The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Warpmind on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:46 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Ah, of course, a few base models which describe all... wait, what rote?"

((OOC: Well, lead the way, oh Avatar Mistress. Very Happy ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:52 pm

"Your appearance changed for a moment, almost as if a veil had been pulled over your face."
Beatrice said and looked puzzled.
"You did not intend to do that?"

Deep inside of you something shifted and paid attention, it seamed somewhat...pleased but said nothing, it did not feel like communicating at that time, but it's interest was stirred.

(OOC: Avatar Mistress sounds like something very kinky mages might engage in that can go horribly, horribly wrong. :O)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:57 pm

Colin raised both eyebrows and rested a few fingertips against his midsection. "That felt odd... and smug. No, I most certainly didn't do anything like that. Or at least, not consciously. Doesn't feel like the mild indigestion I get from Paradox, though, it feels... right. Like the smug satisfaction of seeing puzzle pieces fitting together, except it wasn't quite mine."

((OOC: So, if Cita Telar looks a bit fatigued at breakfast in the morning, Colin should have someone check on Jeffry Morgan? Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:11 am

"I am Greg Bachmeier and this is Ian Lochlainn...what is it that you want from me." The young man asks as he regarded you with his gray eyes, those eyes were similar to Beatrice's eyes in many ways, there where something dark and unspeakable in them, but at the same time they held no malice. "Friend of yours Greg?" Ian asked and the Jerbiton shook his head. "No I have never seen him before."

He nodded to both of them, understanding their wariness at a stranger turning up unannounced at their doorstep and looking then at the grey eyed man. He wondered if he saw something there, that darkness, because he knew what he was, or if it was some common trait amongst widderslainte. Or because he'd gotten an up close view of such. "My name is Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau. I have come on behalf of my cabalmate to request your assistance in dire matter with great urgency. It is, however, private," he said earnestly as he could. He didn't want to out him in front of the Flambeau in the event his friend didn't know what had happened to him or what he was. And anyway, if anywhere the papers he needed copied would probably be in his own apartments. "Perhaps you might understand something of the nature of my request if I mentioned Master Telar."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:50 am

Colin:

Colin raised both eyebrows and rested a few fingertips against his midsection. "That felt odd... and smug. No, I most certainly didn't do anything like that. Or at least, not consciously. Doesn't feel like the mild indigestion I get from Paradox, though, it feels... right. Like the smug satisfaction of seeing puzzle pieces fitting together, except it wasn't quite mine."

"Perhaps it was your Avatar Colin, perhaps it liked some of the conclusions you drew, I mean it would fit you if your Avatar where a bit smug."
Beatrice said with a little smile, she did not ask ho Colin's Avatar usually communicated with him, that was a private thing, but she knew that with her it felt like feelings that was not hers, deep in the core of her being.
"Perhaps the concept that it is all similar, what I do...the Hermetics...the Virtual Adepts...your own methods, perhaps that realization is a step in the right direction and your soul signaled that, not that I know, I am just guessing here."
The young Verbena suggested.
"Are you feeling...well Colin?"
She added in a concerned tone tone of voice, sometimes walking the right path could be overwhelming.

Adley:

"My name is Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau

You got a nod of recognition from Ian when you mentioned your House since you where of the same, Greg merely looked at you and let you finish what you where going to say.

I have come on behalf of my cabalmate to request your assistance in dire matter with great urgency. It is, however, private," he said earnestly as he could. He didn't want to out him in front of the Flambeau in the event his friend didn't know what had happened to him or what he was. And anyway, if anywhere the papers he needed copied would probably be in his own apartments. "Perhaps you might understand something of the nature of my request if I mentioned Master Telar."

"I see...well I owe that woman far more than my life, I will hear your request Mr Roth Hicks."
Greg said before he turned to his friend.
"I am sorry lunch will have to be cut short Ian, but I have to deal with this, tell the others I will meet up with you all around six at the usual place tonight."
Ian looked doubtful.
"Are you sure it is safe to go anywhere with this guy you do not know?"
The little war mage protested and Greg shrugged.
"No I am not sure, but I believe him when he say this is an urgent matter and that someone are in trouble, and we are in the middle of a Chantry."
The widderslainte said and the thin little Flambeau sigh.
"Very well, I will tell the others then, be safe Greg."
Greg nodded to that.
"Thank you, and the same to you Ian."
Then he picked up his half eaten lunch and went outside into the hallway with you.
"Let us go to my quarters Mr Roth Hicks."
The Jerbiton said as he begun walking, when you came to a less crowded section of hallway he asked.
"So what is it that you need my help with which are so urgent?"

(OOC: Lol yeah Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:54 am

Tane:

Wednesday afternoon:

I shall ask Mister Narim and see what he says. smiled Tane.
Well, i suppose i should go now and ask him, before going with Hildegaard. Said tane giving a hand out I hope we see around, then.

"He might be in his room and not his office today, Master Sharaya I mean, there where some trouble with Paradox last night I heard."
Adjan said before he took your hand and shook it.
"Until we meet again, do take care of yourself Mr Karyak."

Wednesday afternoon Tane's place:

Well, then, once you're restored we'll take you there. What has that mage forced you to do?

"Mostly spy for her...finding young mages for her to capture, I am sorry I never wanted to do those things...she also killed several of Gaia's children, forced me to entice them from their pack where she could get at them in manageable numbers, I will eventually pay for my crimes I know."
The Umbrood said sadly.
"That mage is a horrible woman...horrible..."

Wednesday morning:

My mother always said that it was more about the wide than the Length Said Tane laughed Some have short of thin avatars. Some just can't get it Up.

Lily giggled at that then she asked.
"So someone can be joined together though their Avatars to? You said some had twin Avatars? Is that like conjoined twins just with their souls?"
The girl asked wide eyed.
"It seams the wold is weirder than I would have ever imagined."

It's not that weird. Mine is a God, or takes that form, so it has it's own voice and sings his own songs. He has talked to others, and he has little trouble with it, but i wouldn't show him to anybody. For now it's just my brother and my Cabal or the little group i'm working with.

"A God no less, and I get a dog....hum..."
The young woman say then she smiles a little to show that she is joking.
"You have to excuse me, but this is all very strange to me."
The young woman said and she looked rather overwhelmed and confused.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:10 am

"I see...well I owe that woman far more than my life, I will hear your request Mr Roth Hicks." Greg said before he turned to his friend...

He looked a bit relieved that the man was going to hear him out and waited for his protective Flambeau friend to stop fretting after him. He didn't bother saying he meant no harm to the Jerbiton, likely he'd heard that one before. His friend could tell him or not as he saw fit when he was gone.

Then he picked up his half eaten lunch and went outside into the hallway with you. "Let us go to my quarters Mr Roth Hicks." The Jerbiton said as he begun walking, when you came to a less crowded section of hallway he asked. "So what is it that you need my help with which are so urgent?"

After so many retellings in various lengths the words were becoming emblazoned in his mind, compressing into bare necessity. He walked alongside the man back the way he'd just come. Being as they were still in public, he looked around for any guards and then started with the simplest explanation, leaving out any names. "I do not wish to speak too freely while out in public," he said in an apologetic tone. It wasn't like he could whisper and though spying wasn't allowed walking along and overhearing something was another matter. Instead he just urged them to walk a little bit -faster.-
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:58 am

He looked a bit relieved that the man was going to hear him out and waited for his protective Flambeau friend to stop fretting after him. He didn't bother saying he meant no harm to the Jerbiton, likely he'd heard that one before. His friend could tell him or not as he saw fit when he was gone.

Ian gave you a suspicious look as you left, not hostile, but cautious, he was clearly quite protective of his Cabalmate and did not like him going off with a stranger. Greg however seamed much more relaxed though he was clearly keeping his wits about him in case of trouble.

After so many retellings in various lengths the words were becoming emblazoned in his mind, compressing into bare necessity. He walked alongside the man back the way he'd just come. Being as they were still in public, he looked around for any guards and then started with the simplest explanation, leaving out any names. "I do not wish to speak too freely while out in public," he said in an apologetic tone. It wasn't like he could whisper and though spying wasn't allowed walking along and overhearing something was another matter. Instead he just urged them to walk a little bit -faster.-

"I see, very well we will wait until we reach my quarters."
Greg said and he did pick up speed and you make good time back to the Jerbiton's quarters. You see Miss Spring on the way, going about her business, delivering letters and messages, Greg smiles to the woman as he pass her.
"Good afternoon Miss Spring."
He muttered and the Red Cap nodded in return.

Soon you where by Greg's door and the Fallen mage fished out his key and unlocked his room door.
"Well...come in Mr Roth Hicks."
The Jerbiton let you into a small room, consisting of a sitting area, a kitchenette, a bed, several book cases and a door that probably led into a bathroom, the room was tidy, there where pictures on the walls, mostly landscape paintings but two black and white photos where there, one of a stern looking woman that looked like Greg, his Orphan mother perhaps, the other of a handsome gentleman that that a sauve look, perhaps the Jerbiton's mentor. By the kitchen table there was another photo, it showed Greg and Ian alongside a group of others of about the same age, the man's Cabal probably.
"So you said your friend where in trouble with the law, but your explanation where rather bare bones Mr Roth Hicks, how is it that I can help."
The widderslainte said calmly after he had closed his door behind his guest.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:52 am

Soon you where by Greg's door and the Fallen mage fished out his key and unlocked his room door. "Well...come in Mr Roth Hicks..."So you said your friend where in trouble with the law, but your explanation where rather bare bones Mr Roth Hicks, how is it that I can help."

He thanked him as he was let in and then as soon as the door was closed, turned to answer his questions. "My cabalmate currently faces being subjected to the gilgul rite unless a suitable and legal intervention stops it within I believe an hour or so." He tried to add up all the time again to keep himself on track. "We have found that the outcome of her court hearing was a harsher sentence than one that both set in precedent and resembled most her case in nature. And that is where your help comes in, Mr Bachmeier. My request is that you allow me to have a paper copy of your full court documents for the purpose of showing precedence in my cabalmate's case. I will bring them before the assembled judges and ask for them to be reviewed. With any hope they might call for a retrial or sentencing more in line with its predecessor."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:13 am

He thanked him as he was let in and then as soon as the door was closed, turned to answer his questions. "My cabalmate currently faces being subjected to the gilgul rite unless a suitable and legal intervention stops it within I believe an hour or so."

Greg turned white when you mentioned Gilgul, you see his hands turning to fists, this was a sore point but then he had been attacked by Traditionalists who had tried to perform the rite on him when he was just a child and where still healing.
"I see."
The Jerbiton muttered.

He tried to add up all the time again to keep himself on track. "We have found that the outcome of her court hearing was a harsher sentence than one that both set in precedent and resembled most her case in nature. And that is where your help comes in, Mr Bachmeier. My request is that you allow me to have a paper copy of your full court documents for the purpose of showing precedence in my cabalmate's case.

"Ah the Alexander case...I remember I wondered why she was sentenced harsher than me at the time."
Gred said and guessed the name, after all there where not that many widderslainte in the Traditions, and living on Horizon the Jerbiton had probably kept up to date on what happened with those like him.

I will bring them before the assembled judges and ask for them to be reviewed. With any hope they might call for a retrial or sentencing more in line with its predecessor."

Greg nodded he walked over to one of the paintings on the wall and moved it, behind which was a safe that he opened, making sure you did not see th combination, then he took out a small folder which he handed to you.
"I can do you one better, bring the documents, just make sure I get them back, these have the Council's signatures so you will have no problems proving their authenticity. If an Avatar hang in the balance..."
The Jerbiton sigh then he continued.
"Just make sure nothing happens to those papers as they are what I have to prove that I am allowed to be a full member of the Order of Hermes and the Traditions despite my...condition. I can get a new copy but that would take time and while I do not have those documents in my possession, I am vulnerable. Damned it, Ian would have a fit if he saw me trusting a stranger."
Greg said with a slight smile.
"Take them and save your Cabalmate..."
The widderslainte said, he seamed hesitant to give you the papers but at the same time he did want to save an Avatar.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:03 am

"Ah the Alexander case...I remember I wondered why she was sentenced harsher than me at the time." Greg said and guessed the name...

He nodded. He supposed it was not too unexpected that the man should keep up on such proceedings.

"I can do you one better, bring the documents, just make sure I get them back, these have the Council's signatures so you will have no problems proving their authenticity. If an Avatar hang in the balance..." The Jerbiton sigh then he continued..."Just make sure nothing happens to those papers as they are what I have to prove that I am allowed to be a full member of the Order of Hermes and the Traditions despite my...condition. I can get a new copy but that would take time and while I do not have those documents in my possession, I am vulnerable. Damned it, Ian would have a fit if he saw me trusting a stranger." Greg said with a slight smile. "Take them and save your Cabalmate..."

He looked surprised as the man went to fetch the documents for him and told him that he could bring the originals. "I do not wish to leave you vulnerable but you already know what is at stake. I would not consider taking them in lieu of a copy if it were not so dire. Thank you," he said sincerely as he received the folder. "They will be returned as quickly and securely as possible and do my best to keep them safe while they are in my care." No, he didn't like leaving him without his own protection, nor carrying the original documents but he didn't have much choice and it did dodge a potential problem. "I must be going. There isn't time to lose. Until then please be careful...perhaps there will be other news to tell you later."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:17 am

He looked surprised as the man went to fetch the documents for him and told him that he could bring the originals. "I do not wish to leave you vulnerable but you already know what is at stake. I would not consider taking them in lieu of a copy if it were not so dire. Thank you,"

"I would not let anyone touch those documents if there where not a great need for it, but I believe your story Mr Roth Hicks, there have been rumors that a Gilgul was planned on Earth so the news is not unexpected."
The Jerbiton said angrily.
"I will just have to make sure I am careful until the documents are returned to me."

he said sincerely as he received the folder. "They will be returned as quickly and securely as possible and do my best to keep them safe while they are in my care."

"Thank you, have them delivered back either in person or by a Mercere."
The Jerbiton instructed.

"I must be going. There isn't time to lose. Until then please be careful...perhaps there will be other news to tell you later."

"I will stay near my mentor in the meantime, one such as could end up in trouble but my teacher do offer some protection. Yes off course do go, no one deserves that ritual, help your Cabalmate."
Greg said there was a look of vulnerability in his eyes, old trauma, this talk of Gilgul had brought up memories best left forgotten and the Jerbiton turned his head away not to show his weakness to a stranger.
"Good luck Mr Roth Hicks."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:37 am

Colin smiled, "You think my Avatar should be smug, is that it? But yes, it certainly sounds like that could be the case; a bit of an epiphany leading to a deeper understanding. I feel fine, though; a bit surprised, perhaps, but fine."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:43 am

Beatrice smiles and nods.
"A smug Avatar would fit you, a smug British one, perhaps an old monarch."
The Verbena suggested.
"I am glad you feel fine though, it is common to feel a bit surprised if one suddenly have a realization, such a feeling can be a indication that a Seeking is coming soon though, so you should be aware of that."
Beatrice said as she put her empty teacup on the table.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:06 am

Colin chuckled and glanced over at Amadeus, "An old British monarch, is it? Well, family legends do suggest I'm a descendant of Morgan LeFay, who according to myth was the daughter of Duke Gorlois, as I recall... Knowing it for a fact would be nice, I suppose, but after some 1500 years, I suppose verifiable information is a bit tricky. Unless you have any suggestions in that regard, Master Nassa?"
He straightened his back a bit, "I feel fine, though. A tad queasy from a spot of Paradox I seem to have accrued earlier tonight when we encountered Miss Ceris - a lovely, if rather insane lady - but otherwise fine."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:37 pm

Colin chuckled and glanced over at Amadeus, "An old British monarch, is it? Well, family legends do suggest I'm a descendant of Morgan LeFay, who according to myth was the daughter of Duke Gorlois, as I recall... Knowing it for a fact would be nice, I suppose, but after some 1500 years, I suppose verifiable information is a bit tricky. Unless you have any suggestions in that regard, Master Nassa?"

Amadeus looked over at Colin.
"I am sorry Mr Wainwright, but 1500 years ago I was not alive, my closest life was the one I lived under the Order of Hermes as a member of House Diedne, I was born then in 896 and I died in 1007 during the Schism War, one of my shorter lives...but a bitter one."
The old Verbena muttered then he added.
"However my Tradition do speak of Merlin a powerful Celtic mage and Avalon was a real place though it have long since fallen so it is likely that the sorceress Morgana was a real person in some form or another but how many of the legends are actually true, I do not know. In 1102 an alliance of a group that would later become the Celestial Chorus, the Old Faith that was one of the groups that became the Verbena and an army of fae fought a bloody war to drive vampires out of Avalon, or what was left of it, in the end it was all for nothing to for the Order of Reason ended up with the realm, though the Verbena still have some connection to it...so to make a long story short my young Orphan friend I do not know the answer to your question, the the Gardeners, one of the, well I guess the Hermetics would call them Houses withing the Verbena, have a wast library of magickal linages, especially the old Celtic and Germanic ones, if you provide a sample of your blood I can ask one of my Hardener friends to check it against their libraries if you want to know for sure, but think about it carefully, giving your blood to a Verbena...you better be sure it is to someone you trust."
The old mage said then he gave a slight smile.
"Ah the Gardeners, they are far to concerned with lineages and blood lines for my taste, I am more concerned with what an individual have done, than what their forefathers have accomplished."

He straightened his back a bit, "I feel fine, though. A tad queasy from a spot of Paradox I seem to have accrued earlier tonight when we encountered Miss Ceris - a lovely, if rather insane lady - but otherwise fine."

"Yeah a Marauder working magick around you, will get you Paradox..."
Beatrice mutters.
"I hate dox, I always end up getting sick when the others around me just shake it off, but this Marauder...have I not heard you mention a Gloria Ceris before mentor?"
The young blood witch asked and Amadeus sigh.
"Yes you probably have Beatrice...once she was a fine Druidess, powerful, proud and beautiful, my Coven worked with her group though they where a Craft...now she is one of the Mad Ones...it is such a waste."
The old Verbena muttered and sounded almost like he felt guilty about it.
"Well in either case Mr Wainwright I can show you a ritual to make the queasiness from Paradox settle, if you study Prime that is...I doubt you have the skill needed to cleanse Paradox from your system, but settle your energies, that you might be able to pull of, if you are able to understand my Paradigm that is."
Beatrice smiles a little.
"The same method you taught me Mentor?"
Amadeus nodded.
"Yes the same one daughter."
Beatrice seamed happy about the discussion on magick, she still glanced down at her bound hand fearfully and sounds made her jump but at least for now she was relatively calm.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:58 pm

Colin listened intently as Amadeus spoke, "Yes, I rather expected that most of the central characters of the Arthurian mythos were to some extent real people - there's sufficient archaeological evidence known even to Sleepers that there were specific individuals around whom the legends were built. Taking linguistic drift into account, who knows what name Morgan LeFay actually used - but it probably sounded more Gaelic than French. As for a blood sample... I'm sure I can trust you in that regard. I'm not so sure I could trust whoever you might pass the sample on to for this analysis. It would seem far too plausible that someone might decide that - should the family legend prove true - the descendant of Morgan LeFay would be a nice puppet."
He looked over at Beatrice, "I believe you were out of it earlier because you helped save miss Ceris' life, actually? As for the settling ritual... might that be something similar to my Clearing the Ways?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:09 pm

"I would not let anyone touch those documents if there where not a great need for it, but I believe your story Mr Roth Hicks, there have been rumors that a Gilgul was planned on Earth so the news is not unexpected." The Jerbiton said angrily.

"That is fair enough. Rumors? For once they come in useful to us," he said. It wasn't every day thank the fates that such a thing was planned and this man seemed very well informed and connected in the loop.

"Thank you, have them delivered back either in person or by a Mercere."The Jerbiton instructed.

He nodded at that as that had been his plan anyway, so much as he had one.

"I will stay near my mentor in the meantime, one such as could end up in trouble but my teacher do offer some protection. Yes off course do go, no one deserves that ritual, help your Cabalmate." Greg said there was a look of vulnerability in his eyes, old trauma, this talk of Gilgul had brought up memories best left forgotten and the Jerbiton turned his head away not to show his weakness to a stranger. "Good luck Mr Roth Hicks."

"Good. And keep your Flambeau friend handy as well, if it seems sensible," he said with a slight nod. He didn't remark on the man's disposition, but instead just added, "We certainly could use some." Then he turned to leave, placing the folder in his jacket and holding it there carefully. He opened the door and gave a look around before heading back to Cita's apartment at a fair clip again, assuming he thought he had the time to make it.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:43 pm

Colin:

Colin listened intently as Amadeus spoke, "Yes, I rather expected that most of the central characters of the Arthurian mythos were to some extent real people - there's sufficient archaeological evidence known even to Sleepers that there were specific individuals around whom the legends were built.

"You will find Mr Wainwright that most myths have a core of truth to them."
Amadeus said and smiles.
"What the sleepers call myths are generally truths the Consensus no longer supports."

Taking linguistic drift into account, who knows what name Morgan LeFay actually used - but it probably sounded more Gaelic than French.

"Often the names are in even older languages, but that Morgana might have been connected to the Fae that is not unlikely as the fair folk where had a strong foothold in the British Isles before the modern era. However yes the name this woman is known by would not have been pronounced the same, it have drifted quite a bit."

As for a blood sample... I'm sure I can trust you in that regard. I'm not so sure I could trust whoever you might pass the sample on to for this analysis. It would seem far too plausible that someone might decide that - should the family legend prove true - the descendant of Morgan LeFay would be a nice puppet."

"Puppet...apprentice, breeding stalling to try to get a younger, more malleable apprentice, a very nice ritual sacrifice, whatever they could get away with. It is always wise to be weary of giving strangers any power over you my young friend."

He looked over at Beatrice, "I believe you were out of it earlier because you helped save miss Ceris' life, actually?

"Yes...but I did not know who she was at the time, just that she was a Marauder that needed saving."
Beatrice said then she stood and walked to the window and stood gazing out at the dark street outside.
"My last rote...if Adley or his mentor do not manage to produce a miracle...I guess it is not bad as last magickal acts go but..."
The young Verbena vent very silent and Amadeus stood and put his hands protectively around her.
"My sweet child, even if they are good for nothing Hermetics...they have still proven themselves to be crafty men, if there is a miracle to be found...they will find it."
Beatrice sigh and nodded though she looked quite worried, she turned to look at you.
"Colin...if Adley do not make it back in time there is something I need you to do for me...I need you to tell him that I do not blame him for not being there, that him trying to save me was worth more than comfort during the ritual. You know how he is, he will blame himself, tell him that by going to Horizon, no matter how that go, he gave me hope and that is it's own comfort."
Beatrice muttered.
"Do you want me to be there daughter?"
Amadeus asks but Beatrice sadly shook her head.
"No mentor, I...well I mean no disrespect but I fear you would kill one or more of the Spirit Masters if you saw..."
Beatrice swallowed hard.
"Them hurt me."
Amadeus sigh then he held his apprentice tighter.
"I might..."
He admitted.
"But if Mr Roth Hicks do not return from Horizon in time, I do not want you to be alone so I will try to curb my desire for revenge however would it be so bad, if one of them died that would buy you time..."
The old Verbena said and Beatrice closed her eyes.
"And cost me you pater...that is not a good trade...please do not do anything...drastic..."
Beatrice said fearfully.

As for the settling ritual... might that be something similar to my Clearing the Ways?"

The young Verbena glanced at Colin, grateful to have something to turn her thoughts to other than her impending tragedy.
"Yes quite similar in fact Colin. Remember Paradox to are an energy, your Avatar store it like it do Quintessence, so getting the energies to settle down usually remove any feeling of unease from attracting the Paradox, or in this case getting it as an unwanted gift from a Marauder...though it remains as dangerous, such a working would not remove Paradox, but could help it settle."

Adley:

"That is fair enough. Rumors? For once they come in useful to us," he said. It wasn't every day thank the fates that such a thing was planned and this man seemed very well informed and connected in the loop.

"I am a politician Mr Roth Hicks, yes I know the irony of a Fallen politician, rumors are the air a breathe."
Greg said with a bit of a smile, he did not look like a politician with his hoodie and shaggy hair, but he seamed to have a good grip about what was going on in the Traditions though.

"Good. And keep your Flambeau friend handy as well, if it seems sensible," he said with a slight nod. He didn't remark on the man's disposition, but instead just added,

"There is no need for me to tell Ian that, he have proclaimed himself the protection of my Cabal."
Greg muttered.
"And he is good at it."

"We certainly could use some." Then he turned to leave, placing the folder in his jacket and holding it there carefully. He opened the door and gave a look around before heading back to Cita's apartment at a fair clip again, assuming he thought he had the time to make it.

You do have time to make it back to the apartment but just barely. There are 40 minutes before the rite on Beatrice is set to begin, Colin might be able to buy you more time, but not allot, you can make it back to Cita's apartment in 30 minutes, giving you ten minutes to spare, thirty if the Orphan's plan works. So do you try to get back to the apartment? Or take the chance that Cita can teleport you from here?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:54 pm

//I think his goal will be at least to make it into the VA wing, since that would give Cita a better shot than if she tried to pull him out of the Hermetic section where she's never been and dumping him in her room was about at the edge of her ability. How much time would that save? He wants that ten min buffer though since he needs time to get from Cita's room and down to the ritual chamber/where the judges are and isn't relying on the extra bit of time in case it doesn't manifest. He's on the lookout for anyone or anything that might be trying to waste his time, being now rather healthily (heavily?) paranoid...

If you need some rolls:
wits+enigmas: 8,7,5,8,5 to remember the way to get back to her room
per+awareness: 10,4,9,2,9 to keep as much an observation as he can while hurrying, relying on his intuition to guide him
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:22 pm

As you quickly move towards the Virtual Adept section you notice two Security Council guards and that is bad enough as you have to make it past them, though they have not bothered you so far, there are to many new people on Horizon every day for them to question every new face, the problem however is the man they are talking to...he was of average height and well built with long lean limbs, dark green eyes and a serious, angular face, his hair was dark red and resembled glowing embers. The man, a Quaesitor by the golden scales of justice pin that kept his white shirt closed in the neck wore a elegant, 1920's pin striped suit though it was not his snappy clothes or unusual hair color that attract your attention, it is that he look exactly like Vittoria D'Angelo, the same hair color, though his was short and hers where worn in a long braid, the same dark olive eyes, the same nose, the same lips, only the factors of gender separated the two, if Vittoria Sofia D'Angelo where a man, she would look exactly like this making it more than likely that this was her twin brother Dominic.

You have spotted the red haired man before he have seen you, and off course chances are he will have no idea who you are since neither of you have laid eyes on one another before, but if his sister had spoken with him and described Beatrice's Cabal...then seeing you might raise his suspicious. Right now you are on your way down the stairs from the Hermetic section, however D'Angelo and the two Security Council members stand halfway between that staircase and the entrance to the Traditional realms, if you pass from the staircase to cross the hall and get to the second set of stairs that lead to the Virtual Adepts' quarters you will be seen.

(Yeah, while it is only NEEDED for the teleporter to know the location a spell is going well, picking someone up across the Umbra from a poorly known location is not easy, Cita is good, but she is not infallible, she might botch or fail and Adley can end up anywhere...literary. If the spell go well it will save quite a bit of time, if it go wrong however anything could happen.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:14 pm

Colin nodded, drawing up his octagram carefully to Clear the Ways, "Certainly, dear, I'll let Adley know. He's a good man, though perhaps a bit prone to self-blame. A few more years, and he might grow to learn the important distinction between owning his mistakes and letting them own him, but for now... Between him and Chief Morgan, and the little dagger of spite I've hurled Vittoria D'Angelo's way, there's yet a chance your Avatar will see another sunrise. Small, perhaps, but it's there. And should the worst come to pass, as you say, saving a life like you did is decidedly a good high point to go out on. I must admit, though, I would take some amount of smug satisfaction should my hypothesis turn out accurate and D'Angelo be immediately removed from office over an influenced Avatar before Chief Morgan or Adley returned..."

((OOC: Hm, how DID Beatrice know where Adley went off to? Colin didn't say. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:31 pm

'Dammit!' he thought. He was just too close for -that man- to stand in his way and he knew that he would, given half a reason. And if he had even a whiff of his cabal then he would, or even if he knew who his pater was. No, he would not stand for it. Before Dominic...and it -had- to be him...had a chance to see him in turn, he will retreat to the least busy area he'd just been to that won't eat up all his time. If there's a bathroom or similar room then he will duck in there, to avoid others seeing him get ported out.

He had to be willing to take risks, the documents had to get to Steelhaven and into the right hands in the fastest time possible. Doing a runner through the bottleneck at Horizon in front of D'Angelo could set off every alarm bell. 'For Beatrice and her avatar,' he thought. He smashed the phone on the nearest hard surface - the wall or floor, holding the folder to him like a lifeline and thinking of Steelhaven with the same fervor that Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz had thought of the farm. For a moment, nothing else mattered more than getting the required documents back in time to prevent Beatrice's avatar from being summarily destroyed.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:20 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, drawing up his octagram carefully to Clear the Ways, "Certainly, dear, I'll let Adley know. He's a good man, though perhaps a bit prone to self-blame. A few more years, and he might grow to learn the important distinction between owning his mistakes and letting them own him, but for now...

Beatrice nodded then she gave a faint smile.
"He is a good man...a kind man. When I met him I was terrified of him, after all the Flambeau used to kill members of House Diedne, my ancestors...I have grown up on tales of their brutality..."
The Verbena said and glanced at her mentor.
"But when I got to know him he became one of my closest friends...a man I can admire."
Beatrice did not speak of her love for Adley, that would never be, no one else needed to know, but it was clear that she was very fond of the Hermetic.

Clearing the Ways helped to settle the uneasy feeling you have been having since you got Gloria's Paradox, it works on your spiritual side as a long hot bath would for your body.

but for now... Between him and Chief Morgan, and the little dagger of spite I've hurled Vittoria D'Angelo's way, there's yet a chance your Avatar will see another sunrise. Small, perhaps, but it's there.

"I have not given up hope."
Beatrice muttered she turned back to the window and gazed out, a tear rolling down her pale cheek.
"If there where no hope I...I do not think I could bare that."
The young Verbena said softly, Amadeus gently squeezed her her shoulder but he said nothing, there was not much he could say on the matter.

And should the worst come to pass, as you say, saving a life like you did is decidedly a good high point to go out on. I must admit, though, I would take some amount of smug satisfaction should my hypothesis turn out accurate and D'Angelo be immediately removed from office over an influenced Avatar before Chief Morgan or Adley returned..."

"I think Colin that relief would be to strong an emotion should that happen that smugness just would not fit into the equation...but yes should I make it and have some time to get things into perceptive I might be able to enjoy the irony of it."
Beatrice muttered softly though she did smile, if just a little bit.

About that time there was a soft knock on the door, there where only fifteen minutes now so that was probably someone who where looking for Beatrice, trying her Cabalmates rooms to find her and tell her the Masters of Spirit was there. Beatrice knew this to for she tensed up and whimpered at the sound of the knocking...well at least when thee Masters got here you got to see if your plan to buy time at D'Angelo's expense would work.

(OOC: She heard it when Amadeus told Colin, he stood in the door not many feet from her and she do have ears. See the last post on the first page of this thread.)

Adley:

Before Dominic...and it -had- to be him...had a chance to see him in turn, he will retreat to the least busy area he'd just been to that won't eat up all his time. If there's a bathroom or similar room then he will duck in there, to avoid others seeing him get ported out.

You do find a bathroom inside the Hermetic section, a nice one with black marble titles and gold plated faucets and there is no one but you in here now.

He had to be willing to take risks, the documents had to get to Steelhaven and into the right hands in the fastest time possible. Doing a runner through the bottleneck at Horizon in front of D'Angelo could set off every alarm bell. 'For Beatrice and her avatar,' he thought. He smashed the phone on the nearest hard surface - the wall or floor, holding the folder to him like a lifeline and thinking of Steelhaven with the same fervor that Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz had thought of the farm. For a moment, nothing else mattered more than getting the required documents back in time to prevent Beatrice's avatar from being summarily destroyed.

You smash the phone on the nice, expensive tile floor...the next few second tick by like hours, and then there was a white light...or not a light more like everything became a mess, to jumbled to make out or understand.
"Close your eyes, you do not have the understanding to see this."
Came a warning from your Avatar, or it was more a feeling than words as the world spun, as space begun to merge together into one, making your head spin and hurt. Something had to be wrong when you where sent to Horizon at least there where just the vertigo and complete confusion of such a teleportation...this time it was as if the world had shattered around you, all where a cacophony of chaos.

Finally it ended, the soundless void of everything at once, as if the world had narrowed down to one point, one single point of infinite smallness, and then suddenly things where back to some semblance of normality, you where on your back, laying on something hard, and that there existed a concept of under you where a relief in itself. You still held onto the court documents though and your body at least where unharmed though your mind still swam a bit. You had once heard a young Cultist who did not study Spirit explain to his friend his experience when his opponent tossed him out into the Umbra under a duel Arcane the two of the had, the complete confusing and feeling of having a realization you where not ready for forced into your mind, having it expanded by getting a square peg through a round hole with a sledgehammer. Slowly...slowly the world comes back into focus and you definitively where not on Steelhaven, nor where you on Horizon, above you there are stars and you realize you are laying on a roof somewhere...who knows where...

(OOC: Okey then usually I do not post the rolls for NPC's but Cita's roll for her teleportation rote. One willpower spent 5,5,6,1,1,3...just be glad she have enough Quintessence that she took the diff down to 6 or that would be a solid botch.

Well anyway I would like two rolls from you please one Willpower roll to catch your bearings diff 8 and one Arete roll diff 7 since you just saw the Correspondence point and do not have any Spheres or understanding of reality to relate to that to.

Is not teleporting fun? Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:59 pm

He closed his eyes as soon as he felt the warning come and braced for something, curled around the papers as he was pulled, pushed, processed...plunged through an experience that he had no concept to understand, even worse than when the paradox spirit was messing with him and he had tried to hit it anyway. There had been SOMETHING to refer to...now there was just the sense of howling void, the feeling of everything he understood about anything dissolving into sheer disarray, like a tsunami sweeping his feet and dragging him out, no, being sucked down...or up? There was nothing to hold onto but his sense of self and his own avatar.

When he returned to...somewhere, with jarring suddenness his eyes flew open and he stared up at the stars, wide eyed, feeling his body, the papers in his hand. He took a breath..or let go of the one he had been holding. He was not dead. His fingers instinctively clutched at the rough material of the...roof? He was not in Steelhaven and desperately needed to be there NOW. But his mind was swimming around and around like water, a formless sea...around and around.

// oh for....

...at least the dice roller was nicer to me than when I rolled for Horizon. Please tell me he's not in Oz (or Kansas). Though with Cita's roll I guess we should be glad he's not on Mars or splinched >.<

WP: 9,7,0,0,6,6
Arete: 0, 7
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top