IC Thread Colin's Seeking

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: IC Thread Colin's Seeking

Post by Warpmind on Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:42 am

Colin smirked as he worked out the shortest path with the least risk of further encounters, "Never set up security so lax that a lucky man pushing random buttons can extract information."
He grabbed the Fallen's knife and started creeping up toward the... brain.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:12 am

The Fallen woman's knife was a good quality steel blade with a handle wrapped in black leather. You move through the corridors on rote to the ship's brain, however as you get to the more central parts of the battle cruiser you hear more Nephandi moving around. You are on your way down one corridor when you hear several sets of muted footsteps about to turn onto the soft, squishy hallway you where in, and this time there where no where to hide in time, and there where at least four Nephandi heading towards you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:28 am

Colin quickly hugged the wall, and threw up a simple Forces effect - a small, localized lightbending encapsulating him in a small bubble of effective invisibility, rather like a Predator armor. It wouldn't hold up to a closer look, but in less than great lighting, it'd be enough to remain unseen in passing.
He held his breath, gripping the pistol and blade firmly.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:34 am

Four Nephandi walked down the corridor, three men and one woman, they where talking amongst themselves in that screeching, horrible thing they called a language and did seam to be on their way to walking past you when the women suddenly stopped.
"Someone else is here."
She said in Latin.
"Juan sound the alarm, the rest of you back me up while I find out what is going on here."
The one named Juan looked doubtful.
"I am sure no one could have gotten onto the battle cruiser Meridith."
He replied but the woman just sent him a stern look.
"We are at war you idiot, we can not afford to take the chance that someone have, now do as I say or I will have you flayed alive!"
The woman ordered and Juan gulped and hurried towards a sort of bony switch on the wall on the opposite wall of the corridor while Meridith begun to form symbols with her hands, you recognize them as Hermetic hand gestures and a long line in Latin flew over her lips while the two other Nephandi stood guard over her.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:00 pm

Colin squeezed off two shots in rapid succession - one at Meridith, the other at Juan, then tried to dash past the Fallen while they were still confused and the invisibility bubble held up; there was no going back, only the push forward.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:19 pm

You hit Meridith in the chest and the woman cries out and collapse in a heap but you do not think she is dead, she is stopped for the moment though. One of the other Nephandi scream as you shoot him though he do manage to stay on his feet, so do the two others who start pursuing you as you dash past them and run down the corridor. Your situation was not good running down one corridor with three Nephandi nipping at your heels, though the wounded one probably would not be able to keep up with you for long. You hear one of the Nephandi shout something in their own language and then a ball of fire shot past you, just barely missing you. On the positive side you where getting closer to the Handler's chamber and the brain, but getting there in one piece though, that would be the tricky part.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:40 pm

Colin slid down on one knee and turned, and shot the two yet-unharmed Nephandi; a bullet each should slow them down, at least. Then he leapt back up and kept sprinting.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:48 pm

You go down on one knee and shoot one of the Nephandi that comes towards you, this however leaves you an open target and an energy bolt from the second of them impacts with your chest, sending you flying backwards. There is some pain and you think one or two of your ribs are broken or at least badly bruised but for the most part all you feel is a numbing sensation, and then the world go dark.

You wake up again and find yourself bound with your hands around you and your feet tied together, you do not think you have been out for long, but you find that you are being dragged around the soft, wet floor down the corridor in the direction you where headed by the Nephandus you failed to shoot. Obviously he have also called for back up for there are now quite a few of the Fallen littering the hallway, some of them are tending to their wounded comrades but others just seam to be there for extra security.
"So you are waking up...how fortunate, the Handler hates to play with prisoners who will not scream."
The man dragging you said.
"Enjoying herself with you might keep her busy enough to forget ordering my death for somehow letting you get this far into the ship...luck might still shine on me today."
The Nephandus said with a grin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:34 pm

Colin grimaced and examined his bonds for a bit. "You are taking me to the Handler? How silly of me, I should have realized... If only I'd called ahead, we could have avoided this inconvenience, and I could have been there already."
He glanced around for a bit to see if there were any other Fallen following as he was dragged along, or if they were all busy with the little battleground he'd left behind.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:58 pm

Your hands was bound with some kind of leather cord, but the bindings where tight and quite uncomfortable really as they cut into your wrists. When you spoke the Nephandus let dropped you to the floor for just long enough to land a kick to your side as he hissed.
"A funny man I see, a real comedian, well I doubt you will be laughing when the Handler plays with your entrails."
The man then grab you by the collar of your shirt again and continue to drag you down the corridor.

There are Fallen milling about, but most of them seam busy with either helping the wounded, or arranging a tighter guard detail, they really had not expected anyone to be able to get on board their ship so none but your jailer where focusing on you right at the moment, though any escape attempt where likely to be quickly discovered by the others.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:23 pm

Colin patiently let himself be dragged until the two rounded a corner, mentally preparing a simple Matter/Entropy spell to rapidly rot away enough of the cords to simply snap them and ambush the Fallen...
Biding his time...
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:12 am

You are dragged around a corner, unfortunately there are not less activity here as you near the hub of the ship, there is more. You should be able to use magick to snap the cords you are bound with though, even without using any focus such a simple effect can be done with your will alone.

Your guard stop for a moment to exchange words with what must be a higher ranking guard, you do not know what they are saying for they are speaking in that terrible language of theirs, but it do seam like the man who hold you captive are somewhat deferential towards the other Nephandus, and he point to you and then down the hall to a large door there where two more guards are keeping watch outside. The guards are wearing simple red robes as uniforms, and there are higher ranking Nephandi, all of them having deformities, the gentleman your guard is speaking with have mouths full of teeth for eyes and his hair is bloody rope of thorn flesh. The two red dressed men you see down the corridor also have mouths and eyes in the wrong places and one have a tentacle growing out of somewhere for you can see it trailing around on the floor and jutting out from under his robes.

In addition to the guards people are hurrying to and from in this corridor and orders and instructions are shouted in all sort of languages, though mostly the dragon's tongue, Latin and English. There is a window in this hallway as well, though you can not even begin to guess at what it might be made of. Outside of it you can look down on Horion, The Shara is still frighting but the ship is on flames now and there are so few of her little fighters left, soon this defense will be gone and then the battle cruiser will be free to attack the nearby zeppelin and then...then your family and every friend you have on Horizon, not to mention all the innocent sleepers living in Concordia, all the mages you do not know, and the magickal beasts that have found a home in the enchanted world bellow would die...time was not on your side.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:55 am

Colin swore mentally, taking the chance on decaying away just enough of the cords to be able to pull free in a single tug, without making it obvious to everyone around...
A plan was forming, but he needed to see a little more of the, well, Handler's area - the brain of the beast.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:09 pm

You where dragged through the corridors and your jailer stopped by the two deformed guards and said something in the dragon's tongue and th two men nodded. The bone door opened and you where dragged into a dark room. One end held a large window looking out on the battle. In the center of the room, in the middle of several lavish pillows there sat a young girl, the child might be around 12 years old, she was blond and pretty and wearing a pale green dress decorated with white lace. Your jailer threw on on the floor before the Handler and then bowed deeply. The little Nephandus stood and looked at you.
"What is this, a gift?"
She said and smiled, she bent down and retrieved a large, nasty looking knife that somehow looked even scarier in the hands of someone who should be innocent but who clearly was not.
"I wonder how you will scream when I gut you."
The Handler said in a sweet tone of voice as if she had just invited you for tea.
"Though first you are going to tell me how you got on board of this ship."
The girl said then she looked at the man who had dragged you here.
"You may leave."
The man hesitated.
"But my Lady."
The Handler hissed to the Nephandus and he did not dare to protest any more, he just bowed and hurried out of the room, leaving you alone with the child, the Handler who controlled this behemoth of a ship.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:17 pm

Colin waited until the other Fallen had left, then smoothly tugged through his cords and sat up, rubbing his stomach and quickly drawing up a circle with his fingertips, quietly working a small Correspondence effect to make a small, unseen tunnel from just outside his belly to the small of the Handler's back.
"Certainly, miss... Say, do you mind if I get up on my feet? It was a bit uncomfortable being dragged the last few meters."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:29 pm

The Handler grinned, she took a few steps towards you.
"I can feel magick you know, like the rote you are currently working,"
The girl said then she closed her hand and your rote sort of disintegrated.
"Do you think they would have left you alone with me if I could not defend myself?"
The Handler said laughing.
"However you may rise and stand as you wish, as for my name...I do not have one but if you have to use one for me then the woman who bore me called me Alice, but I was found by the Fallen so young I hardly remember her. I am just the Handler of this ship, nothing more, nothing less."
The girl said and there was something familiar in the way she cocked her head to the side, and the way she held her dagger...you where reminded of Beatrice, the young widderslainte who had once been a member of your Cabal, unfortunately the girl had died twenty years ago right after the Nephandi tried to take over Boston the Union attacked Steelhaven Chantry, Beatrice had fought to protect her home, but when the battle was done and the dead and wounded where tended to you had found her barely alive with several Primium bullets in her chest, the little Verbena had died in your arms...and yet here was a child who moved like her, had the same mannerisms like her...held her blade like her...
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:54 pm

Colin shrugged and got to his feet. "No less to be expected from someone in such an important position. Can't fault a man for trying, though."
He frowned for a moment, taking in the view, "Say, miss Alice, I don't suppose you happen to look your age? You... remind me of an old, dear friend..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:02 pm

"I am twelve years old yes, I have been trained since I was a toddler."
The girl said proudly.
"I have only this one purpose and I will do it well...now we where discussing your entrails where we not and what sound you would make when I cut them out of you. Unfortunately I can not enjoy you as long as I prefer...the sounds a prisoner make when there are no more screams, only whimpers are just delicious, but I have to keep an eye on the battle so I guess we will have to do this quickly...if you tell me what I want to know I might...even be convinced to show mercy and cut your heart out instead."
The little girl said as she stepped closer to you.

Outside you see the battle raging, The Shara could not hold out much longer, the Nephandi where breaking through the lines. The ship shook again as it's shields where hit with something and the little girl winced as if the ship being harmed caused her pain, but even so whatever the Traditionalist fleet threw at the battle cruiser just was snot enough.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:24 pm

Colin arched an eyebrow, taking a smooth, almost imperceptible step aside, keeping just that little more distance between himself and the girl, "Twelve... Tell me, Alice, do you know what your Avatar looks like? It it perhaps... the form of a fallen angel? Would it remember a name like... Beatrice Alexander?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:55 pm

The girl stopped she looked at you.
"My Avatar do look like a fallen angel yes, or you could call it that, an old man with broken wings and nothingness for eyes...but how would you know that?"
She said as she took a few more steps towards you.
"I have no memories of my past lives...now stand still so I can gut you I have no time for this cat and mouse game."
The girl said and she sounded somewhat irritated.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:04 pm

Colin smiled sadly, "I held your last incarnation as she died... We had a chance to help your Avatar back to what it was like before it was brought through the Caul... We even saved it from a Gilgul-happy, malicious judge, only to lose Beatrice when the Technocracy attacked... Your Avatar was fond of Beatrice, as was I... I even taught her a little trick, if you'd like me to show you..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:28 pm

"So...that is why it have scars..."
The Handler said.
"My Avatar I mean...and I have nightmares...horrible..."
She said her steel cold facade breaking for a moment and she took a step back from you.
"I...a little trick?"
The little Nephandus said then she shook her head.
"No...you are en enemy you are just saying whatever you can to save yourself."
She hissed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:49 pm

Colin took another step slightly sideways, "I'm long past the point where saving myself was even plausible, Alice... My fighter craft lost both engines and crashed through a weak spot in this... thing. Every extra moment I breathe is a bonus now. So why not hear me out? Beatrice showed some fondness for this little, simple spell I devised - a simple effect to clear away unwanted elements; to throw away the trash, so to speak. I'll allow I'm an enemy, but that doesn't have to make it a personal confrontation between two old friends, does it? Go ahead, ask your dark angel if he remembers me... if he recalls Clearing the Ways."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:56 pm

Alice looked as you she had stopped advancing she is trying to hide that she is curious about you, but she is.
"I...I can't hear you out I have to control the ship...keep him firring at the Traditionalist ships...I can not be spending time on you!"
The girl said but she did not try to get at you anymore and she was not using magick to attack you either, she was clearly curious. For a moment she hesitated then she mutters.
"Something in me remembers a spell by that name..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:07 pm

Colin carefully pulled out his notebook, and drew up the old octagram - how long was it now since he'd actually needed to use that for a quick rinse? Ten years? Fifteen?
"If you'd look at this, it's a simple circle... All you have to do is create a simple mental image of littered passages, and as you exhale, feel the energy flow through the passage and blast away everything that's scattered in the way, let yourself breathe more freely, let the energies roam where they will..."

'And with a little luck,' Colin thought to himself, 'the abomination we're in will figure out how to do the same thing...'
Not a muscle in his face twitched to betray his ulterior motive, though.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top