Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:28 am

Beatrice looked around, she peered at the bookshelf with interest then she sat down in a chair and plucked at the chain between the cuffs again.
"Well it is certainly allot neater than my apartment."
Beatrice muttered then she glanced at Colin it felt odd to care about what tea she wanted at a time like this, but then in a few hours would she ever enjoy anything again, she might as well do so while she still could.
"It do not matter that much...but I like fruit teas."
Beatrice muttered then she added.
"Thank you Colin."
The young Verbena muttered after a while she looked down and said in a very soft voice.
"If I decide to live...after it is done I mean...will you still be my friend, even if I...am no longer a mage?"
Beatrice asked sadly.
"Or will that be to difficult for you?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:33 am

(OOC: We are at 50 pages again so it is time for another summary before a new IC thread. I hope I have not forgotten anything from the summary:

Colin, Tane, Coawa, Bianca and Ryan got away from the airport. Coawa discovered a Umbrood following them and Tane found that the spirit was controlled by a parasite, which he killed, saving the Umbrood, later he bound the Umbood into a fetish, with the spirit's blessing. The group then drove to the Marches, but as they found there where no more pursuers and Coawa found that there might be werewolves there the group returned to Steelhaven safely.

After he returned Tane met Adjan and have been speaking a bit with him, later he had a conversation with Hildegaard and Jane and he found out that young Jane is a Garou kinfolk.

It was discovered that Uagi had set it's children to watch over the Umbrood shard in Adley's Avatar, the little spider spirits are crawling on the Chantry's walls and scared a Chorister who saw them and thought they where Pattern Spiders. Jeffry are considering asking the spirits to work on the books in the library, preserving them.

Jeffry and Adley manage to get the Umbrood Truth to agree to watch over Beatrice, a part of the Umbrood's payment was that Adley tell it a personal truth, which he did in telling it about two young men he had loved but never confessed his love to. Adley is worried his mentor will judge him for who he have loved but Jeffry do not seam to care much about that, though the story do surprise him.

The Chantry have a strategy meeting about Beatrice's case, they come to the conclusion that they will have to check different avenues, including trying to get Susannah Florentine's court documents to see if they can use information there to build a case against the D'Angelos. Other avenues explored it trying to get a new trial for Beatrice, checking up if the phylactery idea might be a way to go and also to take a sample of Beatrice's Avatar so that it can be proven she have not touched the corrupted Node.

Cita Telar take the sample of Beatrice's Avatar, the procedure go smoothly but are painful, the Spirit Master then examines Adley she say that if he let the Umbrood shard stay she can banish it directly from his Avatar when it is strong enough to survive on it's own, however she warns him that he might get allot of Resonance from keeping it, this part worries the young Hermetic, but at least his Avatar is in less danger.

Jeffry seam to have become very friendly with the Spirit Master Cita Telar and he even buy a necklace for her from Colin. Adley get a letter from a vampire that ask him for help with a mage, when he contacts the creature he find out that the man, Dennis Lenoe have adopted a mage that accidentally Awakened when he tried to Embrace him. Adley talks Lenoe into surrendering the mage who have become a ghoul so he can get help among his own kind. Part of the problem off course is that vampire blood harms an Avatar and chances are other magi will go after Lenoe when they find out, Jeffry offers Lenoe a sort of protected custody, but only if he agree to be staked, the vampire agree to this. There is also an added complication, the ghoul mage, Tobias, i a talent in Time and Lisa have already tried to get him once.

The Cabal have a dinner meeting at Beatrice's apartment, supernatural weaknesses are discussed and the group get closer, then Colin and Adley along with Amadeus go to retrieve Tobias, getting the boy and staking Dennis Lenoe go smoothly, but then an very old Marauder named Gloria Ceris, an old friend of Amadeus attack them. Colin shoots Gloria with a Primium bullet, nearly killing the insane mage and stopping her attack and Adley talks her into surrendering. It becomes clear that Gloria believes that she is a Diedne at the time when Diedne was still a Hermetic House. The group returns to Steelhaven..

The last time when Adley went to Lux Itineris he found that Alphonse had badly beaten his own apprentice Gwen, nearly killing the girl, when he peak with Jeffry about this the old mage think this is uncharacteristic of his old friend and he decides to go to Lux Itineris himself to confront Alphonse about what was done to the young woman. Adley are worried that if something is wrong with Alphonse the powerful old mage might turn on his own mentor, Jeffry however are determined to go.

Colin get himself officially ranked as a Initiate.

Cita examines Tobias and find that the vampire blood have done allot of damage, she is unsure if the boy or his Avatar will survive the withdrawal from vampire blood he have to go through to survive. Tobias is also extremely worried about Lenoe's wellbeing and keeping the boy calm is not an easy task.

Amadeus and Beatrice heals Golria and saves her life, though this takes it's toll on Beatrice which get drunk on Quintessence and have to be helped into bed. Jeffry comes back from his meeting with Alphonse, he tells Adley that he fear the old mage is strongly affected by Resonance and that is why he attacked his apprentice. Jeffry have arranged for Gwen to be taken to Riverside where another member of her House will care for her for now. Colin decide for safety reasons to postpone his meeting with Alphonse.

Jeffry found that Vittoria D'Angelo no have six Spirit Masters and he fear that they will come for Beatrice that very night, which they do. First Beatrice and Adley want to deny the judges access to the young Verbena but as one of th judges, Tolle explains how it is all legal, there is little Adley or his mentor can do...the old Spirit Masters leave but they will be back in three hours to put Beatrice through the Gilgul rite. Colin and Adley try to comfort Beatrice while they desperately try to find a way to save her, and they might have found a way in a young widderslainte who was taken to trial a few years before Beatrice, he was given a much lighter sentence and so her sentence was wrong by the law of precedence, Adley prepares to go to Horizon to check this out while Colin plots to delay Beatrice's Gilgul to buy the Hermetic more time to save her.

Tane and Beatrice become closer friends. Earlier when patrolling the beach Tane meet a young woman named Lily Gray who is Awakened and can see spirits, the Dreamspeaker begins to tell Lily about mage society and invites her to the Traditions to learn.

Well done everyone, I think this game is going very well and I am enjoying it allot, I hope you are as well. I hope I did not miss to much in this summary I had to write it up a bit quickly this time. Adley, Colin and Tane get three exp each, everyone else get one.

Yes that means Adley and Colin now should have 8 exp each, 3 for the first thread, 2 for the second and 3 for the third, just in case you had not been keeping track.

Well then we will start on IC thread four.

Now if the players of Jon, Bianca, Bruce and Richard need any help getting back into things please let me know.

Here is the new thread: http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com/t56-the-lord-of-the-labyrinth-sunday-ritual-and-stopping-a-gilgul-ic-thread-4#2571 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:22 pm

--Wednesday Afternoon--
It's good to know that there are some others in the city at least. I found this morning a girl in the beach that had awaken unespectedly, and i think she has no mentor so i should ask if i could bring her here to study. If she keeps her way straight i would say she'd become Verbena or dreamspeaker. maybe there could be more dreamspeakers, if so, maybe they could turn out to be as many as the others.

Well, then, once you're restored we'll take you there. What has that mage forced you to do?

--Wednesday Morning--
Maybe or maybe not. I think it's his choice. All people have avatars, but some can awaken it. It depends on the strength of the avatar and the ability of the mage to see the reality as it truly is.

Lily wrote:"Can they talk with others of their kind?"
I don't really think so. Only with help. I can make mine but it's not discreet, and others if i put some effort in it, but one at a time. It will find ways to communicate, nonetheless, just not the way we do.

OOC: How are the levels of power amongst spirits?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:49 pm

Wednesday afternoon:

It's good to know that there are some others in the city at least. I found this morning a girl in the beach that had awaken unespectedly, and i think she has no mentor so i should ask if i could bring her here to study. If she keeps her way straight i would say she'd become Verbena or dreamspeaker. maybe there could be more dreamspeakers, if so, maybe they could turn out to be as many as the others.

"That is good...another Awakened are always welcome. Yes do bring the girl here and a mentor will be found for her, though I do not know about any naturalists that are looking for an apprentice at this Chantry, like I said other than you there are no Dreamspeakers and for the Verbena, Beatrice Alexander and Ingmar Rush are both to young and inexperienced for an student and Amadeus Nassa...well I guess he could be willing to take on another student, perhaps then he would give Miss Alexander some breathing space as he do dominate her life, but that as they as are none of my affairs, how another treat their students. Over at Riveside though there are more Verbena so the girl you found might find a teacher there."

Well, then, once you're restored we'll take you there. What has that mage forced you to do?

"I am not sure I follow you Mr Karyak."
The Euthanatos said and looked a bit puzzled.

Wednesday morning:

Maybe or maybe not. I think it's his choice. All people have avatars, but some can awaken it. It depends on the strength of the avatar and the ability of the mage to see the reality as it truly is.

Lily nodded then she gave a mischievous grin.
"So with Avatars size do matter?"
The girl joked then she looked a bit apologetic.
"Sorry, bad joke I know...but yes I think I understand, everyone have Avatars but not all of them are strong enough, or ready to Awaken?"

I don't really think so. Only with help. I can make mine but it's not discreet, and others if i put some effort in it, but one at a time. It will find ways to communicate, nonetheless, just not the way we do.

"I see, that must be odd if something that live in your soul as you say, are a part of your soul, tall with another soul, that must really feel odd."
Lily said with a grin.
"Have yours ever communicated with another person or another Avatar?"

(OOC: Gaffling, Jaggling, Incarna, Celestine and off course greater and lesser variations of each type. I might have forgotten one to but that is the basic scale.)

(OOC 2: There are a new IC thread we try to keep each thread around 50 pages. Here it is: http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com/t56-the-lord-of-the-labyrinth-sunday-ritual-and-stopping-a-gilgul-ic-thread-4#2571 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:05 am

--Wednesday Afternoon--
I shall ask Mister Narim and see what he says. smiled Tane.
Well, i suppose i should go now and ask him, before going with Hildegaard. Said tane giving a hand out I hope we see around, then.

Tane wrote:Well, then, once you're restored we'll take you there. What has that mage forced you to do?
>> that was for the spirit.

--Wednesday Morning--
My mother always said that it was more about the wide than the Length Said Tane laughed Some have short of thin avatars. Some just can't get it Up.

Lily wrote:Have yours ever communicated with another person or another Avatar?
It's not that weird. Mine is a God, or takes that form, so it has it's own voice and sings his own songs. He has talked to others, and he has little trouble with it, but i wouldn't show him to anybody. For now it's just my brother and my Cabal or the little group i'm working with.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:54 am

(OOC: I will be replying in the new IC thread.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

View previous topic View next topic Back to top