The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Tane Karyak on Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:03 pm

She's unconcious, if she wakes up she'd be too weak to do anything. And Atonga protects me, no way she's a threat. He said nodding.
Ok, then. Get some rest, you look like shit, sir. he said in a slightly funny tone. The guy needed sleep, as all of them. Tane greeted, then I'm going to take care of her. Also, i'd like a room on the chantry for a time, until Beatrice gets better. If you're able today, i'd like that

OOC: Yeah, i think that, so. SO, tane the nurse. SHould we get him a white dress?

Shotgun for the one with the garter!
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:43 pm

Colin nodded, taking the pot of ashes and started washing it. "It was only an idea; I suspect he'd figure Agent Kessinger might take it personal, considering she lost her entire amalgam to Diego's lot. The same Technocrat whose apprentice was tricked and corrupted, and apprehended by us. It might be enough to get to him, to know that he and his haven't caused us any permanent losses in this recent scuffle, and that at best they've just angered opponents that might not otherwise have noticed their antics. Essentially, he and his have been showing off skills of the Stevie Wonder school of marksmanship, employing the stealth skills of Michael Bay. But, if you think it will be more of a pain than any benefit we might glean, I'll defer to your judgment."
He frowned, "Oh, dear, I'm sorry... you mean you didn't recognize her name? Or... wait, right, your Order tends to change names as a matter of separating your lives, as it were..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:54 pm

She's unconcious, if she wakes up she'd be too weak to do anything. And Atonga protects me, no way she's a threat. He said nodding.

"Everyone is a threat Mr Karyak, there is just a varying degree of it, a sleeper girl with a knife can kill and Archmage if sh manages to pick just the right moment to strike, it is never wise to underestimate anyone, but yes I do believe you will be able to handle one wounded shapechanger."
The war mage said as he bridge his fingers and regarded his Dreamspeaker over said bridge.

Ok, then. Get some rest, you look like shit, sir. he said in a slightly funny tone. The guy needed sleep, as all of them. Tane greeted, then I'm going to take care of her. Also, i'd like a room on the chantry for a time, until Beatrice gets better. If you're able today, i'd like that

"I do now do I?"
The old Hermetic said with a slight chuckle.
"Yes well I suppose that I do. I will ask Narim to get you a room, he is the one who keep track of our logistics. What about Mr Coawa, will he be joining you?"
Jeffry asked.
"Also I have been meaning to ask, do Coawa have a last name?"
Then he nodded.
"I am glad Miss Alexander have friends right now, she do need it, poor child."

(OOC: I think he would look adorable in a little white dress.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumfreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:16 pm

"Thank you," he said as he started washing up. "Do you want some of this while it's hot? I don't want to leave Raymond with Mr Bergen too long before I see how he is doing with him," he said. "Hm...you could be right. My judgement has not been as clear as I would like lately. I've missed things for trying to keep people safe and in the end it cost us. On the other hand I don't want to make any promises that we have no time or intention to fulfill."

He sighed. "When we went to stop the tass transport, there was a counter-ambush waiting for us in the umbra. We nearly lost someone who is still recovering from severe wounds and several people were injured. I was held at gunpoint by Hannah's friend June...well technically bullet-point. When they realised that I wasn't tradeable for the tass, June took their remaining comrades and left. But there was a message that could have been a clue...on Diego's phone, when he attacked us. I didn't understand it at the time but if I had tried...anyway, if you think you can get something from that foul mouthed degenerate and not paint us into a corner, then I'll be going downstairs to give this to Raymond, see how Bergen is doing. The Chief should be awake within an hour, if you think that you want to run it by him though. There were some other items we picked up that we didn't have time to examine if I recall as well."

He grabbed a spoon from the drawer and began to mix the oatmeal. He didn't say anything about the Order and names, many mages chose an alias after all to keep themselves and their families safe. It was more than a matter of that for him but the point remained. "It was a bit of a shock. Colin, I don't know why but here we are, suddenly surrounded by widderslainte or ex-widderslainte in Susanna's case. People that have done me no wrong, in fact the opposite. Last week I would have looked at myself as if I were going mad for what I have been thinking, feeling, and believing in right now. It might be too late for Susanna's avatar though perhaps she may at least see some justice in her case, but what if there is a way to save Beatrice or Raymond's avatar? What if...what if some of the Nephandi want to keep that hidden, propagate the lie that they can never be saved? The current system would be most amenable to that..." He frowned, taking out some plastic containers to carry the food down.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:42 pm

Colin grimaced, "I was not aware there'd been that much... trouble recovering the tass shipment. But still, you ran into a counter-ambush, and still managed to get the job done without fatalities; that's good work. It was a combat mission, and casualties are to be expected, but succeeding at the mission and getting everyone home alive is... pretty damned impressive, Mage or not. Oh, and no, thank you; I was meaning to get back to my own pad once things are somewhat sorted out, and prepare an early dinner and dessert. That got rudely interrupted last night, after all."
He pondered, "I think, at any rate, that I shall give the Chief some time after he wakes up; wouldn't want to barge in on him with an obnoxious suggestion about an obnoxious man while he's mourning an old friend and wondering what to do with an Umbra ship. As for the Widderslaintes... Perhaps that is part of what my Seeking tried to tell me; even a wrung Avatar can remember kindness and mercy... right now, if we can save Beatrice, we can start uncoiling the death spiral the Nephandi are working towards. I don't like the current system; not if it can take a boy like Raymond Danbrock, who is guilty of nothing more than being born with an Avatar someone in a previous incarnation did something unspeakable to, or Robert Dale, who was abused by his superiors and in desperation, made a decision of remarkably poor judgment... not if the system can take them and utterly destroy them as though they were beings of pure malice and spite, abominations which have no right to occupy this reality... But, I can't fault the system for being there in lieu of a better option. Miss Florentine and Beatrice... just might be that option, if we can ensure they live through the coming troubles."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:29 pm

"Mmm....Mrs Mandis is still unconscious and it cost the healers a great deal to save her, though of course I am glad that she's alive, that we all are. Very unpleasant but we did manage to get that tass, which led to...other revelations," he agreed, though it was clear he thought it should have gone better. As Colin spoke about the umbral ship, he looked at him and then nodded, "That is true. But my pater is not one to put grieving at the top of a list over other duties that must be seen to ensure our safety here. I do feel...I feel sadly for Mr Dale. When he realised what had happened, what was going on, he wanted to help. At least you don't think that I'm crazy, obnoxious or not," he teased slightly. "Either we're both mad or onto something," he said, looking at him. He grabbed the containers and filled them up, adding raisins. "Then again there are those like Mr Diego that I have a hard time as seeing as anything but corrupted...and I can't see anything but a gilgul in his future. I don't want his avatar to ruin another person's life. What else have I to tell you while I've got your ear..." he asked himself thoughtfully.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:57 pm

Colin thought for a moment, "The clue you missed on Diego's phone - what was the wording, out of sheer curiosity? Oh, um, and yes, the Umbra ship was probably not meant to be revealed just yet, nor the Chief's loss of an old friend... I just happened to know about it from the future, before the Mercere even arrived. Which, to be frank, I find exceedingly unnerving."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:06 pm

"The letter in my pocket?" he asked, looking at Colin for confirmation. "I need to deliver that to the safe...You knew that someone was going to...that -is- very unnerving. Have you been studying time-magicks?" he frowned, then said, "It said something like wanting Diego there for the 'party to welcome that tass' a message passed on from a higher up. I believe it was from June, who is his apprentice, Hannah's friend. She's...probably being tortured for letting me go as we speak," he frowned. "If I had followed up on it as the Chief  suggested maybe we could have found out what they were planning." He covered the bowls and got some plastic spoons from a drawer. "I'm very curious what else transpired in this seeking of yours...though at the same time I feel like I'm invading your privacy. Can't be helped I suppose. An Umbral ship..."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:17 pm

Colin shrugged, "Well, I haven't been studying chronomancy yet... I know the absolute fundamentals that let me detect if there's been some tampering with time, or what the exact time is without checking my watch. But I guess I just might tap some surprising potential over the next twenty years. But that's neither here nor now, unless my future self decides to make it so, which will probably be incredibly uncomfortable. But that's Future Colin's problem. In any case, as I said, Master Steelhaven is making copies of the transcript; you are welcome to read it for yourself. It was a... deeply personal experience, I'll admit that, but I feel the most blatantly obvious warnings, made more real and urgent when the Mercere brought that letter, rendered my need for privacy... well, it's a small sacrifice when I make it of my own volition. As for that message, if that was the wording, that was hardly transparent enough that you should beat yourself up for missing it. Had I been, hm, functional, I would likely have guessed it referred to prepared sacrifices or somesuch."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:35 pm

"So an umbral ship...and someone my pater knows has passed...and he'll find that out when he wakes up, reads this letter." He shook his head. "Future Colin making Past Colin uncomfortable...possible future really does need its own tense," he said. "Welcome party for the tass," he corrected himself as he thought about it. "Yes, of course it was not crystal clear...my mind was under assault, so on. But it could have been followed up on, it wasn't, and here we are. Everyone expended themselves in that assault, though my pater did take down a Master level Nephandi. My sister will be glad to hear of that." He stacked up the containers and put them under an arm and headed for the door. "I hope that your dinner goes as planned this time," he said to him.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:38 pm

Colin smiled and headed for his own apartment, "So do I..."
On the way, he punched in a message to Freddy, "Okay, trying for a heavy lunch, perhaps, before we have to get back to work? Give me an hour to prepare the dinner, and dessert will be getting ready while we eat?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:43 am

No, my home is over a Node, we need someone to protect it. He can smell the Qyrll so he's more than capable of staying there.

Coawa's lastname is Gwanballa. Means "SilenThunder" in Maorí, anyone of the two is ok.

Yes, i know. SHe's a beautiful soul. She even asked everyone to say nothng to me because she knew i'd come and kick the door to take her. Caring about others in such a moment...
Tane sighed Now i'm starting to learn to heal avatars with miss Cita. I'll help her, and i'll find a way to help her cleanse her avatar.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:25 am

Colin smiled and headed for his own apartment, "So do I..."

"Give my regards to Mrs Addlebloom," he said, closing up his apartment and heading back downstairs. He stopped off at the security office to drop the letter into the security box and then went downstairs to Raymond's cell.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:18 am

Colin:

On the way, he punched in a message to Freddy, "Okay, trying for a heavy lunch, perhaps, before we have to get back to work? Give me an hour to prepare the dinner, and dessert will be getting ready while we eat?"

You quickly get an reply back.
"That works for me. I am a few doors down from you visiting Francesca, she got hurt last night. Drop me a line a bit before the food is ready and I will come right over."

Adley:

"Give my regards to Mrs Addlebloom," he said, closing up his apartment and heading back downstairs. He stopped off at the security office to drop the letter into the security box and then went downstairs to Raymond's cell.

You came down towards the make shift cell and saw a bit of a scene unfolding. Adjan stood there basically telling Ulv Bergen to get lost. Usually you knew Adjan as a kind and polite if a bit emotionally reserved man but now there where a dangerous glint in his pale eyes and even Ulv understood that and did not argue with the Euthanatos.
"I do not understand you need to argue with everyone you meet Mr Bergen, and especially everyone you see as inferior to you. However scaring a child who sit helpless in a cell quite possibly waiting for Gilgul must be a new low even for you. Leave I will stay here until other solutions can be found."
Adjan did not raise his voice, no instead it was more like a low whispers to make sure that Raymond did not hear it and get more upset, but there was threat enough in those words and Bergen did not even make a single retort, he turned and almost collided with you in his haste to put distance between himself and the ticked off death mage.

Adjan gave Ulv Bergen a sour look at the rune mage fled from him, his eyes lost of of their edge when he saw you though it was clear there where still some anger there.
"Ah Adley, I am sorry you had to witness such a spectacle I do not like to argue in public, but Mr Bergen's behavior was not acceptable and I felt the need to step in."
The Euthanatos said in an apologetic tone of voice.

Tane:

No, my home is over a Node, we need someone to protect it. He can smell the Qyrll so he's more than capable of staying there.

"Ah yes I understand, yes protecting such a resource is indeed important Mr Karyak."
The old mage said and nodded.

Coawa's lastname is Gwanballa. Means "SilenThunder" in Maorí, anyone of the two is ok.

"Ah Mr Gwanballa then."
Jeffry said and made a note of it in a leather bound book he was carrying around with him.
"I will remember it."

es, i know. SHe's a beautiful soul. She even asked everyone to say nothng to me because she knew i'd come and kick the door to take her. Caring about others in such a moment... Tane sighed Now i'm starting to learn to heal avatars with miss Cita. I'll help her, and i'll find a way to help her cleanse her avatar.

"Yes she is, I would not have believed a widderslainte could be so. When I heard she would be coming to tis Chantry I expected a horror who was just kept in check by the power of her powerful mentor, an for a long time I held onto that belief, when if the small, scared, still sick from her Branding woman Amadeus bought her hardly fit that description. But she is truly sweet natured, creepy as Mr Wainwright puts it yes, but sweet natured. It is as if she have found a balance with her Avatar, walking the path towards Descension, but without harming anyone in the way. Though off course as with all Fallen there is only a matter of time before the sweetness of the host will be overcome by the darkness of her Avatar."
Jeffry Morgan said and sigh then he nodded.
"I do hope she will one day be able to cleanse herself, and there is hope, I can not say to much for safety reasons but there are indications that one have done so before, strong indications, and perhaps young Miss Alexander can learn the same method, not only saving herself but delivering a crippling blow to the Nephandi in the same time as we will then have a way to snatch recruits from them, right under their noses."
The old Hermetic said then he raised and eyebrow.

"Learning from Miss Telar hum? Well if any Virtual Adept will be able to teach a Dreamspeaker it would be her."
The man said and you see a ever so slight flush to the old mage's dark cheeks as he spoke of Cita Telar and while his expression was as grim as always there was a note of fondness in his voice.
"You have lofty goals young man."
Jeffry Morgan said as he glanced at you, he did sound like he approved though.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:38 am

Adley started walking quicker towards them the moment he saw the way that Adjan was acting, overhearing the last bit of his telling off. He stood as Bergen dodged around him in haste not to run smack into him. "Dammit...I was afraid that would happen. Adjan I'm going to see how Raymond is...And thank you, it's probably better he ran into you than I, because I am -really- not in the mood. Yet I wish it had been me, at the same time...I should have hurried." He went over towards Raymond's door to unmake the spell. "Raymond it's me...please respond..."

// 6,3
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:06 am

Adley started walking quicker towards them the moment he saw the way that Adjan was acting, overhearing the last bit of his telling off. He stood as Bergen dodged around him in haste not to run smack into him. "Dammit...I was afraid that would happen. Adjan I'm going to see how Raymond is...And thank you, it's probably better he ran into you than I, because I am -really- not in the mood. Yet I wish it had been me, at the same time...I should have hurried."

"I hope I did not overstep my bounds Adley but I came down here and saw how Mr Bergen treated the kid and I will not stand for that kind of behavior."
The Euthanatos said he did not enter into any lengthy explanations understanding that you needed to see to Raymond and try to defuse the situation so all he said was.
"The man is a bully pecking on those weaker than him and I will not have it."

He went over towards Raymond's door to unmake the spell. "Raymond it's me...please respond..."

After a few moments you heard Raymond's voice, the boy sounded shaken, and he sounded like he had been crying, he did try to put on a brave face but at the end of the day he was just a kid and he was in an impassible, terrifying situation.
"I am alright..."
The boy said but he did not sound like he was.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:17 am

"Adjan, I'm -glad- that you stopped him. He'll need to be reported. I don't want him watching anyone, if he can't behave properly and having him wandering around in a mood is not good. If he keeps looking for a fight here he will get it...I should have known better..." He shuffled the bowls to the floor and remove the door spell, once he heard Raymond's voice he was filled with an unreasonable amount of relief. With how things had been going, he had immediately worried he'd been pushed over the edge and for a second he stood there thanking the gods. Looking at Adjan, he said, "Will you please find one of the Deacons, Narim perhaps, if my pater hasn't awoken. We need to find someone that can replace Mr Bergen and explain what happened."

"I'm more than sorry you had to hear what that man said to you," he said to Raymond, sounding angry, though not at him "I'm coming in, please stand back from the door. He then went to open the door, wary in case the poor terrified kid tried to make a break for it.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:32 am

It is possible, from what i have heard. And i have seen her avatar, and it's not the avatar of a nephandi. It is not angry, it doesn't hate. It is scared to death, and we force it to belive everyone is bad. I think that if she descends, it would be other one's fault.
But furthermore: i have heard her song. It's sad, it's crippled by fear, but it has something pure, magestic... There is some light. Coawa has felt it, too. She's not taken, her avatar is not taken. It might be a pure shard or it might be that she's cleaning herself throughout lives, i don't know. But it is there, i have hope, and i need other to have hope in her, too.
he looked determined and he was convinced that something could be done.

My ancestors wouldn't spect for anything lower. And i've made an oath.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:44 am

Adley:

"Adjan, I'm -glad- that you stopped him. He'll need to be reported. I don't want him watching anyone, if he can't behave properly and having him wandering around in a mood is not good. If he keeps looking for a fight here he will get it...I should have known better..."

"I agree, I think this whole thing started from what I have heard when he hit one of the hedge wizards, Henrietta Day, and you know that one take, if you excuse then term, take no shit from anyone and she have the power to back that attitude up with so she handed Bergen his own ass, and in the frustration of being taken down a notch by a hedge wizard he have been looking for a fight all morning. I agree he have to be reported."
Adjan said, the Euthanatos looked like he wanted to say more but he had to let you get to trying to calm down the terrified kid in the cell, any opinions he had could be expressed later.

Looking at Adjan, he said, "Will you please find one of the Deacons, Narim perhaps, if my pater hasn't awoken. We need to find someone that can replace Mr Bergen and explain what happened."

"I will do so immediately."
Adjan said and gave you a small nod before he left and hurried up the stairs to find one of the Chantry's leaders.

"I'm more than sorry you had to hear what that man said to you," he said to Raymond, sounding angry, though not at him "I'm coming in, please stand back from the door. He then went to open the door, wary in case the poor terrified kid tried to make a break for it.

Raymond was sitting on the bed when you came in, trying to wipe tears from his eyes though there was little point in it as fresh ones came to replace the ones he dried away and subs wrecked his thin frame.
"I am okey.."
The kid repeated though he did not look like it.
"I mean already sort of knew what he was telling me but..."
The boy muttered, his knees was pressed to his chest and he had wrapped his arms around his knees.
"Is it true though what he said?"
Raymond asked he glanced up at you and you see terror in his eyes, he was captured by the ones he had spent his whole childhood fearing and Bergen had tapped into that fear.
"He told me how much what the Traditions want to do to me would hurt, told me that it had happened to someone at this Chantry as you call it only a few days ago, he told me about the screams, and then said that when it happens to me, unless I properly respected him he would tape my screams and send the recording to my mother."
Raymond said with a mixture of fear and anger in his voice, he curled up more and buried his face in his knees and sobbed.
"Will he be allowed to do that? If something like that happens to me I do not want my mother to hear that it would destroy her."
The boy muttered.

Tane:

It is possible, from what i have heard. And i have seen her avatar, and it's not the avatar of a nephandi. It is not angry, it doesn't hate. It is scared to death, and we force it to belive everyone is bad. I think that if she descends, it would be other one's fault.

"Well I understand that it is frightened, it have after all been hurt by Tradition mages twice now, once when it was Branded and then when...well in either case I have analyzed it myself though Mr Karyak and it is Fallen...are you saying that to your eyes it do not appear so?"

But furthermore: i have heard her song. It's sad, it's crippled by fear, but it has something pure, magestic... There is some light. Coawa has felt it, too. She's not taken, her avatar is not taken. It might be a pure shard or it might be that she's cleaning herself throughout lives, i don't know. But it is there, i have hope, and i need other to have hope in her, too. he looked determined and he was convinced that something could be done.

"Hum...a pure bit inside of it? Well it could be...if a non inverted Avatar can have a bit of corruption in it then I supposed a inverted one can have a bit of light. I do hope you are right though. I hope Miss Alexander manages to cleanse herself and become the powerful healer she is meant to be."
The old mage said and nodded.
"My own apprentice do seam to think there is hope for her as well, perhaps I should hold out some hope also, after all I have seen whole worlds birthed from a mage's mind and life created in an alchemist's lab, we mages can perform miracles, perhaps so to can a slip of a blood witch and her fallen angel."

My ancestors wouldn't spect for anything lower. And i've made an oath.

"Ah one's ancestors, I do wonder if mine would approve of me."
The old war mage said with a slight smile.
"No matter lofty goals are good Mr Karyak, and when those goals are on behalf of others it is even better. Now if you excuse me, not to rush you but I really do have a ton to tasks ahead of me."
Jeffry said as he stood to walk you out of his tiny office, it was hardly necessary but the fine old Hermetic did like to be polite.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:11 am

"I agree, I think this whole thing started from what I have heard when he hit one of the hedge wizards, Henrietta Day, and you know that one take, if you excuse then term, take no shit from anyone and she have the power to back that attitude up with so she handed Bergen his own ass, and in the frustration of being taken down a notch by a hedge wizard he have been looking for a fight all morning. I agree he have to be reported."

"He -hit- Mrs Day?" Adley grit his teeth. "I did not know that...make sure the Deacons do and whatever else you think is pertinent and that I don't want another person that feels as Mr Bergen does near Raymond. He's not going to be helpful to us, if that's his attitude. And please check on Mr VonHess if you can, he was here before him and I want to make sure he didn't give that good man any trouble."

"I am okey.." The kid repeated though he did not look like it."I mean already sort of knew what he was telling me but..." The boy muttered, his knees was pressed to his chest and he had wrapped his arms around his knees. "Is it true though what he said?"
Adley came in and set the bowls down on the nearest surface, table or bed.

"I don't know what he said to you. I am sorry that he said anything, that was not his place and you should not have had to deal with that and for that I apologise to you Raymond," he began.

"He told me how much what the Traditions want to do to me would hurt, told me that it had happened to someone at this Chantry as you call it only a few days ago, he told me about the screams, and then said that when it happens to me, unless I properly respected him he would tape my screams and send the recording to my mother." Raymond said with a mixture of fear and anger in his voice, he curled up more and buried his face in his knees and sobbed. "Will he be allowed to do that? If something like that happens to me I do not want my mother to hear that it would destroy her." The boy muttered.

"That person he spoke of was someone that I care about Raymond, someone I care about very much. She is like a sister to me," he said, sounding rather angry. "And I care about you as well. That man will not be coming back to guard you, it was not his place to try to torment you. That was most foul. As for what he said about your mother, that is not how we do things here to those that cooperate and are trying to help us. I meant it when I said that there was hope - that man knows nothing and his actions were poor. Again, I am sorry that I let him near you even for five minutes and I will not allow it again," Adley said. If he didn't have to calm Raymond down, he had half a mind to go find Bergen and challenge him to a duel. Or just punch him as hard as he could in his face. Unfortunately, that would probably only waste time and not do much good, though he still -wanted to.- Then again, maybe he should just stay here...yes, stay here, protect him. Make sure who was coming next was better. "Please, Raymond...I can't promise you that everyone will feel as I do, but I do hope that soon you will have more protection. And even so, you will not be subjected to him again. His words do not speak for all of us and they speak very poorly for him. Sit up, I have brought something to eat and I saw your parents, that's why I was away..." He reached out to touch him on the shoulder, not quickly, he didn't want to startle him.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:16 am

"He -hit- Mrs Day?" Adley grit his teeth. "I did not know that...make sure the Deacons do and whatever else you think is pertinent and that I don't want another person that feels as Mr Bergen does near Raymond. He's not going to be helpful to us, if that's his attitude. And please check on Mr VonHess if you can, he was here before him and I want to make sure he didn't give that good man any trouble."

"Yes he hit her, Rush came to me about it because she is to proud to complain to the Deacons, and he did not use a flat hand either, she is bleeding."
Adley said and it was clear from the look in his eyes what he thought about hitting a hedge wizard, much less a woman.
"I should have taken it up with our leaders right away, however I respected Miss Day's pride I am sorry this is partly my fault."
Adjan said and sigh then he nodded.
"I will find one of the Deacons and make sure they know what have happened and then check on Mr Von Hess."
The Euthanatos said before he left the basement, anger and regret in his eyes.

Adley came in and set the bowls down on the nearest surface, table or bed.

"I don't know what he said to you. I am sorry that he said anything, that was not his place and you should not have had to deal with that and for that I apologise to you Raymond," he began.

"It is not your fault."
Raymond said down into his knees.
"He is one of those bullies that demand respect they are not owed, not like my dad, I have no problem calling my dad Sir and jumping when he give an order, he is a good, brave man, but some seam to just like to bark orders and when I would not address him as he thought I should and I talked back to him that is when he threatened me...threatened my mom..."

"That person he spoke of was someone that I care about Raymond, someone I care about very much. She is like a sister to me," he said, sounding rather angry. "And I care about you as well. That man will not be coming back to guard you, it was not his place to try to torment you. That was most foul.

"That person you care about, is she like me?"
Raymond asked, curiosity winning over his fear for just one moment, he had probably never met another widderslainte, and definitively not another who tried to fight the darkness inside of them. The boy glanced at you then fear won out again and he hid his face against his knees again.

As for what he said about your mother, that is not how we do things here to those that cooperate and are trying to help us. I meant it when I said that there was hope - that man knows nothing and his actions were poor. Again, I am sorry that I let him near you even for five minutes and I will not allow it again,"

"Are you sure? I mean I worry what will happen to my mother if something bad happens to me. If...if your Traditions hurt me I do not want her to know the details, I want her to be told something...nice I guess, something to put her mind at ease, I mean she cries every time I get sick and have to go to the hospital, if she heard...that..."
The boy trailed of.
"That man...Bergen he will not be coming back are you sure?"
The kid asked in a worried tone of voice.

"Please, Raymond...I can't promise you that everyone will feel as I do, but I do hope that soon you will have more protection. And even so, you will not be subjected to him again. His words do not speak for all of us and they speak very poorly for him. Sit up, I have brought something to eat and I saw your parents, that's why I was away..." He reached out to touch him on the shoulder, not quickly, he didn't want to startle him.

"You saw my parents?"
The Fallen boy asked as he looked up and tried to wipe away his tears again, he did not jump when you touch him but you can feel when you put a hand on his hounder that he was shivering.
"Are they okey? Are my dad well...is he angry at me for coming with you?"
Raymond said and he did sit up a little straighter though tears still rolled down his cheeks.
"And my mom, how is she holding up?"
The kid asked.
"She always worry about me, I am not sure she realize that it is reality itself that make me sick, for she is always fussing."
Raymond glanced at you.
"I did not want to worry my parents, I just did not want that Larson woman to kill them or Danielle...and I did not want the dark woman inside of me to have to pick up more shards of her broken mirror...I every time I give in and follow my impulses a little more of her mirror breaks...or perhaps she is not a figment of my mind and now I am not even making sense."
The boy said and sigh he again tried to wipe his eyes.
"Adley..."
Raymond begun then he looked down again.
"If that hope you speak of do not pan out...will it hurt as badly as that man said?"
The young mage looked away.
"I mean I always assumed it would hurt, if it hurts to snip a slightly wonky mole of your ass it makes sense that it also hurts to cut your magick organ or whatever the hell it is out of your soul...but...what Bergen described..."
Raymond went very pale and swallowed hard.
"Is it that bad?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:35 am

Colin tapped out a reply, "Ah, if you would kindly wish her well from me, and I'll let you know a few minutes before I put the food on the table."
Colin thought to himself for a moment, the sent a quick message to Darrian Haagen, as well, "In about an hour, I will have some old-fashioned English cooking available for our old-fashioned guest; she might appreciate that. If you like, I can set aside a plateful for her, for someone to pick up and bring down."

Then, he put his sketchbook away, entered his kitchen, and set about preparing the dinner which was so rudely prevented the previous night.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:44 am

"It is not your fault." Raymond said down into his knees...

"I should not have let him near you."

"That person you care about, is she like me?" Raymond asked, curiosity winning over his fear for just one moment...

"Well, she is very brave like you yes."

"Are you sure? I mean I worry what will happen to my mother if something bad happens to me. If...if your Traditions hurt me I do not want her to know the details, I want her to be told something...nice I guess, something to put her mind at ease, I mean she cries every time I get sick and have to go to the hospital, if she heard...that..."

He sighed. "She already knows the truth, Raymond; but I would try to prevent her from further suffering. Especially not something cruel like what Mr Bergen told you."

"That man...Bergen he will not be coming back are you sure?" The kid asked in a worried tone of voice.

"There will be someone else here, someone that is not like him."

"You saw my parents?" The Fallen boy asked as he looked up and tried to wipe away his tears again, he did not jump when you touch him but you can feel when you put a hand on his hounder that he was shivering. "Are they okey? Are my dad well...is he angry at me for coming with you?"

"Yes, they are well. Your father looks much improved though he still has some pain in his side, I believe. But he was up and walking and able to give me some baleful glares, so I believe his health has been restored quite a bit since you last saw him. He did not seem angry at you, Raymond. Me, yes, for bringing you here but he respected your decision. I think I would say he was proud of you. Though they are worried about you of course."

"She always worry about me, I am not sure she realize that it is reality itself that make me sick, for she is always fussing."
Raymond glanced at you.

"She did tell me to tell you to take care, cover up...she loves you."

"I did not want to worry my parents, I just did not want that Larson woman to kill them or Danielle...and I did not want the dark woman inside of me to have to pick up more shards of her broken mirror...I every time I give in and follow my impulses a little more of her mirror breaks...or perhaps she is not a figment of my mind and now I am not even making sense." The boy said and sigh he again tried to wipe his eyes

"Dark woman in the mirror? Hrm...no, I don't think that's a figment of your mind exactly. Well, it is and is not - I believe it might be your avatar, trying to tell you something. Perhaps figure of your soul might be more appropriate. But there is something of this mirror left...I think that is good Raymond."

"If that hope you speak of do not pan out...will it hurt as badly as that man said?" The young mage looked away. "I mean I always assumed it would hurt, if it hurts to snip a slightly wonky mole of your ass it makes sense that it also hurts to cut your magick organ or whatever the hell it is out of your soul...but...what Bergen described..." Raymond went very pale and swallowed hard. "Is it that bad?"

He didn't answer right away but then said, "It hurts." He frowned. "Let's concentrate on keeping you from that fate as much as we can. I don't want that to happen to you, or anyone that is like you, that still...you are still able to do good, know right from wrong, want to fight those impulses. You are helping to save Boston from the Nephandi and keep your parents safe. I still think there is a chance...for you and those like you. I know that conversation mustn've done anything for your appetite, but would you please eat something? I'll have some as well. I'm not the best cook but I promise it's edible at least."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:40 am

Colin:

Colin tapped out a reply, "Ah, if you would kindly wish her well from me, and I'll let you know a few minutes before I put the food on the table."

You phone beeped with a reply back from Freddy.
"I will tell her that, but she is in and out of consciousness as she was apparently dead last night but Rush kept her artificially alive using his own life force or some other such bullshit that Verbena do. I am very grateful for that bullshit this time though. Anyway it seams even Euthnatos take a bit of time to recover from having bean all but dead. Anyway I will come by when you tell me the food is ready. Sorry for not helping you cook."

Colin thought to himself for a moment, the sent a quick message to Darrian Haagen, as well, "In about an hour, I will have some old-fashioned English cooking available for our old-fashioned guest; she might appreciate that. If you like, I can set aside a plateful for her, for someone to pick up and bring down."

You get a reply back from Haagen.
"I think she will appreciate that. One question though she have asked for some pine twigs to clean her teeth with, I offered her a toothbrush but she thought it was an very fine and expensive tool to paint with, could you ask any of the Verbena to make some twigs for our guests? It is no rush off course."

Then, he put his sketchbook away, entered his kitchen, and set about preparing the dinner which was so rudely prevented the previous night.

All the unfinished food had been put in your refrigerator by someone and covered with plastic wrap so it would keep so all of it should be fine to just pick up and continue preparing it, it might not be as good as if it had never been put in a fridge but it had kept well at least.

Adley:

"I should not have let him near you."

Raymond nodded.
"I do not think he should be let near anyone, he was rude to the old man who was here before to, I liked him better, Anton...he is like my dad is he not, a linear mage?"
The widderslainte asked and he sounded a bit angry.
"He did not deserve to be talked to in such a rude way."

"Well, she is very brave like you yes."

"I would like to meet her one day...I mean if she was not..."
Raymond hesitated he did not know what word to use and did not want to hurt you either.
"Broken."
He eventually said.

He sighed. "She already knows the truth, Raymond; but I would try to prevent her from further suffering. Especially not something cruel like what Mr Bergen told you."

Raymond looks down.
"She knows...I...thank you anyway I do not want her to worry about me."
The young man said.
"She always worries."

"There will be someone else here, someone that is not like him."

Raymond nodded but he seamed nervous, scared of who his next guard would be.

"Yes, they are well. Your father looks much improved though he still has some pain in his side, I believe. But he was up and walking and able to give me some baleful glares, so I believe his health has been restored quite a bit since you last saw him. He did not seem angry at you, Raymond. Me, yes, for bringing you here but he respected your decision. I think I would say he was proud of you. Though they are worried about you of course."

Raymond smiles a little.
"He do have a temper. It is good that he is better, I did not like to see him hurt."
The young mage said then he sigh.
"I am just worried he would blame me, I could have told you what I knew and ten killed myself, I had my knife, but I did not, I came here...I did not do what he told me to."
Raymond said then he sigh again.
"It is not your fault that I came here, I could have run away. I do not know how powerful you or the other two are, probably more powerful than me, but I bet I could have managed to create enough of a stir to escape. I...do not know fully why I did not do that, perhaps I was afraid Larson would find me and force me to work for her again."

"She did tell me to tell you to take care, cover up...she loves you."

"Yeah she would say that...blankets, hot tea and cookies solve every problem in my mom's view of the world."
Raymond said and this time he actually smiled.
"I love her to."

"Dark woman in the mirror? Hrm...no, I don't think that's a figment of your mind exactly. Well, it is and is not - I believe it might be your avatar, trying to tell you something. Perhaps figure of your soul might be more appropriate. But there is something of this mirror left...I think that is good Raymond."

"I have seen her since I was little, she looks like one of those ghosts in Japanese horror movies, you know, paper white skin, long, matted black hair, a tattered black dress and in her eyes, nothing, not as if she do not have eyes, but as if there is a nothingness there which comforts me. Sometimes I see her leaning over my bed at night, or crawling on the walls, but usually she sit on the floor by this big, ornate Victorian mirror only that the paint is flaking of it and it is broken, she tries to pick up the pieces but all that accomplishes is that she cuts her fingers and she weep tears of black tar. There are some of the mirror left though but every time I hurt and animal or gave in to that darkness in me, another piece fell of, another piece for her to try to pick up."
Raymond said and scratched his head.
"Are you telling me she is my ehm...magick organ? Why do she look like a human or...a ghost or whatever, why not I do not something more New Agey? Or spiritual or something?"

He didn't answer right away but then said, "It hurts." He frowned.

Raymond shivered a little when you confirmed that.
"I thought so."
He mutters nervously.

"Let's concentrate on keeping you from that fate as much as we can. I don't want that to happen to you, or anyone that is like you, that still...you are still able to do good, know right from wrong, want to fight those impulses. You are helping to save Boston from the Nephandi and keep your parents safe. I still think there is a chance...for you and those like you.

"You think there is hope...that I will not be...that I will not loose my magick? Or turn into a monster? Or perhaps I already am a monster."
Raymond sigh.
"I do not want to hurt anyone, I just get these urges, dark, horrible urges, usually they are not violent, they can just be a fascination by looking at a dead bird rot or seeing decay and destruction. I get some relief from it by...and it probably sound silly I make these plaster figurines and paint them, and then I take a hammer and smash them to pieces until they are just plaster dust again, they where created and then they get un created until they do not exist as anything but potential again...it give some relief from those desires...it is stupid I know but it works. Sometimes though I am not able to stop myself...but I do not want to be that person."
Raymond said sadly. You remember that Beatrice had told you pretty much the same thing about her boxes of play dough that she kept on a shelf in her room, she enjoyed to shape figurines and then smash them, destroy them, make them not exist anymore as a harmless way to distract herself from her urges, and then off course it was her paintings, her terrible portraits of oblivion and destruction, a coping mechanism to placate her Avatar in ways that did not hurt anyone.

I know that conversation mustn've done anything for your appetite, but would you please eat something? I'll have some as well. I'm not the best cook but I promise it's edible at least."

"I guess...like you said I do not feel very hungry but I can try."
The young mage said and nodded.
"I am sure it is fine, I am not a picky eater."
He said and tried to offer you a slight smile.

You hear footsteps outside the door and then see you mentor poke his head in, the old mage looked considerably better after he had gotten some sleep though he had a bit of anger in his eyes.
"Mr Terach told me what had happened, he and Narim is talking with Miss Day and also finding Bergen and confining him to his room until I can have a talk with him, I will need to to tell me the details of what was said later mea filius if you know."
Jeffry said then he smiles a little.
"Oh and good morning to you and to you young Mr Danbrock."
The old mage said and you notice that Raymond get nervous.
"May I come in?"
Jeffry said then he taped a folder with some documents in them.
"I have a offer to give you Mr Danbrock, and I would like to give you the details if you feel up to it, I thought we would do it now, just in case..."
Your mentor trained of, he did not say it but you know he worry that Ulv might have told someone about Raymond out of spite, right now someone like D'Angelo could come and demand to be handed the boy as he just had status as a Fallen prisoner, with little or no rights, however once he officially was Jeffry's apprentice he would have the rights of any member of the Traditions and while he was still in danger he could not be Gilgulled or otherwise harmed without an official trial, but there was a point in getting the paperwork in order before anyone came for him.

Raymond gave you a bit of a fearful glance as he did not know what Jeffry wanted and he did not know what to think.
"Adley I will also need you to stay, if Mr Danbrock agree to my offer I will need another member of the Order as a witness."
Jeffry said as he waited for Raymond to calm down enough that him stepping into the make shift cell would not scare the boy.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:04 am

Colin thought for a moment, and realized he didn't even know IF Amadeus had a cell phone... He tapped a quick message to Beatrice's phone; "Master Nassa, Lady Ceris has asked for some pine twigs to clean her teeth; apparently, toothbrushes are too expensive-looking and modern for her. Can you help? C.W."

Then he spun around in the kitchen, whistling while he worked, cooking up food for at least four people, just to be safe.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top