to the Chantry for the meeting.

"If getting someone who can manipulate Time is that important to the Fallen we need to make sure they do not get one."
Jeffry said then he sigh. "We need to find out where that Labyrinth is and take it down before they get their Lord, no one in this city is safe before that infestation is dealt with."

"I agree; they are gaining strength. There is also the matter of Beatrice's spirit watcher. If there is time to do that before we leave, it might be prudent. As soon as it gets out that there are Nephandi infesting Boston, and that there is one in our basement, fingers will begin to point. As well, the boy will need to go to Horizon as fast as possible, I feel." He frowned. "I do have some small good news, Richard has been able to get a spot with the MRI machine for Narim tomorrow afternoon. I would try to find someone with correspondence to help keep an eye on things, perhaps mind the car, but I heard there were some injuries. Still, I want to ensure the Deacon's safety." Then he spoke again of the Nephandi. "I can only imagine what they want with a time-mage, none of it is good. Still, if their caul is currently in a weak state all the better."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:40 am

--- Wednesday, Airport ---
Colin smiled to Rosa, "Good afternoon, Miss Olsen. Quite the merry chase, wasn't it? Your ride home is waiting. Oh, allow me to introduce Tane Karyak of the Dreamspeakers, and his companion Coawa, of the... changing folk. Um, that's an acceptable term, I hope?" He added with a wary glance at Coawa.

--- Thursday, outside the Council Chamber ---
Colin nodded to Beatrice and Adley when he got to the door. "Good afternoon... Beatrice, would you kindly find us some good seats? I believe Adley had a private matter to address."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:29 am

Bianca Wednesday afternoon:

Bianca blinks a couple of times at him, a bit shocked and offended. "Are you saying I shouldn't have told you that? Or that I shouldn't trust you, master? Other than you, I only told Ryan himself. He told the others but that's on him." she says and shrugs. "I didn't tell Rosa anything though. It's probably better if she hears it from Ryan, if at all. It's just a bad future we managed to avert, no point in dwelling, I think."

"No off course tell me, tell the leaders of the Chantry and close friends. What I am saying is that you need to be careful about when and where you speak of it, not that you have done something wrong now."
The old mage said.
"Now you might have been able to avoid that future, but that it was a possible one, that means Mr Darehill where willing to trade his soul for his apprentice's life and that is rather significant, if your vision where true then he would be a rather easy mark."

The girl smirks and nods. "Yeah, that would be better, yes." she shrugs slightly. "Well, considering the society I lived in for the last three years consisted of the Hag and myself, yeah I can see what you mean about learning the terms to communicate better. You for example, were there grumpy blonde, the dirty old man and a few others I feel really embarrassed to repeat." she says, equally sarcastic. She listens to his rant about the Hermetics but doesn't go there, especially after it becomes clear he doesn't talk more about it.

Amadus grins.
"Well I am still a blond, dirty old man but I am a few other things as well. Also the thing i simply that while it would be nice to see the Technocracy and the Nephandi as simply bad mages that are bad because of bad, reality are a bit more complicated and if we underestimate our enemies we die. Now as for words, well the Traditions have names for some of the things that are unique of mages or to our society and knowing those names makes it far easier to navigate what everyone else is talking about, but yes you will learn in time."

She shrugs slightly at him. "Really? I don't know about that master. Who is to say they won't pull something like what they tried to do with Ryan? Threat a dear one to force them go into the caul. Or gang on her to catch her and torture her into submission. Or something like that. Is such a thing so unlikely to happen to her, or yourself, or even the Deacon?" she says and shrugs.

"Most mages would let a loved one die rather than go into the Caul because we understand whats at stake. The number one duty of a mage is to protect his or her Avatar, they are precious gifts, eternal beings that live inside of us, no one, not even our loved ones are worth corrupting them over as we know that whoever long we live, our lives are just one step in the Avatar's journey. Now could someone be tempted or tortured into a Caul...yes however the Nephandi generally prefer the former. I am not saying that there is not a possibility that any mage can Fall, however a remote possibility of something that are exceedingly unlikely to happen are not the same as are already fallen but somehow not acting like it yet."

I still think it's unfair to punish someone for something they might do. If Beatrice is a miracle, they should thank the goddess for it, rather than just kill her avatar anyway." as she finishes her own rant, she looks embarrassed and blushes. "But that is just my opinion and I'm probably just talking out of my ass. Both you and the judge know better." she says, as if trying to amend or something.

"The world is not fair, what is fair or not is irrelevant. However it is not right. I am saying that D'Angelo are not acting on a whim, there are a reason for her persecution, however I believe that however likely it is not right to punish someone for what they might do in the future, even if that might is a very strong probability. Also the thing this Enforcer are manipulating the law to go after Beatrice, and that is not acceptable."

Later in Beatrice's room:

Bianca smiles brightly at her. "Yeah, I haven't cut it for a loooong time now." she says and plays with her own hair a bit. "Do you like it?" she asks expectantly as clearly her sister's opinion means a lot to her.

Beatrice smiles.
"It is beautiful Bianca, it looks good on you."
The young woman says.

She nods and steps in as she is invited, all politely and shit, knowing how Beatrice values this kind of thing. "So are you. You know you and our good dad here are the reason I moved to this chantry, right?" she says softly and takes a seat. As the girl asks her questions, Bianca shrugs dismissively. "Oh just some minor annoyance. Just some bitch giving me shit. Luckily she realized she had better things to do than to harass people and walked away." she tells her half truth and leaves it at that, not wishing to worry her any more than she already is.

"You are moving here? That is wonderful news."
Beatrice say as she works on the tea, though there is a note of sadness in her voice, what if Adley and the others did not manage to protect her? She did not want Bianca to see her after...after...the young Verbena forced the thought of that from her mind and tried to smile.
"So five minutes after arriving in the city you manage to find trouble eh Bianca? Why am I not surprised."
Beatrice grins then she adds.
"This is a good Chantry for a Hedge Wizard through, you are given full membership and treated as equals, not all Chantries do that."

Looking around her room, she immediately notices the painting, though she prefers to not commment on the more bizarre ones, as it would ruin the mood for sure. The portrait of Amadeus does bring a smile to her face though. "Oh, wow! That's so cool! I wish I could draw anything like this." she says and sighs,

Beatrice smiles as she gets cups from her cupboard and put them on a tray.
"I can teach you to paint if you want sister, it takes practice but anyone can learn."
The young woman say.
"And thank you, your praise means allot of me Bianca."

"Master, you look a lot more handsome in that painting, you know." she says teasingly and winks playfully at him.

"I always look handsome my dear."
Amadeus say with a slight smirk at his failed apprentice.

Adley Thursday:

"Very well. What is our transportation plan? And are we going to be going through airport security?" After all, even if she had her mind wiped when she left the Chantry, she would still be privy to details after, unless she was sedated. "I assume the drop point is with the Void Engineers, then? Any particular location?"

"She is kept sedated now, and our transport plan is my car."
Jeffry said with a slight smile.
"Yes we will give her to the Void Engineers, or rather I am thinking we will be going into the Umbra by the regio boundary by the airport and enter the Umbra docks and jut leave her there, the Void Engineers will eventually find her."
The old mage said, he had little love for the Technocracy's Umbral explorers either even if they where less aggressive towards other mages than most of their kind.

"Very well. Do you already have them on hand? My class is after noon. Also, will you be providing an update to our allies?" It was going to be a full day again. He'd have to go from the airport to his class, then take the train, bus or a cab back to the Chantry for the meeting.

"Yes I do."
Jeffry said he opened a drawer and took out a small pile of letters and a small bag that might contain Tass.
"Here are the letters and here are payment for their delivery."
The old mage said.
"And as always give Laisa my best."
The old war mage said, he was obiously quite fond of the Mercere woman.
"When do your class end? I could send someone to pick you up afterwards."
Jeffry suggested as he knew his apprentice car was quite literary shot.

"I agree; they are gaining strength.

The old mage grunted his displeasure at that.

There is also the matter of Beatrice's spirit watcher. If there is time to do that before we leave, it might be prudent. As soon as it gets out that there are Nephandi infesting Boston, and that there is one in our basement, fingers will begin to point.

Jeffry checked his watch and nodded.
"Yes there is time for that it should not take that long, in fact we might as well just use my office such a ritual do not require to much space to perform, and I agree the sooner Miss Alexander is being watched and can prove her innocence the better."

As well, the boy will need to go to Horizon as fast as possible, I feel." He frowned.

"There is a ship going to Horizon this evening he will be on it with Miss Gottschalk and Mr Rush for escorts."
Jeffry said then he smiles.
"Miss Gottschalk gave me an earful about it as she had to find a sitter for her apprentice, my my that woman can scowl."
The Security Chief said and sounded quite amused, not many at the Chantry dared to stand up to him.

He frowned. "I do have some small good news, Richard has been able to get a spot with the MRI machine for Narim tomorrow afternoon. I would try to find someone with correspondence to help keep an eye on things, perhaps mind the car, but I heard there were some injuries. Still, I want to ensure the Deacon's safety."

"That is good news, I will inform Narim. I will send someone with him that can keep him safe until he is back at the Chantry."
Jeffry said sand nodded.
"I will not let anyone attack him now while he is still recovering from the Paradox Spirit's attack."
The old war mage said and got an angry look in his eyes, what the Spirit had done to his mind was still fresh in his memory.

Then he spoke again of the Nephandi. "I can only imagine what they want with a time-mage, none of it is good. Still, if their caul is currently in a weak state all the better."

"Yes I agree, hopefully we can kill that thing before it gain strength."
Jeffry said then he stood and performed the small rite to open his pocket realm and withdrew his own wand and ritual dagger as well as the piece of paper with Beatrice's blood."
"Let us see if we can not find a spirit to watch young Miss Beatrice shall we, I have just the one in mind, a lesser denizen of the High Umbra who is a Spirit of truth."
The old mage said.
"Now if you will assist in the working mea filius, I will call the spirit, but since you are closer to Miss Alexander than I you should set it on it's task."
The old mage said and picked up his very plain ritual tools, a simple polished piece of wood from the tree that had been struck by lightening and a simple steel blade.
"Are you ready or is there anything else you wish to address before we begin?"

Colin Wednesday airport:

Rosa smiles to the Orphan.
"Yeah sorry about that Mr Wainwright, I had to move around the airport a bit to avoid madame super bitch from finding me."
The young mage said then she looks to Tane and Coawa.
"Hello Mr Karyak I am Rosa Olsen bani Cult of Extasy...and hellow Coawa...ehm..."
Rosa blinked then looked at Colin.
"Changing folk, you mean he is...ohh I knew there had to be other supernaturals out there but I have never met one before, that that I know of anyway."
The young woman take Coawa's hand.
"Nice to meet you."

Coawa glances at Colin and nods that the term is acceptable then he shakes the young woman's hand.
"Oh I suspect you have met a few of both this and that kind Rosa, you just do not know it."
He said with a toothy grin.

Colin and Adley Thursday right before the strategy meeting:

Beatrice smiles to Colin and nods.
"Good afternoon yes"
She said then she added.
"I will be right inside."
The young Verbena said, she did not want to intrude so she entered the Council Chambers themselves and walked over to the coffee maker and made herself useful by brewing a pot to give Adley and Colin space to talk.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:16 am

"She is kept sedated now, and our transport plan is my car." Jeffry said with a slight smile. "Yes we will give her to the Void Engineers, or rather I am thinking we will be going into the Umbra by the regio boundary by the airport and enter the Umbra docks and jut leave her there

"You always were in favour of keeping things simple," he said with a nod. "As you wish. And then we will pick up Master Telar, I assume. Will you be needing me after, for the return trip?"

"Yes I do." Jeffry said he opened a drawer and took out a small pile of letters and a small bag that might contain Tass. "Here are the letters and here are payment for their delivery." The old mage said. "And as always give Laisa my best."

He took the letters and payment and put them away. "I shall pass on your regards."

"When do your class end? I could send someone to pick you up afterwards." Jeffry suggested as he knew his apprentice car was quite literary shot.

He looked as if he was going to protest out of the sheer embarrassment and troubling someone, feeling like an errant teenager. Of course the truth was even worse than that. His embarrassment began to creep across his face but he tried to ignore it. He remembered Hank waiting to get let out of the gate and sighed, thinking it would be his luck to be stuck on the train when he needed to be back by 5. "Class ends at 3, I usually try to stay for questions until half past." Well, he would owe some one a ride and sit on his pride, but not for ease. Because he absolutely had to be somewhere.

"Yes there is time for that it should not take that long, in fact we might as well just use my office such a ritual do not require to much space to perform, and I agree the sooner Miss Alexander is being watched and can prove her innocence the better."

"Good."

"There is a ship going to Horizon this evening he will be on it with Miss Gottschalk and Mr Rush for escorts." Jeffry said then he smiles. "Miss Gottschalk gave me an earful about it as she had to find a sitter for her apprentice, my my that woman can scowl." The Security Chief said and sounded quite amused, not many at the Chantry dared to stand up to him.

Adley frowned a little. "Does Colin need to go with them tonight?" Then he tried to imagine the Chorister yelling at him and seemed amused. "She will understand. Both of them will."

"That is good news, I will inform Narim. I will send someone with him that can keep him safe until he is back at the Chantry." Jeffry said sand nodded. "I will not let anyone attack him now while he is still recovering from the Paradox Spirit's attack."

He gave him any details Richard gave him and then said, "That is good. I don't want him harmed again either, not by the Technocracy nor anyone or thing else. I would say someone should escort him, if not Richard...someone for the car. But I am sure you know best." He wanted to go himself, that much was plain but he did not fit his own criteria, someone to watch the car. Even so he felt as if he should be there. There were too many places he felt he should be.

Jeffry said then he stood and performed the small rite to open his pocket realm and withdrew his own wand and ritual dagger as well as the piece of paper with Beatrice's blood. "Let us see if we can not find a spirit to watch young Miss Beatrice shall we, I have just the one in mind, a lesser denizen of the High Umbra who is a Spirit of truth.

He nodded at that. "That would be a good choice. Beatrice also gave me her working name as I said, so I believe we have all we need."

"Now if you will assist in the working mea filius, I will call the spirit, but since you are closer to Miss Alexander than I you should set it on it's task." The old mage said and picked up his very plain ritual tools, a simple polished piece of wood from the tree that had been struck by lightening and a simple steel blade. "Are you ready or is there anything else you wish to address before we begin?"

He reached out for the paper with the blood on it, pulling it over to him. He took a pen from his bag. For a minute, he spent thinking of exactly what to direct the spirit to do, as that was critical. In the context of judicial matters, of being a sort of witness of the true happenstances, to try to keep Beatrice from falling to illegitimate claims against her. He  then carefully drew a double circle around the blood and added Beatrice's working name in Greek and then put it back on the table. "It will need to be burned; we thought it better to release it with the work than leave it in the physical," he explained. "Can this spirit you are calling manifest itself on the physical by its own accord once bound to its duty? For example, should something happen to Beatrice, and the judge comes after her, can this spirit appear or would it have to be called upon again?" Some spirits could, others could not, and some could but didn't generally like to do so or vice versa. Since he did not know this spirit, he thought it best to ask what it could do, or not do beforehand.

(5 pm)
Colin nodded to Beatrice and Adley when he got to the door. "Good afternoon... Beatrice, would you kindly find us some good seats? I believe Adley had a private matter to address."

"Good afternoon yes" She said then she added. "I will be right inside."

"Thank you, we'll be in momentarily," he said to Beatrice and then closed the door. He turned to Colin and tilted his head a little. "It seems I have been trying to catch you all day. Do forgive me for not making it to your space today. But there are two things that I need to speak to you about. One is regarding our guest," he said. "Your promise, while made in nothing but good faith, has made something of a tangle of things. It is good to think about what a promise might entail when it is not solely upon you to fulfill it. There were unintended consequences as well that have put Beatrice at more risk. I am glad you are a man of your word, Colin, truly. But we both need to consider matters from a perspective we are not entirely used to - that of mage law - and must be cautious as to how, why, to whom and even where we give our word." He frowned slightly. "I am not entirely clean of slate over the last two days myself; I am not telling you this out of anything other than a need for us to think like those that would use even a good deed against us.

He paused and then added, "I talked to Susanna's former cabal mate, Jeremy, this morning. I believe we should tell them what we know about them at this meeting. What I discovered though it is not an exact path but it does look like she succeeded. Which makes what the judge did all the more heinous."

Last edited by s7trif3 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 5pm!)
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:48 am

Adley Wednesday:

"You always were in favour of keeping things simple," he said with a nod. "As you wish. And then we will pick up Master Telar, I assume. Will you be needing me after, for the return trip?"

"If something can be kept simple I favor it is and no I will not be needing you for the return trip. I simply need someone to keep an eye on Agnet Kessinger until we drop her off.

He took the letters and payment and put them away. "I shall pass on your regards."

"Thank you."
The old mage aid and nodded.

He looked as if he was going to protest out of the sheer embarrassment and troubling someone, feeling like an errant teenager. Of course the truth was even worse than that. His embarrassment began to creep across his face but he tried to ignore it. He remembered Hank waiting to get let out of the gate and sighed, thinking it would be his luck to be stuck on the train when he needed to be back by 5. "Class ends at 3, I usually try to stay for questions until half past." Well, he would owe some one a ride and sit on his pride, but not for ease. Because he absolutely had to be somewhere.

Jeffry Morgan pretended that he did not see his apprentice's embarrassment, he had no desire to add to it by commenting on it.
"Very well then, half past three."
The old mage said and made a note of it in his day planner that he seamed to always have in hi pocked ready for use.
"I will send someone."

Adley frowned a little. "Does Colin need to go with them tonight?" Then he tried to imagine the Chorister yelling at him and seemed amused. "She will understand. Both of them will."

"No, tonight when they arrive Mr Dale will be taken to one of the shielded cells reserved for mages up on Horizon, then there will be a couple of days before the trial begin and the trial will take a few days, so I would say it would be a week or two before your Cabalmate need to be there, even if the result of the trial are forgone conclusion, all the steps needs to be adhered to."
Jeffry said then he smiles.
"Yes I do expect Miss Gottschalk will understand, and there are plenty of mages here that are willing to care for her young apprentice for a few days, but pleased, she was not."
The old mage said in an amused tone of voice.

He gave him any details Richard gave him and then said, "That is good. I don't want him harmed again either, not by the Technocracy nor anyone or thing else. I would say someone should escort him, if not Richard...someone for the car. But I am sure you know best." He wanted to go himself, that much was plain but he did not fit his own criteria, someone to watch the car. Even so he felt as if he should be there. There were too many places he felt he should be.

Jeffry noted the information down in his day planner.
"Mr Sharaya is a Deacon of this Chantry I will send an escort. Dr Lee will probably be there but yes I will send someone who can watch the car and someone who can help defend Mr Sharaya if need be, you do not need to worry."
The old mage said he looked at his apprentice, it was clear he wanted to go, but it might be a waste of his time as there where others better suited for the assignment. However if his apprentice felt at accompanying the older mage and making sure he was safe was important, it might not be a bad idea to send him anyway.
"If you wish I can send you along as Master Sharaya's bodyguard until he is safely back at the Chantry."

He nodded at that. "That would be a good choice. Beatrice also gave me her working name as I said, so I believe we have all we need."

Jeffry nodded.
"Ah that will be useful, Miss Alexander are one of the Verbena who keep her working name a secret are she not, in fact all three of our Verbena are, meaning it is deeply personal. Yes we should get this done."
The old mage considered then he nodded.
"Yes I think he should be powerful enough to manifest by itself, though such a act is not easy for it. It will not need to be called again though, once set to it's task it can be seen around Beatrice until it is released from it's task and then either leaves or are banished."

The old mage said as he breathed out deeply and made himself ready for ritual. He begun by establishing the four corners but he worked quickly and did only what was needed, however since this was a denizen of the High Umbra a certain degree of etiquette and flair was needed in it's summoning to keep it content. Once a space of power had been established Jeffry chanted first in Latin and then in Enochian before he called the Spirit by name, the old mage's magick like everything else was practical, simple and straightforward. Aftera few moments there was a feeling of light and hope in the air and the smell of ancient books and then the spirit manifested, he was a humanoid shape dressed in a long robe, his entire form made up of nothing but light.
"Hello old friend."
Jeffry said, the man had always had a special connection to the Umbrood he worked with, some said that with a different set of circumstances he would have made a good Dreamspeaker.
"You have called me to serve what is it that you want of me."
The spirit said formally but then it bobbed it's head to Jeffry as if it knew the old mage well. Your mentor motioned for you to set the spirit to it's task as he prepared a small flame, conjured with his magick, to rest at the tip of his ritual dagger for the paper to be burned in, yes he preferred things simple but that did not mean he did not have a flair for the dramatic now and again when the fancy struck him.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:03 am

Colin smiled, "Well then, ladies and gentlemen, I believe our ride home is waiting. Shall we?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:43 am

Colin, Tane and Bianca Wednesday airport.

Ryan nods he begin the lead the group of mages out of the airport, it was best to get out as quickly as possible. The group get almost to the exist when Coawa suddenly stiffen and looks behind him.
"I feel something strongly tainted by the Qyrl...ehm Wyrm..."
The Wereshark said and corrected himself with a more common term.
Ryan looks back as well.
"I do not see anything but perhaps we should pick up the pace."
The Cultist said.
"That woman who attacked Bianca and Rosa could be in the Umbra watching us, or be hiding in the crowd."
"Yeah I say we are not prepared to face her right now, let us just get to the cars."
Rosa muttered frightened.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:10 pm

Wednesday airport:

Bianca had smiled at Ryan just before Rosa arrived. "It's alright, I'm happy at how well you took it. Some people would be mad at me for 'spewing lies' and the like." she says softly.

The girl nods at her newest friend twice. "Yeah, I definitely should." she says, agreeing to her about getting a phone for herself, shrugging at her right after. "She wouldn't tell me. Your mentor wasn't there to warn me we aren't in a movie where the villain reveals their plan in some monologue." she says and winks teasingly at Ryan, looking back to the other girl. "Yeah, they're probably the only reason I'm here right now. The crazy bitch spotted them approaching and left, and then they went after her."

She blinks a couple of times as Colin reveals Coawa's nature and smiles at him. "Oh, I didn't know that. It's pretty awesome to find another servant of the goddess in a place such as this." she says in a respectful tone and nods to Rosa in agreement. "Yep. It's not what we're here for anyway. We should get out while we can."
Jaq
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:44 pm

Wednesday airport:

Ryan nodded he smiles a little.
"I know how it is to have visions, and there where things in your that you could not have otherwise known."
He merely said.

"I will take you shopping for a new phone tomorrow then."
Rosa said and smiles. Ryan grins.
"How impractical of real bad guys eh, that they do not take to monologuing?"
The says with a smile, obviously quite relieved that his apprentice had been found.
"Crats helping a Tradition mage, now that is something new, well lucky they where there then."
Said Rosa as the group started moving.

Coaawa looks at Bianca and nods.
"Well we serve the sea rather than Gaia but close enough."
He mutters with a slight smile before he stiffen and begin to walk about of Wyrm.
"I feel something strongly tainted by the Qyrl...ehm Wyrm..."
The others in the group start discussing whatever or not they should hurry out of the airport.
"I think we should just get to the car and get out of here."
Mutters Ryan.
"If that Nephandus is watching us there is little we can do about it."
Says the Cultist and pick up the phase as much as he can without it looking suspicious.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:34 pm

"Very well then, half past three." The old mage said and made a note of it in his day planner that he seamed to always have in his pocked ready for use. "I will send someone."

"Thank you, have them give me a call so I know where they will be." And who to expect and owe a favour to. He waited for the feeling of embarrassment to fade, focusing on necessity.

"No, tonight when they arrive Mr Dale will be taken to one of the shielded cells reserved for mages up on Horizon, then there will be a couple of days before the trial begin and the trial will take a few days, so I would say it would be a week or two before your Cabalmate need to be there, even if the result of the trial are forgone conclusion, all the steps needs to be adhered to."

He nodded at that. It was hard not to think of the teenager, sitting in a cell awaiting that fate for over a week. Still, for now what was done was done. It did make him wonder why some widderslainte did not seem to follow the pattern, what made some few people able to harbour such an avatar and not easily be influenced. "Very well, I will let Colin know that he might be expected then." Who knew what would happen between now and then?

"Yes I do expect Miss Gottschalk will understand, and there are plenty of mages here that are willing to care for her young apprentice for a few days, but pleased, she was not. "The old mage said in an amused tone of voice.

That was true enough. The shy girl was polite and likely easy to take care of but Ms Gottschalk was understandably cautious of who took care of her and no doubt preferred to spend her own time with her.

"Mr Sharaya is a Deacon of this Chantry I will send an escort. Dr Lee will probably be there but yes I will send someone who can watch the car and someone who can help defend Mr Sharaya if need be, you do not need to worry...If you wish I can send you along as Master Sharaya's bodyguard until he is safely back at the Chantry."

"If there are others that are better suited to the task, pater I would not wish my desire to get in the way of what should be done. That would only work cross purposes in any event, he should have the most appropriate people watch him for the task," he said.

"Ah that will be useful, Miss Alexander are one of the Verbena who keep her working name a secret are she not, in fact all three of our Verbena are, meaning it is deeply personal. Yes we should get this done...Yes I think he should be powerful enough to manifest by itself, though such a act is not easy for it. It will not need to be called again though, once set to it's task it can be seen around Beatrice until it is released from it's task and then either leaves or are banished."

"I see," Adley said with a nod. Then, since he was going to be speaking to the spirit himself, he began a chant to himself in Latin touching his ears and throat. "Me audite, loqui; Loquere mihi audire. Regnum verba praeterague nihil. Pax voluntas, fiat Voluntate mea [Hear me, I speak; speak to me, I listen. Nothing escapes the command of the Holy Word - let there be peace, it is done by my Will."]

//Sp2, speak with spirits: 6,2 - if it looks like a fizzle, he'll try again (with a penalty I assume, but I'll be away from my dice till later) - so I'll respond to the rest when I get back = )
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:57 pm

"Thank you, have them give me a call so I know where they will be." And who to expect and owe a favour to. He waited for the feeling of embarrassment to fade, focusing on necessity.

Jeffry nodded.
"I will do that."

He nodded at that. It was hard not to think of the teenager, sitting in a cell awaiting that fate for over a week. Still, for now what was done was done. It did make him wonder why some widderslainte did not seem to follow the pattern, what made some few people able to harbour such an avatar and not easily be influenced. "Very well, I will let Colin know that he might be expected then." Who knew what would happen between now and then?

Jeffry nodded, if he felt compassion for the young Nephandus, he did not show it, but he probably did, even if the old mage did not approve of what the teenager had done, it was hard not to feel for someone who had that fate in store for him.
"Good, and we have to decide who will be Mr Wainwright's escort, you should ask him if he have anyone in mind, also you should remind him that Horizon might not be a safe place for him, he will be looked down at for not belonging to a Tradition, and some take discrimination from dislike to action."

"If there are others that are better suited to the task, pater I would not wish my desire to get in the way of what should be done. That would only work cross purposes in any event, he should have the most appropriate people watch him for the task," he said.

The old war mage nodded.
"Rest assured that Mr Sharaya will be well cared for until he is well again."
Jeffry said he understood his apprentice's need to help the young Master of the Art.
"We will see I will select the ones most likely to provide the best protection."
The war mage said.

The spirit do not seam to pay Adley much mind, it registers that the younger mage is there but do not speak to him nor do it seam to impressed.

(Yeah that is just why of what you need, you can try again with one more in difficulty as a penalty and also do it as an extended roll, since the working is simple let us say each roll will then take about 2 minutes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:15 pm

(Ooc Richard will escort as needed is not afraid to shun bodyguard duty. Besides he has to work the equipment

Ashan101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq on Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:23 pm

Anja Rebekka Schultze wrote:Bianca Wednesday afternoon:

"No off course tell me, tell the leaders of the Chantry and close friends. What I am saying is that you need to be careful about when and where you speak of it, not that you have done something wrong now."
The old mage said.
"Now you might have been able to avoid that future, but that it was a possible one, that means Mr Darehill where willing to trade his soul for his apprentice's life and that is rather significant, if your vision where true then he would be a rather easy mark."

Bianca sighs in relief as he speaks and nods. "Do not worry, master. I won't say a thing to anyone else. I don't think Ryan is a bad guy though, and I don't want him to get in trouble with the leaders because of me." she says and nods again at him. "Why yes, that is true. However it can also mean he will give it a lot more thought if something like this happens next time, no? There is one thing that bugs me though. As soon as she figured my plan, Lisa said I would have to do, and that all I needed to do was lure Ryan to her. So maybe Rosa isn't actually her bargaining chip to corrupt Ryan?" she says and shrugs softly. "You are the first person I'm mentioning that, by the way." she quickly adds.

Amadus grins.
"Well I am still a blond, dirty old man but I am a few other things as well. Also the thing i simply that while it would be nice to see the Technocracy and the Nephandi as simply bad mages that are bad because of bad, reality are a bit more complicated and if we underestimate our enemies we die. Now as for words, well the Traditions have names for some of the things that are unique of mages or to our society and knowing those names makes it far easier to navigate what everyone else is talking about, but yes you will learn in time".

She shrugs. "Well, just like you are blonde and dirty, they are bad. Of course there is more to it, but both are true, no?" she says playfully. "Don't worry though, I can learn somewhat fast. Next time someone mentions Barabbi or Caul I will know what they are talking about." she says. As he goes on with his thoughts about the Nephandi, she nods silently, believing it is not worth adding or refuting anything at this point.

Beatrice smiles.
"It is beautiful Bianca, it looks good on you."
The young woman says.
"You are moving here? That is wonderful news."
Beatrice say as she works on the tea, though there is a note of sadness in her voice, what if Adley and the others did not manage to protect her? She did not want Bianca to see her after...after...the young Verbena forced the thought of that from her mind and tried to smile.
"So five minutes after arriving in the city you manage to find trouble eh Bianca? Why am I not surprised."
Beatrice grins then she adds.
"This is a good Chantry for a Hedge Wizard through, you are given full membership and treated as equals, not all Chantries do that."
"I can teach you to paint if you want sister, it takes practice but anyone can learn."
The young woman say.
"And thank you, your praise means allot of me Bianca."
"I always look handsome my dear."
Amadeus say with a slight smirk at his failed apprentice.

Bianca grins at her. "Nice! The Old Hag once gave me a lot of crap for not taking care of my own appearance and what not, so she taught me a few tricks to keep it tidy all the time." she beams proudly and nods eagerly. "Yes I am! I'm not leaving you all of a sudden this time, promise!" she says and glances to Amadeus playfully frowning, as if blaming him for the last time they got separated, obviously joking though.

The hint of sadness doesn't escape the Hedge Wizard, who is well aware of the probable cause of such a sadness, but as Beatrice decides not to talk about it, Bianca just plays along with her, knowing that Beatrice wouldn't hesitate to bring the subject to her if she wanted to, and feigns revolt. "Hey, I am innocent this time! It's not my fault and gorgeous and beautiful and she was ugly and old, is it?!" she says in a playful tone and nods at her. "Yeah, that's a good thing. It's not the Hag ever treated me as an equal anyway, and I'm very grateful for that! But here? Yeah it's great. I've met some pretty colorful people so far." she says and laughs.

She smiles brightly at her sister as she offers. "I'd love to, Bea! I think your art is pretty awesome, but I have zero skills with the brush though. I've always been more of a pencil girl." she says softly and nods. "But yeah, it's a promise." she says and grins at her, turning to Amadeus with a crooked smile. "Well, you had better be, or no one will believe you have such pretty daughters like us, right Bea?"
Jaq
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:48 pm

(OOC: Yeah Richard would be going, and probably someone who would watch the car as well so that Richard have backup.)

Bianca Wednesday Chantry:

Bianca sighs in relief as he speaks and nods. "Do not worry, master. I won't say a thing to anyone else. I don't think Ryan is a bad guy though, and I don't want him to get in trouble with the leaders because of me." she says and nods again at him.

"Good and yes Mr Darehill is a kind man, perhaps to kind. It is less the leaders of the Chantry I worry about, they know enough not to point fingers over a vision, it is more the general populace at the Chantry that might glance at someone sideways if they heard of such a vision."
The old mage said.

"Why yes, that is true. However it can also mean he will give it a lot more thought if something like this happens next time, no? There is one thing that bugs me though. As soon as she figured my plan, Lisa said I would have to do, and that all I needed to do was lure Ryan to her. So maybe Rosa isn't actually her bargaining chip to corrupt Ryan?" she says and shrugs softly. "You are the first person I'm mentioning that, by the way." she quickly adds.

"Hum...that is a disturbing thought...we will have to discuss it with Chief Morgan even if I do not want to, he is in charge of security for the Chantry, even if I do not like him, and if Ryan is in danger of being targeted more directly than just with the safety of his apprentice when we need to find out how and why, which mean Morgan need to be involved."
Amadeus said in a concerned tone of voice.

She shrugs. "Well, just like you are blonde and dirty, they are bad. Of course there is more to it, but both are true, no?" she says playfully. "Don't worry though, I can learn somewhat fast. Next time someone mentions Barabbi or Caul I will know what they are talking about." she says. As he goes on with his thoughts about the Nephandi, she nods silently, believing it is not worth adding or refuting anything at this point.

"True yes, accurate no. Hum...I will have to give you a couple of lessons in Tradition culture and terminology it seams, but that can wait."
The old mage mushed.
"But I will put it on my to do list."

Bianca grins at her. "Nice! The Old Hag once gave me a lot of crap for not taking care of my own appearance and what not, so she taught me a few tricks to keep it tidy all the time." she beams proudly and nods eagerly. "Yes I am! I'm not leaving you all of a sudden this time, promise!" she says and glances to Amadeus playfully frowning, as if blaming him for the last time they got separated, obviously joking though.

Beatrice smiles softly.
"Ah do not blame Amadeus sister, he got you the best mentor he possibly can and are probably paying favors to the Hag for taking you in."
The young Verbena said, Amadeus said nothing but by the look in his blue eyes it was clear that what his apprentice where saying was probably true.
"I am just glad to have you back Bianca, let us not dwell on the past, and it is good you where not there to...well there where troubles after you left and as my sister someone could have easily targeted you, no you where safer with the Hag and you got a first class education."
Beatrice said as she found tea bags, honey and cream and put it on the tray neatly.

The hint of sadness doesn't escape the Hedge Wizard, who is well aware of the probable cause of such a sadness, but as Beatrice decides not to talk about it, Bianca just plays along with her, knowing that Beatrice wouldn't hesitate to bring the subject to her if she wanted to, and feigns revolt. "Hey, I am innocent this time! It's not my fault and gorgeous and beautiful and she was ugly and old, is it?!" she says in a playful tone and nods at her. "Yeah, that's a good thing. It's not the Hag ever treated me as an equal anyway, and I'm very grateful for that! But here? Yeah it's great. I've met some pretty colorful people so far." she says and laughs.

"Well you are not the Hag's equal sister, not yet, just like I am not Amadeus' equal, what I am talking about however i that many Chantries treat linear magic users such as you as little but servants, something I find appalling, I wonder how long many of those would have lasted in a one on one magickal duel with the Hag, but non the less my point is, here at Steelhaven you can make a good life for yourself and you will be judged on ability, not what primal force your magic are aligned to."
Beatrice said as she walked over to the table with the tray and begin serving tea to her mentor, her sister and herself.

She smiles brightly at her sister as she offers. "I'd love to, Bea! I think your art is pretty awesome, but I have zero skills with the brush though. I've always been more of a pencil girl." she says softly and nods. "But yeah, it's a promise." she says and grins at her, turning to Amadeus with a crooked smile. "Well, you had better be, or no one will believe you have such pretty daughters like us, right Bea?"

"Well drop by my room any time Bianca and we will start with pencils and the basics."
Beatrice said, it would be good to have something to do together with her sister. Amadeus just grins, though Beatrice who had always been more formal and soft spoken than her sister blushed and looked down.
"Well I am hardly a vision to behold Bianca, you praise me to highly, also I do not think appearance traits are inherited from your magickal teacher."
The young Verbena said then finally she cracked a smile.
"Or you might have a problem coming Bianca considering your official mentor is the Hag."
Beatrice said jokingly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:40 pm

Wednesday Bianca's room:

Bianca nods at Amadeus with a smile. "I'm glad to hear that, I'd hate more witch hunting on people who might do wrong. Yeah, Ryan was getting pretty freaked out about this, so I told him he only did in it the vision because of Rosa, but Lisa made it pretty clear that having Rosa would just make things easier. In fact she said she'd spare her if I brought Ryan to her. I will speak to the your good friend Chief Morgan whenever you wish. I will detail everything then. The second vision I had was slightly different than the first, after Lisa left." she says with a concerned look, noticing how Amadeus reacted to this information. She grins at him. "I look forward to learning more alien words from you, Master." she says in a playful tone.

Beatrice's room:

The girl was obviously joking around, as she would never hold a grudge against him, let alone over something like this. She was about to protest when Beatrice mentioned the big favor and Amadeus pretty much confirmed it with his silence. She blinks a couple of times and looks over to the man. "Is that true? What sort of favor do you owe the hag over something like this?" she asks, too scared to even imagine what that devilish woman has in store for the poor master.

She nods in agreement at Beatrice. "Well, yeah, you're right. It's not worth it, we should focus on the present instead, right? Yeah, the Hag is a hardass but I can't deny I learned a lot from her. She's really good. I actually like her a lot like a... asshole granny? Of course, if anyone tell her that, I will deny it to death." the girl says and nods again. "Yeah, I know. I'm just messing around. I assume I'll be at the bottom of the food chain, maybe with Rosa, but honestly, that doesn't bother me one bit. I mean, being someone else's servant would stink, because I already serve 'someone' else, but if I can help at all, I'm happy." she says and shrugs.

Bianca takes the cup of tea and nods in thanks, sipping it before speaking again. "Sure! It will be cool to have a nice teacher for a change." she says softly and sighs, remembering her sister's tendency to take things too literally. The girl grins at her. "Oh, don't know? We are officially adopted by papa Amadeus over here." she says and winces at her remark about looking like the Hag. "Jeez, are you cursing me or something? The Hag does look very cute when she wants to, though."

Jaq
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:34 pm

Colin strode to the door, whipping out a monocle and quickly scanning the outside and inside for likely immediate threats.
((OOC: Basically, Watch the Weaving to spot anything stronger than a Sleeper within the immediate vicinity, Arete roll 5, 0. Not trying to pinpoint or distinguish between every Mage, just get an approximate idea of where there are, well, beings of some power. The whole group of us, for example, should light up pretty clearly. Wink ))

--- Thursday, 5PM ---
((OOC: Duckfammit, I only now noticed you'd edited the post. Shocked ))
Colin nodded, thoughtfully. "I take it you are referring to either my promise of doing what I could to arrange a safe release of Agent Kessinger, or my promise of doing what I could to ensure Patrick Dale would not suffer needlessly? In case of the former, it was not so much a matter of good faith, but rather that I've got military training. The Geneva Conventions is still rather fresh in mind. You might not understand that notion quite as well, not being a sleeper veteran yourself, but proper treatment of prisoners of war - and last I checked, we are formally at war with the Technocracy - was hammered pretty deeply into us in officers' training. As for my promise to make sure young Mr. Dale was taken care of... yes, that was a bit careless of me; Chief Morgan is making the arrangements for my trip to Horizon, and I am paying the price for that, one way or the other. Fortunately - in a manner of speaking - I may not have to kill the boy in person; Chief Morgan did outline the usual... manner of execution connected to the procedure. But I still have an obligation to see for myself that he's not left to suffer instead. Should he choose to live, rather than be executed on the spot... I will have to take care of him, one way or the other. I will not see him discarded in a proverbial back alley to fend for himself, as it were."
Colin sighed deeply. "As for Micah Gregario, I'm afraid it slipped my mind today, between a few more uplifting matters. I'll place a call after the meeting and a ranking procedure Chief Morgan arranged for me - after which I'll join the rest of you. Beatrice's apartment for dinner, was it not?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:40 pm

Wednesday Bianca's apartment:

Bianca nods at Amadeus with a smile. "I'm glad to hear that, I'd hate more witch hunting on people who might do wrong. Yeah, Ryan was getting pretty freaked out about this, so I told him he only did in it the vision because of Rosa, but Lisa made it pretty clear that having Rosa would just make things easier. In fact she said she'd spare her if I brought Ryan to her.

Amadeus looks concerned.
"This is not good news, I worry for Mr Darehill."
The old mage said.
"I wonder what that woman have in mind."

I will speak to the your good friend Chief Morgan whenever you wish. I will detail everything then. The second vision I had was slightly different than the first, after Lisa left." she says with a concerned look,

"We should go and see him once you have said hello to you Sister. Please give me the details of the second vision."
The old mage said, he sounded quite concerned.

noticing how Amadeus reacted to this information. She grins at him. "I look forward to learning more alien words from you, Master." she says in a playful tone.

"I am so glad you find the terminology of our society to be...alien daughter."
Amadeus said, he tried to sound stern but then a grin spread on his face showing that he was joking.
"Perhaps I will just make you a dictionary."

Wednesday Beatrice's apartment:

The girl was obviously joking around, as she would never hold a grudge against him, let alone over something like this. She was about to protest when Beatrice mentioned the big favor and Amadeus pretty much confirmed it with his silence. She blinks a couple of times and looks over to the man. "Is that true? What sort of favor do you owe the hag over something like this?" she asks, too scared to even imagine what that devilish woman has in store for the poor master.

Amadeus sigh and nods.
"Yes it is true, and what favors I owe her? Significant onces that she have yet to claim. However even if your training where expensive Bianca it was worth it. I brought you into the supernatural world but I could not train you, when I tried to teach you just where not developing, with the Hag you got the education you deserve and now have a good foundation to build on to develop your magic, it is the least I could do after getting you involved with all this."
The old mage said with a smile.

She nods in agreement at Beatrice. "Well, yeah, you're right. It's not worth it, we should focus on the present instead, right? Yeah, the Hag is a hardass but I can't deny I learned a lot from her. She's really good. I actually like her a lot like a... asshole granny? Of course, if anyone tell her that, I will deny it to death."

Beatrice grinned.
"A death that would come all to soon if the Hag ever heard you called her asshole granny."
The young Verbena joked as she leaned back in her chair and sipped her tea.
"However she is one of the most respected Hedge Wizards of our Tradition, I think one can put up with some eccentricity then."

the girl says and nods again. "Yeah, I know. I'm just messing around. I assume I'll be at the bottom of the food chain, maybe with Rosa, but honestly, that doesn't bother me one bit. I mean, being someone else's servant would stink, because I already serve 'someone' else, but if I can help at all, I'm happy." she says and shrugs.

"You can help out allot Bianca, and a Hedge Wizard can be as powerful as a true mage, you are only more bound to your ways of doing things, your art is more static, not weaker. Now at Steelhaven you do not have to worry about being treated as a servant, you will be a full member of the Chantry."
Beatrice said with a smile before she sipped her tea again.

Bianca takes the cup of tea and nods in thanks, sipping it before speaking again. "Sure! It will be cool to have a nice teacher for a change." she says softly

Beatrice smiles and nods.

and sighs, remembering her sister's tendency to take things too literally. The girl grins at her. "Oh, don't know? We are officially adopted by papa Amadeus over here." she says and winces at her remark about looking like the Hag. "Jeez, are you cursing me or something? The Hag does look very cute when she wants to, though."

Beatrice looked a bit shocked, she would never call Amadeus for papa, he was Mentor or Amadeus.
"Just joking, just joking, you are lovely Bianca and I am sure the Hag can be a darling when she want to. I have only briefly met her at a Tribunal so I do not really know her."
The young Verbena said and took another sip of her tea.

Colin Wednesday airport.

(It would not be watch the weaving as that is for watching spells, but you can do similar rotes to see Quintessence, or try to see if someone have a supernatural nature.)

You do not see allot, there is a young woman dressed in a kiosk clerk's uniform that have slightly more Quintessence in her system than usual, she might be a lesser Hedge Wizard perhaps, other than that you see very little other than your own group, at least on this side of the Gauntlet.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:52 pm

Colin pocketed the monocle again and nodded, "Looks clear enough, but best hurry. Go, go, go!"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:02 am

"Good, and we have to decide who will be Mr Wainwright's escort, you should ask him if he have anyone in mind, also you should remind him that Horizon might not be a safe place for him, he will be looked down at for not belonging to a Tradition, and some take discrimination from dislike to action."

"I will let him know the difficulties."

"Rest assured that Mr Sharaya will be well cared for until he is well again." Jeffry said he understood his apprentice's need to help the young Master of the Art. "We will see I will select the ones most likely to provide the best protection."

"Thank you," he replied. He didn't want it to seem as if he had any doubts that he would pick the right team, because he did not. Nor did he want to seem as if he were over-worrying, which he probably -was.- Neither was appropriate.

The spirit do not seam to pay Adley much mind, it registers that the younger mage is there but do not speak to him nor do it seam to impressed.

That's what he got for trying to take a shorter route, he supposed. Adley got the distinct impression that he was the youngest at the kid's table and was being politely reminded to speak when spoken to; or, a second-day apprentice at a table full of Archmagus having an important conversation. This wasn't the sort of Umbrood that he often saw or spoke with; perhaps he'd offended it...or perhaps he just seemed beneath its notice, or an upstart. Well, he'd have to try again. If he was going to ask it to watch over Beatrice, then the Umbrood and he were going to have to converse. Adley found that it's aura was refreshing. Much of what had happened, what could happen, was disheartening and though he hadn't given up, it still felt heavy. To feel the presence a being made of hope and light, a power of truth in the room with him made him feel momentarily glad as it pushed at the doubts that lay at the corners of his spirit.  He thought for a moment and tried a different and more polite tack - after all, this was an Umbrood that his father was familiar with and he was glad it was there. He tried to concentrate on that and arranged his Words differently:

"Spirit of Truth, bringer of light and hope, speak with me, who is a friend of asha. Help me protect my friend from too hash a punishment and let the truth prevail unwaveringly...make us aware of all she sees, protect her through your observations. See when we cannot, hear when we cannot and bear witness to her in all her deeds...."

// My dice don't seem to want Adley to speak to this Umbrood, ironically. Maybe he should've asked more about it ; ) I have no idea how many rolls you want so I did 4 - at any rate it's not looking good!
roll: 6,2
roll: 4, 2
roll: 1, 10
roll: 8, 1

(5 pm)
The Geneva Conventions is still rather fresh in mind. You might not understand that notion quite as well, not being a sleeper veteran yourself, but proper treatment of prisoners of war - and last I checked, we are formally at war with the Technocracy - was hammered pretty deeply into us in officers' training

"I am not familiar exactly with those protocols of what is considered proper or improper; it is likely that I have been taught differently. It might do to become more familiar with what standards you hold to yourself. And why I might choose differently.

As for my promise to make sure young Mr. Dale was taken care of... yes, that was a bit careless of me; Chief Morgan is making the arrangements for my trip to Horizon, and I am paying the price for that, one way or the other.

"Yes...Horizon is not a safe place for an Orphan. It is beautiful but full of hazards for anyone. But you will likely face additional discrimination in various ways because you do not belong to a Tradition. Some might challenge you and make it more difficult to see your pledge to fruition. I would suggest considering carefully whom you might request to escort you. I was told that you might be called in two weeks or so. I would go with you, as no doubt I owe you a great debt for your help, though it might be better for you to have someone with more clout than I currently do have and that understands your needs and goal." Not something easily admitted, he continued onward. "I would also try to help you learn some of the expected Tradition etiquette and mage law that you will likely be dealing with, at least to the extent I am able given our limited time. There is always too much to do and so little time..."

I may not have to kill the boy in person; Chief Morgan did outline the usual... manner of execution connected to the procedure. But I still have an obligation to see for myself that he's not left to suffer instead. Should he choose to live, rather than be executed on the spot... I will have to take care of him, one way or the other. I will not see him discarded in a proverbial back alley to fend for himself, as it were."

"He is a sad case, it is true.  He did not even know what he lost, what he'd truly traded...until it was gone. He suffered much while in his Construct. But it was done and so here we are." He frowned. "Taking care of an ex-Technocrat turned Nephandi after the gilgul will be a difficult task. If there is one thing that Jeremy did try to impress upon me was that such a thing is immeasurably traumatizing, worse than death itself. It is not as if I had any reason to doubt it before but he gave his first-hand account. I suppose we shall simply have to see what the verdict is and if he is granted the right to choose." He did not sound pleased, there was a note of sadness in his words.

Colin sighed deeply. "As for Micah Gregario, I'm afraid it slipped my mind today, between a few more uplifting matters. I'll place a call after the meeting and a ranking procedure Chief Morgan arranged for me - after which I'll join the rest of you. Beatrice's apartment for dinner, was it not?

"Yes, that's correct. Is there anything you wished to speak to me about, before we join her?

//re: Warp: I only now noticed you'd edited the post. --
No worries, my fault for not saying so to you. I was gonna send a PM when I got home if you didn't see it as I was running out the door (which is why I forgot in the first place). Sorry! Also, Duckfammit is the most hilarious thing I've read in ages xD
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:57 am

Colin Wednesday airport:

Ryan and Rosa picked up speed, they where not running exactly as that would draw to much attention, but they where walking rather quickly. Coawa followed suit, but the wereshark where clearly worried about what he had sensed and he kept looking back.
"Something may be following us in the Umbra."
He muttered.

Adley Thursday:

"I will let him know the difficulties."

Jeffry nodded and folded his hands on his desk.
"Good."
Was all he said to that.

The Umbrood glanced at Adley for a moment but still seamed to ignore the younger mage for the most part, it was not hostile in any way it just was not impressed, the creature did seam a bit more interested when you mentioned a friend who needed protection from to harsh a punishment though, it was as if miscarriage of justice angered the fine, noble Umbrood but it did not feel it had to obey Adley or if he could trust him.
"Tell me...about this friend."
The spirit said in a elegant High Enochian. It was clear it would not be commanded but it would listen and make up it's own mind.

(OOC: You can roll as many times as you wish until you get a botch or get the number of successes you want, however as each roll takes two minutes your four rolls have taken eight and there is a limit to how much time you have. However the Umbrood being an archetype of truth will listen when it hear someone might be treated in an unjust way, but unless you try again and succeed then it can not be commanded, the spirit is self aware and can be bargained with but Adley have no control over him what so ever, it will do what it pleases.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:39 am

Colin looked at Coawa, "You would likely know more about that than I, I'm afraid. Who among us can keep an eye out for that?"

--- Thursday, 5PM ---
Colin pondered, "Well, the Geneva Conventions are quite available online - I expect you'd require little time for that research. But essentially, it can be summed up as 'Don't abuse enemy prisoners, treat them humanely, provide necessary medical care, and don't compel them to work against their own. And hands off the civilians.' Admittedly, I did break those rules a bit in interrogating Agent Kessinger, but that was in an attempt to avoid torture. Under the circumstances, a necessary concession."
He smiled and patted Adley on the shoulder, "I won't judge you for making choices I would not, but I just might judge the choices themselves. As for a chaperone - I'd be honored to have you join me, but I think it might be safer if one of us remains on hand to keep an eye out for Beatrice, unless there's an alternative there. I've been thinking a bit about that; it might be somewhat impudent to ask Master Amadeus Nassa to be my, well, guardian, but I might prefer his substantial experience and insight for this trip. Plus, I suspect he can empathize with my, hm, self-imposed mission. As an alternative, I might ask Madame Gottschalk."
Colin frowned. "There are more ways than one to take care of him - keeping my promise intact, I can still leave him in the care of someone trustworthy and compassionate; I just cannot leave him to suffer unattended. Still, let us hope the simpler scenario plays out..."
He pondered for a moment, "I don't know if there might be anything I'd want to take up with you before dinner - I'll know after I've placed that call. Now, I believe it is five o'clock sharp; shall we join the meeting?"
((OOC: You think Duckfammit was that funny, huh? You should see when I REALLY get my sadolinguistic tendencies fired up. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:08 am

Wednesday airport:

"Tane can see into the Umbra, so can I but only if I have a mirror, hell with a large enough mirror I could step through."
Coawa said then he continued walking.
"I am less concerned that something will attack us at the airport, but there is a pretty good chance something might follow us through the Umbra and by that it will be able to know where your Chantry is, and if Tane is going to be a part of that place I would want it safe."
The wereshark said, in a concerned tone, he was obviously worried for the safety of his friend.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq on Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:59 pm

Bianca follows along in silence, just focusing on getting the hell away from there.
Jaq
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top