The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:24 am

You do manage to get some fairly good pictures of the three Nephandi, there is a tall, dark haired man with what look like fair eyes from a distance, gray or green, a smaller, slightly pudgy gentleman with orange hair and brown eyes and a dark skinned man with acne problems. All of them where dressed in plain jeans and tshirts of dark colors. You get a reply from Narim.
"On it I am telling Chief Morgan now do you want me to see what I can dig up on these guys as well Colin? It is hard to get you out of there right now with that many sleepers around, so I can only do that in an emergency but I will see what I can do in more subtle ways to help you out."
The message said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:05 pm

Colin looked at the message and tapped back, "Info always useful. Interference, not extraction; distractions might help - maybe a transformer explosion?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:40 pm

"Now that I can do."
You get a quick reply back, then there did not go thirty seconds before there was a loud bang and sparks flew out of some sort of electrical device on the wall of one of the buildings, several of the shops went dark and the crowd got somewhat agitated both wanting to get away from potential danger and and the same time wanting to see what was going on. The three Nephandi glanced in that direction but if any it did not buy you allot of time, the street was considerably danker now though, at 7:20 full dark had set in an hour ago and with only one side of the street having any light as all the plaza had grown rather dark, it would be far easier now for the three men to loose track of your position and loose you in the nervous crowd.
"Interesting, did you arrange for that?"
Hannah asks and raises an eyebrow.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:13 pm

Colin smiled enigmatically, and gave Adley and Hannah a gentle nudge, "I hardly have the power to cause something like that, but any distraction is welcome. Quick, heads down and make a break for it. With luck, the confusion and the darkness will be enough."

((Presumably, a Dex + Stealth roll is appropriate now? 5, 8, 8, 9.)
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:16 pm

Hannah nodded she glanced back then she followed Colin trying her best not to be seen and get lost in the crowd where hopefully the three Nephandi would not be able to follow them.

(OOC: Yeah good roll I will wait for Strife to post before doing much more though so he get a chance to get a action in for Adley as well.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:52 pm

COnsider it, it's the only thing i ask. Tane said gratefully.
We'll see, we'll see. Ok, is there anything else i can do for you? I should be doing some things, and i'm going to return after a time when i'm done with it.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:46 pm

"Well if I could get some more information on the method of the werecreatures, either from you or from someone else who knows about it. I can not consider whatever or not such a method would work on a mage and what effect it would have on a mage before I know the details."
Cita said then she nodded.
"No I am good, I am going to check on my other patient the boy I told you about who have been poisoned by vampire blood, if you want to observe my methods then you are welcome to come with me Mr Kayak as long as the boy himself have nothing against it, if not then I will see you later."
The Spirit Master said with a smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:40 pm

Adley had fallen conspicuously quiet, listening as Colin did something with his phone but didn't know what he was up to exactly. However the effect soon became apparent; only that seconds later the transformer on the street blew and the area was plunged into darkness and some confusion, a good and commendable distraction as any could come. Not wishing to rouse the Nephandi with a flare of a working and give away their position (unless he thought they couldn't make it without further action or decoy them on purpose), he followed the direction to make a break for it. He tried to keep Hannah close, ready to cast a spontaneous spell, alert for the prickle of magick from their adversaries.

// On a flat Attribute Dex roll I got an 8,0,4 since he doesn't have subterfuge or sneaky talents - again, sorry for the delay. I work by contracts so some weeks are just busier than others!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:54 pm

Adley, Colin and Hannah hurry towards the car, in the sudden darkness and the confusion of the suddenly scared crowd it was not that easy to maneuver but it seamed like Colin lead the way surly. Hannah stayed close to the two Traditionalists. You reach the car before Adley feel magick, though it is not clear what that magick is meant to do, it could be the Fallen had given up finding the group of magi by just looking though the crows and had decided to use their willworking to help them, but it was hard to be sure.
"I suggest that we get out of here as soon as possible gentlemen."
Hannah muttered she to seamed to sense the slight, delicate scent of magick for she glanced up and looked toward the shopping district again.
"If we have thrown them of our trail that will not last long."
The young Orphan muttered.

The three of you can now see your car, it is within reach, Narim's little distraction had helped, now the question was just if the Nephandi would find you before you could get out of there.

(OOC: No need to apologize I have been busy today myself as my mother's birthday party have been today. Also like I have said a play by post is meant to be a place when you can post when you can and do not worry about it when you can not.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:32 pm

Colin quickly unlocked the car and jumped in behind the wheel, "Alright, you two, buckle up and start praying; I don't know how smooth this will be. The last car chase I was in was involved a strafing run by an angry Marauder; that was more than unpleasant enough for a few months."
As soon as the others were in their seats, he peeled out of the parking lot, barely sparing the time to look in the mirror. "Adley, can you check for hastily placed tracking spells, and if there are any, disrupt them?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:37 am

"Yeah for growing up in a Labyrinth have given such a nice selection of Gods to pray to."
Hannah said as she got into the back seat and fastening her seatbelt.
"Marauders are unpleasant indeed, especially when they are angry, what did you do to piss him off?"
The young woman asked. As the car begins to rather quickly move out of the parking lot.

(Whatever or not Adley do as Colin asks I would like a Perception plus Awareness from both of you, if Adley is checking for rotes then he can do a regular Arete roll as well."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:40 am

As soon as the others were in their seats, he peeled out of the parking lot, barely sparing the time to look in the mirror. "Adley, can you check for hastily placed tracking spells, and if there are any, disrupt them?"

He got into the backseat of the car with Hannah and put the belt on. "Yes; I'll have to check you, Mrs Larson as well," he added so she knew what to expect and then went straight to work, drawing on the rote that he'd just learned. He began chanting in Latin and motioning his hands, looking for the warp and weft of magick.

// Arete: 9,6 on the Prime rote
Perc + Awareness: 9,3,9,4,4
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:20 am

Hannah looked at Adley for a moment then she nodded.
"Very well Mr Roth Hicks."
She said agreeing to him examining her for magick.
"I do have some protective rotes I myself have placed on my person though so chances are you will detect those."
The Orphan said her eyes showing that while she agreed to this she did not trust Adley.

You do feel magick, one rote coming from behind the car, this magick feel wrong as if it do not bend reality like you are used to but do something else, it feels foul like picking a berry and biting into it expecting sweetness only to discover a slimy slug sitting on it and tasting it's foul bile instead, the feeling reminds you of what you felt at the villa, Qliphotic magick, the Nephandi was doing something. In addition to this you feel two rotes on Hannah both of them appear to be Prime based and would fit with her explanation of them being protective rotes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:34 am

Colin grunted, "Fair point, forget about the prayers. And I did nothing to anger the Marauder; it was all your lovely mother's doing, assaulting the little group of Marauders in the umbra and telling the strongest of them that we did it. I'm still rather upset I was forced to shoot the noble old lady. Oh, she lives yet, and is quite understanding now that a few details have been set straight, but her family is still gone, and... wait, bugger, are they...?"

((OOC: 1, 7, 0 on the Perception+Awareness roll. I really should put a dot or two in Awareness eventually. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:04 am

"Ah yes she did say something about some Marauders...wonderful my mother do get around it seams."
Hannah said and sigh as if you where talking about an old aunt who where a bit to fond of the bottle.
"I know my mother is keeping a insane prisoner, a woman, other than that I have not seen any Marauders around the calls of the Labyrinth, my guess would be that if Mother attached them then the Marauders are dead but I just do not know."
The Orphan said and glanced out the window.
"Shit, it always amaze me just fucked up my family are, I can really imagine how Luke Skywalker must have felt."
Hannah grumbled though she added a bit of a grin.
"If my mother attacked a group of Marauders though I am glad not all of them are dead. Mother really do not care who she hurt as long as she gets what she wants, or scratch that she consider hurting people to be side perk of getting what she wants.

Colin you to feel something wrong, magick yes certainly but...wrong in a way, that and the magick Adley is doing and the spells Hannah have set up on her person, you get a feeling that the Nephandi are doing something but you do not know what.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:39 pm

Colin frowned, "I'm not entirely sure what they're up to, and I'd rather not find out... Hold on to something. This is not a helicopter, but I'll see what I can do."
Colin started a bit of autobatics, trying to quickly weave the car through traffic and away from line of sight, around a corner and away without hitting anyone or anything on the way.

((OOC: Dexterity + Drive, I presume? 3, 8, 8, 9. Primary concern is not causing traffic accidents in the process, secondary is getting the hell out of Dodge.)
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:24 pm

You hit the gas pedal and the old car screech into motion, it was not made for this kind of driving though and is far past it's prime even if it have been well kept and handling it is not easy but you do not cause any accidents and you do manage to speed away from the parking lot and move the car in between traffic to get away as quickly as possible, this earns you some angry honks from other drivers though but you do not cause a traffic accident. The uneasy feeling you have of something being wrong do not go away however, no matter how fast you drive it seam to cling to the air as if something is still here, still affecting the station wagon, a feeling of something rotten as if some unknown horror is waiting for you just beyond your sight.
"So your grand plan is to get us all killed is it Mr Wainwright."
Hannah said and she sounded a bit nervous.
"Because if you continue driving like that I am pretty sure sooner or later we will crash!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:30 pm

Colin grimaced and slowed down to regular driving a few blocks away, "No, it seems whatever they're trying does not require line of sight after all - or they have some manner of mobile surveillance. Whatever it is is still there, I don't think I can shake it."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:17 pm

"That is not good news."
Hannah says and looks nervous.
"I do feel the presence of Qliphotic, at least that is what I think it is, I mean it feel like the magick I am used to sensing the members of the Labyrinth using. It could be the presence of some entity or spirit I am feeling though and if so we need to find out what it is for then it can decide to act at about any time."
The Orphan said she seamed apprehensive and glanced out the window.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:32 pm

Colin blinked, "Shit, they used some sort of parasite-ridden spirit to follow us at the airport the other day. They're probably using the same trick again. Last time, Tane managed to cut the abused spirit free, or something like that... Adley, can you pull off something similar?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:51 pm

"Hum...parasite ridden spirit, yeah that could be it or just a corrupted one."
Hannah said.
"They attacked you at the airport and who is this Tane?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:11 pm

He made a face at the resonant 'taste' of the Qlippothic magick, the foul taste bringing with it a tang of disgust. "They have cast something behind us," he said. Once finished checking Hannah and the car, he looked to himself and Colin, searching for weavings of magick as they went back and forth talking. The more the pair of them talked, the quieter Adley had become, focusing on finding what the Nephandi had cast on them and trying to see if there were arcane threads that he needed to destroy.

Colin blinked, "Shit, they used some sort of parasite-ridden spirit to follow us at the airport the other day. They're probably using the same trick again. Last time, Tane managed to cut the abused spirit free, or something like that... Adley, can you pull off something similar?"

Obviously, Colin was thinking the same thing he was. He knew something had happened and would not put it past them to summon a friend from somewhere. walking through the umbra from beyond. "I do not think I can perform something that complex," he said. "But if I can find where it is coming through in the Gauntlet I can try to make it harder to manifest where they summoned it. Or I can try to push it back through - but that would require a fight probably," he said. "Also Colin please stop using names of people and specific information, in the event there is a detection going on we are not aware of," he added. Then he began focusing his senses to try to see what the hell was coming after them, if anything, drawing out his tools and bringing them up to his eyes, Words flowing through him and filling the car.

//Arete rolls: the first to continue searching for Primal threads and arcane connections, P2: 8,8; Sensing the spirit world & the through  veil, S2: 8,4
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:28 pm

You find no Prime threads on their of you or the car as such, however when you peer through the veil and try to sense spirits then something peer back, and that something appeared to your eyes as a almost formless blackness, it was a spirit alright and a powerful one, but if Truth was noble, and Uragi preservative and the fire elementals your mentor called friends where flowing and dynamic and full of life, this...thing was...nothing, it was not something as simple as death it was nothingness, it was similar to the black nothing that you had seen in the eyes of Beatrice's Avatar, it was like if one of the paintings your unfortunate little Cabalmate drew in her own blood had come to life before you. It was something wrong about this being, it was a thing that should not be, peering through the Gauntlet to meet your gaze was a lesser Outsider Thing, one of the beings of unreality that had been rejected from creation. The horror you feel at seeing this being is only overdone by the pure rage you feel from your Avatar, your soul just want to kill this entity with every fiber of it's being and even the Umbrood shard is screaming in rage, a just anger that such a thing can exist, the shard is to damaged to feel complex emotions but you get that feeling very clear.

Just as you are about to recover from the sight of this Qlippothic being you make another horrifying realization, your Avatar is fighting you, he is preventing the magick you are working to peer into the Umbra, preventing you from seeing more than a shapeless blob of nothing since if you actually saw what this being truly was, actually saw his true from then that sight might drive you mad.

Suddenly the spirit attacked, and it did not go for your body, it threw out sharp tendrils of nothingness at your Avatars, some Spirit was aware that you had such a being living in your soul, but they generally paid it little heed, but this horror attacked the innermost core of your being...but it missed. Avatar existed in a plane of it's own, they lived in the souls of their hosts so for other spirits finding them was hard, which was fortunate for you, but sooner or later this creature might find out how to reach your soul and it's visage did not turn any less terrifying when you feel it's murderous intent towards your Avatar.

(OOC: Yes this is a lesser meajin, and I am probably misspelling that as I have dyslexia and I do not have to books here with me right now. Also I would like a Willpower roll for Adley to not panic at this sight. Poor man he really end up seeing allot he just do not want to see.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:26 pm

Not long after he began to look for what had been sent after them, he soon found what he was looking for, a being from Beyond, a void looking back at him, an obliteration like a hole cut out of Creation itself that he thankfully could not fully discern. His emotions washed over his face and through his body and spirit, a heady admixture of fear, even terror, coupled with the burning rage of the spirit shard and his own avatar, filling his ears and mind. His avatar did not want him to see it, it fought at him but before he could process more the thing attacked them, their avatars...

// WP: 7,4,5,6,8,4
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:22 am

Colin nodded at Adley, "Sorry, but cryptography's not my strong suit. I'll be more vague in references to people and places in the future, if I find the time to think that far ahead."
Glancing sideways at Adley's reaction to looking for the pursuing spirit, he unlocked and handed over his phone, "Here, I've got most of our top brass in the contacts list - if you need help, choose carefully."
Colin checked the rear view mirror quickly, and started a detour via the marshes north of the airport, to avoid leading the Nephandi to the Chantry, even by proxy.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top