The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:10 pm

Wednesday airport:

The group get out of the airport, the parking lot is off to one side, Ryan turn and head in that direction.
"Ok there are five of us, we should bring Rosa's car as well."
He says.
"I parked by that warehouse two blocks from here."
Rosa comment.
"Ok then we all get into my car and we just drop a couple of you off once we get to where your car is, it should not take two minutes."
Ryan commented and Rosa nods.
"If we are headed back to what you guys call a Chantry we should probably stop somewhere safe first so I and Tane can deal with whatever it is that are following us, or we can try to trick it in some way, I doubt you want it lead straight to your home."
Coawa said as he glanced behind the group again.
"Though if we are lucky the spirit or whatever it is are contained to the area around the airport and we might loose it when we leave here."
The wereshark said as the group quickly moved towards the parking lot.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:40 pm

--- Wednesday, Airport ---
Colin nodded, striding toward the car. "You say you can look into the Umbra through a mirror... will a body of water do the same? If so, I propose we go straight for... let's say right up to Rumney Marshes - that should be a suitable place to try to lose a tail. Trying to get a better picture of our capabilities here, is anyone among us good at manipulating local flora or fauna, in case we need to make some... urgent tactical adjustments? Preferably in a manner which will not cause... unpleasant consequences for any of us?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:50 pm

Wednesday airport:

"Anything reflective will do."
Coawa say as he get his bulk into the front seat of Ryan's car.
Ryan shakes his head.
"Unless you count shopping them up and adding them to a stew then I do not do allot of plant manipulation no."
The Cultist comment he is about to get into the driver's seat then he say.
"Ehm since it will be a pretty tight fit back where with two men and the girls, perhaps you should drive Colin, I am smaller that you are and would take up less space in the back until we pick up Rosa's car."
Ryan said.
"However trying to loose our tail at the Rumney Marshes is not a bad idea."
He comments.
"But first the second car."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:07 pm

--- Wednesday, Airport ---
Colin nodded, "More efficient use of space. Who drives Miss Olsen's car? It might get a bit sticky."
He fished up the keys and slid into the driver's seat, muttering something about needing to arm himself quickly.
"For that matter, who here IS armed, anyway?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:24 pm

"Tell me...about this friend." The spirit said in a elegant High Enochian...

Adley listened to the Enochian and thought it sounded different from what he heard with some of the other spirits he'd regularly communicated with; this one must be higher up on the court, for certain. Moreso than he'd initially thought.  That could be one reason it didn't seem to be inclined mind him much. At least it didn't seem to be aggressive or acting punitively, no being soundly -ignored- for almost eight minutes did seem to get its point across though. Perhaps it would make a bargain of its own accord if it was inclined; that would have to be considered carefully, as it might be dangerous to have such an Umbrood roaming about of its own accord unless it agreed to be bound by his pater. And if he met this particular Umbrood again, he'd have to make a better showing for it...still, for the present it seemed he'd gotten its attention to an extent.

He looked at it, turning his head and spoke as clearly and eloquently and respectfully and above all, as honestly as he could in return. "Spirit of Truth, my friend was born with a darkness of spirit but she is not yet touched by the evil herself. We would seek a way to cleanse this darkness with her before it can claim her, or she should die and pass it on to another magus. Due to the state of her avatar and the threat it presents, she has been given a judgement by our community. Yet the Words of her writ are vague and may bring her an early death or spiritual sundering before we might find a way to cleanse her avatar or attempt to do so, if those that uphold the law do so interpret them in such a way as to cast doubt on her actions. There are those in our community who have been hurt by those with this darkness within my friend for not many are able to withhold the dark impulses from action as she does. In their hurt, they seek vengeance and would strike out with little provocation and at any target that resembles that which hurt them. They have targeted my friend. We would ask you to provide an unbiased observation of my friend, so that the truth of her actions show her to be the person she truly is, so that if her actions are called into question by those that would punish her unjustly, you will be there to aid us in providing the true account of what transpired so they may see and know the truth before they act to punish her. Spirit of Truth, there is none other than you that would best fulfill this task; I ask you on behalf of my friend to provide this service to her as long as it is necessary.

"I have her mark and her name, so that you might find her, Truth; she is greatly in need of the presence of One such as yourself. For she is without hope and your presence may also bring her comfort where I cannot. Will you aid us and allow my pater to assign this task to you? I will in return provide you with a truth of my choosing that I have never spoken aloud in anyone's presence.  I will also offer one measure of Quintessence to you, should you agree to this, this to be provided at the end of your assistance."

//Gotcha! Thank you - after 8 minutes I figure Adley is thinking that this Umbrood is probably out of his league, and/or he didn't get off to a good start getting its attention!

(5 pm)
Adley nodded at Colin's overview of the Geneva protocols. "Yes, torture while sometimes necessary is not always the best way to arrive at information. It depends on the situation," he said, frowning. There were some Words that were worse than any physical pain.

He smiled and patted Adley on the shoulder, "I won't judge you for making choices I would not, but I just might judge the choices themselves. As for a chaperone - I'd be honored to have you join me, but I think it might be safer if one of us remains on hand to keep an eye out for Beatrice, unless there's an alternative there. I've been thinking a bit about that; it might be somewhat impudent to ask Master Amadeus Nassa to be my, well, guardian, but I might prefer his substantial experience and insight for this trip. Plus, I suspect he can empathize with my, hm, self-imposed mission. As an alternative, I might ask Madame Gottschalk."

He looked surprised at being touched for a moment and then nodded at him. "I would have you judge my actions; it is good to have someone that I trust do so. Yes, unfortunately I agree, Beatrice will need someone here." Then he smiled a little bit. "If you -do- happen to ask Mrs Gottschalk, you should know that she is not overly fond of leaving her little apprentice for babysitting. I would offer something in return in that aspect, she is already taking the boy to Horizon so she may not be inclined to go again without some incentive. Still, I think she would be a good choice, yes."

Colin frowned. "There are more ways than one to take care of him - keeping my promise intact, I can still leave him in the care of someone trustworthy and compassionate; I just cannot leave him to suffer unattended. Still, let us hope the simpler scenario plays out..."

He nodded. The rite itself can be quite...brutal in a way that is beyond the facts of it, depending on those that see to it...I will tell you the account that Jereme=y told me, but not now, not when we are going to be thinking of strategy. I do not want my mind filled with those feelings."

He pondered for a moment, "I don't know if there might be anything I'd want to take up with you before dinner - I'll know after I've placed that call. Now, I believe it is five o'clock sharp; shall we join the meeting?"

"Yes, let's see if we can come to something resembling a plan," he said. "I'm glad that we are all going to be speaking together, though I expect it will become...heated." With that, he took a deep breath and reached out to open the door and walk inside.

//LOL - yes, yes I do. And I look forward to it then ; )
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:00 pm

Adley Thursday:

He looked at it, turning his head and spoke as clearly and eloquently and respectfully and above all, as honestly as he could in return. "Spirit of Truth, my friend was born with a darkness of spirit but she is not yet touched by the evil herself. We would seek a way to cleanse this darkness with her before it can claim her, or she should die and pass it on to another magus. Due to the state of her avatar and the threat it presents, she has been given a judgement by our community. Yet the Words of her writ are vague and may bring her an early death or spiritual sundering before we might find a way to cleanse her avatar or attempt to do so, if those that uphold the law do so interpret them in such a way as to cast doubt on her actions. There are those in our community who have been hurt by those with this darkness within my friend for not many are able to withhold the dark impulses from action as she does. In their hurt, they seek vengeance and would strike out with little provocation and at any target that resembles that which hurt them. They have targeted my friend.

The Umbrood listened as Adley spoke, he, if the spirit even had a gender, though it felt like a he, said nothing as the mage spoke.
"It is wrong to take vengeance on the innocence even if the need or it are great."
The Spirit said, it's voice refined and elegant he clearly where restricted by the one thing he was a spiritual representation of like other Umbrood, but he had allot more free will and ability to act on it's own than lesser spirits.

We would ask you to provide an unbiased observation of my friend, so that the truth of her actions show her to be the person she truly is, so that if her actions are called into question by those that would punish her unjustly, you will be there to aid us in providing the true account of what transpired so they may see and know the truth before they act to punish her. Spirit of Truth, there is none other than you that would best fulfill this task; I ask you on behalf of my friend to provide this service to her as long as it is necessary.

"I see, it is a wise path, to let the accused prove themselves with words and deeds, do however know before you ask this of me that i can speak only truth, I am not lies, if your friend do not act in a manner befitting the innocent then I report what I see and hear, not what you might want me to speak mage."
The spirit warned, it was clear that terms as seeing and hearing where alien to him, he senses, experienced, he was, but the mere expression of senses where not easy, however Truth where powerful enough to understand that the human he spoke with saw the world in such a way and translated for Adley's benefit, showing he had at least some knowledge of human beings and how they viewed the world.

"I have her mark and her name, so that you might find her, Truth; she is greatly in need of the presence of One such as yourself. For she is without hope and your presence may also bring her comfort where I cannot. Will you aid us and allow my pater to assign this task to you? I will in return provide you with a truth I have never spoken aloud in anyone's presence.  I will also offer one measure of Quintessence to you, should you agree to this, this to be provided at the end of your assistance."

"You speak warmly of your friend mage and I am usually not one to turn away a request for help from those who need it, and especially not when the one who ask have given sanctuary to what is left of one of my own, I do not know enough about the reality inside of you to say for sure, but I have dealt with your kind enough to know that to take the shattered remains of the Lord and give it sanctuary inside of your own deeper reality cost you. Normally I would not willingly let a mage bind me, for many of your kind are cruel to mine, treating us with dishonor, but the man you call your father have always approached us with friendship and with your sacrifice for one of my kind, I will consent to your terms."
The Umbood said, he had a distinct personality meaning he was probably a Baron or as they where also called a Lesser Jaggling.
"I will let your father do the binding and assign me the task."
Truth concluded then it was silent, it had said what it intended.

Adley and Colin Wednesday meeting:

As you finish speaking you see Amadeus come walking down the hallway and then a few moments later Jeffry Morgan came up from his office, the two men gave one another a icy glare but said nothing, they would work together, though from Jeffry's point of view he was more concerned about what the elder Vebena might do than hateful of him, Amadeus however probably would not piss on the old Flambeau if he was on fire.

Adley you open the door to the Council chambers and see Beatrice finishing putting cups and a large coffee pot on the table, the young Verbena poured George a cup and bowed her head as she gave it to him.
"Thank you my dear."
The old Deacon muttered as he sipped the coffee.

Beatrice turned to her Cabalmates and smiles then she respectfully bowed her head to Jeffry and Amadeus who came into the room shortly after. Both the old mages took their seats and Beatrice poured coffee for everyone, the only thing she could do right now to be useful, she placed cups before Adley and Colin to before she finally sat down herself.

George put his cup down and when everyone had settled down he looked at Beatrice said said kindly.
"This meeting might be difficult for you Miss Alexander as we have to discuss the situation as it is, I do however feel it is important that you are here as we discuss your defense."
Beatrice nodded.
"I will be alright Master Steelhaven."
The young Verbena said politely. George nodded then he leaned back.
"Ok before I give my general assessment of the situation, do anyone have anything they want to say before we begin?"

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added meeting part.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:55 pm

--- Thursday, Council Meeting ---
Colin cleared his throat for a moment, "Actually, Sir, I have a minor thing. I was asked to contact one who was previously in Miss Alexander's... circumstances, or more precisely, her present Mentor. I have not had the spare time to do so earlier today, and for that I apologize. I will make an attempt to reach them at the earliest possible time after this meeting. As it does not itself appear to pertain to immediate strategic considerations, but rather a more long-term possibility, it does not seem so urgent as to call for a postponement of the meeting."
He sipped his coffee, frowned for a moment, and mumbled something only partly audible about civilian strength...
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:17 pm

George nodded as he sipped his own coffee.
"I see no problem with waiting to contact Miss Florentine's new mentor until after the meeting Mr Wainwright as we first have to find a way to keep Miss Alexander's Avatar alive before we can save it."
The ancient mage said. Beatrice looked down fearfully and George sigh and give the girl an encouraging smile.
"Ah do not worry Miss Alexander if there is a way we will find it, there is hope my dear."
The old mage said and Beatrice gave him a weak smile.
"Alright anyone else have anything to say before we get going with the meeting?"
George asked as he looked at the gathered magi.

Beatrice tried to distract herself from the situation by focusing on something trivial so she glances over at Colin.
"Are the coffee not to your liking?"
She whispered.
"Sorry about that."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:09 pm

--- Thursday, Council Meeting ---
Colin winked at Beatrice and whispered, "I'm British, dear - we prefer tea in any case. And the coffee is rather thinner than I'm used to for coffee. Military strength coffee is usually more... viscous than this. Tastes fine, though."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:55 am

"I see, it is a wise path, to let the accused prove themselves with words and deeds, do however know before you ask this of me that i can speak only truth, I am not lies, if your friend do not act in a manner befitting the innocent then I report what I see and hear, not what you might want me to speak mage."

"I understand that from the point you watch over her, she will beholden to the truth in her own words and deeds and that is all you will be able to report," he said. He had told Beatrice something similar, that if she were watched then it would be something like this, something of a two edged blade. There were those that lied that could use the truth, which made it difficult. Like fighting with one arm tied behind his back...but he remembered the Primus's comment that in the long run, it could get better result. He hoped it would for Beatrice; since she would be watched by a biased eye and an one less so, the point would be to give her more credence.

"You speak warmly of your friend mage and I am usually not one to turn away a request for help from those who need it, and especially not when the one who ask have given sanctuary to what is left of one of my own, I do not know enough about the reality inside of you to say for sure, but I have dealt with your kind enough to know that to take the shattered remains of the Lord and give it sanctuary inside of your own deeper reality cost you. Normally I would not willingly let a mage bind me, for many of your kind are cruel to mine, treating us with dishonor, but the man you call your father have always approached us with friendship and with your sacrifice for one of my kind, I will consent to your terms."

"Thank you," he said sincerely. He didn't know how long the shard would stay with him, though he did intend to give it the best shot at surviving, barring great risk to his own avatar or some other harm that might come of him keeping it with him. Even so, nothing was assured, even keeping it with him for these weeks could have some effect on him, he knew. As well, the time spent recuperating, even should all go well, was not inconsequential, especially during a war. "The spirit that I harbour tried to protect us from a great evil and to keep that evil from spreading, very nearly at the expense of its life," he said. He still thought this was admirable, even if it had caused him this strange situation. "I am my father's student; like him, I will honor my Word and our bargain."

He thought for a moment about what he might tell such a spirit. There were many things he could feasibly offer of potential value but eventually he decided to tell a personal truth. He did not know if it would appease it, but it was something he'd never spoke aloud and was not something easily admitted; perhaps it would recognize that at least.

"When I was fourteen years old, a family moved in next door to my home and their children started attending my school. They were a military family. There was a boy named Mason and we became friends. He was one of the first friends that I had that I felt I had a connection with, until he moved away two years later when his family relocated again. Before he left, I wanted to tell him, but I never did." Adley frowned a little as he spoke. "I never told him that I loved him. I haven't seen him since." He paused. "When I was in...higher level schooling...I found another man that I cared for, Jake...I never told him either; I have not seen him in several years. I thought these were inappropriate feelings to have for my friends. I thought it was better to hold people at a distance rather than tell them, that I would be stronger without them, that I was protecting them, that I did not have time for such things because I had goals and duties to attend to. I could not waste my time with pleasurable pursuits, there were more important things to do, that my feelings were inappropriate and would create disharmony.

"These were the sort of lies that I told myself. Dangerous ones, as they seemed true enough at the time. They held some small kernel truth within their exterior but within were empty shells. The truth was I did not allow myself to show that I cared for them as much as I did and did not dare to be vulnerable, though it may have gained us a greater friendship. And later it is also true that I did not want to put these people at risk, for I know that I live in a dangerous world." He frowned. "At the time I failed to see that the fact I cared was a strength, not a weakness." He put his hands on the table and spread his hands. "And that is what I would share with you, Spirit of asha, something that I have never spoken aloud to anyone before yet something that I have come to believe is true," he concluded.

He was not sure if he felt embarrassed or even regretful, it had been several years since Jake but he did feel exposed. Perhaps the being would want some other truth, something more objective but this one had been difficult in a different way since it was still something he struggled with. He remembered Jeremy speaking of his House; destroy the old to make way for the new and destroy the new to protect the old. That was essentially how it felt for him to express something from his heart without the justification of necessity, a sort of unrepentant burning away of what he thought he knew and how he should be or act. He waited to see if this was acceptable to the Umbrood or not. He hoped it would be as time was getting long but he did not want to disrespect it after it had finally agreed to participate.

(5 pm)
He looked in and bowed to the Primus, "Primus." Then as he came towards a seat, he smiled a little at Beatrice's offer of coffee, "Thank you, Beatrice." He looked over and nodded to his pair of magii as they arrived behind them, nothing their glaring at one another. "Pater, Master Nassa."

George Steelhaven: "Ok before I give my general assessment of the situation, do anyone have anything they want to say before we begin?"

Colin cleared his throat for a moment, "Actually, Sir, I have a minor thing. I was asked to contact one who was previously in Miss Alexander's... circumstances, or more precisely, her present Mentor. I have not had the spare time to do so earlier today, and for that I apologize. I will make an attempt to reach them at the earliest possible time after this meeting. As it does not itself appear to pertain to immediate strategic considerations, but rather a more long-term possibility, it does not seem so urgent as to call for a postponement of the meeting."

George Steelhaven: "I see no problem with waiting to contact Miss Florentine's new mentor until after the meeting Mr Wainwright as we first have to find a way to keep Miss Alexander's Avatar alive before we can save it...Alright anyone else have anything to say before we get going with the meeting?"

"Yes, I have some news on that matter as well. Suffice to say at this juncture, while speaking of hope, that I do believe it is -possible- to cleanse a Fallen avatar, at least given what I know currently. Not easily done, I am not sure -how- it -was- done, though yes, I do believe it was done once in the recent past. But yes, as you say Primus, it is necessary to secure these initial steps first." He fell silent, waiting for the rest of the meeting to be outlined before adding anything else.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:36 am

Adley Thursday Morgan's office:

"I understand that from the point you watch over her, she will beholden to the truth in her own words and deeds and that is all you will be able to report,"

The spirit nodded as long as it was understood that it could not lie then it was content.

"Thank you," he said sincerely. He didn't know how long the shard would stay with him, though he did intend to give it the best shot at surviving, barring great risk to his own avatar or some other harm that might come of him keeping it with him. Even so, nothing was assured, even keeping it with him for these weeks could have some effect on him, he knew. As well, the time spent recuperating, even should all go well, was not inconsequential, especially during a war. "The spirit that I harbour tried to protect us from a great evil and to keep that evil from spreading, very nearly at the expense of its life," he said. He still thought this was admirable, even if it had caused him this strange situation. "I am my father's student; like him, I will honor my Word and our bargain."

"The spirit who's shard now lives inside of your inner reality is a protector, that is his nature, he protect, and so he did when he was nearly destroyed, you human beings have something we do not, you can decide your purpose, we simply are what we are, like I can not lie, he can not stop protecting, still I thank you for giving him a chance for renewed existence."

The Umbrood said and showed a remarkable ability to understand it's own nature.

"When I was fourteen years old, a family moved in next door to my home and their children started attending my school. They were a military family. There was a boy named Mason and we became friends. He was one of the first friends that I had that I felt I had a connection with, until he moved away two years later when his family relocated again. Before he left, I wanted to tell him, but I never did." Adley frowned a little as he spoke. "I never told him that I loved him. I haven't seen him since." He paused. "When I was in...higher level schooling...I found another man that I cared for, Jake...I never told him either; I have not seen him in several years. I thought these were inappropriate feelings to have for my friends. I thought it was better to hold people at a distance rather than tell them, that I would be stronger without them, that I was protecting them, that I did not have time for such things because I had goals and duties to attend to. I could not waste my time with pleasurable pursuits, there were more important things to do, that my feelings were inappropriate and would create disharmony.

"These were the sort of lies that I told myself. Dangerous ones, as they seemed true enough at the time. They held some small kernel truth within their exterior but within were empty shells. The truth was I did not allow myself to show that I cared for them as much as I did and did not dare to be vulnerable, though it may have gained us a greater friendship. And later it is also true that I did not want to put these people at risk, for I know that I live in a dangerous world." He frowned. "At the time I failed to see that the fact I cared was a strength, not a weakness." He put his hands on the table and spread his hands. "And that is what I would share with you, Spirit of asha, something that I have never spoken aloud to anyone before yet something that I have come to believe is true," he concluded.

The Umbrood was silent as Adley spoke, then as the mage finished his tale it looked at him with those warm and discerning eyes.
"Thank you mage, a truth to me are more valuable than the Quintessence you offer."
Truth said approvingly then he continued.
"I do not understand feelings of friendship and love among humans, some of my kind do, I however find companionship in those spirits that are like me for together we become a stronger force, however while I do not understand there are an importance of honest to self. I can not offer much mage but thank you, hearing your truth have strengthened me for it is truth I am made of."
The Umbrood said and showed the limit of it' understanding, it simply where an essence of truth, nothing more, nothing less, the valued the truth he heard in Adley's tale but he could not understand it's full meaning, it did not understand the complexity of love or friendship as it's own emotions where somewhat basic.

The Umbrood nodded to the two mages.
"You may proceed with your ritual."
It said and Jeffry nodded he gave the spirit a thankful smile then he glanced at his apprentice, he two had heard the younger mage's tale and he could see how deeply it affected Adley, but he would not ask about it, he would respect the younger mage's privacy until and if he brought it up again. Jeffry begun chanting he burned the paper with Beatrice's blood in the flame at the tip of his dagger and continued the act of setting Truth to his task, after a while he nodded to let Adley know that it was now time to tell the Umbrood Beatrice's working name as the rite was nearly complete. All the time Truth just stood there and let the old mage work his magick on him, willingly letting itself be set to the task it had agreed to.

Colin and Adley Strategy meeting:

Beatrice smiles to Colin when he say her coffee is not strong enough.
"You should taste the coffee my mentor make over a cookfire, it is so strong you would think it is about to melt the cup."
The young Verbena whispered.

Then Adley said that he now believed it was possible to cleanse an Avatar, meaning her Avatar could be cleansed, something the young woman had hardly dared hope for. Beatrice got tears in her eyes, even if there was just a small chance of such a miracle, a small chance was better than none. Beatrice cleared her throat then she spoke.
"If D'Angelo can not be stopped, is there any chance she will wait? If I have to be..."
Beatrice where not able to say the word and she looked down.
"If what she want to do with me have to happen, I would rather my Avatar die clean than the way it is now, I would like to see it in it's full glory, if just once."
The young Verbena said, her voice shaking a bit.

George looked at Beatrice a kind smile on his lips.
"Let us try to see if we can avoid D'Angelo getting her way altogether."
The old mage said, for he knew that if the judge got her way then she would not wait. George cleared his throat then he spoke.
"You all know the current situation so I will not waste time in repeating it, the question is what we do about it. Now the main problem we have is that Miss Alexander's stay of execution is so loosely worded anyone who would want to abuse it can. The sad thing however is that Madame D'Angelo do not have to abuse the lettering of the document much, one of the points in Miss Alexander's stay of execution is that she do not go near a corrupted node, however she was near one, the question is just what is meant by near."
The old mage said then he sigh.
"The way I see it legally there are few things we can do to stop D'Angelo but there are some avenues open to us still. One is to try to discredit D'Angelo and as such have her loose her privilege as a judge, doing so mean she can not act against Miss Alexander, this will be a difficult task though and might require the same trickery that she herself use. Now another option is to go to Horizon and plead our case before the Council of Nine and request a retrial, hoping for a better result and a more defined ruling, the danger here is that Miss Alexander only escaped Gilgul but the skin of her teeth the first time, such a mercy might not be given at a retrial and if she is sentenced to such a punishment on Horizon it would be done there, in the Main Sentencing Hall, here at Steelhaven at least we have the option that if the worst come to pass, we can do it in a place where Miss Alexander feel safe and in as kind a way as possible."
George said then he continued.
"A third option that is rather uncertain is so spread information about this case, there are quite a few mages who would be outraged at how D'Angelo twist the law to her own liking, and there are many who would fear how easy she hand out the destruction of an Avatar, if this case became known, there is a chance that political pressure would force D'Angelo from going after Beatrice."
The old mage said then he sigh and laid out the forth option.
"There is also the option of attempting to make Miss Alexander's Avatar into something that can easily be destroyed after her death and using that to bargain with D'Angelo, doing so would negate any benefit from cleansing Miss Alexander's Avatar, but at least then she would be allowed to keep her magick and live a normal life as a mage until her death, it is better than the alternative, if D'Angelo are not to blinded by hatred to even consider such a solution...not that the solution itself do not carry with it allot of risk."
George said then he folded his hands on the table.

Jeffry Morgan spoke up he glanced over at Beatrice then he said in a bit of a careful tone of voice so he would not frighten the girl.
"I do make a suggestion that a small sample of Miss Alexander's Avatar is taken and crystallized, that way if nothing else we can prove that she did not partake of the corrupted Node."
The old mage suggested.
"Such a sample could be taken causing minimal damage that would heal in a week or two and not cause any loss of ability while it was healing, but off course there would be pain..."
Jeffry sigh.
"It is not something I suggest lightly and not to someone who have been Branded and are sure to have many terrible memories, however if she had used of the corrupted Quintessence the trace of it would not have left her Avatar by today, and such a crystal would serve as proof that at least even if she might have been near the node she never used it, that can be very beneficial to prove her innocence in this.

Beatrice had turned pale as George spoke, she had folded her hands in her lap and her nails where digging into her own flesh, but when Jeffry suggest taking a small sample of her Avatar to prove it had not touched corrupted Quintessence she clearly became very uneasy she looked around nervously and gasped, her small frame shaking. Jeffry sigh and softened his voice as he spoke to the girl.
"No one will force you Miss Alexander...do you understand, I am saying this might help, but if you say no, then it do not happen."
The old mage said in an attempt to reassure the girl, but Beatrice shivered with fear and there where deep trauma in her eyes as memories of her branding surfaced.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:31 am

"The spirit who's shard now lives inside of your inner reality is a protector, that is his nature, he protect, and so he did when he was nearly destroyed, you human beings have something we do not, you can decide your purpose, we simply are what we are, like I can not lie, he can not stop protecting, still I thank you for giving him a chance for renewed existence."

He nodded. He wondered what it might be like to have such a clear purpose. Decision and free will were of course rewards of their own but there was something to be said to always being sure of what to do and how to do it. Of course, that came with severe restrictions and inability to choose, which was not something he would trade away.

"Thank you mage, a truth to me are more valuable than the Quintessence you offer." Truth said approvingly then he continued. "I do not understand feelings of friendship and love among humans, some of my kind do, I however find companionship in those spirits that are like me for together...

He listened to the spirit speak, curious about the manner of its existence, how it related to other beings like itself. It had a direct manner and was aware of itself and its limitations and was able to communicate more effectively with him than other spirits he'd spoken with recently. There was something in the fact that it did not seem to judge his truth that was a relief, though he expected that his mentor had his own thoughts on it. He trusted him to keep what he'd told to himself, unless he had something particular to discuss about it later.

"You may proceed with your ritual." It said and Jeffry nodded he gave the spirit a thankful smile then he glanced at his apprentice...after a while he nodded to let Adley know that it was now time to tell the Umbrood Beatrice's working name

He watched the ritual proceed, noting the working with the particular spirit and task and then when it was time to give Beatrice's name, he looked towards the Umbrood and said, "Kallikratea."

(Meeting)
"If D'Angelo can not be stopped, is there any chance she will wait? If I have to be..." Beatrice where not able to say the word and she looked down. "If what she want to do with me have to happen, I would rather my Avatar die clean than the way it is now, I would like to see it in it's full glory, if just once.

"If that should happen again it would be another shameful waste."

George looked at Beatrice a kind smile on his lips. "Let us try to see if we can avoid D'Angelo getting her way altogether."

"Excuse me, sirs. There is one thing to consider before moving forward. Earlier in the day, with Beatrice's and Master Nassa's leave my pater called upon a spirit to watch Beatrice and stand witness to her truth. It is a neutral entity and will give an accurate and unbiased account of things from its perspective  from the point of its summoning until it is dismissed or task ended. This should be kept in mind, for if it come to bear witness to her that is exactly what it shall do. This meeting included and anything else that she experiences. That it cannot lie should be kept in mind so that it cannot be used to cross purpose, even accidentally, but serve its purpose in aiding her alibi." It wasn't as if they could just shut the Truth off, the Umbrood had been clear on that point and he wanted everyone else to be sure they understood.

After that, he sat back and listened to the Primus as he laid out the varying paths that were available. It seemed to him that there were a few that could work together, some that he would not personally choose, some that he would but might fail due to political climate or time. "May I ask who is currently availabe for the judgement panel for these matters on Horizon?"

"I do make a suggestion that a small sample of Miss Alexander's Avatar is taken and crystallized, that way if nothing else we can prove that she did not partake of the corrupted Node."

He frowned slightly. Something more than imbuing something, it would fade in time. He looked over at Beatrice and said in a steady tone, "That the Words of the writ are vague when it comes to proximity is a concern but it is your choice. It is your avatar." He remembered that Susanna had to endure many seekings and inward introspections to come to some kind of agreement with it. Like passing through Daath and arising...it was a small hope but a real one. He looked at the Chief and asked, "Is this process similar to making tass?" He was suddenly reminded of the Orphans on Horizon and could not help but understand why Beatrice felt uneasy.

Last edited by s7trif3 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:57 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot something - had to find page with Bee's name)
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:00 am

He watched the ritual proceed, noting the working with the particular spirit and task and then when it was time to give Beatrice's name, he looked towards the Umbrood and said, "Kallikratea."

The ritual concluded, and having been given the young Verbena's name Truth slowly vanished, taking with him the feeling of calmness and hope that emanated from it as it set to it's task. Jeffry waited until the last remnants of the Spirit's presence was gone before he drew a deep breath to end his magickal working and return to mundane tasks. The first thing he did was take a clean cloth and wipe sot of his ritual blade before he carefully placed his tools away in his desk, only then did he speak, dealing with a higher spirit required a certain degree of formality and introspection after a rite was done.
"You did well in negotiating with him mea filius."
Jeffry said then he gave a little smile.
"Though that friend living in your Avatar now are proving to be quite useful, that being said I will draw a breath of relief once Cita...ehm...Miss Telar have examined you and advised us on the safest course of actions."
The old mage said, he was clearly worried about your safety, he did not comment on your story though, however nor did he treat you any differently.
"Well talking of Master Tala, we should get the Technocrat woman and head towards the airport."
The old Hermetic said checking his watch.
"I do not want to run late."
There was just something in the way he said it that made you think that your mentor was really looking forward to seeing this Cita Telar, he said nothing about it though.

Meeting:

"If that should happen again it would be another shameful waste."

Beatrice nodded and sadly she whispered.
"Yes..."
The after a while she continued by saying.
"But I think it is what it would want...I do not know my Avatar do not speak with me. It want to live, but if it have to die...I think it would rather die the way it was than corrupted. I can not describe how I know but I know it's wishes. But off course both it and me would very much want to avoid the dying part."
The young Verbena muttered nervously.

"Excuse me, sirs. There is one thing to consider before moving forward. Earlier in the day, with Beatrice's and Master Nassa's leave my pater called upon a spirit to watch Beatrice and stand witness to her truth. It is a neutral entity and will give an accurate and unbiased account of things from its perspective from the point of its summoning until it is dismissed or task ended. This should be kept in mind, for if it come to bear witness to her that is exactly what it shall do. This meeting included and anything else that she experiences. That it cannot lie should be kept in mind so that it cannot be used to cross purpose, even accidentally, but serve its purpose in aiding her alibi." It wasn't as if they could just shut the Truth off, the Umbrood had been clear on that point and he wanted everyone else to be sure they understood.

Beatrice looked at you for a moment then he whisper.
"I think I can feel the spirit around, it is like this...sensation of...I do not know hope perhaps, and a smell of old books that sometimes hit met when I move around my apartment, I can not see spirits but is that him?"
George merely nodded to what Adley where saying.

After that, he sat back and listened to the Primus as he laid out the varying paths that were available. It seemed to him that there were a few that could work together, some that he would not personally choose, some that he would but might fail due to political climate or time. "May I ask who is currently availabe for the judgement panel for these matters on Horizon?"

"It varies from day to day which of the Primi are at Horizon Chantry, but if we take this case before them then I suspect two or three of them would be in attendance, some of them would be far more benefictial to our cause than others."
George said.
"But in short I do not know, other than the Verbena representative, the Seat of Life, non of the Primi live on Horizon though they frequently visit, and since the sentence was made by them, they are also the only ones that can change the verdict."

He frowned slightly. Something more than imbuing something, it would fade in time. He looked over at Beatrice and said in a steady tone, "That the Words of the writ are vague when it comes to proximity is a concern but it is your choice. It is your avatar." He remembered that Susanna had to endure many seekings and inward introspections to come to some kind of agreement with it. Like passing through Daath and arising...it was a small hope but a real one. He looked at the Chief and asked, "Is this process similar to making tass?" He was suddenly reminded of the Orphans on Horizon and could not help but understand why Beatrice felt uneasy.

Beatrice looks at Adley and nods, though she looks absolutely terrified.
"Is it as bad as the Branding?"
The young Verbena finally manage to say. Jeffry Morgan shake his head and reply to the Verbena first to try to calm her down.
"No far from it. I am not going to lie to you, it will hurt, but it is like comparing the slight cuts you make in your own flesh with a sharp knife to a third degree burn. It is quickly done and safe."
The old Hermetic said then he turned to his apprentice.
"Not completely, I would not even know how to begin to make tass out of an Avatar, nor would I want to know. This is more extracting a bit of the core Quintessence deep inside of the Avatar, which can then be used to show what sources it have drawn from lately. I guess you could compare it to...oh what is it called that modern medical practice...well the name is not important but taking a bit of spinal fluid for examination."
Jeffry explained.
"It will not harm the Avatar part what a large needle would a human, but none will force Miss Alexander."
He added not to scare the young Verbena again.

Beatrice looks down.
"Would it be done today Master Morgan?"
She asks nervously.
Jeffry nodded and sigh.
"The sooner the better if it is to be able to be used for evidence that you did not draw from the Node."
Beatrice nodded she glanced at Adley to see what her Cabalmate thought of the suggestion before saying anything.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:02 am

Let's move, then. Said Tane, resolved, waiting for them to lead the way. WHo was the one hiding in the perfume shop then?

OOC: Sorry for not being around, i'll start to be more a part of this game now
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:27 pm

(OOC: It was Rosa hiding in the perfume shop but as the note your group found said she noticed Lisa lurking around so she hid a note where she thought her mentor might find it and moved to the luggage area.)

(OOC 2: That is awesome and no problem real life have to come first.)

Colin, Tane and Bianca Wednesday:

There is not much room to all six of you in Ryan's little blue Kia, but you manage somehow, the crowded situation do not last long though as Ryan quickly drive two blocks under Rosa's direction until you get to the little parking lot in front of a warehouse building where Rosa have left her old, worn Golf.
"Ok who is changing cars and joining me in mine?"
The apprentice say as she crawl out of her mentor's crowded Kia.

Coawa looks at Tane and asks.
"Tane is there any chance you can look into the spirit world and see if that thing I sensed earlier are still following us?"
The shapechanger asked his Dreamspeaker friend.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq on Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:50 pm

Bianca smiles at Rosa. "I am. We should hurry."
Jaq
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:29 pm

Rosa nods as she head for the car and unlocks the door. Ryan looks at the two mages and the wereshark.
"I would feel better if one of us went with them, the two women should not be alone right now."
The cultist commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:38 pm

(OOC: We are at page 50 again so time for a new IC thread. So here is a summary of what have happened in this thread, I hope I have not forgotten anything:

Tane have arrived at Chantry Steelhaven and after talking with Jeffry Morgen and Narim Sharaya he have been accepted into the Chantry, and also been placed with the Player Character Cabal to help him find the fomori he have been looking for. Tane have met Beatrice and Colin, a meeting that started of rough as he brought his wereshark friend Coawa with him and the shifter immediately smelled the wyrm on Beatrice, however as the young Verbena's situation was explained Coawa got more positive towards Beatrice. Tane performed a working to let Beatrice speak with his Avatar and have offered her to do the same for her, however Beatrice who fear her Avatar's influence have not yet accepted the offer and have instead left the decision in the hands of her Cabal.

The Hedge Wizard guards from Lux Itineris have arrived and started their service in protecting the villa Node. When delivering the tass payment for the Hedge Wizard's services Adley noticed that Vittoria D'Angelo have invited a member of the Security Council to the city, and a Spirit Master at that making her one step closer to moving on Beatrice. The young Mercere Hank told Adley that he is taking classes at the university in the hope of being able to help traumatized mages in the future. On his way home from the university Adley spot a wounded woman, this turn out to be Vera Kessinger a member of the New World Order. Adley call for back up and Colin assist him in capturing the wounded Technocrat, however during the fight Adley hesitates which results in Narim having to teleport him and Colin and the prisoner safely home, later the Virtual Adept also have to teleport the two mages cars back to Steelhaven as they can not afford to have them linked to the Chantry if found. Narim Sharaya acquire a great deal of Paradox over this, something Adley blame himself over. Later that night Adley volunteer to sit watch over Sharaya to be able to help him if he have a backlash, something the Virtual Adept have, in fact his Paradox backlash manifest a powerful Paradox Spirit. Adley and Jeffry manage to deal with the spirit and banish it, but not before it damages the Virtual Adept Master's mind, taking away some of his memories of places and locations.

Beatrice is in a complete panic over D'Angelo wanting to Gilgul her, and actually standing a pretty good chance of doing so. The young Verbena overuse her magick to feel that it is still there. Both Adley and Colin spend some time with her trying to comfort her. Adley teach Beatrice the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram to give her some safe magick to do when she feel she just need to feel that her Avatar is still there. Beatrice have begun falling for Adley but she have not told him that. Colin also show both Adley and Beatrice a similar ritual he have created.

It have become clear that Beatrice's legal situation is dire, the wording on her stay of execution is so loose that it can be made to mean almost anything, the worst part however is that she was indeed near a corrupted Node, there are no denying that and D'Angelo will use that passage in the legal document for all it is worth. Both Adley and Colin have learned that the reason why Vittoria D'Angelo and her brother is after Beatrice is an extreme hatred of Nephandi that the old judge have cultivated after her own mentor got Gilgulled by a Nephandus. Adley and Colin have learned that there was a widderslainte girl named Susannah Folorentine who managed to cleanse herself, but Vittoria's brother managed to get the girl sentenced the Gilgul anyway. Adley have contacted Susannah's old Cabal and have had this story confirmed by them. Susannah is still alive and are now under the care of the Mercere.

Amadeus asks Colin to restore his old ritual sickle so that he may present it as a gift to Beatrice, he had planned to do it when she became and Adept, but now he want to make sure to do it quickly, just in case things do not go well with her.

Amadeus Nassa's former apprentice, Bianca have arrive in Boston and Rosa Olson was sent to meet her and drive her home, the two girls hit it off immediately and went for lunch, soon however they noticed a woman staring at them and Bianca had a vision of this woman using Rosa to force her mentor Ryan through the cauls. The two girls run into the airport to hide and split up. The creepy woman, Lisa, confront Bianca and the Hedge Wizard is only saved due to two Void Engineers showing up. Colin, Tane as well as Ryan and Coawa go to help the girls when Rosa call for help, and after Tane have a chat with the spirit of the airport they manage to find them and while there are some complications they manage to get them safely back to Steelhaven.

Once back at Steelhaven Bianca meet up with Amadeus her former mentor and tell her story about the confrontation with Lisa to him. Amadeus say that the young Hedge Wizard should tell her story to Jeffry Morgan however first they drop by Beatrice's apartment so that Bianca can meet her sister again.

Jeffry Morgan asks Colin to help make sure he do not go to far when he interrogates the Technocrat prisoner, Colin however manages to talk Vera Kessinger into cooperating willingly. Vera say that the Union noticed that there where some missing Marauders and it was later clear that Nephandi had sacrificed the Mad Ones. Later it became clear that her own apprentice Patrick had betrayed the Union and gone over to the Nephandi and through his eyes they learned about Ojan and Lisa, Ojan being the wounded Nephandus that had attacked the villa node. Vera's Amalgam captured Patrick and through him learned about where some Nephandi where holed up, the Amalgam went to attack the Nephandi which resulted in the death in all of the Amalgam members save Vera herself. Vera also tells Colin where Patrick is and the Orphan promises to make sure the young Fallen do not suffer needlessly after the punishment that await him by the Traditions. Colin, Richard, Freddy, Ingmar, Antonio, Hildegaard and Ryan go to collect Patrick at one of the dead Technocrat's apartment and they manage to do so though they do end up in a bit of a battle with the Nephandi.

Jeffry and Adley interrogate Patrick and find out that there are quite a large number of Nephandi in Boston, that they have set up a Labyrinth and are waiting for a Gilledian to join them, the two mages also learn that the Caul the Boston Nephandi have are weak and that the Fallen for some reason need a mage that studies Time. Adley speaks with the young Nephandus and learn that despair and pain lead him to the Nephandi making his fate all the more tragic.

The deal that was made with Vera Kessinger to get her to talk was that she would be given her freedom and Jeffry have asked Adley's help in delivering her to the airport which is neutral grounds, Jeffry also have to get Patrick to Horizon as soon as possible, for as long as Steelhaven have a Nephandus in her basement that is an open invitation to Vittoria to come to the Chantry, especially since she have already tried to force her way in under the guise of choosing books for the payment for the Hedge Wizards services, and the judge coming to Steelhaven would be bad for Beatrice. Jeffry are concerned about Colin's promise to Vera but he do agree to get Colin and an escort to Horizon when Patrick's trial is done.

Adley and Richard have made plans to get Narim to a hospital to check him out after the Paradox Spirit's Attack.

Jeffry and Adley are planning to summon a spirit to keep watch over Beatrice so he will have an witness of her innocence though talking with the spirit in question are proving to be more difficult than anticipated, though after some negotiation Truth agrees to help and are now watching Beatrice's actions. Adley share a very personal story with Truth to show the spirit respect.

A strategy meeting are planned to discuss what can be done for Beatrice's defense.

Adley contact Susannah Florentine's Cabal and they tell him that yes Susannah did cleanse her Avatar, all they know about it though was that Seekings and a Criamon where involved, the girl was still Gilgulled though, even if her soul was clean at the end.

Bruce was found in his workshop, deep in a Seeking. (As per his player who are on vacation's request.) And so he have been out of it for this thread.

Now everyone but Bruce and Jon, who have not participated in this thread, get 2 exp each. In addition Adley and Colin each get one free dot in Tradition Lore due to all the talking with older mages and politicking they have been doing to help Beatrice, I feel they now both know enough about the Traditions to have at least one dot extra in this knowledge.

Good job guys the gaming is awesome, and then I am off to start the third IC thread.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic View next topic Back to top