The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Aswadim, Hope and Despair IC Thread 5

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:07 am

The...thing in the Umbra was enraged that it had missed Adley's Avatar and it tried again, and again it could not reach into the plane it was on and actually touch it, which clearly frustrated it to no end, would it eventually be able to reach it goal, perhaps, or perhaps it would give up and go after other, more accessible parts of the Hermetic. The horrible nothingness just stared at the Hermetic, there was not really hate in that stare, it was not malice as you knew it, just malice that would be easy to comprehend, even a serial killer it was possible to in some ways understand, no this thing's motivations was beyond that, they where something beyond what a human mind could grasp but one thing was clear it was not friendly. You do manage to keep control though both of your own emotions and the burning rage of your Avatar who just want to burn this thing until it no longer exist. What you do see is that the creature is not fully there, it is looking at your through the Gauntlet yes but seam to have to use your rote to peer into the Umbra to affect you back, it do not appear able to cross the Gauntlet on it's own, not yet at least.

"What are you seeing Mr Roth Hicks?"
Hannah said and glanced at Adley.
"It do seam like you have found out what my mother's goons sent after us?"

Colin you drive towards the marshes, there is quite a bit of traffic on the road but the drive is not very far it will still take you some time to get there though yes if you had to deal with whatever Adley was seeing then that forested area was probably the best place for it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:56 pm

"What are you seeing Mr Roth Hicks?" Hannah said and glanced at Adley. "It do seam like you have found out what my mother's goons sent after us?"
Colin: Glancing sideways at Adley's reaction to looking for the pursuing spirit, he unlocked and handed over his phone, "Here, I've got most of our top brass in the contacts list - if you need help, choose carefully."

He had begun to sweat, controlling the heat inside of him and the horror of what he could not quite see but present and attacking, but it was clear that whatever it was that he was seeing was -very bad,- totally alien, the joke about Cthulhu earlier not so funny anymore. It was Colin and Hannah that helped bring him back to action. They had to do something before that thing succeeded. The only person he was sure would know who could get rid of such a powerful spirit was his pater - whether that be the hedge wizards (and unlucky for them to have to help deal with it) or someone else, so when Colin shoved the phone at him, it broke through his fear and he pushed call to him first, ready to make the call a multi-call if he had to. He also got ready to thickenin the Umbral barrier to keep that thing away from them.

//Just to make sure I got what you were explaining, Anja, for the thing to attack them through the Umbra, it's piggybacking on Adley's rote that he's using to see, right? He'd assume by the same token, summoning something in to help could let it bust its way in by the same trick. Also, how out of class is this thing for them, by Adley's reckoning? IE, how 'powerful' is it and what might he know about it, if anything?
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:31 pm

You call your mentor and after a couple of rings the man answered, always in a formal way.
"Yes this is Jeffry Morgan how may I help you?"
The old mage said then he added.
"Jeffry is that you? This is the number of the phone you are using at the moment right?"

Beside you in the back seat Hannah looked worried she was clearly sensing something.
"Bad enough to call for backup I see."
The Orphan commented and her hands begun to move into complicated symbols, they where similar but not the same as she ones you had seen Amadeus use, they where closer to the hand gestures your mentor worked his magick with.

(OOC: Yes the entity do appear to be piggybacking on Adley's own rote, so using more rotes though the Umbra are likely to give it more access. Here is the thing the spirit is not THAT powerful, it is a lesser meajin, again wrong spelling, so it is about at a Jaggeling level meaning it do not outclass the Adley and the two others that much it is just very, very wrong. Imagine if the theory that there where many universes before this one, and that each of them where wrong so God destroyed when where right. That concept in Cabala is where qlippothic comes from, now these universes would be pretty alien but let us say you pull a pit bull from one of those universes and put it into ours, it would still not be that much more powerful than a regular pit bull but it would be very very wrong. In this case this is a being of pure Entropy from outside of reality. Now can Adley kill this entity now, defend himself against it, perhaps and perhaps not, it is hard to know, but if it wins you can be sure what it will do to the mages will be quite horrible. He will have heard though that the powerful ones of these beings can not touch physical reality, so it have to be a pretty weak one.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:11 pm

Colin glanced at the rear view mirror, catching perhaps the edge of Hannah's gestures, "Calling for backup and taking a detour, I'm afraid - I'm taking us somewhere else until our pursuer is dissuaded; all I can hope is that there is nothing there more hostile toward us than toward whatever that thing is."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:35 pm

You do catch Hannah's hand movements, they are less elaborate then those that Chief Morgen uses, they are more like a combination between that and the more simple gestures the two Diedne uses.
"I am setting up some defenses, just in case we are in trouble."
Hannah explain when she see your eyes glance at her hands in the mirror.
"The marshes? I have heard some rumors that there are werewolves there, that and a Coven of Verbena."
The Orphan commented dryly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:37 pm

"Yes this is Jeffry Morgan how may I help you?...

Adley broke in with uncharacteristic rudeness, voice sounding furious and wary, full of inflection, as if he simultaneously wanted to kill something and take a more prudent route. "There is a lesser outsider spirit riding our ass as we drive, piggybacking my rote to see into the Umbra and attacking our avatars. Might need help to get rid of it completely. If I stop looking, it may wait until it finds some other way..."

Beside you in the back seat Hannah looked worried she was clearly sensing something. "Bad enough to call for backup I see." The Orphan commented and her hands begun to move into complicated symbols
"Calling for backup and taking a detour, I'm afraid - I'm taking us somewhere else until our pursuer is dissuaded; all I can hope is that there is nothing there more hostile toward us than toward whatever that thing is."
"I am setting up some defenses, just in case we are in trouble." Hannah explain when she see your eyes glance at her hands in the mirror. "The marshes? I have heard some rumors that there are werewolves there, that and a Coven of Verbena." The Orphan commented dryly.

It was hard to take his attention off of that thing that was after them, like watching a tiger preparing for attack so he could defend. But he saw Hannha working something, a ward he hoped, and her comment. All they needed was werewolves. That would just be the icing on their serving of shit-cake. "Heading towards marshes, in necessity to confront it."

He moved his head so he could address Hannah for a moment. "Spiritual defenses are good, thicken the Gauntlet so it can't reach through. Don't look at it, unless you have to," he cautioned. Giving it one avenue was bad enough but two...plus, he was still unsettled that it was actually just -existing- where it should not. He had no idea what it might do to Hannah.

// Thank you! Something you'd expect only the Void Engineers to make contact with, I imagine. I got that it was some kind of void/outsider thing but I'm not versed on the werewolf terms or even all the Mage ones for spirits. Which is fine, since I was wondering what Adley knew/how he put it into context anyway.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:42 pm

Colin nodded, "Further entrenchment, good... I was not aware of the Verbena coven there, though. If we're exceptionally lucky, one of those werewolves might intercept our unbidden companion without bothering us. But let's not count on that, and just hope we at least get a suitably isolated battlefield where we can cut loose without being seen by every Tom, Dick and Harry in Boston."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:50 am

Adley broke in with uncharacteristic rudeness, voice sounding furious and wary, full of inflection, as if he simultaneously wanted to kill something and take a more prudent route. "There is a lesser outsider spirit riding our ass as we drive, piggybacking my rote to see into the Umbra and attacking our avatars. Might need help to get rid of it completely. If I stop looking, it may wait until it finds some other way..."

"Oh perfect, I had so hoped this would happen today."
Jeffry grunted after a short outburst in Latin that would make old Tytali blush, but while the old mage sounded angry there was plenty of worry in the old mage's voice.
"Drop your rote, if that thing is using it to affect you then at least do not make it easier for it. Instead you need to strengthen the Gauntlet if you can though doing it to a significant degree might be to complicated for you. If need be then attack it, such a being is not more powerful than another lesser Spirit but it do have the potential to do allot more damage due to it being the enemy of anything good, and pure and right, oh and it is likely to enrage that Umbrood shard within you so be careful and do not let it overwhelm your reason."
The old mage said and you heard him snatching up the keys to his car.

It was hard to take his attention off of that thing that was after them, like watching a tiger preparing for attack so he could defend. But he saw Hannha working something, a ward he hoped, and her comment. All they needed was werewolves. That would just be the icing on their serving of shit-cake. "Heading towards marshes, in necessity to confront it."

"The marshes good, go there, do you know where the Verbena meet? That place have quite a few protections woven over it."
Jeffry said then he continued.
"If you do not know where it is then open yourself to feel for Quintessence they have the tree there that are a huge communal tass storage for the Coven...go there and try to fend this thing of until I get there. I will be driving we will need our teleporters I do not want them to get to much Paradox but if things really go south I will try to transport myself to your location though it is hardly a part of reality I am skilled at."
The old mage continued and you hear him moving quickly through the Chantry and stopping at some point to tell someone he could not solve their problem right then and there.
"Oh and for heaven's sake do not damage the witches' tree or heads will roll when they find out also they are linked to it in some way as if it is their communal familiar, so harming it might harm them, however like I said the place is protected."
Jeffry said then he added.
"Oh and while you are in those woods, if you should happen upon a Node...run it belongs to the lupines and they do not take kindly to our kind snooping around their Nodes, though in a last ditch effort to deal with that thing after you...well those shapeshifters will hate it even more than you do, they might stop to battle it allowing your group the time to escape...and I do stress might. It is best to avoid them all together if possible."

He moved his head so he could address Hannah for a moment. "Spiritual defenses are good, thicken the Gauntlet so it can't reach through. Don't look at it, unless you have to," he cautioned. Giving it one avenue was bad enough but two...plus, he was still unsettled that it was actually just -existing- where it should not. He had no idea what it might do to Hannah.

"Mr Roth Hicks the don't look at its used to sing my lullaby when I was a baby and the unspeakable horrors braided my hair. I grew up in a Labyrinth remember."
Hannah muttered.
"But I am not looking at anything right now I am setting up wards and making a weapon that can hurt spirits."
The Orphan muttered, you saw the hand gesture for Vim in what she was doing the rest you are not sure of.
"I am not affecting the Umbra right now."

Colin nodded, "Further entrenchment, good... I was not aware of the Verbena coven there, though. If we're exceptionally lucky, one of those werewolves might intercept our unbidden companion without bothering us.

"Yeah for werewolves are known for their great and fuzzy love for mages."
Hannah muttered to Colin as she completed one working and begun another, whispering long Latin phrases as she moved her hands.

But let's not count on that, and just hope we at least get a suitably isolated battlefield where we can cut loose without being seen by every Tom, Dick and Harry in Boston."

"Well if we do not want to much Paradox that is a good idea, though I suspect that Consensual reality is even more appalled at the thing I am not to look at as your friend here put it, than he appear to be, and if it is from the Nephandi. Well let us just say anything in that category tend to attract Dox like crazy. I used to play chicken with this Fallen kid I grew up with. Anyway we would sneak out and do vulgar magick and see who got sick first. I always won, he always got massive backlashes when I hardly felt anything. Thinking back it was not wise, and mother was furious when she found out, but hey I was seven years old."
Hannah muttered and shrugged.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:51 am

"Drop your rote, if that thing is using it to affect you then at least do not make it easier for it. Instead you need to strengthen the Gauntlet if you can though doing it to a significant degree might be to complicated for you. If need be then attack it, such a being is not more powerful than another lesser Spirit but it do have the potential to do allot more damage due to it being the enemy of anything good, and pure and right, oh and it is likely to enrage that Umbrood shard within you so be careful and do not let it overwhelm your reason."

He cancelled the rote, muttering to himself in a drone before he spoke again to the Chief. At least his avatar would be glad he wasn't trying to see it. "That's why I called - not sure if the linears would have someone that could. Care to tell me how to attack something if I can't see it?" But if it materialised...and everyone could see it, far, far far worse. "And yes, I'm-very- aware of that...my avatar -also- wants that thing gone. Now." It was plain that he was agitated, more than normal...then again, it was hardly a normal situation. Normal had gone out the window several days before. Even so, he sounded short on temper as he was on social niceties.

"The marshes good, go there, do you know where the Verbena meet? That place have quite a few protections woven over it."
Jeffry said then he continued. "If you do not know where it is then open yourself to feel for Quintessence they have the tree there that are a huge communal tass storage for the Coven...go there and try to fend this thing of until I get there. I will be driving we will need our teleporters I do not want them to get to much Paradox but if things really go south I will try to transport myself to your location though it is hardly a part of reality I am skilled at."

"I wouldn't, it might pop its way through," he cautioned as he said he was going to try an Umbral transport. Then he backtracked, "We will find it," he said. He didn't like having to call him away from the Chantry. "Pater if there is someone else that should go..."

"Oh and for heaven's sake do not damage the witches' tree or heads will roll when they find out also they are linked to it in some way as if it is their communal familiar, so harming it might harm them, however like I said the place is protected."

"I'll do my best," he said.

"Oh and while you are in those woods, if you should happen upon a Node...run it belongs to the lupines and they do not take kindly to our kind snooping around their Nodes, though in a last ditch effort to deal with that thing after you...well those shapeshifters will hate it even more than you do, they might stop to battle it allowing your group the time to escape...and I do stress might. It is best to avoid them all together if possible."

"Business as usual there."

Mr Roth Hicks the don't look at its used to sing my lullaby when I was a baby and the unspeakable horrors braided my hair. I grew up in a Labyrinth remember." Hannah muttered. "But I am not looking at anything right now I am setting up wards and making a weapon that can hurt spirits."

"It's trying to get through to our avatars using rotes that perceive the Umbra," he repeated. "I don't want to give it another shot at succeeding," he said shortly. When his call was over he said, "We're going to head for the Verbena's tree in the marsh grounds. Do not harm it, obviously - but the area is protected and we should be able to bolster things from there. We need to hold out as long as we can until we get help. If we find a node, we leave, it's for the werewolves...but if things are at their worst, they -might- choose to attack it...before they go after us." Then he said to Colin, "Keep an eye on me. If I seem to want to attack it when I shouldn't or something equally stupid, try to stop me. And if you can't...stay clear."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:50 am

"That's why I called - not sure if the linears would have someone that could. Care to tell me how to attack something if I can't see it?"

"They might, I am not even sure if they are aware that something like this can exist, but I have seen some linear magi being able to handle spirits quite efficiently. Now as for how to attack it, well if not peering into the Umbra delay it's attack, you do not need to and when it breaks through you will see it, then you attack, what you want to do is bide for time for me to get there. You might be able to fend this thing off yourself Adley but I do not want to take any chances, and also you can not destroy it at your level of proficiency. Right now your goal is to keep your companions and yourself safe until help arrives, if you can fend it off then good but do not take any unnecessary chances."
The old mage explained on the phone.

But if it materialised...and everyone could see it, far, far far worse. "And yes, I'm-very- aware of that...my avatar -also- wants that thing gone. Now." It was plain that he was agitated, more than normal...then again, it was hardly a normal situation. Normal had gone out the window several days before. Even so, he sounded short on temper as he was on social niceties.

"Use that rage to keep yourself and the others alive and safe, but do not let it control you."
Jeffry advised though heeding that advice might not be the easiest at the moment with two spiritual entities screaming in your head for that thing in the Umbra's blood.

"I wouldn't, it might pop its way through," he cautioned as he said he was going to try an Umbral transport. Then he backtracked, "We will find it," he said. He didn't like having to call him away from the Chantry. "Pater if there is someone else that should go..."

"I would travel in such a way unless there was dire need for now I will try to get to you in time by car."
The old mage said then he sigh.
"The only ones at Steelhaven who can kill a spirit currently are myself, Cita and George, I will not take Cita away from her patients at the moment and I would not risk Master Steelhaven, also he is the best defense the Chantry have, so no currently I am the only one who should be doing this."
Jeffry said and you hear him sitting down into that small, old car of his and shut the door and start the engines.
"Just get to that Life Tree, it's protections will help keep you, Mr Wainwright and...well since there is a third person in your car from what I hear and a female voice at that I will assume you got Miss Larson to come along, in either case it will help keep you safe."

"I'll do my best," he said.

"Good, now the tree have allot of Quintessence stored in it, Amadeus have a rather powerful Coven after all. I do not want trouble with the Verbena but I would rather pay them back and deal with their wrath than loose an apprentice so do what you have to."

"Business as usual there."

Jeffry Morgan gave a slight wry laugh at that as he begun driving towards the marshes.
"Very well is there anything else you need? If not then stay as safe as you can until I can get to you."
The old Hermetic instructed.

"It's trying to get through to our avatars using rotes that perceive the Umbra," he repeated. "I don't want to give it another shot at succeeding," he said shortly.

"I love things pawing at my Avatar, especially if it is something one of my mother's friends have summoned."
Hannah muttered dryly then a blade sort of appeared in her lap as she moved her hands over it, the thing becoming more and more real and yet it was not really physical.
"I do not think I will have the time to make more than one weapon for us to defend ourselves with though."
The Orphan warned.
"I might be able to make something small in addition to this dagger...a bullet or two perhaps...and no I am not doing this in the Umbra, this blade is ehm...how to put it...my imagination mixed with a spiritual reality infused with Quintessence."
The girl explained as she worked.

"We're going to head for the Verbena's tree in the marsh grounds. Do not harm it, obviously - but the area is protected and we should be able to bolster things from there. We need to hold out as long as we can until we get help. If we find a node, we leave, it's for the werewolves...but if things are at their worst, they -might- choose to attack it...before they go after us."

"Hum...a Verbena Life Tree, how exiting...but yeah that do sound like a plan."
Hannah muttered.
"I am not so sure I like the...might...attack the entity and not us part though when it comes to our furry friends in there."

Hannah drew a deep breath and exhaled as she completed her rote. A fine dagger that was there but not there lay in her lap, it was like you had to focus on it being there to see it, but then it was clear as day but it at the same time did not appear as real as the car or your clothes or the others in the car.
"Which one of us can use this best?"
The Orphan asked.
"I can fight with a knife but not very well, but it still seamed like a practical weapon to make, this can harm spirits but not kill them, I am just not powerful enough for that."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:54 am

Colin nodded, eyes on the road, "Look for the Life Tree, avoid any other Nodes on the way, right, um... Adley, I'll need your eyes for that; I'm uncomfortable with spellcasting while driving."
Briefly glancing back at Hannah again, he added, "I'm afraid I barely squeaked through combat training - oh, I'll get by in close combat or a gunfight, but I was a pilot, not infantry. I really ought to hone those skills a bit further..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:36 am

Briefly glancing back at Hannah again, he added, "I'm afraid I barely squeaked through combat training - oh, I'll get by in close combat or a gunfight, but I was a pilot, not infantry. I really ought to hone those skills a bit further..."

"There is a Verbena Barabbi at the Labyrinth, he happen to have a really nice ass so I got a few lessons...though in hindsight I perhaps should have paid more attention to the combat training and less time looking at his body."
Hannah said and grinned.
"Anyway I can handle myself in a fight but like I said not very well, I have always relayed on my magick more."
The Orphan commented.
"Pilot hum? Interesting."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:25 pm

Colin nodded, " Her Majesty's Royal Air Force, back in the nineties, when you Americans got us into trouble in Iraq the first time."
He gave his face a poke, "It's how I earned my good looks and... well, let's just say that I have a few permanent reminders of how you Americans rush in where angels fear to tread..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:33 pm

Well, i have to bring my friend Coawa here today so if you're available when we come then you should talk to him. He's not a shaman of his people but he knows at least what happens. Tane said with a smile.

Oh, well, if that's so let's go.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:34 pm

"...You might be able to fend this thing off yourself Adley but I do not want to take any chances, and also you can not destroy it at your level of proficiency. Right now your goal is to keep your companions and yourself safe until help arrives, if you can fend it off then good but do not take any unnecessary chances."

"Very well."

"Use that rage to keep yourself and the others alive and safe, but do not let it control you." Jeffry advised though heeding that advice might not be the easiest at the moment with two spiritual entities screaming in your head for that thing in the Umbra's blood.

If it were one or the other but the sonorous clammor inside of him was loud - not deafening, not yet, but loud. He had to stay in control. "Yes, I Will." He had to.

The only ones at Steelhaven who can kill a spirit currently are myself, Cita and George..."Just get to that Life Tree, it's protections will help keep you, Mr Wainwright and...well since there is a third person in your car from what I hear and a female voice at that I will assume you got Miss Larson to come along, in either case it will help keep you safe."

He found that his own temper was harder control in the middle of all the rest of his internal melee, but he bit off a comment about possibly having given information over the phone to the Technocrats should they have listened. For now he's have to hoped they didn't and they could bolster defenses when they were back home. He cursed internally though for even asking. "Yes sir."

"Good, now the tree have allot of Quintessence stored in it, Amadeus have a rather powerful Coven after all. I do not want trouble with the Verbena but I would rather pay them back and deal with their wrath than loose an apprentice so do what you have to."

It was Beatrice's tree...the one with her branch withered. "Only if we have to," he agreed. He didn't want to have to beg forgiveness or mercy but if they had to...with the way things were with tass, and animosity between them, he hoped they didn't.

"Very well is there anything else you need? If not then stay as safe as you can until I can get to you." The old Hermetic instructed.

"No, please be careful. Call me on the other line if you need something." He then ended the call, shut the phone off and loosened the battery. "I don't want to lead the Technocrats right to the Tree and us, in the event they were listening." He hoped he was just being paranoid..."If you need it though, use it. I loosened the battery." He pushed it through to the front.

"I might be able to make something small in addition to this dagger...a bullet or two perhaps...and no I am not doing this in the Umbra, this blade is ehm...how to put it...my imagination mixed with a spiritual reality infused with Quintessence."

"I understand what you are doing," he replied.

"I am not so sure I like the...might...attack the entity and not us part though when it comes to our furry friends in there."

"Avoid the werewolves if we can."

Colin nodded, eyes on the road, "Look for the Life Tree, avoid any other Nodes on the way, right, um... Adley, I'll need your eyes for that; I'm uncomfortable with spellcasting while driving."

"Yes, let me know when we are close to the marsh and I will help direct us. We will have to walk part of the way," he added.

Hannah: "I can fight with a knife but not very well, but it still seamed like a practical weapon to make, this can harm spirits but not kill them, I am just not powerful enough for that."

"If you can use it, you should take it to have something to fight with. Normal weapons can't damage spirits and enchanting bullets is a pain and depletes Quintessence stores, since each one is a discrete working and use of Quintessence," he said to Colin. "I have my weapon that I can re-charge and I can make a weapon much like Hannah has done as well. We want to keep this thing out of our planet it hasn't yet been able to pierce the Gauntlet which is how we want to keep it; it is...a being of void and will do harmful workings to undo creation using Entropy."

He then took something from his jacket and lay it across his lap, it looked something like a small ax or mace with spikes on one end, dedicated for such a purpose. He began to motion his hands over the weapon and begin to enchant it so that it could affect Spirits.

//Since I will be away from my dice for a bit:
10,4 for enchanting his spirit weapon +1 Quint - 10,2 for sensing Prime
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:39 pm

Colin and Adley:

Colin nodded, " Her Majesty's Royal Air Force, back in the nineties, when you Americans got us into trouble in Iraq the first time."

"Hum interesting...well I guess you are just in another type of war now then."
Hannah muttered.

He gave his face a poke, "It's how I earned my good looks and... well, let's just say that I have a few permanent reminders of how you Americans rush in where angels fear to tread..."

"Ah I see, that can not have been fun."
The Orphan said in a sympathetic tone of voice.
"As for where angels fear to thread, I have grown up there."
The young woman said and gave a little laugh.

If it were one or the other but the sonorous clammor inside of him was loud - not deafening, not yet, but loud. He had to stay in control. "Yes, I Will." He had to.

"Good."
Was all Jeffry said, he did not need to say more, he knew his apprentice would do all in his power to control himself, he did not need any more encouragement.

It was Beatrice's tree...the one with her branch withered. "Only if we have to," he agreed. He didn't want to have to beg forgiveness or mercy but if they had to...with the way things were with tass, and animosity between them, he hoped they didn't.

"Yes only if you have to, but do take what you need to keep yourself and the others safe I will replay the Verbena."
Jeffry said though he did not sound like having that discussion with Amadeus was something he relished the Verbena was rather protective of their Life Trees.

"No, please be careful. Call me on the other line if you need something." He then ended the call, shut the phone off and loosened the battery.

"I will be, you as well."
Your mentor said before you hung up on the call.

"I don't want to lead the Technocrats right to the Tree and us, in the event they were listening." He hoped he was just being paranoid..."If you need it though, use it. I loosened the battery." He pushed it through to the front.

"That is probably smart. If your Verbena is anything like ours, then someone will bleed if they lead the Top Hats to their favorite magickal shrubbery."
Hannah commented dryly.

"I understand what you are doing," he replied.

"Good."
The young Orphan replied.

"Avoid the werewolves if we can."

"Well that certainly have my vote, avoiding the fuzz balls I mean."

"If you can use it, you should take it to have something to fight with. Normal weapons can't damage spirits and enchanting bullets is a pain and depletes Quintessence stores, since each one is a discrete working and use of Quintessence," he said to Colin.

"I can probably make something like this blade shaped like a bullet but each working take some time. I suggest we find this tree and then I can work on making some weapons and putting up wards."
Hannah suggested.

Adley you work yon your mace and enchant it, you can feel of the primal energies of the world bind to it and make it party ethereal, making it both physical and spirit and able to affect both sides. The working take most of the time it takes to drive to the forested park on the northern side of Boston and soon the car roll onto dirt. You can drive some way into the marshes but if you are going deep into them and you probably have to if you want to find where the Verbena meet and do their rituals then you will have to work. You feel magick in this place, the ancient energies of the park, the massive living mass of the marshes themselves, their resonance life giving, nurturing and yet stagnant. You feel two main sources of Quintessence in the woods, one large Node towards what have to be the center to the forest and a powerful stored up pool of Quintessence towards the West. In addition there might be one or two lesser Nodes in here, it would not be uncommon for such convergences of vis to gather in such a raw natural environment. The woods are pitch black though, now that you are still on the dirt road you have the light from the city behind you, but soon you will be in complete darkness, which is unnerving enough with that thing you know is following you and the feeling of wrongness that it brings with it even through the Gauntlet.

Tane:

Well, i have to bring my friend Coawa here today so if you're available when we come then you should talk to him. He's not a shaman of his people but he knows at least what happens. Tane said with a smile.

"Ah yes the wereshark was he not? I will look forward to meeting him then. I have met a few werewolves and a werefox but not a wereshark."
Cita said with a smile then her smile faded.
"Off course I did encounter a few werecreatures when I was a Technocrat...but then under less friendly circumstances unfortunately."
The woman muttered and looked away ad if she was ashamed of what she had been.

Oh, well, if that's so let's go.

"Very well if you would come with me then Mr Kayak..."
Cita said and lead the way down to another room, this one on the third floor, she knocked on the door and waited for reply before she entered. Inside of the room, one that had the same lay out as the other apartments of the Chantry a young man sat in an old sofa, he looked pale and somewhat sick, his hair and eyes was fair and he was handsome but there was a desperation in his eyes and he kept nervously plucking at the sleeve of his gray hoodie.
"Tobias, this is Tane Kayak, he will be assisting me if that is acceptable to you?"
Cita said and the young man nodded he gave Tane a glance and smiled.
"Yeah sure that is fine...ehm hi..."
He said then he asked Cita.
"Is he a mage as well? There sure are allot? I never dreamed there where so many like myself...it....well I am glad in a way..."
Tobias said and smiles.

(OOC: Sorry for my late reply I have been on a train all day going home from my visit with my mother.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:58 pm

Colin nodded, "Well, if you have your own, I'll take that blade. This thing chasing us is some sort of abomination, something which should not be? Do you think regular ammunition infused with a bit of Entropy would work on it if it were to materialize?"
He pondered for a moment, "I think I might be able to handle any upset Verbena we might encounter, if I get the opportunity to speak... If need be, I have a favour to call on, though I'd rather save it for something more, hm, personally significant in the future."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:18 am

"I can probably make something like this blade shaped like a bullet but each working take some time. I suggest we find this tree and then I can work on making some weapons and putting up wards." Hannah suggested.

"The primary objective is to keep it from getting at us in the first place, in any way. Thickening the local Gauntlet, warding it, then if we have to, if it manages somehow to get through and attack us, then we will of course defend ourselves until help arrives to banish it completely." He tried to keep himself focused on defending them -without- a fight, or at least provoking or relishing one. There were two parts of him that wanted to do just that, so he was talking to himself, and those parts of himself as the other two magii.

Colin nodded, "Well, if you have your own, I'll take that blade. This thing chasing us is some sort of abomination, something which should not be? Do you think regular ammunition infused with a bit of Entropy would work on it if it were to materialize?"

"I have my own ways, yes. Not exactly like Ms Larson, but effective. I will protect you both but it is good to have your own defenses just in case. The...thing...chasing us...is something that should not exist in our creation, an abomination is a kind way of putting it...it's a rejection, worse than death, nonexistence...I could not even truly focus on it, because if I did...It was like staring into what came -before- darkness, because light had never touched it, a velvet dark of malice, formless yet acting." He sounded as if he had quite a few other words to put it but then continued, "I'm not sure about imbuing ammo with entropy is wise, as it is likely to be destructive in the same way; it might be more prudent to use that ar on yourself for a beneficial outcome," he mused, thinking about it. "Prime however, should work better in its stead, if you can strike with it."

He continued, "A materialised spirit from across the Gauntlet is still an ephemeral being. Materialised, assuming it can do so, it would be able to attack us directly and we do not want that. What it's trying to do now is bad enough. However, in turn, we should be able to attack it with physical ammo to an extent as if we went into the Umbra bodily, the beings there would be able to affect us. This is a truly alien being, however...it may not be overly potent but it has abilities and properties that I cannot assess and as Hannah said, the current consensus is not going to enjoy its presence any more than I do. Hannah, what do you know about these spirits that would be helpful?"

He pondered for a moment, "I think I might be able to handle any upset Verbena we might encounter, if I get the opportunity to speak... If need be, I have a favour to call on, though I'd rather save it for something more, hm, personally significant in the future."

"Better to beg forgiveness, in this case. If we must use the energy to protect us and it, then we will replace it." He didn't like taking out a loan but it was better than death, or whatever worse this spirit might cook up if given half a chance.

With that he began enchanting his weapon, the Words flowing through him, aware that the damn spirit was still hanging around the car, waiting for an exploit to use. It felt good to have something to concentrate on, that he could put his emotions into, that didn't involve doing anything unwise. Once he was armed and ready in the event it turned to that, he began assisting with navigation, feeling the traces and collections of vis...there were two that were were quite powerful, yet different. "The werewolf node...that is central in the wood...our destination lay west of that."

//Feel free to correct me if I got anything 'wrong' (that Adley would not know/would know), there's some differences between the versions of Mage for Spirit sphere and I might have got mixed up (surprise surprise lol). And no problem, hope you had a good time!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:33 am

AS i said to beatrice, in that moment you were too affraid, im sure. I met Coawa when i was a kid, a time when you're not so fearful, so i can't say how it is, but i imagine it should be impressive. The important thing is that you're here now, trying to help, healing. Wounding others wounds you deeper, and healing others will eventually make you heal.
Just don't forget. Scars are the memories of the ones that fight wars worth fighting.
Tane placed a hand on her shoulder and signed to go out.

Hello Tobias. I'm Tane Karyak, Dreamspeaker. Here it seems to be a great concentration fo mages, but in anywhere else it should be a lot less people. So, how is his affliction, Cita?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:11 am

Adley and Colin:

Hanna handed you her magickal blade, it felt like a dagger in the hand and yet it was not truly there.
"Here I am better with direct magick anyway."
The Orphan said, now as for Entropy no, this thing would then be a incarnation of the most destructive elements of Entropy, attacking it with it would be like trying to set a fire elemental on fire, yummy for it's tummy."

"The primary objective is to keep it from getting at us in the first place, in any way. Thickening the local Gauntlet, warding it, then if we have to, if it manages somehow to get through and attack us, then we will of course defend ourselves until help arrives to banish it completely."

"I will get to work on strengthening the Gauntlet then though it is possible this thing will find ways to affect us anyway."
Hannah commented as she glanced around nervously.

This is a truly alien being, however...it may not be overly potent but it has abilities and properties that I cannot assess and as Hannah said, the current consensus is not going to enjoy its presence any more than I do. Hannah, what do you know about these spirits that would be helpful?"

"No one know that much about them, perhaps the Aswadom know, we can only guess. I heard one Celestial Chorister describe them like this, once there where a perfect world where the Pure Ones, the first entities will a will sang the world into existence, they where pure light, pure creation, but as they created every so often a creation was just wrong so they locked these things away outside of their creation, these thing that was the antithesis to what they themselves where, if they where pure creation then they where pure destruction longing to go back to nonexistence. Eventually these Unpure Ones managed to corrupt the song of creation and the Pure Ones shattered each of their fractured pieces finding a host in a living being with a will, giving a portion of the Pure Ones power to that being, becoming Avatars. The Unpure Ones also shattered and their remains formed the Outsider Things, The Malfeans, the Nephandi Lords...beings of pure destruction that hate existence for the prison it creates for them, that hate creation for their own existence that they do not want."
Hannah explained then she drew a deep breath then she continued.
"Others have different versions of the story. We spoke of Werewolves, well they say that once all that existed where the Triad, the personification of the three primal forces of the universe, Dynamism, Stasis and Entropy, they call them the Wyld the Weaver and the Wyrm. Now one fuzz ball I spoke with said that in the beginning all was well, the Wyld created, the Weaver gave creation from and purpose and the Wyrm destroyed so new creation could come into being, there where perfect balance, however them the Weaver wanted more power, she wanted her unchanging reality to stay so she captured and tortured the Wyrm, drone him insane until he was nothing but a force for destruction, he now want to destroy everything instead of being a natural end so a new cycle can begin. The thing after us then would be a manifestation of the Wyrm's will. There are other explanations as well, just pick the one that fit you best."
The Orphan said then she sigh.
"All I know is that these horrors is what await on the other side of a Caul, it would be easy to say they are to destruction what an fire elemental is to a flame but that would be to easy, they are things that do not belong in our reality. Know however they will twist anything, corrupt anything and they might even get into your head, twist your thoughts, try not to listen to it."

"The werewolf node...that is central in the wood...our destination lay west of that."

"West it is then."
Hannah muttered then suddenly she gasped and grabbed the simple gold locked that hung around her neck and looked away.
"It was not my fault I never..."
She begun then she muttered.
"You know what I said about getting into our heads...well Casper the Malfean ghost out there can do just that."
The Orphan muttered and for a moment there was a deep grief in her eyes until she regained control of herself.

Tane:

AS i said to beatrice, in that moment you were too affraid, im sure. I met Coawa when i was a kid, a time when you're not so fearful, so i can't say how it is, but i imagine it should be impressive. The important thing is that you're here now, trying to help, healing. Wounding others wounds you deeper, and healing others will eventually make you heal.

"No I was not afraid, I was wrong."
Cita said and sigh.
"I believe in what I was doing, I was raised by the Union and thought I was doing the right thing, protecting the world from the supernatural dangers that lurk in every shadow, later however I learned that the Technocracy itself live in a particularly dark shadow and that many so called Reality Deviants can be light."
The Virtual Adept said then she nodded.
"Yes perhaps healing others will eventually make up for what I have done, but there is for another reason...to make up for another sin that I begun healing Avatars."
The woman said and gave Tane a sad smile."

Just don't forget. Scars are the memories of the ones that fight wars worth fighting. Tane placed a hand on her shoulder and signed to go out.

Cita just nodded as that before she begun to lead the way towards Tobias' room.

Hello Tobias. I'm Tane Karyak, Dreamspeaker. Here it seems to be a great concentration fo mages, but in anywhere else it should be a lot less people.

"I did not even know there where others like me before yesterday."
Tobias said and scratched his head.
"And here is a whole society."
Then he suddenly remembered himself and looked down.
"Please forgive me for speaking so freely Sir."
The boy muttered, he looked like he expected the other two magi to hit him.

So, how is his affliction, Cita?

"Bad."
Cita muttered in a tone of voice that said she would explain more when not in front of the boy who might get scared by it.
"Do you know what vampire blood do to our kind Mr Karyak?"
The Spirit Healer said before she walked over to Tobias and put her hand on his forehead and then checked his pulse.
"The first thing you need to know if you are to heal Avatars Mr Karyak is that as long as they are bound to a host, the health of the host matter."
The woman said as she checked on Tobias.

As Cita worked you feel something looking at you, something curious and playful and you notice your own Avatar being amused at something then concerned for another.
"The spirit that live inside of him Tane are like me, what that woman you speak with would call active, able to hear and see and interact with things outside of it's host, it is curious about me..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:45 am

No one know that much about them, perhaps the Aswadom know, we can only guess...

"I have no inclination to ask such a one, so I shall take your guesses," he said, then listened to the rest of her explanations. It at least seemed to resonate with what he was feeling.

"All I know is that these horrors is what await on the other side of a Caul, it would be easy to say they are to destruction what an fire elemental is to a flame but that would be to easy, they are things that do not belong in our reality. Know however they will twist anything, corrupt anything and they might even get into your head, twist your thoughts, try not to listen to it."

He nodded with a frown.

Hannah muttered then suddenly she gasped and grabbed the simple gold locked that hung around her neck and looked away. "It was not my fault I never..." She begun then she muttered. "You know what I said about getting into our heads...well Casper the Malfean ghost out there can do just that."

Yes, any exploits at all, it would twist them to its use. Adley's eyes narrowed slightly. "Is it trying to possess you?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:26 am

"I have no inclination to ask such a one, so I shall take your guesses," he said, then listened to the rest of her explanations. It at least seemed to resonate with what he was feeling.

"That might be wise to avoid."
Hannah said with a frown.

Yes, any exploits at all, it would twist them to its use. Adley's eyes narrowed slightly. "Is it trying to possess you?"

"No, I am not even sure if it can do that, it is to alien but it is...showing me things, twisting decisions and...trying to get to me in some way..."
Hannah muttered angrily then she looked away.
"It knows how to make it hurt."
The Orphan said.

In your own min you suddenly see your brother, the day he died, the last time you had seen him alive you had passed him in the hallways of Steelhaven and the young mage had asked you.
"Adley...I am going out to see a movie, I will be passing by the supermarket on the corner on my way home, do you need anything?"
Two hours later David was dead, shot down as a dog in the street on his way home from the movies, Primium bullets having thorn apart his young body, one to his spleen, one to his heart and one shattering his spine...not even Amadeus Nassa could heal that...
"I wonder if he had been head if you had gone with him that day."
There was a voice or not a voice as such more your own thoughts lead that way.
"Perhaps you wanted him to die...are you sure you did not, deep down inside? You know you are your mentor's favorite, yes Jeffry Morgan care deeply for your sister but you are the jewel of his eye...where you perhaps afraid you would have to share your mentor with this upstart. Deep down inside are you sure you are not relieved that he is dead?"
There was no voice...only your own thoughts but it was clear they where being lead and directed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:53 am

Colin nodded as he accepted the short blade, "No Entropic bullets, then... huh, that's... rather unreal."
He frowned as he turned further west. by Adley's direction, "I hope the car can get us all the way there; we should have had a jeep or truck instead."
Glancing at Adley and Hannah as the spirit assaulted them, he pressed a little harder on the gas, trying to put a few more feet between them and the abomination, not really knowing or caring whether that would actually help at this point.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:43 am

"Well yes that blade is just my imagination."
Hannah said with a bit of a grin.
"Now as for getting all the way there by car, somehow I doubt the Verbena have a handy dandy road right up to their sacred ritual grounds, it somehow do not seam very Verbenay to me...I wonder if that is a word..."
The Orphan commented, and quite right you soon got to the point where if you where going further West you had to go by foot, there was a small, square area where a few cars could be parked by other than that there was only a narrow dirt path leading into the forest.

Soon you to seam to be feeling some of the spirit's effect, you see Patrick Dale in your minds eye, a frail looking young man not twenty years old.
"Did you ever ask your friend over there why this kid gave himself to the Nephandi? This child you captured, that now sit in a dark call alone...awaiting what you saw last night only this time it will not be stopped. Do you want to know what caused him to be worthy of such treatment...after all you lead the team that took him to the Traditions, it is your responsibility, do you want to know why he did it?"
There where no voice there but there was a presence directing your thoughts.
"It would be interesting to know don't you think?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:24 am

((OOC: Just to make sure I remember correctly, Colin wasn't there for Patrick Dale's interrogation, was he?))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top