The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:03 pm

(Continued from IC thread 4. Currently Adley and Colin are walking in a busy shopping district on their way to Lucy's Baked Delights to meet Hannah Larson and perhaps talk the woman into surrendering to the Traditions so her mother can not use her for her planned ritual on Sunday. Earlier in the day Tane is visiting Beatrice and have sung her wounded Avatar into manifestation. The time for Tane is about 11 in the morning while for Adley and Colin it is around 18:30)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:42 pm

Colin nodded, "The facilities at the cafe should be sufficient... You might wish to be a bit subtle, though - too many prepared defenses, and she might get spooked."

"Just something to scan for prime. Given the fact she warned me about possible unsavories though she might understand if I had more prepared but it would likely get in the way of a 'normal' meeting unfortunately." He scooped up the papers in the folder. "I'll go ahead in then, should only be a moment." He got out of the car and headed for the cafe, trusting Colin to keep an eye out in case he saw something off.

//((OOC: Uh, I thought I'd already parked before finding the bookstore...

Re: whups I must have read it wrong, then it's at the same plaza. Sorry!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:46 pm

Colin nodded as Adley vanished into the restroom, and calmly got himself a cup of tea and sat down at a table a bit to the side of and away from the entrance, and popped in the monocle for Prime to keep half an eye on the mystical world while he got started on Storm Front. Casually glancing around the cafe while turning the page, doing his best not to look like he was trying to not draw attention.

((OOC: WP, 6, 0 for the Prime Sight rote - that one should be simple enough. I'm not sure what to roll, if anything, to just sit, read and look inconspicuous. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:48 pm

Adley you get to the cafe, if you are going for the restroom to prepare you find them on the second floor, the old wood building have two floors, both strewn with tables and mis matched chairs. There are a group of teenage girls around one of the tables of the second floor who are talking and laughing, you have seen two of them around campus but they are not in your classes and you do not know them or their names. The bathroom have three stalls and three sinks for washing your hands, there is no one there at the moment so you have the room to yourself.

Colin you get into the cafe and order a cup of tea, there are a wide selection of teas to choose from, both real tea and the herbal and dried fruit concoctions often given the name. You sit down and begin to read your book. Your rote reveal little, one of the ladies buying bread might have a touch of magic in her, perhaps she is a lesser hedge wizard, is a New Ager or read Tarot cards, she is not a threat in either case, other than that there do not appear to be anything magickal here.

If none of you do anything else then Hannah Larson will arrive at the cafe five minutes to seven, the woman walks to the counter and Colin you notice that as she steps up to the counter to buy herself a cup of coffee and a piece of apple roll, she uses rummaging for money in her purse as a cover so she can quickly and discreetly from several hand signal, the symbols are similar to ones you have seen the Hermetics at the Chantry use, then she looks around, her eyes picking you out from the crowd rather quickly. If you are still keeping your rote active you will see magick around Hannah and you just have the feeling she is doing about the same as you are and scan for magick and the paranormal, in which case you will stand out nicely.

(OOC: It is all on the same plaza, I am sorry it is probably me who have described things poorly, I am very bad at describing where things are in connection to one another.)

(OOC 2: Sorry for my late reply I was out with friends playing MtG today and I might be slow tomorrow as well as I am going home to visit my mother and will be on a train all day.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:10 pm

Colin lightly sipped his (real) tea, 'noticed' Hannah a few moments after she spotted him, nodded politely in acknowledgment, and returned to his book, seemingly unconcerned. He did, after all, have the misadventures of a none-too-bright magical slugger to read.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:14 pm

Hannah looked at the door, she seamed to consider if she should leave, her eyes darted around the room, taking in the other customers and she seamed a bit nervous then she sigh and seam like she decided to stay. Miss Larson give you a slight nod in return though she give you a glance that tell you that she is suspecting you of being up to no good, then she walks off with her cake and her coffee and looks around for Adley, though her body language are tense, she is expecting trouble.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:07 am

He'll duck in the bathroom and given the option lock the entire entry door so that he can do his rote in peace. It wouldn't take long anyway and better than getting slapped with extra paradox for something simple in front of sleepers. There was a bit of echoing chanting in Latin and gesturing that his pater had taught him when he first started learning ars vis and it was done. Once finished in there with what he had to do, he will leave the restroom and check to see if Hannah is there already as he passes through the bakery. He'll get a cup of coffee from the counter and take a spot so that he can see if she comes in, or if there's anyone he should keep an eye on.

//2,8 - prime scan

No worries, Anja about the description I think I just read it wrong. Also, have a nice day with your mom and I hope you had fun at your game night. Been a busy weekend here too!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:16 am

Exactly, Cita. See? we don't think so different. Tane smiled at the thinking of the lady he was talking to. Interesting, because he was affraid the first time he saw she was a Tecjnomage.

We are not going to hurt you. We are trying to stop the guys trying to hurt you. The problem is they're much more powerful than we. I'm sorry we couldn't help you before. Said tane to the voidly thing It didn't talk, as htey have already said, but he could hear. At least he could hear well enough
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:59 am

Adley:

There is an lock on the bathroom door so you can lock it yes. Most likely anyone passing near the bathroom can hear your chanting through. You do your rote and there is a rush of sensation as your senses expand and you see the truer nature of things. No one seam to have heard you or at least no one who cares as when you leave the bathroom the teenage girls are still talking and none of them look up at you.

You make it back to the first floor and get a cup of coffee from one of the nice ladies helping customers behind the counter, there are some coffee option but nothing to fancy this place's specialty are it's baked goods not it's hot drinks. You look around and notice the same older woman who have a bit of magic in her that Colin saw, she is on her way out of the bakery with a paper bag with freshly baked bread in it, it is doubtful she is a threat and lesser hedge wizards are very common, looking around any group of people of some size where likely to produce one or two, an these people, occultists, minor psychics and others with a hint of ability did help to soften up the consensus so they where quite useful to your side of the war.

Shortly after Hannah arrives and you two see the quick hand sings she makes as she pay for the coffee and slice of apple roll and magick flare up in her, unlike the lesser hedge wizard who had a dim light shining inside Hannah Larson look like a bonfire, oh yes she is a true mage and probably someone who have some proficiency with her ars. Hannah looks around and the first one she sees are Colin and she give him a look full of suspicion and seams to consider whatever or not she should just leave, however apparently she decided to stay and looks around again until she sees you and walks over though you see she is cautious and glancing around.
"Mr Roth Hicks."
The Orphan says when she reaches you before she put her tray down on a table.
"I suspected this was not just about a linguistics assignment, and the presence of your friend sort of confirm that."
Hannah says as she glances at you.
"I am not interested in any trouble."

Tane:

Exactly, Cita. See? we don't think so different. Tane smiled at the thinking of the lady he was talking to. Interesting, because he was affraid the first time he saw she was a Tecjnomage.

"No the basic ideas are not that different Mr Karyak, the question however remains on whatever or not you will be able to understand the way I express those ideas in my magick or not, for while you sing, I program and read code and while I can understand intelligently that what we do are the same, that do not mean I can act on that in practice, but we will have to see."
Cita said with a soft smile.

We are not going to hurt you. We are trying to stop the guys trying to hurt you. The problem is they're much more powerful than we. I'm sorry we couldn't help you before. Said tane to the voidly thing It didn't talk, as htey have already said, but he could hear. At least he could hear well enough

The Avatar looked at you as you spoke but it was still afraid, and it's fear probably affected Beatrice as well, you know you are affected by the feelings of your own Avatar. Suddenly the winged old man sees Beatrice, sees her glossy, pain filled eyes and pale skin and her bound hands reaching out for it and he hisses in anger over the state of his host, you feel the creature's destructive rage at the suffering of his host, it do not attack you but it could and slowly, painfully with it's wounds it pulls away from you, mages had hurt it so badly, twice, it did not trust you or any of it's kind but you do see that it have deep caring for it's young host.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:49 am

Colin calmly finished the chapter, put the book back in the bag, and slowly finished his cup of tea, leaning back in the chair and keeping a more wary eye on the door, and keeping an ear perked in Hannah Larson's direction.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:14 pm

I sing, wich is, i reproduce the data you can put on a pentagram, and i think you can translate to that. He spected at least.

We are protecting her too. He said, looking at beatrice
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:15 pm

Yes, she was definitely a mage and one that seemed to have a Hermetic leaning. He could have kicked himself for all the good it would do. Instead he took a sip of his cup of black coffee as Hannah made her way over, looking suspicious as hell and ready to bolt.

"Mr Roth Hicks." The Orphan says when she reaches you before she put her tray down on a table. "I suspected this was not just about a linguistics assignment, and the presence of your friend sort of confirm that." Hannah says as she glances at you. "I am not interested in any trouble."

"Please, have a seat." He gestured across from him, ignoring her comment about Colin for the moment, not looking in the man. "As it happens, I'm not interested in trouble either, though it seems like it found you before I did given what you told me." He pushed the folder over towards her. "This assignment does still stand however." He waited to see if she was going to sit down and hear what he had to say.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:37 pm

Tane:

I sing, wich is, i reproduce the data you can put on a pentagram, and i think you can translate to that. He spected at least.

"There is a basic similarity between all magick, but it is difficult for me to see how your singing can change reality even if I can see that you do."
Cita said then she sigh.
"That being said Mr Karyak I have never seen anyone work with Avatars quite like you, normally it is high magick to be able to manifest an Avatar, but you seam to be able to communicate with them naturally, they respond to you."
The Technomancer said then she gave a little smile.
"You have a rare gift Tane and I would love to study how you do it."

We are protecting her too. He said, looking at beatrice

The Avatar looks at you, it seams doubtful but as you are making no threatening moves it seams to settle down a little, then slowly it draws back into the shadows and vanishes, ending the maniistation. Beatrice looks at you with tears in her eyes.
"He is alive."
The young Verbena whispered.
"Thank you Tane...thank you."
Beatrice muttered weakly, her hands becoming limp, the girl was exhausted but she seamed a bit calmer now, less hopeless.
"At least now I know that everyone was not lying to protect me, I mean I did not expect them to do so, I trust them but there was always a chance...but now I know...that he is still there...my magick is still there."
The blood witch muttered then she closed her eyes, talking and worn her out and relief helped her finally get some proper sleep.

Adley:

"Please, have a seat." He gestured across from him, ignoring her comment about Colin for the moment, not looking in the man. "As it happens, I'm not interested in trouble either, though it seems like it found you before I did given what you told me."

"I was born with trouble breathing down my neck."
Hannah muttered, she hesitated but then she did sit down though she sat in a way that would let her get up quickly and she kept alert of everything going on in the room.
"So Traditionalist I would ask what you want, but I will hazard the guess that this is about my mother and her weekend plans."

He pushed the folder over towards her. "This assignment does still stand however." He waited to see if she was going to sit down and hear what he had to say.

Hannah raised an eyebrow and took the papers.
"So there is a school assignment as well? Hum...well I could do with the extra credit..."
The Orphan said and looked at the papers.
"However I do assume they where a means to get me here, and well here I am, so say what you came to say before I leave. Like I told your friend I am no friend to my mother, I hate what she is doing and even more what she want to do to me, I do not want to have my soul corrupted, however she still is my mother, I will not betray her either."

(OOC: Ohh I found the free internet on the train I can post while traveling, how practical. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:19 pm

IF i'm not turning into a lab rat, i'm ok with it. But i think it's natural, as many things. I'm also a natural conduit for spirits of all kinds, and normally i carry a weak spot in the celosy, so i think it might have to do with that. My ancestor was son to a spirit, all in my family are a little bit closer to that. Tane said, although he didn't know, he was at least sure the answer would be, as most question, in a part of other realms.

Rest now, you need it. Tane said with a smile, and rised. Let's leave her room so she can sleep properly.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:39 pm

IF i'm not turning into a lab rat, i'm ok with it. But i think it's natural, as many things.

"Lab rat no certainly not, I would like to observe your method a few time and record the data though if you do not mind."
The Spirit Master said.
"It probably are natural for you Tane but for the rest of us well if I where to manifest an Avatar like that I would have to use all I got and I am a Master of the Art."
The Tecchnomancer said.
"Have you always been able to talk with Avatars like that?"

I'm also a natural conduit for spirits of all kinds, and normally i carry a weak spot in the celosy, so i think it might have to do with that. My ancestor was son to a spirit, all in my family are a little bit closer to that. Tane said, although he didn't know, he was at least sure the answer would be, as most question, in a part of other realms.

"Hum...I have heard of someone having been the children to spirits, though it is pretty rare."
Cita commented.
"I to have also always had an affinity with spirits, not something which was popular when I was young given that I was first trained before the Adepts left the Union."
The Master said and grinned.

Rest now, you need it. Tane said with a smile,

Beatrice was already asleep, pain and fear had worn her out and relief had finally allowed the young woman to rest. Amadeus gently wrapped the covers around Beatrice he gave you grateful look.
"Thank you Mr Karyak, I owe you one."
The old Verbena whispered as he settled down into a chair beside his apprentice's bed to watch over her as she slept.

and rised. Let's leave her room so she can sleep properly.

Cita nodded she closed the lid of her laptop, she had been monitoring your communication with the wounded Avatar.
"Yes let us go."
She said and stood she gave Beatrice a concerned look then she headed for the door.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:54 am

"I was born with trouble breathing down my neck." Hannah muttered, she hesitated but then she did sit down though she sat in a way that would let her get up quickly and she kept alert of everything going on in the room. "So Traditionalist I would ask what you want, but I will hazard the guess that this is about my mother and her weekend plans."

"It also has to do with you," he said, keeping an eye on her and her hands, her attitude. For his own part, he attempted his best to remain calm and non threatening but sincere.

Hannah raised an eyebrow and took the papers. "So there is a school assignment as well? Hum...well I could do with the extra credit..."
The Orphan said and looked at the papers. "However I do assume they where a means to get me here, and well here I am, so say what you came to say before I leave. Like I told your friend I am no friend to my mother, I hate what she is doing and even more what she want to do to me, I do not want to have my soul corrupted, however she still is my mother, I will not betray her either."

"I am not unscrupulous; I would not deny you the opportunity I offered. Others, however may see fit to do that for me," he said, spreading his hands a bit. "Perhaps a bit of a test is in order." Then he switched to Greek, figuring that fewer people would understand that language easily than English. "What I have to say is that I too wish you to be safe and free from harm. I think that we both know that however far you may run, she may follow you, send others to find you and that it is most hard to succeed alone. I would ask you to consider your own future, one that does not include running, where you may make your own life free of that influence as it seems you honestly wish nothing to do with it. One where you do not need to hide your aptitude for learning out of fear of drawing suspicion. There are things that cannot be spoken of here but you are sharp enough to understand, I believe." He drew a notebook out and a pen, slowly so she knew he wasn't drawing a weapon or had any intent to cast anything. He also kept an eye out for anyone that appeared to be following his conversation. He didn't like talking this much in the open but there wasn't much choice.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:18 am

"It also has to do with you," he said, keeping an eye on her and her hands, her attitude. For his own part, he attempted his best to remain calm and non threatening but sincere.

"Yes it dos."
Muttered Hannah, she was alert and ready to bolt out of there but she did not seam to be threatening, not yet at least."

"I am not unscrupulous; I would not deny you the opportunity I offered. Others, however may see fit to do that for me," he said, spreading his hands a bit. "Perhaps a bit of a test is in order." Then he switched to Greek, figuring that fewer people would understand that language easily than English. "What I have to say is that I too wish you to be safe and free from harm. I think that we both know that however far you may run, she may follow you, send others to find you and that it is most hard to succeed alone.

Hannah sigh she looks at you then she replied in Greek, she spoke with a strong accent, the young woman was intelligent and a decent student, she would get good grades but she was not the most talented in linguistics.
"I know she will never stop hounding me and the only reason I have not been forced back to the Labyrinth is that she have some fondness for me as her daughter, but that fondness go both ways and I know what the Traditions would do to her, and while she might deserve it, if anyone deserves such a fate it is her, I will not be a party to her capture."
The young woman said and sipped her coffee.

I would ask you to consider your own future, one that does not include running, where you may make your own life free of that influence as it seems you honestly wish nothing to do with it. One where you do not need to hide your aptitude for learning out of fear of drawing suspicion. There are things that cannot be spoken of here but you are sharp enough to understand, I believe."

"I..."
Hannah begins then she looks away.
"I am tired of running and between the Technocracy my other and the other influences of the world a mage seldom live long alone, however doing what you ask would eventually lead to questions about where my mother is, what are her strengths and weaknesses and so on, questions I can answer but that I will not, she is my mother, several members of the Labyrinth played with me as a child and bounced me on their knees, I can not betray those people, not even if I want to be free of them."

He drew a notebook out and a pen, slowly so she knew he wasn't drawing a weapon or had any intent to cast anything. He also kept an eye out for anyone that appeared to be following his conversation. He didn't like talking this much in the open but there wasn't much choice.

Hannah looked at the notepad suspiciously then she relaxed. No one seamed to pay you or Hannah much heed, the other patrons of the bakery either had their cake and coffee or bought baked goods to take home with them, very few glanced in your direction.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:16 pm

"I know she will never stop hounding me and the only reason I have not been forced back to the Labyrinth is that she have some fondness for me as her daughter, but that fondness go both ways and I know what the Traditions would do to her, and while she might deserve it, if anyone deserves such a fate it is her, I will not be a party to her capture."

"It's more than hounding, though, is it? You said there were people at your place, she wants you there this weekend. How far do you truly believe her fondness will extend, given what you know she is capable of? I am concerned for you, as well as for your Gift. Once it has been tainted, it will be so not just in this life, but the next, and the one after, the one after that...how far does your fondness for her extend, when it comes down to your own well being, your ability to live a productive and happy life and one that allows your Gift to remain as it is now?"

"I..." Hannah begins then she looks away. "I am tired of running and between the Technocracy my other and the other influences of the world a mage seldom live long alone, however doing what you ask would eventually lead to questions about where my mother is, what are her strengths and weaknesses and so on, questions I can answer but that I will not, she is my mother, several members of the Labyrinth played with me as a child and bounced me on their knees, I can not betray those people, not even if I want to be free of them."

"I am offering you a chance to escape this cycle and an opportunity to learn; they may have bounced you on their knee but we both know that you are in danger and that in the past, there has not been hesitation to use what was available to meet their ends. I do not want to see you harmed. Please consider - that which you allow, Will continue."

He took the paper and wrote in Greek: Please come with me. You will not be held responsible for your mother's actions. If you are not fallen, or widderslainte, then you may find a mentor with us or you may leave after all this is over.

// I had a different reply but the site ate it D:
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:51 pm

"It's more than hounding, though, is it? You said there were people at your place, she wants you there this weekend. How far do you truly believe her fondness will extend, given what you know she is capable of?

Hannah sip her coffee and for a little while she do not reply then she nods.
"Yeah it is more then hounding."
The Orphan said.
"And I do not know how long my mother's fondness will extend...I would not put it past her to force me though, which is why I will not be spending the weekend at my apartment, not after last time she sent her goons to talk with me."

I am concerned for you, as well as for your Gift. Once it has been tainted, it will be so not just in this life, but the next, and the one after, the one after that...how far does your fondness for her extend, when it comes down to your own well being, your ability to live a productive and happy life and one that allows your Gift to remain as it is now?"

"I know what the Caul do...I know."
Hannah muttered she looked away.
"I do not know how far my fondness for my mother go but I do know I do not want to see her...well what happens to Nephandi captured by the Traditions."

"I am offering you a chance to escape this cycle and an opportunity to learn; they may have bounced you on their knee but we both know that you are in danger and that in the past, there has not been hesitation to use what was available to meet their ends. I do not want to see you harmed. Please consider - that which you allow, Will continue."

"This would have all been easier if I had been born with a view like them, if I had been a widderslainte, but I am not and from and early age I have always seen what they do as wrong, but...they are still my family and if I leave...one thing is the fate of my mother...but there is another who need me..."
Hannah muttered she looked down at her coffee.
"And I can not just abandon him, not until I am powerful enough to destroy him and put him out of his misery."
The Orphan said in a bitter whisper.
"I am sorry, that do not make much sense to you, I was born with a twin, my mother sacrificed him right after birth, used his flesh and his Avatar to form the beginnings of the Labyrinth's Caul, and I...can feel him suffering. We where twin souls my bother and I our Avatars linked, so while I can not remember him, I know part of him is still inside of that thing and I can not. abandon him."
Hannah said sadly and put her cup down.
"And I have said to much to you already."

He took the paper and wrote in Greek: Please come with me. You will not be held responsible for your mother's actions. If you are not fallen, or widderslainte, then you may find a mentor with us or you may leave after all this is over.

Hannah looked at the paper and hesitated she seamed to want to get out from her mother's dark shadow, but at the same time she was worried for what would befall the only family she had ever known, and also if it was true that her brother's soul was the basis for the Labyrinth's Caul she was worried about leaving him alone in that place.

(OOC: Yeah the site will do that at times. I blame Paradox. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:02 pm

I mean it's natural like, you can't learn it, you simply have it or don't. I've been able to do this since i awakened, but i didn't try it with avatars until i had a good time of studying magic. Said Tane
Ah, lovely Place to awaken. She might have done terrible things then, but, wel... we all have commited our sins.

Once outside, they closed the door. Cita... who is the lady that has done this to Beatrice?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:44 pm

I mean it's natural like, you can't learn it, you simply have it or don't. I've been able to do this since i awakened, but i didn't try it with avatars until i had a good time of studying magic. Said Tane

"Hum...a gift, like what a psychic might have, most curious. I find it to more more likely it is something you do intuitively rather than something inborn but we will have to see what explanation the data support."
Cita said and smiles.
"We in the Traditions think we know everything but there is allot of magick beyond our ken, that do not mean it can not be learned if we open our eyes and see it."

Ah, lovely Place to awaken. She might have done terrible things then, but, wel... we all have commited our sins.

Cita sigh she nods.
"Yeah lovely."
She mutters and she do not look like she was enjoying the memories this brought.

Once outside, they closed the door. Cita... who is the lady that has done this to Beatrice?

"The one who set this in motion? Her name is Vittoria Sofia D'Angelo she is Boston's senior Quaesitor a powerful old Hermetic who's hatred for the Nephandi have grown into fanaticism. From what I have been told Vittoria and her twin brother Dominic was apprenticed by the same Master, but the Nephandi...they captured the twins mentor and...Gilgulled him. The D'Angelos have been obsessed with revenge ever since. I sympathize with their plight but they have done so much harm now, and not just to Beatrice."
The Virtual Adept said in a serious tone of voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:03 pm

It would be good to be able to open a window to talk to our avatars. Maybe we coud learn more and more about them from their own voices.

So they come in a couple, and the guys can gilgul someone on their own... Sounds like a bad case of Ubris and dictatorship to me. But they desist on political disposals... How weird of fanatics.

Do you have any idea if Beatrice's situation is reversible or if she'll cleanse it sometime?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:33 am

"And I do not know how long my mother's fondness will extend...I would not put it past her to force me though, which is why I will not be spending the weekend at my apartment, not after last time she sent her goons to talk with me."

"My concern is that your precaution, while sensible, will not be sufficient this time. At least not by yourself."

"I know what the Caul do...I know." Hannah muttered she looked away. "I do not know how far my fondness for my mother go but I do know I do not want to see her...well what happens to Nephandi captured by the Traditions.

"You know what you are risking."

"I am sorry, that do not make much sense to you, I was born with a twin, my mother sacrificed him right after birth, used his flesh and his Avatar to form the beginnings of the Labyrinth's Caul, and I...can feel him suffering. We where twin souls my bother and I our Avatars linked, so while I can not remember him, I know part of him is still inside of that thing and I can not. abandon him." Hannah said sadly and put her cup down. "And I have said to much to you already."

Adley listened to her; it was like hearing someone's darkest confession only it was not their sin. And it was vile, what they had done to this child. There was only one thing to do for him and that was to stop him being used. "Hannah...if you know that your mother has done this, to your own brother..." He looked pained and then started again. "If you share in his suffering, but wish to end it, then please..."

And this was when he wrote out the message to her, watching her conflict of emotions. Though there wasn't much time, he felt that if he rushed or pressured her now she would bolt, try to run away on her own and make the best she could. And then she might end up somewhere she did not want to be - whether that was the Chantry or the ritual...

"Perhaps you might not be able to do what needs to be done now, not by yourself. That is true. But if you are there Sunday, if and when they find you, if you are put through...that...him...what is left of him and his soul...Right now, you have the chance to change it."

He added to the last entreaty: Please come with me. Save yourself, what is left of your brother, and others from an even worse fate.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:28 am

Tane:

It would be good to be able to open a window to talk to our avatars. Maybe we coud learn more and more about them from their own voices.

"It would indeed be good. I only communicate with mine as glitches in my data, odd bits of code here and there, I would love to know more about him, but they tend to have all communication on their own terms."
Cita said with a little smile.

So they come in a couple, and the guys can gilgul someone on their own... Sounds like a bad case of Ubris and dictatorship to me. But they desist on political disposals... How weird of fanatics.

Yes they come in a couple, twice the fun."
Cita said with a sigh then she added.
"Well technically speaking I can Gilgul someone alone, it is just far easier am more humane, if such a thing can ever be called humane, to do so in a group. There was a group that worked on Beatrice as well, the D'Angelos only exploited the poor wording of her sentence to have it happen. But with non Traditionalist widderslainte, yes they do hunt them down and Gilgul them, they have no protection from them, not that the Traditions have not had the practice of Gilgulling widderslainte children for quite some time."
The technomancer said and she sounded like she did not like that practice, she did not like it at all.

Do you have any idea if Beatrice's situation is reversible or if she'll cleanse it sometime?

"Well...there is a limit to how much I can say about this as this woman's life is in danger but there was a widderslainte girl once, a Hermetic who managed to cleanse herself...but the D'Angelos got to her and she...well she is alive if you can call it that. We are hoping she might be able to tell us how she did it so we can help Beatrice, but I have to tell you she is in a terrible state, magi do not deal well with loosing their Avatar, it is a miracle...or a curse more likely, that she have stayed alive this long."
Cita said sadly.
"Other than that no one have ever managed to cleanse the Avatar of a Fallen."

Adley:

"My concern is that your precaution, while sensible, will not be sufficient this time. At least not by yourself."

Hannah sigh and tapped the side of her cup angrily.
"You are probably right Mr Roth Hicks, I was considering asking some vampire allies for help but Mother would probably just tear though them without mercy since they are not the oldest and most powerful among them and she is a Master of the Art."

"You know what you are risking."

"Yeah I know...I know sooner or later she will get me into that Caul...I know that."
Hannah said softly.
"Perhaps a part of me want to, perhaps a part of me think I can reach my brother that way even if I know it is foolish."

Adley listened to her; it was like hearing someone's darkest confession only it was not their sin. And it was vile, what they had done to this child. There was only one thing to do for him and that was to stop him being used. "Hannah...if you know that your mother has done this, to your own brother..." He looked pained and then started again. "If you share in his suffering, but wish to end it, then please..."

"I know he is suffering, I do not feel his pain as my own but I would prefer that to the constant knowing of how he suffers how he every second become more twisted..."
Hannah muttered and pushed her cake and coffee away she suddenly did not want any more of it.
"I...I..."

"Perhaps you might not be able to do what needs to be done now, not by yourself. That is true. But if you are there Sunday, if and when they find you, if you are put through...that...him...what is left of him and his soul...Right now, you have the chance to change it."

Hannah sigh as she read the note then she hesitated and took a pen and replied, her written Greek better than her spoken.
"I only fear that if the Labyrinth falls, my brother will be kept alive and experimented upon. All I want is to end his suffering, for him to be no more as nothing else can be done for him."
Hannah hesitated as she looked at the note, it was true, what was left of her brother was live in her, her Avatar that somehow had been born clean and uncorrupted, the second part of her brother's own soul. Finally after a long time the young woman nodded and spoke.
"Fine I will go with you but I can not promise that I will give you the information you want, I am not sure I can betray my mother no matter what she have done, but I will come with you if your people can protect me from being sent through my brother's present form and having my Avatar twisted."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:11 am

"You are probably right Mr Roth Hicks, I was considering asking some vampire allies for help but Mother would probably just tear though them without mercy since they are not the oldest and most powerful among them and she is a Master of the Art."

He raised an eyebrow at that. It certainly -seemed- like Hannah had some resources at her disposal. Mr Lenoe surely had not been in a good way from their previous attack and he was rather sure that her friends would find themselves holding the short end of a burning stick. But he did not wish to talk about night-folk so openly, so he just nodded in agreement that she would probably fry them.

"Yeah I know...I know sooner or later she will get me into that Caul...I know that." Hannah said softly. "Perhaps a part of me want to, perhaps a part of me think I can reach my brother that way even if I know it is foolish."

"I don't think you want to throw away your chance like that," he said.

"I only fear that if the Labyrinth falls, my brother will be kept alive and experimented upon. All I want is to end his suffering, for him to be no more as nothing else can be done for him."

He frowned. He did not think that would happen, not if they got to it - him, oh, that was...that change in pronouns was...but no, it was likely that he...along with the caul he had been twisted into, would be destroyed, and his suffering ended. Perhaps the Technocracy would think to carry on experimenting, or another group of Nephandi.

"I understand," he said.

"Fine I will go with you but I can not promise that I will give you the information you want, I am not sure I can betray my mother no matter what she have done, but I will come with you if your people can protect me from being sent through my brother's present form and having my Avatar twisted."

He still did not necessarily trust her, he could not afford to, and would need to check her before they went home. But he did hope that she was telling the truth; he did not want to see her put through the caul. And if it was true, what had happened to her brother...In the meantime, they would have to take what precautions they could.

"Good." He wrote out, We should leave now. He let her read the note and then put the notebook away, gestured for her to take the papers to translate towards her. He made it look like he was readying to leave, so that Colin would know what was going on.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top