Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:53 am

"You know that saying, may you live in interesting times," he said with a wry look.

"Yes indeed, not just a saying, in China it was once a curse, a particularly nasty one I would say."
Jeffry said with a grin.

"True, we'd still be better off knowing."

"That is very true."
The old mage muttered.

"I don't know," he said in a frank tone of voice. "I think she would rather do something than wait around and worry and it's hard for her to do anything about the Nephandi for obvious reasons. On the other hand, I'd rather not have a blood witch bleeding around a vampire."

"Miss Alexander's Paradigm and methods off course posse a challenge but if it comes to a situation where you need to defend yourself it might be worth it for her methods for magick is fast, I have seen her get a simple working out in a few seconds, that is the benefit of a blood witch, more advanced things takes longer but she might be able to buy you enough time to get your Ignem ars going, and also like I said with her command over Herbam...she can pose a great risk to a vampire, however only bring her if you think she is of a stable enough mind right now to act when she need to. I understand wanting to do something, I would to in her situation, but she is also terrified, for good reason, and you have to be sure she will back you up if that is needed and that she will not freeze in terror."

He looked disgusted at the idea of drinking vampire blood, almost as much as when he'd discussed what he'd seen in the villa but not as much as when the paradox demon had touched him. "I have no desire to drink vampire blood or lose control to any addiction, nor to harm my avatar.

"It would surprise me greatly if it stood on your preferred menu choices Adley"
Jeffry commented dryly.
"The problem is that unlike a caul that particular damnation do not have to be entered into willingly, if a vampire get the upper hand then he can force it into you and the damage would be just as great."

I'm not keen on meeting a vampire, pater, especially considering I feel that what he wants to tell me can told over the phone. There must be another reason he wants to meet me in person. He must have known for some time that I'm a mage but so far he hasn't bothered me." He frowned. "Every possible caution...I'm open to your suggestions. Besides backup, of course."

"It really depend with what level of prejudice you want to act. Bringing backup is a must, so is choosing the meeting location carefully. Now one thing you can do when setting up the meeting is to demand that if you are to meet face to face you will remove Mr Lenoe from the location he have chosen and transport him somewhere where you have control, there is always the danger of an ambush but at least then you have some control of the situation and transporting him should not be that problematic there are ways to contain these creatures making them harmless enough, however that still mean contact with him and also if Mr Lenoe do not have sinister plans and he is actually honest and is just concerned for someone he think is a mage, such drastic measures of putting himself in your custody will probably make him back off and then leave the suspected mage on their own. Another option is a meeting in public, it leaves you in a disadvantage as well due to witnesses however I doubt Mr Lenoe will act and risk revealing himself, that Tytalus I spoke of he said these creatures enforce their version of the Law of Shade much more harshly than we do, if you choose this option be very cautious and make sure you follow the same protocol I told you about when it comes to dealing with fairies, do not eat, drink or touch anything he could possibly have been in contact with."
Your mentor warn.
"A third option off course is to refuse a meeting and demand he say what he have to say over the phone, I would try that first and then consider the other options once you hear his reply."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:21 am

I understand wanting to do something, I would to in her situation, but she is also terrified, for good reason, and you have to be sure she will back you up if that is needed and that she will not freeze in terror."

He frowned. He'd nearly died by his own inaction, to think it could happen again was highly unpleasant. He'd been sure until he hadn't been, it was as if a switch had flipped on him and he'd gotten stuck. There was truly no way to know for sure. He would simply have to make the best of it, see who was likely to provide him backup and make sure he was sure himself. "It would have the additional benefit of making her alibi look good, helping a cabal member not that I would think that would be the reason for her wanting to do such a thing."

"It would surprise me greatly if it stood on your preferred menu choices Adley" Jeffry commented dryly. "The problem is that unlike a caul that particular damnation do not have to be entered into willingly, if a vampire get the upper hand then he can force it into you and the damage would be just as great.

"I figured so," he said with a frown.

"It really depend with what level of prejudice you want to act...follow the same protocol I told you about when it comes to dealing with fairies, do not eat, drink or touch anything he could possibly have been in contact with." Your mentor warn. "A third option off course is to refuse a meeting and demand he say what he have to say over the phone, I would try that first and then consider the other options once you hear his reply

"I had thought of a public venue as well, especially if it is true they have their own protocols against acting in public. I will try refusing first though, as anything he might want from the presence of my body is not something I would likely to want to give him access to," he agreed. "I will see what he says when I contact him later." He drank the rest of the coffee and then put the mug on the desk. "Add that to the fact that I learned there are more judges revolving in and out of Lux Iternis. I don't know how many but enough to raise eyebrows. I don't think we can count on a lack of numbers anymore when it comes to acting, D'Angelo is working her circuit hard, enough to make the rumour wheel turn." He frowned. "There's another thing that's bothering me though it's not...my business. It is not for the sake of gossip I tell you but that it bothers me." He tilted his head a little, frowning. "You know Deacon Dupuis better than I do, you've said he was an honourable man. However, when I went to visit Ms Tarmen, I found his apprentice there, beaten within an eyelash of her life. Far in excess of anything that even the most staunch believer in corporeal punishment might have delivered, as far as I'm concerned. I don't know what her transgression was but it was clear she was made to regret it. Laisa was loathe to return her but of course she has to...even she said that the girl would likely wish to return to study with him anyway." He sighed. "I know there is nothing to be done..."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:55 am

"It would have the additional benefit of making her alibi look good, helping a cabal member not that I would think that would be the reason for her wanting to do such a thing."

"Then talk with her about it if you decide to go and actually meet this creature, he is not likely to be willing to come if you bring and army but one or two companions that he have to accept."

"I had thought of a public venue as well, especially if it is true they have their own protocols against acting in public. I will try refusing first though, as anything he might want from the presence of my body is not something I would likely to want to give him access to," he agreed.

"I had thought of a public venue as well, especially if it is true they have their own protocols against acting in public. I will try refusing first though, as anything he might want from the presence of my body is not something I would likely to want to give him access to," he agreed.

"It is hard to know for sure, it is what I heard, but since we generally do not hear about vampires on the news...it is a tale that seam believable."
Jeffry said then he nodded.
"Good try to see what you can get him to say over the phone first."

He drank the rest of the coffee and then put the mug on the desk. "Add that to the fact that I learned there are more judges revolving in and out of Lux Iternis. I don't know how many but enough to raise eyebrows. I don't think we can count on a lack of numbers anymore when it comes to acting, D'Angelo is working her circuit hard, enough to make the rumour wheel turn."

"Damnation, well that constrict what time we have even more."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"Rumors might be good for us though, rumors can quickly turn to outrage given the right circumstances."
The old mage said.
"But we have to find a solution for Miss Alexander and quickly."

He frowned. "There's another thing that's bothering me though it's not...my business. It is not for the sake of gossip I tell you but that it bothers me." He tilted his head a little, frowning. "You know Deacon Dupuis better than I do, you've said he was an honourable man. However, when I went to visit Ms Tarmen, I found his apprentice there, beaten within an eyelash of her life. Far in excess of anything that even the most staunch believer in corporeal punishment might have delivered, as far as I'm concerned. I don't know what her transgression was but it was clear she was made to regret it. Laisa was loathe to return her but of course she has to...even she said that the girl would likely wish to return to study with him anyway." He sighed. "I know there is nothing to be done..."

Jeffry frowned when you tell him about what happened to Gwen.
"That do not sound like something Alphonse Dupuis would do, I have fought beside the man and once he and Laisa was two of my best friends, now heaven knows he is a hard man and he would keep his apprentices in line this is true, but outright beating them like you describe, that do not sound like the man I know."
The old war mage said and he sounded concerned.
"The Alphonse I know care about his apprentices, yes he use corporal punishment but not like that, I think I might have to talk with him and hear what he is up to, as for something to be done, no by the laws of our Order he can do with his apprentice as he wish, but if he harm her that will look bad for all of us considering the Traditions already see us as stuck up brutes."
The old war mage sigh.
"It is true he have not been the same since he took a Primium bullet to the brain, but even so this? Just last month he told me how proud he was of that little apprentice of his. Thank you for bringing this to my attention Adley..."
Your mentor looked quite worried and not just on behalf of Gwen.
"Something have to be wrong with him."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:44 am

"Rumors might be good for us though, rumors can quickly turn to outrage given the right circumstances." The old mage said. "But we have to find a solution for Miss Alexander and quickly."

He frowned. "Or at least a stopgap."

"That do not sound like something Alphonse Dupuis would do...Thank you for bringing this to my attention Adley...Something have to be wrong with him."

"You should know that D'Angelo was sent to go get Gwen back from Laisa. She feared that there might be repercussions for her actions, or trying to keep Gwen that might extend to her own apprentice as well. I know you will tread with care on this but if something is wrong with the Deacon, it will be hard to know how he might react to perceived...interference. Even from an old friend." He looked at his mentor.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:37 am

He frowned. "Or at least a stopgap."

"Yes a solution can wait, if we at least can stop D'Angelo from moving forward with her crusade, for if she have gathered several Masters of Spirit with her...then she can come knocking at any time and when she do it might be all I can do to keep her from taking Miss Alexander away and rather let them do...it here where your Cabalmember after all feel more safe."
The old mage said and sigh.

"You should know that D'Angelo was sent to go get Gwen back from Laisa. She feared that there might be repercussions for her actions, or trying to keep Gwen that might extend to her own apprentice as well.

"Vittoria D'Angelo creating trouble for someone again, you know Adley I am starting to really dislike that woman."
Jeffry said with a sigh.
"However Laisa is right if she get into a legal issue then the situation for Mr Jones will be very uncertain."

I know you will tread with care on this but if something is wrong with the Deacon, it will be hard to know how he might react to perceived...interference. Even from an old friend." He looked at his mentor.

The old war mage nodded, his expression was serious and worried.
"I know and I promise I will be careful, but both for my own sake since he is a old friend that I care about, but also for this Tribunal, I can not ignore one of the most powerful magi in the city, and one of the Deacons of the most influential Chantry acting completely out of character, I have to go and see him, but yes I will keep my wits about me...and a few counterspells as the younger magi love to call them, prepared and ready."
Jeffry said, he was clearly quite concerned about these news.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:31 am

Ok, then, can i use quintessence to lower the diff?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:47 am

(Yes you can, one point of Quintessence lower the diff by one.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:15 pm

Bruce Thursday afternoon:

You wake up in your bed. The last thing you remember before the Seeking was being in your workshop, then your Avatar suddenly decided it was time for a chat. You do not know how much time have passed, it could be an hour or months, you just do not know. You feel rather confused and disoriented. Someone must have found you and gotten you to your bed as your mind was trapped in it's mindscape. Beside you on your nightstand there is a bottle of water, other than that whoever found you have just covered you with some blankets and left you alone, there is really nothing to do about a Seeking other than let it play itself out and making sure the mage experiences it are safe while they are defenseless. The lights are turned off in your apartment but there are weak afternoon sunlight streaming in from the window so you can see, the alarm clock on your bedside table show that the time is 16:05 in the afternoon.

Richard Thursday afternoon:

You have just arrived back at your apartment from your work at the hospital, you hardly have the time to take a breather though before there is a soft knock on your door. If you go to answer the knock you see Hildegaard stand there, the old Chorister smile to you and say in her stern but polite tone of voice.
"Good afternoon Dr Lee, I hope I am not disturbing you."
The gray haired woman said then she added.
"If it is not very inconvenient might I ask a favor of you Dr Lee?"

(OOC: I will be going camping with my mother later today and be without internet until Sunday, maybe Monday, I am sorry for the inconvenience. I will be back to posting on Sunday or Monday though. I will start the side thread for Bruce's Seeking when I get back.)

(OOC 2: I have made a scene for Richard, I did not get a reply if you wanted one or not before the Cabal meeting but in case that take a bit of time I did not want you to feel left out, so if you feel like replying to this scene then do and if not then it will just be a conversation that do not get played out and it is no big deal.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:36 pm

--- Thursday, Meeting ---
Colin met Amadeus' look for a few seconds, then closed his eyes and gave a small nod in acknowledgement. "Touché, Sir. Still, individual Magi aside, the culture seems to have suffered for it when Europeans arrived. Damn shame, to be honest; it seems a great deal of knowledge was lost with the civilization."
Turning back to Morgan, he continued, "As for Agent Kessinger, I'm personally glad to hear that, even knowing there's a high risk we'll cross paths under more mutually unpleasant circumstances later. If my adherence to the Geneva conventions troubles you, I'll be glad to discuss that later."
He pondered for a moment, "At least the sort of temporal shenanigans needed to prevent someone's death in the past is out of the question, then... Good."
Suddenly, he grinned mischievously. "An idea just formed... Would it be possible to arrange an, ah, accidental information leak over to Lux Itineris? Good information, of course, pertaining what we know of the Nephandi's locales and movements, which D'Angelo would not be able to justify ignoring? I seem to have the impression that they felt rather competitive about the hunt, after all, and should we somehow slip up and give them a competitive advantage in the matter, they might be at least briefly distracted from more troublesome pursuits."

((OOC: Enjoy your trip, and don't sit down in any anthills! Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caedus on Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:29 pm

Bruce would when he woke up gather up his usual equipment after a few moments confusion and go out of his room while drinking from his waterbottle. He goes to see who is out in the common area of the chantry while having a bow slung over his shoulder and his arrows ready. He has his bag of working equipment with him as well. He would just settle down in the common area to drink his water and start a conversation.

Caedus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:52 pm

"Vittoria D'Angelo creating trouble for someone again, you know Adley I am starting to really dislike that woman." Jeffry said with a sigh. "However Laisa is right if she get into a legal issue then the situation for Mr Jones will be very uncertain."

"All I know is that she told Mrs Tarmen she would have to return Gwen but you don't send a judge to do that unless you mean buisness," he said.

"I know and I promise I will be careful, but both for my own sake since he is a old friend that I care about, but also for this Tribunal, I can not ignore one of the most powerful magi in the city, and one of the Deacons of the most influential Chantry acting completely out of character, I have to go and see him, but yes I will keep my wits about me...and a few counterspells as the younger magi love to call them, prepared and ready."

"Very well. The rumours of what transpired must be circulating by now so hopefully it will take some of the heat from Mrs Tarmen. It would look bad for her for others to think she called in aid, she seemed most defeated in avenues to explore in this." He was worried after his mentor but he had his mind set and good reasons to go see what was going on with the Deacon. He also knew he was formidable in his own right and that he would be going in prepared. He sighed. "It's almost as if the moment the Nephandus struck our node, every problem crawled out of the woodwork."

(meeting)
Jeffry: "Yes they have definitive goals in mind, that much is clear, what those goals is however we do not yet know...

"We do, in broad strokes know the following goals: they wish to gain a mage who can manipulate time as well as recruit, they wish to strengthen their caul and they are awaiting something." He glanced over at the Chief again, so that he could follow up on the intelligence about the Labyrinth lord - or not.

Colin: Suddenly, he grinned mischievously. "An idea just formed... Would it be possible to arrange an, ah, accidental information leak over to Lux Itineris? Good information, of course, pertaining what we know of the Nephandi's locales and movements, which D'Angelo would not be able to justify ignoring? I seem to have the impression that they felt rather competitive about the hunt, after all, and should we somehow slip up and give them a competitive advantage in the matter, they might be at least briefly distracted from more troublesome pursuits."

"Yes, Deacon Dupuis is a competitive man," he agreed. "He wanted us to make bets on who brought them down first, which was distasteful. As we are sharing intel on the matter it should not be very difficult to set things up in that way, if so desired," he said, looking over at the Chief.

"Since we are short on time I think we need to work several avenues at once. However the first priority right now is to get those court documents and try to contact the Masters that examined Susannah Florentine, so my suggestion would be that while Mr Wainwright handle that avenue, and Master Steelhaven speak with his contacts on Horizon, you and I make a plan for how we might be able to trace down some more of the Nephandi." Jeffry Morgan said and looked at his apprentice. "That way we will get the most done in the least amount of time....We can discuss the Nephandi until the cows come home, but currently what we need to know is the situation on Horizon, the names of those Spirit Masters and more practical knowledge of both how to counteract the Nephandi and how to present them to the D'angelo's with nice bows on their corrupted little heads keeping the judges busy for a while."

He nodded."I agree," he said, looking towards the others to see what they thought of the next steps suggested, as so far it seemed to cover the areas where they could apply leverage.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq on Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:33 pm

Bianca's room:

The girl shrugs at her former Mentor. "Well, he's a big boy. One has to make a conscious decision to become a Nephandus, right? Let's hope he makes the right choice now that he knows he's a potential recruit." She grins at him. "Hey, Alien is not so bad, is it? I feel like an alien in this city after spending so long in that freaking hut with the hag."

Beatrice's room:

Bianca nods twice at Beatrice. "Yep, something like that. Well, not really so soon, she'd make you go through every nasty bit of pain a human body can endure before so mercifully letting you die." she says that pretty casually and matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, so I keep being told. I work with detailed recipes and rituals to make shit happen. You and our good dad here... not so much, from what I hear. I don't think it matters that much, to be honest. I'm very optimist about living here, one way or another."

She takes another sip on her tea and looks over to Beatrice. "So, what were you doing before we interrupted you?"
Jaq
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:47 am

Ok, i use 2 Quintessence. dif 6, and dif 7 the other (that's how i use my Quintessence).
Random.org: 6, 10, 1 and 10, 10, 7 (wow) DO i need more?

Tane started Chanting while circling the Eye. The eye had a shine in the center, and the Echoes started to move the shine until it turned to a flash that went out of the eye. As his tatoo, he also wanted to take out the monster or monsters from this spirit.

Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:27 pm

Adley and Colin meeting:

Colin met Amadeus' look for a few seconds, then closed his eyes and gave a small nod in acknowledgement. "Touché, Sir. Still, individual Magi aside, the culture seems to have suffered for it when Europeans arrived. Damn shame, to be honest; it seems a great deal of knowledge was lost with the civilization."

"That we can agree on Mr Wainwright, and it is indeed a great loss that the ancient Mayan culture vanished to a great degree."
The old mage muttered.
"One more culture of magick and wonder lost on the altar of advancement."
Amadeus said ruefully.

Turning back to Morgan, he continued, "As for Agent Kessinger, I'm personally glad to hear that, even knowing there's a high risk we'll cross paths under more mutually unpleasant circumstances later. If my adherence to the Geneva conventions troubles you, I'll be glad to discuss that later."

"As long as you are aware that the next time you meet Agent Kessinger there is a good chance she will try to put a bullet in you Mr Wainwright, she is an enemy. However if we had not made that deal with her then Mr Dale would not be back with his Nephandi allies and we would not have learned valuable information from him so it all worked out, I still say the only good Technocrat is a dead Technocrat, but the fair Agent Kessinger's demise will have to wait."
The old Hermetic grumbled, then he added.
"You may adhere to any code of conduct you please Mr Wainwright as long as you know Tradition law have to go before mundane allegiances, I will however try not to put you into a situation where your personal codes have to be broken if at all possible."
Jeffry said as he looked sternly at the Orphan.

He pondered for a moment, "At least the sort of temporal shenanigans needed to prevent someone's death in the past is out of the question, then... Good."
Suddenly, he grinned mischievously. "An idea just formed... Would it be possible to arrange an, ah, accidental information leak over to Lux Itineris? Good information, of course, pertaining what we know of the Nephandi's locales and movements, which D'Angelo would not be able to justify ignoring? I seem to have the impression that they felt rather competitive about the hunt, after all, and should we somehow slip up and give them a competitive advantage in the matter, they might be at least briefly distracted from more troublesome pursuits."

"Yes, Deacon Dupuis is a competitive man," he agreed. "He wanted us to make bets on who brought them down first, which was distasteful. As we are sharing intel on the matter it should not be very difficult to set things up in that way, if so desired," he said, looking over at the Chief.

Jeffry Morgan simply nodded.
"I agree I was going to share what we know of the Nephandi in either case, Lux Itineris are an allied Chantry and getting the Nephandi out of Boston is pretty high on our mutual wish list, if that can also buy some extra time for Miss Alexander, well then I am all for killing two birds with one stone."
The old war mage said.
"I will make sure the information discretely get to their attention."

"We do, in broad strokes know the following goals: they wish to gain a mage who can manipulate time as well as recruit, they wish to strengthen their caul and they are awaiting something." He glanced over at the Chief again, so that he could follow up on the intelligence about the Labyrinth lord - or not.

"That we do know."
The old war mage said as he glanced over at his apprentice.
"The Nephandi, after what Mr Dale told us are waiting for their Gilledian to arrive, we will want to take them out before this individual arrives for such a Fallen mage would be a problem. The Nephandi to choose their most powerful to be their leaders, but the Labyrinth Lords are hardly human anymore, such a being would be hard to defeat and his or her presence would strengthen the Npehandi."
Jeffry commented and Amadeus spoke up.
"Did this Nephandi prisoner say where this Labyrinth was located?"
The old Verbena said but Jeffry shook his head.
"No he did not, he gave some descriptions but he had not been allowed to know the way as his new allies did not yet fully trust him, from what the boy said though I would think the place is located in a pocket realm."
Amadeus nodded.
"Is there any chance that Sharaya can plot out the location from the information your prisoner gave you Morgan?"
The blood witch said and Jeffry looked thoughtful.
"I do not know, but it is a thought to ask him, Mr Sharaya is not well today however but I will ask him as soon as possible."
The war mage said and out of habit did not give the full details of why Narim was not feeling well, the Virtual Adept's Paradox issues where his own to discuss or not.

He nodded."I agree," he said, looking towards the others to see what they thought of the next steps suggested, as so far it seemed to cover the areas where they could apply leverage.

"Very well then."
George said.
"Then I think we have discussed what we can for now, I suggest we meet again tomorrow at the same time. Now until then if Mr Morgan would kindly escort Miss Alexander and ask Miss Telar to take that sample of her Avatar."
The old mage said but Amadeus suddenly spoke up then.
"I will take her, she might need my support I..."
The Verbena begun angrily but George lifted a thin hand and spoke calmly to the upset blood mage.
"It is better if you are not there when the sample is made Mr Nassa, as you are powerful enough and close enough to Miss Alexander that someone might accuse you of tampering with the sample, which means that whatever pain your apprentice will go through, is for nothing."
Amadeus looked like he wanted to protest again but Beatrice spoke up, her voice was shaking and it was clear that the young Verbena was afraid.
"Please mentor I will be alright."
The girl said but she sounded rather terrified, this whole situation had to remind her of her Branding. Jeffry sigh he looks at Amadeus.
"I will make sure she is safe Nassa, and besides I would like my apprentice to meet Miss Telar and he have shown a aptitude in being able to calm Miss Alexander down."
The old mage said then he turned to his apprentice.
"If you do not mind that is Adley? I suggest that we both escort Miss Alexander to have her...examination done, then I will take her to her mentor so he can care for her should she need attending."
The old mage said, he did not mention that Adley had an appointment with Cita Telar himself after the meeting, that to was his apprentice private affair, this way though the young mage could keep Beatrice calm until the sample was taken and then Jeffry could take the Verbena with him to her mentor giving Adlery privacy while the trouble with the Umbrood splinter was examined.

George waited for the details of who want to see Miss Telar was discussed then he turned to Colin.
"Meanwhile Mr Wainwright you need to see if Mr Gregario will be willing to talk with you, preferably talking with Miss Florentine would be a boon but as long as we get those court document we can move forwards."
The ancient mage said then he continued.
"Now meanwhile I will investigate the situation on Horizon and Jeffry if you would get the information about the Nephandi to our allies. Now as for you Mr Nassa, your job is to keep your apprentice safe as well as contacting her original advocate and get all documentation you can on her original trial. Mr Roth Hicks if you would assist Mr Wainwright once the court documents have been attained, and assist in whatever information gathering where your knowledge will be a boon."
The old mage said.
"Have I forgotten anything then? If not then I think we will do Miss Alexander more good by acting and gathering information right now than by discussing this any further until we have more information."

Adley Jeffry Morgan's office:

"All I know is that she told Mrs Tarmen she would have to return Gwen but you don't send a judge to do that unless you mean buisness," he said.

"I agree."
Jeffry said he looked quite concerned.
"I will have to see what I can find out."

"Very well. The rumours of what transpired must be circulating by now so hopefully it will take some of the heat from Mrs Tarmen. It would look bad for her for others to think she called in aid, she seemed most defeated in avenues to explore in this."

"The last thing I would want to to embarrass Laisa, however as you say there are bound to be rumors, and hopefully Alphonse will see my inquiry as simply and old friend being concerned."
The war mage said but the worried tone in his voice persisted.
"One thing that do concern me though, Mr Wainwright have an appointment with Alphonse this Saturday the way I understand it...if my old friend have shown such violence towards his own apprentice, do you think Colin will be safe with him?"
The old Hermetic asked his apprentice.
"After all everyone on this Chantry, including Mr Wainwright's safety are my responsibility. Well I guess you probably know even less then me in this situation, I will have to give my old friend a call tonight and see what he say and try to figure out what is wrong."
Jeffry muttered.

He was worried after his mentor but he had his mind set and good reasons to go see what was going on with the Deacon. He also knew he was formidable in his own right and that he would be going in prepared. He sighed. "It's almost as if the moment the Nephandus struck our node, every problem crawled out of the woodwork."

Jeffry gave a slight grin.
"Yes indeed, I feel like if I have stepped on the toes of a particularly potent and temperamental Euthanatoi who had then worked their fate magick on us, but then is not that always the case me filius, a problem seldom comes alone."
The old mage said then he folded his hand on the desk.
"Well you should give this Mr Lenoe a call, night will soon come and if you call him now he will be groggy and more likely to slip up and give more information then intended, the way I understand it, if he insist on meeting though we will have ti discuss who to send with you and where to have such a meeting and I just do not like it."
The old mage commented.
"And I will visit Alphonse and hope he is in a better mood than when he beat his poor apprentice half to death."
The Hermetic gave wry look then he sigh.
"If there where nothing else then Adley we should both get to our tasks."
Jeffry glanced at his wrist watch then nodded, he looked tired as well over all that had happened over the last couple of days though he would never admit it.
"Hum...meeting at five...then if I send a spirit inviting Alphone to meet me at nine I will have time to..."
The old mage muttered him himself he he pondered his plans for the day.

(OOC: I am back. Smile Now I am posting this now and then I will reply to the rest of you to avoid the wall of text thing.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:51 pm

Bruce:

Bruce would when he woke up gather up his usual equipment after a few moments confusion and go out of his room while drinking from his waterbottle. He goes to see who is out in the common area of the chantry while having a bow slung over his shoulder and his arrows ready. He has his bag of working equipment with him as well. He would just settle down in the common area to drink his water and start a conversation.

Currently you see Ryan Darehill and his apprentice Rosa Olson in the common room. Ryan smiles to you.
"I see you are back on your feet."
Ryan said, he did not ask how your Seeking had gone as that was a very private matter.
"How are you feeling Bruce? Do you need anything? I have prepared some food for Rosa and me but there are enough for three if you want any?"
The Cultist said and indicated the stew he and his apprentice was eating.

You also notice that you have messages on your phone. One of them is from Nico and say:

"Hi it is me, Nico we met today...would you like to have coffee or something and discuss combining yours and mine specialties in the lab?"

The there are two texts from Beatrice, both of them just sent to the entire Cabal one spoke about a meeting of the Cabal member in the morning, it also informed the others that you had been found collapsed into a Quiet. From this you can surmise that you have been out of it for one and a half day or so. The other message sent not that mange hours ago, also sent out to all of you said that the meeting had been delayed to around seven this evening, so in a couple of hours and hour be held in Beatrice's apartment.

Bianca Wednesday:

The girl shrugs at her former Mentor. "Well, he's a big boy. One has to make a conscious decision to become a Nephandus, right? Let's hope he makes the right choice now that he knows he's a potential recruit." She grins at him. "Hey, Alien is not so bad, is it? I feel like an alien in this city after spending so long in that freaking hut with the hag."

"Hopefully yes."
Amadeus commented.
"But the Nephandi are good at both threats and temptations, we will just have to keep Mr Darehill safe from them."
The old Verbena muttered.

Bianca nods twice at Beatrice. "Yep, something like that. Well, not really so soon, she'd make you go through every nasty bit of pain a human body can endure before so mercifully letting you die." she says that pretty casually and matter-of-factly.

Beatrice gave a slight grin.
"But I am the one who is corrupted."
She muttered wryly.
"Well the Hag have her good sides as well."

"Yeah, so I keep being told. I work with detailed recipes and rituals to make shit happen. You and our good dad here... not so much, from what I hear. I don't think it matters that much, to be honest. I'm very optimist about living here, one way or another."

"Well the way I understand it, you find the loopholes in reality and exploit them while we change reality as well, you bend the rules while we outright break them, or figuratively speaking you use a painting by numbers set while me and my mentor paint free hand, but now to me magick is magick, the how and why is less important that results."
Beatrice said then she smiles and takes her sister's hand.
"I at least are very glad to have you here."

She takes another sip on her tea and looks over to Beatrice. "So, what were you doing before we interrupted you?"

"I was studying a book in another Paradigm than my usual, one of my Cabal mates are teaching me a ritual, but he is a Hermetic so his Paradigm is very alien to me."
Beatrice said. Amadeus snorted at the mention of learning a ritual from a Hermetic and Beatrice sigh over his reaction.
"Do you object mentor?"
The young Verbena asked. Amadeus did not look like he liked it but he shook his head.
"No Beatrice I will allow it, I do not like it...but I will allow it."
The old Verbena muttered.
"I assume it is that Flambeau?"
Beatrice nodded.
"Adley yes, I wish you would give him a chance Mentor, he is quite nice."
Amadeus only snorted at that, he did not seam to be in the mood to be friendly to Hermetics.

Tane Wednesday:

You chant and you struggle to keep your grip on the snake being it is not easy for it is slippery but you do manage to keep it from moving, slowly you feel your sword becoming more in tune with your song, more in tune with the unseen world until you are sure it can reach the snakes tormenting the spirit.

(No it is enough, you can now strike at the snake spirit with your sword which you have given a reflection in the Umbra. Holding the snakes is hard but you are still holding them still.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:51 pm

Colin nodded, "One factor of the Conventions is that a released POW can't return to the front line. I... believe there's no need for further elaboration on the point."
As the meeting came to an end, he raised a hand.
"Sir, when you said you'd arrange an evaluation for me after the meeting, did you mean you would start the work after the meeting, or that you'd schedule it for immediately after the meeting? I just realized it was a bit ambiguous."

((OOC: Welcome back!))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:12 am

(office)

"The last thing I would want to to embarrass Laisa, however as you say there are bound to be rumors, and hopefully Alphonse will see my inquiry as simply and old friend being concerned." The war mage said but the worried tone in his voice persisted. "One thing that do concern me though, Mr Wainwright have an appointment with Alphonse this Saturday the way I understand it...if my old friend have shown such violence towards his own apprentice, do you think Colin will be safe with him?" The old Hermetic asked his apprentice. "After all everyone on this Chantry, including Mr Wainwright's safety are my responsibility. Well I guess you probably know even less then me in this situation, I will have to give my old friend a call tonight and see what he say and try to figure out what is wrong."

"I don't know...I don't feel inclined to trust his general nature based on your previous experiences at this juncture," he said flatly. "I know that it appeared that it was a meeting between soldiers but I cannot help but view everything as a potential trap or one sort or another, that we are being manipulated somehow. I even felt so at the time. Of course, I put this to the fact that we were dealing with the judge and Beatrice as well. But now I wonder if there is not more to it."

"Well you should give this Mr Lenoe a call, night will soon come and if you call him now he will be groggy and more likely to slip up and give more information then intended, the way I understand it, if he insist on meeting though we will have ti discuss who to send with you and where to have such a meeting and I just do not like it."

He nodded. "I will do so at twilight then, or as close as I can to it. I'm not sure if he'll be in his office then."

"And I will visit Alphonse and hope he is in a better mood than when he beat his poor apprentice half to death." The Hermetic gave wry look then he sigh."If there where nothing else then Adley we should both get to our tasks."

"Yes, pater." He got up and pushed the chair in, casting a concerned look at him briefly. Then he turned and left the office.

// What time is it now? And what season, or, when would it be dark enough for a vampire to wake up?

(meeting)
"As long as you are aware that the next time you meet Agent Kessinger there is a good chance she will try to put a bullet in you Mr Wainwright, she is an enemy. However if we had not made that deal with her then Mr Dale would not be back with his Nephandi allies and we would not have learned valuable information from him so it all worked out, I still say the only good Technocrat is a dead Technocrat, but the fair Agent Kessinger's demise will have to wait.

Colin nodded, "One factor of the Conventions is that a released POW can't return to the front line. I... believe there's no need for further elaboration on the point."

"I doubt that will happen with Agent Kessinger; at any rate she would only transfer the kill-hit to some other operative, if I were to guess, if there needed to be any more motivation for one of them to kill a 'deviant.'"

"Did this Nephandi prisoner say where this Labyrinth was located?" The old Verbena said but Jeffry shook his head.

"No he did not, he gave some descriptions but he had not been allowed to know the way as his new allies did not yet fully trust him, from what the boy said though I would think the place is located in a pocket realm."

Amadeus nodded. "Is there any chance that Sharaya can plot out the location from the information your prisoner gave you Morgan?" The blood witch said and Jeffry looked thoughtful.

"I do not know, but it is a thought to ask him, Mr Sharaya is not well today however but I will ask him as soon as possible."

He frowned and said nothing at first, then looked up at the Verbena Master. "From what I understand of Beatrice's paradigm, she uses blood to work her magick. Is there anyone who has a similar paradigm, using something of the physical nature, that is proficient in the ars...Sphere of Correspondence and Life? I'm not suggesting we hurt Mr Dale, he's been through enough and he will be gone soon to his fate, but just to capitalise on the fact that Mr Dale was physically at the location in question and for the moment he is here now, though not for much longer."

"I will make sure she is safe Nassa, and besides I would like my apprentice to meet Miss Telar and he have shown a aptitude in being able to calm Miss Alexander down." The old mage said then he turned to his apprentice. "If you do not mind that is Adley? I suggest that we both escort Miss Alexander to have her...examination done, then I will take her to her mentor so he can care for her should she need attending."

"No, I don't mind. As long as Beatrice does not mind, that is," he said, looking at her. He had to go to see Mrs Telar anyway, he knew but wouldn't intrude if Beatrice didn't want him to see what was going to happen to her.

"Have I forgotten anything then? If not then I think we will do Miss Alexander more good by acting and gathering information right now than by discussing this any further until we have more information."
Colin: "Sir, when you said you'd arrange an evaluation for me after the meeting, did you mean you would start the work after the meeting, or that you'd schedule it for immediately after the meeting? I just realized it was a bit ambiguous."

He waited until Colin's question was answered and then nodded to the Primus, stood up and gave him a short bow. "Thank you, Primus I will see you tomorrow evening then, unless something should happen." Then he walked over by the door and waited for Beatrice and his mentor  to go see the Adept Master. He was curious about her as well as grateful that she was there. She had been conscripted into a few favours out of one.

//Welcome back! Hope you had a nice time! = )
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:50 am

Adley and Colin meeting:

As the meeting came to an end, he raised a hand.

"Well that would be nice but the Technocracy do not follow those conventions, neither do we for that matter or the Nephandi or the Marauders so for our society it is a moot point, but we can discuss it later if you so desire Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry Morgan said and sighed, he clearly where not the biggest fan of these sleeper rules for war.

"Sir, when you said you'd arrange an evaluation for me after the meeting, did you mean you would start the work after the meeting, or that you'd schedule it for immediately after the meeting? I just realized it was a bit ambiguous."

Jeffry checked his watch.
"Ok let me see it is now close to six, I know your Cabal is planning to meet at seven and I need another witness and you need time to prepare, I have an appointment and nine thirty, hum...make your phone calls and then drop by my office either when you are done with them if there is time before seven or around eight Mr Wainwright depending on how much time you need to prepare."
The old mage said as he stood at the end of the meeting and bowed to George.
"I have a dinner appointment myself at seven, other than that I am free until about nine."

"I doubt that will happen with Agent Kessinger; at any rate she would only transfer the kill-hit to some other operative, if I were to guess, if there needed to be any more motivation for one of them to kill a 'deviant.'"

Jeffry looked at his apprentice and got a glum look in his eyes and he nodded.
"Like I said the Technocracy have no such rules of engagement, they will try to kill what they see as deviants and especially mages because they feel that is the only way to make reality safe, they think they are doing the right thing, protecting people from the horrors the supernatural and magick can inflict, there is no reason for Agent Kessinger to stop that, perhaps as she was released she will feel worse about it, or be more merciful when she exterminate us, but remember always that for the Union this is not a war, it is a dangerous extermination process, they hunt their own kind, that is what they do."
The old mage said bitterly.

He frowned and said nothing at first, then looked up at the Verbena Master. "From what I understand of Beatrice's paradigm, she uses blood to work her magick. Is there anyone who has a similar paradigm, using something of the physical nature, that is proficient in the ars...Sphere of Correspondence and Life? I'm not suggesting we hurt Mr Dale, he's been through enough and he will be gone soon to his fate, but just to capitalise on the fact that Mr Dale was physically at the location in question and for the moment he is here now, though not for much longer."

"I know a little of what is called the Sphere of Correspondence."
Amadeus said.
"But not enough to be useful in this regard, however finding someone who are should not be to difficult and getting a few arcane connections from the prisoner is not a bad idea and should not hurt him, blood can be drawn rather painlessly with a needle."
The old Verbena said.
"I have some contacts over at Riverside that might be able to work with blood in such a way, and many Hermetics that are knowledge in the Sphere of Correspondence could use a vial of blood or a lock of the boy's hair to establish where he have been."
The old Verbena could not quite bring himself to tell Adley good thinking, not quite but he did give the young Hermetic's suggestion an approving nod.
George nodded.
"Very well one of you please handle taking a sample of blood and a bit of hair from Mr Dale before he is shipped to Horizon, be as kind as you can there is no need to hurt he boy more than he already will be."

"No, I don't mind. As long as Beatrice does not mind, that is," he said, looking at her. He had to go to see Mrs Telar anyway, he knew but wouldn't intrude if Beatrice didn't want him to see what was going to happen to her.

Beatrice looked up at Adley and shook her head.
"I do not mind."
The young Verbena muttered, in fact she would be glad to have her friend there. Beatrice was rather pale now and she looked terrified but she got to her feet and curtsied to the thee Masters in the room as the meeting came to an end.
"Thank you all for helping me."
The young Verbena muttered in a whisper.

He waited until Colin's question was answered and then nodded to the Primus, stood up and gave him a short bow. "Thank you, Primus I will see you tomorrow evening then, unless something should happen." Then he walked over by the door and waited for Beatrice and his mentor to go see the Adept Master. He was curious about her as well as grateful that she was there. She had been conscripted into a few favours out of one.

Beatrice and your mentor joined you as you left the Council Chambers. Jeffry lead the way to the stairs and then down one of the corridors with apartments.
"I gave Cita one of the guest rooms."
He explained as he walked.

Beatrice was very quiet as she walked, she stumbled a few times and her eyes was large and frightened. Jeffry glanced at the Verbena a few times but there was little he could do to reassure her. Finally the group got to the right door and the old Hermetic knocked on it. Soon thereafter the door was opened and you see Cita Telar for the first time. The Virtual Adept Master was not a large woman, in fact she only stood about a hand taller than Beatrice, and she looked quite young at first glance with short, dark hair striped in blue, a simple flowery tshirt over worn blue denim shorts, one arm decorated by a multitude of silicon bracelets. Cita's face was sharply angled, with a thin chin, high cheekbones and almond shaped dark eyes, it was those eye though that revealed her age, for while the fair skinned, pretty woman looked a mere girl in her 20's at first glance her eyes where mature and full of experience, good or bad, it was the eyes of someone quite a bit older than her young visage.
"Jeffry come in."
Cita said in a cheerful voice and she gave your mentor a look and a smile that lingered a little before she turned to you and Beatrice.
"Do I jump to conclusions if I assume you are Jeffry's student Adley Roth Hicks? I am Cita Telar bani Virtual Adepts."
The Virtual Adept said and extended her hand towards Adley in greeting then she smiles to Beatrice.
"And you I know, you are Beatrice Alexander, you have that pretty fallen angel for an Avatar."
The Adept said and Beatrice broke out of her gloom to smile just a little.
"How do you do Master Telar?"
The young Verbena asked politely and Cita smiles.
"Just call me Cita, everyone do."

Adley Morgan's office:

"I don't know...I don't feel inclined to trust his general nature based on your previous experiences at this juncture," he said flatly. "I know that it appeared that it was a meeting between soldiers but I cannot help but view everything as a potential trap or one sort or another, that we are being manipulated somehow. I even felt so at the time. Of course, I put this to the fact that we were dealing with the judge and Beatrice as well. But now I wonder if there is not more to it."

"Yes this meeting between Alphonse and your Cabalmate worry me greatly, will you please talk with Mr Wainwright about it and tell him to take all possible care, hopefully I will know a little more about my old friend's intention once I meet with him."
Jeffry said and give a concerned sigh.
"I would prefer Mr Wainwright did not go to see Alphonse at all, but your Cabalmate have shown himself to be rather stubborn and I will not command him unless I absolutely have to."

He nodded. "I will do so at twilight then, or as close as I can to it. I'm not sure if he'll be in his office then."

"At twilight he will be in his bed waking up I presume, but I will jump to the conclusion Mr Lenoe have one go these ghastly things as well."
Jeffry said and tapped at his cell phone.
"Normally it would be rude to call someone one know are in bed, but I think we will make an exception from the regular rule of decorum in just this case."
The old mage gave a slight smile.

"Yes, pater." He got up and pushed the chair in, casting a concerned look at him briefly. Then he turned and left the office.

"Good day Adley I will see you at the meeting."
Jeffry said as his apprentice left.

(It is late Autumn and the time is about 4:30 so it is not dark but dusk have set in though the sun is still up. Whatever or not Lenoe are up however depends on allot of factors Adley do not know but OOC a high Humanity vampire would be stirring at this time and would be awake enough to to roused by the sound of a phone and be alert enough to carry on a conversation, a low Humanity one you could put needles in their eyes and they would sleep just as well.)

(OOC: Thank you both I did have a good time yes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:58 am

Tane then took the Sword with a strong grip and sliced the heads of the snakes. Maybe it was the end of it. He would wanted it so.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:47 am

The snake creature screamed as it's heads hit the ground, then slowly the entity turned to ash, was that the end of it? It was hard to know for sure with spirits, but it was not here anymore at least. The host spirit fell to it's knees, there where large wounds where the snakes had been but at least it was no longer being controlled.
"Thank you mage..."
The spirit said, struggling to make out the words, it was very weakened from it's wounds.
"Thank you, I though that horror would devour me until there was nothing left, if there is anything I can do to repay your kindness I will."
The weakened entity whispered, it was clearly in pain but had not at least been released from the one tormenting it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:56 am

(office)

"Yes this meeting between Alphonse and your Cabalmate worry me greatly, will you please talk with Mr Wainwright about it and tell him to take all possible care, hopefully I will know a little more about my old friend's intention once I meet with him." Jeffry said and give a concerned sigh. "I would prefer Mr Wainwright did not go to see Alphonse at all, but your Cabalmate have shown himself to be rather stubborn and I will not command him unless I absolutely have to."

"You find him stubborn?" he said, with a bit of surprise. He wondered what he'd challenged him on. "Let me know how it goes tonight then I'll speak with him. At least let him know there is more going on."

"At twilight he will be in his bed waking up I presume, but I will jump to the conclusion Mr Lenoe have one go these ghastly things as well."
Jeffry said and tapped at his cell phone. "Normally it would be rude to call someone one know are in bed, but I think we will make an exception from the regular rule of decorum in just this case." The old mage gave a slight smile.

"One rude turn deserves another. At least I'm not sending a note with his student, containing the following, 'I know what you are, vampire," he said with a wry look. "I'll see if I can get his personal line."

"Good day Adley I will see you at the meeting." Jeffry said as his apprentice left.

He walked back towards his room. It looked like he had a vampire to call...

//alright, well if there's only a half hour till the meeting I figure he'll give it a shot and if no one picks up, he'll just have to try later not like there is an abundance of choice. Assuming he can get Lenoe's cell number - it wasn't included in the letter, was it? If not he'll have to try his office, then the trunk line at work and request it maybe.

(meeting)

Amadeus: "But not enough to be useful in this regard, however finding someone who are should not be to difficult and getting a few arcane connections from the prisoner is not a bad idea and should not hurt him, blood can be drawn rather painlessly with a needle." The old Verbena said. "I have some contacts over at Riverside that might be able to work with blood in such a way, and many Hermetics that are knowledge in the Sphere of Correspondence could use a vial of blood or a lock of the boy's hair to establish where he have been."...he did give the young Hermetic's suggestion an approving nod.

He wasn't thrilled about the idea of drawing blood from the boy, not after what he had talked about with him, how he'd gotten the information in the first place. But if it would secure the location with minimal risk and it wouldn't harm him very much it was going to have to be acceptable.

"Very well one of you please handle taking a sample of blood and a bit of hair from Mr Dale before he is shipped to Horizon, be as kind as you can there is no need to hurt he boy more than he already will be."

"I would suggest asking him for it first. He seemed...remorseful, like he wanted to help. I'm no doctor, I can't help with this. Far better someone skilled."

"I do not mind." The young Verbena muttered, in fact she would be glad to have her friend there. Beatrice was rather pale now and she looked terrified but she got to her feet and curtsied to the thee Masters in the room as the meeting came to an end. "Thank you all for helping me."

"I will speak with you later, Colin," he said with an appreciative nod to him.

(Cita's room)

Adley walked alongside Beatrice to Cita's room, putting out a hand to grab her when she tripped in case she fell. He waited to be admitted at the door. When she opened it, he was surprised by the youth of the woman on the other side. He also noticed the look that she gave his mentor. It seemed the admiration was mutual. Well.

"Do I jump to conclusions if I assume you are Jeffry's student Adley Roth Hicks? I am Cita Telar bani Virtual Adepts." The Virtual Adept said and extended her hand towards Adley in greeting...

"Yes, Master Telar. Thank you for assisting us; Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau," he reached over and took her hand in his for a polite shake with a nod of his head in a slight bow of respect.

"How do you do Master Telar?" The young Verbena asked politely and Cita smiles. "Just call me Cita, everyone do.

"As you like," he replied. He wondered if it was an Virtual Adept behaviour not to stand on the ceremony of titles for longer than necessary. "You can call me Adley, then if you wish." It was only fair; besides she was about to look at his avatar and called his mentor by his first name. Though for different reasons it seemed. He looked at Beatrice and nodded to her. "It will be alright. Master Telar is also going to assist me also with the Umbral shard, to see how it...is," he said, figuring at least she knew he wasn't asking her to trust someone he didn't trust with something of equal value.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:51 am

Office:

"You find him stubborn?" he said, with a bit of surprise. He wondered what he'd challenged him on. "Let me know how it goes tonight then I'll speak with him. At least let him know there is more going on."

"Oh yes, but then a good leader need a bit of stubbornness, there is a difference between being stubborn and being irrational and I think Mr Wainwright is the former, in either case talking with him is wise, he need to know that something might be wrong with Alphonse before he go and meet the man alone."

"One rude turn deserves another. At least I'm not sending a note with his student, containing the following, 'I know what you are, vampire," he said with a wry look. "I'll see if I can get his personal line."

The old mage chuckled at that.
"Well you may be right about that, and good luck."
He said though there where worry hidden behind that amused chuckle.

//alright, well if there's only a half hour till the meeting I figure he'll give it a shot and if no one picks up, he'll just have to try later not like there is an abundance of choice. Assuming he can get Lenoe's cell number - it wasn't included in the letter, was it? If not he'll have to try his office, then the trunk line at work and request it maybe.

Getting Dennis Lenoe's cell number from the trunk line at work proved rather simple as he had left it there in case anyone needed to contact him. Lily Miles a art teacher you know in passing found the number for you and read it to you when you called to inquire about it.
"Mr Lenoe is notorious for not picking up during the day though, and the one time I got through he sounded drugged."
The art teacher informed you, the woman was a bit of a gossip and liked to get involved in the affairs of others where she was not welcome.

Finally when you have the number for Lenoe you give him a call and the phone rings three time before you hear a very groggy, tired voice that mutters.
"Yes this is Dennis Lenoe...what can I do for you."
The man's voice that usually was chipper and precise, you remember from work, was now sluggish and if he had been awoken from a deep sleep and still was not completely awake.

Meeting:

"I would suggest asking him for it first. He seemed...remorseful, like he wanted to help. I'm no doctor, I can't help with this. Far better someone skilled."

"We can see if your Dr Lee can do it, if not then I have used a syringe before and if you are worried the boy will feel pain I can take care of that easily."
Amadeus said as he leaned back.
"Very well I will take care of this, I will ask D Lee to ask the prisoner for a blood sample, and if he do not have the time I will do the same."
The Verbena said and added since several in the room seamed rather concerned about the young Nephandu's well being.
"I am a blood mage, I have had apprentices myself and helped instruct others who have been young and nervous at one point in time, I know how to draw blood and not cause pain."

Cita's Room:

Adley walked alongside Beatrice to Cita's room, putting out a hand to grab her when she tripped in case she fell. He waited to be admitted at the door. When she opened it, he was surprised by the youth of the woman on the other side. He also noticed the look that she gave his mentor. It seemed the admiration was mutual. Well.

Beatrice gave Adley a thankful glance when he kept her from hitting the floor when she tripped but she said nothing, she quietly followed the others inside the Virtual Adept's room.

"Yes, Master Telar. Thank you for assisting us; Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau," he reached over and took her hand in his for a polite shake with a nod of his head in a slight bow of respect.

"It is nice to meet you, I would like to say that Jeffry have told me much about you, but he have not, he respect your privacy to much but he have said how proud he is of you, I am glad to finally meet you."

"As you like," he replied. He wondered if it was an Virtual Adept behaviour not to stand on the ceremony of titles for longer than necessary. "You can call me Adley, then if you wish." It was only fair; besides she was about to look at his avatar and called his mentor by his first name. Though for different reasons it seemed.

"Adley then, a nice name."
The Adept said with a smile as she showed her three visitors into the living room and then went to the kitchenette to find cups for coffee. In the middle of the living room table stood a laptop computer that looked custom built, it looked rather old to and was large but that did not need to mean anything. Cita returned with the cups and poured coffee in them and handed them out.
"So Jeffry your apprentice I expected, Miss Alexander I did not..."
The spirit healer said and your mentor sigh and started to explain the situation.
"Well we are having some problems with a over zealous Quaesitor going after Miss Alexander and she need to be able to prove that she did not partake of a corrupted node her Cabal found themselves near a couple of days ago."
Cita nodded as she sipped her own coffee.
"A sample of the core Quintessence then?"
She asked and Jeffry nodded.
"Yes, I would not bother you with this Cita but the girl have been Branded, I understand that you know about her case, and if I where to take the sample it would cause her far more pain than if you where to extract it, your touch are more delicate than mine when it comes to Avatars."
Your mentor said and Cita smiles.
"Ah a sweet talker now are you Jeffry? But really there is no problem, the process is quickly done."
The Technomancer agreed.

He looked at Beatrice and nodded to her. "It will be alright. Master Telar is also going to assist me also with the Umbral shard, to see how it...is," he said, figuring at least she knew he wasn't asking her to trust someone he didn't trust with something of equal value.

Beatrice was shaking but she looked up when Adley spoke to her, she gave a weak smile, but then she seamed to forget about her own troubles for a while when the young Hermetic mentioned the Umbrood shard stuck in his Avatar.
"Good, I worry about you."
Beatrice muttered.
"Do the shard still hurt you Adley?"
The young Verbena asked in a worried tone of voice.

Cita in the meantime put her coffee down and started typing on her computer.
"Ok then who of you two are first?"
She asked then she smiles.
"And do not worry I know what I am doing."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:47 pm

Colin nodded to Morgan, and as people started to leave, pulled out his phone and dialed the number he'd been given to reach Gregario.

((OOC: Morgan thinks Colin is stubborn? Now, really, pot, kettle, black. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:05 pm

There where a few rings before the phone was picked up and a soft male voice with a hint of sadness to it spoke.
"This is Micah Gregario what can I do for you?"
The man said in the slightly surprised tone of one would expect from someone getting a call from a number one did not recognize.

(OOC: Well perhaps Morgan have do business calling someone else stubborn, but do you want to tell that to a man who can create a nuclear blast with his mind? Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:11 pm

--- Thursday, Phone ---
Colin spoke softly, kindly, "Ah, good day, Sir. My name is Colin Wainwright, Orphan, and I call on behalf of a personal friend with a problem. A problem which was faced by an associate of yours, I believe her name is Miss Florentine?"

((OOC: Hey, I figure if a Hermetic who has lived several times longer than myself calls me "stubborn" and leaves it at that, I must be doing SOMETHING right. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top