The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:03 pm

Tane:

All fera are interesting. I'd like to know more, but they seem to hate each other but one or two races with wich they operate with. They were at war for something he has been told by his rokea friend.

"They are rather similar to mages then in that regard, I or rather you I should say I guess, I am what you call a hedge wizard, yes yes I am inferior to you I have heard that before I say a Technocrat's body do not care what type of magic made the flame that is currently consuming him, are pretty good at killing one another."
Henrietta said and shrugged.

Because you're human, even if they're not. And most are being stripped from their humanity against their will, without knowing it, so maybe you should open their eyes before. As said in "the art of war": "A soldier from the enemy that you get to fight for you is worth three soldiers: one for the soldier you've taken from them, one for the soldier you have and one for the soldier he can take down".

Wise enough words...Tane was it? But I m not the forgiving type. Like I said those who are not involved with the Pogrom fine I have nothing against them as long as they do not get in my way, but those that are little more than fucking inquisitors with magick, those I feel no pity for and if my arts can take out a few of them, all the better. Now if one or two of them want to join our side then all the better, but I am in this war to fight, not to recruit."
The hedge wizard said sternly.

Adely and Colin:

"The Chief will be down at some point today and I rather think that if he does not listen, that he will be even more unhappy than he already is, none of us want that. But I will try to stop by, if I get a chance, or as I said, you may try to call me or someone about it."

"I...well Mr Bergen is one of the few true mages at this Chantry who do not have to many kind words about hedge wizards, I fear it will anger him if I try to tell him how to treat the kid, but I will try Mr Roth Hicks. Also I do not think anyone would like to see the Chief unhappy, he is a kind man your teacher, but he can be a force to be reckoned with."
Anton said and sounded like if he was quite in awe, both he and his wife Julia seamed to have a near fanatical loyalty to the old Flambeau for saving them years ago.

"I will see about something to eat. It is hopefully a stopgap measure, to be endured for a while until different arrangements can be made."

"Meaning you do not know what is in it either."
Raymond said and frowned.
"Thank you about the food though and I do appreciate that I am being treated far better than I feared...after the horror stories my father told me."
The young boy said and gave an uncertain smile.

"You would be called a widderslainte Orphan, for intents and purposes." He didn't say how much either counted, as it would rather vary with whom he spoke with and anyway, Orphan might be a temporary label anyway.

"Is it called Orphan because your teacher is referred to as your parent? That is how it is done in the order my father is a member of anyway."
Raymond asked and glanced at Adley for a moment before he looked away again.

"I know, I'm sorry but as I said it should not be something that will continue indefinitely but something that must be done for now."

"I understand I just...it scares me not being able to use magick...and I fear I will never be allowed to use it again."
The boy muttered he glanced at his arm and adjusted his sweater.
"I do not know when someone will come to...I am afraid to sleep just in case your kind will come to do what you do to those like me and I will wake up without..."
Raymond looked down and you remember that Beatrice had many of the same fear, that she did not dare sleep out of fear of someone wound storm into her bedchamber to arrest her. To these widderslainte the Traditions truly was the boogyman.

Colin smiled and shook Raymond's hand firmly, "Good to meet you face to face at last, Raymond - though, I'm sorry mine might look a little unnerving. I'm afraid taking a stinger missile to the nose does not cooperate well with normal skin care."

"Your face is not the most unnerving thing around here, and I have seen scars before."
The kid said.
"You where in the military then? What kind?"
He asked and scratched his head.

He smoothly placed the book on the bed, "Now, while I'd love to stay and chat, I'm afraid I need to confiscate Adley's attention for a bit. The forces of evil are persistent, I'm afraid, and I'm going to need an update on what has happened during the night if I'm to be of much use. But I do hope you'll enjoy the books, at least."

"I understand, you have the stop the Labyrinth. I will be fine."
The boy said then he asked.
"But before you go, can someone check in on my parents, I guess there is no point in being asked to see them, you fear they will kill me to save me...and they probably would, at least my dad, but could someone check in on them at least...are they okey?"
The kid asked and he sounded rather scared and lonely.

He looked at Adley, "I need to ask the prisoner a question before the debriefing; I'm not going in there alone, for safety purposes. Will you chaperone me?"

"Another prisoner you are building quite a zoo down here are you not?"
The young Fallen muttered as he started looking over some of the books.

"I see. Yes, if all has been cleared. I will need a moment to reset the door here, however. Pardon me Raymond, it seems I have something I need to attend to." He stood up as well and went towards the door.

Raymond nodded.
"It is okey."
He said and gave a smile but it was clear he was hiding his fear as well as he could and tried to put on a brave face.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:20 pm

Colin nodded, "Right now, I'm rather on a roll; my Seeking was... well, suffice to say I've spoken with Master Steelhaven about it, and he's making copies of it for specific and general distribution. As soon as I've asked our reluctant guest my question, I have to catch up fully with the... present timeline."
He shook his head and looked at Raymond with a half-grin, "You know, son, there is nothing as painful to the language center of the brain as to try to sort out the grammar of time travel. Human languages just don't have the structure to handle it, no matter how many blue police boxes or gleaming DeLoreans we build."
He scratched his cheek, "Hm, you might be a bit young to catch the DeLorean reference, I suppose..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:32 pm

He shook his head and looked at Raymond with a half-grin, "You know, son, there is nothing as painful to the language center of the brain as to try to sort out the grammar of time travel. Human languages just don't have the structure to handle it, no matter how many blue police boxes or gleaming DeLoreans we build."

"It can be quite of a tongue twister to be sure, not that I have encountered time travel myself in anything but fiction, but my dad have told me that it exist."
Raymond said and smiles a little.
"I like stories about it though."
He said.

He scratched his cheek, "Hm, you might be a bit young to catch the DeLorean reference, I suppose..."

"I do have a blu ray player at home you know, I do not live in a cave."
The kid said and raised an eyebrow then he gave a little grin.
"I have seen the Back to the Future movies."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:57 pm

"I...well Mr Bergen is one of the few true mages at this Chantry who do not have to many kind words about hedge wizards, I fear it will anger him if I try to tell him how to treat the kid, but I will try Mr Roth Hicks. Also I do not think anyone would like to see the Chief unhappy, he is a kind man your teacher, but he can be a force to be reckoned with."

"I see well I don't want to put you in a difficult position. What time is he supposed to arrive?"

"Is it called Orphan because your teacher is referred to as your parent? That is how it is done in the order my father is a member of anyway."

"For some of us, our teacher are our parens, yes. Others prefer the term mentor."

"I understand I just...it scares me not being able to use magick...and I fear I will never be allowed to use it again." The boy muttered he glanced at his arm and adjusted his sweater. "I do not know when someone will come to...I am afraid to sleep just in case your kind will come to do what you do to those like me and I will wake up without..."

He sighed. "I know...but as I said there is some hope. And you need rest."

"But before you go, can someone check in on my parents, I guess there is no point in being asked to see them, you fear they will kill me to save me...and they probably would, at least my dad, but could someone check in on them at least...are they okey?"

"I am sure that someone has been checking on them but I will see if I can find out about or have someone let you know how they are doing if I can," he said.

"Another prisoner you are building quite a zoo down here are you not?" The young Fallen muttered as he started looking over some of the books.

Adley was not entirely pleased about speaking about those matters in front of Raymond but he didn't say anything further, just prepared to leave.

Colin nodded, "Right now, I'm rather on a roll; my Seeking was... well, suffice to say I've spoken with Master Steelhaven about it, and he's making copies of it for specific and general distribution. As soon as I've asked our reluctant guest my question, I have to catch up fully with the... present timeline."[/b]

He raised an eyebrow. "Oh? Well, let us get that business out of the way then."

He shook his head and looked at Raymond with a half-grin, "You know, son, there is nothing as painful to the language center of the brain as to try to sort out the grammar of time travel. Human languages just don't have the structure to handle it, no matter how many blue police boxes or gleaming DeLoreans we build." He scratched his cheek, "Hm, you might be a bit young to catch the DeLorean reference, I suppose..."

"It seems you've had an interesting experience," he said to Colin then turned to Raymond. "I will be back if I can, or someone shall." Then he went out of the room, waiting for Colin and closed the door so he could put the warding back up.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:13 pm

"I see well I don't want to put you in a difficult position. What time is he supposed to arrive?"

"In an hour or so Mr Roth Hicks. But like I said I do not want to be a bother, I can try to speak with Mr Bergen."
Anton said and gave you a bit of an uncertain smile.

"For some of us, our teacher are our parens, yes. Others prefer the term mentor."

"I understand...my dad have had apprentices, but not after I was born, we have moved around to much to avoid...well to avoid you guys."
Raymond said and looked down.
"It must be interesting to have a teacher I have had to figure things out for myself, my dad have helped but he do not really understand how I do things and vice versa."

He sighed. "I know...but as I said there is some hope. And you need rest."

"Well some hope is more than I had a few minutes ago."
The young widderslainte said and smiles a little.
"But I still think it is best to keep awake...just in case..."
Raymond stopped talking and looked away bitterly.

"I am sure that someone has been checking on them but I will see if I can find out about or have someone let you know how they are doing if I can," he said.

Raymond cheered up a bit at that.
"Thank you I appreciate it, can you get someone to tell them I am fine as well."
He asked.
"I do not want them to worry about me."

then turned to Raymond. "I will be back if I can, or someone shall." Then he went out of the room, waiting for Colin and closed the door so he could put the warding back up.

Raymond nodded.
"Thank you, I mean I imagined all Traditionalists to be monsters but you are actually pretty nice."
The teenager said and gave you a smile.
"For someone who keep be locked up in a cell I guess, but still...you are not what I expected."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:46 pm

((OOC: Now I see that there was a post immediately prior to my last post that I hadn't seen. >.< ))

Colin smiled ruefully at Raymond, "I served with Her Majesty's Royal Air Force in what you Americans refer to as Desert Storm... that would be before you were born, I believe. Suffice to say, it was a rather brutal Awakening for me; a mess of pain and power and fire... but here I am, as able a man as any in the building, thanks to a little help on the way. Oh, certainly, I'm not the strongest Mage in the Chantry, but magical power has little value without the mind to guide it."
He pondered for a moment, eyes far away, then looked down on Raymond and gently laid his hand on the boy's shoulder, a slightly reassuring grip, "There's a saying, immortality isn't about living forever, it's about what you do with the time you have. However long you live, be it years, decades, centuries, or even possibly millennia, always be mindful of what you do, how you treat people. Strong personal memories can last for several reincarnations, and a kindness or a cruelty can come around to be repaid in full at the most unexpected of times..."
He shook his head a bit, "Sorry, that might have been a little more... enigmatic than usual. Suffice to say, there are powerful people here who hope to help you be the best you can be. Tearing you apart won't be any good for that, will it? I can't promise anything, except that we'll do what we can."
He gave a small nod, and headed back out of the cell, gently closing the door behind him, letting Adley reestablish the wards.
He arched an eyebrow at Anton, and lowered his voice, "You're expecting Mr. Bergen down to guard the lad? Hm, he's a rather... difficult man to like, I'm afraid. I just ran into him, and to be honest, I don't think I endeared myself to him. He is possessed of some very... definite opinions on those he perceives as his inferiors, I'm afraid. And I happen to strongly disagree with his definition of inferiority."

((OOC: Sheesh, Ulv Bergen is really making an effort to be nice to people, isn't he? Wink Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:49 pm

Colin smiled ruefully at Raymond, "I served with Her Majesty's Royal Air Force in what you Americans refer to as Desert Storm... that would be before you were born, I believe. Suffice to say, it was a rather brutal Awakening for me; a mess of pain and power and fire... but here I am, as able a man as any in the building, thanks to a little help on the way. Oh, certainly, I'm not the strongest Mage in the Chantry, but magical power has little value without the mind to guide it."

"That sounds bad...I am sorry that happened to you."
Raymond said in a compassionate tone of voice.
"It must have been scary, do you still fly things?"
The kid asked then he blushed a little.
"Hum...fly things, wonderfully eloquent but you get my drift are you a pilot? Also you kind of sound like my dad when he decide to go into lesson mode."

He pondered for a moment, eyes far away, then looked down on Raymond and gently laid his hand on the boy's shoulder, a slightly reassuring grip, "There's a saying, immortality isn't about living forever, it's about what you do with the time you have. However long you live, be it years, decades, centuries, or even possibly millennia, always be mindful of what you do, how you treat people. Strong personal memories can last for several reincarnations, and a kindness or a cruelty can come around to be repaid in full at the most unexpected of times..."

"Well by that idea I am repaying whatever someone in a former life did wrong and unless this hope Adley speak of pans out there will not be any more incarnations for me...I think. The giving me magick thingy is as far as I know the same as the will go on to the next incarnation thingy...is it not?"
Raymond asked and scratched his head then he muttered.
"But I am not giving up and I will try to enjoy my life no matter how much time I have left...well to the extent that I can enjoy being locked in a basement and magickally chained by drugs."
The kid muttered bitterly, but he did not seam to be hostile at least.
"Thank you for the advice though and I am looking forward to reading those books."
Raymond said and patted the small stack of books with one of his hands.

He shook his head a bit, "Sorry, that might have been a little more... enigmatic than usual. Suffice to say, there are powerful people here who hope to help you be the best you can be. Tearing you apart won't be any good for that, will it? I can't promise anything, except that we'll do what we can."
He gave a small nod, and headed back out of the cell, gently closing the door behind him, letting Adley reestablish the wards.

"I know and I...believe that. I do not why I believe it my dad said to kill myself rather than be captured by you guys, we trained for hours on how to drive a knife into my brain in a way that would cause so much damage that the change I would be healed would be minimal...we started drills on this when I was seven...all I have heard is that all the mage factions are fucking bastards, the Nephandi want to destroy the world and will use me, the Technocracy will shoot me on sight so better stay away from them and then pretty graphic descriptions of what the Traditions will do to me and a order to run like hell if I see one. However having me you and Adley and that big honcho dude he took me to, you have all been decent to me, so have Anton and his wife...so I believe that you will do what you can and that there is hope...and perhaps my dad was wrong about the Traditions..."
Raymond said earnestly.
"Perhaps a good thing I did not stab myself in the head in a way so that the following cramps will drive the knife around making mush of my brain...for that sounds rather uncomfortable."
The boy muttered and shrugged.

He arched an eyebrow at Anton, and lowered his voice, "You're expecting Mr. Bergen down to guard the lad? Hm, he's a rather... difficult man to like, I'm afraid. I just ran into him, and to be honest, I don't think I endeared myself to him. He is possessed of some very... definite opinions on those he perceives as his inferiors, I'm afraid. And I happen to strongly disagree with his definition of inferiority."

Anton nodded.
"Yes Sir I am expecting Mr Bergen and he...have his opinions. I guess when it comes to linear mages he is right we are inferior, I do not begrudge him his attitude, he have never hit me or anything of the sort. But I fear he might say something to Raymond that might scare or upset the boy, for now the kid is bitter and nervous but he is calm and cooperating, this would be allot harder on everyone if he panics and start resisting."
The Son of Ether said in a low tone of voice then he looked nervous as if someone would hurt him for his words about an Awakened mage.

(OOC: Oh yes he is a little bundle of magickal joy and love.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:51 pm

Colin nodded to Raymond, "Of course it was terrifying; I spent a few years recovering, but I've kept my certification - I'm still licensed to pilot gunships, in fact, though I don't actually have the means to do more than occasionally rent a civilian helicopter for a day or three. I've flown a few errands over the years, but mostly, it's just been refresher courses. As for whether or not the Traditions are bastards, well..."
Colin tapped the side of his nose, "If one person in a group of a hundred does something awful, and the others just keep their heads down to go about their daily business, would you remember to the one, or the 99? I'm afraid the Traditions might have something of a PR problem in that regard. Mage society as a whole is no more good or evil than humanity as a whole, I'm afraid."

Colin arched an eyebrow at Anton, voice lowered so as to not disturb Adley's work, "I'm given to understand Hedge Wizards - or do you prefer the term Linear Mages? - lack the flexibility of an Awakened Mage, but can absolutely achieve comparable degrees of raw power. You can do things I might never be able to match, And I, in turn, can do things you cannot. That simple fact makes neither of us inferior nor superior to one another, and it's bloody well not right that either of us sees it that way. Mr. Bergen might be an arrogant... Mage, but you should not merely submit to those notions. By all means, appease him to avoid unnecessary trouble, but keep in mind you're a man. A decent man, at that. I'm sure Chief Morgan recognizes that, as well. So please, do us both a favor and at least address me as an equal."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:22 pm

I got no idea what a hedge wizard is. But in any case, we at least are 2 sides, not every tradition, art and convention killing the others. t east, there was a lot of place to walk around

I'm no one to tell you how to deal with your pain. he said giving up not to be rude, but he in his heart hoped that she could forgive herself when she realized what she has done. Is there something i can help you with?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:33 am

"In an hour or so Mr Roth Hicks. But like I said I do not want to be a bother, I can try to speak with Mr Bergen." Anton said and gave you a bit of an uncertain smile.

"Mmm well I cannot say what I will be doing in an hour from now but I will see if there's something that might be done." He frowned a little, wondering if it might be better to switch the guard from someone else down here or if there was a particular reason Bergen had been chosen for the task. Or if they were simply out of help.

Raymond cheered up a bit at that. "Thank you I appreciate it, can you get someone to tell them I am fine as well." He asked. "I do not want them to worry about me."

"I will try, yes." It might do no good and no doubt lead to a conversation that they could not have in fullness, at least not before his pater had awoken again but it went on the ever-growing list of things to do. It was like a hydra. Strike one thing to do down and three more appeared.

"Thank you, I mean I imagined all Traditionalists to be monsters but you are actually pretty nice." The teenager said and gave you a smile. "For someone who keep be locked up in a cell I guess, but still...you are not what I expected."

"I do not particularly enjoy locking up guests either but these are dire circumstances." Well, Raymond and Beatrice were not what he'd expected of widderslainte either. Raymond had professed some very disturbing things his avatar was inclined towards but...at the same time he was here, helping for his parents sake.

He listened quietly as Colin talked to the younger mage, not wanting to interrupt and feeling a bit as if he were intruding on a private conversation. He wondered what he'd learned in his Seeking, though of course that too was private. Still, he hoped that his words resonated with the young man, at least half as much as he thought they might apply to himself. It wouldn't do to tell him that apparently he and 'the big honcho dude' were apparently not towing the party line at the moment, when it came to general treatment of widderslainte. But they had their reasons and they were good ones. At least, he thought they were. Then he walked out and shut the door.

He looked at them both and frowned. He couldn't imagine anyone that did not like Colin but there was a first for everything. Especially if he'd run into someone with older thoughts about the hierarchy. He was rather used to it, being in the Order, even if things in Steelhaven were not as strict as they were at other chantries. Then he turned his attention to what he was doing, since time was short, as usual.

// Same alarm working as he did before - spending several minutes working on it while the pair of mages have a chat, apparently >.< P2: 3,2 - 3,2 - 9,3 - 4,9

Maybe Mr Bergen would get along with Mr Rush!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:48 am

Colin:

Colin nodded to Raymond, "Of course it was terrifying; I spent a few years recovering, but I've kept my certification - I'm still licensed to pilot gunships, in fact, though I don't actually have the means to do more than occasionally rent a civilian helicopter for a day or three. I've flown a few errands over the years, but mostly, it's just been refresher courses.

"So helicopters then? That is cool. I have never been in a helicopter."
Raymond said and scratched his head.
"I guess the Traditions do not use mundane aircraft allot in their warfare eh."
The boy said.
"It is more fireballs and lightening strikes?"

As for whether or not the Traditions are bastards, well..."
Colin tapped the side of his nose, "If one person in a group of a hundred does something awful, and the others just keep their heads down to go about their daily business, would you remember to the one, or the 99? I'm afraid the Traditions might have something of a PR problem in that regard. Mage society as a whole is no more good or evil than humanity as a whole, I'm afraid."

"Humanity as a whole do not rip people's souls out."
Raymond said bitterly then he sigh.
"It is just that when my dad found out what I was he started telling me what the Traditions would do to me, made me, as soon as I could read he made me read segments from a fantasy book he said had a terrifyingly similar concept, again and again and again so I would know never to go near other mages. I just assumed that a group who would do something like that to someone else, much less a child for my dad told me that if I had been captured when I was little the same thing would happen, that such a group would be for a lack of a better term evil."
The kid muttered and looked away.
"But apparently you are not and if you are trying to find an alternative then...perhaps your group is not so unscrupulous either."
Raymond said and he sounded hopeful at that.

Colin arched an eyebrow at Anton, voice lowered so as to not disturb Adley's work, "I'm given to understand Hedge Wizards - or do you prefer the term Linear Mages? - lack the flexibility of an Awakened Mage, but can absolutely achieve comparable degrees of raw power. You can do things I might never be able to match, And I, in turn, can do things you cannot.

"I do prefer the term linear mage Mr Wainwright, personally I refer to myself as a scientist, a chemist, but I do realize that what I practice most would call magic so yes, linear mage works fine. Yes your understanding is correct, linear magic lack the flexibility of true magick, we do not change reality as much as bend it, we sneak our effects in the back door as it where as such I do not suffer from what you call Paradox, but I find my magic very hard to perform if sleepers where to see me do so, almost impossible. However yes while we lack flexibility the potential for raw power is there. It works a bit like this, most people do not believe in magick, and so they together create a reality where it do not exist and when someone like you bend and shape that reality the consensus strikes back. However your average sleeper still wish on a falling star, suspend their disbelief when watching a moving and wear their birth stone as a good luck charm, and that little seed of leftover belief is what a linear mage use to sneak our effects into reality."
Anton explained.
"There are three primal forces in this world, well at least that we know of, stasis, dynamism and entropy, and there are also three types of magick, you practice the dynamic type who outright change reality Mr Wainwright, I practice the static type who work with reality already formed and young Mr Danbrock in there practice the entropic type who destroy the possibility that his will do not shape reality. So if you where to create a fireball you would extend your will through your foci and belief systems and by that reweave the very tapestry itself, willing your fireball into existence. I would fill out the forms and work the bureaucracy reminding reality that in fact it owe me a fireball, and Raymond would destroy the possibility that his fireball do not exist."
The hedge wizard continued.
"Three ways of doing magic but yes at the end of the day we all use Quintessence to I call it mana and it is less refined, and we all manifest our will into reality in some way."

That simple fact makes neither of us inferior nor superior to one another, and it's bloody well not right that either of us sees it that way. Mr. Bergen might be an arrogant... Mage, but you should not merely submit to those notions. By all means, appease him to avoid unnecessary trouble, but keep in mind you're a man. A decent man, at that. I'm sure Chief Morgan recognizes that, as well. So please, do us both a favor and at least address me as an equal."

Anton looked frightened for a moment then he sigh.
"You are right Mr Wainwright, you have never been anything but polite and kind to me, so have most at this Chantry, but this is not the case everywhere and my wife and I have not always been so fortunate. Many few hedge wizards as little but servants and since we are not sleepers we are not protected by the Protocols. Now many in the Traditions frown on mistreating servants or hedge wizards but the fact of the matter is that many of us live as indentured servants, or are treated as lesser beings by true mages. I have been sold twice and while the Traditions do not like to call it slavery, it is what it is. Now do not get me wrong not all hedge wizards in the Traditions live under such conditions most are fine and are treated as members if often not as advanced members. Many also can not tell the difference between a linear mage and an Awakened one as you really need to examine a magic user spiritually to know for sure, however one can get extremely unlucky."
The Son of Ether said and looked down.
"The Order of Hermes consider it's linear mages as full members, less ranked but full members, and in it's glory days no one even knew there where a difference so no one actually know exactly what the various heroes of Hermetic lore was on the magic user spectrum other than powerful. The Sons of Ether though...well you know Igor, yeah that would be us. Now on Horizon there is a law that say if a Custos do not present themselves with full name and who they serve when entering a public building the owner of that building can take them as an indentured servant, this happened to my mentor and the man who declared ownership of him sold me off, I was no older than Mr Danbrock is now."
Anton said softly.
"The first Chantry I served treated me kindly but never as an equal, still I got to complete my education, and I worked for them to the best of my ability and had no complaint. I even met my wife Julia, a dowser who similarly had found herself into indentured servitude to a Traditionalist, we got married and for years we lived a good life, but the Chantry fell on hard times and we was sold to another one, a Chantry right outside of Boston as it where and here conditions where harsher, me and Julia was treated as little but slaves, beatings and abuse was common. However when Master Morgan heard of our plight he got us out of there, at significant personal cost and he even managed to get Julia into the Order of Hermes and then went the way to the courts to have president set that a hedge wizard member of a Tradition can not be held as a slave without there having been a sentence for a crime...I owe that man everything."
The chemist sigh then he sigh.
"I am sorry Mr Wainwright to bore you with my story, I just want you to know that my behavior is not meant as an insult, but is how I was taught to behave towards true mages for a very long time."
The hedge wizard gave a you a small timid smile.

Adley:

"Mmm well I cannot say what I will be doing in an hour from now but I will see if there's something that might be done." He frowned a little, wondering if it might be better to switch the guard from someone else down here or if there was a particular reason Bergen had been chosen for the task. Or if they were simply out of help.

Anton nodded.
"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks."
Probably there where no particular reason why Bergen was set to the task, he could fight and he was available was probably about it, having three prisoners right now was straining Steelhaven's renounces especially since there where other concerns to deal with as well, including increased guard patrols of the Chantry itself, so whoever was available had to chip in.

"I will try, yes." It might do no good and no doubt lead to a conversation that they could not have in fullness, at least not before his pater had awoken again but it went on the ever-growing list of things to do. It was like a hydra. Strike one thing to do down and three more appeared.

"Thank you Adley.
Was all the young prisoner said in reply.

"I do not particularly enjoy locking up guests either but these are dire circumstances." Well, Raymond and Beatrice were not what he'd expected of widderslainte either. Raymond had professed some very disturbing things his avatar was inclined towards but...at the same time he was here, helping for his parents sake.

Raymond nodded he sigh.
"I understand that, you can not trust me, and since the Labyrinth want me you can not take the risk of me running away to join them when they want to well destroy the city Marvel super villain style, I get that, but you know if you guys did not want to rip my magickal abilities out of me and make confetti out of them, I would have no problem hiding out with you guys while you took care of Madame Doom and her army of darkness as it where."
The teenager grumbled nervously.

You set up the ward again and feel the magick taking effect, a simple rote yet it would do it's job. Inside the cell you hear Raymond settling down, probably with one of the new books.

Tane:

I got no idea what a hedge wizard is. But in any case, we at least are 2 sides, not every tradition, art and convention killing the others. t east, there was a lot of place to walk around

"I am a linear mage I guess you can say my magic is more similar to the gifts your friend use than the magick you yourself employ. I work magic but my Avatar still sleep...it only stir a bit more in it's rest than with most people, it sleep with one eye open of you will. Now as for killing one another, well four of the five Conventions do their best to take every other magic user and supernatural creature out so I would say they are pretty fair targets."
Henrietta said and shrugged.
"And besides this is a war, and wars are not won by not killing the enemy."

I'm no one to tell you how to deal with your pain. he said giving up not to be rude, but he in his heart hoped that she could forgive herself when she realized what she has done. Is there something i can help you with?

"We will see how you deal with yours...Tane was it? Whn the Union kill one of your loved ones."
Henrietta said with a bit of bite to her voice.
"No I am good, I would not mind meeting Coawa at some point though, he do sound like an interesting fellow."
The hedge wizard said with a slight smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:56 am

Sounds like your regular Hermetic, jejejje he laughed at his own joke. There are plenty of people that lost all battles and won the war. You won't change the consensus killing technocrats, they're not the source. Our own hubris and stupidity let the order of reason get this far. The world was their's and they fucked up.

We're all warriors, we all have loved ones dead. But right now, i'm a little more pissed off with some Traditionalists, and grateful with one that has been a Technocrat. ONe of the bad technocrats.

Well, he's looking to mate with a mage. He'd meet you.
He said playfully, but truthfully. Whenever you want, seriously.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:57 am

Sounds like your regular Hermetic, jejejje he laughed at his own joke. There are plenty of people that lost all battles and won the war. You won't change the consensus killing technocrats, they're not the source. Our own hubris and stupidity let the order of reason get this far. The world was their's and they fucked up.

"Now your regular Hermetic want to stay in their libraries or labs and study or measure their spiritual dick size against one another in the halls of power on Horizon, a regular Flambeau though well perhaps."
The young woman said then she sigh.
"So what do you suggest we do with the Technocrats? Sit around and spread light and love and let them murder us all? A dead Technocrat can not harm anyone, and yes perhaps our forefathers should have fought harder in the past but that is not a good reason for us to do nothing now. It is not easy to change the Consensus when you will get a Primium bullet in the head for doing so."
Henrietta said firmly.

We're all warriors, we all have loved ones dead. But right now, i'm a little more pissed off with some Traditionalists, and grateful with one that has been a Technocrat. ONe of the bad technocrats

"There are Traditionalists who are assholes that is true however we are still at war with the Technocracy and if you are referring to the Virtual Adepts and the Sons of Ether, well they are Technocrats no longer."

Well, he's looking to mate with a mage. He'd meet you. He said playfully, but truthfully. Whenever you want, seriously.

"Oh my. I doubt I am much cut out for motherhood though."
Henrietta said and seamed to take the statement in stride.
"Well he is looking for magick wielding kinfolk then, well he might be disappointed with a True Mage, while it is true that Awakening happens more often to the children of mages, I think that have more to do with nurture than nature, that these children are not raised to disbelieve magick. However the child of a shifter will have less of a chance to become a mage since all it takes if for them to have one hint o Gnosis and a Avatar will never find them a suitable host. A hedge wizard though that is inheritable by blood and is viable even in children with gnosis, he should find himself a hedge wizard woman, me however, like I said I am out killing Technocrats I am really not a good prospect to be a mother."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:56 am

Colin shrugged and smiled at Raymond, "It's mostly subtler than regular military strikes... Mostly. You would be surprised at how many of our actual combatants fight using only information and a sidearm, rather than bringing in the primal forces of nature outright. But, hum, I suppose you are correct; humanity doesn't rip someone's soul out. And, I guess you are fortunate we found you first - there are... less progressive Chantries in Boston. But I will leave you to your books for now - I hope they're palatable."

He grinned at Anton, "I'm familiar with most of the basic theory, of course, but I don't think I've heard the bureaucracy simile before... I like the idea of formally reminding reality of an insufficient amount of active fireballs."
He pondered and murmured softly, "So the Chief actually had that piece of legislation amended... Impressive, and less surprising than I might've expected."
He thought for a moment, "By the way, what sort of chemical work do you tend to do? I mean, would I be able to contract you for, say, some custom explosives, or perhaps some medicinal compound? Or possibly some specialized cleaning agents for assorted solid materials?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:02 am

Colin shrugged and smiled at Raymond, "It's mostly subtler than regular military strikes... Mostly. You would be surprised at how many of our actual combatants fight using only information and a sidearm, rather than bringing in the primal forces of nature outright.

"I read a fantasy series where that is the whole point of having mages in an army, when everything works no one notice there is magick there as then everyone just counter one another and the actual battles are fought with sword, perhaps it is a little like that."

But, hum, I suppose you are correct; humanity doesn't rip someone's soul out. And, I guess you are fortunate we found you first - there are... less progressive Chantries in Boston. But I will leave you to your books for now - I hope they're palatable."

Raymond swallowed hard at the thought he might have run into more aggressive Traditionalists.
"I see...that...would have been bad."
He muttered then he looked down at the books and smiles a little though he was still nervous.
"I am sure they will be fine, thank you."

He grinned at Anton, "I'm familiar with most of the basic theory, of course, but I don't think I've heard the bureaucracy simile before... I like the idea of formally reminding reality of an insufficient amount of active fireballs."

"You just need to know the right forms to send in Mr Wainwright, and knowledge of those forms, that is the art of linear magic."
Anton said and offered a little smile.

He pondered and murmured softly, "So the Chief actually had that piece of legislation amended... Impressive, and less surprising than I might've expected."

"More that he managed to set a precedent and forced the courts to consider the status of hedge wizard members of the Traditions but yes, it was impressive, and it have the potential to better allot of lives."
The hedge wizard said softly.

He thought for a moment, "By the way, what sort of chemical work do you tend to do? I mean, would I be able to contract you for, say, some custom explosives, or perhaps some medicinal compound? Or possibly some specialized cleaning agents for assorted solid materials?"

"I have an education in pharmaceuticals, but magickally I tend to do distillation to make potions, including you good old fashioned healing potion, only I have a scientific view on it. Hum...explosives, I could possibly make that and then make the explosion more controlled combining mundane and magical material. I might as some point need some silver work done though as I use it as a magical cleansing agent for liquids before distillation."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:09 am

Colin smiled and extended a hand to Anton, "I'm sure we can come to some agreement on any exchanges, Mr. von Hess. In fact..."
Colin thought for a moment, "As a hypothetical idea - if I were to imbue something, such as a silver coin, with a measure of good fortune, would you be able to turn that lucky coin into a potion?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:23 am

Anton a bit hesitantly took your hand he gave you a slight smile.
"Turning a lucky coin into a potion...yes I should be able to do so but I would have to work on getting it save to ingest but it could have other ways of application yes, I could do that."
The hedge wizard said and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:30 pm

There are common enemies, find a truce, find the ones that Cut the cake... And fuck them right, but fuck them and anyone that sides with them after showing the horrible things they do. I know it's easier to say than to do, but that's my vision. he had not firm opinion but killing indiscriminatedly ws not an option in his view.

He's looking, but i was joking. Relax. Tane said with a smile
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:44 pm

"The problem is they are trying to kill all of us, we can not respond to that with pussyfooting around, there will only be safety for mages when every last Technocrat, expect perhaps the Void Engineers are dead."
Henrietta muttered.
"But you do not have to agree with me as long as you do not get in my way."
The young woman said.

"Now as for your friend, well it would have hardly been the strangest offer I have ever gotten."
Henrietta said and smiles.
"I am sure he is a good guy."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:07 pm

Adley finally finished putting his back rote up, trying not to grumble to himself. Better now than when he was needing something fast. Then he looked at Colin and Mr vonHess as they spoke and went over to check on Digeo's cell, performing a scan on it to see what magicks were up just in case. He didn't want to set anything off or have to take something down that he could not put back in place.

//P1: 6,8
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:16 pm

Diego was kept in the wash room. You see Darrian Haagen keeping watch of the make shift cell. You see a simple ward in place that will go off if something magickal enters or leave the cell, the ward is probably controlled by whoever keep is on guard duty so someone can come in to feed or talk to the prisoner. Darrian glanced at you and Colin and give you a polite nod, the Solificati did not look happy to be away from his lab but right now everyone had to pitch in.
"Did you have business with the prisoner Mr Roth Hicks?"
The alchemist asked.
"I you do then I do hope you do not take offense easily for I have heard more foul words and suggestions from that man the last few hours than I have the entire rest of my life, he is nothing if not creative."
Darrian said and sigh.
"I can let you in but I have to keep the door open so I can keep an eye on things just in case he tries something...I do not trust or like this one."
he Solificati commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:24 pm

"Mr Haagen," he nodded to him in greeting. "Yes, someone would like to have a word with him and he asked me to come with him, though I appreciate you being here as well of course." Then as he was told that the man had done nothing but curse and swear, he sighed. "Ah yes, I have already heard some of his creativity....thank you I would appreciate it, I'll just see if he is ready. Ah," he said, more to himself and dug out a piece of paper. Hastily he wrote, "Do you know who is coming to relieve you and when?" He did not want Diego to hear anything potentially useful as a change of guard time.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:29 pm

Darrian nodded.
"I will let the ward down for you, one moment."
He said and begun to mutter several words, his gestures where different from what regular Hermetics used and for bigger workings he probably used meditation, chemical processes, drugs, or any other tool his Tradition was known for. The Solificati was a Hermetic House now but it was clear that while they far back shared a common root, the the two Traditions was far removed from one another now.
"You can go in now but just be careful."
The alchemist warned.

Darrian took the paper and nodded he wrote down.
"One of the Euthanatos I think, at two in the afternoon."
The Solificati passed the note back to you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:33 pm

Colin pondered, "I suppose I could try to work my lucky charms into other forms than the usual, well, lucky charms; my problem, as such, hasn't been the medium, but the duration... Hm, I think I might be able to extend that a little further now, though. But a potion; that might let me work the rote, and activate it at a later time of my choosing, wouldn't you think? I'm sorry, I'm speculating when I have fairly urgent matters to attend. Have a nice day, Mr. von Hess, and do feel free to drop by my shop if you have any needs, or perhaps ideas you'd like to discuss. I'll have my clerk send you down to my workshop if I'm in."

He went over to Darrian and Adley, "My pardon; it was an interesting topic of discussion... I should like to ask Diego a question; it shouldn't take long, but I rather need an answer for... further considerations."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:59 pm

"Actually Mr Wainwright...your type of magick have a harder time with making something durable and lasting as your magick is attuned to change. I can not advice you much on it though for while I intellectually understand Sphere magick, I do not really understand it, however I am sure we can work something out if we work together."
The hedge wizard said and gave a little smile.
"Yea you could possibly use a potion for a hanging spell, to store the energies until you want to use them...yes...yes that can certainly be done I think."
Anton nodded.
"Do not let me keep you Mr Wainwright, the topic is fascinating though and I would love to sit down with you and discuss it further when time permits."
The man said and gave a small bow.
"Have a nice day as well Mr Wainwright, oh and I will keep your shop in mind and I am sure we can find a time for that discussion on potions."
Anton said and smiles.
"And do feel free to drop by my chambers as well, my wife is a good cook and we would love to have you over for dinner sometime...Mr Roth Hicks as well off course."
The hedge wizard said politely.

Darrian give you a nod.
"Mr Wainwright."
He said in greeting.
"Well the ward is down and you are welcome to talk with the prisoner but I doubt you will get much but curses and insults out of me. He just threatened to dig up my Tradition founder's bones and do very inappropriate and quite unsanitary things with them, just to give you an idea of his mood."
The Solificati said as he opened the door to the wash room so you and Adley could enter.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top