The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Warpmind on Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:15 am

Colin held up his sketchbook, "If you don't mind, I'd like to get some copies of these drawings... Master Steelhaven should come by to copy the associated text at some point. You... will likely want to read it."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:30 am

"Yes Master Steelhaven mentioned something about a a vision of the future I should read."
The Virtual Adept said.
"I will have to set aside time to do so. Well the machine is right there, do feel free to use it Mr Wainwright."
Narim said and pointed to the copy machine that stood against one wall.
"Make as many copies as you want."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:15 am

Colin smiled and carefully tore out the sketches from the book, and strolled over to start copying the drawing of St. Victoria's Blade, giving Narim a wink, "As many as I want is a dangerous proposal, Sir... How about as many as I think will be needed for the first set? I think ten sets should do for now."
The St. Victoria's Blade first, then the Heart of Horizon, then the assorted images of the polyp's exterior and interior...
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:21 pm

"Well I have two packs of paper Mr Wainwright, so if you absolutely want to stand here making copies all day then by all means it do not bother me,however as many as you need for the first set is perhaps a more sensible amount."
Narim said with a grin.

You get the drawings copied, it do not take long.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:09 pm

"Oh, English can certainly make do with speculations on the future - kludged together like most of the language with borrowed words and tacked-on phrases such as 'going to do something' and such... treating the future as the future, linguistically, isn't really any more difficult than treating the past as the past. It's when non-linearity enters the equation everything breaks down."

"Of course it has its way of taking care of it, using modal verbs and so forth," he agreed. "I understood what you meant though, as...kludged together...it might have seemed."

"Adley, Mr Wainwright, please do come in what can I do for you?" The young Master of the Art said. "Can I offer any of you a cup of tea? Oh and Adley a Mercere where here with some documents for your mentor, they are in my safe do you want to take them to his office or should I keep them here until Jeffry becomes available?"

"Tea would be welcome, if it's not trouble," he said. "I can put the documents in his office on my way to other things," he said. "In fact, I came here to tell you about what happened while we both were out this morning - I wasn't sure if the Primus was awake but I knew you were probably. If it would be acceptable for Colin to be here, given what he discovered, that is," he added. "Also while I am here, do you know which room the Danbrocks are in? I hate to ask but you seem to know where everyone is...Raymond asked someone to check in on them."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:28 pm

Narim nodded and fetched two painted cups from a cabinet in his office.
"No trouble at all."
He said as he filled the cups from a small, delicate teapot he had sitting on his desk.
"I will take the documents out of the safe for you then."
The young Master of the Art said as he went to his safe and opened the door, while he was putting in the combination he said.
"I would be most interested in hearing that report Adley, I understand that we have gotten a young Verditius guest in need of medical care."
Narim said as he fetched an parchment envelope addressed to your mentor with full name an title and sealed with the official symbol of House Guernicus and handed it to you.
"I would not mind if Mr Wainwright is here no, not at all. Please take a seat both of you."
The soft spoken young Deacon said and indicated the two chairs in his simple office.
"I do not know if Master Steelhaven is up, as for Mr and Mrs Danbrock yes they have been given lodging in the attic guest room, it is comfortable while at the same time it is a little away from the rest of the population. Your mentor felt it best to take some precautions, especially given that we are holding their son prisoner and Mr Danbrock is if I have understood it correctly a quite skilled Hedge Wizard."
Narim said as he filled his own tea cup as well and then sat down to hear your rapport.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:17 pm

Sorry, i'll make it brief. I found a girl that has been newly awakened, and i'm bringing her in to look for a teacher for her. But with all this nephandi problem and the girl having contact with spirits that can be potencially corrupted by them, i wanted to scan her before bringing her. I wanted to consult it with you
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:31 pm

Jeffry nodded as he glanced at the Dreamspeaker.
"Examining her before taking her to the Chantry is wise Mr Karyak. Are you able to perform such an examination yourself or do I need to arrange for someone else to do it?"
He asked.
"Also you are sure, she is newly Awakened and not a Nephandus or a Technocrat trying to find a way into this Chantry?"
He asked as his black eyes rested on you.
"Right now we can not be to careful, but also we can not be sending away potential new apprentices either, what can you tell me about this girl Mr Karyak?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:34 pm

"I will take the documents out of the safe for you then."
The young Master of the Art said as he went to his safe and opened the door, while he was putting in the combination he said. "I would be most interested in hearing that report Adley, I understand that we have gotten a young Verditius guest in need of medical care." Narim said as he fetched an parchment envelope addressed to your mentor with full name an title and sealed with the official symbol of House Guernicus and handed it to you.

"Yes," he confirmed, then took the envelope and put it away carefully.

I do not know if Master Steelhaven is up, as for Mr and Mrs Danbrock yes they have been given lodging in the attic guest room, it is comfortable while at the same time it is a little away from the rest of the population. Your mentor felt it best to take some precautions, especially given that we are holding their son prisoner and Mr Danbrock is if I have understood it correctly a quite skilled Hedge Wizard."

"Yes, that seems to be the case. Perhaps Colin or someone might go with me if there is time to do that." He sighed. The kid needed some food and some good news about his parents wouldn't hurt. Though what his parents might do once they saw him again, tentative good news or not...

Realising he was hovering, he took a seat and once Colin was cleared to hear what was going on, became to explain. "Yes, given the delicate nature of what I'm about to say, I thought it best to ask first. As you know, Chief Morgan took the tass to Lux Iternis and for as far as he knows, it was in fact destroyed after a lengthy ritual. However, while he was there, he noted that there was the presence of qlippothic magick taint there and that the tass resonated with someone in the Chantry. He did not wish to voice anyone he suspected until he had more proof, given the severity of allegations. He came back here early this morning and took me with him to find someone that he thought would have information about that and that had witnessed something related." He frowned, taking the teacup and holding it.

"It turns out that Nico Marcov of House Veriditus had given my pater a note to talk to him privately, but he needed to take care of the tass first. Nico was the one to contact me when Beatrice was...when the Masters were coming, she warned me and gave us a bit more time. For this, on appearances, she was whipped and thrown out into the streets of Boston, one of the worst neighborhoods, with none of her tools, nothing at all but the clothing on her back and her ring and no knowledge of how to survive on the streets as she is from Horizon. However, the Chief said she knew something important as well, and that is likely the real reason for such a harsh action. We searched for her and finally tracked her down though she'd been out in the cold with no defenses or resources to her name." He looked down at his teacup, looking angry but not at anyone in the room, at the memory. "She was found by a local gang leader...I paid him off and found that he had been about to..rape her and instead found her state as rebis so unappealing he nearly beat her to death." His hand tightened on the cup and then he continued. "However, he did tell us where he'd left her and we were able to find her from there.

"Though wounded, she told me as much as she could...which was this: that about two months ago, Vittoria D'Angelo had come into the Chantry in something of a state, sick and tired but with no markings on her. Nico was told not to tell anyone. She just thought she had gone out for drinks. A short while later, Nico was enlisted to help Deacon Dupuis make his longevity potion, which is taken in three doses. She agreed and began helping with the potion, doing some of the groundwork on it. However, she said that she saw Vittoria D'Angelo tamper with the third portion of the longevity potion." He sighed and drank some of the tea. "Thankfully, we were able to get her back before...well, it was very close. We took an umbral path to save time and Master Nassa healed most of her serious wounds, but for the whipping which will need antibiotics. Someone tried to heal her, though inexpertly and so the new working would not take. I will ask Richard to check on her and see if he can provide the antibiotics. Given she had head wounds, she may not remember what had happened...I am glad that she is alive of course but we need to be careful who knows she is here. We have hedge wizards from Lux Iternis and though they may not be directly involved, it would be natural for them to talk about someone of their own Chantry, either in concern or confusion...the Nephandi already know too much as it is."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:39 pm

"Yes, that seems to be the case. Perhaps Colin or someone might go with me if there is time to do that." He sighed. The kid needed some food and some good news about his parents wouldn't hurt. Though what his parents might do once they saw him again, tentative good news or not...

"I understand Mrs and Mr Danbrock, if someone where holding one of my loved ones and that person was risking...well you know then I would probably do everything in my power to save my loved one as well, our guests are good, loving parents, but that still provide us with a problem."
Narim said and sigh.

"Yes, given the delicate nature of what I'm about to say, I thought it best to ask first. As you know, Chief Morgan took the tass to Lux Iternis and for as far as he knows, it was in fact destroyed after a lengthy ritual. However, while he was there, he noted that there was the presence of qlippothic magick taint there and that the tass resonated with someone in the Chantry. He did not wish to voice anyone he suspected until he had more proof, given the severity of allegations. He came back here early this morning and took me with him to find someone that he thought would have information about that and that had witnessed something related." He frowned, taking the teacup and holding it.

Narim got a worried frown on his face and he did not seam to like what he was hearing.
"A Nephandic infiltrator at Lux Itineris, that is not good, not only are a spy troubling but Lux Itineris is the most powerful Chantry in the entire Tribunal as you Hermetic like to call it, they are the seat of power for all mages in Boston and the surrounding cities if they are not secure then we are all in quite a bit of trouble."
The Virtual Adept stated in a grave tone of voice.
"It could compromise our ability to fight back against the Nephandi in this current crisis."

"It turns out that Nico Marcov of House Veriditus had given my pater a note to talk to him privately, but he needed to take care of the tass first. Nico was the one to contact me when Beatrice was...when the Masters were coming, she warned me and gave us a bit more time. For this, on appearances, she was whipped and thrown out into the streets of Boston, one of the worst neighborhoods, with none of her tools, nothing at all but the clothing on her back and her ring and no knowledge of how to survive on the streets as she is from Horizon.

"That sounds like attempted murder disguised as a punishment to me. Yes I know Lux Itineris practice corporal punishments, many Chantries do, and while I do not approve of the practice it can be a debate for another time but to throw a wounded person out on the street, and especially one how are not used to life on Earth, that is trying to get her killed."
Narim said and he sounded quite shocked.

However, the Chief said she knew something important as well, and that is likely the real reason for such a harsh action. We searched for her and finally tracked her down though she'd been out in the cold with no defenses or resources to her name." He looked down at his teacup, looking angry but not at anyone in the room, at the memory. "She was found by a local gang leader...I paid him off and found that he had been about to..rape her and instead found her state as rebis so unappealing he nearly beat her to death." His hand tightened on the cup and then he continued. "However, he did tell us where he'd left her and we were able to find her from there.

"Ah yes, I susuapected Miss Marcov was a rebis, but I did not think it was my place to ask, have only met her a few times, I commissioned an alloy for a computer I was building a while back. I see it is horrible what this thug did at least she kept her honor though."
The Virtual Adept said and it was clear that he was getting more and more dismayed at what he was hearing.

"Though wounded, she told me as much as she could...which was this: that about two months ago, Vittoria D'Angelo had come into the Chantry in something of a state, sick and tired but with no markings on her. Nico was told not to tell anyone. She just thought she had gone out for drinks.

"Well it is a reasonable enough assumption, a highly respected enforcer would not want the whole Chantry to know she came home drunk but I have a feeling you will tell me thins that will make me doubt that what was ailing the honorable Quaesitor was more than a drink or two to many after a merry night on the town."
The young Master of the Art said and raised an eyebrow.

A short while later, Nico was enlisted to help Deacon Dupuis make his longevity potion, which is taken in three doses. She agreed and began helping with the potion, doing some of the groundwork on it. However, she said that she saw Vittoria D'Angelo tamper with the third portion of the longevity potion." He sighed and drank some of the tea.

"There have been talk about how Deacon Dupuis have change his whole behavior and personality as of late, become violent and unpredictable but...the Enforcer...this is troubling indeed, and Miss Marcov are sure of what she saw?"
Narim asked he looked quite shocked and worried, these where quite troubling news.
"I assume Jeffry then suspect D'Angelo for being the Nephandus he found trace of at Lux Itineris then? But that is impossible, before Miss Alexander was...well Mr Wainwright managed to stall for time by a ploy that forced Master Tolle to examine Miss D'Angelo's Avatar, if she had been Fallen, even if we look past the fact that she is an fanatical Nephandi hunter, if she had been Fallen surly Master Tolle would have found out then?"
The Virtual Adept said then he looked at Colin.
"I was not there witnessing this, but did anyone see Master Tolle actually examining the Enforcer's Avatar?"

He sighed and drank some of the tea. "Thankfully, we were able to get her back before...well, it was very close. We took an umbral path to save time and Master Nassa healed most of her serious wounds, but for the whipping which will need antibiotics. Someone tried to heal her, though inexpertly and so the new working would not take. I will ask Richard to check on her and see if he can provide the antibiotics.

"Good, we should make sure Miss Macov get the best care we can provide, not only do she not deserve such violence but her magickal skills are rare and very valuable to the Traditions, there are not many actual artificers left anymore."

Given she had head wounds, she may not remember what had happened...I am glad that she is alive of course but we need to be careful who knows she is here. We have hedge wizards from Lux Iternis and though they may not be directly involved, it would be natural for them to talk about someone of their own Chantry, either in concern or confusion...the Nephandi already know too much as it is."

"I agree we should keep her presence here a secret to anyone but those who need to know, someone wanted her dead, let us not give them another chance to finish the job."
Narim agreed then he sigh.
"Is there anything else you can tell me about this Adley? I guess the Deacon Council have to need to have a talk about this, it is not good news, not good news at all."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:57 pm

I can sing her song and i have already done so. I've seen her avatar as a black dog, but a beautiful dog. And her song was like the paces of many animals and the song of the leaves falling down. I don't think nephandi have that kind of song. he said. The better he had found was beatrice's song, and it was just sad, creepy at moments.

SHe's 17, and i found her walking around the beach, hanging out with her friends and looking at some undines. She told me she thought she was crazy, seeing things, but when i started playing with the undines, she saw me and came to me. I have no reason to belive something different.
She also was a little scared of comming, but she needs it or she'll be in danger.

She told me she awakened in a fire. She invoqued a fire elemental who got her out of it, but burnt her heavily.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:12 am

Colin nodded to Adley as he sat down and sipped his tea, "I'd assume Master Steelhaven is up, unless he went to bed again after I visited; I went straight up to see him after I brought the courier here, after all. Anyway, I'll gladly come along to meet the Danbrocks. Raymond's a fine boy, what I've seen of him - that can only reflect well upon them, considering the circumstances."
He frowned at the description of what had been done to Nico, and raised his hand, "I'm sorry... Rebis? I vaguely recall seeing that word somewhere... are you saying she's some sort of, er, alchemical amalgam? A sort of construct?"
He pondered, "It... doesn't add up that Vittoria D'Angelo would tamper with Deacon Dupuis' longevity potion... And while I must acknowledge there are no witnesses to Master Tolle's examination of D'Angelo's Avatar, as I had to agree on granting her a certain measure of privacy and dignity under the circumstances, I find it highly implausible that he would not have noticed something like that when he scanned her for Resonance. Which means that either D'Angelo would have had to - quite rapidly - tamper with Tolle's mind, which seems an unlikely explanation, or Tolle was a co-conspirator, which judging by his quick dismissal of the ritual when Adley presented new findings, seems even more unlikely."
He sipped the tea again, thinking out loud, "While I'll admit, I partially suspected D'Angelo of some Entropic Resonance, Master Tolle seemed... almost purely Static. Another matter to consider is this: If D'Angelo and Master Tolle were conspiring with the Nephandi, why in the world would they want to remove Beatrice's Avatar from the equation? If I understand correctly, a Widderslainte is needed for the ritual they're planning, and destroying one beforehand would be... well, shooting themselves in the foot."
He slowly set the teacup down, eyes glittering slightly, "Wait, wait... this could be a shell game... Miss Marcov said she found Vittoria D'Angelo tampering with the potion? It is possible she saw D'Angelo investigating the brewing equipment for any signs of tampering instead? Or perhaps... Adley, you've spoken with Miss Marcov; would you say it seems plausible that someone wearing a superficial - but accurate - disguise as someone else would deceive her? Such as, say, someone with nefarious intent, magically disguised to look like Vittoria D'Angelo to shift the blame as they snuck into the laboratory to tamper with a potion in production?"
He frowned, "Now I'm actually defending D'Angelo... this weekend has taken some very unexpected turns."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:07 am

Colin nodded to Adley as he sat down and sipped his tea, "I'd assume Master Steelhaven is up, unless he went to bed again after I visited; I went straight up to see him after I brought the courier here, after all. Anyway, I'll gladly come along to meet the Danbrocks. Raymond's a fine boy, what I've seen of him - that can only reflect well upon them, considering the circumstances."

"Thank you. Bringing them food might not go amiss...and I'd like to get back to have a word with Mr Bergen...we'll see how time goes though."

"Ah yes, I susuapected Miss Marcov was a rebis, but I did not think it was my place to ask, have only met her a few times, I commissioned an alloy for a computer I was building a while back. I see it is horrible what this thug did at least she kept her honor though."
He frowned at the description of what had been done to Nico, and raised his hand, "I'm sorry... Rebis? I vaguely recall seeing that word somewhere... are you saying she's some sort of, er, alchemical amalgam? A sort of construct?"

"From what she explained to be briefly and my studies...a rebis is a dual being, the male and female in divine unity in one body, not a common existence now and not very popular due to it being associated with the Solificato Heylel Teomim." He added, "Perhaps using 'she' as a pronoun is not quite accurate...at any rate, I would not bring it up but...at least it spared her rape, yet she was attacked for it so severely..."

"There have been talk about how Deacon Dupuis have change his whole behavior and personality as of late, become violent and unpredictable but...the Enforcer...this is troubling indeed, and Miss Marcov are sure of what she saw?" Narim asked he looked quite shocked and worried, these where quite troubling news. "I assume Jeffry then suspect D'Angelo for being the Nephandus he found trace of at Lux Itineris then? But that is impossible, before Miss Alexander was...well Mr Wainwright managed to stall for time by a ploy that forced Master Tolle to examine Miss D'Angelo's Avatar, if she had been Fallen, even if we look past the fact that she is an fanatical Nephandi hunter, if she had been Fallen surly Master Tolle would have found out then?"

"He did not speak a Name, as he was not yet sure and did not wish to speculate. The message was that there were Nephandi hiding in Lux Iternis, and then he found that someone resonated with that large amount of tass...and that he had detected traces of Qlippothic workings. When Nico first knew I was there, one of the first things she said was that 'she tampered with it,' and then from there I asked her who did, whose potion...she told me as I explained. I will of course provide a written account if I can and once the Primus is available, he can take my statement but I thought best to put the knowledge in your hands."

He pondered, "It... doesn't add up that Vittoria D'Angelo would tamper with Deacon Dupuis' longevity potion... And while I must acknowledge there are no witnesses to Master Tolle's examination of D'Angelo's Avatar, as I had to agree on granting her a certain measure of privacy and dignity under the circumstances, I find it highly implausible that he would not have noticed something like that when he scanned her for Resonance. Which means that either D'Angelo would have had to - quite rapidly - tamper with Tolle's mind, which seems an unlikely explanation, or Tolle was a co-conspirator, which judging by his quick dismissal of the ritual when Adley presented new findings, seems even more unlikely."

"I don't understand either. Though the Deacon has been acting strangely. We should not assume however D'Angelo had gone through a caul or otherwise interacted with enough Qlippothic magick for it to affect her avatar enough to be detected. Perhaps she was being influenced in some other way..."

He sipped the tea again, thinking out loud, "While I'll admit, I partially suspected D'Angelo of some Entropic Resonance, Master Tolle seemed... almost purely Static. Another matter to consider is this: If D'Angelo and Master Tolle were conspiring with the Nephandi, why in the world would they want to remove Beatrice's Avatar from the equation? If I understand correctly, a Widderslainte is needed for the ritual they're planning, and destroying one beforehand would be... well, shooting themselves in the foot."

"Yes; but Beatrice is not your average widderslainte either. Perhaps they want to get rid of her as they did Susanna, because they are different. And perhaps why they wanted Raymond for the ritual. I am speculating here, of course..."

He slowly set the teacup down, eyes glittering slightly, "Wait, wait... this could be a shell game... Miss Marcov said she found Vittoria D'Angelo tampering with the potion? It is possible she saw D'Angelo investigating the brewing equipment for any signs of tampering instead? Or perhaps... Adley, you've spoken with Miss Marcov; would you say it seems plausible that someone wearing a superficial - but accurate - disguise as someone else would deceive her? Such as, say, someone with nefarious intent, magically disguised to look like Vittoria D'Angelo to shift the blame as they snuck into the laboratory to tamper with a potion in production?"

"It's possible that someone might have taken a likeness of D'Angelo in order to discredit her or that she was investigating it, perhaps and Nico saw her - it was hard to communicate with Nico, she had head wounds and was fading quickly. But the fact she was thrown out to die lends credence she was not supposed to see it. Tampering came mean a lot of things but I think she would know how the potion was supposed to be done. Perhaps she can answer more clearly when she wakes up. Though she was desperate for anyone to believe her, thinking that she was of low status and would not be believed but tried to tell the Chief anyway..." he frowned. "Plausible? I don't know. There's not enough information...we do know that she saw D'Angelo acting strangely...as if drunk. Or...sapped? We know that she saw her do something to the potion, and that since taking those potions, the Deacon has not been acting normally. We know someone resonated with the tass, but my pater was reluctant to Voice it; perhaps he will change his mind." Adley looked thoughtful. "More speculation, the D'Angelos are twins. Assuming it is really her and not a ruse, the leverage point might be there, whether magickal or coercive; I hope not, as he is on Horizon and that would greatly extend the reach of this infiltration. Perhaps we should check on Mr Bachmier and see if anything has been amiss."

He frowned, "Now I'm actually defending D'Angelo... this weekend has taken some very unexpected turns."

"You are trying to find out the truth, which is important when it comes to accusing people of high crimes and conspiracies. We don't want to waste what little time we have chasing red herrings or point the finger at the wrong person. It would only strengthen the Nephandi's hold and they hardly need it."

"Is there anything else you can tell me about this Adley? I guess the Deacon Council have to need to have a talk about this, it is not good news, not good news at all."

He looked thoughtful as if trying to recall anything he'd forgotten. So much kept happening in so short a time..."Only that when we went through the umbral path, we saw that all the spirits were either stirred up and wandering or on the move. I have never seen anything like it. We need to proceed carefully with our intelligence now that our ally has been compromised." He looked fairly dismayed at the state of Lux Iternis and the Order in general, at the state of their own Chantry and the fact that the attack was coming soon. He took a deep breath and then added, "If I think of more I will tell you as soon as I can."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:47 am

Tane:

I can sing her song and i have already done so. I've seen her avatar as a black dog, but a beautiful dog. And her song was like the paces of many animals and the song of the leaves falling down. I don't think nephandi have that kind of song. he said. The better he had found was beatrice's song, and it was just sad, creepy at moments.

"I am not sure what knowing someone's song means Mr Karyak, but if you mean you have seen her essence and Avatar and she seam to have an animal spirit then no that do not sound corrupted, it sound like she is a candidate for the Verbena or your own Tradition."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"Still I would like to do a numerological analysis of her Avatar myself, just to be on the safe side, that will not harm her, at most it will bore her as she see me sitting there doing calculations.
The old mage said with a bit of a grin.

SHe's 17, and i found her walking around the beach, hanging out with her friends and looking at some undines. She told me she thought she was crazy, seeing things, but when i started playing with the undines, she saw me and came to me. I have no reason to belive something different.
She also was a little scared of comming, but she needs it or she'll be in danger.

"Many who Awaken on their own with no guidance believe they are crazy or are told they are until they believe it themselves, it is sad but such is the world the Technocracy have made for us all. Certainly everything sounds like this is a young woman who have Awakened on her own and are in need of her help and yes we need to help her before one of the other factions pick her up or worse kill her, or she get herself enough Paradox to harm herself. I will need her name though, I want to have Master Sharaya do a proper background check on her, but yes do take her to me and I will have a look at her and if her story checks out we will find her a good mentor."

She told me she awakened in a fire. She invoqued a fire elemental who got her out of it, but burnt her heavily.

"She have a talent with spirits then, most interesting, most interesting indeed."
Jeffry said and nodded.

Colin and Adley:

Narim glanced at Colin and decided to answer this.
"No Mr Wainwright they are not constructs. A construct would be someone like the Matriarch, the ruler of the slave camps at Mecha, an Awakened artificial intelligence, or the oh so famous Frankenstein's Monster. A Rebis is a perfect alchemical hermaphrodite, they are born as two individuals, a male and a female and generally Awaken on their own individually but they usually never get far in their magick, and they always feel that something is missing. Fate then lead the two together and when they meet they blend together into one creature, mind body and soul, creating a perfect, joined being. Rebis are rare now due to Paradox but in places like Horizon they still show up from time to time, alchemists revere them as the Child of the Egg, one of their most powerful symbols, but others int he Traditions distrust them since Heylel Teomim Thoabath was one such creature and violence against rebi are not uncommon."
The young Master of the Art said.
"I find them fascinating myself and have had a chance to talk with one, a old Solificati Master of the Art, a very wise and kind person indeed, through he have since gone the path George now prepare for and left in search of the Oracels to become a Postulant."

"I find it unlikely that Master Tolle would take part in any conspiracy Mr Wainwright, I have met the man before, my mentor have argued with him, he is like a thunderstorm you can not argue with him, but he do uphold the law with a near fanatical fervor. In fact I assume you have heard about the Mark Gillan case? Well Mater Porthos Fitz-Empress have indicated he want the man on the Seat of Forces so the sitting Primus issued an order for his arrest. Tolle was one of the few who spoke up against the Seat of Forces saying that Gillan's crimes where minor at best and claiming that the order for his arrest where a political ploy and refusing to carrying it out. In his way Master Tolle is honorable, though he is not an easy man to like."

He sipped the tea again, thinking out loud, "While I'll admit, I partially suspected D'Angelo of some Entropic Resonance, Master Tolle seemed... almost purely Static.

"I would agree with that Mr Wainwright, and yes I do suspect D'Angelo of having some Entropic Resonance as well but that is not uncommon, most likely the Chief have some as well, that do not a Nephandi agent make."

Another matter to consider is this: If D'Angelo and Master Tolle were conspiring with the Nephandi, why in the world would they want to remove Beatrice's Avatar from the equation? If I understand correctly, a Widderslainte is needed for the ritual they're planning, and destroying one beforehand would be... well, shooting themselves in the foot."

"Yes that is a very good point Mr Wainwright."
Narim said.
"No it do not add up but at the same time D'Angelo are a fanatic who would do anything to hunt down widderslainte, and a fanatical mind, is an unguarded mind."

He slowly set the teacup down, eyes glittering slightly, "Wait, wait... this could be a shell game... Miss Marcov said she found Vittoria D'Angelo tampering with the potion? It is possible she saw D'Angelo investigating the brewing equipment for any signs of tampering instead?

"It is possible I have not spoken with Miss Marov on this matter but she do seam to be a fairly skilled chemist and would probably be able to tell the difference and if that is what Mater D'Angelo was doing why would she not then just tell Miss Marcov?"

Or perhaps... Adley, you've spoken with Miss Marcov; would you say it seems plausible that someone wearing a superficial - but accurate - disguise as someone else would deceive her? Such as, say, someone with nefarious intent, magically disguised to look like Vittoria D'Angelo to shift the blame as they snuck into the laboratory to tamper with a potion in production?"

"I will not answer for Adley but I will say that magick can make some fairly believable disguises that is would be hard for anyone to spot."
Narim said and sipped his tea.

"He did not speak a Name, as he was not yet sure and did not wish to speculate. The message was that there were Nephandi hiding in Lux Iternis, and then he found that someone resonated with that large amount of tass...and that he had detected traces of Qlippothic workings. When Nico first knew I was there, one of the first things she said was that 'she tampered with it,' and then from there I asked her who did, whose potion...she told me as I explained. I will of course provide a written account if I can and once the Primus is available, he can take my statement but I thought best to put the knowledge in your hands."

"I would like one of the written accounts that the Primus can create, just for the record."
Narim said then he added.
"If it is not a to uncomfortable prospect Adley, I do know you value your privacy, if possibly we should have one of Miss Marcov as well if she remember what happens once she wakes up, such statements are better documentation of an event than mere words. Hum...it do seam to me that Miss Marcov was pretty upset about what she had seen if that was the first thing on her mind in the state you found her in, you did say she was near death did you not? That do give credence to her statement."

"I don't understand either. Though the Deacon has been acting strangely. We should not assume however D'Angelo had gone through a caul or otherwise interacted with enough Qlippothic magick for it to affect her avatar enough to be detected. Perhaps she was being influenced in some other way..."

"If she was merely influenced in some way that means that even if Master D'Angelo is the guilty party then we still have a infiltrator at our allies' Chantry for you have to be Fallen to use Qlippothic Spheres that you say Jeffry found traces of."
Narim said and looked quite concerned.

"Yes; but Beatrice is not your average widderslainte either. Perhaps they want to get rid of her as they did Susanna, because they are different. And perhaps why they wanted Raymond for the ritual. I am speculating here, of course..."

"There are strong evidence that Miss Florentine did indeed cleanse her Avatar. I have not seen her before and after scans but I know Cita Telar and there is no one better at what do do in the Traditions, if she say the woman was cleansed I believe her...and if a method to cleanse the Fallen where known then that would be a greater weapon again the Nephandi than any fireball, it would be taking their soldiers from under their noses, in fact if such a method became known it is possible that the Traditions could hunt down Fallen children not to destroy them as we do now but to cleanse them and add them to our own ranks, their past life memories becoming invaluable intelligence in the war, it would be a nightmare for the Nephandi and well worth sacrificing a few Avatars for. However Vittoria D'Angelo have been hunting widderslainte for years and have destroyed the Avatar of many, most of them children."
Narim said in a grave tone of voice.
"Not that such acts would not taint a mage's Resonance a bit to though."

"More speculation, the D'Angelos are twins. Assuming it is really her and not a ruse, the leverage point might be there, whether magickal or coercive; I hope not, as he is on Horizon and that would greatly extend the reach of this infiltration. Perhaps we should check on Mr Bachmier and see if anything has been amiss."

"Not just twins if rumor is to be believed Adley, twin souls, many think the D'Angelos share an Avatar or that their Avatars are conjoined, it is not confirmed but it means they are very close and are not likely to need a physical medium to communicate with one another, if it is true off course."

He looked thoughtful as if trying to recall anything he'd forgotten. So much kept happening in so short a time..."Only that when we went through the umbral path, we saw that all the spirits were either stirred up and wandering or on the move. I have never seen anything like it. If I think of more I will tell you as soon as I can."

"The Umbroods are on the move? Yes Cita commented this morning that the Umbrood population seamed to be acting strangely, perhaps they are sensing what the Nephandi are doing and are trying to get out of the way like animals getting out before an Earthquake hits?"
Narim speculated.
"Very well if you find out anything more or remember anything then do tell me."
He said and gave you a friendly smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:34 am

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "The Divine Hermaphrodite, right... now, which book was that in? Oh, sorry, I've encountered the term before, but thought little of it; I knew it was some sort of alchemical perfection, but I couldn't recall what sort. Hm... Well, there's always the singular 'they' if in doubt, I suppose."
He leaned back in his chair, "Hmmm... Considering Lux Itineris apparently is infiltrated to an unknown extent, we should not simply assume it is made possible by some sloppy security work there. We should acknowledge that it might be the case here, as well. I propose a temporary lockdown of Chantry Steelhaven Hall, with a systematic examination of everyone."
He thought for an instant, "Well, excepting our guests in the basement, of course, and I suppose we could extend the benefit of the doubt to the Danbrocks, as well. As an alternative to individual examinations... is it possible to perform a resonance scan of the whole building, top to bottom, to check for anything above trace levels of the relevant resonance?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:39 am

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "The Divine Hermaphrodite, right... now, which book was that in? Oh, sorry, I've encountered the term before, but thought little of it; I knew it was some sort of alchemical perfection, but I couldn't recall what sort. Hm... Well, there's always the singular 'they' if in doubt, I suppose."

"I am not an expert on Alchemy but I do think it is the third or forth refinement process in the Great Work which is symbolized by the hermaphrodite and then again at the final one. Some Solificati have just taken the symbolism very literally it seams, but then Miss Marcov is not a Solificati now is she?"

He leaned back in his chair, "Hmmm... Considering Lux Itineris apparently is infiltrated to an unknown extent, we should not simply assume it is made possible by some sloppy security work there. We should acknowledge that it might be the case here, as well. I propose a temporary lockdown of Chantry Steelhaven Hall, with a systematic examination of everyone."

Narim did not seam like he liked the idea but he nodded.
"I agree then at least we can be reasonably sure on whatever or not we to have a traitor amongst us. I can not make the decision for such a lock down alone though, the Council have to decide together, that or the Deacon Primus. Also such examinations should probably be done by two different people for each person to limit the chance that the examiner himself is corrupted."

He thought for an instant, "Well, excepting our guests in the basement, of course, and I suppose we could extend the benefit of the doubt to the Danbrocks, as well.

"Well it is not likely the Danbrocks are an issue no, and Mrs Danbrock is a Sleeper, everyone else though yes I agree we need to take some precautions."

As an alternative to individual examinations... is it possible to perform a resonance scan of the whole building, top to bottom, to check for anything above trace levels of the relevant resonance?"

"Yes it is possible however I dare bet that all three of the Chakravanti have Jhor in their system, almost all of their Tradition do, we might end up with some false positives and it is not necessary for a Fallen to have Jhor, I doubt Miss Alexander do for example."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:59 pm

Colin thought for a bit, "False positives, yes, but as you say, the three Chakravanti would have Jhor, we know about those, and we can probably make reasonable guesses as to where they might be, should we manage to perform some building-wide scan. But of much greater interest, as a hypothetical... would such a scan register entropic Tass? If Nephandi are in the building to conduct sabotage similar to that done in Lux Itineris, it stands to reason they might have brought some supplies to facilitate the corruption. Which means we might spot something telling in a private room or other location where it is highly unlikely we'd find our Chakravanti."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:16 pm

"Hum...yes that should not be a problem to measure what tass are in the bulding. Yes the reading will be overwhelmed by the Node but yes I should be able to write a program to sense both Entropic and corrupted tass and Quintessence in the vicinity."
"It would be a pretty foolish infiltrator that keep such on his person in a Traditionalist Chantry. Entropic yes, many use that but so Entropic as to be corrupted, such energies are illegal to possess...but it is worth a try."
The young Master of the Art said.
"No Adjan and his two Traditionmates are not likely to have tainted tass, yes such a scan could work Mr Wainwright."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:31 pm

Colin nodded, "And just to be on the safe side, no room should be exempt from the tass scan - not the cells, not my apartment, not Adley's, not even yours or Master Steelhaven's, just to make sure nobody's hidden it away... Finding any secreted tass is one thing; unless it is carried, we'll have to use other means to determine who placed it where. We... have a store of tass, as well, don't we? Best make sure that's not contaminated, either."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:03 pm

Narim nodded then he sigh.
"It is a good idea Mr Wainwright, but I have to confer with the other Deacons and especially Master Steelhaven about the legality of such a scan. I am a Virtual Adept, it is not illegal for me, however if any of the Hermetics where to take part in the scan then they run into the problem of the scrying clause of their Code. Scanning our tass stores yes, but using magick like that on other Chantry members, unless they give consent can be a red tape nightmare, so I have to find out if it is possible to do within the boundaries of law on a mainly Hermetic Chantry."
Narim explained and sipped his tea again.
"The Traditions can be complicated."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:56 pm

Colin nodded, "What do you think, Adley? Is there an emergency bylaw or somesuch loophole you're aware of that can be immediately applied without conferring with the others?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:39 pm

OOC: Then we are at 50 pages again and it is time to do a summary and make a new gaming thread. I do hope I am not forgetting anything in this summary.

Colin and Adley went to fetch Hannah Larson and they are able to talk her into coming with them back to Steelhaven, on the way back however they notice three Nephandi who are following them and nothing knowing what else to do they flee to the Belle Isle Marsh Reservation where the Verbena have their Life Tree as they notice something dark, a lesser Outsider Thing is following them and they hope the protections around the Tree will keep them safe until Chief Morgan can help them. The Outsider Thing bring out doubts and fears in the tree mages, Colin get confronted with his worries around Patrick Dale, while Adley get filled with doubts on whatever or not he was jealous of his dead brother while Hannah s wrecked with guilt over the loss of her lover Felix who surrendered to the Traditions a few years earlier. The Life Tree do keep the Outsider Thing at bay but the three mages get attacked by Nephandi. Colin manage to call for help from the Verbena and the shapeshifter Duncan is sent by Amadeus to offer assistance. The Traditionalists win the following battle, though Colin get wounded. Two Nephandi die but the third a nasty piece of work named Diego survives and get taken captive. Chief Morgan arrives and defeat the Outsider Thing. Duncan heals Colin and they all make it back to Steelhaven with Hannah and the prisoner.

On the way back Adley manages to talk Hannah into revealing more details about the Labyrinth, though she greatly fear that her frind June will be captured and Gilgulled by the Traditionalists. June is Diego's battered apprentice. Hannah tells Adley the location of the Labyrinth and also that she and the Caul are twin souls as it was made out of her own twin brother, and she greatly want to end his suffering, but in doing so she might end up dying herself, just as her death might kill the Caul.

Colin enters a Seeking where he have what might be a vision of the future where he is in a Umbral battle over Horizon where he meets Beatrice's reincarnation, the handler of a Nephandi Battle cruiser, he pass the Seeking when he tricks the girl into trusting him and then kill her, but he now greatly fear that the Technocracy raid on Steelhaven he saw in his vision will come to pass, a rain in which Beatrice Alexander dies.

Tane suggests for Amadeus that he can sing to manifest Beatrice's Avatar and the Verbena Master agrees but only if the Dreamspeaker try the method on him first so he can see if it is safe, Tane learns that Amadeus have two Avatars, a main one and a companion and that the companion give him very detailed past life memories. Tane show Beatrice her Avatar which calms the girl as she is now sure that it is there and will heal though she is still in excruciating pain. Tane also have a long discussion on Avatars with Cita Telar and she agree to teach him more about them if it is possible given the differences in their Paradigms. Tane also promises to donate some of his Avatar to help heal Beatrice if a Primordial Nephandus can not be captured and used as a donor. Later he get a call from Coawa who have found a wounded Ananasi who might have knowledge of the Fomori they are both hunting. Tane went to Henrietta Day to get advice on ho to help the werespider. Right now Tane is talking with Jeffry Morgan about brining Lily Gray to Steelhaven. Tane is still at Friday morning.

Back at Steelhaven Adley and several other Chantry members get to sleep in a time bubble made by Ryan Darehill so they can get eight hours of sleep for one hour spent. While sleeping Adley have a past life memory where he see a former life let his best friend ride to his fate, a Tremere called to a meeting of his House right after the war with Diedne.

Colin wakes up from the Seeking and in his Epiphany he is cared for by Freddy. The relationship between Colin and Freddy deepen and he also remember that in the future reality he saw in his Seeking he and the Virtual Adept was married and had three children. Colin have later learned that things he saw in his Seeking is correct and is now worried about that.

A group from Steelhaen go to intercept the car the Nephandi are having supplies delivered with. The supplies turn out to be badly corrupted tass. The Traditionalists walk into a trap when stopping the car and there is a battle that the Traditionalists win, but not before several members of the Chantry gets badly wounded. Adley are held hostage by June, but when she realize that Jeffry will not give her the corrupted tass, not even to save his apprentice she spares his life and she and several other Nephandi escape. Laster she sends a text to Hannah where she say she fear she will be tortured to death by the other Nephandi for sparing Adley and not trying to go for the tass. Narim have Hannah's phone so she have not gotten June's message. It is also clear that June is in love with Hannah. Jeffry go to Lux Itineris to get help in destroying the corrupted tass while Adley go back to Steelhaven with the wounded. Amadeus and Duncan do mage to heal the wounded mages.

Jeffry return and he can tell of having felt Qlippothic magick at Lux Itineris, and also that Nico Marcov have had something important to tell him but before he could meet up with her it was discovered that she was the one who warned Adley that the Spirit Masters where coming for Beatrice and she was flogged and ten abandoned on the street to fend for herself without her tools. Aldey and Jeffry go to save Nico and eventually find her, a street thug had tried to rape her and had gotten angry when he discovered that she is a hermaphrodite and he nearly beat her to death. Jeffry and Adley go through the Umbra to get Nico to a healer quickly however they find that many of the city's spirits seam to know something is up and they are leaving the city like rabbits fleeing a forest fire. Amadeus saves Nico and she is now in Steelhaven's care. Nico said that she had been asked to help with Alphonse's Longevity potion however she had seen Vittoria D'Angelo tampering with it.

Adley and Colin go to see Raymond in the cells. Jeffry gets some rest but he is planning to offer the boy an apprenticeship to give him a chance to avoid Gilgul. Later the two of them talk about Colin's Seeking. Colin have spoken with George about it and made a transcript of his experience. He is planning to send out copies of the transcripts to those who could have use of it and also to try to make a plan to thwart a possible Technocracy attack following the conflict with the Nephandi.

Adley and Colin are currently discussing the situation with Narim Sharaya.

Adley, Colin and Tane each get 3 exp each for this thread. Everyone else get 1 exp each.

Colin since he have a half remembered alternative life, or rather small pieces of that life get the secondary skill Umbra Ship Piloting at one dot for free. This skill is not mentioned in the books but then the sections on Umbra ships are small and far between but I would assume you use something to pilot them. This is a secondary skill so it cost half of normal skills to upgrade.

Great gaming everyone.

Here is a link to the new gaming thread:

http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com/t64-the-traitor-conflicts-and-foiling-the-nephandi-s-plans-ic-thread-6#4230 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic View next topic Back to top