The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Lord of the Labyrinth, Sunday ritual and stopping a Gilgul IC thread 4

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:40 pm

You would call it a Lesser Jaggling, i think it's a natural spirit from the Marches.

"Hum...a nature spirit, a Jaggling well I should be able to work with that."
Cita said and nodded.
"A Jaggling should be able to understand as well they tend to take humanoid forms and while their minds are alien to us at least they generally are intelligent to understand when you are trying to help them."

He said and then listened at Cita's paradigm explanation Well, i see the world as songs. What avatars can do is resonate with the songs and change them, like an musical instrument, so i think it's different words for the same action, to take the songs and turn them in another, or change the parts we need. You might see the world as bits, i see it as notes in a music sheet. Not that it would be so easy, but maybe from the basics up they could understand each other.

"I do not see the world as music but the note sheet analogy I might be able to work with, but then perhaps you are better at working with other Paradigms than your own than I am. Technomancers then to be rather rigid in our ways, it sort of come with the territory."
The Virtual Adept said then she added.
"We will just have to see what you might be able to learn, I can not give any promises."

Tane kneeled and took Beatrice hand, caressing it and whispering to her. I have come to help you, Beatrice. I will show you your avatar so you can rest.

Beatrice's small hand was clammy to the touch her eyes, though rather glossy focused on Tane and she managed to calm down enough to weakly speak.
"Tane..."
Beatrice whimpered and she took several uneaven breaths before she managed to speak again.
"A...are you sure...it is still there I...could feel them hurting it...curring into it...they..."
The young Verbena's eyes filled with tears and she started softly sobbing.

You notice Gandjya look at Beatrice, looking past her you are pretty sure he was looking at her Avatar the soul's expression was sad, his eyes full of concern.
"We are the link between flesh and spirit and so many use the gifts we bring for destruction."
Your Avatar whisper clearly uneasy at the sight of another of it's kind in such a condition.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:05 pm

"Still I hope that is not the case, we do not need any more enemies now and we do not need another prisoner, however your guard should be up with her upbringing young Miss Larson can not be trusted."

"Oh, I never said I trusted her," he said with a sigh.

"The third rote on the bracelet? A nasty rote that, one designed to rip young Raymond's Avatar out of his body and capture it, keeping it from moving on. It is clear that Larson if she could not have the boy himself she would settle for his Avatar." The old mage said grimly.

He frowned, disturbed that such a thing was even possible. Given all that had happened over the last few days though he did not doubt that was the purpose of the rote. "I'm glad that I didn't try to destroy it before you had a look, then."

"Do you know how to sever arcane connections Adley? It is possible to do so with a Vim working."

"If it can't be unwoven, then I would say primal fires would do it. Which would pose a problem if Hannah herself was the arcane link," he said with a frown.

Colin creaked open an eye at the door, recognized Adley, and checked his watch, firing up on all cylinders again. "Ah, ready to go then? We have a little over an hour; I'd like to make a brief stop at a bookstore on the way; partly for my, hm, disguise at the cafe. Is that agreeable?"

Adley gave a little smile at him. "Sorry to have kept you. I'll just need to call Hannah at the shop before we leave to let her know where to meet me at seven. My pater is contacting the hedge wizards to give them a heads up...here, let me copy their number so that you have it as well." He took the number and copied it for Colin, and then picked Adjan's phone to call the pet shop. "I've been trying to keep my use of cell phones to a minimum especially out of the Chantry. Call me paranoid but the way things are going, it seems like they're one step ahead of us and exploiting our planning."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:06 pm

"Oh, I never said I trusted her," he said with a sigh.

"True enough, true enough you never did."
The old mage muttered.

He frowned, disturbed that such a thing was even possible. Given all that had happened over the last few days though he did not doubt that was the purpose of the rote. "I'm glad that I didn't try to destroy it before you had a look, then."

"No that might have lead to...quite an uncomfortable experience for Mr Danbrock junior."
The old Hermetic said and frowned, it was not like the Traditions would not do worse to the kid unless some political maneuvering could save him, but at least now the Nephandi would not be able to use Raymond's Avatar for whatever plan they had.

"If it can't be unwoven, then I would say primal fires would do it. Which would pose a problem if Hannah herself was the arcane link," he said with a frown.

"You can do it without harming the vessel of the connection as well. Now if I shed a lock of hair that is a arcane connection to me yes?"
Jeffry said and leaned a bit forward as he explained.
"If I burn that hair, especially if I burn it out of reality there are no longer a connection there because the vessel is no more, however I can also several the magickal ties that bind something that have once been a part of me to me through the natural laws of the universe. Look at it this way, the reason why an arcane connection work is the idea that a bit of something contain the essence of the whole, a complete tree of life can be found in each sephiroth, and a lock of hair or in this case a child, is a microcosms of the thing it was once a part of, it is the very principle that sympathetic magick work on. However this link can be disrupted and while the best thing is always to destroy the vessel itself and arcane connection can be destroyed while leaving it intact. Let me show you."
Your mentor took a pair of scissors from his desk and snipped of a lock of dark brown hair streaked in gray from his own head and put the hair on the desk.
"I know you have not worked much with arcane connections mea filius but you should be able to use ars Vim to feel a similarity in energy between me and that shed hair."
The old mage said and waited until you had done so before he continued.
"Now pay attention, I doubt I will have time to properly teach you this but the method should come in handy so we will have to to try to do it simply. Your intent should be to separate the microcosmic reality of the hair from the macrocosms of it's whole, that would be me."
Jeffry said before he serpented the lock of hair into two and put one half in front of him and begun to slowly and deliberately chant Latin while his hands formed symbols over the few strands of dark and brown hair.
"Meo nomine auctoritatis delere ac tollere putat quod inter vos."
The old mage chanted before he handed the hair back to you.
"Now examine it and you will find the spiritual link between it and me gone. The intent here are far more important than the words, the point is to no longer allowing the vessel to be a microcosmic representation of it's parent."
Jeffry said, he had always enjoyed teaching though now there was little time to instruct Adley in what he needed to know. Your mentor put the other bit of his hair on his desk before you.
"Now you try it and if you can not pull it off let me know when you have the girl, if you are able to talk her into coming in and I will take care of it, but this would be a useful ability for you to learn mea filius.

He took the number and copied it for Colin, and then picked Adjan's phone to call the pet shop.

It is Hannah herself that answer the phone this time.
"Small Paws everything you need for your pet how may I help you."
The woman say, in the background you can hear something small chittering and it sounded like if Hannah had the phone held to her hear by her shoulder while she was busy with something, perhaps cleaning out an animal's cage for you hear the sound of scrubbing.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:25 am

Colin nodded, and saved the Hedge Wizards' number on his own phone ,and pocketed the note. Then he flexed his shoulders a little and laid both hands on the wheel, waiting for Adley to finish his call.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:38 am

"You can do it without harming the vessel of the connection as well. Now if I shed a lock of hair that is a arcane connection to me yes?"Jeffry said..."Now pay attention, I doubt I will have time to properly teach you this but the method should come in handy so we will have to to try to do it simply. Your intent should be to separate the microcosmic reality of the hair from the macrocosms of it's whole, that would be me."

"Yes, which is why you're fastidious about cleaning up after a haircut. Very well, I'd rather not have to bother you if its not necessary. Though in that last instance, I am still glad that I did." Adley paid as close attention as he was able to the impromptu lesson and demonstration as he could, he recognized an impending lesson a mile off. The basis was easy to grasp, perhaps now in hindsight, disrupt the flow of the working itself at the primal level, the underpinning of the work; the concept was not different than directing vis, cycling it by pushing the forces around with words. But first you had to know it was there. It seemed much more intuitive than it had before, though...

"I know you have not worked much with arcane connections mea filius but you should be able to use ars Vim to feel a similarity in energy between me and that shed hair."

"I see..." Once he had been given leave to try to discern the connection he did so, scanning the primal signature of the hair in comparison to his pater using the method that he'd taught him when he'd first started learning ars vim. His mentor's signature was rather familiar to him so he didn't think that he would have as much problem finding it versus something he'd never encountered. Something was clicking in that hadn't before as well. He wasn't sure what it was, exactly...it just made better sense than it had theoretically or previously.

"Now pay attention, I doubt I will have time to properly teach you this but the method should come in handy so we will have to to try to do it simply. Your intent should be to separate the microcosmic reality of the hair from the macrocosms of it's whole, that would be me."

He'd been told that before recently too...macrocosm, microcosm...but that was before Worcester. He realised that he hadn't even had time to tell him about that, not that he was sure -what- he would tell his pater, as it hardly made sense to him.

"Meo nomine auctoritatis delere ac tollere putat quod inter vos." The old mage chanted before he handed the hair back to you. "Now examine it and you will find the spiritual link between it and me gone. The intent here are far more important than the words, the point is to no longer allowing the vessel to be a microcosmic representation of it's parent."

He did so in the same manner he had examined it the first time, searching for the sense of connection that had existed a moment before in the threads of prime.

Your mentor put the other bit of his hair on his desk before you. "Now you try it and if you can not pull it off let me know when you have the girl, if you are able to talk her into coming in and I will take care of it, but this would be a useful ability for you to learn mea filius."

He stood a moment gathering how he wanted to put it and digesting it into something he could use - his mentor said it didn't matter, but it did to him, it helped him focus and frame what he expected to do and happen, it was his intent. This might be important later so he'd rather use the template that he knew worked as a start just as he normally did and then boil it down into something shorter later.

"Quibus verbis ego grauioribus aduersariorum arcane nexu conperi ad radicem omnes , relicto vas totum et illaesus" (By these words do I severe the arcane connection I perceive at the root of all, leaving the vessel whole and unharmed...)

He could still sense the threads; he directed his intent through his words to rend the link between the hair and his mentor as if they were strings on a harp grasped and pulled taut, reverberating until the tension broke them. His hands followed a similar pattern to the one that he'd just been shown as he spoke if inexpertly, trying to extinguish the link between the part that was once whole.

Colin nodded, and saved the Hedge Wizards' number on his own phone ,and pocketed the note. Then he flexed his shoulders a little and laid both hands on the wheel, waiting for Adley to finish his call.

He put the batch of copies in a folder down on the floor carefully and rang up.

It is Hannah herself that answer the phone this time. "Small Paws everything you need for your pet how may I help you."

"Ah, Mrs Larson? Is this a good time to confirm?" He waited for her to agree or not and then continued, "Does seven at Lucy's Baked Delights work?" He listened closely to see if anyone else was around besides animals.

//sorry been a busy few weeks - tomorrow I might not be around until later as I have to take care of something out of town. But I will reply as I can <3

Arete rolls:
P1 5,8 (prime scan)
P2C1: (break arcane connection) - 4, 9
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:03 am

Yeah, not many people understands mine, so i have to learn to understand others. Also, i know it's hard for technomancers to make a suitable paradigm. To me they all are the same, but you'll have to make it unique so i understand why you need to keep it hard and stable. Still don't agree, but poor guys.

It's ok, it is here, we feel it. Would you like to see it? ASked Tane, although he already knew the answer. The fact that you are this hurted demonstrates he is here. Also, Gandjya sees it. Tane rubbed her hand kindly. You will heal. I will remain here while you do, ok?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:40 am

Adley:

"Yes, which is why you're fastidious about cleaning up after a haircut.

"Yes and so should you be, while not as powerful as knowing the true name of a ting, hair or blood can leave you open to an attack, you should never let anyone get their hands on any part of your body if you can avoid it."
Your mentor said as he glanced at you and nodded.

Very well, I'd rather not have to bother you if its not necessary. Though in that last instance, I am still glad that I did."

"I trust you know know when to bother me and when not to mea filius, that being said it is better that you call one time to many, than one time to few, you made the right call about young Mr Danbrock's bracelet and security is my job, I would rather have a call when it is not needed than to have to clean up the mess of not being called in when I am."
The old mage said and added a little smile.

"I see..." Once he had been given leave to try to discern the connection he did so, scanning the primal signature of the hair in comparison to his pater using the method that he'd taught him when he'd first started learning ars vim. His mentor's signature was rather familiar to him so he didn't think that he would have as much problem finding it versus something he'd never encountered. Something was clicking in that hadn't before as well. He wasn't sure what it was, exactly...it just made better sense than it had theoretically or previously.

You had worked magick with you pater countless times and had felt his vis, his essence many a time as he trained you and while it is not exactly the same you get some of that signature if you will from the little bit of coarse dark hair, you think that now, if you had not seen Jeffry sheer it from his head and you had found the hair somewhere you would be able to make a pretty good guess that it was his, as if it carried a bit of that essence in it. The feeling is fleeting and far from precise but you can feel a connection there, if faintly.

He could still sense the threads; he directed his intent through his words to rend the link between the hair and his mentor as if they were strings on a harp grasped and pulled taut, reverberating until the tension broke them. His hands followed a similar pattern to the one that he'd just been shown as he spoke if inexpertly, trying to extinguish the link between the part that was once whole.

You sense those fine lines, like if a network connect the hair and your mentor, as if on some level he and it are the same. You have heard Beatrice speak of this many times, how her symbols drawn in blood become the thing she is working on, how a symbol becomes the broken bone she is fixing, different methods but same underlaying idea and you can grasp it...and then unmake it, what have been made can be unmade, and when your working is done the feeling that the few strands of the old mage's hair was no longer him, it was no longer a lesser representation of him, it was now just dead cells arranged into strands but they where still there, undamaged and unharmed but they no longer represented Jeffry Morgan.

Your mentor look closely as you work then he nods.
"That will do."
Jeffry Morgan had never been the most generous with compliments and you would have to do far better at the rote to earn one from him, but it was as he said, it would do.
"I would recommend working this rote on Miss Larson and also examining all of her belongings before brining her here, providing she agree to come."
The old mage advised.

"Ah, Mrs Larson? Is this a good time to confirm?" He waited for her to agree or not and then continued, "Does seven at Lucy's Baked Delights work?" He listened closely to see if anyone else was around besides animals.

"Mr Roth Hicks? Yes yes this is as good a time as any I am just cleaning out the rabbits cages."
Hannah said then she listened to your question.
"Sure I know the place I think if not I can find it, I can be there at seven."
In the background you hear the manager of the store talk with a customer though they are to far from the phone for you to hear anything but the muffled sounds of conversation.

Tane:

Yeah, not many people understands mine, so i have to learn to understand others. Also, i know it's hard for technomancers to make a suitable paradigm. To me they all are the same, but you'll have to make it unique so i understand why you need to keep it hard and stable. Still don't agree, but poor guys.

"We do not make suitable Paradigms now don't we."
Cita said and could not help herself from giving a slight giggle.
"I guess it can be hard to differentiate one Paradigm that are far from your own from another, however when I once changed mine, from one Technomagickal one to another, let me say you it was not an easy task and I had to relearn much of what I know."

It's ok, it is here, we feel it. Would you like to see it? ASked Tane, although he already knew the answer.

"Yes..."
Beatrice managed to say she was still sobbing but the prospect of being given confirmation that her Avatar was alive seamed to calm her down a little.

The fact that you are this hurted demonstrates he is here.

That did not seam to convince the young Verbena, she nodded but she also knew that an amputee would feel pain in their wounds and sometimes have phantom pains, but then there was something to what the Dreamspeaker was saying, would she really hurt this much if there was nothing there to hurt?"

Also, Gandjya sees it.

"He...dos?"
Beatrice asked she groaned in pain and there was a few moments before she could continue speaking.
"Your pretty alien."
She muttered weakly.

Tane rubbed her hand kindly. You will heal. I will remain here while you do, ok?

The young blood witch looked at Tane her eyes was glossy but she managed half a smile.
"Thank you."
She muttered, at least she had people around her who cared for her.
"How can anyone...do this to someone...?"
Beatrice managed to ask.
"Know what that ritual do and still...perform it?"

(OOC: Oh do not worry about it, the reason why I am running this game as a play by post and not a chat game is so that everyone can post when they have the time. It is no problem if you have less time to post for a while no problem at all.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:16 am

Your mentor look closely as you work then he nods. "That will do." Jeffry Morgan had never been the most generous with compliments and you would have to do far better at the rote to earn one from him, but it was as he said, it would do. "I would recommend working this rote on Miss Larson and also examining all of her belongings before brining her here, providing she agree to come."

He nodded. "I will do so. Thank you," he added. "Of course, that's assuming she will come willingly. We'll just have to see." He wouldn't dare to hope.

"Mr Roth Hicks? Yes yes this is as good a time as any I am just cleaning out the rabbits cages." Hannah said then she listened to your question. "Sure I know the place I think if not I can find it, I can be there at seven."

"Very well, see you then. I'll not keep you, good-bye," he added, ready to hang up when she said goodbye.

He looked over at Colin after the call. "The bookstore you said? I'm ready when you are."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:46 am

He nodded. "I will do so. Thank you," he added. "Of course, that's assuming she will come willingly. We'll just have to see." He wouldn't dare to hope.

"Yes well we could do with something being easy for once but...well we will have to see how it go."
Jeffry said then he gave you a slight smile.
"There is always hoping. In either case is there anything else you need before you go?"
He asked and turned the conversation back to practical matters, whatever or not Miss Larson would cooperate was her will, but was better to focus on what could be done in the here and now."

"Very well, see you then. I'll not keep you, good-bye," he added, ready to hang up when she said goodbye.

"I will see you there then...goodbye Mr Roth Hicks."
Hannah said to end the conversation.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:43 am

Colin smoothly started the car and headed out of the garage, weaving it smoothly into the Boston traffic. "Oh, yes, we might want to refuel on the way, too... Shouldn't take long. So, any particular tricks up your sleeve I should be aware of? By which, of course, I mean any preparations you need to make before the meeting?"
He patted himself under his left armpit, "Also, you have your pistol, I presume?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:20 am

There are a couple of places where you can get gas along the way, off course with half a full tank and a fifteen minute drive you have plenty but you might want to have a full tank just in case. Rush hour have died down for the most part when you swing the station wagon into Boston traffic but there is still pretty busy at this time as you are sharing the road with all the stragglers that are getting home from work a little late.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:36 pm

"There is always hoping. In either case is there anything else you need before you go?" He asked and turned the conversation back to practical matters...

"No, I've got everything that I can think of; Colin is waiting in the car I should go. Thank you again, pater."

Colin smoothly started the car and headed out of the garage, weaving it smoothly into the Boston traffic. "Oh, yes, we might want to refuel on the way, too... Shouldn't take long. So, any particular tricks up your sleeve I should be aware of? By which, of course, I mean any preparations you need to make before the meeting?"

"It's probably prudent to use prime to see if there is anyone awakened and a shield in the event anyone decides that we're worth shooting or flinging fireballs at," he said, considering, as he collected up the materials at his feet again. "As for other preparations, there is a fallback position if we need one. I am thinking in the event this is an ambush, or rapidly turns into one. What about you?"

He patted himself under his left armpit, "Also, you have your pistol, I presume?"

He nodded. "Yes, Colin," he said.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:52 pm

"No, I've got everything that I can think of; Colin is waiting in the car I should go. Thank you again, pater."

"Very good, I will see you later tonight mea filius."
The old mage said as he refilled his coffee cup and found the number to the hedge wizards again and picked up his phone as you left to let them know their assistance might be required.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:54 pm

Colin shrugged, "I'm afraid beyond a little vague luck in our favour, I don't really have many tactical applications for my magic... It feels like I'm missing some component for a functional combat-oriented spell; I'd hazard a slightly deeper understanding of spatial relations or energy would do the trick for that. I'm not sure how much this makes sense to you, but it is almost like looking at a series of pictograms, where each pictogram has a distinct meaning, and I have the pictograms for 'Me', 'Luck', then there's a piece missing, and 'Miss'. A basic scan, though, that I can do."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:05 am

Adley listened as Colin tried to explain with a thoughtful look. "I might. Is it like missing the right word to make a sentence? Or when a word is on the tip of your tongue but for the life of you, you can't recall it but you know it's the one you need?" He was quiet a moment and then looked over at him. "Prime can be used to make magickal shielding. Though I don't have the expertise yet to make the full parma magicka or stronger warding, it can be used for many purposes as it underpins magickal workings and the fabric itself. Forces can also be of use for deflection or absorption, for barriers and buffers of an energetic sort. That is what I use for basic shields right now...Luck, Miss, Me," he repeated. "Me, Luck...something and Miss," he mused.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:27 am

I didn't say "Not suitable" i said "they look the same" from afar. It changes everything to accept another way to look the world, i spet you feel better now. Tane said with a smirk.

Poor god of the skies, the first time a pretty girl sees him and she calls him alien. So i suppose you're not taking him to prom night, eh? Tane said trying to joke with her to rise her spirits. That way she'd feel better more quickly.
THey are affraid, baby. They fear so they learn to be feared and hurt. The middle ages were something like that, too, if you get me. But they are affraid, and out of control.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:09 am

I didn't say "Not suitable" i said "they look the same" from afar. It changes everything to accept another way to look the world, i spet you feel better now. Tane said with a smirk.

"Yes I suppose you are right about that, it do changes everything to accept another way to look at the world, at least it did for me."
Cita said and nodded.
"Well at their core all Paradigms are working with the same things, the problem is that even if we can understand that with our minds, do not mean we can understand it deeply enough to use that understanding. Paradigms are tools, but they are tools most of us need to do what we do."

Poor god of the skies, the first time a pretty girl sees him and she calls him alien. So i suppose you're not taking him to prom night, eh? Tane said trying to joke with her to rise her spirits. That way she'd feel better more quickly.

Beatrice managed a weak smile then she cough and whimpered before she managed to speak.
"If I had the magick to do so...sure I would dance with your...alien but I do not think...anyone have danced...with an Avatar."
The young Verbena managed to say her eyes twinkling a little at the joke, but talking was dificult, focusing through the pain was difficult.

THey are affraid, baby. They fear so they learn to be feared and hurt. The middle ages were something like that, too, if you get me. But they are affraid, and out of control.

"I...it is Fallen perhaps they are...right to fear but still..we do not know...we do not know what our souls are, how can we destroy something so...mysterious...when we do not know what it are...it is like mice gnawing on...the Mona Lina...never seeing anything but...nice dry material to make nests and yet destroying a master work...in the process."
Beatrice said but then she was exhausted, the effort to speak to stay alert and focus becoming to much for her, fresh tears flowed down her cheeks and she moaned in pain again and sort of went limp with exhaustion, her eyes was still open and watching Tane but she did not manage to do more at the moment, her bound hands in his feeling like small, wounded birds in his hands.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:46 am

Colin nodded, "Quite... But I am but an Initiate of Entropy; while I can to an extent manipulate the probability of, well, probability, that alone does come up short in deflecting a deliberately aimed bullet or firebolt, or any other attack vector. Oh, I can sense when timing is off, the qualities of a material, recognize energy fluctuations, and know when someone is meddling with spatial relations, as well as being able to pick out the fundamental traces of magic itself, but I can't yet make any practical applications of those understandings... I may admittedly have been a little lax in my studies, in between work and essentially getting by."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:42 am

Adley looked at him and frowned a little. "Somehow I find it hard to believe that you were lax at anything, Colin. And...well, I am hardly in a fit position to judge," he admitted. "I had a vampire colleague and the daughter of a Nephandi in my class and was none the wiser. I nearly got killed the other day, requiring a bail out. I didn't even get back in time to..." He shook his head. "Yet I've had numerous benefits that you haven't had access to, someone to teach me magick and how to fight; I've been living in a chantry for a long while now."

He shrugged. "You made plenty of practical applications of what you know and that's been appreciated, even if it's not combat -magick,- you have experience in combat and battles. After what's happened recently, I have deeper respect for those that have to figure everything out for themselves." Then he gave him a wry look. "Besides, sometimes it's better just to shoot something if you need to, then hurl a fireball and you have proven capable of doing that when it is necessary. But when we get through this, maybe I can help you find the missing pictogram someday."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:40 am

Colin smiled, "I note that you, too, have grown quite a bit this past week. You used to, hm, backpedal a lot more when facing resistance. Now, it seems, you've broken through something of a mental barrier; you appear more able to quickly consider whether backpedaling will be beneficial before you decide whether to step back, stay or push on. That's a precious, precious thing in any fighting man, be he enlisted or an officer. I do hope, though, that you'll take a moment to look at your students with fresh eyes come Monday?"
He winked, "and probably best not to shoot or hurl fireballs at them, either."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:44 pm

He looked out the window a moment, out across the traffic as they drove. It wasn't easy talking like this but it was true and he knew it but it still stung at his remaining pride. "It's hard to know exactly when that started...I could point at my brother's death as a likely candidate, things changed for us then. Yet it matters less to know when than realise that it has hampered me. Though I've done the Gauntlet this week has been...I feel as if this has been challenging in ways that could never have been. But I am Flambeau." Then he looked at Colin, amused and shaking his head. "Yes, well. There might be times they infuriate me but I've never felt the desire to light that kind of fire in even my most wayward student."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:56 pm

As the two of you talk in the car you are nearing the first of the two gas stations between Steelhaven and the cafe, it would not matter much what place you use though the prices are about the same. As for getting Colin a book, well the shopping district around the cafe have quite a few book shops so finding one on the way should not be difficult. You estimate about a minute to the first gas station and five minutes to the next one, from there you have about three minutes give or take to the cafe but you will be better of finding a parking lot a bit away from the busy shopping district as this time a day it would be rather crowded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:46 pm

Colin nodded as he eased the car up to the first gas station, "It is a simple reason why the past week has been so radically different. I've run a Gauntlet myself, you know, back at Cranwell. Er, that's the RAF Officers' School, by the way. Though admittedly, that was a few score men with wooden sticks I had to run past, rather than an obstacle course laden with death traps and lethal spells. Still, the same principle applies, just as with written examinations, scheduled trials and various other preplanned tests you can think of; you can prepare for them, you have a basic idea of what sort of sneaky problems to expect. These are excellent for separating the coals from the diamonds, if you'll allow the simile. But a diamond, however high its quality, is a rather dull thing. Attacks from foes and directions you never knew were there, abrupt changes in the relevant politics, having to extrapolate the presence and vector of an unknown number of unknowns, all the while trying to deal with the clear and present known hostiles, preferably without making new and rightfully angry enemies at the same time... that's the sort of thing that cuts and polishes the diamond, bringing out the gleam in each facet... or shatters the whole stone altogether. It's called relevant experience; one of the few things in this universe that you never have until a few seconds after you desperately needed it."
Parking the car at the fuel pump, he smirked, "As for your wayward students, I suppose literally lighting a fire under their posteriors would be excessive, but have you considered giving them a sort of motivator? I hear tell there's some sort of swarm of spider-like spirits lounging around the Chantry these days, you might be able to persuade some of those to guide your students along the small and narrow?"
He quickly climbed out and started filling up the tank.

((OOC: I'm presuming the gas stations in Boston allow people to pump gas before asking the clerk to open up the pump, and that self-service is legal... If not, adjust for whatever legal necessities are in place. Smile ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:16 pm

You fill the tank on the car. There are three other cars at the gas station at the moments, though none of the occupants do much other than glance at you, everyone just want to get home, have some dinner and relax or perhaps get to some weekend plans, one of the cars at least have a family and several bags showed into it so it was fair to assume they where on their way to a little weekend trip. The gas pump are self service and you pay at the pump with a credit card, a efficient system that suited both the commuters and weekend travelers well.

(OOC: I have no idea, but let us assume that it is and that filling the tank of the station wagon go without a hitch.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:44 pm

I wouldn't call them tools. Htey transform us, they are part of us. We interact with them as much as they do interact with us.

Tane felt relieved seeing how she was a little better. I'll take your word. Tane said.

hush now, little one. We'll start when you're ready, but let it be for the moment.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top