The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:48 am

(OOC: No he was not, Adley was however.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:12 pm

Colin's eyes narrowed, thinking back, 'Seems the Technocracy broke him in one way, and the Nephandi in another... If we cannot help him mend, I know only one mercy. He'll not be forced to live and suffer as an example.'
Squinting sideways, he spoke, "Bastard's trying to get to me, too... Prodding at questions I've already asked myself, which I ought to have asked you, Adley... I'll get back to you in private, though. Stay resolved, it's using distractions."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:29 pm

Colin's eyes narrowed, thinking back, 'Seems the Technocracy broke him in one way, and the Nephandi in another... If we cannot help him mend, I know only one mercy. He'll not be forced to live and suffer as an example.'

The presence almost laughed or rather it was like your own mind did, like if it was to alien to really communicate directly so it used your own thoughts to do so, your own laugh.
"Now that is a neat line to make yourself feel better, but it sounds pretty rehearsed, really a mercy you would call it that? What you saw happening to your friend last night, that is a mercy? What about the state of Miss Florentine, another example of mercy, if you think that is a mercy perhaps I should leave, you are worse than the mages I usually work with. No your side is afraid of Mr Dale, what you do is for your benefit...not his but is it right? Can you live with what will happen to him, especially since it is your fault? Yes you have killed you are a soldier, but this is not killing now is it, no it is not combat it is one defenseless boy being tortured into nothingness...that might be once face to visit you at night before you go to sleep, unless you are really convinced it is a mercy in which case why should I try to corrupt you, then you are already there. Yes I do know you think of his death as the mercy but you can not ignore what comes before...or perhaps you can...you tell me?"
The voice felt like your thoughts but where directed by the presence in the Umbra.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:16 pm

Colin mentally hissed, 'The boy's death is the mercy... the death of his Avatar is... the only available option I know of right now. I don't want to see that happen, but I will unless we can reverse the damage. Now bugger off.'
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:17 pm

"How can I bugger off when all I am is the doubts in your own mind? My presence only bring them out, nothing more."
The presence said.
"And as long as I am around your doubts will grow, until they consume you but then is not perhaps that what you deserve, if that kid you captured deserve what you have bought for him, do not you deserve a bit of mental anguish for all that you have hurt."
There was a growing feeling of unease as the presence grew stronger, as if something was seeping into you, it was taking advantage of any cracks and doubts in your mind and something was seeping in...the thing was not able to fully push through the Gaultlet but it did seam to be able to affect the tree of you anyway.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:33 pm

Colin almost smiled thinly. 'Ah, so that's your game... Then I will deal with you later.'
Colin shook it off and sharpened his focus on driving, mentally blocking out all doubts and hesitation, like he was trained to do.
"Focus on the present, not the past or the future. We don't have time to be distracted by doubts and hesitation, all we have is the moment, and the fight."

((OOC: One WP, scratch, and Colin will think about this later, when we're home. Unless, of course, that thing manages to overpower him completely. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:58 pm

You feel the presence's influence weakening as you focus your mind, placing it firmly in the here and now, it was there and you can feel the dark, doubtful thoughts at the edges of your mind but for now you seam to be holding it at bay with your will, focusing on driving and how to survive this and get Hannah back to the Chantry in one piece. There was no frustration or anger from the presence, it was patient, it had no knowledge of time it would wait until you slipped up.

Hannah kept holding onto that pendant around her neck, she was clearly fighting with herself.
"It is my fault..."
She muttered then she looked at Colin.
"Y...yes..."
She muttered and closed her eyes for just one moment.
"Alright...focus on the here and now, fine...fine but when this is done...I am going to go out and get myself ridiculously drunk."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:22 pm

Colin nodded, "I'll buy the first round, if needs be, but don't think about that for now - just focus on the next few seconds, and the next few seconds after that; no concern for the night, or the next morning. They'll come, but if we lose focus, that won't matter. All that is important is right here, right now."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:40 pm

"Yeah I will hold you to that, but yeah next few seconds, good idea."
Hannah said then she hesitated for a moment before she pulled the gold chain with the locket over her head and tossed the trinket over to Colin.
"Hold onto this for me will you, right now now I think it can be to much of an anchor to the past, it is distracting."
The young woman said. Her pendant was a simple, cold plated oval locket with some flowers engraved on it, the necklace was not of the highest quality and the gold plating had begun to wear of here and there to expose the silver underneath it.
"Well then where was we, oh yes right now...yeah focus on the dark creepy forest and nothing else."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:18 pm

"No, I am not even sure if it can do that, it is to alien but it is...showing me things, twisting decisions and...trying to get to me in some way..." Hannah muttered angrily then she looked away. "It knows how to make it hurt."
The Orphan said.
"Perhaps you wanted him to die...are you sure you did not, deep down inside? You know you are your mentor's favorite, yes Jeffry Morgan care deeply for your sister but you are the jewel of his eye...where you perhaps afraid you would have to share your mentor with this upstart. Deep down inside are you sure you are not relieved that he is dead?" There was no voice...only your own thoughts but it was clear they where being lead and directed.

If he was angry before, he was furious at the emotional manipulation, at hearing his own 'voice' being used by something else to get at him. He had enough guilt about what had happened to David - yes what if he'd gone with him instead, but no, he'd wanted to go by himself - but Adley never been jealous of him (had he?) or wished him dead. Yes, it had been harder at first to get his mentor's time and input when he had a new student, but that was normal, there was nothing wrong with that...no, when David had died he'd felt sorrow and anger, not relief. Adley grimaced, his eye-teeth showing as he said, "It does."

Squinting sideways, he spoke, "Bastard's trying to get to me, too... Prodding at questions I've already asked myself, which I ought to have asked you, Adley... I'll get back to you in private, though. Stay resolved, it's using distractions."

"Yes, it is doing similar to me. I don't suppose you are versed in ars mentis, Hannah?" He wasn't going to say he wished he knew it, because the last time he had, he got what he wished for and it had been awful.

Colin: "Focus on the present, not the past or the future. We don't have time to be distracted by doubts and hesitation, all we have is the moment, and the fight."
Hannah kept holding onto that pendant around her neck, she was clearly fighting with herself. "It is my fault..." She muttered then she looked at Colin. "Y...yes..." She muttered and closed her eyes for just one moment. "Alright...focus on the here and now, fine...fine but when this is done...I am going to go out and get myself ridiculously drunk."

Adley focused on his 'job,' he had to protect them, defend them from this thing somehow, get them to the tree, hold out until the Chief got there. He was Flambeau, he was Adley and these were his own Words; he was not going to let some spirit take his own thoughts over, dammit. The feelings lingered, just as the spirit did. Once they had gotten to the car park area, he saw how dark it was outside and how much darker the forest and damp grounds appeared. Think practical. "Is there a flashlight in the glove box?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:29 pm

ANd you protected it because you didn't knew what was going to happen of they were around free. It's an outcome of fear and ignorance. You can't and shoudn't "make up for" what you did. Just try to make this present better than yesterday.

Tane raised an eyebrow. His diagnosis? A bad case of servitude and little balls. Maybe shinked by that fucking blood.

IN New Zealand there are no vampires. There are too many shapeshifters. I have no idea. He answered Got it. So, what d you feel, boy?

And you're curious about it too, right? Tane smiled to the "Alien" as beatrice said. I see he is active. He commented on the boy
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:36 pm

Colin nodded and slipped the locket into a pocket, quickly followed by his phone as he parked the car at the end of the road. "I don't know if there's a flashlight in the glove compartment, but I believe there should be one in the toolbox in the back. Pretty certain I saw the chest there before we left the Chantry. I've got a very small one on my key ring as well, though that's one of those little LED things that light up maybe three inches away."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:54 pm

Adley and Colin:

"Yes, it is doing similar to me. I don't suppose you are versed in ars mentis, Hannah?" He wasn't going to say he wished he knew it, because the last time he had, he got what he wished for and it had been awful.

"I do know it, enough to make a protection for myself...perhaps but I am not sure if I can protect others."
Hannah said, you see her eyes a fixated forward as she try to block out everything but the here and now.
"I can try but as you do not know me beyond the classroom and who my mother is I doubt you would want me to use my ars on you, especially your mind. I know at least I would not trust someone that easily."

Hannah stepped out of the car and pulled a small flashlight out of her purse.
"Which way are we going?"
The young woman said, despite her best attempt she sounded rattled at what the entity had made her feel.

You can feel the entity there, trying to get into your mind...or no that is not right, it is not getting into your mind your mind turn on itself, going to the dark places of fear, guilt and doubt that all have and it is so hard to keep from falling into that trap, the only little protection Adley had compared to Colin and Hannah was that furious Umbrood shard and his Avatar that was full of righteous anger, that rage that threatened to rob the Hermetic of control also blocked out some of the effect the spirit had on him so while doubt continued to bubble to the surface, doubts about his brother, the natural doubts anyone would have when loosing a loved one, twisted and enforced, but often those doubts where replaced by anger, this did make for a somewhat explosive cocktail though.

If anyone look for a flashlight there is a very old one, flat and made of metal in the glove box, there his however a pretty good quality one in the toolbox you can find in the trunk of the car.

Hannah turned her flashlight into the forest.
"Well I guess we should start moving West then."
She muttered.

Tane:

ANd you protected it because you didn't knew what was going to happen of they were around free. It's an outcome of fear and ignorance. You can't and shoudn't "make up for" what you did. Just try to make this present better than yesterday.

"I am still responsible for my actions, but that was then this is now. I regret what I did when I was with the union but I do not dwell on it."
Cita said as she walked.
"It is what it is, I am a Traditionalist now."

IN New Zealand there are no vampires. There are too many shapeshifters. I have no idea.

"Drinking vampire blood slowly kills a Mage's Avatar, eroding it away over years, eating it away like rust eat through metal...and even worse it addict the Avatar, making both the mage and their soul addicted to the blood..."
Cita said she gave Tane a look she would not say more right now, she did not want to frighten Tobias.
"Needless to say we have to get him off that blood now and going cold turkey well."
Well it mean the boy's Avatar would enter withdrawals soon.

Got it. So, what d you feel, boy?

Tobias shrugged.
"I don't know, like before I guess...I mean there is pain, there have been pain for a while now, and I am starting to feel a craving for Dennis'...ehm my vampire friend's blood. Mostly I am just worried about Dennis' now, and overwhelmed over the whole situation really..."
The boy said and looked down in a subservient way, he looked like a beaten dog might, he was used to being at the mercy of others, that much was clear.

"It is quite unusual though...with the amount of damage there should be more pain...I have only once seen an Avatar in worse condition and while the boy are bothered by it and are having trouble sleeping, as you can see he functions and can hold a conversation..."
Cita said in a low whisper to Tane as she opened her lap top and begun a rote with it.
"I do not understand it."

And you're curious about it too, right? Tane smiled to the "Alien" as beatrice said.

"Yes...I am curious about it, but it is ill, very ill, the creature that caused such a sickness is an abomination to the song, perhaps he do not think of himself that way, perhaps he is even kind in his own way but such a creature who's blood is such a poison to us, your friend who is one of many."
Your Avatar siad referring to Coawa, you had heard him refer to the wereshark like that before as well.
"He is right, these cursed creatures should not be, just look of what it have done to this beautiful little soul."
The God said sounded angry.
"But yes I am curious, this boy's soul is very talkative, I do not often meet one such as it, I find it interesting."

I see he is active. He commented on the boy

"Another curious thing about Tobias' Avatar, usually I see such activity in Primordials, they are always the odd ones, if you excuse the term, other essences seldom behave like this...and especially so small Avatars as this one, normally a soul of this strength would hardly communicate with it's own host, much less others, but no this one is all over the place, most curious...now Mr Karyak if you come here I will show you how I examine and Avatar, I will try to explain the rote to you and you will have to see what use you can take from that."
The Spirit Master explained, her voice taking one the tone of a lecturer, she probably had apprentices, and she sounded like she was used to teaching so she was probably a good mentor.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:57 pm

IT takes time, then? Is it reversible? Asked Tane taking mental notes.

Tobias, can you see your avatar? Something or someone we can't? It speaks to you or something? He said interested in that. It's activity should not be so surprising. It might be young, and as such, it behaves like a little kid, discovering the world with hunger of knowledge. It was clear that it needed to learn the patrons of his song to follow it, get used to talking to his avatar and explain what he could.

Everything exists for a reason. ¿Is a snake an abomination even if it's poison necrotizes an arm? ¿Or was it not the owner of the arm trying to reach the snake the one that made it attack?
Only if the vampire's hate led it to attack it would have been worth punishing, but i doubt it knew what would happen to the boy. It's Coawa's mission to kill all vampires ours is to purge the bad ones, and only them.

Ok, then. What is your rote for, specifically?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:00 pm

Colin flicked on the flashlight from the toolbox and gazed into the woods, then up at the night sky, looking for a constellation or two. "Yes, to the west... let's make haste."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:17 pm

Tane:

IT takes time, then? Is it reversible? Asked Tane taking mental notes.

"Yes as long as the Avatar do not shatter it do heal...eventually."
Cita said then she sigh.
"It will never stop craving vampire blood though, and the addiction do not stop with it's current host, it travel the cycle from host to host."
The Virtual Adept said.
"The mental slavery the vampire have over those who drink his blood will break eventually though and magick can be used to snap that bond, but the addition never leaves."
Cita said and Tobias looked up at her, he heard that at least even if the woman spoke softly.
"I am not Dennis' slave I am his friend..."
Then the boy looked down again.
"I am sorry ma'am I spoke out of turn I..."
Cita patted Tobias on the back and at first the Orphan jumped as if he feared the small woman would hit him.
"Speak as you wish Tobias at least with me and I know Mr Lenoe have not treated you as a slave, I do not doubt he is a kind soul, but the fact remains, if he ordered you to do something you could not refuse him, a chain not felt are still a chain, his will have superseded your own and that is no way for a magus...a willworker to live."
The Spirit Healer explained kindly.

Tobias, can you see your avatar? Something or someone we can't? It speaks to you or something? He said interested in that. It's activity should not be so surprising. It might be young, and as such, it behaves like a little kid, discovering the world with hunger of knowledge. It was clear that it needed to learn the patrons of his song to follow it, get used to talking to his avatar and explain what he could.

"Avatar? Ah yes Mr Roth Hicks said that is what it are called, the voice in my head. I have seen something, just in the corner of my eyes, but for the most part all it do is talk to me, but it talks allot, it is like I walk around with running commentary Sir."
Tobias said politely and tapped his head.
"It have been my friend these years since I ehm...what did he call it? Awakened..."

Everything exists for a reason. ¿Is a snake an abomination even if it's poison necrotizes an arm? ¿Or was it not the owner of the arm trying to reach the snake the one that made it attack?

"No these things are not abominations because they can harm, and kill and what they feed on, or because they can kill one such as I. They are abominations because of what they are..."
The God said then it added.
"But it is not my place to demand you share this view, I am here to guide but your life is yours to live and so are your opinions.

Only if the vampire's hate led it to attack it would have been worth punishing, but i doubt it knew what would happen to the boy. It's Coawa's mission to kill all vampires ours is to purge the bad ones, and only them.

"Very well Tane, for now, for now."
The soul said but it seamed, agitated, it clearly did not like vampires very much.

Ok, then. What is your rote for, specifically?

"Gathering data from the boy's Avatar...or in other words to see it though I see it as data on the screen. What I first have to do is find his soul, and then that point of infinity inside of it, or that is putting it simply, for me I see it like I am scanning for his Core, the basic programming of his being, the ground program that all the rest of his code are based on..."
Cita explained as her fingers elegantly danced over the keys of her computer.
"I am running a specially written program for the scan, and run the data through a translation algorithm to make into into readable code to be displayed at my monitor."

Colin:

Colin flicked on the flashlight from the toolbox and gazed into the woods, then up at the night sky, looking for a constellation or two. "Yes, to the west... let's make haste."

"If I had known I would be trekking through a fucking forest I would not have worn heels."
Hannah muttered to herself then she begun walking.
"Yeah let us go before the influence of our little first out there get even stronger."
Around the small group of mages the woods where silent, only now and again there where the sound of some animal rustling through the trees or an owl hooting. You do see the stars though, it is a bit cloudy out but not worse than that the night sky is clearly visible so finding West really is not a problem."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:52 pm

And there's nothing one can do to make it stop? It guides the host to a vampire to get the blood as it does to ascention? ASked Tane, puzzled and interesting. It clearly was something to be avoided.

So his voice is almost constant? Really interesting. Well, i got a god debating right now, but, not everytime. Never heard of an avatar that talked 24/7. What a case to study as a first lesson.

And what are they? I don't know but it would be interesting to understand.

Ah, ok. If you explain me the reason of what you're doing and what you try to accomplish i can find my own methods. In my paradigm, you're playing his song and looking the one of his little talking fella. Basicly the same i do with the smoke and light show, but without the fuss.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:09 am

"I don't know if there's a flashlight in the glove compartment, but I believe there should be one in the toolbox in the back. Pretty certain I saw the chest there before we left the Chantry. I've got a very small one on my key ring as well, though that's one of those little LED things that light up maybe three inches away.

"Take what we got. "

"I do know it, enough to make a protection for myself...perhaps but I am not sure if I can protect others." Hannah said, you see her eyes a fixated forward as she try to block out everything but the here and now. "I can try but as you do not know me beyond the classroom and who my mother is I doubt you would want me to use my ars on you, especially your mind. I know at least I would not trust someone that easily."

"I meant for yourself," he said but did not elaborate on why. Despite the fact he couldn't afford to trust her, he didn't want her falling prey to this thing either. If his own sorrows, fear, doubts, guilt and shame were bad enough, then hers would be worse, given what happened to her brother.

Hannah stepped out of the car and pulled a small flashlight out of her purse. "Which way are we going?" The young woman said, despite her best attempt she sounded rattled at what the entity had made her feel.

He fetched the flashlight from the glovebox and held it in his off hand, setting himself to the task of finding the tree again, casting about for the prime signature that he had sensed before. He muttered to himself in irritated Latin that proved some words had remained nearly unchanged as another doubt wormed its way in, striking out like an arrow towards the wood, the visage of the language professor from Boston University fading as what he really was came burning to the surface. Every step was one where he tried to keep himself on-task, trying to monitor the clamoring inside of him, his own thoughts, those of his avatar, the feelings from the Umbrood and that -thing- that he wanted to KILLburndestroyPURGE...protect them from.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:00 am

Tane:

And there's nothing one can do to make it stop? It guides the host to a vampire to get the blood as it does to ascention? ASked Tane, puzzled and interesting. It clearly was something to be avoided.

"I do not know of any way to stop it, that off course do not mean such a way do not exist, it very well might, but however yes once an Avatar have become addicted to vampire blood, it will be like and old addict so while it might not lead the host towards it, in fact it might try to avoid it, once an Avatar have tasted such a foul substance, it will aways desire it, and even our souls might falter in their will, just as there is always a danger a former alcoholic or drug addict might start using again, that desire to will always be with such an Avatar."
Cita explained.
"That is why these creatures are such a danger to us and they do not even know it, heaven help us if they ever realized it on a massive scale and started using it against us."

So his voice is almost constant? Really interesting. Well, i got a god debating right now, but, not everytime. Never heard of an avatar that talked 24/7. What a case to study as a first lesson.

"Well i guess it have to shut up some time...?"
Cita said and looked at Tobias who nodded.
"Yeah but it do say whatever it is he want to say and he want to say something rather often."
The boy added and Cita nodded.
"So rather talkative indeed, and yes most interesting."

Ah, ok. If you explain me the reason of what you're doing and what you try to accomplish i can find my own methods. In my paradigm, you're playing his song and looking the one of his little talking fella. Basicly the same i do with the smoke and light show, but without the fuss.

"Yes that is what is am doing in essence Mr Karyak."
Cita said as she worked.
"The difference is that I can store the information I get and while your song bring out an Avatar on it's own terms into manifestation I just observe it and I can do so without it's consent."
The Virtual Adept explained.

Adley and Colin:

"I meant for yourself," he said but did not elaborate on why. Despite the fact he couldn't afford to trust her, he didn't want her falling prey to this thing either. If his own sorrows, fear, doubts, guilt and shame were bad enough, then hers would be worse, given what happened to her brother.

"I can protect my own mind, and I set up such a protection this morning, it is part of my daily routine but this bastard is cutting right though that. I can try to set up something stronger but I can not work such magick and walk in heels in a bloody forest in the dark at the same time so doing so would delay us."
Hannah explained.

It is not easy to walk through a dark forest at night with only a few flashlights and it is not like the Verbena choose the most accessible place for their Life Tree, it is even harder to walk through a dark forest at night when an eldritch abomination are following you trying to mess with your minds, or rather when it's very presence make your own minds mess with themselves. It is a constant struggle to keep your minds off the darker thoughts that bubble to the surface, thoughts of doubt and pain for every decision you have ever made, focusing on the here and now helped but the thoughts still lingered and bubbled to the surface. If you stayed in this influence for long none of you have any doubt it will destroy you, slowly turn your minds into a mass of pain and self hate. Finally though you come upon the Verbena's ritual grounds.

Suddenly the dense forest open up to show a little green glade, in the middle of the glade stood a massive willow with it's autumn yellow leaves spilling from it's branches like long ropes of gold. The trunk of the tree was stained a dark, rusty red and the tree shone with an image of health and vitality, except for one branch, one of the beautiful tree's breaches where withered and had lost almost all of it's strings of golden leaves. The glade had a revitalizing feeling, it felt alive and full of energy and stepping into this heavily resonated area made you feel like you had a good meal and a long hot bath and a few hours rest. You can imagine the Verbena dancing here, working magick here and the place just felt so alive. As you step into the glade suddenly the oppressing feeling from the entity following you died down to a mere murmur, the unnatural thing could not well stand the very dynamic, life filled Resonance of this area, that and there probably was protective magick woven over this place. The thing that should not be would not give up though it would hammer on the door until it gets in, but for now you have a respite.

Hannah sinks down on her knees once you are all inside of the glade, that creature following you have affected her badly it seams and this respite was most welcome for her.
"Shit..."
Was all she managed to say.
"It was probably Diego that sent this thing, he is one of those that followed us, the only one of them who deal in this kind of magick, and I am going to strangle the little prick when I see him next he is fucking dead!"
The Orphan declared and tightened the grip on her purse as if she was planning to bludgeon this Diego to death with it.

(OOC: Ok can both of you give me a Willower roll diff 8 for Colin but since Adley's Avatar and house guest are so ticked of his difficulty is 6, the negative emotions are there for him to but the rage overwhelm most of what he is feeling at the moment. You want to get three successes, anything less that three you can scratch from your temporary Willpower points due to the mental strain of the things influence as you walk towards the glade. Once you get inside the glade though the influence stops for the most part, but that do off course not mean the negative emotions and thoughts stirred up suddenly vanish as it is your own thoughts, just amplified.

Aldey I would also like either a straight up Willpower roll from you to control the rage you feel from your two spiritual friends, or a Intelligence plus Avatar roll to be able to separate it's emotions from your own. You decide depending on how Adley want to deal with it, if he just try to control himself then roll will, if he instead try to keep his feelings and wants separate from the Avatar and the Umbrood then roll the other option. In either case he will need to succeed to keep in control.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:18 am

I don't need the fire and smoke to read the songs but i gues the registers can be good. Or bad.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:51 am

"I can protect my own mind, and I set up such a protection this morning, it is part of my daily routine but this bastard is cutting right though that. I can try to set up something stronger but I can not work such magick and walk in heels in a bloody forest in the dark at the same time so doing so would delay us."

"Got it," he said was all he said in return. No, he didn't look like he was going to stop now and he didn't lecture her on wearing good shoes for running away. He was busy not stepping in mud, tripping on branches, or losing the trace with the clamor inside of him. It was getting worse. It had started with his brother (and those did not stop). Then it had gone from there into every other mistake he had made. It was all too easy to do - he remembered and accounted, tried to learn too but did not forgive himself easily either. So many. How much he hated the fact he'd gotten there too late to save Beatrice, how he'd even failed to learn from his own brother's mistake and nearly gotten killed by the 'crats. How he'd failed to protect them. That his best had not been good enough. That he had not even done his best. He could have done better. He should have done better. He needed to do better...The anger at himself though was still less than the inferno that wanted to take a go at the spirit, and so he kept putting one foot in front of the other. A stream of invectives in a variety of languages accompanied particularly dark thoughts as he trudged along in the dark. With a rough shake of his head, he talked to himself with growing restlessness, arguing with himself...he was the light in the darkness...and he had just about had enough of this thing fucking with his head!

By the time he got to the tree he could have kissed the ground that they walked onto but at the same time....he wanted to turn on the thing and kill it (could he kill it?). Destroy it (was he powerful enough to do that? He couldn't protect them from this infiltration, so how could he?). The urge was so strong...once the pressure of his twisted thoughts had drained somewhat from of his mind there was more space for the burning fury...he stood there with obvious signs of exertion on his face, jaw tight and clutching at his weapon and the flashlight as if he was about to attack -something-...sweat trickling down the sides of his face and the back of his head. He was breathing as if he'd been running for an hour, and he had been running, from the dark parts of himself. Running and confronting, like looking back over his shoulder to find nothing there but ready to attack it the second he saw it (he hadn't seen it, not really and he was glad - it scaredinfuriated him.)

Nothing (but himself, his own thoughts...but not...his thoughts...and the dark)

"Shit..." Was all she managed to say. "It was probably Diego that sent this thing, he is one of those that followed us, the only one of them who deal in this kind of magick, and I am going to strangle the little prick when I see him next he is fucking dead!"

Focus. He had to focus. Remain in control. He swallowed, feeling as if his whole body was on fire from the inside out. He scrubbed the hand with the flashlight across his face and took a deep breath of the cool air, pacing like a tiger as he fought for control over himself.

// WP roll: 6,1,3,4,1,6 (scratch one temp WP)
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:44 am

Adley:

You do manage to calm yourself enough to separate your feelings from that of your Avatar, and that helps, it helps allot. You are still angry but you are no longer on the verge of loosing control. It do not make it exactly easy, an Avatar and it's host are not fully two entities, they are one for the duration of that lifetime, so part of it's rage was yours, just as had you been born with another soul living inside then you would have been a different person, but still you and your Avatar also had separate minds and you think you can now use your soul's burning need to destroy that thing, it and the shards righteous anger and channel it into something constructive without loosing track of yourself, at least here in the stillness of the glade, for however long that stillness will last.

Hannah was clearly still struggling to get her own dark thoughts under control, that the influence of the entity had lessened did not remove them as it had not created them, it might not even be fully aware of it's effect, in a way it was just the same like this tree and the glade around it that made those that entered feel at ease and rested, that entity just created darkness, wherever it went.
"I wonder if this is part of what those who enter a Caul feel, their own minds and thoughts twisted and darkened...only in that realm time extents so they suffer through it for a thousand years."
Hannah muttered as she slowly stood, wiping tears from her face trying to regain some dignity.
"So this is where the Verbena meet eh..."
The young woman muttered and looked around.
"Three guesses as how the trunk of that tree got that color."
Hannah said and shone her light on the Life Tree, she seamed to just look for something to say to not think about the guild and emotions the entity following you had stirred up.
"So what do we do now?"

Tane:

"Well recording my findings are useful for me, especially when dealing with patients that need more than one treatment, and also for research purposes..."
Cita said then she added.
"But I guess to someone who are not a technomancer it is hard to imagine reading information about an Avatar on a screen, in many ways your methods are more beautiful."
She said then she looked at the screen of her lap top for a moment then she smiles.
"Good good the treatments are working, I see a slight strengthening in the boy's Avatar. I generally prescribe careful infusions of diluted Quintessence right into the Avatar itself with a few hours internals for wounded Avatars...or in this case sick ones, how diluted depends on how badly of they are, this helps strengthening them. Right now our goal is to get Tobias both body and soul in as good a condition as possible before the withdrawal starts..."
Cita said and the smile vanished from her face.
"And hope they pull through."
She added in a whisper.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:00 am

((OOC: Oh, bugger... 3, 6, 7, 8, 9 - there goes my last Willpower point... O.o ))

Colin gripped the half-real knife harder as he trudged, knuckles whitening around the flashlight, and the blade held in a reverse grip, as though for parrying. And he walked in silence, shutting away one memory after another almost to the point where he was half animal instinct, half precisely programmed automaton. For a moment, he thought to himself, 'This is unhealthy; all those thoughts and feelings are going to hit me like a train later...' and then that thought, too, was locked away for now.

Once they reached the tree, Colin stumbled toward the trunk and leaned against it, somehow instinctively resting under the withered branch and breathing nearly unnaturally evenly.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:43 am

The Verbena's tree felt slightly rough as you rested against it, and the ground is cold under your feet, you feel just mentally drained, you are not sure you can muster up the mental strength to use magick, or stand for that matter. You feel slightly better resting against that magickal tree though, you can feel the presence of Quintessence and there was a calming sensation but still you are so tired, only instinct alone allow you to function for a bit longer for you feel about as motivated as Miss Florentine at the moment, your mind cry out for rest and the dark shadows of the emotions the presence following your group have stirred up still loom over you. Right now all you have is your training, there is nothing more, your training that allowed you to continue even after all your resources was spent for if you did not, you and your men would die.

Hannah glanced over at Colin.
"Are you alright?"
The young Orphan asked in a concerned tone of voice.

(OOC: Well my my bedtime for Colin as soon as they get out of the situation that make him run on adrenaline alone.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:59 am

Colin groaned softly, "I... don't have the ability to magically shield my mind; all I have is a certain tenacity and discipline. I can keep going a little longer, but once things calm down... Adley will have to drive back."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top