The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:32 am

(OOC: So we are starting a new gaming thread from where we left of in thread 3, just to not have threads that are a million pages long, so do feel free to post away.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Warpmind on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:23 am

Colin nodded and served up two cups of apple-flavored tea, then retrieved the book. "Of course I will still be your friend. I see you much as a very dear niece, and one does not disown family over an injury they've suffered. Whatever path you choose, whether D'Angelo gets her will or not, I will be right here to support you. Now, let's see, page, page, page, ah, here we are; Heylel Teomim has just been brought into the ritual chamber, and starts his speech..."

((OOC: Charisma + Performance... 9, 9. Colin delivers an impressive speech, I think. O.o ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:42 am

Beatrice took the cup of tea she looked at Colin and smiles slightly, yes that is how she felt about him as well, as an older family member, and of all of her Cabal she suspected the Orphan was the one least likely to feel to uncomfortable about her to...abandon her once...
"Thank you Colin."
The young Verbena say then she sit in silence as the Orphan read Heylel Teomim's final words, the rebis spoke of why he had betrayed his Cabal, of how the Traditions where weak and needed to stand together against a common enemy, so he would become that enemy no matter what it cost him, the man had been defiant to the end, sorrowful yes about the fate of his dead Cabalmates, grieving and full of guilt, but still unapologetic about the reasons for what he had done, and what more he had been strong and dignified. Heylel's constant change between referring to himself as I and we caused by his imperfect joining as a rebis was hard to follow but his words was inspiring, the man never begged for mercy, he accepted his guilt and the consequences and left some jabs for the Council and the Traditions in there as well.
"He never faltered and did not give them the satisfaction of seeing him beg."
Beatrice muttered after a while, the tea cooling in her hands as she had been busy listening to the words Colin read to her.
"He faced something like that and he never faltered..."
Th Verbena muttered.

Right in the back of the section of the Fragile Path that had Heylel's confessions, a few pages after the images of the rite, was the drawing of a figure standing partly in darkness, it looked hagged and compared to the portrait of the beautiful Heylel at the front of the book this figure looked much older, a scrap of cloth thrown about his naked form as he leaned on a staff for support, pain and defiance in his eyes...the last portrait of Heylel Teomim before his execution. The man must have faced untold agony during the Gilgul, but he stood, even after all that he stood to face his death rather than remain on the floor...the great betrayer, defiant to the end.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:01 pm

Colin nodded, avoiding to look too closely at the images, "A powerful speech from someone willing to sacrifice everything to unite the Traditions... I can actually not think of any similar deeds in history, where someone made themselves so thoroughly the villain to force everyone else to unify."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:38 pm

"No it is hard to think of him just as a villain...Heylel Teomim I mean, he betrayed those closet to him, but he did so at a time when the Traditions where about to fail, and many where speaking about joining with the Order of Reason, which became the Technocracy, but after the Order of Reason had killed and tortured half the First Cabal those talks stopped, and the Traditions unified in hunting down Teomim, that was his plan from the start, a cruel plan perhaps, but if he had not done it, we might have been Technocrats or dead today."
Beatrice muttered she suddenly remembered the cooling tea in her hands and took a sip of it.
"He sacrificed himself and his Cabal to avoid such a future...so hero or villain it is hard to know, perhaps he was a bit of both."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:41 pm

Colin gulped down the rest of his tea. "I honestly don't believe anyone is either/or... Anyone who rises above the crowd will be a hero to some and a villain to others; some will manage to be both at once, but every deed of significance comes with its own set of consequences for someone."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:13 pm

Beatrice glanced at Colin.
"I suspect you are right about that, I mean even the Technocracy would seam heroes to some."
The young Verbena muttered.
"Well in either case thank you for reading me that text Colin, I do not think I can show his courage, but it is still very inspiring, that someone managed to face...that ritual with that kind of dignity and defiance...I would like to at least be able not to beg...but I doubt when the time comes I will be able not to not that begging will do any good."
Beatrice muttered softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:59 pm

The Criamon stopped and turned as the half running man approached him and spoke, he had dark gray eyes that was full of knowledge but there was something off about them as well, the robed mage gave a slight nod and replied. "Yes Sir what can I do for you?"

"I am looking for the apartment of a member of House Jerbiton going by the name of Mr Greg Bachmeier. I was told that those collected within House Ex Miscellaneaare on the bottom-most floor, is this so?" By the look of him, he appeared preoccupied. He wasn't sure what it was about this fellow but other than his strange markings which must make it difficult to interact with Sleepers, he at least was willing to speak with him. "If you could at least point me in the right direction I would be most grateful."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:22 pm

"Well I am going to my own quarters which are in the Ex Miscellanea section at the bottom floor of our Order's domain at Horizon, Jerbiton have their rooms in the same section, and there are not many of them...more than us though."
The Criamon said as he begun walking again motioning for you to follow him, he still looked out of it of sorts, as if he was only partly a part of this world.
"I have heard the name you speak...but I do not know him well, even back when we where major Houses Jerbiton and Criamon where not the best of friends."
The man continued lifting his robes slightly when he got to the stairs so he would not step on them.
"But if you do not find the man you seek, find a Mecere, they know where everyone at this Chantry is and they know more than most realize as they fulfill their duties, ignored and unseen by most."

The Criamon fell silent he just lead the way down a set of stairs until he got to a long corridor, here the carpets where red and they showed symbols and scenes from many of the Houses that now had minor House status, as well as the individuals of Ex Miscellanea, the robed figure stopped and pointed at tree doors marked by the symbol of a tower inside a circle.
"The Jerbiton's quarters."
The man said not stopping for your reply, he was friendly enough but it was like to him you where not really there and he just walked towards another door further down a corridor, one marked with House Criamon's symbol a infinity symbol within a triangle and a square, the only door such marked in the entire corridor. Looking around you see that here to there are the same steady flow of to and from and everywhere else, Jeffry once told you that Horizon Chantry had 500 Awakened members with another 500 visitors at most given times, and in addition to the mages there where Hedge Wizards, familiars and Custos. You even see a woman with the red cap of the Mercere walking with a heavy bag slipping letters under doors and stopping to knock on doors here and there to deliver packages or messages to be said in person.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:38 pm

Colin placed the book on a shelf, pondered for a moment, and retrieved a couple of pencils and a notepad from a desk drawer.
"Actually, there's one thing I've been meaning to ask you, which you might find at least an interesting distraction for a little while. I've noticed some of the odd runes, glyphs and sigils you use; would you mind teaching me a few designs and their meanings? The exercise might put your mind a little more at rest, even though the cuffs keep your powers at bay."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:45 pm

Beatrice looked at Colin then she nodded she took the offered pen and paper and begun to draw, looking upset ever time her movement was hindered by the cuffs.
"This one stands for life and health, this for balance, and this for restoration so when used together they restore balance to life patterns...now I do use more regular runes of several alphabets as well but these symbols here are based on how I see the tapestry and patterns of energy. So this would be an increase of power to make Quintessence flow faster...and this I would use for counter magick..."
Beatrice explained going through the delicate, complex symbols one by one as she explained their use and how she would combine them with others in her Paradigm based on energy, blood and sympathetic magick.

After a while there was a knock on the door, Beeatrice had looked more at ease while she talked about the symbols but now she looked nervously at the door and looked like she wanted to run and hide, there was some time left yet though so it was doubtful that they had come for her yet.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:55 pm

"Well I am going to my own quarters which are in the Ex Miscellanea section at the bottom floor of our Order's domain at Horizon, Jerbiton have their rooms in the same section, and there are not many of them...more than us though." The Criamon said as he begun walking again motioning for you to follow him, he still looked out of it of sorts, as if he was only partly a part of this world.

"Thank you, sir." He followed along, keeping close to him so as to not get swept up but not too close to crowd him. That was more likely for his own benefit than this Hermetic as he seemed not exactly...anchored to the material world.

"I have heard the name you speak...but I do not know him well, even back when we where major Houses Jerbiton and Criamon where not the best of friends...But if you do not find the man you seek, find a Mecere, they know where everyone at this Chantry is and they know more than most realize as they fulfill their duties, ignored and unseen by most."

"True enough," he replied with a nod.

"The Jerbiton's quarters." The man said not stopping for your reply, he was friendly enough but it was like to him you where not really there and he just walked towards another door further down a corridor

"Thank you again..." But he was already moving on down the corridor as if Adley was a passing ghost. The red cap of the Mercere caught his attention and he moved across the hall towards her. There was some small amount of luck so far, to have gotten here so fast despite travel discomfiture, but he wasn't about to turn his full attention to it in case it slipped away. He still had to find the man, after all.

"Excuse me, Mrs...I am looking for the apartment of Mr Greg Bachmeier bani Jerbiton. Would you happen to know which apartment he is staying in?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:11 pm

The Criamon did not seam to notice your thanks he simply wandered into his own room and closed the door, you had met spirits far more attached to the physical world than that man, he just seamed trapped in his own world, he could be in a Quiet for all you knew, in fact from his slightly sluggish replies and unfocused gaze it was somewhat likely that he was.

The Mercere woman looked up from the sack of letters she was carrying and gazed at Adley.
"Bachmeier Sir? His room is the one furthest to the left fo the Jerbiton rooms, but I was just there and he was not home."
The woman said, you notice a bruise on the left side of her face, someone had hit her, no Hermetic would attack the Mercere as they had full membership status, among other Traditions though ungifted Mercere was just Custos, and here on Horizon there were many that came from a time when there where little limitations to what could be done to a servant.
"You could try the room of his Cabalmate Sir, Ian Lochlainn he his a Flambeau."
The Red Cap said as she regarded you.
"Do you know how to get to their House Section Sir?"
The woman asked, she was a plain looking woman with short, curly blond hair, large, sad blue eyes and pale white skin, she was wearing blue jeans and a white tunic as well as her red cap.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:14 pm

Colin made careful notes on the symbols' interactions on a separate page, mentally contemplating how they might be arranged on jewelry and other more tangible items as Foci or even mere decorations. At the knock, Colin looked at his watch and arched an eyebrow.
"I was not expecting guests... Excuse me for a moment."
He walked over and opened the door, "Yes?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:23 pm

You see Amadeus standing outside your room.
"Excuse me Mr Wainwright, I understood it that Beatrice is here with you I...well time is running out, I would like to spend some time with her before...it is to late. If you do not mind me coming in."
The old Verbena said.
"Antonio have told me about the possible solution for my apprentice and Mr Roth Hicks are on Horizon now trying to get the documents...I am more hopeful now than I was an hour ago, but still...I would like to see her."
The old blood mage said, he seamed and stressed, his face drawn with worry.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:34 pm

Colin smiled, "Of course. Beatrice was teaching me some of the symbols she uses; most enlightening. But I would not presume to monopolize her company. Would you rather have some time alone, or will my presence be tolerable? And may I offer a cup of tea?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:51 pm

"By all means stay Mr Wainwright, if you have gotten her mind over onto something else than that is the best thing you can do for her right now."
Amadeus said.
"Yes thank you, that would be nice."
Amadeus say before he smiles to Beatrice, the girl seamed to calmed down when she saw that the visitor was her mentor.
"Do continue with what you where discussing, do not let me disturb you."
The old Verbena said softly.
Beatrice nodded she gave her mentor a soft smile before she looked at Colin and continued to explain about the symbols she used, she enjoyed talking about her art and it did seam to take her mind of what would most likely happen to her, at least for a little while.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:53 pm

The Mercere woman looked up from the sack of letters she was carrying and gazed at Adley. "Bachmeier Sir? His room is the one furthest to the left fo the Jerbiton rooms, but I was just there and he was not home."

'Couldn't be that easy'', he thought to himself. 'There is only something incredibly critical on the line.' He sighed and then turned to the woman, noting the bruise on her and then frowning slightly at the sight of it. "Ah, I see. That is too bad I do need to speak to him rather immediately."

"You could try the room of his Cabalmate Sir, Ian Lochlainn he his a Flambeau." The Red Cap said as she regarded you."Do you know how to get to their House Section Sir?"

"Could you direct me please?" He felt a bit of a ping pong ball but whatever it took to find the man in time.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:06 pm

"If it is important, yes I can lead the way."
The Mercee woman said then she gave a bit of a grin.
"I guess you are the package I need to deliver this time then, this way please Sir."
The Red Cap said and headed up the stairs, pausing to see if you followed her, then she continued. The woman did not speak as she lead you up two sets of stairs and through several doors, she was not used to anyone having much anything to say to her, finally she came to a set of opened double doors that lead to another hallway, this hall was decorated in red and gold, tapestries with scenes of battle hung on the walls and the floor whee a marble mosaic that showed a rendering of the Flambeau's favorite topic, the Founder's last rote that destroyed an army and an area the size of a city.
"Do you see that door, the fifth on the right? That is Mr Lochlainn's room..."
The Mercere said, she had not said her name, she was not used to anyone really caring what her name was, their mail got delivered and that is all it was to it.
"Well I need to get back to my regular rounds so...unless you need me for anything further?"
The woman said a bit nervously, she was used to not all mages treating her well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:08 pm

Colin smoothly set up a pot of the apple tea, refilling Beatrice's cup and his own, and offering a cup to Amadeus before sitting down again, doodling an oval with some of the symbols, "So, if I were to combine, say, the symbols for Power and Restoration like this, it could represent improved control over the Quintessence flow? Or perhaps like this..."
He added the Life symbol to either side of the other pair, "...to use a preferably willing donor's life force to stabilize that of another, for example in the case of injury or disease?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:35 pm

"If it is important, yes I can lead the way." The Mercee woman said then she gave a bit of a grin. "I guess you are the package I need to deliver this time then, this way please Sir."

He raised an eyebrow, looking a bit amused but also still focused and in a hurry. "I guess that would be accurate. I place myself into your care then," he said walking along at a fast pace. Again he kept an eye out for where he was going. At least everything seemed to be well ordered.

"Do you see that door, the fifth on the right? That is Mr Lochlainn's room..." The Mercere said, she had not said her name, she was not used to anyone really caring what her name was, their mail got delivered and that is all it was to it. "Well I need to get back to my regular rounds so...unless you need me for anything further?" The woman said a bit nervously

"No, thank you Mrs...?" Then he nodded to her and said, "I appreciate the time I've taken from your duty, excuse me." He hurried over towards the door indicated and knocked on it.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:51 pm

Colin:

Beatrice sipped her tea and nodded.
"Yes, and you can use that for many purposes, for healing of let us say a broken leg you can do so coincidentally because increased Quintessence flow in the life patterns will better the vitality of the wounded limb making it heal faster and better but not so fast as to be seen as impossible by the Sleepers. However you can also use it to increase the strength of another rote, or if inscribed over an item it can make it stronger for a while and it strengthen the Quintessence in it's patterns."
The young Verbena said and nodded.
"Yes in your second example you could use that to transfer life from one donor to another to heal them or better their life patterns."
Beatrice said.

Amadeus thanked you when you offered him tea then he just sat watching his apprentice with love and pride in his eyes as she explained how she used her symbols.
"The symbols themselves become a microcosms representation of the pattern affected, and as such work on the principle of above so below."
Beatrice continued as she drew up other combinations of symbols.

Adley:

He raised an eyebrow, looking a bit amused but also still focused and in a hurry. "I guess that would be accurate. I place myself into your care then," he said walking along at a fast pace. Again he kept an eye out for where he was going. At least everything seemed to be well ordered.

"Messengers, tour guides, my House do what we can...this way Sir."
The Mercere said as she hurried along the staircases and corridors, she did not speak much though and she seamed rather reserved.

"No, thank you Mrs...?" Then he nodded to her and said, "I appreciate the time I've taken from your duty, excuse me." He hurried over towards the door indicated and knocked on it.

"Taleen Spring...that is my name, Taleen Spring."
The Mercere said and seamed pleased to be asked her name but also quite surprised.
"I hope your errand go well Sir."
Taleen said before she turned to return to the Ex Miscellanea section and continue her rounds.

You knock on Ian Lochlainn's door, you hear two men who laugh from inside the room though the laughter stop when they hear knocking on the door, a few moments later a short, scrawny man with carrot red hair and freckled skin opened the door, further into the room you see another man, this one was stocker than his friend with mouse blond, shaggy hair, intense gray eyes and wearing a gray hoodie. The two men where clearly in the middle of lunch for the blond man had a sandwich with some sort of chocolate spread in his hand though he was now peering out at you wondering who the stranger was. The red haired young man, he could not be more than twenty five, at least from his appearance looks up at you surprised at the interruption of his lunch.
"Ehm...what can I do for you?"
He asked.
"Where you expecting guests Ian?"
The blond man asked and the one that was clearly Ian Lochlainn shook his head.
"No I did not."
He mutters.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:44 pm

"Taleen Spring...that is my name, Taleen Spring." The Mercere said and seamed pleased to be asked her name but also quite surprised. "I hope your errand go well Sir."

"Ms Spring." He added her to the list of people and then hurried onwards.

"Ehm...what can I do for you?" He asked. Where you expecting guests Ian?"
The blond man asked and the one that was clearly Ian Lochlainn shook his head.
"No I did not." He mutters.

"I apologise for interrupting your lunch gentlemen but I am looking for Mr Bachmeier of House Jerbiton. I was told that Ian Lochlainn might know his current whereabouts. I need to speak with him most urgently."

Last edited by s7trif3 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:57 pm

Colin stroked the bridge of his nose thoughtfully. "It's really quite peculiar... Your magic, Hermetic magic, even Technomancy like the Virtual Adepts use... in a manner, it is all the same. Arrange the assorted elements in the right configuration, and the magic works. Oh, the elements used - blood in your case, ink scribbles, chalk drawings and engravings in my case, and to an extent in the Hermetics' case, and complex segments of computer code in the Virtual Adepts' case - the elements are worlds apart, yet the process remains essentially the same."
For the briefest instant, his scars seemed to fade, almost as though viewed through a thin, chrysalis-like veil.

((OOC: Colin can has a Seeking at a not-too-distant point, perhaps? Or did his Avatar maybe just approve of his adding two and two together? Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:34 pm

Colin:

Colin stroked the bridge of his nose thoughtfully. "It's really quite peculiar... Your magic, Hermetic magic, even Technomancy like the Virtual Adepts use... in a manner, it is all the same. Arrange the assorted elements in the right configuration, and the magic works. Oh, the elements used - blood in your case, ink scribbles, chalk drawings and engravings in my case, and to an extent in the Hermetics' case, and complex segments of computer code in the Virtual Adepts' case - the elements are worlds apart, yet the process remains essentially the same."

"I think it is because all of the ones you mention tend to be based on a basic idea of energy. Some say there are five models of magick, or meta Paadigms if you will, and that all paradigms can be places into these categories or combinations of them, so all magick in the same category, in my case the Energy model will have similarities."
Beatrice explained.
"Now the reason why what I practice and what the Hermetics practice are similar is that my lineage withing the Verbena descends from a Hermetic House."
Beatrice said and Amadeus grunted at it almost like a snort. Beatrice smiles a little at that before she continues.
"And the Order of Reason that came before the Technocracy got many of their ideas from the same sources as the Order of Hermes so it is all connected in a way."
The young Verbena muttered then she looked down.
"I wanted that to be the way I could be useful to the Traditions...the study of Parradigms, of finding ways to make mages of various paths to be able to work together better...I guess that is not going to happen now..."
Beatrice muttered sadly.

For the briefest instant, his scars seemed to fade, almost as though viewed through a thin, chrysalis-like veil.

Beatrice glanced at your effect and cocked her head to the side.
"Interesting rote."
She muttered.

Adley:

"I apologise for interrupting your lunch gentlemen but I am looking for Mr Bachmeier of House Jerbiton. I was told that Ian Lochlainn might know his current whereabouts. I need to speak with him most urgently."

The blond man with the nutella sandwich put his lunch down and slowly stood, a bit apprehensive he came over to the door.
"I am Greg Bachmeier and this is Ian Lochlainn...what is it that you want from me."
The young man asks as he regarded you with his gray eyes, those eyes were similar to Beatrice's eyes in many ways, there where something dark and unspeakable in them, but at the same time they held no malice.
"Friend of yours Greg?"
Ian asked and the Jerbiton shook his head.
"No I have never seen him before."
He said before he returned his attention to you.

(OOC: We can do a Seeking and yes your Avatar do approve of Colin adding things together for himself, less work for it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top