Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Post by Warpmind on Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:32 am

((OOC: Come to think of it, Colin does seem to have something of a Euthanatos-like outlook on things... and Hermetic-like methods. I wonder who hosted his Avatar before him? Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:09 am

--Wednesday afternoon--
Well, they can't do everything. And we are more. That was a point.

Both of them then returned to their little appartament. Once there, Tane went to his little room and let the spirit go out of his little bead so they could talk. Hey there. Well, here you can feed and regain your strenght.
OOC: How can i talk with him in his own lenguaje? How is him? what kind of spirit is it?

--Wednesday Morning--
We're currently in a truce in the city. Also, they are not bad guys, they are just in a mistake. We're not always taking blows, less even in this place, so it's one of the best places to awaken.

Lily wrote:"No one is my master I decide my own path myself."
"But I will gladly take a friend and a companion and a guide...but how can he be a part of me...you said he live...inside of me? How is that possible?

Ah, forgive me, i'm not so used to english. Not a master as with an slave, a teacher i meant. He is something that is melt inside your soul, a part of it. Only creppling your soul it can be removed. I was a reality, Gilgul kills a part of the soul of the person.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:22 am

Adley:

"No one would want that. I will see if I can contact Adjan, if anything he can provide Colin and yourself his own manner of support in whatever way he can."

Beatrice nodded at that, there was nothing more she was able to say on the matter, she did not know how she wanted to die, a simple cut that bled her out perhaps, that would be a peaceful death, it just felt like one got more and more tired if done right. The young Verbena closed her eyes, she was 23 years old, she should not be thinking about the best way to die, and yet, here she was...but then she should not have to consider if she would be able to live without part of her soul either.

He nodded at that. "It is a concern; though he may not care for me much he is our ally and this is a time of many critical battles."

"My mentor is powerful, very powerful and to loose him would weaken this Chantry, I know, but to me loosing him is a blow I can not bare, he is truly like a father to me."
Beatrice aid softly.

"I can't say how long that it will take exactly, it is not something I have ever participating in, in any way. But I have done my best to see that you would not suffer any more than you absolutely had to. My pater and myself spoke with one of the judges, as I said and he agreed to ensure that much."

The young Verbena nodded, that was not a comforting thought, it could take any amount of time then, she shuddered and in fear she grabbed a hold of the Hermetic's hand again, well at least he would be there.
"Well I guess that the longer it takes the...longer Master Morgan have to come back and stop it."
Beatrice muttered, it was not much of a hope, but she had to cling to what little she got and she would suffer any pain if it meant giving her Avatar more of a chance.

"I will try until I succeed or die. In its next cycle, maybe my avatar will be successful then, or the next until there is no more cause for such a path to be undertaken."

Beatrice looked into Adley's eyes hi determination moved her and for a moment she just looked at him.
"Thank you, such a thing will both save souls...and provide powerful blows to the Nephandi."
The was all the young Verbena managed to say on the matter but she was truly moved and it did fill her with hope to know that while it may be to late for her, someone else might be saved.

'I do not to thank it for you, I believe it can hear you. Better than I, perhaps. But I will anyway, as it pleases you." He looked withdrawn a moment, not unaware of surroundings but as if he were listening very carefully as he directed his thoughts inward. She is thanking you for feeling compassion for her avatar, despite it's Fallen nature. She sees you as noble and welcomes that expression towards her.

There was silence within you for a moment and then words, it was not always easy to separate your Avatar's words from your own thoughts, and it did not that often speak but it did now.
"I hear her, though I can understand only through your eyes as long as you are my host, to understand beyond would invalidate having a host...I do see a sliver of light in that sea of darkness, there is no need to thank me, I feel compassion when I see suffering but if that is your feeling or mine, I do not in this state know."
The Avatar said, struggling to find words that would convey the feelings it had, some souls poke on the level of their mages, yours had kept much of it's higher nature and even in Enochian finding the right way to relate to physical beings was at times complicated.
"Noble I do not know, I feel compassion because it suffers, and right now compassion is the only thing I can give it."

"Adelfi," he said after a moment, "I do not feel the same but that does not mean I do not love you in any manner at all. I do not love you the way you love me but the feeling is strong, to me as any other type of love." He frowned. He did not like talking aloud about these matters. Yet it was necessary that she know that her love was not discarded roughly out of hand or wholly rejected or unreciprocated. "I feel like a brother to their sister and I am very beholden to my sense of connection through my magickal family. Although you are my cabal mate and not of my House or lineage, I still feel that closeness for you. More than I might my blood relatives. And...though I cannot return that type of affection it is not through any fault of yours, I would have you know that. I will cherish it and though I hope you may be able to love again in your life, I will carry it with me."

Beatrice smiled softly, she had feared that if he ever told Adley about her feelings for him, he would just reject her and toss her aside, he had not, he had accepted those feelings though he could not return them, and that was all that she could ask.
"I...knew you did not feel the same Adley, and that is okey, we do not control such emotions they just come by themselves. If...if these had not been my final hours I would probably never have told you, it would have been bittersweet for a while, but eventually I would have met another, perhaps many others if I lived long enough and the love I feel for your would be a warmth in my heart that would make me smile, and then perhaps one day, depending on which of us died first you would be called to the bedside of a dying old Verbena that would finally whisper her girlhood feelings in your ears, or I would stand over the grave of a brave war mage whispering the love I harbored in my heart to the earth that now hosed your remains. It would be a sweet thing that never needed to be spoken. But now that things are what they are, I am glad you know."
Beatrice said her small hands clasped one of Adley's hand between them and she spoke in a soft tone of voice.
"And I will gladly accept the love for a friend...or a sister, no perhaps such a love is even more precious, for while there might be another kind of love I would have wished for in a perfect world, passion often fade with time, while the love of a sister, even one you choose yourself, is the kind that stay forever."
Beatrice did not say anything else for a long while, strong emotion and fear was tiering her out and right now she was content just to sit there and be close to Adley, her friend, he could ask for nothing more.

After the two mages had sat there for a while the door to the apartment opened and Amadeus entered, the old mage's eyes was red from tears but he had tried to compose himself it seamed. Beatrice jumped when she heard the door open but when she saw her mentor she smiled and stood on unsteady legs and rushed to him. Amadeus wrapped his arms around his apprentice and for a while he just held her, then he softly planted a kiss on her forehead and muttered.
"There is nothing more precious to me Beatrice, than you."
The old mage did not ask hos his student where doing, he could see the terror in her eyes, the tears that had left her eyes red and puffy, he frowned when he saw the restraints around Beatrice's small wrists though and his fingers gently rubbed over those wrists as he sigh.
"I wish I could help you child, but there is nothing I can do...I could drag you into the Umbra...try to get to Cerberus, but I do not think I could outrun those that would be sent after us..."
Beatrice shook her head.
"That would only get you killed Mentor...I would not want that."
Amadeus nodded he sigh and looked into his apprentice's eyes.
"I...I can not help you but I have a gift for you."
The old mage said he opened a box he was holding in his hands and took out a beautiful old sickle.
"My mentor used this blade in her art, and her mentor before her, and I used it before I shifted my methods more towards modern blood magick...I have always wanted to gift this to an apprentice...and now I am giving it to you to show you that I do not care if you are widderslainte, you are my magickal child, you are worthy of my lineage."
Beatrice took the sickle and looked at it, nothing her own symbol engraved on the blade.
"It is beautiful Mentor..."
The young Verbena muttered, to be such accepted meant the world to her.
"But I will not need a ritual tool much longer..."
Beatrice said and Amadeus sigh.
"Never give up Beatrice, you are still a mage and as long as that Avatar of yours lives there is hope and if...if this ritual happen I will move heaven and earth until I find a way to restore your magick, there have to be a way...there have to...and if I can not find such a way then one day another Druid will hold that sickle, and see your symbol and know it was once yours...it belong in your hands by daughter."
Beatrice eyes filled with tears again and she nodded.
"Thank you mentor."
She muttered before she started to sob, not just from sadness this time. Amadeus held his apprentice towards his chest and then finally he gave a nod to Adley acknowledging his presence.
"Thank you for taking care of her Mr Roth Hicks."
The old Verbena finally said as he continued to hold Beatrice softly in his arms, delicately as if she was the most fragile flower.
"Could you do me the favor of letting Mr Wainwright in here, he is waiting outside, he just wanted to give me the time to present Beatrice with the sickle."
Amadeus asked, for once he did not seam to think about the fact that he...a Diedne had presented a ritual tool of his path to his apprentice in front of a member of a House that had once did their best to kill them all.
"I am sure Mr Wainwright is eager to see Beatrice as well."

Tane:

Wednesday afternoon:

Well, they can't do everything. And we are more. That was a point.

Adjan nodded at that but he had very little to add.

Both of them then returned to their little appartament. Once there, Tane went to his little room and let the spirit go out of his little bead so they could talk. Hey there. Well, here you can feed and regain your strenght.

The spirit emerged from the bead, it was a wood sprite, his home should be a forest, playing amongt the trees.
"Thank you mage."
The being said, he was probably a lesser Jaggling by how articulate it was.
"I do not know how to repay you, for now I am weak, but once I have recovered I will serve you as thanks if you should wish it."
You hear the spirit speak in your own mother tongue, but as for the natural language of this being, it is hard to say, the Hermetics would say Enochian, it did seam to understand you ok though. The Umbrood was still wounded though and would need time to restore itself.

Wednesday morning:

We're currently in a truce in the city. Also, they are not bad guys, they are just in a mistake. We're not always taking blows, less even in this place, so it's one of the best places to awaken.

Lily nodded, she did not understand all of this, she felt like she had fallen down the proverbial rabbit hole, but she did get that this strange man wanted to help her, and if he could help her understand what it was she could see and do, then she would gladly accept that help.

Ah, forgive me, i'm not so used to english. Not a master as with an slave, a teacher i meant.

"Well a teacher is okey...a teacher is good in fact."
Lily said and smiles.

He is something that is melt inside your soul, a part of it. Only creppling your soul it can be removed. I was a reality, Gilgul kills a part of the soul of the person.

"So a soul is more than one thing? Kind of like what the old Egyptians believed, that there are multiple parts?"
The young woman asked, but then what was a soul, he had never really thought about that before, something eternal, the thing that make a person alive, a connection to God, who knew, that a being like the spirit she had just seen could be melded into her soul though was both a comfort and a very odd concept indeed.
"Well I guess he and me will be roommates for a while then."
Lily said with a grin.
"It is a good thing I like dogs if one of them live in my soul."

You off course know that the form of an Avatar is what it take to best communicate with it's mage, Lily loved dogs, so a large, noble dog was a good form to take to make her trust it, it might show itself differently to another person, or to it's next host once Lily Gray died after a long...or short life.
"Well it have been an...odd morning Tane...ehm you said I could learn with you and your friends...what if we exchange phone numbers so we can discuss that further and perhaps find times when it is best for me to come over?"
Lily suggested as the manifested image of the great black dog finally vanished and she stood up and brushed of her clothes, obviously moved by the experience but still practically minded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:26 am

((OOC: Well it is hard to say Warp, it could be a Flambeau, Janissary, a Guernicus or if you go far enough back a Tremere, or a more ritualistic Euthanatos or Cycle focused Verbena ritualist, or none of the above, perhaps Colin will find out in a Seeking or similar at one point though.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:11 am

"My mentor is powerful, very powerful and to loose him would weaken this Chantry, I know, but to me loosing him is a blow I can not bare, he is truly like a father to me.

"I understand." He felt that way about his own pater after all, though Beatrice may have been with Master Nassa longer or at a younger age than he had been mentored.

Noble I do not know, I feel compassion because it suffers, and right now compassion is the only thing I can give it

He digested the words that it tried to impart to him in Enochian and the associated feelings that it stirred within him. It didn't often speak to him plainly in any language, at least not in any way that he could readily differentiate from his own. After a moment said to Beatrice, "My avatar says there is no need for thanks, that it feels compassion for your avatar because it suffers and it is the only thing it can give to it. Also that it cannot separate itself from its experience and understanding that it has through me, so it sees the sliver of light inside of you through my eyes and our shared feelings."

"I...knew you did not feel the same Adley, and that is okey, we do not control such emotions they just come by themselves. If...if these had not been my final hours I would probably never have told you...Beatrice said her small hands clasped one of Adley's hand between them and she spoke in a soft tone of voice. "And I will gladly accept the love for a friend...or a sister...

He understood wanting to say something and nodded to her. "I'm glad that you understand. I wouldn't want to make you more upset." He fell silent for a while, letting her see if there was anything more to say or do and sitting with her, not interrupting. When Master Nassa came in, it was as if Beatrice expected D'Angelo to be there and grab her out of her room. But it was her mentor and their reunion was difficult to witness. He did not wish to interrupt their last time together but there was no way to excuse himself around them without looking as if he were booking for the door. He sat quietly, saw her gifted the scythe with her shackled hands, waiting for an appropriate moment to excuse himself until the Verbena realised he was still there and spoke to him.

Amadeus held his apprentice towards his chest and then finally he gave a nod to Adley acknowledging his presence. "Thank you for taking care of her Mr Roth Hicks...Could you do me the favor of letting Mr Wainwright in here, he is waiting outside, he just wanted to give me the time to present Beatrice with the sickle. I am sure Mr Wainwright is eager to see Beatrice as well."

He nodded to him, looking drawn and with a visible sadness in his eyes. "I will tell--" His phone alerted him and he made an apologetic look and scanned it, brow furrowing and then a glint of interest came into his eyes. "Yes I will tell him and it seems I need to talk to Mr Riez as well, please excuse me." He opened the door to Beatrice's room and stepped out to talk to Colin and Antonio.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:22 am

--Wednesday Afternoon--
Ok, then. I'll be going. I hope we see around a little more often, it looks like there are many hermetics in the chantry and not enough of the other mages. No dreamspeaker to speak of.

OOC: What's a Lesser Jaggling?

Well, stay as much as you like until you're restored, then. How did you got here? You need to be in the forest, not here in the city or near the sea.

--Wednesday Morning--
Lily wrote:"So a soul is more than one thing? Kind of like what the old Egyptians believed, that there are multiple parts?"
Think of it as your body. Your arms are part of you, but they are not you they're a portion. Well, he's a transplant of arms, if you like. And in fact, he's a dog because you love them. It's a way the avatar has to make you like it from the first moment. If another person were to make it appear, it might get another form. It might get another form once you reincarnate or maybe it stays. Commented Tane, just to give her more insight. She might even attempt to put it inside a body, as some have tried, but that would not be too likely.

Yeah! Sure. I live around here, i was just patrolling the area, so if you want to come here before even trying to go, or if you simply want to talk about this with someone, just give me a call. maybe that sounded bad. I'll ask the chantry and if i have any news from there, i'll call you too.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:40 am

Tane:

Wednesday afternoon:

Ok, then. I'll be going. I hope we see around a little more often, it looks like there are many hermetics in the chantry and not enough of the other mages. No dreamspeaker to speak of.

"There are more Hermetics than any other Tradition here yes, and no there are no other Dreamspeakers, there are three Verbena though, four if you count a Hedge Wizard of their Tradition, my own Tradition also have three members here at Steelhaven. The closest other Dramspeaker are one down at Riverside.. Westchapel have two so no your Tradition is not well represented in Boston Mr Kayak."
Adjan said.

Well, stay as much as you like until you're restored, then. How did you got here? You need to be in the forest, not here in the city or near the sea.

"My home is in the marches, I was summoned and forced from my home by a mage, the same mage that placed that parasite in me."
The spirit explains.
"And thank you."
It adds politely.

Wednesday morning:

Think of it as your body. Your arms are part of you, but they are not you they're a portion. Well, he's a transplant of arms, if you like. And in fact, he's a dog because you love them. It's a way the avatar has to make you like it from the first moment. If another person were to make it appear, it might get another form. It might get another form once you reincarnate or maybe it stays. Commented Tane, just to give her more insight. She might even attempt to put it inside a body, as some have tried, but that would not be too likely.

"Well that do make allot of sense really, I think I understand."
Lily said and smiles.
"So if you had seen him you might have seen something else than a big, black dog and instead seen something that would give meaning to you then?"
The young woman said then she asks.
"Do all people have such spirits living inside of them?"
Lily muttered.
"Can they talk with others of their kind?"

eah! Sure. I live around here, i was just patrolling the area, so if you want to come here before even trying to go, or if you simply want to talk about this with someone, just give me a call. maybe that sounded bad. I'll ask the chantry and if i have any news from there, i'll call you too.

"I come here often as well, sometimes with my friends, but often I bring the dogs here and walk them."
Lily said as she showed you her phone with her phone number displayed.
"Thank you for your help, I do appreciate having someone to talk with about what I am seeing...and seeing that being that live inside of me...that was awesome in a way."

(OOC: A Jaggling is a low level spirit that is powerful enough to be fully self conscious. Garou call them Jagglings, some mages do as well, others call them Barons.)

Adley:

"I understand." He felt that way about his own pater after all, though Beatrice may have been with Master Nassa longer or at a younger age than he had been mentored.

Beatrice just nodded, Adley would understand he to had a close relationship with his mentor.

He digested the words that it tried to impart to him in Enochian and the associated feelings that it stirred within him. It didn't often speak to him plainly in any language, at least not in any way that he could readily differentiate from his own. After a moment said to Beatrice, "My avatar says there is no need for thanks, that it feels compassion for your avatar because it suffers and it is the only thing it can give to it. Also that it cannot separate itself from its experience and understanding that it has through me, so it sees the sliver of light inside of you through my eyes and our shared feelings."

"I see...I still appreciate it though."
Beatrice said then she muttered.
"I wonder if they are all that way, that they see the world though the eyes of the host, one of the theories of what they are is that they are perfect beings, complete beings but that a perfect entity can not learn as it is already perfect so they join win imperfect humans to be able to see, and experience as we do and by that learn."
Beatrice said forgetting her situation for a moment in her curiosity then it call came back to her and she looked down.
"Though I suppose it will not much matter to me soon what they are, nor will theories of magick have any meaning to me anymore."
She muttered sadly and tears begun to stream down her pale cheeks again.

He understood wanting to say something and nodded to her. "I'm glad that you understand. I wouldn't want to make you more upset." He fell silent for a while, letting her see if there was anything more to say or do and sitting with her, not interrupting.

"You have not made me more upset Adley, your kindness have helped."
The young Verbena muttered before she sat there silently, was there things to say...probably but she could not think of any right now, well the rest of the Cabal had to be informed...and Tane, but with the Dreamspeaker it was probably better to do so after...thing was done since he had spoken of killing to protect her...and then there was her mother, she had to be told, but Beatrice did not even know how to begin to do that.

He nodded to him, looking drawn and with a visible sadness in his eyes. "I will tell--" His phone alerted him and he made an apologetic look and scanned it, brow furrowing and then a glint of interest came into his eyes. "Yes I will tell him and it seems I need to talk to Mr Riez as well, please excuse me." He opened the door to Beatrice's room and stepped out to talk to Colin and Antonio.

Outside Beatrice's apartment you see Antonio and Colin. Antonio gave you a nod when you came out of the room.
"Adley...I hope I am not interrupting."
The Scribe said, using your first name now in a less formal setting.
"The main Chantry as in House Shaea's main Chantry in Cairo sent over some documents for me when it comes to the trials of widderslainte members of the Traditions over the last fifty years...there have been ten cases...here."
Antonio said and gave you his tablet PC.
"See these five here where Gilgulled straight up four that where known to be a danger in some way and Miss Florentine...then one died during the duration of the trial from Paradox...as for the others most where sentenced, Branded and then left be withing the Traditions...Beatrice is the only one who have gotten such a stay of execution...more interestingly though is this case right here Greg Bachmeier, as you can see his case is nearly identical to Miss Alexander's other than that he was attacked before he became an apprentice by Traditionalists trying to Gilgul him. However if you look at it, both have a powerful and respected mentor willing to take responsibility of them, both are young and had done nothing wrong other than being born...I have highlighted the similarities here. Now by Tradition law which is based on Hermetic laws, legal precedent is supposed to guide sentencing, this is to make sure there are equality before the law, so as to avoid a situation where a judge may like you so when you go ballistic with fireballs and attract allot of sleeper attention you are given a small fine while I when I do it get Branded, so in a very similar case by law a very similar punishment is to be meted out. Now this boy was given Branding but that was to be carried out once his Avatar have fully healed which can take years...and other than that he was just left in the care of his mentor, while Miss Alexander was sentenced to Gilgul and that was stopped by a very restrictive stay of execution, and she was in addition given Branding, a much sterner sentence. Now I am not a Quaesitor but I believe that there is a chance that if we can get Mr Bachmeier's court documents that have all the details, we can use them to demand that Miss Alexander be given a new trial or at least a new sentencing more in line with precedent...I know it is a long shot Adley...we have to find this man in less then two hours and even if we do the judges might not listen to us, but it is the only solution I could find and I thought I would bing the information to you at least."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:52 am

Colin smiled to Adley, "Mistress Telar has a portal set up to Horizon, all we need is someone to go through - I cannot do it, since I would likely need more than two hours to find out where the pertinent locations are... Fair warning, though; the portal will not be guaranteed safe, and we do not know for certain that Mr. Bachmeier still resides in the Horizon Chantry's Order of Hermes section, but it might be our best shot. If you'll excuse me, I'd like to see Beatrice now, and point Master Nassa out here."
With that, he stepped inside the apartment, face unreadable again.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:01 am

Colin when you enter Beatrice's apartment you see her standing there Amadeus finally releasing her from his arms, the girl looked terrible, her eyes where red from crying and she was pasty white as if she had been sick for weeks, you notice that her hands are in chains, the kind that prevented magick, she had been given the sickle from Amadeus though and she was still holding it when you come into her living room.
"Hello Colin."
Beatrice muttered, she put the sickle carefully down into it' box again and ran a finger lovingly over the blade before she turned to face her Cabalmate again.
"Thank you for coming...I appreciate it..."
Beatrice muttered, she was shaking and there was this stark terror and hopelessness in her eyes as she looked at the Orphan.

Amadeus glanced at Colin and nodded to him.
"Mr Wainwright."
He said, it was clear the old mage was struggling to control his emotions and grief and anger shone in his eyes, all he wanted to do was to protect Beatrice, but he had no idea how.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:20 am

Colin nodded back to Amadeus, "Master Nassa... Would you give me a few moments? Also, I believe Mister Reiz had something to tell you... fairly urgent."
He smiled thinly to Beatrice, "Of course I would come... A Labyrinth of Nephandi and a pack of Marauders combined could not keep me away, try as they might... I just had to finish something first."
He sighed, "Normally words come easy to me; too easy on occasion, but tonight..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:32 am

Amadeus hesitated, he did not want to leave his apprentice in the short time he had left with her, and with her being so frightened, but he eventually nodded and left the room after he had planted another kiss softly on her forehead.
"I will be right back Beatrice."
The old mage muttered then he went out into the hallway where Antonio and Adley where talking.

Beatrice looked at Colin she gave a slight smile at his words but the smile did not touch her eyes, she was to afraid.
"I guess it is hard to find something to say about it for any of us..."
The young Verbena muttered then she looked at the sickle.
"I assume you are the one who restored it then Colin, thank you, it is beautiful..."
Beatrice said and let her fingers slide over the blade again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:45 am

Colin nodded, "Yes, it's the finest piece I've ever worked on, even when I first saw it; tarnished and bent in the hands of its previous wielder, but not irreparably so, and well loved all the same... An odd kind of symmetry, perhaps?"
He sighed, "Would that I could restore your Avatar as easily as a bent blade."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:54 am

Beatrice nodded she looked at the blade.
"If I had not had these on, I would be able to feel the energy of that blade, a foci that have been haded down through generations of Verbena of my lineage."
The young Verbena muttered and twisted her hand in the restraints they made her feel claustrophobic, as an energist she was used to feeling thee energies in objects and people around her, now she felt like he was deaf and blind and it terrified her, made her feel disoriented, a good chunk of the information she used to take in from the world around was just not there anymore and that this blindness to energy from become permanent just terrified her.
"I...I wish so to Colin...I wish so to."
Beatrice muttered sadly, she wondered what the Orphan would think of her once the rite was done, would he just see a husk best avoided? Probably most would...
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:26 pm

Colin shushed Beatrice gently, taking her hands in his, "Remember the litany I told you? I must not Fear, Fear is the Mind-Killer..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:37 pm

"Y...yes but...they are going to..."
Beatrice muttered her eyes filling up with tears again.
"I...can't stop them and they will take everything I am and hope to me from me, they will cut apart my soul...I..."
The young Verbena looked down at her hands as Colin held them.
"I am not sure anything can be done for this fear..."
The young woman whispered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:58 pm

Colin smiled, "Courage, my dear. The battle is not over until one side yields. We've not yielded yet; we're still fighting, those of us who can - I might not personally be able to do much to stop D'Angelo, but others here can, and try. What you need to keep in mind now is that there are maybe two persons on the planet with a vested interest in your fear, and that is D'Angelo and her brother. Are you really going to give them the satisfaction? Remember Teomim; no excuses, no regrets, just integrity, conviction and an unyielding spirit."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:36 pm

Beatrice closed her eyes and nodded, Colin was right her panic served none but her enemies, D'Angelo would delight in seeing her terrified and hysterical. The young Verbena's mind went to the betrayer of the First Cabal, surly he had done horrible things, but they said he had not yielded, he had stood facing the consequences of his actions proudly.
"M...my mentor said that as long as my Avatar is alive there is hope..."
Beatrice muttered as she glanced up at Colin.
"And it will fight. I fear it might hurt one or more of the Masters during...well you know, Primordials do not go down quietly. I am not sure I can fight though I...all I see before me are a life of nothingness once...it is done...perhaps I could become a Hedge Wizard...I don't know. I do not think I have the courage Heylel Teomim showed..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:01 pm

Colin gently hugged Beatrice, stroking her head carefully, "Nobody is demanding you have the courage Teomim showed. We're just asking you to keep looking for it. Keep looking for it tonight, keep looking tomorrow, and the day after that, and so on; that's all anyone can ask... I wonder, though, how much of your gloom comes from your Avatar, rather than you. It does seem like it has a particular leaning toward... not defeatism, but certainly toward seeing its own end in everything. And even though it's destroyed, I expect a small part of it will stay with you; even if only a memory rather than something like the shard Adley got stuck in his... Oh, God, I hadn't thought of... I have to make a call."
Colin quickly let go and fished up his phone, calling Cita.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:21 pm

Beatrice sigh, her Avatar was not the more cheerful thing in the Tellurian, it was gloomy and well destructive, but no her fear was not from it, not this time. Her gloom came from sadness over loosing the being that had walked beside her all her life...and loosing her magick, Beatrice could not imagine a life not being a mage, few magi could.
"Well I hope you are right, that a small part of him will stay with me...or rather no I do not, that would be a selfish wish, he is Primordial...Entropic, if he is to be destroyed that I hope for him that his destruction is complete, that not a shard remains, that when I die no one will rememberer that he even existed so he can have the oblivion he desire."
Beatrice muttered sadly, leaning her head against Colin's shoulder. She wondered if she could find that courage Teomim had once showed, she doubted it though, perhaps at this time she just knew to much, grated she had never seen a mage after Gilgul, but she had read about it, she knew the devastation, how could she face something like that and not be panicked?

Beatrice wondered what the conversation Colin suddenly had to take was but she did not ask, instead she walked over to the sofa and sat down, bending her hands until she could idly pick at the chain that connected the cuffs together. One thing was sure though, Colin's optimism had made her a little more hopeful herself, she was not Gilgulled yet...perhaps there was still hope even if just a tiny one.

Cita picked up her phone and replied.
"Yes what can I do for you?"
The woman sounded a bit tired, she had worked allot of complicated magick this day, her voice was also a bit hushed so she would not wake Tobias who slept on the sofa in the same room she was in.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:30 pm

Colin smirked, "I'm dreadfully sorry for being a bother, Miss Telar, but I just had a thought. As I understand it, Adley has a shard of a spirit which was torn apart stuck in his Avatar, as a consequence of using magic in the presence of where it was destroyed, isn't that correct? What occurred to me is that as I heard the story, the D'Angelo twins found their mentor having had his Avatar flayed by the Nephandi... what is the chance that something similar would have happened to them, interfering with their sound judgment over the years?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:45 pm

Colin smirked, "I'm dreadfully sorry for being a bother, Miss Telar, but I just had a thought.

"You are not a bother Mr Wainwright, I am listening, and just call me Cita, everyone do."

As I understand it, Adley has a shard of a spirit which was torn apart stuck in his Avatar, as a consequence of using magic in the presence of where it was destroyed, isn't that correct?

"It would not be right for me to discuss my patients Mr Wainwright, but you do seam to be pretty well informed, let us leave it at that."

What occurred to me is that as I heard the story, the D'Angelo twins found their mentor having had his Avatar flayed by the Nephandi... what is the chance that something similar would have happened to them, interfering with their sound judgment over the years?"

There was a long silence then Cita cleared her throat.
"It can happen...Mr Wainwright, when an Avatar shatters...it is like a crystal glass hitting the floor, a splinter can get stuck in your foot...it is not common with a properly done ritual, but during an accident or Nephandi torture...yes it is possible, and the effect on the mage and be...well often quite erratic. The shard of an Avatar will not give the same problems as a shard of an Umbrood but they carry with them quite a few problems."
The Spirit Master said sounding like she spoke from personal experience.
"If, and this is a big if, shard of their unfortunate Mentor's Avatar had gotten stuck in one or both of the D'Angelo twins then yes that could drastically affect their judgment."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:44 pm

Colin smirked a little, "I would not presume to ask you to break confidentiality, but I was present when he was... injured, and received a presumably simplified explanation of the situation. Now, I would of course not presume to ask you to check the good Quaesitor personally; I'm certain that while your ability in the field is unquestionable, she might presume you to be delaying the process of such a scan... but it might be most convenient if you were to, say, follow this train of thought, assemble some adequate evidence of the possibility, and present it to the gathered Quaesitors, oh, about ten minutes before the ritual is scheduled? I mean, schedules should be kept, and we wouldn't wish to be caught outright stalling for time, but as I understand it, if a Quaesitor is being... influenced, they may not hold office or participate in the work related to it for some time? Surely with five other Masters of the relevant arts present, it should be an easy thing for them to quickly prove or disprove such a hypothesis?"
He gave Beatrice a sly wink, "It would indeed be such a shame if the Quaesitors were forced to return home for want of the manpower to conduct their ritual after all this work, would it not?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:52 pm

"I wonder if they are all that way, that they see the world though the eyes of the host, one of the theories of what they are is that they are perfect beings, complete beings but that a perfect entity can not learn as it is already perfect so they join win imperfect humans to be able to see, and experience as we do and by that learn."

He looked thoughtful. "My mentor says that spirits like Umbrood are perfect in what they do, their complete beings are 100% what they are and nothing they are not. I have always thought that to be...beautiful in some instances at least. But if that theory is true, that presents an interesting conundrum. A perfect being not able to learn because anything it would learn would change its natural perfection, becoming at least temporarily imperfect, so it must then take another view to find a more encompassing form of attainment, Ascension." When she started crying again he sat closer to her.

"Adley...I hope I am not interrupting." the Scribe said...I know it is a long shot Adley...we have to find this man in less then two hours and even if we do the judges might not listen to us, but it is the only solution I could find and I thought I would bing the information to you at least."

He looked over at Antonio, trying to absorb the large amount of information that he was telling him. He took the computer from him and read through the names. Some of his earlier melancholy faded but he appeared cautiously optimistic. "After what has happened to Susanna I do not hold as much faith with the judgements of the courts than I used to but it would not do to leave this avenue unexplored. Do you know if it would interfere with my pater's request for a pardon, assuming that he manages to find the man he seeks?" All they needed was to be log jammed on some technicality due to having two different legal rebuttals open on one case.

Colin smiled to Adley, "Mistress Telar has a portal set up to Horizon, all we need is someone to go through - I cannot do it, since I would likely need more than two hours to find out where the pertinent locations are... Fair warning, though; the portal will not be guaranteed safe, and we do not know for certain that Mr. Bachmeier still resides in the Horizon Chantry's Order of Hermes section, but it might be our best shot. If you'll excuse me, I'd like to see Beatrice now, and point Master Nassa out here."

"You're assuming I know Horizon more than I do Colin, but granted I will find searching in the Order area easier than an Orphan. Still..." He looked at him and then nodded. "Nothing is safe or guaranteed. But if Master Telar will send me there and back again, I will go. He got a look on his face. Colin I don't suppose you have the ability to scan us and see if we have been put under a bad fate? Granted not all of this would be due to the Nephandi, but..." he shakes his head and then looks tired but determined. "Yes, of course. I didn't realise you were out here, I am glad that you have come," he said.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:23 pm

Colin:

Colin smirked a little, "I would not presume to ask you to break confidentiality, but I was present when he was... injured, and received a presumably simplified explanation of the situation. Now, I would of course not presume to ask you to check the good Quaesitor personally; I'm certain that while your ability in the field is unquestionable, she might presume you to be delaying the process of such a scan...

"Well that and the fact that asking random mages if you may paw on their Avatars generally do not go over so well and ensuring them that, oh don't worry I am an expert, well that do not tend to make things better."
Cita commented.
"Either there have to be a court order for someone to be examined or they come to me for help, I can not begin to examine someone's Avatar against their will."

but it might be most convenient if you were to, say, follow this train of thought, assemble some adequate evidence of the possibility, and present it to the gathered Quaesitors, oh, about ten minutes before the ritual is scheduled?

"That I can try...I am not sure how well it will go, or if I will be ignored, but I can try."

I mean, schedules should be kept, and we wouldn't wish to be caught outright stalling for time, but as I understand it, if a Quaesitor is being... influenced, they may not hold office or participate in the work related to it for some time? Surely with five other Masters of the relevant arts present, it should be an easy thing for them to quickly prove or disprove such a hypothesis?"

"Hum...that might work, I can make such an accusation and they will have to check it to see if D'Angelo is able to work as a judge and that might take a little time, gaining you a few minutes extra at least, perhaps more."
Cita agreed.
"I might have to learn Hermetic Certamen though since D'Angelo are sure not to be to pleased with me after such a stunt."
The Virtual Adept giggled.

He gave Beatrice a sly wink, "It would indeed be such a shame if the Quaesitors were forced to return home for want of the manpower to conduct their ritual after all this work, would it not?"

"Well that would be terribly inconvenient for them I imagine, however that would only happen if D'Angelo have a shard of her mentor's Avatar stuck in her soul, assuming she was hit by one and then that she have not had it removed...which is unlikely but we might as well try."
Cita said.

Beatrice raised an eyebrow, but she did ask, she did wondered what the hell Colin was plotting now, but then if he could create some trouble for D'Angelo then that would be a good thing for her.

Adley:

He looked thoughtful. "My mentor says that spirits like Umbrood are perfect in what they do, their complete beings are 100% what they are and nothing they are not. I have always thought that to be...beautiful in some instances at least. But if that theory is true, that presents an interesting conundrum. A perfect being not able to learn because anything it would learn would change its natural perfection, becoming at least temporarily imperfect, so it must then take another view to find a more encompassing form of attainment, Ascension." When she started crying again he sat closer to her.

Beatrice listened to Adley's words, even though her despair she found the topic interesting and he stopped sobbing long enough to listen.
"I...it is only one of the many theories...but it makes sense to me in a way."
Beatrice muttered as she wiped her eyes.
"P...perhaps I can still study these things after...well...though I do not know if it will make sense to me then."
The Verbena muttered sadly.

He looked over at Antonio, trying to absorb the large amount of information that he was telling him. He took the computer from him and read through the names. Some of his earlier melancholy faded but he appeared cautiously optimistic. "After what has happened to Susanna I do not hold as much faith with the judgements of the courts than I used to but it would not do to leave this avenue unexplored. Do you know if it would interfere with my pater's request for a pardon, assuming that he manages to find the man he seeks?" All they needed was to be log jammed on some technicality due to having two different legal rebuttals open on one case.

"No it should not interfere with a pardon from my understanding of the law."
Antonio said then he nodded.
"I can see how the last few days have shook your faith in the law, but I choose to believe there are some bad apples and not that the whole barrel are rotten."
The Scribe said.
"Now like I said such evidence of Beatrice's sentencing not following precedent is a long shot, it might not be listened to, but it is a better chance than a pardon which to my knowledge have only been given once or twice."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:11 pm

[quote]"No it should not interfere with a pardon from my understanding of the law."
Antonio said then he nodded.[quote]

"Good, well, it wouldn't stop me from trying to get them anyway. We'll need a plan B."

"I can see how the last few days have shook your faith in the law, but I choose to believe there are some bad apples and not that the whole barrel are rotten." The Scribe said.

He nodded. "Yes, you're right. They may not stand for the whole Council. If the 'bad apples' haven't spread at least. But listen to me, you're right. A few bad apples doesn't mean the whole is yet unsalvagable."

"Now like I said such evidence of Beatrice's sentencing not following precedent is a long shot, it might not be listened to, but it is a better chance than a pardon which to my knowledge have only been given once or twice."

"Yes and not in a very long time. Do you know where this address is, in the grand scheme of Horizon? With such short time, we can hardly afford to wander around lost."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top