Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:20 am

Adley:

"There may be two more things that you might do if it is within your legal power to grant. If this ritual must be done, would you allow me to be in the room with her, so that she can have at least one friendly face? She has asked me to do so.

"There is nothing in the laws against this, as long as you do not disturb the ritual you can be wherever you want in the room, I do not mind and if you can help keep the girl calm or at least calmer that will just make things go smoother."
Tolle agreed.

The other thing I would ask is that she be given her dignity. I know that in Susanna's case, the condemned mage was stripped naked. I would ask to spare Beatrice of this abject humilation, as it has nothing to do with the state of her avatar nor does it seem to be necessary to complete the rite."

"The stripping of a condemned mage before Gilgul is a tradition that came into being with Heylel Teomim Thoabath, it is a common practice but not itself law, I will allow for it to be forgone in this case, there is no need to make this worse for the girl than it have to be."
The old judge said and nodded.

"I see. In that case, good luck. Fates know we need some." His pater did not seem to hold faith that the Council would see them and was going straight to the top. He had three hours to find him. "Perhaps you might enlist assistance of finding him. Until then, I will do what must be done here, though know that you carry some of my last hope with you as you go."

"I would kiss the ass of the Grand harvester himself if I thought it would bring us some luck...then I would burn him to a cinder, but that is beside to point."
Your mentor muttered then he gave you a measured smile.
"I hope I am able to do that Adley, and thank you, I...perhaps it is not to late to hope, at least when all of this is over I will know I did all I could."

"I am not sure how she will react...or I should say, that her avatar might react to such news. Would you please remain close by for a little while? When Rosa found out she took off and I can't have that happen again."

"Off course, I will stay right here in the living room."
Antonio said.
"It would not surprise me if she panicked...it would surprise me more if she do not, can any mage walk calmly to...that."
Th scribe shuddered.
"Well as for her Avatar, form her art that hang on the walls I am taking a wild guess that it is Primordial and they can be troublesome I hear, and are also the Essence most likely to decide to act independently of it' mage. I will do what I can if there is trouble."

and then sat on the edge of Beatrice's bed. It wouldn't do to put it off but it was hard. How did one tell someone that they were about to have their avatar sundered? There was no good way. He reached out with an arm and gently shook her on the shoulder. "Wake now, little sister."

Beatrice opened her eyes, she had regained some color in her cheeks, the sleep had done her well and she no longer felt her head spinning.
"Adley?"
The young Verbena muttered confused as to why the Hermetic would be there by her bedside, then she remembered how she had helped her mentor heal a Marauder prisoner, how she had become for a lack of a better term, drunk on Quintessence, her memory was foggy but she had a vague recollection of Colin and Adley helping her to her bed.
"Oh shit, I hope I did not say anything to...embarrassing."
Beatrice said and sat up and put a thin hand to her head, it was not often she swore but it felt appropriate this time.
"Sorry for the trouble and thank you, this is why I don't drink."
The Verbena muttered, hum...she had a bit of a headache but nothing to bad...she still had to little blood in her system though, she would have to start to work on that but she should probably let her Avatar refill the Quintessence in her system first as it had been pretty much drained.
"I think I know how the Duracell bunny feel...when it finally run out of juice."
Beatrice muttered she gave Adley a small smile, he was probably there to check on her...but then she felt it, her Avatar was apprehensive...fearful, something had to be wrong for it to feel like this.
"Ehm...is something going on?"
The young blood witch said and looked up at her friend now suddenly nervous herself.
"My Avatar is...not happy."

Colin:

Colin nodded and opened the little case. "It is finished; if you would like me to present it to her, I will, but I believe you would present its history far better than I could. I would have liked to have finished transcribing Teomim's speech for her, as well, but there's simply not enough time... She asked me if I could get it for her without the images, since you forbade them."

Amadeus gently lifted the sickle and looked at it, running a finger down the inscriptions.
"It is beautiful Mr Wainwright, my own mentor would have been pleased to see it restored to such a condition...thank you. I will come to your store and pay you...when things settle down."
The old Verbena said and put the blade back into the box.
"I...I would like to give it to her myself...she i my apprentice and...while I might not be able to save her, I can at least show her that I love her and respect her as a mage worthy of my lineage...while she still is one...damned it this is not right."
Amadeus said and hit the wall hard with his fist, breaking the plaster can creating a hole.
"As for the speech...I understand why she wanted to read it, Heylel for all else he was...and despite being half woman had balls of steel, he faced his fate and spit in his accusers eye...but the images in the Fragile Path, I do not think Beatrice should see those."
The old blood mage said and sigh.

He sighed, "I've turned the situation over and over in my mind, looking for the smallest conceivable loophole we could use, the wildest trick we could get away with legally... but I've got nothing."

"No, I got nothing, and damned it for all the talk of precedence and equality before the law, that is not followed, most widderslainte that are given mercy are not given such stays of execution they are simply allowed to live under their mentor's protection, for a widderslainte it is completely up in the air what will happen to him or her, Amanda of Cerberus was never even brought to trial, a boy a few years ago was simply found guilty but was given leave to content to study under his mentor, granted the Traditions had tried to Gilgul him earlier before he became a member and got a powerful man's protection, and then there are this Florentine girl who where just Gilgulled, no stay, no mercy no nothing, and then there is Beatrice, the law is chaos when it comes to widderslainte members of the Traditions."
Amadeus said angrily.

(OOC: Amadeus show up after about ten minutes but he stay outside and wait, Colin show up after one hour.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:50 am

Colin nodded, handing over the box. "Take all the time you need... your credit is good in my shop. And I agree, the images in the book are rather... graphic. Too graphic for anyone, I should say."
He pondered for a moment, "You know, my copilot from Iraq is a solicitor. He said the strangest thing; he claimed that law, justice and order were independent of one another, and that on rare occasions a miracle would occur, and the three would overlap... And then he would go on a rant about how those who made the former were ignorant of the latter two. I'm beginning to see more clearly what he meant."
He patted Amadeus somberly on the arm, nudging him toward the door, "You go give her the sickle... I'll wait."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:54 am

"There is nothing in the laws against this, as long as you do not disturb the ritual you can be wherever you want in the room, I do not mind and if you can help keep the girl calm or at least calmer that will just make things go smoother." Tolle agreed...The stripping of a condemned mage before Gilgul is a tradition that came into being with Heylel Teomim Thoabath, it is a common practice but not itself law, I will allow for it to be forgone in this case, there is no need to make this worse for the girl than it have to be." The old judge said and nodded.

It was not much. The end result would be the same. But at least she would not be without friends, naked amongst strangers and D'Angelo when it happened. What happened to her would not be forgotten either. At least not by him self and those that she cared about.

"I hope I am able to do that Adley, and thank you, I...perhaps it is not to late to hope, at least when all of this is over I will know I did all I could."

He was unsure what he'd done to earn thanks but took to hear that they would have done all they could have. That was what he'd set out to do from the start and though it had hardly gone the way he wanted so far, it was good that his pater was going to do every single thing he could think of short of being executed for breaking the law. That he would try where he could not. He nodded to him and went to go to see to Beatrice.

"Off course, I will stay right here in the living room." Antonio said. "It would not surprise me if she panicked...it would surprise me more if she do not, can any mage walk calmly to...that." The scribe shuddered. "Well as for her Avatar, form her art that hang on the walls I am taking a wild guess that it is Primordial and they can be troublesome I hear, and are also the Essence most likely to decide to act independently of it's mage. I will do what I can if there is trouble."

He nodded. "Yes that is my concern. Thank you." It was possible that after all this that she would panic, that her avatar would rage in its last moments to try to escape its fate. That it might attack anyone like a cornered person. She would know what was going on the moment she saw the cuffs, when they appeared though and that was that.

He waited as she sat up, looking much like anyone who had too much to drink and was thinking about having a hangover. "Nothing too embarrassing, no. You were not much trouble." He could see though that she was unnerved quite quickly, she knew something was wrong. When she asked him, he reached out to take her hand. "Beatrice, there is no easy way to say this to you, for despite many things that have been put between us we are friends and I care about you very much." He looked at her, heartache in his eyes. "The judge has come with the Masters of the Ars. Despite what we have so far tried, we could change the facts that you breached the stay. For now they have gone to come back in two and a half hours time to perform the ritual." Here, he had to stop, knowing that she would be scared, upset and perhaps her avatar angry and also because he was as well. "I am so sorry Beatrice...my pater has gone to try to get help from Master Porthos Fitz-Empress of our House himself, at Horizon. And one of the Quaesitores is currently investigating if your unique state may have bearing under the law . But those are our last hopes. In the meantime, I have come to help you...prepare."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:58 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, handing over the box. "Take all the time you need... your credit is good in my shop. And I agree, the images in the book are rather... graphic. Too graphic for anyone, I should say."

"They say Porthos himself drew those pictures, perhaps to warn us what that ritual really is...oh heavens Beatrice they are going to do that to her...she is going to suffer like that..."
Amadeus turned away as fresh tears welled up in his blue eyes.
"She is little more than a child, and she have done nothing wrong, it is not her fault how she was born, this just is not right."
The old mage muttered, his voice shook with pain over his apprentice's fate.

He pondered for a moment, "You know, my copilot from Iraq is a solicitor. He said the strangest thing; he claimed that law, justice and order were independent of one another, and that on rare occasions a miracle would occur, and the three would overlap... And then he would go on a rant about how those who made the former were ignorant of the latter two. I'm beginning to see more clearly what he meant."

"Law and justice are often not the same yes, but how far are one to let an injustice go, how many inocents are to be hurt before one see a law a wrong."
The old mage muttered.

He patted Amadeus somberly on the arm, nudging him toward the door, "You go give her the sickle... I'll wait."

The old mage sigh he looks down at the box in his hands.
"I...will give it to her, but you know what I want to do is take her and run. I am not the best Umbral traveler, but I can manage...I do not care if they execute me, I just come back, no new life for mer, just the same bloody consciousness that comes back over and over again, but if I could get her to Cerberus, perhaps Senex would protect her...perhaps she would be safe...the problem is getting that far, as those who would hunt us down are just better in the Umbra than I...faster..."
Amadeus muttered, more to himself than to Colin as he faced the door to his apprentice's chambers.

Adley:

He waited as she sat up, looking much like anyone who had too much to drink and was thinking about having a hangover. "Nothing too embarrassing, no. You were not much trouble."

"That is a relief."
Beatrice said with a little smile, after all who knew what she could have done or said in that condition, the young Verbena's relief was short lived though.

He could see though that she was unnerved quite quickly, she knew something was wrong. When she asked him, he reached out to take her hand. "Beatrice, there is no easy way to say this to you, for despite many things that have been put between us we are friends and I care about you very much.

That is when Beatrice knew something was seriously wrong, both that Adley would take her hand like that and his words...caring as they where, warming as they where, they could only mean two things, the death of someone close to her or...her time was up. The young mage's hand shook in Adley's grip, her fingers curled, Beatrice did not know if she wanted to hear the rest the Hermetic had to say, but there was no choice...the words would come and tear her world down as they did.

He looked at her, heartache in his eyes. "The judge has come with the Masters of the Ars. Despite what we have so far tried, we could change the facts that you breached the stay. For now they have gone to come back in two and a half hours time to perform the ritual."

Beatrice's eyes filled with panic, she knew this would most likely come, all since D'Angelo had threatened her she had known but to have it right in font of her. The young Verbena let out a blood curdling scream of pure terror before she just sort of collapsed in her bed.
"No...please...no..."
The young blood witch muttered as she begun to sob, her hand curled around Adley, holding onto her friend for dear life as she sobbed hysterically.
"No..."
Beatrice repeated. As of yet her Avatar did not lash out, but the cloth hanging over the portrait of the soul fluttered softly...and there where no breeze in the room.

Here, he had to stop, knowing that she would be scared, upset and perhaps her avatar angry and also because he was as well. "I am so sorry Beatrice...my pater has gone to try to get help from Master Porthos Fitz-Empress of our House himself, at Horizon. And one of the Quaesitores is currently investigating if your unique state may have bearing under the law . But those are our last hopes. In the meantime, I have come to help you...prepare."

Beatrice did not seam to hear the rest of what the Hermetic was saying, she was hysterical, curling into a ball on her bed, sob wrecking her small frame as sh cried so hard she had to gasp for breath every now and again. In the corner of your eye, in the mirror on her closet door you think you see something, a being watching you, a horrible creature a man that looks so old a decrepit he should be in the grave, with long, taloned fingers, and leathery wings with broken and ragged pieces of skin hanging from it, the being's eyes where the worst though, they where burning with anger and malice, and yet in those pits there where nothing, it was not that the creature lacked eyes, it did, but there where more than the darkness of eyeless pits, there where literary nothing staring at you, the being had eyes made of non existence itself. When you turn your head the figure is gone and the mirror just reflect the room, but it was there...you are sure of it, watching you with a burning rage and deep fear.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:35 am

The young Verbena let out a blood curdling scream of pure terror before she just sort of collapsed in her bed. "No...please...no..."
The young blood witch muttered as she begun to sob, her hand curled around Adley, holding onto her friend for dear life as she sobbed hysterically. "No..."

"Beatrice...Beatrice, please...listen..." He swallowed a thick lump in his throat and moved closer to her, her shrill cry crawling over his skin. He reached down to stroke her hair. Oh, but he'd thought that he could sit here and be strong for her but he found that tears were welling up in his eyes. He didn't sob but they were there, along with the sense of hurt and empathy.

In the corner of your eye, in the mirror on her closet door you think you see something, a being watching you, a horrible creature a man that looks so old a decrepit he should be in the grave, with long, taloned fingers, and leathery wings with broken and ragged pieces of skin hanging from it, the being's eyes where the worst though, they where burning with anger and malice, and yet in those pits there where nothing, it was not that the creature lacked eyes, it did, but there where more than the darkness of eyeless pits, there where literary nothing staring at you, the being had eyes made of non existence itself. When you turn your head the figure is gone and the mirror just reflect the room, but it was there...you are sure of it, watching you with a burning rage and deep fear.

An uneasy prickling awareness overtook him and his eyes drifted towards the mirror. He stopped moving about halfway as he caught it, he didn't know how it was possible, but he knew somehow it was letting him know. It was there. It was afraid and it was angry. It was...an emptiness within itself, a dark hollow abyss that he could not look upon. The fallen avatar was watching him, watching his every move. There was a confusing sense of revulsion at it's horrid form and yet...if it were true that it was not entirely gone, this was what he'd wanted to save beyond reason and doubt. To return it to its former state. That despite what it looked like and seemed to be there was something left worth saving. And he still did wish to, though he could not any more than he could protect Beatrice from the truth or the law or make time. He couldn't stop himself from finally directing his full attention to it and it slipped away from his senses as quickly as it had shown itself.

"I am sorry..." And he was. For Beatrice most of all, for she had done no wrong. Perhaps someday he might find a way, he might see a Fallen avatar be cleansed and that he would somehow help in that. But that did not seem to be this evening. Not unless his father did the impossible himself. "Beatrice, please, breathe. Here, come here." He tried to help her away from her hysterical sobbing and gently pulling her towards him for a hug. There was little else to do.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:48 am

"Beatrice...Beatrice, please...listen..." He swallowed a thick lump in his throat and moved closer to her, her shrill cry crawling over his skin. He reached down to stroke her hair. Oh, but he'd thought that he could sit here and be strong for her but he found that tears were welling up in his eyes. He didn't sob but they were there, along with the sense of hurt and empathy.

Beatrice could feel Adley's hand stroking her hair, it was comforting knowing she was not alone but she could not stop her desperate sobs, she did not want to loose her magick...what's more she did not want to loose her Avatar, the companion that had walked by her side for eleven years, watching her, guiding her, the spirit that was both her and another. The young mage did not yet think about the pain of the ritual that awaited her, pain no matter how horrible could not compare to loosing what she was, what she could be.

"I am sorry..." And he was. For Beatrice most of all, for she had done no wrong. Perhaps someday he might find a way, he might see a Fallen avatar be cleansed and that he would somehow help in that. But that did not seem to be this evening. Not unless his father did the impossible himself. "Beatrice, please, breathe. Here, come here." He tried to help her away from her hysterical sobbing and gently pulling her towards him for a hug. There was little else to do.

She had to try to draw breath property, her head was beginning to hurt but it was hard to calm down enough to do so, finally after a few long minutes of listening to Adley's heartbeat, it was quick indicating he felt more of a storm inside than he showed, Beatrice finally calmed her sobbing enough that she managed to even her own breathing.
"I...I am a mage...it is all I am, it is all I wanted to be."
The young Verbena managed to get out between sobs.
"They will take that from me, today or in decades I will die incomplete...a husk...nothing."
Beatrice's words where hollow and full of terror and grief.

Again you notice the horrible visage of her Avatar in the mirror out of the comer of your eye, the emptiness within it, the same emptiness the Nephandi wanted the whole world to consist of, but there was something else in that gaze now though it was hard to read. The Avatar reached out with a clawed hand and that was truly terrifying, who knew what it might do, could it harm you physically? Well it was the source of Beatrice's magick and that could do things physical enough, more terrifyingly was the possibility it could harm your own Avatar, the two of them existed on the same plane and it was not unheard of for two Avatars to communicate, rare yes but it happened.

That clawed hand continued towards you, and there was absolutely nothing you could do, none of your magick was powerful enough to affect it, if this being had decided to act independently of it's host, a Initiate mage could do very little. A feeling of unclean horror rippled though you as that being touched you, it felt worse than being near that corrupted Node, pure Jhor, pure darkness was what it felt like and off course there was the fear of what this thing could decide to do to you...but then there was a feeling, one pure emotion love, not directed at you but at the shivering little mage in your arms. This was the core of the Avatar, the one, uncorrupted part, this being was a horror, but at the core of it' being it loved it's host. There was a deep feeling of regret that it's death would damage the young woman so, and there was a dawning realization, the Avatar was not angry for itself...it was concerned for it's mage, it's love for the little Verbena the only thing left in it that was pure...and then it was gone, it was tired of manifesting and crawled back into Beatrice's soul, the mirror was again just a mirror and feel feeling of compressive corruption leaving as the Inverted Avatar stopped manifesting it's presence in a way you could see and comprehend, it's message was clear though, he wanted the frail little mage in your arms to be safe, it loved her, for somehow even in it's Inverted state this being that wanted only destruction was still able to love.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:24 am

"I...I am a mage...it is all I am, it is all I wanted to be." The young Verbena managed to get out between sobs. "They will take that from me, today or in decades I will die incomplete...a husk...nothing."

"You are not nothing," he said. It was perhaps in hindsight an ironic thing to say, as he saw the darkness that was darker than dark reach out towards him, faster than he could react though he tried. He tried to back up, move away Beatrice still in hand, a half formed Word on his lips, the intent to push it away already forming as quick as it could. But matter and flesh were not as fast as spirit. Her avatar somehow reached across and -touched him- and it was the worst thing he had ever felt, worse than the paradox spirit, a shooting fear blazing through him in response followed quickly by the urge to set everything on fire, to shine the brightest light just to get the touch of corruption gone and cauterize everything, protect his avatar. His heart felt as if it had stopped beating in his chest altogether, that he'd forgotten how to breathe and in the space there was love. Anger for what was happening to Beatrice, and love for her, which he reflected, sought to make shine brighter.

And then it was gone, leaving him shaking, eyes wide, heart hammering, searching his interior dimensions to see if it had marked him with its corruption. "Beatrice...I need to put the restraints on you. Please. Your avatar...it...please...it is scared for you and loves you. It loves you." His voice was unlike anything it had sounded like before, afraid but also holding something else, an understanding and and belief that it did love her, and was afraid for her. He wondered if Beatrice knew had even happened. He wondered what had happened to him. "It wants you to be safe."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:07 am

Beatrice noticed Adley shift as if pulling away from something and she was immediately alert, it was a reflex from having been a part of the Ascension War since she was a child, when someone ducked, you duck, when the Flambeau ducked...you ran. The young woman felt her Avatar shift about in her soul but that was not that unusual, it was fairly active though it never spoke, then she noticed that her friend was shaking and that he probably was as pale she was.
"Adley...are you...alright?"
The young Verbena asked, her own terror half forgotten in her worry for...the man she loved, though he did not know that.

The mention of the restraints brought the whole horror back into focus though and Beatrice gasped and she shook her head fearfully, she recognized those cuffs she had worn a pair like them when she was under arrest on Horizon and that was not a fond memory, the restraints did not hurt, but the feeling of being boxed in, the feeling of...being kept from her magick gave her a claustrophobic feeling and besides...it meant...
"No...please...if...you put those on me I...will never work...magick again, no..."
Beatrice begun sobbing again, it did not dawn on her that she could fight back, she was an Disciple of two Spheres, she was more than a match for the young Flambeau magickally though physically she would not be able to do much...but she could not imagine fighting against him so she just looked at him pleadingly.
"Please d...don't..."
The young Verbena muttered.

There was a few moments before it dawned on Beatrice that Adley spoke about her Avatar, his voice was so...strange and he looked so shook up.
"I....it communicated with you?"
The young Verbena muttered, he body still being wrecked with sobs ever so often.
"I know...for all else it is, a monster...a horror...it have a tenderness in it to I..."
Beatrice did not know how to formulate her words but she did manage a small smile, her Avatar had found a way to tell her it's concern for her it was warming, but she had wished it had done so without scaring the hell out of Adley in the process, the realization that her friend was afraid was hard to bare and Beatrice nodded weakly.
"I...I will not resist."
She muttered about the restraints,but the very thought about them made her feel sick like if she had to throw up and she shook as if cold, and she should not be for the dressing robe she was wrapped in was more than thick enough.
"I...should dress...I do not want to be...meet the Masters in my bathrobe."
Beatrice muttered but the request sounded hollow as if she was to scared to really care.

You do not think you are hurt, but could there be Resonance from the close encounter with the corrupted Avatar, yes it could be. Your own Avatar is quite uneasy about the whole thing but it is less angry than you would have thought and you feel from it compassion, compassion for the Fallen one of it's kind that in desperation had reached out.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:30 am

"I....it communicated with you?" The young Verbena muttered, he body still being wrecked with sobs ever so often. "I know...for all else it is, a monster...a horror...it have a tenderness in it to I..."

He took a deep breath to calm himself down, he hadn't liked being blindsided again and losing his composure so utterly. Then he then nodded to her. "Yes. I...I -saw- it," he said cautiously, slowly and with some amount of surprise. For all that it had been something that had -scared- him and made him want to fight, for himself, it had also had that one aspect about it, that made it different. It -had- told him what that was in the way that it could, beyond words in a visceral and immediate way. "What makes your avatar different from the others is that it -loves- you. It...made me know that it loves you and wants you to be safe, that it is angry that you're going to be hurt, not for its own destruction."

"I...I will not resist." She muttered about the restraints,but the very thought about them made her feel sick like if she had to throw up and she shook as if cold, and she should not be for the dressing robe she was wrapped in was more than thick enough. "I...should dress...I do not want to be...meet the Masters in my bathrobe."

"Yes. Dress and then...I will be here waiting." He waited for her to come out of the bathroom, pulling it together to help Beatrice as best that he could. Primordial avatars...expect the unexpected and they did something even more unexpected yet.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:32 am

Colin watched Amadeus enter the room, and plucked absentmindedly at the plaster Amadeus had damaged, trying to straighten it out as best he could.
"The finest piece I've worked on yet, and in so little time, it might be all for naught... God, if You are listening, we really need a miracle right now..."
The wait for Amadeus to come back out was some of the longest minuted Colin had experienced yet.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:38 am

Adley:

He took a deep breath to calm himself down, he hadn't liked being blindsided again and losing his composure so utterly. Then he then nodded to her. "Yes. I...I -saw- it," he said cautiously, slowly and with some amount of surprise.

Beatrice looked at Adley, she was surprised as well, it was not usual for Avatars to communicate with others than it's own mage, but then there where souls like Tane's who seamed perfectly happy with having a chat with a room full of people, but then there had been a twinge of familiarity when she had seen that spirit, she suspected that Tane's Essence to was Primordial, and Primordial Avatars did what they pleased, when it pleased them to do it, they where the rarest of the Essences and many thought that was a good thing. Beatrice wondered if Adley found her Avatar ugly...but she did not ask, it would be hurtful if he said yes, and the young Verbena did not feel like being hurt more today.

It -had- told him what that was in the way that it could, beyond words in a visceral and immediate way. "What makes your avatar different from the others is that it -loves- you. It...made me know that it loves you and wants you to be safe, that it is angry that you're going to be hurt, not for its own destruction."

Tears welled up in Beatrice's eyes again, it warmed her to hear about her Avatar's love for her, she had known it in a way, she had always felt close to it, but then it was hard not to feel close to a being that lived in your soul and functioned as your higher consciousness, but to hear it spoken...at the same time it made what would happen to it all the more painful.
"I...do not want to loose him Adley..."
Beatrice muttered she had to use all her willpower not to collapse into a sobbing mess again.
"I...can not bare the thought of it...I just do not want to loose him, and if he can feel love...perhaps that can be used as an anchor to change him...to cleanse him."
The young Verbena looked into Adley's eyes, she shook with sadness and anger.
"Someone did this to him, someone sold him to the Nephandi...I have read about Cauls they say that the one who enter them are tortured for a millenia, that time is stretched as the mage and Avatar is ripped apart over thousands of years and put together again...wrong. Someone betrayed his trust and did that to him, took him to a Caul and...put him though that and still he is able to trust a new mage he have joined with..."
Beatrice said angrily then she looked down.
"And now I will fail him again, the first duty of a mage is to keep her Avatar safe...and I...I could not protect him and they will kill him! Kill him! And I can not do a thing to stop it."
This time the young blood witch could not stop herself from weeping and fresh tears flowed down her cheeks.

"Yes. Dress and then...I will be here waiting." He waited for her to come out of the bathroom, pulling it together to help Beatrice as best that he could. Primordial avatars...expect the unexpected and they did something even more unexpected yet.

Beatrice nodded, she was so afraid...so lost, her body moved more or less on autopilot...she went to her closet and took a random dress from it but then she stops and let the blue garment fall to the floor, no she could do nothing to protect herself, but she could utter one, simple, silent protest. Beatrice reached for another dress, a simple white summer dress with tiny blue flowers. Heylel Teomim had worn white during his captivity when he was allowed to wear clothing at all, and ever since the color had become a protest for what happened to him...and when used in connection to Gilgul it was a protest of the rite. On Horizon it was forbidden to wear white all of November, but protesters still did, it was not much but the white dress would be the only protest to what was going to happen to her that she could manage.

Beatrice went to her bathroom and quickly slipped out of her bathrobe and pulled the white summer dress over her head, it was a simpler thing, just one inner, all white layer and a tinner see through layer with a blue flower pattern. The young Verbena studied her own reflection in the mirror, she was a terrible sight, her eyes red from crying, her skin as pale as if she was ready to die from Jhor, there was little to do about that though so Beatrice just pulled a brush a few times though her hair to get out some leftover pieces of dried blood and then she went back to where Adley where waiting, the young Verbena wondered if the Hermetic would frown at the choice of color for her dress.

"How...how do you want me to hold my hands?"
Beatrice asked and looked down, she was shaking, as soon as those restraints was on her, that would be it, unless Jeffry Morgan managed a miracle...she would never do magick again, this thought caused nausea to well up in her and Beatrice had to take several deep breaths to try to control her body so she would not throw up, her eyes looked at Adley pleadingly but she did not resist, she just stood there, shaking.

Colin:

Amadeus do not hear your prayer as he entered the room, looking nervous at the thought of facing his apprentice. As you stood there picking at the broken plaster of the wall, saying a simple prayer you see Antonio, the Adeptus Majoris scribe of House Shaea come running.
"I have an idea...a long shot...but an idea to help your Cabalmate."
The man muttered as he tried to catch his breath, you did not know the man very well other than him being polite, friendly and smart.
"But it involves following in Master Morgan's footsteps and going to Horizon. I would talk with Mr Roth Hicks about it, but I do not know if I should rush in there with the Verbena probably scared out of her mind."

(OOC: I will have Amadeus entering the room happen a few posts down the line since this is happening a little later than the current scene between Adley and Beatrice.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:11 am

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Deep breaths, man, relax a little and try speaking again... I'm all ears."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:35 am

Antonio took a few deep breaths.
"I asked the main Chantry of my House in Cairo to send over what they had around the legal procedures when it comes to widderslaintes, and I have found something we might be able to use...might...Here look at this."
The scribe gave you his tablet PC on it there where names and dates of trials that went back fifty years, not very many names but a few.
"As you can see there is an issue here...ehm...do you see it?"
Antonio said and pointed.
"Of these ten names, which are all widderslainte initiated into the Traditions by the time they where found...five where sentenced to Gilgul straight up, three where given leave to continue to be a part of the Traditions with no condition attached, one died during the trial from a Paradox backlash and one was given Gilgul but then got a stay of execution...there are no legal precedent for such a conviction...ehm here look this case is the one most similar to Miss Alexander...Greg Bachmeier, Awakened young, apprenticed to a powerful mage it was considered likely could control him. He had committed no crime before his arrest, the only difference is that with Bachmeier his Orphan mother saved him when he was a teenager when a group of Traditionalists hunting widderslaintes tried to Gilgul him in his own bedroom...other than that their cases is nearly identical, meaning that by law Mr Bachmeier's case should serve as precedent for Miss Alexander and she should have been given the same sentence. Mr Bachmeier was found guilty but it was assumed his mentor could control him and he was given Branding to be performed when his Avatar have completely recovered from the earlier attack and then allowed to live in peace in the Traditions, bound by the same laws as other Tradition mages...it is a slim chance since many will ignore precedent, but if we can get a hold of Mr Bachmeier's court records we can use them as grounds to demand that Beatrice be given a retrial as in her case she got a much sterner sentence than the prior precedent demands."
Antonio said and take a deep breath.
"And this young man just so happen to live on Horizon and I bet he have a signed copy of hi own court documents, so if we can find him before..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:01 am

Colin raised an eyebrow, then the other as he read, then handed the tablet back, "I'm no lawyer, and I can't get to Horizon, but Mr. Roth Hicks might be a little more... hold on... Let's let Master Nassa come out first, and you can show him; I'll send out Mr. Roth Hicks as well."

((OOC: Aaaand now I'm out of the cycle until the rest catches up. Game night, so take your time. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:14 am

"Very well, I just wanted to bring the possibility to the attention of Miss Alexander's em...defense. Getting to Horizon can be tricky but we might ask Miss Telar to get us there as I understood she did for Jeffry, but yes let us wait for Master Nassa."
The Scribe said and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:20 am

"I...do not want to loose him Adley..." Beatrice muttered she had to use all her willpower not to collapse into a sobbing mess again. "I...can not bare the thought of it...I just do not want to loose him, and if he can feel love...perhaps that can be used as an anchor to change him...to cleanse him."

"I think...that for you at least this is a difference between your avatar and others that have Fallen. I cannot say for sure that is the only reason it differs. But I would not have thought it could feel love amid all that...nothingness. But it does, for you it does. And I think it wanted me to know that." Still, if he were to tell that to a person concerned only with facts, he knew it would not stand up very well.

Beatrice went to her bathroom and quickly slipped out of her bathrobe and pulled the white summer dress over her head, it was a simpler thing, just one inner, all white layer and a tinner see through layer with a blue flower pattern

When she returned in a white garment it took him a moment to put it together, for it was common enough for her to wear white to him as any other color as a general sense to his mind. But then he put it into context. He didn't make any comment though it was up to her that she wanted to make a statement about her sentence. He wouldn't deny that. Then she stood before him asking him what to do with her hands. He sighed and then asked her to put them clasped in front of her.

"There are matters which should be discussed before they get here," he said. "We'll talk about those matters and...if you want to talk about anything else then I will do my best to answer you, or hear whatever it is you want to tell me, Beatrice." He figured that by that time, if her mentor had not come to his senses he might not before the judges got back. And if not him, Colin who had asked for how long she had but he wasn't sure why he hadn't turned up yet.

// Have a good game night, Warp!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:08 pm

Colin nodded, "And I appreciate it greatly... Actually, come to think of it, I can ask Mistress Telar if she can prepare a quick in-and-out for us while we wait."
He fished out his phone and quickly typed in a message to Cita, "Mr. Riez found a loophole for Beatrice. Is a quick round trip to Horizon feasible on such short notice? We need to locate a Mr. Greg Bachmeier, get a copy of his court documents and get back in time to stop the ritual."
As an afterthought, he added, "Copying Adley." and sent it to both Cita and Adley, inching toward the door.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:36 pm

Adley:

"I think...that for you at least this is a difference between your avatar and others that have Fallen. I cannot say for sure that is the only reason it differs. But I would not have thought it could feel love amid all that...nothingness. But it does, for you it does. And I think it wanted me to know that." Still, if he were to tell that to a person concerned only with facts, he knew it would not stand up very well.

"It do tempt me at time, it want violence...death...destruction but it have never overwhelmed me and it seams content for now with it's paintings that it makes through me...I wonder why though, why do it feel this way towards me, why is there light in it when the rest of him is so dark."
Beatrice muttered, she could feel her Avatar, deep in her soul, he was always there, a constant companion, but that she would now loose, the young woman looked down, she did not know how to handle these next few hours the fear was unbearable...and the shame, the shame that she was not able to protect what mattered the most to her.

When she returned in a white garment it took him a moment to put it together, for it was common enough for her to wear white to him as any other color as a general sense to his mind. But then he put it into context. He didn't make any comment though it was up to her that she wanted to make a statement about her sentence. He wouldn't deny that. Then she stood before him asking him what to do with her hands. He sighed and then asked her to put them clasped in front of her.

Beatrice looked down at her mall hand then she nodded and folded them neatly in front of her, she was shivering, well them being bound in front of her was better than behind her back, it gave her more freedom of movement, but then...it was not the physical restriction of movement she feared it was the feeling of being boxed in...of not being able to use her magick, an ability that was part of her, as natural and needed as breathing, the young Verbena's eyes where still pleading but she stood still.
"I guess as last rotes go that healing I did with my mentor is not a bad one."
Beatrice muttered but she still felt physically ill.

"There are matters which should be discussed before they get here," he said. "We'll talk about those matters and...if you want to talk about anything else then I will do my best to answer you, or hear whatever it is you want to tell me, Beatrice."

Beatrice nodded.
"O...okey."
She muttered she suspected that at least one of those topics that was going to be discussed was whatever or not she would want to live once the rite was done, Gilgul devastated a mage death was considered a mercy, and yet some few had survived...Mercere the Founder had led his House for many years after he lost his Gift...perhaps she could to...the young blood witch did not know.
"I have a few topics I need to discuss as well, but you go first."
Beatrice muttered she glanced at Adley then she looked down.

Outside the door you can hear the soft murmur of voices, one of them belonging to Amadeus, it was likely that Antonio had left, because he old Verbena had arrived, but that the blood mage stood outside trying to compose himself enough to not scare his apprentice further.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "And I appreciate it greatly... Actually, come to think of it, I can ask Mistress Telar if she can prepare a quick in-and-out for us while we wait."

"We shall see how much help it turns out to be Mr Wainwright, but perhaps there is a chance it might work. And yes getting things ready might be a good idea for we are short on time."
The scribe said softly.

He fished out his phone and quickly typed in a message to Cita, "Mr. Riez found a loophole for Beatrice. Is a quick round trip to Horizon feasible on such short notice? We need to locate a Mr. Greg Bachmeier, get a copy of his court documents and get back in time to stop the ritual."

"I have made a portal for Jeffry Mr Wainwright, but I will say to you as I said to him, this is at the edges of my abilities, I can not guarantee that the portal will be safe, especially since Paradox will affect this, but providing I do not mess things up, yes I can do so. Now as for Mr Bachmeier I know him, though I do not know his whereabouts at the moment, last time I spoke to him he had a room at Horizon Chantry, in the Order of Hermes' section, you might try there. Word of warning though, while teleporting into Horizon is not in itself illegal, it is frowned upon, since time is of the essence, avoid the Security Council or you will end up spending the night in a cell."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:17 pm

Colin half-smiled as he tapped out a reply, "I will not be the one to go, for numerous reasons including the fact that I don't know where anything is. Will ask Master Nassa and Adley for their recommendations."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:19 pm

You get a reply back from Cita.

"Yes that might be wise, Orphans often find themselves in trouble on Horizon, in either case I will ready the rote, just remember what I said for whoever is going, this is at the edge of my ability, I can not guarantee that it is safe."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:59 pm

"It do tempt me at time, it want violence...death...destruction but it have never overwhelmed me and it seams content for now with it's paintings that it makes through me...I wonder why though, why do it feel this way towards me, why is there light in it when the rest of him is so dark."

"There is light in you. I'm not sure why it loves you specifically but you are a good person, Beatrice and you care about your avatar even though it has caused you pain."

the young Verbena's eyes where still pleading but she stood still. "I guess as last rotes go that healing I did with my mentor is not a bad one..."

He was less unnerved than he had been when it happened to him, when her avatar had touched him. Now that he understood some of the why and that it had, he did not think, corrupted him at least not in a permanent manner that would make him Fallen. He couldn't say if it would be able to do so, but he thought that it was possible. Especially given all the impossibles that he'd experienced. He couldn't risk that it would do so to someone else if it had a different message for them. He was not able to fend it off and he didn't think anyone short a Master would be able to know what was even going on. So for now at least the cuffs would have to go on while Beatrice had gathered some control. "You saved someone's life and the information that they were able to tell us may help us with overcoming the Nephandi threat." He opened the cuffs and put them on her carefully, and then held her hands a moment. He didn't want to put them on. He didn't want her to have this rite done.

Beatrice nodded. "O...okey." I have a few topics I need to discuss as well, but you go first."

He nodded, and then sat down next to her. "I need to ask if you would like me to request assistance from Mr Terach, or have him close at hand. I know we discussed this with Colin but if you have changed your mind or have a set plan, then I want to try to make sure it goes the way that you want. And if that is not the path you wish to take, then if there is anything you need from me to help you, then let me know that as well." So much loss and death. It was all so wrong. "Also I have been allowed to be within the chamber with you; I am not sure if others are also allowed but if there is anyone else...they may not allow Master Nassa in though considering."

Outside the door you can hear the soft murmur of voices, one of them belonging to Amadeus, it was likely that Antonio had left, because he old Verbena had arrived, but that the blood mage stood outside trying to compose himself enough to not scare his apprentice further.
He fished out his phone and quickly typed in a message to Cita, "Mr. Riez found a loophole for Beatrice. Is a quick round trip to Horizon feasible on such short notice? We need to locate a Mr. Greg Bachmeier, get a copy of his court documents and get back in time to stop the ritual." As an afterthought, he added, "Copying Adley." and sent it to both Cita and Adley, inching toward the door.

After a while he heard people talking through the door and tried to discern who was out there aside from Amadeus, if it was not Antonio. And then when Master Nassa came in, his phone alerted him and he made an apologetic look and scanned it.

//I'll reply to the txt after that part of the scene with Nassa starts, I just didn't want to lose it entirely.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:44 pm

"There is light in you. I'm not sure why it loves you specifically but you are a good person, Beatrice and you care about your avatar even though it has caused you pain."

"I...do not know if I am a good person Adley...I try to be, I try to be the way my parents and my mentor raised me, I do not like to see anyone hurt...but can one such as I be good? I do not know."
The young woman sigh but her friend's words warmed her.
"It is not my Avatar's fault it is what it is, even a Primordial can just guide it's mage, influence, advice...a mage sold it to the Nephandi, now it just is what it is and if that causes me pain it is not his fault, it is the fault of whoever found it a good idea to join the Fallan."
Beatrice said and smiles faintly.
"So yes I care about him, and not just because he give me access to magick, he is not just a Font to me, to use the old terminology, he is a friend."

So for now at least the cuffs would have to go on while Beatrice had gathered some control. "You saved someone's life and the information that they were able to tell us may help us with overcoming the Nephandi threat." He opened the cuffs and put them on her carefully, and then held her hands a moment. He didn't want to put them on. He didn't want her to have this rite done.

Beatrce shivered when she felt the cold steel against her wrists, Adley was careful, she felt that, making sure the cuffs did not lock to tightly, that they would not hurt her, but all the care he took could not stop the horrible feeling she got when the cuffs clicked shut, the knowledge that her last rote had been cast...that soon the Masters of Spirit would rip apart her Avatar...while she felt all of it. Adley's hands holding hers made it easier but that terrible feeling of being boxed in nearly overwhelmed her, horrible memories of her trial and the Branding game back full force and Beatrice hear herself whimpering.
"N...no...please..."
The young Verbena muttered but she did not know if the plea was to Adley or to the man who had Branded her three years ago.

He nodded, and then sat down next to her. "I need to ask if you would like me to request assistance from Mr Terach, or have him close at hand. I know we discussed this with Colin but if you have changed your mind or have a set plan, then I want to try to make sure it goes the way that you want.

Beatrice let herself be lead to the sofa and sat down, he head span but she looked at Adley when he asked his question and she sigh.
"I...I do not know. I do not know if I can live after...after..."
The young Verbena did not manage to hold her tears back any longer and she started sobbing helplessly again.
"I have never been anything but a mage...how can I live without magick? But I...I do not know."
Beatrice muttered she looked down.
"I know Colin would do it...but I worry for him, that it would be to much for him to do that...Adjan he...is Euthanatos he would be able to do it painlessly...I..."
The young Verbena did not manage to continue talking, she twisted hand hands in the restraints in desperation, she probably should not do that or she would end up hurting herself but she was so desperate.

And if that is not the path you wish to take, then if there is anything you need from me to help you, then let me know that as well."

"I...I have considered trying to learn Hedge Wizardry...if that is even possible after..."
Beatrice swallowed hard a few times before she managed to continue speaking.
"I mean it is not the same...nothing can replace...but it is magic, it would allow me to use some of what I know...I..."
The young Verbena looked down.
"Some say Hedge Wizards are half Awakened...that what they do use their Avatar as well...others say it is just knowledge, I do not know which is the truth...but there are beings who have magic that do not have Avatars...Coawa have no personal Avatar and his kind have some sort of magic...that vampire in the basement have powers and we know he do not have one...there have to be some sort of magic I can learn to replace..."
Beatrice whimpered again and twisted her wrists helplessly, not that she really thought the cuffs would yield but what could she do?

So much loss and death. It was all so wrong. "Also I have been allowed to be within the chamber with you; I am not sure if others are also allowed but if there is anyone else...they may not allow Master Nassa in though considering."

Beatrice nodded weakly.
"I am glad...I know it is asking allot for you to have to see it...but I am grateful that I do not have to be alone...as for others...now I do not want my Mentor to have to see that...but perhaps if anyone else is allowed...if it will not harm him to see it...Colin..."
The young Verbena said and looked down sadly, she was not sure if it would be right to ask something like that of the Orphan.

The young Verbena looked up at her fiend and shivered.
"Adley will you find me...disgusting when it...it is done...when I am no longer a mage, will you and the rest of the Cabal leave me...will I have to leave the Chantry?"
Beatrice asked sadly, now and again she gave a few sore sobs.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:06 pm

"I...do not know if I am a good person Adley...I try to be, I try to be the way my parents and my mentor raised me, I do not like to see anyone hurt...but can one such as I be good? I do not know..."

"All anyone can do is to try and do good works. There are plenty of magii that choose not to do so and they are not Fallen."

"It is not my Avatar's fault it is what it is, even a Primordial can just guide it's mage, influence, advice...a mage sold it to the Nephandi, now it just is what it is and if that causes me pain it is not his fault, it is the fault of whoever found it a good idea to join the Fallan.

He nodded. "Their temptations and methods of coercion...yes, someone before you sold it, traded it away for something they thought was more worthy. That is one reason why I want to fight them, perhaps as much as my pater wishes to fight the Technocracy."

"So yes I care about him, and not just because he give me access to magick, he is not just a Font to me, to use the old terminology, he is a friend."

He nodded. A dark friend indeed but not one that was entirely forgone. Certainly disturbing in visage and demeanor, in appetites not wholly sated, yet it did love her.

"N...no...please..." The young Verbena muttered but she did not know if the plea was to Adley or to the man who had Branded her three years ago.

"I'm sorry about this," he said, and then took her over to the couch.

The young Verbena did not manage to hold her tears back any longer and she started sobbing helplessly again. "I have never been anything but a mage...how can I live without magick? But I...I do not know." Beatrice muttered she looked down..."I know Colin would do it...but I worry for him, that it would be to much for him to do that...Adjan he...is Euthanatos he would be able to do it painlessly...I..."

After she was able to speak again, he said, "I will tell Mr Terach that you are not sure yet. That way he will know to be ready but that you have not decided." It would be less painful, according to his pater to have it done nearest the actual rite but if she chose to wait and see, then that was understandable. It was the hardest decision of all and he did not have advice for her on the best path. "I also worry after Colin's well being, it would be hard for him to do what needed to be done but I know he would do it, for you and more than likely believe it to be a kindess. Neither of us are Euthanatos, however, as you said."

When he saw her twisting at the restraints again he reached out to put a hand between them to still them before she ended up bloody and cut.

""I...I have considered trying to learn Hedge Wizardry...if that is even possible after...I mean it is not the same...nothing can replace...but it is magic, it would allow me to use some of what I know...I..." The young Verbena looked down.

He nodded at that. "You have skills and knowledge that are not entirely just at the discretion of your avatar."

"I am glad...I know it is asking allot for you to have to see it...but I am grateful that I do not have to be alone...as for others...now I do not want my Mentor to have to see that...but perhaps if anyone else is allowed...if it will not harm him to see it...Colin..."

"Very well. It would be better if when your mentor got here that you let him know that yourself, rather than me telling him. He would heed your wishes better, I believe. I can't say that it won't harm us to see what becomes of your avatar, Beatrice for it will likely be one of the worst things we've witnessed. That doesn't mean that we should not be there, or at least speaking for myself, I promised you that I would, if there was no other way to help you. And it will not be something I will forget - I don't want it to be."

"Adley will you find me...disgusting when it...it is done...when I am no longer a mage, will you and the rest of the Cabal leave me...will I have to leave the Chantry?"

He shook his head. "No! No, not disgusting. It will be upsetting and it will be sorrowful, because we care and don't want to see you suffering and it will mean that I have failed you when you needed me to protect you the most. But there are things that I cannot protect you from, not without...compromising who I am." He thought about the conversation with Susanna's cabalmate and lover, how disheartened angry and depressed he had been. "I will do all that I can to keep my promise to find a way to cleanse those avatars like yours that have the potential for redemption, even if it takes my whole life to see that it becomes a feasible practice that might be employed in specific, unique cases like yours." Even if he spent his whole life trying for this goal and did not attain it, despite his foolishness, in three days he had learned much, enough to cause Masters of the ars to pause and reconsider. Even just briefly. He frowned at Beatrice a little, then continued in a tone that was more like what he had told the spirit guardian in disclosure, something that he was not entirely comfortable revealing but felt it was important to say now, rather than let the last chance escape and have it never said. "My avatar feels...compassion for yours. Just like I feel for you. It is my eternal companion, just as yours is, and it will not forget what it learns while we travel together on our path."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:57 pm

"All anyone can do is to try and do good works. There are plenty of magii that choose not to do so and they are not Fallen."

Beatrice nodded to that, she guessed that the Hermetic was right but...how could someone with the thoughts and desires she fought against on a daily basis truly be good.

He nodded. "Their temptations and methods of coercion...yes, someone before you sold it, traded it away for something they thought was more worthy. That is one reason why I want to fight them, perhaps as much as my pater wishes to fight the Technocracy."

"Yes...I wish to fight against them to...for what they seek to do to this world. I want a personal Entropic Ascension...Decension, whatever you want to call it...but they want to force it on everyone and will use ay means to do so and they can not be allowed to do that."
Beatrice said firmly.

He nodded. A dark friend indeed but not one that was entirely forgone."

Beatrice nodded sadly...soon though she would be alone...all alone and she did not know how to deal with that.

"I'm sorry about this," he said, and then took her over to the couch.

Beatrice did not reply she only whimpered and sobbed, twisting her hands nervously.

After she was able to speak again, he said, "I will tell Mr Terach that you are not sure yet. That way he will know to be ready but that you have not decided." It would be less painful, according to his pater to have it done nearest the actual rite but if she chose to wait and see, then that was understandable. It was the hardest decision of all and he did not have advice for her on the best path.

Beatrice nodded she looked down, it would probably be better to die after the rite, they said a Gilgulled mage lost the will to live...that there would be nothing left of her...but she was afraid to die also, would there even be an afterlife for her, and if so what would it be?
"Yes...I just...do not know and I do not know what happens to a...former mage after death...I..."
The young mage looked away, it was difficult to talk about, so very difficult.

"I also worry after Colin's well being, it would be hard for him to do what needed to be done but I know he would do it, for you and more than likely believe it to be a kindess. Neither of us are Euthanatos, however, as you said."

"I...I like Adjan, I trust him...but I am closer to Colin I would feel safer if he...did it."
Beatrice muttered in a whisper.
"But I think it would be easier for Adjan...killing when he have to...is...well he is Euthanatos. In either case I do not want to...die by my brain being damaged...if I have already lost my Avatar I do not want to loose my mind as well in my last moments."
The young Verbena muttered she tried to stop herself from weeping but could not she was so terrified.

When he saw her twisting at the restraints again he reached out to put a hand between them to still them before she ended up bloody and cut.

Beatrice looked down at Adley's hand and she stopped moving.
"Sorry..."
She muttered referring to her nervous twisting of her hands, the restraints clearly upset her and she looked up at Adley for a moment, at least he was there, she was not waiting for her fate alone.

He nodded at that. "You have skills and knowledge that are not entirely just at the discretion of your avatar."

"Perhaps I...could be a good Hedge Wizard...continue to be useful for the Chantry...some of the linear mages are really powerful...their magick are interesting...it would be allot to learn..."
Beatrice said, she tried to cheer herself up with the prospect but she sounded half hearted.
"If it is even possible."

"Very well. It would be better if when your mentor got here that you let him know that yourself, rather than me telling him. He would heed your wishes better, I believe.

"I...I will tell him he...do not need to see that, and besides if he do there is a good chance he would decide to kill one of the Spirit Masters...and get himself killed in the process."
Beatrice sounded fearful for this, she could not bare to loose Amadeus as well.
"I am so afraid that my mentor will do something stupid in the name of revenge."

I can't say that it won't harm us to see what becomes of your avatar, Beatrice for it will likely be one of the worst things we've witnessed. That doesn't mean that we should not be there, or at least speaking for myself, I promised you that I would, if there was no other way to help you. And it will not be something I will forget - I don't want it to be."

"I...do not want you to be harmed...or Colin by seeing...that ritual..."
Beatrice muttered, talking about it made a knot form in her belly that nearly hurt physically and she felt sick again.
"But I am grateful that you will be there..."
The young Verbena was silent for a moment then she muttered softly.
"It is going to be far more painful then the Branding is it not...it is going to..."
She could not finish what she was saying so she just stopped and looked down, shivering as if cold.
"Do you think it will take long Adley?"
Beatrice muttered fearfully, her eyes on the floor.

He shook his head. "No! No, not disgusting. It will be upsetting and it will be sorrowful, because we care and don't want to see you suffering and it will mean that I have failed you when you needed me to protect you the most. But there are things that I cannot protect you from, not without...compromising who I am." He thought about the conversation with Susanna's cabalmate and lover, how disheartened angry and depressed he had been.

"You have not failed me Adley...you did all you could and you gave me hope, I think I would have been driven mad these last few days if I did not have hope."
The young Verbena muttered.
"I will always be grateful to you and Colin and the rest for that, you did what you could."

"I will do all that I can to keep my promise to find a way to cleanse those avatars like yours that have the potential for redemption, even if it takes my whole life to see that it becomes a feasible practice that might be employed in specific, unique cases like yours." Even if he spent his whole life trying for this goal and did not attain it, despite his foolishness, in three days he had learned much, enough to cause Masters of the ars to pause and reconsider. Even just briefly.

Beatrice gently squeezed the Hermetic's hand and gave a weak smile.
"Thank you Adley...then perhaps...this will not all have been a waste...perhaps what is going to happen to me at least will serve some purpose...thank you."
The young Vebena muttered heartfelt.

He frowned at Beatrice a little, then continued in a tone that was more like what he had told the spirit guardian in disclosure, something that he was not entirely comfortable revealing but felt it was important to say now, rather than let the last chance escape and have it never said. "My avatar feels...compassion for yours. Just like I feel for you. It is my eternal companion, just as yours is, and it will not forget what it learns while we travel together on our path."

Beatrice looked at Adley and after a while she said.
"Thank it for me, I do not know if it can hear me, but being part of you I assume it is a noble being, it's compassion is most welcome."
The young Verbena muttered then she looked down for a long while as she tried to gather courage for what she wanted to say, finally she raised he gaze again and begun to speak.
"I am sorry if what I am about to say embarrasses you Adley that is not my intention...I...do not expect you to say or do anything...just listen to me please I want to say this while I am still a complete being."
The blood witch gave a small cough...her throat felt dry, perhaps it was due to her crying so much or perhaps it was because it was hard to find the words to tell Adley...what he felt about him, finally she just mutter softly.
"I love you...I never meant feel this way it just happened and I know you do not feel the same, it is okey you do not have to explain, or even comment, I just needed to tell you before...before they destroy me, I want you to know I have never loved anyone...and after...the ritual I doubt I will be able to love again...but I do love you."
Beatrice muttered she looked Adley in the eyes for a moment, blushing bright red then she looked down again, there she had said it...at least now he knew for whatever that would mean to him, he knew.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:43 pm

"I...I like Adjan, I trust him...but I am closer to Colin I would feel safer if he...did it." Beatrice muttered in a whisper. "But I think it would be easier for Adjan...killing when he have to...is...well he is Euthanatos. In either case I do not want to...die by my brain being damaged...if I have already lost my Avatar I do not want to loose my mind as well in my last moments."

"No one would want that. I will see if I can contact Adjan, if anything he can provide Colin and yourself his own manner of support in whatever way he can."

"I...I will tell him he...do not need to see that, and besides if he do there is a good chance he would decide to kill one of the Spirit Masters...and get himself killed in the process." Beatrice sounded fearful for this, she could not bare to loose Amadeus as well. "I am so afraid that my mentor will do something stupid in the name of revenge."

He nodded at that. "It is a concern; though he may not care for me much he is our ally and this is a time of many critical battles."

"It is going to be far more painful then the Branding is it not...it is going to..." She could not finish what she was saying so she just stopped and looked down, shivering as if cold. "Do you think it will take long Adley?" Beatrice muttered fearfully, her eyes on the floor.

"I can't say how long that it will take exactly, it is not something I have ever participating in, in any way. But I have done my best to see that you would not suffer any more than you absolutely had to. My pater and myself spoke with one of the judges, as I said and he agreed to ensure that much."

"You have not failed me Adley...you did all you could and you gave me hope, I think I would have been driven mad these last few days if I did not have hope." The young Verbena muttered. "I will always be grateful to you and Colin and the rest for that, you did what you could."

He looked down at her bound hands and said nothing. He could not be able to let go of the sense of ultimate failure, unless that hope panned out and their fates shifted.

Beatrice gently squeezed the Hermetic's hand and gave a weak smile. "Thank you Adley...then perhaps...this will not all have been a waste...perhaps what is going to happen to me at least will serve some purpose...thank you." The young Verbena muttered heartfelt.

"I will try until I succeed or die. In its next cycle, maybe my avatar will be successful then, or the next until there is no more cause for such a path to be undertaken."

"Thank it for me, I do not know if it can hear me, but being part of you I assume it is a noble being, it's compassion is most welcome."
The young Verbena muttered then she looked down for a long while as she tried to gather courage for what she wanted to say, finally she raised he gaze again and begun to speak.

'I do not to thank it for you, I believe it can hear you. Better than I, perhaps. But I will anyway, as it pleases you." He looked withdrawn a moment, not unaware of surroundings but as if he were listening very carefully as he directed his thoughts inward. She is thanking you for feeling compassion for her avatar, despite it's Fallen nature. She sees you as noble and welcomes that expression towards her.

"I am sorry if what I am about to say embarrasses you Adley that is not my intention...I...do not expect you to say or do anything...just listen to me please I want to say this while I am still a complete being...I love you...I never meant feel this way it just happened and I know you do not feel the same, it is okey you do not have to explain, or even comment, I just needed to tell you before...before they destroy me, I want you to know I have never loved anyone...and after...the ritual I doubt I will be able to love again...but I do love you."

His initial expression while she started out apologising was slight confusion but as she asked him to listen he did not say anything, not until she was completely done with what she wanted to say. This type of confession should have made him feel deeply embarrased or reluctant, he did not like being exposed or feeling vulnerable, nor was he prone to talking that much about emotions. But the last few days had been one upheaval after the next. He didn't feel embarrassed at all. He felt sadness, a recollection of being the boy at the garden gate watching his friend's moving van. Of leaving his sister and his family behind in his mind. It seemed unkind, that she should love him and not someone who could return her affection in the way that she felt it. That in killing her avatar it would destroy her ability to love. But if he felt compassion then there would be love of a kind. "Adelfi," he said after a moment, "I do not feel the same but that does not mean I do not love you in any manner at all. I do not love you the way you love me but the feeling is strong, to me as any other type of love." He frowned. He did not like talking aloud about these matters. Yet it was necessary that she know that her love was not discarded roughly out of hand or wholly rejected or unreciprocated. "I feel like a brother to their sister and I am very beholden to my sense of connection through my magickal family. Although you are my cabal mate and not of my House or lineage, I still feel that closeness for you. More than I might my blood relatives. And...though I cannot return that type of affection it is not through any fault of yours, I would have you know that. I will cherish it and though I hope you may be able to love again in your life, I will carry it with me."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top